Genomes and Genes
Summary: The mineral component of bones and teeth; it has been used therapeutically as a prosthetic aid and in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
Publications321 found, 100 shown here
- Biocompatibility and osteogenesis of biomimetic nano-hydroxyapatite/polyamide composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineeringHuanan Wang
Research Center for Nano Biomaterials, Analytical and Testing Center, Sichuan University, Chengdu, 610064, PR China
Biomaterials 28:3338-48. 2007..All these results indicate that the scaffolds fulfill the basic requirements of bone tissue engineering scaffold, and have the potential to be applied in orthopedic, reconstructive and maxillofacial surgery...
- Matrix Gla protein inhibits ectopic calcification by a direct interaction with hydroxyapatite crystalsJason O'Young
School of Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 133:18406-12. 2011..The strong correlation between simulated adsorption and measured growth inhibition indicates that MD provides a powerful tool to predict the effects of proteins and peptides on crystal formation...
- Cemented versus uncemented hemiarthroplasty for displaced femoral neck fracturesWender Figved
Orthopaedic Centre, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:2426-35. 2009..The rates of complications and mortality were similar between groups. Both arthroplasties may be used with good results after displaced femoral neck fractures...
- Bone regeneration by implantation of purified, culture-expanded human mesenchymal stem cellsS P Bruder
Osiris Therapeutics, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Orthop Res 16:155-62. 1998..These studies demonstrate that human mesenchymal stem cells can regenerate bone in a clinically significant osseous defect and may therefore provide an alternative to autogenous bone grafts...
- Hip arthroplasty in patients younger than 30 years: excellent ten to 16-year follow-up results with a HA-coated stemH Wangen
Department of Orthopaedics, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Centre, 0027, Oslo, Norway
Int Orthop 32:203-8. 2008..In conclusion, we found mechanical failures at the acetabular side, but excellent results with a fully HA-coated femoral stem, with no revisions after ten to 16 years...
- Tissue engineering of bone: search for a better scaffoldM Mastrogiacomo
Dipartimento di Oncologia, Biologia e Genetica, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, dell Universita di Genova, Italy
Orthod Craniofac Res 8:277-84. 2005..Different sources of osteoprogenitor cells have been suggested, bone marrow stromal cells (BMSC) being in most cases the first choice...
- Connective tissue mineralization in Abcc6-/- mice, a model for pseudoxanthoma elasticumN Beril Kavukcuoglu
Department of Bioengineering, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Matrix Biol 31:246-52. 2012..These results provide critical information of the mechanisms of mineralization in PXE, with potential pharmacologic implications...
- Recent advances in research applications of nanophase hydroxyapatiteKate Fox
School of Physics, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Chemphyschem 13:2495-506. 2012..Synthesis routes and a wide range of applications of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles will be discussed. The Minireview also addresses several challenges concerning the biosafety of the nanoparticles...
- The effect of calcium ion concentration on osteoblast viability, proliferation and differentiation in monolayer and 3D cultureShinichi Maeno
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Keio University Hospital, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjukuku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Biomaterials 26:4847-55. 2005..Considering the viability of embedded cells, culturing scaffolds in media with Ca2+ concentrations around 5mM is useful for both HAp deposition and osteoblast behavior...
- On implant surfaces: a review of current knowledge and opinionsAnn Wennerberg
Department of Prosthodontics, Malmo University, Sweden
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 25:63-74. 2010....
- Electrophoretic deposition of biomaterialsA R Boccaccini
Institute of Biomaterials, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J R Soc Interface 7:S581-613. 2010....
- Orthopaedic applications of bone graft & graft substitutes: a reviewS K Nandi
Department of Veterinary Surgery and Radiology, West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, Kolkata, India
Indian J Med Res 132:15-30. 2010..We review the currently available bone graft and graft substitutes for the novel therapeutic approaches in clinical setting of orthopaedic surgery...
- Dose-dependent osteogenic effect of octacalcium phosphate on mouse bone marrow stromal cellsTakahisa Anada
Division of Craniofacial Function Engineering, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Tissue Eng Part A 14:965-78. 2008....
- In vitro and in vivo evaluations of nano-hydroxyapatite/polyamide 66/glass fibre (n-HA/PA66/GF) as a novel bioactive bone screwBao Su
Department of Orthopaedics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e68342. 2013..As shown by their good cytocompatibility, excellent biomechanical strength and fast formation and ingrowth of new bone, n-HA/PA66/GF screws are thus suitable for orthopaedic clinical applications. ..
- Integrated biomimetic carbon nanotube composites for in vivo systemsManoj Kumar Singh
Nanotechnology Research Division, Center for Mechanical Technology and Automation, University of Aveiro, 3810 193, Aveiro, Portugal
Nanoscale 2:2855-63. 2010..We believe that these results will have applications in a diversity of areas including carbon nanotube, regeneration, chemistry, and engineering research...
- The effect of hydroxyapatite on the micromotion of total knee prostheses. A prospective, randomized, double-blind studyR G Nelissen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Bone Joint Surg Am 80:1665-72. 1998..Therefore, hydroxyapatite, a biological mediator, may be necessary for the adequate fixation of tibial components when cement is not used...
- Intrinsic magnetism and hyperthermia in bioactive Fe-doped hydroxyapatiteAnna Tampieri
Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramics National Research Council, Faenza RA 48018, Italy
Acta Biomater 8:843-51. 2012..This result potentially opens new perspectives for biodevices aimed at bone regeneration and for anti-cancer therapies based on hyperthermia...
- The Otto Aufranc Award: bone augmentation around and within porous implants by local bisphosphonate elutionMichael Tanzer
Department of Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 441:30-9. 2005..The concept represents a potential tool for restoration of bone stock and enhancement of implant fixation in primary and revision cementless joint arthroplasty surgeries in the face of compromised or deficient bone...
- The performance of BMP-2 loaded TCP/HAP porous ceramics with a polyelectrolyte multilayer film coatingThomas Crouzier
LMGP, UMR 5628 CNRS INPG, 3 parvis Louis Neel, 38016 Grenoble, France
Biomaterials 32:7543-54. 2011..This opens perspective for coating these bioactive PEM on other types of implantable materials, including metal alloy that do not exhibit any affinity for rhBMP-2...
- Hydroxyapatite-coated carboxymethyl chitosan scaffolds for promoting osteoblast and stem cell differentiationRusdianto Budiraharjo
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
J Colloid Interface Sci 366:224-32. 2012..On the other hand, high HAP coverage was beneficial in stimulating osteoblast attachment and proliferation. This study demonstrates the good potential of HAP-coated CMCS scaffolds as osteogenic scaffolds to stimulate bone healing...
- Long-term results of the ABG-1 hydroxyapatite coated total hip arthroplasty: analysis of 111 cases with a minimum follow-up of 10 yearsR Bidar
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Carémeau Teaching Hospital Center, place du Pr Robert Debré, 30029 Nimes Cedex 9, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 95:579-87. 2009....
- In vivo evaluation of resorbable bone graft substitutes in a rabbit tibial defect modelD Stubbs
Orthopaedic Research Laboratories, University of New South Wales, Division of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, High Street, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
Biomaterials 25:5037-44. 2004....
- 3D microenvironment as essential element for osteoinduction by biomaterialsPamela Habibovic
Institute for Biomedical Technology, Twente University, Department Bilthoven, Professor Bronkhorstlaan 10 D, Bilthoven, 3723 MB, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 26:3565-75. 2005....
- The effect of RGD peptides on osseointegration of hydroxyapatite biomaterialsKristin M Hennessy
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Biomaterials 29:3075-83. 2008....
- Uncemented HA-coated implant is the optimum fixation for TKA in the young patientKjell G Nilsson
Department of Orthopaedics, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Clin Orthop Relat Res 448:129-39. 2006..Uncemented fixation using hydroxyapatite-coated implants without screws seems to be the best solution for the younger patient...
- Osteoblast growth and function in porous poly epsilon -caprolactone matrices for bone repair: a preliminary studyG Ciapetti
Laboratorio di Fisiopatologia degli Impianti Ortopedici, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40139, Bologna, Italy
Biomaterials 24:3815-24. 2003..It can be concluded that PCL is a promising material for three-dimensional scaffold for bone formation, and the presence of bone-like components improves osteoblast activity...
- Development of biomimetic nano-hydroxyapatite/poly(hexamethylene adipamide) compositesXuejiang Wang
Institute of Materials Science and Technology, Sichuan University, 610064 Chengdu, China
Biomaterials 23:4787-91. 2002..Chemical binding between inorganic n-HA and polyamide was investigated and discussed. The mechanical properties of the composites were found to match well with those of natural bone...
- The fabrication of nano-hydroxyapatite on PLGA and PLGA/collagen nanofibrous composite scaffolds and their effects in osteoblastic behavior for bone tissue engineeringMichelle Ngiam
National University of Singapore Graduate School NGS for Integrative Sciences and Engineering, Centre for Life Sciences, Singapore
Bone 45:4-16. 2009..The amount of n-HA appeared to have a greater effect on the early stages of osteoblast behavior (cell attachment and proliferation) rather than the immediate/late stages (proliferation and differentiation)...
- Healing of intrabony peri-implantitis defects following application of a nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite (Ostim) or a bovine-derived xenograft (Bio-Oss) in combination with a collagen membrane (Bio-Gide). A case seriesF Schwarz
Department of Oral Surgery, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 33:491-9. 2006....
- Cemented tibial component fixation performs better than cementless fixation: a randomized radiostereometric study comparing porous-coated, hydroxyapatite-coated and cemented tibial components over 5 yearsAke Carlsson
Department of Orthopedicsy, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Acta Orthop 76:362-9. 2005....
- Importance of phosphorylation for osteopontin regulation of biomineralizationA Gericke
Department of Chemistry, Kent State University, Kent, OH, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 77:45-54. 2005..These data taken together suggest that the phosphorylation of OPN is an important factor in regulating the OPN-mediated mineralization process...
- Paramagnetic nanofibrous composite films enhance the osteogenic responses of pre-osteoblast cellsJie Meng
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Nanoscale 2:2565-9. 2010....
- Biomedical applications of hydroxyapatite nanoparticlesS C J Loo
Department of Bioengineering, Rhodes Research Center, 203, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 11:333-42. 2010....
- A preliminary study in osteoinduction by a nano-crystalline hydroxyapatite in the mini pigWerner Gotz
Dept of Orthodontics, Oral Biology Laboratory, University of Bonn, Dental Hospital, Bonn, Germany
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 48:589-96. 2010..The results of this preliminary study indicate that this biomaterial has osteoinductive potential and induces the formation of bone structures, mainly in subcutaneous adipose tissue in the pig...
- Bioresorbable composite bone paste using polysaccharide based nano hydroxyapatiteR Murugan
Nanobioengineering Laboratory, Division of Bioengineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NUS Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Initiative, National University of Singapore, 9 Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 25:3829-35. 2004..These findings suggest that the HA/chitosan composites may have a great impact on human health care systems as bioresorbable bone substitute...
- In vivo behaviour of low-temperature calcium-deficient hydroxyapatite: comparison with deproteinised bovine bonePavel Sponer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital in Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Sokolska 581, 500 05, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Int Orthop 35:1553-60. 2011..The favourable influence of a high specific surface area of a low-temperature calcium-deficient hydroxyapatite on in vivo bone formation was emphasized...
- Improvement on the performance of bone regeneration of calcium sulfate hemihydrate by adding mineralized collagenHuan Ye Liu
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Stomatology, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Tissue Eng Part A 16:2075-84. 2010..This result means that nHAC/CSH could cause an earlier accelerator and better osseointegration for bone repair than CSH only...
- Preliminary biocompatible evaluation of nano-hydroxyapatite/polyamide 66 composite porous membraneYili Qu
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China
Int J Nanomedicine 5:429-35. 2010..In conclusion, the results of the in vitro and in vivo studies reveal that nHA/PA66 membrane has excellent biocompatibility and indicate its use in guided tissue regeneration (GTR) or GBR...
- Structure and properties of nano-hydroxyapatite/polymer composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineeringGuobao Wei
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2009, USA
Biomaterials 25:4749-57. 2004..The results suggest that the newly developed NHAP/polymer composite scaffolds may serve as an excellent 3D substrate for cell attachment and migration in bone tissue engineering...
- Effect of thin nano-hydroxyapatite coating on implant osseointegration in ovariectomized ratsZhipeng Cheng
Department of Implantology, Stomatology Hospital, School of Medical, Zhejiang University, Yan An Road, Hangzhou, China
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 113:e48-53. 2012..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of the thin nano-hydroxyapatite (nano-HA) coating on implant osseointegration in an ovariectomized rat model...
- Prediction of mechanical properties of composites of HDPE/HA/EAAC Albano
Universidad Central de Venezuela, Facultad de Ingenieria, Escuela de Ingeniería Química, Caracas, Venezuela
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 4:467-75. 2011..In composites with 20 and 30 wt% of filler, this interaction does not improve the Young's modulus values, since the deviations of the Verbeek model are significant...
- Adsorption and spectroscopic characterization of lactoferrin on hydroxyapatite nanocrystalsMichele Iafisco
Dipartimento di Chimica G Ciamician, Alma Mater Studiorum Universita di Bologna, Via Selmi 2, 40126, Bologna, Italy
Dalton Trans 40:820-7. 2011..The bioactive surface of HA functionalized with LF could be utilized to improve the material performance towards the biological environment for biomedical applications...
- Stimulation of osteoblast responses to biomimetic nanocomposites of gelatin-hydroxyapatite for tissue engineering scaffoldsHae won Kim
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 26:5221-30. 2005..Based on these findings, the biomimetically synthesized nanocomposite scaffolds are believed to be potentially useful in hard tissue regeneration and tissue engineering fields...
- Biomimetic hydroxyapatite-containing composite nanofibrous substrates for bone tissue engineeringJ Venugopal
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Initiative, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, Block E3 05 12, 2 Engineering Drive 3, Singapore 117576, Republic of Singapore
Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci 368:2065-81. 2010..The present review is intended to direct the reader's attention to the important subjects of synthetic and natural polymers with HA for bone tissue engineering...
- A new uncemented hydroxyapatite-coated femoral component for the treatment of femoral neck fractures: two-year radiostereometric and bone densitometric evaluation in 50 hipsO G Sköldenberg
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institute at Danderyd Hospital, S 18288 Stockholm, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:665-77. 2011..The two-year results from this pilot study indicate that this new, uncemented femoral component can be used for elderly patients with osteoporotic fractures of the femoral neck...
- Effects of hydroxyapatite coating on survival of an uncemented femoral stem. A Swedish Hip Arthroplasty Register study on 4,772 hipsStergios Lazarinis
Department of Orthopaedics, Institute of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Orthop 82:399-404. 2011..However, the evidence behind the use of HA coating on femoral stems is ambiguous. We investigated survival of an uncemented, tapered titanium femoral stem that was available either with or without HA coating (Bi-Metric)...
- The mechanical properties and osteoconductivity of hydroxyapatite bone scaffolds with multi-scale porosityJoseph R Woodard
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1206 W Green St, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Biomaterials 28:45-54. 2007..The change in mechanical behavior is discussed and the study demonstrates the importance of scaffold microporosity on bone ingrowth and on the mechanical behavior of HA implant materials...
- In vivo study on hydroxyapatite scaffolds with trabecular architecture for bone repairMark R Appleford
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78249, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 89:1019-27. 2009..This study demonstrated the potential of trabecular bone modeled, highly porous and interconnected, HA scaffolds for regenerative orthopedics...
- Synthesis and characterisation of nanohydroxyapatite using an ultrasound assisted methodGérard Eddy Poinern
Murdoch Applied Nanotechnology Research Group, Department of Physics, Energy Studies and Nanoscience, School of Engineering and Energy, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia 6150, Australia
Ultrason Sonochem 16:469-74. 2009..The results showed that Nano-HAP can be obtained by this method and the particles were achieved to around 30 nm...
- Preparation and preliminary studies on 177Lu-labeled hydroxyapatite particles for possible use in the therapy of liver cancerSudipta Chakraborty
Radiopharmaceuticals Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India
Nucl Med Biol 35:589-97. 2008..Hydroxyapatite (HA) particles of 20-60 microm size range are chosen as the particulate carrier due to its excellent biocompatibility and ease of labeling with lanthanides...
- Biocompatibility and osteogenicity of degradable Ca-deficient hydroxyapatite scaffolds from calcium phosphate cement for bone tissue engineeringHan Guo
Key Laboratory for Ultrafine Materials of Ministry of Education, and Engineering Research Center for Biomedical Materials of Ministry of Education, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, PR China
Acta Biomater 5:268-78. 2009..However, the CDHA scaffolds showed as good biocompatibility and osteogenicity as the hybrid ones at 8 weeks. These results indicate that the CDHA scaffolds fulfill the basic requirements of bone tissue engineering scaffold...
- Hydroxyapatite nanoparticles as vectors for gene deliveryThi Ngoc Tram Do
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Ther Deliv 3:623-32. 2012....
- Immunohistochemical characterization of nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite silica gel (NanoBone(r)) osteogenesis: a study on biopsies from human jawsWerner Gotz
Department of Orthodontics, Oral Biology Laboratory, University of Bonn, Dental Hospital, Bonn, Germany
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:1016-26. 2008..5 and 12 months...
- Nanocalcium-deficient hydroxyapatite-poly (e-caprolactone)-polyethylene glycol-poly (e-caprolactone) composite scaffoldsZhiwei Wang
Department of Orthopedics, Shanghai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:3123-31. 2012..The results suggested that the n-CDAP-based composite exhibits good biocompatibility, biodegradation, and osteogenesis in vivo...
- In vivo analysis of biocompatibility and vascularization of the synthetic bone grafting substitute NanoBoneK Abshagen
Institute for Experimental Surgery, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res A 91:557-66. 2009..Our results underline that, beside the composition and nanostructure, the macrostructure is also of importance for the incorporation of the biomaterial by the host tissue...
- Electrospun hydroxyapatite-containing chitosan nanofibers crosslinked with genipin for bone tissue engineeringMichael E Frohbergh
Drexel University, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health System, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Biomaterials 33:9167-78. 2012..Such scaffolds will facilitate the proliferation, differentiation and maturation of osteoblast-like cells. We propose that these scaffolds might be useful for the repair and regeneration of maxillofacial defects and injuries...
- Effect of combined local treatment with zoledronic acid and basic fibroblast growth factor on implant fixation in ovariectomized ratsYing Gao
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases and Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Sichuan University West China College of Stomatology, Chengdu, China
Bone 44:225-32. 2009....
- Nano-analytical electron microscopy reveals fundamental insights into human cardiovascular tissue calcificationSergio Bertazzo
Department of Materials, Imperial College London, London, UK
Nat Mater 12:576-83. 2013..Indeed, applying materials science techniques to ectopic and orthotopic calcification has great potential to lend critical insights into pathophysiological processes underlying calcific cardiovascular disease...
- Mechanical properties and in vitro bioactivity of injectable and self-setting calcium sulfate/nano-HA/collagen bone graft substituteNing Min Hu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgerg, General Hospital, Ningxia Medical University, Yinchuan 750004, PR China
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 12:119-28. 2012..In vitro cell behavior demonstrated that the composites could provide adequate environment for cell adhesion and proliferation. All these indicated that the nHAC/CSH composites were a potential scaffold for bone tissue engineering...
- Degradable biocomposite of nano calcium-deficient hydroxyapatite-multi(amino acid) copolymerHong Li
School of Physical Science and Technology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:1287-95. 2012..The composition, structure, and compressive strength of the composite was characterized, and the in vitro degradability in phosphate-buffered solution and preliminary cell responses to the composite were investigated...
- Osteotomy of distal radius fracture malunion using a fast remodeling bone substitute consisting of calcium sulphate and calcium phosphateAntonio Abramo
Department of Orthopaedics, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 92:281-6. 2010..A more rigid fixation may improve the radiographic outcome with this kind of bone substitute...
- Amino acid synergetic effect on structure, morphology and surface properties of biomimetic apatite nanocrystalsBarbara Palazzo
Department of Chemistry G Ciamician, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Via Selmi 2, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Acta Biomater 5:1241-52. 2009....
- Fabrication and characterization of PLGA/HAp composite scaffolds for delivery of BMP-2 plasmid DNAHemin Nie
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
J Control Release 120:111-21. 2007..The observations show that DNA/chitosan nanoparticles encapsulated PLGA/HAp composite scaffold is promising for use in bone regeneration...
- Superior in vitro biological response and mechanical properties of an implantable nanostructured biomaterial: Nanohydroxyapatite-silicone rubber compositeW W Thein-Han
Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering Research Laboratory, Center for Structural and Functional Materials, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, P O Box 44130, Lafayette, LA 70504, USA
Acta Biomater 5:2668-79. 2009..The integration of cellular and molecular biology with materials science and engineering described herein provides a direction for the development of a new generation of nanostructured materials...
- Repair of rat cranial bone defects with nHAC/PLLA and BMP-2-related peptide or rhBMP-2Jingfeng Li
Department of Orthopedics, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, People s Republic of China
J Orthop Res 29:1745-52. 2011..The osteoinductive ability of 3 mg P24 was similar to that of 1 µg rhBMP-2. P24/nHAC/PLLA is a promising scaffold biomaterial for bone tissue regeneration...
- A hollow cylindrical nano-hydroxyapatite/polyamide composite strut for cervical reconstruction after cervical corpectomyZenghui Zhao
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, 1 Youyi Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing 400016, China
J Clin Neurosci 19:536-40. 2012..We conclude that the n-HA/PA composite strut is scientifically and technically sound for cervical reconstruction and interbody fusion after corpectomy with anterior plate fixation...
- Hydroxyapatite nano and microparticles: correlation of particle properties with cytotoxicity and biostabilityM Motskin
Multi Imaging Centre, School of Biological Sciences, Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, Anatomy Building, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3DY, United Kingdom
Biomaterials 30:3307-17. 2009..Some HA NPs eluded the phagocytic pathway and a few were even seen to enter the nuclei through nuclear pores...
- The nanocomposite scaffold of poly(lactide-co-glycolide) and hydroxyapatite surface-grafted with L-lactic acid oligomer for bone repairYang Cui
State Key Laboratory of Polymer Physics and Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, People s Republic of China
Acta Biomater 5:2680-92. 2009..All the data extrapolated that the composite with 10 and 20wt.% op-HA exhibited better comprehensive properties and were the optimal composites for bone repairing...
- Nanostructured biocomposite substrates by electrospinning and electrospraying for the mineralization of osteoblastsDeepika Gupta
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Initiative, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Biomaterials 30:2085-94. 2009....
- Influence of hydroxyapatite-coated and growth factor-releasing interference screws on tendon-bone healing in an ovine modelYan Lu
University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Arthroscopy 25:1427-34.e1. 2009....
- Enhancement of periprosthetic bone quality with topical hydroxyapatite-bisphosphonate compositeSanjeev J Suratwala
Center for Orthopaedic Research, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:2189-96. 2008....
- Cementless hemispheric hydroxyapatite-coated sockets for acetabular revisionCarel H Geerdink
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Atrium Medical Centre, CX Heerlen, The Netherlands
J Arthroplasty 22:369-76. 2007..5%-100%) and 98.1% (confidence interval, 94.5%-100%) when aseptic loosening of the cup is the end point. We conclude that hydroxyapatite-coated cups for acetabular revision show promising results...
- Poly(lactide-co-glycolide)/hydroxyapatite composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineeringSang Soo Kim
Department of Bioengineering, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 27:1399-409. 2006..These results show that the biodegradable polymer/bioceramic composite scaffolds fabricated by the novel GF/PL method enhance bone regeneration compared with those fabricated by the conventional SC/PL method...
- Preparation and properties of poly(lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA)/ nano-hydroxyapatite (NHA) scaffolds by thermally induced phase separation and rabbit MSCs culture on scaffoldsY X Huang
Institute of Nano and Bio Polymeric Materials, Tongji University, Shanghai 200092, PR China
J Biomater Appl 22:409-32. 2008..NHA. The results suggest that the newly developed PLGA/NHA composite scaffolds may serve as an excellent 3D substrate for cell attachment and migration in bone tissue engineering...
- Hydroxyapatite nanoparticles as a controlled-release carrier of BMP-2: absorption and release kinetics in vitroGuangping Xie
Shanghai Biomaterials Research and Testing Center, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, 200011 Shanghai, China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 21:1875-80. 2010..Collectively, these results suggest that HANPs has the potential to function as a carrier for drug delivery systems and as a scaffold material in bone tissue engineering...
- The use of a bioresorbable nano-crystalline hydroxyapatite paste in acetabular bone impaction graftingJ J Chris Arts
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Department Orthopaedics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 27:1110-8. 2006..In conclusion, Ostim HA-paste could be a valuable addition when TCP-HA ceramic granules are being used for acetabular bone impaction grafting procedures...
- Nano-hydroxyapatite/poly(L-lactic acid) composite synthesized by a modified in situ precipitation: preparation and propertiesC Y Zhang
Key Laboratory of Materials Physics, Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hefei, 230031, People s Republic of China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 21:3077-83. 2010..This supports the potential of these composites for applications in bone tissue engineering and load bearing bone defects repair...
- Accelerated mineralization of dense collagen-nano bioactive glass hybrid gels increases scaffold stiffness and regulates osteoblastic functionBenedetto Marelli
Department of Mining and Materials Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Biomaterials 32:8915-26. 2011..The accelerated mineralization of rapidly produced DC-nBG hybrid gels indicates their potential suitability as osteoinductive cell delivery scaffolds for bone regenerative therapy...
- The sequestration of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles by human monocyte-macrophages in a compartment that allows free diffusion with the extracellular environmentMichael Motskin
Multi Imaging Centre, Dept of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, Anatomy Building, Cambridge University, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
Biomaterials 32:9470-82. 2011..We propose that SCC formation may be a means to remove large amounts of foreign material from the extracellular space, followed by slow degradation, may be to avoid excessive damage to surrounding cells or tissues...
- In vitro assessment of the differentiation potential of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells on genipin-chitosan conjugation scaffold with surface hydroxyapatite nanostructure for bone tissue engineeringGuancong Wang
Center of Bio and Micro nano Functional Materials, State Key Laboratory of Crystal Materials, Shandong University, Jinan, PR China
Tissue Eng Part A 17:1341-9. 2011..These findings open a new research avenue to controlling stem cell lineage commitment and provide a promising scaffold for bone tissue engineering...
- NLRP3 inflammasome plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of hydroxyapatite-associated arthropathyChengcheng Jin
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:14867-72. 2011..These results demonstrate that the NLRP3 inflammasome mediates the pathological effect of HA crystals in vitro and in vivo and suggest a critical role for the inflammasome in the pathogenesis of OA...
- Various preparation methods of highly porous hydroxyapatite/polymer nanoscale biocomposites for bone regenerationFangfang Sun
Department of Nanomedical Engineering, College of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Pusan National University, Miryang 627 706, Republic of Korea
Acta Biomater 7:3813-28. 2011..Finally, we provide a summary and our own perspectives on this active area of research...
- Point: Hydroxyapatite crystal deposition is intimately involved in the pathogenesis and progression of human osteoarthritisGeraldine M McCarthy
Department of Medicine, University College Dublin and Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles St, Dublin 7, Ireland
Curr Rheumatol Rep 11:141-7. 2009..Enhanced effort is needed to establish calcium-containing crystals as a therapeutic target in OA, as current data suggest an intimate association in its pathogenesis and progression...
- Early bone apposition in vivo on plasma-sprayed and electrochemically deposited hydroxyapatite coatings on titanium alloyHao Wang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, and Tissue Engineering, VA Boston Healthcare System, MA 02139, USA
Biomaterials 27:4192-203. 2006....
- The chemical composition of synthetic bone substitutes influences tissue reactions in vivo: histological and histomorphometrical analysis of the cellular inflammatory response to hydroxyapatite, beta-tricalcium phosphate and biphasic calcium phosphate cerShahram Ghanaati
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Biomed Mater 7:015005. 2012..Both of these factors are necessary for successful bone tissue regeneration...
- Increasing the pore sizes of bone-mimetic electrospun scaffolds comprised of polycaprolactone, collagen I and hydroxyapatite to enhance cell infiltrationMatthew C Phipps
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, United States
Biomaterials 33:524-34. 2012....
- Modular peptides promote human mesenchymal stem cell differentiation on biomaterial surfacesJae Sam Lee
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Acta Biomater 6:21-8. 2010..Our study indicates that the modular peptides described here are multifunctional, and the characteristics of this approach suggest that it can potentially be applied to a range of biomaterials for regenerative medicine applications...
- Development of an osteoconductive PCL-PDIPF-hydroxyapatite composite scaffold for bone tissue engineeringJuan Manuel Fernandez
Grupo de Investigación en Osteopatías y Metabolismo Mineral, Departamento de Ciencias Biologicas, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 5:e126-35. 2011..The development of HAP-Blend composite, with improved physical, mechanical and osteoinductive properties, may potentially be used in bone tissue-engineering applications...
- Nanoscale hydroxyapatite particles for bone tissue engineeringHongjian Zhou
Department of Nanomedical Engineering, College of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Pusan National University, Miryang 627 706, Republic of Korea
Acta Biomater 7:2769-81. 2011..This feature article looks afresh at nano-HAp particles, highlighting the importance of size, crystal morphology control, and composites with other inorganic particles for biomedical material development...
- Biologically inspired rosette nanotubes and nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite hydrogel nanocomposites as improved bone substitutesLijie Zhang
Division of Engineering, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Nanotechnology 20:175101. 2009..In summary, the presently observed excellent properties of the biomimetic nanocrystalline HA/HRN hydrogel composites make them promising candidates for further study for bone tissue engineering applications...
- The effect of surface immobilized bisphosphonates on the fixation of hydroxyapatite-coated titanium implants in ovariectomized ratsYing Gao
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Sichuan University, Chendgu, China
Biomaterials 30:1790-6. 2009..These results provide new evidence that immobilized BPs have positive effects on implant fixation in osteoporotic bone, in addition to their well-documented potency to inhibit implant loosening in normal bone...
- Influence of crystallite size of nanophased hydroxyapatite on fibronectin and osteonectin adsorption and on MC3T3-E1 osteoblast adhesion and morphologyN Ribeiro
INEB Instituto de Engenharia Biomedica, Divisão de Biomateriais, Universidade do Porto, Rua do Campo Alegre, 823, 4150 180 Porto, Portugal
J Colloid Interface Sci 351:398-406. 2010..Therefore the osteoblast adhesion and metabolic activity seemed to be more sensitive to surfaces morphology and roughness than to the type of adsorbed proteins...
- Size effect of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles on proliferation and apoptosis of osteoblast-like cellsZhongli Shi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Medical College of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
Acta Biomater 5:338-45. 2009..Np20 has the best effect on promotion of cell growth and inhibition of cell apoptosis. This work provides an interesting view of the role of nano-HAPs as ideal biomedical materials in future clinical applications...
- Chitosan composites for bone tissue engineering--an overviewJayachandran Venkatesan
Department of Chemistry, Pukyong National University, Busan 608 737, Korea
Mar Drugs 8:2252-66. 2010..Herein, the preparation, mechanical properties, chemical interactions and in vitro activity of chitosan composites for bone tissue engineering will be discussed...
- Beneficial effects of hydroxyapatite on enamel subjected to 30% hydrogen peroxideTao Jiang
Key Laboratory for Oral Biomedical Engineering, Ministry of Education, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, 237 Luoyu Road, Wuhan 430079, PR China
J Dent 36:907-14. 2008..To evaluate the effect of combination of hydroxyapatite (HA) and hydrogen peroxide (HP) on color, microhardness and morphology of human tooth enamel...
- The role of collagen in bone apatite formation in the presence of hydroxyapatite nucleation inhibitorsFabio Nudelman
Laboratory of Materials and Interface Chemistry and Soft Matter CryoTEM Unit, Eindhoven University of Technology, PO Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Nat Mater 9:1004-9. 2010..We developed a model describing the mechanisms through which the structure, supramolecular assembly and charge distribution of collagen can control mineralization in the presence of inhibitors of hydroxyapatite nucleation...
- Outcome of acetabular revision using an uncemented hydroxyapatite-coated component: two- to five-year results and reviewArmugam Dorairajan
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospitals, Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, Coventry, UK
J Arthroplasty 20:209-18. 2005..Our early results favor the use of this type of cup in acetabular revisions with moderate bone loss, but longer-term follow-up will be required. Key words: acetabulum, hydroxyapatite, revision, bone deficiency, complications...
- BMP-2 plasmid loaded PLGA/HAp composite scaffolds for treatment of bone defects in nude miceHemin Nie
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, 4 Engineering Drive 4, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 30:892-901. 2009..These observations demonstrate that the in vivo performance of these newly developed DNA delivery devices correlates well with their in vitro release profiles...
- Structural evolution of sol-gel-derived hydroxyapatiteDean Mo Liu
Department of Metals and Materials Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Biomaterials 23:1679-87. 2002..Through an appropriate heat treatment between 300 and 400d degrees C. the apatite prepared using current process exhibits a nano-scale, low-crystallinity, carbonated apatitic structure, which closely resembles that of human bone apatite...
- Porous scaffolds of polycaprolactone reinforced with in situ generated hydroxyapatite for bone tissue engineeringPaola Fabbri
Department of Materials and Environmental Engineering, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
J Mater Sci Mater Med 21:343-51. 2010..The possibility to employ the developed composites as scaffolds for bone tissue regeneration was assessed by cytotoxicity test of the PCL/HA composites extracts and cell adhesion and proliferation in vitro studies...
- Nanostructured calcium phosphates for biomedical applications: novel synthesis and characterizationPrashant N Kumta
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Acta Biomater 1:65-83. 2005..The resultant nanocrystalline phosphates have been characterized for their structure, morphology, thermal stability, and composition. Results of the in vitro transfection are also described...
- CELL AND GENE THERAPY IN A MOUSE MODEL OF HUMAN OSTEOGENChristopher Niyibizi; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Annual MeetingDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Research Group Annual MtgDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- PREVENTION OF DENTAL CARIESShozo Takagi; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Microbial Markers for Periodontal Disease in ChildrenDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Attachment of Oral Actinobacillus to EpitheliumDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2008..The longterm goal of this application is to use this information to identify targets for therapeutic agents that can interfere with attachment of Aa to oral tissues and thus prevent colonization leading to LAP. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Staining Techniques for Micro-CT Imaging of MicrodamageRYAN ROEDER; Fiscal Year: 2004..4. Image the three-dimensional damage developed in cortical bone specimens following low cycle fatigue in four point bending. Differences in damage patterns due to pure bending and combined bending and shear loading will be identified. ..
- Helical Rosette Nanotubes for Treating Osteoporotic BoneThomas Webster; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- OSTEOPOROSIS, COLLAGEN CROSS-LINKS & BIOMECHANICSAdele Boskey; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will be based on histology, FTIR Imaging (FTIRI), biomechanical, and biochemical techniques and represent a novel approach to evaluating the organic matrix inosteoporosis. ..
- IN VITRO INITIATION OF BIOLOGICAL CALCIFICATIONAdele Boskey; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Micro-computed tomography system (Micro-CT)Adele Boskey; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISM OF HARD TISSUE MINERALIZATIONAdele L Boskey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3: To determine whether DSPP and BGN interact synergistically during the collagen-based in vitro mineralization process using in vitro and in situ analyses. ..
- Novel Biomaterials Guiding Supercrestal Bone GrowthMei Wei; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will also improve the reliability of the surgery and reduce the risk, pain and disruption associated with bone augmentation [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Cranial Suture Development by TGF-Beta and Fibroblast Growth FactorArun Gosain; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will provide mechanistic insights into the regulation of cranial suture development, and help to relate mouse and human models of craniosynostosis. ..
- DENTIN BIOMINERALIZATIONCharles Sfeir; Fiscal Year: 2007..This data will also provide basic knowledge for designing treatment of ectopic mineralization specifically in diseases as such kidney stones or failing heart valve prosthesis. ..
- SALIVARY MUCOUS CELL GENE EXPRESSIONDAVID CULP; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, expression of a novel human gene expressing a salivary apomucin will be verified, and if expressed, would be the focus of future studies to determine mechanisms regulating its expression. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Matrix Protein Regulation of Enamel Mineral FormationHENRY MARGOLIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Long term, such information should provide new insights for the development of bio-inspired materials and novel approaches for mineralized tissue repair and regeneration. ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)Robert Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Glucose-dependent Insulinotropic Peptide & Bone TurnoverCarlos Isales; Fiscal Year: 2006..This in turn may signal GIP as a potential hormone target for pharmacologic intervention in bone pathologies such as osteoporosis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pyrophosphate in vascular calcification of renal failureW CHARLES O apos NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results will establish a new paradigm for vascular calcification in renal failure and form the basis for important clinical trials in humans. ..
- Development of a calcium-phosphate nanocomplex fluoride-based mouthrinseRobert Karlinsey; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Formation of the Enamel-Dentin InterfaceElia Beniash; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Multiaxial Single-Cell Biomechanics for MechanotransductionSEAN KOHLES; Fiscal Year: 2007..contribute to the understanding of pathologic cell states and therapeutic approaches for load-bearing tissues, and guide the design of engineered biomaterials which control cellular function [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral Infectious Disease: Virulence and Host DeterminantsDAVID CULP; Fiscal Year: 2009..Future studies can then focus on molecular mechanisms of host-pathogen interactions. Results may indicate important therapeutic targets to treat patients at high risk for caries (i.e., patients with xerostomia). ..
- RESIN-BASED REMINERALIZING CEMENTS AND COMPOSITESSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of this research will lead to Ca- PO4 cements and composites with improved adhesion to dentin and improved strength for ART and the treatment of root caries. ..
- Rabbit Model for In Vivo Monitoring of Bone StructureMichael Voor; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will give investigators the opportunity to watch the specific trabecular surfaces that are affected by various treatments and to observe when these effects occur. ..
- Bioactive signal gradients to engineer TMJ condyle osteochondral constructsMICHAEL DETAMORE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation and Control of Mineralization in TeethHENRY MARGOLIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Imaging/Mapping Fourier Transform Infrared MicroscopeAndrei Stanishevsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL NA K 2CL COTRANSPORTW O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- BAG-75: UNIQUE MARKER OF PRIMARY BONE FORMATIONJEFFREY GORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Stimulation of appositional formation by lamellar bone would not be expected to have the same effect. These future functional studies require determination of the BAG-75 cDNA sequence. ..
- REGULATION OF GLANDULAR MUCOUS CELL SECRETIONDAVID CULP; Fiscal Year: 2001..Results will provide specific information for determination of the dose and temporal administration of agonist in future clinical trials to treat patients with salivary hypofunction. ..
- CARIOGENIC POTENTIAL OF DENTAL PLAQUE FLUIDHENRY MARGOLIS; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long-term goal is to provide a unified picture of the caries process to be used in the design of improved delivery mechanisms for mineral ions, the assessment of caries risk, and the development of relevant in vitro models. ..
- Composition/Functional Elasticity of Engineered TissuesSEAN KOHLES; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will be used to predict the time-dependent performance of cell-polymer constructs, and to gain insight into the mechanisms of scaffold degradation and ECM synthesis...
- Renal Volume Measurement to Detect Early Kidney DiseaseW O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Composition, Properties and structure of Tooth EnamelHENRY MARGOLIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific efforts are proposed to promote the inclusion of new, minority and female investigators, as well as persons with disabilities. ..
- Novel Nano Calcium Phosphate for Pulp Gene DeliveryCharles Sfeir; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Extracrevicular Invasion by Periodontal PathogensJOEL RUDNEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- IN VIVO STUDIES OF SALIVA ANTIMICROBIAL PROTEINSJOEL RUDNEY; Fiscal Year: 2001..By focusing on redundancy and complexing, this project also addresses the question of whether individual proteins exert unique and specific effects in the mouth. ..
- Sensate Scaffolds for Orthopaedic Tissue RepairJohn Szivek; Fiscal Year: 2005..A system of this type will provide a means of monitoring healing and rehabilitation in patients. ..
- TMJ Bioengineering ConferenceMICHAEL DETAMORE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Laser Ablation of Dental Hard TissuesDaniel Fried; Fiscal Year: 2006..Use of those laser systems is likely to lead to the practice of more conservative Dental procedures that will markedly reduce the amount of healthy tissue loss that is generally associated with conventional cavity preparations. ..
- IMPROVED PREVENTIVE/RESTORATIVE RESINS AND COMPOSITESSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The data gathered in these experiments will serve to support a larger R01 grant application with the long-term objectives of developing improved durable materials for adhesives and adhesive composites. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogen: Chrodroprotective or Destructive?Sally Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2002..The inconclusive and contradictory data from human and animal studies render the proposed studies highly significant. ..
- EPITOPE DISCOVERY--NEW ROUTE TO VACCINESGeorge Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MINERALIZATION OF PRIMARY BONEJEFFREY GORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this work should better define the differences between primariy and lamellar bone, as well as aid in the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and atherosclerosis. ..
- Risk for Renal Injury Caused by Shock Wave LithotripsyAndrew Evan; Fiscal Year: 2008..All of these proposed studies aim at understanding the adverse effects of shock waves and advancing the safety of all stone patients at a time when reports of adverse effects in SWL are on the rise. ..
- IKSI: 1st Annual International Urolithiasis Research SymposiumAndrew Evan; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IKSI: 2nd International Urolithiasis Research SymposiumAndrew Evan; Fiscal Year: 2008..This assumption was supported by the great success of the 1st International Urolithiasis Research symposium and the high level of interest in the 2nd symposium date. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TEM with Digital and Cryopreparation SystemsAndrew Evan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Richard Gregory will employ immunohistochemistry to examine the role of a Streptococcus mutans 65 kDa fimbrial protein binding as a mechanism for the induction of dental carries. ..
- ESTROGEN STATUS AND THE FUNCTION OF CORONARY ARTERIESVIRGINIA MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The experiments of this proposal take such an approach using molecular to integrated whole animal physiology. ..