- Comparison of the influence of NSAIDs with different COX-selectivity on histamine release from mast cells isolated from naïve and sensitized rats
Department of Pharmacology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Int Immunopharmacol 7:532-40. 2007
..The results seem to exclude toxic effects on mast cell energy production but are consistent with an interference with the calcium disposition...
- Benzothiazinones kill Mycobacterium tuberculosis by blocking arabinan synthesis
A N Bakh Institute of Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Science, 119071 Moscow, Russia
Science 324:801-4. 2009
..The most advanced compound, BTZ043, is a candidate for inclusion in combination therapies for both drug-sensitive and extensively drug-resistant TB...
- Mammalian sweet taste receptors
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 106:381-90. 2001
..Finally, we present a detailed analysis of the patterns of expression of T1Rs and T2Rs, thus providing a view of the representation of sweet and bitter taste at the periphery...
- Inducible cyclooxygenase released prostaglandin mediates immunosuppression in acute phase of experimental Trypanosoma cruzi infection
M A Michelin
Department of Biological Sciences, Immunology, Federal School of Medicine, Uberaba, MG, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 111:71-9. 2005
..In conclusion, the results suggest that the prostaglandins produced mainly by COX-2 mediate the immunosuppression observed in the acute phase of T. cruzi infection...
- Comparative pharmacokinetics of three non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in five bird species
Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, B 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 134:25-33. 2003
..The half-life of chickens and pigeons was three-fold as long as the other bird species for meloxicam, and, for salicylic acid, the half-life in pigeons was at least three-five-fold longer than in the other bird species...
- Meloxicam in rheumatoid arthritis
David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 1:739-51. 2005
..Clinical trials have shown that meloxicam at 7.5 - 15 mg/day is as effective as diclofenac, piroxicam and naproxen as an anti-inflammatory and analgesic, and was associated with fewer GI adverse effects...
- Assessment of behavioral changes associated with oral meloxicam administration at time of dehorning in calves using a remote triangulation device and accelerometers
Miles E Theurer
Department of Diagnostic Medicine and Pathobiology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, USA
BMC Vet Res 8:48. 2012
..Accelerometers monitored lying behavior and the remote triangulation device was used to monitor each calf's movement within the pen...
- Paw inflammation model in dogs for preclinical pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic investigations of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
E C Jeunesse
Toxalim, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Toulouse, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 338:548-58. 2011
..These in vivo IC(50) values require approximately 80 (antipyretic effect) to 90% (all other effects) cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition as calculated ex vivo whole-blood assay data...
- (1,4-Benzothiazinyloxy)alkylpiperazine derivatives as potential antihypertensive agents
Istituto di Chimica e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Universita di Perugia, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 10:465-8. 2000
..Some compounds bearing a oxyalkyl-(2-methoxyphenyl)piperazine side chain were good alpha1-adrenoreceptor ligands...
- Phase 3 randomized 3-month trial with an ongoing 3-month safety extension of fixed-combination brinzolamide 1%/brimonidine 0.2%
Quang H Nguyen
Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 29:290-7. 2013
..2% (BBFC) with that of its component medications, brinzolamide and brimonidine, in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension...
- The effect of meloxicam on behavior and pain sensitivity of dairy calves following cautery dehorning with a local anesthetic
Department of Population Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada, N1G 2W1
J Dairy Sci 93:2450-7. 2010
..62+/-0.13 kg of force and 2.13+/-0.15 kg of force for control and meloxicam calves, respectively). Changes in behavior suggest that meloxicam was effective for reducing post-surgical pain and distress associated with calf dehorning...
- Effects of vasectomy surgery and meloxicam treatment on faecal corticosterone levels and behaviour in two strains of laboratory mouse
Siân L Wright-Williams
Comparative Biology Centre, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Pain 130:108-18. 2007
..Vasectomy elicits a rise in corticosterone levels that was only reduced by the highest dose of meloxicam...
- Drug-dependent requirement of hippocampal neurogenesis in a model of depression and of antidepressant reversal
U930, INSERM, Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, Tours, France
Biol Psychiatry 64:293-301. 2008
..We investigated causality between changes in hippocampal neurogenesis and the effects of both chronic stress and chronic ADs...
- Benzothiazinones: prodrugs that covalently modify the decaprenylphosphoryl-β-D-ribose 2'-epimerase DprE1 of Mycobacterium tuberculosis
New Medicines for Tuberculosis Consortium, Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Am Chem Soc 132:13663-5. 2010
..Here we demonstrate that BTZs are activated in the bacterium by reduction of an essential nitro group to a nitroso derivative, which then specifically reacts with a cysteine residue in the active site of DprE1...
- Decaprenylphosphoryl-β-D-ribose 2'-epimerase, the target of benzothiazinones and dinitrobenzamides, is an essential enzyme in Mycobacterium smegmatis
Paul K Crellin
Department of Microbiology, Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Structural and Functional Microbial Genomics, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e16869. 2011
..Indeed, direct experimental evidence of the essentiality of DprE1 has not been obtained in any species of mycobacterium...
- Enhanced protection by melatonin and meloxicam combination in experimental infection by Trypanosoma cruzi
L G R Oliveira
Laboratorio de Parasitologia, Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Toxicologicas e Bromatologicas, Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas de Ribeirao Preto FCFRP USP, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brasil
Parasite Immunol 32:245-51. 2010
..Therefore, our results suggest that the association of melatonin and meloxicam was more effective in protecting animals against the harmful actions of T. cruzi infection as compared with the treatments of meloxicam or melatonin alone...
- From phenothiazine to 3-phenyl-1,4-benzothiazine derivatives as inhibitors of the Staphylococcus aureus NorA multidrug efflux pump
Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Universita di Perugia, 06123 Perugia, Italy
J Med Chem 51:4321-30. 2008
..Compounds 6k and 7j displayed good activity against SA-1199B, a strain that also overexpresses norA, in an ethidium bromide (EtBr) efflux inhibition assay...
- Effect of steroidal and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in combination with long-acting oxytetracycline on non-specific immunity of calves suffering from enzootic bronchopneumonia
Department of Cattle and Sheep Diseases, National Veterinary Research Institute, Partyzantow 57, 24 100, Pulawy, Poland
Vet Microbiol 96:53-67. 2003
..These results suggest that the combination of meloxicam with an antibiotic in calves suffering from enzootic bronchopneumonia is superior to the antibiotic alone and also to the combination of the antibiotic with flumethasone...
- Evaluation of the influence of meloxicam and flunixin meglumine on the apoptosis of peripheral blood CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in calves
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Warmia and Mazury, Oczapowskiego 13, 10 718 Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 13:3-12. 2010
..Our results indicate that the use of meloxicam or flunixin in accordance with the recommended dosage regimen in cattle do not have a clinically significant influence on apoptosis of peripheral blood T cells...
- Comparison of the immunosuppressive effects of dexamethasone, flunixin meglumine and meloxicam on the in vitro response of calf peripheral blood mononuclear cells
School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori 034 8628, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 73:957-60. 2011
..These findings are important for assessing the indications and complications of NSAIDs in calves...
- Enantiomers of 8-(3-tert-butylamino-2-hydroxypropoxy)-3,4-dihydro-3-oxo-2H- (1,4)benzothiazine: racemic resolution, chiral synthesis and biological activity
Istituto di Chimica Farmaceutica e Technica Farmaceutica, Universita di Perugia, Italy
Farmaco 45:1299-307. 1990
..Compound 1, while confirming the potent beta-blocking activity, displayed a modest enantio-selectivity towards beta 1- and beta 2-adrenoceptors. All the compounds displayed no activity as alpha-adrenoceptor blockers...
- Disposition of sodium salicylate, flunixin and meloxicam after intravenous administration in broiler chickens
Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 25:449-53. 2002
..Total body clearance was 70 mL/h.kg for sodium salicylate and 10 and 25 mL/kg.h for FLU and MEL, respectively. Based on the pharmacokinetic parameters these NSAIDs may offer possibilities for treatment of various conditions in chickens...
- Analgesic effects of intramuscular administration of meloxicam in Hispaniolan parrots (Amazona ventralis) with experimentally induced arthritis
Gretchen A Cole
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Am J Vet Res 70:1471-6. 2009
..CONCLUSIONS AND CLINICAL RELEVANCE-Meloxicam administered at 1.0 mg/kg, IM, every 12 hours effectively relieved arthritic pain in parrots...
- VUF-K-8788, a periphery-selective histamine H1 antagonist with anti-pruritic activities
Tokyo Research Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Division, Kowa Company, Ltd, Higashi murayama, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 86:55-64. 2001
..These results suggested that VUF-K-8788 would be useful in the treatment of allergic disorders such as atopic dermatitis and eczema...
- The impact of meloxicam on postsurgical stress associated with cautery dehorning
Department of Population Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Dairy Sci 92:540-7. 2009
..1 vs. control: 4 +/- 0.2) were greater in the control group compared with the meloxicam group. These results indicate that meloxicam reduced the physiological stress response to dehorning...
- Spectrophotometric and fluorimetric methods for the determination of meloxicam in dosage forms
Ekram M Hassan
Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry Department, College of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, El Messalah 21521, Alexandria, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 27:771-7. 2002
..The proposed methods were successfully applied to the assay of meloxicam in tablets and suppositories. The procedures were rapid, simple and suitable for quality control applications...
- Determination of meloxicam in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations
N H Zawilla
National Organisation of Drug Control and Research, Cairo, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:1135-44. 2003
..The coloured product exhibits an absorption maximum at 455 nm, over concentration range 40-160 microg x ml(-1) with mean percentage accuracy 100.53+/-1.04...
- Effects of local anesthetic and a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug on pain responses of dairy calves to hot-iron dehorning
AgResearch Ltd, Private Bag 3123, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand
J Dairy Sci 92:1512-9. 2009
..In addition, this study demonstrated that the combination of LA and NSAID mitigated the onset of pain responses when the LA wanes...
- Population pharmacokinetic modelling and simulation of single and multiple dose administration of meloxicam in cats
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy, Freie Universitaet Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 33:277-86. 2010
..Simulations showed that the median trough steady-state concentrations of 228 ng/mL were reached after five, one or 6 days following a single initial dose of 0.05, 0.1 and 0.2 mg/kg each followed by 0.05 mg/kg/day...
- Meloxicam: a reappraisal of pharmacokinetics, efficacy and safety
Brian J Gates
College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6534, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 6:2117-40. 2005
..The pharmacokinetics of meloxicam enables once daily application, which increases compliance compared with some shorter acting NSAIDs; however, long-term clinical data clearly demonstrating safety and efficacy advantages are lacking...
- The pharmacokinetics of meloxicam in vultures
Department of Paraclinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 31:128-34. 2008
..This confirms the safety of repeated exposure to meloxicam in vultures of this genus...
- LC determination and pharmacokinetics of meloxicam
Synchron Research Services Pvt Ltd, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway, Bodakdev, 380 054, Ahmedabad, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 28:999-1004. 2002
..The method was simple, specific, precise and accurate. The method was also used for the bioequivalence study of meloxicam formulation in healthy, human, Indian, male volunteers...
- Method development and validation for the analysis of meloxicam in tablets by CZE
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Hacettepe, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
J Pharm Biomed Anal 31:393-400. 2003
..The relative standard deviation of 7 replicate analyses for each sample was less than 0.66%. The results were compared with a spectrophotometric method reported in literature and no significant difference was found statistically...
- Comparative plasma pharmacokinetics of meloxicam in sheep and goats following intravenous administration
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar 243 122 U P India
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 145:528-32. 2007
..23 microg h mL(-1) and 0.03+/-0.01 L h(-1) kg(-1). The results indicate that elimination kinetics of meloxicam differ significantly between sheep and goats and the elimination of the drug tends to be faster in goats compared to sheep...
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic relationships and dose response to meloxicam in horses with induced arthritis in the right carpal joint
Pierre Louis Toutain
UMR 181 Physiopathologie et Toxicologie Experimentales, INRA ENVT, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, 23 Chemin des Capelles, 31076 Toulouse, France
Am J Vet Res 65:1533-41. 2004
..To determine pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PK-PD) relationships and dose effects for meloxicam in horses and to propose a suitable dosage for use in clinical studies...
- Incretin release from gut is acutely enhanced by sugar but not by sweeteners in vivo
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E473-9. 2009
..Collectively, our findings do not support the concept that release of incretins from enteroendocrine cells is triggered by carbohydrates via a pathway identical to the sensation of "sweet taste" in the tongue...
- Risk of serious upper gastrointestinal and cardiovascular thromboembolic complications with meloxicam
Divisions of Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Am J Med 117:100-6. 2004
..To assess the risk of serious gastrointestinal and thromboembolic complications with approved doses of meloxicam...
- Pharmacokinetics of meloxicam in plasma and urine of horses
Pierre Louis Toutain
UMR 181 Physiopathologie et Toxicologie Experimentales, INRA ENVT, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, 23 Chemin des Capelles, 31076 Toulouse, France
Am J Vet Res 65:1542-7. 2004
..To determine pharmacokinetic parameters for meloxicam, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, in horses...
- Pharmacokinetics of intravenous and oral meloxicam in ruminant calves
Johann F Coetzee
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Vet Ther 10:E1-8. 2009
..00 (range, 0.64 to 1.66). These findings indicate that oral meloxicam administration might be an effective and convenient means of providing long-lasting analgesia to ruminant calves...
- Method development and validation for the simultaneous determination of meloxicam and pridinol mesylate using RP-HPLC and its application in drug formulations
Silvana E Vignaduzzo
Area Análisis de Medicamentos, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha 531, Rosario S2002LRK, Argentina
J Pharm Biomed Anal 46:219-25. 2008
..7 and 1.1 mg l(-1), for meloxicam and pridinol, respectively. The applicability of the method was demonstrated by determining the drug content of two commercial pharmaceutical formulations, where it exhibited good performance...
- Corticolimbic transcriptome changes are state-dependent and region-specific in a rodent model of depression and of antidepressant reversal
U930 FRE CNRS 2448, INSERM and Université François Rabelais, Tours, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:1363-80. 2009
..Correlations between UCMS, drug treatments, and gene expression suggest distinct AMY neuronal and oligodendrocyte molecular phenotypes as candidate systems for mood regulation and therapeutic interventions...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of meloxicam. A cyclo-oxygenase-2 preferential nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
N M Davies
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, College of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 36:115-26. 1999
..Drug-drug interaction studies are available for some commonly co-prescribed medications. Concentration-dependent therapeutic and toxicological effects have yet to be extensively elucidated for this NSAID...
- Comparison of analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity of meloxicam gel with diclofenac and piroxicam gels in animal models: pharmacokinetic parameters after topical application
S K Gupta
Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India 110 029
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 15:105-11. 2002
..The results indicate that topical preparation of meloxicam could be an effective alternative to diclofenac and piroxicam gels in inflammatory conditions and its associated pain with the possibility of less systemic side-effects...
- Role of neonicotinyl insecticides in Washington apple integrated pest management. Part I. Control of lepidopteran pests
J F Brunner
Department of Entomology, Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center, Washington State University, 1100 N Western Ave, Wenatchee, Washington, USA
J Insect Sci 5:14. 2005
..The advantages and disadvantages of the neonicotinyl insecticides as replacements for the organophosphate insecticides and their role in a pest management system for Washington apple orchards are discussed...
- Photodynamic therapy of naturally occurring tumors in animals using a novel benzophenothiazine photosensitizer
A E Frimberger
The Harrington Oncology Program, Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, Massachusetts 01536, USA
Clin Cancer Res 4:2207-18. 1998
..5 days) without residual photosensitization. EtNBS-PDT is safe for dogs and cats and has activity against selected naturally occurring tumors, with an overall objective response rate (partial response + CR) of 61.5%...
- Analgesic comparison of meloxicam or ketoprofen for orthopedic surgery in dogs
Aymeric J Deneuche
Sections of Surgery and Anesthesia, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire d Alfort, 7 Avenue du Gle De Gaulle, 94704 Maisons Alfort cedex, France
Vet Surg 33:650-60. 2004
..To compare the safety and efficacy of 2 analgesic protocols (preoperative meloxicam or intraoperative ketoprofen administration) during the first 24 hours after orthopedic surgery in dogs...
- ITZ-1, a client-selective Hsp90 inhibitor, efficiently induces heat shock factor 1 activation
Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Pharmaceutical, Osaka, Japan
Chem Biol 17:18-27. 2010
..These results may explain ITZ-1's inhibition of MMP-13 production, its cytoprotective effect, and its lower cytotoxicity. These results suggest that ITZ-1 is a client-selective Hsp90 inhibitor...
- Effects of meloxicam on platelet function in healthy adults: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
Henry M Rinder
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8035, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 42:881-6. 2002
..In this study of healthy subjects, meloxicam did not interfere with platelet-mediated hemostasis...
- Evaluation of intravenous administration of meloxicam for perioperative pain management following stifle joint surgery in dogs
Steven C Budsberg
Department of Small Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens 30602, USA
Am J Vet Res 63:1557-63. 2002
..To compare preoperative administration of meloxicam and butorphanol to perioperative administration of butorphanol alone for control of postoperative signs of pain in dogs...
- A pharmacokinetic comparison of meloxicam and ketoprofen following oral administration to healthy dogs
Area de Farmacologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Res Commun 28:415-28. 2004
..13 +/- 2.15 h, AUCinf = 15.41 +/- 1.24 microg.h/ml, Vd/F = 0.23 +/- 0.03 L/ kg, and Cl/F = 10 +/- 1.4 ml/(kg.h). Our results indicate significant pharmacokinetic differences between MLX and KTP after therapeutic doses...
- Clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in four European hospitals are uniformly susceptible to benzothiazinones
Maria Rosalia Pasca
University of Pavia, Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Via Ferrata 1, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:1616-8. 2010
..All 240 strains were susceptible, thus establishing the baseline prior to the introduction of BTZ043 in clinical trials...
- Behavioural effects of ovariohysterectomy and oral administration of meloxicam in laboratory housed rabbits
Matthew C Leach
Comparative Biology Centre, Medical School, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Res Vet Sci 87:336-47. 2009
..5mg/kg/day) induced some degree of analgesia. However, higher doses of meloxicam or in combination with an opioid may be required to provide consistent analgesia in rabbits following soft-tissue surgery...
- Long-term effects of meloxicam in the treatment of respiratory disease in fattening cattle
G M Friton
Corporate Marketing, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health, D 55216 Ingelheim am Rhein, Germany
Vet Rec 156:809-11. 2005
..In the animals with lung lesions, significantly less lung tissue was affected in those that had been treated with meloxicam...
- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs: a review
Stephen L Curry
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery and the Comparative Orthopaedic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 41:298-309. 2005
- Pre-emptive meloxicam for postoperative analgesia in piglets undergoing surgical castration
CTPA, Ploufragan, France
Vet Anaesth Analg 37:367-74. 2010
..To investigate the effect of preoperative meloxicam administration on postoperative stress and pain induced by surgical castration in piglets...
- Biological and structural characterization of the Mycobacterium smegmatis nitroreductase NfnB, and its role in benzothiazinone resistance
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia, Universita degli Studi di Pavia, Via Ferrata, 1, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Mol Microbiol 77:1172-85. 2010
..Although Mycobacterium tuberculosis seems to lack nitroreductases able to inactivate these drugs, our findings are valuable for the design of new BTZ molecules, which may be more effective in vivo...
- Pharmacokinetics of oral gabapentin alone or co-administered with meloxicam in ruminant beef calves
Johann F Coetzee
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506 5601, USA
Vet J 190:98-102. 2011
..2μg/mL for up to 48h. The pharmacokinetic profile of oral gabapentin and meloxicam supported clinical evaluation of these compounds for management of neuropathic pain in cattle...
- Etodolac inhibits EBER expression and induces Bcl-2-regulated apoptosis in Burkitt's lymphoma cells
Department of Internal Medicine III, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Eur J Haematol 75:212-20. 2005
..Moreover, racemate of etodolac more effectively induced apoptosis than R- and/or S-etodolac. Therefore, these activities of etodolac potentially extend to the treatment of patients with Burkitt's lymphoma resistant to chemotherapy...
- Pharmacokinetics of meloxicam in adult goats and its analgesic effect in disbudded kids
Division of Pathology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 34:64-9. 2011
..Plasma cortisol and glucose concentrations did not differ between the two groups...
- Endocrine, metabolic and clinical effects of intravenous endotoxin injection after pre-treatment with meloxicam in heifers
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Centre for Reproductive Biology in Uppsala, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 49:408-14. 2002
..M had no effect on PGF2alpha metabolism. In conclusion, M effectively suppresses several of the inflammatory reactions seen after ET injections and has no major influence on the PGF2alpha metabolism...
- BTZO-1, a cardioprotective agent, reveals that macrophage migration inhibitory factor regulates ARE-mediated gene expression
Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, 17 85, Jusohonmachi 2 chome, Yodogawa ku, Osaka 532 8686, Japan
Chem Biol 17:1282-94. 2010
..These results suggest that BTZO-1 activates the GST Ya gene ARE by interacting with MIF...
- Extralabel use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in cattle
Geof W Smith
Food Animal Residue Avoidance Databank, Department of Population Health and Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 232:697-701. 2008
- Effects of neonicotinoid insecticides on the bionomics of twospotted spider mite (Acari: Tetranychidae)
Institute of Plant Diseases and Plant Protection, Hannover University, Herrenhaeuser Str 2, D 30419 Hanover, Germany
J Econ Entomol 97:1587-94. 2004
..urticae. These findings are discussed with regard to previous laboratory and field observations of imidacloprid-induced fertility increases in T. urticae...
- Investigation on the clinical efficacy and safety of meloxicam (Metacam) in the treatment of non-infectious locomotor disorders in pigs
Gabriele M Friton
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health GmbH, Corporate Marketing, Ingelheim am Rhein, Germany
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 116:421-6. 2003
..It is concluded that intramuscular injection of meloxicam (Metacam) at a dosage of 0.4 mg/kg is efficacious and safe for the treatment of non-infectious locomotor disorders in pigs...
- Sweet taste receptors in rat small intestine stimulate glucose absorption through apical GLUT2
Oliver J Mace
Department of Biology Area 3, University of York, York YO10 5YW, UK
J Physiol 582:379-92. 2007
- The effect of meloxicam, a selective COX-2 inhibitor, on the microvasculature of small metastatic liver tumors in rats
Department of Surgical Oncology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 37:673-8. 2007
..In this study, we investigated the tumor vessels of small metastatic liver tumors in rats and the effect of meloxicam, a selective COX-2 inhibitor, on their growth and microvasculature...
- The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs protect mouse cochlea against acoustic injury
Department of Otolaryngology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 216:53-9. 2008
..In contrast, COX-2 inhibitors, meloxicam, SC58125, and CAY10404, showed no noticeable effects on the ABR threshold shifts. These findings suggest that COX-1 and LOX are involved in the pathogenesis of acoustic injury in cochlea...
- In vitro studies of a degradable device for controlled-release of meloxicam
Emel O Cetin
Department of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, School of Pharmacy, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
J Clin Periodontol 32:773-7. 2005
- Synergistic anti-inflammatory interaction between meloxicam and aminoguanidine hydrochloride in carrageenan-induced acute inflammation in rats
Shailesh P Dudhgaonkar
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, U P 243 122 India
Life Sci 78:1044-8. 2006
..These results suggest that co-administration of meloxicam and aminoguanidine hydrochloride may be an alternative in clinical control of inflammation...
- No effect of ketoprofen and meloxicam on bone graft ingrowth: a bone chamber study in goats
Huub J L van der Heide
Department of Orthopedics, Orthopedic Research Laboratory, Nijmegen Medical Center, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Acta Orthop 79:548-54. 2008
..We studied the effect of two different NSAIDs on bone and tissue ingrowth in a bone chamber model in goats, using autograft, rinsed allograft, and allograft that had been rinsed and subsequently irradiated...
- Synergistic interaction between meloxicam and aminoguanidine in formalin-induced nociception in mice
Shailesh P Dudhgaonkar
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, 243122 Uttar Pradesh, India
Eur J Pain 12:321-8. 2008
- The interaction between orally administered non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and prednisolone in healthy dogs
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, The United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 69:353-63. 2007
- Renal effect of meloxicam versus ketoprofen in anaesthetized pseudo-normovolaemic piglets
Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Lyon, EA 4173, INSERM ESPRI ERI 22, Marcy l Etoile, France
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 86:55-63. 2008
..This study demonstrates the safety of meloxicam for preemptive surgical analgesia under conditions of normovolaemia. Fluid therapy appears recommended to prevent any renal dysfunction...
- The clinical pharmacology of cyclooxygenase-2-selective and dual inhibitors
Terrence P Clark
Department of Biology Research and Technology Acquisitions, Elanco Animal Health, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, 2001 West Main Street, GL14, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 36:1061-85, vii. 2006
..Until head-to-head trials in multicenter blind studies are published, comments on comparative safety and effectiveness must be reserved...
- Extent of renal effect of cyclo-oxygenase-2-selective inhibitors is pharmacokinetic dependent
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 33:917-24. 2006
..The relatively higher distribution into the kidneys of rofecoxib and celecoxib compared with meloxicam suggests involvement of direct drug exposure in the kidneys in the adverse renal effect...
- Premedication with cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor meloxicam reduced postoperative pain in patients after oral surgery
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tokai University Hachioji Hospital, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35:613-7. 2006
..01). Total analgesic consumption was significantly lower in groups A and B than in group C (P<0.02). The COX-2 inhibitor, meloxicam 10 mg used for premedication reduced postoperative pain compared with control in oral surgery...
- Safety of meloxicam in aspirin-hypersensitive patients with asthma and/or nasal polyps. A challenge-proven study
Department of Allergic Diseases, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 142:64-9. 2007
..Therefore, a new class of drugs with COX-2 selectivity may be well tolerated by patients with ASA/NSAIDs hypersensitivity...
- Selective COX-2 inhibitor reduces bone healing in bone defects
Bruno César de Vasconcelos Gurgel
Division of Periodontics, Department of Prosthodontics and Periodontics, School of Dentistry at Piracicaba, State University of Campinas
Braz Oral Res 19:312-6. 2005
..75%, against group D, 52.25 +/- 17.25%). Within the limits of the present study, it can be concluded that selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors may reduce bone healing in calvarial defects in rats after continuous administration...
- The effects of a COX-2 inhibitor meloxicam on squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus in vivo
Jun Feng Liu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Fourth Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
Int J Cancer 122:1639-44. 2008
..We conclude that meloxicam induces apoptosis in SCC of the esophagus in vivo by inhibiting the pathway of NF-kappaB downstream regulation of COX-2...
- Preparation and evaluation of solid dispersion of meloxicam with skimmed milk
Sengodan Gurusamy Vijaya Kumar
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guru Jambheshwar University, Haryana, India
Yakugaku Zasshi 126:93-7. 2006
..Differential scanning calorimetry, X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscopic analysis revealed the formation of solid dispersion of the drug with skimmed milk...
- Safety of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors and a basic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) in Japanese patients with NSAID-induced urticaria and/or angioedema: Comparison of meloxicam, etodolac and tiaramide
Department of Dermatology, Yokohama City University Hospital, Fukuura, Yokohama, Japan
J Dermatol 34:172-7. 2007
..Furthermore, meloxicam seems to be better tolerated than etodolac between two selective COX-2 inhibitors...
- Sulindac induces specific degradation of the HPV oncoprotein E7 and causes growth arrest and apoptosis in cervical carcinoma cells
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Forschungsschwerpunkt Angewandte Tumorvirologie, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Lett 245:103-11. 2007
..These results support the notion that sulindac is a potent growth inhibitor and inducer of apoptosis on cervical cancer cells in vitro and may offer new perspectives as a chemopreventive or supplementary anti-cervical cancer drug...
- Tolerability to nabumetone and meloxicam in patients with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug intolerance
Allergy Service, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:960-4. 2007
..Because nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) intolerance depends on COX-1 inhibition, preferential or selective COX-2 inhibitors have been thought to be well tolerated by these patients...
- Effects of an ophthalmic formulation of meloxicam on COX-2 expression, PGE2 release, and cytokine expression in a model of acute ocular inflammation
Sección Externa de Toxicología, CINVESTAV, Av IPN 2508, San Pedro Zacatenco, Mexico DF, 07360, Mexico
Br J Ophthalmol 92:120-5. 2008
..To determine the efficacy of meloxicam ophthalmic formulation on COX-2 activity and expression, inflammation-related cytokines expression and inflammation in an ocular inflammation model...
- Long-term safety, efficacy and palatability of oral meloxicam at 0.01-0.03 mg/kg for treatment of osteoarthritic pain in cats
Marcus N Gunew
The Cat Clinic Mt Gravatt, Mt Gravatt, QLD, Australia
J Feline Med Surg 10:235-41. 2008
..The results of this study showed oral meloxicam to be safe and palatable long-term treatment for osteoarthritis in cats when given with food at a dose of 0.01-0.03 mg/kg...
- Comparison of intramuscular and oral meloxicam in rheumatoid arthritis patients
, H pital Lapeyronie 371, Montpellier, France
Inflamm Res 50:S10-6. 2001
..CONCLUSION: Oral and im meloxicam (15 mg) were both effective and well-tolerated for acute exacerbations of RA. The im formulation had some advantages, such as a faster onset of action...
- Anti-inflammatory effect and low ulcerogenic activity of etodolac, a cyclooxygenase-2 selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, on adjuvant-induced arthritis in rats
Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, Kyoto, Japan
Pharmacology 68:96-104. 2003
- Comparison of the incidence rates of selected gastrointestinal events reported for patients prescribed rofecoxib and meloxicam in general practice in England using prescription-event monitoring data
Drug Safety Research Unit, Bursledon Hall, Blundell Lane, Southampton, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:622-31. 2003
- Do selective cyclo-oxygenase inhibitors eliminate the adverse events associated with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug therapy?
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Erasme, Route de Lennik 808, Brussels 1070, Belgium
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:S29-33. 2002
..Finally, case reports and the results of animal experiments suggest that COX-2 inhibitors may adversely affect ovulation and cause a tendency towards prothrombotic events...
- Review article: NSAIDs, gastroprotection and cyclo-oxygenase-II-selective inhibitors
National Prescribing Centre, Liverpool, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:321-32. 2003
..The gastrointestinal safety of meloxicam and etodolac has not been adequately assessed in such trials. Therefore, evidence for their use instead of non-selective NSAIDs, or instead of celecoxib or rofecoxib, is not robust...
- Prophylaxis of heterotopic ossification after total hip arthroplasty: a prospective randomized study comparing indomethacin and meloxicam
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, König Ludwig Haus, Julius Maximilians University, DE 97074 Würzburg, Germany
Acta Orthop Scand 73:611-4. 2002
- Modulation of cell recruitment by anti-inflammatory agents in antigen-induced arthritis
M J Lopez-Armada
Inflammation Research Unit, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 61:1027-30. 2002
..To study the effect of meloxicam (MXC) and diclofenac (DCF) on the recruitment of leucocytes during acute experimental arthritis...
- A comparison of the effects of nabumetone vs meloxicam on serum thromboxane B2 and platelet function in healthy volunteers
D J W van Kraaij
Department of Cardiology, Academic Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:644-7. 2002
..To compare the effects of nabumetone and meloxicam, two cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) preferential nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), on platelet COX-1 activity and platelet function...
- High response rate in the phase I/II study of meloxicam in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic, Am Allgemeinen Krankenhaus Eilbek, Hamburg, Germany
J Rheumatol 29:1079-83. 2002
..In this 12 week Phase I/II study, with an additional open extension lasting up to 52 weeks, the safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetics of meloxicam in JRA were investigated...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibition: between the devil and the deep blue sea
C J Hawkey
Queen s Medical Centre, University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Gut 50:III25-30. 2002
..Between them, aspirin and non-aspirin NSAIDs may account for more than half of all episodes of ulcer bleeding and perforation...
- New cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors for treatment of experimental autoimmune neuritis
Department of Immunology, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
Muscle Nerve 25:280-2. 2002
..These findings suggest that the new COX-2 inhibitors may be useful as additional therapeutic agents for patients with Guillain-Barré syndrome and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs prevent early diabetic retinopathy via TNF-alpha suppression
Antonia M Joussen
Retina Research Laboratory, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
FASEB J 16:438-40. 2002
..Taken together, these data identify COX-2 and TNF-alpha as operative in the early signature pathologies of diabetic retinopathy, a newly recognized inflammatory disease...
- Acute gastrointestinal permeability responses to different non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Small Intestinal Section, Clinical Service, C Bonorino Udaondo Gastroenterology Hospital, Del Salvador University, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Gut 49:650-5. 2001
..However, most produced significant alteration of small intestinal permeability. In contrast, our results suggest that celecoxib seems to exhibit the most desirable gastrointestinal side effect profile...
- Efficacy assessment of meloxicam, a preferential cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, in acute coronary syndromes without ST-segment elevation: the Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs in Unstable Angina Treatment-2 (NUT-2) pilot study
Centro de Trombosis de Buenos Aires, Catedra de Magister en Trombosis, Facultad de Medicina de Tucuman, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Circulation 106:191-5. 2002
- Classic NSAID and selective cyclooxygenase (COX)-1 and COX-2 inhibitors in healing of chronic gastric ulcers
Department of Physiology Jagellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Microsc Res Tech 53:343-53. 2001
- Meloxicam oral suspension: a treatment alternative to solid meloxicam formulations
Department of Clinical Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Biberach/Riss, Germany
Inflamm Res 50:S35-7. 2001
..The oral suspension was well accepted by the patients. Hence, the oral suspension provides a useful alternative to solid formulations in the treatment of inflammatory joint diseases and painful musculoskeletal disorders...