Genomes and Genes
Summary: A phenothiazine used in the treatment of PSYCHOSES. Its properties and uses are generally similar to those of CHLORPROMAZINE.
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- Mechanism of C2-toxin inhibition by fluphenazine and related compounds: investigation of their binding kinetics to the C2II-channel using the current noise analysisChristoph Bachmeyer
CNR ITC Istituto di Biofisica Sezione di Trento, Via Sommarive 18, I 38050, Povo, Italy
J Mol Biol 333:527-40. 2003..The C2II-channel is cation selective and contains a binding site for fluphenazine and structurally related compounds...
- Resveratrol reduces vacuous chewing movements induced by acute treatment with fluphenazineAlcindo Busanello
Programa de Pos Graduacao em Bioquimica Toxicologica, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 101:307-10. 2012..in red grapes and red wine, in an animal model of orofacial dyskinesia (OD) induced by acute treatment with fluphenazine. Adult male rats were treated during 3 weeks with fluphenazine enantate (25 mg/kg, i.m...
- Interaction of chlorpromazine, fluphenazine and trifluoperazine with ocular and synthetic melanin in vitroE Buszman
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Silesia, Sosnowiec, Poland
Pharmazie 63:372-6. 2008..of this study was to examine in vitro the binding capacity of three phenothiazine derivatives--chlorpromazine, fluphenazine and trifluoperazine--causing adverse effects in the eye structures, to natural melanin isolated from pig eyes ..
- Methylphenidate and fluphenazine, but not amphetamine, differentially affect impulsive choice in spontaneously hypertensive, Wistar-Kyoto and Sprague-Dawley ratsThomas E Wooters
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, 40536, USA
Brain Res 1396:45-53. 2011..0-10 mg/kg) were then determined; in addition, the effect of the dopamine receptor antagonist fluphenazine (0.1-1.0 mg/kg) was also assessed for comparison with the indirect agonists...
- In vitro and in vivo antimicrobial action of fluphenazineS G Dastidar
Dept of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India
J Chemother 7:201-6. 1995The antipsychotic drug fluphenazine was obtained in a dry powder form and was screened with respect to 482 strains of bacteria, which included 170 Gram-positive and 326 Gram-negative strains...
- Antifertility effects of fluphenazine in adult male ratsM K Gill-Sharma
Department of Neuroendocrinology, National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health ICMR, Parel, Mumbai, India
J Endocrinol Invest 26:316-26. 2003..Hyperprolactinemia is a known side-effect of fluphenazine, a broad spectrum, long-acting phenothiazine known to be D2 dopamine receptor antagonist...
- Thyroid function in treatment-resistant schizophrenia patients treated with quetiapine, risperidone, or fluphenazineDeanna L Kelly
Department of Psychiatry, Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:80-4. 2005..Furthermore, the need for thyroid function monitoring in patients taking this medication is not definitive...
- A randomized double-blind 12-week study of quetiapine, risperidone or fluphenazine on sexual functioning in people with schizophreniaDeanna L Kelly
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland, Box 21247, Baltimore, 21228, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 31:340-6. 2006..participated in a randomized double-blind 12-week trial of risperidone (4 mg/day), quetiapine (400 mg/day) or fluphenazine (12.5 mg/day)...
- Intracerebroventricular ethanol-induced conditioned place preferences are prevented by fluphenazine infusions into the nucleus accumbens of ratsBrendan M Walker
Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Behav Neurosci 121:401-10. 2007..b>Fluphenazine (10 or 50 microg/side), infused immediately prior to daily place conditioning trials, was found to reliably ..
- Characteristics and use patterns of patients taking first-generation depot antipsychotics or oral antipsychotics for schizophreniaLizheng Shi
Department of Health Systems Management, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Tulane University, 1440 Canal St, Suite 1900, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:482-8. 2007....
- Systemic relaxin in pregnant pony mares grazed on endophyte-infected fescue: effects of fluphenazine treatmentP L Ryan
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, NJ, USA
Theriogenology 56:471-83. 2001..The objectives of this study were to determine the effects of fescue toxicosis and fluphenazine on circulating relaxin in pregnant pony mares and evaluate the usefulness of relaxin as a monitor of treatment ..
- The antipsychotic drug, fluphenazine, effectively reverses mechanical allodynia in rat models of neuropathic painXiao Wei Dong
Department of Neurobiology, Schering Plough Research Institute, K 15 2 2600, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 195:559-68. 2008b>Fluphenazine is a potent antipsychotic drug used to treat schizophrenia and other psychotic symptoms. Its clinical benefit is mainly mediated by the antagonism of dopamine D2 receptors...
- Treatment of schizophrenia with long-acting fluphenazine, haloperidol, or risperidoneMark Olfson
Division of Clinical and Genetic Epidemiology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Schizophr Bull 33:1379-87. 2007This study compares 3 cohorts of patients with schizophrenia before, during, and after initiating treatment with fluphenazine decanoate (FD), haloperidol decanoate (HD), or long-acting injectable risperidone (LAR).
- Chronic treatment with fluphenazine alters parameters of oxidative stress in liver and kidney of ratsCristiane L Dalla Corte
Federal University of Santa Maria, Center of Exacts and Natural Sciences, Chemistry Department, Graduation Program of Toxicological Biochemistry, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 105:51-7. 2009The aim of this study was to assess the toxic effects of chronic exposure to fluphenazine in liver and kidney of rats, as well as the possible protective effect of diphenyl diselenide on the fluphenazine-induced damage...
- Risperidone, quetiapine, and fluphenazine in the treatment of patients with therapy-refractory schizophreniaRobert R Conley
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, Treatment Research Unit, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21228, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 28:163-8. 2005..12-week, double-blind study evaluated the effectiveness of risperidone (4 mg/day), quetiapine (400 mg/day), or fluphenazine (12.5 mg/day) in a stringently defined treatment-resistant population of people with schizophrenia...
- Fluphenazine levels during maintenance treatment of recent-onset schizophrenia: relation to side effects, psychosocial function and depressionM J Gitlin
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California at Los Angeles, 90095 6968, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 148:350-4. 2000The utility of fluphenazine levels during maintenance treatment of schizophrenia is still unclear.
- Spectrofluorometric determination of olanzapine and fluphenazine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical preparations and human plasma using eosin: application to stability studiesFathalla Belal
University of Mansoura, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Analytical Chemistry, 35516 Mansoura, Egypt
J AOAC Int 91:1309-17. 2008..and sensitive spectrofluorometric method has been developed for the determination of olanzapine (OLZ) and fluphenazine hydrochloride (FPZ HCI)...
- Fluphenazine plasma level monitoring for patients receiving fluphenazine decanoateS R Marder
VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care System, West Los Angeles Health Center and the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Schizophr Res 53:25-30. 2002..With this in mind, we evaluated the usefulness of monitoring fluphenazine plasma levels for patients with schizophrenia who were receiving maintenance treatment with fluphenazine ..
- Clinical outcome following neuroleptic discontinuation in patients with remitted recent-onset schizophreniaM Gitlin
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, 90095, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:1835-42. 2001..patients with recent-onset schizophrenia who had been clinically stabilized on a maintenance regimen of fluphenazine decanoate for a mean of 16.7 months had their antipsychotic medications withdrawn under clinical supervision...
- Identification of P-glycoprotein substrates and inhibitors among psychoactive compounds--implications for pharmacokinetics of selected substratesAmal Abou El Ela
Institute of Pharmacy, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Mainz, Germany
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:967-75. 2004..study, the psychoactive compounds perphenazine, flupentixol, domperidone, desmethyl clozapine, haloperidol, fluphenazine, fluvoxamine, olanzapine, levomepromazine, perazine, desmethyl perazine, clozapine, quetiapine and amisulpride ..
- Clozapine as a first treatment for schizophreniaMargaret G Woerner
Department of Psychiatry, Zucker Hillside Hospital of the North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:1514-6. 2003..The authors' goal was to explore whether clozapine given as the first antipsychotic treatment favorably affects the course of schizophrenia...
- Time to discontinuation of depot and oral first-generation antipsychotics in the usual care of schizophreniaBaojin Zhu
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center Drop 4133, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:315-7. 2008..This study compared the time to discontinuation for any reason of first-generation antipsychotics--in oral versus depot formulation--in the usual care of schizophrenia...
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome presenting with acute renal failureHarpreet S Duggal
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1074-5. 2008
- Long-acting injectable risperidone: safety and efficacy in stable patients switched from conventional depot antipsychoticsMartin Turner
The Larkfield Centre, Glasgow, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 19:241-9. 2004..Participants in this open-label, multicentre, 12-week trial had received flupenthixol decanoate, fluphenazine decanoate, haloperidol decanoate, or zuclopenthixol decanoate for 4 months or longer...
- Clozapine and tardive dyskinesiaDel D Miller
Am J Psychiatry 160:588. 2003
- Efficacy and tolerability of quetiapine in poorly responsive, chronic schizophreniaPeter F Buckley
Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior Medical College of Georgia, 1515 Pope Avenue, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Schizophr Res 66:143-50. 2004..of quetiapine and haloperidol in patients with schizophrenia who showed no response to treatment with fluphenazine. This study is a post hoc subanalysis of an 8-week, double-blind study of patients receiving quetiapine 600 mg/..
- Race, family interactions, and patient stabilization in schizophreniaIrwin S Rosenfarb
California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant International University, San Diego, CA 92131, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 113:109-15. 2004..Findings suggest that family relationships may play in important role in determining whether patients stabilize after an acute episode. Results also point to the importance of cultural factors in predicting patient stabilization...
- Augmentation of clozapine partial responders with conventional antipsychoticsRajaprabhakaran Rajarethinam
Schizophr Res 60:97-8. 2003
- The effect of age on the pharmacological management of ambulatory patients treated with depot neuroleptic medications for schizophrenia and related psychotic disordersDavid C Mamo
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Canada
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:1012-7. 2002..It has been suggested, therefore, that older patients with schizophrenia could be maintained on reduced doses of conventional neuroleptics...
- Performance of diadochokinetic movements in schizophrenic patientsAlbert Putzhammer
Movement Disorders Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Schizophr Res 79:271-80. 2005..performance of a diadochokinetic hand movement in 20 drug-naïve, 20 conventionally treated (haloperidol or fluphenazine), and 20 atypically treated (olanzapine) patients, as well as in 20 healthy controls using a three-dimensional ..
- Sexual side effects of novel antipsychotic medicationsDonna A Wirshing
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA School of Medicine and VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Schizophr Res 56:25-30. 2002..The novel antipsychotic medications offer a more favorable extrapyramidal side effect profile than conventional agents. It is uncertain that the novel antipsychotics have a benefit in terms of sexual side effects...
- Disturbed glucose metabolism among patients taking olanzapine and typical antipsychoticsBoadie W Dunlop
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 37:99-117. 2003..The four typical antipsychotics were haloperidol, fluphenazine, chlorpromazine, and perphenazine.Random plasma glucose values collected over the 4...
- Double-blind, randomized comparison of olanzapine versus fluphenazine in the long-term treatment of schizophreniaMartin R K Dossenbach
Lilly Area Medical Center, Eli Lilly, Barichgasse 40 42, Vienna A 1030, Austria
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 28:311-8. 2004This study was undertaken to evaluate the efficacy and safety of olanzapine compared with fluphenazine in the treatment of patients who met the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, fourth edition (DSM-IV) diagnostic criteria for ..
- The therapeutic alliance and family psychoeducation in the treatment of schizophrenia: an exploratory prospective change process studyPhyllis E Smerud
California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant International University, San Diego, CA 92131, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:505-10. 2008..PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2008 APA, all rights reserved)...
- Atypical (olanzapine) plus conventional (fluphenazine) neuroleptic treatment associated with the neuroleptic malignant syndromeIan T Tofler
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:672-4. 2003
- Rehospitalization risk with second-generation and depot antipsychoticsRobert R Conley
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21228, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 15:23-31. 2003..were compared with those discharged from the two largest state facilities during the same time period on fluphenazine decanoate (N = 59) or haloperidol decanoate (N = 59)...
- Reward system activation in schizophrenic patients switched from typical neuroleptics to olanzapineFlorian Schlagenhauf
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medical Center, Campus Charite Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 196:673-84. 2008..This may not be the case with newer neuroleptics such as olanzapine, which show less dopamine D2 receptor blockade and a faster off-rate from the receptor...
- Repeated antipsychotic drug exposure in developing rats: dopamine receptor effectsTaylor Moran-Gates
Mailman Research Center, McLean Division of Massachusetts General Hospital, Belmont 02478 9106, and Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Synapse 59:92-100. 2006..forebrain regions of juvenile rats were quantified after 3 weeks of daily treatment with representative first- (fluphenazine) and second-generation (clozapine and olanzapine) antipsychotics, and compared with similarly treated adult ..
- Importance of oral glucose tolerance test in patient with schizophreniaBranimir Margetic
Neuropsychiatric Hospital Dr Ivan Barbot 44317, Popovaca, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 17:94-6. 2005..Recommendations about when and how often clinicians should administer the test do not exist in current guidelines. Further studies are needed for the elucidation of this question...
- The effects of olanzapine and fluphenazine on plasma cortisol, prolactin and muscle rigidity in schizophrenic patients: a double blind studyM Jakovljevic
Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Hospital Center Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:399-402. 2007..cortisol and prolactin/PRL) and muscle rigidity in female schizophrenic patients treated with olanzapine or fluphenazine. In a randomized, double-blind 22-weeks study, 12 patients were treated with olanzapine (5-20 mg/day) and 10 ..
- Treatment compliance of outpatients with schizophrenia: patient's attitudes, demographic, clinical and therapeutic variablesZana Stanković
Institute of Psychiatry, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Serbia
Psychiatr Danub 20:42-52. 2008....
- In vitro phototoxicity of phenothiazines: involvement of stable UVA photolysis products formed in aqueous mediumG Miolo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Padova, Via F Marzolo 5, I 35131 Padova, Italy
Chem Res Toxicol 19:156-63. 2006..phototoxic potential of stable photoproducts formed by UVA photolysis of three phenothiazines, perphenazine, fluphenazine, and thioridazine, in a water environment. Perphenazine gave a single product due to dechlorination...
- Management of psychosis in Australian general practiceJanice Charles
AIHW Australian GP Statistics and Classification Centre, University of Sydney, New South Wales
Aust Fam Physician 35:88-9. 2006..This synopsis provides a backdrop against which the theme articles in this issue of Australian Family Physician can be further considered...
- Who receives long-acting antipsychotic medications?William M Glazer
Psychiatr Serv 58:437. 2007
- Risks versus benefits of different types of long-acting injectable antipsychoticsJoseph P McEvoy
John Umstead Hospital, 1003 12th Street, Butner, NC 27509, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:15-8. 2006..By preventing or delaying relapse, consistent treatment can improve the patient's quality of life and lead to an overall reduction in the cost of care...
- The neuroleptic drug, fluphenazine, blocks neuronal voltage-gated sodium channelsXiaoping Zhou
Department of CNS Neurobiology, Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Brain Res 1106:72-81. 2006b>Fluphenazine (Prolixin(R)) is a potent phenothiazine-based dopamine receptor antagonist, first introduced into clinical practice in the late 1950s as a novel antipsychotic...
- Insulin resistance index and counter-regulatory factors during olanzapine or risperidone administration in subjects with schizophreniaTrino Baptista
Schizophr Res 89:350-2. 2007
- Differential effects of typical and atypical antipsychotics on brain myelination in schizophreniaGeorge Bartzokis
Department of Neurology, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, United States
Schizophr Res 93:13-22. 2007..Atypical antipsychotics have been shown to have a wide spectrum of efficacy across multiple psychiatric diseases and to be particularly efficacious in treatment resistant cases of disorders such as schizophrenia...
- Second-generation antipsychotic drugs, olanzapine, quetiapine, and clozapine enhance neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells via PI3K/AKT, ERK, and pertussis toxin-sensitive pathwaysXiao hong Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
J Mol Neurosci 27:43-64. 2005..A better understanding of the mechanisms underlying the effects of the second-generation drugs might suggest new therapeutic targets for enhancement of neurite outgrowth...
- Fatal hyponatremia and other metabolic disturbances associated with psychotropic drug polypharmacyZ Vucicevic
Department of Emergency Medicine, University Department of Medicine, Sestre Milosrdnice University Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:289-92. 2007To report a case of fatal hyponatremia, marked hyperglycemia, and acute pancreatitis following simultaneous administration of paroxetine, fluphenazine, haloperidol and olanzapine.
- Series of seizures as a sign of development of recurrent malignant neuroleptic syndrome - a case reportSvjetlana Supe
Department of Neurology, Zagreb University Hospital Centre, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 18:97-101. 2006....
- [Alterations of gait parameters under external cueing in schizophrenic patients: a switch study]Albert Putzhammer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Universität Regensburg
Psychiatr Prax 31:S164-6. 2004..We conclude that conventional neuroleptic treatment impairs the regulation of gait parameters and that this effect can be reversed at slow gait velocities by external stimulation via treadmill walking...
- Glycopyrrolate for clozapine-induced sialorrheaHarpreet S Duggal
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:1546-7. 2007
- Densitometric high performance thin-layer chromatography identification and quantitative analysis of psychotropic drugsAnna Maslanka
Jagiellonian University, Collegium Medicum, Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, 9 Medyczna St, 30 688 Krakow, Poland
J AOAC Int 88:70-9. 2005..method has been developed to identify and quantify haloperidol, amitriptyline, sulpiride, promazine, fluphenazine, doxepin, diazepam, trifluoperazine, clonazepam, and chlorpromazine in selected psychotropic drugs...
- Relative risk of glucose elevation during antipsychotic exposure in a Veterans Administration populationErica Duncan
Mental Health Service, Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur GA 30033, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:1-11. 2007..These data indicate that patients with no previously observed glucose elevations develop diabetes-level hyperglycemia during antipsychotic treatment, particularly in patients receiving olanzapine...
- Fluphenazine-induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome in a schizophrenic patientAugustine S Aruna
College of Pharmacy, Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA 70125 1098, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:1131-5. 2005To report a case of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) associated with fluphenazine in a schizophrenic patient and review the literature related to this condition.
- Quantitative determination of forty-eight antidepressants and antipsychotics in human serum by HPLC tandem mass spectrometry: a multi-level, single-sample approachH Kirchherr
Medical Laboratory Bremen, Haferwende 12, D 28359 Bremen, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 843:100-13. 2006..chlorprothixene, citalopram, clomipramine, clozapine, desipramine, doxepin, fluoxetine, flupentixol, fluphenazine, fluvoxamine, haloperidol, hydroxyrisperidone, imipramine, levomepromazine, maprotiline, mianserine, ..
- Efficacy of typical and atypical antipsychotics for primary and comorbid anxiety symptoms or disorders: a reviewKeming Gao
Department of Psychiatry, the Bipolar Disorders Research Center, University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1327-40. 2006..The efficacy of antipsychotics in the treatment of primary or comorbid anxiety disorders or anxiety symptoms in major depressive disorder or bipolar disorder was reviewed...
- Polymorphism of human cytochrome P450 2D6 and its clinical significance: part IIShu Feng Zhou
School of Health Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 48:761-804. 2009..drug monitoring has been strongly recommended for many antipsychotics, including haloperidol, chlorpromazine, fluphenazine, perphenazine, risperidone and thioridazine, which are all metabolized by CYP2D6...
- Bacitracin-sensitive aminopeptidase(s) degradation of methionine(5)-enkephalin by human brain putamen and hippocampus preparations: inhibition by phenothiazine drugsAron D Mosnaim
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, The Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
Am J Ther 16:512-6. 2009..t1/2) and initial velocity (Iv) of this reaction were significantly increased and decreased, respectively, by fluphenazine > prochlorpherazine > chlorpromazine > thioridazine > promethazine > ethopropazine; brain A ..
- Atypical antipsychotics: mechanism of actionPhilip Seeman
Departments of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 47:27-38. 2002..To understand how these drugs work, it is important to examine the atypical antipsychotics' mechanism of action and how it differs from that of the more typical drugs...
- A simple and reliable procedure for the determination of psychoactive drugs in oral fluid by gas chromatography-mass spectrometryMitona Pujadas
Grup de Recerca Clínica en Farmacologia Humana i Neurociencies, Unitat de Farmacologia, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Dr Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:594-601. 2007..drugs (amitryptiline, paroxetine and sertraline), antipsychotic drugs (haloperidol, chlorpromazine and fluphenazine) chlormethiazole, loratidine, hydroxyzine, diphenhydramine, valproic acid and gabapentin...
- In vitro human plasma leucine(5)-enkephalin degradation is inhibited by a select number of drugs with the phenothiazine molecule in their chemical structureAron D Mosnaim
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Finch University of Health Sciences, Chicago Medical School, Chicago, Ill, USA
Pharmacology 67:6-13. 2003..Half-life peptide degradation was significantly increased by thioridazine > fluphenazine > As-1397 [10-(alpha-diethylaminopropionyl)phenothiazine] >/= promethazine >/= chlorpromazine (final ..
- Inverse agonist activity of atypical antipsychotic drugs at human 5-hydroxytryptamine2C receptorsK Herrick-Davis
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 295:226-32. 2000..drugs (chlorpromazine, loxapine, thioridazine, prochlorperazine, perphenazine, mesoridazine, trifluperidol, fluphenazine, spiperone, haloperidol, pimozide, penfluridol, thiothixene) were devoid of inverse agonist activity, with the ..
- Hospitalization risk associated with typical and atypical antipsychotic use in community-dwelling elderly patientsRajender R Aparasu
Department of Clinical Sciences and Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 6:198-204. 2008..However, few studies have examined the impact of typical and atypical antipsychotic use on all-cause hospitalization in the elderly population...
- The association between class of antipsychotic and rates of hospitalization: results of a retrospective analysis of data from the 2005 Medicare current beneficiary surveyJae Kennedy
Department of Health Policy and Administration, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99210 1495, USA
Clin Ther 31:2931-9. 2009..This presumably would reduce the need for hospital services. However, health research to test this hypothesis has focused mostly on psychiatric readmissions...
- Trypanosoma cruzi dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase as target for phenothiazine cationic radicals. Effect of antioxidantsJosé Gutiérrez-Correa
Instituto de Medicina Tropical Daniel A Carrión, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima, Peru
Curr Drug Targets 7:1155-79. 2006..inactivating agents, whereas trifluophenothiazines with CF3 group at 2-position (Trifluoperazine (TFP), fluphenazine (FFZ) and trifluopromazine (TFPZ)), and propericyazine (PCYZ) with CN group at 2-position, were much less ..
- Evaluation of Peakmaster for computer-aided multivariate optimisation of a CE separation of 17 antipsychotic drugs using minimal experimental dataKara F Johns
Australian Centre for Research on Separation Science, School of Chemistry, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Electrophoresis 30:839-47. 2009..of 17 antipsychotic drugs (chlorpromazine hydrochloride, clozapine, droperidol, flupenthixol dihydrochloride, fluphenazine dihydrochloride, haloperidol, pimozide, thioridazine hydrochloride, trifluoperazine dihydrochloride, ..
- Simple and simultaneous determination for 12 phenothiazines in human serum by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographyEinosuke Tanaka
Department of Legal Medicine, Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki ken 305 8575, Japan
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 854:116-20. 2007..method has been developed for the simultaneous analysis of the 12 phenothiazines (chlorpromazine, fluphenazine, levomepromazine, perazine, perphenazine, prochlorperazine, profenamine, promethazine, propericiazine, ..
- Effects of psychotropic drugs on seizure thresholdFrancesco Pisani
Department of Neurosciences and of Psychiatric and Anaesthesiological Sciences, First Neurological Clinic, The University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Drug Saf 25:91-110. 2002..tranylcypromine, fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline, venlafaxine and trazodone among antidepressants and fluphenazine, haloperidol, pimozide and risperidone among antipsychotics that exhibit a relatively low risk...
- An evaluation of protein assays for quantitative determination of drugsKatherine M Williams
Analytical Biochemistry Group, Sunderland Pharmacy School, School of Health, Natural and Social Sciences, Fleming Building, The University of Sunderland SR1 3RG, Sunderland, UK
J Biochem Biophys Methods 57:45-55. 2003..amoxicillin, ampicillin, gentamicin, neomycin, penicillin G and vancomycin), antipsychotics (chlorpromazine, fluphenazine, prochlorperazine, promazine and thioridazine) and water-soluble vitamins (ascorbic acid, niacinamide, ..
- Pharmacological options for the treatment of Tourette's disorderF J Jimenez-Jimenez
Department of Medicine Neurology, Hospital Principe de Asturias, Universidad de Alcala, Alcala De Henares Madrid, and Neuro Magister S L Company, Madrid, Spain
Drugs 61:2207-20. 2001..of atypical antipsychotic drugs (risperidone, olanzapine, clozapine, ziprasidone) and other dopaminergic drugs (fluphenazine, sulpiride, tiapride, metoclopramide, piquindone, tetrabenazine), clonazepam, calcium channel antagonists, ..
- Use and safety of antipsychotic drugs during pregnancyAdrienne Einarson
Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Canada
J Psychiatr Pract 15:183-92. 2009..prochlorperazine, haloperidol, perphenazine, trifluoperazine, loxapine, thioridazine, flupenthixol, fluphenazine) and second-generation antipsychotics (eg, clozapine, risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine, ziprasidone, ..
- Ocular hypotension induced by topical dopaminergic drugs and phosphodiesterase inhibitorsC Hariton
CIBA Vision Ophthalmics, International Ophtha R and D, Bülach, Switzerland
Eur J Pharmacol 258:85-94. 1994..Significant ocular hypotensive activity was observed after topical application of trifluperidol, fluphenazine, thiothixene, and the S(-) enantiomer of 3-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-N-n-propylpiperidine (3-PPP)...
- Effect of anti-calmodulin drugs on the growth and sensitivity of C6 rat glioma cells to bleomycinW N Hait
Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510
Anticancer Res 14:1711-21. 1994..0x), 4-chlorpromazine (3.4x), thiomethylpromazine (3.3x), didesmethylchlorpromazine (11x), fluphenazine (5.5x) and trifluoperazine (3.2x)...
- Effects of vesicular acetylcholine uptake blockers on frequency augmentation-potentiation in frog neuromuscular transmissionT Maeno
Department of Physiology, Shimane Medical University, Izumo, Japan
Neuroscience 59:487-93. 1994..2-(4-benzylpiperidino)cyclohexanol, had strong effects, while those of aminacrine, chlorpromazine, fluphenazine, imipramine, pyrilamine and thioridazine were weak...
- Inhibition of glucose transport in PC12 cells by the atypical antipsychotic drugs risperidone and clozapine, and structural analogs of clozapineT D Ardizzone
Department of Pharmacology, LSU Health Sciences Center, 1501 Kings Hwy, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Brain Res 923:82-90. 2001..Moreover, clozapine and fluphenazine inhibited glucose transport in the rat muscle cell line, L6...
- Characterisation of dopamine receptors in insect (Apis mellifera) brainI C Kokay
Department of Zoology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Brain Res 706:47-56. 1996..rank order of potency for antagonists was: R(+)-SCH23390 > cis-(Z)-flupentixol > or = chlorpromazine > fluphenazine > S(+)-butaclamol > spiperone. R(+/-)-SKF38393 and dopamine were the most effective agonists tested...
- Invertebrate compounds acting on the hemostatic mechanismC L Arocha-Pinango
Centro de Medicina Experimental, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Caracas, Venezuela
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 10:43-68. 1999..Some of these components have been well characterized, cloned and prepared in recombinant form, and seem to be very promising from the therapeutic point of view...
- Induction patterns of Fos-like immunoreactivity in the forebrain as predictors of atypical antipsychotic activityG S Robertson
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 271:1058-66. 1994..with a clearly documented liability for producing extrapyramidal side effects (EPS) such as chlorpromazine, fluphenazine, haloperidol, loxapine, metoclopramide and molindone elevated FLI in the dorsolateral striatum...
- Effects of dopamine receptor agonists and antagonists on catecholamine release in bovine chromaffin cellsP Huettl
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 257:567-74. 1991..M concentrations of the selective dopamine D2 receptor antagonists haloperidol, domperidone, metaclopramide, fluphenazine, flupentixol, (+)- or (-)-sulpiride, the dopamine D1 receptor antagonist SCH 23390 (10(-7) M) or the alpha ..
- Changes in CArG-binding protein A expression levels following injection(s) of the D1-dopamine agonist SKF-82958 in the intact and 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned ratW J Rushlow
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Western Ontario, Ontario, London, Canada
Neuroscience 98:69-78. 2000..levels in the lateral caudate-putamen of rats treated acutely and chronically with the D2 receptor antagonist fluphenazine (phenothiozine typical psychotic)...
- Susceptibilities of Candida albicans multidrug transporter mutants to various antifungal agents and other metabolic inhibitorsD Sanglard
Institut de Microbiologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:2300-5. 1996..agents (terbinafine and amorolfine) and to different metabolic inhibitors (cycloheximide, brefeldin A, and fluphenazine)...
- Phenothiazines induce apoptosis in a B16 mouse melanoma cell line and attenuate in vivo melanoma tumor growthIrit Gil-Ad
Laboratory of Biological Psychiatry, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Oncol Rep 15:107-12. 2006..The following phenothiazines were evaluated: perphenazine, fluphenazine, thioridazine trifluoperazine and chlorpromazine...
- Intramuscular preparations of antipsychotics: uses and relevance in clinical practiceA Cario Altamura
Department of Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Sciences Luigi Sacco, University of Milan, Via G B Grassi 74, Milan 20157, Italy
Drugs 63:493-512. 2003..Efficacy, pharmacodynamics and clinical pharmacokinetics of haloperidol decanoate, fluphenazine enanthate and decanoate, clopenthixol decanoate, zuclopenthixol decanoate and acutard, flupenthixol decanoate, ..
- Tourette syndrome: clinical characteristics and current management strategiesE H Kossoff
Department of Paediatrics, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Paediatr Drugs 3:355-63. 2001..Should these agents be ineffective, we would recommend pimozide, fluphenazine, risperidone or haloperidol...
- Calcineurin A of Candida albicans: involvement in antifungal tolerance, cell morphogenesis and virulenceDominique Sanglard
Institute of Microbiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, Rue du Bugnon 44, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Mol Microbiol 48:959-76. 2003..terbinafine, amorolfine) and to several other metabolic inhibitors (caffeine, brefeldin A, mycophenolic acid, fluphenazine) or cell wall-perturbing agents (SDS, calcofluor white, Congo red), thus indicating that the calcineurin ..
- Bait-delivered pimozide causes precocious embryo implantation in mink: a fertility control option for the exotic stoat?Clive A Marks
Nocturnal Wildlife Research, PO Box 2126, Wattletree Road RPO, East Malvern, VIC 3145, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 18:703-8. 2006..A bait dose of 0.8 mg kg(-1) of pimozide was more effective in elevating PRL levels than equivalent doses of fluphenazine, sulpiride (P < 0.01) or haloperidol (P < 0.05). Bait doses of 1...
- Risperidone. A pharmacoeconomic review of its use in schizophreniaR H Foster
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Pharmacoeconomics 14:97-133. 1998..and a cost-utility study that compared the drug with oral haloperidol, depot haloperidol decanoate and depot fluphenazine decanoate for 1 year's treatment of an initially hospitalised chronic schizophrenic patient with moderate ..
- New treatments for tic disordersMohammad M Qasaymeh
Child Neurology, Box 631, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Curr Treat Options Neurol 8:465-73. 2006..Thus, standard antipsychotic medications such as haloperidol, pimozide, or fluphenazine are the most potent. However, these medications commonly cause bothersome side effects...
- Modulation of emesis by fentanyl and opioid receptor antagonists in Suncus murinus (house musk shrew)J A Rudd
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T
Eur J Pharmacol 374:77-84. 1999..p.), 8-OH-DPAT, ((+/-)-8-hydroxy-dipropylaminotetralin; 0.003-0.3 mg/kg, s.c.), buspirone (3 mg/kg, s.c.) and fluphenazine (1-3 mg/kg, i.p.) but not by naltrexone (1-30 mg/kg, s.c.), metoclopramide (0.3-3 mg/kg, i.p.), sulpiride (0...
- Possible malignant neuroleptic syndrome that associated with hypothyroidismCagatay Taskapan
Department of Biochemistry, Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, 44069 Malatya, Turkey
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 29:745-8. 2005..She had been given fluphenazine decanoete 20 mg intramuscularly 15 days before the admission and she had continued taking haloperidol 20 mg ..
- Sperm protamine levels as indicators of fertilising potential in sexually mature male ratsM Aleem
Department of Urology, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH, USA
Andrologia 40:29-37. 2008We have earlier reported that administration of cyproterone acetate, fluphenazine decanoate, tamoxifen citrate, oestradiol valerate to adult male rats, at doses of 50, 5.77, 0.71, 0...
- Sequencing, disruption, and characterization of the Candida albicans sterol methyltransferase (ERG6) gene: drug susceptibility studies in erg6 mutantsK L Jensen-Pergakes
Department of Biology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, 46202 5132, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:1160-7. 1998..to a number of sterol synthesis and metabolic inhibitors, including terbinafine, tridemorph, fenpropiomorph, fluphenazine, cycloheximide, cerulenin, and brefeldin A. No increase in susceptibility to azoles was noted...
- Inhibition of cytochrome P450 enzymes participating in p-nitrophenol hydroxylation by drugs known as CYP2E1 inhibitorsKatalin Monostory
Department of Biochemical Pharmacology, Chemical Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, P O Box 17, Pusztaszeri ut 59 67, H 1025 Budapest, Hungary
Chem Biol Interact 147:331-40. 2004..bifonazole, econazole, clotrimazole, ketoconazole, miconazole; CNS-active drugs: chlorpromazine, desipramine, fluphenazine, thioridazine; and the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug: diclofenac were investigated on the enzyme ..
- Excited-state properties and in vitro phototoxicity studies of three phenothiazine derivativesFausto Elisei
Department of Chemistry, University of Perugia, Italy
Photochem Photobiol 75:11-21. 2002..and photobiological study of three drugs (psychotherapeutic agents) of the phenothiazine series: perphenazine, fluphenazine hydrochloride and thioridazine hydrochloride...
- Phenothiazine-type antipsychotics elicit cutaneous analgesia in ratsYu Wen Chen
Department of Medical Research, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan, R O C
Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan 48:3-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the cutaneous analgesic effect of phenothiazine-type antipsychotics...
- An animal model of extrapyramidal side effects induced by antipsychotic drugs: relationship with D2 dopamine receptor occupancyA D Crocker
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, The Flinders University of South Australia, Bedford Park, Australia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 25:573-90. 2001..muscle rigidity) in the hindlimb muscles of the rat following subcutaneous administration of haloperidol, fluphenazine and thioridazine. 2...
- Antagonism of azole activity against Candida albicans following induction of multidrug resistance genes by selected antimicrobial agentsK W Henry
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1968-74. 1999..Zidovudine, trimethoprim, and isoniazid, which were not antagonistic with azoles, did not induce these RNAs. Fluphenazine, a known substrate for Cdr1p and Cdr2p, strongly induced their RNAs and, consistent with our hypothesis, ..
- Anti-calmodulins and tricyclic adjuvants in pain therapy block the TRPV1 channelZoltan Olah
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged, Hungary Acheuron Hungary Ltd, Szeged, Hungary Acheuron Pharmaceuticals Inc, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e545. 2007..calmidazolium (broad range) > or = trifluoperazine (narrow range) chlorpromazine/amitriptyline>fluphenazine>>W-7 and W-13 (only partially)...
- Impact of four antimutagens on apoptosis in genotoxically damaged lymphocytes in vitroK Gasiorowski
Wroclaw Medical University, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Kochanowskiego 14, 51 601 Wrocław, Poland
Cell Mol Biol Lett 6:649-75. 2001An antimutagenic activity of fluphenazine, todralazine, anthocyanins and alkylresorcinols was established in a battery of short-term cytogenetic tests...
- Neuronal specific Autophagy SignalingDale M Ando; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mimicking low cytosolic calcium in neurons using the calmodulin inhibitors fluphenazine and trifluoperazine leads to robust induction of mTOR- independent autophagy...
- 1/2-A Comparison of Long-Acting Injectable Medications for Schizophrenia -ACLAIMSJOSEPH PATRICK MCEVOY; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., fluphenazine decanoate-- FD). No study comparing RM and FD has been conducted that justifies this premium pricing...
- 2/2-A Comparison of Long-Acting Injectable Medications for Schizophrenia -ACLAIMSTHOMAS SCOTT STROUP; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., fluphenazine decanoate-- FD). No study comparing RM and FD has been conducted that justifies this premium pricing...
- MECHANISMS OF CARDIOTOXICITY OF ANTIPSYCHOTIC DRUGSDavid Flockhart; Fiscal Year: 2001..In subsequent years, the investigators will evaluate thioridazine, fluphenazine and loxapine...
- DOPAMINE IN NEONATAL HYPOXIC-ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYFrancis Filloux; Fiscal Year: 1992..of a depleter of endogenous dopamine (alpha-methyl-ptyrosine), of dopamine antagonists, both non-selective (fluphenazine and flupenthioxl) and selective (SCH 23390; sulpiride), and of antioxidants will be assessed in this model...
- Atypical Antipsychotics: Determinants of ConcentrationBruce Pollock; Fiscal Year: 2004..is to reliably capture the concentration exposure of the antipsychotics (risperidone, olanzapine, ziprasidone, fluphenazine, perphenazine, and clozapine) using mixed effect population pharmacokinetic methodologies...
- Effects of antipsychotic drugs on brain and behaviorFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2005..Behavioral effects of representative typical (fluphenazine), atypical (clozapine) and newer (olanzapine) antipsychotic agents will be assessed in behavioral paradigms ..
- TARDIVE DYSKINESIA: FREE RADICAL MECHANISMS & VITAMIN EJames Lohr; Fiscal Year: 1993..alpha-tocopherol will be administered to rats treated long-term (up to one year) with the neuroleptic fluphenazine decanoate to determine if treatment with alpha-tocopherol reduces the incidence and severity of neurochemical (..
- FLUPHENAZINE BLOOD LEVELS, EFFICACY & PHARMACOKINETICSGeorge Simpson; Fiscal Year: 1990A four-year renewal is proposed of a study of fluphenazine (FPZ) blood levels, efficacy and side effects during acute oral and chronic depot therapy...
- LATE BEHAVIOR & EEG EFFECTS OF ANTIPSYCHOTIC MEDICATIONKENNETH LIFSHIRZ; Fiscal Year: 1990..The treated monkeys will be exposed for 51 weeks to periodic injections of fluphenazine decanoate in amounts comparable to those used in treating human subjects, resulting in blood level ..
- Sustained Release OlanzapineThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..can be enhanced with long-acting, injectable preparations (currently only long-chain fatty acid esters of fluphenazine or haloperidol are licensed in the US), but no long-acting preparation has yet been licensed for a modern ..
- THPB-Containing Herbal Preparations for the Treatment of Drug AbuseJohn R Mantsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..procedures to compare the effects of l-THP and l-SPD with those of the non-selective DA receptor antagonist, fluphenazine, and an "atypical" anti- psychotic in paradigms designed to examine the ability of these agents, when ..
- TREATMENT STRATEGIES IN SCHIZOPHRENIA AT GRADYPhilip Ninan; Fiscal Year: 1992..design, to look at different drug maintenance strategies (standard, low and intermittent dosages of fluphenazine decanoate) and their relationship to psychosocial management strategies (applied and supportive family therapy)...
- Human Cocaine DiscriminationCRAIG RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2006..1); fluphenazine, a D1-D2 dopamine receptor antagonist (Exp. 2); and haloperidol, a D2 dopamine receptor antagonist (Exp. 3)...
- ALPRAZOLAM - NEUROLEPTIC TREATMENT IN SCHIZOPHRENIAOwen Wolkowitz; Fiscal Year: 1991..During the first two weeks, patients will be stabilized on fluphenazine following which either alprazolan or placebo will be added in a double-blind manner for four weeks...
- Changing from Conventional to Risperidone DecanoateNancy Covell; Fiscal Year: 2005..Should people who are relatively stable on one of the first-generation depot antipsychotic medications (fluphenazine or haloperidol) but who are still symptomatic or troubled by medication side effects be switched to long-acting ..
- NEW ANTIPSYCHOTIC STRATEGIES IN SCHIZOPHRENIARobert Conley; Fiscal Year: 2001..The study proposed in this application will test the efficacy of sertindole, quetiapine, and risperidone versus fluphenazine in this population. The drugs will be tested in a drug-drug double-blind parallel group design...
- PROLACTIN/FLUPHENAZINE LEVELS IN MAINTENANCE SCHIZOPHRENGeorge Simpson; Fiscal Year: 1990A four-year study is proposed to investigate (1) the relationship between fluphenazine (FPZ) blood levels and efficacy in the treatment of acute schizophrenic exacerbations, and (2) the pharmacokinetics of oral FPZ and of FPZ decanoate...
- TREATMENT STRATEGIES IN SCHIZOPHRENIAJohn Kane; Fiscal Year: 1991..The proposed study is part of a collaborative project sponsored by the NIMH. Patients will be stabilized on fluphenazine decanoate (FD) and then randomly assigned to one of the following treatment to continue for two years: ..
- TREATMENT OF NEUROLEPTIC NONRESPONSIVE SCHIZOPHRENIAJohn Kane; Fiscal Year: 1991..stategies for patients who fail to meet a priori criteria for improvement following a four week course of fluphenazine HCL 20 mg/day...
- NEUROLEPTIC NONCOMPLIANCE IN SCHIZOPHRENIAPeter Weiden; Fiscal Year: 1991..dysphoria, beliefs about their illness and treatment, and psychiatric symptoms during standardized open fluphenazine treatment...
- COCAINE AND DOPAMINE--LINKED RESPONSESPatrick Randall; Fiscal Year: 1993..determine the extent to which quantitative predictions may be made regarding the effect of the DA antagonist, fluphenazine on the behavioral and neurochemical (extracellular cyclic amp) responses to cocaine...
- RESEARCH ETHICS IN SCHIZOPHRENIAWilliam Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comorbid Substance Abuse and Long-Term Health Outcomes in SchizophreniaDEANNA KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will be an important step for improving the lives of people with schizophrenia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Brain Development on Adults with SchizophreniaGeorge Bartzokis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will change our concept of how we could treat this illness, the feasibility of changing its lifelong course, and would encourage the development of novel pharmacologic interventions to improve myelination. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MANAGEMENT FOR RISK OF RELAPSE IN SCHIZOPHRENIAStephen Marder; Fiscal Year: 2004..The investigator will evaluate outcome during the next two years with measures of clinical psychopathology, medication side effects, functional outcomes, and quality of life. ..
- Cardiac-Related Mortality with Atypical AntipsychoticsDEANNA KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study is important as data on long-term health outcomes with atypical antipsychotics is lacking from the literature. ..
- TREATMENT OF NEGATIVE SYMPTOMS & COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTSStephen Marder; Fiscal Year: 2003..The study will provide new information on the efficacy of d- cycloserine and glycine for both persistent primary and secondary negative symptoms and its effect on cognitive functioning. ..
- TREATMENT OF NEGATIVE SYMPTOMS & COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTSWilliam Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2003..The study will provide new information on the efficacy of d- cyclosporine and glycine for both persistent primary and secondary negative symptoms and its effect on cognitive functioning. ..
- Medication Management Decisions in SchizophreniaMark Olfson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will inform quality improvement programs by identifying key modifiable determinants of the quality of medication management in the community treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Acoustic startle reduction in cocaine dependenceErica Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of PTSD in SMI ClientsKim T Mueser; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this research will bring the field one step closer to having an evidence-based practice for trauma and PTSD in clients with SMI. ..
- Clinical and Neuropsychological Investigations in Batten DiseaseJonathan W Mink; Fiscal Year: 2010..Although JNCL is a rare disease, our research has implications that can be generalized to the study of other degenerative neurologic disorders in children and for preparing translational clinical trials in these diseases. ..
- A Rapid Immunoassay for Detection of Yersinia PathogensJohn Glass; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, this prototype assay will be reduced to a production model, validated for regulatory approval, and finalized for manufacture through a joint venture partner. ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHOREAJonathan Mink; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Mapping Abnormal Neurodevelopment in SchizophreniaDeanna Barch; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] ..
- PREVENTING MORBIDITY IN FIRST EPISODE SCHIZOPHRENIADelbert Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings will provided guidance to clinicians in the selection of the best medication for patients experiencing a first episode of illness, who have no prior treatment history to guide this choice. ..
- FAMILY INTERVENTION FOR SMI AND SUBSTANCE USE DISORDERSKim Mueser; Fiscal Year: 2005..Improvements in these areas may the have long-term benefit of maintaining family involvement with dually diagnosed clients, thereby reducing housing instability and homelessness. ..
- Ethanol Effects in the Mammalian Circadian ClockRebecca Prosser; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacogenetics in Tourette SyndromHarvey Singer; Fiscal Year: 2004..The identification of genetic polymorphisms that are associated with clinical disease or treatment success, has obvious benefits. ..
- Addressing Challenges in Schizophrenia ResearchTHOMAS STROUP; Fiscal Year: 2007..The applicant's career will focus on designing and testing interventions to improve outcomes of persons who are severely affected by schizophrenia. ..
- Glutamate Signaling and Drug AbuseMOHAMMADHOSSEIN GHASEMZADEH; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Schizophenia Libility Genes among African-AmericansJoseph McEvoy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we have an outstanding track record of African American participation in research studies, and a deep appreciation of their population genetics. ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF MUTANT 5-HT2C SEROTONIN RECEPTORSKatharine Herrick Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2-Way Pagers to Improve Schizophrenia Medication AdherenceDelbert Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this R34 intervention development project will provide a blueprint for the optimal design of future fully powered efficacy and effectiveness trials ..