Genomes and Genes
Summary: Ytterbium. An element of the rare earth family of metals. It has the atomic symbol Yb, atomic number 70, and atomic weight 173. Ytterbium has been used in lasers and as a portable x-ray source.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- [Studies on the properties of energy upconversion of the rare earth ErYb and HoYb in the oxyfluoride glass]F C Yuan
Department of Physics, Quanzhou Teacher's College, Quanzhou 362000, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 21:755-7. 2001..As can be seen, energy upconversion properties were determined mainly by the absorbtion spectra of Er2O3, Yb2O3. Energy upconversion efficiency were determined by excitative photons...
- Polymer-coated NaYF₄:Yb³⁺, Er³⁺ upconversion nanoparticles for charge-dependent cellular imagingJiefu Jin
Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
ACS Nano 5:7838-47. 2011..Furthermore, this study provides important guidance for the development of UCNPs as specific intracellular nanoprobes, allowing us to control the UCNP-cell interactions by tuning surface properties...
- Upconversion multicolor fine-tuning: visible to near-infrared emission from lanthanide-doped NaYF4 nanoparticlesFeng Wang
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
J Am Chem Soc 130:5642-3. 2008..The approach allows access to a wide range of luminescence emission from visible to near-infrared by single-wavelength excitation...
- High contrast in vitro and in vivo photoluminescence bioimaging using near infrared to near infrared up-conversion in Tm3+ and Yb3+ doped fluoride nanophosphorsMarcin Nyk
Institute for Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics, Department of Chemistry, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14260 3000, USA
Nano Lett 8:3834-8. 2008..No apparent cytotoxicity was observed. Subsequent animal imaging studies were performed using Balb-c mice injected intravenously with up-converting nanophosphors, demonstrating the high contrast PL imaging in vivo...
- Core-shell NaYF4:Yb3+,Tm3+@FexOy nanocrystals for dual-modality T2-enhanced magnetic resonance and NIR-to-NIR upconversion luminescent imaging of small-animal lymphatic nodeAo Xia
Advanced Materials Laboratory and Department of Chemistry, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Biomaterials 32:7200-8. 2011..Moreover, the toxicity of NaYF(4):Yb(3+),Tm(3+)@Fe(x)O(y) nanocrystals has also been evaluated by MTT assay, IC50 values, and histological analysis of lymphatic node sections...
- Identification of the calcium binding site and a novel ytterbium site in blood coagulation factor XIII by x-ray crystallographyB A Fox
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 274:4917-23. 1999..determined the x-ray crystal structure of recombinant factor XIII A2 in the presence of calcium, strontium, and ytterbium. The main calcium binding site within each monomer involves the main chain oxygen atom of Ala-457, and also the ..
- Ytterbium trifluoride as a radiopaque agent for dental cementsF M Collares
Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int Endod J 43:792-7. 2010..To evaluate the radiopacity, degree of conversion (DC) and flexural strength of an experimental dental cement, with several added radiopaque substances...
- Hydrothermal synthesis of NaLuF4:153Sm,Yb,Tm nanoparticles and their application in dual-modality upconversion luminescence and SPECT bioimagingYang Yang
Department of Chemistry and Institute of Biomedical Science, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai, PR China
Biomaterials 34:774-83. 2013..It also introduces an easy methodology to quantify in vivo biodistribution of nanomaterials which still needs further understanding as a community...
- Periorbital rejuvenation with fractional 1,550-nm ytterbium/erbium fiber laser and variable square pulse 2,940-nm erbium:YAG laser in Asians: a comparison studyPenpun Wattanakrai
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Dermatol Surg 38:610-22. 2012..Ablative and fractional lasers are used for periorbital rejuvenation, with different downtime, side effects, and efficacy...
- Light-harvesting ytterbium(III)-porphyrinate-BODIPY conjugates: synthesis, excitation-energy transfer, and two-photon-induced near-infrared-emission studiesTao Zhang
Institute of Molecular Functional Materials Areas of Excellence Scheme, University Grants, Committee, Hong Kong and Department of Chemistry and Institute of Advanced Materials, Hong Kong Baptist University, Waterloo Road, Hong Kong, PR China
Chemistry 19:739-48. 2013..donor-acceptor framework, several conjugates have been designed and prepared in which an electron-donor moiety, ytterbium(III) porphyrinate (YbPor), was linked through an ethynyl bridge to an electron-acceptor moiety, boron ..
- Highly spectral dependent enhancement of upconversion emission with sputtered gold island filmsHua Zhang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:979-81. 2011....
- A novel ytterbium-169 brachytherapy source and delivery system for use in conjunction with minimally invasive wedge resection of early-stage lung cancerKara Lynne Leonard
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Brachytherapy 10:163-9. 2011....
- An early investigation of ytterbium nanocolloids for selective and quantitative "multicolor" spectral CT imagingDipanjan Pan
C TRAIN and Division of Cardiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 4320 Forest Park Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63108, United States
ACS Nano 6:3364-70. 2012We report a novel molecular imaging agent based on ytterbium designed for use with spectral "multicolor" computed tomography (CT)...
- Generation of 28-fs pulses from a mode-locked ytterbium fiber oscillatorXiangyu Zhou
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 1 1 1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8568, Japan
Opt Express 16:7055-9. 2008An ultrashort-pulse, mode-locked ytterbium-doped fiber laser has been developed. The group-delay dispersion was compensated with a grating pair inside the cavity...
- Ytterbium-doped all glass leakage channel fibers with highly fluorine-doped silica pump claddingLiang Dong
IMRA America Inc, 1044 Woodridge Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Opt Express 17:8962-9. 2009..In this work, we demonstrate, for the first time, ytterbium-doped double clad all glass leakage channel fibers with highly fluorine-doped silica as pump cladding...
- High-phasing-power lanthanide derivatives: taking advantage of ytterbium and lutetium for optimized anomalous diffraction experiments using synchrotron radiationE Girard
Laboratoire de Cristallographie Macromoléculaire, Institut de Biologie Structurale J P Ebel CEA CNRS UJF, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 01, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 59:1877-80. 2003b>Ytterbium and lutetium are well suited for optimized anomalous diffraction experiments using synchrotron radiation...
- Comparison of high-dose rate prostate brachytherapy dose distributions with iridium-192, ytterbium-169, and thulium-170 sourcesDevan Krishnamurthy
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California San Francisco, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94143 1708, USA
Brachytherapy 10:461-5. 2011..identified that among different available radionuclides, the dose characteristics and shielding properties of ytterbium-169 ((169)Yb) and thulium-170 ((170)Tm) may suit high-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy needs...
- Dual-core ytterbium fiber amplifier for high-power 1060 nm swept source multichannel optical coherence tomography imagingMark K Harduar
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada M5B 2K3
Opt Lett 36:2976-8. 2011A novel (to our knowledge) dual-core ytterbium (Yb(3+)) doped fiber, as an optically pumped amplifier, boosts the output power from a 1060 nm swept source laser beyond 250 mW, while providing a wavelength tuning range of 93 nm, for ..
- Highly enantioselective Biginelli reaction using a new chiral ytterbium catalyst: asymmetric synthesis of dihydropyrimidinesYijun Huang
State Key Laboratory of Coordination Chemistry, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
J Am Chem Soc 127:16386-7. 2005The highly enantioselective three-component Biginelli condensation catalyzed by a recyclable chiral ytterbium triflate with a novel hexadentate amine phenol ligand containing a pyridyl group has been developed...
- Broad-beam transmission data for new brachytherapy sources, Tm-170 and Yb-169Domingo Granero
Department of Atomic, Molecular and Nuclear Physics, University of Valencia and IFIC, C Dr Moliner 50, E46100 Burjassot, Spain
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 118:11-5. 2006..In addition, the dose reduction in a simulated patient was studied to determine whether transmission in the patient is a relevant factor in radiation protection calculations...
- Up-conversion luminescence analysis in ytterbium-sensitized erbium-doped oxide-halide tellurite and germanate-niobic-lead glassesHongtao Sun
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201800, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 62:1000-3. 2005b>Ytterbium-sensitized erbium-doped oxide-halide tellurite and germanate-niobic-lead glasses have been synthesized by conventional melting method...
- Structural and up-conversion luminescence properties in Tm3+/Yb3+-codoped heavy metal oxide-halide glassesHongtao Sun
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201800, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 63:149-53. 2006..Our results show that with the substitution of halide ion for oxygen ion, the decrease of phonon density and maximum phonon energy of host glasses both contribute to the enhanced up-conversion emissions...
- Cross-section measurement of the 169 Tm p,n reaction for the production of the therapeutic radionuclide 169 Yb and comparison with its reactor-based generationI Spahn
Institut für Nuklearchemie, Forschungszentrum Jülich Gmb H, D 52425 Julich, Germany
Appl Radiat Isot 63:235-9. 2005..The (169)Yb yield via the reactor route is by several orders of magnitude higher than by the cyclotron method. The latter procedure, however, leads to "no-carrier-added" product...
- Spectral properties of Er3+/Yb3+ codoped tungsten-tellurite glassesXiang Shen
Faculty of Information Science and Engineering, Ningbo University, Zhejiang 315211, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:2189-93. 2005..The suitability of such WT glasses as host materials for 1.5 microm broadband amplification is discussed...
- Investigation of thermal stability and spectroscopic properties in Er3+/Yb3+-codoped TeO2-Li2O-B2O3-GeO2 glassesQiu Hua Nie
College of Information Science and Engineering, Ningbo University, Ningbo 315211, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:1939-43. 2005..5 um of Er3+ is about 70 nm. The obtained data suggest that this system glass can be used as a candidate host material for potential broadband optical amplifiers...
- Study of luminescence properties of novel Er3+ single-doped and Er3+/Yb3+ co-doped tellurite glassesYuan Gao
College of Information Science and Engineering, Ningbo University, Ningbo 315211, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:1259-62. 2005..The results demonstrate that this kind of tellurite glass may be a potentially useful material for developing potential amplifiers and upconversion optical devices...
- Effect of bismuth oxide on the thermal stability and Judd-Ofelt parameters of Er3+/Yb3+ co-doped aluminophosphate glassesYongzheng Fang
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:542-7. 2007..The stimulated emission cross-section of Er3+ was calculated according to the McCumber theory. It was found that the stimulated emission cross-section of Er3+ was monotonically increases with Bi2O3 content increasing...
- Intense blue up-conversion luminescence in Tm3+/Yb3+ codoped oxyfluoride glass-ceramics containing beta-PbF2 nanocrystalsJunjie Zhang
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, The Laboratory for Laser Glass, Shanghai 201800, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 62:831-4. 2005..The reason for the intense Tm3+ up-conversion luminescence in the oxyfluoride glass-ceramics is discussed. The dependence of up-conversion intensities on excitation power and possible up-conversion mechanism are also evaluated...
- Spectroscopic properties of Er(3+)/Yb(3+) co-doped Bi(2)O(3)-B(2)O(3)-GeO(2) glassesXudong Zhang
Faculty of Information Science and Engineering, The State Key Laboratory Base of Novel Functional Materials and Preparation Science, Ningbo University, Zhejiang 315211, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 67:246-50. 2007..The results indicate that the (4)I(13/2) --> (4)I(15/2) emission of Er(3+) can be exhibit a considerable broadening due to a significant enhance the peak A, and D emission...
- Host dependent frequency upconversion of Er3+/Yb3+-codoped bismuth-germanate glassesLongjun Lu
Faculty of Information Science and Engineering, Ningbo University, The State Key Laboratory Base of Novel Functional Materials and Preparation Science, Ningbo 315211, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 67:1228-31. 2007..The influence of Bi(2)O(3) on the upconversion emissions has been investigated based on the IR spectra...
- Near-infrared (NIR) to red and green up-conversion emission from silica sol-gel thin films made with La(0.45)Yb(0.50)Er(0.05)F(3) nanoparticles, hetero-looping-enhanced energy transfer (Hetero-LEET): a new up-conversion processSri Sivakumar
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 129:620-5. 2007....
- Strong visible up-conversion emission in Tb3+, Tm3+ and Tb3+-Tm3+ co-doped tellurite glasses sensitized by Yb3+Xunsi Wang
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, CAS, Shanghai 201800, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 67:1025-9. 2007..To the Tb3+/Tm3+/Yb3+ triply doped glass system, a novel up-conversion mechanism is proposed as follows: the energy of (3)G(4) level (Tm3+) was transferred to (5)D(4) (Tb(3+)) and the 477-nm UC luminescence of Tm3+ was nearly quenched...
- Study of upconversion fluorescence property of novel Er3+/Yb3+ co-doped tellurite glassesTie feng Xu
College of Information Science and Engineering, Ningbo University, Ningbo 315211, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 64:560-3. 2006..The ratio of red emission to green emission increases with an increasing of Yb3+ ions concentration. According to the quadratic dependence on excitation power, the possible upconversion mechanisms and processes were discussed...
- Cooperative energy transfer frequency upconversion in Tb3+/Yb3+-codoped oxyfluoride glassesLi Feng
State Key Laboratory of Optoelectronic Materials and Technologies, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 67:886-9. 2007..The dependence of the upconversion emission intensity upon the excitation power was also examined, and the upconversion mechanisms were discussed...
- Intense upconversion luminescence and effect of local environment for Tm3+/Yb3+ co-doped novel TeO2-BiCl3 glass systemGuonian Wang
Department of Laserglass, Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 800 211, Shanghai 201800, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 64:349-54. 2006....
- Upconversion properties of Er3+, Yb3+ and Tm3+ codoped fluorophosphate glassesMeisong Liao
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:531-5. 2007..This research may provide useful information for the development of high color and spatial resolution devices and white light simulation...
- Upconversion luminescence and mechanisms of Tm(3+)/Yb(3+)-codoped oxyhalide tellurite glassesShiqing Xu
Institute of Optoelectronic Materials and Devices, College of Information Engineering, China Jiliang University, Hangzhou 310018, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 62:690-3. 2005..The effect of Tm(2)O(3) content on upconversion intensity is discussed, and possible effect mechanisms are evaluated. The investigated results were conducing to increase upconversion luminescence efficiency of Tm(3+)...
- Optical transitions of Er3+/Yb3+ codoped TeO2-WO3-Bi2O3 glassXiang Shen
Faculty of Information Science and Engineering, Ningbo University, Zhejiang 315211, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:2827-31. 2005..Efficient green and weak red upconversion luminescence from Er3+ centers in the glass sample was observed at room temperature, and the upconversion excitation processes have been analyzed...
- Thermal stability, Judd-Ofelt theory analysis and spectroscopic properties of a new Er3+/Yb3+-codoped germano-tellurite glassYuan Gao
College of Information Science and Engineering, Ningbo University, Ningbo 315211, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:2822-6. 2005..The results suggest that this Er3+/Yb3+-codoped germano-tellurite glass may be a potentially useful material for developing potential amplifiers and up-conversion optical devices...
- Effects of chloride introduction on up-conversion luminescence in Tm3+ -doped tellurite glassesShiqing Xu
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, PO BOX 800 211, 201800
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 60:3025-8. 2004..The intense blue up-conversion luminescence of Tm3+ -doped lead chloride tellurite glasses may be a potentially useful material for developing up-conversion optical devices...
- Investigation of thermal stability and spectroscopic properties in Er3+/Yb3+ co-doped niobic tungsten tellurite glassesXuming Wang
College of Mathematics, Physics and Information, Zhejiang Ocean University, Zhejiang 316000, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 70:99-103. 2008..14 ms, 88.9%, respectively. The FWHM and sigmaepeak of Er3+ ions in different glass hosts were compared; the obtained data reveals that this new TNW4 glass may be a potentially useful candidate material host for broadband amplifiers...
- [The study of up-conversion fluorescence in Er3+:Yb3+ co-doped oxy-fluoride glasses]Xiao liang Yang
Department of Physics, Xiangtan University, Xiangtan 411105, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 22:357-9. 2002..It is found that relative small average electronegative difference and large cationic field strength of host benefit to energy up-conversion...
- [Multiply upconversion emission in oxyfluoride ceramics]Si guo Xiao
Physics Department, Xiangtan University, Xiangtan 411105, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 23:6-8. 2003..Four possible energy transfer processes between Er3+ and Yb3+ cause the electronic population of high energy level of Er3+ and realize the abound upconversion luminescence bands...
- [Optical parameters of Er3+ in oxyfluoride glass ceramic]Chen juan He
Optical Phsics Laboratory, Institute of Physics, Beijing 100080, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 22:529-34. 2002..Some predicted spectroscopic parameters of the excited states, like the spontaneous radiative transition rate, branching ratio and integrated emission cross section were given...
- [The direct sensitization upconversion luminescence of Ho(0.5)Yb(5): oxyfluoride glass]Xiao Bo Chen
Beijing Normal University, Optical Center, Institute of Physics, Laboratory of Optical Physics, Beijing, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 23:426-30. 2003..pumping laser power are rather good straight lines. Its slope will increase with enhancement of pumping laser facula. This is mainly caused by energy diffusion among Yb3+ ions...
- [Direct upconversion sensitization luminescence of Tm(0.1)Yb(10.9): oxyfluoride glass]X B Chen
Optics Center of Beijing Normal University, Laboratory of Optical Physics, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Key Laboratory of Beam Technology and Material Modification of Education Ministry, Beijing, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 21:752-4. 2001..Their upconversion mechanism has been analyzed and discussed simply...
- [An effect enhancement mechanism of up-conversion luminescence--up-conversion sensitization]C Meng
Department of Safety Engineering, Capital University of Economics and Business, 100026 Beijing
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 21:142-6. 2001..The achievement of up-conversion sensitization field especial the originate fruit in indirect up-conversion sensitization obtained by China are introduce emphatically...
- Compact Er:Yb:glass-laser-based supercontinuum source for high-resolution optical coherence tomographyM C Stumpf
Department of Physics, Institute of Quantum Electronics, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Opt Express 16:10572-9. 2008..The potential for ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography (OCT) is demonstrated by coherence measurements supporting an axial resolution of 3.5 microm in air...
- A Yb3+/Tm3+/Ho3+ triply-doped tellurite fibre laserYuen Tsang
Photon Physics Group, School of Physics and Astronomy, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Opt Express 16:10690-5. 2008..A maximum output of 60 mW was observed for a launched pump power of 270 mW, corresponding to 22% optical-to-optical efficiency...
- Design of poly(ethylene glycol)/streptavidin coimmobilized upconversion nanophosphors and their application to fluorescence biolabelingMasao Kamimura
Graduate School of Pure and Applied Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Langmuir 24:8864-70. 2008..Streptavidin (SA)-installed ytterbium (Yb) and Er ion-codoped Y2O3 (Y2O3:Yb,Er) NPs (UNP2s) were prepared by the coimmobilization of PEG- b-PAAc and ..
- Inhibition of transiently expressed low- and high-voltage-activated calcium channels by trivalent metal cationsA M Beedle
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, Canada
J Membr Biol 187:225-38. 2002..most potently inhibited alpha1G current (IC50 = 28 nM), followed by erbium > gadolinium ~ cerium > holmium > ytterbium > neodymium > lanthanum >> scandium...
- Preparation and characterization of nanocrystalline ZrO2:Yb3+,Er3+ up-conversion phosphorsIko Hyppänen
University of Turku, Department of Chemistry, FI 20014 Turku, Finland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1130:267-71. 2008..The materials prepared with combustion synthesis were found to yield the most efficient up-conversion intensity and the longest luminescence decay...
- [Calculation of spectroscopic properties of Tm:YVO4 crystals]Feng Song
Photonics Center, College of Physics Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 22:1-4. 2002..The results show that the spontaneous rate of the transition 1D2-->3F4 is much higher than that of the transition 1D2 to other levels...
- Quenching of IR luminescence of erbium, neodymium, and ytterbium beta-diketonate complexes by ligand C-H and C-D bondsRendy H C Tan
Department of Physics and School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End Road, London, U K
J Phys Chem B 110:24476-9. 2006....
- Real-time detection of DNA interactions with long-period fiber-grating-based biosensorXianfeng Chen
School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University, Birmingham, B4 7ET, UK
Opt Lett 32:2541-3. 2007..It is interesting to note that the DNA biosensor was reusable after being stripped off the hybridized target DNA from the grating surface, demonstrating a function of multiple usability...
- Removal of bacterial endotoxin from root surface with Er:YAG laserMatthias Folwaczny
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Goethestr 70, 80336 Munich, Germany
Am J Dent 16:3-5. 2003..To determine the potential of 2.94 microm Er:YAG laser radiation to remove bacterial endotoxin from root surfaces...
- A genetically engineered anti-CD45 single-chain antibody-streptavidin fusion protein for pretargeted radioimmunotherapy of hematologic malignanciesYukang Lin
The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cancer Res 66:3884-92. 2006..These promising results have prompted large-scale cGMP production of the BC8 fusion protein for clinical trials to be conducted in patients with hematologic malignancies...
- Ring-opening polymerization of lactide with group 3 metal complexes supported by dianionic alkoxy-amino-bisphenolate ligands: combining high activity, productivity, and selectivityAbderramane Amgoune
Institut de Chimie de Rennes, UMR 6509, CNRS Universite de Rennes 1, Organometalliques et Catalyse, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Chemistry 12:169-79. 2005..The natures of the ligand substituents were shown to have a significant influence on the degree of control of the polymerizations, and in particular on the tacticity of the polymer...
- Structural, luminescence, and NMR studies of the reversible binding of acetate, lactate, citrate, and selected amino acids to chiral diaqua ytterbium, gadolinium, and europium complexesRachel S Dickins
Department of Chemistry, University of Durham, South Road, UK
J Am Chem Soc 124:12697-705. 2002..of acetate, lactate, citrate, and selected amino acids and peptides to chiral diaqua europium, gadolinium, or ytterbium cationic complexes has been examined...
- Synthesis and photoluminescence of Y2O3:RE3+ (RE=Eu, Tb, Dy) porous nanotubes templated by carbon nanotubesGuixia Liu
Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Chemistry and Physics, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, PR China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:120-4. 2006..This method may also provide a novel approach to produce other inorganic porous nanotubes used in catalyst and sensors...
- New chiral lanthanide amide ate complexes for the catalysed synthesis of scalemic nitrogen-containing heterocyclesIsabelle Aillaud
Laboratoire de Catalyse Moléculaire, ICMMO, UMR CNRS 8182, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay, France
Chemistry 14:2189-200. 2008New chiral binaphthylamido yttrium and ytterbium ate complexes with lithium and potassium counterions have been synthesised and characterised...
- [Calculation of spectroscopic parameters of Ho3+ in Ho:YVO4 crystal]W Yang
Experimental Center, Fujian Normal University, 350007 Fuzhou
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 21:28-31. 2001..A discussion on potentiality of application in the infrared laser material is given...
- A strategy to protect and sensitize near-infrared luminescent Nd3+ and Yb3+: organic tropolonate ligands for the sensitization of Ln(3+)-doped NaYF4 nanocrystalsJian Zhang
Department of Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:14834-5. 2007..The extended lanthanide luminescence lifetimes indicate the success of this strategy...
- Sensitized near-infrared lanthanide luminescence from Nd(III)- and Yb(III)-based cyclen-ruthenium coordination conjugatesKatell Sénéchal-David
School of Chemistry, Centre for Synthesis and Chemical Biology, University of Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Inorg Chem 45:10040-2. 2006..of novel mixed lanthanide-transition-metal (f-d) based supramolecular self-assemblies made from neodymium- and ytterbium-based tetraamide-functionalized cyclen complexes bearing a single 1,10-phenanthroline moiety coordinating to a ..
- Biosorption of La, Eu and Yb using Sargassum biomassVivian Diniz
Department of Chemical Engineering, McGill University, 3610 University Street, Montreal, Que, Canada, H3A 2B2
Water Res 39:239-47. 2005Biosorption of the lanthanides: Lanthanum (La(3+)), Europium (Eu(3+)) and Ytterbium (Yb(3+)) from single-component and multi-component batch systems using Sargassum polycystum Ca-loaded biomass was studied...
- Electron-transfer fluorescence quenching of aromatic hydrocarbons by europium and ytterbium ions in acetonitrileTaeko Inada
Department of Physics, School of Science, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara 228 8555, Japan
J Phys Chem A 110:2595-600. 2006..the ET fluorescence quenching of aromatic hydrocarbons by trivalent lanthanide ions M3+ (europium ion Eu3+ and ytterbium ion Yb3+) and the following ET reactions such as the geminate and free radical recombination were studied in ..
- Effects of Yb concentration on the fluorescence spectra of Yb-doped YAlO3 single crystalsXionghui Zeng
Key Laboratory of Organic Optoelectronics and Molecular Engineering of Ministry of Education, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 65:184-6. 2006..These phenomena are caused by the strong self-absorption at 979 and 999 nm for Yb:YAP...
- Effects of Yb concentration on the spectroscopic properties of Yb: Y3Al5O12Xiaodan Wang
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qinghe Road 390, P O Box 800 211, Shanghai 201800, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 63:49-54. 2006..1at.%. However, it can greatly change the shape of fluorescence spectra of Yb:YAG when the Yb doping concentration reaches to above 53.6 at.%...
- [High current microsecond pulsed hollow cathode lamp excited inductively coupled plasma ionic fluorescence spectrometry of Eu, Yb, Ca, Sr and Ba with an extended-sleeve torch]S Y Zhang
Lab. of Analytical Sciences, Department of Chemistry, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 21:632-6. 2001..The HCMP IFS DLs of Eu and Yb were even superior to those of dye laser excited IFS reported in literatures...
- Enhanced broadband near-infrared luminescence from transparent Yb3+/Ni2+ codoped silicate glass ceramicsBotao Wu
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201800, China
Opt Express 16:1879-84. 2008..00 mol% Yb(2)O(3), a broadband near-infrared emission centered at 1265 nm with full width at half maximum of about 300 nm and lifetime of about 220 mus was observed. The energy transfer mechanism was also discussed...
- Ionic charge, radius, and potential control root/soil concentration ratios of fifty cationic elements in the organic horizon of a beech (Fagus sylvatica) forest podzolGermund Tyler
Department of Ecology, Soil Plant Research, Ecology Building, SE 223 62 Lund, Sweden
Sci Total Environ 329:231-9. 2004..rubidium, scandium, samarium, tin, terbium, thorium, titanium, thallium, thulium, uranium, vanadium, yttrium, ytterbium, zinc and zirconium...
- A systematic review of in vivo retrograde obturation materialsR Niederman
The Forsyth Institute, 140 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int Endod J 36:577-85. 2003..resection) and retrograde (root-end) obturation (filling), which retrograde obturation (root-end filling) material(s) is/are the most effective, as determined by reduction in periapical radiolucency and elimination of signs and symptoms?..
- Rare earth metals used in biodegradable magnesium-based stents do not interfere with proliferation of smooth muscle cells but do induce the upregulation of inflammatory genesAndreas Drynda
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Intensive Care, Children s Hospital, University of Rostock, Rembrandtstrasse 16 17, Rostock, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res A 91:360-9. 2009..Cerium (Ce), neodymium (Nd), yttrium (Y), and ytterbium (Yb) are already used for degradable cardiovascular stents...
- Selective accumulation of light or heavy rare earth elements using gram-positive bacteriaTakehiko Tsuruta
Department of Applied Chemistry, Tohwa University 1 1 1, Chikushigaoka, Fukuoka 815 8510, Japan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 52:117-22. 2006..On the other hand, A. nicotianae can accumulate higher amounts of terbium and ytterbium than that of the other heavy REEs from the same solution. A...
- [Separation with ion exchange fiber column and determination of La, Nd, Eu and Gd in high purity ytterbium oxide by ICP-AES]Qi Gong
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Guangxi University, Nanning 530004, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 30:523-7. 2010..2%, 107%, 97.8% and 102% for La2 O3, Nd2 O3, Eu2 O3 and Gd2 O3 respectively. The calibration curve did not need matrix matching with Yb, and the analysis period was within 4 hour...
- Electron-capture dissociation and collision-induced dissociation of lanthanide metal-ligand complexes and lanthanide metal-ligand complexes bound to phosphopeptidesJackie A Mosely
Departm ent of Chemistry, Durham University, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE, UK
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 15:145-55. 2009..Ternary adducts were formed for [LnL(3+)+solvent anion(s)(n-)]((3-n)+) [Ln=europium, terbium and ytterbium, L=heptadentate ligand, solvent anion=acetate or trifluoromethane-sulphonate (triflate)]...
- Noninvasive laser vasectomy: preliminary ex vivo tissue studiesChristopher M Cilip
Department of Physics and Optical Science, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina 28223 0001, USA
Lasers Surg Med 41:203-7. 2009..The development of a completely noninvasive vasectomy technique may eliminate these concerns...
- Mathematical modelling of digesta passage rate, mean retention time and in vivo apparent digestibility of two different lengths of hay and big-bale grass silage in poniesM J S Moore-Colyer
Institute of Rural Studies, University of Wales Aberystwyth, Llanbadarn Campus, Aberystwyth SY23 3AL, Wales, UK
Br J Nutr 90:109-18. 2003..On day 1 of collection weeks, ponies were fed 85 g ytterbium chloride hexahydrate-marked feed 1.5 h after the morning meal...
- Synthesis, characterization, and structures of divalent europium and ytterbium N,N-dimethylaminodiboranatesScott R Daly
The School of Chemical Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 600 South Mathews Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Inorg Chem 49:4578-85. 2010..Na(H(3)BNMe(2)BH(3)) in tetrahydrofuran (THF) results in a reduction to the corresponding divalent europium and ytterbium N,N-dimethylaminodiboranate (DMADB) complexes Eu(H(3)BNMe(2)BH(3))(2)(THF)(2) (1) and Yb(H(3)BNMe(2)BH(3))(2)(..
- Effect of maize starch concentration in the diet on starch and cell wall digestion in the dairy cowA M van Vuuren
Animal Sciences Group, Wageningen UR, Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 94:319-29. 2010..fatty acid concentration nor on the site of digestion of organic matter and starch and rate of passage of ytterbium-labelled forage. On the high-starch diet, an extra 1...
- Regioselective strategies mediated by lanthanide triflates for efficient assembly of oligomannansK N Jayaprakash
Natural Products and Glycotechnology Research Institute, Inc, 595 F Weathersfield Road, Pittsboro, NC 27312, USA
J Org Chem 72:5534-45. 2007..Scandium and ytterbium triflates respond very differently to these donors, with the result that chemoselective discrimination between ..
- Insight into substrate binding in Shibasaki's Li3(THF)n(BINOLate)3Ln complexes and implications in catalysisAlfred J Wooten
P Roy and Diana T Vagelos Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, 231 South 34th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6323, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:7407-19. 2008..The paramagnetic europium, ytterbium, and praseodymium complexes Li 3(THF) n (BINOLate) 3Ln induce relatively large lanthanide-induced shifts on ..
- Highly sensitive chelating agents for histochemical staining of rare earth metalsY Sumi
Department of Chemistry, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki 216 8511, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 112:179-82. 1999..of staining very small amounts of rare earth metals, particularly praseodymium, terbium, dysprosium, holmium, ytterbium, and lutetium...
- Mixed d-f3 coordination complexes possessing improved near-infrared (NIR) lanthanide luminescent properties in aqueous solutionAline M Nonat
School of Chemistry, Center for Synthesis and Chemical Biology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Inorg Chem 49:8449-56. 2010..This ligand forms kinetically stable complexes, 1·Ln, with lanthanide ions such as Ln = ytterbium, neodymium, and lutetium (formed as a non-IR emitting reference compound), the synthesis and photophysical ..
- Cerium(III), europium(III), and ytterbium(III) complexes with alcohol donor groups as chemical exchange saturation transfer agents for MRIChing Hui Huang
Department of Chemistry, 526 Natural Sciences Complex, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Amherst, New York 14260 3000, USA
Inorg Chem 48:7237-43. 2009..Optimum pH values for the CEST effect from alcohol proton exchange are pH = 6.0 for Ce(S-THP)(3+), pH = 4.5 for Eu(THED)(3+), and pH = 3.0 for Yb(S-THP)(3+)...
- Ceramic bracket debonding with ytterbium fiber laserAyşe Sena Kabaş Sarp
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Bogazici University, 34684, Cengelkoy, Istanbul, Turkey
Lasers Med Sci 26:577-84. 2011..A new fiber laser (1,070-nm ytterbium fiber laser) was tested, debonding procedure was quantified with a universal testing machine, and intrapulpal ..
- Synthesis of LiYF4, BaYF5, and NaLaF4 optical nanocrystalsG S Yi
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119260, Republic of Singapore
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:2790-4. 2007..The LiYF4, BaYF5, and NaLaF4 nanoparticles, co-doped with 20% Ytterbium (Yb) and 2% Erbium (Er), showed bright upconversion fluorescence upon 980 nm NIR excitation, confirming the high ..
- All-fiber phase actuator based on an erbium-doped fiber amplifier for coherent beam combining at 1064 nmHenrik Tünnermann
Laser Zentrum Hannover e V, Hannover, Germany
Opt Lett 36:448-50. 2011..fiber amplifier in a Mach-Zehnder configuration and applied the results to stabilize the relative phase of two ytterbium-doped fiber amplifiers...
- Surprisingly bright near-infrared luminescence and short radiative lifetimes of ytterbium in hetero-binuclear yb-na chelatesNail M Shavaleev
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Laboratory of Lanthanide Supramolecular Chemistry, BCH 1405, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Inorg Chem 48:7937-46. 2009..The complexes display efficient ligand-sensitized near-infrared luminescence of ytterbium at 925-1075 nm with lifetimes and quantum yields as high as 22 mus and 3...
- Comparison of urea treatment with established methods of sorghum grain preservation and processing on site and extent of starch digestion by cattleT M Hill
Auburn University, AL 36849
J Anim Sci 69:4570-6. 1991..2 kg/d). Diets averaged 46.5% starch and 12% CP, except for U, which averaged 14% CP due to urea treatment. Ytterbium attached to sorghum was used as a particulate marker...
- The BnALMT1 and BnALMT2 genes from rape encode aluminum-activated malate transporters that enhance the aluminum resistance of plant cellsAyalew Ligaba
Research Institute for Bioresources, Okayama University, Chuo 2 20 1, Kurashiki 710 0046, Japan
Plant Physiol 142:1294-303. 2006..Several other cations (lanthanum, ytterbium, and erbium) also increased BnALMT1 and BnALMT2 expression in the roots...
- Nano rare-earth oxides induced size-dependent vacuolization: an independent pathway from autophagyYing Zhang
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale, and School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
Int J Nanomedicine 5:601-9. 2010..In this study, we investigated three other rare-earth elements, including Yttrium (Y), Ytterbium (Yb), and Lanthanum (La)...
- Grafting of peralkylated Ln(II)Al(III) heterobimetallic complexes onto periodic mesoporous silica KIT-6Erwan Le Roux
Department of Chemistry, University of Bergen, Allegaten 41, 5007, Bergen, Norway
Dalton Trans 39:8552-9. 2010Tetraethylaluminates of the divalent lanthanides ytterbium and samarium were grafted onto large-pore cubic periodic mesoporous silica (PMS) KIT-6, which had been dehydroxylated at 500 degrees C (specific surface area a(s): 500 m(2)g(-1); ..
- How do traces of thulium explain photodarkening in Yb doped fibers?R Peretti
Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, CNRS LPCML, Villeurbanne F 69622, France
Opt Express 18:20455-60. 2010b>Ytterbium doped fiber lasers are known to be impacted by the creation of color centers during lasing so called photodarkening...
- Ytterbium-sensitized Thulium-doped fiber laser in the near-IR with 980 nm pumpingAtasi Pal
Fiber Optics Laboratory, Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute, 196, Raja S C Mullick Road, Kolkata, India
Opt Express 18:5068-74. 2010..The use of an unidirectional auxiliary pump at approximately 1600 nm in conjunction with a 980 nm primary pump for Ytterbium (Yb(3+))-sensitized-Thulium (Tm(3+))-doped single mode silica fiber (YTDF) is found to be very effective to ..
- Synthesis and characterization of three ytterbium coordination polymers featuring various cationic species and a luminescence study of a terbium analogue with open channelsYou Wen Lin
Department of Chemistry, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
Inorg Chem 49:2316-24. 2010..Framework 4, a terbium analogue of 3, has the potential sensing ability; it exhibited gradually increasing luminescence intensities when dispersed sequentially in water, methanol, and ethanol as suspensions...
- Water Dissociation on alpha(1)-Hafnium and Ytterbium Substituted Dawson Polyoxotungstates: A Density Functional Theory Study (dagger)Etienne Derat
UPMC Univ Paris 06, Laboratoire de Chimie Organique UMR CNRS 7611, Institut de Chimie Moleculaire FR 2769, C 229, 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France, and UPMC Univ Paris 06, Laboratoire de chimie inorganique et materiaux moleculaires UMR CNRS 7071, Institut de Chimie Moleculaire FR 2769, C 42, 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
J Phys Chem A 112:13002-5. 2008..This reflects the difference of the electronic structures (diamagnetic for hafnium POM, paramagnetic for ytterbium POM)...
- Synthesis and structures of the first cationic perfluoroaryllanthanoid(II) complexesGlen B Deacon
School of Chemistry, Monash University, Wellington Rd, Victoria 3800, Australia
Chemistry 10:1798-804. 2004..Ln=Eu, n=6 (1); Ln=Yb, n=5 (2)) were readily synthesized in high yield by reactions of ytterbium or europium with HgPh(C(6)F(5)) and Me(3)NHBPh(4) in THF. The structures of 1...
- Tunable multiwavelength fiber laser using a comb filter based on erbium-ytterbium co-doped polarization maintaining fiber loop mirrorGuoyong Sun
Department of Information and Communications, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology GIST 1 Oryong dong, Buk Gu, Gwangju 500 712, Korea
Opt Express 16:3652-8. 2008A tunable comb filter based on a fiber loop mirror setup, which incorporates a piece of pumped erbium-ytterbium co-doped polarization maintaining fiber, is newly presented...
- Demonstration of optical gain at 1550 nm in erbium-ytterbium co-doped polymer waveguide amplifierCong Chen
State Key Laboratory on Integrated Optoelectronics, College of Electronic Science and Engineering, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, People s Republic of China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 10:1947-50. 2010A novel solution-processable erbium-ytterbium co-doped complex was successfully synthesized and used to fabricate a waveguide amplifier. The absorption and photoluminescence spectra of the complex were observed...
- Optical spectroscopy and energy transfer in amorphous AlN-doped erbium and ytterbium ions for applications in laser cavitiesMuhammad Maqbool
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana 47306, USA
Opt Lett 35:3117-9. 2010..Yb(+3), when excited by a 532 nm laser in the absence of Er(+3), confirms that the luminescence enhancement in ytterbium is due to energy transfer and not to direct green light excitation by the erbium emission...
- SOURCE WIRES FOR ACUTE ENDOVASCULAR RADIOTHERAPYCLARA BAJGAR; Fiscal Year: 2000..sources by pairing high-intensity, low-energy x- and gamma-ray emitting isotopes, specifically Iodine-125 and Ytterbium-169...
- PERIPHERAL STENTS WITH ION IMPLANTED RADIOACTIVITYANTHONY ARMINI; Fiscal Year: 2000..Irradiation has heretofore never been applied to peripheral stents. Using an existing ion implanter to deliver ytterbium-169, a gamma emitter, to the stents, animal testing is proposed to evaluate the restenosis-inhibiting qualities ..
- Blue-Green Fiber Laser for Biomedical ApplicationsVLADIMIR RUBTSOV; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will be achieved by frequency doubling the primary emission lines of Ytterbium (Yb) at ?=978 nm and ?=1038 nm...
- HDR Brachytherapy System Using Ytterbium-169John Munro; Fiscal Year: 2003..With the increased use of HDR brachytherapy for the treatment of prostate cancer, and with the recent enthusiasm about the treatment of breast cancer using this technique, this development is particularly important at this time. ..
- Brachytherapy Delivery System for Treatment of Lung CancerJohn Munro; Fiscal Year: 2007..The incorporation of 169 Ytterbium sources into the surgical staples normally used during the lung resection procedure will permit the application ..
- Production of High Specific Activity Lutetium-177Cathy Cutler; Fiscal Year: 2005..will entail developing a separation method for isolating nanogram amounts of Lu-177 from macroscopic amounts of ytterbium (Yb) and evaluating if the Lu-177 produced can then be attached to biomolecuies for radioimmunotherapy...
- OCT Imaging of Diabetic Retinopathy in 1060nm Spectral RangeKevin Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The key technology to be addressed by this research effort is to develop a swept source based on ytterbium-doped fiber amplifier (YDFA) and the validation of this source in a SS-OCT system...
- Blue-Green Fiber Laser for Biomedical ApplicationsAshutosh Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2001..A double-clad optical fiber with an ytterbium-doped core and two Bragg gratings will be pumped with a diode laser at 915 men...
- Agilent 5973 GC/MS SystemGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our current lack of such instrumentation negatively affects the ability to carry out many of these studies. This critical capability, in the form of an instrument for everyday analysis, is urgently needed. ..
- TRADITIONAL & MEDICAL MODELS OF PERIODONTAL CARERichard Niederman; Fiscal Year: 2005..These points argue for a direct comparison of the medical and traditional model of care. ..
- Catalytic Processes for Selective Organic SynthesisGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) Carbometalation/cyclization reactions will be explored utilizing organochromium species. 5) Ligands and catalytic systems designed for asymmetric synthesis will be explored. ..