Summary: Silicon polymers that contain alternate silicon and oxygen atoms in linear or cyclic molecular structures.
Publications272 found, 100 shown here
- Impression techniques and misfit-induced strains on implant-supported superstructures: an in vitro studyMurat C Cehreli
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 26:379-85. 2006..The snap-on indirect impression technique for Straumann implants leads to acceptable superstructures, regardless of the impression material used...
- The fate of silicone oil during heat-curing glass siliconization--changes in molecular parameters analyzed by size exclusion and high temperature gas chromatographyT Mundry
Schering AG Pharmaceutical Development, Pharmaceutical Laboratory, Berlin
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 54:383-97. 2000..chromatography (SEC) and high-temperature gas chromatography (GC) with special respect to low molecular-weight siloxanes (LMWS)...
- In vitro and in vivo studies on gelatin-siloxane nanoparticles conjugated with SynB peptide to increase drug delivery to the brainXin Hua Tian
Neurosurgical Department of Affiliated Zhongshan Hospital, Xiamen University, Xiamen, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:1031-41. 2012..Gelatin-siloxane (GS) nanoparticles modified with Tat peptide can enhance plasmid DNA transfection efficiency compared with a commercial reagent...
- A survey of U.S. prosthodontists and dental schools on the current materials and methods for final impressions for complete denture prosthodonticsCynthia S Petrie
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Prosthodont 14:253-62. 2005..In addition, those methods were compared with methods and materials taught in U.S. dental schools via a second survey sent to the chairpersons of prosthodontic/restorative departments...
- Review of recent advances in research on the toxicity, detection, occurrence and fate of cyclic volatile methyl siloxanes in the environmentDe Gao Wang
Water Science and Technology Directorate, Environment Canada, 867 Lakeshore Road, Burlington, ON, Canada L7R 4A6
Chemosphere 93:711-25. 2013..High concentrations of cVMS observed in indoor air and biosolids resulted from point sources. Concentrations of cVMS in water, sediment, and soil were all below their no-observed-effect-concentrations. ..
- Air-water partition constants for volatile methyl siloxanesA Kochetkov
Institute of Experimental Meteorology, Typhoon, Kaluga Region, Russia
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:2184-8. 2001..dynamic vapor entry loop method were used to obtain the air-water partition constant for six volatile methyl siloxanes. Internally consistent data were obtained...
- Hexamethyidisiloxane: A 13-week subchronic whole-body vapor inhalation toxicity study in Fischer 344 ratsS L Cassidy
Environmental, Health, and Safety Department, Dow Corning Corporation, Midland, Michigan 48642, USA
Int J Toxicol 20:391-9. 2001..No other treatment-related histological changes were seen in HMDS-exposed rats...
- Closed-chamber inhalation pharmacokinetic studies with hexamethyldisiloxane in the ratIvan D Dobrev
Quantitative and Computational Toxicology Group, Center for Environmental Toxicology and Technology, Department of Environmental Health, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA
Inhal Toxicol 15:589-617. 2003..This conclusion is likely to hold for any volatile lipophilic compound with low blood/air partitioning...
- Safe human exposure limits for airborne linear siloxanes during spaceflightValerie E Meyers
National Aeronautics and Space Administration Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, USA
Inhal Toxicol 25:735-46. 2013Low molecular weight siloxanes are used in industrial processes and consumer products, and their vapors have been detected in the atmospheres of the Space Shuttle and International Space Station...
- Occurrence of cyclic and linear siloxanes in indoor dust from China, and implications for human exposuresYan Lu
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, 200240, China
Environ Sci Technol 44:6081-7. 2010b>Siloxanes are used in a wide variety of personal-care and other consumer products...
- Occurrence and seasonality of cyclic volatile methyl siloxanes in Arctic airIngjerd S Krogseth
NILU Norwegian Institute for Air Research, Kjeller, Norway
Environ Sci Technol 47:502-9. 2013Cyclic volatile methyl siloxanes (cVMS) are present in technical applications and personal care products. They are predicted to undergo long-range atmospheric transport, but measurements of cVMS in remote areas remain scarce...
- Global distribution of linear and cyclic volatile methyl siloxanes in airSusie Genualdi
Environment Canada, Science and Technology Branch, 4905 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M3H 5T4, Canada
Environ Sci Technol 45:3349-54. 2011..73 and 0.58 for the DEHM and BETR models, respectively. Agreement between measurements and models indicate that the sources, transport pathways, and sinks of D5 in the global atmosphere are fairly well understood...
- Concentrations and assessment of exposure to siloxanes and synthetic musks in personal care products from ChinaYan Lu
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Environ Pollut 159:3522-8. 2011We investigated the concentrations and profiles of 15 siloxanes (four cyclic siloxanes, D(4)-D(7); 11 linear siloxanes, L(4)-L(14)), four synthetic musks (two polycyclic musks, HHCB and AHTN; two nitro musks, MX and MK), and HHCB-lactone,..
- Survey of organosilicone compounds, including cyclic and linear siloxanes, in personal-care and household productsYuichi Horii
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, State University of New York at Albany, Albany, NY 12201 0509, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 55:701-10. 2008..In this study, we determined concentrations of cyclic siloxanes [octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane (D(4)), decamethylcyclopentasiloxane (D(5)), dodecamethylcyclohexasiloxane (D(6))],..
- Removal of siloxanes in biogasesM Schweigkofler
Institute of Hydrochemistry, Technical University Munich, Marchioninistrasse 17, D-81377, Munich, Germany
J Hazard Mater 83:183-96. 2001..Apart from activated charcoal, silica gel showed especially high adsorption capacities of more than 100mg/g for siloxanes. Furthermore, excellent thermal regeneration of the loaded material was possible...
- Two-year clinical evaluation of ormocer, nanohybrid and nanofill composite restorative systems in posterior teethSalah Hasab Mahmoud
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
J Adhes Dent 10:315-22. 2008..To evaluate and compare the 2-year clinical performance of an ormocer, a nanohybrid, and a nanofill resin composite with that of a microhybrid composite in restorations of small occlusal cavities made in posterior teeth...
- The effect of temperature on the viscoelastic properties of nano-hybrid compositesD Y Papadogiannis
University of Athens, School of Dentistry, Department of Biomaterials, Greece
Dent Mater 24:257-66. 2008..The purpose of this study was to examine the viscoelastic properties of nanofilled dental composites under both static and dynamic testing and to determine the influence of temperature, medium of storage and storage time...
- Indirect latex glove contamination and its inhibitory effect on vinyl polysiloxane polymerizationKatsuhiko Kimoto
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Kangawa Dental College, Yokosuka, Kangawa, Japan
J Prosthet Dent 93:433-8. 2005..However, the transfer of specific elements that cause inhibition has not been confirmed, nor has the removal of such contaminants been reported...
- Effect of conventional and experimental gingival retraction solutions on the tensile strength and inhibition of polymerization of four types of impression materialsSérgio Sábio
Department of Operative Dentistry, Endodontics and Dental Materials, Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, SP, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 16:280-5. 2008..Results of the tensile strength and polymerization inhibition tests suggest that Vislin can be used as substance of gingival retraction without affecting the tested properties of four impression materials...
- Investigating filler morphology and mechanical properties of new low-shrinkage resin composite typesJ Leprince
School of Dentistry and Stomatology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Oral Rehabil 37:364-76. 2010..Under high occlusal load, the use of Grandio and V34930 might be favoured. For small cavities, alternative technologies could be preferred as the need for mechanical resistance is lower and the potential for stress generation is greater...
- Effect of two types of latex gloves and surfactants on polymerization inhibition of three polyvinylsiloxane impression materialsAlejandro Peregrina
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Southern Illinois University, 2800 College Avenue, Alton, IL 62002, USA
J Prosthet Dent 90:289-92. 2003..Polymerization inhibition of polyvinylsiloxane impression materials has been reported when in sustained contact with some types of latex gloves...
- Novel 1H NMR approach to quantitative tissue oximetry using hexamethyldisiloxaneVikram D Kodibagkar
Cancer Imaging Program, Department of Radiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9058, USA
Magn Reson Med 55:743-8. 2006..In tumors, altering the inspired gas also produced significant (albeit generally smaller) changes. This new pO2 reporter molecule offers a potentially valuable new tool for investigating pO2 in vivo...
- Evaluation of vertical accuracy of interocclusal recordsVassilis K Vergos
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Int J Prosthodont 16:365-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate four recording materials (polyether, polyvinyl siloxane, acrylic resin, and wax) for their ability to accurately record, maintain, and reproduce the vertical interocclusal relationship...
- An experimental study on particular physical properties of several interocclusal recording media. Part I: consistency prior to settingKonstantinos X Michalakis
Division of Graduate and Postgraduate Prothodontics, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Prosthodont 13:42-6. 2004..This property is related to the viscosity as well as to the working and setting times of these materials...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of the estrogenic, androgenic, and progestagenic potential of two cyclic siloxanesAnne L Quinn
Dow Corning Corporation, Midland, Michigan 48686, USA
Toxicol Sci 96:145-53. 2007..experiments was to determine the potential estrogenic, androgenic, and progestagenic activity of two cyclic siloxanes, octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane (D4) and decamethylcyclopentasiloxane (D5)...
- Bio-molecule-conjugated fluorescent organically modified silica nanoparticles as optical probes for cancer cell imagingJun Qian
Centre for Optical and Electromagnetic Research, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Opt Express 16:19568-78. 2008..These bio-molecule functionalized ORMOSIL nanoparticles may serve as a robust tool for early diagnosis/therapy of cancer and other diseases...
- Biological removal of siloxanes from landfill and digester gases: opportunities and challengesSudeep C Popat
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:8510-5. 2008The presence of volatile methyl siloxanes (VMSs) presents challenges for using landfill and digester gases as energy fuels because of the formation of silicon dioxide deposits during combustion...
- Behaviour and adsorptive removal of siloxanes in sewage sludge biogasK Oshita
Department of Urban and Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, C Cluster, Kyoto University Katsura, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Water Sci Technol 61:2003-12. 2010We investigated the behaviour of siloxanes, which adversely affect biogas engines, as well as their concentration levels in sewage sludge biogas in Japan...
- Development of on-line measurement techniques for siloxanes and other trace compounds in biogasM Arnold
VTT, Technical Research Centre of Finland, P O Box 1000, FI 02044 VTT, Finland
Waste Manag 30:1011-7. 2010This paper focuses on the development of an on-line measurement method for siloxanes and other biogas trace compounds impeding the energy utilisation of biogas, as well as the main gas components, methane and carbon dioxide...
- Materials for interocclusal records and their ability to reproduce a 3-dimensional jaw relationshipG Ockert-Eriksson
Department of Dental Biomaterial Science, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Int J Prosthodont 13:152-8. 2000....
- Tetravinyl-tetramethylcyclo-tetrasiloxane (tetravinyl D4) is a mutagen in Rat2lambda lacI fibroblastsK Felix
Laboratory of Genetics, DBS, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 19:315-20. 1998..We chose to examine the possibility that low molecular wt silicone compounds such as siloxanes, leaking from the complex silicone gel matrix into the surrounding tissue, may be mutagenic...
- Hexamethyldisiloxane-based nanoprobes for (1) H MRI oximetryPraveen K Gulaka
Joint Program in Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas and University of Texas at Arlington, TX, USA
NMR Biomed 24:1226-34. 2011..Dynamic changes in mean thigh tissue pO(2) were measured using the PISTOL (proton imaging of siloxanes to map tissue oxygenation levels) technique in response to oxygen challenge...
- Proton imaging of siloxanes to map tissue oxygenation levels (PISTOL): a tool for quantitative tissue oximetryVikram D Kodibagkar
Cancer Imaging Program, Department of Radiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
NMR Biomed 21:899-907. 2008..A rapid MRI approach has now been designed, implemented, and tested. The technique, proton imaging of siloxanes to map tissue oxygenation levels (PISTOL), utilizes frequency-selective excitation of the HMDSO resonance and ..
- Synthesis of full-length oligonucleotides: cleavage of apurinic molecules on a novel supportM Kwiatkowski
Department of Medical Genetics, Uppsala University, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 24:4632-8. 1996..This ensures that all molecules that preserve the 5' protecting group when cleaved from the support will have both correct 3'- and 5'-ends. We demonstrate the application of the support for synthesis of padlock probe molecules...
- The effect of sulcular width on the linear accuracy of impression materials in the presence of an undercutHaim Baharav
Department of Oral Rehabilitation, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldshleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Int J Prosthodont 17:585-9. 2004..This study examined the effect of gingival sulcular width, in the presence of an undercut, on the accuracy of dies poured from impressions made with different impression materials...
- The effect of different types of flowable restorative resins on microleakage of Class V cavitiesA Ruya Yazici
Hacettepe University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Conservative Dentistry, Ankara, Turkey
Oper Dent 28:773-8. 2003..The gingival margins had significantly more microleakage than the occlusal margins (p < 0.05) except in the Admira Flow group, where microleakage at the occlusal and gingival margins was almost equal...
- Clinical performance and wear resistance of two compomers in posterior occlusal restorations of permanent teeth: six-year follow-upR G Lund
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Pelotas, RS, Brazil
Oper Dent 32:118-23. 2007..65) was detected between wear and evaluation time (p < 0.001). Despite the decrease in restoration quality and the increase in occlusal wear, nearly all restorations were considered acceptable after the six-year evaluation...
- Dimensional accuracy of a new polyether impression materialTatsuo Endo
Division of Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Japan
Quintessence Int 37:47-51. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the dimensional accuracy of stone dies produced from standardized impressions with 1 new and 1 conventional polyether impression material and a polyvinyl siloxane reference material...
- Effects of a chemical disinfectant on the physical properties of dental stonesB Daniel Hall
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, California 92350, USA
Int J Prosthodont 17:65-71. 2004..This study compared the effects of an antimicrobial agent (Asepto-Sol) on the physical properties of types III, IV, and V gypsum casts made from two types of impression materials...
- The effect of different adhesives on vinyl polysiloxane bond strength to two tray materialsA Peregrina
Section of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, 305 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Prosthet Dent 94:209-13. 2005..Universal adhesives for vinyl polysiloxane (VPS) are used in practice, but comparative bond strengths have not been reported...
- The frictional coefficients and associated wear resistance of novel low-shrink resin-based compositesW M Palin
Biomaterials Unit, The University of Birmingham School of Dentistry, St Chad s Queensway, UK
Dent Mater 21:1111-8. 2005..Consequently, the micromechanical wear properties of conventional methacrylate compared with novel oxirane RBCs were assessed...
- A comparison of dimensional accuracy between three different addition cured silicone impression materialsL Forrester-Baker
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 13:69-74. 2005..Thus, any change in measured dimensions occurring during impression making, was compensated for in some way by the casting process...
- Accuracy of newly formulated fast-setting elastomeric impression materialsChandur P K Wadhwani
School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195 USA
J Prosthet Dent 93:530-9. 2005..Elastomeric impression materials have been reformulated to achieve a faster set. The accuracy of fast-setting elastomeric impression materials should be confirmed, particularly with respect to disinfection...
- Effect of measurement site on the dimensional accuracy of die-forming materials and techniquesCynthia S Petrie
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Dentistry, USA
Gen Dent 52:228-32. 2004..This investigation utilized a standardized model with two identical dies to measure die accuracy at four sites, using five different die-forming materials/techniques...
- The effect of a range of disinfectants on the dimensional accuracy of some impression materialsD C Jagger
Department of Oral and Dental Science, Division of Restorative Dentistry, Bristol Dental School and Hospital, UK
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 12:154-60. 2004..The results of the studied demonstrated that the various disinfection treatments had different effects on the impression materials. It is important that an appropriate disinfectant is used for each type of impression material...
- A pin amalgam or composite core foundation technique for teeth with minimal coronal structureJohn S Mamoun
Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program, University of Rochester Eastman Dental Center, NY, USA
J Prosthet Dent 91:599-602. 2004..A technique is presented for doing so by making a wax foundation on the tooth and injecting vinyl polysiloxane impression material around the foundation to form a matrix for the tooth, using rubber dam clamps to stabilize the matrix...
- Dimensional accuracy of 2-stage putty-wash impressions: influence of impression trays and viscosityMarkus Balkenhol
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Schlangenzahl 14, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 20:573-5. 2007..Zero viscosity of the materials was determined. Dimensional accuracy was significantly affected when DiTs were used. Lower-viscosity wash materials led to more precise impressions...
- Hydrophilicity of elastomeric non-aqueous impression materials during settingFrank Rupp
Section of Medical Materials and Technology, Department of Prosthodontics and Medical Materials, University of Tuebingen, Osianderstr 2 8, D 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Dent Mater 21:94-102. 2005..The major objective of this study was to develop an experimental set-up and an analysis strategy for wettability measurements of impression materials during their working time...
- Marginal adaptation of indirect composites and ceramic inlay systemsCarlos Jose Soares
Operative Dentistry Laboratory, Piracicaba Dental School State University of Campinas, Brazil
Oper Dent 28:689-94. 2003..Duceram LFC showed greater marginal discrepancy than Solidex, Artglass and Targis, which showed no statistically significant differences among them...
- Applicable research in practice: understanding the hydrophilic and flow property measurements of impression materialsRonald D Perry
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 27:582-6. 2006..Applying this knowledge to practice, the authors present a clinical case in which a polyether's superior flow and quality of detail were used to make impressions for a patient receiving 8 single-unit zirconia crowns...
- The effects of abutment wall height, platform size, and screw access channel filling method on resistance to dislodgement of cement-retained, implant-supported restorationsMark Emms
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, London, UK
J Prosthodont 16:3-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect that varying implant abutment wall height, platform size, and screw access channel filling method has on the retention of castings cemented to implant abutments using TempBond...
- Working time of elastomeric impression materials: relevance of rheological testsMarkus Balkenhol
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Am J Dent 20:347-52. 2007..To study possible relationships between rheological parameters of elastomeric impression materials and their dimensional accuracy at different stages during setting within the manufacturers' recommended working time...
- Computer aided analysis of digitized dental stone replicas by dental CAD/CAM technologyAnna S K Persson
Institute of Odontology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Dent Mater 24:1123-30. 2008..To determine the reproducibility of digitized dental stone replicas compared to the master model and the reliability of the computer aided analysis...
- Effect of relative humidity on the hydrophilicity of unset elastomeric impression materialsFrank Rupp
Department of Prosthodontics, Section Medical Materials and Technology, University Hospiral Tuebingen, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 21:69-71. 2008..This PVS showed increased hydrophilicity with increasing RH. The initial hydrophilicity of impression materials can be influenced by the RH level. Accounting for RH will enhance the clinical relevance of hydrophilicity studies...
- Dimensional accuracy of resultant casts made by a monophase, one-step and two-step, and a novel two-step putty/light-body impression technique: an in vitro studySergio Caputi
Prosthetic Dentistry, Department of Oral Sciences, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Prosthet Dent 99:274-81. 2008..Dimensional accuracy when making impressions is crucial to the quality of fixed prosthodontic treatment, and the impression technique is a critical factor affecting this accuracy...
- Microleakage and polymerization shrinkage of various polymer restorative materialsDavid Alain Gerdolle
Swiss Dental Clinics, Vevey, Switzerland
J Dent Child (Chic) 75:125-33. 2008..The aim of this in vitro study was to evaluate the polymerization shrinkage and the microleakage of direct resin-based restorative materials commonly used in pediatric dentistry...
- Effect of surfactant on surface hardness of dental stone and investment casts produced from polyvinyl siloxane duplicating materialsAttalah Al-Johani
Department of Prosthodontics, Kings College London Dental Institute, UK
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 16:77-80. 2008..Surface hardness of FujiRock increased with Wax-Mate surfactant. However, surface hardness of Croform WB investment material decreased with both topical surfactants...
- Long-term dimensional stability and reproduction of surface detail of four polyvinyl siloxane duplicating materialsRavi Pant
King s College, London Dental Institute, Department of Prosthodontics, London, United Kingdom
J Dent 36:456-61. 2008..The dimensional stability of four PVS duplicating materials was investigated over a 13-week period...
- A clear PVS matrix technique for the placement of posterior direct compositesGabriele Conte
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, University of Rome Tor Vergata
Dent Today 27:124, 126-7. 2008
- Effect of subgingival depth of implant placement on the dimensional accuracy of the implant impression: an in vitro studyHeeje Lee
Department of Prosthodontics, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
J Prosthet Dent 99:107-13. 2008..PURPOSE.: The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of subgingival depth of implant placement on the accuracy of implant impressions...
- Surface detail reproduction of elastomeric impression materials related to rheological propertiesMatthew J German
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Dent Mater 24:951-6. 2008..The purpose of this work was to discern, for elastomeric impression materials, the important rheological properties and importance of hydrophilicity for detail reproduction...
- Marginal and internal fit of all-ceramic crowns fabricated with two different CAD/CAM systemsKyu Bok Lee
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, 2 50 Samduk dong, Jung Gu, Daegu 700 721, Korea
Dent Mater J 27:422-6. 2008..On internal gaps, Cerec 3D crowns showed significantly larger internal gaps than Procera copings and crowns (p < 0.05). Within the limitations of this study, the single-layer system demonstrated acceptable marginal and internal fit...
- Fractographic ceramic failure analysis using the replica techniqueSusanne S Scherrer
Department of Prosthodontics Biomaterials, University of Geneva, School of Dental Medicine, 19, Barthélemy Menn, 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Dent Mater 23:1397-404. 2007..To demonstrate the effectiveness of in vivo replicas of fractured ceramic surfaces for descriptive fractography as applied to the analysis of clinical failures...
- Assessment of preference of mixing techniques and duration of mixing and tray loading for two viscosities of vinyl polysiloxane materialJung Nam
School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7456, USA
J Prosthet Dent 97:12-7. 2007..Information regarding operators' preferences for different impression mixing techniques and duration of mixing and tray loading is limited...
- Accurate impression material and technique for well-adapted restorationsRichard Trushkowsky
New York University College of Dentistry, USA
Dent Today 26:120, 122-3. 2007
- Accuracy of contacts calculated from 3D images of occlusal surfacesR DeLong
Minnesota Dental Research Center for Biomaterials and Biomechanics, Department of Restorative Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, USA
J Dent 35:528-34. 2007..Compare occlusal contacts calculated from 3D virtual models created from clinical records to contacts identified clinically using shimstock and transillumination...
- Precision of fit of two margin designs for metal-ceramic crownsPenwadee Limkangwalmongkol
Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics, and Operative Dentistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Prosthodont 16:233-7. 2007..Although metal-ceramic restorations are widely used, there is a lack of information about how the fit is affected by margin designs...
- Pre- and post-set hydrophilicity of elastomeric impression materialsKonstantinos X Michalakis
Division of Graduate and Postgraduate Prosthodontics, Tufts University, School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Prosthodont 16:238-48. 2007To evaluate the hydrophilicity of one polyether, four poly(vinyl siloxanes), and one condensation silicone before and after setting under simulated clinical conditions, and to correlate the findings to the contact angle values of these ..
- Evaluation of the accuracy of implant-level impression techniques for internal-connection implant prostheses in parallel and divergent modelsJung Han Choi
Department of Prosthodontics, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:761-8. 2007....
- A modified putty-wash vinyl polysiloxane impression technique for fixed prosthodonticsNopsaran Chaimattayompol
Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Prosthet Dent 98:483-5. 2007
- Tear strength of five elastomeric impression materials at two setting times and two tearing ratesNathaniel C Lawson
School of Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35295 0007, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 20:186-93. 2008..This study measures the tear strength of six fast and regular set impression materials after different setting times and at different tearing rates...
- Use of transparent polyvinylsiloxane to replicate gingival peri-implant soft tissueIra H Orenstein
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dental Service 160, 130 West Kingsbridge Road, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
J Prosthet Dent 90:410-2. 2003..This article describes a technique for fabricating a definitive cast using a transparent polyvinylsiloxane material to replicate the peri-implant gingiva...
- Hydraulic implant abutment level impressionsJeffrey C Hoos
Tex Dent J 120:888-9. 2003
- Abrasion resistance of a resin-impregnated type IV gypsum in comparison to conventional productsTerry J Lindquist
Department of Prosthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:319-22. 2002..Limited abrasion resistance is one of the disadvantages of gypsum materials. One means to improve these properties may be the addition of various polymers to reinforce surface and subsurface wear resistance...
- Gingival sulcus simulation model for evaluating the penetration characteristics of elastomeric impression materialsPantira Aimjirakul
Fixed Prosthodontics, Department of Restorative Sciences, Division of Oral Health Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Int J Prosthodont 16:385-9. 2003..This study evaluated the ability of five elastomeric impression materials to penetrate the gingival sulcus beyond the preparation margin...
- Composite implant abutment analogs for solid castsHerman B Dumbrigue
Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:410. 2002
- Clinical factors and clinical variation influencing the reproducibility of interocclusal recording methodsA Eriksson
Department of Dental Biomaterial Science, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Br Dent J 192:395-400; discussion 391. 2002..Three distinct areas were examined: 1) mandibular positions (intercuspal position (IP) or retruded contact position (RCP)), 2) materials used in recording the occlusion, 3) clinical variation...
- In vitro study of transmission of bacteria from contaminated metal models to stone models via impressionsA Sofou
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Dental School, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Oral Investig 6:166-70. 2002..The conclusion is that even after severe contamination, the risks to dental laboratory personnel are minimal. "Normal" hygienic procedures are recommended instead of disinfection...
- Indirectly formed matrix for multiple composite core restorations: two clinical treatments illustrating an expanded techniqueGus J Livaditis
Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Prosthet Dent 88:245-51. 2002..An alternative method in which light-polymerized core composite is used with a vacuum-formed, dual-laminate transparent matrix is described and compared with the semirigid elastomeric matrix...
- Reproducibility of interocclusal recording for mandibular removable partial denture in bilateral distal extension casesHiroshi Togano
Removable Prosthodontics, Department of Masticatory Function Rehabilitation, Division of Oral Health Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Med Dent Sci 50:53-61. 2003..With the functional impression technique utilizing AW was revealed to minimize the amount of interocclusal displacement...
- A simplified impression technique for dental implantsRobert E Vogel
Compend Contin Educ Dent 23:13-6. 2002..Most general practitioners do not wish to attempt to restore dental implants. This article describes a very simple, yet extremely accurate, technique for making impressions of dental implant fixtures...
- Wettability, imbibition, and mass change of disinfected low-viscosity impression materialsXavier Lepe
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash 98195 7456, USA
J Prosthet Dent 88:268-76. 2002..There is an ongoing effort by dental manufacturers to create impression materials with improved wetting properties. Disinfection solutions may alter the surface characteristics of these newer materials...
- Accuracy of a system for creating 3D computer models of dental archesR DeLong
Minnesota Dental Research Center for Biomaterials and Biomechanics, Department of Oral Science, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Moos Health Science Tower, 515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Dent Res 82:438-42. 2003..Accuracy +/- precision for the casts and impressions was 0.024 +/- 0.002 mm and 0.013 +/- 0.003 mm, respectively. The system produced computer models with sufficient accuracy for clinical application...
- Developing an optimal emergence profile of the definitive restoration with a modified impression cap technique for ITI solid abutmentSong Bor Kuo
Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Prosthet Dent 88:646-8. 2002..This article describes an efficient technique to solve this problem and reviews its advantages and disadvantages...
- Pressure generated on a simulated oral analog by impression materials in custom trays of different designsRadi Masri
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201, USA
J Prosthodont 11:155-60. 2002..To measure the pressure exerted by maxillary edentulous impressions composed of 3 commonly used impression materials using four different impression tray configurations...
- Composite indirect-direct method for fabricating multiple-unit provisional restorationsHerman B Dumbrigue
Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas 75246, USA
J Prosthet Dent 89:86-8. 2003..This method reduces chair time, as well as laboratory time required to fabricate provisional restorations. Control of restoration contours and incisal edge position is also enhanced...
- Changes in water contact angles during the first phase of setting of dental impression materialsMatthias Mondon
Department of Physics, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 16:49-53. 2003..This study compared the properties of the initial water contact of two different dental impression materials and their subsequent development during polymerization...
- The effect of surface moisture on detail reproduction of elastomeric impressionsGlen H Johnson
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Box 357456, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7456, USA
J Prosthet Dent 90:354-64. 2003..Monophase and dual-viscosity impression techniques are available with little knowledge of which one might render better quality under wet and dry surface conditions...
- Trihalomethane formation during water disinfection in four water supplies in the Somes river basin in RomaniaDumitru Ristoiu
Faculty of Environmental Science, University Babes Bolyai Cluj Napoca, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:S55-65. 2009..Laboratory kinetic studies were also performed to investigate whether there is a relationship between raw water dissolved organic matter, residual chlorine, water temperature and THM formation...
- Variation in emulsion stabilization behavior of hybrid silicone polymers with change in molecular structure: Phase diagram studySomil C Mehta
NSF Industry University Cooperative Research Center for Advanced Studies in Novel Surfactants, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Colloid Interface Sci 333:635-40. 2009..Currently most applications use polyoxyethylene (non-ionic) modified siloxanes as emulsifiers to stabilize silicone oil emulsions...
- Evaluation of disinfected casts poured in gypsum with gum arabic and calcium hydroxide additivesKhalid M Abdelaziz
Department of Dental Materials, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University, Egypt
J Prosthet Dent 92:27-34. 2004..Disinfection of stone casts is an important measure for the control of cross-contamination. Many approaches have been used to disinfect stone casts, but information regarding the accuracy of the resultant casts is limited...
- Improved gas chromatography/mass spectrometry analysis of barbiturates in urine using centrifuge-based solid-phase extraction, methylation, with d5-pentobarbital as internal standardR H Liu
Department of Criminal Justice, University of Alabama at Birmingham
J Forensic Sci 39:1504-14. 1994..Precision data (% CV) for GC/MS analysis, over-all procedure, and day-to-day performance are approximately 2.0%, 6.0%, and 8.0%, respectively. With the use of a 2 mL sample size, the attainable detection limit is approximately 20 ng/mL...
- Effect of surgical denervation on orthodontic tooth movement in ratsJames R Miller
Division of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 131:620-6. 2007..The objective of this study was to measure the differences in orthodontic tooth movement between rats treated with and without surgical transection of the maxillary nerve...
- 2000 Judson C. Hickey Scientific Writing Award. Effect of impression materials on hybridized dentinM Nahon
School of Dentistry, The Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Ga 30912 1260, USA
J Prosthet Dent 85:568-74. 2001..Tooth sensitivity after crown preparation is not an uncommon complication. For dentin bonding agents to be effective in preventing postoperative sensitivity, they must remain intact throughout the fixed prosthodontic procedures...
- Preservation of the negative image of tooth enamel with dental impression material enhances morphometric measurements of gingival overgrowthMarian L Miller
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Ohio 45267 0056, USA
Microsc Res Tech 60:528-36. 2003..Four dental alginates, three polyvinyl siloxanes, and one polyether and gelatin were used...
- Dorsal horn administration of muscimol abolishes the muscle pressor reflexL B Wilson
Department of Physiology, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 90:919-25. 2001..Furthermore, these data support the hypothesis that branches of primary afferent neurons, not intraspinal pathways, are responsible for the multisegmental integration of the pressor reflex...
- The efficacy of posterior three-unit zirconium-oxide-based ceramic fixed partial dental prostheses: a prospective clinical pilot studyAriel J Raigrodski
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Prosthet Dent 96:237-44. 2006..Although zirconium-oxide-based restorations for fixed partial denture prostheses (FPDPs) are available for use, clinical studies evaluating their longevity and related complications have not been published...
- Determination of descriptors for organosilicon compounds by gas chromatography and non-aqueous liquid-liquid partitioningHamid Ahmed
Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Chromatogr A 1169:179-92. 2007..Many of the E descriptor values (electron lone pair interactions) are negative for simple siloxanes and silanes indicating that these compound bind electron lone pairs more tightly than n-alkanes...
- Use of derivatized cyclodextrins as chiral selectors for the separation of enantiomers by gas chromatographyV Schurig
Institute for Organic Chemistry, University of Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 18, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Ann Pharm Fr 68:82-98. 2010..Semi)-preparative enantioseparations by GC have been advanced...
- Temperature effects on the rheological properties of current polyether and polysiloxane impression materials during settingJohn C Berg
University of Seattle, Wash, USA
J Prosthet Dent 90:150-61. 2003..Because temperature may affect properties and the setting kinetics, clinically relevant inferences may not be accurate with studies conducted at room temperature...
- Monitoring of pesticide residues in a cotton crop soilL C Luchini
, , , Brazil
J Environ Sci Health B 35:51-9. 2000..The results show that in the cotton crop soil the pesticide residues under study were present in the range of 0.1 to 0.4 mg.kg-1. Endosulfan was found to be rapidly degraded in the soil and formed a sulfate metabolite...
- Iron functionalized silica as oral phosphate binder to treat hyperphosphatemiaWassana Yantasee; Fiscal Year: 2012..The new drug is aimed to have higher efficacy, less pill burden, lower costs, and less adverse effects, resultin in higher pill adherence than the current drugs. ..
- OVERALL HEMOCOMPATIBILITY PEO-FUNCTIONALIZED SILOXANESWilliam Collins; Fiscal Year: 2003..of an exciting family of biomaterials, polydimethylsiloxanes end-functionalized with poly(ethylene oxide) (PEO siloxanes), to further such design. The properties of the PEO siloxanes will be tailored to optimize blood compatibility...
- OVERALL HEMOCOMPATIBILITY PEO-FUNCTIONALIZED SILOXANESWilliam Collins; Fiscal Year: 2001..of an exciting family of biomaterials, polydimethylsiloxanes end-functionalized with poly(ethylene oxide) (PEO siloxanes), to further such design. The properties of the PEO siloxanes will be tailored to optimize blood compatibility...
- SILOXANE COUPLINGS AND NATURAL PRODUCT SYNTHESISPhilip DeShong; Fiscal Year: 2001..this research is to determine the scope and limitations of the palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling of hypervalent siloxanes with allylic ester and aryl derivatives...
- Tandem Cycloaddition Chemistry of 2-AzoniaheterodienesSCOTT DENMARK; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cross-Coupling Reactions of OrganosilanolsSCOTT DENMARK; Fiscal Year: 2009..Synthetic approaches to isodomoic acid H, hepatitis C viral inihibiting indole alkaloids, the salicylihalimide macrolactone oximidine II, and polyene antiviral antibiotic viridenomycin are detailed. ..
- VIRTUAL DENTAL PATIENTRalph DeLong; Fiscal Year: 2001..In light of these developments, an authenticated VDP seems not only possible and beneficial, but inevitable and of high program relevance. ..
- Flourescent Ceramic Nanoprobes (RMI)TIMOTHY BOYLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..All of the innovations uncovered during the preparation of these nanoprobes will be shared in order to benefit medical research applications beyond those proposed in this investigation. ..
- Mercury exposure and the innate immune response in autoimmune heart diseaseJennifer Nyland; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim 3. To test the hypothesis that: Human exposure to Hg induces changes in the immune system that are measurable and indicative of elevated risk of autoimmune dysfunction. ..
- Smart Substrates for a New Generation of ImplantsIrving Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2009..Outcomes from this study will provide information for engineering of orthopaedic and dental implants that can be tested at the clinical level. ..
- BONE GROWTH IN DENTAL, CRANIAL AND SKELETAL TISSUESIrving Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANNONACEOUS ACETOGENINS AND ANALOGUESJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The synthetic approach will employ chiral allylic and allenic organometal reagents to introduce stereogenic centers with concurrent formation of carbon-carbon bonds. ..
- CRANIOFACIAL DEVELOPMENT: METABOLIC CONTROL OF APOPTOSISIrving Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2003..Taken together, these studies should highlight the molecular basis of bone cell apoptosis, a phenomenon that is now considered critical for bone growth and skeletal remodeling. ..
- Synthesis of Tumor Inhibitory Marine Natural ProductsJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2004..The main chemical issues to be addressed include the control of stereochemistry by means of chiral organometal chemistry and the design of new and efficient routes to structurally novel natural products. ..
- FLUOROUS METHODS FOR TRADITIONAL AND PARALLEL SYNTHESISDENNIS CURRAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..In short, the work will help to move the very young field of fluorous chemistry from infancy into childhood. ..
- Purchase of a 600 MHz NMR Spectrometer with CryoprobeDENNIS CURRAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research often requires sophisticated NMR experiments on small samples, and the requested 600 MHz spectrometer will greatly expedite ongoing and planned work. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RADICAL REACTIONS FOR NATURAL PRODUCTSDENNIS CURRAN; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Dermatopharmacokinetics: In Vivo Analysis of SolventsKarla Thrall; Fiscal Year: 2005..To evaluate the kinetics and dermal bioavailability of ethylbenzene, styrene, and toluene vapor using F344 rats. ..