Genomes and Genes
Summary: Unstable isotopes of fluorine that decay or disintegrate emitting radiation. F atoms with atomic weights 17, 18, and 20-22 are radioactive fluorine isotopes.
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Imaging proliferation in vivo with [F-18]FLT and positron emission tomographyA F Shields
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, MI 48301, USA
Nat Med 4:1334-6. 1998....
- Validation of FLT uptake as a measure of thymidine kinase-1 activity in A549 carcinoma cellsJanet S Rasey
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Nucl Med 43:1210-7. 2002..We tested the accuracy with which FLT uptake predicted the activity of cytosolic thymidine kinase-1 (TK(1)), an enzyme that is upregulated before and during DNA synthesis...
- A novel method of 18F radiolabeling for PETWilliam J McBride
Immunomedics, Inc, 300 American Way, Morris Plains, NJ 07950, USA
J Nucl Med 50:991-8. 2009..We report a facile method wherein (18)F is first attached to aluminum as Al(18)F, which is then bound to a chelate attached to a peptide, forming a stable Al(18)F-chelate-peptide complex in an efficient 1-pot process...
- Skeletal PET with 18F-fluoride: applying new technology to an old tracerFrederick D Grant
Division of Nuclear Medicine PET, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Nucl Med 49:68-78. 2008..The favorable imaging performance and the clinical utility of (18)F-fluoride PET, compared with (99m)Tc-diphosphonate scintigraphy, support the reconsideration of (18)F-fluoride as a routine bone-imaging agent...
- 3'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine as a new marker for monitoring tumor response to antiproliferative therapy in vivo with positron emission tomographyHenryk Barthel
Cancer Research United Kingdom PET Oncology Group, Department of Cancer Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 63:3791-8. 2003..The decrease in [(18)F]FLT uptake after 5-FU was more pronounced than that of [(18)F]FDG. [(18)F]FLT is, therefore, a promising marker for monitoring antiproliferative drug activity in oncology that warrants additional testing...
- Molecular mechanisms of bone 18F-NaF depositionJohannes Czernin
Ahmanson Biological Imaging Division, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1782, USA
J Nucl Med 51:1826-9. 2010....
- New lyophilized kit for rapid radiofluorination of peptidesWilliam J McBride
Immunomedics, Inc, Morris Plains, New Jersey, USA
Bioconjug Chem 23:538-47. 2012....
- Quantification of skeletal kinetic indices in Paget's disease using dynamic 18F-fluoride positron emission tomographyG J R Cook
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Bone Miner Res 17:854-9. 2002....
- A fluoride-derived electrophilic late-stage fluorination reagent for PET imagingEunsung Lee
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Science 334:639-42. 2011..Late-stage fluorination enables the synthesis of conventionally unavailable positron emission tomography (PET) tracers for anticipated applications in pharmaceutical development as well as preclinical and clinical PET imaging...
- Inorganic approaches for radiolabelling biomolecules with fluorine-18 for imaging with positron emission tomographyGareth E Smith
King s College London, Division of Imaging Sciences, St Thomas Hospital, 4th Floor Lambeth Wing, London, UK SE1 7EH
Dalton Trans 40:6196-205. 2011..The promise already shown by these early studies heralds a new branch of bioconjugate radiochemistry involving a wider range of "fluoridephilic" elements for synthesis of PET molecular imaging agents...
- Reduced PBR/TSPO expression after minocycline treatment in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemia: a PET study using [(18)F]DPA-714Abraham Martin
CEA, DSV, I BM, SHFJ, Laboratoire Imagerie Moléculaire Expérimentale, INSERM U803, 4 Place Géneral Leclerc, 91406 Orsay Cedex, France
Mol Imaging Biol 13:10-5. 2011..This overexpression can be imaged with positron emission tomography (PET) using PBR/TSPO-selective radioligands such as [(18)F]DPA-714...
- 18F-FEAC and 18F-FEDAC: PET of the monkey brain and imaging of translocator protein (18 kDa) in the infarcted rat brainJoji Yui
Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
J Nucl Med 51:1301-9. 2010....
- Fast 18F labeling of a near-infrared fluorophore enables positron emission tomography and optical imaging of sentinel lymph nodesRichard Ting
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Bioconjug Chem 21:1811-9. 2010..Facile incorporation of (18)F into a NIRF probe should promote many synergistic PET and NIRF combinations...
- In vivo imaging of neuroinflammation: a comparative study between [(18)F]PBR111, [ (11)C]CLINME and [ (11)C]PK11195 in an acute rodent modelNadja Van Camp
CEA, I2BM, SHFJ, Laboratoire d Imagerie Moléculaire Expérimentale LIME, 4 place Leclerc, 91400 Orsay, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:962-72. 2010....
- The predictive value of preoperative fluorine-18-L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography-computed tomography scans in children with congenital hyperinsulinism of infancyAugusto Zani
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London, United Kingdom
J Pediatr Surg 46:204-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of this technique in discriminating between diffuse and focal CHI and the anatomical localization of focal lesions...
- Evaluation of [18F]-tetrafluoroborate as a potential PET imaging agent for the human sodium/iodide symporter in a new colon carcinoma cell line, HCT116, expressing hNISAmanda J Weeks
Division of Imaging Sciences, King s College London, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Nucl Med Commun 32:98-105. 2011..There is no readily available positron emission tomography (PET) tracer for hNIS. Our aim was to develop a colon carcinoma cell line stably expressing hNIS, and use it to evaluate a novel hNIS PET tracer, [18F]-tetrafluoroborate...
- Synthesis, 18F-labeling, and in vitro and in vivo studies of bombesin peptides modified with silicon-based building blocksAileen Höhne
Center for Radiopharmaceutical Science of ETH, PSI and USZ, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Bioconjug Chem 19:1871-9. 2008..c. a. radiolabeling method for the synthesis of new 18F-labeled bombesin derivatives. This innovative approach represents a general, straightforward access to radiolabeled peptides as PET imaging probes...
- Comparison of [18 F]fluorocholine and [18 F]fluorodeoxyglucose for positron emission tomography of androgen dependent and androgen independent prostate cancerDavid T Price
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Urol 168:273-80. 2002..We evaluated the novel choline analog [18F]fluorocholine (FCH) for detecting androgen dependent and androgen independent prostate cancer, and its metastases...
- Noninvasive diagnosis of focal hyperinsulinism of infancy with [18F]-DOPA positron emission tomographyTimo Otonkoski
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, and Program of Developmental and Reproductive Biology, Biomedicum Helsinki, Room C503b, PO Box 63, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes 55:13-8. 2006..In conclusion, [(18)F]-DOPA PET is a promising noninvasive method for the identification and localization of the focal form of CHI...
- Evaluation of the PBR/TSPO radioligand [(18)F]DPA-714 in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemiaAbraham Martin
INSERM U803, Orsay, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:230-41. 2010..These results show that [(18)F]DPA-714 provides accurate quantitative information of the time course of PBR/TSPO expression in experimental stroke...
- The detection of bone metastases in patients with high-risk prostate cancer: 99mTc-MDP Planar bone scintigraphy, single- and multi-field-of-view SPECT, 18F-fluoride PET, and 18F-fluoride PET/CTEinat Even-Sapir
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Nucl Med 47:287-97. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the detection of bone metastases by 99mTc-methylene diphosphonate (99mTc-MDP) planar bone scintigraphy (BS), SPECT, 18F-Fluoride PET, and 18F-Fluoride PET/CT in patients with high-risk prostate cancer...
- Comparative evaluation of the translocator protein radioligands 11C-DPA-713, 18F-DPA-714, and 11C-PK11195 in a rat model of acute neuroinflammationFabien Chauveau
CEA, DSV, I2BM, LIME, Orsay, France
J Nucl Med 50:468-76. 2009....
- A novel facile method of labeling octreotide with (18)F-fluorinePeter Laverman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 51:454-61. 2010..The method is characterized by the labeling of NOTA-octreotide (NOTA-d-Phe-cyclo[Cys-Phe-d-Trp-Lys-Thr-Cys]-Throl (MH(+) 1305) [IMP466]) with (18)F...
- DPA-714, a new translocator protein-specific ligand: synthesis, radiofluorination, and pharmacologic characterizationMichelle L James
Department of Pharmacology, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Nucl Med 49:814-22. 2008..Radioligands for the TSPO can therefore measure active disease in the brain. This article details the synthesis, radiofluorination, and pharmacologic evaluation of a new TSPO-specific pyrazolopyrimidine, DPA-714...
- [11C]-DPA-713 and [18F]-DPA-714 as new PET tracers for TSPO: a comparison with [11C]-(R)-PK11195 in a rat model of herpes encephalitisJanine Doorduin
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Imaging Biol 11:386-98. 2009..In this study, we evaluated the PET tracers [(11)C]-DPA-713 and [(18)F]-DPA-714 as agents for imaging of activated microglia in a rat model of herpes encephalitis...
- [18F]Fluorothymidine positron emission tomography before and 7 days after gefitinib treatment predicts response in patients with advanced adenocarcinoma of the lungHee Jung Sohn
Division of Oncology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Clin Cancer Res 14:7423-9. 2008..To evaluate the usefulness of 3'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine (FLT)-positron emission tomography (PET) for predicting response and patient outcome of gefitinib therapy in patients with adenocarcinoma of the lung...
- Improved 18F labeling of peptides with a fluoride-aluminum-chelate complexWilliam J McBride
Immunomedics, Inc, Morris Plains, New Jersey 07950, USA
Bioconjug Chem 21:1331-40. 2010..The IMP467 peptide could be labeled up to 115 GBq/micromol (3100 Ci/mmol), with a total reaction and purification time of 30 min without chromatographic purification...
- Fast and high-yield microreactor syntheses of ortho-substituted [(18)F]fluoroarenes from reactions of [(18)F]fluoride ion with diaryliodonium saltsJoong Hyun Chun
PET Radiopharmaceutical Sciences Section, Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Rm B3 C346A, Building 10, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1003, USA
J Org Chem 75:3332-8. 2010..These results will aid in the design of diaryliodonium salt precursors to (18)F-labeled tracers for molecular imaging...
- Differential effects of teriparatide on regional bone formation using (18)F-fluoride positron emission tomographyMichelle L Frost
Osteoporosis Research Unit, Division of Imaging Sciences, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London, UK
J Bone Miner Res 26:1002-11. 2011..We conclude that the changes in bone formation rate during teriparatide treatment as measured by (18)F(-) PET differ at different skeletal sites, with larger increases in cortical bone than at trabecular sites...
- Congenital hyperinsulinism: pancreatic [18F]fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) positron emission tomography and immunohistochemistry study of DOPA decarboxylase and insulin secretionPascale de Lonlay
Departement de Pediatrie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:933-40. 2006..Preoperative differential diagnosis was based on pancreatic venous sampling, a technically demanding technique...
- Effects of alendronate on bone metabolism in glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis measured by 18F-fluoride PET: a prospective studyKenzo Uchida
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
J Nucl Med 50:1808-14. 2009....
- Whole-body 18F dopa PET for detection of gastrointestinal carcinoid tumorsS Hoegerle
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Albert-Ludwigs University, Hugstetterstrasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Radiology 220:373-80. 2001..CONCLUSION: 18F dopa PET is a promising procedure and useful supplement to morphologic methods in diagnostic imaging of gastrointestinal carcinoid tumors...
- Protein labeling with the labeling precursor [(18)F]SiFA-SH for positron emission tomographyBjörn Wängler
Molecular Imaging and Radiochemistry, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Department of Clinical Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
Nat Protoc 7:1964-9. 2012..Not more than two maleimide groups are introduced using sulfo-SMCC, thereby keeping the modification of the protein low and preserving its biological activity...
- The translocator protein ligand [¹⁸F]DPA-714 images glioma and activated microglia in vivoAlexandra Winkeler
INSERM, U1023, Laboratoire d Imagerie Moleculaire Experimentale, Universite Paris Sud, Orsay, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:811-23. 2012..Here we investigated the use of [(18)F]DPA-714, a new TSPO positron emission tomography (PET) radioligand to image glioma in vivo...
- In vivo positron emission tomography (PET) imaging with an alphavbeta6 specific peptide radiolabeled using 18F-"click" chemistry: evaluation and comparison with the corresponding 4-[18F]fluorobenzoyl- and 2-[18F]fluoropropionyl-peptidesSven H Hausner
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Med Chem 51:5901-4. 2008..Here we compare the three different radiolabeling approaches and report the effects on PET imaging and pharmacokinetics. The prosthetic groups did have an effect; metabolites with significantly different polarities were observed...
- Imaging microglial/macrophage activation in spinal cords of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis rats by positron emission tomography using the mitochondrial 18 kDa translocator protein radioligand [¹⁸F]DPA-714Galith Abourbeh
INSERM, Unité 1023, Universite Paris Sud, 91400 Orsay, France
J Neurosci 32:5728-36. 2012..In addition to current MRI protocols, this approach could provide molecular images of neuroinflammation for detection, monitoring, and research in MS...
- The precision and sensitivity of (18)F-fluoride PET for measuring regional bone metabolism: a comparison of quantification methodsMusib Siddique
King s College London, Osteoporosis Screening and Research Unit, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
J Nucl Med 52:1748-55. 2011....
- Chelator-accelerated one-pot 'click' labeling of small molecule tracers with 2-[¹⁸F]fluoroethyl azideEva Galante
Department of Chemistry and Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University College London, 235 Euston Road, T 5, London NW1 2BU, UK
Molecules 18:5335-47. 2013..The method was demonstrated by reacting [¹⁸F]FEA with a series of alkyne-functionalized 6-halopurines to give the corresponding triazoles in 55-76% analytical radiochemical yield...
- Synthesis of 6-[¹⁸F]fluoro-PBR28, a novel radiotracer for imaging the TSPO 18 kDa with PETAnnelaure Damont
CEA, I BM, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, Orsay, France
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:4819-22. 2011....
- Brain imaging of 18F-fallypride in normal volunteers: blood analysis, distribution, test-retest studies, and preliminary assessment of sensitivity to aging effects on dopamine D-2/D-3 receptorsJogeshwar Mukherjee
Department of Nuclear Medicine PET, Kettering Medical Center, Dayton, Ohio 45429, USA
Synapse 46:170-88. 2002..PET studies with 18F-fallypride are thus suitable to study changes in D2/D3 receptors in striatal and extrastriatal brain regions...
- Radiosynthesis and initial evaluation of [18F]-FEPPA for PET imaging of peripheral benzodiazepine receptorsAlan A Wilson
PET Centre, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1R8
Nucl Med Biol 35:305-14. 2008..A novel [18F]-radiolabelled phenoxyanilide, [18F]-FEPPA, has been synthesized and evaluated, in vitro and ex vivo, as a potential positron emission tomography imaging agent for the peripheral benzodiazepine receptor (PBR)...
- Transport of 3-fluoro-L-α-methyl-tyrosine by tumor-upregulated L-type amino acid transporter 1: a cause of the tumor uptake in PETPattama Wiriyasermkul
Division of Bio system Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Nucl Med 53:1253-61. 2012..In this study, we examined the interaction of 3-fluoro-l-α-methyl-tyrosine (FAMT) with amino acid transporters to assess the mechanisms of (18)F-FAMT uptake in PET...
- Labeling strategies of peptides with ¹⁸F for positron emission tomographyD E Olberg
University of Tromsø, Institute of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Tromsø, Norway
Curr Top Med Chem 10:1669-79. 2010..In this review, the aim is to provide an overview and discuss the strategies currently used for labeling of peptides with ¹⁸F for PET...
- Radio fluorination and positron emission tomography (PET) as a new approach to study the in vivo distribution and elimination of the advanced glycation endproducts N epsilon-carboxymethyllysine (CML) and N epsilon-carboxyethyllysine (CEL)R Bergmann
Research Centre Rossendorf, Institute of Bioinorganic and Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry, Rossendorf
Nahrung 45:182-8. 2001..PET based on 18F-labelled AGEs proved to be a promising tool to elucidate the physiological fate of post-translationally modified amino acids and to clarify the role of AGEs as possible "glycotoxins"...
- High-yielding aqueous 18F-labeling of peptides via Al18F chelationChristopher A D'Souza
Immunomedics Inc, 300 American Road, Morris Plains, New Jersey 07950, USA
Bioconjug Chem 22:1793-803. 2011..These results demonstrate the facile application of Al(18)F chelation using BFC 1 as a versatile labeling method for radiofluorinating other heat-stable peptides for positron emission imaging...
- Two-step methodology for high-yield routine radiohalogenation of peptides: (18)F-labeled RGD and octreotide analogsThorsten Poethko
Nuklearmedizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
J Nucl Med 45:892-902. 2004....
- Cancer imaging with fluorine-18-labeled choline derivativesSandi A Kwee
University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Semin Nucl Med 37:420-8. 2007..These features, along with the possibility of imaging malignancies that have proved elusive with the use of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography support further clinical investigations of (18)F-labeled choline tracers...
- Detection of bone metastases in patients with lung cancer: 99mTc-MDP planar bone scintigraphy, 18F-fluoride PET or 18F-FDG PET/CTStefan Kruger
Medical Clinic II, University Hospital, Ulm, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:1807-12. 2009....
- Novel matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor [18F]marimastat-aryltrifluoroborate as a probe for in vivo positron emission tomography imaging in cancerUlrich auf dem Keller
UBC Centre for Blood Research, Department of Oral Biological and Medical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer Res 70:7562-9. 2010..The labeled drug cleared primarily via the hepatobiliary and gastrointestinal tract, with multiple animals imaged in independent experiments, confirming the ease of this new labeling strategy...
- Nickel-mediated oxidative fluorination for PET with aqueous [18F] fluorideEunsung Lee
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Am Chem Soc 134:17456-8. 2012....
- (18)F-fluoride PET for monitoring therapeutic response in Paget's disease of boneJohanne Installé
Department of Molecular Imaging and Experimental Radiotherapy, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Nucl Med 46:1650-8. 2005..A prospective study was undertaken to evaluate PET with (18)F-fluoride for monitoring the response to bisphosphonates in Paget's disease of bones...
- Small-animal PET imaging of human epidermal growth factor receptor type 2 expression with site-specific 18F-labeled protein scaffold moleculesZhen Cheng
Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford, Department of Radiology, Bio X Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Nucl Med 49:804-13. 2008....
- Comparison of [18F]-tracers in various experimental tumor models by PET imaging and identification of an early response biomarker for the novel microtubule stabilizer patupiloneT Ebenhan
Global Imaging Group, Novartis Institute of Biomedical Research, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Mol Imaging Biol 11:308-21. 2009..The suitability of [18F]FDG, [18F]FLT, [18F]FET, and [18F]FCH as non-invasive positron emission tomography (PET) biomarkers for monitoring response to chemotherapy was analyzed in various experimental tumor models...
- In vivo measurement of vesicular monoamine transporter type 2 density in Parkinson disease with (18)F-AV-133Nobuyuki Okamura
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Centre for PET, Austin Health, Victoria, Australia
J Nucl Med 51:223-8. 2010..PET provides a noninvasive means to evaluate the functional integrity of the presynaptic monoaminergic system in the living human brain...
- Arylfluoroborates and alkylfluorosilicates as potential PET imaging agents: high-yielding aqueous biomolecular 18F-labelingRichard Ting
Chemistry Department, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 127:13094-5. 2005..With the stability of both compounds ascertained, this work describes a novel and robust radiolabeling method that may find use in the development of positron emission tomography radiopharmaceuticals...
- Prospective evaluation of the clinical value of planar bone scans, SPECT, and (18)F-labeled NaF PET in newly diagnosed lung cancerH Schirrmeister
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Nucl Med 42:1800-4. 2001..Routinely performed SPECT imaging is practicable, is cost-effective, and improves the accuracy of BS...
- Quantitative studies of bone with the use of 18F-fluoride and 99mTc-methylene diphosphonateG M Blake
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Guy's Hospital, London, England
Semin Nucl Med 31:28-49. 2001..However, comparable data could probably be obtained by using 99mTc-MDP if methods for single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) quantitation were improved...
- PET quantitation and imaging of the non-pure positron-emitting iodine isotope 124IH Herzog
Institute of Medicine, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmhH, Germany
Appl Radiat Isot 56:673-9. 2002..We conclude that quantitation of a radiopharmaceutical labelled with 124I is feasible and may be improved by the development of specific corrections...
- Synthesis and evaluation of (18)F-labeled choline analogs as oncologic PET tracersT R DeGrado
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Nucl Med 42:1805-14. 2001..Preliminary PET studies on patients with prostate cancer and with breast cancer and brain tumor support further studies to evaluate the usefulness of FCH as an oncologic probe...
- Early detection of tumor response to chemotherapy by 3'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine positron emission tomography: the effect of cisplatin on a fibrosarcoma tumor model in vivoJulius Leyton
Molecular Therapy Group, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 65:4202-10. 2005..This work supports the further development of [18F]FLT-PET as a generic pharmacodynamic readout for early quantitative imaging of drug-induced changes in cell proliferation in vivo...
- Quantitative, preclinical PET of translocator protein expression in glioma using 18F-N-fluoroacetyl-N-(2,5-dimethoxybenzyl)-2-phenoxyanilineJason R Buck
Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science, Department of Radiologyh and Radiological Science, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2310, USA
J Nucl Med 52:107-14. 2011....
- Evaluation of [18F]fluoro-L-DOPA positron emission tomography-computed tomography for surgery in focal congenital hyperinsulinismWinfried Barthlen
Clinic for Pediatric Surgery, Institute for Pathology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, Mittelallee 8, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:869-75. 2008..In congenital hyperinsulinism (CHI), the identification and precise localization of a focal lesion is essential for successful surgery...
- Preparation of F-18 labeled annexin V: a potential PET radiopharmaceutical for imaging cell deathJ Toretsky
Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Nucl Med Biol 31:747-52. 2004..We conclude that [18F] labeled annexin V can be readily prepared by the conjugation of annexin V with [18F]SFB and that the positron-emitting compound is biologically active in detecting apoptosis...
- Preparation of 18F-labeled peptides using the copper(I)-catalyzed azide-alkyne 1,3-dipolar cycloadditionHerman S Gill
Department of Biomedical Imaging, Genentech Research and Early Development, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Protoc 6:1718-25. 2011..After an HPLC purification, (18)F-labeled peptide can be obtained with a 31 ± 6% radiochemical yield (n = 4, decay-corrected from (18)F-fluoride elution) and a specific activity of 39.0 ± 12.4 Ci μmol(-1) within 77 ± 4 min...
- Initial evaluation in healthy humans of [18F]DPA-714, a potential PET biomarker for neuroinflammationNicolas Arlicot
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, UMR S930 and CNRS ERL 3106, Tours, France
Nucl Med Biol 39:570-8. 2012..We aimed to estimate the radiation dosimetry of the positron emission tomography (PET) TSPO radioligand [(18)F]DPA-714, and we evaluated in healthy volunteers its whole-body uptake and cerebral kinetics...
- Efficient 18F labeling of cysteine-containing peptides and proteins using tetrazine-trans-cyclooctene ligationShuanglong Liu
Department of Radiology, Keck School of Medicine, Molecular Imaging Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mol Imaging 12:121-8. 2013..The special characteristics of the tetrazine-trans-cyclooctene ligation provide unprecedented opportunities to synthesize 18F-labeled probes with high specific activity for PET applications...
- 18F-labelled annexin V: a PET tracer for apoptosis imagingYoshihiro Murakami
The Medical and Pharmacological Research Center Foundation, Wo32, 925 0613, Inoyama, Hakui, Ishikawa, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:469-74. 2004..The low uptake of [18F]annexin V in these organs might represent an advantage over [(99m)Tc]annexin V...
- Early detection of chemoradioresponse in esophageal carcinoma by 3'-deoxy-3'-3H-fluorothymidine using preclinical tumor modelsSmith Apisarnthanarax
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4590-7. 2006..We assessed the ability of 3'-deoxy-3'-(18)F-fluorothymidine positron emission tomography (FLT-PET) to detect early changes in tumor proliferation after chemoradiotherapy in experimental models of esophageal carcinoma...
- Monitoring of herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase enzyme activity using positron emission tomographyG A Hospers
Department of Medical Oncology, Groningen University Hospital, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 60:1488-91. 2000..In conclusion, we have demonstrated that [18F]FHPG is a promising tracer for monitoring HSV-tk enzyme activity in vivo with PET...
- 18F-labeled proteinsZhanhong Wu
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 11:572-80. 2010....
- O-(2-[18F]fluoroethyl)-L-tyrosine and L-[methyl-11C]methionine uptake in brain tumours: initial results of a comparative studyW A Weber
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med 27:542-9. 2000..The specificity of FET for tumour tissue is promising but has to be addressed in a larger series of patients with non-neoplastic lesions...
- Direct site-specific radiolabeling of an Affibody protein with 4-[18F]fluorobenzaldehyde via oxime chemistryMohammad Namavari
Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford, Department of Radiology and Bioengineering, Bio X Program, Stanford University, 318 Campus Dr, Clark Center, E 150, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 10:177-81. 2008..In this study, we introduce a methodology for preparing 18F-labeled Affibody protein, specifically 18F-Anti-HER2 dimeric Affibody (14 kDa), for in vivo imaging of HER2neu with positron emission tomography (PET)...
- Toward [18F]-labeled aryltrifluoroborate radiotracers: in vivo positron emission tomography imaging of stable aryltrifluoroborate clearance in miceRichard Ting
Chemistry Department, University of British Columbia, 2036 Main Mall, Vancouver, B C V6T 1Z1, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 130:12045-55. 2008..This work validates initial claims that boronic esters are potentially useful as readily labeled precursors to [(18)F]-PET reagents...
- Chemoselective hydrazone formation between HYNIC-functionalized peptides and (18)F-fluorinated aldehydesKjerstin Bruus-Jensen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technischen Universitat Munchen, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Nucl Med Biol 33:173-83. 2006....
- Silicon-based building blocks for one-step 18F-radiolabeling of peptides for PET imagingLinjing Mu
Center for Radiopharmaceutical Science of ETH, PSI and USZ, ETH Honggerberg, D CHAB IPW HCI H427, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:4922-5. 2008
- Bone metabolic activity in hyperostosis cranialis interna measured with 18F-fluoride PETJérôme J Waterval
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Center, PO 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:884-93. 2011..The aim of this study is to compare standardised uptake values (SUVs) at different sites in order to quantify bone metabolism in the affected anatomical regions in HCI patients...
- Biodistribution and catabolism of 18F-labeled N-epsilon-fructoselysine as a model of Amadori productsChristina Hultsch
Institute of Radiopharmacy, Research Center Rossendorf, P O Box 51 01 19, D 01314 Dresden, Germany
Nucl Med Biol 33:865-73. 2006..Therefore, it was concluded that the predominant part of peptide-bound lysine that was fructosylated during food processing is not available for nutrition...
- Synthesis of N-succinimidyl 4-[18F]fluorobenzoate, an agent for labeling proteins and peptides with 18FGanesan Vaidyanathan
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nat Protoc 1:1655-61. 2006..18F]SFB remains an optimal reagent for labeling proteins and peptides with 18F because of good conjugation yields and metabolic stability...
- Single-step high-yield radiosynthesis and evaluation of a sensitive 18F-labeled ligand for imaging brain peripheral benzodiazepine receptors with PETEmmanuelle Briard
Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Med Chem 52:688-99. 2009..In rat, a low level radiometabolite of intermediate lipophilicity was identified as [18F]2-fluoro-N-(2-phenoxyphenyl)acetamide ([18F]11). [18F]9 is a promising radioligand for future imaging of PBR in living human brain...
- [18F]FEAC and [18F]FEDAC: Two novel positron emission tomography ligands for peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor in the brainKazuhiko Yanamoto
Department of Molecular Probes, Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:1707-10. 2009..Small-animal PET scan for a neuroinflammatory rat model showed that the two radioligands had high uptakes of radioactivity in the kainic acid-infused striatum, a brain region where PBR density was increased...
- Syntheses of 11C- and 18F-labeled carboxylic esters within a hydrodynamically-driven micro-reactorShui Yu Lu
PET Radiopharmaceutical Sciences, Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1003, USA
Lab Chip 4:523-5. 2004....
- Diagnostic accuracy of [¹⁸F]-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography scan for persistent congenital hyperinsulinism in JapanMichiya Masue
Department of Pediatrics, Kizawa Memorial Hospital, Chubu Medical Center for Prolonged Traumatic Brain Dysfunction, Gifu, Japan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 75:342-6. 2011..Although [(18)F]DOPA PET is reported to be useful for precisely localizing the focal form of congenital hyperinsulinism, previous reports are mostly from European and North American centres...
- Bone metabolism of residual ridge beneath the denture base of an RPD observed using NaF-PET/CTHanako Suenaga
Division of Advanced Prosthetic Dentistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, 4 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
J Prosthodont Res 56:42-6. 2012..However, CT images showed no obvious changes in the bone shape and structure beneath RPD, and CT values both on the control and test sides did not change either...
- The value of [18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography in the selection of patients with stage IIIA-N2 non-small cell lung cancer for combined modality treatmentC J Hoekstra
Clinical PET Centre, VU University Medical Centre, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Lung Cancer 39:151-7. 2003..These results show that using the conventional staging algorithm a substantial group of patients was understaged. FDG PET improves the selection of patients suitable for CMT...
- In vivo imaging and quantitative analysis of TSPO in rat peripheral tissues using small-animal PET with [18F]FEDACKazuhiko Yanamoto
Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Inage Ku, Chiba, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 37:853-60. 2010..Here, using small-animal PET with [(18)F]FEDAC, we performed TSPO imaging and quantitative analysis of TSPO binding in rat peripheral tissues...
- Assessment of successful incorporation of cages after cervical or lumbar intercorporal fusion with [(18)F]fluoride positron-emission tomography/computed tomographyDorothee R Fischer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 20:640-8. 2011....
- The diagnostic and prognostic effectiveness of F-18 sodium fluoride PET-CT in detecting bone metastases for hepatocellular carcinoma patientsRuoh Fang Yen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Nucl Med Commun 31:637-45. 2010....
- Femoral head viability following resurfacing arthroplasty. A clinical positron emission tomography studyGösta Ullmark
Department of Orthopedics Gävle hospital and Centre for Research and Development Uppsala University County Council of Gävleborg, Sweden
Hip Int 21:66-70. 2011..This was seen following both posterior and antero lateral approaches. Fluoride PET is a sensitive and useful method for evaluating bone metabolism following HR...
- Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of [18F]fluoroethyl triazole labelled [Tyr3]octreotate analogues using click chemistryLisa Iddon
GE Healthcare, MDx Discovery, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:3122-7. 2011..As well as ease of synthesis, in vitro binding to the pancreatic tumour AR42J cells showed that both FET-G-TOCA and FET-βAG-TOCA have high affinity for the somatostatin receptor with IC(50) of 4.0±1.4, and 1.6±0.2 nM, respectively...
- Biodistribution, pharmacokinetics and metabolism of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RA) using [¹⁸F]-IL1RA and PET imaging in ratsC Cawthorne
Wolfson Molecular Imaging Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Br J Pharmacol 162:659-72. 2011..Here we illustrate the potential of PET imaging in a preclinical study of the biodistribution and metabolism of ¹⁸F-labelled IL-1 receptor antagonist ([¹⁸F]IL-1RA) using a novel [¹⁸F]-radiolabelling technique...
- Microfluidic approach for fast labeling optimization and dose-on-demand implementationGiancarlo Pascali
Radiopharmacy Department, Institute of Clinical Physiology, Via Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Nucl Med Biol 37:547-55. 2010..Microfluidic represents an innovative approach, owing to its potential to increase radiochemical productivity in terms of yields, time reduction, precursor consumption and flexible experimental planning...
- Radionuclide studies of bone metabolism: do bone uptake and bone plasma clearance provide equivalent measurements of bone turnover?Glen M Blake
Division of Imaging Sciences, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London, UK
Bone 49:537-42. 2011..Similar effects may occur with other therapies that have a large enough effect on bone metabolism. In these circumstances changes in bone plasma clearance give a truer impression of response to treatment than those in SUV or uptake...
- The diagnosis of ectopic focal hyperinsulinism of infancy with [18F]-dopa positron emission tomographyKhalid Hussain
London Center for Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Hospital for Children National Health Service Trust, London WC1N 3JH, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2839-42. 2006..The focal form of the disease can be cured if the focal lesion can be localized accurately and completely resected with surgery...
- Synthesis and evaluation of 18F-labeled 2-phenylbenzothiazoles as positron emission tomography imaging agents for amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's diseaseKim Serdons
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Med Chem 52:1428-37. 2009..The preliminary results strongly suggest that this new fluorinated compound is a promising candidate as an Abeta plaque imaging agent for the study of patients with AD...
- Rapid aqueous [18F]-labeling of a bodipy dye for positron emission tomography/fluorescence dual modality imagingZibo Li
Molecular Imaging Center, Department of Radiology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:9324-6. 2011..This radiolabeled dye, whose biodistribution and clearance has been studied in mice, is stable in vivo and can be used as a positron emission tomography/fluorescence dual modality imaging agent...
- Labeling strategies with F-18 for positron emission tomography imagingYonghong Gu
Department of Pathology, The Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, P R China
Med Chem 7:334-44. 2011..This review summarizes the strategies and recent developments in the fluorine-18 labeling of probes for PET imaging. Problems and issues relating to the practical production of fluorine-18 currently in widespread use are also discussed...
- Localization of trapping of 6-[(18)F]fluoro-L-m-tyrosine, an aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase tracer for PETW D Brown
Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Synapse 34:111-23. 1999..This may be especially important in diseases or experimental states in which dopaminergic neurons are selectively reduced, and may allow for the study of nondopaminergic neuronal systems in vivo with this tracer...
- 6-fluoroDOPA metabolism in rat striatum: time course of extracellular metabolitesO T DeJesus
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 1530 Medical Sciences Center, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Brain Res 877:31-6. 2000..These metabolic steps and their role in tracer kinetics are, thus, important factors to consider in ascribing physiologic significance to PET-derived measures...
- Comparison of two methods for the analysis of [18F]6-fluoro-L-m-tyrosine PET dataJamie L Eberling
Center for Functional Imaging, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Neuroimage 23:358-63. 2004..These findings suggest that a simple ratio approach to analyzing FMT PET data may be a useful alternative to a kinetic approach especially for clinical applications...
- 11C/ 18F-choline PET or 11C/18F-acetate PET in prostate cancer: may a choice be recommended?Cristina Nanni
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1704-5. 2007
- Molecular imaging: what can be used todayP L Jager
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University of Groningen, University Medical Center, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cancer Imaging 5:S27-32. 2005..As an example, molecular imaging methods that target the HER2 receptor and somatostatin receptor are described...
- PET Imaging of the Pancreas in Murine Models of DiabetesPaige Clark; Fiscal Year: 2005..The method could also be useful in evaluating the function of pancreatic transplants and successful engraftment of transplanted progenitor or beta cells. ..
- F-18 FDG Peptides for Pretargeted PET Imaging of PancreaWilliam McBride; Fiscal Year: 2005..It would also support the preclinical targeting, synthesis of new peptide derivatives to optimize excretion, serum stablity and safety studies in animals that would be needed before this agent goes into the clinic. ..
- Radiotracer R and D in Nuclear Medicine and NeuroscienceYu Shin Ding; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- Small Animal PET (microPET)JOGESH MUKHERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Radiolabeled Probes for Imaging Caspase 3 ActivationRobert Mach; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PET Imaging of Hypoxia with EF5Cameron Koch; Fiscal Year: 2009..In summary, the aims of this grant will extend and advance our overall laboratory interest in quantifying the degree and extent of clinically relevant hypoxia in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- High End Computing for PET/SPECTDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- New PET Radiotracers-Monoamine TransportersMichael Kilbourn; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PET IMAGING OF DRUG KINETICS AND PATHWAYSAnthony Shields; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our proposed study of [F-18]FAU with PET will provide information on the biodistribution of this new therapeutic agent and may provide a way to image tumor TS activity and proliferation. ..
- Treatments for Nicotine Dependence: Brain MechanismsArthur Brody; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- IMAGING DOPAMINE/SEROTONIN MECHANISMS IN COCAINE CRAVINGDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2003..Testing of these hypotheses will provide novel and fundamental answers to craving mechanisms. ..
- IMAGING DOPAMINE RELEASE/ENDOCRINE CHANGES IN ALCOHOLISMDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the initial D2 receptor deficits are exacerbated by alcohol abuse one can envision a positive feedback loop hard to break. ..
- Positron Emission Tomography in Prostate CancerFarrokh Dehdashti; Fiscal Year: 2008..PET may also contribute significant prognostic information that may affect the decision to administer early adjuvant therapy to delay or prevent recurrence. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dedicated High Performance Human Brain/Preclinical PETDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF DOPAMINE & SEROTONIN IN TOURETTE SYNDROMEDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2003..We propose to carry out experiments using PET to establish a more complete understanding of the neurotransmission in TS. This will also help establish new ationales for improved therapeutics in TS. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF D3 ANTAGONISTS TO TREAT COCAINE ADDICTIONRobert Mach; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, this research will result in the development of radiolabeled probes for studying both the function of D3 receptors in the CNS and the alteration in D3 receptor density thatoccurs as a consequence of cocaine abuse. ..
- Early Prediction of Pathological Response of Chemoradiotherapy with FLT PETKS CLIFFORD CHAO; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Predicting Radiation Response by Tumor pO2Cameron Koch; Fiscal Year: 2006..DDFP may thus be the first PFC emulsion practical and safe for use in multifraction clinical regimens. ..
- Labeled Thymidine -- Development as A PET Imaging AgentAnthony Shields; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our ultimate goal is to demonstrate that this approach is useful in evaluating both experimental and routine clinical treatment. ..
- PET Imaging of Breast Cancer via Sigma-2 ReceptorsRobert Mach; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular and Metabolic Mechanisms in Alzheimer's DiseaseRobert Mach; Fiscal Year: 2009..Through the use of the unique resources and personnel at Washington University Medical Center, we have the opportunity to provide answers to important clinical and mechanistic questions in AD. ..
- HYPOXIC IMAGING GUIDED INTENSITY MODULATED RADIOTHERAPYKS CLIFFORD CHAO; Fiscal Year: 2003..They will test the hypothesis by performing multiple Cu-60 ATSM PET scans during the course of irradiation to understand the spatial evolution of hypoxic tumor. ..
- Dopamine D2 Selective Imaging AgentsRobert Mach; Fiscal Year: 2008..A secondary goal of this project is to develop an iodine-125 labeled radiotracer for in vitro binding studies of the D2 receptor. ..
- Dopamine D3 Receptor Imaging Agents for PET and SPECTRobert Mach; Fiscal Year: 2006..A secondary goal of this project is to develop an iodine-125 labeled radiotracer for in vitro binding studies of the D3 receptor. ..
- PET Radiotracers for Imaging ApoptosisRobert Mach; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, the research described in this research proposal will provide a PET-based imaging procedure for measuring apoptosis that will be of tremendous value to the PET research community. ..
- Oxidative Damage to DNA Repair PathwaysCameron Koch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim 3 will investigate other aspects of DNA repair and DNA structural organization to determine their sensitivity to redox regulation. ..
- Mechanisms of Axonal Sprouting After StrokeSTANLEY CARMICHAEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments will identify neuronal growth programs after stroke, and Iocal inhibitory molecules, and provide an understanding of the mechanisms of regeneration in the adult brain. ..
- PET Amyloid Plaque Imaging in Late Life DepressionYvette Sheline; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Research Training in Nuclear Molecular ImagingAlan Fischman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Phosphoinositide and Inositol Polyphosphate ProbesGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dopamine D2/D3 Receptor Agonists for PET ImagingJOGESH MUKHERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally PET studies will be carried out in monkeys with these agents to demonstrate HA-state binding and receptor subtype selectivity. ..
- New PET radioligand for the serotonin transporterYiyun Huang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Introduction of [18F]AFM would constitute the first PET tracer for the SERT that can be prepared in a central facility and distributed to various sites for clinical imaging purposes. ..
- Vascular Depression: Longitudinal FollowupYvette I Sheline; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposal will provide important new data on neuroradiologic and neuropsychological factors contributing to recurrent or chronic depression in older individuals. ..
- Lung Cancer Prognosis: FLT PET and DNA HypermethylationHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2009..This prognostic information will permit individualization and optimization of therapy for the 41,000 early stage NSCLC patients undergoing surgical resection each year in the United States. ..
- FLT PET to Plan the Best Therapy for Lung CancerHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2008..At the conclusion of this study, the insight gained in the response of stage III NSCLCs will allow clinicians to plan the best therapy for these patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Utility of [F-18] fluoroDOPA for neonatal hyperinsulism: A Phase IIChaitanya Divgi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signaling Pathways that Determine Ewings Sarcoma OutcomeJeffrey Toretsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..Clearly, if PTPL1 is validated as a supportive oncoprotein and the pathways modulated by PTPL1 are identified, patients with many other tumors that rely on IGF-IR signaling including breast carcinoma could benefit from our findings. ..
- Guanfacine Treatment for Prefrontal Cognitive Dysfunction in Elderly SubjectsChristopher H van Dyck; Fiscal Year: 2010..This Pilot Clinical Trial will provide essential preliminary data for a subsequent full-scale trial of guanfacine for prefrontally-mediated cognitive dysfunction in elderly subjects. ..
- NOVEL MARKERS FOR IMAGING GENE EXPRESSION IN VIVO USING MRIERIC AHRENS; Fiscal Year: 2008..Towards this goal, our project will develop new technologies to visualize gene expression in vivo using conventional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners. ..
- Simultaneous PET imaging of rCBF and dopamine releaseALEXANDER CONVERSE; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Blood-brain barrier gene delivery in knock-out mice.EAIN CORNFORD; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MicroPET and NIR Fluorescence Imaging Tumor AngiogenesisXiaoyuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..All the results obtained here will be used for future application of a R01 type grant. ..
- DOPAMINE AND GABA IMAGING IN SCHIZOPHRENIALawrence Kegeles; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluation of Presynaptic Calcium Channels In VivoDaniel Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2003..A possible peripheral benefit of this work lies in its potential to bring us closer to an effective CNS delivery system for calcium channel antagonists which are under clinical development as therapeutic agents. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A PET RADIOTRACER FOR SIGMA-1 RECEPTORRikki Waterhouse; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- SQUALENE AND OXIDOSQUALENE CYCLASESGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ESTROGENIC SUBSTANCE DETECTION BY A MODIFIED NANOBALANCELINDA LUCK; Fiscal Year: 2002..This application offers the development of a new biological analytic technique that could monitor estrogenic substances both in the environment and in food products. ..
- HEART IMAGING AGENTS--STRUCTURAL MECHANISTICS STUDYDavid Raffel; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, [11C]- and [18F]-labeled polar derivatives of the psychostimulant methcathinone will be synthesized as potential NET markers and their in vitro NET affinities determined as the cloned human NET transporter. ..
- Thiol-Reactive Crosslinkers for BiomaterialsGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Fourth, these new materials will be evaluated for cytocompatibility and cell growth in vitro with murine fibroblasts. Finally, selected materials will be seeded with fibroblasts and injected into nude mice for in vivo tissue generation. ..
- Akt Inhibitors to Treat Ewing's SarcomaJeffrey Toretsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our findings from this Phase I Sun will hopefully lead to a key compound that can be further developed in a Phase II STTR ultimately leading to clinical trials in patients with ESFT. ..
- Imaging of O6-Alkylguanine-DNA AlkyltransferaseGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, this proposal seeks to determine whether the development of a suitable agent for the imaging of tumor AGT will facilitate chemotherapy planning, thereby improving the outcome of alkylator chemotherapy. ..
- Development and Applications of Novel SERT PET LigandsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once SERT binding is determined in depressed patients, we will be able to assess the relationship of SERT binding and treatment response to SSRIs. ..
- Biacore T100Jeffrey Toretsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..These enhanced capabilities of the T100 will allow projects investigating many types of biologic processes to advance. ..
- Conference on the Diagnosis of Multiple System AtrophySid Gilman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This conference will assist with early diagnosis by developing new guidelines for diagnosis using newly available imaging and neuropathological criteria. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COGNITION AND ESTROGEN IN MIDDLE-AGED FEMALE MONKEYSMary Lou Voytko; Fiscal Year: 2003..The findings from these novel experiments in middle-aged monkeys will significantly advance our understanding of the effects of different ovarian hormone therapies on cognitive and neurobiological profiles of primates. ..
- PET, APOE & The Preclinical Course of Alzheimer DiseaseEric Reiman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Neuroimaging in Depression Treatment StudiesYvette Sheline; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PREDICTING TUMOR RESPONSE TO FLUOROURACIL WITH PETJames Bading; Fiscal Year: 2002..Multiple regression analysis will be used to evaluate combination of parameters derived from PET and ex vivo TS assays as predictors of tumor response. ..
- Optical Resources for Molecular Imaging CenterJames Bading; Fiscal Year: 2003..PET techniques developed in preclinical studies with the support of optical imaging should translate more or less directly into clinical applications. ..
- Androgen Receptor Mediated Detection of Cancer Using PETPradeep Garg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This technique would also aid clinicians in planning and selecting the appropriate treatment regimen. ..
- Diagnosis of IM Nodal Metastases in Breast CancerDavid Mankoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..This diagnostic study will provide important data to direct future internal mammary radiotherapy trials. ..
- IMAGING THE RESPONSE OF LOCALLY ADVANCED BREAST CANCERDavid Mankoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..In this amended application, we focus on recent progress that has strengthened our preliminary data and further supports our proposed investigations of the biology of advanced breast cancer and its relationship to therapeutic response. ..
- Development of PET radioligands for cerebral cannabinoid receptor (CB1)ANDREW HORTI; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Cytochrome Oxidase Polymorphisms in AgingRussell Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work could help explain why complex genetic diseases are sometimes associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. ..