Genomes and Genes
Summary: A salt of lithium that has been used experimentally as an immunomodulator.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta positively regulates the proliferation of human ovarian cancer cellsQi Cao
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200011, China
Cell Res 16:671-7. 2006..Our findings thus suggest that GSK-3beta activity is important for the proliferation of ovarian cancer cells, implicating this kinase as a potential therapeutic target in ovarian cancer...
- The mood stabilizers lithium and valproate selectively activate the promoter IV of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in neuronsS Yasuda
Molecular Neurobiology Section, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1363, USA
Mol Psychiatry 14:51-9. 2009..Our results have strong implications for the therapeutic actions of these two mood stabilizers...
- Lithium inhibits glycogen synthase kinase-3 activity and mimics wingless signalling in intact cellsV Stambolic
Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Canada
Curr Biol 6:1664-8. 1996..In higher eukaryotes, GSK-3 has been implicated in signal transduction pathways downstream of phosphoinositide 3-kinase and mitogen-activated protein kinases...
- Lrp5-independent activation of Wnt signaling by lithium chloride increases bone formation and bone mass in micePhilippe Clément-Lacroix
Prostrakan Pharmaceuticals, 102 route de Noisy, 93230 Romainville, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17406-11. 2005..We gavage-fed lithium chloride to 8-week-old mice from three different strains (Lrp5(-/-), SAMP6, and C57BL/6) and assessed the effect on ..
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3β is required for the induction of skeletal muscle atrophyKoen J P Verhees
Department of Respiratory Medicine, School for Nutrition, Toxicology and Metabolism NUTRIM, Maastricht University Medical Centre MUMC, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 301:C995-C1007. 2011....
- Lithium chloride inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration and alleviates injury-induced neointimal hyperplasia via induction of PGC-1αZhuyao Wang
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Molecular and Medical Biotechnology and College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
PLoS ONE 8:e55471. 2013..Therefore, the purpose of the present study is to determine if lithium chloride (LiCl) retards VSMC proliferation and migration and if PGC-1α mediates the effects of lithium on VSMCs...
- Voltage-dependent calcium channel and NMDA receptor antagonists augment anticonvulsant effects of lithium chloride on pentylenetetrazole-induced clonic seizures in miceMehdi Ghasemi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 13145 784, Tehran, Iran
Epilepsy Behav 18:171-8. 2010....
- Slowing down DNA translocation through a nanopore in lithium chlorideStefan W Kowalczyk
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience, Delft University of Technology, Lorentzweg 1, 2628 CJ Delft, The Netherlands
Nano Lett 12:1038-44. 2012..These fundamental insights into the counterion binding to DNA also provide a practical method for achieving at least 10-fold enhanced resolution in nanopore applications...
- Atherosclerosis induced by a high-fat diet is alleviated by lithium chloride via reduction of VCAM expression in ApoE-deficient miceSung E Choi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Kyunggi do 442 749, Republic of Korea
Vascul Pharmacol 53:264-72. 2010..Here we investigated whether lithium chloride (LiCl), an inhibitor of glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK-3β), could counteract atherosclerosis induced by a ..
- Role of glycogen synthase kinase-3 in TNF-alpha-induced NF-kappaB activation and apoptosis in hepatocytesRobert F Schwabe
Department of Medicine, Biochemistry, and Biophysics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G204-11. 2002..These results indicate that GSK-3 protects hepatocytes from TNF-alpha-induced apoptosis through p65 phosphorylation and upregulation of NF-kappaB transactivation...
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta activity is sufficient to stimulate myogenic differentiationJos L J Van Der Velden
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C453-62. 2006..We assessed whether pharmacological inhibition of GSK-3beta with lithium chloride (LiCl) was sufficient to stimulate myogenesis...
- Lithium stimulates proliferation in cultured thyrocytes by activating Wnt/beta-catenin signallingA S Rao
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 153:929-38. 2005..Here we investigated the potential modulation of Wnt/beta-catenin signalling under lithium treatment in primary and neoplastic human thyrocytes...
- Lithium chloride regulates the proliferation of stem-like cells in retinoblastoma cell lines: a potential role for the canonical Wnt signaling pathwayAmanda K Silva
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Mol Vis 16:36-45. 2010..In this study, we investigated whether the Wnt pathway activator lithium chloride (LiCl) regulates proliferation of retinoblastoma cancer stem-like cells.
- The mood stabilizer valproic acid stimulates GABA neurogenesis from rat forebrain stem cellsPascal Laeng
Gene Discovery, Psychiatric Genomics, Inc, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878, USA
J Neurochem 91:238-51. 2004....
- Insulin and wnt1 pathways cooperate to induce reserve cell activation in differentiation and myotube hypertrophyAnne Rochat
Institut de Genetique Humaine, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR 1142, 34396 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Biol Cell 15:4544-55. 2004..These data reveal insulin and Wnt/beta-catenin pathways cooperate in muscle cell differentiation through activation and recruitment of satellite cell-like reserve myoblasts...
- Chronic lithium chloride administration attenuates brain NMDA receptor-initiated signaling via arachidonic acid in unanesthetized ratsMireille Basselin
Brain Physiology and Metabolism Section, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:1659-74. 2006..The results show that it is possible to image NMDA signaling via PLA2 activation and AA release in vivo, and that chronic lithium blocks this signaling, consistent with its suggested mechanism of action in BD...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK3beta) inhibition suppresses the inflammatory response to Francisella infection and protects against tularemia in micePing Zhang
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, United States
Mol Immunol 46:677-87. 2009..tularensis LVS infection, and suggest that inhibition of GSK3beta may represent a novel therapeutic approach in the treatment of tularemia...
- Lithium increases PGC-1alpha expression and mitochondrial biogenesis in primary bovine aortic endothelial cellsIan T Struewing
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, 900 Limestone Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
FEBS J 274:2749-65. 2007....
- A functional role for central glucagon-like peptide-1 receptors in lithium chloride-induced anorexiaL Rinaman
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Am J Physiol 277:R1537-40. 1999..peptide-1 (GLP-1)-receptor signalling contributes to the anorexigenic effects of systemically administered lithium chloride (LiCl)...
- The yeast HAL2 nucleotidase is an in vivo target of salt toxicityJ R Murguia
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Plantas, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Valencia, Spain
J Biol Chem 271:29029-33. 1996..In addition to blocking sulfate assimilation by product inhibition of PAPS reductase, PAP accumulation may have other unidentified toxic effects...
- Lithium chloride attenuates cell death in oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy by perturbing Wnt/β-catenin pathwayA Abu-Baker
The Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A2B4, Canada
Cell Death Dis 4:e821. 2013..Here, we explored a pharmacological manipulation of a Wnt signaling pathway using lithium chloride (LiCl), a GSK-3β inhibitor, and observed the enhanced expression of β-catenin protein as well as the ..
- Roles of phospho-GSK-3β in myocardial protection afforded by activation of the mitochondrial K ATP channelYoshiaki Terashima
Division of Cardiology, Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:762-70. 2010..Inhibition of CypD-ANT interaction may contribute to mK(ATP)-induced myocardial protection, though it is not the sole mechanism of phospho-GSK-3β-mediated cytoprotection...
- GSK3b-inhibitor lithium chloride enhances activation of Wnt canonical signaling and osteoblast differentiation on hydrophilic titanium surfacesC Galli
Sez Odontostomatologia, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 24:921-7. 2013..This study investigated whether stimulation of Wnt signaling by GSK3b inhibitor lithium chloride (LiCl) could affect the response of mesenchymal or osteoblastic cells growing on titanium surfaces with ..
- Early gene response in lithium chloride induced apoptosisW V Zhang
Division of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, University of Auckland, Grafton, Auckland, New Zealand
Apoptosis 10:75-90. 2005Depending on the cellular context, lithium chloride can lead to enhanced proliferation, cell cycle arrest or apoptosis in mammalian cells...
- Experimental dissociation of neural circuits underlying conditioned avoidance and hypophagic responses to lithium chlorideLinda Rinaman
Department of Neuroscience, Univ of Pittsburgh, A210 Langley Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R1495-503. 2007..To determine whether NST NA neurons also are necessary for lithium chloride (LiCl) to inhibit food intake and/or to support conditioned avoidance behavior, saporin toxin conjugated to ..
- Inhibition of inositol monophosphatase by lithium chloride induces selective macrophage apoptosis in atherosclerotic plaquesInge De Meyer
Division of Pharmacology, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 162:1410-23. 2011b>Lithium chloride (LiCl) inhibits inositol monophosphatase (IMPase) at therapeutic concentrations...
- Lithium sensitizes tumor cells in an NF-kappa B-independent way to caspase activation and apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factor (TNF). Evidence for a role of the TNF receptor-associated death domain proteinP Schotte
Department of Molecular Biology, Unit for Molecular Signal Transduction in Inflammation, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology and Ghent University, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Biol Chem 276:25939-45. 2001..Here we show that the TNF-sensitizing effect of lithium chloride (LiCl) is independent of the type of cell death, either necrosis or apoptosis...
- Modulation of the development of human monocyte-derived dendritic cells by lithium chlorideKo Jiunn Liu
National Institute of Cancer Research, National Health Research Institutes, Tainan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 226:424-33. 2011..cells (DC) play a central role in regulating immune responses, this study investigated the influence of lithium chloride (LiCl) on the development and function of DC...
- C-fos expression in the rat brain following lithium chloride-induced illnessJustin St Andre
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 West Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Brain Res 1135:122-8. 2007The present study examined c-Fos expression in selected brain areas consequent to administration of lithium chloride, the typical illness-inducing agent used in laboratory studies of conditioned taste aversion...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3-β: a master regulator of toll-like receptor-mediated chronic intestinal inflammationClaudia Hofmann
Department of Internal Medicine I, Regensburg University Medical Center, Germany
Inflamm Bowel Dis 16:1850-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the role of GSK3-β activity in chronic intestinal inflammation...
- Enhancement of vinorelbine-induced cytotoxicity and apoptosis by clomipramine and lithium chloride in human neuroblastoma cancer cell line SH-SY5YAyhan Bilir
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurooncol 100:385-95. 2010The aim of this work is to investigate whether clomipramine (CIM) and lithium chloride (LiCl) potentiate the cytotoxicity of vinorelbine (VNR) on SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells in vitro and whether midkine (MK) can be a resistance ..
- Suppression of glycogen synthase kinase 3 activity reduces tumor growth of prostate cancer in vivoQing Zhu
Department of Medical Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Prostate 71:835-45. 2011..We previously reported that suppression of GSK-3 activity with lithium chloride (LiCl) or small chemical inhibitors impaired cellular DNA synthesis and reduced cell proliferation in ..
- Differential patterns of neuronal activation in the brainstem and hypothalamus following peripheral injection of GLP-1, oxyntomodulin and lithium chloride in mice detected by manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MEMRI)James R C Parkinson
Department of Investigative Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, UK
Neuroimage 44:1022-31. 2009..to peripheral injection of the anorexigenic agents glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), oxyntomodulin (OXM) and lithium chloride. Administration of both GLP-1 and OXM resulted in a significant increase in signal intensity (SI) in the area ..
- In AbetaPP-overexpressing cultured human muscle fibers proteasome inhibition enhances phosphorylation of AbetaPP751 and GSK3beta activation: effects mitigated by lithium and apparently relevant to sporadic inclusion-body myositisChiara Terracciano
Department of Neurology, USC Neuromuscular Center, University of Southern California Keck, School of Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles, California 90017, USA
J Neurochem 112:389-96. 2010..2) In biopsied s-IBM muscle fibers, GSK3beta is significantly activated and AbetaPP is phosphorylated on Thr724. Accordingly, treatment with lithium, or other GSK3beta inhibitors, might benefit s-IBM patients...
- Combination therapy with histone deacetylase inhibitors and lithium chloride: a novel treatment for carcinoid tumorsJoel T Adler
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Clinical Science Center, Madison, 53792, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:481-6. 2009..We hypothesized that lower-dose combination therapy of HDAC inhibitors and lithium chloride could achieve similar growth inhibition to that of the drugs alone...
- Lithium chloride preconditioning optimizes skeletal myoblast functions for cellular cardiomyoplasty in vitro via glycogen synthase kinase-3beta/beta-catenin signalingW J Du
Department of Cardiology, Second Clinical College, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Cells Tissues Organs 190:11-9. 2009..These findings suggest that LiCl preconditioning may be a novel strategy to optimize SkM function for cellular cardiomyoplasty in vitro...
- Lithium chloride attenuates BMP-2 signaling and inhibits osteogenic differentiation through a novel WNT/GSK3- independent mechanismJingjing Li
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Bone 48:321-31. 2011..Our work suggests the presence of a novel GSK3/WNT-independent mechanism of lithium action during the early stages of osteogenic differentiation...
- Salt tolerance and methionine biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae involve a putative phosphatase geneH U Gläser
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 12:3105-10. 1993..Accordingly, methionine supplementation improves the tolerance of yeast to NaCl and LiCl. These results demonstrate an unsuspected interplay between methionine biosynthesis and salt tolerance...
- Lithium reduces tumorigenic potential in response to EGF signaling in human colorectal cancer cellsFlavia Vidal
Divisao de Biologia Celular, Centro de Pesquisas, Instituto Nacional do Cancer, Rua André Cavalcanti 37, 5 andar, Rio de Janeiro CEP 20230 051, Brazil
Int J Oncol 38:1365-73. 2011..We used Caco-2 cells, a well-established model used to study CRC, and treatments with lithium chloride, as a modulator of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway, and with EGF as an inducer of EGFR signaling...
- Antiviral effect of diammonium glycyrrhizinate and lithium chloride on cell infection by pseudorabies herpesvirusXiuwen Sui
Department of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Northeast Agricultural University, 59 Mucai Street, Xiangfang District, 150030 Harbin, China
Antiviral Res 85:346-53. 2010..In parallel, lithium chloride (LiCl), a chemical reagent with potential antiviral activity was compared with DG for their inhibitory ..
- Phosphorylation of tau by glycogen synthase kinase 3beta in intact mammalian cells influences the stability of microtubulesH Sang
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, College of Life Science, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Neurosci Lett 312:141-4. 2001..The bundles induced by GSK-3beta phosphorylated tau were sensitive to colchicine, and could be reversed by the addition of LiCl, an inhibitor of GSK-3beta...
- Flavor aversion learning induced by lithium chloride in reptiles but not in amphibiansSebastien Paradis
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Centre de recherche sur le métabolisme énergétique CREME, Laval University, Laval, Que G1K 7P4, Canada
Behav Processes 67:11-8. 2004..After intake of the novel food, the animals received i.p. injection of either lithium chloride (LiCl), an effective illness inducer, or a saline solution...
- Lithium chloride protects retinal neurocytes from nutrient deprivation by promoting DNA non-homologous end-joiningJing Zhuang
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, 54 S Xianlie Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510060, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 380:650-4. 2009b>Lithium chloride is a therapeutic agent for treatment of bipolar affective disorders. Increasing numbers of studies have indicated that lithium has neuroprotective effects...
- Estradiol and lithium chloride specifically alter NMDA receptor subunit NR1 mRNA and excitotoxicity in primary culturesJames J Valdes
Florida International University, Department of Biological Sciences, 229 Health and Life Sciences Building, 11200 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33199, USA
Brain Res 1268:1-12. 2009..using primary cell cultures from the cortex and hippocampus of C57BL/6J fetal mice pretreated with E2, lithium chloride (LiCl) and combined E2/LiCl for 12, 24 or 48 h...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 has a limited role in cell cycle regulation of cyclin D1 levelsKe Yang
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland OH, USA
BMC Cell Biol 7:33. 2006....
- Chronic lithium chloride administration to rats decreases brain protein level of epsilon (epsilon) subunit of eukaryotic initiation factor-2BFrancesca Bosetti
Brain Physiology and Metabolism Section, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 10, Room 6N202, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neurosci Lett 327:71-3. 2002..to quantify the protein level of the catalytic epsilon (epsilon) subunit of eIF-2B in brains of rats fed lithium chloride (LiCl) for 6 weeks so as to produce a brain lithium concentration that is therapeutically effective in ..
- Lithium enhances the neuronal differentiation of neural progenitor cells in vitro and after transplantation into the avulsed ventral horn of adult rats through the secretion of brain-derived neurotrophic factorHuanxing Su
Department of Anatomy, Development and Growth, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Neurochem 108:1385-98. 2009....
- Inactivation of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta, a downstream target of the raf-1 pathway, is associated with growth suppression in medullary thyroid cancer cellsMuthusamy Kunnimalaiyaan
University of Wisconsin, H4 750 Clinical Science Center, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:1151-8. 2007..Inactivation of GSK-3beta in TT cells with well-known GSK-3beta inhibitors such as lithium chloride (LiCl) and SB216763 is associated with both growth suppression and a significant decrease in neuroendocrine ..
- Differential effects of the selective orexin-1 receptor antagonist SB-334867 and lithium chloride on the behavioural satiety sequence in ratsY Ishii
Behavioural Pharmacology Laboratory, School of Psychology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Physiol Behav 81:129-40. 2004..In this context, Experiment 1 confirmed a significant anorectic effect of 90 (but not 60) mg/kg lithium chloride (LiCl) in male rats presented with palatable mash in the home-cage environment...
- Taste aversion in rats induced by forced swimming, voluntary running, forced running, and lithium chloride injection treatmentsTakahisa Masaki
Psychology Section, Department of Integrated Psychological Science, Kwansei Gakuin University, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 662 8501, Japan
Physiol Behav 88:411-6. 2006..8 m/min), optional running in the apparatus consisting of an activity wheel and a side room (120 min), and a lithium chloride (LiCl, 0.15 M LiCl at 2% of body weight) injection...
- Lateral hypothalamic lesions impair flavour-nutrient and flavour-toxin trace learning in ratsKhalid Touzani
Department of Psychology, Brooklyn College and the Graduate School, The City University of New York, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA
Eur J Neurosci 16:2425-33. 2002..The same rats learned to avoid flavours paired with i.g. lactose or lithium chloride over short delays (15-30 min), but were impaired, relative to controls, at a long conditioned-unconditioned ..
- Differentiating human NT2/D1 neurospheres as a versatile in vitro 3D model system for developmental neurotoxicity testingE J Hill
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, UK
Toxicology 249:243-50. 2008..Acrylamide reduced neurosphere viability but did not affect neuronal protein marker expression. Overall, this NT2/D1-based neurosphere model of neurogenesis, may provide the basis for a model of developmental neurotoxicity in vitro...
- [Effects of lithium chloride on the proliferation and apoptosis of K562 leukemia cells]Hua Rong Tang
Department of Blood Physiology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Hunan Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:357-60. 2003To investigate the effects of lithium chloride on the proliferation and apoptosis of human leukemia cell line (K562).
- Biphasic dose-dependent effect of lithium chloride on survival of human hormone-dependent breast cancer cells (MCF-7)Muralidharan Suganthi
Department of Endocrinology, Dr ALM Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani Campus, Chennai, 600 113, India
Biol Trace Elem Res 150:477-86. 2012Lithium, the first element of Group I in the periodic system, is used to treat bipolar psychiatric disorders. Lithium chloride (LiCl) is a selective inhibitor of glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK-3β), a serine/threonine kinase that ..
- Central infusion of glucagon-like peptide-1-(7-36) amide (GLP-1) receptor antagonist attenuates lithium chloride-induced c-Fos induction in rat brainstemT E Thiele
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Box 351525, Seattle, WA, USA
Brain Res 801:164-70. 1998Central infusion of glucagon-like peptide-1-(7-36) amide (GLP-1) and intraperitoneal (i.p.) injection of lithium chloride (LiCl) produce similar patterns of c-Fos induction in the rat brain...
- Dendritic cells from the elderly display an intrinsic defect in the production of IL-10 in response to lithium chlorideSudhanshu Agrawal
Division of Basic and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Exp Gerontol 48:1285-92. 2013..The effect of Lithium Chloride (LiCl) was compared on the response of TLR4 agonist, LPS and TLR2 agonist, PAM3CSK4 stimulated aged and young ..
- Tol1, a fission yeast phosphomonoesterase, is an in vivo target of lithium, and its deletion leads to sulfite auxotrophyR Miyamoto
Department of Pharmacology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Bacteriol 182:3619-25. 2000....
- Lithium-induced changes in gravicurvature, statocyte ultrastructure and calcium balance of pea rootsN A Belyavskaya
Institute of Botany, Kiev, Ukraine
Adv Space Res 27:961-6. 2001..The work demonstrates the key role played by second messengers (Ca2+ and IP3) in a gravity perception and response...
- Neurite outgrowth and differentiation of rat cortex progenitor cells are sensitive to lithium chloride at non-cytotoxic exposuresKavita M Jeerage
Materials Reliability Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Boulder, CO 80305, USA
Neurotoxicology 33:1170-9. 2012..Cultures exposed to 30 mmol/L or 10 mmol/L lithium chloride (LiCl) had significantly lower metabolic activity than control cultures, as reported by adenosine ..
- Lithium chloride alleviates neurodegeneration partly by inhibiting activity of GSK3β in a SCA3 Drosophila modelDan dan Jia
Department of Neurology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Cerebellum 12:892-901. 2013..We showed that chronic treatment with lithium chloride at specific doses notably prevented eye depigmentation, alleviated locomotor disability, and extended the ..
- Lithium chloride promotes host resistance against Pseudomonas aeruginosa keratitisKang Chen
Department of Immunology, Institute of Human Virology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Vis 19:1502-14. 2013To explore the role of lithium chloride (LiCl) in Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) keratitis.
- Chemical modification of silk sericin in lithium chloride/dimethyl sulfoxide solvent with 4-cyanophenyl isocyanateHidetoshi Teramoto
New Silk Materials Laboratory, Insect Biotechnology and Sericology Department, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, 1 4 8 Gohda, Okaya, Nagano 394 0021, Japan
Biomacromolecules 5:1392-8. 2004..These results demonstrate that chemical modification of sericin using LiCl/DMSO solvent markedly alters its characteristics...
- Effect of lithium chloride and antineoplastic drugs on survival and cell cycle of androgen-dependent prostate cancer LNCap cellsVajihe Azimian-Zavareh
Department of Animal Biology, Developmental Biology Lab, School of Biology, University College of Science, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Indian J Pharmacol 44:714-21. 2012..This study sought to determine the usefulness of lithium chloride (LiCl) as a highly selective inhibitor of GSK-3β to increase the sensitivity of LNCap cells to doxorubicin (..
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase in the amygdala plays a critical role in lithium chloride-induced taste aversion learningBumsup Kwon
Department of Biological Science, Program in Neuroscience, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4295, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 97:132-9. 2012..However, the functional role of MAPK activation in the amygdala during lithium chloride (LiCl)-induced CTA learning has not been established...
- Pharmacokinetics and toxic effects of lithium chloride after intravenous adminstration in conscious horsesC L Hatfield
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada
Am J Vet Res 62:1387-92. 2001OBJECTIVE: To determine the pharmacokinetics and toxic effects associated with IV administration of lithium chloride (LiCl) to conscious healthy horses. ANIMALS: 6 healthy Standardbred horses. PROCEDURE: Twenty 3-mmol boluses of LiCl (0...
- Flavour exposures after conditioned aversion or preference trigger different brain processes in anaesthetised pigsA Gaultier
INRA, UMR1079 SENAH, 35590 Saint Gilles, France
Eur J Neurosci 34:1500-11. 2011..This study reveals the unconscious cognitive dimension evoked by food flavours according to the individual experience, and highlights the importance of the food sensory image on hedonism and anticipatory eating behaviour...
- Genetic analysis of salt tolerance in arabidopsis. Evidence for a critical role of potassium nutritionJ K Zhu
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Plant Cell 10:1181-91. 1998....
- Chronic lithium chloride administration to rats elevates glucose metabolism in wide areas of brain, while potentiating negative effects on metabolism of dopamine D2-like receptor stimulationMireille Basselin
Brain Physiology and Metabolism Section, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 9, Room 1S126, 9 Memorial Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 0947, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 187:303-11. 2006..Knowing these effects may elucidate and localize the therapeutic action of lithium in bipolar disorder...
- Lateral parabrachial lesions impair lithium chloride-induced aversive responses but not saccharin-induced flavor preferenceMontserrat Navarro
Departamento de Neurociencia y Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Almeria, 04120 Almeria, Spain
Brain Res 990:195-202. 2003..The main objective in the present study was to further evaluate the functional role of the lPB in lithium chloride-induced behavioral/physiological responses...
- Lithium chloride and inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase 3β as a potential therapy for serous ovarian cancerAkiva P Novetsky
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine and Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:361-6. 2013b>Lithium chloride (LiCl) has been shown to demonstrate anticancer properties at supratherapeutic doses...
- The role of contextual conditioning in the effect of reinforcer devaluation on instrumental performance by ratsSietse Jonkman
Behavioural and Clinical Neuroscience Institute and Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Downing Site, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Behav Processes 83:276-81. 2010....
- Lithium chloride inhibits development along the animal vegetal axis and anterior midline of the squid embryoK Crawford
St Mary s College of Maryland, MD, USA
Biol Bull 205:181-2. 2003
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 has a proapoptotic function in Hydra gametogenesisFabian Rentzsch
Institute of Zoology, University of Darmstadt, Germany
Dev Biol 278:1-12. 2005..Our experiments show that main functions of GSK3 are evolutionarily conserved and unique to multicellular animals, a conclusion which is additionally supported by the presence of specific regulatory domains in the HyGSK3 protein...
- Inhibition of 20 S and 26 S proteasome activity by lithium chloride: impact on the differentiation of leukemia cells by all-trans retinoic acidA M Rice
Department of Pharmacology and Developmental Therapeutics Program, Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 276:42722-7. 2001....
- Lithium chloride and staurosporine potentiate the accumulation of phosphorylated glycogen synthase kinase 3β/Tyr216, resulting in glycogen synthase kinase 3β activation in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cell linesAnastasia Noël
GReViC EA3808, PBS, bat IBMIG, Poitiers, France
J Neurosci Res 89:755-63. 2011..b>Lithium chloride (LiCl) is usually described to increase pGSK3βSer9 through the PI3K/Akt pathway, resulting in GSK3β ..
- Combination of all-trans retinoic acid and lithium chloride surmounts a retinoid differentiation block induced by expression of Scl and Rbtn2 transcription factors in myeloid leukemia cellsAnna M Rice
Department of Pharmacology and Developmental Therapeutics Program, Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Leuk Res 28:399-403. 2004..These findings suggest that if Scl and/or Rbtn2 are involved in the non-responsiveness of AML patients to ATRA-induced differentiation, addition of LiCl may reverse insensitivity...
- Impaired conditioned taste aversion learning in spinophilin knockout miceC A Stafstrom-Davis
Program in Neuroscience, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306 4340 USA
Learn Mem 8:272-8. 2001..g., a sucrose solution paired with a malaise-inducing injection of lithium chloride)...
- Lithium inhibits invasion of glioma cells; possible involvement of glycogen synthase kinase-3Michal O Nowicki
Dardinger Laboratory for Neuro oncology and Neurosciences, Department of Neurological Surgery, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Neuro Oncol 10:690-9. 2008..These data outline previously unidentified pathways and inhibitors that may be useful for the development of novel anti-invasive therapeutics for the treatment of brain tumors...
- Lithium chloride, administered chronically to rats, does not affect the fractional phosphorylation of brain cytosolic phospholipase A2, while reducing its net protein levelGayani R Weerasinghe
Brain Physiology and Metabolism Section, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res Bull 59:303-6. 2003..Male Fischer-344 rats were fed lithium chloride for 6 weeks, so as to produce a therapeutically equivalent brain lithium concentration; control rats were fed ..
- Abstinence-dependent transfer of lithium chloride-induced sucrose aversion to a sucrose-paired cue in ratsJohn H Harkness
Department of Psychology and Program in Behavioral Neuroscience, Western Washington University, 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225 9172, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 208:521-30. 2010..If the incentive value of a cue depends on the incentive value of the primary reward, devaluing the primary reward should reduce cue reactivity...
- Deregulation of Tpl2 and NF-kappaB signaling and induction of macrophage apoptosis by the anti-depressant drug lithiumMinying Zhang
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 7455 Fannin Street, BOX 902, Houston TX 77030, United States
Cell Signal 21:559-66. 2009..Consequently, lithium both attenuates LPS-mediated pro-inflammatory gene induction and induces apoptosis in macrophages. These results provide novel insight into the anti-inflammatory function of lithium...
- Additive anticonvulsant effects of agmatine and lithium chloride on pentylenetetrazole-induced clonic seizure in mice: involvement of α₂-adrenoceptorArash Bahremand
Tehran University of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Iran
Eur J Pharmacol 666:93-9. 2011..In our study, acute administration of a single effective dose of lithium chloride (30 mg/kg, i.p.) increased the seizure threshold...
- Inhibition of protein phosphatase 2A overrides tau protein kinase I/glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta and cyclin-dependent kinase 5 inhibition and results in tau hyperphosphorylation in the hippocampus of starved mouseE Planel
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, 11 Minamiooya, Machida, Tokyo 194-8511, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:34298-306. 2001....
- Involvement of nitric oxide-cGMP pathway in the anticonvulsant effects of lithium chloride on PTZ-induced seizure in miceArash Bahremand
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, P O Box 13145 784, Tehran, Iran
Epilepsy Res 89:295-302. 2010..Injection of a single effective dose of lithium chloride (25 mg/kg) intraperitoneally (i.p.) increased significantly the seizure threshold (P<0.01)...
- Comparative analysis of the effect of glycyrrhizin diammonium and lithium chloride on infectious bronchitis virus infection in vitroJing Li
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, China
Avian Pathol 38:215-21. 2009The effects of glycyrrhizin diammonium (GD) and lithium chloride (LiCl) on cell infection by avian infectious bronchitis virus (IBV) were investigated using cytopathic effect observation, plaque-reduction assay and reverse transcriptase-..
- Action mechanisms of lithium chloride on cell infection by transmissible gastroenteritis coronavirusXiaofeng Ren
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, China
PLoS ONE 6:e18669. 2011Transmissible gastroenteritis virus (TGEV) is a porcine coronavirus. Lithium chloride (LiCl) has been found to be effective against several DNA viruses, such as Herpes simplex virus and vaccinia virus...
- c-Fos induction in the rat nucleus of the solitary tract by intraoral quinine infusion depends on prior contingent pairing of quinine and lithium chlorideT A Houpt
E W Bourne Behavioral Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Cornell University Medical College, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Physiol Behav 60:1535-41. 1996..prior to conditioning, 2. after 3 noncontingent (unpaired) infusions of quinine and toxic lithium chloride (LiCl) injections, 3. after conditioning with 3 contingent pairings of quinine and LiCl, and 4...
- Accumulation of β-catenin by lithium chloride in porcine myoblast cultures accelerates cell differentiationYingjuan Yang
Department of Animal Science and Technology, Laboratory of Animal Fat Deposition and Muscle Development, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, 22 Xinong Road, Yangling, Shaanxi Province 712100, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 38:2043-9. 2011..b>Lithium chloride (LiCl) is known to activate canonical Wnt signaling by inhibiting glycogen synthetase kinase-3β and ..
- Lithium chloride regulates connexin43 in skeletal myoblasts in vitro: possible involvement in Wnt/beta-catenin signalingW J Du
Department of Cardiology, The Second Clinical College of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Cell Commun Adhes 15:261-71. 2008..Here, the aim was to study whether lithium chloride (LiCl) could regulate Cx43 expression and gap junction channel function by mimicking the Wnt/beta-catenin ..
- IGF-I activates the mouse type IIb myosin heavy chain geneR Andrew Shanely
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C1019-27. 2009..In summary, IGF-I stimulation of C2C12 myotubes increases mouse type IIb MyHC promoter activity, likely through signaling of PI3K, GSK-3beta, beta-catenin, and a Tcf/Lef binding site at -1,206 to -1,201 bp in the promoter...
- Strain differences in lithium attenuation of d-amphetamine-induced hyperlocomotion: a mouse model for the genetics of clinical response to lithiumTodd D Gould
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, HHS, Bethesda, MD 20892 3711, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1321-33. 2007....
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta inhibitors prevent cellular polyglutamine toxicity caused by the Huntington's disease mutationJenny Carmichael
Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Wellcome Trust Medical Research Council Building, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
J Biol Chem 277:33791-8. 2002..Since LiCl can protect against polyglutamine toxicity in cell lines, it is an excellent candidate for further in vivo therapeutic trials...
- Nuclear beta-catenin is required to specify vegetal cell fates in the sea urchin embryoC Y Logan
Developmental, Cellular and Molecular Biology Group and the Department of Zoology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Development 126:345-57. 1999....
- Oligoribonuclease is a common downstream target of lithium-induced pAp accumulation in Escherichia coli and human cellsUndine Mechold
Institut Pasteur, URA 2171, Unité de Génétique des Génomes Bactériens, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Nucleic Acids Res 34:2364-73. 2006..Our findings point to remarkable conservation of the connection between sulfur- and RNA metabolism between E.coli and humans...
- CCR7-dependent stimulation of survival in dendritic cells involves inhibition of GSK3betaCristina Escribano
Department of Immunology, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
J Immunol 183:6282-95. 2009..They also suggest that upon stimulation of CCR7, Akt-mediated phosphorylation/inhibition of GSK3beta may be required to allow complete translocations of FOXO and NF-kappaB that confer DCs an extended survival...
- Functional interaction between beta-catenin and FOXO in oxidative stress signalingMarieke A G Essers
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Center for Biomedical Genetics, University Medical Center, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, Netherlands
Science 308:1181-4. 2005..These results demonstrate a role for beta-catenin in regulating FOXO function that is particularly important under conditions of oxidative stress...
- Lithium chloride reinforces the regeneration-promoting effect of chondroitinase ABC on rubrospinal neurons after spinal cord injuryLeung Wah Yick
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Neurotrauma 21:932-43. 2004..The effect of a GSK-3beta inhibitor, lithium chloride (LiCl), on the regeneration of axotomized RST neurons was also assessed...
- In vitro effects of lithium chloride on TNF alpha and IL-6 production by monocytes from breast cancer patientsA Arena
Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Messina, Italy
J Chemother 9:219-26. 1997It is well known that lithium chloride (LiCl) is able to trigger human monocytes to release tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha)...
- Lithium induces mortality in medulloblastoma cell linesAlice Ronchi
Clinical Department of Radiological and Histopathological Sciences, University of Bologna Alma Mater Studiorum, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Int J Oncol 37:745-52. 2010..In conclusion, lithium could be a promising drug in MB, but an accurate molecular profile predictive of drug response still needs to be clarified...
- Inhibition of growth in medullary thyroid cancer cells with histone deacetylase inhibitors and lithium chlorideJoel T Adler
Endocrine Surgery Research Laboratories, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Surg Res 159:640-4. 2010..valproic acid (VPA) and suberoyl bis-hydroxamic acid (SBHA) activate the Notch1 signaling pathway, while lithium chloride inhibits the glycogen synthase kinase-3ss (GSK-3ss) pathway...
- Lithium chloride inhibits the coronavirus infectious bronchitis virus in cell cultureSally M Harrison
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Avian Pathol 36:109-14. 2007..Effective antiviral agents may therefore be advantageous in the treatment of IBV. Lithium chloride (LiCl) is a potent inhibitor of the DNA virus herpes simplex virus but not RNA viruses...
- Neural basis of learned food aversion and nauseaCHARLES HORN; Fiscal Year: 2009..this issue experiments will be conducted to examine the effects of cisplatin (a chemotherapy agent) and lithium chloride (LiCI) (treatments that produce nausea in humans) on visceral afferent nerve activity and brain and spinal ..
- GSK3-beta Signaling in Medullary Thyroid CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..an increase in phosphorylated, inactive GSK3B, and that treatment of MTC cells with GSK3B inhibitors, such as lithium chloride and SB216763, can recapitulate the effects of raf-1...
- Central Viscerosensory Circuits - Structure and FunctionLINDA M RINAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..examine NA axonal collateralization and ascending pathway recruitment by a malaise- inducing agent, lithium chloride (LiCl)...
- Importance of Beta-Catenin Signaling in Osteocytes Associated with Anabolic LoadShiva P Kotha; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this application, we evaluate the dosage of a pharmacological agent (lithium chloride) that can synergize with mechanical loading to activate a powerful pathway (the Wnt/b-catenin signaling) in ..
- Molecular Mechanisms Mediating Recovery after SCI-Induced Hemidiaphragmatic ParalKWAKU DANIEL NANTWI; Fiscal Year: 2010..trigger (primo movens) for functional recovery in the HC2 model and (2) that inhibition of GSK-3b with lithium chloride, an antidepressant medication can induce functional recovery in the HC2 model via BDNF expression and feed-..
- Neural Mechanisms fo Extinction and Spontaneous RecoveryG Mickley; Fiscal Year: 2009..p. injection of Lithium Chloride (LiCI;US) and then administer EXT trials using 2 different methods...
- CENTRAL HYPERALGESIA SYSTEMS AND ANALGESIC EFFICACYERIC WIERTELAK; Fiscal Year: 1999..An aversive internal state is produced through intraperitoneal (IP) injection of lithium chloride (LiCl) or lipopolysaccharides (Endotoxin), which induce a potent cutaneous hyperalgesia as measured by the ..
- Drugs of Abuse, Gender Differences, and Protection by SweetsAngie Cason; Fiscal Year: 2010..drugs of abuse were producing a conditioned taste aversion, similar to that induced by the aversive agent, lithium chloride. More recent evidence, however, suggests that the supressive effects of drugs of abuse are caused by ..
- Neural Substrates of Drug-Induced Reward DevaluationANNE BALDWIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..believed that drugs of abuse were actually producing a conditioned taste aversion, similar to that induced by lithium chloride. However there is substantial evidence to suggest that the suppressive effects of drugs of abuse are actually ..
- GUSTATORY AVERSIONS AND THE PARABRACHIAL NUCLEUSSTEPHEN REILLY; Fiscal Year: 1999..He has also provided data that PBNx rats can discriminate tastants, and that they experience the acute toxic effects of lithium chloride.
- INFORMATIONAL FACTORS IN LEARNING ABOUT EDIBLESMichael Best; Fiscal Year: 1980..One focuses on the deleterious effects on taste-aversion learning of presenting the aversion-inducing agent (lithium chloride in most of the experiments) shortly (30-90 min.) before a taste-toxicosis conditioning trial...
- DRUGS OF ABUSE, REWARD COMPARISON, AND THE THALAMUSPatricia Sue Grigson; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., cocaine and heroin);and (c) Reveal that the nucleus accumbens depends upon an intact thalamocoritical loop to track cocaine's devaluation of a sweet. ..
- The Delayed Effects of Phencyclidine: MechanismsSarah Turgeon; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments will begin to identify the mechanisms by which PCP produces schizophrenia-like behaviors in animals, providing insight into potential pathophysiologies underlying schizophrenia in humans. ..
- BRAIN GALANIN RECEPTORS AND EPILEPSYAndrey Mazarati; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Physiology and genetics of food procurement in rodentsNeil Rowland; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed studies will be the first to address the issue of behavioral change induced by anorectics under such conditions of simulated economic costs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cue dependency with intravenous nutrients and nicotineNeil Rowland; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may help to develop ways in conditioned preferences can be manipulated to prevent or treat certain addictive disorders, including overeating. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GUSTATORY THALAMUS AND TASTE GUIDED BEHAVIORSTEPHEN REILLY; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of the research proposed in this application will significantly enhance our understanding of the information processing role(s) of the thalamic taste area of the rat. ..
- PERIPHERAL GUSTATORY PROCESSINGMARION ELIZABETH FRANK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Also, elimination of taste disorders would improve the quality of life that depends on enjoyment of food and drink, a universal human need contributing much to human sociality. ..
- Human Salty and Bitter Taste MechanismsMARION FRANK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Greater understanding of gustatory perceptual processing in humans may lead to better management of taste disorders such as distressful salty-bitter dysgeusias and excessive salt intake. ..
- Brain Fatty Acid Composition and PKC ActivityRobert McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed experiments are innovative and exploratory in that the effect of altered DHA concentrations on PKC and dopamine D2 receptor expression have not been systematically examined in brain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Taste Quality Coding Of SaltsSTEVEN ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Controlled Study of SAMe vs.Escitalopram in Major Depressive DisorderMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2008..Secondary aims are to assess the acute effects of SAMe or escitalopram vs. placebo on remission rates, quality of life, and psychosocial functioning. ..
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid Deficient Rat Model of SchizophreniaRobert McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Cyclooxygenase stimulated Neovascularization in Diabetic NephropathyChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2008..Pozzi's expertise in angiogenesis and Dr. Breyer's expertise in mouse models of diabetic nephropathy, and draws on their common interest in the prostanoid pathway in cell differentiation and survival. ..
- Rapid DA-Acb signaling in ingestive behaviorsMITCHELL ROITMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will establish the range of natural stimuli that promote rapid DA-Acb signaling - setting the foundation for examining aberrant signaling underlying drug addiction. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Renal Medullary COX2 in Blood Pressure RegulationChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim III: To define the down-stream target of activated renal medullary COX2 expression. ..
- Neuroscience Center for Biomedical Research ExcellenceFrancis W Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- tPA plus MMP inhibition for combination stroke therapyEng H Lo; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- LIPID METABOLISM IN FAT CELLSWen Guo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, these studies will provide new insights into the stress-induced regulation of lipogenesis in adipocytes, a potentially important avenue for modulating energy balance. ..
- CD47 as a neurovascular target for stroke therapyEng H Lo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Proof-of-concept data collected here may lead to the development of CD47 as a novel neurovascular target for stroke therapy. ..
- Neuropharmacology of Learned Food PreferencesAnthony Sclafani; Fiscal Year: 2009..It will advance our understanding of the basic mechanisms involved in the development of food preferences and may provide insights into the clinical treatment of overeating and obesity. ..
- BIPOLAR DISORDER IN LATE LIFEJohn Beyer; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research is unique and is likely to enhance our understanding of the phenomenology, course, outcome and relationship of MRI changes to the pathophysiology of bipolar disorder in late life. ..
- Is ethanol rewarding or aversive?Chuang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Glucogen Synthase Kinase 3beta and Bipolar DisorderXiaohua Li; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MOLECULAR PHARMACOLOGY OF VOLTAGE SENSITIVE NA CHANNELSEdward Moczydlowski; Fiscal Year: 2001..These biophysical studies will allow us deduce the functional contribution of key residues that determine ionic selectivity and unitary conductance of the NaV channel pore. ..
- White Matter Abnormalities in Bipolar AdolescentsVivian Kafantaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recruitment for this proposed study will be facilitated by the PI's ongoing NIMH-funded longitudinal treatment study of bipolar adolescents. ..
- Interstitial Cell COXs in Renal Development and DiseaseChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATORS OF CHONDROINDUCTION BY DBPKaren Yates; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will determine which DBP-regulated transcription factors are necessary and/or sufficient for postnatal chondrogenesis. This proposed work would have a high impact of design of strategies for repair and/or regeneration of cartilage. ..
- Murine Model of Marijuana-Induced Executive DysfunctionRUTH COLWILL; Fiscal Year: 2003..Changes in endocannabinoid levels: -Measurements of anandamide and 2-arachidonylglycerol in dissected brain regions using liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS). ..
- SEX STEROID REGULATION OF IGF-I EXPRESSION IN BONEThomas McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2003..Bone mass studies will be conducted using peripheral quantitative computer tomography, and will be correlated with basal and activated skeletal IGF-I expression. ..
- BUPROPION AS AN ADJUNCT TO THE NICOTINE PATCH PLUS CBTMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ECT IN CLOZAPINE REFRACTORY SCHIZOPHRENIAGeorgios Petrides; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the study will guide clinicians faced with the problem of how to treat patients who have not been helped by standard antipsychotic medications and do not show an adequate response to clozapine. ..
- EXTINCTION AND RECOVERY OF CONDITIONED AVERSIONSTodd Schachtman; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Regulation of GSK3beta by Mood StabilizersXiaohua Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data obtained from this proposal will be used to support a future R01 grant application to achieve our long-term goal of understanding the pathophysiology and improving the treatment of bipolar disorder. ..
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTGeorgios Petrides; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will promote more effective and safer treatment of the most severely ill depressed patients. ..
- MECHANISMS OF HEMORRHAGE AND EDEMA IN TPA STROKE THERAPYENG LO; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal should fit the goals of the Stroke PRG because it examines novel mechanisms that link tPA, cell signaling, MMPs, and hemorrhagic transformation in the neurovascular unit. ..
- Society for the Stimulus Properties of Drugs SatelliteEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2005..The SSPD Satellite to the EBPS 2005 Conference promises to coordinate, exchange, and disseminate information to further our understanding of drug abuse. ..
- Stepped Pharmacotherapy for Aggressive Youth with ADHDJOSEPH BLADER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed program will therefore culminate in the awardee's competence as a well-rounded clinical scientist focused on the complex treatment needs of youth with severe behavior disorders. ..
- SCHIFF BASE SYNTHONS IN AMINO ACID CHEMISTRYMARTIN O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..A key point of focus in this research will be to continue to develop practical and easy-to-use methods that can lead to potential drugs. ..
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND SALT APPETITEFRANCIS FLYNN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful completion of the proposed work will expand the knowledge base on brain mechanisms controlling bodily fluid homeostasis. ..
- WNT PROTEINS IN ADULT, AGED AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEKaren Yates; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will also provide a solid foundation for future research on Wnts in cartilage biology. ..
- Role of amygdala systems in associative learningPeter Holland; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Associatively-activated event representationsPeter Holland; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed research provides a basis for the understanding of basic processing of imaginal events in associative learning. ..
- BRAIN CELL APOPTOSIS AFTER INTRACEREBRAL HEMORRHAGEENG LO; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results may be used to improve the clinical management and treatment of intracerebral hemorrhage. ..
- Development of viscerosensory neural inputs in rat brainThomas Koehnle; Fiscal Year: 2006..The experimental outcomes will significantly enhance our understanding of how these pathways mature, and how they operate in health and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF CONDITIONED TASTE AVERSIONTHOMAS HOUPT; Fiscal Year: 2004..correlate of the expression of a CTA previously acquired by pairing intraoral infusions of sucrose with lithium chloride. We hypothesize that cFos expression reveals functionally important brain sites mediating CTA, and that the ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 mediated cell death in strokeENG LO; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our lab and others have established MMP-9 as a key extracellular protease that modifies neurovascular homeostasis. These proposed studies should help reveal the mechanisms of MMP-9 mediated cell death in stroke. ..
- Reward comparison, drugs of abuse & the gustatory cortexRASTAFA GEDDES; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, Specific Aim III will determine whether an intact gustatory cortex is essential for retention of a preoperatively acquired association between the saccharin CS and the drug. ..
- MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE AND APOPTOSIS IN BRAIN TRAUMAENG LO; Fiscal Year: 2004..To date, there are not effective treatments for traumatic brain injury. Results from these proposed experiments will help identify MMP and upstream MAP kinase pathways as viable therapeutic targets for this devastating condition. ..
- US Specific and General Processes in Pavlovian LearningANDREW DELAMATER; Fiscal Year: 2006..More globally, it is hoped that these studies will provide a much firmer basis upon which to think about the cognitive and motivational foundations of learning. ..
- GSK3: Neural Modulators and Mood DisordersXiaohua Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research is expected to provide significant new insight into the pathophysiology and the treatment of mood disorders. ..
- Epileptogenicity in the Developing BrainRaman Sankar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our findings will provide the basis for future neuroprotective interventions targeting the developing brain at different stages of status epilepticus in order to interrupt the course of the epileptogenic process. ..