Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inorganic compounds that contain silver as an integral part of the molecule.
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Extending the TIME concept: what have we learned in the past 10 years?(*)David J Leaper
Section of Wound Healing, Institute for Translation, Innovation, Methodology and Engagement, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Int Wound J 9:1-19. 2012..The TIME principle remains relevant 10 years on, with continuing important developments that incorporate new evidence for wound care...
- The safety and efficacy of dressings with silver - addressing clinical concernsKeith Cutting
Faculty of Society and Health, Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College, Chalfont St Giles, HP8 4AD, UK
Int Wound J 4:177-84. 2007..The impact of silver application on the wound bioburden needs to be examined carefully to heighten our awareness of any deleterious effects on the healing process, without inducing any unfounded anxieties...
- Silver diamine fluoride: a caries "silver-fluoride bullet"A Rosenblatt
The Forsyth Institute, 140 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Dent Res 88:116-25. 2009The antimicrobial use of silver compounds pivots on the 100-year-old application of silver nitrate, silver foil, and silver sutures for the prevention and treatment of ocular, surgical, and dental infections...
- Silver as biocides in burn and wound dressings and bacterial resistance to silver compoundsSimon Silver
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois, 835 S Wolcott Ave, Chicago, IL 60612 7344, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 33:627-34. 2006..These are beneficial products needing further study, although each has drawbacks. The genes (and proteins) involved in bacterial resistance to Ag have been defined and studied in recent years...
- Bacterial silver resistance: molecular biology and uses and misuses of silver compoundsSimon Silver
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, M C 790, University of Illinois, 835 South Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612 7344, USA
FEMS Microbiol Rev 27:341-53. 2003Resistance to silver compounds as determined by bacterial plasmids and genes has been defined by molecular genetics. Silver resistance conferred by the Salmonella plasmid pMGH100 involves nine genes in three transcription units...
- Silver. I: Its antibacterial properties and mechanism of actionA B G Lansdown
Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
J Wound Care 11:125-30. 2002..Silver products have two key advantages: they are broad-spectrum antibiotics and are not yet associated with drug resistance. This article, the first in a two-part series, describes the main mechanism of action of this metallic element...
- The effectiveness of silver-releasing dressings in the management of non-healing chronic wounds: a meta-analysisShu Fen Lo
Department of Nursing, Tzu Chi College of Technology, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 18:716-28. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine the efficacy of silver-releasing dressings in the management of non-healing chronic wounds...
- Silver treatments and silver-impregnated dressings for the healing of leg wounds and ulcers: a systematic review and meta-analysisMarissa J Carter
Strategic Solutions Inc, Cody, Wyoming 82414, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 63:668-79. 2010..Clinical trial data with longer follow-up times are needed to address these issues...
- A systematic review of silver-releasing dressings in the management of infected chronic woundsShu Fen Lo
Department of Nursing, Tzu Chi College of Technology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital and School and Graduate Institute of Nursing, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 17:1973-85. 2008..This paper is a systematic review with the objective of determining the effectiveness of silver-releasing dressing in the management of infected chronic wounds...
- Silver compounds used in dentistry for caries management: a reviewJ J Y Peng
Oral Rehabilitation, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Dent 40:531-41. 2012b>Silver compounds have been used for their medical properties for centuries and in dentistry for more than a century...
- Exposure-related health effects of silver and silver compounds: a reviewPamela L Drake
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Spokane Research Laboratory, 315 E Montgomery Avenue, Spokane, WA 99207, USA
Ann Occup Hyg 49:575-85. 2005..Besides argyria and argyrosis, exposure to soluble silver compounds may produce other toxic effects, including liver and kidney damage, irritation of the eyes, skin, respiratory,..
- The silver-releasing foam dressing, Contreet Foam, promotes faster healing of critically colonised venous leg ulcers: a randomised, controlled trialBo Jørgensen
Copenhagen Wound Healing Centre, Bispebjerg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int Wound J 2:64-73. 2005..The results of this randomised, controlled study suggest an important role of sustained silver-releasing dressings in the treatment of critically colonised chronic wounds...
- Assessing the effect of an antimicrobial wound dressing on biofilmsSteven L Percival
Microbiology and Anti Infectives, ConvaTec Wound Therapeutics, GDC, Deeside, United Kingdom
Wound Repair Regen 16:52-7. 2008....
- Effect of a sustained silver-releasing dressing on ulcers with delayed healing: the CONTOP studyK C Münter
Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
J Wound Care 15:199-206. 2006..To compare the effect of the sustained silver-releasing foam dressing Contreet Foam (ColoplastA/S) with local best practice (LBP) on delayed healing ulcers using a real-life setting...
- A prospective, multi-centre, randomised, open label, parallel, comparative study to evaluate effects of AQUACEL® Ag and Urgotul® Silver dressing on healing of chronic venous leg ulcersKeith Harding
Department of Dermatology and Wound Healing, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Int Wound J 9:285-94. 2012..In general, both dressings were effective at promoting healing of venous ulcers...
- Clinical performance of a new silver dressing, Contreet Foam, for chronic exuding venous leg ulcersT Karlsmark
Wound Healing Centre, Bispebjerg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Wound Care 12:351-4. 2003....
- Evaluation of a new silver foam dressing in patients with critically colonised venous leg ulcersI Lazareth
I Vascular Unit, St Joseph Hospital, Paris, France
J Wound Care 16:129-32. 2007..To evaluate the performance (efficacy and safety) of an absorbent dressing impregnated with silver salts (UrgoCell Silver) in the management of leg ulcers with clinical signs of critical colonisation...
- Silver products for medical indications: risk-benefit assessmentM C Fung
Center of Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 34:119-26. 1996..Indiscriminate use of silver products can lead to toxicity such as argyria...
- Detection of silver sulfide deposits in the skin of patients with argyria after long-term use of silver-containing drugsLudwig Jonas
Electron Microscopic Centre in the Department of Pathology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Ultrastruct Pathol 31:379-84. 2007..Nevertheless, there are still a lot of silver products on the market, easily available over-the-counter. Therefore, argyria should not be forgotten or missed in the diagnostics of human dermis...
- Human generalized argyria: a submicroscopic and X-ray spectroscopic studyD Massi
Istituto di Anatomia e Istologia Patologica, , Italia
Ultrastruct Pathol 22:47-53. 1998..These novel findings expand the knowledge of the various mechanisms of interaction of silver with the cellular and extracellular environment and allow some speculations about possible mechanisms of silver detoxification...
- Electrochemical multianalyte immunoassays using an array-based sensorMichael S Wilson
EIC Laboratories, Inc, 111 Downey Street, Norwood, Massachusetts 02062, USA
Anal Chem 78:2507-13. 2006..We anticipate that chip-based sensors, as described herein, will be suitable for the mass production of economical, miniaturized, multianalyte assay devices...
- Implementation of electrochemiluminescence microanalysis in PCB technologyPatrick Pittet
INL Institut des Nanotechnologies de Lyon, 43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918, Villeurbanne, F 69622, France
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:2944-7. 2007..The detection limit obtained with the two ECL microfluidic devices is 50 nM and 100 nM H2O2 for macroelectrodes and microelectrodes, respectively...
- Electrogeneration of polyluminol and chemiluminescence for new disposable reagentless optical sensorsAudrey Sassolas
Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, CNRS, UMR5246, Institut de Chimie et Biochimie Moleculaires et Supramoleculaires, Laboratoire de Genie Enzymatique et Biomoleculaire, F 69622, Villeurbanne, Cedex, France
Anal Bioanal Chem 390:865-71. 2008..9 x 10(-8) mol L(-1) to 1.3 x 10(-3) mol L(-1). Such performant disposable reagentless easy-to-use miniaturized systems based on SPEs should be applicable to the electrochemiluminescent detection of many oxidase-substrate compounds...
- A discussion of silver as an antimicrobial agent: alleviating the confusionDavid W Brett
Smith and Nephew Wound Management Division, 11775 Starkey Road, Largo, FL 33773, USA
Ostomy Wound Manage 52:34-41. 2006..Continued research into the implications of the data is warranted...
- Determination of trimethylamine in fish by capillary electrophoresis with electrogenerated tris(2,2'-bipyridyl)ruthenium(II) chemiluminescence detectionMing Li
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, South Korea
Luminescence 22:588-93. 2007..Recoveries obtained were in the range 98.78-101.46%. The method was successfully applied for the assay of TMA in fish, in combination with solid phase extraction (SPE) disks for sample clean-up and enrichment...
- Ultrafast nuclear dynamics induced by photodetachment of Ag2- and Ag2O2-: oxygen desorption from a molecular silver surfaceLiana D Socaciu-Siebert
Institut fur Experimentalphysik, Freie Universitat Berlin, Arnimallee 14, D 14195, Berlin, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys 7:2706-9. 2005..The experimental data clearly show the influence of the desorbing oxygen ligand on the nuclear dynamics of the silver dimer inducing a red shift in the vibrational frequency and an intensity enhancement of the oscillatory signal...
- Medicare payment system for surgical dressings containing silverKathleen D Schaum
Kathleen D Schaum and Associates, Inc, Lake Worth, FL, USA
Ostomy Wound Manage 52:30-3. 2006
- Automatic electrochemical micro-pH-stat for biomicrosystemsKatsuya Morimoto
Graduate School of Pure and Applied Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Anal Chem 80:905-14. 2008..The pH to be fixed could be changed by changing the working electrode potential. Moreover, the two pH-stats could be used to form a pH gradient in a microflow channel by fixing the pH values at two positions...
- Needle-type ultra micro silver/silver chloride reference electrode for use in micro-electrochemistryTatsuya Kitade
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, 5 Nakauchi cho, Misasagi, Yamashina ku, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Anal Sci 21:907-12. 2005..The electrode potential of a commercial pH glass electrode measured against the micro reference electrode in standard pH buffer solutions was in good accordance with the Nernst equation...
- Effect of silver nanowires on the surface-enhanced Raman spectra (SERS) of the RNA basesY Badr
National Institute of Laser Enhanced Science, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 63:639-45. 2006..Many bands were red shifted due to the chemisorption of RNA bases on the Ag NWs surface. New bands corresponding to the base-surface bond were appeared in the SERS spectra...
- Nanofluidic redox cycling amplification for the selective detection of catecholBernhard Wolfrum
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience, Section Molecular Biophysics, Technical University Delft, Delft, The Netherlands
Anal Chem 80:972-7. 2008..The interference of ascorbic acid is usually a challenge in the detection of catecholamines in biological samples...
- A new generation of cyanide ion-selective membranes for flow injection application: part II. Comparative study of cyanide flow-injection detectors based on thin electroplated silver chalcogenide membranesAndriana R Surleva
University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Department of Analytical Chemistry, 8 Kl Ohridski bvd, 1756 Sofia, Bulgaria
Anal Chim Acta 583:174-81. 2007....
- Fighting infection in chronic woundsCynthia A Fleck
Medline Industries, Advanced Wound Care Division, Mundelein, IL, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 19:184, 186, 188. 2006
- Silver dressings versus other dressings for chronic wounds in a community care settingJ Wang
ASERNIP S, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Stepney, Australia
J Wound Care 16:352-6. 2007..To assess differences in effectiveness between silver dressings and other types of dressings in chronic wound management in the community setting...
- Nitric oxide sensor based on carbon fiber covered with nickel porphyrin layer deposited using optimized electropolymerization procedureJan Hrbac
Department of Physical Chemistry, Palacky University, Faculty of Science, tr Svobody 26, 771 46 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Bioelectrochemistry 71:46-53. 2007..5 nM at S/N=3) is 5-10 times better than parameters usually reported for Nafion coated porphyrinic sensors. Nafion coating can further enhance selectivity properties as well as aids to the stability of the sensors' responses...
- Improved surface EMG electrode for measuring genioglossus muscle activityCiara M O'Connor
School of Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical Engineering, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 159:55-67. 2007....
- Determination of trace levels of diosmin in a pharmaceutical preparation by adsorptive stripping voltammetry at a glassy carbon electrodeM S el-Shahawi
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz UniversityJeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Anal Sci 22:1351-4. 2006..0 was developed. The proposed method was successfully applied to the determination of the drug in pharmaceutical formulations. The results compared favorably with the data obtained via spectrophotometric and HPLC methods...
- Indirect electrochemical sensing of radicals and radical scavengers in biological matricesFritz Scholz
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat Greifswald, Felix Hausdorff Strasse 4, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 46:8079-81. 2007
- Picomolar peroxide detection using a chemically activated redox mediator and square wave voltammetryJennifer L Lyon
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station, MC A5300, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Anal Chem 78:8518-25. 2006..Km values for soluble and immobilized HRP were 84 +/- 13 and 504 +/- 19 microM, respectively. This method is amenable to any biological detection scheme that generates hydrogen peroxide as a reactive product...
- Topical antimicrobials in the control of wound bioburdenRichard J White
North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple, UK
Ostomy Wound Manage 52:26-58. 2006..A review of the literature underscores the importance of considering the antiseptic route as part of a concerted approach to wound management and infection control...
- Electroreduction of the muscle relaxant drug dantrolene sodium at the mercury electrode and its determination in bulk form and pharmaceutical formulationEnass Mohamed Ghoneim
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Tanta University, Egypt
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:1483-8. 2007....
- Real-time monitoring of moisture levels in wound dressings in vitro: an experimental studyDavid McColl
Bioengineering Unit, University of Strathclyde, Wolfson Centre, Glasgow, G4 0NW, Scotland, UK
Int J Surg 5:316-22. 2007..These results raise questions as to how the dressings behave on a wound in vivo and indicate the need for a similar clinical monitoring system for tracking wound moisture levels...
- Fabrication of a planar-form screen-printed solid electrolyte modified Ag/AgCl reference electrode for application in a potentiometric biosensorWei Yin Liao
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Anal Chem 78:4219-23. 2006..Accordingly, the PSEM Ag/AgCl reference electrode presented in this study provides a viable alternative to the macroscopic Ag/AgCl reference electrode used in many conventional chip-based pH sensors...
- Selective catalytic reduction of NO over supported silver catalysts--practical and mechanistic aspectsKen ichi Shimizu
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya, 464 8603, Japan
Phys Chem Chem Phys 8:2677-95. 2006..The current research of supported Ag catalysts is reviewed from the viewpoints of practical use and the reaction mechanism, i.e., the reaction scheme, the role of surface adsorbed species, and the structure of active Ag species...
- Mechanism of degradation of AgCl coating on biopotential sensorsChun Che Shih
Institute of Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
J Biomed Mater Res A 82:872-83. 2007....
- Comment on: the increasing use of silver-based products as antimicrobial agents: a useful development or a cause for concern?Roger Bayston
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:447; author reply 447-8. 2007
- Effects of divalent cations on the formation and structure of solid supported lipid filmsMiroslav Karabaliev
Department of Physics and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Trakia University, 11 Armeiska, Stara Zagora 6003, Bulgaria
Bioelectrochemistry 71:54-9. 2007....
- Biomedical sensor using thick film technology for transcutaneous oxygen measurementYu Zhi Lam
School of Engineering Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton SO17 1BJ, United Kingdom
Med Eng Phys 29:291-7. 2007..This study has greatly contributed towards the understanding for the suitability of the materials in achieving a viable, low-cost biomedical sensor...
- Bacterial resistance to silver in wound careS L Percival
ConvaTec Wound Therapeutics, Global Development Centre, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire CH5 2NU, UK
J Hosp Infect 60:1-7. 2005..It is the purpose of this review to assess the likelihood of widespread resistance to silver and the potential for silver to induce cross-resistance to antibiotics, in light of its increasing usage within the healthcare setting...
- Nonenzymatic electrochemical glucose sensor based on nanoporous PtPb networksJingpeng Wang
Department of Chemistry, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Anal Chem 80:997-1004. 2008....
- Investigation into the origin of the noise of surface electrodesE Huigen
Department of Medical Physics, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Med Biol Eng Comput 40:332-8. 2002..The magnitude of the noise of electrodes appeared to be inversely proportional to the square root of the area of the electrode on the skin...
- [A comparison of SERS of positive and negative nano-silver adsorbing cation and anion molecule]M Si
Department of Physics, Chuxiong Teachers College, 675000 Chuxiong
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 21:501-2. 2001..The paper hypothesizes that strong SERS effect can be got by using proper colloid of nano-silver particles. It is practical to develop the use of SERS...
- Hydrogen production in a single chamber microbial electrolysis cell lacking a membraneDouglas Call
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:3401-6. 2008..6 V. These results demonstrate that high hydrogen recovery and production rates are possible in a single chamber MEC without a membrane, potentially reducing the costs of these systems and allowing for new and simpler designs...
- [Time resolution spectrum measurements of the process of photon acting on the silver halide materials]Xiao Wei Li
College of Physics Science and Technology, Hebei University, Baoding 071002, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 22:728-31. 2002..The time resolution spectra of the process of the photon acting on various silver halide materials were obtained in our experiments. We analyzed the time characters of photon acting on the black-and-white film, color film and X-ray film...
- [Studies on the resonance nonlinear scattering of aqueous CoFe2O4 nanoparticle]Zhi Liang Jiang
Institute of Environmental Chemistry, Southwest China Normal University, Chongqiang 400715, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 22:615-8. 2002..A new concept including gray particle and white particle has been proposed, and applied to analysis of the resonance scattering spectra of CoFe2O4 nanoparticle system...
- A scientific perspective on the use of topical silver preparationsRobert E Burrell
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ostomy Wound Manage 49:19-24. 2003
- Development of an anodic stripping voltammetric assay, using a disposable mercury-free screen-printed carbon electrode, for the determination of zinc in human sweatA Crew
Centre for Research in Analytical Materials and Sensor Science, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of the West of England, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY, UK
Talanta 75:1221-6. 2008..The concentrations were between 0.39 and 1.56 microg/mL, which agrees well with previously reported values. This simple, low-cost sensitive assay should have application in biomedical studies and for stress and fatigue in sports studies...
- On the noise performance of pt electrodesXiao Liu
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University College London, London, UK
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:434-6. 2007..This differs from Ag-AgCl electrodes for which the electrode noise has been reported to be higher than the thermal noise. Our study shows that Pt electrodes are suitable for neural recording...
- Electrochemical study of the Maillard reactionGeorge P Rizzi
The Procter and Gamble Company, Winton Hill Business Center, 6071 Center Hill Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45224, USA
J Agric Food Chem 51:1728-31. 2003..Similar electrochemical behavior indicative of reductone formation was observed in the decomposition products of a model Amadori compound, N-(1-deoxyfructos-1-yl)piperidine (1)...
- Characterization of micromachined spiked biopotential electrodesPatrick Griss
Department of Signals, Sensors and Systems, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 49:597-604. 2002..Due to the mechanical strength of the silicon microneedles and the fact that neither skin preparation nor electrolytic gel is required, use of the spiked electrode is convenient. The spiked electrode is very comfortable for the patient...
- Broad-spectrum bactericidal activity of Ag(2)O-doped bioactive glassMaria Bellantone
Department of Materials, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1940-5. 2002..Our observations of the dissolution profiles of Ag(+) from AgBG in the presence and absence of bacteria are consistent with silver accumulation by the bacteria...
- Vibrational spectra of 1-methyluracilate complex with silver(I) and theoretical studies of the 1-MeU anionBarbara Morzyk-Ociepa
Institute of Chemistry and Environmental Protection, Pedagogical University, al Armii Krajowej 13 15, 42 200, Czestochowa, Poland
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 59:1247-54. 2003..The linear N-Ag-N stretching vibrations are assigned to the bands at 448 and 362 cm(-1) (IR) and 453, 362 cm(-1) (Raman). The Ag-O stretching vibrations are assigned to the bands in the range of 280-250 cm(-1)...
- [The enhanced mechanism of Cl- to SERS in silver colloid]M Si
Department of Physics, Chuxiong Teacher's College, 675000 Chuxiong
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 21:343-6. 2001..The result is that the CN- and NH3 are so strong that they have replaced Cl- and anion molecules. Therefore the SERS reduces. This has proved the bridge role of Cl-...
- Therapeutic efficacy of three silver dressings in an infected animal modelJohn Heggers
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch and Shriners Hospital for Children, Burns Hospital, 8165 Market Street, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
J Burn Care Rehabil 26:53-6. 2005..However, Silverlon did achieve a slight significance. These preliminary data suggest that weekly dressing changes with these new silver dressings are feasible and economically and medically congruous...
- [How I treat... the critical bacterial colonization of a leg ulcer. The Yin and the Yang features of silver-based dressings]C Pierard-Franchimont
Chargé de Cours adjoint, CHU du Sart Tilman, Service de Dermatopathologie, Liege
Rev Med Liege 59:403-6. 2004..Their cost which is high for the patient, must be compared to that of nursing care that may become less important. The expected beneficit is a reduction in healing time...
- Effects of an activated charcoal silver dressing on chronic wounds with no clinical signs of infectionJ Verdú Soriano
Department of Community Nursing, Preventive Medicine, Public Health, University of Alicante, Spain
J Wound Care 13:419, 421-3. 2004....
- DNA sensor for o-dianisidineJ Jasnowska
Chair of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Poznan University of Economics, 60 967, Poznan, Poland
Bioelectrochemistry 64:85-90. 2004..The presented electrochemical system enables a specific detection of o-dianisidine by the presence of an oxidation peak at +0.7 V and its quantitative determination by measuring a reduction of guanine peak by means of a DNA sensor...
- Study of salt permeation process into Vigna angularis using Ag/AgCl electrodesSatoshi Sasaki
School of Bionics, Tokyo University of Technology, 1404 1 Katakura, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0982, Japan
Bioelectrochemistry 64:29-31. 2004..Temporary change of emf ranging from 0 to ca. 0.115 V was measured in vivo using the system, and the possible physiological phenomenon during the period was discussed...
- Cholesterol amperometric biosensor based on cytochrome P450sccVictoria Shumyantseva
Institute of Biomedical Chemistry, Pogodinskaya St, 10, Moscow, 119121 Russia
Biosens Bioelectron 19:971-6. 2004..9 nA microM(-1) with a linearity coefficient of 0.99. For both types of electrodes, the amperometric response to cholesterol in the presence of detergent was rather quick (1.5-2 min)...
- Fourier transform surface-enhanced Raman scattering of single-layer nucleolipid Langmuir-Blodgett films on silver island film substratesSanxie Wu
Key Laboratory for Mesoscopic Chemistry of Ministry of Education, Nanjing University, 210093 Nanjing, People s Republic of China
J Colloid Interface Sci 270:309-14. 2004....
- Silver dressings in clinical practiceVickie R Driver
Limb Preservation Service, Madigan Army Medical Center, Department of Orthopedics, Tacoma, WA, USA
Ostomy Wound Manage 50:11S-15S. 2004..This article addresses why silver is (and is not) a good choice for particular wounds and offers suggestions about what silver products best serve individual situations...
- Sequential-injection stripping analysis of nifuroxime using DNA-modified glassy carbon electrodesNizam Diab
Lehrstuhl fur Analytische Chemie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Universitatsstr 150, AG Elektroanalytik und Sensorik, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
Bioelectrochemistry 61:57-63. 2003..The linear detection range could be extended to 65 microM with a detection limit (3 s) of 0.68 microM, which corresponds to an absolute amount of 21 ng nifuroxime...
- Neutral H2O2 synthesis by electrolysis of water and O2Ichiro Yamanaka
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Ookayama, Meguro ku, Tokyo 152 8552, Japan
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:1900-2. 2008
- Single molecule measurements within individual membrane-bound ion channels using a polymer-based bilayer lipid membrane chipLouis P Hromada
University of Maryland, College Park, Department of Mechanical Engineering, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Lab Chip 8:602-8. 2008..Details of chip fabrication, bilayer membrane formation, and alpha-hemolysin ion channel incorporation are discussed, and measurements of interactions between the membrane-bound ion channels and single PEG molecules are presented...
- A pharmacological and toxicological profile of silver as an antimicrobial agent in medical devicesAlan B G Lansdown
Division of Investigative Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London W6 8RP, UK
Adv Pharmacol Sci 2010:910686. 2010..Metallic silver and most inorganic silver compounds ionise in moisture, body fluids, and secretions to release biologically active Ag(+)...
- Silver in health care: antimicrobial effects and safety in useAlan B G Lansdown
Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
Curr Probl Dermatol 33:17-34. 2006..The antimicrobial action of silver or silver compounds is proportional to the bioactive silver ion (Ag(+)) released and its availability to interact with bacterial ..
- Diversity of silver resistance genes in IncH incompatibility group plasmidsA Gupta
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois, M C 790, 835 S Wolcott Ave, Room E 703, Chicago, IL 60612 7344, USA
Microbiology 147:3393-402. 2001b>Silver compounds are used as antimicrobial agents in medicine and bacteria that develop resistance to silver cations (Ag(+)) pose problems similar to those of antibiotic-resistant bacteria...
- Corrosion behavior of palladium-silver-copper alloys in model salivaLudek Joska
Institute of Chemical Technology, Department of Metals and Corrosion Engineering, Technicka 5, 166 28 Prague 6, Czech Republic
Dent Mater 24:1009-16. 2008..The objective of this work was to ascertain the influence of copper on the corrosion mechanism of palladium-silver alloys...
- Twenty-eight-day inhalation toxicity study of silver nanoparticles in Sprague-Dawley ratsJun Ho Ji
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, Suwon, Korea
Inhal Toxicol 19:857-71. 2007..Although previous studies on silver dust, fumes, and silver compounds have revealed some insights, little is yet known about the toxicity of nano-sized silver particles, where the ..
- Evaluation of a standardized method for determining soluble silver in workplace air samplesPamela L Drake
US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Spokane Research Laboratory, 315 E Montgomery Ave, Spokane, WA 99207, USA
J Environ Monit 8:134-9. 2006..was not possible, without prior knowledge of the work process, to distinguish soluble silver from insoluble silver compounds collected in workplace air samples. Therefore, analytical results were historically reported as total silver...
- Silver ion-induced suicidal erythrocyte deathMentor Sopjani
Department of Physiology, University of Tubingen, Gmelinstr 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Appl Toxicol 29:531-6. 2009..Silver metal and silver compounds ionize in solution, and silver ions interfere with the function of a wide variety of proteins...
- Hygienic relevance and risk assessment of antimicrobial-impregnated textilesA Kramer
Institute of Hygiene and Environmental Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Curr Probl Dermatol 33:78-109. 2006..This article evaluates the applicability of silver compounds as well as the classic antimicrobials triclosan, quaternary ammonium compounds, copper and further new ..
- [Assessment of human health exposure connected with consumption of water characterized with elevated concentration level of silver released from jug water filter systems]Dorota Swiecicka
Zakład Higieny Komunalnej, Narodowy Instytut Zdrowia Publicznego Państwowy Zakład Higieny, Warszawa
Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig 61:145-50. 2010..Disinfection of water based on generation of silver or silver compounds by electrochemical process could led to the increase of concentration of this metal in disinfected water up ..
- [The disinfection of the oral mucosa]K O Gundermann
Abteilung Hygiene, Sozialhygiene und Gesundheitswesen,
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B 187:382-9. 1989..55 after 5 min to log 1.85 after 120 min. Possibly this rise was due to an after-effect of the tested antiseptic in this region. For examination of antiseptics a combination of both test methods is recommended...
- Silver nanoparticles as a new generation of antimicrobialsMahendra Rai
Department of Biotechnology, SGB Amravati University, Amravati 444 602, Maharashtra, India
Biotechnol Adv 27:76-83. 2009..But due to the emergence of several antibiotics the use of these silver compounds has been declined remarkably...
- A randomized-controlled trial comparing cadexomer iodine and nanocrystalline silver on the healing of leg ulcersCharne N Miller
Royal District Nursing Service Helen Macpherson Smith Institute of Community Health, St Kilda, Vic, Australia
Wound Repair Regen 18:359-67. 2010..However, use of silver compounds was associated with a quicker healing rate during the first 2 weeks of treatment and in wounds that were ..
- The mechanism of gingiva metallic pigmentations formationLudek Joska
Department of Metals and Corrosion Engineering, Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Oral Investig 13:1-7. 2009..The formation of soluble silver compounds in the sulcular area or in a crevice between the crown and the cast post-and-core reconstruction facilitates ..
- Control of Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown cucumbers with silver-coated clothZ H Zhao
Satosen Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:1515-8. 2000..aphanidermatum. It was suggested that the inhibition of SCC was caused not only by the silver ion dissolved from SCC, but also by the metallic silver and silver compounds formed on the surface of the root.
- Silver ions induce oxidative stress and intracellular zinc release in human skin fibroblastsMiriam M Cortese-Krott
Department of Internal Medicine B, Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Medical Faculty of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 47:1570-7. 2009b>Silver compounds used as topical antimicrobial agents are known to exert toxic effects on skin cells...
- Application of nanosilver surface modification to RO membrane and spacer for mitigating biofouling in seawater desalinationHui Ling Yang
Institute of Environmental Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, 1001 University Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Water Res 43:3777-86. 2009..b>Silver compounds and ions are historically recognized for their effective antimicrobial activity...
- Validation of K-edge 125I brachytherapy enhancement with silver compoundsL A Young
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7115, USA
Phys Med Biol 44:1921-35. 1999..These results successfully demonstrated that K-edge enhanced 125I brachytherapy is indeed possible with future development of a non-toxic silver chelate...
- In vitro antitumour and hepatotoxicity profiles of Au(I) and Ag(I) bidentate pyridyl phosphine complexes and relationships to cellular uptakeJohnson J Liu
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, The University of Auckland, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
J Inorg Biochem 102:303-10. 2008..The gold and silver compounds overcame cisplatin-resistance in the CH1-cisR, 41M-cisR and SKOV-3 cell-lines, and showed cytotoxic potencies ..
- Detection of silver protein complex injections in the bovine udder using X-ray fluorescence: a preliminary investigationSean A Graham
Department of Physics, College of Physical and Engineering Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
Can J Vet Res 69:123-7. 2005..This technique, used in conjunction with screening ultrasound examinations, has the potential to confirm sites of injection of silver compounds.
- Antibacterial effects of silver nanoparticles on the bacterial strains isolated from catheterized urinary tract infection casesMuhammad Ali Syed
Department of Biosciences, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Plot 30, H 8 1, Islamabad 44000, Pakistan
J Biomed Nanotechnol 5:209-14. 2009..The antibacterial effects of silver compounds have been known to man kind for ancient times...
- [Basic study on anti-bacterial urethral catheter. I. Development of a new anti-bacterial coating material for silicon catheters]H Hashimoto
Department of Urology, Okayama University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:431-40. 2000..Several aspects of various silver compounds were examined, including anti-bacterial activity, chemical property and toxicity...
- First examples of a modulated bridging mu(2)-1:2kappan-triazine in double helical silver compounds. experimental and theoretical evidenceM Pilar Carranza
, , , IRICA, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, , 10, E 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
Inorg Chem 49:3828-35. 2010..Double pi-pi stacking, anion-pi interactions, hydrogen bonds, and hydrophobic effects are observed in an unusual highly symmetrical interpenetrated three-dimensional superstructure...
- Occupational corneal argyrosis in art silver solderersValeria Sanchez-Huerta
Asociacion para Evitar la Ceguera en Mexico, IAP, Mexico City, Mexico
Cornea 22:604-11. 2003..To determine the value of confocal and specular microscopy in the examination of corneal argyrosis in art silver solderers...
- A simple indirect automatic method to determine total iodine in milk products by flame atomic absorption spectrometryM C Yebra
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Nutrition and Bromatology, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Talanta 82:828-33. 2010..interferences from anions present in the samples, which can be also precipitated with silver, because these silver compounds are dissolved with ammonia at the washing step. This method allows the determination of iodine in the range 0...
- Fracture durability of restored functional cusps on maxillary nonvital premolar teethN Ulusoy
Dicle University, School of Dentistry, Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 66:330-5. 1991..The use of cermet for this purpose is contraindicated...
- Vibrational spectra of saccharin nitranion and its orientation on the surface of silver metal particlesYoshika Imai
Department of Basic Science, School of Science and Engineering, Ishinomaki Senshu University, Ishinomaki 986 8580, Japan
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:711-5. 2005..The spectra suggested that the saccharin nitranion is bonded to the silver metal surface through the oxygen atom of carbonyl and the nitrogen atom of the imide ring groups and that the nitranion tilts at the surface...
- Conductance switching in Ag(2)S devices fabricated by in situ sulfurizationM Morales-Masis
Kamerlingh Onnes Laboratorium, Universiteit Leiden, Leiden, The Netherlands
Nanotechnology 20:095710. 2009..The as-fabricated Ag(2)S samples are a good candidate for future solid state memory devices, as they show reproducible memory resistive properties and they are fabricated by an accessible and reliable method...
- Sphingolipid signaling in olfactory mucosaMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Extracellular matrix in chloracetanilide carcinogenesisMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF OLFACTORY TUMORS BY ALACHLORMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- IRIDIUM OXIDE PROTEIN MICROARRAYSMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2002..In Phase II, higher density protein arrays suitable for integration into automated, high-throughput microfluidic delivery systems and fluorescent analyzers will be developed. ..
- Rapid Quantitative Point-of-Care Cardiac Marker TestMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2005..EIC has a clear commercial path for assay technology through in-house manufacturing, sale of electrochemical assays and hand-held assay readers, and out-licensing of our multianalyte immunoassay technology. ..
- Correlative Enzymatic and Gold ProbesRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Enzymatic Metallography for Ultrasensitive BiodetectionRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Nanotube Reagentless Proteomic ArraysMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Silver carbene complexes as treatment of CF lung diseaseCAROLYN CANNON; Fiscal Year: 2008..Silver complexes have a long history of safe use for topical applications, however, the use of silver compounds to treat pulmonary infections has not been explored...
- Polymeric Enzyme-Gold Probes for Ultrasensitive Protein BlottingRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will enable faster, more accurate diagnosis of cancer, infectious diseases and prion diseases, improve therapy selection, and provide new tools for the study of cancer at the molecular level. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTIBODY MICROARRAY FOR DETECTION OF TUMOR MARKERSMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Phase II will focus on developing a robust, reliable and reproducible assaying system. ..
- Correlative Chromogenic Gene and Protein assessmentRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2004..HER2 will be a model for the development of a general method applicable to many cancers and to the future development of other multi-analyte assays and staining procedures. ..
- Rapid Immunoassays for Detecting Pathogenic BacteriaMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2004..EIC has a commercial path for assay technology through in-house manufacturing, sale of electrochemical assays and hand-held assay readers, and out-licensing of our multianalyte immunoassay technology. ..
- THE ROLE OF APOPTOSIS IN CF PSEUDOMONAL LUNG INFECTIONCAROLYN CANNON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Reiterative Signal Amplification by Gold DepositionRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CHROMOGENIC HER-2/NEU GENE AMPLIFICATION ASSAYRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2003..After design optimization, it will be ported to an automated slide staining instrument. Once performance is optimized, multi-center clinical trials will be conducted to support application for pre-market approval. ..
- SCALING THE REINFORCING VALUE OF CIGARETTE SMOKEJed Rose; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will lead to a better understanding of the role of pharmacologic and sensory/behavioral cues in nicotine addiction and smoking cessation. ..
- GOLD QUENCHED MOLECULAR BEACONSRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Live Cell Correlative Imaging ProbesRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2002..The new probes will be evaluated in the correlative localization of genes, RNA and expressed proteins in the mammalian cell nucleus, and to study the large-scale chromatin structure in the nucleus. ..
- Cross-Coupling Reactions of OrganosilanolsSCOTT DENMARK; Fiscal Year: 2009..Synthetic approaches to isodomoic acid H, hepatitis C viral inihibiting indole alkaloids, the salicylihalimide macrolactone oximidine II, and polyene antiviral antibiotic viridenomycin are detailed. ..
- Tandem Cycloaddition Chemistry of 2-AzoniaheterodienesSCOTT DENMARK; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..