Summary: An element of the rare earth family of metals. It has the atomic symbol Y, atomic number 39, and atomic weight 88.91. In conjunction with other rare earths, yttrium is used as a phosphor in television receivers and is a component of the yttrium-aluminum garnet (YAG) lasers.
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- State of the art of zirconia for dental applicationsIsabelle Denry
Department of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, The Ohio State University, College of Dentistry, 305 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dent Mater 24:299-307. 2008..An update on the status of clinical trials occurring worldwide is provided...
- Synthesis of hexagonal-phase core-shell NaYF4 nanocrystals with tunable upconversion fluorescenceHai Sheng Qian
Division of Bioengineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Langmuir 24:12123-5. 2008....
- Hydroxylapatite with substituted magnesium, zinc, cadmium, and yttrium. II. Mechanisms of osteoblast adhesionThomas J Webster
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180 3590, USA
J Biomed Mater Res 59:312-7. 2002..osteoblast adhesion on hydroxylapatite (HA) doped with either cadmium (Cd), zinc (Zn), magnesium (Mg), or yttrium (Y). Compared with any other dopant tested in the present study, osteoblast adhesion was significantly (p < 0...
- Radioembolization with use of yttrium-90 resin microspheres in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and portal vein thrombosisMercedes Inarrairaegui
Liver Unit, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Vasc Interv Radiol 21:1205-12. 2010Intraarterial delivery of yttrium-90 ((90)Y)-bound microspheres (ie, radioembolization) is a promising treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Radioembolization of liver tumors with yttrium-90 microspheresHojjat Ahmadzadehfar
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Semin Nucl Med 40:105-21. 2010..This article focuses on procedural and technical aspects for selection, preparation, and performance of treatment as well as post-therapeutic monitoring and response assessment...
- Not all zirconia femoral heads degrade in vivoMarcel E Roy
Missouri Bone and Joint Research Foundation, St Louis, MO 63131, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 465:220-6. 2007..The properties of the yttria-stabilized zirconia evaluated in our study deteriorated in vivo, whereas magnesia-stabilized zirconia did not degrade and appears to be a superior biomaterial for bearing in total joint arthroplasty...
- Influence of thermal expansion mismatch and fatigue loading on phase changes in porcelain veneered Y-TZP zirconia discsM de Kler
Department of Dental Materials Science, Academisch Centrum Tandheelkunde Amsterdam, Universiteit van Amsterdam and Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Oral Rehabil 34:841-7. 2007..Fatigue loading of veneered discs did not, even with the highest possible thermal mismatch stress, cause any conversion from tetragonal to monoclinic phase...
- Aging of retrieved zirconia femoral headsMariano Fernandez-Fairen
Instituto de Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Orthop Relat Res 462:122-9. 2007..Aging of zirconia in vivo is then a function of time in service, and the loss of surface properties is caused by the corresponding increase in monoclinic content...
- The influence of heat treatment and plastic deformation on the bio-degradation of a Mg-Y-RE alloyPetra Gunde
Department of Materials, Laboratory of Metals Physics and Technology, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biomed Mater Res A 92:409-18. 2010..of a thermal oxide layer on the sample surface and to a change in microstructure such as the distribution of yttrium. The varying Y distribution in the alloy does not significantly influence the degradation behavior, and all ..
- Phase transformation of a new generation yttria-stabilized zirconia femoral head after total hip arthroplastyYasuhisa Hayaishi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Gracia Hospital, 6 14 1 Aomadani Nishi, Minoo, 562 8567, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 18:647-50. 2008..Transformation from the tetragonal phase to the monoclinic phase occurred in the new generation zirconia with alumina doping within a relatively short period in vivo...
- Comparison of yttrium-90 quantitative imaging by TOF and non-TOF PET in a phantom of liver selective internal radiotherapyLarry van Elmbt
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 56:6759-77. 2011..90)Y PET imaging in liver SIRT is achievable with LYSO TOF. Conventional LYSO and GSO show a loss of contrast and require longer acquisition times. BGO imaging is not feasible for dosimetry calculation...
- A study on factors affecting the degradation of magnesium and a magnesium-yttrium alloy for biomedical applicationsIan Johnson
Department of Bioengineering, University of California Riverside, Riverside, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e65603. 2013..to investigate the effects of three interactive factors on magnesium degradation, specifically, the addition of yttrium to form a magnesium-yttrium alloy versus pure magnesium, the metallic versus oxide surfaces, and the presence ..
- Treatment of venous infraorbital dark circles using a long-pulsed 1,064-nm neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laserGang Ma
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Dermatol Surg 38:1277-82. 2012..Infraorbital dark circles are a common cosmetic problem with multiple causative factors and few studies into the different treatment options...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel macrocyclic ligands with pendent donor groups as potential yttrium chelators for radioimmunotherapy with improved complex formation kineticsHyun Soon Chong
Chemistry Section, Radiation Oncology Branch, Building 10, Room B3B69, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Med Chem 45:3458-64. 2002..acid tetrahydrochloride (2) with pendent donor groups as potential yttrium chelators for radioimmunotherapy (RIT) have been prepared via a convenient and high-yield cyclization route...
- Facile ligand-exchange with polyvinylpyrrolidone and subsequent silica coating of hydrophobic upconverting beta-NaYF(4):Yb(3+)/Er(3+) nanoparticlesNoah J J Johnson
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, Victoria, British Columbia, CanadaV8W 3V6
Nanoscale 2:771-7. 2010..This ligand-exchange strategy opens a new pathway to study the use of beta-NaYF(4) for biological applications in vivo...
- Hybrid lanthanide nanoparticles with paramagnetic shell coated on upconversion fluorescent nanocrystalsZhengquan Li
Division of Bioengineering, Faculty of Engineering, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 7 Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117574
Langmuir 25:12015-8. 2009....
- Microtensile bond strength of composite resin to human enamel prepared using erbium: Yttrium aluminum garnet laserCarina Sinclér Delfino
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Biomed Mater Res A 80:475-9. 2007The Erbium: Yttrium Aluminum Garnet (YAG) laser used for preparation of cavity can alter the substrate and it could influence the bond strength of enamel...
- Y-TZP ceramics for artificial joint replacementsC Piconi
ENEA, New Technology Dpt, Roma, Italy
Biomaterials 19:1489-94. 1998....
- Modification of electronic properties of top-gated graphene devices by ultrathin yttrium-oxide dielectric layersLin Wang
Department of Physics and The William Mong Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
Nanoscale 5:1116-20. 2013....
- Cerium and yttrium oxide nanoparticles are neuroprotectiveDavid Schubert
The Salk Institute, 10010 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 342:86-91. 2006..It is shown here that nanoparticles composed of cerium oxide or yttrium oxide protect nerve cells from oxidative stress and that the neuroprotection is independent of particle size...
- On the biodegradation performance of an Mg-Y-RE alloy with various surface conditions in simulated body fluidAnja C Hänzi
Laboratory of Metals Physics and Technology, Department of Materials, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Acta Biomater 5:162-71. 2009..Here the differing degradation performances of the annealed-polished and the oxidized samples are related to the different surface conditions and explained on the basis of a depletion hypothesis...
- Comparison of Tc-99m HIG and three-phase Tc-99m MDP bone scintigraphy for evaluating the efficacy of Yttrium-90 silicate radionuclide synovectomyEsra Arzu Gencoglu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ankara University Medical Faculty, Turkey
Clin Nucl Med 28:277-85. 2003..The aim of this study was to compare Tc-99m human immunoglobulin (HIG) and three-phase Tc-99m MDP bone scintigraphy for the assessment of the efficacy of Y-90 silicate therapy in rheumatoid knee synovitis...
- Fracture resistance of yttrium oxide partially-stabilized zirconia all-ceramic bridges after veneering and mechanical fatigue testingAnders Sundh
Department of Odontology, Faculty of Medicine, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Dent Mater 21:476-82. 2005..evaluate after fatigue testing, the effect of heat-treatment and veneering on the fracture resistance of frameworks manufactured using sintered and subsequently hot isostatic pressed yttrium oxide partially-stabilized zirconia (Denzir).
- Inhibition of transiently expressed low- and high-voltage-activated calcium channels by trivalent metal cationsA M Beedle
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, Canada
J Membr Biol 187:225-38. 2002..1) T-type calcium channels cloned from human brain. In 2 mM external barium solution, yttrium most potently inhibited alpha1G current (IC50 = 28 nM), followed by erbium > gadolinium ~ cerium > holmium > ..
- The inhibition of neuronal calcium ion channels by trace levels of yttrium released from carbon nanotubesLorin M Jakubek
Division of Engineering, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Biomaterials 30:6351-7. 2009..activity does not involve tubular graphene as previously reported, but rather very low concentrations of soluble yttrium released from the nanotube growth catalyst...
- Increased osteoblast functions on undoped and yttrium-doped nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite coatings on titaniumMichiko Sato
School of Materials Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Biomaterials 27:2358-69. 2006..Some of the UltraCap and nanocrystalline HA powders were doped with yttrium (Y) since previous studies demonstrated that Y-doped HA in bulk improved osteoblast (or bone-forming cell) ..
- Treatment of unresectable primary and metastatic liver cancer with yttrium-90 microspheres (TheraSphere): assessment of hepatic arterial embolizationKent Sato
Department of Radiology, Section of Interventional Radiology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:522-9. 2006In Canada and Europe, yttrium-90 microspheres (TheraSphere); MDS Nordion, Ottawa, Canada) are a primary treatment option for primary and secondary hepatic malignancies...
- High-power holmium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser for percutaneous treatment of large renal stonesYeong Chin Jou
Department of Urology, Chiayi Christian Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
Urology 69:22-5; discussion 25-6. 2007To assess the efficacy and safety of high-power holmium-yttrium-aluminum-garnet (YAG) laser lithotripsy for percutaneous nephrolithotomy in patients with large renal stones.
- Shear bond strength between veneering ceramics and ceria-stabilized zirconia/aluminaJens Fischer
Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Materials Science, Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Prosthet Dent 103:267-74. 2010..Ceria-stabilized tetragonal ZrO(2)/Al(2)O(3) nanocomposite (Ce-TZP/A) offers superior properties compared to yttria-stabilized zirconia (Y-TZP). However, the bond quality to veneering ceramics has not been investigated...
- Three-dimensional computerized stress analysis of commercially pure titanium and yttrium-partially stabilized zirconia implantsRalf Joachim Kohal
Department of Prosthodontics, Albert Ludwigs University, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 15:189-94. 2002The purpose of this study was to use three-dimensional finite element analysis to analyze stress distribution patterns in Re-Implant implants made of commercially pure titanium (cpTi) and yttrium-partially stabilized zirconia (YPSZ).
- A randomized, observer-blinded, comparison of combined 1064-nm Q-switched neodymium-doped yttrium-aluminium-garnet laser plus 30% glycolic acid peel vs. laser monotherapy to treat melasmaK Y Park
Department of Dermatology, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Clin Exp Dermatol 36:864-70. 2011..Melasma is a common pigmentary disorder that poses therapeutic challenges. Mixed-type melasma usually does not respond to conventional monotherapy...
- Self-assembly of Yttrium-containing lacunary polyoxotungstate macroanions in solution with controllable supramolecular structure size by pH or solvent contentPadmaja P Mishra
Department of Chemistry, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
Langmuir 24:9308-13. 2008The self-assembly and the formation of "Blackberry" type supramolecular structures for a type of Yttrium-containing polyoxometalate (K 15Na 6(H 3O) 9[(PY 2W 10O 38) 4(W 3O 14)]...
- Influence of size of neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet laser posterior capsulotomy on visual functionK Hayashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Hayashi Eye Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Eye (Lond) 24:101-6. 2010The aim of this study was to examine the influence that the size of a neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet (Nd:YAG) laser capsulotomy performed for posterior capsule opacification (PCO) has on visual acuity (VA), and on contrast VA and ..
- NMR studies reveal structural differences between the gallium and yttrium complexes of DOTA-D-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotideMandar V Deshmukh
Department Chemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, 85747 Garching, Germany
J Med Chem 48:1506-14. 2005..From various NMR measurements, they could be identified as cis-trans isomers at the amide bond between DOTA chelator and first residue (d-Phe(1)H(N)) of the peptide...
- Use of laser energy during endodontic surgical proceduresRobert A Convissar
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:509; author reply 509-10. 2004
- Application of DIAGNOdent as a guide for removing carious dentin with Er:YAG laserKazuaki Yonemoto
Department of Endodontics and Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry at Tokyo, Nippon Dental University, and Division of General Dentistry, Nippon Dental University Dental Hospital, Tokyo, 102 8159 Japan
J Dent 34:269-76. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate the DIAGNOdent values applicable as a guide for removal of outer layer of carious dentin with Er:YAG laser...
- Mechanical and fracture behavior of veneer-framework composites for all-ceramic dental bridgesAndré R Studart
Department of Materials, Nonmetallic Inorganic Materials, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, ETH Honggerberg, HCI G 539, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Dent Mater 23:115-23. 2007....
- In vitro study of the variable square pulse Er:YAG laser cutting efficacy for apicectomyJosko Grgurevic
Department of Oral Surgery, School of Dental Medicine, Gunduliceva 5, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Lasers Surg Med 36:347-50. 2005..The objectives were: (1) comparison of VSP laser and mechanical handpiece efficacy for apicectomy and (2) determination of optimal pulse width/energy/frequency combination...
- Er:YAG laser treatments on dentine surface: micro-Raman spectroscopy and SEM analysisC Camerlingo
Istituto di Cibernetica E Caianiello, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Campi Flegrei 34, 80078 Pozzuoli, Italy
J Dent 32:399-405. 2004..For this purpose the effect of Er:YAG (Erbium-Yttrium Aluminium Garnet) laser treatments on human dentine surface has been investigated.
- Tensile bond strength of a flowable composite resin to ER:YAG-laser-treated dentinJuliana Donadio-Moura
School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 900, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 36:351-5. 2005..This in vitro study evaluated the influence of a flowable composite resin (FCR) on the tensile bond strength of resin to dentin treated with the Er:YAG Laser (L) and diamond bur (DB)...
- Angiokeratoma Fordyce of the glans penis: combined treatment with erbium: YAG and 532 nm KTP (frequency doubled neodynium: YAG) laserFalk Georges Bechara
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Dermatol 31:943-5. 2004..Combined treatment with Erbium: YAG and 532 nm KTP (frequency doubled Neodynium: YAG) laser led to excellent cosmetic results...
- Q-switched versus free-running Er:YAG laser efficacy on the root canal walls of human teeth: a SEM studyMarouan G Khabbaz
Department of Endodontics, Dental School, University of Athens, Greece
J Endod 30:585-8. 2004..Consequently, suitable parameters of the free-running Er:YAG laser must be found before its careful use as an adjunct in endodontic therapy...
- Comparison of erbium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet and holmium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet lasers for incision of urethra and bladder neck in an in vivo porcine modelIoannis M Varkarakis
Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Urology 65:191-5. 2005To evaluate, in an animal model, differences in wound healing and scar formation in healthy urethra and bladder neck incised with the erbium (Er):yttrium-aluminum-garnet (YAG) and holmium (Ho):YAG lasers.
- Proper use of Er:YAG lasers and contact sapphire tips when cutting teeth and bone: scientific principles and clinical applicationEric Bornstein
NOMIR Medical Technologies
Dent Today 23:84, 86-9; quiz 89. 2004
- The effect on coronal leakage of liquid adhesive application over root fillings after smear layer removal with EDTA or Er:YAG laserFabricio Dias de Souza
University of São Paulo Faculty of Dentistry, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99:125-8. 2005..To evaluate coronal microleakage in filled root canals that received different biomechanical preparations and application of liquid adhesives over the root filling and the pulp chamber walls...
- The sealing ability of an epoxy resin root canal sealer after Nd:YAG laser irradiation of the root canalF J H W Depraet
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontology, Dental School, Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Int Endod J 38:302-9. 2005..To evaluate ex vivo the effect of Nd:YAG laser irradiation with and without black ink on instrumented root canal walls, and the degree of both coronal and apical microleakage of filled root canals...
- Influence of fluorescence-controlled Er:YAG laser radiation, the Vector system and hand instruments on periodontally diseased root surfaces in vivoF Schwarz
Department of Oral Surgery, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 33:200-8. 2006..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of fluorescence-controlled Er:YAG laser radiation, an ultrasonic device or hand instruments on periodontally diseased root surfaces in vivo...
- Cyclic fatigue in water of veneer-framework composites for all-ceramic dental bridgesAndré R Studart
Department of Materials, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Dent Mater 23:177-85. 2007....
- Bond strengths of all-ceramics: acid vs laser etchingB Gokce
Ege University School of Dentistry, Department of Prosthodontics, Izmir, Turkey
Oper Dent 32:173-8. 2007..05). The 300 mJ laser group exhibited the highest shear-bond strength values, indicating that laser etching could also be used for surface treatments...
- Influence of Er:YAG laser on tensile bond strength of a self-etching system and a flowable resin in different dentin depthsAline Evangelista de Souza
J Dent 32:269-75. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the tensile resistance of a flowable resin in different dentin depths, after superficial treatment with Er:YAG laser...
- Shear bond strength of different adhesives to Er:YAG laser-prepared dentinEsra Uzer Celik
Ege University School of Dentistry, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics, Izmir, Turkey
J Adhes Dent 8:319-25. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine the influence of Er:YAG laser on the shear bond strength of three different adhesives to lased dentin...
- Laser-induced compositional changes on enamel: a FT-Raman studyYuanyuan Liu
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119074, Republic of Singapore
J Dent 35:226-30. 2007..Preventive effects of lasers on enamel caries have been documented in the past few decades. However, its specific mechanism remains uncertain...
- Influence of Nd:YAG laser irradiation on an adhesive restorative procedureMargarete Franke
Graduation Program in Materials Science and Engineering PGMAT, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Oper Dent 31:604-9. 2006....
- Comparison of marginal microleakage of flowable composite restorations in primary molars prepared by high-speed carbide bur, Er:YAG laser, and air abrasionMaria Cristina Borsatto
Department of Pediatric Clinics, Social and Preventive Dentistry, Ribeirao Preto School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Dent Child (Chic) 73:122-6. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess in vitro the influence of 3 cavity preparation devices (carbide bur, Er:YAG laser, and air abrasion) on the microleakage of flowable composite restorations in primary teeth...
- Effect of Er:YAG laser irradiation distance on superficial dentin morphologyAline Evangelista de Souza-Gabriel
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo USP, Ribeirao Preto School of Dentistry, Av do Cafe, S N, Monte Alegre, CEP 14040 904 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Am J Dent 19:217-21. 2006..To assess in vitro the effect of Er:YAG laser irradiation distance on dentin surface morphology, by SEM...
- Resin bonding to dentin irradiated by high repetition rate Er:YAG laserKoya Aizawa
Department of Operative Dentistry, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Photomed Laser Surg 24:397-401. 2006..This study evaluated the influence of laser irradiation with a high pulse repetition rate on dentin bonding...
- Side-firing germanium oxide optical fibers for use with erbium:YAG laserAnthony K Ngo
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Endourol 20:475-8. 2006..This paper describes the simple construction and characterization of a side-firing germanium oxide fiber for potential use with the Er:YAG laser in endourology...
- Bactericidal effect of Nd:YAG laser irradiation on some endodontic pathogens ex vivoL Bergmans
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Leuven BIOMAT Research Cluster, Leuven, Belgium
Int Endod J 39:547-57. 2006To define the role of neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet (Nd:YAG) lasers in root canal disinfection along with a minimally invasive treatment concept.
- Micro-shear bond strength of Er:YAG-laser-treated dentinRubens C R de Carvalho
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry of São Paulo, University of Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 900, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 23:117-24. 2008..74), G5 (41.90 +/- 4.95), G6 (27.48 +/- 2.11), G7 (34.61 +/- 2.91), G8 (37.16 +/- 1.96), and G9 (41.74 +/- 1.60). It was concluded that the Er:YAG laser can constitute an alternative tool for dentin treatment before bonding procedures...
- Er:YAG laser cavity preparation and composite resin bonding with a single-component adhesive system: relationship between shear bond strength and microleakageMarie France Bertrand
Laboratory of Surfaces and Interfaces in Odontology, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Lasers Surg Med 38:615-23. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess the performances of a single-component adhesive system when an Er:YAG laser was used to prepare cavities...
- Laser resource and reference guideRobert H Gregg
Dent Today 25:90, 92. 2006
- Clinical and histological healing pattern of peri-implantitis lesions following non-surgical treatment with an Er:YAG laserFrank Schwarz
Department of Oral Surgery, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Lasers Surg Med 38:663-71. 2006..The aim of the present study was to assess clinical and histo-pathological healing pattern of peri-implantitis lesions following non-surgical treatment with an Er:YAG laser (ERL)...
- Short-term clinical and microbiologic effects of pocket debridement with an Er:YAG laser during periodontal maintenanceCristiano Tomasi
Department of Periodontology, Institute of Odontology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Periodontol 77:111-8. 2006The erbium-doped:yttrium, aluminum, and garnet (Er:YAG) laser is considered a useful tool for subgingival debridement because the laser treatment creates minimal damage to the root surface and has potential antimicrobial effects...
- Er:YAG laser scaling of diseased root surfaces: a histologic studyRoberto Crespi
Department of Biophysical, Medical, and Odontostomatological Sciences and Technologies, Medical School, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
J Periodontol 77:218-22. 2006The aim of the present study was to observe the effects of an erbium-doped:yttrium, aluminum, and garnet (Er:YAG) laser when used to treat periodontally involved root surfaces.
- A study of cavity preparation by Er:YAG laser. Effects on the marginal leakage of composite resin restorationYoshimi Shigetani
Division of Cariology, Department of Oral Health Science, Course for Oral Life Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 5274 Gakkocho dori 2 bancho Niigata 951 8514, Japan
Dent Mater J 21:238-49. 2002..In this study, the usefulness of cavity preparation by Er:YAG laser irradiation in composite resin restoration was suggested...
- Output energy changes of quartz contact probe for Er:YAG laser with tooth ablationKoichiro Yamazaki
Department of Endodontics and Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry at Tokyo, Nippon Dental University, 2 3 16 Fujimi, Chiyoda ku Tokyo, 102 8158 Japan
Dent Mater J 22:292-300. 2003..4% of baseline. It is suggested that the output energy of the contact probe decreased with tooth ablation, and polishing of the contact surface was effective to regain the energy...
- Compositional analysis of root cementum and dentin after Er:YAG laser irradiation compared with CO2 lased and intact roots using Fourier transformed infrared spectroscopyK M Sasaki
Department of Hard Tissue Engineering, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Periodontal Res 37:50-9. 2002....
- Pulpal temperature increases with Er:YAG laser and high-speed handpiecesBruno Neves Cavalcanti
School of Dentistry, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 90:447-51. 2003..During tooth preparation, both high-speed handpieces and lasers generate heat, which, if not controlled, can cause pulpal necrosis...
- Periodontal treatment with an Er:YAG laser or scaling and root planing. A 2-year follow-up split-mouth studyFrank Schwarz
Department of Oral Surgery, Heinrich Helne University, Westdeutsche Kieferklinik, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Periodontol 74:590-6. 2003..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to present the 2-year results following non-surgical periodontal treatment with an Er:YAG laser or scaling and root planing...
- Bonding to Er-YAG-laser-treated dentinL Ceballo
Department of Dental Materials, University of Granada, Spain
J Dent Res 81:119-22. 2002..The Er-YAG laser created a laser-modified layer that adversely affects adhesion to dentin, so it does not constitute an alternative bonding strategy to conventional acid etching...
- Effect of Er:YAG laser and EDTAC on the adhesiveness to dentine of different sealers containing calcium hydroxideF Picoli
Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, and Camilo Castelo Branco University and Associação Paulista dos Cirurgiões Dentistas, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int Endod J 36:472-5. 2003..To evaluate the effect of 15% EDTAC solution and Er:YAG laser irradiation on the adhesiveness to dentine of root canal sealers containing calcium hydroxide...
- Joint strength of laser-welded titaniumJ Liu
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Nagasaki University, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
Dent Mater 18:143-8. 2002..The objective of this study was to examine the joint strength of titanium laser-welding using several levels of laser output energy [current (A)]...
- Bond strengths of orthodontic bracket after acid-etched, Er:YAG laser-irradiated and combined treatment on enamel surfaceBor Shiunn Lee
Graduate Institute of Clinical Dentistry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan ROC
Angle Orthod 73:565-70. 2003..Er:YAG laser ablation consumed less time compared with the acid-etching technique. Therefore, Er:YAG laser ablation can be an alternative tool to conventional acid etching...
- Effect of ER:YAG and diode laser irradiation on the root surface: morphological and thermal analysisLetícia H Theodoro
Department of Periodontology, Araraquara Dental School, State University of Sao Paulo, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
J Periodontol 74:838-43. 2003..The aim of the present study was to compare the effects of Er:YAG and diode laser treatments of the root surface on intrapulpal temperature after scaling and root planing with hand instruments...
- Removal of gutta-percha from root canals using an Nd:YAG laserD Viducic
Department of Microbiology, School of Dental Medicine, Tokushima University, Japan
Int Endod J 36:670-3. 2003..To examine the use of an Nd:YAG laser in removing gutta-percha fillings from root canals when used in conjunction with eucalyptol, dimethylformamide (DMF) or no solvent...
- Microtomographic analysis of subsurface enamel and dentine following Er:YAG laser and acid etchingE B Groth
Department of Adult Oral Health (Conservative Dentistry, Barts and London, Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry, Turner Street, London E1 2AD, UK
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 9:73-9. 2001..Analysis of the laser-only etched enamel subsurface revealed a small reduction in mineral concentration suggesting an increase in porosity, allowing greater penetration of acid and resulting in an increased acid-etch depth...
- Microleakage of composite restorations after acid or Er-YAG laser cavity treatmentsL Ceballos
Department of Dental Materials, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Dent Mater 17:340-6. 2001..No differences were found for microleakage on gingival wall, although lased dentin surfaces presented several characteristics that appear to be advantageous for bonding...
- ER-YAG laser pretreatment effect on in vitro secondary caries formation around composite restorationsL Ceballos
Departamento de Materiales Dentales, Escuela de Odontologia, Universidad de Granada, Spain
Am J Dent 14:46-9. 2001..05). Wall lesion frequency was similar (P>0.05) between treatment groups...
- A study of cavity preparation by Er:YAG laser--observation of hard tooth structures by laser scanning microscope and examination of the time necessary to remove cariesYoshimi Shigetani
Division of Cariology, Department of Oral Health Science, Course for Oral Life Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 5274 Gakkocho dori, 2 bancho, Niigata 951 8514, Japan
Dent Mater J 21:20-31. 2002..The time taken to remove carious enamel by laser irradiation was slightly longer than the compared rotary cutting device; however, no differences between the two methods were observed in case of carious dentin removal...
- Temperature changes at the implant-bone interface during simulated surface decontamination with an Er:YAG laserMatthias Kreisler
Department of Oral Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 15:582-7. 2002..This study investigated temperature changes at the implant-bone interface during simulated implant surface decontamination with an Er:YAG laser...
- Er:YAG laser scaling of diseased root surfacesM Frentzen
University Dental Clinic Bonn, Germany
J Periodontol 73:524-30. 2002..In this histological study, the effects of laser instrumentation of diseased root surfaces are compared to mechanical removal of plaque and calculus with ultrasonic instruments and scalers...
- The safety and effectiveness of dental Er:YAG lasers. A literature review with specific reference to boneEric S Bornstein
Dent Today 22:129-33. 2003
- Evaluation of the antimicrobial effect of Er:YAG laser irradiation versus 1% sodium hypochlorite irrigation for root canal disinfectionFernanda M Perin
Faculty of Dentistry, Universidade de Ribeirao Preto, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Aust Endod J 30:20-2. 2004..The NaOCl solutions and the Er:YAG laser irradiation to working length were effective against all five micro-organisms; however, 70% of the specimens irradiated 3 mm short of the apex remained infected...
- Effects of Er:YAG and Nd:YAP laser irradiation on the surface roughness and free surface energy of enamel and dentin: an in vitro studyValerie Armengol
Centre de Recherche sur les Matériaux d Intérêt Biologique, Département d odontologie conservatrice endodontie, France
Oper Dent 28:67-74. 2003..Morphological changes on enamel and dentin were greater with acid-etch and Er:YAG laser than with Nd:YAP laser. Free surface energy was significantly greater with acid-etch or Er:YAG laser than with Nd:YAP laser (p < 0.001)...
- Short-term histomorphological effects of Er:YAG laser irradiation to rat coronal dentin-pulp complexHiroshi Inoue
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontology, Fukuoka Dental College, Fukuoka, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 97:246-50. 2004..The objective of the study was to examine the morphological changes of neural elements in dentin-pulp complex ultrastructurally after Er:YAG laser irradiation and elucidate the mechanism of pain reduction in cavity ablation...
- Effects of Er:YAG laser on periodontal therapyIsao Ishikawa
Section of Periodontology, Department of Hard Tissue Engineering, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Int Acad Periodontol 5:23-8. 2003..This review includes studies regarding the use of Er:YAG laser on hard tissue procedures, such as calculus removal and osseous surgery as well as soft tissue management, like gingivectomy, gingival curettage and melanin removal...
- Clinical evaluation of an Er:YAG laser combined with scaling and root planing for non-surgical periodontal treatment. A controlled, prospective clinical studyFrank Schwarz
Department of Oral Surgery, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 30:26-34. 2003....
- Gingival depigmentation by erbium:YAG laser: clinical observations and patient responsesHaim Tal
Department of Periodontology, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Periodontol 74:1660-7. 2003..Gingival depigmentation has been carried out using non-surgical and surgical procedures. Recently, laser ablation has been recognized as a most effective, pleasant and reliable technique...
- [Morphologic evaluation of the bonding between adhesive/composite resin and dentin irradiated with Er:YAG and Nd:YAG lasers: comparative study using scanning microscopy]M Oda
, Faculdade de Odontologia, USP
Pesqui Odontol Bras 15:283-9. 2001..With the Nd:YAG laser treatment, there was only visual superposition of resin over the dentin surface, which suggests that there was only occlusion of the tubules, with characteristics of fusion in the superficial dentine...
- Root surface roughness following Er:YAG laser irradiation at different radiation energies and working tip angulationsMatthias Folwaczny
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 29:598-603. 2002..The determination of roughness of root surfaces following treatment with 2.94 micro m Er:YAG laser radiation at different radiation energies and working tip angulations...
- Experience with indium-111 and yttrium-90-labeled somatostatin analogsI Virgolini
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Vienna, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Curr Pharm Des 8:1781-807. 2002..However, an optimal radiopeptide formulation does not yet exist for receptor-targeted radionuclide therapy. Ongoing developments may result in peptides more suitable for this kind of receptor-targeted radionuclide therapy...
- Are radiometal-labeled antibodies better than iodine-131-labeled antibodies: comparative pharmacokinetics and dosimetry of copper-67-, iodine-131-, and yttrium-90-labeled Lym-1 antibody in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphomaG L Denardo
Division of Hematology Oncology, Molecular Cancer Institute, Sacramento, CA 95816, USA
Clin Lymphoma 1:118-26. 2000..Antilymphoma monoclonal antibody Lym-1, labeled with copper-67 ((67)Cu), iodine-131 ((131)I), or yttrium-90 ((90)Y), has been effective salvage therapy for patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Early bond strength of two resin cements to Y-TZP ceramic using MPS or MPS/4-META silanesMutlu Ozcan
Dental Materials Unit, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Materials Science, University of Zurich, Plattenstrasse 11, CH 8032, Zurich, Switzerland
Odontology 99:62-7. 2011For cementation of yttrium-stabilized tetragonal zirconium polycrystal (Y-TZP) ceramic frameworks, protocols of surface-conditioning methods and available cements vary, resulting in confusion among clinicians regarding selection and ..
- The antimicrobial efficacy of the erbium, chromium:yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet laser with radial emitting tips on root canal dentin walls infected with Enterococcus faecalisWanda Gordon
Department of Endodontology, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 138:992-1002. 2007The authors used an in vitro model to investigate the ability of an erbium, chromium:yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet (Er,Cr:YSGG) laser with radial emitting tips to disinfect Enterococcus faecalis-infected dentin.
- Surface modification of chromatography adsorbents by low temperature low pressure plasmaA Arpanaei
Center for Microbial Biotechnology, Building 223, Institute for Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
J Chromatogr A 1217:6905-16. 2010..The atomic percent changes in carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, yttrium and zirconium observed after being exposed to air plasma etching were entirely consistent with: the removal of ..
- [Can hand radiation absorbed dose from radiosynomicronvectomy be high?]Pavlos Markou
Health Care Unit Management, 9 Melenikou Str, 582 00 Edessa, Macedonia, Greece
Hell J Nucl Med 9:191-4. 2006..Pronounced dosimetric and radiation protection data for radionuclides used for RS, like yttrium-90, erbium-169, rhenium-186, dysprosium-165 and holmium-166, indicate the risk and the rationale for minimizing ..
- Effects of Er,Cr:YSGG laser irradiation on the root surface: morphologic analysis and efficiency of calculus removalChun Chan Ting
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Aichi Gakuin University, Nagoya, Japan
J Periodontol 78:2156-64. 2007This in vitro study was performed to determine the appropriate power output setting for an erbium, chromium-doped:yttrium, scandium, gallium, and garnet (Er,Cr:YSGG) laser used in periodontal pocket irradiation by examining the ..
- Influence of an erbium, chromium-doped yttrium, scandium, gallium, and garnet (Er,Cr:YSGG) laser on the reestablishment of the biocompatibility of contaminated titanium implant surfacesFrank Schwarz
Department of Oral Surgery, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Periodontol 77:1820-7. 2006The aim of the present study was to evaluate the influence of an erbium, chromium-doped yttrium, scandium, gallium, and garnet (Er,Cr:YSGG laser [ERCL]) on 1) the surface structure and biocompatibility of titanium implants and 2) the ..
- Vapor emissions resulting from Nd:YAG laser interaction with tooth structureS C Gelskey
Department of Dental Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Dent Mater 14:453-7. 1998The Neodymium:yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) dental laser has been cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for marketing in intraoral soft tissue treatment...
- Comparison of bacterial reduction in straight and curved canals using erbium, chromium:yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet laser treatment versus a traditional irrigation technique with sodium hypochloriteNathan Dewsnup
Department of Endodontics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0436, USA
J Endod 36:725-8. 2010This study compared the reduction of Enterococcus faecalis in straight and curved canals using an erbium, chromium:yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet laser and irrigation with 6.15% sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl).
- The effect of erbium, chromium:yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet laser etching on marginal integrity of a resin-based fissure sealant in primary teethElif Sungurtekin
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, 8 Cad 82 Sok, Emek, 06510, Ankara, Turkey
Lasers Med Sci 25:841-7. 2010The aim of this in vitro study was to evaluate the effect of erbium, chromium:yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet (Er,Cr:YSGG) laser pretreatment alone, or associated with acid etching, on the quality of marginal integrity (microleakage and ..
- Production of Y-90 Microspheres for Radiation TherapyYONGREN PENG; Fiscal Year: 2002..feasibility of continuous and economical microfabrication of timed-bioresorbable glass microspheres containing yttrium-90 (Y-90) at therapeutic concentrations has been successfully demonstrated using Y-89 surrogate in the Phase I ..
- TWO COMPARTMENT MODELS TO IMPROVE BRAIN TUMOR THERAPYEdward A Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2012..of rituximab with chemotherapy after BBBD in newly diagnosed and recurrent PCNSL, and radioimmunotherapy with yttrium-90 labeled anti- CD20 mAb ibritumomab tiuxetan (Zevalin")...
- Imaging for Y90 Microscphere SIRT PlanningAnthony J McGoron; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Yttrium-90 (Y-90) microsphere radioembolization, known as Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT), via hepatic arterial administration is a treatment for patients with primary and metastatic ..
- Comprehensive Electronic Support System for Treatment of Cancer-Related SymptomsJennifer L Steel; Fiscal Year: 2010..The treatment for HCC, chemoembolization or Yttrium-90, is infrequent, (every 8 weeks) and brief (24 hour hospitalization)...
- A New Theranostic System for PET Image Guided Radiotherapy of CancerJohannes Czernin; Fiscal Year: 2013..the hypothesis that MSCs expressing a cell surface antigen (DAbR1) can home to tumors using PET imaging with 86 Yttrium- (S)-2-(4-acrylamidobenzyl)-DOTA (86Y-AABD)...
- MRI for In Vivo Quantification of Yttrium-90 Microsphere BiodistributionOyinlolu Adeyanju; Fiscal Year: 2012..Therefore, we are proposing an imaging method to improve the tracking of the bead biodistribution for improved dosimetry and clinical outcomes. ..
- MRI of Iron-labeled Microsphere Biodistribution for Radioembolization DosimetryANDREW CHRISTIAN LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Yttrium-90 (90Y) radioembolization is a powerful new treatment option for patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and metastases to the liver...
- Hyperpolarized 89Y complexes as potential in vivo imaging agentsZoltan Kovacs; Fiscal Year: 2010..1/2 NMR active nuclei 89Y(III) has the longest T1 relaxation time (up to 600 seconds) rendering hyperpolarized yttrium-89 attractive as a potential in vivo imaging and spectroscopy probe...
- Time-of-flight PET for Improved whole-body imagingJoel S Karp; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have developed PET detectors, both lanthanum bromide (LaBr3) and lutetium (yttrium) oxyorthosilicate (LYSO), which have excellent timing performance for TOF as well as sensitivity, energy ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF RADIATION SYNOVECTOMY IN ARTHRITISClement Sledge; Fiscal Year: 1992..Potential isotopes include rhenium 188 and yttrium-90; carriers include FHMA, sulfur colloids and lipophilic complexes...
- LuAG:Ce,Zr Scintillators for PETKEITH ROZENBURG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Learning from the development of transparent yttrium aluminum garnet (YAG) for lasers and TA&T's own developments of transparent magnesium aluminate among ..
- NMR STUDY OF METAL-ION COMPLEXATIONANTHONY FRATIELLO; Fiscal Year: 1990..The metal-ions to be used are trivalent lanthanum, lutetium, and yttrium, all strong complexing agents varying in size, and electronic and magnetic properties...
- EPITAXIAL FILM SCINTILLATORS FOR DIGITAL RADIOGRAPHYALEXANDER LEMPICKI; Fiscal Year: 1999..The technology for depositing high-quality layers of similar materials (notably Nd-doped yttrium aluminum garnet) has already been developed for laser and other demanding optical applications...
- Radioimmunotherapy for LymphomaThomas Witzig; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Yttrium-90 is a radioisotope that can be linked to the anti-CD2O antibody to target radiation to the malignant B-cells...
- Multibeam Healing for Laser Micromachining in ManufacturingBIPIN SINGH; Fiscal Year: 2012..particularly scintillators such as lutetium oxyorthosilicate (LSO), gadolinium oxyorthosilciate (GSO), lutetium-yttrium oxyorthosilicate (LYSO), etc. used in high-resolution diagnostic imaging and nuclear medicine...
- Nanophase Ceramics as Bone Implant CoatingsNADER KALKHORAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..in the present study as a more effective orthopedic implant coating is: nanophase hydroxyapatite doped with yttrium. Nanophase ceramics are intriguing new material formulations since they possess grain sizes less than 100 nm in ..
- TIMED BIORESORBABLE Y 90 MICROSPHERES FOR RADIOTHERAPYYONGREN PENG; Fiscal Year: 2000..Microspheres of several calcium phosphate glasses prepared in Phase I have been shown to retain 99.0 to 99.9% of yttrium in vitro. They are non-toxic and bioresorbable...
- PRODUCTION OF Y90 MICROSPHERES FOR RADIATION THERAPYYONGREN PENG; Fiscal Year: 1999Low-cost production of monodispersed timed-bioresorbable microspheres containing yttrium-90 (Y-90) will have a positive impact on radiation therapy in the United States and world wide...
- LOW COST, HIGH PERFORMANCE HTS MAGNETS FOR NMRMichael Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2000..superconductors are brittle ceramic materials (BSCCO is bismuth, strontium, calcium, copper oxide and YBCO is yttrium, barium, copper oxide). In metal processing, a malleable wire is wound into a coil magnet...
- Synthesis via Metal-Catalyzed and Cationic CyclizationsTHOMAS STUART LIVINGHOUSE; Fiscal Year: 2010..and his coworkers have shown that a variety of non-metallocene complexes of the group 3 metals (particularly yttrium, scandium, lanthanum, lutetium and neodymium) are versatile and highly selective catalysts for the intramolecular ..
- INTRAPERITONEAL IMMUNOTOXINSThomas Griffin; Fiscal Year: 1990..Augmentation of IT anti-tumor effect by combination with radioimmunotherapy (90 Yttrium antibody or 90 Yttrium-IT) will also be examined. A limited clinical trial of i.p...
- RADIOLABELED MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES FOR CANCER THERAPYLEE WASHBURN; Fiscal Year: 1990Monoclonal antibodies and monoclonal antibody fragments will be labeled with the beta-emitting radionuclide, yttrium-90 (90Y, T 1/2 = 64.- hr), and studied preclinically to assess their potential as agents for radioimmuntherapy of cancer...
- Selective Decorporation Agents for NIAIDBenjamin P Warner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Sr-90 and its daughter yttrium-90 are beta emitters that deposit their energy in the body...
- A NEW METHOD OF RADIOLABELING ANTIBODY FOR TUMOR IMAGINGDonald Hnatowich; Fiscal Year: 1990..We will continue to improve upon the labeling of antibodies with yttrium-90 towards the eventual goal of preparing a product suitable for use in patients for therapy...
- Efficient Ultraviolet Laser for Raman SpectroscopyDAVID GERSTENBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The 236nm ultraviolet light will be generated by frequency-quadrupling the 946nm output of a neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser...
- Bremsstrahlung Enhanced Vascular Brachytherapy SourceStephen Bunker; Fiscal Year: 2001..purpose, however, produce emissions either too penetrating (iridium- 192) or not penetrating enough (strontium-90/yttrium-90 and phosphorus-32) to qualify as ideal...
- Radioimmunotherapy for Prostate CancerMichael Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..Preliminary studies to define the properties of unlabeled and yttrium-90 labeled anti-PSMA antibodies, such as huJ591, are now being completed...
- Radio-Immunotherapy (RIT) Planning Using SPECTLAWRENCE ZENG; Fiscal Year: 2004..In RIT therapy, the radioactive metal is switched to Yttrium-90, which delivers local radiation to the tumor...
- RAIT OF LUNG CANCER WITH RESIDUALIZING LABELSRhona Stein; Fiscal Year: 2000..Our previous studies have shown a marked advantage in the animal model in the use of residualizing labels (yttrium and iodo-DLT) for targeting and therapy of non-small cell carcinoma of the lung...
- LASER ENDODONTIC THERAPYMICHAEL LESIECKI; Fiscal Year: 1990..The research plan is designed to characterize the effects of pulsed dye and holmium yttrium aluminum garnet (Ho1:YAG) laser energy on dental tissue...
- HIGH-DOSE RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR BREAST CANCERPablo Cagnoni; Fiscal Year: 1999..of high-dose radloimmunotherapy using the anti-breast cancer monoclonal antibody humanized-BrE-3 labeled with 90-Yttrium followed by AHPCS in patients with metastatic breast cancer that are refractory to conventional chemotherapy...
- TWO COMPARTMENT MODELS TO IMPROVE BRAIN TUMOR THERAPYEdward Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2007..We also propose a Phase I study of yttrium-90 labeled anti-CD20 mAb delivered with BBBD to be used after cytoreduction with chemotherapy and rituximab...
- MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES IN CANCER DETECTION AND TREATMENTIvor Royston; Fiscal Year: 1991..will be lymphoma, colorectal carcinoma, and lung cancer, with an emphasis on the application of 111Indium and 90 Yttrium-labeled moAbs. In lymphoma, use of antiidiotype MoAbs for passive and active immunotherapy will be emphasized...
- ESR SPECTROMETERKENNETH SHEA; Fiscal Year: 1991..chemically and genetically modified biological iron-sulfur clusters, structure/function studies on steroid hydroxylase components and paramagnetic yttrium and lanthanide metal complexes and low-valent organosamarium(II) complexes.
- Novel Cationic 99mTc Complexes for Heart ImagingShuang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Successful development of new 99mTc perfusion imaging agents will have a profound impact on diagnostic evaluation, risk stratification, and therapeutic decision-making in patients with CAD. ..
- BLys inhibition using TACI-Fc in patients with B-bell non-Hodgkins' LymphomaStephen Ansell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- High Toughness Textured Ceramics for Biomedical UseIsabelle Denry; Fiscal Year: 2007..Potential applications include dental restorations, dental implant superstructures, and bone replacement implants. ..
- Thick scintillation detector with continuous positioning & DOI capability for PETSuleman Surti; Fiscal Year: 2008..Hence, thick continuous detectors have the potential to significantly impact the clinical imaging situation and the resultant patient treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Ternary Ligand 99m Tc-Nitrido Complexes as Heart Imaging AgentsShuang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NIR-Emissive Polymersomal Markers for Molecula-Level Detection of MetastasisMichael Therien; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Transcatheter Intra-arterial Perfusion MRI Monitoring of Liver Tumor EmbolizationANDREW CHRISTIAN LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Task 2: To test the hypothesis that DSA flow estimates are poorly reflective of tumor perfusion reduction by comparison to quantitative intra-procedural TRIP-MRI perfusion measurements. ..
- A Novel Family of Neuroprotective Compounds for StrokeDAVID R SCHUBERT; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- BROADBAND EPR SPECTROMETER WITH DIGITAL SUBSAMPLINGJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is the only method that can detect the formation of free radicals in biology unambiguously. It contributes to health-related research at the basic fundamental level. ..
- Regulation of APP Degradation and ABeta SecretionDavid Schubert; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, understanding how cells regulate the degradation of proteins is critical to the study of a wide range of diseases, particularly those in the nervous system that are characterized by the intracellular protein accumulation. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of CD20+ Lymphomas & CD45+LeukemiasJOHN PAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- EPR Sample-cell-Resonator Design and ConstructionJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2008..Work proposed here will improve the quality of data obtained in these experiments. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GRSA Proteins in the Diagnosis of Breast CancerWILLIAM NORTH; Fiscal Year: 2002..These methods could be applicable to all patients with breast cancer or suspected breast cancer. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF BIOMEDICAL ESR INSTRUMENTATIONJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigator asserts that only on such a foundation can a rational approach to improved human health be based. ..
- BROADBAND EPR SPECTROMETER WITH DIGITAL SUBSAMPLINGJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is the only method that can detect the formation of free radicals in biology unambiguously. It contributes to health-related research at the basic fundamental level. ..
- PRE-CLINICAL COMBINATION CHEMO- AND RADIOANTIBODY THERAPRhona Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) Therapy-induced changes in marker expression post therapy can be identified clinically in small samples of circulating tumor cells. ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF NERVE, GLIAL AND MUSCLE CELL LINESDavid Schubert; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work is directly relevant to CNS trauma and stroke as well as to all chronic degenerative diseases where oxidative stress is a pathological hallmark. ..
- Novel Monoclonal Antibody Therapies for LymphomaJohn Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is also expected that this work will significantly contribute to the care of patients with these and other B-cell malignancies. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy: An Anti-Neoplastic StrategyAndres Forero; Fiscal Year: 2006..The follow-up trial will be a phase II study to determine the efficacy of 131I-HuCC49ACH2 in resistant/refractory EOC patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Redox Sensitive Proteins in Aging and NeurodegenerationDavid Schubert; Fiscal Year: 2006..These proteins, in turn, will be used as targets for the identification of potentially therapeutic antioxidants that could be useful in preventing age-and disease-associated damage to the CNS. ..
- VP peptides and receptors in diagnosis of breast cancer.WILLIAM NORTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..Another successful end-point would be the finding that these same methods can successfully monitor current treatments, and potentially lead to new and more effective ones. ..
- Development and Testing of a Novel Neuroprotective DrugDavid Schubert; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results from these studies will determine the therapeutic potential of this novel compound. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ion channels of neuronsStephen Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- RETROVIRAL IMMUNOTOXINS FOR LEUKEMIADANIEL VALLERA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally in aim 4, we will determine if retlT can reduce toxicity compared to conventional IT and whether they have effects on components of the host immune system. ..
- Realistic Phantom Series for OLINDA/EXM Version 2Michael Stabin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Radioimmunotherapy of Acute LeukemiaEneida Nemecek; Fiscal Year: 2007..studies have suggested that alternative radioisotopes of higher energy and shorter half-life than 131I such as yttrium-90 (90Y) may improve the relative radiation delivered to target hematopoietic tissues...
- L-Arginine/NO in Liver Transplant Preservation InjuryDavid Geller; Fiscal Year: 2008..We expect these findings to have broad implications far beyond transplant preservation injury that may be applicable to any form of liver injury resulting in hepatocellular arginase release and arginine depletion. ..
- 3T Whole-Body MRI Scanner for Functional ImagingJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will have no clinical fee-for-service usage. The fMRI group at MCW is superbly positioned to provide leadership at a national level in the use of fMRI in medicine. ..