Genomes and Genes
Summary: Unstable isotopes of iodine that decay or disintegrate emitting radiation. I atoms with atomic weights 117-139, except I 127, are radioactive iodine isotopes.
Publications312 found, 100 shown here
- Revised American Thyroid Association management guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancerDavid S Cooper
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Thyroid 19:1167-214. 2009..Since the publication of the American Thyroid Association's guidelines for the management of these disorders was published in 2006, a large amount of new information has become available, prompting a revision of the guidelines...
- Update of AAPM Task Group No. 43 Report: A revised AAPM protocol for brachytherapy dose calculationsMark J Rivard
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Med Phys 31:633-74. 2004..These changes should be carefully evaluated and reviewed with the radiation oncologist preceding implementation of the current protocol...
- Image-guided radiovirotherapy for multiple myeloma using a recombinant measles virus expressing the thyroidal sodium iodide symporterDavid Dingli
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 103:1641-6. 2004..Testing in other radiosensitive cancers is warranted...
- European consensus for the management of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma of the follicular epitheliumFurio Pacini
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Siena, Via Bracci, 53100 Siena, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 154:787-803. 2006
- Long-term outcome of 444 patients with distant metastases from papillary and follicular thyroid carcinoma: benefits and limits of radioiodine therapyC Durante
Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2892-9. 2006..The goal of this study was to estimate the cumulative activity of (131)I to be administered to patients with distant metastases from thyroid carcinoma...
- Strategies of radioiodine ablation in patients with low-risk thyroid cancerMartin Schlumberger
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrine Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy and University Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
N Engl J Med 366:1663-73. 2012..The administration of the smallest possible amount of radioiodine would improve care...
- The biological effect of 125I seed continuous low dose rate irradiation in CL187 cellsHong Qing Zhuang
Cancer Center, Department of Radiation Oncology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:12. 2009..To investigate the effectiveness and mechanism of 125I seed continuous low-dose-rate irradiation on colonic cell line CL187 in vitro...
- Multi-institutional analysis of long-term outcome for stages T1-T2 prostate cancer treated with permanent seed implantationMichael J Zelefsky
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:327-33. 2007..To assess long-term prostate-specific antigen (PSA) outcome after permanent prostate brachytherapy (BT) and identify predictors of improved disease-free survival...
- Dynamic iodide trapping by tumor cells expressing the thyroidal sodium iodide symporterDavid Dingli
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325:157-66. 2004..Iodide organification was insignificant. In vivo studies in tumors composed of mixed cell populations confirmed these observations...
- Prognostic factors in papillary and follicular thyroid carcinoma: their implications for cancer stagingBrian Hung Hin Lang
Division of Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Surg Oncol 14:730-8. 2007..However, this may not be an optimal approach to cancer staging...
- Myocardial iodine-123 meta-iodobenzylguanidine imaging and cardiac events in heart failure. Results of the prospective ADMIRE-HF (AdreView Myocardial Imaging for Risk Evaluation in Heart Failure) studyArnold F Jacobson
GE Healthcare, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:2212-21. 2010....
- Thyroid cancer risk in Belarus among children and adolescents exposed to radioiodine after the Chornobyl accidentL B Zablotska
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street, Suite 280, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Br J Cancer 104:181-7. 2011....
- Comparison of intraoperative ultrasound with postimplant computed tomography--dosimetric values at Day 1 and Day 30 after prostate brachytherapyToshio Ohashi
Department of Radiology, National Hospital Organization Tokyo Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Brachytherapy 6:246-53. 2007..To compare the results of intraoperative dosimetry with those of postimplant computed tomography (CT)-based dosimetry after (125)I prostate brachytherapy...
- Comparison of stereotactic brachytherapy (125 iodine seeds) with stereotactic radiosurgery (LINAC) for the treatment of singular cerebral metastasesMaximilian I Ruge
Department of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 187:7-14. 2011..To compare stereotactic brachytherapy (SBT) with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) for treating singular cerebral metastases, regarding feasibility, complications, cerebral disease control, and survival...
- Surgical resection plus stereotactic 125I brachytherapy in adult patients with eloquently located supratentorial WHO grade II glioma - feasibility and outcome of a combined local treatment conceptO Schnell
Department of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Neurol 255:1495-502. 2008....
- Risk of thyroid cancer after exposure to 131I in childhoodElisabeth Cardis
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:724-32. 2005....
- Defining the risk of developing grade 2 proctitis following 125I prostate brachytherapy using a rectal dose-volume histogram analysisK M Snyder
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:335-41. 2001..Delivered dose should be kept below defined rectal volume thresholds to minimize this risk. This information can allow one to decrease rectal morbidity by modifying prostate implant technique...
- Feasibility of adenovirus-mediated hNIS gene transfer and 131I radioiodine therapy as a definitive treatment for localized prostate cancerKenneth N Barton
Department of Radiation Oncology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202 3450, USA
Mol Ther 19:1353-9. 2011..We discuss the obstacles that must be overcome before adenovirus-mediated hNIS gene transfer and (131)I radioiodine therapy can be used as a definitive treatment for localized prostate cancer...
- Sodium iodide symporter: its role in nuclear medicineJune Key Chung
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Nucl Med 43:1188-200. 2002..The NIS has the potential to expand the role of nuclear medicine in the future, just as it has served as the base for the development of nuclear medicine in the past...
- Targeted radionuclide therapy using a Wnt-targeted replicating adenovirus encoding the Na/I symporterInge Peerlinck
Centre for Molecular Oncology, Institute of Cancer, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 15:6595-601. 2009..Here, we combined the imaging and therapeutic potential of hNIS in an oncolytic adenoviruses targeting colorectal cancer cells...
- The direct biologic effects of radioactive 125I seeds on pancreatic cancer cells PANC-1, at continuous low-dose ratesJidong Wang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Center, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 24:409-16. 2009..Interestingly, CLDR irradiation by 125I seeds can cause PANC-1cell-cycle arrest at the G2=M phase and induce apoptosis, which may be an important mechanism underlying 125Iseed-induced PANC-1 cell inhibition...
- Radioimmunoguided surgery (RIGS), PET/CT image-guided surgery, and fluorescence image-guided surgery: past, present, and futureDuxin Sun
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Surg Oncol 96:297-308. 2007..PET/CT image-guided surgery only detects later stage disease. Fluorescence image-guided surgery using anti-TAG-72 antibodies may provide opportunities for intraoperative cancer detection of both gross and occult tumors...
- Effect of radiotherapy and hyperthermia on the tumor accumulation of HPMA copolymer-based drug delivery systemsTwan Lammers
Department of Innovative Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy, Clinical Cooperation Unit Radiotherapeutic Oncology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Control Release 117:333-41. 2007....
- Preoperative characterisation of clear-cell renal carcinoma using iodine-124-labelled antibody chimeric G250 (124I-cG250) and PET in patients with renal masses: a phase I trialChaitanya R Divgi
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Lancet Oncol 8:304-10. 2007..We aimed to assess whether iodine-124-labelled antibody chimeric G250 ((124)I-cG250) PET predicts clear-cell renal carcinoma, the most common and aggressive renal tumour...
- Acute urinary retention after I-125 prostate brachytherapy in relation to dose in different regions of the prostateEllen M A Roeloffzen
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:76-84. 2011..To assess the influence of dose in different prostate regions, and the influence of anatomic variation on the risk of acute urinary retention (AUR) after I-125 prostate brachytherapy...
- Greater postimplant swelling in small-volume prostate glands: implications for dosimetry, treatment planning, and operating room techniqueEugene Chung
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:1944-8. 2012..In this study we compare the degree of postimplant edema between larger and smaller prostates and examine the effects of prostate size on the dose delivered to 90% of the prostate (D90)...
- Evaluation of tumor affinity of mono-[(123)I]iodohypericin and mono-[(123)I]iodoprotohypericin in a mouse model with a RIF-1 tumorHumphrey Fonge
Laboratory of Radiopharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, KU Leuven, Herestraat 49, Box 821, B 3000, Leuven
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 2:113-9. 2007..Mono-[(123)I]iodohypericin appears to be more promising as a tumor diagnostic agent, given its faster clearance from all organs...
- Serum thyroglobulin concentrations predict disease-free remission and death in differentiated thyroid carcinomaKaren A Heemstra
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 66:58-64. 2007..The objective was to investigate the prognostic values of serum Tg for disease-free remission and death, measured at fixed time-points after initial therapy using receiver operator characteristic (ROC) curve analyses...
- Mathematical modeling of cancer radiovirotherapyDavid Dingli
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Math Biosci 199:55-78. 2006..Furthermore, we evaluated relevant therapeutic scenarios for radiovirotherapy, and offered elements for optimization...
- Stereotactic biopsy combined with stereotactic (125)iodine brachytherapy for diagnosis and treatment of locally recurrent single brain metastasesMaximilian I Ruge
Department of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Cologne, Kerpener Straße 62, 50937 Cologne, Germany
J Neurooncol 105:109-18. 2011..SBT is a safe, minimally invasive, and highly effective treatment option for cerebral disease control and survival. Furthermore, it can be performed during the same stereotactic operation...
- A probasin promoter, conditionally replicating adenovirus that expresses the sodium iodide symporter (NIS) for radiovirotherapy of prostate cancerM A Trujillo
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, Nutrition, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gene Ther 17:1325-32. 2010..This construct may allow multimodal therapy, combining cytolytic virotherapy with radioiodine treatment, to be developed as a novel treatment for prostate cancer...
- Thyroglobulin measurement before rhTSH-aided 131I ablation in detecting metastases from differentiated thyroid carcinomaLuca Giovanella
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Thyroid Unit, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, CH 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:659-63. 2008..The present study was undertaken to evaluate if post-thyroidectomy Tg values, measured before rhTSH-stimulated radioiodine ablation is of prognostic value in patients affected by DTC...
- Clinical management and outcome of papillary and follicular (differentiated) thyroid cancer presenting with distant metastasis at diagnosisElliot Sampson
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Cancer 110:1451-6. 2007..Differentiated thyroid cancer has a good prognosis and only rarely presents with distant metastasis at diagnosis. The clinical outcome of this presentation was assessed with respect to survival and factors that may determine prognosis...
- Stereotactic 125iodine brachytherapy for the treatment of singular brain metastases: closing a gap?Maximilian I Ruge
Department of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, Albertus Magnus University of Cologne, Otto v Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Neurosurgery 68:1209-18; discussion 1218-9. 2011..Brain metastases represent the most common intracranial tumors and are associated with very poor prognosis...
- Glucose transporter 1 expression, tumor proliferation, and iodine/glucose uptake in thyroid cancer with emphasis on poorly differentiated thyroid carcinomaFlorian Grabellus
Institute of Pathology and Neuropathology, University Hospital of Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Clin Nucl Med 37:121-7. 2012..We investigated the relationship among GLUT1 expression, proliferation, iodine concentration, and glucose uptake in different TC types, with emphasis on "poorly differentiated thyroid carcinoma" (PDTC)...
- In vivo sodium iodide symporter gene therapy of prostate cancerC Spitzweg
Department of Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gene Ther 8:1524-31. 2001....
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors restore radioiodide uptake and retention in poorly differentiated and anaplastic thyroid cancer cells by expression of the sodium/iodide symporter thyroperoxidase and thyroglobulinFumihiko Furuya
Professor and Chairman, Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Tamaho, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Endocrinology 145:2865-75. 2004..Together, our results suggest that HDACI-induced expression of thyroid-specific genes, some of which is mediated by some protein synthesis, may contribute to development of novel strategy against thyroid cancer...
- A dual-targeting anticancer approach: soil and seed principleJunjie Li
Department of Radiology, University of Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, Leuven 3000, Belgium
Radiology 260:799-807. 2011..To test the hypothesis that targeting the microenvironment (soil) may effectively kill cancer cells (seeds) through a small-molecular weight sequential dual-targeting theragnostic strategy, or dual-targeting approach...
- Ablation with low-dose radioiodine and thyrotropin alfa in thyroid cancerUjjal Mallick
Northern Centre for Cancer Care, Freeman Hospital, Level 4, Freeman Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE7 7DN United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 366:1674-85. 2012....
- Noninvasive imaging and radiovirotherapy of prostate cancer using an oncolytic measles virus expressing the sodium iodide symporterPavlos Msaouel
Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Mol Ther 17:2041-8. 2009..The NIS transgene allows viral localization and monitoring by noninvasive imaging which can facilitate dose optimization in a clinical setting...
- Receptor-mediated endocytosis of α-galactosidase A in human podocytes in Fabry diseaseThaneas Prabakaran
Section of Cell Biology, Department of Anatomy, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
PLoS ONE 6:e25065. 2011....
- Molecular optical imaging with radioactive probesHongguang Liu
Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford, Department of Radiology and Bio X Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9470. 2010..These techniques generally require bioluminescent and fluorescent probes. Here we demonstrate the feasibility of using radioactive probes for in vivo molecular OI...
- Targeting of renal cell carcinoma with iodine-131-labeled chimeric monoclonal antibody G250M G Steffens
Department of Urology, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 15:1529-37. 1997....
- A cohort study of thyroid cancer and other thyroid diseases after the chornobyl accident: thyroid cancer in Ukraine detected during first screeningMykola D Tronko
Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Kyiv, Ukraine
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:897-903. 2006..Here we report the results of the first cohort study of thyroid cancer among those exposed as children and adolescents following the Chornobyl accident...
- Guidelines for radioiodine therapy of differentiated thyroid cancerM Luster
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:1941-59. 2008....
- I-131 dose response for incident thyroid cancers in Ukraine related to the Chornobyl accidentAlina V Brenner
Radiation Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7238, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:933-9. 2011..Current knowledge about Chornobyl-related thyroid cancer risks comes from ecological studies based on grouped doses, case-control studies, and studies of prevalent cancers...
- Insertion of the human sodium iodide symporter to facilitate deep tissue imaging does not alter oncolytic or replication capability of a novel vaccinia virusDana Haddad
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg D 97074, Germany
J Transl Med 9:36. 2011..This study aimed to determine if insertion of the human sodium iodide symporter (hNIS) cDNA as a marker for non-invasive imaging of virotherapy alters the replication and oncolytic capability of a novel vaccinia virus, GLV-1h153...
- Dosimetric comparison of pre-planned and or-planned prostate seed brachytherapyD A Wilkinson
Department of Radiation Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 48:1241-4. 2000..Computer generated treatment plans were used in both procedures...
- PSA kinetics and PSA bounce following permanent seed prostate brachytherapyJuanita Crook
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:426-33. 2007..To report the incidence, timing, and magnitude of the benign prostate-specific antigen (PSA) bounce after 125I prostate brachytherapy and correlate the bounce with clinical and/or dosimetric factors...
- Limited resection for non-small cell lung cancer: observed local control with implantation of I-125 brachytherapy seedsWinnie Lee
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Radiation Oncology, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:237-42; discussion 242-3. 2003..This retrospective study evaluates the impact of implanting radioactive iodine-125 (125I) seeds along the resection margin in these patients...
- Engineered measles virus as a novel oncolytic viral therapy system for hepatocellular carcinomaBoris Blechacz
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hepatology 44:1465-77. 2006..MV-Edm expressing CEA or hNIS elicited oncolytic effects in human HCC cell lines in vitro and in vivo, enabling the spread of the virus to be monitored in a noninvasive manner...
- Dual therapy of ovarian cancer using measles viruses expressing carcinoembryonic antigen and sodium iodide symporterKosei Hasegawa
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1868-75. 2006..Because of the unfavorable replication kinetics of measles viruses expressing both CEA and NIS, we explored the feasibility of combining MV-CEA with MV-NIS for comprehensive virotherapy monitoring in ovarian cancer...
- Adenovirus-mediated transfer of the thyroid sodium/iodide symporter gene into tumors for a targeted radiotherapyA Boland
UMR1582 CNRS IGR Rhône Poulenc, Villejuif, France
Cancer Res 60:3484-92. 2000..Altogether, these data indicate that AdNIS is very efficient in triggering significant iodide uptake by a tumor, outlining the potential of this novel cancer gene therapy approach for a targeted radiotherapy...
- Histopathologic characterization of radioactive iodine-refractory fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography-positive thyroid carcinomaMichael Rivera
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer 113:48-56. 2008..However, to the authors' knowledge, the histology of FDG-PET-positive RAIR metastatic thyroid carcinoma has not been described to date...
- Non-invasive detection and quantification of acute myocardial infarction in rabbits using mono-[123I]iodohypericin microSPECTHumphrey Fonge
Laboratory for Radiopharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, K U Leuven, O and N 2, Box 821, Herestraat 49, BE 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur Heart J 29:260-9. 2008....
- HyperthyroidismDavid S Cooper
Division of Endocrinology, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, MD 21215 5271, USA
Lancet 362:459-68. 2003..The more unusual causes of hyperthyroidism, including struma ovarii, thyrotropin-secreting tumours, choriocarcinoma, and amiodarone-induced thyrotoxicosis are, more often than not, a challenge to diagnose and treat...
- Alpha-fetoprotein promoter-targeted sodium iodide symporter gene therapy of hepatocellular carcinomaM J Willhauck
Department of Internal Medicine II, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Gene Ther 15:214-23. 2008..This study demonstrates the potential of tumor-specific NIS gene therapy as an innovative treatment strategy for HCC...
- Radioiodinated versus radiometal-labeled anti-carcinoembryonic antigen single-chain Fv-Fc antibody fragments: optimal pharmacokinetics for therapyVania Kenanova
Division of Molecular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Department of Radioimmunotherapy, Duarte, CA, USA
Cancer Res 67:718-26. 2007..Finally, the 125I/111In biodistribution data allowed for dose estimations, which suggest the 131I-labeled scFv-Fc H310A/H435Q as a promising candidate for radioimmunotherapy...
- Real-time prognosis for metastatic thyroid carcinoma based on 2-[18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose-positron emission tomography scanningRichard J Robbins
Department of Medicine, Memorial Hospital for Cancer and Allied Diseases, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:498-505. 2006..We hypothesized that the metabolic activity of metastatic lesions, as defined by retention of 2-[(18)F]fluoro-2-deoxyglucose (FDG), would correlate with prognosis...
- Outcomes of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma following initial therapyJacqueline Jonklaas
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Thyroid 16:1229-42. 2006..We were unable to show any impact, positive or negative, of specific therapies in stage I patients...
- Selective targeting of tumoral vasculature: comparison of different formats of an antibody (L19) to the ED-B domain of fibronectinLaura Borsi
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genoa, Italy
Int J Cancer 102:75-85. 2002..Furthermore, the fact that ED-B is 100% homologous in human and mouse, which ensures that L19 reacts equally well with the human and the murine antigen, should expedite the transfer of these reagents to clinical trials...
- Radiation dose to family members of hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer patients treated with 131IG S Pant
Department of Nuclear Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 118:22-7. 2006..0 mSv (mean 0.8 mSv). The thyroid monitoring was also done in 103 family members who attended the patients in isolation wards for >2 d. Thyroid dose in them ranged from 0 to 2.5 mGy (mean 0.1 mGy)...
- Biologically effective dose values for prostate brachytherapy: effects on PSA failure and posttreatment biopsy resultsRichard G Stock
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:527-33. 2006..To analyze the effect of biologically effective dose (BED) values on prostate-specific antigen (PSA) failure and posttreatment biopsy...
- Studies on the production and quality assurance of miniature (125)I radioactive sources suitable for treatment of ocular and prostate cancersS K Saxena
Therapeutic and Reference Sources Section, Radiopharmaceuticals Division, RLG, BARC, Mumbai 400 085, India
Appl Radiat Isot 64:441-7. 2006..The surface contamination on the sealed capsules was found to be<0.05 nCi or 1.85 Bq per source. The sources were used in the treatment of a child having retinoblastoma...
- Pathological impairments induced by interstitial implantation of 125I seeds in spinal canal of banna mini-pigsZuozhang Yang
Department of Orthopaedics, Kunming General Hospital of Chengdu Military Command, Kunming, Yunnan 650118, PR China
World J Surg Oncol 10:48. 2012..Use a banna mini-pig to set up 125I implantation model, and investigate the consequence of radiation-related impairments...
- Dedifferentiation of differentiated thyroid carcinoma cell line FTC-133 is enhanced by 131I pretreatmentFang Feng
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Xin Hua Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Nucl Med Biol 38:1053-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of (131)I radiation on radioiodine uptake (RAIU) and the expression of thyroid-specific molecules...
- Radioiodine scintigraphy with SPECT/CT: an important diagnostic tool for thyroid cancer staging and risk stratificationAnca M Avram
Division of Nuclear Medicine Radiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5028, USA
J Nucl Med 53:754-64. 2012....
- 15-Year biochemical relapse free survival in clinical Stage T1-T3 prostate cancer following combined external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy; Seattle experienceJohn E Sylvester
Seattle Prostate Institute, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:57-64. 2007..Long-term biochemical relapse-free survival (BRFS) rates in patients with clinical Stages T1-T3 prostate cancer continue to be scrutinized after treatment with external beam radiation therapy and brachytherapy...
- Ultrasensitive serum thyroglobulin measurement is useful for the follow-up of patients treated with total thyroidectomy without radioactive iodine ablationC Nascimento
Departments of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrine Oncology
Eur J Endocrinol 169:689-93. 2013....
- Undetectable thyroglobulin in patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma and residual radioiodine uptake on a postablation whole-body scanLuca Giovanella
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Thyroid Centre, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Clin Nucl Med 36:109-12. 2011..To assess the impact of laboratory interferences and pitfalls in producing falsely undetectable Tg in differentiated thyroid carcinoma (DTC) patients with residual iodine-avid thyroid tissue on a posttreatment whole-body scan (PT-WBS)...
- Long-term surveillance of papillary thyroid cancer patients who do not undergo postoperative radioiodine remnant ablation: is there a role for serum thyroglobulin measurement?Cosimo Durante
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Specialità Medica, Universita di Roma Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2748-53. 2012..However, the postsurgical profile of Tg levels has never been specifically investigated in patients who do not undergo radioiodine remnant ablation (RRA)...
- Immunohistochemical profile of the sodium/iodide symporter in thyroid, breast, and other carcinomas using high density tissue microarrays and conventional sectionsIrene L Wapnir
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5655, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1880-8. 2003..Elucidating the regulatory mechanisms that render NIS functional in extrathyroidal carcinomas may make (131)I therapy feasible...
- Recombinant human thyrotropin (rhTSH) aided radioiodine treatment for residual or metastatic differentiated thyroid cancerChao Ma
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Affiliated Hospital of Medical College Qingdao University, Jiangsu Road 16, Qingdao, Shandong Province, China, 266003
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11:CD008302. 2010..However, the efficacy of rhTSH-aided iodine-131 treatment for residual or metastatic DTC has not been prospectively assessed...
- Oncolytic measles virus encoding thyroidal sodium iodide symporter for squamous cell cancer of the head and neck radiovirotherapyHongtao Li
Mayo Clinic Department of Molecular Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Gene Ther 23:295-301. 2012..MV-NIS could be a promising new anticancer agent that may substantially enhance the outcomes of standard therapy after intratumoral administration in patients with locally advanced SCCHN...
- Sodium iodide symporter (NIS)-mediated radiovirotherapy for pancreatic cancerAlan R Penheiter
Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 195:341-9. 2010..The goal of this study was to determine the synergy between MV-NIS-induced oncolysis and NIS-mediated (131)I radiotherapy in this tumor model...
- The next generation of positron emission tomography radiopharmaceuticals in oncologySamuel L Rice
Radiochemistry Service, Department of Radiology and Program in Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
Semin Nucl Med 41:265-82. 2011....
- Radioiodine for remnant ablation and therapy of metastatic diseaseChristoph Reiners
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Wurzburg, Oberdürrbacher Straße 6, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Nat Rev Endocrinol 7:589-95. 2011....
- Licensee over-reliance on conservatisms in NRC guidance regarding the release of patients treated with 131IJeffry A Siegel
Nuclear Physics Enterprises, Marlton, NJ, USA
Health Phys 93:667-77. 2007..We maintain that professionals evaluating compliance with the NRC requirements for patient release, pursuant to 10 CFR 35.75, should use the procedures presented here and not rely automatically on the NUREG...
- A one-pot three-component radiochemical reaction for rapid assembly of 125I-labeled molecular probesRan Yan
Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Department of Chemistry, University College London, 235 Euston Road T 5, London NW1 2BU, UK
J Am Chem Soc 135:703-9. 2013....
- Undetectable sensitive serum thyroglobulin (<0.1 ng/ml) in 163 patients with follicular cell-derived thyroid cancer: results of rhTSH stimulation and neck ultrasonography and long-term biochemical and clinical follow-upA M Chindris
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2714-23. 2012..Surveillance of patients with differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC) is achieved using serum thyroglobulin (Tg), neck ultrasonography (US), and recombinant human TSH (rhTSH)-stimulated Tg (Tg-stim)...
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS) recommendations for transperineal permanent brachytherapy of prostate cancerS Nag
Prostate Brachytherapy Quality Assurance Group, Clinical Research Committee, American Brachytherapy Society, Reston, VA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 44:789-99. 1999..To develop and disseminate the American Brachytherapy Society (ABS) recommendations for the clinical quality assurance and guidelines of permanent transperineal prostate brachytherapy with 125I or 103Pd...
- Elevated striatal dopamine transporters during acute cocaine abstinence as measured by [123I] beta-CIT SPECTR T Malison
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:832-4. 1998..The authors examined whether striatal dopamine transporters were altered in acutely (96 hours or less) abstinent cocaine-abusing subjects, as suggested by postmortem studies...
- Assessment of the efficacy and toxicity of (131)I-metaiodobenzylguanidine therapy for metastatic neuroendocrine tumoursA C Nwosu
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Br J Cancer 98:1053-8. 2008..131)I-MIBG therefore improved symptoms in more than half of the patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumours and survival was increased in those patients who reported a symptomatic response to therapy...
- Time course of prostatic edema post permanent seed implant determined by magnetic resonance imagingRon S Sloboda
Department of Medical Physics, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Brachytherapy 9:354-61. 2010..To quantify the time course of postimplant prostatic edema magnitude and spatial isotropy using serial magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Urethra-sparing, intraoperative, real-time planned, permanent-seed prostate brachytherapy: toxicity analysisThomas Zilli
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal Hôpital Notre Dame, Montreal, QC, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:e377-83. 2011..To report the toxicity outcome in patients with localized prostate cancer undergoing (125)I permanent-seed brachytherapy (BT) according to a urethra-sparing, intraoperative (IO), real-time planned conformal technique...
- Combined I-124 positron emission tomography/computed tomography imaging of NIS gene expression in animal models of stably transfected and intravenously transfected tumorDavid Dingli
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 8:16-23. 2006..We evaluated the potential of I-124 positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) imaging in gene therapy animal models utilizing the sodium iodide symporter (NIS) and compared the findings to I-123 gamma camera imaging...
- Surgical resection and permanent iodine-125 brachytherapy for brain metastasesKim Huang
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Room L 08, San Francisco, CA, 94143 0226, USA
J Neurooncol 91:83-93. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of surgical resection and permanent iodine-125 brachytherapy without adjuvant whole brain radiation therapy (WBRT) for brain metastases...
- Recombinant human TSH increases the efficacy of a fixed activity of radioiodine for treatment of multinodular goitreE R Cubas
SEMPR Serviço de Endocrinologia e Metabologia da Universidade Federal do Paraná, Curitiba, Brazil
Int J Clin Pract 63:583-90. 2009..Recombinant human thyroid-stimulating hormone (rhTSH) is an adjuvant to enhance (131)I uptake, allowing a decrease in radiation activity and enhancing (131)I efficacy...
- Influence of iodine-131 dose on the outcome of hyperthyroidism in childrenScott A Rivkees
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8081, USA
Pediatrics 111:745-9. 2003..The objective of this study was to examine the relationship between the dose of iodine-131 in children with hyperthyroidism and thyroid status 1 year after treatment...
- The role of microglia/macrophage system in the tissue response to I-125 interstitial brachytherapy of cerebral gliomasJeno Julow
Department of Neurosurgery, St John s Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Neurol Res 29:233-8. 2007..To study histopathologic changes and the role of the microglia/macrophage cell in the therapeutic effect of I-125 interstitial brachytherapy on the cerebral gliomas...
- A permanent breast seed implant as partial breast radiation therapy for early-stage patients: a comparison of palladium-103 and iodine-125 isotopes based on radiation safety considerationsBrian Keller
Department of Medical Physics, Sunnybrook and Women s Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:358-65. 2005..This study compares iodine-125 ((125)I) and palladium-103 ((103)Pd) isotopes by examining the exposure and effective dose (ED) to a patient's partner...
- Treatment of metastatic spinal tumors by percutaneous vertebroplasty versus percutaneous vertebroplasty combined with interstitial implantation of 125I seedsZuozhang Yang
Department of Orthopedics, Tumor Hospital of Yunnan Province, Third Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College, Kunming, Yunnan, P R China
Acta Radiol 50:1142-8. 2009..To avoid the trauma and complications of open surgery, a minimally invasive procedure, percutaneous vertebroplasty (PVP), has recently been developed to treat metastatic spinal tumors...
- Iodine-131-metaiodobenzylguanidine therapy with reduced-intensity allogeneic stem cell transplantation in recurrent neuroblastomaHiroka Takahashi
Department of Pediatrics, St Luke s International Hospital, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:676-8. 2008..Neither acute nor chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) was observed. The patient remained in remission for 3 months after RIST until the second relapse. MIBG therapy combined with RIST warrants further trials...
- Effective radiovirotherapy for malignant gliomas by using oncolytic measles virus strains encoding the sodium iodide symporter (MV-NIS)Mateusz Opyrchal
Department of Oncology, Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Gene Ther 23:419-27. 2012..0003) and orthotopic (p=0.004) glioblastoma models. In conclusion, MV-NIS-based radiovirotherapy has significant antitumor activity against glioblastoma multiforme and represents a promising candidate for clinical translation...
- Thyrotoxicosis due to functioning metastatic follicular thyroid carcinoma after twelve I-131 therapiesJian Tan
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Clin Nucl Med 34:615-9. 2009..Presurgical PET/CT also demonstrated the massiveness of the pelvic metastases. Thyrotoxicosis disappeared after surgical removal of the pelvic lesion...
- Induction of thyroid gene expression and radioiodine uptake in thyroid cancer cells by targeting major signaling pathwaysPeng Hou
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 East Monument Street, Suite 333, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:820-8. 2010..Radioiodine ablation is commonly used to treat thyroid cancer, but a major challenge is often the loss of radioiodine avidity of the cancer caused by aberrant silencing of iodide-handling genes...
- Accuracy and conformity of stereotactically guided interstitial brain tumour therapy using I-125 seedsHarald Treuer
Department of Stereotaxy and Functional Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Radiother Oncol 77:202-9. 2005..To assess the accuracy of the stereotactic implantation procedure of catheters containing I-125 seeds in brain tumours and investigate the effect of catheter deviations on the dose distribution in patients...
- Construction of an MUC-1 promoter driven, conditionally replicating adenovirus that expresses the sodium iodide symporter for gene therapy of breast cancerMiguel A Trujillo
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, Nutrition, Mayo Clinic Rochester, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Breast Cancer Res 11:R53. 2009....
- Gain of chromosome band 7q11 in papillary thyroid carcinomas of young patients is associated with exposure to low-dose irradiationJulia Hess
Research Unit of Radiation Cytogenetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health GmbH, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9595-600. 2011....
- Second primary malignancy risk after radioactive iodine treatment for thyroid cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisAnna M Sawka
Division of Endocrinology and Department of Medicine, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thyroid 19:451-7. 2009..Our objective was to determine if the risk of SPMs is increased in individuals with thyroid cancer treated with radioactive iodine (RAI), compared to those not treated with RAI...
- Endovascular placement of iodine-125 seed strand and stent combined with chemoembolization for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma with tumor thrombus in main portal veinJianjun Luo
Department of Radiology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, No 180 Fenglin Road, Shanghai, CN 200032, China
J Vasc Interv Radiol 22:479-89. 2011..To study the safety and feasibility of endovascular placement of an iodine-125 ((125)I) seed strand and stent combined with chemoembolization to treat hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with tumor thrombus in the main portal vein (MPV)...
- PET/SPECT/CT Camera for Small Animal Imaging at UMMSDonald Hnatowich; Fiscal Year: 2007..for higher intrinsic resolution, 99mTc, the most useful radionuclide in diagnostic nuclear medicine, and iodine radioisotopes (125I and 123I) critical for emerging in vivo proteomics research...
- MIBG ANALOGUE RADIOPHARMACEUTICALSGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Strategies to augment tumor-to-normal tissue ratios will be investigated. The outcome of this study should help improve the endoradiotherapy of neuroendocrine tumors and possibly of medulloblastoma. ..
- Imaging of O6-Alkylguanine-DNA AlkyltransferaseGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, this proposal seeks to determine whether the development of a suitable agent for the imaging of tumor AGT will facilitate chemotherapy planning, thereby improving the outcome of alkylator chemotherapy. ..
- A1-ADENOSINE RECEPTOR ACTION IN HIPPOCAMPUSScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate these studies will lead to new insights into the mechanisms of A1AR action. We also anticipate that these studies will identify A1ARs as an important regulator of axon growth. ..
- A-1 Adenosine Receptor Action in Developing HeartScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these studies will identify Rho and ROCK as critical signaling molecules in heart development and reveal that cardiac GTPase activity transduces the effects of adenosine. ..
- The Role of Adenosine in Hypoglycemic Brain InjuryScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate that these studies will yield new insights into the mechanisms of hypoglycemic brain injury and may lead to the development of practical strategies for reducing hypoglycemic brain injury. ..
- Radioactive Iodide Therapy of Pediatric Graves' DiseaseScott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CB1 Receptor Action on the Developing HippocampusScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these studies will result in new insights into the potential effects of cannabinoid action on the developing brain. ..
- Adenosinergic Mechanisms of Intrauterine Growth RetardationScott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goals of this proposal are to identify the mechanisms by which adenosine acts to protect the embryo in utero and how altered embryonic adenosine action leads to long-term adverse effects in adulthood. ..
- Anti-Adenosine Therapy of Neonatal Brain InjuryScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is anticipated that these studies will lead to novel and practical strategies for directly preventing brain injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEVELOPING CIRCADIAN RHYTHMICITYScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may also lead to the development of new care practices in Neonatal Intensive Care Units and extend the field of developmental chronobiology to the bedside. ..
- Vaccine therapy of congenital adrenal HyperplasiaScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also anticipate being able to extend this novel approach to the treatment of other receptor-mediated endocrine disorders, such as hyperthyroidism. ..
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transport of TNFalpha across the BBBWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2008..These transporters could be novel drug targets and therefore provide promising therapeutic potential. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transport of neurotrophic cytokines after spinal cord injuryWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the mechanisms of cytokine transport at this regulatory interface would help in the design of new approaches to treat SCI. ..
- Targeted Alpha-Particle Emitter Therapy of MetastasesGeorge Sgouros; Fiscal Year: 2009..The work described in this application is intended to develop and evaluate such an approach. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of CD20+ Lymphomas & CD45+LeukemiasJOHN PAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MODELING AND DOSIMETRY FOR RADIOLABELED ANTIBODY THERAPYGeorge Sgouros; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- TREATMENT FOR ALCHOLISM: A PRIMATE MODELKELLY COSGROVE; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, the effects of bremazocine and naltrexone on ethanol self-administration as a function of sex will be investigated. ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwardJacqueline Jonklaas; Fiscal Year: 2006..A new sustained release product, which results in steady triiodothyronine levels, will furnish more physiologic replacement. This will be tested against treatment with levothyroxine, and levothyroxine and triiodothyronine. ..
- Decision Support Systems for MAG3 RenographyAndrew Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiovascular Consequences of Thyroid DysfunctionElizabeth Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pearce's career as an independent academic clinical investigator with a focus on thyroid disease and epidemiology. ..
- Brca1 Deletion in Murine Cells and Mammary TissueMARCIA BROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF TC-99M RENAL TUBULAR AGENTSAndrew Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- Non-invasive beta-cell imaging using a Ga-68-labeled glucagone-like peptide-1 anaMartin Gotthardt; Fiscal Year: 2008..Apart from proof-of-principle studies in healthy volunteers and diabetes type I and II patients, a dosimetric method will be established to simply and reliably quantify beta-cell mass by PET imaging. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 131 I-MIBG Escalating Dose Rapid Sequence Double Infusi*Katherine Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2004..Significance: The higher tumor-specific radiation doses possible with this protocol may provide a treatment to improve response and survival in children with resistant neuroblastoma. ..
- REAL-TIME FLUORESCENCE-ACTIVATED RENAL MONITORCARLOS RABITO; Fiscal Year: 2002..proposed commercial application: not available ..
- CHILDRENS CANCER GROUPKatherine Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our strong biology research laboratories in brain tumors, neuroblastoma and myeloproliferative disorders are conducting multiple biology studies in the Group and providing new information for future studies. ..
- EFFECTS OF NONUNIFORM DISTRIBUTIONS OF RADIOACTIVITYRoger Howell; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, to initiate transition of our multicellular dosimetry approach to in vivo, we will carry out bystander studies in mouse testis. ..
- Thyrotropin Receptor Auto Antibodies in Graves' OphthalmopathyRebecca S Bahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies will yield information concerning mechanisms involved in disease development, and will determine the effectiveness of a novel approach to therapy. ..
- Nitogen reduction and xenobiotic responseLauren A Trepanier; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of these studies is to find better ways to prevent these adverse reactions. ..
- Prostate Edema in Permanent Interstitial BrachytherapyZhe Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The primary objective of this project is to develop a new method to consider the effects of edema in radiation dosimetry and treatment planning so that the efficacy of this therapy can be optimized for each patient. ..
- STEREOCHEMICAL ASPECTS OF HALLUCINOGENESISDavid Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may lead to a rat model of schizophrenia that could be very useful in developing and understanding new types of antipsychotic agents. ..
- Phosphorylation and Regulation of Dopamine TransportersRoxanne A Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Emory Molecular and Translational Imaging CenterCarolyn Meltzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Abnormality manipulation for tomographic imaging perception researchMark Madsen; Fiscal Year: 2009..By making these abnormality manipulation tools available, this project will enable more and better research to reduce or eliminate diagnostic error, thereby improving public health. ..
- Cyclotron for biomedical researchChaitanya Divgi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Thyroid Hormone Receptor Isoform-Specific ActionsGregory Brent; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Functional activation during cerebral ischemiaJoel H Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..The use of functional stimulation as treatment for stroke has obvious translational potential. ..
- MONTE CARLO SIMULATION OF HIGH ENERGY PHOTON IMAGINGYuni Dewaraja; Fiscal Year: 2001..Apart from quantification, this work will have applications in the design of future imaging systems for high energy photons. ..
- STN STIMULATION--DA TRANSPORTERS & OUTCOME IN PARKINSON'Andrew Newberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will provide that data while pursuing a long-term goal of developing a more effective and economical method for objectively assessing the outcome of an new treatment. ..
- NEW BCAS FOR RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY WITH RADIOMETALSDonald Buchsbaum; Fiscal Year: 2001..The experiments described in this application will provide answers to these questions. These studies would establish the rationale for human clinical RIT trials in patients with Jp. cancer using HuCC49ACH2. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of opportunistic infectionsEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will also provide some understanding of the fundamentals of interactions between microorganisms and antibodies radiolabeled with particulate-emitting radioisotopes in vitro and in vivo. ..
- GUSTATORY REWARD AND DOPAMINE IN THE NUCLEUS ACCUMBENSAndras Hajnal; Fiscal Year: 2003..This knowledge is directly relevant to understanding the control of normal ingestive behavior and to the maladies related to this essential behavior, such as obesity, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. ..
- Rhenium-188 therapy of NIS-expressing breast tumorsEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of this research is to contribute to the development of a novel cost-effective radionuclide therapy for treatment of breast cancer and, possibly, for other NIS-expressing cancers such as thyroid cancer. ..
- Optical Resources for Molecular Imaging CenterJames Bading; Fiscal Year: 2003..PET techniques developed in preclinical studies with the support of optical imaging should translate more or less directly into clinical applications. ..
- MODULATION OF NEUROTRANSMITTER RELEASE BY CANNABINOIDSAndrew Gifford; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, these experiments will give information on the mode of action of cannabinoid antagonists and could suggest novel therapeutic uses for this new class of compounds. ..
- INDICES OF BIOTIN NUTRITIONDonald Mock; Fiscal Year: 2001..4) Whether biotin deficiency of similar severity to that observed either early or late in human gestation causes increased rates of fetal malformation in the mouse. 5) The enzyme(s) responsible for biotin beta-oxidation. ..
- MONOCYTE SUBSETS AND AIDS DEMENTIAD Pulliam; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Development of Novel Fluorinated Amino AcidsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Affinity Labeling the Dopamine Transporter Active SiteRoxanne Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The similarity of DAT to the norepinephrine and serotonin transporters presents the potential for these studies to be applicable to these other transporters. ..
- Fourth NEI Symposium on the Epidemiology of Eye Diseases and Vision DisordersBarbara Hawkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..Guest editors from the Planning Committee will be responsible for peer review and other scientific editorial tasks for manuscripts submitted for publication in the special issue of the journal. ..
- Treating CNS malignancies with 131-I-8H9Kim Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Siemens Symbia T SPECT-CT ScannerAndrew Newberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall, this scanner will become a major tool for our present and future research programs with a focus on brain SPECT imaging, but also the potential to include many other types of studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MoAbs for the Management of Pancreatic CancerDavid Gold; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, a PAM4IL2 fusion protein will be examined for its ability to enhance tumor uptake of a subsequently administered radiolabeled PAM4 antibody. ..
- Thyroid Disease in People Exposed to Radioactive FalloutJOSEPH LYON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Abstract not provided ..
- Ischemia Induced Plasticity - Implications for TherapyJoel Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..Strategies for altering reorganization of blood flow and metabolism that will be examined include administration of pharmacological agents and stromal cell, as well as targeted sensory augmentation. ..
- Flavopiridol Targets Transcription Factor/DNA ComplexesKeith Bible; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Flavopiridol as a Potential Therapy in Multiple MyelomaKeith Bible; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of proposed studies will improve understanding of the effects and mechanism(s) of action of flavopiridol in myeloma cells, thereby potentially contributing to the further clinical development of the drug. ..
- A3 Adenosine Receptors Cardioprotective MechanismsJohn Auchampach; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of theses studies should also provide new insights into the therapeutic utility of targeting A3ARs in patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- PATHOGENESIS AND THERAPY OF AUTOIMMUNE THYROID DISEASELESLIE DE GROOT; Fiscal Year: 2007..R .G. Phelps, who will analyze TSH-R epitopes which we elute from DR3 molecules, Dr. W. Kwok, who will provide DR3 tetramers, and with Dr. M. Ludgate on the model of Graves' disease. ..
- Dermatopharmacokinetics: In Vivo Analysis of SolventsKarla Thrall; Fiscal Year: 2005..To evaluate the kinetics and dermal bioavailability of ethylbenzene, styrene, and toluene vapor using F344 rats. ..