Genomes and Genes
Summary: A powerful vasodilator used in emergencies to lower blood pressure or to improve cardiac function. It is also an indicator for free sulfhydryl groups in proteins.
Publications353 found, 100 shown here
- ERK-1/2 and p38 kinase oppositely regulate nitric oxide-induced apoptosis of chondrocytes in association with p53, caspase-3, and differentiation statusSong Ja Kim
National Research Laboratory, Department of Life Science, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Kwangju 500 712, Korea
J Biol Chem 277:1332-9. 2002..Generation of NO with sodium nitroprusside (SNP) caused dedifferentiation, as indicated by the inhibition of type II collagen expression and proteoglycan ..
- Nitric oxide priming protects nitric oxide-mediated apoptosis via heme oxygenase-1 inductionByung Min Choi
Medicinal Resources Research Center MRRC, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University, Chonbuk, South Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 34:1136-45. 2003..Exposure of L929 cells to sodium nitroprusside (SNP) resulted in the induction of HO-1 protein expression and heme oxygenase activity...
- Evaluation of vascular function in apolipoprotein E knockout mice with angiotensin-dependent renovascular hypertensionRoberia M P Arruda
Laboratory of Transgenes and Cardiovascular Control, Biomedical Center, Federal University of Espirito Santo, Brazil
Hypertension 46:932-6. 2005..The vascular reactivity to norepinephrine (NE; 10(-9) to 2 x 10(-3) mol/L), acetylcholine (ACh), and sodium nitroprusside (SNP; 10(-10) to 10(-3) mol/L) was evaluated in the mesenteric arteriolar bed through concentration-effect ..
- Impaired L-arginine transport and endothelial function in hypertensive and genetically predisposed normotensive subjectsMarkus P Schlaich
Wynn Department of Metabolic Cardiology, Baker Heart Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Circulation 110:3680-6. 2004..We investigated whether transport of the NO precursor L-arginine is related to decreased endothelial function...
- Androgen deprivation increases neuronal nitric oxide metabolism and its vasodilator effect in rat mesenteric arteriesM del Carmen Martín
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Nitric Oxide 12:163-76. 2005..In noradrenaline (NA)-precontracted segments, sodium nitroprusside (SNP) induced a concentration-dependent relaxation, that was greater in segments from orchidectomized than ..
- Modulation of voltage-gated Ca2+ current in vestibular hair cells by nitric oxideAngélica Almanza
Instituto de Fisiologia, Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Puebla 72000, Mexico
J Neurophysiol 97:1188-95. 2007..The NO donors 3-morpholinosydnonimine (SIN-1), sodium nitroprusside (SNP), and (+/-)-(E)-4-ethyl-2-[(Z)-hydroxyimino]-5-nitro-3-hexen-1-yl-nicotinamide (NOR-4) inhibited the Ca(2+..
- Inhibition of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) underlies aluminum-induced inhibition of root elongation in Hibiscus moscheutosQiu Ying Tian
Key Laboratory of Photosynthesis and Environmental Molecular Physiology, Institute of Botany, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, People s Republic of China
New Phytol 174:322-31. 2007..led to a rapid inhibition of root elongation, and the inhibitory effect was alleviated by NO donor sodium nitroprusside (SNP)...
- Wavelet analysis of oscillations in the peripheral blood circulation measured by laser Doppler techniqueA Stefanovska
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 46:1230-9. 1999..01 Hz. The study illustrates the potential of laser Doppler flowmetry combined with dynamical systems analysis for studies of both the micro- and macroscopic mechanisms of blood flow regulation in vivo...
- Current concepts in assessment of microvascular endothelial function using laser Doppler imaging and iontophoresisJamie Turner
University Division of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, DD1 9SY Scotland, UK
Trends Cardiovasc Med 18:109-16. 2008..flowmetry/imaging to measure cutaneous perfusion accompanied by iontophoresis of acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside. It is clear from previous studies that this technique provides an easy, validated, and reproducible method ..
- Nitric oxide reduces seed dormancy in ArabidopsisPaul C Bethke
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, 111 Koshland Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
J Exp Bot 57:517-26. 2006..understanding of the mechanism whereby these and other compounds, such as the nitric oxide (NO) donor sodium nitroprusside (SNP), bring about a reduction in seed dormancy of Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Endothelial nitric oxide production and insulin sensitivity. A physiological link with implications for pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseaseJ R Petrie
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
Circulation 93:1331-3. 1996..We have examined the hypothesis that vascular endothelial nitric oxide production and insulin sensitivity are directly related in humans...
- Methylglyoxal enhances sodium nitroprusside-induced relaxation in rat aortaMasashi Mukohda
Laboratory of Veterinary Pharmacology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 112:176-83. 2010..Thus, we examined if MGO affects acetylcholine (ACh)- or sodium nitroprusside (SNP)-induced vasodilation on NA (100 nM)-induced pre-contraction in rat thoracic aorta...
- Intracoronary nitroprusside in the prevention of the no-reflow phenomenon in acute myocardial infarctionWei Pan
Cardiology Department of the First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:2718-23. 2009..This study aimed to evaluate intracoronary nitroprusside in the prevention of the no-reflow phenomenon in AMI.
- Nitric oxide mediates iron-induced ferritin accumulation in ArabidopsisIrene Murgia
Sezione di Fisiologia e Biochimica delle Piante, Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milano, Italy
Plant J 30:521-8. 2002..the possible role of NO as a regulator of ferritin levels in Arabidopsis and found that the NO-donor sodium nitroprusside (SNP) induces accumulation of ferritin both at mRNA and protein level...
- Sodium nitroprusside enhances TRAIL-induced apoptosis via a mitochondria-dependent pathway in human colorectal carcinoma CX-1 cellsY J Lee
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Institute, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PA 15213, USA
Oncogene 20:1476-85. 2001..5-200 ng/ml) and/or sodium nitroprusside (SNP; 0.03-1 mM) for 12 h...
- Selective intracoronary administration of nitroprusside before balloon dilatation prevents slow reflow during percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with acute myocardial infarctionNorihiko Shinozaki
Department of Cardiology, Naganoken Koseiren Shinonoi General Hospital, Nagano, Japan
Int Heart J 48:423-33. 2007Previous studies have shown that intracoronary nitroprusside injection is safe and effective after slow reflow complicates percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
- Sodium nitroprusside toxicity in Drosophila melanogaster: delayed pupation, reduced adult emergence, and induced oxidative/nitrosative stress in eclosed fliesOleksandr V Lozinsky
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Vassyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, Ivano Frankivsk, Ukraine
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 80:166-85. 2012The toxicity of sodium nitroprusside (SNP) was tested on the Drosophila melanogaster model system. Fly larvae were raised on food supplemented with SNP at concentrations of 0.01-1.5 mM...
- ERK activation increases nitroprusside induced apoptosis in human melanoma cells irrespective of p53 status: role of superoxide dismutasesLuis Alberto Gomez-Sarosi
Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Científicas CMBC, Tumor Cell Biology Laboratory, Caracas, Venezuela
Cancer Biol Ther 8:1173-82. 2009..We now investigated whether human melanoma survival in response to sodium nitroprusside (SNP) is modulated by: (a) stable introduction of a DN-mutant p53; (b) pharmacologically inhibiting ERK ..
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibits insulin's stimulating effect on glucose uptake and endothelium-dependent vasodilation in humansChristian Rask-Madsen
Joslin Diabetes Center, Section on Vascular Cell Biology and Complications, One Joslin Place, Room 4504, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Circulation 108:1815-21. 2003..Therefore, we aimed at examining whether the proinflammatory cytokine tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha inhibits insulin-stimulated glucose uptake and insulin-stimulated endothelial function in humans...
- Nitric oxide donor sodium nitroprusside dilates rat small arteries by activation of inward rectifier potassium channelsRudolf Schubert
Institute of Physiology, University Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Hypertension 43:891-6. 2004..The hypothesis that K(IR) channels are involved in sodium nitroprusside (SNP)-induced dilation of rat-tail small arteries was tested...
- Impairment of endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation in cadmium-hypertensive ratsO Gokalp
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 25:447-53. 2009..Mechanical responses produced by acetylcholine (ACh, 10(-9)-10(-4) M) and sodium nitroprusside (SNP, 10(-10)-10(-5) M) were studied on phenylephrine-precontracted thoracic aorta rings from control and ..
- Endothelial dysfunction in a murine model of mild hyperhomocyst(e)inemiaR T Eberhardt
Evans Department of Medicine, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, and Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Clin Invest 106:483-91. 2000..segments from CBS(-/+) mice, but aortic relaxation and mesenteric arteriolar dilation in response to sodium nitroprusside were similar to wild-type...
- Central N-acetylcysteine effects on baroreflex in juvenile spontaneously hypertensive ratsVitor E Valenti
Departamento de Medicina, Disciplina de Cardiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Brazil
J Integr Neurosci 10:161-76. 2011..was tested with a pressor dose of phenylephrine (PHE, 8 μg/kg, bolus) and a depressor dose of sodium nitroprusside (SNP, 50 μg/kg, bolus)...
- Beneficial effect of sodium nitroprusside after coronary artery bypass surgery: pump function correlates inversely with cardiac release of proinflammatory cytokinesTobias Freyholdt
Department of Physiology, University of Munich, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 42:372-8. 2003..the relationship between cardiac cytokine release and pump function and whether low-dose application of sodium nitroprusside (SNP) improves cardiac performance during coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) creation...
- Nitric oxide-mediated cytoprotection of hepatocytes from glucose deprivation-induced cytotoxicity: involvement of heme oxygenase-1Byung Min Choi
Medicinal Resources Research Center MRRC and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Iksan, Chonbuk, South Korea
Hepatology 37:810-23. 2003..2 cells and primary rat hepatocytes. Pretreatment with NO donor, sodium nitroprusside (SNP), protected hepatocytes from glucose deprivation-induced cytotoxicity; zinc protoporphyrin (ZnPP) IX, an ..
- Human skin microcirculation after brachial plexus block evaluated by wavelet transform of the laser Doppler flowmetry signalSvein A Landsverk
Department of Anesthesiology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Anesthesiology 105:478-84. 2006..may be evaluated noninvasively by laser Doppler flowmetry and iontophoresis with acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside. Wavelet transform of the perfusion signal shows periodic oscillations of five characteristic frequencies in ..
- Intracoronary nitroprusside for the prevention of the no-reflow phenomenon after primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trialGuy Amit
Department of Cardiology, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Am Heart J 152:887.e9-14. 2006The aim of this study was to test whether nitroprusside (NTP) injected intracoronary immediately before primary angioplasty for acute ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction (STEMI) prevents no-reflow and improves vessel flow and ..
- Bradykinin- and sodium nitroprusside-induced increases in capillary tube haematocrit in mouse cremaster muscle are associated with impaired glycocalyx barrier propertiesJurgen W G E VanTeeffelen
Department of Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Physiol 586:3207-18. 2008..visualization of mouse cremaster muscle, we determined the effects of bradykinin (10(-5) M) and sodium nitroprusside (10(-6) M) on capillary tube haematocrit and glycocalyx barrier properties...
- Protection of protease-activated receptor 2 mediated vasodilatation against angiotensin II-induced vascular dysfunction in miceElizabeth Chia
Memorial University, St, John s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BMC Pharmacol 11:10. 2011..We also investigated arterial vasodilatation in angiotensin II-treated PAR2 deficient (PAR2-/-) mice...
- RS-alpha-lipoic acid protects cholinergic cells against sodium nitroprusside and amyloid-beta neurotoxicity through restoration of acetyl-CoA levelHanna Bielarczyk
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
J Neurochem 98:1242-51. 2006..Sodium nitroprusside (SNP) and amyloid-beta decreased pyruvate dehydrogenase, choline acetyltransferase activities, acetyl-CoA ..
- Exogenous nitric oxide donor and related compounds protect against lung inflammatory response after hemorrhagic shock and resuscitationRoberto Anaya-Prado
Borgess Research Institute, Trauma, Surgery Research Sciences and Molecular Biology, the Departments of Surgery and Research, Michigan State University Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
J Trauma 57:980-8. 2004..This study investigated the capability of an exogenous nitric oxide (NO) donor, sodium nitroprusside (NP); a NO substrate, L-arginine; and an inducible NO synthase inhibitor, L-N6-(1-iminoethyl)lysine (L-NIL) to ..
- Abnormalities in arterial-ventricular coupling in older healthy persons are attenuated by sodium nitroprussidePaul D Chantler
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H1914-22. 2011..We hypothesized that sodium nitroprusside (SNP) can acutely ameliorate the age-associated deficits in E(A)/E(LV)...
- The attenuation of hemorrhage-induced liver injury by exogenous nitric oxide, L-arginine, and inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthaseRoberto Anaya-Prado
Borgess Research Institute, Trauma, Surgery Research Sciences and Molecular Biology, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49048, USA
J Invest Surg 16:247-61. 2003..per group) that included treatment at the beginning of resuscitation with normal saline (groups 1, 3) sodium nitroprusside (NP) (0...
- Sodium nitroprusside induces cell death and cytoskeleton degradation in adult rat cardiomyocytes in vitro: implications for anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicityM Chiusa
Cardiology Department, Bern University Hospital, Switzerland
Eur J Histochem 56:e15. 2012Sodium nitroprusside (SNP) is used clinically as a rapid-acting vasodilator and in experimental models as donor of nitric oxide (NO)...
- Inhibition of systemic inflammatory response with sodium nitroprusside in open heart surgeryM K Gol
Cardiovascular Surgery Clinic, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 43:803-9. 2002A nitric oxide donor, sodium nitroprusside has been reported to reduce the inflammatory response during cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB). To investigate this, a double-blind and prospective study was conducted.
- Diabetic retinopathy is related to both endothelium-dependent and -independent responses of skin microvascular flowThanh T Nguyen
Centre for Eye Research Australia, Royal Victorian University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Diabetes Care 34:1389-93. 2011..We examined the relationship of DR to endothelium-dependent and endothelium-independent responses in skin microvascular flow...
- Influence of diabetes mellitus, hypercholesterolemia, and their combination on EDHF-mediated responses in miceKeiko Morikawa
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 45:485-90. 2005..Endothelium-independent relaxations to sodium nitroprusside or NS1619, a direct opener of calcium-activated K channels, were attenuated in ApoE-/- and diabetic ApoE-/- ..
- Apocynin normalizes hyperreactivity to phenylephrine in mesenteric arteries from cholesterol-fed mice by improving endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor responseTakayuki Matsumoto
Department of Physiology and Morphology, Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 41:1289-303. 2006....
- Periodontal infection is associated with endothelial dysfunction in healthy subjects and hypertensive patientsYukihito Higashi
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology and Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Hypertension 51:446-53. 2008..We evaluated forearm blood flow responses to acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside in patients with periodontitis who had no other cardiovascular risk factors (32 men; 25+/-3 years of age), in ..
- Evaluation of microvascular endothelial function in patients with type 1 diabetes using laser-Doppler perfusion monitoring: which method to choose?Marilia B Gomes
Diabetes Unit, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Microvasc Res 76:132-3. 2008..Diabetes Care 23, 215-220]. In this study, we assessed skin microvascular function of patients with type 1 diabetes using laser-Doppler perfusion monitoring (LDPM) coupled with physiological and pharmacological local vasodilator stimuli...
- Nitric oxide induces osteoblast apoptosis through the de novo synthesis of Bax proteinRuei Ming Chen
Department of Anesthesiology, Taipei Medical College, Wan Fang Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Orthop Res 20:295-302. 2002..This study is designed to evaluate the toxic effects of NO released by sodium nitroprusside (SNP), an NO donor, on neonatal Wistar rat calvarial osteoblasts from the analyses of cell viability, alkaline ..
- Molecular mechanism of nitric oxide-induced osteoblast apoptosisRuei Ming Chen
Department of Anesthesiology, Wan Fang Hospital, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, No 111, Hsing Lung Rd, Sec 3, Taipei 116, Taiwan
J Orthop Res 23:462-8. 2005..Exposure of osteoblasts to sodium nitroprusside (SNP), an NO donor, significantly increased amounts of lactate dehydrogenase in the culture medium, and ..
- Runx2-mediated bcl-2 gene expression contributes to nitric oxide protection against hydrogen peroxide-induced osteoblast apoptosisWei Pin Ho
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Taipei Medical University Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Cell Biochem 108:1084-93. 2009..This study was aimed to evaluate the protective effects of pretreatment with sodium nitroprusside (SNP) as a source of NO on hydrogen peroxide-induced osteoblast insults and its possible mechanisms...
- An in vivo model for the assessment of acute fibrinolytic capacity of the endotheliumD E Newby
Clinical Pharmacology Unit and Research Centre, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Scotland, UK
Thromb Haemost 78:1242-8. 1997..and coagulation parameters of intraarterial substance P, an endothelium dependent vasodilator, and sodium nitroprusside, a control endothelium independent vasodilator, were studied in the human forearm circulation...
- Characterization of small arteries isolated from the human placental chorionic plateM Wareing
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre, University of Manchester, Academic Unit of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Reproductive Health Care, St Mary s Hospital, Whitworth Park, Manchester, M13 0JH, UK
Placenta 23:400-9. 2002..Relaxations were only achieved with endothelial-independent agonists (sodium nitroprusside and papaverine).
- Attenuation of eNOS expression in cadmium-induced hypertensive ratsNattaporn Yoopan
Toxicology Graduate Programme, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama 6 Rd, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Toxicol Lett 176:157-61. 2008..However, Cd exposure did not alter the vascular relaxation induced by sodium nitroprusside (SNP) which is a nitric oxide donor...
- Low-frequency oscillations of the laser Doppler perfusion signal in human skinPer Kvandal
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Ulleval University Hospital, 0407 Oslo, Norway
Microvasc Res 72:120-7. 2006..the endothelium-dependent vasodilator acetylcholine (ACh) and the endothelium-independent vasodilator sodium nitroprusside (SNP) were measured in healthy male volunteers and the wavelet transform was computed...
- A protocol for iontophoresis of acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside that minimises nonspecific vasodilatory effectsErik J Droog
The Burns Unit, Department of Hand and Plastic Surgery, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Microvasc Res 67:197-202. 2004..M) on the nonspecific vasodilatation during iontophoresis of sodium chloride, acetylcholine (ACh) and sodium nitroprusside (SNP)...
- Apoptotic insults to human chondrocytes induced by sodium nitroprusside are involved in sequential events, including cytoskeletal remodeling, phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase-1/c-Jun N-terminal kinase, and Bax-mitochondriaYih Giun Cherng
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, No 250 Wu Hsing St, Taipei 110, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Orthop Res 26:1018-26. 2008..This study was aimed to evaluate the molecular mechanisms of NO donor sodium nitroprusside (SNP)-induced insults to human chondrocytes...
- Iron released by sodium nitroprusside contributes to heme oxygenase-1 induction via the cAMP-protein kinase A-mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in RAW 264.7 cellsHye Jung Kim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju, South Korea
Mol Pharmacol 69:1633-40. 2006..Sodium nitroprusside (SNP) produces NO and iron...
- Hydrogen sulfide interacts with nitric oxide in the heart: possible involvement of nitroxylQian Chen Yong
Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 18 Medical Drive, MD2, 117597, Singapore, Singapore
Cardiovasc Res 88:482-91. 2010..The present study aims to investigate the interaction between nitric oxide (NO) and hydrogen sulfide (H(2)S), the two important gaseous mediators in rat hearts...
- Autologous bone-marrow mononuclear cell implantation improves endothelium-dependent vasodilation in patients with limb ischemiaYukihito Higashi
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology and Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Circulation 109:1215-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine whether autologous bone-marrow mononuclear cell (BM-MNC) implantation improves endothelial dysfunction in patients with limb ischemia...
- Physical activity prevents age-related impairment in nitric oxide availability in elderly athletesS Taddei
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Circulation 101:2896-901. 2000..Since exercise can improve endothelium-dependent vasodilation, in the present study we tested whether long-term physical activity could prevent aging-related endothelial dysfunction...
- Inflammatory suppression rapidly attenuates microvascular dysfunction in rheumatoid arthritisDeepankar Datta
Centre for Rheumatic Diseases, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Atherosclerosis 192:391-5. 2007..imaging combined with iontophoresis of the vasodilators acetylcholine (ACh, endothelium dependent) and sodium nitroprusside (SNP, endothelium independent) to the forearm...
- Impaired skin microvascular function in children, adolescents, and young adults with type 1 diabetesF Khan
University Department of Medicine, Child Health Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Diabetes Care 23:215-20. 2000..factors involved, we measured microvascular responses to endothelium-dependent (acetylcholine) and endothelium-independent (sodium nitroprusside) vasodilators in 56 patients with type 1 diabetes (aged 9-22 years) and 22 control subjects.
- Influence of type II diabetes on arterial tone and endothelial function in murine mesenteric resistance arteriesG J Lagaud
Vancouver Vascular Biology Research Centre, Department of Cardiovascular Research, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
J Vasc Res 38:578-89. 2001..Therefore, heightened activation of PKC(beta) and release of a vasoconstrictor prostanoid could play a role in endothelial dysfunction associated with type II diabetes...
- Effect of nitric oxide on mitochondrial respiratory activity of human articular chondrocytesE Maneiro
Laboratory of Investigation, Rheumatology Division, Juan Canalejo Hospital, C Xubias 84, 15006 A Coruna, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 64:388-95. 2005..To investigate the effect of nitric oxide (NO) on mitochondrial activity and its relation with the apoptosis of human articular chondrocytes...
- Reactive oxygen species mediate p53 activation and apoptosis induced by sodium nitroprusside in SH-SY5Y cellsSimone Cardaci
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133 Rome, Italy
Mol Pharmacol 74:1234-45. 2008Sodium nitroprusside (SNP) is a water-soluble iron nitrosyl complex clinically used as a powerful vasodilator for treatment of hypertension; and, in basic research, it has been used to mainly investigate the cytotoxic effects of ..
- Nitric oxide modulates superoxide release and peroxynitrite formation in human blood vesselsTomasz J Guzik
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, United Kingdom
Hypertension 39:1088-94. 2002....
- Molecular mechanism of PC12 cell death evoked by sodium nitroprusside, a nitric oxide donorMagdalena Pytlowany
Department of Cellular Signaling, Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warszawa, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 55:339-47. 2008..In this study we investigated biochemical processes leading to cell death evoked by an NO donor, sodium nitroprusside (SNP)...
- Generalized impairment of vasodilator reactivity during hyperinsulinemia in patients with obesity-related metabolic syndromeFrancesca Schinzari
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E947-52. 2010..Forearm blood flow responses to graded doses of acetylcholine, sodium nitroprusside, and verapamil were assessed by strain-gauge plethysmography in patients with obesity-related MetS (n = 20) ..
- Impaired microvascular function in normal children: effects of adiposity and poor glucose handlingFaisel Khan
Vascular Diseases Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
J Physiol 551:705-11. 2003..responses, measured using laser Doppler imaging, to iontophoresis of acetylcholine (ACh) and sodium nitroprusside (SNP), were negatively correlated with percentage body fat (r = -0.20, P < 0.05 and r = -0.18, P < 0...
- The effect of the nitric oxide donor sodium nitroprusside on glucose uptake in human primary skeletal muscle cellsDarren C Henstridge
Alfred and Baker Medical Unit, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne 8008, Vic, Australia
Nitric Oxide 21:126-31. 2009..The current study sought to determine whether the NO donor, sodium nitroprusside (SNP) increases glucose uptake in primary human skeletal muscle cells (HSkMC) derived from both healthy ..
- Down-regulation of survivin in nitric oxide-induced cell growth inhibition and apoptosis of the human lung carcinoma cellsJui I Chao
Molecular Toxicology Laboratory, Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Life Sciences, Tzu Chi University, 701 Section 3 Chung Yang Road, Hualien 970, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 279:20267-76. 2004..NO donors S-nitroso-N-acetyl-penicillamine (SNAP) and sodium nitroprusside (SNP) decreased the survivin expression. SNAP (0...
- Oxidation of mitochondrial deoxynucleotide pools by exposure to sodium nitroprusside induces cell deathJunji Ichikawa
Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
DNA Repair (Amst) 7:418-30. 2008..We examined whether hMTH1 prevents cellular dysfunction induced by sodium nitroprusside, a spontaneous NO donor...
- Nitric oxide is involved in phosphorus deficiency-induced cluster-root development and citrate exudation in white lupinB L Wang
Department of Plant Nutrition, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
New Phytol 187:1112-23. 2010..White lupin plants were treated with the NO donor sodium nitroprusside (SNP) and scavenger or inhibitor of NO synthase under conditions of P deficiency (0 muM) or P sufficiency (50 ..
- Attenuation of ischemia/reperfusion induced MAP kinases by N-acetyl cysteine, sodium nitroprusside and phosphoramidonA Mehta
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 240:19-29. 2002..the therapeutic potential of the combination of N-acetyl cysteine (NAC), a potent antioxidant, sodium nitroprusside (SNP), a nitric oxide donor and phosphoramidon (P), an endothelin-1 converting enzyme inhibitor in ..
- Sodium nitroprusside for advanced low-output heart failureWilfried Mullens
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kaufman Center for Heart Failure, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:200-7. 2008This study was designed to examine the safety and efficacy of sodium nitroprusside (SNP) for patients with acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF) and low-output states.
- Sodium nitroprusside compared with isoflurane-induced hypotension: the effects on brain oxygenation and arteriovenous shuntingW E Hoffman
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Anesth Analg 93:166-70. 2001We compared sodium nitroprusside (SNP)-induced hypotension with 3% isoflurane-induced hypotension with regard to brain tissue oxygen pressure (PtO(2)), middle cerebral artery (MCA) blood flow, and cerebral arteriovenous shunting...
- Cryptotanshinone from Salviae miltiorrhizae radix inhibits sodium-nitroprusside-induced apoptosis in neuro-2a cellsRamalingam Mahesh
Oriental Medicine R and D Center, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongguk University, Gyeongju 780 714, Republic of Korea
Phytother Res 26:1211-9. 2012..we evaluated the neuroprotective effect of cryptotanshinone (CRT) from Salviae miltiorrhizae radix on sodium-nitroprusside (SNP)-induced apoptosis in neuro-2a (N2a) cells, and further investigated its action mechanism in signalling ..
- Reduction of infarct size by the NO donors sodium nitroprusside and spermine/NO after transient focal cerebral ischemia in ratsJ B Salom
Centro de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Universidad de Valencia, Ave Campanar 21, E46009, Valencia, Spain
Brain Res 865:149-56. 2000..the hemodynamic and possible neuroprotective effects of two NO donors, the classical nitrovasodilator sodium nitroprusside (SNP) and the NONOate spermine/NO, after transient focal cerebral ischemia in rats...
- Sodium nitroprusside induces apoptosis of H9C2 cardiac muscle cells in a c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent mannerH J Chae
Department of Pharmacology and Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Chonbuk National University, South Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 1:967-78. 2001Sodium nitroprusside (SNP) induces apoptosis in H9C2 cardiac muscle cells...
- RANTES release contributes to the protective action of PACAP38 against sodium nitroprusside in cortical neuronsAlma Sanchez
Garrison Institute on Aging, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th Street Stop 9424, Lubbock, TX 79430, United States
Neuropeptides 43:315-20. 2009..The data show that incubation of neuronal cultures with both PACAP38 and sodium nitroprusside (SNP) reduces the neuronal cell death evoked by SNP alone...
- Impairment of acetylcholine-mediated endothelium-dependent relaxation in isolated parotid artery of the alloxan-induced diabetic rabbitJelena Roganovic
Department of Pharmacology, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Eur J Oral Sci 119:352-60. 2011....
- Contradictory effects of sodium nitroprusside and S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine on oxidative stress in brain dopamine neurons in vivoPekka Rauhala
Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 962:60-72. 2002..in the brain, we compared the in vivo role of S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine (SNAP) with that of sodium nitroprusside (SNP) on ferrous citrate-induced oxidative stress and neuronal loss in the rat nigrostriatal dopaminergic ..
- Role of ROS in the protective effect of silibinin on sodium nitroprusside-induced apoptosis in rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cellsBinbin Liu
China Japan Research Institute of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, PR China
Free Radic Res 45:835-47. 2011..This study assessed the effect of silibinin on sodium nitroprusside (SNP)-treated rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cells...
- No nitric oxide for HO-1 from sodium nitroprussideHenning Schroder
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, Martin Luther University, Halle, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 69:1507-9. 2006..Besides other clinically established NO releasing drugs, sodium nitroprusside (SNP) has frequently been employed as an experimental tool to explore effects of NO on HO-1 and other ..
- Mutagenesis induced by the nitric oxide donor sodium nitroprusside in mouse cellsDong Hyun Lee
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Mutagenesis 22:63-7. 2007..Nitric oxide releasing compounds, such as sodium nitroprusside, are widely used for the therapy of hypertension and other disorders...
- Neuroprotective effects of curcumin and highly bioavailable curcumin on oxidative stress induced by sodium nitroprusside in rat striatal cell cultureQand Agha Nazari
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, 46 29 Shimoadachicho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 36:1356-62. 2013..investigate the protective effects of curcumin and THERACURMIN, a highly bioavailable curcumin, against sodium nitroprusside (SNP)-induced oxidative damage in primary striatal cell culture...
- Maximal hyperemia in the assessment of fractional flow reserve: intracoronary adenosine versus intracoronary sodium nitroprusside versus intravenous adenosine: the NASCI (Nitroprussiato versus Adenosina nelle Stenosi Coronariche Intermedie) studyAntonio Maria Leone
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 5:402-8. 2012This study sought to compare increasing doses of intracoronary (i.c.) adenosine or i.c. sodium nitroprusside versus intravenous (i.v.) adenosine for fractional flow reserve (FFR) assessment.
- Nitroglycerin and sodium nitroprusside: potential contributors to postoperative bleeding?Donald Clark
Department of Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Heart Surg Forum 15:E92-6. 2012..Antihypertensive agents nitroglycerin and sodium nitroprusside have been shown to have platelet inhibitory properties, yet the clinical consequence in terms of postoperative ..
- Efficiency of aerosolized nitric oxide donor drugs to achieve sustained pulmonary vasodilationH Schutte
Department of Internal Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 282:985-94. 1997..The NO-donor drugs molsidomine, 3-morpholinosydnone-imine (SIN-1), sodium nitroprusside (SNP) and glyceryl-trinitrate reduced the pulmonary hypertension in a dose-dependent fashion, whether admixed ..
- Effects of L-NA and sodium nitroprusside on ischemia/reperfusion-induced leukocyte adhesion and macromolecular leakage in hamster cheek pouch venulesC Simoes
Laboratório de Pesquisas em Microcirculação, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rua Sao Francisco Xavier 524, Rio de Janeiro, 20550 013, Brazil
Microvasc Res 62:128-35. 2001..of a nitric oxide synthase inhibitor (l-NA, Nomega-nitro-L-arginine) and a nitric oxide donor, sodium nitroprusside (SNP), could modulate leukocyte adhesion (sticking) and microvascular permeability as altered by ischemia/..
- Aberrant changes of Wnt2/beta-catenin signaling pathway induced by sodium nitroprusside in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell linesWei Wang
Laboratory for Cell Biology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, 40 Daxue Road, Zhengzhou, Henan 450052, China
Cancer Invest 28:230-41. 2010..Here we identify that Wnt2/beta-catenin signaling pathway is activated in ESCC cells, and sodium nitroprusside (SNP) and siRNA against beta-catenin not only inhibit the expressions of beta-catenin and its major downstream ..
- The effect of mode of delivery on placental chorionic plate vascular reactivityTracey A Mills
Division of Human Development, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Hypertens Pregnancy 26:201-10. 2007..To determine whether delivery mode influences placental chorionic plate arterial and venous vascular reactivity...
- Inhibition by nitroprusside of platelet calcium mobilization: evidence for reduced sensitivity to nitric oxide in essential hypertensionJ D Woods
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, United Medical School, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
J Hypertens 11:1369-73. 1993..The objective of this study was to determine whether platelet sensitivity to the inhibitory activity of sodium nitroprusside, a donor of NO, is abnormal in hypertension...
- The use of an in vivo model to study the effects of hyperhomocysteinaemia on vascular functionMonica Hansrani
Northern Vascular Unit, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Surg Res 145:13-8. 2008..To use an in vivo rat model of hyperhomocysteinaemia (HHCy) to study its impact on vascular function...
- Relaxant effects of sodium nitroprusside and NONOates in goat middle cerebral artery: delayed impairment by global ischemia-reperfusionJ B Salom
Centro de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Departamento de Biologia Animal, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
Nitric Oxide 3:85-93. 1999..One week later the effects of ischemia-reperfusion on relaxations to NO donors sodium nitroprusside (SNP), diethylamine/NO (DEA/NO), diethylenetriamine/NO (DETA/NO), and spermine/NO (SPER/NO) were studied in ..
- Comparison of combination therapy of adenosine and nitroprusside with adenosine alone in the treatment of angiographic no-reflow phenomenonCem Barcin
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 61:484-91. 2004We sought to compare the combination therapy of adenosine and nitroprusside in no-reflow phenomenon during percutaneous coronary intervention. Improvement in coronary flow from no-reflow to postdrug state was evaluated...
- Treatment of slow/no-reflow phenomenon with intracoronary nitroprusside injection in primary coronary intervention for acute myocardial infarctionHuang Joe Wang
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 63:171-6. 2004..Multiple bolus doses (100 microg) of nitroprusside were injected into the index artery through the guiding catheter using a 3 ml syringe until the TIMI flow ..
- Intermittent low dose intrathecal sodium nitroprusside therapy for treatment of symptomatic aneurysmal SAH-induced vasospasmA Pathak
Department of Neurosurgery and Radiodiagnosis, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Br J Neurosurg 17:306-10. 2003Eight patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) received intrathecal sodium nitroprusside therapy (ITSNPT) in the form of intermittent bolus doses for delayed cerebral vasospasm after undergoing clipping of an aneurysm...
- Prolonged local forearm hyperinsulinemia induces sustained enhancement of nitric oxide-dependent vasodilation in healthy subjectsThomas S Hermann
Department of Cardiology Y, Bispebjerg University Hospital, Copenhagen NV, Denmark
Endothelium 11:231-9. 2004..and -independent vasodilatation was studied during intra-arterial infusion of serotonin and sodium nitroprusside (SNP), respectively. Forearm blood flow was measured by plethysmography...
- Copper(II) and cobalt(III) pyridoxal thiosemicarbazone complexes with nitroprusside as counterion: syntheses, electronic properties, and antileukemic activityMarisa Belicchi-Ferrari
Dipartimento di Chimica Generale ed Inorganica, Chimica Analitica, Chimica Fisica, Parco Area delle Scienze, 17 A, Universita degli Studi di Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Med Chem 48:1671-5. 2005In this paper the syntheses of new pyridoxal thiosemicarbazone copper(II) and cobalt(III) complexes with nitroprusside as a counterion and tests on the antileukemic activity of three of these complexes toward human cell lines U937 and ..
- Divergent effects of nitric oxide donors on the biliary efflux transporters in isolated perfused rat livers: nitric oxide-independent inhibition of ABC transporters by sodium nitroprussideRidhi Parasrampuria
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, Texas 79106, USA
Drug Metab Lett 5:64-72. 2011..we investigated the short-term (2 h) effects of a low or high concentration of nitric oxide (NO) donors sodium nitroprusside (SNP) and isosorbide dinitrate (ISDN) on the hepatobiliary disposition of RH-123 and its metabolite in an ..
- Oral sildenafil increases skin hyperaemia induced by iontophoresis of sodium nitroprusside in healthy volunteersS Blaise
Inserm CIC3, Grenoble Clinical Research Center, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Br J Pharmacol 160:1128-34. 2010..Here, we tested whether sildenafil, alone or combined with local sodium nitroprusside (SNP) delivered through skin iontophoresis, increased forearm cutaneous blood conductance in healthy ..
- Nitroprusside modulates pulmonary vein arrhythmogenic activityYung Kuo Lin
Department of Biomedical Engineering, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 17:20. 2010..This study is aimed to study the effects of nitroprusside (NO donor), on the ionic currents and arrhythmogenic activity of single cardiomyocytes from the PVs.
- Sodium nitroprusside-induced rat fundus relaxation is ryanodine-sensitive and involves L-type Ca2+ channel and small conductance Ca(2+)-sensitive K+ channel componentsJ Geeson
School of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 5XH, UK
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 22:297-301. 20021 The aim of this study was to examine whether sodium nitroprusside (SNP)-induced relaxation of rat fundus longitudinal smooth muscle involves ryanodine-sensitive Ca2+ release...
- Sodium nitroprusside induces mild oxidative stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeOleh V Lushchak
Department of Biochemistry, Vassyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, Ivano Frankivsk, Ukraine
Redox Rep 13:144-52. 2008..the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae was treated under aerobic conditions with the nitric oxide donor, sodium nitroprusside (SNP), at concentrations of 1, 5 and 10 mM...
- Stretch-dependent potassium channels in murine colonic smooth muscle cellsS D Koh
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89557, USA
J Physiol 533:155-63. 2001..In summary, SDK channels are an important conductance expressed by colonic muscle cells. SDK channels may stabilize membrane potential during dynamic changes in cell length and mediate responses to enteric neurotransmitters...
- Endotracheal inhalatory sodium nitroprusside in severely hypoxic newbornsD B Palhares
Department of Pediatrics, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul UFMS, Campo Grande, MS, Brazil
J Perinat Med 26:219-24. 1998..All had severe hypoxia and were treated with a solution of sodium nitroprusside (SNP) administered through a special adapter for continuous endotracheal inhalation...
- Sodium nitroprusside treatment during the superovulation process improves ovarian response and ovarian expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in aged female miceDong Hyung Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pusan National University College of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea
Fertil Steril 89:1514-21. 2008To investigate whether sodium nitroprusside (SNP) treatment during the superovulation process improves ovarian response and oocyte developmental competence in aged female mice.
- New insights in mechanisms of renal injuryBalakuntalam S Kasinath; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test the requirement of GSK3b inactivation in diabetic renal disease. Sodium nitroprusside (SNP) stimulates GSK3beta and inhibits renal hypertrophy and albuminuria in type 1 diabetic mice...
- Mechanisms of Vasovagal SyncopeJulian M Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..after NOS inhibition with nitro-L-arginine (NLA) and after repletion of NO during perfusion with NLA+sodium nitroprusside (SNP). We will obtain skin biopsies for NOS isoform protein and expression...
- Novel bundled mechanical and pharmacological CPR platformAnja Metzger; Fiscal Year: 2012..pressure regulation (IPR) technology to test the hypothesis that by using a combination of sodium nitroprusside (SNP), a potent vasodilator, and mechanical, non-invasive CPR adjuncts like Active Compression Decompression (..
- Development of S-Nitrosothiol-based Therapy for Alzheimer's DiseaseAvtar K Singh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Currently, free NO donors, such as sodium nitroprusside and nitroglycerine, are being used in various clinical settings...
- Muscle Perfusion and Protein Metabolism in ElderlyMelinda Sheffield Moore; Fiscal Year: 2009..in elderly, either through aerobic exercise or peripheral vasodilation (femoral arterial infusion of sodium nitroprusside at 8 microg/min) both with and without amino acids...
- BAROREFLEX AND POSTERIOR HYPOTHALAMIC NEUROPEPTIDE-YJohn Martin; Fiscal Year: 1991..heart rates to rapid changes in blood pressure induced by a vasoconstrictor (phenylephrine) and a vasodilator (nitroprusside) before and during the pressor response to NPY or CCH...
- Sodium nitroprusside and mechanical CPR adjuncts for cardio-cerebral resuscitatioDemetri Yannopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that by using a combination of sodium nitroprusside (SNP), a potent vasodilator, and mechanical CPR adjuncts we can effectively normalize CPR-generated blood flow ..
- INTERVENTIONS TO PROMOTE VENTILATOR WEANINGKathleen Stone; Fiscal Year: 2002..2) to compare CP hemodynamics prior to and following afterload reduction with nitroprusside during the transition from MV to SpV (T-piece, CPAP & PS) in GI and GII canines...
- SEROTONIN AND EICOSANOID INTERACTION IN LUNG VASOMOTIONWENDELL HOFMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..by employing Ca++ channel antagonist specific for either a VOC (verapamil, diltiazem, nitrendipine) or ROC (nitroprusside, nitroglycerin) and VOC patentiators (BAY K 8644)...
- LOCATION OF PORE SYSTEMS IN CAPILLARY WALLSGeorge Palade; Fiscal Year: 2000..the influence of negative and possible positive modulators of transcytosis, and they include NEM, Na-nitroprusside, ANP and Ca++ ionophores...
- SURGICAL CORDIOPULMONARY BYPASS AND CEREBRAL RESISTANCEWilliam Johnston; Fiscal Year: 1993..directly into the cerebrospinal fluid space, increases cerebral blood flow more than acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside indicating that hypothermic bypass impairs endothelially mediated relaxation of cerebral vascular smooth ..
- VASODILATOR-ASSISTED HYPERTHERMIA OF DEEP SEATED TUMORSGILBERT NUSSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 1991..term objective will be pursued through investigation of the effects of the vasodilators hydralazine and sodium nitroprusside on perfusion rate (capillary blood flow) and hyperthermic temperature distributions in spontaneous, ..
- ABDOMINAL FAT AND AUTONOMIC CIRCULATORY CONTROL IN HUMANKevin Davy; Fiscal Year: 2003..Bolus infusions of nitroprusside and phenylephrine and simultaneously acquired B-mode ultrasound images of the carotid artery dimensions will ..
- Adenosine and Nitric Oxide DeficiencyItalo Biaggioni; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., acetylcholine) and of c-GMP-mediated vasodilators (e.g. nitroprusside)...
- ROLE OF HEMODYNAMICS IN IN VIVO INSULIN RESISTANCEKieren Mather; Fiscal Year: 2003..and independent vasodilation will be assessed with intra-arterial infusion of methacholine chloride and sodium nitroprusside, respectively, during infusion of saline or the endothelin A (ET A) receptor antagonist BQ-123...
- CYCLIC GMP REGULATION OF SMOOTH MUSCLE CONTRACTILITYRobert Rapoport; Fiscal Year: 1990..These include nitrovasodilators (nitroglycerin, sodium nitroprusside, etc.), endothelium-dependent vasodilators (thrombin, ATP, acetylcholine, etc...
- AUTONOMIC FUNCTION IN RENOVASCULAR HYPERTENSIONBARBARA BARRON; Fiscal Year: 2000..Decreased arterial pressure by nitroprusside stimulates sympathetic and depresses vagal outflows...
- VASOACTIVE AGENTS IN SPLANCHNIC VISCERA OF PRIMATESKenneth Swan; Fiscal Year: 1980..We propose to compare the effects of three clinically available agents --Papaverine, Nitroprusside, and Dopamine--upon splanchnic hemodynamic event in subhuman primates...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF CORPUS CAVERNOSUM FIBROSISRobert Moreland; Fiscal Year: 1999..This synthesis was suppressed by prostaglandin E1, forskolin, isoproterenol and sodium nitroprusside, agents which elevate cyclic nucleotide levels...
- ARTERIAL BARORECEPTORS IN CARDIOVASCULAR CONTROLRobert Cox; Fiscal Year: 1980..The effects on occlusion responses of changes in mean arterial pressure produced by IV phenylephrine or nitroprusside will be determined. Alterations by pentobarbital, halothane and chloralose anesthesia will be studied...
- EFFECT OF SODIUM ON BAROREFLEX FUNCTION IN MANMark Creager; Fiscal Year: 1991..such as lower body negative pressure, neck positive and neck negative pressure and phenylephrine and nitroprusside infusions...
- The postmenopausal hot flash: cutaneous and hemodynamic mechanismsCRAIG CRANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, symptoms of a hot flash have been reported to be similar to systemic sodium nitroprusside administration (an NO donor that increases cutaneous vascular conductance and lowers blood pressure)...
- MECHANISMS OF RENAL IMPAIRMENT IN HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIALilach Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2003..relaxation to acetylcholine will be compared to smooth muscle relaxation produced by sodium nitroprusside, an NO donor. Vascular reactivity to free isoprostanes will be compared to the thromboxane mimetic U46619...
- VASOPRESSIN-CRF-ACTH INTERACTIONS IN CONSCIOUS STATEHershel Raff; Fiscal Year: 1990..The ACTH and cortisol response to nitroprusside-induced clamped decreases in blood pressure and to exogenous ovine CRF infusions will be determined in intact ..
- SODIUM CHLORIDE AND HYPERTENSIONTheodore Kotchen; Fiscal Year: 1990..rat and man) and direct recordings of sympathetic nerve activity (rat) to infusions of phenylephrine and nitroprusside will be studied...
- ACUTE BRAIN INJURY AFTER SUBARACHNOID HEMORRHAGEJoshua Bederson; Fiscal Year: 2001..can be reduced by enhancing vasodilatory tone and inhibiting vasoconstrictive tone with the NO donor sodium nitroprusside or the cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase inhibitor Zaprinast, the nonspecific c-AMP phosphodiesterase (PDE) ..
- REGULATION OF THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEMWALTER RANDALL; Fiscal Year: 1980..Pulmonary dynamic parameters during nitroprusside, carotid occlusion, and during acute lung injury were reported...
- Role of TRP Channels in Statin Reversal of Nephropathy in Early Stage Type 2 DMSTEVEN SANSOM; Fiscal Year: 2009..expression in glomeruli of SMV- treated type 2 DM mice, (4) inhibition of mesangial SOC channels by sodium nitroprusside and 8-Br-cGMP, (5) the identification of PKG-1a in HMC using immunostaining and Western blot and (6) the ..
- Time Domains of Sympathetic Activity following HypoxiaJames Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2006..use intra-arterial a-receptor blockade to test for sustained vasodilation and we will use phenylephrine and nitroprusside to assess baroreflex sensitivity...
- MICROCIRCULATORY PROTECTION IN LATE PRECONDITIONINGWei Wang; Fiscal Year: 2001..Acetylcholine and nitroprusside will be infused into the vascular network of the cremaster muscle to test the endothelium dependent nitric ..
- REGULATION OF VASCULAR ENDOTHELIN PRODUCTIONA Whorton; Fiscal Year: 1993..peptide), investigate the response of cells to vasoactive mediators (thrombin, phorbol esters) and drugs (nitroprusside, A23187, forskolin) and examine the response of cells to environmental stimuli which are known to produce ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF ISCHEMIC MYOCARDIUMDavid Warltier; Fiscal Year: 1991..independent (sodium nitroprusside, glyceryl trinitrate) vasodilators on myocardial blood flow in the normal and ischemic coronary circulation ..
- Anti-Selectin Blocker for Organ Ischemic InjuryLUIS TOLEDO PEREYRA; Fiscal Year: 2002..To determine if the addition of other well known drugs (eg. Verapamil-calcium channel blocker- and Nitroprusside -nitric oxide donor-) will enhance the effect of this novel anti-selectin blocker...
- A NEW METHOD FOR ANALYSIS OF CORONARY ARTERY BEHAVIORThomas Williams; Fiscal Year: 1980..g., epinephrine, nitroprusside, isoprotereral, dobutamine). The above studies will be repeated in the chronically collateralized coronary bed...
- Coupling of 5-HT Receptors to Neuroprotective PathwaysDANIEL COWEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..to determine whether they can inhibit the apoptosis induced by two well-studied inducers of apoptosis: 1) nitroprusside (through nitric oxide toxicity) and 2) camptothecin (through DNA damage)...
- CARDIAC A1-ADENOSINE RECEPTOR RESERVEJohn Shryock; Fiscal Year: 2000..sympathetic neural activity will be tested by measuring the magnitude of reflex tachycardia caused by nitroprusside-induced hypotension, in the absence and presence of A1AdoR antagonists and of an allosteric enhancer of ..
- Role of Nitric Oxide in the Progression of Murine CancerRose Fife; Fiscal Year: 2002..g., administration of sodium nitroprusside or NOC-12 [1hydroxy-2-oxo-3- (N-ethyl-2-aminoethyl)-3-ethyl-l-triazine] will increase tumor invasiveness...
- MECHANISMS MEDIATING CARDIOVASCULAR RESPONSES TO SMOKINGVirend Somers; Fiscal Year: 2003..Attenuation of the pressor effect of cigarette smoking (using intravenous nitroprusside infusion) is accompanied by increases in muscle SNA...
- PHYSIOLOGY AND PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF ESOPHAGEAL MOTILITYRaj Goyal; Fiscal Year: 2002..The aim of this application is to examine the actions of sodium nitroprusside (a NO+ donor), nitrocycteine ( a NO+ donor and putative EDRF), and amine/NO adducts ( NO* donors like DNO)...
- ESTROGEN AND BLOOD PRESSURE DYNAMICS IN AGING WOMENLewis Lipsitz; Fiscal Year: 1999..BP, sympathetic nerve activity to the leg vasculature (SNA), and calf blood flow (CBF) in response to nitroprusside infusion, in 24 healthy post-menopausal women before and six months after estrogen replacement therapy or ..
- The Effects of Exercise Training on Coronary Vascular Function in Heart FailureCRAIG EMTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..in vivo smooth muscle dependent coronary vascular function after intracoronary exposure to adenosine, sodium nitroprusside, ET-1, and sarafotoxin (an ET-B receptor agonist) in HF;2) Determine the effect of exercise training on LV ..
- CENTRAL BLOOD PRESSURE REGULATION IN AGEDRUBEN BUNAG; Fiscal Year: 1990..nerve responses produced reflexly as blood pressure is elevated with phenylephrine or lowered with sodium nitroprusside; these baroreflex responses would then be compared with those obtained from younger normotensive or ..
- MECHANISMS OF CUTANEOUS ACTIVE VASODILATIONDean Kellogg; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, intradermal microdialysis will be combined with measurements of bioavailable NO by NO-selective amperometric electrode to define further how the NO system functions in cutaneous active vasodilation. ..
- NITROXIDERGIC CEREBROVASCULAR TONE DURING ANESTHESIAShailendra Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ESTROGEN EFFECT ON COLLATERAL GROWTH AND FUNCTIONKathryn Lamping; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Skin Blood Flow in Diabetes: Local and Reflex ControlNisha Charkoudian; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Mechanism of apoptosis in lung vascular smooth muscleYUICHIRO JUSTIN SUZUKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These results will be significant because they are expected to provide new agents against pulmonary hypertension. In addition, the results will fundamentally advance the field of lung biology. ..
- Plasminogen activators and cerebral ischemic injuryWilliam M Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Bradykinin Receptor Antagonism During Cardiopulmonary BypassMias Pretorius; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies promise to provide important information regarding the effects of drugs that interrupt the RAS and generate new strategies to reduce morbidity in patients undergoing CPB. ..
- Endothelial Transduction of Shear StressTIMOTHY NURKIEWICZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Humoral Interactions in long-term blood pressure controlVIRGINIA BROOKS; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Caveolae and Anesthetic Induced Cardiac ProtectionDavid M Roth; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed work will provide novel data with specific clinical implications for patients with myocardial ischemia or patients at high cardiac risk undergoing cardiac or noncardiac surgery. ..
- NITRIC OXIDE, PLP ACYLATION & THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF MSOSCAR BIZZOZERO; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Signaling for cardioprotection against oxidative stressYuichiro Suzuki; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, it is expected that the results will fundamentally advance the field of cardiac muscle cell biology. ..
- POTASSIUM CHANNELS AND CEREBRAL HEMODYNAMICS AFTER BRAINWilliam Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to therapies for brain injured children. ..
- Cardiovascular Response to Glutamate Nitric OxideWILLIAM TALMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..e. on nNOS immunoreactive dendrites or neurons in NTS. ..
- MECHANISMS OF NO-MEDIATED PROTEIN S-NITROSYLATION IN EAEOSCAR BIZZOZERO; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cerebral Microvascular Endothelin ProductionMomoh Yakubu; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our understanding of the mechanisms underlying the consequences of SAH will make it possible for early and appropriate intervention to prevent or reduce these complications from hemorrhagic stroke. ..
- Influence of blood pressure on PAD distributionSean Newcomer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Lastly, atherosclerotic lesions will be assessed using histological analysis in conjuction with the Stary scale. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND SALT APPETITEFRANCIS FLYNN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful completion of the proposed work will expand the knowledge base on brain mechanisms controlling bodily fluid homeostasis. ..
- Heme oxygenase and cerebral vascular injuryHelena Parfenova; Fiscal Year: 2008..Better understanding of the mechanisms of postictal cerebral vascular dysfunction is needed to improve the long-term neurological outcome in human newborns. ..
- Neuroscience Center for Biomedical Research ExcellenceFrancis W Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2010....