Summary: A metallic element that has the atomic symbol Bi, atomic number 83 and atomic weight 208.98.
Publications357 found, 100 shown here
- An X-ray computed tomography imaging agent based on long-circulating bismuth sulphide nanoparticlesOded Rabin
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Nat Mater 5:118-22. 2006..These nanoparticles and their bioconjugates are expected to become an important adjunct to in vivo imaging of molecular targets and pathological conditions...
- Moxifloxacin-containing triple therapy versus bismuth-containing quadruple therapy for second-line treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection: a meta-analysisCheng Wu
Department of Digestive Endoscopy, Division of Southern Building, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Helicobacter 16:131-8. 2011..Moxifloxacin-containing triple therapy has been suggested as an alternative second-line therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection...
- Microbial methylation of metalloids: arsenic, antimony, and bismuthRonald Bentley
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 66:250-71. 2002..The other metalloid elements of the periodic table group 15, antimony and bismuth, also undergo biomethylation to some extent...
- Exfoliation and characterization of bismuth telluride atomic quintuples and quasi-two-dimensional crystalsDesalegne Teweldebrhan
Department of Electrical Engineering and Materials Science, Bourns College of Engineering, University of California Riverside, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Nano Lett 10:1209-18. 2010b>Bismuth telluride (Bi(2)Te(3)) and its alloys are the best bulk thermoelectric materials known today. In addition, stacked quasi-two-dimensional (2D) layers of Bi(2)Te(3) were recently identified as promising topological insulators...
- Bismuth-containing quadruple therapy as second-line treatment for Helicobacter pylori infection: effect of treatment duration and antibiotic resistance on the eradication rate in KoreaByoung Hwan Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, South Korea
Helicobacter 15:38-45. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of bismuth-containing quadruple therapy as second-line treatment for H. pylori infection based on treatment duration.
- Standard triple, bismuth pectin quadruple and sequential therapies for Helicobacter pylori eradicationXiao Zhong Gao
Division of Gastroenterology, Weihai Municipal Hospital, Weihai 264200, Shandong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:4357-62. 2010To compare the effectiveness of standard triple, bismuth pectin quadruple and sequential therapies for Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) eradication in a randomized, double-blinded, comparative clinical trial in China.
- Efficacy and safety of single-triple capsules of bismuth biskalcitrate, metronidazole and tetracycline, given with omeprazole, for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori: an international multicentre studyC O'Morain
Department of Gastroenterology, Adelaide and Health Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:415-20. 2003The high prevalence of Helicobacter pylori resistance to metronidazole demands treatments more effective than standard bismuth-based triple therapy against these strains.
- Electrodeposited bismuth telluride nanowire arrays with uniform growth frontsLynn Trahey
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nano Lett 7:2535-9. 2007b>Bismuth telluride (Bi2Te3) nanowires were deposited into porous alumina templates with 35 nm diameter pores by a pulsed-potential electrodeposition method...
- Methylated bismuth, but not bismuth citrate or bismuth glutathione, induces cyto- and genotoxic effects in human cells in vitroU von Recklinghausen
Institute of Hygiene and Occupational Health, University Hospital, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Chem Res Toxicol 21:1219-28. 2008b>Bismuth compounds are widely used in industrial processes and products...
- Levofloxacin-based triple therapy versus bismuth-based quadruple therapy for persistent Helicobacter pylori infection: a meta-analysisRichard J Saad
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, 3912 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:488-96. 2006Levofloxacin-based triple therapy has been suggested as an alternative salvage therapy to bismuth-based quadruple therapy for persistent Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection.
- Targeted killing of virally infected cells by radiolabeled antibodies to viral proteinsEkaterina Dadachova
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, United States of America
PLoS Med 3:e427. 2006..The aim of this proof-of-principle study was to demonstrate the efficacy of a therapeutic strategy of targeting and eliminating HIV-1-infected cells with radiolabeled antibodies specific to viral proteins in vitro and in vivo...
- A systematic comparison of triple therapies for treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection with proton pump inhibitor/ ranitidine bismuth citrate plus clarithromycin and either amoxicillin or a nitroimidazoleM J Janssen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:613-24. 2001Triple therapies with proton pump inhibitor/ranitidine bismuth citrate (RBC), clarithromycin (C) and either amoxicillin (A) or a nitroimidazole (I) are widely accepted as treatment for Helicobacter pylori infection...
- Moxifloxacine plus amoxicillin and ranitidine bismuth citrate or esomeprazole triple therapies for Helicobacter pylori infectionZeki Mesut Yalin Kilic
Department of Gastroenterology, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 53:3133-7. 2008..patients were randomized into four groups to receive one of the following 14-day treatments: ranitidine bismuth citrate (RBC) 400 mg b.d. plus amoxicillin 1 g b.d. and clarithromycin 500 mg b.d...
- Sequential cytarabine and alpha-particle immunotherapy with bismuth-213-lintuzumab (HuM195) for acute myeloid leukemiaTodd L Rosenblat
Department of Medicine and the Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:5303-11. 2010..antibody without the nonspecific cytotoxicity associated with β-emitters, the α-particle-emitting radionuclide bismuth-213 ((213)Bi) was conjugated to lintuzumab...
- Role of Hpn and NixA of Helicobacter pylori in susceptibility and resistance to bismuth and other metal ionsH L Mobley
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
Helicobacter 4:162-9. 1999..We tested the hypothesis that Hpn and NixA govern susceptibility to metal ions in H. pylori...
- Effect of bismuth oxide radioopacifier content on the material properties of an endodontic Portland cement-based (MTA-like) systemKristian S Coomaraswamy
Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Birmingham, St Chad s Queensway, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Endod 33:295-8. 2007The effect of bismuth oxide (Bi2O3) radioopacifier addition on the material properties of an endodontic Portland cement-based system were investigated...
- Intravesical alpha-radioimmunotherapy with 213Bi-anti-EGFR-mAb defeats human bladder carcinoma in xenografted nude miceBirgit Pfost
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Nucl Med 50:1700-8. 2009....
- Anti-CD45 pretargeted radioimmunotherapy using bismuth-213: high rates of complete remission and long-term survival in a mouse myeloid leukemia xenograft modelJohn M Pagel
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 118:703-11. 2011..These data suggest that anti-CD45 PRIT using an α-emitting radionuclide may be highly effective and minimally toxic for treatment of acute myeloid leukemia...
- Effects of simvastain and enamel matrix derivative on Portland cement with bismuth oxide-induced growth and odontoblastic differentiation in human dental pulp cellsSo Youn Lee
Department of Maxillofacial Tissue Regeneration, School of Dentistry and Institute of Oral Biology, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Endod 38:405-10. 2012We previously reported that bismuth oxide containing Portland cement (BPC) showed similar biocompatibility to Portland cement (PC) in periodontal ligament cells...
- Intralesional targeted alpha therapy for metastatic melanomaBarry J Allen
Centre for Experimental Radiation Oncology, St George Hospital, Kogarah, NSW 2217, Australia
Cancer Biol Ther 4:1318-24. 2005..This paper reports the development and application of intralesional targeted alpha therapy (TAT) for melanoma, being the first part of a program to establish a new systemic therapy...
- Exposure of cultured human proximal tubular cells to cadmium, mercury, zinc and bismuth: toxicity and metallothionein inductionV Rodilla
Department of Medicine, University of Aberdeen, UK
Chem Biol Interact 115:71-83. 1998..The results showed that bismuth was not toxic even at the highest dose (100 microM) used, while zinc, cadmium and mercury exhibited varying ..
- Bismuth nanoparticles for phenolic compounds biosensing applicationCarmen C Mayorga-Martinez
Nanobioelectronics and Biosensors Group, CIN2 ICN CSIC, Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Campus de la UAB, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Biosens Bioelectron 40:57-62. 2013..A mediator-free amperometric biosensor for phenolic compounds detection based on the combination of bismuth nanoparticles (BiNPs) and Tyr for phenol detections will be hereby reported...
- [Efficacy of a multistep strategy for Helicobacter pylori eradication: quadruple therapy with omeprazole, metronidazole, tetracycline and bismuth after failure of a combination of omeprazole, clarithromycin and amoxycillin]J M Baena Diez
Area Básica de Salud Dr Carles Ribas Barcelona
Med Clin (Barc) 115:617-9. 2000..To evaluate the efficacy of a multistep strategy for Helicobacter pylori (HP) eradication...
- Bioinorganic chemistry of bismuth and antimony: target sites of metallodrugsRuiguang Ge
Department of Chemistry and Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, PR China
Acc Chem Res 40:267-74. 2007The biocoordination chemistry of antimony and bismuth has been extensively investigated due to the historical use of these metals in medicine...
- Inhibition of urease by bismuth(III): implications for the mechanism of action of bismuth drugsLi Zhang
Department of Chemistry and Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, PR China
Biometals 19:503-11. 2006b>Bismuth compounds are widely used for the treatment of peptic ulcers and Helicobacter pylori infections. It has been suggested that enzyme inhibition plays an important role in the antibacterial activity of bismuth towards this bacterium...
- Bismuth modified carbon-based electrodes for the determination of selected neonicotinoid insecticidesValéria Guzsvány
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Environmental Protection, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Trg D Obradovica 3, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
Molecules 16:4451-66. 2011Two types of bismuth modified electrodes, a bismuth-film modified glassy carbon (BiF-GCE) and a bismuth bulk modified carbon paste, were applied for the determination of selected nitroguanidine neonicotinoid insecticides...
- A comparison between sequential therapy and a modified bismuth-based quadruple therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradication in Iran: a randomized clinical trialHafez Fakheri
Department of Gastroenterology, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Mazandaran, Iran
Helicobacter 17:43-8. 2012..So we designed a study to compare a sequential regimen with a bismuth-based quadruple therapy that contains a short course of furazolidone, in Iran.
- Parallel on-line detection of a methylbismuth species by hyphenated GC/EI-MS/ICP-MS technique as evidence for bismuth methylation by human hepatic cellsMarkus Hollmann
Institute of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, University of Duisburg Essen, Universitaetsstrasse 3 5, Essen, Germany
Metallomics 2:52-6. 2010..HepG2 cells were incubated with colloidal bismuth subcitrate, bismuth cysteine and bismuth glutathione, respectively for a period of 24 h...
- High-linear energy transfer (LET) alpha versus low-LET beta emitters in radioimmunotherapy of solid tumors: therapeutic efficacy and dose-limiting toxicity of 213Bi- versus 90Y-labeled CO17-1A Fab' fragments in a human colonic cancer modelT M Behr
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Cancer Res 59:2635-43. 1999..Due to its short physical half-life, 213Bi appears to be especially suitable for use in conjunction with fast-clearing fragments...
- Improvement of biological time-of-flight-secondary ion mass spectrometry imaging with a bismuth cluster ion sourceDavid Touboul
Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 16:1608-18. 2005A new liquid metal ion gun (LMIG) filled with bismuth has been fitted to a time-of-flight-secondary ion mass spectrometer (TOF-SIMS). This source provides beams of Bi(n)q+ clusters with n = 1-7 and q = 1 and 2...
- Targeted alpha particle immunotherapy for myeloid leukemiaJoseph G Jurcic
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 100:1233-9. 2002..This study demonstrates the safety, feasibility, and antileukemic effects of (213)Bi-HuM195, and it is the first proof-of-concept for systemic targeted alpha particle immunotherapy in humans...
- Pretargeting radioimmunotherapy of a murine model of adult T-cell leukemia with the alpha-emitting radionuclide, bismuth 213Meili Zhang
Metabolism Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 100:208-16. 2002..T-cell leukemia with an anti-Tac antibody-streptavidin (HAT-SA) conjugate, which recognizes CD25, followed by bismuth 213 ((213)Bi)-1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-N,N',N",N"'-tetraacetic acid (DOTA)- biotin...
- Systematic review: Antacids, H2-receptor antagonists, prokinetics, bismuth and sucralfate therapy for non-ulcer dyspepsiaP Moayyedi
Gastroenterology Unit, City Hospital NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1215-27. 2003Evidence for the effectiveness of antacids, histamine-2 receptor antagonists, bismuth salts, sucralfate and prokinetic therapy in non-ulcer dyspepsia is conflicting.
- In vitro evaluation of 213Bi-rituximab versus external gamma irradiation for the treatment of B-CLL patients: relative biological efficacy with respect to apoptosis induction and chromosomal damageKatia Vandenbulcke
Department of Radiopharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:1357-64. 2003..Long-term toxicity on healthy B and T lymphocytes was systematically higher for the alpha emitter (RBE=5 to 2)...
- Surfactant-free synthesis of hyperbranched monoclinic bismuth vanadate and its applications in photocatalysis, gas sensing, and lithium-ion batteriesYu Zhao
Department of Nanomaterials and Nanochemistry, Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui, P R China
Chemistry 14:1601-6. 2008....
- Bismuth telluride (Bi2Te3) nanowires: synthesis by cyclic electrodeposition/stripping, thinning by electrooxidation, and electrical power generationE J Menke
Institute For Surface and Interface Science and Department of Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92679 2025, USA
Langmuir 22:10564-74. 2006..onto these nuclei using a cyclic electrodeposition-stripping scheme that involved the electrodeposition of bismuth-rich Bi2Te3 on a negative-going voltammetric scan (to -0...
- Atomically thick bismuth selenide freestanding single layers achieving enhanced thermoelectric energy harvestingYongfu Sun
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at the Microscale, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230026, PR China
J Am Chem Soc 134:20294-7. 2012..This work develops a facile strategy for synthesizing atomically thick single layers and demonstrates their superior ability to optimize the thermoelectric energy harvesting...
- Autometallographic tracing of bismuth in human brain autopsiesM Stoltenberg
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 60:705-10. 2001For decades, drugs containing bismuth have been used to treat gastrointestinal disorders...
- Importance of receptor density in alpha radioimmunotherapy in B cell malignancies: an in-vitro studyKatia Vandenbulcke
Department of Radiopharmacy, Ghent University, Belgium
Nucl Med Commun 25:1131-6. 2004..The development of RIT with alpha emitters is attractive because of the high linear energy transfer (LET) and short path length, allowing higher tumour cell kill and lower toxicity to healthy tissues...
- In vitro and preclinical targeted alpha therapy of human prostate cancer with Bi-213 labeled J591 antibody against the prostate specific membrane antigenY Li
Centre for Experimental Radiation Oncology, Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, Kogarah, NSW, Australia
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 5:36-46. 2002..Because of its in vitro cytotoxicity and these anti-proliferative properties in vivo, the (213)Bi-J591 conjugate has considerable potential as a new therapeutic agent for the treatment of prostate cancer...
- Flow injection-hydride generation atomic absorption spectrometric determination of selenium, arsenic and bismuthYanlin Zhang
NanoScience and Sensor Technology Research Group, School of Applied Sciences and Engineering, Monash University Gippsland Campus, Churchill, Victoria 3842, Australia
Talanta 76:724-30. 2008..for rapid and reliable hydride generation atomic absorption spectrometric determination of selenium, arsenic and bismuth. The system, which composed of one peristaltic pump and one four channel solenoid valve, used water as the ..
- The effect of curing conditions on the physical properties of tricalcium silicate cement for use as a dental biomaterialL M Formosa
Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malta, Msida, Malta
Int Endod J 45:326-36. 2012..To investigate the physical properties of tricalcium silicate (TCS) with and without the addition of a radiopacifier and compare them with that of Portland cement (PC) and radiopaque PC in an mineral trioxide aggregate-like system...
- A new class of room-temperature multiferroic thin films with bismuth-based supercell structureAiping Chen
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3128, USA
Adv Mater 25:1028-32. 2013..These results open up a new avenue for exploring room-temperature single-phase multiferroic thin films by controlling the phase mixing of two perovskite BiRO(3) (R = Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni) materials...
- The effects of multistrain probiotic compound on bismuth-containing quadruple therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection: a randomized placebo-controlled triple-blind studyAhmad Shavakhi
Department of Internal Medicine, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Helicobacter 18:280-4. 2013Evidence has shown benefits of single-strain probiotics for Helicobacter pylori eradication. We investigated the effects of adding a multistrain probiotic compound on bismuth-containing quadruple therapy for H. pylori infection.
- Synthesis, characterization and enhanced thermoelectric performance of structurally ordered cable-like novel polyaniline-bismuth telluride nanocompositeKrishanu Chatterjee
Department of Physics, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah 711103, West Bengal, India
Nanotechnology 24:215703. 2013b>Bismuth telluride (Bi₂Te₃) nanorods and polyaniline (PANI) nanoparticles have been synthesized by employing solvothermal and chemical oxidative processes, respectively...
- Vacancy associates promoting solar-driven photocatalytic activity of ultrathin bismuth oxychloride nanosheetsMeili Guan
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at the Microscale, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui, 230026, PR China
J Am Chem Soc 135:10411-7. 2013....
- Ten-day Quadruple therapy comprising proton-pump inhibitor, bismuth, tetracycline, and levofloxacin achieves a high eradication rate for Helicobacter pylori infection after failure of sequential therapyPing I Hsu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Helicobacter 19:74-9. 2014..However, it fails in 5-24% of infected subjects, and the recommended levofloxacin-containing triple rescue therapy only achieves a 77% eradication rate after failure of sequential therapy...
- Ethanol-phosphotungstic acid and bismuth staining of spermatid nucleoli in mouse spermiogenesisI K Takeuchi
Department of Embryology, Institute for Developmental Research, Aichi Prefectural Colony, Japan
J Struct Biol 103:104-12. 1990..of developing mouse spermatids were examined with ethanol-phosphotungstic acid (E-PTA) staining, and also with bismuth staining following formaldehyde fixation (FA-Bi staining) and glutaraldehyde fixation (GA-Bi staining)...
- Revealing bismuth oxide hollow nanoparticle formation by the Kirkendall effectKai Yang Niu
Materials Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, United States
Nano Lett 13:5715-9. 2013We study the formation of bismuth oxide hollow nanoparticles by the Kirkendall effect using liquid cell transmission electron microscopy (TEM). Rich dynamics of bismuth diffusion through the bismuth oxide shell have been captured in situ...
- Nanoparticles of the novel coordination polymer KBi(H2O)2[Fe(CN)6]·H2O as a potential contrast agent for computed tomographyVindya S Perera
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 44240, USA
Inorg Chem 50:7910-2. 2011An aqueous synthetic procedure for preparing nanoparticles of the novel potassium bismuth ferrocyanide coordination polymer KBi(H(2)O)(2)[Fe(CN)(6)]·H(2)O is reported...
- Retreatment of Helicobacter pylori infection after initial treatment failureD J Kearney
Gastroenterology Section, University of Washington, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 96:1335-9. 2001..pylori infection remains limited. The existing data support the use of bismuth-based quadruple therapy or ranitidine bismuth citrate (RBC)-based triple therapy as the preferred agents after ..
- Preparation and testing of bevacizumab radioimmunoconjugates with Bismuth-213 and Bismuth-205/Bismuth-206Syed M Abbas Rizvi
Centre for Experimental Radiation Oncology CERO, Division of Cancer Services, St George Hospital, Kogarah, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Biol Ther 7:1547-54. 2008..The in vitro and in vivo stability tests were carried out using Bi-213 and long half-life Bismuth isotope (Bi-205/Bi-206) for pharmacokinetics...
- Bismuth film electrodes for the study of metal thiolate complexation: an alternative to mercury electrodesArístides Alberich
Departament de Quimica Analitica, Facultat de Quimica, Universitat de Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1 11, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Talanta 78:1017-22. 2009A comparative study of the usual static mercury drop electrode (SMDE) and the bismuth film electrode (BiFE) as applied to the analysis of metal complexation by thiol-rich peptides is done...
- Bismuth autometallography: protocol, specificity, and differentiationG Danscher
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Histochem Cytochem 48:1503-10. 2000We provide a detailed protocol of the autometallographic bismuth technique and evaluate the specificity of the technique...
- Synthesis and photocatalytic properties of bismuth titanate with different structures via oxidant peroxo method (OPM)André E Nogueira
LIEC Laboratório Interdisciplinar de Eletroquímica e Cerâmica, Departamento de Quimica, UFSCar Universidade Federal de São Carlos, Rod Washington Luis Km 235, CP 676 São Carlos, SP 13565 905, Brazil Electronic address
J Colloid Interface Sci 415:89-94. 2014b>Bismuth titanate (Bi4Ti3O12 and Bi12TiO20) powders were synthesized by the Oxidant Peroxide Method (OPM), and the effect of temperatures on physical and chemical properties of particles was investigated...
- Efficient photocatalytic removal of NO in indoor air with hierarchical bismuth oxybromide nanoplate microspheres under visible lightZhihui Ai
Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, Research Center for Environmental Technology and Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Environ Sci Technol 43:4143-50. 2009In this study, hierarchical bismuth oxybromide (BiOBr) nanoplate microspheres were used to remove NO in indoor air under visible light irradiation...
- Bismuth coating of non-tunneled haemodialysis catheters reduces bacterial colonization: a randomized controlled trialRalf Schindler
Department of Nephrology and Intensive Care Medicine, Charite Virchow Klinikum, Universitaetsmedizin zu Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:2651-6. 2010..Haemodialysis (HD) catheter-related blood stream infections are a major cause of morbidity and mortality in patients with acute and chronic renal failure...
- Salvage therapies after failure of Helicobacter pylori eradication with ranitidine bismuth citrate-based therapiesF K Chan
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 14:91-5. 2000Salvage therapies after initial Helicobacter pylori eradication failure of ranitidine bismuth citrate (RBC)-based regimens remain undefined.
- The initialization and manipulation of quantum information stored in silicon by bismuth dopantsGavin W Morley
London Centre for Nanotechnology, University College London, London WC1H 0AH, UK
Nat Mater 9:725-9. 2010..Heavier impurities such as bismuth in silicon (Si:Bi) could be used in conjunction with Si:P for quantum information proposals that require two ..
- Bismuth in medicineHongzhe Sun
Department of Chemistry, Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, P R China
Met Ions Biol Syst 41:333-78. 2004
- Efficacy of liposomal bismuth-ethanedithiol-loaded tobramycin after intratracheal administration in rats with pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa infectionMoayad Alhariri
Novel Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems Facility, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:569-78. 2013..and in the release of Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence factors, as well as the in vivo antimicrobial activity of bismuth-ethanedithiol incorporated into a liposome-loaded tobramycin formulation (LipoBiEDT-TOB) administered to rats ..
- Preparation and characterization of bismuth oxide nanoparticles-multiwalled carbon nanotube composite for the development of horseradish peroxidase based H₂O₂ biosensorArun Prakash Periasamy
Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, National Taipei University of Technology, No 1, Section 3, Chung Hsiao East Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan, ROC
Talanta 87:15-23. 2011In this work, preparation and characterization of a novel nanocomposite containing bismuth oxide (Bi(2)O(3)) nanoparticles and multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) was presented...
- A highly efficient bismuth salts-catalyzed route for the synthesis of α-aminophosphonatesAntara Banik
Department of Chemistry, The University of Texas Pan American, 1201 West University Drive, Edinburg, TX 78541, USA
Molecules 15:8205-13. 2010..amino phosphonates via one-pot solvent-free three component reactions of aldehydes, amines and phosphites catalyzed by bismuth salts has been investigated. Bismuth triflate is found to be the most effective catalyst for this reaction.
- Anti-Leishmanial activity of homo- and heteroleptic bismuth(III) carboxylatesPhilip C Andrews
School of Chemistry, Monash University, Clayton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Inorg Biochem 105:454-61. 2011b>Bismuth(III) complexes of NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs) and substituted benzoic acids (o-methoxybenzoic acid, m-methoxybenzoic acid, o-nitrobenzoic acid, 3,5-diacetamidobenzoic acid, and 5-[(R/S)-2,3-dihydroxypropyl ..
- Second-line Helicobacter pylori eradication: a randomized comparison of 1-week or 2-week bismuth-containing quadruple therapyJun Won Chung
Department of Internal Medicine, Gil Medical Center, Gachon Graduate School of Medicine, Incheon, Korea
Helicobacter 16:289-94. 2011..b>Bismuth-based quadruple therapy is recommended as a second-line treatment, but the optimal duration of this treatment is ..
- In vitro effect of lead, silver, tin, mercury, indium and bismuth on human sperm creatine kinase activity: a presumable mechanism for men infertilityMohammad Ali Ghaffari
Cellular and Molecular Research Center and Physiology Research Center, Ahwaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Iran Biomed J 15:38-43. 2011The aim of the present study was to investigate the in vitro effects of mercury (Hg+2), lead (Pb+2), silver (Ag+2), tin (Sn+2), bismuth (Bi+3) and indium (In+3) ions on sperm creatine kinase.
- Histochemical tracing of bismuth in testis from rats exposed intraperitoneally to bismuth subnitrateM Stoltenberg
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Reprod Toxicol 14:65-71. 2000The histochemical silver amplification technique autometallography (AMG), was used to trace bismuth in the testis of Wistar rats injected intraperitoneally with bismuth subnitrate...
- Biomolecule-assisted synthesis of highly ordered snowflakelike structures of bismuth sulfide nanorodsQingyi Lu
Materials Research Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:54-5. 2004..By controlling the molar ratio between bismuth nitrate and glutathione as well as the synthetic temperature, several kinds of Bi2S3 one-dimensional ..
- Is eradication of Helicobacter pylori with colloidal bismuth subcitrate quadruple therapy safe?R H Phillips
Dept Clinical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, UK
Helicobacter 6:151-6. 2001..Helicobacter pylori, quadruple 'rescue' therapy is often used which, in Europe, generally comprises colloidal bismuth subcitrate (CBS) based triple therapy and a proton pump inhibitor...
- Nanocrystallization of ferroelectric strontium bismuth vanadium niobate in lithium tetraborate glassesB Harihara Venkataraman
Materials Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:2108-16. 2005..Glass composites comprising vanadium doped strontium bismuth niobate nanocrystallites were obtained by controlled heat-treatment of the as-quenched glasses at 783 K for 6 h...
- Renal uptake of bismuth-213 and its contribution to kidney radiation dose following administration of actinium-225-labeled antibodyJ Schwartz
Department of Medical Physics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Phys Med Biol 56:721-33. 2011..Methods to reduce renal accumulation of radioactive progeny appear to be necessary for the success of (225)Ac radioimmunotherapy...
- Ex vivo assessment of genotoxicity and cytotoxicity in murine fibroblasts exposed to white MTA or white Portland cement with 15% bismuth oxideE G Zeferino
Endodontic Area, Center for Dental Research, São Leopoldo Mandic University, Campinas, Brazil
Int Endod J 43:843-8. 2010To evaluate whether white mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) or white Portland cement with 15% bismuth oxide were able to induce genetic damage and cellular death ex vivo.
- Comparative cellular catabolism and retention of astatine-, bismuth-, and lead-radiolabeled internalizing monoclonal antibodyZ Yao
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Warren G. Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892-1180, USA
J Nucl Med 42:1538-44. 2001..These catabolism differences may be important in the selection of alpha-radionuclides for radioimmunotherapy...
- Coordination of lapachol to bismuth(III) improves its anti-inflammatory and anti-angiogenic activitiesGabrieli L Parrilha
Departamento de Quimica, Instituto de Ciencias Exatas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, 31270 901, Brazil
Biometals 25:55-62. 2012..However, coordination to bismuth(III) could be an interesting strategy for improvement of lapachol's therapeutic properties.
- Chemical composition, radiopacity, and biocompatibility of Portland cement with bismuth oxideYun Chan Hwang
Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Dental Science Research Institute, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 107:e96-102. 2009This study compared the chemical constitution, radiopacity, and biocompatibility of Portland cement containing bismuth oxide (experimental cement) with those of Portland cement and mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA).
- Furazolidone, amoxicillin and omeprazole with or without bismuth for eradication of Helicobacter pylori in peptic ulcer diseaseM R Ghadir
Department of Gastroenterology, Qum University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Turk J Gastroenterol 22:1-5. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare quadruple and triple furazolidone-based regimens to achieve an economically affordable regimen with acceptable success rate and fewer side effects...
- Coordination of bismuth and lead in porphyrins: towards an in-situ generator for alpha-radiotherapy?Zakaria Halime
Universite de Rennes1, Sciences Chimiques de Rennes, UMR CNRS 6226 I C M V, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Biochimie 91:1318-20. 2009In order to investigate the possible coordination of both bismuth(III) and lead(II) by porphyrins for an application in alpha-radioimmunotherapy, several series of functionalized bismuth porphyrins have been synthesized and their ..
- CdTe nanocrystal-based electrochemical biosensor for the recognition of neutravidin by anodic stripping voltammetry at electrodeposited bismuth filmDan Du
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology of Ministry of Education, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 24:869-74. 2008..sensor for recognition of neutravidin, as a model protein, using anodic stripping voltammetry at electrodeposited bismuth film is presented...
- Bismuth heterocycles based on a diphenyl sulfone scaffold: synthesis and substituent effect on the antifungal activity against Saccharomyces cerevisiaeToshihiro Murafuji
Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi 753 8512, Japan
Eur J Med Chem 46:519-25. 2011..b>Bismuth carboxylate 7b derived from p-nitrobenzoic acid and 2e exhibited inhibition activity comparable to those of 2e ..
- Seven-day 'rescue' therapy after Helicobacter pylori treatment failure: omeprazole, bismuth, tetracycline and metronidazole vs. ranitidine bismuth citrate, tetracycline and metronidazoleJ P Gisbert
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of La Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 13:1311-6. 1999..A 'rescue' therapy with a quadruple combination of O, bismuth (B), tetracycline (T) and metronidazole (M) has been recommended.
- A histidine-rich and cysteine-rich metal-binding domain at the C terminus of heat shock protein A from Helicobacter pylori: implication for nickel homeostasis and bismuth susceptibilityShujian Cun
Department of Chemistry and the Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 283:15142-51. 2008..binding of Bi(3+) to the protein altered its quaternary structure from a heptamer to a dimer, indicating that bismuth may interfere with the biological functions of HspA...
- Furazolidone, amoxicillin, bismuth and rabeprazole quadruple rescue therapy for the eradication of Helicobacter pyloriHong Cheng
Department of Gastroenterology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:860-4. 2009..To compare the efficacy and side effect profiles of three furazolidone and amoxicillin-based quadruple rescue therapies for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori (H pylori)...
- Evaluation of the strength and radiopacity of Portland cement with varying additions of bismuth oxideE Saliba
Department of Oral and Dental Science, Bristol Dental School, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Int Endod J 42:322-8. 2009To study the effect of addition of various proportions of bismuth oxide on compressive strength and radiopacity of Portland cement.
- Bismuth(III) complexes derived from non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and their activity against Helicobacter pyloriPhilip C Andrews
School of Chemistry, Monash University, PO Box 23, Clayton, Melbourne, VIC 3800, Australia
Dalton Trans 39:2861-8. 2010The formation of bismuth(III) complexes of carboxylates and benzoates derived from the 1 : 3 reaction of BiPh(3) with the common non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) ketoprofen, naproxen, ibuprofen, mefenamic acid, diflunisal, ..
- Renal epithelial gene expression profile and bismuth-induced resistance against cisplatin nephrotoxicityBerend T Leussink
Toxicology Laboratory, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Hum Exp Toxicol 22:535-40. 2003..Pretreatment with bismuth salts, used as pharmaceuticals to treat gastric disorders, has been demonstrated to reduce cisplatin-induced ..
- Bismuth-213 radioimmunotherapy with C595 anti-MUC1 monoclonal antibody in an ovarian cancer ascites modelEmma Y Song
Centre for Experimental Radiation Oncology, Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, Kogarah, UK
Cancer Biol Ther 7:76-80. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of targeted alpha therapy (TAT) for the control of ascites in an OC ascites mouse model; the biodistribution of (213)Bi-C595 and its long term toxicity...
- A randomized trial of lansoprazole, amoxycillin, and clarithromycin versus lansoprazole, bismuth, metronidazole and tetracycline in the retreatment of patients failing initial Helicobacter pylori therapyN Magaret
Department of Medicine, Sections of Gastroenterology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Dig Dis 19:174-8. 2001..1,000 mg twice daily, and clarithromycin (C) 500 mg twice daily for 14 days (LAC) or L 30 mg four times daily, bismuth subsalicylate (B) 2 tablets four times daily, metronidazole (M) 250 mg four times daily and tetracycline (T) 250 ..
- In situ observation of oscillatory growth of bismuth nanoparticlesHuolin L Xin
Materials Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nano Lett 12:1470-4. 2012..This study shed light on a new route for system engineering to reverse particle coursing by Ostwald ripening...
- Zerovalent bismuth nanoparticles inhibit Streptococcus mutans growth and formation of biofilmRene Hernandez-Delgadillo
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Centro de Investigacion y Desarrollo en Ciencias de la Salud, CIDICS, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, UANL, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Int J Nanomedicine 7:2109-13. 2012..Nanostructured materials are used in many fields, including biological sciences and medicine. While some bismuth derivatives has been used in medicine to treat vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, and stomach pain, the biocidal ..
- Interactions of bismuth with human lactoferrin and recognition of the Bi(III)-lactoferrin complex by intestinal cellsL Zhang
Department of Chemistry, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, PRC
Biochemistry 40:13281-7. 2001Several bismuth compounds are currently used as antiulcer drugs, but the mechanism of action still remains unclear...
- Determination of trace bismuth in human serum by cloud point extraction coupled flow injection inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometryMei Sun
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences on Microscale, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230026, China
J Hazard Mater 192:935-9. 2011A cloud point extraction method for the preconcentration of ultra-trace bismuth in human serum prior to its determination by inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry had been developed in this paper...
- Radiopacity and histological assessment of Portland cement plus bismuth oxideTauby Coutinho-Filho
Department of Endodontics, Rio de Janeiro State University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:e69-77. 2008The present study evaluated the subcutaneous connective tissue reactions and the radiopacity of MTA, Portland cement (PC), and Portland cement plus bismuth oxide (BO).
- A novel therapeutic approach for Helicobacter pylori infection: the bismuth-based triple therapy monocapsuleW A de Boer
Department of Internal Medicine, Ziekenhuis Bernhoven, Postbus 10, 5340 BE Oss, The Netherlands
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 10:1559-66. 2001..b>Bismuth-based triple therapy with bismuth, tetracycline and metronidazole is a well investigated, cheap and FDA approved ..
- Antimony(V) and bismuth(V) complexes of lapachol: synthesis, crystal structure and cytotoxic activityLudmila G de Oliveira
Departamento de Quimica, Instituto de Ciencias Exatas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Molecules 16:10314-23. 2011Antimony(V) and bismuth(V) complexes of lapachol have been synthesized by the reaction of Ph₃SbCl₂ or Ph₃BiCl₂ with lapachol (Lp) and characterized by several physicochemical techniques such as IR, and NMR spectroscopy and X-ray ..
- Bismuth-213 and actinium-225 -- generator performance and evolving therapeutic applications of two generator-derived alpha-emitting radioisotopesAlfred Morgenstern
European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Institute for Transuranium Elements, 76125 Karlsruhe, Germany
Curr Radiopharm 5:221-7. 2012..Selected preclinical studies are highlighted and the current clinical experience with (225)Ac and (213)Bi is summarized...
- One-week regimens containing ranitidine bismuth citrate, furazolidone and either amoxicillin or tetracycline effectively eradicate Helicobacter pylori: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind studyH Lu
Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:1975-9. 2001..AIM: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of new 1-week regimens containing ranitidine bismuth citrate, furazolidone and either amoxicillin or tetracycline. METHODS: One hundred and twenty patients with H...
- Conventional and pretargeted radioimmunotherapy using bismuth-213 to target and treat non-Hodgkin lymphomas expressing CD20: a preclinical model toward optimal consolidation therapy to eradicate minimal residual diseaseSteven I Park
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Blood 116:4231-9. 2010..of radioactivity at tumor sites, making it an optimal method to target α-emitters with short half-lives, such as bismuth-213 (²¹³Bi)...
- Synthesis and characterization of a stable bismuth(III) A3-corroleLorenz Michael Reith
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Johannes Kepler University Linz JKU, Altenberger Strasse 69, A 4040 Linz, Austria
Inorg Chem 50:6788-97. 2011An efficient metalation procedure for bismuth complexes with meso-substituted corrole ligands is presented...
- Analysis of the healing response to gutta-percha and Diaket when used as root-end filling materials in periradicular surgeryD E Witherspoon
Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate Endodontics, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System, Dallas, Texas, USA
Int Endod J 33:37-45. 2000..To analyse the healing response to gutta-percha and Diaket when used as root-end filling materials in periradicular surgery...
- Strategies to treat patients with antibiotic resistant Helicobacter pyloriF Megraud
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 16:507-9. 2000..The main rescuse therapy is a bismuth-based quadruple therapy...
- Gastrointestinal and systemic uptake of bismuth in mice after oral exposureAgnete Larsen
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Pharmacol Toxicol 93:82-90. 2003b>Bismuth compounds have been used in medicine for more than 200 years. In recent years, bismuth has gained renewed interest as a remedy for eradication of gastrointestinal pathogens, especially Helicobacter pylori...
- Targeted therapy of pancreatic cancer with in vivo radionuclide generatorEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2012..histones in PCa with specific mAb radiolabeled with powerful in vivo generator of alpha-particles 212-Lead/212-Bismuth (212Pb/212Bi) - we will be able to deliver high tumoricidal doses to the tumors without toxicity to normal ..
- Clinical Development of SQ109 for H. pylori InfectionLISA BETH FERSTENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..currently a regimen of 2 to 4 antibiotics administered for up to 14 days with a proton pump inhibitor or an oral bismuth preparation...
- Interaction of AIDS-associated microbes with radiationEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to utilize Lead-212/Bismuth-212 parent- daughter pair as an -emitter and radiolanthanides - as -emitters...
- Peptide-targeted alpha-particle emitting phage for ovarian cancer therapy.Thomas P Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2013..or capsids filled with nanoparticles of lead-212 (212Pb), the parent of the alpha-particle emitting radionuclide bismuth-212 (212Bi), for directed intraperitoneal ovarian cancer treatment...
- Novel tungsten and bismuth nanoparticle contrast agents for MicroCT.Vishwas N Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2012..We now propose to develop heavy metal nanoparticle contrast agents based on tungsten and bismuth that are lot cheaper than our gold-based contrast agents and more absorptive than iodine...
- Levodopa Pharmacokinetic Optimization by Metal CoordinationThomas Piccariello; Fiscal Year: 2013..Some speculate that avoiding pulsatile delivery may slow the progression of PD. Synthonics found that bismuth forms a stable coordination complex with levodopa to form bismuth subdopate, the active ingredient in MCP-311...
- INORGANIC ION EXCHANGERS FOR 213BI GENERATORSPaul Sylvester; Fiscal Year: 1999..Two classes of zirconium phosphonates have already achieved good bismuth separations from americium (a surrogate for actinium) and these results will be improved upon during Phase I...
- Targeted Nanoparticles of Bismuth Organo Complexes for Spectral CT Imaging of CorY Andrew Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This NanoK platform technology offers unique benefits for diagnosis and treatment of acute coronary disease that could improve healthcare outcomes and reduce costs. ..
- DOUBLE-BLIND STUDY FOR LONG-TERM OF ULCER HEMORRHAGEDennis Jensen; Fiscal Year: 1992..to receive either a one time course of antimicrobial therapy (Metronidazole 250 TID, tetracycline 500mg TID, and bismuth subcitrate 240mg BID for two weeks) and an histamine 2 receptor antagonist (H2RA) placebo maintenance for the ..
- RADIOPAQUE ADHESIVES AND DENTAL RESTORATIVE RESINSISRAEL CABASSO; Fiscal Year: 2000..To obtain reactive, radiopaque, adhesive resin components we wiU: optimize the yield of the bismuth-styrene derivatives, synthesize Sb-styrene monomers, synthesize the Bi, Ti, Zr, and Hf derivatives of vinylbenzyl ..
- NATURAL HISTORY OF CAMPYLOBACTER ASSOCIATED GASTRITISPelayo Correa; Fiscal Year: 1990..p. in chronic gastritis. In 1988 we will have completed in New Orleans a randomized trial of bismuth subsalicylate vs placebo in chronic active gastritis...
- LOW COST, HIGH PERFORMANCE HTS MAGNETS FOR NMRMichael Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2000..However, high temperature superconductors are brittle ceramic materials (BSCCO is bismuth, strontium, calcium, copper oxide and YBCO is yttrium, barium, copper oxide)...
- ROLE OF CAMPYLOBACTER PYLORIDIS IN NON-ULCER DYSPEPSIARobert Gilman; Fiscal Year: 1990..However, a number of key questions remain open: 1. Are there safe, inexpensive antibiotics and/or colloidal bismuth preparations capable of being used for long periods of time which will erradicate CP from the gastric mucosa? 2...
- Bi(III)-Initiated Chemistry: Mechanistic Investigations of Catalytic ActivityRobert Hinkle; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Bismuth compounds have recently blossomed as very useful reagents for organic synthesis and catalytic quantities initiate a wide-range of reactions...
- ANTIBODY THERAPY OF MICROMETASTASESGeorge Sgouros; Fiscal Year: 1999..gamma, breast), CC49 (anti-tag-72, Colorectal), and the single- chain fragment (sFv) of CC49 will be labeled with bismuth-213 (alpha- emitter, 46 min half-life), bismuth-205 (15.3 d) and indium-111 (2...
- Antimicrobial & Immunization for Bacterial GastritisJOSEPH CUMMINS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Combination antimicrobial therapy (triple therapy with a bismuth salt, metranidazole and a broad spectrum antibiotic) is successful in 80% of Hp-infected symptomatic patients; ..
- METALLOTHIONEIN AND ADRIAMYCIN CARDIOTOXICITYY Kang; Fiscal Year: 2006..and late-onset cardiotoxicity, we will develop an experimental strategy for a long-term cardiac MT induction by bismuth or hinokitiol in BALB/c mice...
- Pb-212 generator for cancer therapyHerbert Moore; Fiscal Year: 2004The long-term objective of this proposal is to develop a lead-212/bismuth-212 (Pb-212/bi-212) generator and sufficient amounts of source material that will support clinical trials and approved drug products...
- GENES OF H PYLORI ESSENTIAL FOR GASTRIC COLONIZATIONAndrew Plaut; Fiscal Year: 1999..protein, and experiments are proposed to correlate Hpn expression and protection from the toxic effects of bismuth in vivo...
- NEW, HIGH Z SEMICONDUCTOR SENSOR FOR POSITRON TOMOGRAPHYMICHAEL SQUILLANTE; Fiscal Year: 1991..T1Br has the same effective Z as bismuth germinate (BGO), the leading scintillator material used for PET, and higher density...
- NOVEL APD/BGO DETECTOR ARRAY FOR HIGHER RESOLUTION PETMichael Paulus; Fiscal Year: 1993A new detector consisting of a monolithic array of silicon avalanche photodiodes (APDs) coupled to a bismuth germanate (BGO) scintillator array will be fabricated and tested...
- TWO MILLIMETER PET SCINTILLATION DETECTOR ARRAYWARD DIGBY; Fiscal Year: 1991..The first will be an advance to the current "block" detector concept based on an 8x8 array of Bismuth Germanate (BGO), or Lead Sulfate (PbSO4) scintillation crystals coupled through a light guide to four ..
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- Interaction of AIDS-associated microbes with radiationEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such knowledge will contribute to development of a novel therapeutic modality based on radioimmunotherapy for treatment of currently incurable or multidrug-resistant AIDS-associated opportunistic infections. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of opportunistic infectionsEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have radiolabeled mAb 18B7 with therapeutic radioisotopes 188-Rhenium (1 88-Re) and 21 3-Bismuth (21 3-Bi) and have shown that these radiolabeled antibodies can efficiently eradicate C...
- Rhenium-188 therapy of NIS-expressing breast tumorsEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of this research is to contribute to the development of a novel cost-effective radionuclide therapy for treatment of breast cancer and, possibly, for other NIS-expressing cancers such as thyroid cancer. ..
- ASTATINE AND IODINE RADIOLABELED MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESMichael Zalutsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Targeted Alpha-Particle Emitter Therapy of MetastasesGeorge Sgouros; Fiscal Year: 2009..The work described in this application is intended to develop and evaluate such an approach. ..
- MODELING AND DOSIMETRY FOR RADIOLABELED ANTIBODY THERAPYGeorge Sgouros; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- New Ligands for Radioimmunotherapy and MRI of CancerHyun Soon Chong; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of the proposed research will contribute to the development of better drugs for both MRI and RIT, which will greatly enhance clinical exploration of both modalities, and directly benefit cancer patients. ..
- Astatine 211 & Radioiodine Labeled Octreotide ConjugatesMichael Zalutsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed in vitro studies include characterization of binding, internalization and catabolism; the proposed in vivo studies include evaluation of tissue distribution, dosimetry, catabolism as well as therapeutic efficacy. ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF SIGNALING BY IONIZING RADIATIONDonald Kufe; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- 4th Western Pacific Helicobacter CongressBarry Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2002..Concurrent sessions will allow delegates to prioritise their sessions. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF ARA-C THERAPY IN MANDonald Kufe; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Astatine-211 Conditioning for Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Stem Cell AllograftsBRENDA MARIE SANDMAIER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The final, and most important, studies will involve determining the quantity of 211At-labeled MAb required to obtain stable engraftment in HCT involvingDLA- haploidentical littermates. ..
- The biology of gastrin-ferric ion complexesGRAHAM BALDWIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recognition that metal ions are essential for the biological activity of NAGs may permit the development of novel therapies for colon cancer. ..
- MACROPHAGE DERIVED FACTOR AND LEYDIG CELL FUNCTIONJAMES HUTSON; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Early Detection of Lung Cancer via Bi Plane CorrelationEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings will be used to demonstrate the capability of the approach for improving the detection of lung nodules, and thus the prognosis of lung cancer. ..
- IMPROVING THE DETECTION LIMIT OF POTENTIOMETRIC SENSORSJoseph Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The perturbance of such fluxes by surface binding events will be used to explore novel approaches to biosensing at liquid-polymer interfaces. ..
- Resolution requirements for mammographic displaysEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will be used to formulate recommendations to the breast imaging community concerning display resolution criteria for safe and optimized soft-copy display of digital mammograms. ..
- STEREOSELECTIVE SYNTHESIS OF CYCLIC ETHERSP Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006The aim of this proposal is the development of new tandem bismuth-catalyzed inter- and intramolecular etherification reactions for the construction of non-adjacent and fused polycyclic ethers...
- Ultraviolet-C Therapy for OnychomycosisMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEW RHODIUM-CATALYZED ALLYLIC ALKYLATION REACTIONSP Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..The development of a temporary silicon-tethered (TST) rhodium-catalyzed [4+2+2] carbocyclization approach to the diterpene, epoxydictymene. ..
- Regulation of Oxidative Stress Response by c-Abl and ArgDonald Kufe; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- H.pylori arginase modulation of ulcers and cancerDavid McGee; Fiscal Year: 2007..pylori arginase in protection from innate defenses as well as roles in ulcer and cancer development and optimization of nitrogen levels in vivo. ..
- Macrophage Targeted Photodynamic TherapyMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- MECHANISMS OF CADMIUM TOXICITY IN EPITHELIAL CELLSWALTER PROZIALECK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the results of these studies could have more general implications regarding the mechanisms by which toxic substances affect living organisms. ..
- Bi-Plane Correlation Imaging: Detection of Lung CancerEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will be used to substantiate the capability of BCI for improving the early detection of lung nodules and to optimize its performance on actual clinical cases. ..
- Enteric flora modulates the development of colitisAlbert Jergens; Fiscal Year: 2008..g., graduate students and postdoctoral fellow). There are ample opportunities to attend seminars, journal clubs and work-in-progress research meetings during which the applicant can become engaged in scientific discussions. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of CD20+ Lymphomas & CD45+LeukemiasJOHN PAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..