Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inorganic or organic compounds that contain sulfur as an integral part of the molecule.
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- Intra- and extra-oral halitosis: finding of a new form of extra-oral blood-borne halitosis caused by dimethyl sulphideAlbert Tangerman
Department of Periodontology, Academic Centre Oral Health, University Medical Centre, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Periodontol 34:748-55. 2007..The aim of this study was to unravel the origen and cause of intra-oral and extra-oral halitosis...
- Comparison of volatile sulfur compound concentrations measured with a sulfide detector vs. gas chromatographyJ Furne
The Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, MN 55417, USA
J Dent Res 81:140-3. 2002The accuracy of the Halimeter, an inexpensive, simple instrument that measures total breath volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs), has not been adequately tested...
- Transformation of sulfur compounds by an abundant lineage of marine bacteria in the alpha-subclass of the class ProteobacteriaJ M Gonzalez
Department of Marine Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:3810-9. 1999..seawater and sediments were characterized with respect to their ability to transform organic and inorganic sulfur compounds. Fifteen strains representing the Roseobacter group (a phylogenetic cluster of marine bacteria in the alpha-..
- Sulfur and sulfur compounds in plant defenceIfeanyi D Nwachukwu
Department of Plant Physiology Bio III, RWTH, Aachen University, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Nat Prod Commun 7:395-400. 2012..As studies continue in this area, it is becoming increasingly evident that sulfur and sulfur compounds play far more important roles in plant defence than perhaps previously suspected.
- Expression and functional roles of Bradyrhizobium japonicum genes involved in the utilization of inorganic and organic sulfur compounds in free-living and symbiotic conditionsMasayuki Sugawara
Department of Soil Water and Climate, University of Minnesota, St Paul, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 24:451-7. 2011..These results indicate that strains of Bradyrhizobium spp. likely use organosulfur compounds for growth and survival in soils, as well as for legume nodulation and nitrogen fixation...
- Stability of odorants from pig production in sampling bags for olfactometryMichael J Hansen
Department of Biosystems Engineering, Aarhus University, Tjele, Denmark
J Environ Qual 40:1096-102. 2011..experiment, the bags were filled with a humid gas mixture containing carboxylic acids, phenols, indoles, and sulfur compounds and analyzed with proton-transfer-reaction mass spectrometry after 0, 4, 8, 12, and 24 h...
- The effects of garlic-derived sulfur compounds on cell proliferation, caspase 3 activity, thiol levels and anaerobic sulfur metabolism in human hepatoblastoma HepG2 cellsMałgorzata Iciek
Medical College of Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Cell Biochem Funct 30:198-204. 2012The aim of the present studies was to determine whether the mechanism of biological action of garlic-derived sulfur compounds in human hepatoma (HepG2) cells can be dependent on the presence of labile sulfane sulfur in their molecules...
- Production of methanethiol and volatile sulfur compounds by the archaeon "Ferroplasma acidarmanus"David J Baumler
Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 53706, USA
Extremophiles 11:841-51. 2007..acidarmanus" produces methanethiol through the metabolism of methionine, cysteine, or sulfate. This is the first report of a methanethiol-producing acidophile, thus identifying a new contributor to the global sulfur cycle...
- The averaging effect of odorant mixing as determined by air dilution sensory tests: a case study on reduced sulfur compoundsKi Hyun Kim
Atmospheric Environment Laboratory, Department of Environment and Energy, Sejong University, Seoul 143 747, Korea
Sensors (Basel) 11:1405-17. 2011..of mixing different odorants, a series of air dilution sensory (ADS) tests were conducted using four reduced sulfur compounds [RSC: hydrogen sulfide (H(2)S), methanethiol (CH(3)SH), dimethylsulfide (DMS), and dimethyldisulfide (DMDS)] ..
- Effect of reduced sulfur compounds on the fermentation of phosphoric acid pretreated sugarcane bagasse by ethanologenic Escherichia coliI U Nieves
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Box 110700, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Bioresour Technol 102:5145-52. 2011The addition of reduced sulfur compounds (thiosulfate, cysteine, sodium hydrosulfite, and sodium metabisulfite) increased growth and fermentation of dilute acid hydrolysate of sugarcane bagasse by ethanologenic Escherichia coli (strains ..
- Formation of volatile sulfur compounds and metabolism of methionine and other sulfur compounds in fermented foodSophie Landaud
AgroParisTech INRA, INRA Centre de Biotechnologies Agro Industrielles, 78850, Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:1191-205. 2008The formation of volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) in fermented food is a subject of interest...
- The genome sequence of the obligately chemolithoautotrophic, facultatively anaerobic bacterium Thiobacillus denitrificansHarry R Beller
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, P O Box 808, L 542, Livermore, California 94551 0808, USA
J Bacteriol 188:1473-88. 2006..e., those involving sulfur, nitrogen, and carbon) and groundwater restoration...
- Effects of oil drops containing Lactobacillus salivarius WB21 on periodontal health and oral microbiota producing volatile sulfur compoundsNao Suzuki
Section of General Dentistry, Department of General Dentistry, Fukuoka Dental College, Tamura, Sawara ku, Fukuoka, Japan
J Breath Res 6:017106. 2012..drops containing Lactobacillus salivarius WB21 on periodontal health and oral microbiota producing volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs). For this study, 42 subjects were randomly assigned to receive oil samples containing L...
- The levels of volatile sulfur compounds in mouth air from patients with chronic periodontitisC C Tsai
Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, College of Dental Medicine and Chung Ho Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Periodontal Res 43:186-93. 2008Volatile sulfur compounds may be the main source of oral malodor...
- Involvement of a branched-chain aminotransferase in production of volatile sulfur compounds in Yarrowia lipolyticaDaniela Cernat Bondar
INRA, Unité Mixte de Recherches Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, CBAI, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:4585-91. 2005The enzymatic degradation of L-methionine and the subsequent formation of volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) are essential for the development of the typical flavor in cheese...
- A study of sorptive loss patterns for reduced sulfur compounds in the use of the bag sampling methodKi Hyun Kim
Atmospheric Environment Laboratory, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Sejong University, Seoul, Korea
Environ Monit Assess 123:259-69. 2006..bag sampling method were examined and characterized in terms of recovery rate with respect to four reduced sulfur compounds (RSC) including H2S, CH3SH, DMS, and DMDS...
- Effects of reduced sulfur compounds on Pd-catalytic hydrodechlorination of trichloroethylene in groundwater by cathodic H2 under electrochemically induced oxidizing conditionsSonghu Yuan
State Key Lab of Biogeology and Environmental Geology, China University of Geosciences, 388 Lumo Road, Wuhan, Hubei, 430074, P R China
Environ Sci Technol 47:10502-9. 2013Reduced sulfur compounds (RSCs) poison Pd catalysts for catalytic hydrodechlorination of contaminants in anoxic groundwater...
- Stoichiometric modeling of oxidation of reduced inorganic sulfur compounds (Riscs) in Acidithiobacillus thiooxidansRoberto A Bobadilla Fazzini
Biosigma S A, Loteo Los Libertadores, Lote 106, Colina, Chile
Biotechnol Bioeng 110:2242-51. 2013The prokaryotic oxidation of reduced inorganic sulfur compounds (RISCs) is a topic of utmost importance from a biogeochemical and industrial perspective...
- Prediction of periodontopathic bacteria in dental plaque of periodontal healthy subjects by measurement of volatile sulfur compounds in mouth airMitsuo Kishi
Department of Developmental Oral Health Science, Division of Oral Health, Iwate Medical University School of Dentistry, Morioka, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 58:324-30. 2013The aim of this study was to determine whether measurements of volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) are useful to predict colonization of periodontopathic bacteria...
- Modulation of histone acetylation by garlic sulfur compoundsNathalie Druesne-Pecollo
UMR U INSERM, Universite Paris, Bobigny, France
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 11:254-9. 2011..The aim of this review is to describe available data on sulfur compounds from garlic and histone acetylation and to discuss their potential for cancer prevention...
- Sulfur metabolism in phototrophic sulfur bacteriaNiels Ulrik Frigaard
Copenhagen Biocenter, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Adv Microb Physiol 54:103-200. 2009Phototrophic sulfur bacteria are characterized by oxidizing various inorganic sulfur compounds for use as electron donors in carbon dioxide fixation during anoxygenic photosynthetic growth...
- A review of methods for the determination of reduced sulfur compounds (RSCs) in airSudhir Kumar Pandey
Atmospheric Environment Laboratory, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Sejong University, Seoul 143 747, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 43:3020-9. 2009The importance of reduced sulfur compounds (RSCs) in air is well-known for its significant effect on global atmospheric chemistry and malodor and quality of life...
- Observation of sorptive losses of volatile sulfur compounds during natural gas samplingMichael Sulyok
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
J Chromatogr A 946:301-5. 2002The reason for the compound-dependent over-estimation of the recoveries of several volatile organic sulfur compounds when using a Silcosteel cylinder for sample storage as reported earlier was examined...
- Effect of chewing gums on the production of volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) in vivoCassiano K Rösing
Lutheran University of Brazil, Brazil
Acta Odontol Latinoam 22:11-4. 2009..It can be concluded that VSC production is diminished after chewing gum and that the use of chewing gums reduces temporarily the VSC production enhanced by cysteine rinses...
- Precursors and formation of pyrithione and other pyridyl-containing sulfur compounds in drumstick onion, Allium stipitatumRoman Kubec
Department of Applied Chemistry, University of South Bohemia, České Budějovice, Czech Republic
J Agric Food Chem 59:5763-70. 2011..This represents the first report of pyrithione formation as a natural product...
- Parallel microwave-assisted synthesis of ionic liquids and screening for denitrogenation of straight-run diesel feed by liquid-liquid extractionMiguel A Ceron
Programa de Ingenieria Moleculár Instituto Mexicano del Petroleoó Eje Central Lazaro Cardenas, D F Mexico
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 15:427-32. 2012....
- Sulfur-centered reactive intermediates derived from the oxidation of sulfur compounds of biological interestZ Abedinzadeh
Laboratoire de Chimie Physique, UMR 8601 CNRS, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 79:166-70. 2001..This paper discusses the present state of research on the formation and reactivity of certain sulfur-centered radicals [RS*, RSS*, RS*+, (RSSR)*+] and their implications for biological systems...
- Permanganate oxidation of sulfur compounds to prevent poisoning of Pd catalysts in water treatment processesDalia Angeles-Wedler
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department of Environmental Technology, Permoserstrasse 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 42:5734-9. 2008..The practical application of Pd-catalyzed water treatment processes is impeded by catalyst poisoning by reduced sulfur compounds (RSCs)...
- An exported rhodanese-like protein is induced during growth of Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans in metal sulfides and different sulfur compoundsPablo Ramirez
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology and Millennium Institute for Advanced Studies in Cell Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Chile, Santiago
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:1837-45. 2002..ferrooxidans...
- Chemical properties and mechanisms determining the anti-cancer action of garlic-derived organic sulfur compoundsClaudia Cerella
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire de Cancer, Hopital Kirchberg, Luxemburg, Germany
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 11:267-71. 2011Organic sulfur compounds (OSCs) derived from plants, fungi or bacteria can serve as chemopreventive and/or chemotherapeutic agents and have been attracting medical and research interest as a promising source for novel anti-cancer agents...
- Modulation of volatile sulfur compounds by wine yeastJ H Swiegers
The Australian Wine Research Institute, PO Box 197, Glen Osmond, SA 5064 Adelaide, Australia
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 74:954-60. 2007b>Sulfur compounds in wine can be a 'double-edged sword'...
- Microbial cycling of volatile organic sulfur compoundsB P Lomans
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cell Mol Life Sci 59:575-88. 2002Microbial cycling of volatile organic sulfur compounds (VOSCs), especially dimethyl sulfide (DMS) and methanethiol (MT), is intensively studied because these compounds play an important role in the processes of global warming, acid ..
- Specificity of respiratory pathways involved in the reduction of sulfur compounds by Salmonella entericaAndrew P Hinsley
Centre for Metalloprotein Spectroscopy and Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
Microbiology 148:3631-8. 2002..Mechanisms are proposed by which the bacterium is able to utilize an insoluble sulfur substrate by means of reactions at the cytoplasmic rather than the outer membrane...
- Mechanisms by which garlic and allyl sulfur compounds suppress carcinogen bioactivation. Garlic and carcinogenesisJ A Milner
Nutrition Department, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, 16802, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 492:69-81. 2001..Future research should focus on how genetic variability and daily environmental factors influence the anticancer benefits attributed to garlic and its allyl sulfur components...
- Evaluation of oral and nasal halitosis parameters in patients with repaired cleft lip and/or palateFlávio Monteiro-Amado
Hospital for Rehabilitation of Craniofacial Anomalies, Universidade of São Paulo, and Master of Science in Stomatology by Bauru Dental School, Universidade of São Paulo, Bauru, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 100:682-7. 2005..The objective of this study was to investigate the relationship between halitosis parameters in patients with and without cleft lip and/or palate...
- Detection of odorous compounds in breathS Van den Velde
Department of Periodontology, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Dent Res 88:285-9. 2009..We concluded that hydrogen sulfide, methyl mercaptan and, to a much lesser extent, dimethyl sulfide, di- and trisulfide can contribute to oral malodor. The role of other compounds, such as amines and organic acids, seems insignificant...
- Effect of nitrogen supplementation and Saccharomyces species on hydrogen sulfide and other volatile sulfur compounds in shiraz fermentation and wineMaurizio Ugliano
The Australian Wine Research Institute, Glen Osmond, South Australia, Australia
J Agric Food Chem 57:4948-55. 2009..Hydrogen sulfide (H(2)S) was monitored throughout fermentation, and a total of 16 volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) were quantified in the finished wines. For the S...
- Identification and biosynthesis of tropone derivatives and sulfur volatiles produced by bacteria of the marine Roseobacter cladeVerena Thiel
Institut fur Organische Chemie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Hagenring 30, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Org Biomol Chem 8:234-46. 2010..The unstable tropone hydrate 42 was identified as an intermediate of the tropone biosynthesis that was also released together with tropolone (38)...
- Development of a compact and simple gas chromatography for oral malodor measurementTakatoshi Murata
Department of Oral Health, Nippon Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Periodontol 77:1142-7. 2006Volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) in oral air are the only type of gases correlated with the strength of oral malodor...
- [Oxidation of inorganic sulfur compounds by obligatory organotrophic bacteria]D Iu Sorokin
Institute of Microbiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, pr 60 let Oktyabrya 7 2, Moscow, 117312 Russia
Mikrobiologiia 72:725-39. 2003..Among culturable marine and (halo)alkaliphilic heterotrophs oxidizing sulfur compounds (thiosulfate and, much less actively, elemental sulfur and sulfide) incompletely to tetrathionate, ..
- Effects of selected organo-sulfur compounds on melanin formationHeuy Ling Chu
Department of Food Science and Technology, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, 60 Erh Jen Road, Section 1, Pao An, Jen Te Hsing, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 57:7072-7. 2009The effect of organo-sulfur compounds, including 1-propylmercaptan (PM), dimethyl disulfide (DMDS), diallyl disulfide (DADS), propyl disulfide (PDS), and 2,5-dimethylthiophene (DMT), on melanin formation was investigated...
- Influence of anxiety on the production of oral volatile sulfur compoundsCaroline Morini Calil
Department of Physiological Sciences, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Life Sci 79:660-4. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of anxiety on the production of volatile sulfur compounds (VSC)...
- Differential protein expression during growth of Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans on ferrous iron, sulfur compounds, or metal sulfidesPablo Ramirez
Laboratorio de Microbiología Molecular y Biotecnología, Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:4491-8. 2004..The first consisted of proteins highly upregulated by growth on sulfur compounds (and downregulated by growth on ferrous iron): a 44-kDa outer membrane protein, an exported 21-kDa putative ..
- On the transformation of sulfur-containing amino acids and peptides to volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) in the human mouthS M Waler
Dental Faculty, University of Oslo, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 105:534-7. 1997Halitosis is most often caused by oral conditions. Volatile sulfur compounds (VSC), constituting the major components of oral malodor, are produced by anaerobic, gram-negative bacteria retained mainly in periodontal pockets or on the ..
- Comparison of the use of the Halimeter and the Oral Chroma™ in the assessment of the ability of common cultivable oral anaerobic bacteria to produce malodorous volatile sulfur compounds from cysteine and methionineNathanael O Salako
Department of Developmental and Preventive Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Health Sciences Centre, Kuwait University, Jabriya, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 20:75-9. 2011To compare the use of the Halimeter and the Oral Chroma™ to assess the ability of common oral anaerobic bacteria isolated from the Kuwaiti population to produce volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs).
- Effect of green tea on volatile sulfur compounds in mouth airParth Lodhia
Department of Oral Biological and Medical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 54:89-94. 2008..Many food products are claimed to be effective in controlling halitosis. Halitosis is caused mainly by volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) such as H(2)S and CH(3)SH produced in the oral cavity...
- Formation of aroma compounds and lipoxygenase (EC 22.214.171.124) activity in unblanched leek (Allium ampeloprasum Var. Bulga) slices during long-term frozen storageGhita Studsgaard Nielsen
Department of Dairy and Food Science, Centre of Advanced Food Studies, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Rolighedsvej 30, 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Agric Food Chem 51:1970-6. 2003..The aroma profile changed from consisting of almost only sulfur compounds such as dipropyl disulfide [concentration in fresh leek (FL) = 0...
- Novel pathway for catabolism of the organic sulfur compound 3,3'-dithiodipropionic acid via 3-mercaptopropionic acid and 3-Sulfinopropionic acid to propionyl-coenzyme A by the aerobic bacterium Tetrathiobacter mimigardefordensis strain DPN7Jan Hendrik Wübbeler
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, 48149 Munster, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:4028-35. 2008..Therefore, a new pathway is proposed for the catabolism of DTDP via 3MP, 3SP, and 3SP-CoA toward propionyl-CoA, which is then further catabolized via the 2-methylcitric acid cycle in T. mimigardefordensis...
- On the performance and inertness of different materials used for the enrichment of sulfur compounds from air and gaseous samplesE Baltussen
Eindhoven University of Technology, Laboratory of Instrumental Analysis, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 864:345-50. 1999..PDMS) is compared to that of the adsorbents Carbotrap and Tenax for the enrichment of volatile and reactive sulfur compounds. These included: 1- and 2-propanethiol, tetrahydrothiophene, 2-thioethanol and 2-ethylthioethanol...
- Applications of direct analysis in real time mass spectrometry (DART-MS) in Allium chemistry. 2-propenesulfenic and 2-propenesulfinic acids, diallyl trisulfane S-oxide, and other reactive sulfur compounds from crushed garlic and other AlliumsEric Block
Department of Chemistry, University at Albany, SUNY, Albany, New York 12222, USA
J Agric Food Chem 58:4617-25. 2010..Disulfanes and polysulfanes are detected only when the Allium samples are heated, consistent with earlier conclusions that these are not primary products from cut or crushed alliums...
- Protective effects of garlic sulfur compounds against DNA damage induced by direct- and indirect-acting genotoxic agents in HepG2 cellsC Belloir
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Unité Mixte de Recherche de Toxicologie Alimentaire, BP 86510, 17 rue Sully, 21065 Dijon Cedex, France
Food Chem Toxicol 44:827-34. 2006..This study demonstrated that garlic OSC displayed antigenotoxic activity in human metabolically competent cells...
- Biodesulfurization of refractory organic sulfur compounds in fossil fuelsMehran Soleimani
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, The University of Western Ontario London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5B9
Biotechnol Adv 25:570-96. 2007..sulfur removal at higher temperature, and isolating new strains for desulfurizing a broader range of sulfur compounds. This article comprehensively reviews and discusses key issues, advances and challenges for a competitive ..
- Investigation of the storage stability of selected volatile sulfur compounds in different sampling containersM Sulyok
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
J Chromatogr A 917:367-74. 2001..The Silcosteel sample cylinders were suitable for sampling of volatile sulfur compounds with respect to the stability of the analytes, but the recoveries exceeded 100% especially for the higher ..
- Regulation of a novel Acidithiobacillus caldus gene cluster involved in metabolism of reduced inorganic sulfur compoundsOlena I Rzhepishevska
Molecular Biology, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7367-72. 2007Acidithiobacillus caldus has been proposed to play a role in the oxidation of reduced inorganic sulfur compounds (RISCs) produced in industrial biomining of sulfidic minerals...
- Quantification of volatile sulfur compounds in complex gaseous matrices by solid-phase microextractionAnnika T Nielsen
Department of Water and Environmental Studies, Linkoping University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 963:57-64. 2002Procedures were assessed for quantifying nine volatile sulfur compounds found in complex gaseous samples collected at a biogas-production plant and a sewage treatment plant...
- Inhibition of orally produced volatile sulfur compounds by zinc, chlorhexidine or cetylpyridinium chloride--effect of concentrationAlix Young
Department of Cariology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 111:400-4. 2003..ions, chlorhexidine (CHX) and cetylpyridinium chloride (CPC) are all known to inhibit production of volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs). The objective was to examine the anti-VSC dose-response effects of each of the above agents...
- Some insights into the gas chromatographic determination of reduced sulfur compounds (RSCs) in airKi Hyun Kim
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Sejong University, Seoul, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 39:6765-9. 2005The analytical properties of four reduced sulfur compounds (RSCs), including hydrogen sulfide (H2S), methyl mercaptan (CH3SH), dimethyl sulfide (DMS), and dimethyl disulfide (DMDS), were investigated to improve the techniques for their ..
- Effect of triclosan dentifrices on mouth volatile sulphur compounds and dental plaque trypsin-like activity during experimental gingivitis developmentG R Nogueira-Filho
Department of Periodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Bahia Science Foundation, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
J Clin Periodontol 29:1059-64. 2002....
- The effect of cysteine on production of volatile sulphur compounds by cheese-ripening bacteriaM López del Castillo-Lozano
UMR 782, AgroParisTech, Laboratoire de Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Centre de Biotechnologies Agro Industrielles, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Int J Food Microbiol 122:321-7. 2008..An initial sensory approach showed that such an effect could have a strong impact on the global odour of ripened cheeses...
- Effect of different mouth rinses on third molar surgery-related oral malodorHidayet Burak Polat
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:e1-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess the effects of 4 types of widely used commercial mouth rinses on third molar surgery-related oral malodor...
- Relationship between total salivary protein content and volatile sulfur compounds levels in malodor patientsPraweena Sopapornamorn
Department of Oral Health Promotion, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 103:655-60. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relationship between total salivary protein and VSC levels...
- Contribution of periodontal pathogens on tongue dorsa analyzed with real-time PCR to oral malodorMuneo Tanaka
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Microbes Infect 6:1078-83. 2004..These results suggest that these five periodontal pathogens on tongue dorsa may contribute greatly to VSC production...
- The assessment of methyl mercaptan, an important clinical marker for the diagnosis of oral malodorS Awano
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Kyushu Dental College, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Dent 32:555-9. 2004..This study aimed to determine the clinical assessment of volatile sulfur compound (VSCs) for the evaluation of noticeable oral malodor using gas chromatography (GC)...
- Relationship between volatile sulphide compounds concentration and oral bacteria species detection in the elderlyHidenobu Senpuku
Laboratory Head, Department of Bacteriology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1 23 1, Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
Int Dent J 54:149-53. 2004..To evaluate the relationship between oral bacteria species detection and volatile sulphide compounds (VSC) concentration in the elderly...
- Electrochemical oxidation of 2-pyrimidinethiols and theoretical study of their dimers, disulfides, sulfenyl radicals, and tautomersFillmore Freeman
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 2025, USA
J Phys Chem A 112:1643-55. 2008..The APT, Mulliken (MPA), and NBO partial atomic charges are compared with the CHELPG and MKS charges that give the most consistent and similar results...
- Insoluble zinc, cupric and tin pyrophosphates inhibit the formation of volatile sulphur compoundsG Jonski
Oral Research Laboratory, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 112:429-32. 2004..Hence, the results support the experimental hypothesis. Sulphide ions are obviously very strong ligands for these metal ions...
- Prevalence of oral malodor and the relationship with habitual mouth breathing in childrenTakashi Kanehira
Department of Oral Health Science, Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Clin Pediatr Dent 28:285-8. 2004..Habitual mouth breathing was a factor contributing to oral malodor. Oral malodor was not significantly correlated with plaque index, history of caries or frequency of toothbrushing...
- Generation pattern of sulfur containing gases from anaerobically digested sludge cakesJohn T Novak
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061, USA
Water Environ Res 78:821-7. 2006..The main odor-causing chemicals were volatile sulfur compounds, which included hydrogen sulfide, methanethiol, and dimethyl sulfide...
- Comparison of ninhydrin method of detecting amine compounds with other methods of halitosis detectionK Iwanicka-Grzegorek
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Oral Dis 11:37-9. 2005..Therefore, statistical correlation between concentrations of volatile sulphur compounds (VSCs) and low-molecular-weight amines should be expected...
- Reaction mechanisms and kinetics for the oxidations of dimethyl sulfide, dimethyl disulfide, and methyl mercaptan by the nitrate radicalJustin Jee
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, California State University, Fullerton, 92834, USA
J Phys Chem A 110:7682-9. 2006This study examines the initial oxidation routes of the three major reduced sulfur compounds (CH(3)SH, CH(3)SCH(3), and CH(3)SSCH(3)) by the nitrate radical using density functional and ab initio methods...
- Cycling of volatile organic sulfur compounds in anaerobically digested biosolids and its implications for odorsMatthew J Higgins
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania 17837, USA
Water Environ Res 78:243-52. 2006..of this research were to elucidate the mechanisms for production and degradation of volatile organic sulfur compounds (VOSCs), key odor causing compounds produced by biosolids...
- Inhibitory effect of Weissella cibaria isolates on the production of volatile sulphur compoundsMi Sun Kang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea
J Clin Periodontol 33:226-32. 2006..The objective of this study was to characterize the inhibitory effects of Weissella cibaria isolates on volatile sulphur compounds (VSC) production both in vitro and in vivo...
- A review of the current literature on aetiology and measurement methods of halitosisAnnemiek M W T van den Broek
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Special Dental Care, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Dent 35:627-35. 2007..This work reviews the current knowledge of aetiology and measurement methods of halitosis...
- Use of a novel group of oral malodor measurements to evaluate an anti-oral malodor mouthrinse (TriOralTM) in humansDon P Codipilly
Department of Oral Biology and Pathology, State University of New York Stony Brook, NY, USA
J Clin Dent 15:98-104. 2004....
- A new portable sulfide monitor with a zinc-oxide semiconductor sensor for daily use and field studyNaoko Tanda
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Tohoku University Hospital, 4 1 Seiryo machi Aoba ku Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Dent 35:552-7. 2007..For measuring oral malodor in daily clinical practice and in field study, we developed and evaluated a highly sensitive portable monitor system...
- Oral malodor-related parameters in the Chinese general populationXue Nan Liu
Department of Oral Health Promotion, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Periodontol 33:31-6. 2006..To estimate the prevalence of halitosis in the Chinese population and to assess the relationships between halitosis and oral health, social and behavioural factors...
- Bad breath tied to tongueBernard Dixon
Lancet Infect Dis 5:672. 2005
- [Impact of smoking on the content of volatile sulfur compounds]Yi Jun Gao
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 29:492-3. 2004
- Association between oral malodor and measurements obtained using a new sulfide monitorPraweena Sopapornamorn
Department of Oral Health Promotion, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Tokyo, Japan
J Dent 34:770-4. 2006The purpose of this study was to evaluate the ability of a new volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) monitor to assess oral malodor in subjects and compare its performance with those of organoleptic testing and gas chromatography.
- Assessing the relationship between concentrations of malodor compounds and odor scores from judgesJohn Greenman
Centre for Research in Biomedicine, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of the West of England, Bristol, England
J Am Dent Assoc 136:749-57. 2005....
- Halitosis associated volatiles in breath of healthy subjectsSandra Van den Velde
Department of Periodontology, Catholic University of Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 33, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 853:54-61. 2007..Halitosis can have an intra- or extra-oral origin. In all cases, bad breath is caused by the presence of volatile organic compounds originating from the mouth or the expired air. They can be specific for certain diseases or infections...
- Clinical comparison of a new manual toothbrush on breath volatile sulfur compoundsMalcolm I Williams
Oral Care Advanced Technology, Colgate Palmolive Company Technology Center, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 25:22-7. 2004..and a battery-powered toothbrush (Crest SpinBrush PRO) for their ability to reduce overnight volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) associated with oral malodor. The study followed a four-period crossover design...
- Is transmission of bacteria that cause halitosis from pets to humans possible?E Iwanicka-Grzegorek
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Oral Dis 11:96-7. 2005..Therefore, the possible correlation between halitosis and regular contact of dental patients with pet animals was the aim of the presented study...
- Association among bad breath, body mass index, and alcohol intakeM Rosenberg
Department of Oral Biology, Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, School of Public Health, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Dent Res 86:997-1000. 2007..601; when introduced together with Halimeter and beta-galactosidase scores, the correlation rose to R = 0.843. The results suggest that alcohol intake and BMI may be factors that help predict oral malodor...
- Effect of a triclosan/PVM/MA copolymer/fluoride dentifrice on volatile sulfur compounds in vitroS Pilch
Advanced Technology Oral Care, Colgate Palmolive Company Technology Center, Piscataway, NJ 088855 1343, USA
Oral Dis 11:57-60. 2005..in vitro efficacy of a triclosan/PVM/MA copolymer/fluoride (TCF) dentifrice against the formation of volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) as well as the growth of H2S-producing bacteria...
- Quantification of trace volatile sulfur compounds in milk by solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography-pulsed flame photometric detectionP A Vazquez-Landaverde
Department of Food Science and Technology, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:2919-27. 2006Volatile sulfur compounds have been reported to be responsible for the sulfurous off-flavors generated during the thermal processing of milk; however, their analysis has been a challenge due to their high reactivity, high volatility, and ..
- Impact of mouthrinses on morning bad breath in healthy subjectsM D Carvalho
Department of Prosthodontics and Periodontics, Faculty of Dentistry of Piracicaba, University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
J Clin Periodontol 31:85-90. 2004..03% triclosan, 0.12% chlorhexidine gluconate, 0.05% cetylpyridinium chloride and essential oils) on morning breath when compared with a positive and a negative control...
- Simultaneous measurement of volatile sulfur compounds using ascorbic acid for oxidant removal and gas chromatography-flame photometric detectionY Inomata
Solar Terrestrial Environmental Laboratory, Nagoya-University, Japan
J Chromatogr A 864:111-9. 1999A method for the simultaneous measurement of volatile sulfur compounds (COS, H2S, CS2, CH3SH, DMS) is established with preconcentration and GC-flame photometric detection (FPD)...
- The relationship between volatile sulfur compounds and major halitosis-inducing factorsChae Hoon Lee
Department of Oral Medicine and Oral Diagnosis, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Periodontol 74:32-7. 2003..conditions have been reported to be major halitosis-inducing factors, the relationship between volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) and these 2 major factors is not yet fully understood...
- The significance of the source of zinc and its anti-VSC effectG Rolla
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Blindern, Norway
Int Dent J 52:233-5. 2002..The anti-VSC (volatile sulphur compounds) effect of zinc is known to be associated with free zinc ions...
- Variation in oral volatile sulphur compound formationAlix Young
Department of Cariology, Oral Research Laboratory, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Odontol Scand 60:321-4. 2002..It is not known, however, to what extent the level of VSC in mouth air is a stable, individual characteristic over time...
- A study of triclosan and its solubilizers as inhibitors of oral malodourAlix Young
Department of Cariology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Periodontol 29:1078-81. 2002..It is known that the detergents or organic solvents used to solubilize lipid-soluble triclosan can affect the biological activities exhibited by this molecule, such as its antibacterial, antiplaque, and anti-inflammatory effects...
- The relationship of oral malodor in patients with or without periodontal diseaseLuciene Cristina Figueiredo
Paulista University, Department of Health Sciences, , , Brazil
J Periodontol 73:1338-42. 2002BACKGROUND: Halitosis has been correlated with the concentration of volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) produced in the oral cavity by metabolic activity of bacteria colonizing the periodontal area and the dorsum of the tongue...
- Oral concentration of volatile sulphur compounds in stressed ratsE Kurihara
Dental School of State University of Maringa UEM, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Stress 5:295-8. 2002..Also, the animal experimental design may represent a new approach to research concerning the relationship between halitosis and stress...
- A clinical study to assess the breath protection efficacy of denture adhesiveGraham J Myatt
Procter and Gambles Rusham Park Technical Centre, Surrey, UK
J Contemp Dent Pract 3:1-9. 2002..measured at baseline and at 3 and 6 hours after the start of each treatment period via monitoring of volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) using a halimeter and second-person organoleptic grading...
- [Origin and treatment of bad breath]B Debaty
Rev Med Liege 57:324-9. 2002..These diseases are the most important cause of tooth loss after the age of thirty-five, with progressive destruction of supporting tissues of the teeth...
- Halitosis in medicine: a reviewAlbert Tangerman
Department of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, University Medical Center Nijmegan, The Netherlands
Int Dent J 52:201-6. 2002..The methods of analysis of halitosis are critically reviewed. Attention is also given to odour characterisation of various odourants...
- Comparative analysis of some mouthrinses on the production of volatile sulfur-containing compoundsCassiano Kuchenbecker Rosing
Clinical Dental laboratory, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Odontol Scand 60:10-2. 2002..It may be concluded that some commercial mouthrinses are markedly less effective than a simple and cheap solution of zinc acetate...
- The oral anti-volatile sulphur compound effects of zinc salts and their stability constantsAlix Young
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 110:31-4. 2002..Alternative ligands. with stronger affinity for Zn than the ligands in the lozenges, must be present in the oral cavity to explain these results. It is suggested that the sulphide ion may serve this function...
- A multifactorial investigation of the ability of oral health care products (OHCPs) to alleviate oral malodourC J Silwood
Room AW518, Medical Unit, 5th Floor, Alexandra Wing, Royal London Hospital, London E1 1BB, UK
J Clin Periodontol 28:634-41. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: We therefore conclude that oral health care products containing such oxohalogen oxidants may provide a useful therapeutic strategy for the treatment of oral malodour...
- Assessment of newly developed tongue sulfide probe for detecting oral malodorM Morita
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Okayama University Dental School, Japan
J Clin Periodontol 28:494-6. 2001..5. Oral malodor was assessed by measuring the level of volatile sulfur compounds in mouth air, as well as by the organoleptic method. The pS levels were 0.03 +/- 0.11, 0.20 +/- 0.41 and 0...
- Catalytic Approach to Treatment of Cyanide PoisoningSIGRIDUR G SUMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The specific aims for this work are to (1) develop molybdenum-sulfur compounds to catalytically serve as sulfane sulfur transfer agents;(2) develop a non-toxic cysteine-bearing polymer ..
- Methionine Recycling Pathways in KlebsiellaJeffrey Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2006..where sulfur may be limiting, and may play significant roles in recycling abundant global pools of organic sulfur compounds. Using genetic and molecular methods, these recycling pathways will be examined...
- DETECTION OF BIOMOLECULES BY CHEMILUMINESCENCENEIL DANIELSON; Fiscal Year: 1990..studies of Ru(bpy)3+3 chemiluminescence involving the mechanism of this reaction with both amines and sulfur compounds. Wide bore capillary GC will be used to quantify the suspected products...
- SYNTHESIS ANTI-HIV AGENTS THAT TARGET ZINC FINGERSMARK WELKER; Fiscal Year: 2000..Two are anti-HIV-1 active at concentrations (6 mM) which are lower than the best five or six membered ring sulfur compounds (NSC 661126 & 624151) they have screened to date from NCI's chemical repository...
- Structure and Mechanisms of Flavin MonooxygenasesDavid Ballou; Fiscal Year: 2005..Extensive use will also be made of artificial flavins introduced into the enzymes in place of the natural flavins, as probes both of active site structure and mechanism. ..
- Nitric oxide reactivity with synthetic iron-sulfur clustersZACHARY TONZETICH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preparation of the target iron-sulfur compounds will involve new synthetic methodologies as well as existing protocols for the preparation of iron-sulfur ..
- SYNTHESIS OF CHLOROPEPTINS, GP120 CD4 BINDING INHIBITORSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF SPONGISTATIN ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Design and Synthesis of HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NMR systems : 2 Bruker Avance 500 ConsolesAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The areas of public health research include, among others, cancer, infectious diseases, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, and heart and cardiovascular disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE PRIMARY AMINESFRANKLIN DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Asymmetric Synthesis of Amino Acids and Amino Phosphonic AcidsFRANKLIN DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The photodesulfmylation of sulfinamides represents an important new protocol, not requiring acids or bases, for the removal of the valuable amine N-sulfinyl protecting group. ..
- Syntheses of Amino Acids and Amino Phosphonic AcidsFRANKLIN DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Targets include cyclic, unsaturated, and, beta substituted derivatives (beta amino, beta hydroxy, and beta fluoro). ..
- Pseudopteroxazole and Related Antitubercular AgentsMichael Harmata; Fiscal Year: 2007..More generally, the methodology to be developed should have extremely broad impact, as it can be applied to the generation of stereogenic centers in a large number of compounds of biological and medicinal interest. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF AZADIRACHTINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is expected to impact the general areas of pharmaceutical and agricultural research, and infectious diseases in particular, through discoveries in synthetic organic chemistry and chemical biology. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- BENZANNULATION APPROACH TO BIARYL ETHERSMichael Harmata; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Guided Pocket Recolonization (GPR) in PeriodontitisMarc Quirynen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Clinical data will be collected after 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks. The results should indicate the possible role for commensal organisms in periodontal disease and subgingival biofilm formation. ..
- Catalytic Processes for Selective Organic SynthesisGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) Carbometalation/cyclization reactions will be explored utilizing organochromium species. 5) Ligands and catalytic systems designed for asymmetric synthesis will be explored. ..
- Nutritional Regulation of y-Glutamylcysteine SynthetaseMARTHA STIPANUK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Capacity for GSH synthesis, availability of the precursor amino acid cysteine, and steady-state GSH levels all contribute to the body's ability to defend itself against oxidative or chemical stressors. ..
- MECHANISM(S) OF CHEMICAL LEUKEMOGENESISRichard Irons; Fiscal Year: 2002..A. in specific sub-populations of CD34+ human BM cells. Finally, patterns of gene expression will be correlated with genotype, phenotype and functional clonogenic response in BM cells obtained from patients with MDS or evolving sAML. ..
- Agilent 5973 GC/MS SystemGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our current lack of such instrumentation negatively affects the ability to carry out many of these studies. This critical capability, in the form of an instrument for everyday analysis, is urgently needed. ..
- Attachment of Oral Actinobacillus to EpitheliumDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2008..The longterm goal of this application is to use this information to identify targets for therapeutic agents that can interfere with attachment of Aa to oral tissues and thus prevent colonization leading to LAP. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Stereochemistry of Elimination and Proton TransferJERRY MOHRIG; Fiscal Year: 2002..Carleton College undergraduate chemistry majors will carry out the research. The principal investigator has had substantial experience in crafting successful undergraduate research experiences over his teaching career. ..
- ARYL AND ALCOHOL SULFOTRANSFERASES IN DRUG METABOLISMMichael W Duffel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, specific aim #1 has additional particular relevance to understanding and more accurately predicting the metabolism of Tamoxifen, a widely used antitumor agent and chemopreventive agent for estrogen-dependent breast cancer. ..
- Chronological Age-Dependent Genomic Instability in YeastValter D Longo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, chronologically aging S. cerevisiae can serve as a model to identify genes that regulate genomic instability and understand the mechanisms responsible for age-dependent DNA mutations and cancer in mammals. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF FUSED HETEROCYCLIC COMPOUNDSAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2002..The generation of biologically active compounds by new synthetic methods remains an important part of both health related and chemical research. ..
- Etiology and Prevention of Oral CancerKaram El Bayoumy; Fiscal Year: 2007..By identifying critical intervention targets in tongue tumorigenesis, it should be possible to minimize the gap between basic research and clinical application, and lead to translational clinical interventions. ..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Annual MeetingDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- 4 iron-4sulfur Clusters in Aging and Alzheimer's DiseaseValter Longo; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- The Effect of a Probiotic on Hepatic SteatosisSteven Solga; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the efficacy of probiotics is established one type of chronic liver disease, the possibility that similar biological therapies might benefit other chronic inflammatory states would merit further evaluation. ..
- Identifying the Antiplatelet Compounds of Garlic Ex VivoLarry Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibition of Tubercular Mycothiol PathwaysSpencer Knapp; Fiscal Year: 2004..The most active compounds will be taken as leads for further analogue development and for increasing the potency, specificity, bioavailability, and metabolic stability in M. tuberculosis itself. ..
- Microbial Markers for Periodontal Disease in ChildrenDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- TOBACCO CARCINOGENESIS AND CHEMOPREVENTIONKaram El Bayoumy; Fiscal Year: 2005..e., selenium compounds, vitamins, and EGCG. ..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Research Group Annual MtgDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- Role of trypsinogen sulfation in alcoholic pancreatitisMiklos Sahin Toth; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- H2S PRODUCTION AND VIRULENCE OF TREPONEMA DENTICOLALianrui Chu; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the existence of volatile sulfur compounds produced at destructive sites is a characteristic feature of periodontal diseases, with H2S as a major ..
- HETEROCYCLIC RING COMPOUNDS FOR ALKALOID SYNTHESISAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2007..The generation of biologically active compounds by new synthetic methods remains an important part of both health related and chemical research. ..