Genomes and Genes
Summary: Zirconium. A rather rare metallic element, atomic number 40, atomic weight 91.22, symbol Zr. (From Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications381 found, 100 shown here
- Microtensile bond strength of a resin cement to glass infiltrated zirconia-reinforced ceramic: the effect of surface conditioningRegina Amaral
Sao Paulo State University, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Dent Mater 22:283-90. 2006..This study evaluated the effect of three surface conditioning methods on the microtensile bond strength of resin cement to a glass-infiltrated zirconia-reinforced alumina-based core ceramic...
- Zirconia as a ceramic biomaterialC Piconi
ENEA, New Technologies Dpt, New Materials Div, Roma, Italia
Biomaterials 20:1-25. 1999....
- PET tracers based on Zirconium-89Yin Zhang
Departments of Radiology and Medical Physics, School of Medicine and Public Health, University ofWisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705 2275, USA
Curr Radiopharm 4:131-9. 2011....
- Effect of zirconium-oxide ceramic surface treatments on the bond strength to adhesive resinSaadet Saglam Atsu
Department of Prosthodontics, Kirikkale University, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 95:430-6. 2006Surface treatment methods used for resin bonding to conventional silica-based dental ceramics are not reliable for zirconium-oxide ceramics.
- State of the art of zirconia for dental applicationsIsabelle Denry
Department of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, The Ohio State University, College of Dentistry, 305 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dent Mater 24:299-307. 2008..An update on the status of clinical trials occurring worldwide is provided...
- Surface modification for enhanced silanation of zirconia ceramicsJ R Piascik
RTI International, Center for Materials and Electronic Technologies, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Dent Mater 25:1116-21. 2009..e. zirconia) to facilitate viable, robust adhesive bonding using commercially available silanes and resin cements...
- Bayesian model selection validates a biokinetic model for zirconium processing in humansDaniel Schmidl
Institute of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
BMC Syst Biol 6:95. 2012In radiation protection, biokinetic models for zirconium processing are of crucial importance in dose estimation and further risk analysis for humans exposed to this radioactive substance...
- Adhesion/cementation to zirconia and other non-silicate ceramics: where are we now?Jeffrey Y Thompson
Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA
Dent Mater 27:71-82. 2011..The ability to chemically functionalize the surface of zirconia appears to be critical in achieving adhesive bonding. This review will focus on currently available approaches as well as new advanced technologies to address this problem...
- Randomized-controlled clinical trial of customized zirconia and titanium implant abutments for single-tooth implants in canine and posterior regions: 3-year resultsAnja Zembic
Department of Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Material Science, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:802-8. 2009..The aim was to test whether or not zirconia abutments exhibit the same survival and technical/biological outcome as titanium abutments...
- Bond strength of luting cements to zirconium oxide ceramicsP Derand
Public Dental Service, Norberg, Sweden
Int J Prosthodont 13:131-5. 2000..This study was conducted to determine the bond strength of some resin luting cements to zirconia ceramic. The hypothesis was that adhesive bonding capacity is influenced by different surface pretreatments designed for milled ceramic inlays...
- Translucency of zirconia copings made with different CAD/CAM systemsPaolo Baldissara
Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Department of Oral Sciences, Section of Prosthodontics, Via S Vitale 59, 40125 Bologna, Italy
J Prosthet Dent 104:6-12. 2010..Zirconia cores are reported to be less translucent than glass, lithium disilicate, or alumina cores. This could affect the esthetic appearance and the clinical choices made when using zirconia-based restorations...
- Strength, fracture toughness and microstructure of a selection of all-ceramic materials. Part II. Zirconia-based dental ceramicsMassimiliano Guazzato
Biomaterials Science Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney, United Dental Hospital, 2 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills, NSW, Australia 2010
Dent Mater 20:449-56. 2004..In the present study, DC Zirkon, an experimental yttria partially stabilized zirconia, In-Ceram Zirconia slip and In-Ceram Zirconia dry-pressed were compared...
- Experimental zirconia abutments for implant-supported single-tooth restorations in esthetically demanding regions: 4-year results of a prospective clinical studyRoland Glauser
Department of Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Prosthodont 17:285-90. 2004..This prospective clinical study evaluated an experimental implant abutment made of densely sintered zirconia with respect to peri-implant hard and soft tissue reaction as well as fracture resistance over time...
- Cerenkov luminescence imaging of medical isotopesAlessandro Ruggiero
Nuclear Medicine Service, Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Nucl Med 51:1123-30. 2010..Here, we report the use of the inherent optical emissions from the decay of radiopharmaceuticals for Cerenkov luminescence imaging (CLI) of tumors in vivo and correlate the results with those obtained from concordant immuno-PET studies...
- Development and characterization of clinical-grade 89Zr-trastuzumab for HER2/neu immunoPET imagingEli C F Dijkers
Department of Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 50:974-81. 2009..The PET radiopharmaceutical (89)Zr-trastuzumab was compared with the SPECT tracer (111)In-trastuzumab, which we have tested in the clinic already...
- Effect of thermocycling on bond strength of luting cements to zirconia ceramicHeinz Lüthy
Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Materials Science, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Plattenstrasse 11, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Dent Mater 22:195-200. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the shear bond strength of different cements to densely sintered zirconia ceramic after aging by thermocycling...
- The efficacy of posterior three-unit zirconium-oxide-based ceramic fixed partial dental prostheses: a prospective clinical pilot studyAriel J Raigrodski
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Prosthet Dent 96:237-44. 2006Although zirconium-oxide-based restorations for fixed partial denture prostheses (FPDPs) are available for use, clinical studies evaluating their longevity and related complications have not been published.
- Standardized methods for the production of high specific-activity zirconium-89Jason P Holland
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Department of Radiology, New York, NY 10065, USA
Nucl Med Biol 36:729-39. 2009b>Zirconium-89 is an attractive metallo-radionuclide for use in immuno-PET due to favorable decay characteristics...
- Hydration characteristics of zirconium oxide replaced Portland cement for use as a root-end filling materialJ Camilleri
Department of Building and Civil Engineering, Faculty for the Built Environment, University of Malta, Msida MSD 2080, Malta
Dent Mater 27:845-54. 2011b>Zirconium oxide can be added to dental materials rendering them sufficiently radiopaque. It can thus be used to replace the bismuth oxide in mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA)...
- Zirconium-89 labeled panitumumab: a potential immuno-PET probe for HER1-expressing carcinomasSibaprasad Bhattacharyya
ADRD, SAIC Frederick, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Nucl Med Biol 40:451-7. 2013....
- Bacterial adhesion on commercially pure titanium and zirconium oxide disks: an in vivo human studyAntonio Scarano
Dental School, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
J Periodontol 75:292-6. 2004..Different adhesion affinities of bacteria have been reported for different materials. The aim of this study was to characterize the percentage of surface covered by bacteria on commercially pure titanium and zirconium oxide disks.
- An overview of zirconia ceramics: basic properties and clinical applicationsPaolo Francesco Manicone
Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Institute of Clinical Dentistry, Largo F Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Dent 35:819-26. 2007..Cementation of Zr-ceramic restorations can be performed with adhesive luting. Mechanical properties of zirconium oxide FPDs have proved superior to those of other metal-free restorations...
- Minimum five-year follow-up wear measurement of longevity highly cross-linked polyethylene cup against cobalt-chromium or zirconia headsIchiro Nakahara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Arthroplasty 25:1182-7. 2010..Osteolysis was not observed in any hips in either group. In conclusion, no advantage was seen for the 26-mm zirconia head compared with the 26-mm cobalt-chromium head in this period...
- Characterization and surface treatment effects on topography of a glass-infiltrated alumina/zirconia-reinforced ceramicAlvaro Della Bona
Dental School, The University of Passo Fundo, P O Box 611 613, Campus I, BR 285, Km171, Passo Fundo, RS 99001 970, Brazil
Dent Mater 23:769-75. 2007..Characterize the microstructure, composition and some physical properties of a glass-infiltrated alumina/zirconia-reinforced ceramic (IZ) and the effect of surface treatment on topography...
- Current status of zirconia used in total hip implantsI C Clarke
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:73-84. 2003
- Synthesis of cubic zirconium and hafnium nitride having Th3P4 structureAndreas Zerr
Fachgebiet Disperse Feststoffe, Fachbereich Material und Geowissenschaften, Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Petersenstrasse 23, 64287 Darmstadt, Germany
Nat Mater 2:185-9. 2003..Here, we report on the high-pressure synthesis of zirconium and hafnium nitrides with the stoichiometry M3N4, where M = Zr, Hf...
- Single-tooth implant reconstructions: esthetic factors influencing the decision between titanium and zirconia abutments in anterior regionsIrena Sailer
Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, University of Zurich, Plattenstr 11, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Esthet Dent 2:296-310. 2007..In order to avoid difficulties removing excess cement, screw-retained reconstructions may be preferred; however, the screw access hole should be positioned palatal to the incisal edge...
- In vivo biodistribution and accumulation of 89Zr in miceDiane S Abou
Department of Radiology, Radiochemistry Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Box 16, New York, NY 10065, USA
Nucl Med Biol 38:675-81. 2011..A special focus is also given regarding the quality of (89)Zr bone accumulation...
- PET and MRI of metastatic peritoneal and pulmonary colorectal cancer in mice with human epidermal growth factor receptor 1-targeted 89Zr-labeled panitumumabTapan K Nayak
Radioimmune and Inorganic Chemistry Section, Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Nucl Med 53:113-20. 2012..The utility of PET and MRI using (89)Zr-panitumumab to assess the status of HER1 in distant metastases with different metastasis models is presented in this study...
- Measuring residual stress in ceramic zirconia-porcelain dental crowns by nanoindentationY Zhang
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 6:120-7. 2012..The average residual stress readings were as high as -637 MPa and 323 MPa for zirconia and porcelain respectively...
- Biodistribution, radiation dosimetry and scouting of 90Y-ibritumomab tiuxetan therapy in patients with relapsed B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma using 89Zr-ibritumomab tiuxetan and PETSaiyada N F Rizvi
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:512-20. 2012....
- Effect of an experimental zirconia-silica coating technique on micro tensile bond strength of zirconia in different priming conditionsChenfeng Chen
Department of Dental Materials Science, ACTA, Universiteit van Amsterdam and Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dent Mater 28:e127-34. 2012..This study aimed to evaluate the adhesive properties of a MDP-containing resin cement to a colored zirconia ceramic, using an experimental zirconia-silica coating technique with different priming conditions...
- Cooperation of phosphate monomer and silica modification on zirconiaR Tanaka
Department of Oral Biomaterials and Technology, Showa University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
J Dent Res 87:666-70. 2008..Stable shear bond strength was achieved on silica-coated YPSZ ceramics with the cooperative interaction of phosphate monomer and silane coupling...
- Durability of the resin bond strength to zirconia ceramic after using different surface conditioning methodsMona Wolfart
Department of Prosthodontics, Propaedeutics and Dental Materials, Dental School, Christian Albrechts University at Kiel, Germany
Dent Mater 23:45-50. 2007..The purpose of this in vitro study was the evaluation of the bond strength and its durability of two composite resins to zirconia ceramic after using different surface conditioning methods...
- Electroanalytical properties of a novel biosensor modified with zirconium alcoxide porous gels for the detection of acetaminophenVeronica Sima
Analytical Chemistry and Instrumental Analysis Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, 4 Pasteur Street, 400 349 Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:1195-200. 2008The development of composite electrodes for biosensors construction based on HRP and zirconium alcoxide film for acetaminophen detection and finally, acetaminophen determination in pharmaceutical products is described...
- Bone tissue responses to surface-modified zirconia implants: A histomorphometric and removal torque study in the rabbitLars Sennerby
Department of Biomaterials, Institute for Surgical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 7:S13-20. 2005..Little is known about how surface modification influences the stability and bone tissue response to zirconia implants...
- Development and characterization of 89Zr-labeled panitumumab for immuno-positron emission tomographic imaging of the epidermal growth factor receptorAlbert J Chang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Imaging 12:17-27. 2013..Biodistribution studies confirmed the results from the imaging studies. (89)Zr-panitumumab imaging of EGFR-positive tumors demonstrated levels of radiotracer uptake associated with EGFR expression...
- Wear of polyethylene against oxidized zirconium femoral components effect of aggressive kinematic conditions and malalignment in total knee arthroplastyKace A Ezzet
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California, USA
J Arthroplasty 27:116-21. 2012..Wear was measured in non-cross-linked, ethylene oxide-sterilized PE inserts against oxidized zirconium or cobalt-chrome femoral components in a knee wear simulator...
- An alumina ceramic target vessel for the remote production of metallic radionuclides by in situ target dissolutionKotaro Nagatsu
Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 39:1281-5. 2012..In this study, we demonstrated an in situ target processing concept for automated metallic radionuclide production without the use of any robotic device...
- Zirconia femoral head fractures: a clinical and retrieval analysisJohn L Masonis
London Health Sciences Center, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Arthroplasty 19:898-905. 2004..Monoclinic phase transformation following implantation remains a potential mechanism of ceramic head failure. We recommend that patients with recalled zirconia heads be advised of a potential fracture risk...
- In vitro study of the influence of the type of connection on the fracture load of zirconia abutments with internal and external implant-abutment connectionsIrena Sailer
Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Material Science, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 24:850-8. 2009..To determine whether zirconia abutments with an internal connection exhibit similar fracture load as zirconia abutments with an external connection...
- An in vitro evaluation of fit of zirconium-oxide-based ceramic four-unit fixed partial dentures, generated with three different CAD/CAM systems, before and after porcelain firing cycles and after glaze cyclesPaolo Vigolo
Department of Clinical Odontostomatology, Institute of Clinical Dentistry, University of Padova, Padua, Italy
J Prosthodont 17:621-6. 2008....
- A comparison of fabrication precision and mechanical reliability of 2 zirconia implant abutmentsRobert B Kerstein
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 23:1029-36. 2008..The purpose of this in vitro study was to compare the precision and fracture strength of 2 different zirconia abutments angled at 30 degrees and loaded to failure in a standardized testing device...
- Effects of sintering temperature and particle size on the translucency of zirconium dioxide dental ceramicLi Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, 14, Sect 3, Renming South Road, Chengdu 610041, China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 22:2429-35. 2011..The 40-nm powders had higher sintered density and transmittance than the 90-nm. The translucency of Y-TZP dental ceramic could be improved by controlling the final sintering temperature and primary particle size...
- Ice shaping properties, similar to that of antifreeze proteins, of a zirconium acetate complexSylvain Deville
Laboratoire de Synthèse et Fonctionnalisation des Céramiques, UMR3080 CNRS Saint Gobain, Cavaillon, France
PLoS ONE 6:e26474. 2011..We reveal how a particular zirconium acetate complex is exhibiting ice-shaping properties very similar to that of antifreeze proteins, albeit being a ..
- Ceramic abutments and ceramic oral implants. An updateRalf J Kohal
Periodontol 2000 47:224-43. 2008
- Bonding of resin composite luting cements to zirconium oxide by two air-particle abrasion methodsOvul Kumbuloglu
Biomechanical Testing Laboratory, University of Turku, Institute of Dentistry, Finland
Oper Dent 31:248-55. 2006This study evaluated the shear bond strength of two resin composite luting cements to zirconium oxide ceramic substrate using two air-particle abrasion methods.
- A comparison of the marginal vertical discrepancies of zirconium and metal ceramic posterior fixed dental prostheses before and after cementationEsther Gonzalo
Department of Buccofacial Prostheses, Faculty of Odontology, University Complutense, Madrid, Spain
J Prosthet Dent 102:378-84. 2009....
- (89)Zr as a PET surrogate radioisotope for scouting biodistribution of the therapeutic radiometals (90)Y and (177)Lu in tumor-bearing nude mice after coupling to the internalizing antibody cetuximabLars R Perk
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 46:1898-906. 2005..Cetuximab was selected as a model mAb because it abundantly internalizes after binding to the epidermal growth factor receptor...
- Open magnetic resonance imaging using titanium-zirconium needles: improved accuracy for interstitial brachytherapy implants?Y Popowski
Radiation Oncology Division, University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 47:759-65. 2000..To evaluate the benefit of using an open magnetic resonance (MR) machine and new MR-compatible needles to improve the accuracy of brachytherapy implants in pelvic tumors...
- Piezoelectric ribbons printed onto rubber for flexible energy conversionYi Qi
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544, USA
Nano Lett 10:524-8. 2010..The excellent performance of the piezo-ribbon assemblies coupled with stretchable, biocompatible rubber may enable a host of exciting avenues in fundamental research and novel applications...
- Zirconia implant abutments: a reviewAna Luísa Gomes
Department of Surgery, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 16:e50-5. 2011..One of the most important is the clinical long term success of zirconia abutments on implants, given that in the literature there are no sufficient in vivo studies that prove it...
- A piezoelectric plethysmograph sensor based on a Pt wire implanted lead lanthanum zirconate titanate bulk ceramicCarlos O González-Morán
Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Electrical Engineering Department, Bioelectronics Section Av IPN 2508, Col San Pedro Zacatenco, C P 07360, Mexico D F, Mexico
Sensors (Basel) 10:7146-56. 2010..g., forehead, forearm, knee, neck, etc...
- Optical properties of base dentin ceramics for all-ceramic restorationsTakanobu Shiraishi
Department of Dental and Biomedical Materials Science, Unit of Basic Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
Dent Mater 27:165-72. 2011..The study was conducted to compare the optical parameters of VM7(®) M-shade base dentin ceramics (VITA, Germany) for all ceramic restorations to the chemical composition across the 3D-MASTER(®) shade system...
- Attachment and growth behaviour of human gingival fibroblasts on titanium and zirconia ceramic surfacesAhran Pae
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Biomed Mater 4:025005. 2009..A zirconia ceramic surface with grooves showed biological responses that were comparable to those obtained with HGF on a titanium surface...
- Relative translucency of six all-ceramic systems. Part I: core materialsMichael J Heffernan
School of Dentistry and Dows Institute for Dental Research, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Prosthet Dent 88:4-9. 2002..All-ceramic restorations have been advocated for superior esthetics. Various materials have been used to improve ceramic core strength, but it is unclear whether they affect the opacity of all-ceramic systems...
- In vivo fracture resistance of implant-supported all-ceramic restorationsMurat Yildirim
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Aachen, Medical Center, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 90:325-31. 2003..No previous study has compared the fracture loads between 2 different all-ceramic abutments restored by glass-ceramic crowns...
- Reliability and properties of ground Y-TZP-zirconia ceramicsR G Luthardt
Dresden University of Technology, Dental School, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Fetscherstrasse 74, Germany
J Dent Res 81:487-91. 2002..In conclusion, grinding of Y-TZP needs to be optimized to achieve the CAD/CAM manufacture of all-ceramic restorations with improved strength and reliability...
- Highly specific enrichment of phosphopeptides by zirconium dioxide nanoparticles for phosphoproteome analysisHoujiang Zhou
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian, PR China
Electrophoresis 28:2201-15. 2007..A total of 248 defining phosphorylation sites and 140 phosphorylated peptides were identified by manual validation using a series of rigid criteria...
- Conjugation and radiolabeling of monoclonal antibodies with zirconium-89 for PET imaging using the bifunctional chelate p-isothiocyanatobenzyl-desferrioxamineMaria J W D Vosjan
Department of Otolaryngology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Protoc 5:739-43. 2010The positron emitter zirconium-89 ((89)Zr) has very attractive properties for positron emission tomography (PET) imaging of intact monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) using immuno-PET...
- p-Isothiocyanatobenzyl-desferrioxamine: a new bifunctional chelate for facile radiolabeling of monoclonal antibodies with zirconium-89 for immuno-PET imagingLars R Perk
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:250-9. 2010..The positron emitter zirconium-89 ((89)Zr) has attractive characteristics for immuno-PET with intact mAbs...
- New zirconia primer improves bond strength of resin-based cementsPascal Magne
Division of Restorative Sciences, School of Dentistry, Oral Health Center, University of Southern California, 3151 Hoover Street, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Dent Mater 26:345-52. 2010..This study evaluated the effect of a new experimental primer, a mixture of organophosphate and carboxylic acid monomers, on the zirconia-to-resin shear bond strength (SBS)...
- Influence of surface treatment and simulated aging on bond strengths of luting agents to zirconiaMarkus B Blatz
Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Quintessence Int 38:745-53. 2007..To evaluate short- and long-term shear bond strengths of 4 luting agents to zirconia following different surface treatments...
- Measuring the pharmacodynamic effects of a novel Hsp90 inhibitor on HER2/neu expression in mice using Zr-DFO-trastuzumabJason P Holland
Radiochemistry Service, Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8859. 2010..In addition, pharmacodynamic studies on HER2/neu expression levels in response to therapeutic doses of PU-H71 (a specific inhibitor of heat-shock protein 90 [Hsp90]) were conducted...
- Selective zirconium dioxide-based enrichment of phosphorylated peptides for mass spectrometric analysisHye Kyong Kweon
Department of Chemistry, University of Michigan, 930 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1055, USA
Anal Chem 78:1743-9. 2006..Here, we present, to our knowledge, the first demonstration of the utility of zirconium dioxide microtips for phosphopeptide isolation prior to mass spectrometric analysis...
- Resin-ceramic bonding: a review of the literatureMarkus B Blatz
School of Dentistry, Department of Prosthodontics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans 70119, USA
J Prosthet Dent 89:268-74. 2003..Further in vitro studies, as well as controlled clinical trials, are needed...
- Disparity between in vivo EGFR expression and 89Zr-labeled cetuximab uptake assessed with PETHugo J W L Aerts
Department of Radiation Oncology MAASTRO, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 50:123-31. 2009..To this end, we have developed and validated a novel probe using cetuximab labeled with the long-lived positron emitter 89Zr for PET imaging...
- Do different implant surfaces exposed in the oral cavity of humans show different biofilm compositions and activities?Birte Groessner-Schreiber
University of Kiel, School of Dental Medicine, Clinic for Restorative Dentistry and Periodontology, Kiel, Germany
Eur J Oral Sci 112:516-22. 2004..Thin glass sheets coated with titanium nitride (TiN), zirconium nitride (ZrN) or pure titanium were mounted on removable intraoral splints in two adults...
- Bone response to zirconia ceramic implants: an experimental study in rabbitsAntonio Scarano
Dental School, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
J Oral Implantol 29:8-12. 2003..No inflamed or multinucleated cells were present. This study concluded that these implants are highly biocompatible and osteoconductive...
- Radiation dosimetry of 89Zr-labeled chimeric monoclonal antibody U36 as used for immuno-PET in head and neck cancer patientsPontus K E Börjesson
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 50:1828-36. 2009..In addition, the performance of immuno-PET for detecting lymph node metastases was evaluated, as described previously...
- Five-year clinical results of zirconia frameworks for posterior fixed partial denturesIrena Sailer
Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, University of Zurich, Plattenstr 11, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Prosthodont 20:383-8. 2007..The aim of this prospective clinical cohort study was to determine the success rate of 3- to 5-unit zirconia frameworks for posterior fixed partial dentures (FPDs) after 5 years of clinical observation...
- Immobilized zirconium ion affinity chromatography for specific enrichment of phosphopeptides in phosphoproteome analysisShun Feng
National Chromatographic Research and Analysis Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian, China
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:1656-65. 2007..Enrichment of phosphopeptides by Zr(4+)-IMAC provides a powerful approach for large scale phosphoproteome analysis...
- Influence of framework configuration on the marginal adaptation of zirconium dioxide ceramic anterior four-unit frameworksFutoshi Komine
Department of Crown and Bridge Prosthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Odontol Scand 63:361-6. 2005To evaluate the influence of the framework configuration on the marginal adaptation of four-unit anterior fixed partial denture (FPD) frameworks made of partially sintered zirconium dioxide (ZrO2) ceramics.
- Modified implant surfaces show different biofilm compositions under in vivo conditionsBirte Grössner-Schreiber
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:817-26. 2009..The aim of the present study was to examine the influence of zirconium nitride (ZrN) as a potential implant surface on the biofilm composition and diversity in vivo.
- Complete arch implant rehabilitation using subtractive rapid prototyping and porcelain fused to zirconia prosthesis: a clinical reportPanos Papaspyridakos
Division of Prosthodontics, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Prosthet Dent 100:165-72. 2008..This clinical report describes the comprehensive application of these technological advances in implant rehabilitation to optimize surgical and prosthodontic outcomes as well as patient comfort...
- Effects of a convenient silica-coating treatment on shear bond strengths of porcelain veneers on zirconia-based ceramicsTakuya Oguri
Department of Oral Biomaterials and Technology, Showa University School of Dentistry, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Dent Mater J 31:788-96. 2012..05). However, differences among treated specimens were not significant. Moreover, SP gave superior wettability, and smoothness as good as NT. These data suggest that SP affects the bond strength between zirconia and a porcelain veneer...
- Influence of surface treatments and resin cement selection on bonding to densely-sintered zirconium-oxide ceramicRaquel Castillo de Oyagüe
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University Complutense of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Dent Mater 25:172-9. 2009To evaluate the effect of surface conditioning on the microtensile bond strength of zirconium-oxide ceramic to dual-cured resin cements.
- Physical vapor deposition of zirconium or titanium thin films on flexible polyurethane highly support adhesion and physiology of human endothelial cellsN Ozkucur
Institute of Anatomy, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res A 89:57-67. 2009..Using a physical vapor deposition (PVD) technique, thin films (< or =100 nm) of zirconium (Zr) or titanium (Ti) were deposited on the polyurethane surface...
- Strength and reliability of surface treated Y-TZP dental ceramicsT Kosmac
Ceramics Department, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Biomed Mater Res 53:304-13. 2000..Since a special Y-TZP grade containing a small amount of alumina exhibited the highest damage tolerance and superior stability in an acidic environment, this material shows considerable promise for dental applications...
- Fracture resistance and failure location of zirconium and metallic implant abutmentsPhilippe Aramouni
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics and Occlusion at Saint Joseph University in Beirut, Lebanon
J Contemp Dent Pract 9:41-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the fracture resistance and failure location of single-tooth, implant-supported, all-ceramic restorations on different implant abutments subjected to a maximum load...
- Influence of Y-TZP ceramic treatment and different resin cements on bond strength to dentinHumberto L de Castro
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, São Paulo State University at São José dos Campos, Brazil
Dent Mater 28:1191-7. 2012..Evaluating the bond strength (σ) of resin cement systems (RXA - RelyX ARC; RXU - RelyX U100; and PF - Panavia F) to dentin and yttria-stabilized zirconia-based ceramic (YZ - In-Ceram YZ) after different surface treatments and aging...
- Phase transformation of a zirconia ceramic head after total hip arthroplastyK Haraguchi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Br 83:996-1000. 2001..006 microm up to 0.12 microm. This is the first report to show that phase transformation of zirconia ceramics causes deterioration of the surface roughness of the head in vivo after total hip arthroplasty...
- Bonding of dual-cured resin cement to zirconia ceramic using phosphate acid ester monomer and zirconate couplerKeiichi Yoshida
Division of Fixed Prosthodontics and Oral Rehabilitation, Nagasaki University, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 7 1, Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 77:28-33. 2006This study evaluated the shear bond strength between dual-cured resin luting cement and pure zirconium (99...
- Effect of self-adhesive resin cement and tribochemical treatment on bond strength to zirconiaJie Lin
Department of Crown and Bridge, School of Life Dentistry at Tokyo, The Nippon Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Oral Sci 2:28-34. 2010..To evaluate the interactive effects of different self-adhesive resin cements and tribochemical treatment on bond strength to zirconia...
- Evaluation of test protocol variables for dental implant fatigue researchCornell K Lee
Department of Reconstructive Sciences, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 1615, USA
Dent Mater 25:1419-25. 2009..This work begins to explore the influence of cycling rate and environment on fatigue testing of dental implants according to the ISO protocol 14801...
- A pilot study to evaluate the success and survival rate of titanium-zirconium implants in partially edentulous patients: results after 24 months of follow-upStephen Barter
Perlan Specialist Dental Centre, Eastbourne, East Sussex, UK
Clin Oral Implants Res 23:873-81. 2012Implants made from a new titanium-zirconium (TiZr) alloy (Roxolid) have shown good osseointegration with no adverse effects in animal studies...
- In vitro biocompatibility of an ultrafine grained zirconiumLaura Saldana
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Biomaterials 28:4343-54. 2007..In summary, improved mechanical properties together with excellent in vitro biocompatibility make UFG Zr a promising biomaterial for surgical implants...
- Measurement of dissolved reactive phosphorus using the diffusive gradients in thin films technique with a high-capacity binding phaseShiming Ding
State Key Laboratory of Lake Science and Environment, Nanjing Institute of Geography and Limnology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanjing 210008, China
Environ Sci Technol 44:8169-74. 2010..Half-dried amorphous zirconium oxide (with 50 ± 5% of water content) was mixed with acrylamide solution for the preparation of the new binding ..
- Effect of sintering time on biaxial strength of zirconium dioxideJenni Hjerppe
University of Turku, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Science, Turku, Finland
Dent Mater 25:166-71. 2009..Aim of this study was to evaluate effect of sintering time on mechanical properties of yttrium partially stabilized zirconia (Y-TZP) (ICE Zirkon, ZirkonZahn, Italy)...
- Differences in metal ion release following cobalt-chromium and oxidized zirconium total knee arthroplastySimon Garrett
Perth Orthopaedic Institute, Nedlands, Western Australia
Acta Orthop Belg 76:513-20. 2010..Serum levels of chromium, cobalt, aluminium, molybdenum and zirconium were measured in two groups of patients at a minimum of 3 years after knee arthroplasty...
- Glass-(nAg, nCu) biocide coatings on ceramic oxide substratesLeticia Esteban-Tejeda
Department of Biomaterials and Bioinspired Materials, Materials Science Institute of Madrid ICMM CSIC, Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e33135. 2012....
- Mechanical, tribological, and biocompatibility properties of ZrN-Ag nanocomposite filmsZ Kertzman
Department of Physics, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois 62901, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 84:1061-7. 2008..Films with a silver content > 10% exhibited superior antibacterial activity compared with the uncoated samples...
- Three-dimensional computerized stress analysis of commercially pure titanium and yttrium-partially stabilized zirconia implantsRalf Joachim Kohal
Department of Prosthodontics, Albert Ludwigs University, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 15:189-94. 2002..The purpose of this study was to use three-dimensional finite element analysis to analyze stress distribution patterns in Re-Implant implants made of commercially pure titanium (cpTi) and yttrium-partially stabilized zirconia (YPSZ)...
- Sulphur mustard degradation on zirconium doped Ti-Fe oxidesVáclav Štengla
Department of Solid State Chemistry, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry AS CR vvi 250 68 Husinec Řež, Czech Republic
J Hazard Mater 192:1491-504. 2011b>Zirconium doped mixed nanodispersive oxides of Ti and Fe were prepared by homogeneous hydrolysis of sulphate salts with urea in aqueous solutions...
- Application of principle component analysis-artificial neural network for simultaneous determination of zirconium and hafnium in real samplesA Abbaspour
Department of Chemistry, College of Science, Shiraz University, Shiraz 71454, Iran
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 64:477-82. 2006Determination of zirconium and hafnium were done by applying singular value decomposition and a feed forward Neural Network Algorithm with back propagation of error...
- Comparison of fracture resistance of pressable metal ceramic custom implant abutments with CAD/CAM commercially fabricated zirconia implant abutmentsSungtae Kim
Department of Prosthodontics, Yonsei University, School of Dental Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Prosthet Dent 101:226-30. 2009..The adequacy of the strength of dental zirconia abutments under heavy occlusal load conditions is questionable, with degradation of the mechanical properties of zirconia having been reported. Therefore, some alternatives must be considered...
- Human biokinetic data and a new compartmental model of zirconium--a tracer study with enriched stable isotopesMatthias B Greiter
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Department of Medical Radiation Physics and Diagnostics, Ingolstädter Landstraße 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Sci Total Environ 409:3701-10. 2011..b>Zirconium, especially its radioisotope (95)Zr, is relevant to radiation protection due to its production in uranium ..
- Soft and hard tissue response to zirconium dioxide dental implants--a clinical study in manChristian Blaschke
Z Systems Australasia, Auckland, New Zealand
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 27:69-72. 2006..b>Zirconium dioxide has been shown in both in vitro and in vivo studies to have desirable osseointegrative properties...
- Fracture load of composite resin and feldspathic all-ceramic CAD/CAM crownsAhmed Attia
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Fixed Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University, Egypt
J Prosthet Dent 95:117-23. 2006....
- Zirconium implant abutments: fracture strength and influence of cyclic loading on retaining-screw looseningPeter Gehrke
Quintessence Int 37:19-26. 2006The purpose of this study was to determine the fracture strength of zirconium implant abutments and the torque required to unfasten the retaining screw before and after applying cyclic loading to the implant-abutment assembly...
- Zirconium oxide: analysis of MG63 osteoblast-like cell response by means of a microarray technologyFrancesco Carinci
University of Ferrara, Italy
Biomaterials 25:215-28. 2004b>Zirconium oxide ceramics have outstanding mechanical properties, a high biocompatibility and a high resistance to scratching...
- Catalytic Asymmetric Oxidation: Easy Entry to Highly Functionalized MoleculesHISASHI NONE YAMAMOTO; Fiscal Year: 2013..The aim is divided into two parts: (1) vanadium, hafnium, and zirconium catalysts for epoxidation and their application to epoxidation- cyclization cascades;and (2) iron-based ..
- Zirconium-89: Radiochemistry and Ligand Design toward Improved PET ApplicationsMelissa A Deri; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): The goal of the proposed research is to develop robust bifunctional chelators for the use of zirconium-89 (89Zr) for Positron Emission Tomography (PET)...
- Noninvasive measurement of oncogenic signaling pathways with 89Zr-transferrinMICHAEL JOHN EVANS; Fiscal Year: 2013..is for me to learn the theory and practice of Radiochemistry in the context of developing new applications for zirconium-89 labeled transferrin (89Zr-Tf), a novel radiotracer for PET I co-invented at MSKCC...
- INORGANIC ION EXCHANGERS FOR 213BI GENERATORSPaul Sylvester; Fiscal Year: 1999..Two classes of zirconium phosphonates have already achieved good bismuth separations from americium (a surrogate for actinium) and these ..
- Innovative Biomonitoring Device for Rapid Diagnosis of Exposure to Nerve AgentsYuehe Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..primary recognition is performed by nanoparticle-tagged antibodies and secondary recognition is performed by zirconium oxide (ZrO2) chelation with the phosphorylated moiety, followed by detection that is based on generating metal ..
- LuAG:Ce,Zr Scintillators for PETKEITH ROZENBURG; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the first phase of this SBIR we will demonstrate that scintillator quality cerium and zirconium doped ceramic LuAG can be produced by powder synthesis and ceramic processing methods...
- S.T.R.A.P Sonos Transportable Renal Application ProductMartin Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2005..urease to hydrolize urea, the major waste eliminated by the kidney, 2) Develop a cation exchange unit based on zirconium phosphate, 3) Achieve anion exchange using a zirconium oxide module, 4) Optimize removal of creatinine and other ..
- Biocompatibility of Zirconium AlloysREX RAMSIER; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Zirconium alloys have begun to appear as candidates for biomedical applications, but very little is known about the biocompatibility of this class of materials...
- STABILIZING THE BONE-TO-METAL IMPLANT INTERFACEJeffrey Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2001..The hypothesis to be tested is that: 1) controlled growth of a robust zirconium phosphate surface layer on titanium metal can be accomplished under mild conditions, based on surface ..
- Nanocrystalline Zirconia Orthopedic Coating for Reduced Poyethylene WearJason Burns; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ion beam assisted deposition will be used to grow a phase stabilized nanocrystalline zirconium oxide wear layer with a continuously-graded metallic/ceramic adhesion layer...
- Imido Titanium-Catalyzed Dynamic Kinetic ResolutionREBECCA RUCK; Fiscal Year: 2004Recently, imido zirconium and titanium complexes have been shown to react with allenes and alkynes in a cycloaddition reaction...
- [3+2] Cycloaddition Reactions of Imidometal ComplexesNEAL YAKELIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..1,3-dipoles with monomeric terminal imido complexes of transition metals (M=NR), in particular titanium(IV) and zirconium(lV), will be explored...
- FLUORIDE GLASS FIBER FOR INFRARED LASER POWER DELIVERYDanh Tran; Fiscal Year: 1990..During Phase I, the feasibility of Er:Yag power delivery through zirconium fluoride fibers was demonstrated...
- ADVANCED DENTAL RESTORATIVE SYSTEMS (ADRS)H Rawls; Fiscal Year: 2006..2). Investigate surface-modified metal oxide nanoparticles, such as zirconium oxide, metal oxide silicates, and mineral platelets, as a means of producing radiopaque, 'microfiller' ..
- Layered Ceramic Endosseous Dental ImplantsAshok Khandkar; Fiscal Year: 2001..develop ceramics with high fracture toughness and damage resistance, exceeding that of current state-of-the-art zirconium. By comparing static and dynamic (cyclic fatigue) biomechanical properties with current Ti alloy, alumina-..
- ORGANOMETALLIC REAGENTS FOR CARBON/CARBON BOND FORMATIONSTEPHEN BUCHWALD; Fiscal Year: 2000..coupling of small organic fragments into a variety of carbocycles and heterocycles using titanium, nickel and zirconium catalysts; 4) the development of catalytic processes for the asymmetric hydrofunctionalization of olefins to ..
- CATALYTIC REDUCTIVE CYCLIZATIONWilliam Crowe; Fiscal Year: 1999..g., azametallacycles, zirconium metallacycles) with the goal of developing useful synthetic protocols for the stereocontrolled synthesis of ..
- CHIRAL MOLECULAR SIEVES FOR ENANTIOMER SEPARATIONSTHOMAS MALLOUK; Fiscal Year: 1999..Ultra-high surface area inorganic solids, such as zirconium phosphate, will be intercalated with chiral selector molecules that are capable of binding selectively to a ..
- Synthetic Reactions Catalyzed by Transition MetalsEi ichi Negishi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Being considered for this purpose are discodermolide, hennoxazole A, zincophorin, roselipins, apoptolidin, nafuredin, caIlystatin A, milbemycin p3, calyculin A, and amphotericin B. ..
- High Toughness Textured Ceramics for Biomedical UseIsabelle Denry; Fiscal Year: 2007..Potential applications include dental restorations, dental implant superstructures, and bone replacement implants. ..
- Determinants of the Durability of Resin-Dentin BondsDavid Pashley; Fiscal Year: 2006..This should provide important new insight into designing more durable resin-dentin bonds that can justify the placement of resin-based posterior composites. ..
- REDUCTION OF COMPOSITE POLYMERIZATION CONTRACTION STRESSRONALD SAKAGUCHI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Clinically significant reductions in contraction strain and stress will be produced which will improve the function and longevity of resin composite restorations. ..
- TUMOR REMISSION--TAXOL AND CLOSE ANALOGS VIA SYNTHESISLEO PAQUETTE; Fiscal Year: 2003..These include, but are not limited to, the 1-deoxy, D-homo-, 2-desmethyl, and 12-methylene derivatives, in addition to the D-ring invertomer and the C-nor isomer. ..
- CELLULAR INTERACTIONS OF BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE AGENTSMARC SNAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2004..For these reasons, further knowledge of the details of ligand interactions with membrane compounds should be of substantial benefit. ..
- Metal-Mediated Routes to BiarylsBruce Lipshutz; Fiscal Year: 2007..A particular, albeit representative, application of a novel substituted cyclo-NOBIN will be studied for selected asymmetric aldol reactions. ..
- PHI 346: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Following successful completion of the Phase I in vivo efficacy studies, gel formulation of PHI-346 will be further explored as a vaginal dual-function microbicide in Phase II. ..
- FLP-102: Rationally Engineered Antiviral ProteinOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The preclinical data on FLP-102 will be essential to further explore the utility of this novel recombinant PAP mutant for Phase II. ..
- 500MHz Console UpgradeBruce Ganem; Fiscal Year: 2003..T. McQuade will use NMR in designing new synthetic approaches to highly functionalized polymers; Prof. J. Meinwald will investigate the structures of biologically significant molecules involved in chemical communication. ..
- Biomimetic Nanofibrillar Scaffolds For Cartilage Tissue EngineeringAnu Subramanian; Fiscal Year: 2008..The engineering methodology developed in this proposal may have broader impacts on the manufacturing of other surfaces for tissue engineering. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- New Cycloadditions in SynthesisMARC SNAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Likewise, the cycloaddition provides access to libraries of untested, completely novel structures that may uncover unique opportunities in drug discovery and Chemical Biology. ..
- Genetic Consequences of Therapies for CancerJohn Boice; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- FINE TUNING BINOLS AND BINAPS FOR ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESISBruce Lipshutz; Fiscal Year: 2001..From ligands of this type come further options, such as opportunities for polymer mounting, and potentially of greatest attention, conversion to substituted cyclo BINAPs. ..
- Osteoporosis and Bone Augmentation/Implant Outcomes: An Observational StudyMartin A Freilich; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application represents an important step in this ongoing research initiative. ..
- Palladium- and Nickel-Catalyzed C-C Bond FormationGREGORY FU; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mechanistic studies will play an important role in this project, since an improved understanding of metal-based reactivity should greatly facilitate catalyst development. ..
- IN VITRO INVESTIGATION OF SLIDING MECHANICSRobert Kusy; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL CONTRACEPTIVES WITH ANTI-HIV ACTIVITYOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The preclinical data on in vivo efficacies of WHI-05 and WHI-07 will be essential to further explore the utility of these novel drugs for clinical studies in human patients. ..
- SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS IN THE SHIKIMATE PATHWAYBruce Ganem; Fiscal Year: 2003..R-Domain swapping experiments will establish whether feedback control elements in the P/T proteins are interchangeable, and whether different mechanisms are involved. ..
- PHYSIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE NATURAL PRODUCTSDouglass Taber; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the course of these investigations, new molecular reactivity will be developed that will substantially shorten current routes to polycyclic natural products and drug candidates. ..
- PHI-443: Novel Non-Spermicidal Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of PHI-443 in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- CONTROLLED-RELEASE SEALANT TO PREVENT SECONDARY CARIESKenneth Anusavice; Fiscal Year: 2004..mutans, site specific levels of S. mutans at the margins of amalgam and composite restorations, and the width of marginal crevices adjacent to amalgam and composite restorations). ..
- METVAN: A Novel Anticancer AgentOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge gained from these studies described under Specific Aims 1-2 is expected to facilitate the design of innovative treatment regimens employing METVAN for metastatic breast cancer and brain tumor patients. ..
- FAILURE ANALYSIS OF DENTAL RESTORATIONSJanet Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Dentino-enamel junction genetic-structural correlationShane White; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Method for Chromium Analysis in Biological FluidsZiling Xue; Fiscal Year: 2005..The research results can be applied immediately in the analysis of chromium in biological fluids, a goal articulated in the NIH program Chromium as Adjuvant Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes and Impaired Glucose Tolerance (PA-01-114). ..
- Phase II SBIR: WHI-07: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Methyl Mercury Evaluation in Dental Waste WaterJames Drummond; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hypothesis: Element mercury released in DWW is converted to Hg(lI) and then in more limited amounts to methyl-mercury by specific biofilm bacterial species in the Dental sewage pipes. ..
- Stampidine: A Novel Broad-Spectrum Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of STAMP in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- Evaluation of Fiber Biomaterials for Oral ImplantologyMartin Freilich; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary comparison between these prosthesis designs will be the incidence of Outcomes Requiring Intervention (failure of prosthesis or non-failures requiring intervention) observed over three years of recall examination. ..
- Asymmetric Catalysis by Transition MetalsGREGORY FU; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] the application of these new ligands to the development of highly enantioselective transition metal-catalyzed reactions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biodurability of Dentin-Adhesive Resin Bond JointSteven Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- New Cycloadditions in SynthesisMARC SNAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Vanadocenes as a New Class of Spermicidal DrugsOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..