Genomes and Genes
Summary: Unstable isotopes of carbon that decay or disintegrate emitting radiation. C atoms with atomic weights 10, 11, and 14-16 are radioactive carbon isotopes.
Publications342 found, 100 shown here
- Therapy strategies for locally advanced adenoid cystic carcinomas using modern radiation therapy techniquesDaniela Schulz-Ertner
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer 104:338-44. 2005....
- In vivo imaging of microglial activation with [11C](R)-PK11195 PET in idiopathic Parkinson's diseaseAlexander Gerhard
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre and Division of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Neurobiol Dis 21:404-12. 2006..The absence of significant longitudinal changes suggests that microglia are activated early in the disease process, and levels then remain relatively static, possibly driving the disease via cytokine release...
- Post-mortem correlates of in vivo PiB-PET amyloid imaging in a typical case of Alzheimer's diseaseMilos D Ikonomovic
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Brain 131:1630-45. 2008..The strong direct correlation of in vivo PiB retention with region-matched quantitative analyses of Abeta plaques in the same subject supports the validity of PiB-PET imaging as a method for in vivo evaluation of Abeta plaque burden...
- Amphetamine-induced dopamine release: markedly blunted in cocaine dependence and predictive of the choice to self-administer cocaineDiana Martinez
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:622-9. 2007..Furthermore, the relationship between this dopamine response and the choice to self-administer cocaine in a laboratory model of relapse was investigated...
- [11C]PIB in a nondemented population: potential antecedent marker of Alzheimer diseaseM A Mintun
Department of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Neurology 67:446-52. 2006..The authors used this imaging technique to investigate whether abnormal binding occurs in clinically normal individuals, prior to the development of cognitive changes...
- Depressed dopamine activity in caudate and preliminary evidence of limbic involvement in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderNora D Volkow
National Institute on Drug Abuse, 6001 Executive Blvd, Room 5274, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:932-40. 2007..There is considerable evidence that brain dopamine is involved in ADHD, but it is unclear whether dopamine activity is enhanced or depressed...
- In-vivo measurement of activated microglia in dementiaA Cagnin
MRC Cyclotron Unit, Imperial College, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Neuroscience and Psychological Medicince, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Lancet 358:461-7. 2001..INTERPRETATION: In-vivo detection of increased [11C](R)-PK11195 binding in Alzheimer-type dementia, including mild and early forms, suggests that microglial activation is an early event in the pathogenesis of the disease...
- Forensics: age written in teeth by nuclear testsKirsty L Spalding
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Nature 437:333-4. 2005..Age is determined to within 1.6 years, whereas the commonly used morphological evaluation of skeletal remains and tooth wear is sensitive to within 5-10 years in adults...
- Retrospective birth dating of cells in humansKirsty L Spalding
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Cell 122:133-43. 2005..Retrospective birth dating is a generally applicable strategy that can be used to measure cell turnover in man under physiological and pathological conditions...
- Evolution of microglial activation in patients after ischemic stroke: a [11C](R)-PK11195 PET studyAlexander Gerhard
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre and Department of Neuropathology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Neuroimage 24:591-5. 2005..Our data suggest that [11C](R)-PK11195 PET can be used to investigate both the primary lesion and remote pathological changes following Wallerian degeneration...
- Synthesis of 11C, 18F, 15O, and 13N radiolabels for positron emission tomographyPhilip W Miller
Department of Chemistry, Imperial College London, South Kensington, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:8998-9033. 2008..This Review highlights key aspects of the synthesis of PET radiotracers with the short-lived positron-emitting radionuclides (11)C, (18)F, (15)O, and (13)N, with emphasis on the most recent strategies...
- Radiocarbon dating of the human eye lens crystallines reveal proteins without carbon turnover throughout lifeNiels Lynnerup
Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 3:e1529. 2008..Since the change in concentration is significant even on a yearly basis this allows very accurate dating...
- Serotonin transporter binding as a possible predictor of one-year remission in major depressive disorderJeffrey M Miller
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 42, New York, NY, United States
J Psychiatr Res 42:1137-44. 2008..We assessed baseline 5-HTT binding as a predictor of one-year remission from a MDE, examining binding in brain regions implicated in the pathophysiology of major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Lower serotonin transporter binding potential in the human brain during major depressive episodesRamin V Parsey
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:52-8. 2006..On the basis of postmortem and imaging studies, the authors hypothesized that subjects with major depressive disorder in a major depressive episode have fewer serotonin transporter sites, compared with healthy subjects...
- Radiolabeled amino acids: basic aspects and clinical applications in oncologyP L Jager
Department of Nuclear Medicine, PET Center, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 42:432-45. 2001..The general feasibility of amino acid imaging in other tumor types has sufficiently been shown, but more research is required in larger patient series and in well-defined clinical settings...
- Influence of functional haplotypes in the drug transporter gene ABCB1 on central nervous system drug distribution in humansMartin Brunner
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Institute of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Vienna, Austria
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:182-90. 2005....
- Noninvasive imaging of macrophages in rheumatoid synovitis using 11C-(R)-PK11195 and positron emission tomographyConny J van der Laken
VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 58:3350-5. 2008..We undertook this study to investigate whether rheumatoid synovitis can be visualized by PET using the tracer 11C-(R)-PK11195, which binds to peripheral benzodiazepine receptors (PBRs) on macrophages...
- Evaluation of dopamine D₂/₃ specific binding in the cerebellum for the positron emission tomography radiotracer [¹¹C]FLB 457: implications for measuring cortical dopamine releaseRajesh Narendran
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Synapse 65:991-7. 2011..Nevertheless, caution is advised when using reference tissue methods that rely solely on the cerebellum signal as an input function to quantify [¹¹C]FLB 457 BP(ND)...
- Use of [11C]choline PET-CT as a noninvasive method for detecting pelvic lymph node status from prostate cancer and relationship with choline kinase expressionKaiyumars Contractor
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 17:7673-83. 2011..To evaluate the accuracy and biological basis for [(11)C]choline-PET-CT in the nodal staging of high risk localized prostate cancer patients...
- Initial evaluation of 11C-DPA-713, a novel TSPO PET ligand, in humansChristopher J Endres
Division of Neuroradiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Nucl Med 50:1276-82. 2009..Here, we report the first examination of (11)C-DPA-713 in human subjects using PET...
- In vivo imaging of neuroinflammation in the rodent brain with [11C]SSR180575, a novel indoleacetamide radioligand of the translocator protein (18 kDa)Fabien Chauveau
Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA, DSV, I BM, Orsay, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:509-14. 2011..The indoleacetamide-derived 7-chloro-N,N,5-trimethyl-4-oxo-3-phenyl-3,5-dihydro-4H-pyridazino[4,5-b]indole-1-acetamide, SSR180575, is a selective high-affinity TSPO ligand in human and rodents with neuroprotective effects...
- [11C](R)-PK11195 PET imaging of microglial activation in multiple system atrophyA Gerhard
MRC Clinical Sciences Center and Division of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Neurology 61:686-9. 2003..Providing an indicator of disease activity, [11C](R)-PK11195 PET can thus be used to characterize the in vivo neuropathology of MSA...
- Significant dissociation of brain and plasma kinetics with antipsychoticsJohannes Tauscher
Schizophrenia PET program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Psychiatry 7:317-21. 2002..Our results question the current reliance on plasma kinetics as the main basis for dosing regimens of antipsychotics. Studies of brain kinetics may provide a sounder basis for determining dosing schedules of psychotropic medications...
- 13C isotope-labeled metabolomes allowing for improved compound annotation and relative quantification in liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based metabolomic researchPatrick Giavalisco
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Anal Chem 81:6546-51. 2009....
- Comparative evaluation of the translocator protein radioligands 11C-DPA-713, 18F-DPA-714, and 11C-PK11195 in a rat model of acute neuroinflammationFabien Chauveau
CEA, DSV, I2BM, LIME, Orsay, France
J Nucl Med 50:468-76. 2009....
- Effect of APOE genotype on amyloid plaque load and gray matter volume in Alzheimer diseaseA Drzezga
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technischen Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, D 81675 München Munich, Germany
Neurology 72:1487-94. 2009..To examine the influence of the APOE genotype on levels of beta-amyloid (Abeta) plaque load and atrophy in patients with Alzheimer disease (AD) in vivo...
- Positron emission tomography quantification of [(11)C]-DASB binding to the human serotonin transporter: modeling strategiesN Ginovart
PET Center, Center for Addiction and Mental Health, and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 21:1342-53. 2001....
- Staging of serotonergic dysfunction in Parkinson's disease: an in vivo 11C-DASB PET studyMarios Politis
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre and Centre for Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, UK
Neurobiol Dis 40:216-21. 2010..Our results suggest that progressive non-linear serotonergic dysfunction occurs in PD but it does not determine levels of disability. Additionally, chronic exposure to dopaminergic therapy does not appear to influence SERT binding...
- Novel reference region model reveals increased microglial and reduced vascular binding of 11C-(R)-PK11195 in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseGiampaolo Tomasi
Department of Information Engineering, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Nucl Med 49:1249-56. 2008....
- Visualising microglial activation in vivoRichard B Banati
Department of Neuropathology, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College School of Medicine, and MRC Clinical Sciences Centre PET Neurology, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Glia 40:206-17. 2002....
- [11C]-DPA-713 and [18F]-DPA-714 as new PET tracers for TSPO: a comparison with [11C]-(R)-PK11195 in a rat model of herpes encephalitisJanine Doorduin
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Imaging Biol 11:386-98. 2009..In this study, we evaluated the PET tracers [(11)C]-DPA-713 and [(18)F]-DPA-714 as agents for imaging of activated microglia in a rat model of herpes encephalitis...
- Metabolic networks in motion: 13C-based flux analysisUwe Sauer
Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Syst Biol 2:62. 2006....
- Linearized reference tissue parametric imaging methods: application to [11C]DASB positron emission tomography studies of the serotonin transporter in human brainMasanori Ichise
National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 23:1096-112. 2003..MRTM2 allowed rapid generation of parametric images with the noise reductions consistent with the simulations. Rapid parametric imaging by MRTM2 should be a useful method for human [11C]DASB positron emission tomography studies...
- Dynamics of fat cell turnover in humansKirsty L Spalding
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Nature 453:783-7. 2008..The high turnover of adipocytes establishes a new therapeutic target for pharmacological intervention in obesity...
- A pilot study to assess the efficacy of tariquidar to inhibit P-glycoprotein at the human blood-brain barrier with (R)-11C-verapamil and PETClaudia C Wagner
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Nucl Med 50:1954-61. 2009..The aim of this study was to measure P-gp function at the human blood-brain barrier (BBB) after tariquidar administration using PET and the model P-gp substrate (R)-(11)C-verapamil...
- Dose-response assessment of tariquidar and elacridar and regional quantification of P-glycoprotein inhibition at the rat blood-brain barrier using (R)-[(11)C]verapamil PETClaudia Kuntner
Molecular Medicine, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, 2444 Seibersdorf, Austria
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:942-53. 2010....
- Tumor uptake of radiolabeled acetate reflects the expression of cytosolic acetyl-CoA synthetase: implications for the mechanism of acetate PETYukie Yoshii
Biomedical Imaging Research Center, University of Fukui, Eiheiji, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 36:771-7. 2009..In this study, to elucidate the basic mechanism of tumor acetate uptake, we focused on ACSS2 and investigated the role of ACSS2 in the uptake of radiolabeled acetate in tumor cells...
- A comparative evaluation of the dopamine D(2/3) agonist radiotracer [11C](-)-N-propyl-norapomorphine and antagonist [11C]raclopride to measure amphetamine-induced dopamine release in the human striatumRajesh Narendran
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian, PET Facility, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 333:533-9. 2010..Nevertheless, these data add to the growing literature that suggests D(2/3) agonist radiotracers are more vulnerable to endogenous competition by dopamine than existing D(2/3) antagonist radiotracers...
- Altered serotonin 1A binding in major depression: a [carbonyl-C-11]WAY100635 positron emission tomography studyRamin V Parsey
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Biol Psychiatry 59:106-13. 2006..We measure 5-HT(1A) in MDD, assess the effects of antidepressant exposure (AE), and examine the role of the C(-1019)G polymorphism...
- Dead wood biomass and turnover time, measured by radiocarbon, along a subalpine elevation gradientLara M Kueppers
Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, Ecosystem Sciences Division, 151 Hilgard Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Oecologia 141:641-51. 2004..Differences in biomass and decay rates along the elevation gradient suggest that climate warming will lead to a loss of dead wood carbon from subalpine forest...
- Characterization of acetate metabolism in tumor cells in relation to cell proliferation: acetate metabolism in tumor cellsM Yoshimoto
Biomedical Imaging Research Center, Fukui Medical University, 23 Shimoaizuki, Matsuoka-cho, Yoshida-gun, Fukui, 910-1193, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 28:117-22. 2001..This in vitro study suggests that [1-(11)C]acetate is appropriate for estimating the growth activity of tumor cells...
- Millennial-aged organic carbon subsidies to a modern river food webNina Caraco
Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies, Millbrook, New York 12545 0129, USA
Ecology 91:2385-93. 2010..The magnitude of this aged carbon subsidy to river zooplankton suggests that modern river food webs may in some cases be buffered from the limitations set by present-day primary production...
- Pharmacokinetics, metabolism and excretion of [(14)C]-lenalidomide following oral administration in healthy male subjectsNianhang Chen
Clinical Pharmacology, Celgene Corporation, 86 Morris Avenue, Summit, NJ 07920, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 69:789-97. 2012..Assessment of the absorption, metabolism and excretion of [(14)C]-lenalidomide in healthy male subjects following a single oral dose...
- Noninvasive and quantitative assessment of the function of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 in the living brainToshimitsu Okamura
Probe Research Section, Department of Molecular Probe, Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba shi, Chiba, Japan
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:504-11. 2009..Moreover, knockout of Mrp1 gene caused approximately a 90% reduction of the efflux rate, compared with wild-type mice. In conclusion, our method allows noninvasive and quantitative assessment for MRP1 function in the living brain...
- Elevated [11C]-D-deprenyl uptake in chronic Whiplash Associated Disorder suggests persistent musculoskeletal inflammationClas Linnman
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e19182. 2011..The present investigation demonstrates that painful processes in the periphery can be objectively visualized and quantified with PET and that (11)C-D-deprenyl is a promising tracer for these purposes...
- Positron emission tomography imaging of dopamine D₂/₃ receptors in the human cortex with [¹¹C]FLB 457: reproducibility studiesRajesh Narendran
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Synapse 65:35-40. 2011..These data support the further validation of [¹¹C]FLB 457 as a tool to measure amphetamine-induced dopamine release in the human cortex...
- In vitro and in vivo characterisation of [11C]-DASB: a probe for in vivo measurements of the serotonin transporter by positron emission tomographyAlan A Wilson
PET Centre, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R8, Canada
Nucl Med Biol 29:509-15. 2002..Together with previous studies, the present findings indicate that [11C]-DASB is a very useful radiopharmaceutical for probing changes in SERT densities using PET imaging in the living human brain...
- Collagen turnover in the adult femoral mid-shaft: modeled from anthropogenic radiocarbon tracer measurementsRobert E M Hedges
Research Laboratory for Archaeology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QY, UK
Am J Phys Anthropol 133:808-16. 2007..4) Human femoral bone collagen isotopically reflects an individual's diet over a much longer period of time than 10 years, including a substantial portion of collagen synthesised during adolescence...
- In vivo imaging of peripheral benzodiazepine receptors in mouse lungs: a biomarker of inflammationMatthew J Hardwick
Loyola College, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mol Imaging 4:432-8. 2005..This study suggests that measuring PBR expression using in vivo imaging techniques may be a useful biomarker to image lung inflammation...
- Tariquidar-induced P-glycoprotein inhibition at the rat blood-brain barrier studied with (R)-11C-verapamil and PETJens P Bankstahl
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
J Nucl Med 49:1328-35. 2008..To enable a comparison with human PET data, we performed kinetic modeling to estimate the rate constants of radiotracer transport across the rat BBB...
- Positron emission tomography quantification of [11C]-harmine binding to monoamine oxidase-A in the human brainNathalie Ginovart
PET Centre, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Canada
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:330-44. 2006..These results indicate the suitability of using [(11)C]-harmine for quantitative evaluation of MAO-A densities using PET and should enable further studies of potential MAO-A dysregulation in several psychiatric and neurologic illnesses...
- Positron emission tomography imaging of peripheral benzodiazepine receptor binding in human immunodeficiency virus-infected subjects with and without cognitive impairmentClayton A Wiley
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurovirol 12:262-71. 2006....
- Mapping of central dopamine synthesis in man, using positron emission tomography with L-[beta-11C]DOPAHiroshi Ito
Clinical Neuroimaging Team, Molecular Neuroimaging Group, Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 21:355-60. 2007..In the present study, we developed a simple method for calculating an indicator of the dopamine synthesis rate with L-[beta-11C]DOPA on a voxel-by-voxel basis for parametric mapping...
- Frontal and temporal dopamine release during working memory and attention tasks in healthy humans: a positron emission tomography study using the high-affinity dopamine D2 receptor ligand [11C]FLB 457Sargo Aalto
Turku PET Centre, University of Turku, FIN 20014 Turku, Finland
J Neurosci 25:2471-7. 2005..Our results indicate that regionally specific components of the frontotemporal dopaminergic network are functionally involved in WM performance in humans...
- Effect of age on functional P-glycoprotein in the blood-brain barrier measured by use of (R)-[(11)C]verapamil and positron emission tomographyRolf Toornvliet
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacy, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:540-8. 2006..Furthermore, the relationship between BBB P-gp activity and peripheral P-gp activity in CD3-positive leukocytes was investigated. Finally, plasma pharmacokinetics of carbon 11-labeled (R)-verapamil was evaluated...
- Neuropathological imaging: in vivo detection of glial activation as a measure of disease and adaptive change in the brainRichard B Banati
Molecular Neuropsychiatry, Department of Neuropathology, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
Br Med Bull 65:121-31. 2003..Systematic attempts are now undertaken, using positron emission tomography and a ligand with relative selectivity for activated microglia, to develop generic imaging tools for a cellular in vivo neuropathology...
- Positron emission tomography imaging of neuroinflammationAnnachiara Cagnin
Department of Neuroscience, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani 5, 35128, Padova, Italy
Neurotherapeutics 4:443-52. 2007....
- Evaluation of methods for generating parametric (R-[11C]PK11195 binding imagesAlie Schuitemaker
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:1603-15. 2007..In pathological conditions with reduced flow rates or large variations in blood volume, the basis function method is preferred because it produces less bias and is more precise...
- Advancement in PET quantification using 3D-OP-OSEM point spread function reconstruction with the HRRTAndrea Varrone
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section and Stockholm Brain Institute, R5 02, Karolinska Hospital, 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:1639-50. 2009..This study assessed the quantitative improvements provided by the implementation of the PSF modelling in the reconstruction of the PET data using the High Resolution Research Tomograph (HRRT)...
- Reference and target region modeling of [11C]-(R)-PK11195 brain studiesFederico E Turkheimer
Division of Neuroscience, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 48:158-67. 2007....
- Effect of P-glycoprotein inhibition on methadone analgesia and brain distribution in the ratMonica Rodriguez
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Basque Country, Barrio Sarriena s n 48940, Leioa, Vizcaya, Spain
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:367-74. 2004..P-gp, and hence substrate comedication, plays a critical role in the evolution of the methadone analgesic effect and in its brain uptake, independent of the administration route...
- Microglial imaging with positron emission tomography and atrophy measurements with magnetic resonance imaging in multiple sclerosis: a correlative studyJ Versijpt
Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, The Netherlands
Mult Scler 11:127-34. 2005....
- AZD2184: a radioligand for sensitive detection of beta-amyloid depositsAllan E Johnson
Disease Biology, AstraZeneca R and D, Sodertalje, Sweden
J Neurochem 108:1177-86. 2009..Taken together, the pre-clinical profile of AZD2184 in relation to the reference ligand PIB, suggests that (11)C-labeled AZD2184 is a potential radioligand for PET-visualization of beta-amyloid deposits in the living human brain...
- Genetic evidence for the role of GDP-mannose in plant ascorbic acid (vitamin C) biosynthesisP L Conklin
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research and Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 1801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4198-203. 1999....
- Plasma kinetic behavior in hyperlipidemic subjects of a lipidic microemulsion that binds to low density lipoprotein receptorsR C Maranhao
Heart Institute of the Medical School Hospital Instituto do Coração do HC FMUSP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lipids 32:627-33. 1997..On the other hand, in four severely hypertriglyceridemic patients, LDE FCR was not significantly different from the controls (0.07 +/- 0.03 h-1). These results suggest that LDE can be a useful device to study lipoprotein metabolism...
- Dopamine release in the human striatum: motor and cognitive tasks revisitedJulia M Lappin
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:554-64. 2009..No additional DA release was observed specific to the cognitive component of either task...
- 11C-acetate PET imaging of prostate cancerNobuyuki Oyama
Department of Urology, Fukui Medical University, Fukui, Japan
J Nucl Med 43:181-6. 2002..The uptake of (11)C-acetate in prostate cancer was investigated to determine whether this tracer has potential in tumor identification...
- Age-related dopamine D2/D3 receptor loss in extrastriatal regions of the human brainV Kaasinen
Department of Neurology, University of Turku, Finland
Neurobiol Aging 21:683-8. 2000..Further, the rate of D2/3R decline may be faster in the frontal cortex as compared to the temporal and thalamic regions...
- In vivo evaluation of P-glycoprotein function at the blood-brain barrier in nonhuman primates using [11C]verapamilYoung Joo Lee
The Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 316:647-53. 2006..61-fold (0.141 versus 0.651 ml/g brain/min, p < 0.05). These results suggest that PET measurement with [(11)C]verapamil can be used for the evaluation of P-gp function at the BBB in the living brain...
- 3-Hydroxybenzo(a)pyrene as a biomarker of dermal exposure to benzo(a)pyreneJean Paul Payan
Institut National de Recherche et de Securite, Vandoeuvre, France
Arch Toxicol 83:873-83. 2009..Conversely, BaP was largely lower metabolised as 3-OHBaP during percutaneous absorption by humans, so BaP absorption flux should be overestimated to a lesser extent in humans than in rats...
- Development of a tracer kinetic plasma input model for (R)-[11C]PK11195 brain studiesMarc A Kropholler
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 25:842-51. 2005..It was concluded that a two-tissue reversible compartment model with K(1)/k(2) fixed to whole cortex value is optimal for analyzing (R)-[(11)C]PK11195 PET brain studies...
- Synthesis and evaluation in monkey of two sensitive 11C-labeled aryloxyanilide ligands for imaging brain peripheral benzodiazepine receptors in vivoEmmanuelle Briard
Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Med Chem 51:17-30. 2008..11)C] 3 and [ (11)C] 10 are effective for imaging PBR in monkey brain. [ (11)C] 10 especially warrants further evaluation in human subjects...
- Brain serotonin transporter binding in non-depressed patients with Parkinson's diseaseM Guttman
Human Neurochemical Pathology Laboratory, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Eur J Neurol 14:523-8. 2007..Further investigation will be required to establish whether SERT binding is more or less decreased in those patients with PD who also have major depressive disorder...
- Lower dopamine transporter binding potential in striatum during depressionJ H Meyer
PET Imaging Centre, and Mood Division, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry and University of Toronto, 250 College St, Toronto, Ont. M5T1R8, Canada
Neuroreport 12:4121-5. 2001..Lower DAT BP itself reduces extracellular clearance of dopamine. Patients who did not decrease their striatal DAT BP failed to compensate for low dopamine and showed greater impairment on dopamine related tests...
- 11C-Acetate PET imaging for renal cell carcinomaNobuyuki Oyama
Department of Urology, University of Fukui, 23 3 Matsuoka Shimoaizuki, Eiheiji, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:422-7. 2009..In this study, we investigated the effectiveness of positron emission tomography (PET) with (11)C-acetate (AC) for evaluation of renal cell carcinoma...
- Imaging glial cell activation with [11C]-R-PK11195 in patients with AIDSDima A Hammoud
Department of Radiology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 2182, USA
J Neurovirol 11:346-55. 2005..The findings of this pilot study support a role for glial cell activation in HAD, and that PET with [11C]-R-PK11195 can detect the concomitants of neuronal damage in individuals infected with HIV...
- Pharmacoresistance in epilepsy: a pilot PET study with the P-glycoprotein substrate R-[(11)C]verapamilOliver Langer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Epilepsia 48:1774-84. 2007..We compared R-[(11)C]verapamil kinetics in homologous brain volumes of interest (VOIs) located ipsilateral and contralateral to the seizure focus...
- [(Methyl)1-(11)c]-acetate metabolism in hepatocellular carcinomaNicolas Salem
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 13:140-51. 2011..In this study, the metabolic fate of [(11)C]Act in HCC was characterized...
- In vivo validation of reconstruction-based resolution recovery for human brain studiesJurgen E M Mourik
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:381-9. 2010....
- Evaluation of (R)-[11C]verapamil as PET tracer of P-glycoprotein function in the blood-brain barrier: kinetics and metabolism in the ratGert Luurtsema
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Centre, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nucl Med Biol 32:87-93. 2005..Sixty minutes after injection, unmetabolized (R)-[11C] verapamil was 27% and 48% in the plasma and the brain, respectively...
- Disposition of a low dose of bisphenol a in male and female cynomolgus monkeysHideo Kurebayashi
Division of Pharmacology, National Institute of Health Sciences, Kamiyoga 1 18 1, Setagaya, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Toxicol Sci 68:32-42. 2002..5%) after oral dose. These results indicate that the intestinal absorption and metabolism of BPA was rapid and extensive, and the major metabolites, glucuronide conjugates of 14C-BPA, were rapidly excreted into urine in monkeys...
- Metabolite profiling of bendamustine in urine of cancer patients after administration of [14C]bendamustineAnne Charlotte Dubbelman
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Drug Metab Dispos 40:1297-307. 2012..The range of metabolic reactions is generally consistent with those reported for rat urine and bile, suggesting that the overall processes involved in metabolic elimination are qualitatively the same in rats and humans...
- Analysis of 14C and 13C in teeth provides precise birth dating and clues to geographical originK Alkass
Division of Forensic Medicine, Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Forensic Sci Int 209:34-41. 2011..This strategy can assist police and forensic authorities when attempting to solve unidentified homicide cases and may facilitate the identification work associated with mass disasters...
- Synthesis and evaluation of 2-pyridylbenzothiazole, 2-pyridylbenzoxazole and 2-pyridylbenzofuran derivatives as 11C-PET imaging agents for beta-amyloid plaquesBritt Marie Swahn
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, AstraZeneca R and D Sodertalje, Sodertalje, Sweden
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:1976-80. 2010..It is shown that it was possible to increase the signal-to-background ratios compared to PIB 1, as demonstrated by compounds 8 and 21...
- Association between striatal and extrastriatal dopamine D2-receptor binding and social desirabilitySimon Cervenka
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuroimage 50:323-8. 2010..Taken together with previous evidence on D2-receptor binding and social behaviour, a role for dopaminergic neurotransmission in regulating displays of dominance vs. submissive behaviour is proposed...
- Evaluating dopamine reward pathway in ADHD: clinical implicationsNora D Volkow
National Institute on Drug Abuse, 6001 Executive Blvd, Room 5274, MSC 9581, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
JAMA 302:1084-91. 2009....
- Repair of skin damage during fractionated irradiation with gamma rays and low-LET carbon ionsKoichi Ando
Heavy Ion Radiobiology Research Group, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
J Radiat Res 47:167-74. 2006....
- Synthesis and application of isocyanates radiolabeled with carbon-11Alan A Wilson
PET Centre, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Chemistry 17:259-64. 2011..This is demonstrated by using the method to make [carbonyl-(11) C]-6-hydroxy-[1,1'-biphenyl]-3-yl cyclohexylcarbamate which is a novel radiotracer for PET imaging of fatty acid amide hydrolase...
- Effects of antidepressant drug treatment and psychotherapy on striatal and thalamic dopamine D2/3 receptors in major depressive disorder studied with [11C]raclopride PETJussi Hirvonen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
J Psychopharmacol 25:1329-36. 2011..The effects of fluoxetine on thalamic dopamine systems need to be further explored...
- Synthesis, in vitro and in vivo evaluation, and radiolabeling of aryl anandamide analogues as candidate radioligands for in vivo imaging of fatty acid amide hydrolase in the brainLeonie Wyffels
Department of Radiopharmacy, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Med Chem 52:4613-22. 2009..They were successfully labeled with 11C in good yields and high radiochemical purity and displayed brain uptake in C57BL/6J mice. Radioligands [11C]-17 and [11C]-18 merit further investigation in vivo...
- Gastric emptying of a liquid nutrient meal in the critically ill: relationship between scintigraphic and carbon breath test measurementM J Chapman
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia, Australia
Gut 60:1336-43. 2011..The aims of this study were to (i) determine the prevalence of delayed GE in unselected, critically ill patients and (ii) evaluate the relationships between GE as measured by scintigraphy and carbon breath test...
- Quantitative analysis of dopamine synthesis in human brain using positron emission tomography with L-[beta-11C]DOPAHiroshi Ito
Departments of Molecular Neuroimaging, Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
Nucl Med Commun 27:723-31. 2006..In the present study, the regional kinetics of L-[beta-C]DOPA in normal human brain and the accuracy of the method for quantifying L-[beta-C]DOPA kinetics, employing reference regions, were investigated...
- Response of Chinese hamster v79 multicellular spheroids exposed to high-energy carbon ionsA Staab
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Mainz, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
Radiat Res 161:219-27. 2004..In summary, the results suggest that carbon ions in the extended Bragg peak are more effective than conventional X rays, particularly under hypoxic conditions...
- Radiosynthesis of the candidate beta-amyloid radioligand [(11)C]AZD2184: Positron emission tomography examination and metabolite analysis in cynomolgus monkeysJan D Andersson
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Stockholm, Sweden
Synapse 64:733-41. 2010..On the basis of the labeling chemistry and the results of the biological evaluation, we conclude that [(11)C]5 should be useful for routine clinical studies...
- Analysis of artificial radiocarbon in different skeletal and dental tissue types to evaluate date of deathDouglas H Ubelaker
Department of Anthropology, Smithsonian Institution, NMNH, MRC 112, Washington, DC 20560 0112, USA
J Forensic Sci 51:484-8. 2006..Within the bone sample analyses, the values of the trabecular bone were higher than those of cortical bone and supported the known placement on the pre-1963 side of the bomb-curve...
- C-11 choline versus F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose for imaging meningiomas: an initial experienceGiampiero Giovacchini
Center for Molecular Bioimaging, University of Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 34:7-10. 2009..The aim of this study was to compare C-11 choline and F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (F-18 FDG) uptake in meningiomas and relate these findings to the histopathological analysis...
- Direct fixation of [(11)C]-CO(2) by amines: formation of [(11)C-carbonyl]-methylcarbamatesAlan A Wilson
PET Centre, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Org Biomol Chem 8:428-32. 2010..The usefulness of the method is illustrated by the efficient radiosynthesis of a kappa opioid receptor imaging radiotracer, useful in positron emission tomography (PET)...
- Metabolism of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins and lipid transfer to high-density lipoprotein in young obese and normal-weight patients with polycystic ovary syndromeMichelle P Rocha
Endocrinology Section, Medical School Hospital, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Fertil Steril 93:1948-56. 2010..To clarify whether the metabolism of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins and lipid transfer to high-density lipoprotein (HDL) are altered in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- [11C]CURB: Evaluation of a novel radiotracer for imaging fatty acid amide hydrolase by positron emission tomographyAlan A Wilson
PET Centre, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nucl Med Biol 38:247-53. 2011..We here determine the suitability of a novel carbon-11-labeled inhibitor of FAAH via ex vivo biodistribution studies in rat brain in conjunction with pharmacological challenges...
- Synthesis and evaluation of 11C-labeled 6-substituted 2-arylbenzothiazoles as amyloid imaging agentsChester A Mathis
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Med Chem 46:2740-54. 2003..The encouraging in vitro and in vivo properties of [(11)C]6-OH-BTA-1 support the choice of this derivative for further evaluation in human subject studies of brain Abeta deposition...
- Image-derived input functions for PET brain studiesJurgen E M Mourik
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:463-71. 2009..To assess the robustness of a previously introduced method to obtain accurate image-derived input functions (IDIF) for three other tracers...
- Biological Predictors of Response to AntidepressantsRamin V Parsey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our overall goal is to reduce the trial and error associated with finding an effective antidepressant by using data from pre-treatment quantification of 5-HT1A receptors and 5-HTT to guide antidepressant treatment selection. ..
- Imaging of Serotonin Transporters in DepressionRAMIN PARSEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..These goals will be met by a combination of didactic I course work and supervision. ..
- RADIOTRACER R & D IN NUCLEAR MEDICINE AND NEUROSCIENCESJoanna Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Addiction and the Brain: Are We Hard Wired to Abuse DrugsJoanna Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RADIOTRACER R & D IN NUCLEAR MEDICINE AND NEUROSCIENCESJoanna Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Radiotracer R and D in Nuclear Medicine and NeuroscienceYu Shin Ding; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogen and the Aging Blood Brain BarrierOAK CHI; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information obtained from our study will be crucially important for the clinical application of estrogen therapy for stroke as well as understanding the pathophysiology of age related cerebrovascular changes. ..
- PET Behavioral Brain Mapping In Freely Moving AnimalsDANIEL HOLSCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such knowledge may provide the basis of an improved integration of a functional brain anatomy in the context of mental disorders. ..
- PET Imaging of Mesolimbic Dopamine in Heroin DependenceDiana Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- AN IMPLANTABLE BOLUS INFUSION PUMP FOR THE NEUROSCIENCESDANIEL HOLSCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MURINE MODEL OF CAG REPEAT DISEASESRoger Albin; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments will establish HPRT-CAG mice as important tools for understanding neurodegeneration in CAG repeat diseases and enable accurate preclinical evaluation of interventions for CAG repeat diseases. ..
- Evaluating Striatal Function in a Murine HD ModelRoger Albin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Validation of these methods will provide new and useful behavioral tools for evaluating murine disease models. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AN IMPLANTABLE BOLUS INFUSION PUMP FOR THE NEUROSCIENCESDANIEL HOLSCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Microinfusion Pump For Animal Functional Brain MappingDANIEL HOLSCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HEART IMAGING AGENTS--STRUCTURAL MECHANISTICS STUDYDavid Raffel; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, [11C]- and [18F]-labeled polar derivatives of the psychostimulant methcathinone will be synthesized as potential NET markers and their in vitro NET affinities determined as the cloned human NET transporter. ..
- The Effects of Cannabis Use/Abuse on In Vivo Dopamine FunctionWILLIAM FRANKLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HEART IMAGING AGENTS--STRUCTURAL MECHANISTICS STUDYDavid Raffel; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, [11C]- and [18F]-labeled polar derivatives of the psychostimulant methcathinone will be synthesized as potential NET markers and their in vitro NET affinities determined as the cloned human NET transporter. ..
- New PET Radiotracers-Monoamine TransportersMichael Kilbourn; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- The Neuroanatomy of Antipsychotic Drug ActionWILLIAM FRANKLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- GCPII-Based Brain Imaging AgentsMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2008..Working with our knowledge of PSMA/GCPII imaging and the recently published crystal structure of PSMA, we intend to pursue new derivatives suitable for imaging GCPII within the central nervous system ..
- PET Imaging MDMA NeurotoxicityUna McCann; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., dementia, Parkinsonism, depression/anxiety). In addition, the proposed 18FDG studies will address the question of if MDMA exposure leads to altered brain function at the most fundamental level, glucose utilization. ..
- New PET radioligand for the serotonin transporterYiyun Huang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Introduction of [18F]AFM would constitute the first PET tracer for the SERT that can be prepared in a central facility and distributed to various sites for clinical imaging purposes. ..
- Imaging Serotonergic Transmission in HIV DepressionMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- High End Computing for PET/SPECTDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PSMA-based SPECT Tracers for Prostate Cancer ImagingMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PSMA-based PET Ligands for Prostate Cancer ImagingMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sleep and Nocturnal Endocrine Function in MDMA UserUna McCann; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from the proposed studies will help better define the functional consequences of MDMA exposure in humans, and could shed light on the roles of 5-HT and DA in sleep and nocturnal endocrine function. ..
- PSMA-based Gene Reporter-Probe System(RMI)Martin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMAGING DOPAMINE/SEROTONIN MECHANISMS IN COCAINE CRAVINGDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2003..Testing of these hypotheses will provide novel and fundamental answers to craving mechanisms. ..
- MECHANISMS OF DOPAMINE & SEROTONIN IN TOURETTE SYNDROMEDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2003..We propose to carry out experiments using PET to establish a more complete understanding of the neurotransmission in TS. This will also help establish new ationales for improved therapeutics in TS. ..
- IMAGING DOPAMINE RELEASE/ENDOCRINE CHANGES IN ALCOHOLISMDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the initial D2 receptor deficits are exacerbated by alcohol abuse one can envision a positive feedback loop hard to break. ..
- Probing D2 receptor in vivoDah Ren Hwang; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition to schizophrenia, this radiotracer will provide a useful tool for characterization of dopamine transmission at the D2 receptor in a variety of other conditions, such as ADHD, Parkinson's disease, and substance abuse. ..
- ALCOHOLISM AND ENDOGENOUS OPIOID ACTIVITYGary Wand; Fiscal Year: 2008..Fortype specifications, see instructions onpage 6.) RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS PageNumbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- INDICES OF BIOTIN NUTRITIONDonald Mock; Fiscal Year: 2001..4) Whether biotin deficiency of similar severity to that observed either early or late in human gestation causes increased rates of fetal malformation in the mouse. 5) The enzyme(s) responsible for biotin beta-oxidation. ..
- LOCALIZATION OF EPILEPTIC FOCI WITH PET IN CHILDRENHarry Chugani; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- CNS METABOLIC CORRELATES OF HIV DEMENTIA BY MRS IMAGINGMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Development of PET radioligands for cerebral cannabinoid receptor (CB1)ANDREW HORTI; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Dedicated High Performance Human Brain/Preclinical PETDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Alzheimer's Diagnosis by Real-Time Motion Corrected FMRIClifford Jack; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim number 4: to assess motion corrected fMRI as a diagnostic test for early Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Implementation of [18F] FEOBV for VAChT Imaging with PETRobert Koeppe; Fiscal Year: 2004..g. AD). R33 (Year 5): Conclude clinical evaluations in normal control and patient groups. ..
- PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF ANGER IN DEPRESSED PATIENTSDarin Dougherty; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert A Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., BBB opening) and both will be functions of the variations in BBB associated proteins and/or brain swelling;and 2) the size of these changes are correlated over time, ROI, and treatment. ..
- Quantitation of Tocopherol Metabolism in HumansANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Particular attention will be directed to the absorption phase. The results are expected to provide information about vitamin E biopotency and eventually improved Dietary Recommendations. ..
- Neuronogenesis in the Non-pigmented RetinaRICHARD NOWAKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such detailed information is important for understanding how the lack of retinal pigment produces abnormalities and for the rationale development of treatments and therapies. ..
- Molecular Organization or Renal Organic Anion TransportStephen H Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Transporter-Enzyme Interplay Evaluation via Microfluidiic HTS Cell Culture DeviceLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quantitation of In Vivo Human Lutein MetabolismANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the purpose of this study is to determine how the human body uses lutein and other related compounds. ..
- Micro Computerized Tomography Imaging SystemPETER CONTI; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PERITONEAL DELIVERY OF ANTINEOPLASTIC MACROMOLECULESMICHAEL FLESSNER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Prenatal Corticosteroid Impact on HippocampusLIBOR VELISEK; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data of this proposal will be critical for determining long-term adverse effects of multiple course prenatal corticosteroid therapy and for the ameliorating these effects in the offspring. ..
- MIBG ANALOGUE RADIOPHARMACEUTICALSGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Strategies to augment tumor-to-normal tissue ratios will be investigated. The outcome of this study should help improve the endoradiotherapy of neuroendocrine tumors and possibly of medulloblastoma. ..
- Treatments for Nicotine Dependence: Brain MechanismsArthur Brody; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL SUBSTRATES OF THE ACUTE EFFECTS OF ETHANOLLinda Porrino; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Oxalate-Induced Renal Scarring and Crystal RetentionJOHN LIESKE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Luis Juncos has extensive experience studying the regulation of renal blood flow in vivo, and will be critical in our efforts to develop the constant infusion model of hyperoxalemia and hyperoxaluria. ..
- Dopamine function in social phobia & related conditionsFranklin Schneier; Fiscal Year: 2006..Better understanding of the neurocircuitry associated with GSP holds promise for improving diagnosis and treatment strategies. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of MethadoneC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will form the basis for subsequent studies which should provide a more rational basis for dosing of methadone in pregnant addicts. ..
- Novel Polyamine-conjugated Dendrimers for Pretargeted Chemotherapy of Ovarian CanSRINATH PALAKURTHI; Fiscal Year: 2006..This novel approach reduces the toxic side effects associated with the chemotherapeutics used for the ovarian cancer treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acoustic Interference on Attention in HIV PatientsDardo Tomasi; Fiscal Year: 2003..More generally, this study will also improve the understanding of the neural effects of acoustic noise interference during fMRI studies in healthy populations. ..
- Neurochemistry of Nicotine Dependence in SchizophreniaWynne Schiffer; Fiscal Year: 2004..Or increase inhibitory activity with the GABA agonist, gamma-vinyl GABA, prior to the nicotine challenge. We hope to guide the development of novel therapies for dual-diagnosis schizophrenia. ..
- BRAIN SEROTONIN TRANSPORTER IN ECSTASY AND MDA USERSStephen Kish; Fiscal Year: 2007..More broadly, our data will help define the contribution of different neuroanatomical components of the brain serotonin system to human behavior. ..
- Cell Biology of Human Thiamine TransportersVEEDAMALI SUBRAMANIAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Center For AgingJohn Morris; Fiscal Year: 2006..Dr. Morris is firmly committed to accomplishing these aims and, with this award and with outstanding institutional support, to establishing a preeminent Center for Aging at Washington University. ..
- BRAIN PATHOPHYSIOLOGY IN ANXIETY DISORDERSGREGORY SULLIVAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Through such work, he seeks to contribute to the understanding of the pathophysiology of PD in order to suggest improved therapeutics for this devastating and underrecognized brain disorder. ..
- Amyloid Imaging in Frontotemporal Dementia and Alzheimer's DiseaseWilliam Jagust; Fiscal Year: 2009..PIB could become a diagnostic tool that is useful in diagnosing AD and FTLD during life. This will be especially important as new treatments for both disorders are developed. ..
- Oxalate & Crystal Renal Phenotypes: A Microarray StudySusan Ruth Marengo; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long term objective of this work is to establish the mechanism of oxalate induced damage in the kidney. ..
- A Seven Tesla MRI System for Small Animals MRI/MRSRobert Knight; Fiscal Year: 2007..This Shared Instrumentation Grant will partially supply the funds to bring the present MRI/MRS system up to current standards, with HFHS supplying the rest. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NMR STUDIES OF HEMORRHAGIC TRANSFORMATION IN ISCHEMIARobert Knight; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Enhance Effectiveness of Anti-HIV Drugs in the CNSJashvant Unadkat; Fiscal Year: 2003..To test our hypothesis, using PET, that inhibition of P-gp in creases the exposure of CNS to l"1CJ-verapamil and, by inference, protease inhibitors. ..