Genomes and Genes
Summary: A strong oxidizing agent.
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Glycol-cleavage oxidationArthur S Perlin
Department of Chemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, PQ H3A 2K6
Adv Carbohydr Chem Biochem 60:183-250. 2006
- Rebamipide increases mucin-like substance contents and periodic acid Schiff reagent-positive cells density in normal rabbitsHiroki Urashima
Ako Research Institute, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Ako, Hyogo, Japan
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:264-70. 2012The effects of rebamipide on the number of periodic acid Schiff reagent (PAS)-positive cells in the conjunctiva, the mucin content in the cornea and conjunctiva of normal rabbits, and desiccation-induced corneal damage in vivo were ..
- Class I major histocompatibility complexes loaded by a periodate triggerBoris Rodenko
Division of Cell Biology II, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Chem Soc 131:12305-13. 2009..In addition, this technology will be useful to develop miniaturized assay systems for performing high-throughput screens for natural and unnatural MHC ligands...
- Spectrofluorimetric determination of trace amounts of coenzyme A using a terbium ion-ciprofloxacin complex probe in the presence of periodic acidJing Li
Department of Chemistry, Shandong Normal University, Jinan, 250014, China
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:2083-9. 2007..In the presence of periodic acid (H5IO6), CoA can remarkably enhance the fluorescence intensity of the Tb3+-ciprofloxacin (CIP) complex at 545 ..
- Roles of carbohydrates on Cry j 1, the major allergen of Japanese cedar pollen, in specific T-cell responsesM Okano
Departments of Otolaryngology and Pathology, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
J Allergy Clin Immunol 108:101-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: The results suggest that carbohydrates on Cry j 1 play a major role in promoting Cry j 1-specific T(H)2 response in vitro, though they are not major targets as T-cell epitopes...
- Immunohistological characterization of mucin epitopes by pre-treatment of gastro-intestinal sections with periodic acidJ Bara
Mucin Immunochemistry Laboratory, SDI 6316, Villejuif, France
J Immunol Methods 149:105-13. 1992....
- Use of soybean peroxidase in chemiluminescent enzyme-linked immunosorbent assayIvan Yu Sakharov
Chemical Enzymology Department, Faculty of Chemistry, The M V Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
J Agric Food Chem 54:1584-7. 2006..Application of the soya enzyme allowed the development of the immunoassay with improved sensitivity and a wider linear range...
- Efficient oxidative decarboxylation of carboxylic acids with sodium periodate catalyzed by supported manganese (III) porphyrinValiollah Mirkhani
Department of Chemistry, Isfahan University, Isfahan 81744, Iran
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:3433-5. 2003....
- Monitoring activation sites on polysaccharides by GC-MSJohn S Kim
Wyeth Vaccines Research and Development, Sanford, NC 27330, USA
Anal Biochem 358:136-42. 2006..Samples (100-500 microg) were sequentially oxidized, reduced, methanolyzed, and derivatized in a single reaction vial for routine analysis by GC-MS...
- Mild and efficient oxidation of Hantzsch 1,4-dihydropyridines with sodium periodate catalyzed by a new polystyrene-bound Mn(TPP)ClMajid Moghadam
Department of Chemistry, Yasouj University, Yasouj 75914 353, Iran
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:2026-30. 2006..This heterogeneous catalyst is of great stability and reusability in the oxidation of 1,4-dihydropyridines with sodium periodate without significant loss of its catalytic activity...
- Analysis of protein-linked glycosylation in a sperm-somatic cell adhesion systemMark Sutton-Smith
Division of Molecular Biosciences, Imperial College London, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
Glycobiology 17:553-67. 2007..The far more abundant presentation of such sequences on rabbit erythrocytes compared with murine eggs could explain why mouse sperm display such exceptional affinity for this somatic cell type...
- Determination of catecholamines by CE with direct chemiluminescence detectionYan Ming Liu
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xinyang Normal University, Xinyang, PR China
Electrophoresis 28:1937-41. 2007..The results obtained indicate that there is a close relationship between the content of dopamine in human urine and the amount of cigarettes smoked daily; the level of dopamine in smokers is higher than in nonsmokers...
- Determination of picomole amounts of thiamine through flow-injection analysis based on the suppression of luminol-KIO(4) chemiluminescence systemZhenghua Song
Department of Chemistry, Northwest University, Xi an, 710069, Xi an, People s Republic of China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 28:683-91. 2002..0%. The flow sensor showed remarkable stability and could be easily reused over 80 h. The sensor proposed was tested in determination of thiamine in pharmaceutical preparation and human urine samples...
- Structural investigation of a heteropolysaccharide isolated from the pods (fruits) of Moringa oleifera (Sajina)Sadhan K Roy
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Vidyasagar University, Midnapore 721102, West Bengal, India
Carbohydr Res 342:2380-9. 2007..On the basis of total hydrolysis, methylation analysis, periodate oxidation, and NMR ((1)H, (13)C, TOCSY, DQF-COSY, NOESY, ROESY, HSQC, and HMBC) studies, the repeating unit of the polysaccharide is established as [structure: see text]...
- Bis(trimethylsilyl)chromate catalyzed oxidations of alcohols to aldehydes and ketones with periodic acidKarim Asadolah
Department of Chemistry, School of Sciences, Azzahra University, Vanak, Tehran, Iran
Molecules 12:958-64. 2007A facile, selective and high yielding bis(trimethylsilyl) chromate (BTSC) catalyzed selective oxidation of alcohols to aldehydes and ketones with periodic acid is reported.
- Comparison of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup W135 polysaccharide-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccines made by periodate activation of O-acetylated, non-O-acetylated and chemically de-O-acetylated polysaccharideSeshu K Gudlavalleti
Laboratory of Bacterial Polysaccharides, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Vaccine 25:7972-80. 2007..Thus, for W135, PS O-acetylation does not contribute a dominant immunogenic epitope. The OAc(-) PS may be a good starting material for preparing W135 PS-TT conjugate vaccines using periodate oxidation...
- Structural determination of a neutral exopolysaccharide produced by Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus LBB.B332Inmaculada Sánchez-Medina
Bijvoet Center, Department of Bio Organic Chemistry, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, NL 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Carbohydr Res 342:2735-44. 2007....
- The structure of a polysaccharide from infectious strains of Burkholderia cepaciaA Linker
Veterans Affairs (VA, Salt Lake City Health Care System, 500 Foothill Boulevard (151E, Salt Lake City, UT 84124, USA
Carbohydr Res 335:45-54. 2001..About three O-acetyl groups per repeating unit are present at undetermined positions...
- Structural analysis of the alpha-D-glucan (EPS180) produced by the Lactobacillus reuteri strain 180 glucansucrase GTF180 enzymeSander S van Leeuwen
Bijvoet Center, Department of Bio Organic Chemistry, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Carbohydr Res 343:1237-50. 2008....
- Analysis of glycan structures on the 120 kDa aminopeptidase N of Manduca sexta and their interactions with Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ac toxinPeter J K Knight
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, 6270 University Boulevard, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z4
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 34:101-12. 2004..It is likely that 5-6 of the 13 sites are occupied, probably with simple [GalNAc-peptide] type O-glycans. This O-glycosylated C-terminal stalk, being GalNAc-rich, is the most likely binding site for Cry1Ac...
- A simple and high sensitive spectrophotometric method for ultra trace determination of ruthenium with its catalytic effect on the oxidation of pyronin B by periodateBehzad Rezaei
Department of Chemistry, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan 84156, Iran
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 66:869-73. 2007..The precision, expressed as relative standard deviation of three measurements, is better than 2.44%...
- Efficient and selective hydrocarbon oxidation with sodium periodate under ultrasonic irradiation catalyzed by polystyrene-bound Mn (TPyP)Shahram Tangestaninejad
Department of Chemistry, Isfahan University, Isfahan 81744, Iran
Ultrason Sonochem 13:32-6. 2006..Under mild reaction conditions, this catalyst was consecutive reused five times without detectable catalyst leaching and gave over 95% epoxide yield in the epoxidation of styrene...
- Simple fluorimetric method for determination of certain antiviral drugs via their oxidation with cerium (IV)Ibrahim A Darwish
Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut 71526, Egypt
Farmaco 60:555-62. 2005..2 to 101.2+/-0.48-1.30%. The results obtained by the proposed fluorimetric method were comparable with those obtained by the official method stated in the United States Pharmacopoeia...
- Biomimetic oxidation of Hantzsch 1,4-dihydropyridines with tetra-n-butylammonium periodate catalyzed by tetraphenylporphyrinatomanganese(III) chloride [Mn(TPP)Cl]Masoud Nasr-Esfahani
Department of Chemistry, Yasouj University, Yasouj 75914 353, Iran
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:3276-8. 2005..This catalytic system shows high efficiency in the oxidation of 1,4-dihydropyridines at room temperature in the presence of imidazole...
- Carbohydrate-specifically polyethylene glycol-modified ricin A-chain with improved therapeutic potentialYu Seok Youn
Drug Targeting Laboratory, College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Chonchon dong, Jangan ku, Suwon City 440 746, South Korea
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37:1525-33. 2005..Therefore, these results suggest that the therapeutic use of immunotoxins constructed using this carbohydrate-specifically PEGylated ricin A-chain has potential as a cancer therapy...
- Kinetic spectrophotometric determination of rutin by its inhibitory effect on the oxidation of amaranth by potassium periodateShuhao Wang
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Donghua University, Shanghai 200051, PR China
Ann Chim 95:87-94. 2005..02 - 0.50 microg/ml, and the detection limit is 0.014 microg/ml. The method has been successfully applied to the determination of rutin in medicine of rutin tablet and traditional Chinese medicine...
- Mild and efficient oxidation of alcohols with sodium periodate catalyzed by polystyrene-bound Mn(III)porphyrinMajid Moghadam
Department of Chemistry, Yasouj University, Yasouj 75914 353, Iran
Bioorg Med Chem 13:2901-5. 2005..This catalyst can be reused consecutively four times in the oxidation of 4-chlorobenzyl alcohol in 97% yield without significant loss of its activity...
- Determination of manganese in some medicinal plants and their infusions by a catalytic spectrophotometric methodKonstantin Mutaftchiev
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Higher Medical Institute 5800 Pleven, Bulgaria
Ann Chim 94:829-36. 2004..The method was applied successfully to the determination of total manganese in some medicinal plants and to analyse their infusions for trace amounts of total manganese and free manganese (II) ions without separation...
- Immunogenic comparison of two coupling methods of marine polysaccharide to bovine serum albuminLi Gan
Department of Pharmacology, Marine Drug and Food Institute, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, PR China
Biol Pharm Bull 27:1532-6. 2004..A mouse immunized with MPS-BSAr was chosen to prepare monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) specific for polysaccharide MPS. A hybridoma cell line that secreted monoclonal antibody recognizing specifically polysaccharide MPS was established...
- Structural analysis of water-soluble glucans from the root of Angelica sinensis (Oliv.) DielsWei Cao
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Carbohydr Res 341:1870-7. 2006..Such glucans isolated from A. sinensis (Oliv.) Diels have not been previously reported...
- Cytochrome P-450 dependent monooxygenases model system: rapid and efficient oxidation of primary aromatic amines to azo derivatives with sodium periodate catalyzed by manganese(III) Schiff base complexesValiollah Mirkhani
Department of Chemistry, Isfahan University, Isfahan 81746 73441, Iran
Bioorg Med Chem 12:4673-7. 2004..Mn(III)-salophen catalyst can catalyze the oxidation of primary aromatic amines to azo derivatives with sodium periodate. The ability of various Schiff base complexes in this oxidation system was also investigated...
- Screening of carbohydrate-specific phage antibodies against recombinant human erythropoietin (rhuEPO) using a phage display antibody library: preliminary studyJiebo Mi
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100 871, PR China
J Immunoassay Immunochem 27:115-28. 2006..These phage antibodies may serve as useful capture ligands for future development of efficient analytical methods for rHuEPO...
- Repetitive determination of chemical oxygen demand by cyclic flow injection analysis using on-line regeneration of consumed permanganateMichio Zenki
Department of Chemistry, Okayama University of Science, 1 1, Ridai cho, Okayama 700 0005, Japan
Anal Sci 22:77-80. 2006..The obtained COD values with the proposed method were co-related with those provided by the manual standard method, but were fairly low owing to the insufficient digestion step...
- Highly selective spectrophotometric flow-injection determination of trace amounts of bromide by catalytic effect on the oxidation of m-cresolsulfonephthalein by periodateAli A Ensafi
College of Chemistry, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan 84156, Iran
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 60:2053-7. 2004..1%. The influence of potential interfering ions on the selectivity was studied. The method successes to measure bromide in the presence of other halide ions. The method was used to measure bromide in river water and tap water...
- Improved pharmacological properties for superoxide dismutase modified with mannanAymara Valdivia
Center for Enzyme Technology, University of Matanzas, Autopista a Varadero km 3 1 2, Matanzas, C P 44740, Cuba
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 44:159-65. 2006..The anti-inflammatory activity of SOD was increased 2-fold and its plasma half-life time was prolonged from 4.8 min to 1.7 h after glycosylation with the polymer...
- Structural investigation of a polysaccharide (Fr. I) isolated from the aqueous extract of an edible mushroom, Volvariella diplasiaKaushik Ghosh
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Vidyasagar University, Midnapore 721 102, West Bengal, India
Carbohydr Res 343:1071-8. 2008....
- Structural assignment of a heteropolysaccharide isolated from the gum of Cochlospermum religiosum (Katira gum)Arnab K Ojha
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, 721 102 West Bengal, India
Carbohydr Res 343:1222-31. 2008....
- Simultaneous determination of trace iron and aluminum by catalytic spectrophotometry based on a novel oxidation reaction of xylene cyanol FFLongfei Cai
Institute of Microanalytical Systems, Department of Chemistry, Zhejiang University
Anal Sci 24:775-8. 2008..The method was applied to the simultaneous determination of trace Fe and Al in tap water, lake water, river water and tea leaves without separation and preconcentration...
- Binding patterns of 51 monoclonal antibodies to peptide and carbohydrate epitopes of the epithelial mucin (MUC1) on tissue sections of adenolymphomas of the parotid (Warthin's tumours): role of epitope masking by glycansY Cao
, , 13125 Berlin-Buch, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 115:349-56. 2001..The carcinoma-associated Thomsen-Friedenreich epitope was absent...
- A new green analytical procedure for monitoring sub-nanogram amounts of chlorpyrifos on fruits using flow injection chemiluminescence with immobilized reagentsZhenghua Song
Department of Chemistry, Northwest University, Xi an 710069, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 50:4468-74. 2002..4-107.4%. The change of the concentration of chlorpyrifos in a water sample was also investigated, and the variation rate was 99.96% during 35 h in the open air...
- In vitro monitoring sub-nanogram amounts analgin in human urine by its inhibitory of the luminol-periodate chemiluminescence reaction using reagent immobilization release techniqueZhenghua Song
Department of Chemistry, Northwest University, Xi an 710069, China
Bioorg Med Chem 10:2091-7. 2002..28% in the body of volunteers. The flow sensor offered reagentless procedures and remarkable stability in determination of analgin, and could be easily reused over 80 h...
- Flow-injection chemiluminescence sensor for determination of isoniazid in urine sample based on molecularly imprinted polymerYan Xiong
Institute of Analytical Science, Department of Chemistry, Southwest China University, Beibei, Chongqing 400715, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 66:341-6. 2007..At the same time, the binding characteristic of the polymer to isoniazid was evaluated by batch method and the dynamic method, respectively...
- Determination of ampicillin and amoxycillin by flow injection chemiluminescence method based on their enhancing effects on the luminol-periodate reactionYinhuan Li
Department of Chemistry, School of Science, Xi an Jiaotong University, 710049, People s Republic of China
Luminescence 18:313-7. 2003..The method was successfully applied to the determination of ampicillin and amoxycillin in pharmaceutical preparations. A brief discussion on the possible chemiluminescence reaction mechanism is presented...
- Flow-injection chemiluminescence determination of catecholamines based on their enhancing effects on the luminol-potassium periodate systemHong Yao
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, School of Pharmacy, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350004, People s Republic of China
Luminescence 21:112-7. 2006..The present method was successfully applied to the determination of the four catecholamines in pharmaceutical injections...
- Inhibition and enhancement by organic compounds of luminol-KIO4-H2O2 chemiluminescenceHong Xu
Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230026, People s Republic of China
Luminescence 21:195-201. 2006..Based on the CL inhibition or enhancement, the possibility of analytical applications was explored. The results demonstrated that numerous compounds were detectable at the ng/mL level using the CL system...
- A monoclonal antibody, PGM34, against 6-sulfated blood-group H type 2 antigen, on the carbohydrate moiety of mucinDaigo Tsubokawa
Department of Biochemistry, Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Sagamihara, Japan
FEBS J 274:1833-48. 2007..These data, taken together, show that PGM34 is a very useful tool for elucidating the role of mucins with characteristic sulfated oligosaccharides...
- Covalently-bound heparin makes collagen thromboresistantJeffrey F W Keuren
Department of Biochemistry, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:613-7. 2004..However, the thrombogenic nature of collagen limits its application. We examined whether heparinization can make collagen more thromboresistant...
- Fluorescent staining of glycoproteins on polyvinylidene difluoride membrane with 8-aminonaphthalene-1,3,6-trisulfonateF Y Che
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai, 200031, PRC
Biotechniques 30:1272-6, 1278. 2001..We used periodic acid oxidation of carbohydrate chains of glycoproteins and fluorescent labeling with 8-aminonaphthalene-1,3,6-..
- Cleavage of DNA without loss of genetic information by incorporation of a disaccharide nucleosideKoen Nauwelaerts
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Laboratory for Medicinal Chemistry, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Nucleic Acids Res 31:6758-69. 2003..As a result of this, an intact natural oligodeoxynucleotide is obtained after ligation reaction, which means that site-specific cleavage and recovering of intact DNA occurs without loss of genetic information...
- Synthesis and evaluation of ampicillin-conjugated gum arabic microspheres for sustained releaseK K Nishi
Division of Polymer Chemistry, Biomedical Technology Wing, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Satelmond Palace Campus, Trivandrum, Kerala 695 012, India
J Pharm Pharmacol 59:485-93. 2007..These studies show that ampicillin conjugated with oxidized GA and fabricated into microspheres possesses sustained-release characteristics for prolonged periods...
- Extracellular ATP has stimulatory effects on the expression and release of IL-6 via purinergic receptors in normal human epidermal keratinocytesKaori Inoue
Shiseido Research Center, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 127:362-71. 2007..Furthermore, in UVB-radiated cells, we note the possibility that P2 receptor antagonists may reduce skin inflammation...
- Surface engineering of living myoblasts via selective periodate oxidationP A De Bank
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Biotechnol Bioeng 81:800-8. 2003..These data indicate that sodium periodate treatment is an effective, noncytotoxic method for the in vitro molecular engineering of living cell surfaces with the potential for cell biology and tissue engineering applications...
- Indospicine as an arginine antagonist in Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosaT Lesinger
Biochim Biophys Acta 262:214-9. 1972
- Head-to-tail cyclized cystine-knot peptides by a combined recombinant and chemical route of synthesisOlga Avrutina
Institut fur Organische Chemie und Biochemie, TU Darmstadt, Petersenstrasse 22, 64287 Darmstadt, Germany
Chembiochem 9:33-7. 2008
- Immunohistochemical artifact for nitrotyrosine in eosinophils or eosinophil containing tissueKeiki Ogino
Department of Environmental and Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa, Japan
Free Radic Res 36:1163-70. 2002....
- Cyclodextrin-grafted polysaccharides as supramolecular carrier systems for naproxenHéctor L Ramirez
Enzyme Technology Group, University of Matanzas, Matanzas 44740, Cuba
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:1499-501. 2006..These polymers were used as supramolecular carriers for naproxen, improving the "in vivo" anti-inflammatory properties of this drug...
- Binding patterns of DTR-specific antibodies reveal a glycosylation-conditioned tumor-specific epitope of the epithelial mucin (MUC1)Uwe Karsten
NEMOD GmbH and Co KG, Robert Rossle Str 10, D 13125 Berlin, Germany
Glycobiology 14:681-92. 2004..PDTRP... sequence in a particular conformation essentially determined by O-glycosylation at its threonine with either GalNAcalpha1 or a related short glycan. The results can find application in the field of MUC1-based immunotherapy...
- Dendritic cell-dependent inhibition of B cell proliferation requires CD22Lorna Santos
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 180:4561-9. 2008..The alpha2,6-sialic acid-containing glycoprotein is important for splenic B cell subset development, whereas the DC-associated ST6Gal-I-independent CD22L may be required for the maintenance of long-lived mature B cells in the BM...
- Quantitative determination of paralytic shellfish poisoning toxins in shellfish using prechromatographic oxidation and liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection: interlaboratory studyJames F Lawrence
Health Canada, Food Research Division, Bureau of Chemical Safety, Food Directorate, Banting Research Centre 2203D, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0L2, Canada
J AOAC Int 87:83-100. 2004..Twenty-one samples in total were sent to 21 collaborators who agreed to participate in the study. Results were obtained from 18 laboratories representing 14 different countries...
- A dopaquinone model that mimics the water addition step of cofactor biogenesis in copper amine oxidasesKe Qing Ling
Department of Chemistry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:4777-84. 2005..This study represents the first chemical demonstration of a true o-quinone hydration, which occurs in cofactor biogenesis in copper amine oxidases...
- Dextran and 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA) conjugates: synthesis, characterisation and enzymic hydrolysisShavej Ahmad
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow G4 0BA, United Kingdom
Carbohydr Res 341:2694-701. 2006..1mg per 100mg of product) but were successfully hydrolysed by dextranase, suggesting their potential applications for the treatment of Crohn's disease in the distal ileum and proximal colon...
- Morphologic characterization of spontaneous nervous system tumors in mice and ratsG J Krinke
Toxicology Department, Novartis Crop Protection AG, Stein, Switzerland
Toxicol Pathol 28:178-92. 2000..to be totally or at least partly composed of granular cells, which have eosinophilic granular cytoplasm, are periodic acid-Schiff reaction (PAS)-positive, and contain lysosomes...
- [Effects of glucocorticoid on airway mucus secretion in asthma: experiment with asthmatic mouse model]Jian bo Liu
Department of Respiratory Disease, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:2491-4. 2006..To study the effects of glucocorticoid on airway mucus secretion in asthma...
- Mycophenolic acid (cellcept and myofortic) induced injury of the upper GI tractThong Nguyen
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1355-63. 2009..We studied the pattern of upper GI tract injury in symptomatic patients taking MPA...
- Spontaneous remission of edema and regranulation of goblet cells in rat tracheae after capsaicin-induced acute inflammationJin Jang Guo
Department of Biological Sciences, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Anat Embryol (Berl) 206:301-9. 2003..with chloroacetate esterase reagent and Alcian blue and tracheal tissue sections stained with Alcian blue and periodic acid-Schiff reagent were used for evaluation...
- Staining methods applied to glycol methacrylate embedded tissue sectionsP S Cerri
Department of Morphology, Dental School, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Rua Humaita 1680, Araraquara 14 801 903, SP, Brazil
Micron 34:365-72. 2003..b>Periodic Acid-Schiff (PAS) method was used for detection of glycoconjugates in submandibular gland and cartilage while AB/..
- [Effects of phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitor on the mucin secretion in airway stimulated with acrolein: experiment with rats]Xun Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, National Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of Human Diseases, Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2988-93. 2008..To examine the effects of YM976, a phosphodiesterase (PDE)4 inhibitor, on mucin hypersecretion of airway stimulated with acrolein...
- Histochemical analysis of glycoconjugates in the skin of a catfish (arius tenuispinis, day)A Al-Banaw
Medical Laboratory Sciences Department, Kuwait University, Sulaibekhat, Kuwait
Anat Histol Embryol 39:42-50. 2010..From these data, we can conclude that the mucus produced by the epidermal goblet cells of A. tenuispinis is rich in mannose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylglucosamine residues...
- Role of Helicobacter pylori in gastric carcinomaS R Prabhu
Topiwala National Medical College, Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Natl Med J India 8:58-60. 1995..metaplasia and presence of Helicobacter pylori were assessed by staining with haematoxylin and eosin, periodic acid-Schiff reagent with alcian blue and Warthin-Starry stains. RESULTS...
- Increased expression of human calcium-activated chloride channel 1 is correlated with mucus overproduction in the airways of Chinese patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKe Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, and Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:1051-7. 2007..To investigate the relationship of CaCC(1) and mucus overproduction in the airway of Chinese patients with COPD, the expressions of CaCC(1), MUC5AC and mucus in bronchial tissues were examined...
- Lymphocytic infiltration and goblet cell marker alteration in the conjunctiva of the MRL/MpJ-Fas(lpr) mouse model of Sjögren's syndromeYolanda Diebold
Schepens Eye Research Institute Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:500-12. 2007..Left eyes were fixed, embedded, sectioned, and stained. Hematoxylin/eosin, Giemsa, or alcian blue/periodic acid Schiff's reagent were used to study lymphocyte infiltration; to determine the presence of eosinophils, ..
- Histopathologic evaluation of an animal model for Barrett's esophagus and adenocarcinoma of the distal esophagusChristianne J Buskens
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Surg Res 135:337-44. 2006....
- Microsporidia in the small intestine of HIV-infected patients. A new diagnostic technique and a new speciesA S Field
St Vincent s Hospital, Darlinghurst, NSW
Med J Aust 158:390-4. 1993..To determine whether microsporidian infections occur in Australian patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), to assess the incidence, and to discuss microscopic detection methods...
- Glyconjugates in epidermal, branchial and digestive mucous cells and gastric glands of gilthead sea bream, Sparus aurata, Senegal sole, Solea senegalensis and Siberian sturgeon, Acipenser baeri developmentC Sarasquete
Instituto de Ciencias Marinas de Andalucia, CSIC, Puerto Real, Cadiz, Spain
Eur J Histochem 45:267-78. 2001..fish species (two teleostean and a chondrostean) were investigated using conventional histochemical methods (periodic acid schiff -PAS-, diastase-PAS; alcian blue pH 0.5, 1 and 2...
- [Changes of myocardial enzymes related to glycolysis and fatty acid metabolism in chronic myocardial ischemia: experiment with pigs]Jing Gong
Department of Pathophysiology, Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2209-13. 2008....
- Acute humoral rejection in kidney transplantation: II. Morphology, immunopathology, and pathologic classificationShamila Mauiyyedi
Pathology Service, Immunopathology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:779-87. 2002..Hematoxylin and eosin and periodic acid-Schiff stained sections were scored for glomerular, vascular, and tubulointerstitial pathology...
- Erythema gyratum repens-like psoriasisS Jablonska
Department of Dermatology, Warsaw School of Medicine, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Dermatol 39:695-7. 2000..b>Periodic acid-Schiff (PAS) and other stains for mycotic infection were negative...
- Ultrastructure and histochemical study of glycoconjugates in the gills of the white croaker (Micropogonias furnieri)A O Diaz
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Funes 3250, 3er Piso 7600 Mar del Plata, Argentina
Anat Histol Embryol 34:117-22. 2005..Neutral sugars and substituted sialic acid were detected by means of periodic acid-borohydride reduction-saponification-periodic acid Schiff reaction (PA/Bh/KOH/PAS), saponification-selective ..
- Characteristics of nonmalignant and malignant human prostate in organ cultureJ Varani
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Lab Invest 79:723-31. 1999..Staining with the Periodic Acid Schiff (PAS) and PAS-methenamine silver (PASME) reagents revealed an intact basement membrane around virtually ..
- Transforming growth factor β inducible apoptotic cascade in epithelial cells during rat molar tooth eruptionsMitsuko Moriguchi
Department of Ultrastructural Science, Tokyo Dental College, 1 2 2 Masago, Mihama ku, Chiba, 261 8502, Japan
Anat Sci Int 85:92-101. 2010..We also performed periodic acid Schiff (PAS) reaction and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase-mediated dUTD nick end labeling (TUNEL) ..
- Decreased expression of human aquaporin-5 correlated with mucus overproduction in airways of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKe Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, and Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Sichuan, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 28:1166-74. 2007..To investigate the relationship between aquaporin-5 (AQP5) expression and mucus overproduction in the airways of Chinese patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and the correlation with pulmonary function change...
- Qualitative tear film and conjunctival goblet cell assessment of cats with corneal sequestraBruce H Grahn
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Vet Ophthalmol 8:167-70. 2005..biopsies were fixed in formalin and sectioned routinely and stained with hematoxylin and eosin, and periodic acid-Schiff. These slides were examined by light microscopy by a blinded examiner...
- Germinal epithelium, folliculogenesis, and postovulatory follicles in ovaries of rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum, 1792) (Teleostei, protacanthopterygii, salmoniformes)Harry J Grier
Division of Fishes, Department of Vertebrate Zoology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, District of Columbia 20013 7012, USA
J Morphol 268:293-310. 2007..After ovulation, the ovaries of postspawned rainbow trout were examined histologically, using the periodic acid-Schiff procedure, to stain basement membranes that subtend the germinal epithelium and to interpret and define ..
- Translocation of Salmonella typhimurium in rats on total parenteral nutrition correlates with changes in intestinal morphology and mucus gelKen ichi Sakamoto
First Department of Surgery, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Nutrition 20:372-6. 2004..We tested whether alterations in intestinal morphology and mucus gel correlate with differences in Salmonella typhimurium translocation between rats treated with total parenteral nutrition (TPN) and rats given a diet of chow...
- Tissue quantification of neutral and acid mucins in the mucosa of the colon with and without fecal stream in ratsRonaldo Nonose
Program in Health Sciences, USF, Braganca Paulista, SP, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 24:267-75. 2009..To quantify the intensity of the expression of neutral and acids mucins in mucosa of the colon with and without fecal stream and to correlate this with the duration of fecal transit diversion...
- Spatiotemporal distribution patterns of oligosaccharides during early embryogenesis in the starfish Patiria pectiniferaTakuya Doihara
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Tohon, Ehime, Japan
Dev Genes Evol 219:199-206. 2009..we histochemically analyzed several larval stages using Alcian Blue (AB, which stains acidic mucins), Periodic Acid Schiff (PAS, which stains neutral mucins), and 21 types of lectins...
- Inflammation-associated gene transcription and expression in mouse lungs induced by low molecular weight compounds from fungi from the built environmentJ D Miller
Department of Chemistry, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6
Chem Biol Interact 183:113-24. 2010..Hematoxylin and eosin (H&E) histology and Alcian Blue/Periodic Acid Schiff (AB/PAS) histochemistry were used to evaluate lungs for time course (4h and 12h post-exposure (PE)) ..
- Keratoconus associated with corneal stromal amyloid deposition containing TGFBIpTak Yee Tania Tai
The Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, The University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cornea 28:589-93. 2009..To report the identification and characterization of stromal amyloid deposits in patients with keratoconus...
- Erdheim-Chester disease with cutaneous features in an Indian patientTaru Garg
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India
Skinmed 7:103-6. 2008..The foamy histiocytes were periodic acid-Schiff-positive. On immunohistochemistry, histiocytes were CD68-positive...
- Paget cells in the esophagus: assessment of their histopathologic features and near-universal association with underlying esophageal adenocarcinomaSusan C Abraham
Department of Pathology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1068-74. 2008..Histochemistry for periodic acid-Schiff with diastase (PAS-D) and mucicarmine, and immunohistochemistry for CK7, CK20, p53, and E-cadherin, ..
- The effect of calcium channel blocker verapamil on gentamicin nephrotoxicity in ratsNenad Stojiljkovic
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nis, Nis, Serbia
Bosn J Basic Med Sci 8:170-6. 2008..Histological examinations were done using hematoxylin and eosin, periodic acid Schiff and methenamine silver staining methods...
- Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis: a spectrum of cytologic, histochemical, and ultrastructural findings in bronchoalveolar lavage fluidS J Maygarden
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7525, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 24:389-95. 2001Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) is defined as abundant extracellular proteinaceous periodic acid-Schiff (PAS)-positive material which represents surfactant distending alveolar spaces...
- Effects of weaning and infection with Teladorsagia circumcincta on mucin carbohydrate profiles of early weaned lambsV C Hoang
Institute of Veterinary Animals and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Vet Parasitol 171:354-60. 2010..monosaccharides were analysed chemically and fundic, antral and duodenal tissues were stained with lectins, periodic acid Schiff (PAS), Alcian blue/PAS (AB/PAS) and high iron diamine...
- The glycosylation status of murine [corrected] postnatal thymus: a study by histochemistry and lectin blottingErdal Balcan
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Art, Celal Bayar University, Molecular Biology Sect 45047 Muradiye Campus, Manisa, Turkey
J Mol Histol 39:417-26. 2008..With alcian blue (AB) at pH 5.7/periodic acid-Schiff (PAS) stainings, it was shown that thymic microenvironments contained carboxlylated and sulfated ..
- The cyclin kinase inhibitor p21CIP1/WAF1 limits glomerular epithelial cell proliferation in experimental glomerulonephritisY G Kim
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Kidney Int 55:2349-61. 1999..Cell proliferation is controlled by cell-cycle regulatory proteins where the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21Cip1,WAF1 (p21) inhibits cell proliferation and is required for differentiation of many nonrenal cell types...
- Changes in angiopoietin expression in glomeruli involved in glomerulosclerosis in rats with daunorubicin-induced nephrosisYuan Hang Lu
Department of Nephrology, Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:579-87. 2006..To study the potential pathological role of endogenous angiopoietins in daunorubicin-induced progressive glomerulosclerosis in rats...
- Changes of gill and hemocyte-related bio-indicators during long term maintenance of the vent mussel Bathymodiolus azoricus held in aquaria at atmospheric pressureRaul Bettencourt
IMAR Department of Oceanography and Fisheries, Genetics and Molecular Biology Laboratory, University of the Azores, Rua Comendador Fernando da Costa, 9901 862 Horta, Portugal
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 150:1-7. 2008..or glycoprotein was made possible through their inherent auto-fluorescent property and the Alcian blue-Periodic Acid Schiff staining method...
- Optimized quality of histologic images allows the use of neural network scanning in diagnosis of fungal infection of abnormal nailsMathilde E Boon
Leiden Cytology and Pathology Laboratory, Leiden, The Netherlands
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 28:78-86. 2006....
- Vascular changes in erythropoietic protoporphyria: histopathologic and immunohistochemical studyK Timonen
Department of Dermatology, Divisions of Endocrinology and Nephrology, University Hospital of Helsinki, Finland
J Am Acad Dermatol 43:489-97. 2000..RESULTS: The characteristic finding was thickened, periodic acid-Schiff-positive vessel walls caused by concentric reduplication of basal lamina and excess of fine granular ..
- [Expressions of PDCD5 and other apoptosis-related proteins in muscle of patients with mitochondrial cytopathy]Yong fie Li
Department of Neurology, First Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:1593-6. 2009....
- Kerion and dermatophytic granuloma. Mycological and histopathological findings in 19 children with inflammatory tinea capitis of the scalpRoberto Arenas
Dermatology Department, Manuel Gea Gonzalez General Hospital, Mexico City, Mexico
Int J Dermatol 45:215-9. 2006..Inflammatory tinea capitis or kerion is the result of a hypersensitivity reaction to a dermatophytic infection. Majocchi's granuloma, in contrast, usually begins as a suppurative folliculitis and culminates in a granulomatous reaction...
- The role of NFAT in podocyte damage and proteinuric kidney diseaseALEXIS JOANNA SLOAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..the glomerulus appears normal under histological techniques such as hematoxylin and eosin (H+E) staining and periodic acid Schiff staining (PAS)...
- RESISTANCE--PATHOGENIC NAELERIA TO MO CYTOLYTIC FACTORSFrancine Marciano Cabral; Fiscal Year: 1991..Lectin precipitation of 125 I-surface labeled proteins followed by SDS-PAGE and staining with Periodic Acid Schiff reagent or sudan black will permit identification of surface glycoproteins or glycolipids...
- MYOCARDIAL GLYCOPROTEINS IN NORMAL AND DIABETIC STATESMARY SPIRO; Fiscal Year: 1992..This condition, termed diabetic cardiomyopathy, is characterized by the accumulation of periodic acid-Schiff reactive material around muscle fibers and small blood vessels; the nature and source of the ..
- SQUAMOUS EPITHELIAL CELL INVASION IN ORGAN CULTUREJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- TOPICAL RETINOIDS FOR DIABETIC FOOT ULCERSJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOTOXIN INDUCED MUCOUS CELL METAPLASIAYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of MMP-3 Action in Acute Lung InjuryJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide an overall understanding of the mechanism(s) by which MMP-3 contributes to acute lung injury. ..
- Murine Cytomegalovirus Modulates Allergic Airway DiseaseCarol Wu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, we hypothesize that enhanced mucus production is the result of the recruitment/proliferation of TCRgd cells, in response to MCMV infected respiratory epithelium, with the subsequent release of IL-l0. ..
- Peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst:diabetic neuropathyIRINA OBROSOVA; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MICROCIRCULATION OF UVEAL MELANOMARobert Folberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TEXAS REPOSITORY FOR AIDS NEUROPATHOGENESIS RESEARCHBenjamin Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MICROARRAY ANALYSIS OF RETINAL DEGENERATION IN MICECaroline Zeiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..Colin Barnstable, Professor of Neurobiology and Ophthalmology, who is an internationally recognized molecular biologist using mouse models of retinal development and degeneration. ..
- Dopamine Systems and Neuropsychiatric Changes in HIV/AIDSBenjamin B Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project breaks ground neuroscientifically, as no autopsy study has advanced to a "task specific" behavioral correlation with circuit level anomalies of a specific neurotransmitter system. ..
- The stress of dry eye on corneal barrier functionCINTIA DE PAIVA; Fiscal Year: 2006..TJ and LEP expression will be evaluated by laser scanning confocal microscopy and immunostaining. Pro inflammatory mediator expression will be evaluated by Western Blot, ELISA and the Luminex Multiplex Assay. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase in diabetic nephropathyIRINA OBROSOVA; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CONSEQUENCES OF MALE LH RECEPTOR GENE KNOCKOUTZhenmin Lei; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Pathophysiology of Mucus Hypersecretion in AsthmaChristopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2003..The project proposed here utilizes expertise and reagents available in his laboratory applies them to an important problem in asthma. ..
- MYELOPATHY AND NEUROPATHY DURING CHANGING HIV BURDENBenjamin Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, the studies we have proposed will provide insights concerning prevalent AIDS morbidities in the HAART era. ..
- HIV and the Proteasome in the Aging Human BrainBenjamin Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The linkage between brain inflammation and altered neuronal protein turnover could lead to a unifying functional concept of dementia with application to HIV and aging both. ..
- Ultrasound Monitoring of Rat Metastatic Uveal MelanomaRODNEY BRAUN; Fiscal Year: 2007..primary choroidal melanoma, [unreadable] differences in tumor progression can be correlated to the presence of periodic acid-Schiff base (PAS)-positive loops in the primary tumor...
- Occult Hepatitis BMichael Torbenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Chronic Alcohol Consumption Induces Tumor AngiogenesisJian Wei Gu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new information will promote cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- ROLES OF NITRIC OXIDE AND OXYGEN IN OCULAR MELANOMARODNEY BRAUN; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Applicability of mAbs in diagnosis of esophageal cancersROUDABEH JAMASBI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Phage display technique will also be attempted as an alternative and/or additional method to generate diagnostic/therapeutic reagents. ..