Genomes and Genes
Summary: A competitive histamine H2-receptor antagonist. Its main pharmacodynamic effect is the inhibition of gastric secretion.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of three H2-receptor antagonists (cimetidine, famotidine, ranitidine) on serum gastrin levelT Ohsawa
Chidoribashi Hospital Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacokinetics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 22:29-35. 2002..The subjects were 51 patients (cimetidine: 18 patients; famotidine: 16 patients; ranitidine: 17 patients)...
- Esomeprazole compared with famotidine in the prevention of upper gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with acute coronary syndrome or myocardial infarctionFook Hong Ng
Department of Medicine and Geriatric, Ruttonjee Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Am J Gastroenterol 107:389-96. 2012..The objective of this study was to compare the efficacies of esomeprazole and famotidine in preventing gastrointestinal complications.
- Hepatoprotective, antinociceptive and antioxidant activities of cimetidine, ranitidine and famotidine as histamine H2 receptor antagonistsAmirhossein Ahmadi
Student Research Committee, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 25:72-9. 2011..The hepatoprotective effects of cimetidine, ranitidine and famotidine against hepatotoxicity induced by carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4) ) were determined by measuring the levels of ..
- Famotidine is inferior to pantoprazole in preventing recurrence of aspirin-related peptic ulcers or erosionsFook Hong Ng
Department of Medicine and Geriatric, Ruttonjee Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Gastroenterology 138:82-8. 2010..We compared the efficacy of high-dose famotidine with that of pantoprazole in preventing recurrent symptomatic ulcers/erosions.
- Efficacy of omeprazole, famotidine, mosapride and teprenone in patients with upper gastrointestinal symptoms: an omeprazole-controlled randomized study (J-FOCUS)Kouichi Sakurai
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
BMC Gastroenterol 12:42. 2012..In Japan, treatment guidelines are lacking for patients with upper gastrointestinal symptoms. We aimed to compare the efficacy of different drugs for the treatment of uninvestigated upper gastrointestinal symptoms...
- Differential substrate and inhibitory activities of ranitidine and famotidine toward human organic cation transporter 1 (hOCT1; SLC22A1), hOCT2 (SLC22A2), and hOCT3 (SLC22A3)David L Bourdet
Division of Drug Delivery and Disposition, School of Pharmacy, Kerr Hall, CB 7360, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 315:1288-97. 2005..this study was to evaluate the substrate and inhibitory activity of the H2-receptor antagonists ranitidine and famotidine toward hOCTs and to determine the hOCT isoforms involved in the absorption and elimination of these compounds in ..
- Protective effect of famotidine, omeprazole, and melatonin against acetylsalicylic acid-induced gastric damage in ratsG Sener-Muratoğlu
Marmara University School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacology, Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 46:318-30. 2001It has been reported that both omeprazole and famotidine have a protective effect against gastric mucosal damage induced by acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs...
- Influence of lansoprazole, famotidine, roxatidine and rebamipide administration on the urea breath test for the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infectionKyoichi Adachi
Department of Internal Medicine II, Shimane Medical University, Izumo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:168-71. 2003..The aim of this study is to clarify the effects of lansoprazole, famotidine, roxatidine and rebamipide administration on UBT sensitivity.
- Double-blind randomized trials of single-tablet ibuprofen/high-dose famotidine vs. ibuprofen alone for reduction of gastric and duodenal ulcersLoren Laine
Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 107:379-86. 2012..Ulcer Formation of HZT-501 Compared with Ibuprofen: Efficacy and Safety Studies)) to assess whether double-dose famotidine given in a single-tablet combination with ibuprofen (HZT-501) significantly reduces gastric and duodenal ulcers ..
- Influence of famotidine on verapamil pharmacokinetics in ratsKamal M Matar
Department of Applied Therapeutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 30:219-22. 2005The effect of famotidine (4 mg/kg, p.o.) on the kinetic profile of co-administered verapamil (20 mg/kg(-1), p.o.) was studied in the rat. Plasma verapamil levels were collected serially for 12 h and measured using sensitive HPLC method...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of famotidine in children with abdominal pain and dyspepsia: global and quantitative assessmentM C See
Department of Pediatrics, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029, USA
Dig Dis Sci 46:985-92. 2001..with abdominal pain and dyspepsia, 25 such children were enrolled in a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of famotidine. Global and quantitative pain assessments were done before and after each treatment period...
- In vivo gamma-rays induced initial DNA damage and the effect of famotidine in mouse leukocytes as assayed by the alkaline comet assayHossein Mozdarani
Dept of Medical Genetics, School of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
J Radiat Res 48:129-34. 2007..To assess gamma ray-induced DNA damage in vivo in mouse leukocytes at various doses and the effect of famotidine, blood was collected from Balb/c male mice after irradiation with 4 Gy gamma-rays at different time intervals ..
- Mechanochemical synthesis and in vitro anti-Helicobacter pylori and uresase inhibitory activities of novel zinc(II)-famotidine complexMuhammad Amin
Department of Chemistry, University of Sargodha, Sargodha, Pakistan
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 25:383-90. 2010The mechanochemical synthesis and characterization of a zinc complex with famotidine is described. The complex was characterized by microanalysis and a number of spectroscopic techniques. The complex was of M:L dihydrate type...
- Assessing the efficacy of famotidine and rebamipide in the treatment of gastric mucosal lesions in patients receiving long-term NSAID therapy (FORCE--famotidine or rebamipide in comparison by endoscopy)Jun ichi Yamao
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijocho, Kashihara 634 8512, Japan
J Gastroenterol 41:1178-85. 2006..In this study, we compare the effects of famotidine and rebamipide on NSAID-associated gastric mucosal lesions using upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- New strategy of therapy for functional dyspepsia using famotidine, mosapride and amitriptylineM Otaka
Department of Internal Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Hondu, Akita, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:42-6. 2005..As a therapy for IBS patients, the effectiveness of antidepressants has been reported...
- Comparison of the efficacy of irsogladine maleate and famotidine for the healing of gastric ulcers after Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy: a randomized, controlled, prospective studyKazunari Murakami
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, 1 1 Idaigaoka, Hasama machi, Yufu, Oita, Japan
Scand J Gastroenterol 46:287-92. 2011..pylori eradication therapy. We therefore compared the efficacy of irsogladine with famotidine as appropriate treatments for ulcers after eradication therapy.
- Evaluation of the disintegration properties of commercial famotidine 20 mg orally disintegrating tablets using a simple new test and human sensory testTsutomu Harada
Formulation Research Laboratories, Kawashima Research, Eisai Co Ltd, 1 Kawashimatakahaya machi, Kakamigahara, Gifu 501 6195, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:1072-5. 2006..Eight types of commercial famotidine 20 mg orally disintegrating tablets with different physical properties (formulation, manufacturing method, ..
- Concomitant dosing of famotidine with a triple therapy increases the cure rates of Helicobacter pylori infections in patients with the homozygous extensive metabolizer genotype of CYP2C19K Okudaira
Second Department of Internal Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:491-7. 2005..Proton-pump inhibitors, such as lansoprazole, are metabolized in the liver by CYP2C19 and cannot inhibit acid sufficiently in homozygous extensive metabolizers of CYP2C19...
- Effect of esomeprazole versus famotidine on platelet inhibition by clopidogrel: a double-blind, randomized trialPrabowo Tunggal
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Ruttonjee Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Am Heart J 162:870-4. 2011..It is unknown whether famotidine, a histamine 2 receptor antagonist, interacts with clopidogrel...
- Comparative study of nizatidine and famotidine for maintenance therapy of erosive esophagitisNaoharu Hamamoto
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Shimane University, School of Medicine, 89 1 Enya cho, Izumo shi, Shimane 693 8501, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:281-6. 2005..present multicenter, randomized controlled study was performed to investigate whether nizatidine is superior to famotidine, which does not suppress acetylcholine esterase activity, in maintenance therapy for erosive esophagitis...
- The effect of famotidine addition on olanzapine-induced weight gain in first-episode schizophrenia patients: a double-blind placebo-controlled pilot studyMichael Poyurovsky
Research Unit, Tirat Carmel Mental Health Center, 9 Eshkol Street, 30200 Tirat Carmel, Israel
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:332-6. 2004..In this double-blind placebo-controlled study we evaluated whether the H2 antagonist famotidine may prevent/attenuate olanzapine-induced weight gain...
- Secretory transport of ranitidine and famotidine across Caco-2 cell monolayersKiho Lee
Division of Drug Delivery and Disposition, School of Pharmacy, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 303:574-80. 2002The secretory transport of the H(2)-antagonists, ranitidine and famotidine, across Caco-2 cell monolayers was found to be a saturable process...
- Effects of ranitidine, famotidine, pantoprazole, and omeprazole on intragastric pH in dogsAlexa M E Bersenas
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Am J Vet Res 66:425-31. 2005..To identify the normal gastric acid secretion profile in dogs and determine the degree of gastric acid suppression associated with 4 gastric acid suppressants...
- Capillary zone electrophoresis method for the determination of famotidine and related impurities in pharmaceuticalsN Helali
Institut National des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie, Laboratoire de Chimie Analytique et Electrochimie 04UR12 01, Centre Urbain Nord, B P No 676, 1080 Tunis Cedex, Tunisia
Talanta 74:694-8. 2008..rapid capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE) method with UV detection has been developed for the determination of famotidine and its potential impurities in pharmaceutical formulations...
- Does famotidine enhance tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in breast cancer? Results of a randomized prospective pilot studyRajinder Parshad
Department of Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Acta Oncol 41:362-5. 2002Thirty patients with breast cancer were prospectively randomized into case and control groups receiving 40 mg famotidine preoperatively for 10-14 days and routine premedication, respectively...
- Effects of the H2-receptor antagonist famotidine on the pharmacokinetics of atazanavir-ritonavir with or without tenofovir in HIV-infected patientsXiaodong Wang
Bristol Myers Squibb, Research and Development, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 25:509-15. 2011..In healthy subjects, famotidine, an H(2)-receptor antagonist, reduces exposures of atazanavir by 4-28% at doses of 20-40 mg twice daily...
- Famotidine for the prevention of peptic ulcers and oesophagitis in patients taking low-dose aspirin (FAMOUS): a phase III, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialAli S Taha
Gastroenterology Unit, Crosshouse Hospital, University of Glasgow, Kilmarnock, UK
Lancet 374:119-25. 2009..We therefore investigated the efficacy of famotidine, a well-tolerated histamine H(2)-receptor antagonist, in the prevention of peptic ulcers and erosive ..
- The comparative effects of single intravenous doses of omeprazole and famotidine on intragastric pHYasunobu Abe
The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
J Gastroenterol 39:21-5. 2004..The aim of our study was to investigate the inhibitory effects on gastric acid secretion after single intravenous administrations of omeprazole 20mg and famotidine 20 mg.
- Comparison of lansoprazole and famotidine for gastric acid inhibition during the daytime and night-time in different CYP2C19 genotype groupsN Shirai
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:837-46. 2002The acid inhibitory effect of lansoprazole depends on the S-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylase (CYP2C19) genotype status. The effect of famotidine is independent of this genotype.
- Comparison of an increased dosage regimen of rabeprazole versus a concomitant dosage regimen of famotidine with rabeprazole for nocturnal gastric acid inhibition in relation to cytochrome P450 2C19 genotypesMitsushige Sugimoto
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:302-11. 2005..We compared the effectiveness of an increased dosage regimen of rabeprazole with that of a concomitant dosage regimen of rabeprazole with famotidine, relative to cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C19 genotype status, on nocturnal acid inhibition.
- Enhancement of famotidine dissolution rate through liquisolid tablets formulation: in vitro and in vivo evaluationRania H Fahmy
Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:993-1003. 2008Although famotidine was reported to be 7.5 and 20 times more potent than ranitidine and cimetidine, respectively, its oral bioavailability is low and variable; due mainly to its poor aqueous solubility...
- Preventive effects of lansoprazole and famotidine on gastric mucosal injury induced by low-dose aspirin in Helicobacter pylori-negative healthy volunteersMasafumi Nishino
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Clin Pharmacol 51:1079-86. 2011The preventive effects of lansoprazole and famotidine on low-dose aspirin-induced gastric mucosal injury in relation to gastric acidity were compared in healthy Japanese volunteers...
- A prospective randomized trial of either famotidine or pantoprazole for the prevention of bleeding after endoscopic submucosal dissectionHye Kyong Jeong
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:1055-9. 2007..patients undergoing ESD due to gastric adenoma or adenocarcinoma were randomly assigned to pantoprazole or famotidine. Both drugs were given intravenously for the first 2 days, thereafter by mouth...
- New colorimetric methods for the determination of trazodone HCl, famotidine, and diltiazem HCl in their pharmaceutical dosage formsMagda M Ayad
Analytical Chemical Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
Anal Bioanal Chem 376:710-4. 2003Two sensitive and simple spectrophotometric methods are developed for the determination of trazodone HCl, famotidine, and diltiazem HCl in pure and pharmaceutical preparations...
- Kinetic spectrophotometric determination of famotidine in commercial dosage formsNafisur Rahman
Analytical Research Division, Department of Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh U P 202002, India
Anal Sci 19:907-11. 2003A simple kinetic spectrophotometric method is described for the determination of famotidine. The method is based on the oxidation of the drug with alkaline potassium permanganate...
- Simultaneous determination of cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine, and ranitidine in tablets by capillary zone electrophoresisS M Wu
School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, ROC, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 22:2758-62. 2001..capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE) method is described for the simultaneous determination of cimetidine (CIM), famotidine (FAM), nizatidine (NIZ), and ranitidine (RAN)...
- Famotidine vs. omeprazole: a prospective randomized multicentre trial to determine efficacy in non-erosive gastro-oesophageal reflux diseaseY Fujiwara
Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Asahimachi, Osaka, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:10-8. 2005..The efficacy of acid-suppressive drugs for non-erosive gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in Japan, in which the prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection is higher compared with Western countries, is unknown...
- Development of a rapid HPLC method for determination of famotidine in human plasma using a monolithic columnA Zarghi
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, No 105, Shams Alley, Vali e Asr Ave, Across from Tavanir St, P O Box 14155 6153, Tehran, Iran
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:677-80. 2005A rapid and sensitive HPLC method using a monolithic column has been developed for quantification of famotidine in plasma...
- Stability indicating method for famotidine in pharmaceuticals using porous graphitic carbon columnNawel Helali
Institut National des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie, Centre Urbain Nord, Tunis Cedex, Tunisia
J Sep Sci 31:276-82. 2008A simple, sensitive and rapid HPLC method was developed and validated for the simultaneous determination of famotidine (FMT) and related impurities in pharmaceuticals...
- Preparation and evaluation of taste masked famotidine formulation using drug/beta-cyclodextrin/polymer ternary complexation approachAshok R Patel
Centre for Novel Drug Delivery Systems, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai 400019, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:544-50. 2008..For this purpose famotidine with property of bitter taste was selected as a model drug...
- Early effects of intravenous administrations of lansoprazole and famotidine on intragastric pHHiroshi Iida
Gastroenterology Division, Yokohama City University Hospital, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama Kanagawa, 236 0004, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 56:551-4. 2009..The aim of our study was to investigate the inhibitory effects on gastric acid secretion after single intravenous administrations of lansoprazole 30 mg and famotidine 20 mg.
- Application of ninhydrin to spectrophotometric determination of famotidine in drug formulationsNafisur Rahman
Department of Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry Division, Aligarh Muslim University, 202 002 Aligarh, India
Farmaco 58:1045-50. 2003A simple and fast spectrophotometric procedure has been developed for the determination of famotidine. The method is based on the interaction of ninhydrin with primary amines present in the famotidine...
- A study on the nickel II-famotidine complexesMalgorzata Baranska
Faculty of Chemistry, Jagiellonian University, 3 Ingardena Str, 30 060 Cracow, Poland
J Inorg Biochem 92:112-20. 2002Potentiometric studies have shown that Ni(II) forms three pH-dependent complexes with famotidine (L), namely: [NiHL](3+), [NiL](2+) and [NiH(-2)L]. Two of them have been isolated from solution with a Ni/famotidine ratio of 1:1. At pH 6...
- Determination of famotidine in low-volume human plasma by normal-phase liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryL Zhong
Department of Drug Metabolism, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Mass Spectrom 36:736-41. 2001..procedure using liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) for the determination of famotidine in human plasma and urine is described...
- Quantitative determination of famotidine through charge-transfer complexation with chloranilic acidB K Chukwurah
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
Boll Chim Farm 140:354-60. 2001Quantitative determination of famotidine and its dosage forms was carried out spectrophotometrically, analysing the coloured complex resulting from a charge-transfer interaction between the drug as an electron-donor and chloranilic acid ..
- Optimization and validation of a dissolution test for famotidine tablets using flow injection analysisParaskevas D Tzanavaras
Quality Control Department, Cosmopharm Ltd, P O Box 42, Korinthos 20100, Greece
J Pharm Biomed Anal 41:437-41. 2006A dissolution test for famotidine tablets was optimized and validated using flow injection analysis (FIA)...
- Validated HPTLC method for simultaneous quantitation of paracetamol, diclofenac potassium, and famotidine in tablet formulationLaxman D Khatal
Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Poona College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pune, Maharashtra, India 411038
J AOAC Int 93:765-70. 2010..simple, selective, precise, and accurate HPTLC method of analysis for paracetamol, diclofenac potassium, and famotidine both as a bulk drug and in tablet formulation was developed and validated...
- Comparison of amoxicillin-metronidazole plus famotidine or lansoprazole for amoxicillin-clarithromycin-proton pump inhibitor treatment failures for Helicobacter pylori infectionKazunari Murakami
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, 1 1 Idaigaoka Hasama, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Helicobacter 11:436-40. 2006..The authors assessed the efficacy and safety of second-line eradication using the H2-receptor antagonist famotidine as a substitute for proton pump inhibitor.
- Potentiometric determination of famotidine in pharmaceutical formulationsMagda M Ayad
Analytical Chemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 29:247-54. 2002Two new potentiometric methods for determination of famotidine in pure form and in its pharmaceutical tablet form are developed...
- Spectrofluorimetric determination of famotidine in pharmaceutical preparations and biological fluids. Application to stability studiesM I Walash
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mansoura University, Mansoura, 35516, Egypt
J Fluoresc 19:333-44. 2009..economic, selective, and stability indicating spectrofluorimetric method was developed for the determination of famotidine (FMT); is based on its reaction with 9, 10-phenanthraquinone in alkaline medium to give a highly fluorescent ..
- Coagulation-dependent gene expression and liver injury in rats given lipopolysaccharide with ranitidine but not with famotidineJames P Luyendyk
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Center for Integrative Toxicology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:635-43. 2006..lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and ranitidine (RAN) develop hepatocellular injury, whereas rats treated with LPS and famotidine (FAM) do not...
- The effect of famotidine on gastroesophageal and duodeno-gastro-esophageal refluxes in critically ill patientsYing Xin
Department of Gastroenterology, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Hangzhou 310016, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:356-8. 2003To investigate the effect of famotidine on gastroesophageal reflux (GER) and duodeno-gastro-esophageal reflux (DGER) and to explore it's possible mechanisms. To identify the relevant factors of the reflux.
- Unique gene expression and hepatocellular injury in the lipopolysaccharide-ranitidine drug idiosyncrasy rat model: comparison with famotidineJames P Luyendyk
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Center for Integrative Toxicology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Toxicol Sci 90:569-85. 2006Rats cotreated with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and ranitidine (RAN) but not LPS and famotidine (FAM) develop hepatocellular injury in an animal model of idiosyncratic drug reactions...
- Interaction between famotidine and neuromuscular blockers: an in vivo study in ratsY Mishra
Pharmacy Department, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Anesth Analg 77:780-3. 1993The effect of histamine 2-antagonist famotidine on neuromuscular paralysis induced with either nondepolarizing or depolarizing neuromuscular blocking drugs was examined in anesthetized and mechanically ventilated rats...
- Efficacy of camostat mesilate compared with famotidine for treatment of functional dyspepsia: is camostat mesilate effective?Nobuo Ashizawa
Department of Gastroenterology, Tamatsukuri Kousei Nenkin Hospital, Yatsuka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:767-71. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine the potential efficacy of camostat mesilate, a protease inhibitor, against functional dyspepsia and to characterize patients with favorable responses...
- Lafutidine, a newly developed antiulcer drug, elevates postprandial intragastric pH and increases plasma calcitonin gene-related peptide and somatostatin concentrations in humans: comparisons with famotidineTomohiko Shimatani
Department of General Medicine, Hiroshima University Hospital, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 51:114-20. 2006..aged 23-32 years without Helicobacter pylori infection were orally administered either 10 mg lafutidine, 20 mg famotidine, or water only (control) 30 min after a standard meal (650 kcal)...
- Famotidine for infant gastro-oesophageal reflux: a multi-centre, randomized, placebo-controlled, withdrawal trialS R Orenstein
Pediatric Gastroenterology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2583, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1097-107. 2003..Gastro-oesophageal reflux afflicts up to 7% of all infants. Histamine-2 receptor antagonists are the most commonly prescribed medications for this disorder, but few controlled studies support this practice...
- Stability of metronidazole, tetracycline HCl and famotidine alone and in combinationYunqi Wu
Product Development, SCOLR Pharma, Inc, Bellevue, Washington, USA
Int J Pharm 290:1-13. 2005Metronidazole, tetracycline HCl and famotidine are commonly used for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori-associated peptic ulcer...
- Effects of the histamine H2 receptor antagonist famotidine on the healing of colonic anastomosis in ratsAydin Inan
School of Medicine, Fatih University, Ankara, Turkiye
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 64:567-70. 2009..Because histamine plays an important role in immune and inflammatory reactions, we demonstrate the effects of famotidine on the healing of colonic anastomosis in rats.
- Comparison of the effects of omeprazole and famotidine in treatment of upper abdominal symptoms in patients with reflux esophagitisHiroaki Kusunoki
Department of General Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki, 701 0192, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:261-70. 2009..The purpose of this study was to compare the efficacy of proton pump inhibitor (PPI) with H(2) receptor antagonist (H(2)RA) in treatment of upper abdominal symptoms...
- Famotidine and long QT syndromeKen W Lee
Division of Cardiology, Cardiac Electrophysiology Section, University of California at San Francisco, 500 Parnassus Avenue, MU East 4, Box 1354, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:1325-7. 2004..However, the association of famotidine and acquired long QT syndrome has rarely been reported...
- Low-dose cyclophosphamide and continuous-infusion interleukin-2 with famotidine in previously treated metastatic melanoma or kidney cancerWalter D Y Quan
Division of Hematology Oncology, East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 23:108-13. 2008..b>Famotidine may increase IL-2 internalization by the IL-2 receptor on T-lymphocytes...
- Usefulness of famotidine in functional dyspepsia patient treatment: comparison among prokinetic, acid suppression and antianxiety therapiesH Seno
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:32-6. 2005..The treatment of functional dyspepsia is controversial...
- [Preparation of famotidine microemulsion and its quality evaluation]Hai ying Ye
Department of Pharmacy, Zhujiang Hospital, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510282, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 23:68-70. 2003To study the preparation of famotidine microemulsion (FM) and its quality evaluation, thereby to establish the quality-control criteria for this preparation.
- Effects of omeprazole and famotidine on fibroblast growth factor-2 during artificial gastric ulcer healing in humansMotohiro Esaki
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:365-9. 2002..This study aimed to compare the effects of omeprazole and famotidine on ulcer healing and fibroblast growth factor-2 levels in gastric ulcers induced by endoscopic mucosal resection.
- Formulation and evaluation of famotidine floating tabletsM Jaimini
Bhupal Nobles College of Pharmacy, Udaipur 313001, Rajasthan, India
Curr Drug Deliv 4:51-5. 2007The purpose of this investigation was to prepare a gastroretentive drug delivery system of famotidine. Floating tablets of famotidine were prepared employing two different grades of methocel K100 and methocel K15M by effervescent ..
- Evaluation of carboxymethyl-beta-cyclodextrin with acid function: improvement of chemical stability, oral bioavailability and bitter taste of famotidineFatma M Mady
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, El Minia University, El Minia Governate 61732, Egypt
Int J Pharm 397:1-8. 2010..CM-beta-CyD) on the aqueous solubility, chemical stability and oral bioavailability of famotidine (FMT) as well as on its bitter taste...
- The quantitative prediction of bitterness-suppressing effect of sweeteners on the bitterness of famotidine by sweetness-responsive sensorYoshimi Hashimoto
Astellas Pharma Inc, Information System Management Department, 3 17 1 Hasune, Tokyo 174 8612, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:739-46. 2007..prediction of the bitterness-suppressing effect of sweeteners (sucrose or sugar alcohols) on the bitterness of famotidine (or quinine sulfate as control) solutions using an artificial taste sensor...
- A prospective randomized trial of either famotidine or omeprazole for the prevention of bleeding after endoscopic mucosal resection and the healing of endoscopic mucosal resection-induced ulcerationY Yamaguchi
The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:111-5. 2005..However, uncertain whether an histamine2-receptor antagonist or proton-pump inhibitor is more effective...
- Initial 48-hour acid inhibition by intravenous infusion of omeprazole, famotidine, or both in relation to cytochrome P450 2C19 genotype statusMitsushige Sugimoto
First Department of Medicine and Center for Clinical Research, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Shizuoka, Japan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:539-48. 2006....
- Omeprazole may be superior to famotidine in the management of iatrogenic ulcer after endoscopic mucosal resection: a prospective randomized controlled trialB D Ye
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Korea
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:837-43. 2006..However, the relative merits of proton pump inhibitor or histamine(2)-receptor antagonist for endoscopic mucosal resection-induced ulcers are not known...
- A new quadruple therapy for Helicobacter pylori using tripotassium dicitrato bismuthate, furazolidone, josamycin and famotidineW Z Liu
Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, China
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 14:1519-22. 2000..In our previous study, a triple therapy using tripotassium dicitrato bismuthate (TDB), josamycin and furazolidone achieved a suboptimal cure rate of Helicobacter pylori infection...
- Preventive therapy for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced ulcers in Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis: the current situation and a prospective controlled-study of the preventive effects of lansoprazole or famotidineK Miyake
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Sendagi, Tokyo, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:67-72. 2005..There is a lack of evidence for the efficacy of preventive medications for peptic ulcers (PUs) among long-term users of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in Japan...
- Relationship between histamine2-receptor antagonist medications and risk of invasive breast cancerRobert W Mathes
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:67-72. 2008..The few previous studies evaluating this association have been null but have been limited by small sample sizes, and none have evaluated risk by either histologic type or estrogen receptor/progesterone receptor status...
- [Safety of proton pump inhibitors]Juan V Esplugues
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultat de Medicina i Odontologia, Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 127:790-5. 2006..After two decades of use, PPIs have proved to be very effective and safe drugs...
- Effects of famotidine, mosapride and tandospirone for treatment of functional dyspepsiaY Kinoshita
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Shimane University School of Medicine, Izumo shi, Shimane, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:37-41. 2005..An effective therapeutic strategy for functional dyspepsia (FD) has not been well-established...
- A new sensitive flow-injection chemiluminescence method for the determination of H(2)-receptor antagonistsYu Hai Tang
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, People s Republic of China
Luminescence 22:343-8. 2007..of three kinds of H(2)-receptor antagonists: cimetidine (CIMT), ranitidine (RANT) hydrochloride and famotidine (FAMT). Under the optimum conditions, the linear range for the determination was 1.0 x 10(-9)-7...
- [Pharmacological efficacy of bismuth tripotassium dicitrate in peptic ulcer]Iu B Belousov
Ter Arkh 79:58-66. 2007
- Spectrophotometric determination of H(2)-receptor antagonists via their oxidation with cerium(IV)Ibrahim A Darwish
Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut 71526, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:33-40. 2008..method has been developed and validated for determination of H(2)-receptor antagonists: cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine and ranitidine hydrochloride...
- Carrier-mediated uptake of H2-receptor antagonists by the rat choroid plexus: involvement of rat organic anion transporter 3Yoshinori Nagata
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 32:1040-7. 2004..anion transporter 3 (rOat3; Slc22a8) in the uptake of H(2)-receptor antagonists (cimetidine, ranitidine, and famotidine) by the isolated rat CP...
- Comparative study of the speed of acid-suppressing effects of oral administration of cimetidine and famotidineKyoichi Adachi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Shimane University, School of Medicine, Shimane, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1012-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to compare the rapidity of onset of antisecretory activity of cimetidine and famotidine when orally administered.
- Effects of histamine 2 receptor antagonists on endothelial-neutrophil adhesion and surface expression of endothelial adhesion molecules induced by high glucose levelsYoshiyuki Takeuchi
Department of Internal Medicine and Bioregulation, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Diabetes Complications 21:50-5. 2007..Of three histamine 2 receptor antagonists (cimetidine, ranitidine, and famotidine), only cimetidine significantly attenuated adhesion mediated by 48-h incubation with 27.8 mM glucose...
- Effect of Helicobacter pylori status on intragastric pH during administration of lafutidine or famotidineTomoyuki Koike
Division of Gastroenterology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:1280-4. 2007..The first aim of this study was to investigate the effect of H. pylori status on intragastric pH in healthy volunteers receiving lafutidine or famotidine. The second aim was to compare the effects of the two antisecretory drugs.
- [The effect of H2 receptor blockers on renal function. An attempt to accurately measure glomerular filtration]Waldemar Motyl
Z Oddziału Wewnetrznego Szpitala Powiatowego w Drawsku Pomorskim, ul Bolesława Chrobrego 4, 78 500 Drawsko Pomorskie
Ann Acad Med Stetin 50:97-105. 2004..consisted of 76 healthy individuals randomly assigned to groups which were placed on cimetidine, ranitidine or famotidine. Creatinine clearance was measured in all participants...
- Gastroprotective and antioxidant effects of montelukast on indomethacin-induced gastric ulcer in ratsGunnur Ozbakis Dengiz
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Karaelmas University, Turkey
J Pharmacol Sci 105:94-102. 2007..MPO), as markers of the ulceration process following oral administration of montelukast, lansoprazole, famotidine, and ranitidine, respectively, in rats with indomethacin-induced ulcers...
- Inhibition of neutrophil activation by lafutidine, an H2-receptor antagonist, through enhancement of sensory neuron activation contributes to the reduction of stress-induced gastric mucosal injury in ratsNaoaki Harada
Department of Biodefense Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 52:469-77. 2007..of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and 6-keto-PGF(1alpha), a stable metabolite of prostacyclin, whereas famotidine, another H(2)-receptor antagonist, did not...
- In vitro availability of metformin in presence of h(2) receptor antagonistsNajma Sultana
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 19:28-34. 2006..2003 dissolution test apparatus. Commonly prescribed H(2) receptor antagonists like cimetidine, ranitidine and famotidine were used in these studies...
- [UV spectrophotometric assay of famotidine in combination with picrolonic acid, picrolinate]M Apostu
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Farmacie, Disciplina de Chimie Analitică
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 109:422-5. 2005b>Famotidine, belonging to H2-antagonist group, is a compound containing a thiazolic moiety and it is used in peptic ulcer therapy...
- Effects of rabeprazole or famotidine during cardiac surgery on perioperative gastric and esophageal pH readingsShigeyoshi Gon
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Dokkyo Medical University Koshigaya Hospital, Koshigaya, Saitama, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 54:278-84. 2006..Upper gastrointestinal bleeding, particularly from a stress-induced duodenal ulcer, is an extremely important perioperative complication in cardiovascular surgery...
- In vitro availability studies of enoxacin in presence of H2 receptor antagonistsM Saeed Arayne
Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:235-43. 2007..In present study in vitro release of enoxacin in presence of cimetidine, ranitidine and famotidine has been studied on a B.P...
- Effects of ranitidine on quality of gastric ulcer healing compared with famotidine: a randomized, controlled, multicenter trialK Higuchi
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, Abeno Ku, Japan
Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 25:187-94. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of ranitidine compared with those of famotidine on the quality of gastric ulcer healing...
- Fosinopril H(2)-receptor antagonists interaction studies by derivative spectroscopyNajma Sultana
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:19-25. 2007..Commonly prescribed H(2) receptor antagonists like cimetidine, ranitidine and famotidine were used in these studies...
- [Concomitant dosing of a H2 receptor antagonist (H2RA) with a triple therapy increases the cure rate of Helicobacter pylori infection]Keisuke Okudaira
Second Department of Internal Medicine, National Defense Medical College
Nihon Rinsho 63:391-6. 2005
- Four-day continuous gastric pH monitoring following anti-acid secretory drug administration: cross-over test to assess the early effectsT Suzuki
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27:66-71. 2008..There have been few reports that compare the effect of histamine H2-receptor antagonists (H2RAs) and proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) using continuous gastric pH monitoring for a long duration...
- Simple and universal HPLC-UV method to determine cimetidine, ranitidine, famotidine and nizatidine in urine: application to the analysis of ranitidine and its metabolites in human volunteersDiane A I Ashiru
Department of Pharmaceutics, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 860:235-40. 2007A validated, simple and universal HPLC-UV method for the determination of cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine and ranitidine in human urine is presented...
- Continuous infusion interleukin-2 and antihistamines in metastatic kidney cancerPaul R Walker
Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Medical University of Ohio at Toledo, Ruppert Center, 3120 Glendale Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 20:487-90. 2005..Studies in which cimetidine, ranitidine, or famotidine were regularly scheduled and administered concurrently with IL-2 were included. Thirteen studies were identified...
- The efficacy of preanesthetic proton pump inhibitor treatment for patients on long-term H2 antagonist therapyKazuyoshi Hirota
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Hirosaki School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8563, Japan
Anesth Analg 101:1038-41, table of contents. 2005..preanesthetic proton pump inhibitor (PPI; oral rabeprazol) use in patients receiving regular H2-antagonist (oral famotidine) therapy for more than 4 wk...
- Effect of long-term half-dose famotidine therapy on corpus gastritis in peptic ulcer diseaseT Kamada
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Matsushima, Kurashiki, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:99-104. 2005..Recent studies showed that acid-suppressive therapy aggravates corpus gastritis in patients with Helicobacter pylori infection...
- Evaluation of the effects of anti-secretory drugs on intragastric acidity: is combined therapy with a proton pump inhibitor and an H2 receptor antagonist effective as initial treatment?Masahiko Inamori
J Gastroenterol 40:213-4. 2005
- Spermicidal efficacy of H2-receptor antagonists and potentiation with 2', 4'-dichlorobenzamil hydrochloride: role of intrasperm Ca2+A Gupta
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, Punjabi University, 147 002, Patiala, India
Contraception 68:61-4. 2003..Influence of commonly used H(2)-receptor antagonists cimetidine, ranitidine and famotidine on sperm viability and intrasperm Ca(2+) was evaluated in ejaculated human semen samples...
- Measurement of meal-stimulated gastric acid secretion by in vivo gastric autotitrationJerry D Gardner
Science for Organizations, Inc, Chatham, New Jersey 07928, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 92:427-34. 2002..Placebo, ranitidine (150 mg), ranitidine (75 mg), or famotidine (10 mg) was given 1 h after the beginning of the meal...
- AGE-RELATED GASTRIC CHANGES AND DRUG ABSORPTIONAryeh Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 1993..in young adults with normal secretory status and after suppression of acid by the H2 receptor antagonist, famotidine. Gastric pH will be confirmed directly by concomitant ingestion of a radiotelemetry pH capsule...
- PREVENTION OF ULCER HEMORRHAGE BY H PYLORI ERADICATIONDennis Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2000..be randomized to receive in a double-blind fashion either a full dose of a histamine-2-receptor antagonist (H2RA-Famotidine 40 mg HS) or placebo for the entire duration of the study. Patients whose H...
- Two Photon MicroscopeMarshall Montrose; Fiscal Year: 2005..The application is supported by substantial interest, need, and financial support at the University, and will serve a strongly NIH-funded scientific community. ..
- SUBCELLULAR REGULATION OF COLONIC ION TRANSPORTERSMarshall Montrose; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Innovations in Gastrointestinal Research and Therapy: FASEB summer conferenceMarshall Montrose; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our funding request is specifically to support this award program allowing more Junior Investigators to participate actively in the program. ..
- Arcturus Veritas Microdissection MicroscopeMarshall Montrose; Fiscal Year: 2006..The application is supported by substantial interest, need, and financial support at the University, and will serve a strongly NIH-funded scientific community. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gastrointestinal Response to Injury: Canada 2007Marshall Montrose; Fiscal Year: 2007..The aim of this application is to obtain the funds for travel awards to facilitate the participation of young scientists in "Gastrointestinal Response to Injury: Canada 2007." [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- Helicobacter pylori: Pathogenesis and VirulenceKenneth Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2005....