Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inorganic salts of phosphoric acid that contain two phosphate groups.
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Nonpeptide antigens, presentation mechanisms, and immunological memory of human Vgamma2Vdelta2 T cells: discriminating friend from foe through the recognition of prenyl pyrophosphate antigensCraig T Morita
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Immunology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Immunol Rev 215:59-76. 2007..Thus, primary infections with HMBPP-producing bacteria are perceived by Vgamma2Vdelta2 T cells as a repeat infection. Extensive efforts are underway to harness these cells to treat a variety of cancers and to provide microbial immunity...
- Plasma pyrophosphate and vascular calcification in chronic kidney diseaseW CHARLES O'NEILL
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:187-91. 2010..We sought to determine whether plasma PPi is affected by dialysis or the mode of dialysis and whether it correlates with vascular calcification...
- The structural mechanism of translocation and helicase activity in T7 RNA polymeraseY Whitney Yin
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cell 116:393-404. 2004..We propose that the dissociation of the product PPi after nucleotide addition produces the protein conformational change resulting in translocation and strand separation...
- Dynamics of pyrophosphate ion release and its coupled trigger loop motion from closed to open state in RNA polymerase IILin Tai Da
Department of Chemistry, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
J Am Chem Soc 134:2399-406. 2012..Our simulations provide predictions to guide future experimental tests...
- Active site opening and closure control translocation of multisubunit RNA polymeraseAnssi M Malinen
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, 20014, Turku, Finland
Nucleic Acids Res 40:7442-51. 2012..The RNAP translocation mechanism is exploited by the antibiotic tagetitoxin, which mimics pyrophosphate and induces backward translocation by closing the active site...
- The history of pyrosequencingPål Nyrén
Department of Biotechnology, AlbaNova University Center, Stockholm, Sweden
Methods Mol Biol 373:1-14. 2007..I will conclude with future prospects for the method...
- In vitro expansion of gamma delta T cells with anti-myeloma cell activity by Phosphostim and IL-2 in patients with multiple myelomaMaka Burjanadzé
INSERM, U847, Montpellier, France
Br J Haematol 139:206-16. 2007..This study demonstrated the ability of Phosphostim and IL-2 to expand gammadelta T cells from MM patients, and the efficient and stable killing of human myeloma cells by gd T cells...
- Pyrosequencing: a tool for DNA sequencing analysisElahe Elahi
Stanford Genome Technology Center, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 255:211-9. 2004
- Vgamma2Vdelta2 T Cell Receptor recognition of prenyl pyrophosphates is dependent on all CDRsHong Wang
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Immunology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Immunol 184:6209-22. 2010..This underscores its parallels to innate immune receptors. Our results also provide strong evidence for the existence of an Ag-presenting molecule for prenyl pyrophosphates...
- The nonmevalonate pathway of isoprenoid biosynthesis in Mycobacterium tuberculosis is essential and transcriptionally regulated by DxsAmanda C Brown
Queen Mary University of London, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London E12AD, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 192:2424-33. 2010..Increased expression of this operon was seen in cells overexpressing Dxs1, indicating that transcriptional control is effected by the first enzyme of the pathway via an unknown regulator...
- Aminobisphosphonate-pretreated dendritic cells trigger successful Vgamma9Vdelta2 T cell amplification for immunotherapy in advanced cancer patientsFlorian Cabillic
EE341 Biothérapies Innovantes, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Rennes 1, Rennes, France
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:1611-9. 2010..Thus, this method of generating Vgamma9Vdelta2 T cells leads eligible for Vgamma9Vdelta2 T cell adoptive immunotherapy the HCC and mCRC patients...
- Microbial isoprenoid biosynthesis and human gammadelta T cell activationMatthias Eberl
Biochemisches Institut, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Friedrichstr 24, Germany
FEBS Lett 544:4-10. 2003..Unexpectedly, the intermediate of the MEP pathway, (E)-4-hydroxy-3-methyl-but-2-enyl-pyrophosphate) (HMB-PP), turned out to be by far the most potent Vgamma9/Vdelta2 T cell activator known, with an EC(50) of 0.1 nM...
- Reduced plasma pyrophosphate levels in hemodialysis patientsKoba A Lomashvili
Emory University, Renal Division, WMB 338, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:2495-500. 2005..Plasma levels in some patients were below those that have previously been shown to prevent calcification of vessels in culture, suggesting that altered PPi metabolism could contribute to vascular calcification in hemodialysis patients...
- Up-regulated expression of cartilage intermediate-layer protein and ANK in articular hyaline cartilage from patients with calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate crystal deposition diseaseJun Hirose
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Arthritis Rheum 46:3218-29. 2002....
- PC-1 nucleoside triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase deficiency in idiopathic infantile arterial calcificationF Rutsch
Department of Pediatrics, Municipal Children s Hospital, Dortmund, Germany
Am J Pathol 158:543-54. 2001....
- The mechanism of the translocation step in DNA replication by DNA polymerase I: a computer simulation analysisAndrei A Golosov
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Structure 18:83-93. 2010..These roles are consistent with the high level of conservation of Y714 and the two glycine residues at these positions. It is likely that a corresponding mechanism is applicable to other polymerases...
- Linked deficiencies in extracellular PP(i) and osteopontin mediate pathologic calcification associated with defective PC-1 and ANK expressionKristen Johnson
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92161, USA
J Bone Miner Res 18:994-1004. 2003..Thus, linked regulatory effects on extracellular PP(i) and OPN expression mediate the ability of PC-1 and ANK to regulate calcification...
- Support of a free radical mechanism for enhanced antitumor efficacy of the microtubule disruptor OXi4503Lori Rice
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Microvasc Res 81:44-51. 2011..These findings indicate that while the predominant in vivo effect of OXi4503 is clearly due to microtubule collapse and vascular shut-down, the formation of toxic free radicals likely contributes to its enhanced potency...
- Role of the progressive ankylosis gene in cartilage mineralizationRaihana Zaka
Department of Medicine Division of Rheumatology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 18:181-6. 2006..The purpose of this review is to highlight recent work on the role of ANK in physiological and pathological calcification of articular and growth plate cartilage...
- Chondrogenesis mediated by PPi depletion promotes spontaneous aortic calcification in NPP1-/- miceKristen Johnson
Rheumatology Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center University of California at San Diego, School of Medicine, CA 92161, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:686-91. 2005....
- Inhibition of phosphoantigen-mediated gammadelta T-cell proliferation by CD4+ CD25+ FoxP3+ regulatory T cellsVolker Kunzmann
University of Wurzburg, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Wurzburg, Germany
Immunology 126:256-67. 2009....
- High throughput automated allele frequency estimation by pyrosequencingJulie Doostzadeh
The Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2693. 2008..We also discuss potential improvements of the software for more accurate allele frequency analysis...
- Engineering of elongation complexes of bacterial and yeast RNA polymerasesNatalia Komissarova
NCI Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Methods Enzymol 371:233-51. 2003
- Subcellular pyrophosphate metabolism in developing tubers of potato (Solanum tuberosum)Eva M Farré
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Golm, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 62:165-79. 2006..These results are discussed both with respect to our previous hypotheses and to current models of the compartmentation of potato tuber metabolism...
- A continuous fluorescent assay for protein prenyltransferases measuring diphosphate releaseJune E Pais
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Anal Biochem 345:302-11. 2005..This assay can be adapted for high-throughput screening for potential prenyltransferase substrates and inhibitors...
- Phase I study of bromohydrin pyrophosphate (BrHPP, IPH 1101), a Vgamma9Vdelta2 T lymphocyte agonist in patients with solid tumorsJaafar Bennouna
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Rene Gauducheau, 44805, Nantes Saint Herblain, France
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:1521-30. 2010..The present phase I trial was conducted with the aim of determining the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) and safety of IPH1101 combined with a low dose of IL-2 in patients with solid tumors...
- Phosphorylation of pyrimidine deoxynucleoside analog diphosphates: selective phosphorylation of L-nucleoside analog diphosphates by 3-phosphoglycerate kinasePreethi Krishnan
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 277:5453-9. 2002..Metabolism of L-nucleoside analog diphosphates to the triphosphates, however, remains unexplored...
- Loss of skeletal mineralization by the simultaneous ablation of PHOSPHO1 and alkaline phosphatase function: a unified model of the mechanisms of initiation of skeletal calcificationManisha C Yadav
Sanford Children s Health Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Bone Miner Res 26:286-97. 2011....
- Overexpression of a cytosolic pyrophosphatase (TgPPase) reveals a regulatory role of PP(i) in glycolysis for Toxoplasma gondiiDouglas A Pace
Center for Tropical and Emerging Global Diseases, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Biochem J 440:229-40. 2011..These results implicate PP(i) as having a significant regulatory role in glycolysis and, potentially, other downstream processes that regulate growth and cell division...
- Role of the mouse ank gene in control of tissue calcification and arthritisA M Ho
Department of Developmental Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Beckman Center B300, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5327, USA
Science 289:265-70. 2000..These results identify ANK-mediated control of pyrophosphate levels as a possible mechanism regulating tissue calcification and susceptibility to arthritis in higher animals...
- Inorganic pyrophosphate generation and disposition in pathophysiologyR A Terkeltaub
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 281:C1-C11. 2001....
- In vivo functional differences in microvascular response of 4T1 and Caki-1 tumors after treatment with OXi4503Mamta Wankhede
J Crayton Pruitt Family Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Oncol Rep 23:685-92. 2010..The differential responses of these two tumor-types suggest that further investigation of the mechanisms of action of VDAs and individual characterization of tumor VDA-responses may be needed for optimal clinical use of these agents...
- Methanococcus jannaschii ORF mj0608 codes for a class C inorganic pyrophosphatase protected by Co(2+) or Mn(2+) ions against fluoride inhibitionN J Kuhn
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Arch Biochem Biophys 379:292-8. 2000..However, prior exposure to these ions afforded striking protection against inhibition by sodium fluoride, to which the enzyme was otherwise very sensitive...
- Correction of hypophosphatasia-associated mineralization deficiencies in vitro by phosphate/pyrophosphate modulation in periodontal ligament cellsThaisângela L Rodrigues
Department of Prosthodontics and Periodontics, Campinas State University, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Periodontol 83:653-63. 2012....
- Vascular targeting agent Oxi4503 inhibits tumor growth in a colorectal liver metastases modelCaterina Malcontenti-Wilson
Department of Surgery, Austin Hospital, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:e96-e104. 2008..Despite evidence of its efficacy in certain malignancies, the effect on colorectal liver metastases remains largely unknown. This study investigates the effect of Oxi4503 on colorectal liver metastases in a murine model...
- Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic evaluation of the vascular-disrupting agent OXi4503 in patients with advanced solid tumorsDan M Patterson
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, UK
Clin Cancer Res 18:1415-25. 2012..Preclinical studies show that OXi4503 (combretastatin A1 diphosphate, CA1P) is more potent than other clinically evaluated vascular-disrupting agents...
- Molecular determinants of extracellular matrix mineralization in bone and blood vesselsMonzur Murshed
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 19:359-65. 2010..Here we review new findings on direct molecular determinants of mineralization operating locally at the level of the extracellular matrix, with a focus on bone and blood vessels...
- Alterations in vascular architecture and permeability following OXi4503 treatmentLie Sam Chan
Department of Surgery, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Anticancer Drugs 19:17-22. 2008..A combination of OXi4503 with other chemotherapeutic modalities might achieve complete tumor eradication and improve long-term survival...
- A neutral diphosphate mimic crosslinks the active site of human O-GlcNAc transferaseJiaoyang Jiang
Department of Microbiology and Immunobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Chem Biol 8:72-7. 2012..Though this unprecedented double-displacement mechanism reflects the unique architecture of the OGT active site, related dicarbamate scaffolds may inhibit other enzymes that bind nucleotide-containing substrates...
- Combretastatin family member OXI4503 induces tumor vascular collapse through the induction of endothelial apoptosisYezhou Sheng
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Section for Tumor Immunology, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Int J Cancer 111:604-10. 2004..The time course of the tumor vascular response observed with OXI4503 treatment supports this drug for development as a stand alone therapy, and also lends support for the use of the drug in combination with other cancer therapies...
- Identification of the inorganic pyrophosphate metabolizing, ATP substituting pathway in mammalian spermatozoaYoung Joo Yi
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e34524. 2012....
- Cementum: a phosphate-sensitive tissueF H Nociti
Department of Periodontics Prevention Geriatrics, School of Dentistry, Rm 3310M Dental, University of Michigan, 1011 N University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
J Dent Res 81:817-21. 2002..This information may prove valuable in attempts to design successful therapies for regenerating periodontal tissues...
- Pyrosequencing sheds light on DNA sequencingM Ronaghi
Genome Technology Center, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Genome Res 11:3-11. 2001..This article considers key features regarding different aspects of pyrosequencing technology, including the general principles, enzyme properties, sequencing modes, instrumentation, and potential applications...
- Effect of vascular targeting agent Oxi4503 on tumor cell kinetics in a mouse model of colorectal liver metastasisLie Sam Chan
University of Melbourne, Department of Surgery, Austin Hospital, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
Anticancer Res 27:2317-23. 2007..This agent appears to selectively target the endothelial cytoskeleton with resultant vessel occlusion and tumor necrosis...
- Human gamma delta T cells induce dendritic cell maturationJamila Ismaili
Laboratoire d Immunologie Expérimentale, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Immunol 103:296-302. 2002..We conclude that gamma delta T cell activation might result in DC maturation and thereby in enhanced alpha beta T cell responses...
- Unique coexpression in osteoblasts of broadly expressed genes accounts for the spatial restriction of ECM mineralization to boneMonzur Murshed
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Bone Disease Program of Texas, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Genes Dev 19:1093-104. 2005....
- Tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase and plasma cell membrane glycoprotein-1 are central antagonistic regulators of bone mineralizationLovisa Hessle
The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9445-9. 2002..Our results suggest that inhibiting PC-1 function may be a viable therapeutic strategy for hypophosphatasia. Conversely, interfering with TNAP activity may correct pathological hyperossification because of PP(i) insufficiency...
- A rapid crosstalk of human gammadelta T cells and monocytes drives the acute inflammation in bacterial infectionsMatthias Eberl
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000308. 2009....
- Drug-induced expansion and differentiation of V gamma 9V delta 2 T cells in vivo: the role of exogenous IL-2Rita Casetti
National Institute for Infectious Diseases, Lazzaro Spallanzani, Istituto di Ricerca e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 175:1593-8. 2005..These results may be relevant for designing novel (or modifying current) immunotherapeutic trials with nitrogen-containing bisphosphonate or pyrophosphomonoester drugs...
- Pyrophosphate inhibits mineralization of osteoblast cultures by binding to mineral, up-regulating osteopontin, and inhibiting alkaline phosphatase activityWilliam N Addison
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B2, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:15872-83. 2007..In summary, PP(i) prevents mineralization in MC3T3-E1 osteoblast cultures by at least three different mechanisms that include direct binding to growing crystals, induction of Opn expression, and inhibition of Tnap activity...
- Poliovirus RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (3Dpol): pre-steady-state kinetic analysis of ribonucleotide incorporation in the presence of Mg2+Jamie J Arnold
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Biochemistry 43:5126-37. 2004..We discuss the implications of this work on the development of RNA-dependent RNA polymerase inhibitors for use as antiviral agents...
- Monocytes and gammadelta T cells: close encounters in microbial infectionMatthias Eberl
Department of Infection, Immunity and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
Trends Immunol 30:562-8. 2009..Vgamma9/Vdelta2 T cells act thus as a cellular switch between innate and adaptive defence mechanisms...
- Multiplex SNP typing by bioluminometric assay coupled with terminator incorporation (BATI)Guo Hua Zhou
Central Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd 1 280 Higashi Koigakubo, Kokubunji shi, Tokyo 185 8601, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e133. 2005..These results indicate that this novel multiplexed approach can significantly decrease the cost of SNP typing and increase the typing throughput with an inexpensive and small luminometer...
- State-dependent modulation of CFTR gating by pyrophosphateMing Feng Tsai
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Missouri Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Gen Physiol 133:405-19. 2009..Finally, we show that MgAMP-PNP exerts its effects on CFTR gating via a similar mechanism as MgPPi. The structural and functional significance of our findings is discussed...
- Role of the progressive ankylosis gene (ank) in cartilage mineralizationWei Wang
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 22 South Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:312-23. 2005....
- Preclinical evaluation of vascular-disrupting agents in Ewing's sarcoma family of tumoursSurita Dalal
Candlelighter s Children s Cancer Research Group, Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS9 7TF, UK
Eur J Cancer 45:713-22. 2009..001). This study demonstrates that OXi4503/CA1P is a potent VDA in ESFT and in combination with conventional cytotoxic agents represents a promising treatment strategy for this tumour group...
- Phosphoantigen presentation by macrophages to mycobacterium tuberculosis--reactive Vgamma9Vdelta2+ T cells: modulation by chloroquineRoxana E Rojas
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Infect Immun 70:4019-27. 2002..Chloroquine, by inhibiting membrane traffic, may increase association and retention of phosphoantigens with cell surface membrane molecules on macrophages...
- Characterization of an archaeal medium-chain acyl coenzyme A synthetase from Methanosarcina acetivoransYu Meng
Clemson University, Department of Genetics and Biochemistry, Clemson, SC 29634 0318, USA
J Bacteriol 192:5982-90. 2010..Characterization of the enzyme variants indicates that these six residues are critical in acyl substrate binding and catalysis, and even conservative alterations significantly reduced the catalytic ability of the enzyme...
- Cementum and dentin in hypophosphatasiaT Van den Bos
Department of Periodontology, Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Universiteit van Amsterdam, and Vrije Universiteit, Louwesweg 1, 1066 EA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Dent Res 84:1021-5. 2005..Our findings suggest that mineralization of dentin is less likely to be under the influence of the inhibitory action of pyrophosphate than mineralization of cementum...
- Differential mechanisms of inorganic pyrophosphate production by plasma cell membrane glycoprotein-1 and B10 in chondrocytesK Johnson
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Diego 92161, USA
Arthritis Rheum 42:1986-97. 1999..This study compared the roles of the transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta)-inducible plasma cell membrane glycoprotein-1 (PC-1) and the closely related B10 NTPPPH activities in chondrocyte PPi metabolism...
- Concerted regulation of inorganic pyrophosphate and osteopontin by akp2, enpp1, and ank: an integrated model of the pathogenesis of mineralization disordersDympna Harmey
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1199-209. 2004..The hypomineralization observed in Akp2(-/-) mice arises from the combined inhibitory effects of PP(i) and OPN. In contrast, NPP1 or ANK deficiencies cause a decrease in the PP(i) and OPN pools that leads to hypermineralization...
- Short-chain phosphatidates are subtype-selective antagonists of lysophosphatidic acid receptorsD J Fischer
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:776-84. 2001....
- Excision of incorporated nucleotide analogue chain-terminators can diminish their inhibitory effects on viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerasesClaudia M D'Abramo
McGill University AIDS Centre, Lady Davis Institute Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Que, Canada
J Mol Biol 337:1-14. 2004....
- NUDT5 hydrolyzes oxidized deoxyribonucleoside diphosphates with broad substrate specificityHiroyuki Kamiya
Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
DNA Repair (Amst) 8:1250-4. 2009..These results suggest that the NUDT5 protein eliminates various oxidized deoxyribonucleoside diphosphates from the nucleotide pool and prevents their toxic effects.
- Pyrophosphorolysis-activatable oligonucleotides may facilitate detection of rare alleles, mutation scanning and analysis of chromatin structuresQiang Liu
Departments of Molecular Genetics, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:598-604. 2002..Thus, PAP constitutes a technology platform of potential utility whenever high specificity is required along the length of an oligonucleotide...
- Quantification of mtDNA mixtures in forensic evidence material using pyrosequencingH Andreasson
Rudbeck Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Int J Legal Med 120:383-90. 2006..This mtDNA quantification assay is an easy to use, fast and accurate quantification system, with the ability to resolve and interpret major and minor mtDNA components in forensic mixture samples...
- Cloning and characterization of two different types of geranyl diphosphate synthases from Norway spruce (Picea abies)Axel Schmidt
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Department of Biochemistry, Hans Knoll Strasse 8, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Phytochemistry 69:49-57. 2008..and one encoded by a similar gene sequence from Quercus robur gave substantial amounts of the larger prenyl diphosphates, FPP and GGPP, in addition to GPP...
- Synthesis and biological activity of phosphonate analogues and geometric isomers of the highly potent phosphoantigen (E)-1-hydroxy-2-methylbut-2-enyl 4-diphosphateAngélique Boëdec
Innate Pharma, 121 Ancien Chemin de Cassis, Marseille, France
J Med Chem 51:1747-54. 2008..These results indicate that the use of bioisosteric analogues of HDMAPP may represent promising new leads for immunotherapy...
- Rapid kinetic analysis of transcription elongation by Escherichia coli RNA polymeraseRonald S Johnson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
J Mol Biol 381:1106-13. 2008..Rapid release of pyrophosphate from the elongation complex at a rate consistent with productive transcription elongation occurs only in the presence of the correct next nucleotide for incorporation into the transcript...
- Kinetic analysis of substrate utilization by native and TNAP-, NPP1-, or PHOSPHO1-deficient matrix vesiclesPietro Ciancaglini
Sanford Children s Health Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Bone Miner Res 25:716-23. 2010..NPP1 does not have a major role in PP(i) generation from ATP at the level of MVs, in contrast to its accepted role on the surface of the osteoblasts and chondrocytes, but rather acts as a phosphatase in the absence of TNAP...
- Regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell calcification by extracellular pyrophosphate homeostasis: synergistic modulation by cyclic AMP and hyperphosphatemiaDomenick A Prosdocimo
Dept of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve Univ, School of Medicine, 2109 Adelbert Rd, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C702-13. 2010..These observations support a model in which extracellular PP(i) generation mediated by both ANK- and ATP release-dependent mechanisms serves as a critical regulator of VSMC calcification...
- Oxi4503, a novel vascular targeting agent: effects on blood flow and antitumor activity in comparison to combretastatin A-4 phosphateJianyi Hua
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Section for Tumor Immunology, University of Lund, BMC 112, 22184 Lund, Sweden
Anticancer Res 23:1433-40. 2003..These results are promising for the use of Oxi4503 as a tumor vascular targeting agent. Moreover the potent antitumor effect when administered as a single agent suggests a different activity profile than CA4P...
- Preferential recognition of a microbial metabolite by human Vgamma2Vdelta2 T cellsKia Joo Puan
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine and the Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Immunology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, EMRB 400F, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Int Immunol 19:657-73. 2007..This preferential stimulation by a common microbial isoprenoid metabolite allows Vgamma2Vdelta2 T cells to respond to a broad array of pathogens using this pathway...
- Differential sensitivity of the cystic fibrosis (CF)-associated mutants G551D and G1349D to potentiators of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) Cl- channelZhiwei Cai
Department of Physiology, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:1970-7. 2006..We conclude that G551D- and G1349D-CFTR have distinct pharmacological profiles and speculate that drug therapy for CF is likely to be mutation-specific...
- Differential regulation of soluble and membrane-bound inorganic pyrophosphatases in the photosynthetic bacterium Rhodospirillum rubrum provides insights into pyrophosphate-based stress bioenergeticsRosa L Lopez-Marques
Instituto de Bioquimica Vegetal y Fotosintesis, Universidad de Sevilla CSIC, 41092 Seville, Spain
J Bacteriol 186:5418-26. 2004..These results demonstrate a tight transcriptional regulation of the H(+)-PPase gene, which appears to be induced in response to a variety of environmental conditions, all of which constrain cell energetics...
- Potentiation of antigen-stimulated V gamma 9V delta 2 T cell cytokine production by immature dendritic cells (DC) and reciprocal effect on DC maturationMarie Claire Devilder
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 601, Nantes, France
J Immunol 176:1386-93. 2006....
- Upregulated ank expression in osteoarthritis can promote both chondrocyte MMP-13 expression and calcification via chondrocyte extracellular PPi excessK Johnson
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, UCSD, La Jolla, CA 92161, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 12:321-35. 2004..Therefore, we assessed if dysregulated wild-type ANK expression could contribute to pathogenesis of idiopathic degenerative arthropathy through elevated ecPP(i)...
- PAP: detection of ultra rare mutations depends on P* oligonucleotides: "sleeping beauties" awakened by the kiss of pyrophosphorolysisQiang Liu
Department of Molecular Genetics, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California 91010 3000, USA
Hum Mutat 23:426-36. 2004..Thus, PAP also can form the basis of microarray-based scanning or resequencing methods to detect virtually all mutations...
- The interplay between classical and alternative isoprenoid biosynthesis controls gammadelta T cell bioactivity of Listeria monocytogenesMaire Begley
Department of Microbiology and Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
FEBS Lett 561:99-104. 2004..Vgamma9/Vdelta2 T cell bioactivity is increased in DeltalytB mutants where HMB-PP accumulation is expected, and lost in DeltagcpE mutants which fail to produce HMB-PP...
- Relationship between 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine resistance and primer unblocking activity in foscarnet-resistant mutants of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptasePeter R Meyer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33101, USA
J Virol 77:6127-37. 2003....
- Pyrosequencing-based SNP allele frequency estimation in DNA poolsCatharina Lavebratt
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Mutat 23:92-7. 2004..Considering the ease of use, short run and analysis times, and little instrument maintenance requirements, Pyrosequencing may even be a preferred option...
- Association of sporadic chondrocalcinosis with a -4-basepair G-to-A transition in the 5'-untranslated region of ANKH that promotes enhanced expression of ANKH protein and excess generation of extracellular inorganic pyrophosphateYun Zhang
Botnar Research Centre, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Arthritis Rheum 52:1110-7. 2005..This study investigated the potential for ANKH sequence variants to promote sporadic chondrocalcinosis...
- Intracellular substrates for the primer-unblocking reaction by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase: detection and quantitation in extracts from quiescent- and activated-lymphocyte subpopulationsAnthony J Smith
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, P O Box 016129, Miami, FL 33101 6129, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1761-9. 2005..While PP(i)-dependent excision may contribute to AZT resistance in vivo, it is likely that selection of AZT-resistant mutants occurs primarily in an environment where the ATP-dependent reaction predominates...
- Functional complementation of yeast cytosolic pyrophosphatase by bacterial and plant H+-translocating pyrophosphatasesJose R Perez-Castineira
Instituto de Bioquimica Vegetal y Fotosintesis Universidad de Sevilla Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Avda Américo Vespucio sn, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15914-9. 2002..YPC-1 mutant strain constitutes a convenient expression system to perform studies aimed at the elucidation of the structure-function relationships of this type of proton pumps...
- Differentiation of human gamma-delta T cells towards distinct memory phenotypesMatthias Eberl
Biochemisches Institut, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Friedrichstr 24, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Cell Immunol 218:1-6. 2002..In contrast, Vgamma9/Vdelta2 T cells grown with IL-21 differentiated into putative central memory CD45RO(+) T cells that did not produce TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, or IL-4, and maintained expression of CD62L, CD81, and CCR7...
- Replacing the pyrophosphate group of HMB-PP by a diphosphonate function abrogates Its potential to activate human gammadelta T cells but does not lead to competitive antagonismArmin Reichenberg
Jomaa Pharmaka GmbH, Frankfurter Str 50, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:1257-60. 2003..However, replacing the pyrophosphate by a P-CH(2)-P function abrogates the bioactivity drastically, with HMB-PCP having a EC(50) of only 5.3 microM...
- Multidrug-resistant HIV-1 reverse transcriptase: involvement of ribonucleotide-dependent phosphorolysis in cross-resistance to nucleoside analogue inhibitorsAntonio Mas
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, 28049, Madrid, Spain
J Mol Biol 323:181-97. 2002..This proposal could explain why insertion-containing HIV-1 variants have been detected in the absence of AZT, during d4T treatment...
- Distinct cytokine-driven responses of activated blood gammadelta T cells: insights into unconventional T cell pleiotropyDavid Vermijlen
Peter Gorer Department of Immunobiology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas Medical School, King s College London, London, UK
J Immunol 178:4304-14. 2007....
- A possible role for pyrophosphate in the coordination of cytosolic and plastidial carbon metabolism within the potato tuberE M Farré
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Golm, Germany
Plant Physiol 123:681-8. 2000....
- Bioluminometric method for real-time detection of reverse transcriptase activityS Karamohamed
Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Biotechniques 24:302-6. 1998..The possibility of using the new technique for other applications is discussed...
- Cleavage of 3',5'-pyrophosphate-linked dinucleotides by ribonuclease A and angiogeninA M Jardine
Center for Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences and Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biochemistry 40:10262-72. 2001....
- Quantitative detection of single nucleotide polymorphisms for a pooled sample by a bioluminometric assay coupled with modified primer extension reactions (BAMPER)G Zhou
Hitachi Ltd, Central Research Laboratory, 1-280 Higashi-Koigakubo, Kokubunji-shi, Tokyo 185-8601, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 29:E93. 2001..The method is sensitive enough to detect 14 amol ssM13 DNA. The proposed method seems very promising in terms of realizing a cost-effective, large-scale human genetic testing system...
- Efficient pyrophosphorolysis by a hepatitis B virus polymerase may be a primer-unblocking mechanismS Urban
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology and Glaxo Wellcome Heritage Research Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6G 2H7
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:4984-9. 2001..The strong inhibitory effect of cytoplasmic pyrophosphate concentrations on viral DNA synthesis may also partly account for the apparent slow rate of HBV genome replication...
- Chimeric constructs endow the human CFTR Cl- channel with the gating behavior of murine CFTRToby S Scott-Ward
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:16365-70. 2007..We conclude that the NBDs of murine CFTR determine the unique gating behavior of its subconductance state, whereas NBD2 controls channel potentiation by PP(i)...
- Prolonged (E)-4-hydroxy-3-methyl-but-2-enyl pyrophosphate-driven antimicrobial and cytotoxic responses of pulmonary and systemic Vgamma2Vdelta2 T cells in macaquesZahida Ali
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Primate Biomedical Research, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immunol 179:8287-96. 2007..Thus, the prolonged HMBPP-driven antimicrobial and cytotoxic responses of pulmonary and systemic Vgamma2Vdelta2 T cells may confer immunotherapeutics against infectious diseases and cancers...
- Identification of (E)-4-hydroxy-3-methyl-but-2-enyl pyrophosphate as a major activator for human gammadelta T cells in Escherichia coliM Hintz
Jomaa Pharmaka GmbH, Frankfurter Strasse 50, 35392 Giessen, Germany
FEBS Lett 509:317-22. 2001..HMB-PP is 10(4) times more potent in activating human Vgamma9/Vdelta2 T cells than isopentenyl pyrophosphate...
- Binding of phosphate and pyrophosphate ions at the active site of human angiogenin as revealed by X-ray crystallographyD D Leonidas
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
Protein Sci 10:1669-76. 2001..The Ang-pyrophosphate complex structure suggests how nucleoside pyrophosphate inhibitors might bind to Ang; this information may be useful for the design of Ang antagonists as potential anti-angiogenic drugs...
- Transient state kinetics of transcription elongation by T7 RNA polymeraseVasanti Subramanian Anand
Department of Biochemistry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 281:35677-85. 2006..The studies here provide a kinetic framework to investigate structure-function and fidelity of RNA synthesis and to further explore the role of the conformational change in nucleotide selection during RNA synthesis...
- Variety of nucleotide sugar transporters with respect to the interaction with nucleoside mono- and diphosphatesMasatoshi Muraoka
Stem Cell Project, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:24615-22. 2007..Possible physiological implications of these observations are discussed...
- A gel-free SNP genotyping method: bioluminometric assay coupled with modified primer extension reactions (BAMPER) directly from double-stranded PCR productsGuo Hua Zhou
Hitachi, Ltd, Central Research Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Mutat 24:155-63. 2004..As all reactions can be carried out in a single tube, the method will be useful for realizing a fully automated genotyping system...
- Association of ENPP1 gene polymorphisms with hand osteoarthritis in a Chuvasha populationEun Kyung Suk
Gene Mapping Center, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1082-90. 2005..Thus, our data highlights variability of ENPP1 as an important genetic factor in the pathogenesis of idiopathic osteoarthritis...
- Studies of Isoprenoid BiosynthesisCHARLES DALE POULTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..kinase will be conducted, including the development of mutants capable of efficiently synthesizing longer chain diphosphates from the corresponding phosphates...
- Acquired mtDNA depletion and nucleoside reverse transciptase inhibitorsWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..to monophosphates (-MP) by thymidine kinase (cytoplasmic TK1 and mitochondrial TK2 isoforms) and to diphosphates (-DP) by thymidylate kinase (TMPK)...
- Membrane Permeable Diphosphate Analogs Targeting Pathogen Isoprenoid BiosynthesisCAREN L MEYERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..strategy to dramatically enhance the antimalarial properties of FPPS-targeting zoledronate (Aim 1) and linear diphosphates targeting IspG (Aim 2)...
- DEOXYRIBONUCLEOTIDE METABOLISM IN ESCHERICHIA COLIJames Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 1992..coli enzyme. A single enzyme catalyzes the reduction of all ribonucleotide diphosphates and the substrate specificity and overall activity is controlled by allosteric regulation...
- CYCLIC AMP RESISTANCE IN HYDROXYUREA RESISTANT CELLSDaniel Albert; Fiscal Year: 1990Ribonucleoside diphosphate reductase catalyzes the reduction of all four ribonucleoside diphosphates to their deoxynucleotide counterparts...
- Molecular Characterization of p53R2 in Head and Neck CaStuart Wong; Fiscal Year: 2004..RR) - the enzyme that catalyzes the rate limiting step of DNA synthesis (conversion of ribonucleotide diphosphates to deoxyribonucleotide diphosphates)...
- NUCLEOSIDE PHOSPHATE ANALOGUES WITH BORONATED PHOSPHATESBERNARD SPIELVOGEL; Fiscal Year: 1991..These compounds may be prepared by phosphorylation of nucleosides, nucleoside monophosphates and nucleoside diphosphates using a boronated phosphorylating agent...
- FAT NUCLEOSIDES AND NUCLEOTIDESRAMACHANDRA HOSMANE; Fiscal Year: 1990..The mono- and diphosphate derivatives of nucleosides of category II will be prepared. The diphosphates will be polymerized by using the enzyme polynucleotide phosphorylase and the resulting homopolymer templates ..
- Intracellular Localization of Protein PrenylationMark Brown; Fiscal Year: 2003..mechanisms by which isoprenoids elicit their effects has been limited by the difficulty of getting isoprenoid diphosphates into live cells. Echelon Biosciences, Inc...
- PREDICTING THE RESPONSE OF TUMOR TO RADIATIONPaul Okunieff; Fiscal Year: 1992..Metabolic rate related parameters including: delta G (ATP) (free energy of hydrolysis); Mg++; free nucleotide diphosphates ((NDP)); T, of Pi and PCr; and ATPase and CK (creatine kinase) reaction rates will all be measured concurrently...
- Ribonucleotide Reductase: A Cancer Chemotherapy TargetBARRY COOPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..The reaction catalyzed by RR, the reduction of nucleoside diphosphates (NDPs) to deoxynucleosides diphosphates (dNDPs), is the rate-limiting step in the de novo synthesis of dNTPs, ..
- Biochemical Mechanisms of Polyphosphate in MetabolismArthur Kornberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..Among poiy P functions are: kinase donor to glucose and nucleoside diphosphates, phosphate (P1) reservoir, divalent metal (Ca2+, Mg2+, Mn2+) chelator and component of a membrane complex in ..
- Engineering Terpene Synthases for Increased ProductivityJennifer Anthony; Fiscal Year: 2006..Terpene synthases catalyze the cyclization of polyprenyl diphosphates to form a terpene backbone, which is the first committed step in all terpene biosynthesis...
- ISOPRENOID COMPOUNDS FOR BIOLOGICAL STUDIESCHARLES POULTER; Fiscal Year: 2001..In phase I, (a) we optimized the "large scale" synthesis of simple linear C5, C10, C15, and C20 isoprenoid diphosphates, (b)developed procedures for purification and storage of isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase and farnesyl ..
- Renal Volume Measurement to Detect Early Kidney DiseaseW O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL NA K 2CL COTRANSPORTW O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Immunotherapy with Gamma Delta T Cells for B Cell TumorsCRAIG MORITA; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Pyrophosphate in vascular calcification of renal failureW CHARLES O apos NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results will establish a new paradigm for vascular calcification in renal failure and form the basis for important clinical trials in humans. ..
- ANTIGEN RECOGNITION BY GAMMA DELTA T CELLSCRAIG MORITA; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide insights into nonpeptide antigen recognition by human gammadelta T cells and should help clarify their role in immunity and autoimmunity. ..
- Biomaterials (Mg/Zn/F-BCPs)for osteoporosis therapyRacquel LeGeros; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hypothesis: Biomaterials with Zn, Mg and F ions in a calcium phosphate matrix (used as dietary supplement and ion releasing injectible 'implants') will improve bone health. ..
- Electroporation and transcutaneous extraction of drugsSATHYANARAYANA MURTHY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further we also plan to correlate the time course of unbound ciprofloxacin in dermal ECF with that in synovial fluid determined by microdialysis in rat. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Diadenosine Boranotetraphosph(on)ates as Antithrombotic DrugsIvan Yanachkov; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new drug will complement related drugs under development for arterial thrombosis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The isoprenoid pathway from Toxoplasma gondiiSilvia Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2007..gondii, and perform structure-activity relationship studies to facilitate drug design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Matrix proteins promote matrix vesicle mineralizationAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this work is to understand the pathogenesis of calcium crystal formation in articular cartilage, so that specific therapies for this disabling disease can be designed. ..
- Metalloprotein Structure, Function and InhibitionEric Oldfield; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Reverse Transcription Free Microarray AnalysisYe Sun; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protein Structure/Function by Quantum Chemistry and NMREric Oldfield; Fiscal Year: 2006..The fourth and final specific aim is to use NMR and quantum chemical methods to develop improved approaches for quantitative structure-activity relationship studies (quantum QSAR applications). ..
- NMR STUDIES OF ENZYMES/METAL SUBSTRATE INTERACTIONSALBERT MILDVAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..The purpose of studying multiple enzymes which catalyze reactions of the same class is to elucidate general principles of enzyme chemistry and to develop new approaches to enzyme structure and mechanism. ..
- Pathogen-sensing with novel poly(aryleneethynylene)sUWE BUNZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The sensing event should be detectable by simple inspection, or in more sophisticated cases a simple fluorescence spectrometer will be utilized. ..
- ACCELERATING IRON CHELATION FROM SERUM TRANSFERRINWESLEY HARRIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..This is a collaborative project involving faculty with expertise in molecular biology, solution kinetics, organic synthesis, and computational chemistry. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF CALCIUM PYROPHOSPHATE DEPOSITIONIkuko Masuda; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is hoped that these studies will lead to therapies to reduce ePPi accumulation and reduce subsequent cartilage degeneration. ..
- Docosanol and Acyclovir for Treating Genital HerpesLAURA POPE; Fiscal Year: 2003..If proven safe and effective, it would provide a new single agent treatment as well as allow concurrent use with acyclovir. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Topical treatment for recurrent genital herpes infections. ..
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY OF INSULIN-LIKE VANADIUM COMPOUNDSDEBBIE CRANS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will lead to an in-depth understanding of both the chemical and pharmacological properties of known and new vanadium compounds inducing insulin-like action. ..
- Novel phospholipases C in trypanosomatidsSilvia Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Chondrocyte S100/Calgranulins and RAGE in OsteoarthritisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of the work will reveal new potential targets for therapeutic intervention in OA by disconnecting inflammation from deleterious alteration of chondrocyte differentiation and function. ..
- TWO X-LINKED GENES THAT REGULATE MINERAL HOMEOSTASISMichael Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mechanisms of antibiotic action in Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Robert A Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, these projects utilize genetic, biochemical, biophysical, and proteomics approaches to generate new insights into the mechanisms of antibiotic action in N. gonorrhoeae. ..
- NMR STUDIES OF RESPIRATORY PROTEINS AND MODEL SYSTEMSEric Oldfield; Fiscal Year: 2001..Oldfield's refined structures of the proteins, the energetics of binding of small molecules to hemes will be studied, which he hypothesizes are dominated by hydrogen bonding interactions in the cavity. ..
- Trafficking/signaling of P2Y receptors in polarized epithelial cellsRobert A Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our studies will provide novel and important information on the cellular mechanisms of P2Y receptor targeting and the regulation of P2Y receptor signaling activity in epithelial cells. ..
- RADIATION AND DRUG EFFECTS ON TUMOR CELL SUBPOPULATIONSDietmar Siemann; Fiscal Year: 2001..Ultimately we hope that these approaches can be reliably developed to an extent where the use of human tumor biopsy material may lead to radiotherapy treatments more tailored to the individual patient. ..
- ACIDOCALCISOMES AND TOXOPLASMA GONDIISilvia Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2003..gondii H+-pyrophosphatase; specific aim 3: investigation of the role of acidocalcisomes in intracellular Ca2+ and pH homeostasis. ..
- Elementary Steps in DNA PolymerizationKenneth Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- ANK and Joint Ankylosis in SpondylitisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will identify novel targets for enthesopathic bone fusion in spondyloarthritis. ..
- DNA/RNA Quadruplexes: Structure, Stability, InteractionsRICHARD SHAFER; Fiscal Year: 2006..This combination of approaches will afford a detailed examination of the conformation and interaction properties of the very important nucleic acid species. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PTHRP 1 to 173 IN CHONDROCYTESRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2005..Completion of these studies will indicate not only how PTHrP 1-173 can modulate OA, but also how functional properties of the PTHrP 1-173 C-terminal 140-173 domain can be harnessed to promote cartilage repair. ..
- Novel inhibitors of the replication of poxvirusesJohan Neyts; Fiscal Year: 2004..The final goal of this application is to advance a compound for the treatment of (systemic or cutaneous) poxvirus infections to the initial stages of development, i.e., selecting an IND candidate. ..
- High-throughput Sequencing by PyrosequencingMostafa Ronaghi; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Anti-Viral Agents for Treating Lassa FeverPhilip Thorpe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The information generated by these studies may also extend to other viruses that could be used for bioterrorism purposes. ..
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE PROMOTES CPPD DISEASE IN AGING JOINTSAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will contribute to our understanding of CPPD deposition disease, so that effective therapies for this common and disabling form of arthritis can be designed. ..
- NMR STUDIES OF RESPIRATORY PROTEINS AND MODEL SYSTEMSEric Oldfield; Fiscal Year: 2003..Oldfield's refined structures of the proteins, the energetics of binding of small molecules to hemes will be studied, which he hypothesizes are dominated by hydrogen bonding interactions in the cavity. ..
- Novel Antithrombotic Diadenosine Tetraphosphate AnalogsIvan Yanachkov; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new drug will complement related drugs under development for arterial thrombosis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- KINETIC ANALYSIS OF MICROTUBULE-DEPENDENT ATPASESKenneth Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The combination of approaches outlined here will provide rigorous and direct information to define the structural and mechanistic basis for force production by kinesin. ..
- ENZYMATIC LUMINESCENCE microRNA ASSAYYe Sun; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CaP, crystal responsible for idiopathic nephrolithasisSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Type density and size must conform to limits and specifications provided in the PHS 398Instructions. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- TISSUE-CRYSTAL INTERACTION CA OXALATE NEPHROLITHIASISSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2003..We can follow various events of nephrolithiasis in the animal model and cats explore the outcome of renal epithelial cell exposure to oxalate and calcium oxalate crystals in the cell cultures. ..