Genomes and Genes
Summary: Compounds similar to hydrocarbons in which a tetravalent silicon atom replaces the carbon atom. They are very reactive, ignite in air, and form useful derivatives.
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- An introduction to silanes and their clinical applications in dentistryJukka P Matinlinna
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Research, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Finland
Int J Prosthodont 17:155-64. 2004This overview presents a description of organofunctional trialkoxysilane coupling agents (silanes), their chemistry, properties, use, and some of the main clinical experiences in dentistry.
- Effect of zirconium-oxide ceramic surface treatments on the bond strength to adhesive resinSaadet Saglam Atsu
Department of Prosthodontics, Kirikkale University, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 95:430-6. 2006..Surface treatment methods used for resin bonding to conventional silica-based dental ceramics are not reliable for zirconium-oxide ceramics...
- Surface characterization of feldspathic ceramic using ATR FT-IR and ellipsometry after various silanization protocolsJosé Renato Cavalcanti Queiroz
Sao Paulo State University, Department of Prosthodontics and Dental Materials, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Dent Mater 28:189-96. 2012..This study characterized the feldspathic ceramic surfaces after various silanization protocols...
- Contributions of phosphate to DNA adsorption/desorption behaviors on aminosilane-modified magnetic nanoparticlesTsuyoshi Tanaka
Department of Biotechnology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2 24 16, Naka cho, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Langmuir 25:2956-61. 2009....
- Effect of post-silanization drying on the bond strength of composite to ceramicChiayi Shen
Department of Dental Biomaterials, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32610 7808, USA
J Prosthet Dent 91:453-8. 2004..The temperature reported for thermally treating silanated ceramics to improve composite-ceramic bonding is often too high for chairside applications...
- Surface modification for enhanced silanation of zirconia ceramicsJ R Piascik
RTI International, Center for Materials and Electronic Technologies, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Dent Mater 25:1116-21. 2009..e. zirconia) to facilitate viable, robust adhesive bonding using commercially available silanes and resin cements.
- The effect of different surface treatments on bond strength between leucite reinforced feldspathic ceramic and composite resinAndrea Fabianelli
Department of Dental Materials, University of Siena, Italy
J Dent 38:39-43. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of different surface treatments on the microtensile bond strength between a leucite reinforced glass-ceramic and composite resin...
- Ceramic-based nanoparticles entrapping water-insoluble photosensitizing anticancer drugs: a novel drug-carrier system for photodynamic therapyIndrajit Roy
Institute of Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics, Department of Chemistry, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14260 3000, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:7860-5. 2003..Significant damage to such impregnated tumor cells was observed upon irradiation with light of wavelength 650 nm. Thus, the potential of using ceramic-based nanoparticles as drug carriers for photodynamic therapy has been demonstrated...
- Enhanced cellular uptake of aminosilane-coated superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles in mammalian cell linesXiao Ming Zhu
Department of Imaging and Interventional Radiology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong SAR
Int J Nanomedicine 7:953-64. 2012....
- Adhesive bonding of composite material to cast titanium with varying surface preparationsH Yanagida
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Sakamoto, Nagasaki, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 29:121-6. 2002..0 and 19.0 MPa) than the other groups (0.2-12.6 MPa, P < 0.05). These two systems are considered to be useful for improving bonding between the titanium and the composite material tested...
- The effect of a 3-methacryloxypropyltrimethoxysilane and vinyltriisopropoxysilane blend and tris(3-trimethoxysilylpropyl)isocyanurate on the shear bond strength of composite resin to titanium metalJukka P Matinlinna
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Research, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Lemminkaisenkatu 2, 20520, Finland
Dent Mater 20:804-13. 2004The aim of this study was to evaluate the reactions of silanes prior to attaching the composite to titanium and evaluate these silanes as coupling agents. Veneered titanium may be used as a prosthetic material.
- Effect of surface treatments on tensile bond strength and on morphology of quartz-fiber postsCamillo D'Arcangelo
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University G d Annunzio Chieti, Chieti, Italy
J Endod 33:264-7. 2007..The increase in retentive strength was more remarkable in sandblasted and etched posts. Significant changes of post surfaces were SEM observed after different conditioning treatments...
- Evaluation of five dental silanes on bonding a luting cement onto silica-coated titaniumJ P Matinlinna
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Science, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Lemminkaisenkatu 2, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
J Dent 34:721-6. 2006Five commercial dental silanes were evaluated in vitro as adhesion promoters bonding a luting cement to silica-coated titanium surfaces.
- Bonding strength of autopolymerizing resin to nylon denture base polymerYuki Katsumata
Division of Prosthetics, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Kanagawa Dental College
Dent Mater J 28:409-18. 2009..Therefore, findings in this study indicated that silica-coating by Rocatec system was effective in improving the bond strength of nylon denture base polymer to autopolymerizing repair resin...
- Structure and charging of hydrophobic material/water interfaces studied by phase-sensitive sum-frequency vibrational spectroscopyC S Tian
Department of Physics, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15148-53. 2009..The result also explains the surprising observation that the isoelectric point appeared at approximately 3.0 when HCl was used to decrease the pH starting from neat water...
- Effect of surface preparation on the failure load of a highly filled composite resin bonded to a denture base resinHiroshi Shimizu
Division of Removable Prosthodontics, Department of Oral Rehabilitation, Fukuoka Dental College, Fukuoka, Japan
J Prosthodont 18:684-7. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of the surface preparation on the maximum fracture load value of a highly filled gingival shade composite resin bonded to a denture base resin...
- Aspects of silane coupling agents and surface conditioning in dentistry: an overviewChristie Ying Kei Lung
Dental Materials Science, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, China
Dent Mater 28:467-77. 2012..To give an overview of aspects of silane coupling agents and surface conditioning in dentistry...
- Chitosan: potential use as a bioactive coating for orthopaedic and craniofacial/dental implantsJoel D Bumgardner
Biomedical Engineering Program, Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Mississippi State University, MS State, MS 39762, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 14:423-38. 2003..These results indicated that chitosan has the potential to be used as a biocompatible, bioactive coating for orthopaedic and craniofacial implant devices...
- Effect of adhesive resin cements and post surface silanization on the bond strengths of adhesively inserted fiber postsKarl Thomas Wrbas
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School and Dental Hospital, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg i Br, Germany
J Endod 33:840-3. 2007..Silanization had no significant effect (P > .05, one-way analysis of variance). Tensile bond strengths were significantly influenced by the type of resin cement. Silanization of fiber post surfaces seems to have no clinical relevance...
- Effects of different silanes and acid concentrations on bond strength of brackets to porcelain surfacesGoksu Trakyali
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Turkey
Eur J Orthod 31:402-6. 2009..The concentration of etching gels did not result in any statistically significant difference on the in vitro bond strength when evaluated separately...
- Effect of drying time of 3-methacryloxypropyltrimethoxysilane on the shear bond strength of a composite resin to silica-coated base/noble alloysMutlu Ozcan
Department of Dentistry and Dental Hygiene, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, NL 9713 AV, The Netherlands
Dent Mater 20:586-90. 2004....
- The adhesion between prefabricated FRC posts and composite resin cores: microtensile bond strength with and without post-silanizationCecilia Goracci
Department of Dental Materials, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Dent Mater 21:437-44. 2005....
- Influence of surface treatment and simulated aging on bond strengths of luting agents to zirconiaMarkus B Blatz
Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Quintessence Int 38:745-53. 2007..To evaluate short- and long-term shear bond strengths of 4 luting agents to zirconia following different surface treatments...
- Microtensile bond strength of a dual-cure resin core material to glass and quartz fibre postsJuthatip Aksornmuang
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
J Dent 32:443-50. 2004..To evaluate the microtensile bond strength (microTBS) of a dual-cure resin core material to different regions of fibre posts using different surface treatments...
- The effect of silane on the bond strengths of fiber postsJorge Perdigao
Department of Restorative Sciences, Division of Operative Dentistry, University of Minnesota, 8 450 Moos Tower, 515 SE Delaware St, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Dent Mater 22:752-8. 2006..Esthetic posts have been developed to maximize the foundation of esthetic restorations. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of silane on the bond strength of three fiber-reinforced resin posts (fiber posts)...
- Effects of pretreatment and thermocycling on bond strength of resin core materials to various fiber-reinforced composite postsKerstin Bitter
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, CharitéCentrum 3, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Adhes Dent 10:481-9. 2008..To evaluate the effects of pretreatment (silanization) and thermocycling on bond strengths of 2 core materials to 3 different types of fiber posts...
- Effects of silica coating and silane surface conditioning on the bond strength of metal and ceramic brackets to enamelSaadet Saglam Atsu
Prosthetic Dentistry, Kirikkale University, Turkey
Angle Orthod 76:857-62. 2006..To evaluate the effect of tribochemical silica coating and silane surface conditioning on the bond strength of metal and ceramic brackets bonded to enamel surfaces with light-cured composite resin...
- Microtensile bond strength of a resin cement to feldpathic ceramic after different etching and silanization regimens in dry and aged conditionsAline Scalone Brentel
Sao Paulo State University, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Dent Mater 23:1323-31. 2007..This study evaluated the durability of bond strength between resin cement and a feldspathic ceramic submitted to different etching regimens with and without silane coupling agent application...
- Effect of surface treatment of titanium posts on the tensile bond strengthPetra Schmage
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Dental School, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Dent Mater 22:189-94. 2006..The purpose of this investigation was to investigate the effect of two conditioning treatments on the tensile bond strength of four resin-based luting cements and zinc phosphate cement to titanium posts...
- Effects of silica coating and silane surface conditioning on the bond strength of rebonded metal and ceramic bracketsSaadet Atsü
Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Kirikkale University, Kirikkale, Turkey
J Appl Oral Sci 19:233-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of tribochemical silica coating and silane surface conditioning on the bond strength of rebonded metal and ceramic brackets...
- OTS-modified HA and its toughening effect on PLLA/HA porous compositeChunli Yang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310027, People s Republic of China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 20:667-72. 2009..These results showed that OTS modification can effectively improve the interface compatibility between HA surface and PLLA...
- Influence of airborne-particle abrasion on mechanical properties and bond strength of carbon/epoxy and glass/bis-GMA fiber-reinforced resin postsCarlos Jose Soares
Biomechanical Group, Dentistry and Dental Materials School of Dentistry, Federal University of Uberlandia, Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 99:444-54. 2008..Controversy exists concerning the use of fiber-reinforced posts to improve bond strength to resin cement because some precementation treatments can compromise the mechanical properties of the posts...
- Effect of composition, viscosity and thickness of the opaquer on the adhesion of resin composite to titaniumMutlu Ozcan
University of Zurich, Dental Materials Unit, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Materials Science, Plattenstrasse 11, CH 8032, Zurich, Switzerland
Dent Mater 25:1248-55. 2009....
- Surface treatments on quartz fiber post: influence on adhesion and flexural propertiesNicolas Cheleux
Faculty of Odontology, Paul Sabatier University, 3 chemin des Maraichers, 31062 Toulouse, France
Am J Dent 20:375-9. 2007..To evaluate (1) the effect of various surface treatments to optimize post adhesion, and (2) if these surface treatments had any adverse effect on the overall mechanical and chemical properties of the posts...
- Comparison of in vitro tensile bond strengths of luting cements to metallic and tooth-colored postsSevil Sahmali
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hacettepe, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 24:256-63. 2004..Bonds to carbon-fiber post materials were weaker than to metallic post materials, but stronger than to zirconium oxide. In general, higher bond strengths resulted in a higher percentage of cohesive failures...
- The effect of sandblasting on adhesion of a dual-cured resin composite to methacrylic fiber posts: microtensile bond strength and SEM evaluationIvana Radovic
Clinic for Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Belgrade, Dr Subotica 11, Beograd 11000, Serbia
J Dent 35:496-502. 2007..To evaluate the influence of different surface treatments on the microtensile bond strength of a dual-cured resin composite to fiber posts...
- Influence of silane heat treatment on bond strength of resin cement to a feldspathic ceramicRodrigo Furtado de Carvalho
Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Rua Jose Lourenco Kelme, Campus University, Juiz de Fora, Brazil
Dent Mater J 30:392-7. 2011..G1 (17.6±2.3 MPa) and G2 (19±3.2 MPa) showed significantly higher mean bond strength than those of G3 (9.1±2.8 MPa) and G4 (10.9±1.8 MPa). SEM analysis showed exclusively mixed failures. Silane HT did not increase the bond strength...
- Material properties and fractography of an indirect dental resin compositeJanet B Quinn
ADAF Paffenbarger Research Center, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
Dent Mater 26:589-99. 2010..Determination of material and fractographic properties of a dental indirect resin composite material...
- Smart nanotubes for bioseparations and biocatalysisDavid T Mitchell
Department of Chemistry, Center for Research at the Bio Nano Interface, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 7200, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:11864-5. 2002..Nanotubes containing the enzyme glucose oxidase function as nanophase bioreactors to catalyze the oxidation of glucose...
- Effect of silane coupling agents and alloy primers on adhesion to titaniumM Ozcan
Unit of Dental Materials, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Minerva Stomatol 60:427-34. 2011..This study evaluated the adhesion of resin composite to titanium alloy using different silane coupling agents and alloy primers in combination with surface conditioning methods after aging...
- Bond strength of two resin cements to titanium after different surface conditioning methodsMutlu Ozcan
University of Zurich, Head of Dental Materials Unit, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Materials Science, Switzerland
Gen Dent 60:e6-e12. 2012....
- In vitro tensile bond strength of adhesive cements to new post materialsK L O'Keefe
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials Science, Houston Biomaterials Research Center, University of Texas Houston Dental Branch, Texas, USA
Int J Prosthodont 13:47-51. 2000..The purpose of this study was to measure the in vitro tensile bond strength of 3 types of adhesive resin cements to stainless steel, titanium, carbon fiber-reinforced resin, and zirconium oxide post materials...
- Concentration-response analysis of differential gene expression in the zebrafish embryotoxicity test following flusilazole exposureSanne A B Hermsen
Laboratory for Health Protection Research, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Toxicol Sci 127:303-12. 2012..However, the interpretation of differential gene expression in terms of predicting morphological effects is not straightforward and requires further study...
- Tensile bond strengths of composites to a gold-palladium alloy after thermal cyclingJeffrey Chai Chang
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Texas Houston Dental Branch, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:271-6. 2002..Many different materials and methods have been used to fabricate or repair veneer facings with composites, but only a few of these have been studied...
- Nanowire transistor-based ultrasensitive virus detection with reversible surface functionalizationPei Ling Chiang
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, 10617 Taiwan, R O C
Chem Asian J 7:2073-9. 2012....
- Effect of the cross-linking silane concentration in a novel silane system on bonding resin-composite cementJukka Matinlinna
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Science, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Acta Odontol Scand 66:250-5. 2008....
- The use of glass substrates with bi-functional silanes for designing micropatterned cell-secreted cytokine immunoassaysJeong Hyun Seo
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Biomaterials 32:5478-88. 2011..The rational design of cytokine-sensing surfaces described here, will be leveraged in the future for rapid detection of multiple cytokines secreted by individual immune cells...
- A more comprehensive and highly practical solution to enantioselective aldehyde crotylationHyunwoo Kim
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:6517-20. 2011..The one significant limitation on the utility of these reagents--substrate scope--has thus been addressed. The net result is the most comprehensive and highly practical method for enantioselective aldehyde crotylation yet advanced...
- Mechanistic investigation of the palladium-catalyzed synthesis of allylic silanes and boronates from allylic alcoholsJohanna M Larsson
Department of Organic Chemistry, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
J Am Chem Soc 135:443-55. 2013The mechanism of the palladium-catalyzed synthesis of allylic silanes and boronates from allylic alcohols was investigated...
- Silicon, silica and its surface patterning/activation with alkoxy- and amino-silanes for nanomedical applicationsDag Rother
Nanobiotechnology Research Group, School of Biosciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, UK
Nanomedicine (Lond) 6:281-300. 2011..as highlighting their importance in the material's eventual surface patterning/activation with alkoxy- and organo-silanes. The use of aminosilanes in that context is discussed at some length to permit an understanding of the specific ..
- Highly diastereo- and enantioselective reagents for aldehyde crotylationBlaine M Hackman
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Org Lett 6:4375-7. 2004..Both (cis and trans) crotylsilane reagents are easily prepared in bulk, require trivial reaction conditions, and provide the homoallylic alcohol products with near diastereo- and enantiospecificity in many cases...
- Tandem silylformylation-crotylsilylation/Tamao oxidation of internal alkynes: a remarkable example of generating complexity from simplicityJared T Spletstoser
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Org Lett 10:5593-6. 2008..The resulting one-pot procedure fashions three new stereocenters, a ketone, and a terminal alkene from a butenyl group, a propynyl group, a silyl hydride, H2O2, and CO...
- A novel fluorescent label based on organic dye-doped silica nanoparticles for HepG liver cancer cell recognitionXiaoxiao He
National Key Laboratory of Chemical and Biological Sensing and Chemometrics, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Institute of Biological Technology, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, People s Republic of China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 4:585-9. 2004..It has been observed that the bioassay based on the organic dye-doped nanoparticles can identify the target cells selectively and efficiently. The fluorescent nanoparticle label also exhibits high photostability...
- Photoactivation of alkyl C-H and silanization: a simple and general route to prepare high-density primary amines on inert polymer surfaces for protein immobilizationShenghua Gan
The State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Beijing, 100029, China
Biomacromolecules 10:1238-43. 2009..hereby are capable of grafting any functionalities on inert alkyl surfaces via changing the terminal groups in silanes, which should instantly stimulate the development of many realms such as microarrays, immunoassays, biosensors, ..
- Immobilization of albumin on aminosilane modified superparamagnetic magnetite nanoparticles and its characterizationKeziban Can
Department of Chemistry, Selcuk University, Konya 42075, Turkey
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 71:154-9. 2009..The morphology and properties of these magnetic NPs were examined by transmission electron eicroscopy (TEM), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), thermal gravimetric analysis (TGA) and magnetization measurement...
- Investigation of structural transition of dsDNA on various substrates studied by atomic force microscopyT H Nguyen
National Research Laboratory, Department of Physics and Nanoscience, Sun Moon University, Asan 336 708, Korea
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 9:2162-8. 2009..The DNA binding to APTES linker is much stronger than that on alkylthiol/substrate...
- Multilamellar liposomes entrapping aminosilane-modified maghemite nanoparticles: "magnetonions"Marie Edith Meyre
CNRS, UPR 8641, Centre de Recherche Paul Pascal, 115 Avenue du Dr Albert Schweitzer, Pessac, F 33600, France
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:12794-801. 2010..When [Fe(III)] >60 mM, uni- or oligolamellar vesicles in addition to onions formed, probably because of a two-phase separation between an aMNP-rich phase and an aMNP-containing lamellar phase as revealed by SAXD...
- Fabrication of protein chips based on 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane as a monolayerLing Sheng Jang
Department of Electrical Engineering and Center for Micro Nano Science and Technology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Biomed Microdevices 11:331-8. 2009..Such a condition does not require microheaters and temperature sensors in a microfluidic system, which will significantly reduce the manufacturing process, cost, and reaction time in the future...
- Office reconditioning of stainless steel orthodontic attachmentsAndrew N Quick
Discipline of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Otago, PO Box 647, Dunedin, New Zealand
Eur J Orthod 27:231-6. 2005..Silane application did not improve the bond strength values of flamed and ultrasonically cleaned brackets. Attachments that had only been flamed had the lowest bond strength, followed by those that had been roughened with a greenstone...
- Effect of surface conditioning methods on the microtensile bond strength of resin composite to composite after aging conditionsMutlu Ozcan
University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Department of Dentistry and Dental Hygiene, Clinical Dental Biomaterials, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Dent Mater 23:1276-82. 2007..This study evaluated the effect of two different surface conditioning methods on the repair bond strength of a bis-GMA-adduct/bis-EMA/TEGDMA based resin composite after three aging conditions...
- Silica- and alkoxysilane-coated ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide particles: a promising tool to label cells for magnetic resonance imagingChunfu Zhang
Junior Group Molecular Imaging and Departments of Medical Physics in Radiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Langmuir 23:1427-34. 2007..This suggests silica-coated USPIO particles are most suited for cell labeling approaches in MRI...
- Bond durability of the resin-bonded and silane treated ceramic surfaceTabassom Hooshmand
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield, Claremont Crescent, Sheffield S10 2TA, UK
Dent Mater 18:179-88. 2002....
- Chemical modification of titanium surfaces for covalent attachment of biological moleculesA Nanci
Faculty of Dentistry, Universite de Montreal, QC, Canada
J Biomed Mater Res 40:324-35. 1998....
- The effect of different porcelain conditioning techniques on shear bond strength of stainless steel bracketsI Gillis
Department of Orthodontics, Hebrew University Hadassah, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 114:387-92. 1998..After debonding by means of a shearing force, the percentage of damaged porcelain surfaces in the silane+Concise groups was significantly higher than the silane+Right-On and High-Q-Bond groups...
- Post-surface conditioning improves interfacial adhesion in post/core restorationsFrancesca Monticelli
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Dental Materials, University of Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte, Viale Bracci, 53100 Siena, Italy
Dent Mater 22:602-9. 2006..To verify the influence of different etching procedures of the post-surface on microtensile bond strength values between fiber posts and composite core materials...
- Immediate repair bond strengths of microhybrid, nanohybrid and nanofilled composites after different surface treatmentsMargareta Rinastiti
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Dent 38:29-38. 2010..To evaluate immediate repair bond strengths and failure types of resin composites with and without surface conditioning and characterize the interacting composite surfaces by their surface composition and roughness...
- Study on the endocytosis and the internalization mechanism of aminosilane-coated Fe3O4 nanoparticles in vitroYong Jie Ma
National Key Laboratory of Nano Micro Fabrication Technology, Key Laboratory for Thin Film and Microfabrication of Ministry of Education, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Room 302, Zhongyuan, 1954 Huashan Road, Shanghai 200030, China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 18:2145-9. 2007..Phagocytosis may be involved in the internalization process of aminosilane-coated Fe(3)O(4) nanoparticles...
- Surface modification of magnetic nanoparticles with alkoxysilanes and their application in magnetic bioseparationsIan J Bruce
Department of Biosciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7NJ, United Kingdom
Langmuir 21:7029-35. 2005..This approach could be extended to the activation of such surfaces and other materials with other functional groups...
- Hemoglobin (Hb) immobilized on amino-modified magnetic nanoparticles for the catalytic removal of bisphenol ATiantian Tang
College of Resources and Environment, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, Shandong 271018, China
Chemosphere 83:255-64. 2011..According to the proposed breakdown pathway and the intermediates, the enzyme-catalytic removal of bisphenol A by the immobilized hemoglobin is considered to be an effective method...
- Effect of surface conditioning methods on the bond strength of luting cement to ceramicsMutlu Ozcan
Department of Dentistry and Oral Hygiene, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
Dent Mater 19:725-31. 2003..This study evaluated the effect of three different surface conditioning methods on the bond strength of a Bis-GMA based luting cement to six commercial dental ceramics...
- XPS study on the use of 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane to bond chitosan to a titanium surfaceHolly J Martin
Dave C Swalm School of Chemical Engineering, James Worth Bagley College of Engineering, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, Mississippi 39762, USA
Langmuir 23:6645-51. 2007....
- Influence of thermal cycles in water on flexural strength of laboratory-processed composite resinF Kawano
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, The University of Tokushima, School of Dentistry, Tokushima, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 28:703-7. 2001..However, the changes of these properties were smaller than those of microfine type composite resin DC. Thus, ES, AG and TR may maintain better properties during service compared with DC...
- A silanediol inhibitor of the metalloprotease thermolysin: synthesis and comparison with a phosphinic acid inhibitorJaeseung Kim
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 3400, USA
J Org Chem 69:3008-14. 2004..Hydrolysis of a difluorosilane intermediate to the silanediol leads cleanly to a monomeric product...
- Dendrimer modified magnetite nanoparticles for protein immobilizationBi Feng Pan
Engineering Research Center for Nano Science and Technology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1954 Huashan Road, Shanghai 200030, People s Republic of China
J Colloid Interface Sci 284:1-6. 2005....
- Microtensile strength of composite bonded to hot-pressed ceramicsA Della Bona
Department of Dental Biomaterials, University of Florida, PO Box 100446, Gainesville, FL 32610 0446, USA
J Adhes Dent 2:305-13. 2000....
- Structural analysis of silanediols as transition-state-analogue inhibitors of the benchmark metalloprotease thermolysinDouglas H Juers
Institute of Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Physics, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
Biochemistry 44:16524-8. 2005..This is the first crystal structure of an organosilane bound to the active site of a protease...
- Tensile bond strength of composite repairs on Artglass using different surface treatmentsP F Cesar
Department of Dental Materials, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Dent 14:373-7. 2001..To determine the tensile bond strength of composite repairs applied to Artglass using different surface treatments...
- Silanediol peptidomimetics. Evaluation of four diastereomeric ACE inhibitorsJaeseung Kim
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 3400, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:2853-6. 2004..For the fourth diastereomer, with both stereogenic carbons inverted relative to the most active isomer, the ketone gives the least enzyme inhibition whereas the silanediol shows a surprisingly low IC50 value...
- Silanediol-based inhibitor of thermolysinJaeseung Kim
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11794 3400, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 12:3625-7. 2002..The silanediol was prepared in high purity by hydrolysis of a difluorosilane intermediate and proved to be an effective inhibitor, differing from the phosphinate by a factor of 4 (K(i)=41nM)...
- The synthesis of an exhaustively stereodiversified library of cis-1,5 enediols by silyl-tethered ring-closing metathesisB A Harrison
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Org Lett 3:2157-9. 2001..Compounds 1 derive from 2 by silicon-tethered ring-closing metathesis. Such libraries of stereodiversified ligands provide a unique approach to ligand discovery that employs exhaustive searching of conformational space...
- Impact of silanol surface density on the toxicity of silica aerosols measured by erythrocyte haemolysisVladimir Murashov
Health Effects Laboratory Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 3:718-23. 2006..These findings suggest a new view of aerosol toxicity based on the estimation of surface site densities. The results can be used in the development of new toxicological assays for respirable particulates, including nanomaterials...
- Catalytic asymmetric silane alcoholysis: practical access to chiral silanesDarby R Schmidt
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:1190-1. 2003A new asymmetric synthesis of chiral silanes has been developed. Chiral phosphine-modified copper complexes catalyze the alcoholysis of prochiral dihydrosilanes with good to excellent stereoselectivity at silicon...
- Fatigue resistance of the bond of a glass-infiltrated alumina ceramic to human dentinPaolo Baldissara
Department of Oral Science, University of Bologna, Italy
J Adhes Dent 8:97-104. 2006..To evaluate the fatigue resistance of the bond between dentin and glass-infiltrated alumina ceramic, using different luting protocols...
- Effect of NaOCl treatment on bond strength between indirect resin core-buildup and dentinSatoshi Inoue
Division for General Dentistry, Hokkaido University Dental Hospital, Department of Oral Health Science, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Kita 13 Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8586, Japan
Dent Mater J 21:343-54. 2002..It is concluded that, for indirect resin core-buildup, the proper use of the NaOCl gel to dentin could increase the bond strength...
- Regional bond strengths of a dual-cure resin core material to translucent quartz fiber postJuthatip Aksornmuang
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90112, Thailand
Am J Dent 19:51-5. 2006..To evaluate the microtensile bond strength (muTBS) of a dual-cure resin core material to different regions of translucent quartz fiber post in a post cavity using different surface treatments...
- Bond strength between fibre posts and composite resin cores: effect of post surface silanizationK T Wrbas
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School and Dental Hospital, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg i Br, Germany
Int Endod J 40:538-43. 2007..To evaluate the tensile bond strength between two different composite resin cores and (Clearfil Core, MultiCore Flow) and fibre posts (DT Light Post), with and without silanization of the post surface...
- In vitro evaluation of long-term bonding of Procera AllCeram alumina restorations with a modified resin luting agentMarkus B Blatz
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
J Prosthet Dent 89:381-7. 2003..The inherent microroughness of this surface may influence bond strengths, because micromechanical interlocking is a main contributor for adhesion of resins to ceramic materials...
- Resin bond strength to densely sintered alumina ceramicRahel Friederich
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Periodontology and Pedodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 15:333-8. 2002..The aim of this in vitro study was to investigate the resin bond strength and durability of adhesive bonding systems to densely sintered, pure aluminum oxide ceramic...
- Comparison of the bond strength of stainless steel orthodontic brackets bonded to crown porcelainsSiew Han Chay
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Singapore, Singapore
Aust Orthod J 21:19-23. 2005..The bond strengths and mode of failure of stainless steel orthodontic brackets bonded to the newer all-ceramic crown systems has not been fully investigated...
- Effect of surface treatment on fatigue behaviour between Tetric Ceram inlays and Variolink luting compositeR Frankenberger
Polyclinic for Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Erlangen-Nuermberg, Erlangen, Germany
Clin Oral Investig 5:260-5. 2001..05). After thermomechanical loading, CO (98% continuous margin) and SC (95% continuous margin) demonstrated that they provide significantly more fatigue resistance than HF (88%)...
- A simple etching technique for improving the retention of fiber posts to resin compositesFrancesca Monticelli
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Dental Materials, Policlinico Le Scotte, University of Siena, Viale Bracci, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Endod 32:44-7. 2006..Interfacial strengths were enhanced with the adjunctive use of H2O2 etching and silanization, and were probably dependent on the ability of the flowable composites to completely infiltrate this interdiffusion zone...
- In vitro study of fracture strength and marginal adaptation of polyethylene-fibre-reinforced-composite versus glass-fibre-reinforced-composite fixed partial denturesC Kolbeck
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Oral Rehabil 29:668-74. 2002..Fracture force results as well as marginal quality encourage further clinical investigations on both systems although the GFRC performed slightly better than the PFRC...
- Influence of surface conditions and silane agent on the bond of resin to IPS Empress 2 ceramicAna Maria Spohr
Department of Dental Materials, Pontificial Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J Prosthodont 16:277-82. 2003....
- An approach to enhance the interface adhesion between an orthodontic plastic bracket and adhesiveG Guan
Department of Orthodontics, Okayama University Dental School, Japan
Eur J Orthod 23:425-32. 2001..It is concluded that sandblasting and silane coupling treatment offers the benefit of increasing the in vitro bond strength of plastic brackets for orthodontic application...
- Effect of surface treatment on the shear bond strength of a resin-based cement to porcelainMarcos Paulo Nagayassu
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry of São José dos Campos, Sao Paulo State University, Rua Alexandre de Melo e Faro, 09406 160 Ribeirão Pires, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 17:290-5. 2006..05). Within the limitations of an in vitro study, it may be concluded that 2-min hydrofluoric acid etching produced a favorable micromechanical retention that enhanced resin cement bond strength to porcelain...
- Does the thickness of the resin cement affect the bond strength of a fiber post to the root dentin?Bianca E M Perez
Sao Jose dos Campos Dental School, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Int J Prosthodont 19:606-9. 2006..0001). The increase in cement thickness did not significantly affect the bond strength (r2 = 0.1389, P= .936). Increased cement thickness surrounding the FRC post did not impair the bond strength...
- Apparent interfacial fracture toughness of resin/ceramic systemsA Della Bona
School of Dentistry, The University of Passo Fundo, PO Box 611, Passo Fundo, RS, 99001 970, Brazil
J Dent Res 85:1037-41. 2006..All fractures originated from indentation sites. Estimation of interfacial toughness was feasible by fracture mechanics and fractography. The K(A) for the systems tested was affected by the ceramic microstructure and surface treatment...
- Long-term durability of the dual-cure resin cement/silicon oxide ceramic bondRichard M Foxton
Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Adhes Dent 4:125-35. 2002..To determine the effects of using a ceramic primer, ceramic bonding agent, or a combination of primer/bonding agent on the long-term durability of the dual-cure resin cement/silicon oxide ceramic bond...
- Resistance of core materials against torsional forces on differently conditioned titanium postsIsmail Akişli
University of Hamburg, Dental School, Hamburg, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 88:367-74. 2002..The separation of core materials from titanium posts, which have a low modulus of elasticity, has been identified as a problem in restorative dentistry...
- The shear bond strength of composite brackets on porcelain teethT H Huang
Dental Department, Chung Shan Medical and Dental College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Eur J Orthod 23:433-9. 2001..05). The factors that affected the bond strength, beginning with the most significant, were acid etching, primer application, and then thermocycling. A mechanical based composite bracket can offer good bond strength to porcelain teeth...
- Marginal adaptation of 1 fiber-reinforced composite and 2 all-ceramic inlay fixed partial denture systemsCarlo Monaco
Division of Prosthetic Dentistry, Department of Oral Sciences, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Int J Prosthodont 19:373-82. 2006....
- Catalytic Stereoselective Olefin Metathesis ReactionsRichard R Schrock; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be developed that promote Z-selective cross-metathesis reactions of allylic ethers, epoxides, boronates, silanes as well as vinylbornates, dienes and 1,2-unsaturated carbonyls...
- Enantioselective Total Synthesis of Vindoline and Novel AnalogsJOSHUA GLENN PIERCE; Fiscal Year: 2010..system to explore the utility of transannular inverse electron demand Diels-Alder reactions employing alkenyl silanes as enol ether surrogates. (2) Develop an enantioselective cycloaddition cascade to assemble the core of vindoline...
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF MACROLIDE ANTIBIOTICSJames L Leighton; Fiscal Year: 2012..Importantly, the conceptual foundation for these methods involves the use of Lewis acidic silanes, compounds that are extraordinarily straightforward and inexpensive to synthesize on large scales...
- STEREOCHEMISTRY OF A CARBON-CARBON BOND-FORMING PROCESSJOHN BUYNAK; Fiscal Year: 1990..Chirality at the terminal, oxygen-bearing, carbon will be introduced by the reduction of acyl silanes with chiral borolane reagents...
- Asymmetric Alkylation via Chiral Nucleophilic CatalysisELIZABETH COLBY DAVIE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Development of this method to encompass the use of other nucleophiles including substituted allylstannanes and silanes is proposed. Additionally, the use of alternative electrophiles such as oxygen and halogen sources is discussed.
- Novel surface treatment of fillers for dental compositesJeffrey Stansbury; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Specific Aim 1: controlled concentrations of functionalized silanes lacking polymerizable methacrylate groups will be applied to yield efficient surface coverage of small particle ..
- NOVEL, EFFICIENT, AND SELECTIVE SYNTHETIC METHODSTheodore Cohen; Fiscal Year: 1993..of our method of allyl anion production, including the preparation by this method of allyl cuprates, stannanes, silanes and boranes...
- New Silacyclic Platforms for Complex Target SynthesisSERGEY KOZMIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..a) development of new stereoselective transformations utilizing functionalized five- and six-membered silanes; (b) design of a highly convergent synthesis of nystatin A1; (c) development of a fully stereocontrolled ..
- Tandem Cycloaddition Chemistry of 2-AzoniaheterodienesSCOTT DENMARK; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cross-Coupling Reactions of OrganosilanolsSCOTT DENMARK; Fiscal Year: 2009..Synthetic approaches to isodomoic acid H, hepatitis C viral inihibiting indole alkaloids, the salicylihalimide macrolactone oximidine II, and polyene antiviral antibiotic viridenomycin are detailed. ..
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMTHOMAS VASQUEZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..describes the development of synthetic organic methodology in the area of [3 + 2] annulations involving allyl silanes. These annulations involve the formation of a tertiary carbocation followed by an energetically unfavorable 1,2-..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF VANCOMYCIN ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2001..During the course of this project we intend to confirm (correct) the absolute stereochemical assignments of the principal members of this family by total synthesis. ..
- Synthesis of Polyketides and TerpenesDavid A Evans; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a consequence, organic synthesis is a critical discipline that continues to have an important impact on the fields of both medicine and biology. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF IONOPHORE/MACROLIDE ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our goal has been to set in place all of the reactions necessary for the rapid assemblage of any polyketide target structure. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF ANTITUMOR AGENTSJAMES PANEK; Fiscal Year: 2006..scope of this program, it is our short term objective to develop a number of useful synthetic transforms using this methodology, which include new approach to the synthesis of new chiral allylic silanes and stannanes.
- SYNTHESIS OF THE TEDANOLIDES, CYTOTOXIC POLYPROPIONATESMichael Jung; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SYNTHESIS OF SPONGISTATIN ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Design and Synthesis of HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NMR systems : 2 Bruker Avance 500 ConsolesAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The areas of public health research include, among others, cancer, infectious diseases, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, and heart and cardiovascular disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SYNTHESIS OF CHLOROPEPTINS, GP120 CD4 BINDING INHIBITORSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- CHEMICAL SYNTHESIS OF NOVEL NATURAL PRODUCTSDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2009..Daphnicyclidin A. This recent discovery has revealed a new molecular architecture which exhibits significant antitumor activity. Our research will investigate strategies for chemical synthesis of these complex polycyclic systems. ..
- Construction of Alpha-Siloxy-and Alpha-Amino-AmidesROBERT CUNICO; Fiscal Year: 2002..Exploratory experiments directed towards inducing chiral stereoselectivity within these transformations will also be carried out. ..
- Purification of Oligonucleotides and Nucleoside TriphosphatesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed work seeks to further develop an entirely new method for oligonucleotide purification, thus streamlining the development and production of these crucial substances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LOCAL AND GLOBAL CONFORMATIONS OF SUPERCOILED DNAYuri Lyubchenko; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Bioscope II - AFM system for Nanoimaging Core FacilityYuri Lyubchenko; Fiscal Year: 2007..There are two NIH funded investigators outside the campus who also want to use the unique features of the integrated Bioscope/IX71 system. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTERESTING BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..The selective synthesis of contiguous stereotriads will advance basic methodology for asymmetric conjugate additions. ..
- Purification of Optically Labeled OligonucleotidesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initial work will focus on oligonucleotide probe purification. ..
- Nanomedicine Center for Protein Deposition Diseases(RMI)Yuri Lyubchenko; Fiscal Year: 2004..We assembled a multidisciplinary team of 12 investigators with broad expertise in nanobiology, imaging, spectroscopy, single molecule biophysics, proteomics, drug delivery and medicine. ..
- Asymmetric Synthesis of Bioactive Chiral AminesGREGORY FRIESTAD; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the long term, these endeavors will advance the art and science of synthetic organic chemistry toward the ideal of efficiency, a long-term goal which remains mostly inaccessible in syntheses of complex natural products. ..
- Synthesis of Tumor Inhibitory Marine Natural ProductsJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2004..The main chemical issues to be addressed include the control of stereochemistry by means of chiral organometal chemistry and the design of new and efficient routes to structurally novel natural products. ..
- FGF-Silyl-Heparin Cerebral Aneurysm CoilsPAUL ZAMORA; Fiscal Year: 2002..The Phase I studies will develop the coated coils and perform initial animal evaluations. ..
- Agilent 5973 GC/MS SystemGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our current lack of such instrumentation negatively affects the ability to carry out many of these studies. This critical capability, in the form of an instrument for everyday analysis, is urgently needed. ..
- Alkynyliodonium Salts and Derived Diyls in SynthesisKen Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Controlled Drug Delivery to Colon Tumors Via UltrasoundWILLIAM PITT; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research outcomes will prove hypotheses, which will become the basis for understanding and exploiting this therapy in the treatment of localized cancers, hopefully paving the way for clinical application. ..
- Allenic [2 + 2 + 1] Reactions Enabling Syntheses of Natural Products with 7-MembeKay M Brummond; Fiscal Year: 2010..Grayanotoxin is an important molecular tool for deciphering the mechanism for gating functions of the sodium ion channels. ..
- Rapid Quantitative Point-of-Care Cardiac Marker TestMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2005..EIC has a clear commercial path for assay technology through in-house manufacturing, sale of electrochemical assays and hand-held assay readers, and out-licensing of our multianalyte immunoassay technology. ..
- New Methodology for Indole Alkaloid SynthesesKen S Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The use of a new variant of the Pummerer reaction to control both oxidation level and reaction site within the indole nucleus forms the basis of this chemistry. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANNONACEOUS ACETOGENINS AND ANALOGUESJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The synthetic approach will employ chiral allylic and allenic organometal reagents to introduce stereogenic centers with concurrent formation of carbon-carbon bonds. ..
- Chemical and Biological Studies on Biaryl PhenolicsKen Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The search for selective 20S proteosome inhibitors among the Ntn-type proteases will be advanced by these investigations. ..
- NON-PROTEIN AMINO ACIDS AND TAXOID ANTITUMOR AGENTSIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2002..Drug resistance in cancer chemotherapy is a serious problem. In order to solve this problem, the PI will continue his successful approach to the development of MDR reversal agents based on the strategic modification of baccatins. ..
- ACYCLIC STEREOCONTROL IN RADICAL REACTIONSMUKUND SIBI; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SYNTHESIS AND SYNTHETIC UTILITY OF 1-ACYLDIHYDROPYRIDINEDANIEL COMINS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed methodology will be useful for the synthesis of compounds having a broad range of biological properties, i.e. neuroleptic, antihypertensive, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, anti-AIDS, and anticonvulsant activities. ..
- NEW SYNTHESIS OF BIOCHEMICALS WITH HOMOGENEOUS CATALYSTSIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this project, we plan to develop new synthetic routes to a variety of enantiopure heterocyclic and carbocyclic compounds of medicinal interest featuring diastereoselective or enantioselective catalytic processes as the key steps. ..
- Nanotube Reagentless Proteomic ArraysMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IRIDIUM OXIDE PROTEIN MICROARRAYSMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2002..In Phase II, higher density protein arrays suitable for integration into automated, high-throughput microfluidic delivery systems and fluorescent analyzers will be developed. ..
- ANTIBODY MICROARRAY FOR DETECTION OF TUMOR MARKERSMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Phase II will focus on developing a robust, reliable and reproducible assaying system. ..
- Catalytic Processes for Selective Organic SynthesisGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) Carbometalation/cyclization reactions will be explored utilizing organochromium species. 5) Ligands and catalytic systems designed for asymmetric synthesis will be explored. ..
- Thromboresistant vascular grafts:heparin-peptidomimeticsPAUL ZAMORA; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Rapid Immunoassays for Detecting Pathogenic BacteriaMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2004..EIC has a commercial path for assay technology through in-house manufacturing, sale of electrochemical assays and hand-held assay readers, and out-licensing of our multianalyte immunoassay technology. ..