Summary: Neodymium. An element of the rare earth family of metals. It has the atomic symbol Nd, atomic number 60, and atomic weight 144.24, and is used in industrial applications.
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Modification of neodymium-doped ZnO hybrid nanoparticles under mild hydrothermal conditionsBehzad Shahmoradi
Faculty of Environmental Health Engineering, Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, Sanandaj 66174, Iran
Nanoscale 2:1160-4. 2010The morphology and particle size of neodymium-doped ZnO hybrid nanoparticles were tailored through fabrication under mild hydrothermal conditions (T = 150-250 degrees C, P = autogeneous, t = 18 h) for the first time using two surface ..
- Using a neodymium magnet to target delivery of ferumoxide-labeled human neural stem cells in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemiaMiyeoun Song
Department of Neurology, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
Hum Gene Ther 21:603-10. 2010..To assess migration in vitro, ferumoxide-labeled cells were seeded into a culture dish that had a neodymium magnet below its center, and the labeled NSCs were found to aggregate above the magnet...
- Defluoridation of water using neodymium-modified chitosanRuihua Yao
College of Environmental Science and Technology, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
J Hazard Mater 165:454-60. 2009..The water containing high fluoride ions could do harm to human and environment. In this work, the applicability of neodymium-modified chitosan as adsorbents for the removal of excess fluoride ions from water was studied...
- Potential interference of small neodymium magnets with cardiac pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorsThomas Wolber
Cardiovascular Center, Cardiology, University Hospital, Zurich
Heart Rhythm 4:1-4. 2007..b>Neodymium-iron-boron (NdFeB) magnets, which are small in size but produce strong magnetic fields, have become widely ..
- Endoscopic management of post-traumatic prostatic and supraprostatic strictures using Neodymium-YAG laserGhulam Nabi
Department of Urology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Int J Urol 9:710-4. 2002We assessed the feasibility, efficacy and long-term results of endoscopic management using Neodymium-YAG (Nd-YAG) laser as a day care procedure in patients with post-traumatic supraprostatic and prostatic strictures...
- Morphological changes in human skin melanoma treated by high-energy pulsed neodymium laser radiationK G Moskalik
Laboratory of High Energies, N N Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, St Petersburg, Russia
J BUON 16:341-4. 2011The neodymium (Nd) laser irradiation has been successfully applied to the treatment of slightly elevated skin melanoma. At the same time the histologic aspects of such a treatment have not been precisely investigated...
- In vivo trial comparing patients' tolerance of Q-switched Alexandrite (QS Alex) and Q-switched neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet (QS Nd:YAG) lasers in the treatment of nevus of OtaH H Chan
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Republic of China
Lasers Surg Med 24:24-8. 1999..The aim of the present study was to compare the patient tolerance of Q-switched Alexandrite (QS Alex) and Q-switched neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet (QS Nd:YAG) lasers in the treatment of nevus of Ota.
- Retraction and triangulation with neodymium magnetic forceps for single-port laparoscopic cholecystectomyGuillermo Dominguez
Department of Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery Division, Hospital de Clinicas, Buenos Aires University, Beccar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Surg Endosc 23:1660-6. 2009..A new technique based on retraction and triangulation with magnetic instruments for single port laparoscopic surgery is presented...
- Nano neodymium oxide induces massive vacuolization and autophagic cell death in non-small cell lung cancer NCI-H460 cellsYong Chen
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230027, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:52-60. 2005b>Neodymium, a rare earth element, was known to exhibit cytotoxic effects and induce apoptosis in certain cancer cells...
- Nonablative acne scar reduction after a series of treatments with a short-pulsed 1,064-nm neodymium:YAG laserGraeme M Lipper
Advanced Dermcare, Danbury, Connecticut 06811, USA
Dermatol Surg 32:998-1006. 2006..One such laser, a 1,064-nm short-pulsed Nd:YAG, uses rapidly scanned low-energy infrared pulses to heat the dermis selectively through the normal dermal microvasculature...
- Descemet membrane detachment after sequential argon-neodymium:YAG laser peripheral iridotomyDavid T L Liu
Department of Ophthalmology Visual Sciences, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Am J Ophthalmol 134:621-2. 2002To report a case of Descemet membrane detachment after sequential argon-neodymium (Nd):yttrium-aluminum-garnet (YAG) laser peripheral iridotomy.
- [Holmium: YAG and neodymium: YAG laser assisted trans-canalicular dacryocystorhinostomy. Results of 317 first procedures]J M Piaton
Centre National d'Ophtalmologie des Quinze-Vingts, Service du professeur S. Limon, 28, rue de Charenton, 75012 Paris, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 24:253-64. 2001..results of the first procedures of trans-canalicular dacryocystorhinostomy according to two different lasers: Neodymium: YAG (Nd: YAG) laser or Holmium: YAG (Ho: YAG) laser...
- A randomized, observer-blinded, comparison of combined 1064-nm Q-switched neodymium-doped yttrium-aluminium-garnet laser plus 30% glycolic acid peel vs. laser monotherapy to treat melasmaK Y Park
Department of Dermatology, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Clin Exp Dermatol 36:864-70. 2011..Melasma is a common pigmentary disorder that poses therapeutic challenges. Mixed-type melasma usually does not respond to conventional monotherapy...
- Powerful neodymium laser radiation for the treatment of facial carcinoma: 5 year follow-up dataKonstantin Moskalik
N N Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, Pesochny, St Petersburg, 197758, Russia
Eur J Dermatol 20:738-42. 2010A retrospective non-comparative follow-up study was performed to evaluate the curative efficacy of powerful neodymium laser radiation (λ = 1,060 nm) for the treatment of 2,837 patients with 3,001 histologically confirmed facial skin ..
- Theoretical and spectroscopic evidence for coordination ability of 3,3'-benzylidenedi-4-hydroxycoumarin. New neodymium (III) complex and its cytotoxic effectIrena Kostova
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University, 2 Dunav St Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
J Inorg Biochem 99:477-87. 2005..The coordination ability of 3,3'-benzylidenedi-4-hydroxycoumarin has been proved in a complexation reaction with neodymium (III) ion...
- Cytotoxic activity of new neodymium (III) complexes of bis-coumarinsIrena Kostova
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University, 2 Dunav St, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
Eur J Med Chem 39:765-75. 2004Complexes of neodymium (III) with bis-coumarins: 3,3'-benzylidene-bis(4-hydroxy-2H-1-benzopyran-2-one); bis(4-hydroxy-2-oxo-2H-chromen-3-yl)-piridin-2-yl-methane; bis(4-hydroxy-2-oxo-2H-chromen-3-yl)-piridin-4-yl-methane; bis(4-hydroxy-2-..
- Influence of size of neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet laser posterior capsulotomy on visual functionK Hayashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Hayashi Eye Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Eye (Lond) 24:101-6. 2010The aim of this study was to examine the influence that the size of a neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet (Nd:YAG) laser capsulotomy performed for posterior capsule opacification (PCO) has on visual acuity (VA), and on contrast VA and ..
- Impact of holmium:YAG and neodymium:YAG lasers on the efficacy of DNA delivery in transitional cell carcinomaThomas Knoll
Department of Urology, University Hospital Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68135, Germany
Lasers Med Sci 19:33-6. 2004..5 million cells/ml) was mixed with 200 microg of plasmid DNA (pEGFP-N1). Two types of laser energy, neodymium:YAG (Nd:YAG) and holmium:YAG (Ho:YAG), were applied to the cell suspension in different energy settings...
- Removal of gutta-percha from root canals using an Nd:YAG laserD Viducic
Department of Microbiology, School of Dental Medicine, Tokushima University, Japan
Int Endod J 36:670-3. 2003..To examine the use of an Nd:YAG laser in removing gutta-percha fillings from root canals when used in conjunction with eucalyptol, dimethylformamide (DMF) or no solvent...
- Assessment of the efficacy of nonablative long-pulsed 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser treatment of wrinkles compared at 2, 4, and 6 monthsM A Trelles
Instituto Medico Vilafortuny Antoni De Gimbernat Foundation, Cambrils, Spain
Facial Plast Surg 21:145-53. 2005..Effects were still visible at the 6-month period, but showed a tendency to decrease. Maintenance treatments are required to achieve good patient satisfaction...
- [LASER applications in endodontics]Roeland De Moor
Université de Gand, Département de Médecine Dentaire and Clinique de Médecine Dentaire, Stomatologie et Chirurgie maxillo faciale, Service de Dentisterie Opératoire et d Endodontie, UZ Gent De Pintelaan 185 P8, B 9000 Gand
Rev Belge Med Dent (1984) 60:115-45. 2005..It will be clear that a number of endodontic procedures with conventional treatments cannot provide comparable results or are less effective...
- Laser curettage: an overviewDouglas N Dederich
Department of Periodontics, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 23:1097-103. 2002..This article presents a review of the literature and a synopsis of the current scientific consensus regarding laser curettage, its effectiveness, its potential for collateral damage, and the scientific standards that apply...
- Recurrence of condylomata acuminata of the urethra after conventional and fluorescence-controlled Nd:YAG laser treatmentD Zaak
Department of Urology, University of Munich Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Urology 61:1011-5. 2003To report our experience with conventional and fluorescence-controlled neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet (Nd:YAG) laser therapy of urethral condylomata...
- Effects of Er:YAG and Nd:YAG lasers on dentin permeability in root surfaces: a preliminary in vitro studyAna Cecilia Correa Aranha
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 23:504-8. 2005..This in vitro study evaluated the effects of Nd:YAG and Er:YAG lasers on reducing dentin permeability by sealing opened tubules...
- Neodymium:yttrium-aluminum garnet contact laser ablation of Barrett's high grade dysplasia and early adenocarcinomaAllan P Weston
Specialty Care Section, Kansas City Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri 64128, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2998-3006. 2002We describe the efficacy and safety of neodymium:yttrium-aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) contact laser ablation of Barrett's high grade dysplasia (HGD) and/or early adenocarcinoma.
- Laser fenestration of the mesial septum for treatment of guttural pouch chondroids in a ponyHeidrun Gehlen
Clinic for Horses, University of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Vet Surg 34:383-6. 2005..To describe removal of guttural pouch chondroids through a laser fenestrated mesial septum in a pony with an obstructed pharyngeal ostium of the left guttural pouch...
- Optimal pulse durations for the treatment of leg telangiectasias with a neodymium YAG laserEric C Parlette
Dermatology Department, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92134, USA
Lasers Surg Med 38:98-105. 2006..Leg veins can be effectively treated with lasers. However, the optimal pulse duration for small leg veins has not been established in human studies with a Nd:YAG laser...
- Applications of the neodymium:YAG laser in plastic surgery of the face and lacrimal surgery. Wound repair. A reviewFranz Fankhauser
Lindenhofspital, Bern, Switzerland
Ophthalmologica 216:381-98. 2002..Particular attention is paid to the Nd:YAG laser and to an Nd:YAG laser-powered quartz laser scalpel...
- Effects of Er:YAG and Nd:YAP laser irradiation on the surface roughness and free surface energy of enamel and dentin: an in vitro studyValerie Armengol
Centre de Recherche sur les Matériaux d Intérêt Biologique, Département d odontologie conservatrice endodontie, France
Oper Dent 28:67-74. 2003..Morphological changes on enamel and dentin were greater with acid-etch and Er:YAG laser than with Nd:YAP laser. Free surface energy was significantly greater with acid-etch or Er:YAG laser than with Nd:YAP laser (p < 0.001)...
- Pulsed Nd:YAG laser effect on eruption of rat mandibular incisors following disturbance of the enamel organ in the pulpYoshiko Murakami
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Showa University, 2 1 1 Kitasenzoku, Ohta ku, Tokyo 145 8515, Japan
Lasers Med Sci 20:95-8. 2005We investigated the effects of pulsed neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet (Nd:YAG) laser irradiation time on the eruption of 56 mandibular incisors in 28 rats. Clinically, some incisors erupted and the others did not...
- Side firing Neodymium:Yag laser prostatectomy: six years of experience with 170 patientsAhmet Metin
Urology Clinics of TCDD Ankara Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 35:33-6. 2003..To evaluate the results and complications in 170 patients with symptomatic benign hyperplasia who underwent laser prostatectomy focusing on six month and long-term results...
- Near-infrared dental diode lasers. Scientific and photobiologic principles and applicationsEric Bornstein
Dent Today 23:102-8. 2004
- In vitro laser ablation of natural marine biofilmsKanavillil Nandakumar
Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:6905-8. 2004We studied the efficiency of pulsed low-power laser irradiation of 532 nm from an Nd:YAG (neodymium-doped yttrium-aluminum-garnet) laser to remove marine biofilm developed on titanium and glass coupons...
- [Dentine hypersensitivity treated with Nd: YAG laser: experience with 262 cases]Chun Hu
First Affiliated Hospital, Hunan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Changsha 410007, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 24:319-20. 2004To observe the curative effect of neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) laser pulse in treating dentine hypersensitivity.
- Neodymium:YAG laser incision of congenital obstructive posterior urethral membrane in boys with urinary incontinence and low uroflowYao Chou Tsai
Department of Urology, En Chu Kong Hospital, Taipei Hsien 237, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 103:872-5. 2004..Urethral stricture following cystoscopic fulguration of the membrane and a relatively small urethral caliber make the treatment of this condition difficult...
- Laser-activated fluoride treatment of enamel against an artificial caries challenge: comparison of five wavelengthsJ Vlacic
School of Dentistry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane
Aust Dent J 52:101-5. 2007..The aims of this study were to examine whether LAF therapy, conducted using a range of wavelengths in the visible and near infrared regions, can protect human dental enamel from an artificial cariogenic challenge...
- A pilot study on the treatment of facial rhytids using nonablative 585-nm pulsed dye and 532-nm Nd:YAG lasersWai Kit Woo
Department of Dermatology, Ulster Hospital, The Royal Hospitals, Grosvenor Road, Belfast BT12 6BA, N Ireland, United Kingdom
Dermatol Surg 29:1192-5; discussion 1195. 2003..There have been reports of successfully using the pulsed dye laser and long-pulse Nd:YAG laser to improve skin wrinkles...
- Treatment of pseudofolliculitis barbae using the long-pulse Nd:YAG laser on skin types V and VISeymour M Weaver
Advanced Laser and Cosmetic Dermatology, 4007 GG Bellaire Boulevard, Houston, TX 77025, USA
Dermatol Surg 29:1187-91. 2003..Pseudofolliculitis barbae (PFB) is a foreign body inflammatory condition that is caused by in-grown hairs of the face and body. An effective treatment to alleviate this condition without the risk of side effects has yet to be found...
- 532-nm Nd:YAG and 595-nm pulsed dye laser treatment of leg telangiectasia using ultralong pulse durationWai Kit Woo
Department of Dermatology, Ulster Hospital, The Royal Hospitals, Grosvenor Road, Belfast BT12 6BA, N Ireland, United Kingdom
Dermatol Surg 29:1176-80; discussion 1180. 2003..Telangiectatic leg veins have been treated using lasers with variable success...
- A randomized, controlled, split-face clinical trial of 1320-nm Nd:YAG laser therapy in the treatment of acne vulgarisJeffrey S Orringer
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0314, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:432-8. 2007..There is a need for additional effective treatments for acne vulgaris. Laser therapy has been explored as a therapeutic option for acne, but rigorously designed studies in this area have been limited...
- Principles of lasers and biophotonic effectsVerena Knappe
Laser and Medizin Technologie GmbH, Berlin, Germany
Photomed Laser Surg 22:411-7. 2004..For percutaneous laser disc decompression (PLDD), lasers in the near-infrared region (Nd:YAG, Ho:YAG, and diode lasers) and with visible green radiation (frequency doubled Nd:YAG, called "KTP laser") were reported to be effective...
- Angiokeratoma Fordyce of the glans penis: combined treatment with erbium: YAG and 532 nm KTP (frequency doubled neodynium: YAG) laserFalk Georges Bechara
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Dermatol 31:943-5. 2004..Combined treatment with Erbium: YAG and 532 nm KTP (frequency doubled Neodynium: YAG) laser led to excellent cosmetic results...
- The sealing ability of an epoxy resin root canal sealer after Nd:YAG laser irradiation of the root canalF J H W Depraet
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontology, Dental School, Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Int Endod J 38:302-9. 2005..To evaluate ex vivo the effect of Nd:YAG laser irradiation with and without black ink on instrumented root canal walls, and the degree of both coronal and apical microleakage of filled root canals...
- Nd:YAG laser ablation and acid resistance of enamelYong Hoon Kwon
Department of Dental Biomaterials, College of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, 2 188 1 Samduk dong Jung gu, Daegu 700 422, Korea
Dent Mater J 22:404-11. 2003..The former suggests a minimized mineral loss. The Nd:YAG laser irradiation will enhance the acid resistance and retard the carious progression in enamel...
- Nd:YAG laser ablation of enamel for orthodontic use: tensile bond strength and surface modificationYong Hoon Kwon
Department of Dental Biomaterials, College of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, 2 188 1 Samduk dong Jung gu, Daegu 700 422, Korea
Dent Mater J 22:397-403. 2003..The formation involved melting and solidification of enamel. Each crater had numerous micropores. Microscopically, the ablated surface was smooth, while much of the acid-etched surface contained numerous microspaces...
- In vitro radiographic analysis of Nd:YAG-laser-irradiated dentinH C P Brucoli
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Sao Paulo University, Av Prof Lineu Prestes 2227, CEP, 05508 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 20:89-94. 2005..36% more radiopaque than the non-irradiated dentin images. The Nd:YAG laser irradiation of dentin is able to alter its radiographic image, producing more radiopaque images of the irradiated dentin...
- Long-pulsed neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser treatment for port wine stainsRoy G Geronemus
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:923. 2006
- Lasers in veterinary medicine--where have we been, and where are we going?Kenneth E Bartels
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 32:495-515. 2002..Veterinary medicine can and should be in the forefront during these exciting times, adding an essential dimension to development of this twenty-first century technology...
- Bacteriologic evaluation of the effect of Nd:YAG laser irradiation in experimental infected root canalsRaffaele Piccolomini
Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
J Endod 28:276-8. 2002..25% NaOCl. The results show an antibacterial effect of the Pumped Diodium Nd:YAG laser, depending on the radiation frequency. However, 5.25% NaOCl was more effective than either laser application...
- New Thomson scattering diagnostic on RFX-modA Alfier
Dipartamento di Fisica G Galilei, Universita degli Studi di Padova, via Marzolo 8, I 35100 Padova, Italy
Rev Sci Instrum 78:013505. 2007..During RFX-mod experimental campaigns in 2005, the TS diagnostic has demonstrated its performance, routinely providing reliable high resolution profiles...
- Influence of Nd:YAG laser irradiation on an adhesive restorative procedureMargarete Franke
Graduation Program in Materials Science and Engineering PGMAT, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Oper Dent 31:604-9. 2006....
- Antibacterial effects of pulsed Nd:YAG laser radiation at different energy settings in root canalsMatthias Folwaczny
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Endod 28:24-9. 2002..3 degrees C (+/-3.9) and that at 200 mJ was 61.8 degrees C (+/-4.2). The Nd:YAG laser radiation has antimicrobial effects in root canals even in the absence of photosensitizing dyes but also causes considerable temperature increase...
- [Morphologic evaluation of the bonding between adhesive/composite resin and dentin irradiated with Er:YAG and Nd:YAG lasers: comparative study using scanning microscopy]M Oda
, Faculdade de Odontologia, USP
Pesqui Odontol Bras 15:283-9. 2001..With the Nd:YAG laser treatment, there was only visual superposition of resin over the dentin surface, which suggests that there was only occlusion of the tubules, with characteristics of fusion in the superficial dentine...
- Endoscopic Nd:YAG laser therapy of infantile subglottic hemangiomaChia Hsiang Fu
Department of Otolaryngology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:89-92. 2007..Nevertheless, ever since the neodymium: yttrium-aluminum-garnet (Nd:YAG) laser was developed, this modality has been considered feasible to treat ..
- Joint strength of laser-welded titaniumJ Liu
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Nagasaki University, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
Dent Mater 18:143-8. 2002..The objective of this study was to examine the joint strength of titanium laser-welding using several levels of laser output energy [current (A)]...
- Mode-locking optimization with a real-time feedback system in a Nd:yttrium lithium fluoride laser cavityC Marengoni
Dipartimento di Fisica G Occhialini, Universita di Milano Bicocca, Milano, Italy
Rev Sci Instrum 78:013105. 2007..Full implementation of the system on an Nd:yttrium lithium fluoride actively mode-locked laser is presented...
- In vitro testing of Nd:YAG laser processed calcium phosphate coatingsA De Carlos
Dpto de Bioquímica, Genética e Inmunología, Universidade de Vigo, Vigo, Spain
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:1153-60. 2006....
- Clinical, radiographic, and histopathologic evaluation of Nd:YAG laser pulpotomy on human primary teethMesut Enes Odabas
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Gazi, Ankara, Turkey
J Endod 33:415-21. 2007..Dentin bridge was absent in all samples. No stained bacteria were observed in any of these samples. In conclusion, Nd:YAG laser may be considered as an alternative to formocresol for pulpotomies in primary teeth...
- [Indications of lasers treatment for lymphatic malformations]C Berwald
Service de chirurgie plastique reconstructrice et esthétique du Professeur Magalon, Hopital de la Conception, boulevard Baille, 13005 Marseille, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 51:429-32. 2006..Finally, the indication of the laser must be retained only as a supplement to the surgery and has to be done by experimented persons...
- [Port wine stains and laser treatments]F Laffitte
Plate forme laser multidisciplinaire, Hopital de Rangueil, 31059 Toulouse cedex 09, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 51:357-68. 2006..Therefore, everything has been reported several times and, in some occasions with some kind of artlessness and/or without follow-up. Author will try in this paper to report a 25 years experience, with as much objectivity as possible...
- The observation of abnormal signals in laser flash photolysis: a type of probable synchronized nuclear spin signalsWen Li
Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 65:345-50. 2006....
- Laser resource and reference guideRobert H Gregg
Dent Today 25:90, 92. 2006
- Treatment of dentin hypersensitivity by Nd:YAG laserB B Lier
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
J Clin Periodontol 29:501-6. 2002..The aim of this double-blind, controlled, split-mouth designed clinical trial was to assess the effect of a single Nd:YAG laser application on alleviating hypersensitivity...
- Ablation rate and micromorphological aspects with Nd:YAG picosecond pulsed laser on primary teethRosane de F Z Lizarelli
Instituto de Física de São Carlos USP, Av Trabalhador Sancarlense, 400, Sao Carlos SP, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 31:177-85. 2002..Because little is present in the literature concerning specific laser ablation for primary teeth with respect to enamel and dentin, this work may open perspectives for new investigations...
- Resin bonding to dentin irradiated by high repetition rate Er:YAG laserKoya Aizawa
Department of Operative Dentistry, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Photomed Laser Surg 24:397-401. 2006..This study evaluated the influence of laser irradiation with a high pulse repetition rate on dentin bonding...
- Inhibition of transiently expressed low- and high-voltage-activated calcium channels by trivalent metal cationsA M Beedle
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, Canada
J Membr Biol 187:225-38. 2002..inhibited alpha1G current (IC50 = 28 nM), followed by erbium > gadolinium ~ cerium > holmium > ytterbium > neodymium > lanthanum >> scandium...
- Does the source of laser energy influence the coagulation of chorionic plate vessels? Comparison of Nd:YAG and diode laser on an ex vivo placental modelJacky Nizard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, CHIPS, Poissy, France
Fetal Diagn Ther 22:33-7. 2007To compare the histological effects of diode and Neodymium-Yttrium Aluminium Garnet (Nd:YAG) laser coagulation of chorionic plate vessels.
- Highly Nd3+-doped Y3Al5O12 crystal fiber tip for laser thermotherapyLimin Tong
Department of Physics, State Key Laboratory of Silicon Materials, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Appl Opt 41:4008-12. 2002Based on phonon relaxation, a 12-at. % neodymium-doped YAG (Y3AlrO12) crystal fiber tip has been developed for photothermal conversion. The near-cylindrical tip, with an average diameter of 0.68 mm and a length of 1...
- Nd:YAG lasers (1,064 nm) in the treatment of venous malformations of the face and neck: challenges and benefitsKathrin Scherer
The Vascular and Birthmarks Institute of New York, Roosevelt Hospital, 126 West 60th Street, New York, NY 10023, USA
Lasers Med Sci 22:119-26. 2007b>Neodymium:yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) laser therapy for venous malformations (VMs) of the head and neck is a rather new therapeutical option in addition to sclerotherapy and surgery...
- Clinical performance of Alcon SA30AL and SA60AT single-piece acrylic intraocular lensesJames A Davison
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1112-23. 2002..To report the clinical performance characteristics of single-piece acrylic Alcon SA30AL and SA60AT intraocular lenses (IOLs)...
- A comparison of topical application of 1% tetracaine gel before and after the procedure in removal of cutaneous pigmentation with Q-switched neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet laser (1064/532 nm)Di Qing Luo
Department of Dermatology, Huangpu Hospital of the First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Photomed Laser Surg 28:213-7. 2010To evaluate the anesthetic efficacy of topical application of 1% tetracaine gel before and after a Q-switched neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet (Nd:YAG) laser procedure.
- The Asian dermatologic patient: review of common pigmentary disorders and cutaneous diseasesStephanie G Y Ho
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Am J Clin Dermatol 10:153-68. 2009..Long-pulsed neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) lasers and IPL sources pose less of a PIH risk but require a greater ..
- Rare earth metals used in biodegradable magnesium-based stents do not interfere with proliferation of smooth muscle cells but do induce the upregulation of inflammatory genesAndreas Drynda
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Intensive Care, Children s Hospital, University of Rostock, Rembrandtstrasse 16 17, Rostock, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res A 91:360-9. 2009..Cerium (Ce), neodymium (Nd), yttrium (Y), and ytterbium (Yb) are already used for degradable cardiovascular stents...
- Prospective study of ab externo erbium:YAG laser sclerostomy in humansP C Jacobi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Germany
Am J Ophthalmol 123:478-86. 1997..To evaluate the efficacy of ab externo erbium:YAG (Er:YAG) laser sclerostomy in controlling intraocular pressure in eyes with uncontrolled glaucoma...
- Lasers for facial rejuvenation: a reviewEvangelia Papadavid
Dermatology Department A Syggros Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int J Dermatol 42:480-7. 2003..Different types of laser are used for resurfacing and collagen remodeling in cutaneous laser surgery...
- Neodymium:YAG pupilloplasty in pediatric aphakiaC G Summers
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 28:155-6. 1991..We report a 27-month-old aphakic child whose pupillary aperture was enlarged from 1 mm to 3.5 mm with neodymium (Nd):YAG pupilloplasty, following intramuscular sedation with meperidine, promethazine, and chlorpromazine...
- Neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser arteriotomy with embolectomy for central retinal artery occlusionMichael Reynard
Jules Stein Eye Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 137:196-8. 2004To describe a patient with central retinal artery occlusion successfully treated with neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser arteriotomy and embolectomy.
- Therapeutic applications of lasers in urology: an updateNathaniel M Fried
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Biophotonics Laboratory, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Expert Rev Med Devices 3:81-94. 2006..and more user-friendly solid-state lasers, such as the holmium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet (YAG), frequency-doubled neodymium:YAG and diode lasers has made the technology more attractive for clinical use...
- Three-year follow-up of oral leukoplakia after neodymium:yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) laser surgeryV Vivek
PMS College of Dental Science and Research, Vattapara, Trivandrum 695028 Kerala, India
Lasers Med Sci 23:375-9. 2008..The main objectives of the study are to observe (1) the efficacy, safety and acceptability of the neodymium:yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) laser in the management of oral leukoplakia; (2) the nature of postoperative ..
- [Intraocular pressure results of contact transscleral cyclophotocoagulation with Neodymium YAG laser for refractory glaucoma]J C Quintyn
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Charles Nicolle, Rouen
J Fr Ophtalmol 26:808-12. 2003To evaluate the effects of contact transscleral cyclophotocoagulation with neodymium YAG laser for refractory glaucoma.
- Relationship of AcrySof acrylic and PhacoFlex silicone intraocular lenses to visual acuity and posterior capsule opacificationMichael T Halpern
Exponent, Inc, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:662-9. 2002..To compare the changes in visual acuity and the development of posterior capsule opacification (PCO) with AcrySof acrylic intraocular lenses (IOLs) (Alcon Laboratories) and second-generation PhacoFlex silicone IOLs (Allergan )...
- Laser-assisted neuroendoscopy using a neodymium-yttrium aluminum garnet or diode contact laser with pretreated fiber tipsW P Vandertop
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurosurg 88:82-92. 1998..The authors have developed a special laser catheter for use in neuroendoscopy; the object of this paper is to present their experimental and clinical experiences using the catheter...
- Critical review of lasers in benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)Stavros Gravas
Department of Urology, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
BJU Int 107:1030-43. 2011..Various lasers have been introduced including neodymium: yttrium aluminium garnet (YAG), holmium (Ho):YAG, potassium titanyl phosphate:YAG, thulium(Tm) and diode laser...
- Primary posterior capsulorhexis with anterior vitrectomy in preventing posterior capsule opacification in pediatric cataract microsurgeryYi Luo
Department of Ophthalmology, Eye and ENT Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Microsurgery 28:113-6. 2008..The percentages of various complications and rate of neodymium YAG (Nd:YAG) laser capsulotomy were followed up for 12-36 months...
- Evaluation of short-term effects of rare earth and other elements used in magnesium alloys on primary cells and cell linesFrank Feyerabend
Department of Structural Research on Macromolecules, GKSS Research Centre, Institute for Materials Research, Max Planck Strasse 1, D 21502 Geesthacht, Germany
Acta Biomater 6:1834-42. 2010..Therefore in this study the in vitro cytotoxicity of the elements yttrium (Y), neodymium (Nd), dysprosium (Dy), praseodymium (Pr), gadolinium (Gd), lanthanum (La), cerium (Ce), europium (Eu), lithium (..
- Role of lasers and photodynamic therapy in the treatment of cutaneous malignancyS Karrer
Department of Dermatology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Am J Clin Dermatol 2:229-37. 2001..For these purposes, the carbon dioxide laser, the neodymium:yttrium aluminum garnet laser and the argon laser are particularly suitable...
- The role of mast cells in non-ablative laser resurfacing with 1,320 nm neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet laserYingbin Shang
Institute for Laser Medicine and Bio Photonics, School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai, 200240, China
Lasers Med Sci 25:371-7. 2010..The dorsal skin of Kunming (KM) mice was exposed to 1,320 nm neodymium-yttrium-aluminium garnet (Nd:YAG) laser weekly for four consecutive weeks...
- Randomized control trial for the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa with a neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet laserEmily Tierney
Center for Multicultural Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Dermatol Surg 35:1188-98. 2009..Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic suppurative condition for which there is limited efficacy of medical and surgical treatments...
- Effect of AcrySof versus silicone or polymethyl methacrylate intraocular lens on posterior capsule opacificationNi Li
Department of Ophthalmology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Ophthalmology 115:830-8. 2008..To investigate the effect of AcrySof intraocular lenses (IOLs) on the development of posterior capsule opacification (PCO) compared with silicone or polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) IOLs for patients with senile cataracts...
- Modulation by beta-aminopropionitrile of vessel luminal narrowing and structural abnormalities in arterial wall collagen in a rabbit model of conventional balloon angioplasty versus laser balloon angioplastyJ R Spears
Department of Medicine, Harper Hospital Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201
J Clin Invest 93:1543-53. 1994..balloon angioplasty (BA) and by contralateral balloon angioplasty accompanied by exposure to continuous wave neodymium: yttrium aluminum garnet laser radiation (LBA)...
- Krypton laser membranotomy in the treatment of dense premacular hemorrhageYung Jen Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan
Can J Ophthalmol 39:761-6. 2004b>Neodymium:YAG (Nd:YAG) laser and argon laser membranotomy have been used in patients with premacular hemorrhage to drain premacular blood into the vitreous cavity and rapidly clear the hemorrhage...
- Endoscopic neodymium:yttrium aluminium garnet (Nd:YAG) laser irradiation of a bladder hemangioma associated with Klippel-Weber syndromeM Kato
Department of Urology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Int J Urol 7:145-8. 2000A case of endoscopic neodymium:yttrium aluminium garnet (Nd:YAG) laser coagulation of a bladder hemangioma associated with Klippel-Weber syndrome is presented...
- Endovenous laser photocoagulation (EVLP) for varicose veinsCheng Jen Chang
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Lasers Surg Med 31:257-62. 2002..Results of laser photocoagulation of vascular anomalies have been encouraging. Applying these concepts of laser-tissue interactions, we developed a new method of treatment for varicose veins of the lower extremities...
- Potential applications of Erbium:YAG laser in periodonticsIsao Ishikawa
Section of Periodontology, Department of Hard Tissue Engineering, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
J Periodontal Res 39:275-85. 2004..As a result, numerous laser systems are currently available for oral use. Neodymium:Yttrium-Aluminum:Garnet (Nd:YAG), carbon dioxide (CO(2)) laser and the semiconductor Diode lasers have already ..
- Comparative studies of neodymium (III)-selective PVC membrane sensorsVinod K Gupta
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247 667, India
Anal Chim Acta 647:66-71. 2009..L2) are described for quantification of neodymium (III)...
- Comparison of long-term outcomes of selective laser trabeculoplasty versus argon laser trabeculoplasty in open-angle glaucomaMark S Juzych
Kresge Eye Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201 1423, USA
Ophthalmology 111:1853-9. 2004..To compare the long-term success rate of selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) versus argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT)...
- Brimonidine 0.15% versus apraclonidine 0.5% for prevention of intraocular pressure elevation after anterior segment laser surgeryTeresa C Chen
Harvard Medical School, Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Glaucoma Service, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:1707-12. 2005..To compare the efficacy and safety of brimonidine 0.15% with those of apraclonidine 0.5% in preventing intraocular pressure (IOP) elevations after anterior segment laser surgery...
- Outcome of phacoemulsification in patients with uveitisM A Elgohary
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London EC1V 2PD, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 91:916-21. 2007To examine the visual outcome and identify risk factors for postoperative uveitis, macular oedema and neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet (Nd:YAG) capsulotomy after phacoemulsification and intraocular lens (IOL) implantation in ..
- A prospective, randomized, double-blind, controlled clinical trial comparing laser-assisted lipoplasty with suction-assisted lipoplastyArturo Prado
Division of Plastic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Chile
Plast Reconstr Surg 118:1032-45. 2006The authors randomized and prospectively analyzed their clinical experience with the use of internal neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet low-level laser-assisted lipoplasty compared with suction-assisted lipoplasty.
- Evaluation of the furcation area permeability of deciduous molars treated by neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser or adhesiveCamila A B Guglielmi
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 2227, Sao Paulo, SP, 005508 000, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 25:873-80. 2010The purpose of this in vitro study was to compare the effects of a self-etch adhesive system and neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet (Nd:YAG) laser application on the dentinal permeability of the furcation area of primary molars...
- Impact of collateral damage to endourologic tools during laser lithotripsy--in vitro comparison of three different clinical laser systemsMarkus J Bader
Department of Urology, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Endourol 25:667-72. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare the amount of damage to a standard guidewire and the nitinol wires of endourologic retrieval baskets that were affected by three different clinically available laser systems...
- Efficient Ultraviolet Laser for Raman SpectroscopyDAVID GERSTENBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The 236nm ultraviolet light will be generated by frequency-quadrupling the 946nm output of a neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser...
- Synthesis via Metal-Catalyzed and Cationic CyclizationsTHOMAS STUART LIVINGHOUSE; Fiscal Year: 2010..of non-metallocene complexes of the group 3 metals (particularly yttrium, scandium, lanthanum, lutetium and neodymium) are versatile and highly selective catalysts for the intramolecular hydroamination of carbon-carbon multiple ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF AZADIRACHTINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is expected to impact the general areas of pharmaceutical and agricultural research, and infectious diseases in particular, through discoveries in synthetic organic chemistry and chemical biology. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Pediatric Thin-Film TiNi Catheter-Based Heart ValveDaniel Levi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase II studies will focus on accelerated wear testing, long-term in vivo animal testing, and manufacturing issues. ..
- Biomaterials as Decorporation Agents for RadionuclidesTATIANA LEVITSKAIA; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..