Genomes and Genes
Summary: Compounds containing dibenzo-1,4-thiazine. Some of them are neuroactive.
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Factors related to prescription dosage in Japanese psychiatric hospitalsShigeki Nawata
Department of Health Policy and Management, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 59:70-6. 2005..Doses in the butyrophenone category were related to pathological experiences and that in the phenothiazine category to behavioral aspects...
- The in vitro activity of phenothiazines against Mycobacterium avium: potential of thioridazine for therapy of the co-infected AIDS patientMiguel Viveiros
Unit of Mycobacteriology, UPMM, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Rua da Junqueira 96, 1349 019 Lisboa, Portugal
In Vivo 19:733-6. 2005..avium to most non-toxic compounds. Therefore, the need for effective agents is obvious. Because phenothiazines, especially the relatively mild thioridazine, have significant activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis, we ..
- Phenothiazines and thioxanthenes inhibit multidrug efflux pump activity in Staphylococcus aureusGlenn W Kaatz
The John D Dingell Department of Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Division of Infectious Diseases, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:719-26. 2003..The inhibitory effects of selected phenothiazines and two geometric stereoisomers of the thioxanthene flupentixol were studied using strains of S...
- Pharmacologic inhibition of MALT1 protease by phenothiazines as a therapeutic approach for the treatment of aggressive ABC-DLBCLDaniel Nagel
Research Unit Cellular Signal Integration, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Molecular Toxicology and Pharmacology, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Cancer Cell 22:825-37. 2012..We have identified distinct derivatives of medicinal active phenothiazines, namely mepazine, thioridazine, and promazine, as small molecule inhibitors of the MALT1 protease...
- Inhibition of heparin-induced tau filament formation by phenothiazines, polyphenols, and porphyrinsSayuri Taniguchi
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Tokyo Institute of Psychiatry, Tokyo Metropolitan Organization for Medical Research, 2 1 8 Kamikitazawa, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 8585, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:7614-23. 2005..Several phenothiazines (methylene blue, azure A, azure B, and quinacrine mustard), polyphenols (myricetin, epicatechin 5-gallate, ..
- Mechanism of interaction between human serum albumin and N-alkyl phenothiazines studied using spectroscopic methodsP B Kandagal
Department of Chemistry, Karnatak University, Dharwad, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 47:260-7. 2008The binding characteristics of human serum albumin (HSA) with N-alkyl phenothiazines derivatives (NAP) viz...
- Evolutionary redeployment of a biosynthetic module: expression of eye pigment genes vermilion, cinnabar, and white in butterfly wing developmentRobert D Reed
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Evol Dev 7:301-11. 2005..cardui...
- Intracellular activity of clinical concentrations of phenothiazines including thioridiazine against phagocytosed Staphylococcus aureusDiane Ordway
Unit of Mycobacteriology, Department of Mycobacteriology, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Rua da Junqueira 96, 1349 019 Lisboa, Portugal
Int J Antimicrob Agents 20:34-43. 2002..These results suggest that TZ induces intracellular bactericidal activities independent of the capacity to generate Type 1 responses against S. aureus...
- Ethidium bromide efflux by Salmonella: modulation by metabolic energy, pH, ions and phenothiazinesLeonard Amaral
Grupo de Micobacterias, Unidade de Microbiologia Médica, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Rua da Junqueira 100, 1349 008 Lisboa, Portugal
Int J Antimicrob Agents 38:140-5. 2011..Similarly, thioridazine, an inhibitor of metabolic enzymes, inhibits efflux of EtBr only at pH 8 and the degree of inhibition is lessened by the presence of metabolic energy...
- Steady-state kinetics and inhibitory action of antitubercular phenothiazines on mycobacterium tuberculosis type-II NADH-menaquinone oxidoreductase (NDH-2)Takahiro Yano
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 281:11456-63. 2006..using a Mycobacterium smegmatis expression system, and the steady-state kinetics and inhibitory actions of phenothiazines were characterized...
- Multiple non-psychiatric effects of phenothiazines: a reviewGangopadhyay Sudeshna
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Eur J Pharmacol 648:6-14. 2010..Appropriate clinical application of phenothiazines can be developed in the future after gaining a comprehensive knowledge about their function...
- Phenothiazines suppress proliferation and induce apoptosis in cultured leukemic cells without any influence on the viability of normal lymphocytes. Phenothiazines and leukemiaZhivko Zhelev
National Institute for Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, AIST Shikoku, 2217 14 Hayashi Cho, 761 0395 Takamatsu, Kagawa, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 53:267-75. 2004The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effects of phenothiazines (at clinically relevant doses) on the viability and proliferation of leukemic cell lines and normal lymphocytes, and to investigate the possibility of ..
- The functional morphology of color changing in a spider: development of ommochrome pigment granulesTeresita C Insausti
Institut de Recherche sur la Biologie de l Insecte, UMR CNRS 6035, Universite de Tours, Avenue Monge, Parc Grandmont, Tours, France
J Exp Biol 211:780-9. 2008..Extended studies on the ultrastructural modification and physiological processes associated with color change are required before any statement about the adaptiveness of the color change can be made...
- Turnover of pigment granules: cyclic catabolism and anabolism of ommochromes within epidermal cellsT C Insausti
Universite de Tours, Institut de Recherche sur la Biologie de l Insecte, UMR CNRS 6035, Tours, France
Tissue Cell 41:421-9. 2009..The presence of this turnover for melanins is discussed...
- Molecular modeling of phenothiazines and related drugs as multidrug resistance modifiers: a comparative molecular field analysis studyI Pajeva
Center of Biomedical Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BG 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
J Med Chem 41:1815-26. 1998A set of 40 phenothiazines, thioxanthenes, and structurally related drugs with multidrug resistance modulating activity in tumor cells in vitro were selected from literature data and subjected to three-dimensional quantitative structure-..
- Phenothiazines, bacterial efflux pumps and targeting the macrophage for enhanced killing of intracellular XDRTBLeonard Amaral
Unit of Mycobacteriology, Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Rua Junqueira 96, 1349 008 Lisbon, Portugal
In Vivo 24:409-24. 2010b>Phenothiazines have their primary effects on the plasma membrane of prokaryotes and eukaryotes...
- Cancer chemopreventive effect of phenothiazines and related tri-heterocyclic analogues in the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate promoted Epstein-Barr virus early antigen activation and the mouse skin two-stage carcinogenesis modelsMagnus A Azuine
Laboratory of Natural Drug Products, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Howard University, 2300 4th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Pharmacol Res 49:161-9. 2004In continuation of our search for novel agents, we have investigated 29 phenothiazines and related tri-heterocyclic compounds as potential cancer chemopreventive agents in a short-term in vitro assay of Epstein-Barr virus early antigen (..
- In vitro differential sensitivity of melanomas to phenothiazines is based on the presence of codon 600 BRAF mutationOgechi N Ikediobi
Genomics and Bioinformatics Group, Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:1337-46. 2008..b>Phenothiazines have been used as antipsychotics and as adjunct antiemetics during cancer chemotherapy and more recently have ..
- Phenothiazines: an alternative to conventional therapy for the initial management of suspected multidrug resistant tuberculosis. A call for studiesL Amaral
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Sonderborg Sygehus, Sonderborg, Denmark
Int J Antimicrob Agents 14:173-6. 2000..tuberculosis may be helpful until antibiotic susceptibility is known. Phenothiazines such as chlorpromazine, methdilazine and thioridazine are effective against strains of M...
- Phenothiazines: potential alternatives for the management of antibiotic resistant infections of tuberculosis and malaria in developing countriesL Amaral
Unit of Mycobacteriology, Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal
Trop Med Int Health 6:1016-22. 2001The in vitro and in vivo activity of phenothiazines against antibiotic susceptible and antibiotic resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis and malaria-causing Plasmodia is reviewed...
- Effects of cyamemazine on hERG, INa, ICa, Ito, Isus and IK1 channel currents, and on the QTc interval in guinea pigsWilliam Crumb
Zenas Technologies, New Orleans, LA, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 532:270-8. 2006..These non-clinical findings confirm the excellent cardiac safety records of cyamemazine during its 30 years of extensive therapeutic use...
- Direct modification of bioactive phenothiazines by exposure to laser radiationMihail Lucian Pascu
National Institute for Laser, Plasma and Radiation Physics, Laser Department, PO Box MG 36, Str Atomistilor nr 409, Magurele, Ilfov, Bucharest 077125, Romania
Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov 6:147-57. 2011..Because the laser beam energy is greater than that produced by the incoherent UV sources, exposure of phenothiazines to specific lasers may yield molecules with altered activities over that of the unexposed parent...
- Enhancement of vancomycin activity by phenothiazines against vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium in vitroMohammad Rahbar
Department of Microbiology, Reference Health Laboratories, Ministry of Health, Tehran, Iran
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 107:676-9. 2010..inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of the compounds were determined by agar dilution method, and synergy between phenothiazines and vancomycin was investigated using Checkerboard (microbroth dilution) technique...
- Cyamemazine metabolites: effects on human cardiac ion channels in-vitro and on the QTc interval in guinea pigsWilliam Crumb
Zenas Technologies, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Pharm Pharmacol 60:1507-13. 2008..These non-clinical findings explain the excellent cardiac safety records of cyamemazine during its 30 years of extensive therapeutic use...
- Antimicrobial activity of phenothiazinesLeonard Amaral
Unit of Mycobacteriology UPMM Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical Universidade de Lisboa, 1394 008 Lisbon, Portugal
In Vivo 18:725-31. 2004..provides the scientific and medical basis that support the use of one particular group of compounds, the phenothiazines, and in particular thioridazine, for the management of the above antibiotic-resistant infections...
- Inauhzin and Nutlin3 synergistically activate p53 and suppress tumor growthYiwei Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Tulane Cancer Center, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 13:915-24. 2012..Our study provides evidence supporting this concept for achieving better therapeutic efficacy in tumors that possess wild type p53...
- Photodegradation of 2-chloro substituted phenothiazines in alcoholsCARMELO GARCIA
Department of Chemistry, Humacao Campus, University of Puerto Rico, Humacao, Puerto Rico
Photochem Photobiol 85:160-70. 2009..To better understand the relationship between the molecular structure of halogenated phenothiazines and their phototoxic activity, their photophysics and photochemistry were studied in several alcohols...
- Chemosensitization by phenothiazines in human lung cancer cells: impaired resolution of γH2AX and increased oxidative stress elicit apoptosis associated with lysosomal expansion and intense vacuolationD Zong
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Biomics Center, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Death Dis 2:e181. 2011..The potential of using phenothiazines as chemosensitizers has been suggested earlier but so far our understanding of their molecular targets remains ..
- Phenothiazines interfere with dopaminergic neurodegeneration in Caenorhabditis elegans models of Parkinson's diseaseJustyna B Mocko
Department of Pathobiochemistry, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Duesbergweg 6, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 40:120-9. 2010..Thus, dopaminergic toxicity of rotenone and MPP(+)in vivo can be forestalled by nanomolar concentrations of certain chain-breaking antioxidants irrespective of dopamine receptor modulation or mitochondrial targeting...
- A small molecule Inauhzin inhibits SIRT1 activity and suppresses tumour growth through activation of p53Qi Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Cancer Center, Tulane University School of Medicine, Louisiana, LA, USA
EMBO Mol Med 4:298-312. 2012..Hence, our study unearths INZ as a novel anti-cancer therapeutic candidate that inhibits SIRT1 activity and activates p53...
- Acute massive pulmonary thromboembolism associated with risperidone and conventional phenothiazinesYoshito Kamijo
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, School of Medicine, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Circ J 67:46-8. 2003..More women than men were affected. In 5 cases, chlorpromazine and other phenothiazines had been prescribed, whereas in 2 cases, risperidone, a mixed serotonin 5HT(2A) and dopamine D(2) receptor ..
- Electrophoretic separations of twelve phenothiazines and N-demethyl derivatives by using capillary zone electrophoresis and micellar electrokinetic chromatography with non ionic surfactantD C Le
UMR 6180 Chirotechnologies Catalyse et Biocatalyse, Université Aix Marseille III, Faculté des Sciences et Techniques St Jérôme, 13397 Marseille Cedex 07, France
J Chromatogr A 1063:235-40. 2005We focused our work on the separation of phenothiazines that are important drugs used for the treatment of psychic diseases...
- Determination of selected phenothiazines in human plasma by solid-phase extraction and liquid chromatography with coulometric detectionMaria Addolorata Saracino
Laboratory of Pharmaco Toxicological Analysis, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Bologna, Via Belmeloro 6, I 40126 Bologna, Italy
Anal Chim Acta 624:308-16. 2008..chromatography with coulometric detection, has been developed and applied to the determination of selected phenothiazines (chlorpromazine, promazine, fluphenazine and levomepromazine) in human plasma...
- Photodynamic inactivation of Bacillus spores, mediated by phenothiazinium dyesTatiana N Demidova
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:6918-25. 2005..The relatively mild conditions needed for spore killing could have applications for treating wounds contaminated by anthrax spores, for which conventional sporicides would have unacceptable tissue toxicity...
- Extractive-spectrophotometric determination of some phenothiazines with dipicrylamine and picric acidEwa Regulska
Department of Chemistry, Technical University of Bialystok, Zamenhofa 29, 15 435, Bialystok, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 27:335-40. 2002..The relative standard deviation (RSD) is less than 0.8%...
- DNA adopts normal B-form upon incorporation of highly fluorescent DNA base analogue tC: NMR structure and UV-Vis spectroscopy characterizationK Cecilia Engman
Department of Chemistry, Goteborg University, PO Box 462, SE 40530 Gothenburg, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 32:5087-95. 2004..This first example of an artificial, highly fluorescent DNA base that does not perturb the DNA conformation could have valuable applications for the study of the structure and dynamics of nucleic acid systems...
- Risk of ovarian cancer according to use of antidepressants, phenothiazines, and benzodiazepines (United States)P F Coogan-
Slone Epidemiology Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, Brookline, MA 02446, USA
Cancer Causes Control 11:839-45. 2000....
- Consideration of use of phenothiazines in particular trifluorperazine for epidermal growth factor receptor associated cancersRichard E Kast
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, 2 Church Street, Burlington, VT 05401, United States
Med Hypotheses 69:1074-5. 2007Papers from a generation ago suggested that phenothiazines--in particular trifluorperazine (Stelazine) a medicinal approved by the FDA and still commonly used for schizophrenia--downregulate the epidermal growth factor receptor...
- Phenothiazines induce apoptosis in a B16 mouse melanoma cell line and attenuate in vivo melanoma tumor growthIrit Gil-Ad
Laboratory of Biological Psychiatry, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Oncol Rep 15:107-12. 2006b>Phenothiazines and related antipsychotics were reported to have an antiproliferative effect in several tissue cultures...
- Extractive-spectrophotometric determination of some 2- and 10-disubstituted phenothiazines with dipicrylamineE Regulska
Department of Chemistry, , Poland
Acta Pol Pharm 58:151-5. 2001Dipicrylamine reacts in neutral medium with some 2,10-disubstituted phenothiazines (promazine, chlorpromazine and promethazine hydrochlorides, trifluoperazine dihydrochloride, thioproperazine dimethanosulphonate) forming orange or brown ..
- NMR-based characterization of phenothiazines as a RNA binding scaffoldMoriz Mayer
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 2280, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:4453-60. 2004b>Phenothiazines were identified by virtual screening as promising ligands for HIV-1 TAR RNA and A-site ribosomal RNA, and binding in each case was verified experimentally...
- Fluorescent properties of DNA base analogue tC upon incorporation into DNA--negligible influence of neighbouring bases on fluorescence quantum yieldPeter Sandin
Physical Chemistry Section, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Chalmers University of Technology, SE 41296 Gothenburg, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 33:5019-25. 2005..This makes tC unique as a fluorescent base analogue and is thus highly interesting in a range of applications for studying e.g. structure, dynamics and kinetics in nucleic acid systems...
- Application of potassium dichromate and iron-thiocyanate in the spectrophotometric investigations of phenothiazinesK Basavaiah
Department of Studies in Chemistry, University of Mysore, India
Farmaco 56:579-85. 2001A spectrophotometric procedure for the determination of phenothiazines in pure form and in a number of their pharmaceutical preparations has been developed that offers the advantages of simplicity, accuracy, precision and sensitivity over ..
- The metabolism of the piperazine-type phenothiazine neuroleptic perazine by the human cytochrome P-450 isoenzymesJacek Wojcikowski
Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Pharmacology, Smetna 12, 31 343, Cracow, Poland
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:199-208. 2004..CYP2C9, CYP2E1 CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 are engaged to a lesser degree in 5-sulphoxidation, while CYP1A2, CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 in perazine N-demethylation (6-10%, depending on the isoform)...
- Enhancement of antibiotic activity against poly-drug resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis by phenothiazinesM Viveiros
Mycobacteriology Unit, The Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Rua Junqueira 96, 1349-008, Lisbon, Portugal
Int J Antimicrob Agents 17:225-8. 2001b>Phenothiazines have been shown to inhibit the in vitro growth of multi-drug resistant (resistant to rifampicin and isoniazid) Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MDRTB)...
- Trypanosoma cruzi trypanothione reductase inhibitors: phenothiazines and related compounds modify experimental Chagas' disease evolutionH W Rivarola
Cátedra de Física Biomédica, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Santa Rosa 1085, 5000 Cordoba, Argentina
Curr Drug Targets Cardiovasc Haematol Disord 2:43-52. 2002..This enzyme has been isolated, purified and studied by X ray crystallography. Phenothiazines and related compounds inhibit trypanothione reductase and a specially favoured fit is a phenothiazine with a 2-..
- Efficient oxidizing agents for determination of 2,10-disubstituted phenothiazinesHelena Puzanowska-Tarasiewicz
Institute of Chemistry, University of Białystok, Hurtowa 1 Bialystok 15 399, Poland
Anal Sci 21:1149-53. 20052,10-Disubstituted phenothiazines are the best drugs in psychiatry. Several methods for their analysis have been reported in the literature. The official methods are based on non-aqueous titration or spectrophotometry...
- Phenothiazines as anti-multi-drug resistant tubercular agentsL Amaral
Unit of Mycobacteriology, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Rua da Junqueira 96, 1349 008 Lisboa, Portugal
Infect Disord Drug Targets 7:257-65. 2007..provide cogent in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo evidence that supports the use of a variety of commonly available phenothiazines for the therapy of MDRTB and XDRTB, especially when the prognosis of the infection is poor and the use of the ..
- Synergistic interaction between phenothiazines and antimicrobial agents against Burkholderia pseudomalleiYing Ying Chan
Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 8 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597, Singapore
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:623-30. 2007..pseudomallei. Antimicrobial agents that interacted synergistically with the phenothiazines include streptomycin, erythromycin, oleandomycin, spectinomycin, levofloxacin, azithromycin, and amoxicillin-..
- Cytotoxic potential of phenothiazinesNoboru Motohashi
Meiji Pharmaceutical University, 2 522 1 Noshio, Kiyose shi, Tokyo 204 8588, Japan
Curr Drug Targets 7:1055-66. 2006b>Phenothiazines, a kind of sulfur-containing tricyclic compounds, have diverse biological activities including tranquilizer, antibacterial, antitumor and antihelmintic activities due to the relatively lower cytotoxicity...
- Determination of lipid bilayer/water partition coefficient of new phenothiazines using the second derivative of absorption spectra methodAndrzej Poła
Department of Biophysics, Wrocław Medical University, ul Chalubinskiego 10, 50 368 Wroclaw, Poland
Eur J Pharm Sci 21:421-7. 2004..coefficients (K(p)) between lipid bilayer of phosphatidylcholine (PC) vesicles and buffer for five new phenothiazines were determined using the second derivatives of ultraviolet absorption spectra...
- The relative efficacy of phenothiazines for the treatment of acute migraine: a meta-analysisAnne Maree Kelly
Joseph Epstein Centre for Emergency Medicine Research at Western Health, St Albans, Vic, Australia
Headache 49:1324-32. 2009Ranges of agents are used in the emergency departments to treat migraine headache. Some experts suggest that phenothiazines are among the most effective; clinical trials have been small with varied results...
- Differential effect of phenothiazines on MRP1 and P-glycoprotein activityOlga Wesołowska
Department of Biophysics, Wrocław Medical University, Wrocław, Poland
In Vivo 23:943-7. 2009....
- Inhibition of drug efflux in mycobacteria with phenothiazines and other putative efflux inhibitorsLiliana Rodrigues
Grupo de Micobacterias, Unidade de Microbiologia Médica, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov 6:118-27. 2011....
- Chemical structure of phenothiazines and their biological activityAgata Jaszczyszyn
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Wrocław Medical University, Kochanowskiego 14, PL 51 601 Wrocław, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 64:16-23. 2012b>Phenothiazines belong to the oldest, synthetic antipsychotic drugs, which do not have their precursor in the world of natural compounds...
- Interactions of phenothiazines with lipid bilayer and their role in multidrug resistance reversalK Michalak
Department of Biophysics, Wroclaw Medical University, ul Chalubinskiego 10, 50 368, Wroclaw, Poland
Curr Drug Targets 7:1095-105. 2006..In this review we focus on phenothiazines which belong to the group of drugs known to modify MDR in different types of cells, from cancer cells up to ..
- Impact of oral dexamethasone versus placebo after ED treatment of migraine with phenothiazines on the rate of recurrent headache: a randomised controlled trialA M Kelly
Joseph Epstein Centre for Emergency Medicine Research at Western Health and The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Emerg Med J 25:26-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to compare the rate of recurrent headache in patients with migraine randomised to receive a single dose of oral dexamethasone or placebo at discharge after treatment in the ED with intravenous phenothiazine...
- Class-selective drug detection: fluorescently-labeled calmodulin as the biorecognition element for phenothiazines and tricyclic antidepressantsPhillip M Douglass
Department of Chemistry, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506 0055, USA
Bioconjug Chem 13:1186-92. 2002A small-scale, homogeneous, rapid sensing system for phenothiazines and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) has been developed by employing fluorescently labeled mutant calmodulin (CaM) as the recognition element...
- Effect of phenothiazines on protein kinase C- and calcium-dependent activation of peritoneal macrophagesV Hadjimitova
Department of Medical Physics and Biophysics, Medical University, Sofia, Bulgaria
Cell Biol Toxicol 19:3-12. 2003The effects of some phenothiazines (promethazine, PMZ; chlorpromazine, CPZ; levomepromazine, LVPZ; thioridazine, TRDZ; trifluoperazine, TFPZ) on the activation and viability of rat peritoneal macrophages were investigated...
- Kinetics and thermodynamics of peroxidase- and laccase-catalyzed oxidation of N-substituted phenothiazines and phenoxazinesJ Kulys
Institute of Biochemistry, Vilnius, Lithuania
J Biol Inorg Chem 5:333-40. 2000Steady-state and single-turnover kinetics for the oxidation of the N-substituted phenothiazines (PTs) and phenoxazines (POs) catalyzed by fungal Coprinus cinereus peroxidase and Polyporus pinsitus laccase were investigated at pH 4-10...
- Pharmacological characterisation of the human small conductance calcium-activated potassium channel hSK3 reveals sensitivity to tricyclic antidepressants and antipsychotic phenothiazinesG C Terstappen
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Unit, GlaxoWellcome Medicines Research Centre, Via A Fleming 4, 37135 Verona, Italy
Neuropharmacology 40:772-83. 2001..Tricyclic antidepressants such as desipramine, imipramine and nortriptyline as well as phenothiazines such as fluphenazine, promethazine, chlorpromazine and trifluoperazine blocked the hSK3 channel with ..
- Antipsychotic medication dispensing and associated odds ratios of death in elderly veterans and war widows, 2001Jean Hollis
School of Psychology, Psychology Clinic, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 40:981-6. 2006..To explore the odds ratios (ORs) of death associated with antipsychotic (AP) medications dispensed to elderly subjects...
- Excited-state properties and in vitro phototoxicity studies of three phenothiazine derivativesFausto Elisei
Department of Chemistry, University of Perugia, Italy
Photochem Photobiol 75:11-21. 2002..In particular, the photophysical properties of the compounds under investigation and the results of the study on their phototoxicity are in agreement with a mechanism that involves the radical cation of the drugs as a main intermediate...
- In vitro phototoxicity of phenothiazines: involvement of stable UVA photolysis products formed in aqueous mediumG Miolo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Padova, Via F Marzolo 5, I 35131 Padova, Italy
Chem Res Toxicol 19:156-63. 2006..an in vitro evaluation of the phototoxic potential of stable photoproducts formed by UVA photolysis of three phenothiazines, perphenazine, fluphenazine, and thioridazine, in a water environment...
- No effect of the CYP1A2*1F genotype on thioridazine, mesoridazine, sulforidazine plasma concentrations in psychiatric patientsPedro Dorado
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:527-8. 2007
- [Psychopharmaceuticals and arrhythmias]C Binggeli
HerzKreislaufZentrum, Kardiologie, DIM, Universitatsspital Zurich
Ther Umsch 61:279-83. 2004..Among psychotrophic drugs the low-potency phenothiazines have most often been implicated, particularly thioridazine...
- Phenothiazine radicals inactivate Trypanosoma cruzi dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase: enzyme protection by radical scavengersJosé Gutiérrez-Correa
Bioenergetics Research Centre, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155, 1121 Bueno Aires, Argentina
Free Radic Res 37:281-91. 2003..The role of the observed effects of PTZ radicals for PTZ cytotoxicity is discussed...
- Inactivation of cholinesterase induced by chlorpromazine cation radicalsSanae Muraoka
Department of Biology, Hokkaido College of Pharmacy, Katuraoka cho 7 1, Otaru 047 0264, Japan
Pharmacol Toxicol 92:100-4. 2003..These results suggest that phenothiazine cation radicals participate in toxicological signs caused by the drugs...
- History of the discovery and clinical introduction of chlorpromazineFrancisco López-Muñoz
Neuropsychopharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Ann Clin Psychiatry 17:113-35. 2005..The historical process of discovery and clinical introduction of chlorpromazine, one of the greatest advances of 20th century medicine and history of psychiatry, is analyzed...
- Investigating the post-chemiluminescence behavior of phenothiazine medications in the luminol-potassium ferricyanide system: molecular imprinting-post-chemiluminescence method for the determination of chlorpromazine hydrochlorideWeifen Niu
School of Chemistry and Materials Science, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an, 710062, PR China
Anal Bioanal Chem 385:153-60. 2006..0 x 10(-7) g/ml chlorpromazine hydrochloride solution was 4.0% (n = 11). The method has been applied to the determination of chlorpromazine hydrochloride in urine and animal drinking water with satisfactory results...
- Self-assembling of phenothiazine compounds investigated by small-angle X-ray scattering and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopyLeandro R S Barbosa
Instituto de Fisica da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Cx Postal 66318, CEP 05315 970 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Phys Chem B 112:4261-9. 2008..Besides that, at pH 6.5 the differences in motional restriction observed between 5- and 16-DSA are small, which is different from that observed for aqueous surfactant micelles...
- Management of opioid-induced gastrointestinal effects in patients receiving palliative careChristopher M Herndon
School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:240-50. 2002..Common agents administered for nausea are butyrophenones, phenothiazines, metoclopramide, and serotonin-receptor antagonists...
- Effect of organic modifiers on retention and enantiomeric separations by capillary electrophoresis with human serum albumin as a chiral selector in solutionA Ahmed
Department of Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Chromatogr A 766:237-44. 1997....
- [Drug-induced parkinsonism]Yasushi Shiio
Department of Neurology, Toranomon Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 65:377-81. 2007
- Primary steps of the photochemical reactions of 2-cyano-10-(3-[dimethylamino, N-oxide]-2-methylpropyl)-5-oxide-phenothiazine, the photoproduct of cyamemazine, a phototoxic neuroleptic: comparison with the sulfoxideFrancisco Bosca
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, 46022, Valencia, Spain
Photochem Photobiol Sci 5:336-42. 2006..6 and 2.4 x 10(6) M(-1) s(-1), respectively. In buffer, P and S triplet states react with tryptophan, indole and cysteine at rate constants of the order of 10(9) M(-1) s(-1) for Trp and indole and 10(8) M(-1) s(-1) for Cys...
- Partition of N-monodemethylated phenothiazine drugs to phosphatidylcholine bilayer vesicles studied by second-derivative spectrophotometryShigehiko Takegami
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, 5 Nakauchicho, Misasagi, Yamashina ku, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
J Pharm Sci 91:1568-72. 2002The partition coefficients (Kps) of three N-monodemethylated metabolites of phenothiazines (chlorpromazine (CPZ), triflupromazine, and promazine) between phosphatidylcholine (PC) vesicles (SUV) and water were determined to evaluate their ..
- Contrasting action of flavonoids on phototoxic effects induced in human skin fibroblasts by UVA alone or UVA plus cyamemazine, a phototoxic neurolepticPaulo Filipe
RDDM Photobiologie, Museum national d histoire naturelle, Case Postale 26, 43 rue Cuvier, 75231, Paris Cedex 05, France
Photochem Photobiol Sci 4:420-8. 2005..Furthermore such contrasting pro-versus anti-oxidant effects have to be taken into account when using flavonoid mixtures of plant extracts...
- In vitro human plasma leucine(5)-enkephalin degradation is inhibited by a select number of drugs with the phenothiazine molecule in their chemical structureAron D Mosnaim
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Finch University of Health Sciences, Chicago Medical School, Chicago, Ill, USA
Pharmacology 67:6-13. 2003..However, neither the phenothiazines ethopropazine, methotrimeprazine, prochlorperazine and trifluoperazine nor the various commonly used ..
- Phenothiazine molecule provides the basic chemical structure for various classes of pharmacotherapeutic agentsAron D Mosnaim
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science The Chicago Medical School, N Chicago, IL 60064, USA
Am J Ther 13:261-73. 2006..Synthetic phenothiazines (with aliphatic, methylpiperazine, piperazine-ethanol, piperazine-ethyl, or piperidine side-chain) and/or ..
- Photosensitization of DNA strand breaks by three phenothiazine derivativesGiampietro Viola
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Padova, via Marzolo 5 Padova, Italy
Chem Res Toxicol 16:644-51. 2003..Irradiation of supercoiled plasmid DNA in the presence of these phenothiazines leads to single strand breaks...
- A study on the bacterial photo-toxicity of phenothiazinium based photosensitisersZia Sayed
Department of Forensic and Investigative Science, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, PR1 2HE, England, UK
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 43:367-72. 2005..These combined results show DNA to be a major site of action of PhBPs and suggest that this action may involve type II attack on a nucleoside(s) other than guanosine...
- Charge separation in acridine- and phenothiazine-modified DNAKiyohiko Kawai
The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research SANKEN, Osaka University, Mihogaoka 8 1, Ibaraki, Osaka 567 0047, Japan
J Phys Chem B 112:2144-9. 2008....
- Effect of titanium dioxide on photostability of solid-state mequitazineKoichi Kakinoki
Formulation and Industrial Technology Lab, Taiho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd Tokushima 771 0194, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 53:1092-6. 2005..The photo-degradation of mequitazine with TiO(2) is a different process from mequitazine without TiO(2), because mequitazine-S-oxide and mequitazine-sulphone are not formed with normal photo-degradation of mequitazine...
- The oxidizing power of the glutathione thiyl radical as measured by its electrode potential at physiological pHEdyta Madej
University of Oxford, Gray Cancer Institute, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 462:94-102. 2007....
- Phenothiazinium-based photosensitizers: antibacterials of the future?David A Phoenix
Deans Office, Faculty of Science, University of Central Lancashire, Preston PR1 2HE, UK
Trends Mol Med 9:283-5. 2003
- Autonomous artificial nanomotor powered by sunlightVincenzo Balzani
Dipartimento di Chimica G Ciamician, Universita di Bologna, Via Selmi 2, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:1178-83. 2006..e., fluid solution at ambient temperature); and (vii) it is stable for at least 10(3) cycles...
- [Psychotropic drugs used in a psychiatric hospital (pharmaco-epidemiologic aspects)]V N Kozyrev
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 103:25-32. 2003..Normothymics may be assigned to essentially less part of the patients and 18% of them need nootropics that is consistent with routine practice...
- Association of psychotropic drugs, prevalence of denture-related stomatitis and oral candidosisV S Lucas
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, United Medical School, Guy's Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:313-6. 1993..9% compared with 17.6% of the controls; 4) cigarette smoking, sugar consumption and a poor standard of denture hygiene were more common in the psychiatric patients than in the controls...
- Maternal use of antipsychotics in early pregnancy and delivery outcomeMargareta Reis
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:279-88. 2008..Because there seems to be little drug specificity, it is possible that underlying pathology or unidentified confounding explains the excess risk...
- Affinity of cyamemazine metabolites for serotonin, histamine and dopamine receptor subtypesAmine Benyamina
INSERM U669, Hôpital Universitaire Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Eur J Pharmacol 578:142-7. 2008..Further investigation is required to see if the high affinities of cyamemazine sulfoxide for H(1) and 5-HT(2A) receptors are of therapeutic benefit against sleep onset insomnia and/or sleep maintenance insomnia respectively...
- Inhibitory effect of antipsychotic drugs on the Con A- and LPS-induced proliferative activity of mouse splenocytes: a possible mechanism of actionA Basta-Kaim
Laboratory of Immunoendocrinology, Department of Experimental Neuroendocrinology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:247-64. 2006..Inhibition of the proliferative capability of splenocytes by chlorpromazine and clozapine resulted mainly from the activation of PI3-K/Akt pathway...
- Effects of phenothiazine neuroleptics on the rate of caffeine demethylation and hydroxylation in the rat liverW A Daniel
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences,
Pol J Pharmacol 53:615-21. 2001..The CYP3A2 inhibition was most pronounced. (Ki = 20-40 microM)...
- Comparing adherence to and persistence with antipsychotic therapy among patients with bipolar disorderMariam Hassan
Health and Outcomes Research, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, Wilmington, DE, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:1812-8. 2007..Medication nonadherence is a significant problem among patients with bipolar disorder...
- Metabolic effects of the atypical antipsychoticsJames Wooten
South Med J 100:771-2. 2007
- The transcriptional responses of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to inhibitors of metabolism: novel insights into drug mechanisms of actionHelena I M Boshoff
Tuberculosis Research Section, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
J Biol Chem 279:40174-84. 2004..were validated biochemically for two agents of previously uncategorized mechanism, pyridoacridones and phenothiazines. Analysis of this data set further revealed 150 underlying clusters of coordinately regulated genes offering ..
- [Prevalence and type of dermatologic disorders in psychiatric patients treated with psychotropic drugs]Ewa Murak-Kozanecka
Ze Specjalistycznego Psychiatrycznego ZOZ Szpital im J Babińskiego w Łodzi
Psychiatr Pol 38:491-505. 2004....
- [Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, Heidenhain variant: case report with MRI (DWI) findings]Walter Oleschko Arruda
Instituto de Neurologia de Curitiba, Curitiba, PR, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 62:347-52. 2004..She remained clinically stable and under use of chlorpromazine and mepacrine until she died due to pulmonary complications on April, 2003...
- Antipsychotics-induced hypersensitivity of visual perceptionHiroyuki Uchida
Eur Psychiatry 21:343-4. 2006
- Interaction between cardiac calsequestrin and drugs with known cardiotoxicityIl Yeong Park
264 Fulmer, School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 4660, USA
Mol Pharmacol 67:97-104. 2005....
- Transient ST segment elevation in right precordial leads induced by psychotropic drugs: relationship to the Brugada syndromeF Rouleau
, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire d'Angers, France
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 12:61-5. 2001..Flecainide did not reproduce ST segment elevation. The relationship of these abnormalities to the Brugada syndrome and the electrophysiologic hypothesis are discussed...
- [Acute Datura stramonium poisoning in an emergency department]Bernard Marc
Urgences Médico Judiciaires, Centre Hospitalier, Compiegne
Presse Med 36:1399-403. 2007..e., atropine and scopolamine) is close to the level at which delirium occurs...
- O-RECEPTOR PSYCHOTOMIMETICS: ACTIONS ON SINGLE NEURONSJohn Williams; Fiscal Year: 1992..Compounds that have high affinity for this site such as haloperidol, phenothiazines and even SKF10047, have interactions with other receptors making it difficult to accurately assess the ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF EXCITABLE MEMBRANESBRUCE KRUEGER; Fiscal Year: 1991..Specific binding by phenothiazines and charybdotoxin will be used to develop a strategy for channel purification...
- VIRUS PHOTOINACTIVATION--DIMETHYLMETHYLENE BLUE IN RBCStephen Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Urban Form on Exercise and BMI in Black WomenPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study has the potential to provide such evidence and to impact policy in the domains of both transportation/urban planning and public health. ..
- Mood Disorders & Diabetes: Common Disease MechanismsWILLIAM REGENOLD; Fiscal Year: 2005..S. Such treatments could have the potential not only to provide symptom relief but also to repair and prevent the brain disease contributing to treatment resistance. ..
- P-Glycoprotein and Disposition of PsychostimulantsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- STRUCTURE AND GENESIS OF TAU FILAMENTSJeff Kuret; Fiscal Year: 2009..Together, these data will clarify the molecular events accompanying fibrillization, and feasibility of antagonizing and even reversing early stage tau filament formation in vivo. ..
- STRUCTURE, FUNCTION, AND REGULATION OF CASEIN KINASE-1Jeff Kuret; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, a complete understanding of protein kinase structure and inhibitor selectivity will speed the rational development of protein kinase-selective inhibitors with potentially useful therapeutic properties. ..
- Screening Herbs for Drug InteractionsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..Further, the proposed studies will complement existing and future NCCAM studies of agents such as St. John's wort and Gingko biloba. ..
- Materials for Sensing & ActuationSylvia Daunert; Fiscal Year: 2004..These biologically inspired materials will be built into novel nanofabricated structures as to synergistically enable new devices/material with unprecedented properties. ..
- Combined Chemoprevention Using a Nanotechnology-based Therapeutic SystemSunil Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Development of 4-HydroperoxyifosfamideLEE MORGAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ginkgo biloba for ECT-induced Memory DeficitsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..will utilize larger groups and additional cognitive tests will be incorporated to provide more definitive conclusions regarding efficacy, optimal dose and duration, persistence of effects, and safety and tolerability ..
- DRUGS OF ABUSE: CHRONIC INTERACTIONS AND BEHAVIORDONALD MCMILLAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF STATIN USE AND LARGE BOWEL CANCERPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. men and women are high, an inverse association would be of considerable public health importance. Moreover, it would shed light on a mechanism of colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Camptothecin Analogs for Cancer TherapyLEE MORGAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Prior to the latter, DEKK-TEC proposes screening the analogs in a wide spectrum of tumor models to insure the best cancer applications for the products. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DERIVATIVES OF DEMETHYLPENCLOMEDINE:ANTICANCER AGENTSLEE MORGAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..