Summary: A phenothiazine that is used in the treatment of PSYCHOSES.
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of sedation on electroencephalographic spectral edge frequency 95 in dogs sedated by acupuncture at GV20 or Yintang and sedative combinationMin Su Kim
Biomedical Physics Laboratory, School of Physics, Seoul National University, Korea
Acupunct Electrother Res 31:201-12. 2006..The acupoints used were the GV20 point and Yintang point. The sedatives used were acepromazine, butorphanol, diazepam, medetomidine, and phenobarbital, each using a different mechanism...
- Effects of medetomidine-midazolam, acepromazine-butorphanol, and midazolam-butorphanol on induction dose of thiopental and propofol and on cardiopulmonary changes in dogsKentaro Kojima
Laboratory of Veterinary Surgery, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Am J Vet Res 63:1671-9. 2002To evaluate dose-sparing effects of medetomidine-midazolam (MM), acepromazine-butorphanol (AB), and midazolam-butorphanol (MB) on the induction dose of thiopental and propofol and to examine cardiopulmonary changes in dogs.
- Sedation with detomidine and acepromazine influences the endoscopic evaluation of laryngeal function in horsesC Lindegaard
University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Life Sciences, Department of Large Animal Sciences, Dyrlaegevej 48, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Equine Vet J 39:553-6. 2007..On some occasions it is necessary to use sedation during the procedure and it is often speculated that the result of the examination might be influenced due to the muscle-relaxing properties of the most commonly used sedatives...
- Optimization of intraperitoneal injection anesthesia in mice: drugs, dosages, adverse effects, and anesthesia depthM Arras
Institute of Laboratory Animal Science, Central Biological Laboratory, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Comp Med 51:443-56. 2001..g., embryo transfer/vasectomy) coupled with a simple method to assess anesthesia depth under routine laboratory conditions...
- Effects of midazolam-butorphanol, acepromazine-butorphanol and medetomidine on an induction dose of propofol and their compatibility in dogsTadashi Sano
The Laboratory of Veterinary Surgery, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 65:1141-3. 2003The effects of acepromazine-butorphanol (AB), midazolam-butorphanol (MB) and medetomidine (Med) on the induction dose of propofol and their compatibility with propofol were evaluated in client-owned dogs...
- Safety and efficacy of various combinations of injectable anesthetics in BALB/c miceSandra Buitrago
Department of Laboratory Animal Resources, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 47:11-7. 2008Four combinations of drugs--ketamine-xylazine, ketamine-xylazine-acepromazine (KXA), ketamine-xylazine-buprenorphine, and ketamine-xylazine-carprofen--were compared for their ability to produce anesthesia in BALB/c mice...
- Effects of acepromazine on renal function in anesthetized dogsIngrid Boström
National Veterinary Institute, Department of Small Animals, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Vet Res 64:590-8. 2003To investigate the effects of IM administration of acepromazine on indices of relative renal blood flow and glomerular filtration rate (GFR) by means of scintigraphy, as well as the effects on physiologic, hematologic, and serum ..
- Comparison of sedative and analgesic/anesthetic effects induced by medetomidine, acepromazine, azaperone, droperidol and midazolam in laboratory pigsR Nishimura
Department of Veterinary Surgery, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 55:687-90. 1993The sedative and analgesic/anesthetic effects of medetomidine, acepromazine, azaperone, droperidol and midazolam were compared in laboratory pigs...
- A comparison of acepromazine-buprenorphine and medetomidine-buprenorphine for preanesthetic medication of dogsNicola J Grint
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, School of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Leahurst, Neston, Wirral, CH46 7TE, England
J Am Vet Med Assoc 237:1431-7. 2010To assess sedative and cardiopulmonary effects of premedication with a medetomidine-buprenorphine or acepromazine-buprenorphine combination in dogs anesthetized with propofol and isoflurane.
- Effects of acepromazine, butorphanol and buprenorphine on thermal and mechanical nociceptive thresholds in horsesE J Love
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford House Taylor Monroe, Little Downham, Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Equine Vet J 44:221-5. 2012To investigate the antinociceptive effects of buprenorphine administered in combination with acepromazine in horses and to establish an effective dose for use in a clinical environment.
- Effect of acepromazine, butorphanol, or N-butylscopolammonium bromide on visceral and somatic nociception and duodenal motility in conscious horsesL Chris Sanchez
Island Whirl Equine Colic Research Laboratory, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Am J Vet Res 69:579-85. 2008To evaluate effects of butorphanol, acepromazine, and N-butylscopolammonium bromide (NBB) on visceral and somatic nociception and duodenal motility in conscious, healthy horses.
- Effects of acepromazine on the stress response in Southern chamois (Rupicapra pyrenaica) captured by means of drive-netsJorge R Lopez-Olvera
Servei d Ecopatologia de Fauna Salvatge, Facultat de Veterinària Edifici V, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Can J Vet Res 71:41-51. 2007..stress response of Southern chamois (Rupicapra pyrenaica) to capture and physical restraint and the effects of acepromazine (a short-acting neuroleptic) on this response...
- Effects of acepromazine on the incidence of vomiting associated with opioid administration in dogsAlexander Valverde
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 31:40-5. 2004To evaluate the anti-emetic properties of acepromazine in dogs receiving opioids as pre-anesthetic medication.
- A retrospective study on the use of acepromazine maleate in dogs with seizuresKaren M Tobias
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 4544, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 42:283-9. 2006Use of acepromazine (i.e., acetylpromazine) maleate in dogs with a history of seizures is reportedly contraindicated because of the risk of decreasing the seizure threshold in these animals...
- Determination of acepromazine, ketamine, medetomidine, and xylazine in serum: multi-residue screening by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryIrina R Miksa
University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pathobiology, New Bolton Center, Toxicology, Pennsylvania 19348, USA
J Anal Toxicol 29:544-51. 2005..detection and quantitation method for four chemically different drugs: medetomidine, xylazine, ketamine, and acepromazine. Chromatographic separation was carried out on a liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry instrument with a C18-..
- Reduced resident time and pharmacodynamic effects of acepromazine after subclinical multiple dosage in exercised thoroughbredsC C Chou
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 25:379-82. 2002
- Antinociceptive effects of tramadol and acepromazine in catsPaulo V M Steagall
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, FMVZ, UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Feline Med Surg 10:24-31. 2008Effects of tramadol and acepromazine on pressure and thermal thresholds were examined in eight cats. After baseline measurements, subcutaneous (SC) tramadol 1 mg/kg, acepromazine 0.1 mg/kg, tramadol 1 mg/kg with acepromazine 0...
- Effects of acepromazine on pulmonary gas exchange and circulation during sedation and dissociative anaesthesia in horsesStina Marntell
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Anaesth Analg 32:83-93. 2005To study pulmonary gas exchange and cardiovascular responses to sedation achieved with romifidine and butorphanol (RB) alone, or combined with acepromazine, and during subsequent tiletamine-zolazepam anaesthesia in horses.
- The effects of detomidine, romifidine or acepromazine on echocardiographic measurements and cardiac function in normal horsesRikke Buhl
Department of Large Animal Sciences, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Vet Anaesth Analg 34:1-8. 2007To evaluate by echo- and electrocardiography the cardiac effects of sedation with detomidine hydrochloride, romifidine hydrochloride or acepromazine maleate in horses.
- Effects of preanesthetic administration of morphine on gastroesophageal reflux and regurgitation during anesthesia in dogsDeborah V Wilson
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48864, USA
Am J Vet Res 66:386-90. 2005..To determine the effect of morphine administered prior to anesthesia on the incidence of gastroesophageal reflux (GER) in dogs during the subsequent anesthetic episode...
- Pre-anesthetic meperidine: associated vomiting and gastroesophageal reflux during the subsequent anesthetic in dogsDeborah V Wilson
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48864, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 34:15-22. 2007..To determine the effect of meperidine administered prior to anesthesia on the incidence of vomiting before, and gastroesophageal reflux (GER) and regurgitation during, the subsequent period of anesthesia in dogs...
- The sedative and behavioral effects of nalbuphine in dogsPatrick A Lester
Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine, 018 Animal Research Facility, University of Michigan, 1301 E Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0614, USA
Contemp Top Lab Anim Sci 42:27-31. 2003..sedation and frequency and intensity of adverse behaviors in dogs associated with nalbuphine when combined with acepromazine or xylazine compared with those of acepromazine or xylazine alone...
- Intra-vesicle administration of D-cloprostenol for induction of abortion in mid-gestation bitchesR Manca
Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari, Strada Provinciale per Casamassima Km 3, 70010 Bari, Italy
Anim Reprod Sci 106:133-42. 2008....
- Evaluation of the effects of the sedation with azaperone/acepromazine and immobilization with guaiphenesin/thiopentone in mulesJ U Carmona
School of Veterinary Medicine, Universidad de Caldas, Air mail 275, Manizales, Caldas, Colombia
Vet Res Commun 31:125-32. 2007
- Application of pulsed Doppler ultrasound for the evaluation of small intestinal motility in dogsY J An
Department of Radiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
J Vet Sci 2:71-4. 2001..01). However, in the dogs treated with ketamine HCl and acepromazine, the number of small intestinal peristalsis remained unchanged...
- Impact of sedation method on the diagnosis of hip and elbow dysplasia in Swedish dogsSofia Malm
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, P O Box 7023, S 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Prev Vet Med 78:196-209. 2007..b>Acepromazine gave less than half the odds of hip dysplasia compared with medetomidine and butorphanol (the most common ..
- Effects of meloxicam on renal function in dogs with hypotension during anaesthesiaIngrid M Boström
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Anaesth Analg 33:62-9. 2006To evaluate the effects of meloxicam on renal function in dogs anaesthetized and rendered hypotensive with acepromazine-thiopental-isoflurane.
- Effects of chronic baroreceptor unloading on blood pressure in the dogTerry N Thrasher
Dept of Surgery, 10 South Pine St, Rm 400, Univ of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288:R863-71. 2005..However, because MAP did not fall to control levels, the results are compatible with the hypothesis that baroreceptor input can influence the long-term level of MAP...
- The stress caused by laparoscopy in sheep and its alleviationK J Stafford
Institute of Veterinary Animal and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
N Z Vet J 54:109-13. 2006..To determine the plasma cortisol response to laparoscopy in ewes and investigate means of reducing it...
- Relationships between a proprietary index, bispectral index, and hemodynamic variables as a means for evaluating depth of anesthesia in dogs anesthetized with sevofluraneMaría S Carrasco-Jiménez
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical School, Hospital Universitario de Puerto Real, Cadiz University, Cadiz, Spain
Am J Vet Res 65:1128-35. 2004..To evaluate relationships among various techniques for monitoring anesthetic depth in sevoflurane-anesthetized dogs undergoing orthopedic surgery...
- Investigation of the effect of acepromazine on intravenous glucose tolerance tests in dogsViorica Ionut
Departments of Physiology and Biophysics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Vet Res 65:1124-7. 2004To investigate the effects of administration of acepromazine on IV glucose tolerance tests (IVGTTs) in dogs.
- Intense (18)F-FDG uptake in brown fat can be reduced pharmacologicallyMitsuaki Tatsumi
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Nucl Med 45:1189-93. 2004..In this study, we evaluated (18)F-FDG uptake in BAT of rats to determine whether pharmacologic or physiologic interventions affect the uptake, knowing that BAT has a high density of adrenergic innervation...
- Sonographic features of drug-induced splenic congestionRobert T O'Brien
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 45:225-7. 2004..to determine the maximum diameter in the minimum dimension prior to, and 15 min after, administration of acepromazine, thiopental, or propofol. Significant splenic enlargement was seen after administration of acepromazine (P<0...
- Risk factors for anaesthetic-related death in referred dogsD C Brodbelt
Animal Health Trust, Lanwades Park, Kentford, Newmarket CB8 7UU
Vet Rec 158:563-4. 2006
- Middle-latency auditory-evoked potential in acepromazine-sedated dogsJoanna C Murrell
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Utrecht University, P O Box 80154, NL 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Vet Intern Med 18:196-200. 2004..The MLAEP was recorded in 12 dogs with and without sedation with acepromazine. Three needle electrodes were inserted SC. Click stimuli were delivered biaurally...
- Refractometry for quality control of anesthetic drug mixturesJennifer M Stabenow
Department of Comparative Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 45:60-3. 2006..Dilutions of ketamine, xylazine, acepromazine, and buprenorphine were prepared with reagent-grade water to produce at least 4 concentration levels...
- Anesthesia case of the month. HypotensionKristen G Hunyady
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 229:1250-3. 2006
- Results of 24-hour ambulatory electrocardiography in dogs undergoing ovariohysterectomy following premedication with medetomidine or acepromazineMisse A M Väisänen
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Am Vet Med Assoc 226:738-45. 2005To investigate heart rate characteristics in dogs undergoing ovariohysterectomy following premedication with medetomidine or acepromazine.
- Mask induction of anaesthesia with isoflurane or sevoflurane in premedicated catsP Lerche
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Small Anim Pract 43:12-5. 2002..Both sevoflurane and isoflurane produced mask induction of anaesthesia of a similar quality in this species. Sevoflurane provided more rapid induction of anaesthesia and establishment of a controlled airway than isoflurane...
- Effects of acetylpromazine or morphine on urine production in halothane-anesthetized dogsS A Robertson
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University East Lansing 48824-1314, USA
Am J Vet Res 62:1922-7. 2001..v. administration of fluids in the perioperative period, the type of preanesthetic agent used must be considered...
- Normal spatial memory following postseizure treatment with ketamine: selective damage attenuates memory deficits in brain-damaged rodentsS A Santi
Behavioral Neuroscience Laboratory, Laurentian University, Sudbury Ontario, Canada P3E 2C6
Int J Neurosci 107:63-75. 2001..min after the initiation of status epilepticus (SE) by lithium and pilocarpine, rats were injected with either acepromazine or ketamine...
- Effects of hydromorphone or oxymorphone, with or without acepromazine, on preanesthetic sedation, physiologic values, and histamine release in dogsL J Smith
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 218:1101-5. 2001OBJECTIVE: To compare hydromorphone with oxymorphone, with or without acepromazine, for preanesthetic sedation in dogs and assess changes in plasma concentration of histamine after drug administration. DESIGN: Randomized clinical study...
- Effect of acepromazine and butorphanol on isoflurane minimum alveolar concentration in goatsT J Doherty
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 25:65-7. 2002
- Effects of carprofen on renal function and results of serum biochemical and hematologic analyses in anesthetized dogs that had low blood pressure during anesthesiaIngrid M Boström
Department of Small Animals, National Veterinary Institute, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Vet Res 63:712-21. 2002..effects of IV administered carprofen on indices of renal function and results of serum biochemical and hematologic analyses in dogs anesthetized with acepromazine-thiopentone-isoflurane that had low blood pressure during anesthesia.
- Evaluation of the perioperative stress response in dogs administered medetomidine or acepromazine as part of the preanesthetic medicationMisse Väisänen
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Am J Vet Res 63:969-75. 2002To compare the perioperative stress response in dogs administered medetomidine or acepromazine as part of the preanesthetic medication.
- Effects of acepromazine and butorphanol on tiletamine-zolazepam anesthesia in llamasTulio M Prado
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Am J Vet Res 69:182-8. 2008To evaluate sedative, antinociceptive, and physiologic effects of acepromazine and butorphanol during tiletamine-zolazepam (TZ) anesthesia in llamas.
- Physiology and behavior of dogs during air transportRenee Bergeron
Departement des Sciences Animales, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec
Can J Vet Res 66:211-6. 2002..Each of 3 groups of 4 sedated (with 0.5 mg/kg body weight of acepromazine maleate) and 4 non-sedated (control) dogs was flown on a separate flight between Montreal, Quebec, and Toronto, ..
- Stable in vivo imaging of densely populated glia, axons and blood vessels in the mouse spinal cord using two-photon microscopyDimitrios Davalos
Department of Pharmacology, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Neurosci Methods 169:1-7. 2008..This simplified technique can greatly expand the application of in vivo imaging to study spinal cord injury, regeneration, physiology and disease...
- A canine model used to simultaneously assess potential neurobehavioural and cardiovascular effects of candidate drugsMarcello Tontodonati
Safety Pharmacology, Safety Assessment Department, GlaxoSmithKline R and D Centre, Via A Fleming 4, 37135 Verona, Italy
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 56:265-75. 2007....
- Comparisons of the effects of anesthesia and stress on release of tumor necrosis factor-alpha, leptin, and nitric oxide in adult male ratsC A Mastronardi
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70808-4124, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 226:296-300. 2001..Adult male rats were anesthetized with ketamine/acepromazine/xylazine anesthesia (90 + 2 + 6 mg/ml, respectively) and an external jugular catheter was inserted for removal ..
- Effects of treatment with oxytocin, xylazine butorphanol, guaifenesin, acepromazine, and detomidine on esophageal manometric pressure in conscious horsesAnne A Wooldridge
Equine Health Studies Program, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Am J Vet Res 63:1738-44. 2002To compare effects of oxytocin, acepromazine maleate, xylazine hydrochloride-butorphanol tartrate, guaifenesin, and detomidine hydrochloride on esophageal manometric pressure in horses.
- Effects of acepromazine on the cardiovascular actions of dopamine in anesthetized dogsEduardo R Monteiro
Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, Centro Universitario de Maringa, Maringa, Parana, Brazil
Vet Anaesth Analg 34:312-21. 2007To evaluate the effects of acepromazine maleate on the cardiovascular changes induced by dopamine in isoflurane-anesthetized dogs.
- The effects of xylazine, detomidine, acepromazine and butorphanol on equine solid phase gastric emptying rateD G M Sutton
Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, UK
Equine Vet J 34:486-92. 2002..0 mg/kg i.v.), or detomidine (0.03 mg/kg i.v.) administration, or preceded by acepromazine (0.05 mg/kg i.m.) in randomised order...
- A protocol for managing urethral obstruction in male cats without urethral catheterizationEdward S Cooper
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 237:1261-6. 2010..To determine efficacy of a protocol for managing urethral obstruction (UO) in male cats without urethral catheterization...
- The effects of medetomidine on the action of vecuronium in dogs anaesthetized with halothane and nitrous oxideAsadollah Kariman
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Vet Anaesth Analg 35:400-8. 2008..To quantify the effects of medetomidine on the onset and duration of vecuronium-induced neuromuscular blockade in dogs...
- Effects of doxapram HCl on laryngeal function of normal dogs and dogs with naturally occurring laryngeal paralysisKaren M Tobias
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 4544, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 31:258-63. 2004..To compare the effects of IV doxapram on glottic size and arytenoid motion in normal dogs and in dogs with laryngeal paralysis...
- A comparison of subarachnoid buprenorphine or xylazine as an adjunct to lidocaine for analgesia in goatsFrancesco Staffieri
Dipartimento dell Emergenza e dei Trapianti di Organi, Sezione di Chirurgia Veterinaria, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Bari, Valenzano Bari, Italy
Vet Anaesth Analg 36:502-11. 2009..To test the hypothesis that subarachnoid administration of buprenorphine and lidocaine provides more intense and longer lasting perioperative analgesia with less side effects than xylazine and lidocaine in goats...
- Total intravenous anesthesia with propofol and S(+)-ketamine in rabbitsFernando Sf Cruz
Pharmacology Graduate Program, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Vet Anaesth Analg 37:116-22. 2010..To evaluate total intravenous anesthesia with propofol alone or in combination with S(+)-ketamine in rabbits undergoing surgery...
- Immobilization and intravenous anesthesia in a Sumatran rhinoceros (Dicerorhinus sumatrensis)Chris Walzer
Research Institute of Wildlife Ecology, University of Veterinary Medicine, Savoyenstrasse 1, A 1160 Vienna, Austria
J Zoo Wildl Med 41:115-20. 2010..Subsequently, 0.74 mg (0.0014 mg/kg) etorphine and 3 mg (0.0057 mg/kg) acepromazine, with an additional 1.5 mg butorphanol (0.0028 mg/kg) and 1.5 mg (0...
- Effects of ovariohysterectomy on canine blood neutrophil respiratory burst: a chemiluminescence studyMisse Väisänen
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Vet Surg 33:551-6. 2004..To examine blood neutrophil counts and luminol-enhanced chemiluminescence (CL) responses in dogs undergoing ovariohysterectomy (OH), premedicated with 2 different drugs...
- Influence of isoflurane general anesthesia or anesthesia and surgery on thyroid function tests in dogsM A Wood
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, USA
J Vet Intern Med 23:7-15. 2009..Anesthesia and surgery affect thyroid function tests in humans but have not been studied in dogs...
- A comparison of extradural and intravenous methadone on intraoperative isoflurane and postoperative analgesia requirements in dogsElisabeth N Leibetseder
Clinic of Surgery and Ophthalmology, GE Gemeinsame Einrichtung of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Vet Anaesth Analg 33:128-36. 2006..To compare the effects of intravenous (IV) and extradural (ED) methadone on end-tidal isoflurane concentration (Fe'ISO) and postoperative analgesic requirements in dogs undergoing femoro-tibial joint surgery...
- Glomerular filtration rate after tramadol, parecoxib and pindolol following anaesthesia and analgesia in comparison with morphine in dogsKavitha Kongara
Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Vet Anaesth Analg 36:86-94. 2009....
- Blood gas tensions, acid-base status and cardiovascular function in miniature swine anaesthetized with halothane and methoxyflurane or intravenous metomidate hydrochlorideP Svendsen
Biomedical Laboratory, University of Odense, Denmark
Pharmacol Toxicol 64:88-93. 1989..given atropine and anaesthetized with one of the following drug combinations: 1) azaperone + metomidate, 2) acepromazine + thiopentone for endotracheal intubation, followed by halothane + methoxyflurane in oxygen...
- The post-tetanic count during vecuronium-induced neuromuscular blockade in halothane-anaesthetized dogsFarshid Sarrafzadeh-Rezaei
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Urmia, Western Azerbaijan, Iran
Vet Anaesth Analg 36:246-54. 2009..facialis-m. nasolabialis (nF-mNL) and n. ulnaris-mm. carpi flexorii (nU-mCF) nerve-muscle units (NMUs) during profound vecuronium neuromuscular blockade in halothane-anaesthetized dogs...
- A clinical comparison of two anaesthetic protocols using lidocaine or medetomidine in horsesSimone K Ringer
Equine Hospital, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Anaesth Analg 34:257-68. 2007..To compare the effects of two balanced anaesthetic protocols on end-tidal isoflurane (Fe'ISO), cardiopulmonary performance and quality of recovery in horses...
- Evaluation of the analgesic effect of intracameral lidocaine hydrochloride injection on intraoperative and postoperative pain in healthy dogs undergoing phacoemulsificationShin Ae Park
Department of Veterinary Surgery and Ophthalmology, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Sillim 9 Dong, Gwanak Gu, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Am J Vet Res 71:216-22. 2010..To evaluate the intraoperative and postoperative analgesic effects of intracameral lidocaine hydrochloride injection in dogs undergoing phacoemulsification...
- Post-anesthetic hyperthermia in catsLysa P Posner
Department of Clinical Sciences, VMC College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 34:40-7. 2007..To assess whether administration of hydromorphone and, or ketamine are associated with post-anesthetic hyperthermia in cats undergoing routine surgery...
- The effects of doxapram hydrochloride (dopram-V) on laryngeal function in healthy dogsCarrie Jean Miller
Denver Veterinary Specialists, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033, USA
J Vet Intern Med 16:524-8. 2002..Thirty healthy dogs were studied. Dogs were premedicated with butorphanol tartrate (0.22 mg/kg IV), acepromazine maleate (0.05 mg/kg SC), and glycopyrrolate (0.005 mg/kg SC), followed by induction with propofol (4 mg/kg IV)...
- Efficacy of preanesthetic intramuscular administration of ephedrine for prevention of anesthesia-induced hypotension in cats and dogsChristine Egger
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30601, USA
Can Vet J 50:179-84. 2009..of ephedrine would prevent anesthesia-induced hypotension in dogs and cats, 10 cats were anesthetized with acepromazine, butorphanol, ketamine, and isoflurane, and 8 dogs were anesthetized with acepromazine, morphine, propofol, and ..
- Myogenic origin of the hypotension induced by rapid changes in posture in awake dogs following autonomic blockadeBrett J Wong
Integrative Physiology, 424 Field House, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 105:1837-44. 2008..The animals were sedated with acepromazine and lightly restrained in lateral recumbency on a tilt table...
- Bretylium and diltiazem in porcine cardiac proceduresG P Rodgers
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
J Invest Surg 1:321-6. 1988..General anesthesia was induced with a combination of ketamine HCl 25 mg/kg, atropine sulfate 0.1 mg/kg, and acepromazine 0.22 mg/kg, all given intramuscularly...
- Evaluation of intraperitoneal and incisional lidocaine or bupivacaine for analgesia following ovariohysterectomy in the dogRachael E Carpenter
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, East Lansing, MI, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 31:46-52. 2004..To determine if intraperitoneal (i.p.) and incisional (s.c.) lidocaine or bupivacaine provide analgesia following ovariohysterectomy (OHE)...
- A comparison of induction of anaesthesia using a target-controlled infusion device in dogs with propofol or a propofol and alfentanil admixtureAdam Auckburally
Division of Small Animal Clinical Studies, Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Bearsden Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, UK
Vet Anaesth Analg 35:319-25. 2008..To compare induction targets, and the haemodynamic and respiratory effects, of propofol, or as an admixture with two different concentrations of alfentanil, delivered via a propofol target-controlled infusion (TCI) system...
- Investigation of the EEG effects of intravenous lidocaine during halothane anaesthesia in poniesJoanna C Murrell
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Vet Anaesth Analg 32:212-21. 2005..The hypothesis tested was that in ponies, IV lidocaine is antinociceptive and would therefore obtund EEG changes during castration...
- Intraoperative determination of intestinal viability: a comparison with transserosal pulse oximetry and histopathological examinationMehmet Erikoglu
Department of General Surgery, Selcuk University, Meram Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
J Surg Res 128:66-9. 2005..In this study, we aimed to measure the O2 saturation of ischemic intestinal segments and the relationship between these measures and concomitant pathological gradings...
- Speed of induction of anaesthesia in dogs administered halothane, isoflurane, sevoflurane or propofol in a clinical settingR G Pottie
University Veterinary Centre, University of Sydney, Camden, NSW, Australia
Aust Vet J 86:26-31. 2008..To compare the speed and quality of induction of general anaesthesia using three different inhalant agents and one intravenous agent, in healthy dogs undergoing desexing surgery...
- Effective and safe anesthesia for Yorkshire and Yucatan swine with and without cardiovascular injury and interventionJan R Linkenhoker
Division of Veterinary Resources, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 49:344-51. 2010..Phase 1 examined the safety and efficacy of acepromazine-ketamine, diazepam-ketamine, midazolam-ketamine, and medetomidine-ketamine in 5 healthy Yorkshire pigs...
- Castration of horses under total intravenous anaesthesia: analgesic effects of lidocaineKarine G Portier
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Vet Anaesth Analg 36:173-9. 2009..To evaluate the effects of local anaesthesia with lidocaine for castration of horses under intravenous anaesthesia...
- The effects of acute intraocular pressure elevation on rat retinal glutamate transportDavid J Holcombe
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Acta Ophthalmol 86:408-14. 2008..To investigate the relationship between intraocular pressure (IOP), retinal glutamate transport and retinal hypoxia during acute IOP elevations of varying magnitude...
- The effect of body position, sedation, and thoracic bandaging on functional residual capacity in healthy deep-chested dogsElizabeth A Rozanski
Lung Function Testing Laboratory, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, 200 Westboro Road, North Grafton, Massachusetts 01536, USA
Can J Vet Res 74:34-9. 2010..in unsedated dogs and then again both standing and lateral following chest bandaging, and sedation with acepromazine, IV and butorphanol, IV...
- Electroacupuncture analgesia in dogs: is there a difference between uni- and bi-lateral stimulation?Renata N Cassu
Department of Veterinary Surgery and Anaesthesiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, FMVZ, UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Vet Anaesth Analg 35:52-61. 2008..To compare the analgesic effect of uni- and bi-lateral electroacupuncture (EA) in response to thermal and mechanical nociceptive stimuli and to investigate the cardiorespiratory, endocrine, and behavioral changes in dogs submitted to EA...
- Development of a technique for serial bilateral renal biopsy in steersO Alberto Chiesa
Center for Veterinary Medicine, Office of Research, Division of Residue Chemistry, Food and Drug Administration, 8401 Muirkirk Road, Laurel, Maryland 20708, USA
Can J Vet Res 70:87-93. 2006..After feed was withheld for 24 h, laparoscopic surgery was performed in standing stocks. Acepromazine, xylazine, and butorphanol were used for sedation and analgesia, and 2% lidocaine was used for local anesthesia...
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced tumor necrosis factor-alpha release is controlled by the central nervous systemC A Mastronardi
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Lousiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 4124, USA
Neuroimmunomodulation 9:148-56. 2001..would be either neurally or hormonally controlled, the effect on TNF-alpha release of anesthesia (ketamine/acepromazine/xylazine) and catecholaminergic agonists and antagonists, either alone or in the presence of LPS, was ..
- Evaluation of hemodynamic, metabolic, and electrolytic changes after graft reperfusion in a porcine model of intestinal transplantationR M de Oliveira Clark
Department of Surgery, Botucatu School of Medicine UNESP, Sao Paulo State University, Botucatu SP, Brazil
Transplant Proc 42:87-91. 2010..We sought to establish an anesthetic protocol to evaluate the hemodynamic, metabolic, and electrolytic changes after graft reperfusion in pigs undergoing orthotopic intestinal transplant (ITx)...
- The cardiorespiratory effects of a fentanyl infusion following acepromazine and glycopyrrolate in dogsSuzanne Lemmens
Division of Anesthesiology and Neurophysiology, Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 133:888-95. 2008..Each session started with a non-medication period, followed by acepromazine with glycopyrrolate, followed by a loading dose and infusion of saline or fentanyl, and ended with the ..
- Hypotensive effect of push-pull gravitational stress occurs after autonomic blockadeDon D Sheriff
Department of Exercise Science, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:167-71. 2003..The animals were paced at 75 beats/min throughout the experiment. The animals were sedated with acepromazine and lightly restrained in lateral recumbency on a tilt table...
- Electrocardiography of Grevy's zebras (Equus grevyi)Debbie A Myers
Louisiana State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Clinical Sciences, 1516 Skip Bertman Drive, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 39:298-304. 2008..ECG parameters for zebras anesthetized with a standardized dose of the drug combination etorphine-detomidine-acepromazine compared to those receiving additional supplements of these drugs and/or ketamine...
- Isoflurane is an effective alternative to ketamine/xylazine/acepromazine as an anesthetic agent for the mouse electroretinogramWilliam R Woodward
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
Doc Ophthalmol 115:187-201. 2007..Ketamine, in combination with xylazine and/or acepromazine, is the most commonly used anesthetic agent...
- Acute pulmonary edema after diazepam-ketamine in a dogJoseph Boutureira
Department of Small Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 34:371-6. 2007..Moderate sedation was produced by premedication with glycopyrrolate, acepromazine, and hydromorphone, and anesthesia was induced by IV injection of diazepam and ketamine...
- Development of a mouse model to determine the systemic activity of potential flea-control compoundsKaren A Santora
Merck Research Labs, Merck and Co, Inc, P O Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Vet Parasitol 104:257-64. 2002..Consequently, a protocol was developed which incorporated acepromazine maleate to temporarily sedate various strains of mice and allow fleas a window of time to feed undisturbed...
- A comparison of the analgesic effects of butorphanol with those of meloxicam after elective ovariohysterectomy in dogsNigel Caulkett
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 5B4
Can Vet J 44:565-70. 2003..Fifteen dogs were premedicated with 0.05 mg/kg body weight (BW) of acepromazine by intramuscular (IM) injection, plus 0.2 mg/kg BW of meloxicam by subcutaneous (SC) injection...
- Comparison of two thiopental infusion rates for the induction of anaesthesia in dogsAlexandra H A Dugdale
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Vet Anaesth Analg 32:360-6. 2005..To compare the induction dose requirements of thiopental using two different infusion rates for induction of anaesthesia in dogs...
- Postoperative analgesic effects of epidural administration of neostigmine alone or in combination with morphine in ovariohysterectomized dogsRodrigo L Marucio
Department of Veterinary Surgery and Anesthesiology, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 14870 000
Am J Vet Res 69:854-60. 2008..To evaluate analgesic effects of epidurally administered neostigmine alone or in combination with morphine in dogs after ovariohysterectomy. Animals-40 healthy bitches...
- Comparison of anesthetic induction in cats by use of isoflurane in an anesthetic chamber with a conventional vapor or liquid injection techniqueRenee D Schmid
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 233:262-6. 2008..To compare 2 techniques for induction of cats by use of isoflurane in an anesthetic chamber...
- Gamma scintigraphic evaluation of a miniaturized AERx pulmonary delivery system for aerosol delivery to anesthetized animals using a positive pressure ventilation systemDeepa S Deshpande
Aradigm Corporation, Hayward, CA 94545, USA
J Aerosol Med 18:34-44. 2005..The dogs were 3-4 years old, and weighed 10.4 kg and 13.6 kg. Acepromazine was used as pre-anesthetic medication. Anesthesia was induced with 5% isoflurane...
- Subcutaneous pre-anaesthetic medication with acepromazine-buprenorphine is effective as and less painful than the intramuscular routeM Gurney
Northwest Surgeons, Delamere House, Ashville Point, Cheshire
J Small Anim Pract 50:474-7. 2009To compare reaction to injection, sedation and propofol induction dose in dogs receiving acepromazine-buprenorphine pre-anaesthetic medication by the intramuscular or subcutaneous routes.
- Effects of acepromazine maleate on platelet function assessed by use of adenosine diphosphate activated- and arachidonic acid- activated modified thromboelastography in healthy dogsBobbi J Conner
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27607
Am J Vet Res 73:595-601. 2012To evaluate the effect of acepromazine maleate administered IV on platelet function assessed in healthy dogs by use of a modified thromboelastography assay.
- Comparison of tribromoethanol, ketamine/acetylpromazine, Telazol/xylazine, pentobarbital, and methoxyflurane anesthesia in HSD:ICR miceD J Gardner
Division of Veterinary Services, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Lab Anim Sci 45:199-204. 1995..A direct correlation existed between duration of anesthesia and magnitude and duration of temperature reduction. Duration of anesthesia can be used to predict extent of hypothermia...
- Refinement of the dose of doxapram to counteract the sedative effects of acepromazine in dogsM Zapata
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
J Small Anim Pract 54:405-8. 2013To evaluate the effectiveness of two doses of doxapram in reversing acepromazine sedation in dogs.
- Ultrasound-guided atlanto-occipital puncture for cerebrospinal fluid analysis on the standing horseM Depecker
l Université, ONIRIS, Centre International de Santé du Cheval d ONIRIS CISCO, Atlanpole La Chantrerie, BP40706, Nantes F 44307, France
Vet Rec 174:45. 2014..Seven horses (six healthy and one mildly ataxic) were sedated with acepromazine (0.02 mg/kg bodyweight intravenously or 0.04 mg/kg bodyweight intramuscularly) and detomidine (0...
- Tumor NMR Images are Affected by AnestheticNatarajan Raghunand; Fiscal Year: 2006..and resulting effects upon DCE-MRI images, using three commonly used anesthetic protocols: ketamine/xylazine/acepromazine, pentobarbital, and isoflurane, and one customized injectable anesthetic protocol: etomidate/fentanyl/midazolam...
- Non-invasive assessment of murine intraocular pressureJohn Danias; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Arterial baroreceptor unloading causes hypertensionTERRY THRASHER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide a new framework for understanding the development and maintenance of hypertension. ..
- Pulmonary delivery of nicotine using the AERx SystemStephen Farr; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term goal of this proposed project is to develop an inhalation product (the AERx-nicotine) as a therapy for smoking cessation. ..
- LIFE AND DEATH OF RETINAL GANGLION CELLSVittorio Porciatti; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such outcomes are significant, since exploiting an animal model for testing neuroprotective strategies that preserve visual function is an important component of future research on treatments for glaucoma. ..
- Liposomal Opioids Extend Analgesia in Laboratory AnimalsLisa Krugner Higby; Fiscal Year: 2008..If proven efficacious, these analgesic regimens would lead to a significant change in the post-surgical care of animals used in biomedical research and veterinary medicine. ..
- Complement activation in glaucomaJohn Danias; Fiscal Year: 2008..Findings from this work will have wider implications for other neurodegenerative disease. ..