Genomes and Genes
Summary: Gadolinium. An element of the rare earth family of metals. It has the atomic symbol Gd, atomic number 64, and atomic weight 157.25. Its oxide is used in the control rods of some nuclear reactors.
Publications410 found, 100 shown here
- The use of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging to identify reversible myocardial dysfunctionR J Kim
Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute, and Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
N Engl J Med 343:1445-53. 2000..We hypothesized that the results of contrast-enhanced MRI can be used to predict whether regions of abnormal ventricular contraction will improve after revascularization in patients with coronary artery disease...
- Advanced methods for quantification of infarct size in mice using three-dimensional high-field late gadolinium enhancement MRISteffen Bohl
BHF Experimental MR Unit, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Univ of Oxford, Roosevelt Dr, Oxford, OX3 7BN, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1200-8. 2009..a fast, high-resolution method to directly measure infarct size in vivo using three-dimensional (3D) late gadolinium enhancement MRI (3D-LGE). Myocardial T1 relaxation was quantified at 9...
- Myocardial extravascular extracellular volume fraction measurement by gadolinium cardiovascular magnetic resonance in humans: slow infusion versus bolusErik B Schelbert
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:16. 2011..volume fraction (Ve) measures quantify diffuse fibrosis not readily detectable by conventional late gadolinium (Gd) enhancement (LGE)...
- Non-invasive evaluation of the myocardial substrate of cardiac amyloidosis by gadolinium cardiac magnetic resonanceE Perugini
Institute of Cardiology, University of Bologna, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Heart 92:343-9. 2006To investigate the prevalence and distribution of gadolinium (Gd) enhancement at cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging in patients with cardiac amyloidosis (CA) and to look for associations with clinical, morphological, and functional ..
- Prognostic value of late gadolinium enhancement in clinical outcomes for hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJohn J Green
Department of Medicine, Cardiology Division, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 5:370-7. 2012The objective of this study was to perform a systematic review and meta-analysis of the predictive value of late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) for future cardiovascular events and death in hypertrophic ..
- Frequency and severity of adverse effects of iodinated and gadolinium contrast materials: retrospective review of 456,930 dosesChristopher H Hunt
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:1124-7. 2009The purpose of this study was to determine the frequency and characteristics of adverse effects of low-osmolar iodinated and gadolinium contrast agents in a single-center experience with a large number of cases.
- Strategies for increasing the sensitivity of gadolinium based MRI contrast agentsPeter Caravan
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, 67 Rogers St, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Chem Soc Rev 35:512-23. 2006b>Gadolinium(III) complexes are often used in clinical MRI to increase contrast by selectively relaxing the water molecules near the complex...
- Incidence of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis after adoption of restrictive gadolinium-based contrast agent guidelinesYingbing Wang
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, FND 213B, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiology 260:105-11. 2011To retrospectively determine the incidence of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) in a large academic medical center after the adoption of restrictive gadolinium-based contrast agent (GBCA) administration guidelines.
- Late gadolinium enhancement of acute myocardial infarction in mice at 7T: cine-FLASH versus inversion recoveryAndrea Protti
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London British Heart Foundation Centre, London, United Kingdom
J Magn Reson Imaging 32:878-86. 2010To investigate myocardial infarction (MI), late gadolinium (Gd) enhancement (LGE), cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMRI) is used as the current gold standard for the in vivo diagnosis in patients and preclinical studies...
- Influence of molecular parameters and increasing magnetic field strength on relaxivity of gadolinium- and manganese-based T1 contrast agentsPeter Caravan
A A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital and Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, 149 Thirteenth St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 4:89-100. 2009..The field-dependent relaxivities of a panel of gadolinium and manganese complexes with different molecular parameters, water exchange rates, rotational correlation times, ..
- Molecular mechanism of pancreatic tumor metastasis inhibition by Gd@C82(OH)22 and its implication for de novo design of nanomedicineSeung gu Kang
Computational Biology Center, IBM Thomas J Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:15431-6. 2012..Our findings provide insights for de novo design of nanomedicines for fatal diseases such as pancreatic cancer...
- Successful and safe perfusion of the primate brainstem: in vivo magnetic resonance imaging of macromolecular distribution during infusionRussell R Lonser
Surgical Neurology Branch and Biomedical Engineering and Instrumentation Program, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosurg 97:905-13. 2002..The authors used convection-enhanced delivery (CED) of a macromolecular tracer visible on magnetic resonance (MR) imaging to examine the utility of CED for safe perfusion of the brainstem...
- Multivalent, high-relaxivity MRI contrast agents using rigid cysteine-reactive gadolinium complexesPraveena D Garimella
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 1460, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:14704-9. 2011MRI contrast agents providing very high relaxivity values can be obtained through the attachment of multiple gadolinium(III) complexes to the interior surfaces of genome-free viral capsids...
- Trimodal gadolinium-gold microcapsules containing pancreatic islet cells restore normoglycemia in diabetic mice and can be tracked by using US, CT, and positive-contrast MR imagingDian R Arifin
Division of MR Research, Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Ave, 217 Traylor, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Radiology 260:790-8. 2011..To develop microcapsules that immunoprotect pancreatic islet cells for treatment of type I diabetes and enable multimodal cellular imaging of transplanted islet cells...
- Gadonanotubes as magnetic nanolabels for stem cell detectionLesa A Tran
Department of Chemistry, Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, MS 60, P O Box 1892, Rice University, Houston, TX 77251 1892, USA
Biomaterials 31:9482-91. 2010..Here, we report the performance of gadolinium-containing carbon nanocapsules, or gadonanotubes (GNTs), as a new T₁-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) ..
- Blood-arachnoid barrier disruption in experimental rat meningitis detected using gadolinium-enhancement ratio imagingHiroyuki Ichikawa
Third Institute of New Drug Discovery, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tokushima 771 0192, Japan
Brain Res 1390:142-9. 2011..We have established a method by which the CNS barrier permeability can be demonstrated by the gadolinium-enhancement ratio (GER) calculated from the T₁ weighted image (T₁WI) which is based on gadolinium-enhanced ..
- Hybrid gold-gadolinium nanoclusters for tumor-targeted NIRF/CT/MRI triple-modal imaging in vivoDe Hong Hu
Guangdong Key Laboratory of Nanomedicine, Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Cancer Nanotechnology, Institute of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenzhen 518055, China
Nanoscale 5:1624-8. 2013..In this study, we prepared hybrid gold-gadolinium nanoclusters (NCs), which are ultrasmall, stable, biocompatible, and suitable for triple-modal NIRF/CT/MRI ..
- Paramagnetic ultrasmall gadolinium oxide nanoparticles as advanced T1 MRI contrast agent: account for large longitudinal relaxivity, optimal particle diameter, and in vivo T1 MR imagesJa Young Park
Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu, South Korea
ACS Nano 3:3663-9. 2009Paramagnetic ultrasmall gadolinium oxide (Gd(2)O(3)) nanoparticles with particle diameters (d) of approximately 1 nm were synthesized by using three kinds of Gd(III) ion precursors and by refluxing each of them in tripropylene glycol ..
- Effectiveness of late gadolinium enhancement to improve outcomes prediction in patients referred for cardiovascular magnetic resonance after echocardiographyTimothy C Wong
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:6. 2013..It is not known if cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) with late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) ordered during routine clinical practice in selected patients can add additional prognostic ..
- Comparative study of the physicochemical properties of six clinical low molecular weight gadolinium contrast agentsSophie Laurent
Department of General, Organic and Biomedical Chemistry, NMR and Molecular Imaging Laboratory, University of Mons Hainaut, 24 Avenue du Champ de Mars, B 7000 Mons, Belgium
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 1:128-37. 2006This paper compares the physicochemical properties of six low molecular weight clinical complexes of gadolinium studied under identical experimental conditions...
- Long-interval T2-weighted subtraction magnetic resonance imaging: a powerful new outcome measure in multiple sclerosis trialsBastiaan Moraal
Department of Radiology, MS Center Amsterdam, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Neurol 67:667-75. 2010To compare long-interval T2-weighted subtraction (T2w-Sub) imaging with monthly gadolinium-enhanced T1-weighted (Gd-T1w) imaging for (1) detection of active lesions, (2) assessment of treatment efficacy, and (3) statistical power, in a ..
- Gadolinium-doped silica nanoparticles encapsulating indocyanine green for near infrared and magnetic resonance imagingParvesh Sharma
Materials Science and Engineering and Particle Engineering Research Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 32611, USA
Small 8:2856-68. 2012..The described particles have the potential to act as theranostic agents by combining photodynamic therapy through the absorption of NIR irradiated light...
- Internalization pathways into cancer cells of gadolinium-based radiosensitizing nanoparticlesWael Rima
INSA Lyon, MATEIS CNRS UMR5510, 69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Biomaterials 34:181-95. 2013..In this context, we developed sub-5 nm gadolinium-based nanoparticles that possess in vitro efficient radiosensitizing effects at moderate concentration when ..
- Evaluation of 1H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy of breast cancer pre- and postgadolinium administrationBonnie N Joe
Abdominal Imaging, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0628, USA
Invest Radiol 40:405-11. 2005..We sought to evaluate spectroscopic measurements in breast cancer and compare variability in choline peak parameters related to contrast administration versus that inherent to repeated measurements...
- Gadolinium chelate coated gold nanoparticles as contrast agents for both X-ray computed tomography and magnetic resonance imagingChristophe Alric
Laboratoire de Physico Chimie des Materiaux Luminescents, UMR 5620 CNRS Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
J Am Chem Soc 130:5908-15. 2008..particles were obtained by encapsulating gold cores within a multilayered organic shell which is composed of gadolinium chelates bound to each other through disulfide bonds...
- Effects of gadolinium chloride (GdCl(3)) on the appearance of macrophage populations and fibrogenesis in thioacetamide-induced rat hepatic lesionsM Ide
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Biological Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Gakuencho 1 1, Sakai, Osaka 599 8531, Japan
J Comp Pathol 133:92-102. 2005..Decreased numbers of macrophages may contribute to improvement of hepatic fibrosis...
- Comparison of human TRPC3 channels in receptor-activated and store-operated modes. Differential sensitivity to channel blockers suggests fundamental differences in channel compositionMohamed Trebak
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, NIEHS, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21617-23. 2002..The distinct action of these inhibitors on hTRPC3-mediated cation entry in these two cell types may result from their different modes of activation and may also reflect differences in basic channel structure...
- Gadolinium loaded nanoparticles in theranostic magnetic resonance imagingYongjun Liu
School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shandong University, Ji Nan, People s Republic of China
Biomaterials 33:5363-75. 2012..Theranostic agents are essential for the usage of theranostic MRI. Among different kinds of theranostic agents, gadolinium loaded nanoparticles (GdNPs) are one of the most promising theranostic agents which are very promising in ..
- Geometrical confinement of gadolinium-based contrast agents in nanoporous particles enhances T1 contrastJeyarama S Ananta
Department of Chemistry, Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, Center for Biological and Environmental Nanotechnology, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77251 1892, USA
Nat Nanotechnol 5:815-21. 2010..These relaxivity values are about 4 to 50 times larger than those of clinically available gadolinium-based agents (∼ 4 mM(-1) s(-1)/Gd(3+) ion)...
- Short-echo time proton MR spectroscopy in the presence of gadoliniumA P Lin
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Unit, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA 91105, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 25:705-12. 2001..02). CONCLUSION: Proton MRS with TE of 30 ms may safely be used in combined contrast-enhanced MRI/MRS protocols. Further study is required with long-TE MRS because of the prolonged T2 of Cho...
- The interaction of MS-325 with human serum albumin and its effect on proton relaxation ratesPeter Caravan
EPIX Medical, Inc, 71 Rogers Street, Cambridge, MA 02142 1118, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:3152-62. 2002..0 x 10(8) s(-1) bound vs 1.1 x 10(9) s(-1) free) and an increase in the inner-sphere water residency time (tau(m) = 170 +/- 40 ns bound vs 69 +/- 20 ns free)...
- Comparison of cell uptake, biodistribution and tumor retention of folate-coated and PEG-coated gadolinium nanoparticles in tumor-bearing miceMoses O Oyewumi
Center for Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, 907 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0082, USA
J Control Release 95:613-26. 2004..studies was to compare the cell uptake, biodistribution and tumor retention of folate-coated and PEG-coated gadolinium (Gd) nanoparticles. Gd is a potential agent for neutron capture therapy (NCT) of tumors...
- Cutaneous changes of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: predictor of early mortality and association with gadolinium exposureDerrick J Todd
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:3433-41. 2007..Little is known about its prevalence or etiology. The aim of this study was to establish the prevalence of NSF and associated risk factors..
- Stability of gadolinium-based magnetic resonance imaging contrast agents in human serum at 37 degrees CThomas Frenzel
Bayer Schering Pharma, Berlin, Germany
Invest Radiol 43:817-28. 2008Assessment of the complex stability and Gd3+ dissociation rate of all marketed gadolinium-based MRI contrast agents (GBCA) in human serum at pH 7.4 and 37 degrees C.
- Risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: evaluation of gadolinium chelate contrast agents at four American universitiesRebecca Wertman
School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 101 Manning Dr, CB 7510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7510, USA
Radiology 248:799-806. 2008To retrospectively determine the benchmark incidence of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) related to the confirmed use of different gadolinium chelate contrast agents at four U.S. university tertiary care centers.
- Mesoporous silica nanospheres as highly efficient MRI contrast agentsKathryn M L Taylor
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:2154-5. 2008
- Relationship between intended sites of RF ablation and post-procedural scar in AF patients, using late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonanceJason E Taclas
Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Heart Rhythm 7:489-96. 2010..The cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) technique can detect scar after ablation...
- Hybrid gadolinium oxide nanoparticles: multimodal contrast agents for in vivo imagingJean Luc Bridot
Laboratoire de Physico Chimie des Materiaux Luminescents, UMR 5620 CNRS Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
J Am Chem Soc 129:5076-84. 2007..Moreover these particles can be followed up by fluorescence imaging. This study revealed that these particles suited for dual modality imaging freely circulate in the blood vessels without undesirable accumulation in lungs and liver...
- Biodistribution of gadolinium-based contrast agents, including gadolinium depositionSilvio Aime
Department of Chemistry IFM and Molecular Imaging Center, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
J Magn Reson Imaging 30:1259-67. 2009The biodistribution of approved gadolinium (Gd)-based contrast agents (GBCAs) is reviewed. After intravenous injection GBCAs distribute in the blood and the extracellular space and transiently through the excretory organs...
- Dynamic changes of edema and late gadolinium enhancement after acute myocardial infarction and their relationship to functional recovery and salvage indexErica Dall'Armellina
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:228-36. 2011..We investigated changes in edema and late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) with serial imaging early after acute myocardial infarction, relating these to global and ..
- Comparison of magnetic properties of MRI contrast media solutions at different magnetic field strengthsMartin Rohrer
Global Business Unit Diagnostic Imaging, Schering AG, Berlin, Germany
Invest Radiol 40:715-24. 2005..47 T to 4.7 T at physiological temperatures in water and in plasma. Relaxivities also were quantified in whole blood at 1.5 T...
- CMR assessment of endothelial damage and angiogenesis in porcine coronary arteries using gadofosvesetSteen F Pedersen
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery T, Aarhus University Hospital Skejby, Aarhus N, Denmark
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:10. 2011..We sought to examine whether contrast enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) using gadofosveset could show endothelial damage and neovessel formation in balloon injured porcine coronary arteries...
- Gadolinium in pediatric cardiovascular magnetic resonance: what we know and how we practiceHoward Meng
The Labatt Family Heart Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 1X8, Canada
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:56. 2012The association of gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs) with nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) has led to a heightened awareness towards patients' renal function...
- In vivo quantitative assessment of cell viability of gadolinium or iron-labeled cells using MRI and bioluminescence imagingJamal Guenoun
Department of Radiology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 8:165-74. 2013..These findings clearly indicate Gd to be the favourable contrast agent in qualitative and quantitative evaluation of labeled cell fate in future cell therapy experiments...
- Gadolinium-based contrast agents and NSF: evidence from animal experienceMartin A Sieber
Diagnostic Imaging Research, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Berlin, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 30:1268-76. 2009..injury, proinflammatory state, the administration of high doses of erythropoietin, and more recently the use of gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs)...
- Macrophages contribute to the cellular uptake of von Willebrand factor and factor VIII in vivoCarina J van Schooten
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 112:1704-12. 2008..Chemical inactivation of macrophages using gadolinium chloride resulted in doubling of endogenous FVIII levels in VWF-null mice, and of VWF levels in wild-type mice...
- Endolymphatic hydrops revealed by intravenous gadolinium injection in patients with Ménière's diseaseTsutomu Nakashima
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 130:338-43. 2010Visualization of endolymphatic hydrops became possible after intravenous gadolinium (Gd) injection in patients with Ménière's disease.
- Characterization of radiofrequency ablation lesions with gadolinium-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance imagingTimm Dickfeld
Division of Cardiology, Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:370-8. 2006This study was designed to evaluate the characteristics of gadolinium-enhanced imaging of radiofrequency ablations.
- "Soap-Bubble" visualization and quantitative analysis of 3D coronary magnetic resonance angiogramsAlex Etienne
Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Magn Reson Med 48:658-66. 2002..The first results obtained in healthy adults and in patients with coronary artery disease are presented...
- Allergic-like breakthrough reactions to gadolinium contrast agents after corticosteroid and antihistamine premedicationJonathan R Dillman
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5030, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:187-90. 2008The objective of our study was to determine the number and severity of allergic-like breakthrough reactions to i.v. gadolinium-containing contrast agents in children and adults after premedication with corticosteroids and antihistamines.
- B-cell depletion with rituximab in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisStephen L Hauser
Department of Neurology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
N Engl J Med 358:676-88. 2008..There is increasing evidence that B lymphocytes are involved in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis, and they may be a therapeutic target. Rituximab, a monoclonal antibody, selectively targets and depletes CD20+ B lymphocytes...
- A tripodal ruthenium-gadolinium metallostar as a potential α(v)β(3) integrin specific bimodal imaging contrast agentPeter Verwilst
University of Leuven, Department of Chemistry, Celestijnenlaan 200F P O Box 2404, B 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Inorg Chem 51:6405-11. 2012..The potential application as a selective MRI contrast agent for α(v)β(3)-integrin expressing tissues is shown by an in vitro relaxometric analysis, as well as an in vitroT(1)-weighted MR image...
- Three-dimensional late gadolinium enhancement imaging of the left atrium with a hybrid radial acquisition and compressed sensingGanesh Adluru
UCAIR, Department of Radiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA CARMA, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:1465-71. 2011To develop and test a hybrid radial (stack of stars) acquisition and compressed sensing reconstruction for efficient late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) imaging of the left atrium.
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis and class labeling of gadolinium-based contrast agents by the Food and Drug AdministrationLucie Yang
Office of New Drugs, United States Food and Drug Administration, 10903 New Hampshire Ave, Building 22, Room 2335, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Radiology 265:248-53. 2012In 2007, the Food and Drug Administration requested that manufacturers of all approved gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs), drugs widely used in magnetic resonance imaging, use nearly identical text in their product labeling to ..
- Gadolinium magnetic resonance contrast agents produce analytic interference in multiple serum assaysKerry A S Proctor
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 121:282-92. 2004b>Gadolinium magnetic resonance contrast agents are known to interfere with some clinical chemistry tests, particularly colorimetric assays for serum calcium...
- Controlled intracellular self-assembly of gadolinium nanoparticles as smart molecular MR contrast agentsChun Yan Cao
CAS Key Laboratory of Soft Matter Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, 96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, Anhui 230026, China
Sci Rep 3:1024. 2013..Under the action of furin, 1 condenses to form dimers (1-Ds) and the latter self-assemble into gadolinium nanparticles (Gd-NPs). Relaxivity of 1-D is more than 2 folds of those of 1 and magnevist at 1.5 T, and 1...
- Determination of gadolinium-based MRI contrast agents in biological and environmental samples: a reviewLena Telgmann
University of Munster, Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Munster, Germany
Anal Chim Acta 764:1-16. 2013The development of analytical methods and strategies to determine gadolinium and its complexes in biological and environmental matrices is evaluated in this review...
- Hepatic ischemia-reperfusion induces renal heme oxygenase-1 via NF-E2-related factor 2 in rats and miceYuji Tanaka
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
Mol Pharmacol 71:817-25. 2007..Kupffer cell depletion by pretreating with gadolinium chloride 1) attenuated increased mRNA expression of HO-1 in kidney; 2) attenuated the increase in TNFalpha; 3) ..
- Intra- and interreader reproducibility of magnetic resonance imaging for quantifying the lipid-rich necrotic core is improved with gadolinium contrast enhancementNorihide Takaya
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:203-10. 2006..the hypothesis that intra- and interreader reproducibility for measuring the lipid-rich necrotic core (LR-NC) size is significantly improved with gadolinium (Gd) contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (CEMRI) compared to non-CEMRI.
- Gadolinium-based contrast agents for magnetic resonance cancer imagingZhuxian Zhou
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Nanomed Nanobiotechnol 5:1-18. 2013..MRI contrast agents (CA) have been routinely used for detecting tumor at an early stage. Gadolinium-based CA are the most commonly used CA in clinical MRI...
- Predictive value of gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for relapse rate and changes in disability or impairment in multiple sclerosis: a meta-analysis. Gadolinium MRI Meta-analysis GroupL Kappos
Department of Neurology, Kantonsspital, Basel, Switzerland
Lancet 353:964-9. 1999Reliable prognostic factors are lacking for multiple sclerosis (MS). Gadolinium enhancement in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the brain detects with high sensitivity disturbance of the blood-brain barrier, an early event in the ..
- ESUR guideline: gadolinium-based contrast media and nephrogenic systemic fibrosisHenrik S Thomsen
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
Eur Radiol 17:2692-6. 2007
- Vascularity assessment of breast lesions with gadolinium-enhanced MR imagingN M Hylton
Magnetic Resonance Science Center, Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143-1290, USA
Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am 9:321-32, vi. 2001b>Gadolinium-enhanced MR imaging of the breast can be used to characterize both tumor morphology and vascularity...
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: a systemic fibrosing disease resulting from gadolinium exposureElana J Bernstein
Rheumatology Division, Hospital for Special Surgery, and Department of Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical College New York, NY 10021, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 26:489-503. 2012..fibrosing disorder that primarily affects individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD) following exposure to gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs) during imaging procedures...
- Late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance of the systemic right ventricle in adults with previous atrial redirection surgery for transposition of the great arteriesSonya V Babu-Narayan
Adult Congenital Heart Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Circulation 111:2091-8. 2005..Myocardial fibrosis can be visualized by late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR)...
- Targeted dual-contrast T1- and T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging of tumors using multifunctional gadolinium-labeled superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticlesHong Yang
The Key Laboratory of Resource Chemistry of ministry of Education, College of Life and Environmental Science, Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai, PR China
Biomaterials 32:4584-93. 2011..The amine-functionalized Fe(3)O(4)@SiO(2) NPs enabled the covalent conjugation of a paramagnetic gadolinium complex (Gd-DTPA, DTPA: diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid) and an arginine-glycine-aspartic acid (RGD) peptide ..
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis associated with gadolinium based contrast agents: a summary of the medical literature reportingDale R Broome
Department of Radiology, Loma Loma University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Eur J Radiol 66:230-4. 2008..case reports and case series have reported a very strong association of this disease with exposure to gadolinium-based contrast agents (Gd-CA) for MR imaging in the setting of severe or end-stage renal disease...
- Diffusion-weighted MRI (DWI) in the oncology patient: value of breathhold DWI compared to unenhanced and gadolinium-enhanced MRIRussell N Low
Children s MRI Center, San Diego, California 92123, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 25:848-58. 2007..To evaluate the feasibility and added value of single breathhold diffusion-weighted (DW) imaging (DWI) in oncology patients undergoing abdominal MRI...
- Breast reconstruction with deep inferior epigastric artery perforator flap: 3.0-T gadolinium-enhanced MR imaging for preoperative localization of abdominal wall perforatorsVictoria Chernyak
Departments of Radiology and Plastic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Radiology 250:417-24. 2009To prospectively evaluate 3.0-T gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging for localization of inferior epigastric artery (IEA) perforators before reconstructive breast surgery involving a deep inferior epigastric perforator (..
- Prevalence and distribution of late gadolinium enhancement in a large population of patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: effect of age and left ventricular systolic functionKan N Hor
Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:107. 2013..We previously identified myocardial disease by late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) in DMD subjects at various stages of disease, but the true prevalence is unclear...
- Gadolinium attenuates exercise pressor reflex in catsS G Hayes
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Departments of Internal Medicine and Human Physiology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H2153-61. 2001..To determine this role, we examined the effect of gadolinium, which blocks mechanosensitive channels, on the exercise pressor reflex in both decerebrate and alpha-chloralose-..
- EP-2104R: a fibrin-specific gadolinium-Based MRI contrast agent for detection of thrombusKirsten Overoye-Chan
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, 4 Maguire Road, Lexington, Massachusetts 02421, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:6025-39. 2008..4 per Gd), about 25 times higher than that of GdDOTA measured under the same conditions. Strong fibrin binding, fibrin selectivity, and high molecular relaxivity enable EP-2104R to detect blood clots in vivo...
- Differentiation of heart failure related to dilated cardiomyopathy and coronary artery disease using gadolinium-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonanceJ A McCrohon
Center for Advanced MR in Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Circulation 108:54-9. 2003..We evaluated cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) for the problem of differentiating dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) from left ventricular (LV) dysfunction caused by coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Canine model of convection-enhanced delivery of liposomes containing CPT-11 monitored with real-time magnetic resonance imaging: laboratory investigationPeter J Dickinson
Department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, Tupper Hall, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Neurosurg 108:989-98. 2008..Additionally any possible toxicity of liposomes containing Gd and the chemotherapeutic agent irinotecan (CPT-11) was assessed following direct intraparenchymal delivery...
- Silica microparticles as a solid support for gadolinium phosphonate magnetic resonance imaging contrast agentsAlexandra K Duncan
Department of Chemistry, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, United States
J Am Chem Soc 134:8046-9. 2012..The large surface areas allowed many Gd(III) ions to be chelated, leading to per-particle relaxivities of 3.3 × 10(7) mM(-1) s(-1), which is the largest value measured for a biologically suitable particle...
- Impacts of fullerene derivatives on regulating the structure and assembly of collagen moleculesXiaohui Yin
CAS Key Laboratory for Biomedical Effects of Nanomaterials and Nanosafety, Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences CAS, Beijing 100049, China
Nanoscale 5:7341-8. 2013..Compared to C60(OH)24, the interaction of Gd@C82(OH)22 with collagen is stronger, resulting in particular biomedical effects for regulating the biophysical properties of collagen fibrils. ..
- Risk of acute kidney injury after exposure to gadolinium-based contrast in patients with renal impairmentChih Chiang Chien
Department of Nephrology, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Ren Fail 33:758-64. 2011b>Gadolinium-based contrast media (Gd-CM) are reported to induce acute kidney injury (AKI) in a high-risk population group at the usual dose for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) examinations...
- Reperfused myocardial infarction as seen with use of necrosis-specific versus standard extracellular MR contrast media in ratsM Saeed
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco 94143 0628, USA
Radiology 213:247-57. 1999To measure the difference in size of reperfused myocardial infarction with necrosis-specific (bis-gadolinium-mesoporphyrin [hereafter, mesoporphyrin]) and standard extracellular (gadopentetate dimeglumine) magnetic resonance (MR) contrast ..
- Risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in liver transplantation patientsDaniel S Chow
Department of Radiological Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7437, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 197:658-62. 2011The purpose of our study was to evaluate the exposure of our institution's liver transplantation population to gadolinium-based contrast agents and assess the rate of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) within this unique group.
- In an animal model nephrogenic systemic fibrosis cannot be induced by intraperitoneal injection of high-dose gadolinium based contrast agentsR D Langer
Medicine and Health Sciences FMHS, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Eur J Radiol 81:2562-7. 2012Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) has been reported in humans to be most likely induced by gadolinium based contrast agents (GBCA), namely by gadodiamide, gadopentetate dimeglumine, and gadoversetamide, rarely by other GBCA...
- Gadolinium-based contrast media may be nephrotoxic even at approved dosesHenrik S Thomsen
Department of Diagnostic Radiology 54E2, Copenhagen University Hospital at Herlev, Herlev Ringvej 75, 2730 Herlev, Denmark
Eur Radiol 14:1654-6. 2004It is generally believed that gadolinium-based contrast media are not nephrotoxic at the approved doses for MR (<0.3 mmol/kg body weight)...
- A small MRI contrast agent library of gadolinium(III)-encapsulated supramolecular nanoparticles for improved relaxivity and sensitivityKuan Ju Chen
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, California NanoSystems Institute CNSI, Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging CIMI, University of California, Los Angeles, 570 Westwood Plaza, Building 114, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1770, USA
Biomaterials 32:2160-5. 2011..a new category of nanoparticle-based T(1) MRI contrast agents (CAs) by encapsulating paramagnetic chelated gadolinium(III), i.e...
- Incidence of immediate gadolinium contrast media reactionsMartin R Prince
Department of Radiology, Cornell and Columbia Universities, 416 East 55th Street, New York, NY 10022, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 196:W138-43. 2011Our objective was to determine the incidence of immediate adverse events for gadolinium-based contrast agents.
- Toxic effects of mercury, lead and gadolinium on vascular reactivityD V Vassallo
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Fisiológicas, Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Vitoria, ES, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 44:939-46. 2011..Over the last 50 years, the adverse effects of chronic lead, mercury and gadolinium exposure have been underscored...
- Persistent activation of dermal fibroblasts from patients with gadolinium-associated nephrogenic systemic fibrosisSonsoles Piera-Velazquez
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:2017-23. 2010Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) is a systemic fibrotic disorder occurring in some patients with renal insufficiency after exposure to gadolinium-based contrast agents (GdBCA).
- In vitro cellular accumulation of gadolinium incorporated into chitosan nanoparticles designed for neutron-capture therapy of cancerFutoshi Shikata
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and High Technology Research Center, Kobe Gakuin University, Arise 518, Ikawadani cho, Nishi ku, Kobe 651 2180, Japan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 53:57-63. 2002The accumulation of gadolinium loaded as gadopentetic acid (Gd-DTPA) in chitosan nanoparticles (Gd-nanoCPs), which were designed for gadolinium neutron-capture therapy (Gd-NCT) for cancer, was evaluated in vitro in cultured cells...
- Interaction of gadolinium-based MR contrast agents with choline: implications for MR spectroscopy (MRS) of the breastRobert E Lenkinski
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Magn Reson Med 61:1286-92. 2009..The implicit assumption made in this approach is that the presence of gadolinium-based contrast agents will have a negligible effect on the MR spectra obtained from the lesion...
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis, gadolinium, and iron mobilizationSundararaman Swaminathan
N Engl J Med 357:720-2. 2007
- Multifunctional gadolinium-based dendritic macromolecules as liver targeting imaging probesKui Luo
National Engineering Research Center for Biomaterials, Sichuan University, 29 Wangjiang Road, Chengdu 610064, China
Biomaterials 32:2575-85. 2011..The gadolinium (Gd) based dendritic macromolecules, with precise and tunable nanoscopic sizes, are excellent candidates as ..
- Gadolinium-based contrast media compared with iodinated media for digital subtraction angiography in azotaemic patientsChristiane M Erley
University of Tubingen, Department of Internal Medicine, Section for Nephrology and Hypertension, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2526-31. 2004To determine whether gadolinium-based contrast media (CM) could be used safely for angiographies in patients with renal dysfunction we investigated renal function after gadobutrol exposure and compared the results with standard iodinated ..
- Imaging of gadolinium spatial distribution in tumor tissue by laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometryNazila Kamaly
Imaging Sciences Department, Metabolic and Molecular Imaging Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Center, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London W120NN, UK
Mol Imaging Biol 12:361-6. 2010Laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) was utilized in postmortem imaging of gadolinium (Gd) spatial distribution in a mouse tumor model postadministration of PEGylated Gd liposomal nanoparticles.
- Gadolinium chloride blocks alcohol-dependent liver toxicity in rats treated chronically with intragastric alcohol despite the induction of CYP2E1D R Koop
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Mol Pharmacol 51:944-50. 1997..Destruction of the Kupffer cells with gadolinium chloride (GdCl3) prevented the development of ethanol-dependent pathology and decreased the production of ..
- Effect of different classes of gadolinium-based contrast agents on control and nephrogenic systemic fibrosis-derived fibroblast proliferationMichael Edward
Section of Dermatology, Division of Cancer Sciences, and Glasgow Cardiovascular Centre, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland
Radiology 256:735-43. 2010To determine the ability of different types of gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs) to stimulate fibroblast proliferation in monolayer cell culture.
- Whole-heart coronary magnetic resonance angiography with MS-325 (Gadofosveset)Sebastian Kelle
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Germany
Med Sci Monit 13:CR469-474. 2007..The aim of the study was to evaluate the feasibility of whole-heart contrast-enhanced MRCA using the intravascular contrast agent gadofosveset, formerly known as MS-325...
- Protein-targeted gadolinium-based magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) contrast agents: design and mechanism of actionPeter Caravan
A A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Acc Chem Res 42:851-62. 2009..MRI contrast agents are bifunctional molecules comprising a protein-targeting moiety and typically one or more gadolinium chelates for detection by MRI...
- Gadolinium chloride pretreatment prevents cadmium chloride-induced liver damage in both wild-type and MT-null miceEric B Harstad
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, 66160 7140
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 180:178-85. 2002..b>Gadolinium chloride (GdCl3) may prevent Cd-induced hepatotoxicity by suppressing Kupffer cells...
- Efficiency, thermodynamic and kinetic stability of marketed gadolinium chelates and their possible clinical consequences: a critical reviewMarc Port
Guerbet, Research Division, Aulnay sous Bois, France
Biometals 21:469-90. 2008b>Gadolinium-based contrast agents are widely used to enhance image contrast in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures...
- Induction of the expression of profibrotic cytokines and growth factors in normal human peripheral blood monocytes by gadolinium contrast agentsPeter J Wermuth
Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:1508-18. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of gadolinium diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid bismethylamide (Gd[DTPA-BMA]; Omniscan) as compared with Gd-DTPA and GdCl3 on ..
- Europium-doped gadolinium sulfide nanoparticles as a dual-mode imaging agent for T1-weighted MR and photoluminescence imagingJongjin Jung
Research Center for Convergence Nanotechnolgy, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology, Daejeon 305 600, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 33:5865-74. 2012We present a facile synthesis of europium-doped gadolinium sulfide (GdS:Eu(3+)) opto-magnetic nanoparticles (NPs) via sonochemistry...
- Renal safety of gadolinium-based contrast media in patients with chronic renal insufficiencyElena Ledneva
Information Conseil Adaptation Renal, Department of Nephrology, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Radiology 250:618-28. 2009..However, the pathophysiology of CIN is complex and not fully understood. Gadolinium chelates, originally introduced as intravenous CM for magnetic resonance imaging and regarded as nonnephrotoxic, ..
- Detection of a family of gadolinium-containing endohedral fullerenes and the isolation and crystallographic characterization of one member as a metal-carbide encapsulated inside a large fullerene cageHua Yang
Zhejiang California International Nanosystems Institute, Department of Chemistry, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
J Am Chem Soc 130:17296-300. 2008A series of di-gadolinium endohedrals that extends from Gd(2)C(90) to Gd(2)C(124) has been detected by mass spectrometry of the o-dichlorobenzene extract of the carbon soot produced by direct current arcing of graphite rods filled with a ..
- Chymase-Mediated MMP Activation in Ishemia Reperfusion InjuryLOUIS JOSEPH DELL'ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with tissue tagging and gadolinium perfusion will be performed at 2 days and 7 days after I/R injury...
- Delivery issues in lung cancer CNS metastasesEdward A Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2013..blood pool agent ferumoxytol provides a measure of tumor blood volume while dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI with gadolinium-based contrast agents provides measures of vascular permeability and contrast distribution...
- Steroid-Based Contrast Agents for Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Endocrine DiseaseThomas J Meade; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is the hypothesis of this grant proposal that gadolinium(III) conjugated hormone-based contrast agents can target and accumulate in hormone receptor positive cells to ..
- Development of New Molecular Probes for Diagnostic Imaging of AtherosclerosisKAREN CATHERIN BRILEY SAEBO; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have reported that oxLDL targeted gadolinium (Gd) micelles may be used for in vivo MR detection of oxidation-rich plaques in murine models of atherosclerosis...
- Volumetric Perfusion MRI of Liver Tumors to Detect Early Response to ChemotherapyScott B Reeder; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dynamic contrast enhanced perfusion imaging with MRI after the bolus injection of Gadolinium based contrast agents, is a safe, accurate and well-established method for characterizing blood flow (perfusion) ..
- Multifunctional nanoformulations for diagnostic imaging of atherosclerosisAlexander B Sigalov; Fiscal Year: 2012..Contrast agents such as gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs) are often used in cardiovascular MR imaging to enhance contrast between tissues...
- Tumor -Targeting Chemotherapeutic AgentsIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2013..For that purpose, drug conjugates with ultra-short SWNTs encapsulating gadolinium ions as well as [11C]-labeled warheads will be synthesized...
- HCMR Novel Markers of Prognosis in Hypertrophic CardiomyopathyStefan Neubauer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Late gadolinium enhancement by CMR is a marker of focal myocardial fibrosis which is thought to underlie the arrhythmogenic ..
- Monitoring of Stem Cell Engraftment in Arthritic Joints with MR ImagingHEIKE ELIZABETH DALDRUP-LINK; Fiscal Year: 2013..period, we have established labeling techniques for stem cell transplants with iron oxide nanoparticles and gadolinium chelates, and we have defined distinct signal characteristics of labeled viable and apoptotic MASI...
- Brain Tumor-Penetrating Nanoparticle Delivery with MR-Guided Focused UltrasoundRichard J Price; Fiscal Year: 2013..parallel with Aim 1, we will determine FUS pressure thresholds for safe and reversible MR-guided BBB opening to gadolinium in intracranial 9L rat brain tumors as a function of MB diameter...
- Multimodal imaging of antibody-mediated therapy during acute viral encephalitidesWilliam Paul Duprex; Fiscal Year: 2013..an intravenously delivered existing rhMAb that has been conjugated to fluorescent dyes or the MRI-contrast agent gadolinium. Concurrently, JEV-specific rhMAbs will be generated, purified, derivatized, delivered and visualized using the ..
- Preclinical Efficacy And Safety Evaluation Of Graphene Nanoparticle-based MagnetiBalaji Sitharaman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Exogenous chemicals called contrast agents (CAs) synthesized using the elements iodine and gadolinium has been widely employed to improve the diagnostic confidence of CT and MRI, respectively...
- PET Imaging of Pulmonary FibrosisPETER D CARAVAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Overproduction of type I collagen is a hallmark of fibrosis. We have previously used this peptide conjugated to gadolinium for MR imaging of cardiac and liver fibrosis...
- Molecular Combinatorial Therapy of Glioblastoma MultiformeWaldemar Debinski; Fiscal Year: 2013..With regard to recombinant cytotoxins'delivery to GBM, it was demonstrated that using gadolinium and labeled human serum albumin (HSA) a faithful monitoring of drug distribution through CED can be obtained...
- Optimization of Efficacy and Safety Pharamacology of Fibrosis Imaging Agent CM-65ANDREW FRANCIS KOLODZIEJ; Fiscal Year: 2013..image liver fibrosis into the clinic by further optimizing and developing our advanced prototype probe, CM-65, a gadolinium (Gd)-based magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) contrast agent that binds specifically to type I collagen to image ..
- Multi-parameter CMR of post-MI Left Ventricular Remodeling in Gene Modified MiceBrent A French; Fiscal Year: 2013..by T1 mapping of Gd-liposomes, regional perfusion by first-pass kinetics and infarct size/location by late gadolinium enhanced (LGE) CMR...
- Evaluation of HCC Response to Systemic Therapy with Quantitative MRIBachir Taouli; Fiscal Year: 2013..diffusion MRI: IVIM DWI), BOLD (blood oxygen level dependent) MRI and perfusion-weighted imaging (PWI, using gadolinium contrast) to be used as non invasive markers of major histopathologic features of HCC (grade, aggressiveness, ..
- Injectable reporters to image tumors and guide resectionRoger Y Tsien; Fiscal Year: 2013..The MRI agents are activatable cell penetrating peptides (ACPPs) conjugated to dendrimers bearing gadolinium chelates...
- Targeted Photoactivable Nanocells: Image-based Drug Delivery and Dosimetry in GBMBrian W Pogue; Fiscal Year: 2013..PDT agent (benzoporphyrin derivatve, BPD), a biologic agent, Avastin and a surface conjugated MRI contrast agent Gadolinium-DTPA (Gd-DTPA)...
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF): A Rodent Model for Therapeutic InterventionWassana Yantasee; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a progressive, debilitating disease with increased morbidity and mortality and has been linked to exposure to gadolinium (Gd) based contrast agents used in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)...
- A Controlled Trial of CBT for Multiple Sclerosis InflammationDavid I Daikh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, we have shown that non-traumatic SLEs increase the risk of the subsequent appearance of new gadolinium enhancing (Gd+) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) brain lesions, an early marker of MS inflammation and blood-..
- A Novel Magnetic Resonance Imaging Marker of Myocardial FibrosisMichael Jerosch-Herold; Fiscal Year: 2013..cardiac T1 imaging, and the estimation of the myocardial partition coefficient for an extracellular gadolinium-based contrast agent (;Gd)...
- Novel Tools for Evaluation and Prediction of Radiotherapy Response in IndividualKristin R Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2013..This involves a gross but necessary assumption that medical imaging such as T1-weighted, gadolinium enhanced, T2-weighted MRI and PET imaging techniques directly correlate with disease distribution and biology...
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Bound and Free Water in Cortical BoneJiang Du; Fiscal Year: 2013..The UTE approach may detect the effect of Gadolinium chelates within cortical bone and study its perfusion at high resolution...
- Amino acid neurotransmitter sensors for MRIAlan Jasanoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..Sensors will be formed by modifying a family of amino acid binding proteins with gadolinium chelating groups...
- High resolution 3D diffusion-weighted breast MRIBruce L Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Unfortunately, intravenous gadolinium-based contrast agents substantially increase the costs and potential risks of MRI...
- Middle cerebral artery stroke: Non-contrast MR screening of high-risk plaqueChun Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Imaging (MRI) protocols, though effective, are limited by long scan times, small coverage and dependence on gadolinium contrast...
- Inflammation and Knee OsteoarthritisCora E Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will perform gadolinium contrast enhanced MRIs in a subgroup to improve visualization of the synovium...
- Developing New Multicolor Polypeptide MR Contrast Agents for Stem Cell TrackingMichael T McMahon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Previous cell tracking studies have employed agents containing iron oxide, gadolinium or other metals to generate contrast by influencing the relaxation time of water protons...
- A Combination Trial of Copaxone Plus Estriol in RRMSRhonda R Voskuhl; Fiscal Year: 2013..that treatment of 6 RRMS subjects with oral estriol for six months resulted in a significant (80%) reduction in gadolinium enhancing lesions on serial brain MRIs, caused a favorable shift in cytokine production by immune cells and ..
- Research for Adverse Drug-Events and ReportsDENNIS PAUL WEST; Fiscal Year: 2010Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF) is a disabling dermatologic adverse drug reaction associated with Gadolinium Containing Chelating Agents (GCCAs)...
- Nanoplatform Delivery of MDA-7 and Brachytherapy for Treatment of Brain TumorsMichael D Shultz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The functionalized gadolinium metallofullerene (f- Gd3N@C80) nanoparticles will be surface modified to carry both a highly stable 177Lu ..
- Imaging Vascular PhosphatidylethanolamineMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..proposed to: 1) Synthesize and characterize Duramycin-derived PE-specific molecular probes, in particular, the gadolinium-labeled T1 agents for high-resolution, target-specific MRI...
- In Vivo Early Detection of Cartilage Degeneration Using High Field MRIXiaojuan Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tip values will also be compared with TZrelaxation time and post-contrast TI relaxation time with delayed Gadolinium Enhanced MRI of Cartilage (dGEMRIC)...
- Novel Accelerated Contrast-Enhanced High Resolution Coronary MRIMehmet Akçakaya; Fiscal Year: 2013..abnormality, myocardial CMR perfusion for diagnosing perfusion defects, viability assessment using late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) for evaluation of acute and chronic myocardial infarction, and coronary MRI for the ..
- BIOMEDICAL APPLICATIONS OF EXPANDED PORPHYRINSAlan B Watts; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is focused on the use of gadolinium(III) texaphyrin cores as carriers to bring Pt agents directly to tumor sites...
- Inulin immunoassay for kidney functionErnest V Groman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inulin is free of any controversy associated with gadolinium chelates often proposed as GFR probes...
- Bevacizumab Delivery to Glioblastoma with MR-Guided Focused UltrasoundRichard J Price; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 1, for given MB diameters, we will define lower FUS pressure thresholds at which the BBB opens to gadolinium and upper FUS pressure thresholds at which thermal tissue injury and/or microvessel damage may begin to occur...
- Signal Transduction in Intrapulmonary ChemoreceptorsSteven C Hempleman; Fiscal Year: 2010..4-amino pyridine, a fast K+ ion channel blocker shown to decrease PSR response to CO2, and gadolinium chloride, a blocker of stretch activated ion channels which impairs PSR response to lung inflation, will be ..
- Gadonanotubes as New MRI Nanolabels for Stem Cell TrackingEMERSON CARVALHO PERIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Gadolinium-filled carbon nanocapsules, or gadonanotubes (GNTs), were discovered in our laboratories in 2005...
- MRI-Based Modeling to Evaluate Surgical Efficacy for Reduced OA RiskKenneth J Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2012..Subjects will also undergo delayed Gadolinium Enhanced MRI of Cartilage (dGEMRIC) scans to evaluate proteoglycan content of the cartilage...
- MR Diffusion Tensor Imaging for Detection and Characterization of Breast LesionsSAVANNAH CORRINA PARTRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, the high costs and safety concerns of gadolinium-based contrast agents limit the accessibility of breast MRI screening for many women, so identifying a non-..
- Prussian Blue Nanoparticles as Cellular T1 MRI Contrast AgentsSongping D Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..of some of the Fe3+ ions with Mn2+ or/and Gd3+ ions in the crystal lattice can form the manganese- or gadolinium-incorporated nanoparticles, Mn@PBNPs and Gd@PBNPs with significantly increased r1 relaxivity...
- Molecular Imaging Predicts Atrial Remodeling and Fibrillation VulnerabilityAlbert J Sinusas; Fiscal Year: 2013..targeting MMP activation in relation to serum and tissue measures of MMP activation, collagen turnover, and late gadolinium enhancement MR (LGEMR) of atria...
- Novel Method for Imaging CartilageRavinder Reddy Regatte; Fiscal Year: 2010..earliest stages (biochemical/functional integrity) of cartilage degeneration Newer techniques, such as delayed gadolinium (Gd)-enhanced MRI of cartilage (dGEMRIC), spin-lattice relaxation in the rotating frame (T1A) and sodium imaging ..
- 4D DSA and 4D Fluoroscopy: Validation of Diagnostic and Therapeutic CapabilitiesCharles Milton Strother; Fiscal Year: 2013..temporal resolution and have provided contrast-enhanced MRA techniques using as little as 1 cc of intravenous gadolinium and phase contrast techniques that have facilitated new applications such as non-invasive measurement of ..
- Late Gadolinium Enhancement MRI for Patients with Implantable Cardiac DevicesPeng Hu; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) cardiac MRI plays an important role in diagnosis and treatment of myocardial diseases...
- Comprehensive Assessment of Pulmonary Disorders Using Polarized 13C TechnologyRahim R Rizi; Fiscal Year: 2013..formulation of each molecule and its concentration, the concentration of the radical, polarization enhancer (gadolinium complex), co-freezing agents and the optimal microwave frequency for DNP, all compared against polarization ..
- Non-Contrast-Enhanced Peripheral MR AngiographyVivian S Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..S., with an estimated prevalence up to 20% in those over 75 years. Gadolinium-enhanced MR angiography (MRA) has emerged as a highly accurate, less invasive approach that has replaced DSA in ..
- Personalizing Nanoparticle TherapyVikas Kundra; Fiscal Year: 2013..Clinically used agents generally deliver one gadolinium ion/chelate...
- High-resolution DT-MRI for differentiation of malignant glioma from radiation necJinyuan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, even with these interventions, these tumors are universally fatal, often within months. MRI with gadolinium (Gd)-based contrast agents is the current clinical standard for evaluating brain tumors...
- Early Aggressive Therapy in Juvenile Idiopathic ArthritisCarol Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2009..MRI with IV gadolinium will be performed at baseline and at 6 months on 1 knee of 30 subjects (15 each from Arm A and B) to observe ..
- MRI in mouse models of heart diseaseFrederick H Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..First, we will use novel CS methods to develop (a) a motion-compensated dual-contrast first- pass gadolinium-enhanced MRI technique for MBF imaging in mice and (b) an accelerated ASL MRI technique for high-resolution MBF ..
- Immune Regulation of Neural Stem Cell Program In EAESamia J Khoury; Fiscal Year: 2013..phase of multiple sclerosis, where neuro-degeneration and loss of brain parenchyma occur in the absence of gadolinium enhancing lesions on MRI...
- Role of toll like receptors (TLRs)in Gd contrast agent induced skin fibrosisSergio A Jimenez; Fiscal Year: 2013..NSF) is a rare condition occurring in a small subset of patients with renal insufficiency following exposure to Gadolinium based contrast agents (GdBCA)...
- Cryo ptychography combined with x-ray fluorescence analysis of metals in cellsCHRIS JOHNSON JACOBSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..do this in the context of ongoing research in the use of DNA-conjugated nanoparticles containing titanium and/or gadolinium that are meant to target mitochondria for the treatment and imaging of prostrate, breast, and other cancers...
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert A Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..MRI (MT-MRI), particularly the T1sat parameter;and 2) MRCA enhanced MRI of the blood-to-brain distribution of gadolinium-diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid (Gd-DTPA), with the influx rate assayed by Patlak plots...
- LV Structural Predictors of Sudden Cardiac DeathKatherine C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..LV structure can be quantified in detail using cardiac magnetic resonance imaging with late gadolinium enhancement (CMR-LGE)...
- Dual PET-MR Probes for Quantitative, Noninvasive High Resolution pH MappigPETER D CARAVAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..To date, these responsive MR probes have been limited by the inability to factor MR signal into relaxivity and gadolinium concentration in vivo. A dual PET-MR probe may solve this problem...
- Biodegradable polymeric iodine contrast agents for CT angiography.Vishwas N Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2013..The new agents can be labeled with additional contrast agents, such as gadolinium or iron oxide, enabling multimodal imaging or double contrasting with dual-beam/dual-detector CT...
- Stable, High Relaxivity MRI Contrast AgentsPETER D CARAVAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..About one third of scans employ a contrast agent and these agents are almost exclusively gadolinium (Gd) based T1 agents that provide positive image contrast...
- Late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular MR for the Detection of Pre-Existent LDana C Peters; Fiscal Year: 2011..magnetic resonance (CMR) is capable of identifying scar with unparalleled precision, using the late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) technique...
- Combined Pre &Intraoperative Brain Tumor Imaging Strategy using a Dual-ModalityMORITZ FLORIAN KIRCHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..to an inert gold core (increasing the Raman signal ~1014-fold) protected by a silica shell, and is coated with gadolinium ions. This nanoparticle can be detected by both MRI and Raman spectroscopic imaging with very high sensitivity...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE NEUTRON DETECTOR FOR PROTEIN CRYSTALLOGRAPHYJAROSLAW GLODO; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of the proposed project is to explore a new detector for neutron imaging studies based on a bright Gadolinium (Gd) compound...
- MRI-Guided Angioplasty of Renal Artery StenosisReed Omary; Fiscal Year: 2005..In swine, the proposal aims to test the hypotheses that: 1) Intra-arterial gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) depicts renal arterial lumen caliber as accurately as x-ray ..
- TARGETED METAL CHELATORS FOR DIAGNOSTIC IMAGINGMichael Welch; Fiscal Year: 2001..Radioisotopes of gallium, indium, technetium and copper are used in nuclear medicine studies while gadolinium chelates act as paramagnetic contrast agents in conjunction with nuclear magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- MR-Guided Endovascular Intervention Using Off-Resonance Contrast AngiographyRobert R Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2010..ORCA relies on the observation that a paramagnetic contrast agent (such as gadolinium-DTPA) induces a frequency shift due to the bulk magnetic susceptibility effect of gadolinium...
- Trimetallic Nitride Templated Endohedral Metallofullerenes as Dual Imaging and MuMARISSA RYLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..contrast agents due to their superior relaxivity and lower diffusion and elimination rates as compared to gadolinium. Therefore, lower concentrations of contrast agent are required thereby reducing potential toxicity...
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Alzheimer's Amyloid PlaqueJOSEPH PODUSLO; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our preliminary results document the success of this molecular probe, now coupled with an MRI contrast agent, gadolinium, in addition to the polyamine, putrescine, to label AD amyloid plaques throughout the cortex, hippocampus, and ..
- NOVEL CONTRAST AGENTS FOR MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGINGBrian Gray; Fiscal Year: 1999A series of Zyn-Linker molecules bearing chelated gadolinium will be synthesized and tested as novel contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Vaccine and Magnetic Resonance Imaging Approaches for ADMartin Sadowski; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results of our preliminary studies indicates that native A-beta bound to gadolinium co-injected with mannitol or putrescine modified A-beta bound to gadolinium can cross the BBB and act as a ..
- DNA-linked dendrimer nanoparticle systems for cancer diagnosis and treatmentJames Baker; Fiscal Year: 2009..her2 antibodies and RGD peptides), drugs (methotrexate, Taxol, cis-platin and doxorubicin), imaging agents (Gadolinium chelators and fluorescent dyes)...
- FEASIBILITY OF OVERHAUSER-ENHANCED MR MAMMOGRAPHYJames Lee; Fiscal Year: 1993..MR) imaging has been extremely successful at detecting breast cancer when used with a contrast agent such as Gadolinium-DTPA...
- HIGH-SPEED DUAL ENERGY DIGITAL SUBTRACTION ANGIOGRAPHYJonathan Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2000..In this program we will include the capability of using a gadolinium contrast agent as well...
- HIGH-SPEED DUAL ENERGY DIGITAL SUBTRACTION ANGIOGRAPHYALLEN FLUSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this program we will demonstrate the capability of using gadolinium contrast agents as well...
- CEREBROVASCULAR TIME RESOLVED CONTRAST ENHANCED 3D MRAPatrick Turski; Fiscal Year: 1999..We have recently developed a technique for gadolinium enhanced 3D time resolved magnetic resonance arteriography that can accomplish this goal...