Genomes and Genes
Summary: Deuterium. The stable isotope of hydrogen. It has one neutron and one proton in the nucleus.
Publications364 found, 100 shown here
- Evidence for astrocytosis in prodromal Alzheimer disease provided by 11C-deuterium-L-deprenyl: a multitracer PET paradigm combining 11C-Pittsburgh compound B and 18F-FDGStephen F Carter
Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Nucl Med 53:37-46. 2012..for patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI), patients with mild AD, and healthy controls using (11)C-deuterium-L-deprenyl ((11)C-DED) to measure monoamine oxidase B located in astrocytes...
- Key interactions in HIV-1 maturation identified by hydrogen-deuterium exchangeJason Lanman
Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham Alabama 35294, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 11:676-7. 2004....
- Para-hydrogen induced polarization of amino acids, peptides and deuterium-hydrogen gasStefan Glöggler
Institute of Technical and Macromolecular Chemistry, RWTH Aachen University, Worringer Weg 1, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys 13:13759-64. 2011..on the chemical state of the used catalyst and the investigated amino acid or peptide, hyperpolarized hydrogen-deuterium gas is formed, which was detected with (1)H and (2)H NMR spectroscopy at low magnetic fields of B(0) = 3...
- Minimal model estimation of glucose absorption and insulin sensitivity from oral test: validation with a tracer methodChiara Dalla Man
Department of Information Engineering, University of Padova, Via Gradenigo 6 b, I 35131, Italy
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E637-43. 2004..86 (P < 0.0001). We conclude that OMM candidates as a reliable tool to measure both the rate of glucose absorption and insulin sensitivity from oral glucose tests without employing tracers...
- C20-D3-vitamin A slows lipofuscin accumulation and electrophysiological retinal degeneration in a mouse model of Stargardt diseaseLi Ma
Department of Ophthalmology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 286:7966-74. 2011..In this work we investigated the effects of long-term administration of deuterium-enriched vitamin A, C20-D(3)-vitamin A, on RPE lipofuscin deposition and eye function in a mouse model of ..
- Dynamics of the beta2-adrenergic G-protein coupled receptor revealed by hydrogen-deuterium exchangeXi Zhang
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, The Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, Florida 33458, USA
Anal Chem 82:1100-8. 2010..human beta(2) adrenergic receptor bound to the inverse agonist carazolol using the technique of amide hydrogen/deuterium exchange coupled with mass spectrometry (HDX MS)...
- Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP) metabolites in human urine and serum after a single oral dose of deuterium-labelled DEHPHolger M Koch
Institute and Outpatient Clinic of Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Schillerstrasse 25 29, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Arch Toxicol 78:123-30. 2004..0 to 9.3. The excretion ratio of 5OH-MEHP to 5oxo-MEHP remained constant through time at 1.7 in the mean. After 44 h, 47% of the DEHP dose was excreted in urine, comprising MEHP (7.3%), 5OH-MEHP (24.7%) and 5oxo-MEHP (14.9%)...
- Analysis of protein conformation and dynamics by hydrogen/deuterium exchange MSJohn R Engen
Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115 5000, USA
Anal Chem 81:7870-5. 2009..Recent technological advances have led to improvements in the technique, but has this goal yet been achieved? (To listen to a podcast about this Feature, please go to the Analytical Chemistry Web site at pubs.acs.org/journal/ancham.)...
- Structural organization of brain-derived mammalian prions examined by hydrogen-deuterium exchangeVytautas Smirnovas
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:504-6. 2011..Here we used mass spectrometry analysis of hydrogen-deuterium exchange to examine brain-derived PrP(Sc)...
- RNA-induced conformational changes in a viral coat protein studied by hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometryVictoria L Morton
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds, UKLS2 9JT
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:13468-75. 2010..These results demonstrate the potential utility of HDX to probe conformational and dynamical changes within non-covalently bound protein-ligand complexes which are of widespread importance in many biomolecular systems...
- Using hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry to define the specific interactions of the phospholipase A2 superfamily with lipid substrates, inhibitors, and membranesJian Cao
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0601, USA
J Biol Chem 288:1806-13. 2013..molecules, and inhibitors on a molecular basis has advanced in recent years due to the introduction of hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry...
- Hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry--a window into amyloid structureIndu Kheterpal
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808, USA
Acc Chem Res 39:584-93. 2006..We describe here the application of hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (HX-MS) methods to probe the secondary structure of protein aggregates...
- Intertwined structured and unstructured regions of exRAGE identified by monitoring hydrogen-deuterium exchangeAnna Kupniewska-Kozak
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5A, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
J Mol Biol 403:52-65. 2010..In this work, we used hydrogen-deuterium exchange and mass spectrometry to gain insight into the structural properties of exRAGE (extracellular region of ..
- Improved protein hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry platform with fully automated data processingZhongqi Zhang
Process and Product Development, Amgen Inc, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, United States
Anal Chem 84:4942-9. 2012Protein hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HDX) followed by protease digestion and mass spectrometric (MS) analysis is accepted as a standard method for studying protein conformation and conformational dynamics...
- Assessment of postprandial glucose metabolism: conventional dual- vs. triple-tracer methodGianna Toffolo
Department of Information Engineering, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E800-6. 2006..We conclude that three suitably infused tracers are required for accurate assessment of postprandial R(a meal), EGP, and R(d)...
- Measurement and modeling of human T cell kineticsDerek C Macallan
Department of Infectious Diseases, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, GB
Eur J Immunol 33:2316-26. 2003..Enrichment of deuterium in DNA was measured by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- Use of different proteases working in acidic conditions to improve sequence coverage and resolution in hydrogen/deuterium exchange of large proteinsLaetitia Cravello
Laboratoire de Spectrométrie de Masse des Protéines, Institut de Biologie Structurale UMR 5075 CEA CNRS UJF, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, F 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 17:2387-93. 2003..Furthermore, we obtained a better spatial resolution for deuterium incorporation data, specifying accurately the deuterated regions.
- An isotope labeling strategy for methyl TROSY spectroscopyVitali Tugarinov
Protein Engineering Network Centres of Excellence and the Department of Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
J Biomol NMR 28:165-72. 2004....
- The hydrogen-deuterium exchange at α-carbon atom in N,N,N-trialkylglycine residue: ESI-MS studiesMagdalena Rudowska
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Wrocław, Wrocław, Poland
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 23:1024-8. 2012..Increased ionization efficiency, provided by the fixed positive charge on QAS group, as well as the deuterium labeling, enables the analysis of trace amounts of peptides.
- A formula for correlating pKa values determined in D2O and H2OArtur Krezel
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Wroclaw, Joliot Curie 14, 50 383 Wroclaw, Poland
J Inorg Biochem 98:161-6. 2004..929pKH*+0.42. The comparison of this equation with the previously used approach is discussed...
- Structural insights into glucan phosphatase dynamics using amide hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometrySimon Hsu
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0601, USA
Biochemistry 48:9891-902. 2009..We utilized hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (DXMS) and structural modeling to probe the conformational and structural dynamics of ..
- Implications of the variability in time to isotopic equilibrium in the deuterium dilution techniqueR C Colley
School of Human Movement Studies, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:1250-5. 2007..To investigate the variability in isotopic equilibrium time under field conditions, and the impact of this variability on estimates of total body water (TBW) and body composition...
- Regulation of phenylalanine hydroxylase: conformational changes upon phenylalanine binding detected by hydrogen/deuterium exchange and mass spectrometryJun Li
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2128, USA
Biochemistry 49:3327-35. 2010..Hydrogen/deuterium exchange monitored by mass spectrometry has been used to gain insight into local conformational changes ..
- Measures of physical activity using cell phones: validation using criterion methodsChristin Bexelius
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Med Internet Res 12:e2. 2010..Data collected on physical activity in large epidemiological studies is often based on paper questionnaires. The validity of these questionnaires is debated, and more effective methods are needed...
- Epitope mapping of a 95 kDa antigen in complex with antibody by solution-phase amide backbone hydrogen/deuterium exchange monitored by Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryQian Zhang
Department Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306, United States
Anal Chem 83:7129-36. 2011....
- Location of inhibitors bound to group IVA phospholipase A2 determined by molecular dynamics and deuterium exchange mass spectrometryJohn E Burke
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive MC 0601, La Jolla, California 92093 0601, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:8083-91. 2009..An analysis of group IVA (GIVA) phospholipase A(2) (PLA(2)) inhibitor binding was conducted using a combination of deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (DXMS) and molecular dynamics (MD)...
- A twenty-volunteer study using deuterium labelling to determine the kinetics and fractional excretion of primary and secondary urinary metabolites of di-2-ethylhexylphthalate and di-iso-nonylphthalateWarwick A C Anderson
The Food and Environment Research Agency, Sand Hutton, York, YO41 1LZ, UK
Food Chem Toxicol 49:2022-9. 2011..These robust fractional excretion values for the main primary and secondary phthalate metabolites along with estimates of their uncertainty can be used in future surveys of human exposure to DEHP and DINP...
- Measurement of pulmonary surfactant disaturated-phosphatidylcholine synthesis in human infants using deuterium incorporation from body waterPaola E Cogo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Mass Spectrom 40:876-81. 2005..palmitate disaturated-phosphatidylcholine (DSPC-PA) synthesis in vivo in humans by the incorporation of deuterium from total body water into DSPC-PA under steady state condition...
- Protein analysis by hydrogen exchange mass spectrometryAndrew N Hoofnagle
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Annu Rev Biophys Biomol Struct 32:1-25. 2003Mass spectrometry has provided a powerful method for monitoring hydrogen exchange of protein backbone amides with deuterium from solvent...
- The use of 2H, 13C, 15N multidimensional NMR to study the structure and dynamics of proteinsK H Gardner
Protein Engineering Network Centres of Excellence, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Annu Rev Biophys Biomol Struct 27:357-406. 1998During the past thirty years, deuterium labeling has been used to improve the resolution and sensitivity of protein NMR spectra used in a wide variety of applications...
- 13CHD2 methyl group probes of millisecond time scale exchange in proteins by 1H relaxation dispersion: an application to proteasome gating residue dynamicsAndrew J Baldwin
Department of Molecular Genetics, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1A8, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 132:10992-5. 2010..The methodology is applied to the gating residues of the T. acidiphilium proteasome that are shown to undergo extensive motion on the millisecond time scale...
- Quenched hydrogen/deuterium exchange NMR characterization of amyloid-beta peptide aggregates formed in the presence of Cu2+ or Zn2+Anders Olofsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umea University, Sweden
FEBS J 276:4051-60. 2009..of Abeta(1-40) and Abeta(1-42) in the presence or absence of either Cu(2+) or Zn(2+) using quenched hydrogen/deuterium exchange combined with solution NMR spectroscopy...
- The effect of ergosterol on dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine bilayers: a deuterium NMR and calorimetric studyYa Wei Hsueh
Department of Physics, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, V5A 1S6
Biophys J 88:1799-808. 2005..fungal plasma membranes, on the physical properties of dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine (DPPC) multibilayers using deuterium nuclear magnetic resonance ((2)H NMR) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- NMR analysis of a 900K GroEL GroES complexJocelyne Fiaux
Institut fur Molekularbiologie und Biophysik, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Nature 418:207-11. 2002..This establishes the utility of these techniques for solution NMR studies that should permit the exploration of structure, dynamics and interactions in large macromolecular complexes...
- Subpopulations of long-lived and short-lived T cells in advanced HIV-1 infectionMarc K Hellerstein
University of California, Berkeley, 119 Morgan Hall, Berkeley, California 94720 3104, USA
J Clin Invest 112:956-66. 2003..The greatest impact of advanced HIV-1 infection is to reduce the generation of long-lived, potential progenitor T cells...
- Analysis of conformational changes during activation of protein kinase Pak2 by amide hydrogen/deuterium exchangeYuan Hao Hsu
Department of Biochemistry and Division of Biomedical Sciences, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
J Biol Chem 283:36397-405. 2008..Changes at each step were individually analyzed by amide hydrogen/deuterium exchange coupled with mass spectrometry and compared with inactive Pak2...
- Active site residues and mechanism of UDP-glucose dehydrogenaseXue Ge
Department of Chemistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Eur J Biochem 271:14-22. 2004..This indicates that the barriers for the hydride transfer steps have been selectively increased and supports a mechanism in which an ordered water molecule (H-bonded to Thr118) serves as the catalytic base in these steps...
- Accurate measurement of alpha proton chemical shifts of excited protein states by relaxation dispersion NMR spectroscopyPatrik Lundström
Department of Molecular Genetics, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5S 1A8
J Am Chem Soc 131:1915-26. 2009..Thus, the methodology presented is a valuable addition to a growing list of experiments for characterizing excited protein states that are difficult to study using the traditional techniques of structural biology...
- Calcium binding rigidifies the C2 domain and the intradomain interaction of GIVA phospholipase A2 as revealed by hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometryYuan Hao Hsu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0601, USA
J Biol Chem 283:9820-7. 2008..that explore the dynamics and conformational changes of this enzyme in solution utilizing peptide amide hydrogen/deuterium (H/D) exchange coupled with liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (DXMS) to probe the solvent accessibility ..
- Optimal methyl labeling for studies of supra-molecular systemsTomasz L Religa
Departments of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry and Chemistry, The University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biomol NMR 47:163-9. 2010..Thus, labeling of supra-molecules with (13)CH(3) isotopomers remains the method of choice, but in applications where (13)CHD(2) moieties are required, sensitivity will in general not be limiting...
- Fundamental limits to the accuracy of deuterium isotopes for identifying the spatial origin of migratory animalsAdrian Farmer
Fort Collins Science Center, US Geological Survey, 2150 Centre Avenue, Building C, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Oecologia 158:183-92. 2008b>Deuterium isotope analyses have revolutionized the study of migratory connectivity because global gradients of deuterium in precipitation (deltaD(P)) are expressed on a continental scale...
- Natural deuterium distribution in branched-chain medium-length fatty acids is nonstatistical: a site-specific study by quantitative 2H NMR spectroscopy of the fatty acids of capsaicinoidsSandrine Markai
Isotopic Fractionation in Metabolism Group, Laboratoire d Analyse Isotopique et Electrochimique de Métabolismes, CNRS UMR 6006, Universite de Nantes, BP 92208 2 rue de la Houssinière, 44322 Nantes, France
Chembiochem 3:212-8. 2002....
- The use of deuterium isotope effects to probe the active site properties, mechanism of cytochrome P450-catalyzed reactions, and mechanisms of metabolically dependent toxicitySidney D Nelson
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7631, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 31:1481-98. 2003..elements from studies that have led to our current understanding of the factors that cause the observed primary deuterium isotope effect, (kH/kD)obs, of most enzymatically mediated reactions to be much smaller than the "true"..
- Deuterium NMR Investigation of the lyotropic phases of alkyl β-glycoside/D2O systemsOmar Misran
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Phys Chem B 117:7335-44. 2013..four glycosides (βC8OGlc, βC8SGlc, βC10OGlc, βC8OGal) in water and D2O by optical polarizing microscopy and deuterium NMR...
- Phosphoinositide binding regulates alpha-actinin CH2 domain structure: analysis by hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometryStephen J Full
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Protein Sci 16:2597-604. 2007..by which phosphoinositide binding regulates alpha-actinin function using mass spectrometry to monitor hydrogen-deuterium (H/D) exchange within the calponin homology 2 domain...
- Conformational dynamics of partially denatured myoglobin studied by time-resolved electrospray mass spectrometry with online hydrogen-deuterium exchangeDouglas A Simmons
Department of Chemistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5B7, Canada
Biochemistry 42:5896-905. 2003..The hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HDX) kinetics of mildly denatured myoglobin (Mb) at pD 9...
- Hydrogen and deuterium in myoglobin as seen by a neutron structure determination at 1.5 A resolutionAndreas Ostermann
Advanced Science Research Centre, JAERI, Tokai mura, Ibaraki 319 1195, Japan
Biophys Chem 95:183-93. 2002..5 A. The hydrogen atoms were replaced in part, by deuterium soaking the crystals for more than 10 years in D(2)O...
- Aziridinomitosenes by anionic cyclization: deuterium as a removable blocking groupEdwin Vedejs
Department of Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:748-9. 2002..the deuterated analogue 11b gives the tetracyclic 18 as the major product, the result of a substantial kinetic deuterium isotope effect that favors formation of 16 and 17 by suppressing indole ring lithiation to the undesired 15...
- Stable hydrogen and carbon isotope fractionation during microbial toluene degradation: mechanistic and environmental aspectsB Morasch
, , D-78457 Konstanz, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:4842-9. 2001..086) and minimum fractionation at 35 degrees C (b = -2.138). D/H isotope fractionation was observed only if the deuterium label was located at the methyl group of the toluene molecule which is the site of the initial enzymatic attack ..
- Temperature-induced conformational change at the catalytic site of Sulfolobus solfataricus alcohol dehydrogenase highlighted by Asn249Tyr substitution. A hydrogen/deuterium exchange, kinetic, and fluorescence quenching studyFrancesco Secundo
Istituto di Chimica del Riconoscimento Molecolare, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via M Bianco 9, I 20131 Milano, Italy
Biochemistry 44:11040-8. 2005A combination of hydrogen/deuterium exchange, fluorescence quenching, and kinetic studies was used to acquire experimental evidence for the crystallographically hypothesized increase in local flexibility which occurs in thermophilic NAD(+..
- Electron transfer dissociation facilitates the measurement of deuterium incorporation into selectively labeled peptides with single residue resolutionMartin Zehl
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Am Chem Soc 130:17453-9. 2008Mass spectrometry is routinely applied to measure the incorporation of deuterium into proteins and peptides. The exchange of labile, heteroatom-bound hydrogens is mainly used to probe the structural dynamics of proteins in solution, e.g...
- Mapping ERK2-MKP3 binding interfaces by hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometryBo Zhou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 281:38834-44. 2006..To understand the molecular basis of ERK2 recognition by MKP3, we carried out hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry experiments to map the interaction surfaces between the two proteins...
- Brief early-life non-specific incorporation of deuterium extends mean life span in Drosophila melanogaster without affecting fecundityStephanie C Hammel
Chemistry Department, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Rejuvenation Res 16:98-104. 2013..Up to 22.5% deuterium oxide (D₂O) in H₂O was administered, with the result that a low percentage of D₂O in the water increased ..
- Chronic alcohol exposure disturbs lipid homeostasis at the adipose tissue-liver axis in mice: analysis of triacylglycerols using high-resolution mass spectrometry in combination with in vivo metabolite deuterium labelingXiaoli Wei
Chemistry Department, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e55382. 2013A method of employing high-resolution mass spectrometry in combination with in vivo metabolite deuterium labeling was developed in this study to investigate the effects of alcohol exposure on lipid homeostasis at the white adipose tissue ..
- Mechanism of 4,6-O-benzylidene-directed beta-mannosylation as determined by alpha-deuterium kinetic isotope effectsDavid Crich
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60607 7061, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 43:5386-9. 2004
- An efficient protocol for the complete incorporation of methyl-protonated alanine in perdeuterated proteinIsabel Ayala
Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel, UMR 5075, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Joseph Fourier, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027, Grenoble Cedex, France
J Biomol NMR 43:111-9. 2009..Our cost effective strategy offers a significant enhancement in the level of incorporation of methyl-labeled alanine in overexpressed proteins over previously reported methods...
- Real-time hydrogen/deuterium exchange kinetics via supercharged electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryHarry J Sterling
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 1460, United States
Anal Chem 82:9050-7. 2010Amide hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HDX) rate constants of bovine ubiquitin in an ammonium acetate solution containing 1% of the electrospray ionization (ESI) "supercharging" reagent m-nitrobenzyl alcohol (m-NBA) were obtained using top-..
- Expression of deuterium-isotope-labelled protein in the yeast pichia pastoris for NMR studiesW D Morgan
Division of Molecular Structure, National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
J Biomol NMR 17:337-47. 2000b>Deuterium isotope labelling is important for NMR studies of large proteins and complexes. Many eukaryotic proteins are difficult to express in bacteria, but can be efficiently produced in the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris...
- Hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry reveals specific changes in the local flexibility of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 upon binding to the somatomedin B domain of vitronectinMorten Beck Trelle
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Biochemistry 51:8256-66. 2012..We have used hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry to assess the inherent structural flexibility of PAI-1 and to monitor the changes ..
- Can deuterium stable isotope values be used to assign the geographic origin of an auxiliary hoverfly in south-western France?A Ouin
Universite de Toulouse, UMR DYNAFOR, INRA INP ENSAT INP EIPurpan, BP 32607, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 25:2793-8. 2011b>Deuterium δD isotopic analysis is increasingly being used to trace wildlife movement, and undoubtedly has much to offer in this respect, but questions still remain as to the feasibility and practicality of the method in ecology...
- No-D NMR (no-deuterium proton NMR) spectroscopy: a simple yet powerful method for analyzing reaction and reagent solutionsThomas R Hoye
Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota, 207 Pleasant St, SE, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Org Lett 6:953-6. 2004..The spectral data are easy to acquire, and the information content makes a compelling case for routine use of No-D NMR spectroscopy...
- Deuterium quadrupolar tensors of L-histidine hydrochloride monohydrate-d7Xingang Zhao
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588 0304, USA
J Phys Chem B 110:25059-65. 2006A deuterium NMR study at 14 T of a single crystal of L-histidine hydrochloride monohydrate has determined the deuteron quadrupole coupling constants CQ, asymmetry parameters eta, and electric field gradient orientation for the ..
- Validation of the measurement of glucose appearance rate with [6,6-2H2]glucose in lactating dairy cowsSophie Lemosquet
Unité Mixte de Recherches sur la Production du Lait, INRA, 35590 Saint Gilles, France
Reprod Nutr Dev 44:17-27. 2004..We conclude that in lactating dairy cows, the measurement of glucose fluxes with this method is relevant and minimally invasive for the animals...
- Site-specific analysis of gas-phase hydrogen/deuterium exchange of peptides and proteins by electron transfer dissociationKasper D Rand
The Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Anal Chem 84:1931-40. 2012To interpret the wealth of information contained in the hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HDX) behavior of peptides and proteins in the gas-phase, analytical tools are needed to resolve the HDX of individual exchanging sites...
- Oligomerization interface of RAGE receptor revealed by MS-monitored hydrogen deuterium exchangeEwa Sitkiewicz
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warszawa, Poland
PLoS ONE 8:e76353. 2013..In this study, we used hydrogen-deuterium exchange and mass spectrometry to map structural differences between the monomeric and oligomeric forms of RAGE...
- Deuterium isotope effects during carbon-hydrogen bond cleavage by trimethylamine dehydrogenase. Implications for mechanism and vibrationally assisted hydrogen tunneling in wild-type and mutant enzymesJ Basran
Departments of Biochemistry and Chemistry, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:24581-7. 2001..Our studies illustrate the varied effects of compromising mutations on tunneling regimes in enzyme molecules...
- Comparative measurements of total body water in healthy volunteers by online breath deuterium measurement and other near-subject methodsDavid Smith
Centre for Science and Technology in Medicine, School of Postgraduate Medicine, Keele University, Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 76:1295-301. 2002We developed a new near-subject approach, using flowing afterglow-mass spectrometry (FA-MS) and deuterium dilution, which enables the immediate measurement of total body water (TBW) from single exhalations.
- Deuterium depletion can decrease the expression of C-myc Ha-ras and p53 gene in carcinogen-treated miceZ Gyöngyi
Department of Public Health, University Medical School of Pecs, Hungary
In Vivo 14:437-9. 2000In spite of the fact that the deuterium concentration is over 10 mmol/l in all living organisms, its possible role has been ignored for six decades...
- Characterization of (1)H-(1)H distances in a uniformly (2)H,(15)N-labeled SH3 domain by MAS solid-state NMR spectroscopy (section sign)Bernd Reif
Institut für Organische Chemie und Biochemie II, TU Munchen, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, D 85747 Garching, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 125:1488-9. 2003..Different deuteration schemes were tested to find conditions where short-range (1)H-(1)H interactions are truncated (e.g., between H(N) and H(alpha)), but long-range interactions are retained (e.g., between H(N) and H(N))...
- Ultrahigh resolution in proton solid-state NMR spectroscopy at high levels of deuterationVeniamin Chevelkov
Leibniz Institut fur Molekulare Pharmakologie FMP, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:3878-81. 2006
- Hydrogen-deuterium exchange at non-labile sites: a new reaction facet with broad implications for structural and dynamic determinationsD R Reed
Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 12:1163-8. 2001Hydrogen-deuterium exchange at non-labile sites is reported...
- Deuterium labeling for neutron structure-function-dynamics analysisFlora Meilleur
Department of Molecular and Structural Biochemistry, North Carolina State University, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Raleigh, Oak Ridge, NC, TN, USA
Methods Mol Biol 544:281-92. 2009..The particular sensitivity of neutrons to the isotopes of hydrogen makes selective deuterium labeling of biological systems an essential tool for maximizing the return from neutron scattering experiments...
- Three-dimensional deuterium-carbon correlation experiments for high-resolution solid-state MAS NMR spectroscopy of large proteinsDaniela Lalli
Leibniz Institut fur Molekulare Pharmakologie FMP, Berlin, Germany
J Biomol NMR 51:477-85. 2011..Sufficient signal-to-noise was achieved due to the short deuterium T (1), allowing for high repetition rates and enabling 3D experiments with a (2)H-(13)C ..
- Deuterium isotope effects on noncovalent interactions between moleculesD Wade
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, Kuwait University, Safat
Chem Biol Interact 117:191-217. 1999The topic of deuterium isotope effects is usually concerned with the effects on chemical reactions that are caused by the substitution of deuterium atoms for protium, or hydrogen, atoms in a molecule...
- Measurement of longitudinal changes in body composition during weight loss and maintenance in overweight and obese subjects using air-displacement plethysmography in comparison with the deuterium dilution techniqueG Plasqui
Department of Human Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Obes (Lond) 35:1124-30. 2011..Air-displacement plethysmography (ADP) may be a valid and practical technique to assess body composition in a clinical setting...
- Use of 11alpha-deuterium labeled cortisol as a tracer for assessing reduced 11beta-HSD2 activity in vivo following glycyrrhetinic acid ingestion in a human subjectYasuji Kasuya
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Steroids 70:117-25. 2005..The 2H-labeling in the 11alpha-position of cortisol served as an appropriate tracer for assessing the reduced 11beta-HSD2 activity in vivo induced by glycyrrhetinic acid...
- A retrospective evaluation of the effects of deuterium depleted water consumption on 4 patients with brain metastases from lung cancerKrisztina Krempels
HYD LLC for Cancer Research and Drug Development, Budapest, Hungary
Integr Cancer Ther 7:172-81. 2008..A new concept based on the different chemical and physical behavior of protium and deuterium affecting cell signaling and tumor growth has been introduced in the treatment of cancer patients...
- Measurement of deuterium-labeled phylloquinone in plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography/mass spectrometryXueyan Fu
Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, 711 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Anal Chem 81:5421-5. 2009..We developed a method to simultaneously measure unlabeled and deuterium-labeled phylloquinone concentrations in plasma specimens using high-performance liquid chromatography/mass ..
- Deuterium labeled peptides give insights into the directionality of class III lantibiotic synthetase LabKCBartlomiej Krawczyk
Fakultät II Institut für Chemie, Technische Universitat Berlin, Strasse des 17 Juni 124, 10623 Berlin, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 134:9922-5. 2012..We present a deuterium-label based enzyme assay, utilizing a series of peptide substrates with α-deuterated Ser, for the determination ..
- Gas-phase hydrogen/deuterium exchange in a traveling wave ion guide for the examination of protein conformationsKasper D Rand
The Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Anal Chem 81:10019-28. 2009..of a Synapt mass spectrometer offers a highly suitable environment for rapid and efficient gas-phase hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HDX)...
- Near-infrared spectroscopic monitoring of the diffusion process of deuterium-labeled molecules in wood. Part I: softwoodSatoru Tsuchikawa
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Appl Spectrosc 57:667-74. 2003..molecules (D2O, n-butanol (OD) and t-butanol (OD)) in softwood (Sitka spruce) was investigated by means of a deuterium exchange method and Fourier transform near-infrared (FT-NIR) polarization spectroscopy...
- [Biological significance of naturally occurring deuterium: the antitumor effect of deuterium depletion]Gábor Somlyai
HYD Rákkutató és Gyógyszerfejleszto Kft Budapest Pf 695 1539
Orv Hetil 151:1455-60. 2010The concentration of deuterium is about 150 ppm (over 16 mmol/L) in surface water and more than 10 mmol/L in living organisms...
- Stable hydrogen and oxygen isotope ratios of bottled waters of the worldGabriel J Bowen
Biology Department, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:3442-50. 2005..g., recharge) and proximal (e.g., reservoir) sources of bottled water and constitute a potential tool for use in the regulatory monitoring of water products...
- Quantification of deuterium isotopomers of tree-ring cellulose using nuclear magnetic resonanceTatiana R Betson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Anal Chem 78:8406-11. 2006Stable isotopes in tree rings are important tools for reconstruction of past climate. Deuterium (D) is of particular interest since it may contain climate signals and report on tree physiology...
- Deuterium isotope effects on hydrophobic interactions: the importance of dispersion interactions in the hydrophobic phaseMaciej Turowski
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 125:13836-49. 2003Hydrogen/deuterium isotope effects on hydrophobic binding were examined by means of reversed-phase chromatographic separation of protiated and deuterated isotopologue pairs for a set of 10 nonpolar and low-polarity compounds with 10 ..
- Phosphorylation driven motions in the COOH-terminal Src kinase, CSK, revealed through enhanced hydrogen-deuterium exchange and mass spectrometry (DXMS)Yoshitomo Hamuro
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla 92093 0656, USA
J Mol Biol 323:871-81. 2002..We have employed enhanced methods of hydrogen-deuterium exchange-mass spectrometry (DXMS) to probe conformational changes on CSK in the absence and presence of ..
- 1H-1H MAS correlation spectroscopy and distance measurements in a deuterated peptideB Reif
Department of Chemistry and MIT/Harvard Center for Magnetic Resonance, Francis Bitter Magnet Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Magn Reson 151:320-7. 2001..The experiments are performed on a sample of the dipeptide N-Ac-Val-Leu-OH, which was synthesized from uniformly [2H, 15N] labeled materials and back-exchanged in H2O...
- Prediction of amino acid residues protected from hydrogen-deuterium exchange in a protein chainN V Dovidchenko
Institute of Protein Research, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, 142290, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 74:888-97. 2009We have investigated the possibility to predict protection of amino acid residues from hydrogen-deuterium exchange...
- Deuterium enrichment of vitamin A at the C20 position slows the formation of detrimental vitamin A dimers in wild-type rodentsYardana Kaufman
Department of Ophthalmology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 286:7958-65. 2011..We prepared vitamin A enriched with the stable isotope deuterium at carbon twenty (C20-D(3)-vitamin A)...
- A simple strategy for ¹³C, ¹H labeling at the Ile-γ2 methyl position in highly deuterated proteinsAmy M Ruschak
Department of Molecular Genetics, The University of Toronto, ON, Canada
J Biomol NMR 48:129-35. 2010..This labeling scheme adds to a growing list of different approaches that are significantly impacting the utility of solution NMR spectroscopy in studies of supra-molecular systems...
- Isotope dilution spaces of mice injected simultaneously with deuterium, tritium and oxygen-18E Krol
Aberdeen Centre for Energy Regulation and Obesity, Department of Zoology, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB24 2TZ, UK
J Exp Biol 202:2839-49. 1999..we injected 15 non-reproductive and 12 lactating mice (Mus musculus, outbred MF1) simultaneously with deuterium, tritium and oxygen-18...
- Evaluation of a deuterium-labeled internal standard for the measurement of sirolimus by high-throughput HPLC electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometrySean O'Halloran
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, PathWest Laboratory Medicine, Nedlands, Australia
Clin Chem 54:1386-9. 2008..A stable isotope-labeled IS can be used to minimize analytical interpatient variation...
- Amide proton back-exchange in deuterated peptides: applications to MS and NMR analysesLianmei Feng
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Anal Chem 78:6885-92. 2006b>Deuterium for hydrogen exchange at amide sites in proteins is a well-established means of probing the stability of certain proteins and the effects of interactions with ligands and other proteins...
- Synthesis of regio- and stereoselectively deuterium-labelled derivatives of L-glutamate semialdehyde for studies on carbapenem biosynthesisChristian Ducho
University of Oxford, Department of Chemistry, Chemistry Research Laboratory, Mansfield Road, Oxford, United Kingdom OX1 3TA
Org Biomol Chem 7:2770-9. 2009..Regioselective deuterium incorporation into the 5-position of L-GSA was achieved using a labelled form of the Schwartz reagent (Cp2Zr2HCl)..
- A primary hydrogen-deuterium isotope effect observed at the single-molecule levelSiran Lu
Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX1 3TA, UK
Nat Chem 2:921-8. 2010..Remarkably, a primary hydrogen-deuterium isotope effect is readily detected at the single-molecule level during prototropic rearrangement of an initial ..
- Deuterium dilution: the time course of 2H enrichment in saliva, urine, and serumCatherine M Jankowski
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Clin Chem 50:1699-701. 2004
- Biogenetic studies in Syringa vulgaris L.: synthesis and bioconversion of deuterium-labeled precursors into lilac aldehydes and lilac alcoholsMirjam Kreck
Institut fur Lebensmittelchemie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Marie Curie Strasse 9, D 60439 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 51:463-9. 2003..and analyzed using enantioselective multidimensional gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (enantio-MDGC/MS); deuterium-labeled lilac aldehydes and lilac alcohols were separated from unlabeled stereoisomers on a fused silica ..
- Solvent and primary deuterium isotope effects show that lactate CH and OH bond cleavages are concerted in Y254F flavocytochrome b2, consistent with a hydride transfer mechanismPablo Sobrado
Departments of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2128, USA
Biochemistry 42:15208-14. 2003..Primary deuterium and solvent isotope effects have now been used to analyze the effects of mutating the active site residue Tyr254 ..
- Insights into small heat shock protein and substrate structure during chaperone action derived from hydrogen/deuterium exchange and mass spectrometryGuilong Cheng
Department of Chemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Biol Chem 283:26634-42. 2008..To better define their mechanism of chaperone action, we used hydrogen/deuterium exchange and mass spectrometry (HXMS) to monitor conformational changes during complex formation between the ..
- Dynamic impact of methylation at the M. Hhai target site: a solid-state deuterium NMR studyG A Meints
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Biochemistry 40:12436-43. 2001..in the local dynamics of DNA upon substitution of a methylated cytosine analogue for cytosine using solid-state deuterium NMR. In particular, we have observed changes in the local dynamics at the target site of the M...
- Cores and pH-dependent dynamics of ferredoxin-NADP+ reductase revealed by hydrogen/deuterium exchangeYoung Ho Lee
Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University and CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:5959-67. 2007NMR-detected hydrogen/deuterium (H/D) exchange of amide protons is a powerful way for investigating the residue-based conformational stability and dynamics of proteins in solution...
- Chemistry, Structure and Biology of Thiol TransferasesRichard N Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2013..All of these proteins are integral membrane proteins. Specific Aim 1 relies heavily on hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (H/DEX MS) to probe the structural aspects of these proteins as they interact with ..
- MEMBRANE BASIS OF VISUAL EXCITATIONMichael F Brown; Fiscal Year: 2012..The approach will apply a key biophysical technology, deuterium (2H) NMR spectroscopy, to investigate aligned membranes containing rhodopsin with a deuterated retinal ..
- Ovarian hormone suppression and regulation of adipogenesis in womenWendy M Kohrt; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will be assessed by measuring the changes in cell size distribution and the incorporation of deuterium (2H) into DNA of cells in the non-stromal (i.e., mature adipocyte) fraction...
- Determining the Function of PNPLA3 Utilizing Metabolomics and Stable Isotope LabeMATTHEW ALVIN MITSCHE; Fiscal Year: 2013..these LC-MS/MS-based methods to determine the flux of each lipid class by measuring the rate of incorporation of deuterium from deuterated water (D2O) in cultured cells that overexpress PNPLA3, and in genetically manipulated mouse ..
- Design and mechanistic studies of mimics of antimicrobial peptidesWilliam F Degrado; Fiscal Year: 2013..The mechanism will be tested using quantitative disulfide mapping, hydrogen-deuterium exchange, and X-ray crystallography...
- Chiral Microchip Electrophoresis - Mass Spectrometric Methods for Metabolic StudiYiming Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..We plan to incubate PC-12 or SH-SY5Y cells with deuterium-labeled salsolinol (i.e. Sal-,,,1-d4) or (R)-NMSal...
- Coordinating Translesion DNA Synthesis Opposite Damaged DNARobert L Eoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..Structural approaches including x-ray crystallograpy and hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry will be combined with kinetic analysis in an effort to determine how two human Y-..
- Structure and Function of HAD Phosphatase Partners Dullard and LipinDebra Dunaway-Mariano; Fiscal Year: 2013..Where appropriate, X-ray crystallographic, solution SAXS and protein deuterium-hydrogen exchange studies will define complex structures.
- Protein Kinase Regulatory Subunit I Directed MutagenesisSusan S Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2013..small angle neutron scattering, stopped-flow fluorescence, fluorescence resonance energy transfer, hydrogen/deuterium exchange coupled with mass spectrometry, and NMR spectroscopy in parallel with Xray crystallography...
- DNA Helicases: Mechanisms and FunctionsKevin D Raney; Fiscal Year: 2013..High mobility protein motifs will be identified by hydrogen-deuterium exchange in order to determine the relationship between protein structure and dynamics...
- Structure-Function of AAV - a Viral Gene Therapy VectorMichael S Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2013..measurement of binding affinities and for structural characterization by cryo-EM or footprinting by hydrogen / deuterium exchange mass spectrometry...
- Vitamin E Requirements in Women,Obese Women and Diabetic Obese WomenMaret G Traber; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal seeks funding for the Traber group for the analysis of deuterium-labeled alpha-tocopherol samples and lipid peroxidation biomarkers. Specific Aim 1...
- Coordinating Translesion DNA Synthesis Opposite Damaged DNARobert L Eoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..Structural approaches including x-ray crystallography and hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry will be combined with functional kinetic analysis and cellular studies in an effort ..
- Short Wavelength UV Sources for Treatment of PsoriasisJOSEPH SMART; Fiscal Year: 2006..Today, these light sources are primarily broadband high pressure mercury lamps, mercury xenon, mercury argon and deuterium sources or excimer lasers...
- Synapt G2-S System with HXMS AutomationElizabeth A Komives; Fiscal Year: 2013..The PI of this project was the first to show that hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HX) could be measured by MALDI mass spectrometry...
- Polymerase Interactions with Carcinogen-modified DNAF Peter Guengerich; Fiscal Year: 2013..X-ray crystallography (including PCNA complexes) and motions of individual parts will be analyzed using hydrogen-deuterium (H-D) exchange rates...
- Regulation, signaling, and dynamics of glucan phosphatases.Matthew S Gentry; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will utilize Hydrogen- Deuterium exchange mass spectrometry to define the structural dynamics of laforin and x-ray crystallography to determine ..
- Body Composition &REE Responses to Bariatric SurgeriesDympna Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2013..from Weill Cornell and the University of Pittsburgh will undergo the following measures: total body water by deuterium dilution (fat and FFM), extracellular water by sodium bromide tracer, body density by the BodPod, whole-body MRI ..
- Mitochondrial Proteome Dynamics in Heart Failure Assessed with Heavy WaterTakhar Kasumov; Fiscal Year: 2013..by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) enables measurement of protein synthesis using deuterium (2H) labeled precursors and assessment of isotopically enriched protein products...
- Mechanism of G protein Activation by Ric-8AStephen R Sprang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hydrogen-Deuterium eXchange, followed by proteolysis and Mass Spectrometry (HDXMS) will be employed to observe structural changes ..
- Microfluidics for High-Throughput HDX-MSJulian P Whitelegge; Fiscal Year: 2013..an instrument that can reliably manipulate small amounts of sample to rapidly and automatically perform hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HDX) and be interfaced with current HPLC-ESI-MS systems...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Prion and Amyloid PropagationChristopher P Jaroniec; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, we will use hydrogen/deuterium exchange solution NMR methods, atomic force microscopy and tilted-beam transmission electron microscopy.
- Apolipoprotein E/Lipoprotein Binding MechanismVasanthy Narayanaswami; Fiscal Year: 2013..pattern of recombinant apoE3 and apoE4 using a combination of fluorescence polarization (FP) and hydrogen deuterium exchange coupled to mass spectrometry (HDX-MS);(ii) compare the lipid binding mechanism between apoE3 and apoE4 ..
- Investigation of unusual cyclization reactions in biocatalysisHung wen Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..This hypothesis will be tested using secondary deuterium kinetic isotope effects and further characterized via thermodynamic and kinetic study of the cycloaddition ..
- In vivo assessment of T cell kinetics in individuals at risk for Type 1 diabetesCarla J Greenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2013..Advances in stable isotope methodologies (labeling with deuterium oxide (2H2O) and deuterated glucose (2H2-glucose) are used to measure the kinetics of cell populations in vivo ..
- How glucose transporter structure affects its functionAnthony Carruthers; Fiscal Year: 2013..are modified by photo-affinity substrates/antagonists and which are substrate- protected against hydrogen-deuterium exchange (H/DX)? We then ask if critical substrate binding residues are altered in GLUT1-DS...
- Biochemical Consequences of Deafness-causing Actin MutationsPeter A Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will also use mass spectroscopy coupled with hydrogen-deuterium exchange to determine directly the effects of the mutations on actin filament conformation and flexibility...
- ABI Elite ESI-QqTOF Mass Spectrometry SystemNatalie G Ahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is also used extensively for proteomics applications, including hydrogen-deuterium exchange measurements to map protein-protein and protein-ligand interfaces, and routine ESI-LC-MS/MS to carry ..
- A Mutagenic Study of Yeast Actin Conformational ChangesPeter A Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..biological and protein chemical approaches such as polymerization kinetics, covalent crosslinking, and hydrogen/deuterium exchange to address the following aims...
- The role and mechanisms of lipofuscin formation in macular degenerationIlyas Washington; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the ocular pharmacokinetics of vitamin A and its dimers we track their fate and/or biosynthesis using deuterium or tritium labeled species...
- Structural features of the nuclear receptor signaling codeKendall W Nettles; Fiscal Year: 2013..by the PSI center will also be used to define structural features of allosteric signaling using our automated high throughput platform for assaying conformational dynamics with hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (HDX).
- A 800 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer in Support of Life Science ReseStephan Wilkens; Fiscal Year: 2013..is equipped with four channels for conducting triple resonance experiments with simultaneous decoupling of deuterium for analyzing (partially) deuterated samples...
- Structures and Properties of Polyglutamine Proteins and Their AggregatesRONALD B WETZEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..htt NTFs including exon1, with biophysical tools such as NMR, fluorescence resonance energy transfer, hydrogen-deuterium exchange, and mutational analysis...
- ENERGY TRANSDUCTION IN CYTOCHROME OXIDASEShelagh M Ferguson Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..control by defining where "outside" is located in CcO, using stopped-flow freeze-quench Mn ESEEM to measure deuterium access rates, and identifying residues and conformational features that control both access and activity;2) To ..
- Pre-doctoral Training in Molecular and Biochemical NutritionJoseph L Napoli; Fiscal Year: 2013..is expanding its expertise from LC/MS/MS and GC/MS, as applied to quantification of select metabolites and deuterium isotope studies, to proteomics and metabolomics through the purchase of two new mass spectrometers and hiring ..
- Chemical Structure Effects on Bone Response to Mechanical LoadMICHAEL DAVID MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..disordering of the collagen and mineral by partial and complete displacement of native matrix water with deuterium oxide, which forms weaker hydrogen bonds...
- SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE STRUCTURES AND LOU GEHRIGS DISEASEJohn A Tainer; Fiscal Year: 2013..and analyze crystal structures informed by NMR results, examine protein interactions and conformations with deuterium exchange mass spectrometry, and employ computer-based ligand binding analyses...
- Interplay of protein and membrane intermediates during influenza virus fusionKELLY KEISEN LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..electron cryo-tomography (ECT), small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) with 3-D shape reconstruction, and Hydrogen-Deuterium-exchange with mass spectrometry analysis (HD-MS) will be employed...
- Toward a Comprehensive Model for Enzyme CatalysisJudith P Klinman; Fiscal Year: 2013..a combination of fluorescence lifetime and anisotropy measurements, resonance Raman spectroscopy and hydrogen deuterium exchange...
- Factor XIII Activation and Substrate SpecificityMuriel C Maurer; Fiscal Year: 2010..To test these hypotheses, a combination of kinetic studies, hydrogen/deuterium exchange, chemical modification methods, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, solution NMR, and surface plasmon ..
- Mechanisms of Energy Transduction in Heme-Copper OxidasesDenis L Rousseau; Fiscal Year: 2013..Based on this hypothesis, as supported by our preliminary data, a new methodology, hydrogen/deuterium exchange resonance Raman spectroscopy, will be developed and used to investigate the critical driving elements ..
- STRUCTURE AND DYNAMICS OF METAL-CONTAINING PROTEINSTHOMAS CHARLES POCHAPSKY; Fiscal Year: 2012..MS-MS has been used to localize redox-dependent changes in local protein dynamics in CYP101 by hydrogen/deuterium exchange...
- Structural interrogation of allosteric AMPK regulationKarsten Melcher; Fiscal Year: 2013..extensive mapping o AMP- and cyclodextrin-induced local changes in surface accessibility by dynamic hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (HDX) and by mutational, biochemical, and cell-based analyses...
- Identification of Molecular Interactions Between a Chemokine Receptor and LigandCATHERINA L SALANGA; Fiscal Year: 2010..aims of this proposal are as follows: (1) In collaboration with the Woods lab here at UCSD, we will use enhanced deuterium exchange with Mass Spectrometry (DXMS) to identify the interaction surfaces between the MCP-3:CCR1 complex...
- LTQ Orbitrap VelosLarry L David; Fiscal Year: 2012..The high resolution of the instrument will also be used to measure hydrogen/deuterium exchange rates in proteins to probe the structure of protein complexes...
- STRUCTURAL MODELS FOR MOLYBDOENZYMESJohn H Enemark; Fiscal Year: 2011..the surroundings of the molybdenum active site in wild-type and pathogenic mutants of SO through labeling with deuterium, 17O and 33S, and by complementary theoretical calculations...
- Mechanistic Investigation of the Radical SAM Deaminase DesllMark W Ruszczycky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Characterization of products obtained by reacting deuterium or oxygen-18 labeled substrates with Desll can therefore test these hypotheses...
- Phase 1 Safety and Pharmacokinetics of ALK001 in people over 60Ilyas Washington; Fiscal Year: 2012..The investigational compound is a vitamin A enriched with deuterium, D3-vitamin A...
- Polypeptide Conformation and Interaction with Hsp70Silvia Cavagnero; Fiscal Year: 2009..mapping of isotopically labeled polypeptides by NMR in the presence of unlabeled Hsp70 chaperone;(b) hydrogen/deuterium exchange pulse labeling kinetic experiments to detect the mechanisms of structure formation in the presence of ..
- Protein Kinase - Primary Structure and cAMP InteractionSusan S Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hydrogen/deuterium exchange coupled with mass spectrometry will be used to identify interaction surfaces and allosteric pathways ..
- Functional connections between histone variants and histone chaperonesKarolin Luger; Fiscal Year: 2013..the effect of histone chaperones on the folded state of histone variant complexes will be assayed by hydrogen-deuterium exchange coupled to mass spectrometry...
- Role of 5-alpha Reductase in Testosterone ActionsShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The following outcomes will be measured at baseline and after 20 weeks: body composition by DEXA scan, deuterium oxide and sodium bromide dilution; thigh muscle volume by MRI scan; muscle performance by measurements of 1-..
- GPCR NetworkRaymond C Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2013..be conducted with purified receptors bound to different ligands to understand receptor dynamics using hydrogen-deuterium exchange and NMR spectroscopy...
- Dynamic Interactions of Cardiac Troponin and TropomyosinLarry S Tobacman; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have developed the means to study these dynamics with a very powerful approach: hydrogen/deuterium exchange with ultra high resolution mass spectrometry (HDX)...
- Mapping The Domain Architecture And Conformations of Soluble Guanylate CyclaseERIC STEVEN UNDERBAKKE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (HDX-MS) is a powerful strategy for mapping the solvent exposure of protein surfaces ..
- ACTION OF LIPOLYTIC ENZYMESEdward A Dennis; Fiscal Year: 2013..Along with traditional biochemical, molecular biological, and kinetic approaches, we will employ amide hydrogen/deuterium exchange-mass spectrometry (DXMS)...
- Novel Therapeutics for Acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic PurpuraX Long Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..to determine the antigenic binding epitopes at the amino acid resolution using our novel and groundbreaking deuterium exchange coupled with mass spectrometric analysis approaches...
- Development of MassSQUIRM to Quantitatively Measure Lysine MethylationALAN JACKSON TACKETT; Fiscal Year: 2013..all reaction intermediates (un- and monomethyl) to fully dimethyl lysines (differing only by hydrogen and deuterium - which does not affect ionization properties in mass spectrometry)...
- Magnesium Channel Cation SelectivityMichael E Maguire; Fiscal Year: 2013..analysis of site-directed mutants expressed in giant cells or reconstituted in lipid, ii) hydrogen-deuterium exchange primarily of loop and pore residues, and iii) X-ray crystallographic approaches using cations with very ..
- Mechanism of Redox Regulation by Ape1/Ref-1Millie M Georgiadis; Fiscal Year: 2010..we have proposed to use X-ray crystallography, site-directed mutagenesis, chemical cross-linking, and hydrogen/deuterium exchange experiments in order to identify the residues that are required for Apel's redox activity and ..
- Cellular Dynamics of Subcutaneous Fat Distribution in Obese WomenEric Ravussin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also assess in vivo Sc regional adipogenesis by measuring incorporation of deuterium (D) from D2O drinking water into the DNA of plastic adherent stroma-vascular (SV) cells by determining their ..
- Isotropic Reinforcement to Minimize Nigrostriatal DegenerationAMY BEATRICE MANNING-BOG; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, substitution of deuterium for hydrogen stabilizes the site of oxidation in PUFA and slows this reaction by up to 80-fold...
- Nucleosome conformational dynamism: Effect of H2A variants and DNA sequenceSerge Bergeron; Fiscal Year: 2013..fluorescence assay, a method to probe the accessibility of buried histone residues at interfaces, and hydrogen- deuterium exchange analysis...
- CYTOCHROME P450 SUBSTRATE SITING AND MOTIONAnn McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2002..preliminary studies of substrate siting and motion for adamantane bound to the resting state of CP450cam, using deuterium magic angle spinning (MAS) SSNMR spectroscopy. These preliminary data support the hypothesis of extensive motion...
- ART PHARMACOKINETICS IN SEVERELY MALNOURISHED HIV-INFECTED CHILDRENEricka Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2009..to be studied at baseline and 2 and 8 weeks after starting HAART include lean body mass (calculated by deuterium oxide dilution method), mitochondrial integrity (measured by lactate and copy numbers of mitochondrial DNA/RNA ..
- ENZYMIC AND NON-ENZYMIC GLYCOSYL TRANSFERMichael Sinnott; Fiscal Year: 1993..Transition state structures for these processes will be inferred from secondary deuterium (alpha, beta, and gamma), 180 and 13C kinetic isotope effects, measured by the isotopic quasi-racemate method ..
- HIGH PERFORMANCE NEUTRON DETECTOR FOR PROTEIN CRYSTALLOGRAPHYJAROSLAW GLODO; Fiscal Year: 2007..penetrate many heavy elements, but are readily absorbed or scattered by various light isotopes, like hydrogen, deuterium, or lithium...
- PROTEIN INTERACTIONS FROM SOLID MODEL COMPOUNDSTANLEY GILL; Fiscal Year: 1992..Determination over a range of temperatures permits full evaluation of the desired thermodynamic quantities. Deuterium isotope effects can also be evaluated by use of D2O as the solvent, and lattice interactions between proteins in ..
- Testosterone:Physical Function in Men on HemodialysisShalender Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2004..The following outcomes will be measured at baseline and after 16 weeks: body composition by DEXA scan, deuterium oxide and sodium bromide dilution; thigh muscle volume by MRI scan; muscle performance by measurements of 5-..
- Clinical Pharmacology of 3,4-Methylenedioxy AmphetaminesJohn E Mendelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Synthesis and administration of deuterium labelled enantiomers of MDMA and MDA will be used to characterize bioavailability and clearance of drug and ..
- Hydrogen Deuterium Exchange Mapping of Chemokine Receptor Complex InterfacesTracy Handel; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal, we plan to develop and apply Hydrogen Deuterium Exchange coupled with Mass spectrometry (DXMS) to characterize the binding interfaces between chemokines and ..
- ENERGY EXPENDITURE IN BURNED PATIENTSRobert Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 1991..The technique involves administration of water, labeled with the stable isotopes deuterium and oxygen-18...
- PHARMACOKINETICS AND PHARMACODYNAMICS OF NICOTINENeal Benowitz; Fiscal Year: 2002..define pathways of metabolism in humans; (b) synthesis of tobacco alkaloids and stereoisomers, metabolites and deuterium-labeled analogs for pharmacologic and metabolic studies, and (c) developing GC-MS assays for nicotine ..