Genomes and Genes
Summary: A rare, metallic element designated by the symbol, Ga, atomic number 31, and atomic weight 69.72.
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- Single gallium nitride nanowire lasersJustin C Johnson
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 1460, USA
Nat Mater 1:106-10. 2002..b>Gallium nitride (GaN) is a wide-bandgap semiconductor of much practical interest, because it is widely used in ..
- Second harmonic generation in gallium phosphide photonic crystal nanocavities with ultralow continuous wave pump powerKelley Rivoire
E L Ginzton Laboratory, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 4085, USA
Opt Express 17:22609-15. 2009We demonstrate second harmonic generation in photonic crystal nanocavities fabricated in the semiconductor gallium phosphide...
- Gallium poisoning: a rare case reportChris S Ivanoff
College of Dentistry, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 875 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 50:212-5. 2012The authors present a case of a college student who suffered acute gallium poisoning as a result of accidental exposure to gallium halide complexes. This is extremely rare and has never been reported in the literature...
- Effect of gallium arsenide diode laser on human periodontal disease: a microbiological and clinical studySelcuk Yilmaz
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Lasers Surg Med 30:60-6. 2002....
- Surfactant-free, large-scale, solution-liquid-solid growth of gallium phosphide nanowires and their use for visible-light-driven hydrogen production from water reductionJianwei Sun
Joint Center for Artificial Photosynthesis JCAP, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:19306-9. 2011..The results indicate that colloidal surfactant-free GaP NWs combined with potent surface electrocatalysts could serve as promising photocathodes for artificial photosynthesis...
- Combined administration of oxalic acid, succimer and its analogue for the reversal of gallium arsenide-induced oxidative stress in ratsSwaran J S Flora
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Defence Research and Development Establishment, Jhansi Road, Gwalior 474002, India
Arch Toxicol 76:269-76. 2002b>Gallium arsenide (GaAs), a group III-VA intermetallic semiconductor, possesses superior electronic and optical properties and has a wide application in the electronics industry...
- The potential of desferrioxamine-gallium as an anti-Pseudomonas therapeutic agentEhud Banin
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:16761-6. 2008..Here we report the novel use of a metallo-complex, desferrioxamine-gallium (DFO-Ga) that targets P. aeruginosa iron metabolism...
- Comparison of 18F-FDG and 68Ga PET imaging in the assessment of experimental osteomyelitis due to Staphylococcus aureusTatu J Makinen
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:1259-68. 2005..This experimental study compared 18F-FDG and 68Ga in PET imaging of osteomyelitis and normal bone healing...
- Complexation of metal ions with TRAP (1,4,7-triazacyclononane phosphinic acid) ligands and 1,4,7-triazacyclononane-1,4,7-triacetic acid: phosphinate-containing ligands as unique chelators for trivalent galliumJakub Simeček
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Univerzita Karlova Charles University, Hlavova 2030, 12843 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Inorg Chem 51:577-90. 2012..The discussed TRAP ligands are suitable alternatives for the development of (68)Ga radiopharmaceuticals...
- FDG-PET is superior to gallium scintigraphy in staging and more sensitive in the follow-up of patients with de novo Hodgkin lymphoma: a blinded comparisonJonathan W Friedberg
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 45:85-92. 2004..The present study prospectively compares FDG-PET with gallium/SPECT scintigraphy at time of diagnosis and in follow-up of 36 patients with HD...
- Soft tissue reactions evoked by implanted gallium phosphideCecilia E Linsmeier
Neuronano Research Center, BMC F10, Lund University, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Biomaterials 29:4598-604. 2008..Nanostructured surfaces may improve electrical properties and lower evoked tissue responses. Vertical gallium phosphide (GaP) nanowires epitaxially grown from a GaP surface is one way of creating nanostructured electrodes...
- Study of the structural role of gallium and aluminum in 45S5 bioactive glasses by molecular dynamics simulationsGianluca Malavasi
Department of Chemical and Geological Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via G Campi 183, 41125 Modena, Italy
J Phys Chem B 117:4142-50. 2013The structural properties of phosphosilicate glasses based on the 45S5 Bioglass doped with gallium and aluminum (46.2 SiO2·24.3Na2O·26.9CaO·2.6P2O5·1...
- Comparison of (11)C-acetate positron emission tomography and (67)Gallium citrate scintigraphy in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaShuren Li
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Liver Int 26:920-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare prospectively the Gallium-67 citrate ((67)Ga) scintigraphy results with those obtained by positron emission tomography (PET) using (11)C-..
- Vapor-solid growth of one-dimensional layer-structured gallium sulfide nanostructuresGuozhen Shen
Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics and College of Optoelectronic Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, PR China
ACS Nano 3:1115-20. 2009b>Gallium sulfide (GaS) is a wide direct bandgap semiconductor with uniform layered structure used in photoelectric devices, electrical sensors, and nonlinear optical applications...
- Metalloprobes: synthesis, characterization, and potency of a novel gallium(III) complex in human epidermal carcinoma cellsScott E Harpstrite
Molecular Imaging Center, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University Medical School, Box 8225, 510 S Kingshighway Blvd, St Louis, MO 63110, United States
J Inorg Biochem 101:1347-53. 2007..Herein, we synthesized and structurally characterized a gallium(III) complex (5) of the naphthol-Schiff base ligand...
- In vivo and in vitro modulation of carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) phagocyte oxidative burst activity by galliumStéphane Betoulle
Laboratory of Eco Toxicology and International Institute for Metal Ions Research, Reims Champagne Ardenne University, Reims, France
J Toxicol Environ Health A 65:603-15. 2002Since gallium is a metal ion used in semiconductor industry, the toxicological effects were previously evaluated in mammals but the ecotoxicological impacts remain unknown...
- Deep-ultraviolet solar-blind photoconductivity of individual gallium oxide nanobeltsLiang Li
International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics MANA, National Institute for Materials Science NIMS, Namiki 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0044, Japan
Nanoscale 3:1120-6. 2011..Present Ga2O3 nanobelts can be exploited for future applications in photo sensing, light-emitting diodes, and optical switches...
- A printable form of single-crystalline gallium nitride for flexible optoelectronic systemsKeon Jae Lee
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 104 S Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Small 1:1164-8. 2005
- GaN@ZIF-8: selective formation of gallium nitride quantum dots inside a zinc methylimidazolate frameworkDaniel Esken
Department of Inorganic Chemistry II, Ruhr University Bochum, 44801 Bochum, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 133:16370-3. 2011..The data give evidence for the presence of GaN nanoparticles (1-3 nm) embedded in the cavities of ZIF-8, including a blue-shift of the PL emission band caused by the quantum size effect...
- Directing substrate morphology via self-assembly: ligand-mediated scission of gallium-indium microspheres to the nanoscaleJ Nathan Hohman
California NanoSystems Institute and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, United States
Nano Lett 11:5104-10. 2011We have developed a facile method for the construction of liquid-phase eutectic gallium-indium (EGaIn) alloy nanoparticles. Particle formation is directed by molecular self-assembly and assisted by sonication...
- Nanosuspensions of alendronate with gallium or gadolinium attenuate neointimal hyperplasia in ratsHila Epstein
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, POB 12065, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Control Release 117:322-32. 2007..with a minimum amount of expients, could be formulated by complexing the negatively charged alendronate with gallium or gadolinium...
- [Evaluation of motor and sensory neuroconduction of the median nerve in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome treated with non-coherent light emitted by gallium arsenic diodes]C Viera Alemán
Depart de Fisiología Aplicada, Hospital Clinico Quirurgico Hermanos Ameijeiras, La Habana, 10300, Cuba
Rev Neurol 32:717-20. 2001..A good alternative without undesired reactions is irradiation of the carpal tunnel with not coherent light between 920 and 940 nm emitted by gallium arsenide diodes, resembling the physic and therapeutic laser effects.
- 18F-FDG-PET, gallium-67 and somatostatin receptor scintigraphy, in ocular MALT lymphomaVahid Reza Dabbagh Kakhki
Hell J Nucl Med 11:49; author reply 50. 2008
- [Fever of unknown origin (FUO), scintigraphy with Gallium 67 citrate scintigraphy and malignant lymphoma of soft tissues]F Salinas
Servicios de Medicina Interna y Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, El Palmar, Murcia
Rev Esp Med Nucl 23:427-8. 2004
- The SAM, not the electrodes, dominates charge transport in metal-monolayer//Ga2O3/gallium-indium eutectic junctionsWilliam F Reus
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
ACS Nano 6:4806-22. 2012The liquid-metal eutectic of gallium and indium (EGaIn) is a useful electrode for making soft electrical contacts to self-assembled monolayers (SAMs)...
- Gallium(III), cobalt(III) and copper(II) protoporphyrin IX exhibit antimicrobial activity against Porphyromonas gingivalis by reducing planktonic and biofilm growth and invasion of host epithelial cellsTeresa Olczak
Laboratory of Biochemistry, University of Wroclaw, Tamka 2, 50 137 Wroclaw, Poland
Arch Microbiol 194:719-24. 2012..In contrast, cobalt(III), gallium(III) and copper(II) protoporphyrin IX exhibited antimicrobial activity against P...
- Optically rewritable patterns of nuclear magnetization in gallium arsenideJonathan P King
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, 201 Gilman Hall, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nat Commun 3:918. 2012....
- Mechanism of gallium 67 accumulation in inflammatory tissueA Ando
School of Allied Medical Professions, Kanazawa University, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med 17:21-7. 1990The present study was undertaken to elucidate the accumulation mechanism of gallium 67 in inflammatory tissue. 67Ga accumulation in inflammatory tissue was observed by macro- and microautoradiogram...
- Novel semiconductor materials for the development of chemical sensors and biosensors: a reviewNikos Chaniotakis
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Crete, Voutes 71003 Iraklion, Crete, Greece
Anal Chim Acta 615:1-9. 2008..is given to the selective interaction of novel semiconductor surfaces, including doped conductive diamond, gallium nitride, and indium nitride, with the analyte, and how this interaction can be properly transduced using ..
- Mesoporous bioactive scaffolds prepared with cerium-, gallium- and zinc-containing glassesShruti Shruti
Department of Chemical and Geological Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Acta Biomater 9:4836-44. 2013..Cerium, gallium and zinc trace elements were selected because of their inherent beneficial biological properties...
- A 3-year clinical evaluation of a gallium restorative alloyA Kiremitci
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Oral Rehabil 30:664-7. 2003..One such material is gallium-based alloy restoratives...
- The Porphyromonas gingivalis HmuY haemophore binds gallium(iii), zinc(ii), cobalt(iii), manganese(iii), nickel(ii), and copper(ii) protoporphyrin IX but in a manner different to iron(iii) protoporphyrin IXHalina Wojtowicz
University of Wrocław, Faculty of Biotechnology, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Tamka St 2, 50 137 Wrocław, Poland
Metallomics 5:343-51. 2013..HmuY binds gallium(iii), zinc(ii), cobalt(iii), manganese(iii), nickel(ii), and copper(ii) protoporphyrin IX but in a manner ..
- The effect of gallium-aluminum-arsenide 808-nm low-level laser therapy on healing of skin incisions made using a diode laserMetin Gungormus
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Photomed Laser Surg 27:895-9. 2009..To investigate the effect of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on healing of skin incisions made using a diode laser in rats...
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy of an investigational anticancer gallium(III) drug: interaction with serum proteins, elemental distribution pattern, and coordination of the compound in tissueAlfred A Hummer
Institut für Biophysikalische Chemie, Universitat Wien, Althanstraße 14, 1090 Wien, Austria
J Med Chem 55:5601-13. 2012Tris(8-quinolinolato)gallium(III) (1, KP46) is a very promising investigational anticancer drug...
- Sonodynamically induced apoptosis and active oxygen generation by gallium-porphyrin complex, ATX-70Nagahiko Yumita
Yokohama College of Pharmacy, 601, Matano cho, Totsuka ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 245 0066, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:1071-8. 2010..study, we investigated the induction of apoptosis by ultrasound in the presence of the photochemically active gallium-porphyrin complex, 7,12-bis(1-decyloxyethyl)-Ga(III)-3,8,13,17-tetramethyl-porphyrin 2,18-dipropionyl diaspartic ..
- Effects of heat shock, stannous chloride, and gallium nitrate on the rat inflammatory responseS D House
Department of Biology, Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ 07079, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 6:164-71. 2001..In this study, male Wistar rats were stress conditioned with either stannous chloride or gallium nitrate, which have immunosuppressive effects in vivo and in vitro, or heat shock, the most intensively studied ..
- Setup of a scanning near field infrared microscope (SNIM): imaging of sub-surface nano-structures in gallium-doped siliconJean Sebastien Samson
Physical Chemistry II, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys 8:753-8. 2006..Using this "chemical nanoscope" we could image a sub-surface structure of implanted gallium ions in a topographically flat silicon wafer giving evidence for a near-field contrast...
- Clinical value of gallium-67 scintigraphy in assessment of disease activity in Wegener's granulomatosisR H J A Slart
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Groningen University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 62:659-62. 2003Diagnosis of active pulmonary and paranasal involvement in patients with Wegener's granulomatosis (WG) can be difficult. The diagnostic value of gallium-67 scintigraphy in WG is unclear.
- Photochemical functionalization of gallium nitride thin films with molecular and biomolecular layersHeesuk Kim
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Langmuir 22:8121-6. 2006We demonstrate that photochemical functionalization can be used to functionalize and photopattern the surface of gallium nitride crystalline thin films with well-defined molecular and biomolecular layers...
- Arsenic moiety in gallium arsenide is responsible for neuronal apoptosis and behavioral alterations in ratsSwaran J S Flora
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Defence Research and Development Establishment, Jhansi Road, Gwalior 474 001, India
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 240:236-44. 2009b>Gallium arsenide (GaAs), an intermetallic semiconductor finds widespread applications in high frequency microwave and millimeter wave, and ultra fast supercomputers...
- Water-soluble cationic gallium(III) and indium(III) phthalocyanines for photodynamic therapyMahmut Durmus
Gebze Institute of Technology, Department of Chemistry, PO Box 141, Gebze 41400, Kocaeli, Turkey
J Inorg Biochem 104:297-309. 2010The new tetra-non-peripheral and peripheral 2-mercaptopyridine substituted gallium(III) and indium(III) phthalocyanine complexes (np-GaPc, p-GaPc, np-InPc and p-InPc) and their quaternized derivatives (Qnp-GaPc, Qp-GaPc, Qnp-InPc and Qp-..
- Gallium and other main group metal compounds as antitumor agentsMichael A Jakupec
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Vienna, Wahringer Strasse 42, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Met Ions Biol Syst 42:425-62. 2004b>Gallium has been the second metal to show activity against malignant tumors in humans soon after the establishment of platinum drugs in routine clinical practice...
- Gallium uptake by transferrin and interaction with receptor 1Zohra Chikh
ITODYS Interfaces, Traitements, Organisation et Dynamique des Systemes, Université Paris 7 CNRS UMR 7086, 1 rue Guy de la Brosse, 75005, Paris, France
J Biol Inorg Chem 12:90-100. 2007The kinetics and thermodynamics of Ga(III) exchange between gallium mononitrilotriacetate and human serum transferrin as well as those of the interaction between gallium-loaded transferrin and the transferrin receptor 1 were investigated ..
- Measurement of glomerular filtration rate with chromium-51 ethylene diamino tetraacetic acid in the presence of gallium-67 citrate: a novel method for the solution of the problemGeorgios Arsos
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, Greece
Nucl Med Commun 32:221-6. 2011..This type of correction is problematic in the case of gallium-67 (⁶⁷Ga) mainly because of the close vicinity of its 300 keV photopeak with that of the 320 keV photopeak of ..
- Morphology control of layer-structured gallium selenide nanowiresHailin Peng
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nano Lett 7:199-203. 2007..The participation of Ga in the VLS catalyst is important for achieving different morphologies of GaSe. In addition, GaSe nanotubes are also prepared by a slow growth process...
- In vitro and in vivo antimicrobial activities of gallium nitrate against multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumanniiLuísa C S Antunes
Department of Biology, University Roma Tre, Rome, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:5961-70. 2012..baumannii chemotherapy using gallium as an iron mimetic...
- Gallium nitride nanowire based nanogenerators and light-emitting diodesChih Yen Chen
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
ACS Nano 6:5687-92. 2012..Moreover, the GaN nanowire LED can be lighted up by the power provided by a ZnO nanowire based nanogenerator, demonstrating a self-powered LED using wurtzite-structured nanomaterials...
- Co-encapsulation of gallium with gentamicin in liposomes enhances antimicrobial activity of gentamicin against Pseudomonas aeruginosaM Halwani
The Novel Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems Facility, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada P3E 2C6
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:1291-7. 2008The aim of this study was to enhance the antimicrobial efficacy of a liposomal gentamicin formulation with gallium metal (Lipo-Ga-GEN) against clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Dental post-operative sensitivity associated with a gallium-based restorative materialS M Dunne
Department of Conservative Dentistry, GKT Dental Institute, King s College London
Br Dent J 189:310-3. 2000This study forms part of a 2-year longitudinal clinical trial to compare the performance of a gallium-based restorative material (Galloy) with a high copper, mercury based (Dispersalloy) control material.
- Synthesis, pH-dependent structural characterization, and solution behavior of aqueous aluminum and gallium citrate complexesM Matzapetakis
Department of Chemistry, University of Crete, Heraklion 71409, Greece
Inorg Chem 40:1734-44. 2001..The properties of 1-6 may provide clues relevant to their biological association with humans...
- Nanoscale footprints of self-running gallium droplets on GaAs surfaceJiang Wu
Arkansas Institute for Nanoscale Material Science and Engineering, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20765. 2011In this work, the nanoscale footprints of self-driven liquid gallium droplet movement on a GaAs (001) surface will be presented and analyzed...
- Interaction of Triapine and related thiosemicarbazones with iron(III)/(II) and gallium(III): a comparative solution equilibrium studyEva A Enyedy
Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, University of Szeged, P O Box 440, H 6701, Szeged, Hungary
Dalton Trans 40:5895-905. 2011..In addition the fluorescence properties of the ligands in aqueous solution and their changes caused by Ga(III) were studied...
- Controlled delivery of antimicrobial gallium ions from phosphate-based glassesS P Valappil
Division of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, University College London, Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London, UK
Acta Biomater 5:1198-210. 2009b>Gallium-doped phosphate-based glasses (PBGs) have been recently shown to have antibacterial activity...
- Gallium(III) and iron(III) complexes of alpha-N-heterocyclic thiosemicarbazones: synthesis, characterization, cytotoxicity, and interaction with ribonucleotide reductaseChristian R Kowol
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Vienna, Waehringer Strasse 42, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Med Chem 50:1254-65. 2007A series of gallium(III) and iron(III) complexes with five different 4N-substituted alpha-N-heterocyclic thiosemicarbazones, viz...
- A hypothesis for anti-nanobacteria effects of gallium with observations from treating kidney diseaseGeorge A Eby
George Eby Research, 14909 C Fitzhugh Road, Austin, TX 78736, United States
Med Hypotheses 71:584-90. 2008..b>Gallium has antibiotic properties to iron-dependent bacteria and has potent anti-inflammatory, anticancer and anti-..
- Gallium modulates osteoclastic bone resorption in vitro without affecting osteoblastsElise Verron
INSERM U, LIOAD, France
Br J Pharmacol 159:1681-92. 2010b>Gallium (Ga) has been shown to be effective in the treatment of disorders associated with accelerated bone loss, including cancer-related hypercalcemia and Paget's disease...
- The overexpression of NADPH-producing enzymes counters the oxidative stress evoked by gallium, an iron mimeticR Beriault
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON, P3E 2C6, Canada
Biometals 20:165-76. 2007b>Gallium (Ga), an iron (Fe) mimetic promoted an oxidative environment and elicited an antioxidative response in Pseudomonas fluorescens. Ga-stressed P...
- Gallium(III) complexes of DOTA and DOTA-monoamide: kinetic and thermodynamic studiesVojtěch Kubíček
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague, Hlavova 8, 128 40 Prague, Czech Republic
Inorg Chem 49:10960-9. 2010Given the practical advantages of the (68)Ga isotope in positron emission tomography applications, gallium complexes are gaining increasing importance in biomedical imaging...
- The transition metal gallium disrupts Pseudomonas aeruginosa iron metabolism and has antimicrobial and antibiofilm activityYukihiro Kaneko
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 7242, USA
J Clin Invest 117:877-88. 2007..Here we investigate a "Trojan horse" strategy that uses the transition metal gallium to disrupt bacterial Fe metabolism and exploit the Fe stress of in vivo environments...
- Port-A catheter-associated Nocardia bacteremia detected by gallium inflammation scan: a case report and literature reviewChung Hsu Lai
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Scand J Infect Dis 36:775-7. 2004..Nocardia bacteremia was diagnosed on the basis of the clinical response to removal of the catheter and the finding of increased gallium uptake, along with the Port-A catheter presented in the gallium inflammation scan.
- Involvement of fumarase C and NADH oxidase in metabolic adaptation of Pseudomonas fluorescens cells evoked by aluminum and gallium toxicityDaniel Chenier
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada P3E 2C6
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:3977-84. 2008..In this study, aluminum (Al) and gallium (Ga), two Fe mimetics, severely impeded the ability of the soil microbe Pseudomonas fluorescens to perform ..
- Synthesis, structure, and molecular dynamics of gallium complexes of schizokinen and the amphiphilic siderophore acinetoferrinEvgeny A Fadeev
Department of Chemistry, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:12065-75. 2004..The molecular structure of gallium schizokinen, GaSz, was determined by combined (1)H NMR, Hartree-Fock ab initio calculations, DFT, and empirical ..
- Effects of different protocol doses of low power gallium-aluminum-arsenate (Ga-Al-As) laser radiation (650 nm) on carrageenan induced rat paw ooedemaR Albertini
Research Group of Fluorescence, IP and D UNIVAP R, Shishima Hifumi, 2911, 12244 000 Sao Jose dos Campos, SP, Brazil
J Photochem Photobiol B 74:101-7. 2004..Our results suggest that low power laser irradiation possibly exerts its anti-inflammatory effects by stimulating the release of adrenal corticosteroid hormones...
- Antimicrobial activity of gallium against virulent Rhodococcus equiin vitro and in vivoJ R Harrington
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 29:121-7. 2006..This study evaluated the antimicrobial activity of gallium against R. equi, as a potential chemoprophylactic and therapeutic agent...
- Phenylthiyl radical complexes of gallium(III), iron(III), and cobalt(III) and comparison with their phenoxyl analoguesS Kimura
, , Germany
J Am Chem Soc 123:6025-39. 2001..complexes [M(III)L(1)] (M = Ga, Fe, Co), [M(III)L(2)] (M = Ga, Fe, Co), and [M(III)L(3)] (M = Ga, Co) where the gallium and cobalt complexes possess an S = 0 and the iron complexes an S = (5)/(2) ground state. Complexes [CoL(1)]...
- Gallium nitrate in the treatment of lymphomaDavid J Straus
Lymphoma Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Semin Oncol 30:25-33. 2003b>Gallium nitrate is effective and well tolerated for the treatment of cancer-related hypercalcemia. At somewhat higher doses, gallium nitrate also has cytotoxic activity against a variety of cancers...
- The serum protein binding of pharmacologically active gallium(III) compounds assessed by hyphenated CE-MS techniquesMichael Groessl
University of Vienna, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Vienna, Austria
Electrophoresis 30:2720-7. 2009..Herein, the utilization of CE-MS methods for studying the binding behavior of a therapeutic gallium nitrate formulation and the anticancer drug candidate Tris(8-oxyquinolinato)gallium(III) to Tf and HSA under ..
- Gallium uptake in pericardial fat necrosisHidemasa Takao
Department of Radiology, Showa General Hospital, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 29:378-9. 2004
- Effects of gallium on common carp (Cyprinus carpio): acute test, serum biochemistry, and erythrocyte morphologyJen Lee Yang
Institute of Zoology, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan, ROC
Chemosphere 53:877-82. 2003b>Gallium (Ga) is one of the intermetallic elements that are increasingly being used in making high-speed semiconductors such as gallium arsenide...
- Tamoxifen flare hypercalcemia: an additional support for gallium nitrate usageGovinda Pillai Arumugam
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Dr A L M Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani Campus, Chennai, 600 113, India
J Bone Miner Metab 24:243-7. 2006..We evaluated the effect of such a drug, gallium nitrate, on flare hypercalcemia...
- Crystallographic alignment of high-density gallium nitride nanowire arraysTevye Kuykendall
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nat Mater 3:524-8. 2004..and appropriate substrate selection to control the crystallographic growth directions of high-density arrays of gallium nitride nanowires with distinct geometric and physical properties...
- The three-dimensional structure of the gallium complex of azoverdin, a siderophore of Azomonas macrocytogenes ATCC 12334, determined by NMR using residual dipolar coupling constantsEmeric Wasielewski
Laboratoire de Biologie et de Génomique Structurales, Groupe de RMN, UMR 7104 CNRS, ESBS, Bd Sébastien Brant, 67400 Illkirch, France
Biochemistry 41:12488-97. 2002..the N(delta)-acetyl-N(delta)-hydroxyornithine side chains adopting extended conformations in order to chelate the gallium ion. This conformation leaves a large open space permitting access to the gallium ion...
- Gallium disrupts iron uptake by intracellular and extracellular Francisella strains and exhibits therapeutic efficacy in a murine pulmonary infection modelOyebode Olakanmi
Medical Service, VA Medical Center Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:244-53. 2010..Fe acquisition is a potential target for novel therapies. Gallium (Ga) is a transition metal that interferes with cellular Fe metabolism by competing with Fe for uptake/..
- FDG PET and gallium scintigraphy for diagnosis of an advanced jejunal adenocarcinoma with distant metastasesGengo Yamaura
Department of Clinical Oncology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 29:825-7. 2004
- Toxicity of indium arsenide, gallium arsenide, and aluminium gallium arsenideAkiyo Tanaka
Department of Hygiene, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 198:405-11. 2004b>Gallium arsenide (GaAs), indium arsenide (InAs), and aluminium gallium arsenide (AlGaAs) are semiconductor applications...
- Pre-Irradiation of blood by gallium aluminum arsenide (830 nm) low-level laser enhances peripheral endogenous opioid analgesia in ratsSatoshi Hagiwara
Department of Brain and Nerve Science, Anesthesiology, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, 1 1 Idaigaoka Hasamamachi Yufu City Oita 879 5593, Japan
Anesth Analg 107:1058-63. 2008..We investigated whether pre-irradiation of blood by LLLT enhances peripheral endogenous opioid analgesia...
- Role of oxidative stress in the induction of metallothionein-2A and heme oxygenase-1 gene expression by the antineoplastic agent gallium nitrate in human lymphoma cellsMeiying Yang
Division of Neoplastic Diseases, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 45:763-72. 2008The mechanisms of action of gallium nitrate, an antineoplastic drug, are only partly understood...
- Biological monitoring of exposures to aluminium, gallium, indium, arsenic, and antimony in optoelectronic industry workersY H Liao
Department of Public Health, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Occup Environ Med 46:931-6. 2004The main objective of this study was to investigate aluminum, gallium, indium, arsenic, and antimony exposures on blood and urine levels in the optoelectronic workers. One hundred seventy subjects were enrolled in this cohort study...
- Gallium phosphide nanowires as a substrate for cultured neuronsWaldemar Hällström
Division of Solid State Physics and The Nanometer Structure Consortium, Lund University, P O Box 118, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Nano Lett 7:2960-5. 2007Dissociated sensory neurons were cultured on epitaxial gallium phosphide (GaP) nanowires grown vertically from a gallium phosphide surface. Substrates covered by 2...
- Anticancer activity of dinuclear gallium(III) carboxylate complexesMilena R Kaluderović
Department of Oral, Maxillofacial and Facial Plastic Surgery, University of Leipzig, Nürnberger Str 57, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Med Chem 45:519-25. 2010..The molecular structure of 5 was determined by X-ray diffraction studies. The cytotoxic activity of the gallium(III) complexes (1-5) was tested against human tumor cell lines 8505C anaplastic thyroid cancer, A253 head and ..
- Resistance to the antineoplastic agent gallium nitrate results in marked alterations in intracellular iron and gallium trafficking: identification of novel intermediatesNeil P Davies
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, The Iron Metabolism and Chelation Program, Randwick, Sydney, New South Wales
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:153-62. 2006b>Gallium (Ga) shows significant antitumor activity by markedly interfering with iron (Fe) metabolism, and (67)Ga is used as a radio-imaging agent for cancer detection...
- Gallium in cancer treatmentMichael A Jakupec
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Vienna, Waehringer Strasse 42, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Curr Top Med Chem 4:1575-83. 2004The trivalent gallium cation is capable of inhibiting tumor growth, mainly because of its resemblance to ferric iron...
- Randomized, double-blind, phase II trial of gallium nitrate compared with pamidronate for acute control of cancer-related hypercalcemiaFrédérique Cvitkovic
Centre Rene Huguenin, Saint Cloud, France
Cancer J 12:47-53. 2006Both gallium nitrate and pamidronate are highly effective for acute control of cancer-related hypercalcemia. However, the proportion of patients who actually achieve normocalcemia has varied in published reports...
- Exposure and health risk of gallium, indium, and arsenic from semiconductor manufacturing industry workersH W Chen
Department of Environmental Engineering and Health, Yuanpei University of Science and Technology, 306 Yuanpei Street, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan, Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 78:123-7. 2007
- Size and density control of In droplets at near room temperaturesJ H Lee
Department of Electrical Engineering, Kwangwoon University, Nowon Gu, Seoul, Korea
Nanotechnology 20:285602. 2009..This study provides an aid to understanding the formation of In droplets at near room temperatures and can find applications in the formation of quantum structures and/or nanostructures based on droplet epitaxy...
- Development of gallium compounds for treatment of lymphoma: gallium maltolate, a novel hydroxypyrone gallium compound, induces apoptosis and circumvents lymphoma cell resistance to gallium nitrateChristopher R Chitambar
Division of Neoplastic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:1228-36. 2007Clinical studies have shown gallium nitrate to have significant antitumor activity against non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and bladder cancer, thus indicating that gallium-based drugs have potential for further development as antineoplastic ..
- Gallium, indium, and arsenic pollution of groundwater from a semiconductor manufacturing area of TaiwanH W Chen
Department of Environmental Engineering and Health, Yuanpei University of Science and Technology, 306 Yuanpei Street, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan, Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 77:289-96. 2006
- Inhibition of the proteasome activity by gallium(III) complexes contributes to their anti prostate tumor effectsDi Chen
The Prevention Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer Res 67:9258-65. 2007..b>Gallium(III) and subsequently developed gallium(III)-containing complexes have shown promising antineoplastic effects ..
- Gallium maltolate treatment eradicates Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in thermally injured miceKatrina DeLeon
Department of Surgery, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:1331-7. 2009b>Gallium (Ga) is a semimetallic element that has demonstrated therapeutic and diagnostic-imaging potential in a number of disease settings, including cancer and infectious diseases...
- Lipid peroxidation in workers exposed to aluminium, gallium, indium, arsenic, and antimony in the optoelectronic industryYen Hsiung Liao
Kent Institute of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Kent, and School of Public Health, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan corrected
J Occup Environ Med 48:789-93. 2006The objective of this study was to investigate whether exposure to aluminum, gallium, indium, arsenic, and antimony induces lipid peroxidation in humans.
- Synthesis, structure, and anticancer activity of gallium(III) complexes with asymmetric tridentate ligands: growth inhibition and apoptosis induction of cisplatin-resistant neuroblastoma cellsRajendra Shakya
Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, 5101 Cass Avenue, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Inorg Chem 45:6263-8. 2006Five gallium(III) complexes described as [Ga(III)(LX)2]ClO4, where (LX)- is the deprotonated form of a series of asymmetric ligands containing pyridine and 4,6-substituted phenol moieties, were synthesized and characterized by ..
- Gallium-induced cell death in lymphoma: role of transferrin receptor cycling, involvement of Bax and the mitochondria, and effects of proteasome inhibitionChristopher R Chitambar
Division of Neoplastic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226
Mol Cancer Ther 5:2834-43. 2006b>Gallium nitrate is a metallodrug with clinical efficacy in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Its mechanisms of antineoplastic action are not fully understood...
- Gallium(III) complexes of 2-pyridineformamide thiosemicarbazones: cytotoxic activity against malignant glioblastomaIsolda C Mendes
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Eur J Med Chem 44:1870-7. 2009The gallium(III) complexes [Ga(2Am4DH)(2)]NO(3) (1), [Ga(2Am4Me)(2)]NO(3) (2) and [Ga(2Am4Et)(2)]NO(3) (3) were prepared with 2-pyridineformamide thiosemicarbazone (H2Am4DH) and its N(4)-methyl (H2Am4Me) and N(4)-ethyl (H2Am4Et) ..
- Gallium maltolate is a promising chemotherapeutic agent for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaMei Sze Chua
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5655, USA
Anticancer Res 26:1739-43. 2006Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a particularly lethal cancer with few treatment options. Since gallium is known to accumulate specifically in HCC tumors but not in non-tumor liver, we investigated two gallium compounds, gallium nitrate ..
- The gallium complex KP46 exerts strong activity against primary explanted melanoma cells and induces apoptosis in melanoma cell linesSeied Mojtaba Valiahdi
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Melanoma Res 19:283-93. 2009The antineoplastic properties of gallium are well documented. Owing to their robust accumulation of gallium, melanoma cells should be amenable to gallium-based anticancer drugs...
- Pseudolymphoma syndrome: findings on a gallium-67 citrate scanGirolamo Moschilla
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Division of Medical Imaging, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia
Clin Nucl Med 31:16-7. 2006
- Activity of gallium nitrate in refractory peripheral T-cell lymphomaZuoMing Huang
Department of Hematology Oncology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Lymphoma 6:43-5. 2005..The authors report significant clinical activity of infusional gallium nitrate in a patient with stage IV PTCL disease refractory to chemotherapy.
- Gallium compounds as antineoplastic agentsChristopher R Chitambar
Division of Neoplastic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 16:547-52. 2004The purpose of this review is to provide an outline of the basic and clinical information on gallium nitrate as an antineoplastic agent...
- Gene expression analysis of gallium-resistant and gallium-sensitive lymphoma cells reveals a role for metal-responsive transcription factor-1, metallothionein-2A, and zinc transporter-1 in modulating the antineoplastic activity of gallium nitrateMeiying Yang
Division of Neoplastic Diseases, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:633-43. 2007Several clinical trials have shown gallium nitrate to be an active agent in the treatment of lymphoma. Whereas gallium is known to target cellular iron homeostasis, the basis for lymphoma cell resistance to gallium is not known...
- Testicular toxicity evaluation of arsenic-containing binary compound semiconductors, gallium arsenide and indium arsenide, in hamstersM Omura
Department of Hygiene, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Toxicol Lett 89:123-9. 1996The testicular toxicities of gallium arsenide (GaAs), indium arsenide (InAs) and arsenic trioxide (As2O3) were examined by repetitive intratracheal instillation using hamsters. GaAs (7.7 mg/kg) and As2O3 (1...
- Gallium in cancer treatmentPhilippe Collery
Service de cancérologie, Polyclinique Maymard, rue Marcel Paul, Bastia, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 42:283-96. 2002b>Gallium (Ga) is the second metal ion, after platinum, to be used in cancer treatment. Its activities are numerous and various...
- NOVEL PET AGENT FOR MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION IMAGINGVijay Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2013..we have identified a lead cationic and moderately hydrophobic radiopharmaceutical 1A based on generator-produced gallium-68 that demonstrates high extraction into the myocardium of normal mice and rats, including efficient clearance ..
- Iron Acquisition by Mycobacterium tuberculosis Within PhagocytesBradley E Britigan; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application will explore one potential mechanism of doing this using gallium. Thus, increased understanding of how M...
- Inhalable Gallium Nitrate Anti-Infective Powder for CFVu L Truong; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term goal of this project (which is outside the scope of this application) is to investigate the use of gallium nitrate as an anti-infective to treat chronic P. aeruginosa lung infections in CF patients...
- Short Wavelength UV Sources for Treatment of PsoriasisJOSEPH SMART; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal concentrates on the development of LEDs based on aluminum gallium nitride (AlGaN) alloys that can cover a large and useful portion of the UV spectrum...
- Development of a kit based PET molecular imaging agent: edotreotide Ga 68 for soJames F Kronauge; Fiscal Year: 2010..centers outside the US have been performing PET imaging with edotreotide Ga-68 and recently a high-quality gallium-68 generator has become available...
- Studies on bacterial populations and new therapeutics for CF lung infectionsPradeep K Singh; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Project 1, we examine a novel anti-infective approach that uses the metal gallium (Ga) to disrupt bacterial iron (Fe) metabolism...
- A kit based PET agent: edotreotide Ga 68 for clinical imaging of somatostatin recJames F Kronauge; Fiscal Year: 2012..academic centers outside the US have been performing PET imaging with edotreotide Ga-68 and two commercial gallium-68 generators have become available...
- Image-guided Diagnosis and Therapy of Neuroendocrine TumorsM SUE O'DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our strong preliminary data generated with GMP DOTATOC (MIP) and a gallium generator (EZ), demonstrate that [68Ga]DOTATOC can now be reliably prepared using disposable GMP compliant ..
- Proof of Principle Evaluation of IV Gallium Nitrate in Patients with CFCHRISTOPHER HOOPER GOSS; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that a strategy that uses the metal gallium (Ga) to disrupt bacterial Fe, metabolism holds promise as an antimicrobial approach...
- Phase 2 Study of Intravenous Gallium Nitrate in the Treatment of Cystic FibrosisCHRISTOPHER HOOPER GOSS; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that a strategy that uses the metal gallium (Ga) to disrupt bacterial Fe metabolism holds promise as an antimicrobial approach...
- HIV ASSOCIATED NEPHROPATHY IN CHILDRENJOSE STRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 1993..persistent abnormal proteinuria or hematuria, increased kidney size or echogenicity, or decreased GFR will have a Gallium scan and a renal biopsy...
- CELLULAR UPTAKE AND INTERACTION OF IRON AND GALLIUMChristopher Chitambar; Fiscal Year: 1992Iron is an essential requirement for cellular proliferation. The metal gallium appears to inhibit cell growth by interfering with iron uptake and with iron-dependent steps in DNA synthesis...
- Gallium, a potential new therapeutic for CF airway infectionsPradeep K Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010Here we investigate a novel antimicrobial approach using the metal gallium (Ga) as a "Trojan horse" to disrupt bacterial Fe metabolism...
- TARGETED METAL CHELATORS FOR DIAGNOSTIC IMAGINGMichael Welch; Fiscal Year: 2001Metal radionuclides are widely used in diagnostic imaging. Radioisotopes of gallium, indium, technetium and copper are used in nuclear medicine studies while gadolinium chelates act as paramagnetic contrast agents in conjunction with ..
- VCSEL technology for ultrahigh speed OCT retinal and anterior eye imagingVIJAYSEKHAR JAYARAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..These advances are made feasible by lower power requirements for ophthalmic OCT and mature Gallium Arsenide materials...
- Ultra-soft atomic force microscope (USAFM) technology using nano-cantilevers forMEHDI YAZDANPANAH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Metallic silver-gallium (Ag2Ga) nano- cantilevers produced by NaugaNeedles are Ideal candidates for ultra-sensitive cantilevers since (a) ..
- PRE-TARGETED GALLIUM-68 POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHYGary Griffiths; Fiscal Year: 1999..targeting with the sensitivity of positron emission tomography, and with the practical convenience of the gallium-68 generator...
- IRON REGULATION OF HUMAN TRANSFERRIN SYNTHESISDavid Haile; Fiscal Year: 1999..to design more effective therapies for cancer, in which transferrin is used as a carrier of toxic agents such as gallium or covalently linked ligand such as doxorubicin to target these agents to rapidly growing tumor cells which ..
- GALLIUM ARSENIDE SUPPRESSION OF ANTIGEN PROCESSINGKATHLEEN MCCOY; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from the Investigator's Abstract) Gallium arsenide (GaAs) is a semiconductor used in the electronics industry. GaAs exposure of animals induces profound immunosuppression...
- AN IONIC GA-68 GENERATOR FOR USE IN NUCLEAR MEDICINEMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 1980The proposed research is aimed at (1) the development of a radionuclide generator system for ionic gallium-68 using column chromatography (ion exchange or adsorption chromatography), and (2) the labeling of biologically active proteins ..
- Shared Instrument: Focus microPETSteven Larson; Fiscal Year: 2005..19/9 Ebco cyclotron, producing a broad array of positron-emitting radionuclides (eg carbon-11, fluorine-18, gallium-66, yttium-86, iodine-124 etc) and radiotracers (e.g...
- PET Radiotracers to Evaluate Tumor Multidrug ResistanceMark Green; Fiscal Year: 2006The objective of this project is the development of novel gallium radiopharmaceuticals for non-invasive assessment of tumor multidrug resistance using positron emission tomography (PET)...
- ISOPRENE, INDIUM PHOSPHIDE, GALLIUM ARSENIDEBilly Chou; Fiscal Year: 2000..of this project is to determine the potential toxicity and carcinogenicity of isoprene, indium phosphide, gallium arsenide, and optionally glutaraldehyde, by inhalation to Fischer 344 rats and B6C3Fl mice...
- RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS LABELED WITH METAL RADIONUCLIDESMark Green; Fiscal Year: 1993..the development of blood flow tracers labeled with generator-produced positron-emitting nuclides (copper-62 and gallium-68)...
- Use of Gallium to Prevent Pseudomonas Biofilm FormationBradley Britigan; Fiscal Year: 2005..aeruginosa biofilm formation and enhances its susceptibility to tobramycin. Gallium (Ca), a group IliA transition metal disrupts the Fe metabolism of many cell types...
- Short Wavelength UV LEDs Based on Bulk Nitride SubstratesLEO SCHOWALTER; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed approach is based on the fabrication of UV LEDs in the aluminum gallium nitride (AIGaN) material system on a recently-developed bulk single-crystal aluminum nitride (AIM) substrate...
- STUDY OF GALLIUM ACCUMULATION IN INFLAMMATORY LESIONSMin Fu Tsan; Fiscal Year: 1980The purpose of this project is to study the mechanism of gallium-67 accumulation in inflammatory lesions. We have demonstrated that gallium-67 is taken up by human polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMN) and a variety of microorganisms...
- ANTI-REFLUX SURGERY FOR LONG-TERM URINARY DIVERSIONJerome Richie; Fiscal Year: 1980..b>Gallium-67 citrate scans and antibody-coated bacteria will be correlated with histologic evidence (biopsy) of ..
- Molecular Modeling in Metal Based Imaging Agent DesignDAVID REICHERT; Fiscal Year: 2001..new force fields for metals of interest in imaging modalities such as SPECT, PET and MRI, these include copper, gallium, indium, technetium, and gadolinium...
- GALLIUM THERAPY FOR MYCOBACTERIAL INFECTIONSLarry Schlesinger; Fiscal Year: 1999..b>Gallium (Ga), a group IIIA transition metal, particularly in the form of Ga nitrate [Ga(NO3)3], has been used clinically ..
- Tumor uptake of Ga-67 by photodegraded nifedipineKathryn Morton; Fiscal Year: 2004..by Applicant): This proposal is the first competing renewal of a 3-year RO1 grant to improve the uptake of gallium-67 for tumor imaging...
- CULTURED EPIDERMAL GRAFTS FOR BURN PATIENTSMeena Katdare; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary studies have also shown that gallium nitrate (GN), a group III transitional element, induces dermal fibroblasts to upregulate integrin expression and ..
- ROLE OF MMPS IN ALLOGRAFT REJECTION AND ACCEPTANCERobert Fairchild; Fiscal Year: 2001..In Specific Aim 3 we will test mechanisms regulating CD4+ T cell production of MMP-9 in gallium nitrate and m anti-CD4 mAb treated recipients of allogeneic cardiac grafts...
- Molecular Imaging by Affinity Enhancement PETGary Griffiths; Fiscal Year: 2003..This secondary recognition hapten will be radiolabeled with gallium-68, a positron-emitting radionuclide, and will be molecularly designed to rapidly flush from the living system if ..
- EFFECT OF GALLIUM ON BONERichard Bockman; Fiscal Year: 1992Title; Effect of Gallium on Bone The major objective of this continuation application is to study the effects of gallium, a group IIIa meal, on bone metabolism...
- EASTERN PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY CONSORTIUMSTEVEN ARKIN; Fiscal Year: 2000..Specific pilot studies will include a phase I study of Gallium Nitrate, a phase I Study of 9-cis retinoic acid and novel cell cycle based therapeutic approaches to ..
- Cellular Targets for Gallium Compounds in LymphomaChristopher Chitambar; Fiscal Year: 2008..In early clinical trials, gallium nitrate (NSC15200) demonstrated significant clinical activity in lymphoma but its use in lymphoma was never ..
- Novel Ternary Ligand 99m Tc-Nitrido Complexes as Heart Imaging AgentsShuang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Cationic 99mTc Complexes for Heart ImagingShuang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Successful development of new 99mTc perfusion imaging agents will have a profound impact on diagnostic evaluation, risk stratification, and therapeutic decision-making in patients with CAD. ..
- Utility of [F-18] fluoroDOPA for neonatal hyperinsulism: A Phase IIChaitanya Divgi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Model for the Prevention of Post-Transplant Skin CancerAnne Vanbuskirk; Fiscal Year: 2005..This model will provide the pre-clinical basis for new clinical trials in immunosuppressed patients, who are at extremely high risk for developing life-threatening, UV-induced SCC. ..
- Pre-Conditioning Pancreatic Islets for TransplantationGinny Bumgardner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The effect of oxygen pre-conditioning on islet viability and function in vivo will be determined using fluorescence microscopy and the marginal mass model of islet transplantation. ..
- Lung tumor detection using biomagnetic imagingLAUREL SILLERUD; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- In vivo testing of the role of TGFb in PTLDAnne Vanbuskirk; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results from this pilot study will indicate whether TGFb is crucial to tumor formation in the SCID-Hu PBL mouse model. ..
- PET IMAGING OF THE 5HT TRANSPORTER IN ALCOHOLISMZsolt Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this project will lead to better understanding of the role of serotonin in the biological vulnerability for alcoholism and may lead to improved approaches to prevent and treat alcoholism. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN IMAGING METHODS FOR CANCERStephen Moore; Fiscal Year: 2002..Some didactic course work is offered at Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The patient population includes those treated at Dana-Farber-Partners Cancer Care. ..
- PTLD: cytokine production and gene polymorphismsRobert Baiocchi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our overall goal is to use this data as a springboard for R01 proposals to study the molecular epidemiology of PTLD and to perform prospective therapeutic clinical trials in PTLD patients. ..