Genomes and Genes
Summary: The elements OXYGEN; POLONIUM; SELENIUM; SULFUR; and TELLURIUM; that form group 16 (formerly group VI) of the periodic table.
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- Microwave-assisted copper-catalyzed preparation of diaryl chalcogenidesSangit Kumar
Department of Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry, Box 576, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Org Chem 71:5400-3. 2006..Attempts to use dialkyl dichalcogenides for the coupling of alkylchalcogeno moieties to aryl halides were only successful in the case of long-chain (such as n-octyl) disulfides and diselenides...
- Isosteric replacement of sulfur with other chalcogens in peptides and proteinsLuis Moroder
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Pept Sci 11:187-214. 2005....
- Structural and electronic factors controlling the refractive indices of the chalcogenides ZnQ and CdQ (Q = O, S, Se, Te)Xavier Rocquefelte
Institut des Materiaux Jean Rouxel, Laboratoire de Chimie des Solides, Nantes, France
Inorg Chem 44:3594-8. 2005..The total absorption power per formula unit is found to allow one to distinguish the effect of the chromophore from that of the cell volume on the refractive indices of insulating inorganic compounds...
- Insight into the polar reactivity of the onium chalcogen analogues of S-adenosyl-L-methionineDavid F Iwig
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Biochemistry 43:13496-509. 2004..In the accompanying paper, we use the information obtained in these model studies to probe the mechanism of cyclopropane fatty acid synthase via use of the onium chalcogens of AdoMet as methyl donors.
- Crystal architecture of R(2)SnS(5) (R = Pr, Nd, Gd and Tb): crystal structure relationships in chalcogenidesMarek Daszkiewicz
Institute of Low Temperature and Structure Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, 50 950 Wrocław, Poland
Acta Crystallogr B 64:172-6. 2008..The location of the copper ions in the non-stoichiometric compound Y(2)Cu(0.20)Sn(0.95)S(5) is proposed on the basis of comparative analysis of the R-S interatomic distances in the R(2)SnS(5) series of compounds...
- Response of a copper(II) and iron(III) ion-selective electrode bielectrode array in saline mediaRoland De Marco
Nanochemistry Research Institute, Department of Applied Chemistry, Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia 6845, Australia
Talanta 75:1234-9. 2008..Clearly, the bielectrode ISE array may be used in the simultaneous analysis of free copper(II) and iron(III) in seawater without fear of cross-interference between the solid-state sensors...
- A new generation of cyanide ion-selective membranes for flow injection application: part II. Comparative study of cyanide flow-injection detectors based on thin electroplated silver chalcogenide membranesAndriana R Surleva
University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Department of Analytical Chemistry, 8 Kl Ohridski bvd, 1756 Sofia, Bulgaria
Anal Chim Acta 583:174-81. 2007....
- A multi-technique surface study of the mercury(II) chalcogenide ion-selective electrode in saline mediaRoland De Marco
Department of Applied Chemistry, Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U 1987, Perth, Western Australia, 6845, Australia
Analyst 128:742-9. 2003..The results of this XPS, SIMS, RDE-EIS and SR-GIXRD study have elucidated the response mechanism of the mercury(II) ISE in saline media...
- A novel push-pull Diels-Alder diene: reactions of 4-alkoxy- or 4-phenylsulfenyl-5-chalcogene-substituted 1-phenylpenta-2,4-dien-1-one with electron-deficient dienophilesMitsuhiro Yoshimatsu
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Education, Gifu University, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:1520-4. 2002..The 4-ethoxy group on the 2,4-pentadien-1-one was found to be effective to facilitate the cycloaddition with dienophiles. We also performed other [4+2] cycloadditions of 2,4-pentadien-1-ones with DMAD or naphthoquinone...
- Metal-catalyzed 1,2-shift of diverse migrating groups in allenyl systems as a new paradigm toward densely functionalized heterocyclesAlexander S Dudnik
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 West Taylor Street, 4500 SES, M C 111, Chicago, Illinois 60607 7061, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:1440-52. 2008..It was found that 1,2-migration of chalcogens and halogens predominantly proceeds via formation of irenium intermediates...
- Group 11 Complexes of the P,Te-Centered Ligand [TeP(i)Pr(2)NP(i)Pr(2)](-): Synthesis, Structures, and Insertion Reactions of the Copper(I) Complex with ChalcogensJamie S Ritch
Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
Inorg Chem 48:3857-65. 2009..The lighter chalcogens are two-coordinate while the tellurium centers occupy bridging positions in the trimeric complexes 9-11 giving ..
- Synthesis and Reactivity of Functionalized Binary and Ternary Thiometallate Complexes [(RT)(4)S(6)], [(RSn)(3)S(4)](2-), [(RT)(2)(CuPPh(3))(6)S(6)], and [(RSn)(6)(OMe)(6)Cu(2)S(6)](4-) (R=C(2)H(4)COOH, CMe(2)CH(2)COMe; T=Ge, Sn)Zohreh Hassanzadeh Fard
, , Hans Meerwein Strasse, 35043 Marburg Germany, Fax 49 6421 282 5653
Chemistry 15:6595-604. 2009Caged chalcogens: A series of novel, functionalized T(n)S(m) cages (T=Ge, Sn; n/m=4:6, 3:4) with terminal COO(H) or COMe groups were synthesized and show further reactivity toward Cu(I) complexes (an example of which is shown here) and to ..
- Structural and spectroscopic studies of the PCP-bridged heavy chalcogen-centered monoanions [HC(PPh(2)E)(PPh(2))](-) (E = Se, Te) and [HC(PR(2)E)(2)](-) (E = Se, Te, R = Ph; E = Se, R = (i)Pr): homoleptic Group 12 complexes and one-electron oxidation of [Jari Konu
Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive N W, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
Inorg Chem 48:11788-98. 2009..monoanions were prepared by oxidation of the anion [HC(PPh(2))(2)](-) with elemental chalcogens. The selenium-containing isopropyl derivative was synthesized by generating [H(2)C(P(i)Pr(2))(2)] via a reaction ..
- Synthesis of N,C Bound Sulfur, Selenium, and Tellurium Heterocycles via the Reaction of Chalcogen Halides with -CH(3) Substituted Diazabutadiene LigandsJason L Dutton
Department of Chemistry, The University of Western Ontario, 1151 Richmond St, London, Ontario, N6A 5B7, Canada
Inorg Chem 48:3239-47. 2009..observed for other p-block elements with the same ligand systems, which typically bind in an N,N' fashion, the chalcogens react with the ligand in an unusual manner, forming N(1)C(3)Ch(1) five-membered rings by incorporating a "..
- Hemolytic and genotoxic evaluation of organochalcogens in human blood cells in vitroD B Santos
Departamento de Quimica, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, Brazil
Toxicol In Vitro 23:1195-204. 2009..II and XIII was supported by the fact that the rate of DTT oxidation was increased significantly by both chalcogens. In the higher concentrations, the compounds (II) and (XIII) were strongly genotoxic and cytotoxic to human ..
- Accumulation mechanism for metal chalcogenide nanoparticles at Hg0 electrodes: copper sulfide exampleDamir Krznarić
Center for Marine and Environmental Research, Institute Ruer Boskovic, Bijenicka 54, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Anal Chem 80:742-9. 2008....
- Facile synthesis of bis(dichalcogenophosphinate)s and a remarkable [Li8(OH)6]2+ polyhedronRobert P Davies
Department of Chemistry, Imperial College London, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Inorg Chem 49:4626-31. 2010..The synthetic route to these complexes proceeds via the insertion reaction of elemental chalcogens into the phosphorus-lithium bonds of 1,2-dilithio-1,2-di(phenylphosphine)ethylene (1)...
- Ultrafast exciton fine structure relaxation dynamics in lead chalcogenide nanocrystalsJustin C Johnson
National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 1617 Cole Boulevard, Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
Nano Lett 8:1374-81. 2008....
- Size-dependent dissociation pH of thiolate ligands from cadmium chalcogenide nanocrystalsJose Aldana
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:2496-504. 2005..The size-dependent dissociation pH of the ligands was tentatively used as a means for determining the size-dependent free energy associated with the formation of a nanocrystal-ligand coordinating bond...
- Application of InAsSb/InAsSbP and lead chalcogenide infrared diode lasers for photoacoustic detection in the 3.2 and 5 microm regionP Kania
J Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Dolejskova 3, 18223 Prague 8, Czech Republic
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 59:3063-74. 2003..Potential applications of infrared diode laser photoacoustic detection lie in the areas of analytical chemistry, atmospheric research, and investigation of the kinetics of reactive species...
- Tunable optically pumped lead-chalcogenide mid-infrared emitters on Si-substratesKlaus Kellermann
Thin Film Physics Group, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Teil Technopark, Technoparkstr 1, CH 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 60:3341-4. 2004..8 microm pump radiation to e.g. 4.2 microm wavelength. It operates at room temperature, width and value of the emission line is determined by design...
- Sol-gel methods for the assembly of metal chalcogenide quantum dotsIndika U Arachchige
Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Acc Chem Res 40:801-9. 2007....
- High bit rate all-optical signal processing in a fiber photonic wireM D Pelusi
Centre for Ultrahigh Bandwidth Devices for Optical Systems, School of Physics, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Opt Express 16:11506-12. 2008..45 W peak power), enabled by a very high nonlinearity (gamma approximately 7850 W(-1) km (-1) ) and greatly reduced dispersion...
- Theoretical and infrared spectroscopy study of the conformational preferences for some 3-monosubstituted-2-methylpropenesI T A Schuquel
Chemistry Department, State University of Maringa, Av Colombo, 5790, 87020 900 Maringa, PR, Brazil
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 81:135-9. 2011..Therefore, steric hindrance between X and =CH(2) in the s-cis form is strongly dependent on the heteroatom size, while the effect of the alkyl chain bonded to the heteroatom seems to be of secondary importance...
- Enhanced glutathione peroxidase activity of conformationally restricted naphthalene peri-dichalcogenidesDavid J Press
Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 1N4
Org Lett 13:4104-7. 2011..Their activity was increased by electron-donating methoxy substituents, while a further 100-fold increase was observed with the corresponding ditelluride...
- Tuning the electronic properties of semiconducting transition metal dichalcogenides by applying mechanical strainsPriya Johari
School of Engineering, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
ACS Nano 6:5449-56. 2012..Our results highlight the importance of tensile and pure shear strains in tuning the electronic properties of TMDs by illustrating a substantial impact of the strain on going from MS(2) to MSe(2) to MTe(2)...
- Novel peptidomimetic compounds containing redox active chalcogens and quinones as potential anticancer agentsSaad Shaaban
Department of Chemical Biology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstraße 7, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Eur J Med Chem 58:192-205. 2012..The cause was obviously OS, which was reflected by significant decrease in reduced glutathione, subsequently cell cycle arrest and induction of apoptosis...
- A facile spin-cast route for cation exchange of multilayer perpendicularly-aligned nanorod assembliesDervla Kelly
Materials and Surface Science Institute, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Nanoscale 3:4580-3. 2011..The assemblies are rapidly cation exchanged without affecting either the individual rod dimensions or collective superlattice order extending over several multilayers...
- Oxidation products of calcium and strontium bis(diphenylphosphanide)Tareq M A Al-Shboul
Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Humboldtstrasse 8, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Inorg Chem 51:7903-12. 2012The tetrahydrofuran adducts [(thf)(4)M(PPh(2))(2)] (M = Ca, Sr) are air sensitive and can easily be oxidized by chalcogens. Metalation of diphenylphosphane oxide, diphenylphosphinic acid, and diphenyldithiophosphinic acid as well as salt ..
- N-type colloidal-quantum-dot solids for photovoltaicsDavid Zhitomirsky
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, 10 King s College Road, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3G4, Canada
Adv Mater 24:6181-5. 2012..The halogen ions serve both as a passivating agent and n-dope the films via substitution at surface chalcogen sites. The majority electron concentration across the range 10(16) to 10(18) cm(-3) is varied systematically...
- Investigations of Ge-Te-AgI chalcogenide glass for far-infrared applicationXunsi Wang
Laboratory of Infrared Material and Devices, College of Information Science and Engineering, Ningbo University, Ningbo 31521, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 86:586-9. 2012..These serious of glasses are all high transparent in the 8-20 μm region, which fits for the applications of far-infrared optic imaging and sensing...
- Microwave synthesis of microstructured and nanostructured metal chalcogenides from elemental precursors in phosphonium ionic liquidsKunlun Ding
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106 9510, United States
J Am Chem Soc 136:15465-8. 2014..solubility of sulfur, selenium, and tellurium in phosphonium ionic liquids promotes fast reactions between chalcogens and various metal powders upon microwave heating, giving crystalline products...
- Tunable biomimetic chalcogels with Fe4S4 cores and [Sn(n)S(2n+2)](4-)(n = 1, 2, 4) building blocks for solar fuel catalysisYurina Shim
Department of Chemistry and Argonne Northwestern Solar Energy Research Center, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
J Am Chem Soc 135:2330-7. 2013..The ability to tune the redox properties of biomimetic chalcogels presents a novel avenue to control the function of multifunctional chalcogels for a wide range of electrochemical or photochemical processes relevant to solar fuels...
- Regioselective synthesis of isochromenones by iron(III)/PhSeSePh-mediated cyclization of 2-alkynylaryl estersAdriane Sperança
Laboratorio de Sintese, Reatividade, Avaliacao Farmacologica e Toxicologica de Organocalcogenios, CCNE, UFSM, Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul 97105 900, Brazil
J Org Chem 76:6789-97. 2011..This approach proved to be highly regioselective, providing only six-membered ring products, once the possible five-membered products were not observed in any experiments...
- Activation of small molecules by phosphorus biradicaloidsAlexander Hinz
Institut fur Chemie, Universitat Rostock, Albert Einstein Strasse 3a, 18059 Rostock Germany www schulz chemie uni rostock de
Chemistry 20:14659-73. 2014..Addition of chalcogens (O2 , S8 , Sex and Tex ) led to the formation of dichalcogen-bridged P2 N2 heterocycles, except from the ..
- Enhanced ratiometric fluorescent indicators for magnesium based on azoles of the heavier chalcogensMohammad S Afzal
Department of Chemistry, New York University, New York, NY 10003, USA
Chem Commun (Camb) 50:11358-61. 2014..Single atom replacement in the acceptor of these ITC probes affords longer excitation and emission wavelengths as well as greater separation between excitation bands, valuable for ratiometric intracellular Mg(2+) imaging. ..
- New layered-type quaternary chalcogenides, Tl2PbMQ4 (M = Zr, Hf; Q = S, Se): structure, electronic structure, and electrical transport propertiesCheriyedath Raj Sankar
Department of Chemistry and Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Inorg Chem 52:13869-74. 2013..The electrical transport properties also show the semiconducting nature of these materials. For Tl2PbHfSe4, the Seebeck coefficient increases from +190 μV K(-1) at room temperature to +420 μV K(-1) at 520 K. ..
- Is delocalization a prerequisite for stability of ring systems? A case study of some inorganic ringsAshwini K Phukan
Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Napaam, 784028, Assam, India
Dalton Trans 39:4126-37. 2010..AIM and ELF study has been carried out on borazine and its heavier analogs containing both the pnictogens and chalcogens as the ring constituent...
- Solution-processed chalcogenide glass for integrated single-mode mid-infrared waveguidesCandice Tsay
Department of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Opt Express 18:26744-53. 2010..1 nm. These methods form a suite of processes that can be applied to chalcogenide solutions to create a diverse array of mid-IR optical and photonic structures ranging from <5 to 10's of µm in dimension...
- Ultrafast optical manipulation of atomic arrangements in chalcogenide alloy memory materialsKotaro Makino
Institute of Applied Physics, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Opt Express 19:1260-70. 2011..Using the ultrafast switch in chalcogenide alloy memory could lead to a major paradigm shift in memory devices beyond the current generation of silicon-based flash-memory...
- Interaction of selenite and tellurite with thiol-dependent redox enzymes: Kinetics and mitochondrial implicationsMaria Pia Rigobello
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 50:1620-9. 2011..catalytic efficiency than tellurite with TrxR1, whereas with TrxR2, the catalytic efficiency is similar for both chalcogens. Tellurite is a good substrate for GR, whereas selenite is almost completely ineffective...
- Infrared emitting and photoconducting colloidal silver chalcogenide nanocrystal quantum dots from a silylamide-promoted synthesisMaksym Yarema
Institute for Semiconductor and Solid State Physics, University Linz, Altenbergerstr 69, Linz 4040, Austria
ACS Nano 5:3758-65. 2011....
- Photonic-chip-based all-optical ultra-wideband pulse generation via XPM and birefringence in a chalcogenide waveguideKang Tan
Centre for Ultrahigh bandwidth Devices for Optical Systems CUDOS, Institute of Photonics and Optical Science IPOS, School of Physics, University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Opt Express 21:2003-11. 2013..These results indicate that the proposed approach has potential applications in multi-shape, multi-modulation and long-distance UWB-over-fiber communication systems...
- Enhanced mid-infrared emissions of Er3+ at 2.7 μm via Nd3+ sensitization in chalcohalide glassHang Lin
State Key Laboratory of Structural Chemistry, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Fuzhou, China
Opt Lett 36:1815-7. 2011..66×10(-20) cm(2)) and the gain property of the Er(3+):(4)I(11/2)→(4)I(13/2) transition is discussed. Hopefully, the materials studied here may find potential applications in the fields of fiber amplifiers and mid-IR lasers...
- Chalcogenopyrylium dyes as differential modulators of organic anion transport by multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1), MRP2, and MRP4Robert L Myette
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University Cancer Research Institute, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Drug Metab Dispos 41:1231-9. 2013....
- Optical loss reduction in high-index-contrast chalcogenide glass waveguides via thermal reflowJuejun Hu
Microphotonics Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Opt Express 18:1469-78. 2010..Up to 50% optical loss reduction after reflow treatment is experimentally observed, and the practical loss limiting factors are discussed...
- Tellurite: history, oxidative stress, and molecular mechanisms of resistanceThomas Girard Chasteen
Department of Chemistry, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX, USA
FEMS Microbiol Rev 33:820-32. 2009..of tellurium (Te) in biological systems has lagged behind selenium (Se), its lighter sister in the Group 16 chalcogens, because of tellurium's lower crustal abundance, lower oxyanion solubility and biospheric mobility and the fact ..
- Synthetic and structural studies of 1,8-chalcogen naphthalene derivativesFergus R Knight
School of Chemistry, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9ST UK
Chemistry 16:7503-16. 2010..Although quasi-linear O=S...S alignments suggest attractive interaction is conceivable, analysis of the B3LYP wavefunctions affords no evidence for direct bonding interactions between the S atoms...
- Synthesis of organochalcogen propargyl aryl ethers and their application in the electrophilic cyclization reaction: an efficient preparation of 3-halo-4-chalcogen-2H-benzopyransBenhur Godoi
Laboratorio de Sintese, Reatividade, Avaliacao Farmacologica e Toxicologica de Organocalcogenios, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria Rio Grande do Sul Brazil 97105 900
J Org Chem 74:3469-77. 2009..In addition, using the copper catalyzed cross-coupling reactions with thiols, in the absence of any cocatalyst, we were able to introduce a thiol function in 3-iodo-benzopyran derivatives...
- Unexpected transformation of a diamagnetic Mo3(μ3-S)(μ-S)3 to a paramagnetic Mo3(μ3-S)2(μ-S)3 cluster core by reaction of [Mo3S4(dppe)3Br3]PF6 with (t)BuSNaPavel A Petrov
Nikolaev Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Siberian Branch of RAS, Ak Lavrentieva Av, 3, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russian Federation
Dalton Trans 39:8875-7. 2010....
- Tuning the synthesis of ternary lead chalcogenide quantum dots by balancing precursor reactivityDanielle K Smith
Center for Advanced Solar Photophysics, Chemical and Materials Sciences, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado 80401, United States
ACS Nano 5:183-90. 2011..A more reactive anion precursor results in a lower Pb/anion ratio...
- Exploring hypervalency and three-centre, four-electron bonding interactions: reactions of acenaphthene chalcogen donors and dihalogen acceptorsFergus R Knight
EaStCHEM School of Chemistry, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, UK
Dalton Trans 41:3154-65. 2012..Whilst DFT calculations indicate 12 is thermodynamically unfavourable, its formation is viable under experimental conditions...
- All-solid all-chalcogenide microstructured optical fiberPerrine Toupin
Equipe Verres et Céramiques, UMR CNRS 6226, Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes, Universite de Rennes1, France
Opt Express 21:14643-8. 2013..This excess is not due to the guide geometry but can be explained by the presence of defects in the glass interface regions...
- Metal vs. chalcogen competition in the catalytic mechanism of cysteine dioxygenaseXin Che
Key Lab of Colloid and Interface Chemistry, Ministry of Education, Institute of Theoretical Chemistry, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, PR China
J Inorg Biochem 122:1-7. 2013..The competition for donation of electron density determines the valence change and the reaction ability...
- Strongly correlated materialsEmilia Morosan
Department of Physics and Astronomy MS 61, Rice University, 6100 Main St, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Adv Mater 24:4896-923. 2012..We conclude with a discussion of the exciting prospects for this class of materials...
- Origin of attraction in chalgogen-nitrogen interaction of 1,2,5-chalcogenadiazole dimersSeiji Tsuzuki
Research Initiative of Computational Sciences RICS, Nanosystem Research Institute NRI, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 1 1 1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8568, Japan
J Phys Chem B 117:6849-55. 2013..The nature of the chalcogen-nitrogen interaction in the chalcogenadiazole dimers is similar to that of the halogen bond, which is an electrostatically driven noncovalent interaction...
- Trialkylphosphine-stabilized copper(I) gallium(III) phenylchalcogenolate complexes: crystal structures and generation of ternary semiconductors by thermolysisOliver Kluge
Institut fur Anorganische Chemie, Universitat Leipzig, Johannisallee 29, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Inorg Chem 51:6655-66. 2012..reaction is completed at temperatures between 250 and 400 °C, typically with lower temperatures for the heavier chalcogens. Because of significant release of Me(3)Ga during the thermolysis process, and especially in case of copper ..
- Resonance-assisted intramolecular chalcogen-chalcogen interactions?Pablo Sanz
Departamento de Quimica C 9, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Chemistry 9:4548-55. 2003..The chalcogen-chalcogen interactions will be also large, due to the enhancement of the X-->Y dative bond, if the molecular environment forces the interacting atoms X and Y to be close each other...
- Synthesis and photoelectrochemical performance of chalcogenopyrylium monomethine dyes bearing phosphonate/phosphonic acid substituentsMatthew A Bedics
Department of Chemistry, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14260 3000, USA
J Org Chem 78:8885-91. 2013..The dyes formed H-aggregates on TiO2, increasing the light-harvesting efficiency of the dyes. Shortcircuit photocurrent action spectra were acquired to evaluate the influence of dye structure on the photoelectrochemical performance. ..
- Reactivity profile of a peri-substitution-stabilized phosphanylidene-phosphorane: synthetic, structural, and computational studiesBrian A Surgenor
School of Chemistry, EaStCHEM, University of St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9ST, United Kingdom
Inorg Chem 53:6856-66. 2014..In air, 1 is fully oxidized to phosphonic acid 7. Reactions of 1 with chalcogens under mild conditions generally afford mixtures of products, from which the trithionated 8, dithionated 9, ..
- Mid-IR biosensor: detection and fingerprinting of pathogens on gold island functionalized chalcogenide filmsChenxu Yu
Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Anal Chem 78:2500-6. 2006..coli vs. S. enteriditis) and strain level (E. coli O157:H7 vs E. coli K12). A mid-infrared approach could thus be used as a biosensor as well as a molecular fingerprinting tool...
- Degenerate n-doping of few-layer transition metal dichalcogenides by potassiumHui Fang
Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nano Lett 13:1991-5. 2013..The results here demonstrate the need of degenerate doping of few-layer chalcogenides to improve the contact resistances and further realize high performance and complementary channel electronics...
- Evolution of ordered metal chalcogenide architectures through chemical transformationsJessy B Rivest
The Molecular Foundry, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, 94720, USA
J Am Chem Soc 135:7446-9. 2013..The resulting mesoporous materials are robust to thermal annealing and chemical transformations...
- Optical signature of symmetry variations and spin-valley coupling in atomically thin tungsten dichalcogenidesHualing Zeng
Department of Physics, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Sci Rep 3:1608. 2013....
- Reactions of the phosphinidene-bridged complexes [Fe2(η5-C5H5)2(μ-PR)(μ-CO)(CO)2] (R = Cy, Ph) with electrophiles based on p-block elementsM Angeles Alvarez
Departamento de Química Orgánica e Inorgánica IUQOEM, Universidad de Oviedo, E 33071 Oviedo, Spain
Dalton Trans 41:14498-513. 2012The title complexes reacted readily with the methylating agents MeI and CF(3)SO(3)Me, chalcogens (O(2), S(8)) and borane adducts BH(3)·L (L = THF, N(t)Bu(3), PPh(3)) to initially give the corresponding neutral or cationic derivatives of ..
- The antioxidant profile of 2,3-dihydrobenzo[b]furan-5-ol and its 1-thio, 1-seleno, and 1-telluro analoguesJ Malmstrom
Department of Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, Royal Institute of Technology, S 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
J Am Chem Soc 123:3434-40. 2001..agent in the aqueous phase, the antioxidant capacity increases (2d > 2c = 2b > 2a) as one traverses the group of chalcogens. Whereas the times of inhibition, T(inh), were slightly reduced for the oxygen (2a) and sulfur (2b) derivatives ..
- PEG coated biocompatible cadmium chalcogenide quantum dots for targeted imaging of cancer cellsAby Cheruvathoor Poulose
Bio Nano Electronics Research Center, Graduate School of Interdisciplinary New Science, Toyo University, Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan
J Fluoresc 22:931-44. 2012..We present here the success of utilizing our biocompatible imaging tool for early diagnosis of cancer...
- Molecular control of the nanoscale: effect of phosphine-chalcogenide reactivity on CdS-CdSe nanocrystal composition and morphologyT Purnima A Ruberu
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
ACS Nano 6:5348-59. 2012....
- Regioselective deiodination of thyroxine by iodothyronine deiodinase mimics: an unusual mechanistic pathway involving cooperative chalcogen and halogen bondingDebasish Manna
Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
J Am Chem Soc 134:4269-79. 2012....
- Journey through the potential energy surfaces for the isomerization and decomposition reactions of the telluroformaldehyde analogues: H2A═Te and HFA═Te (A = C, Si, and Ge)Naziah B Jaufeerally
Computational Chemistry Group, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Mauritius, Reduit, Mauritius
J Phys Chem A 117:5567-77. 2013....
- Molecular solution approach to synthesize electronic quality Cu2ZnSnS4 thin filmsWenbing Yang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, United States
J Am Chem Soc 135:6915-20. 2013..N2H4) serves as a unique and powerful medium, particularly to incorporate selected metallic elements and chalcogens into a stable solution as metal chalcogenide complexes (MCC)...
- Probing the chemical and electronic properties of the core-shell architecture of transition metal trisulfide nanoribbonsM O King
School of Chemistry, Joseph Black Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ, UK
Nanoscale 4:607-12. 2012..Our observations may have general implications for the incorporation of nanostructured transition metal chalcogenides into electronic devices...
- III-V nanocrystals capped with molecular metal chalcogenide ligands: high electron mobility and ambipolar photoresponseWenyong Liu
Department of Chemistry and James Frank Institute, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Am Chem Soc 135:1349-57. 2013..80 and 0.95 eV to negative at 1.27 and 1.91 eV. We propose an explanation of this unusually complex photoconductivity of InAs NC solids...
- On-chip high sensitivity laser frequency sensing with Brillouin mutually-modulated cross-gain modulationFeng Gao
Centre for Ultrahigh bandwidth Devices for Optical Systems CUDOS, Institute of Photonics and Optical Science IPOS, School of Physics, The University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Opt Express 21:8605-13. 2013..A large sensitivity (~9.5 mrad/kHz) of the modulation phase shift to probe carrier frequency is demonstrated at a modulation frequency of 50 kHz using Brillouin MMXGM in a ~7 cm long chalcogenide rib waveguide...
- Surfactant-controlled polymerization of semiconductor clusters to quantum dots through competing step-growth and living chain-growth mechanismsChristopher M Evans
Deptartment of Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3113, USA
J Am Chem Soc 134:17298-305. 2012..Tuning the molar ratio of surfactant to Se(2-)(S(2-)), the limiting ionic reagent, within the living chain-addition polymerization allows for stoichiometric control of QD radius without relying on reaction time...
- Lessons from isolable nickel(I) precursor complexes for small molecule activationShenglai Yao
Institute of Chemistry Metalorganics and Inorganic Materials, Technische Universitat Berlin, Germany
Acc Chem Res 45:276-87. 2012..In this Account, we describe selected achievements in the activation of nitrous oxide (N(2)O), O(2), the heavier chalcogens (S, Se, and Te), and white phosphorus (P(4)) through this β-diketiminatonickel(I) precursor species...
- Suppression of stimulated Brillouin scattering in all-solid chalcogenide-tellurite photonic bandgap fiberTonglei Cheng
Research Center for Advanced Photon Technology, Toyota Technological Institute, 2 12 1 Hisakata, Tempaku, Nagoya 468 8511, Japan
Opt Express 20:28846-54. 2012....
- Highly regioselective synthesis of aryl chalcogenides through C-H functionalization of arenesJun Hao Cheng
Department of Chemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, 402, Taiwan, ROC
Chem Commun (Camb) 48:8440-2. 2012....
- Direct synthesis of methylene-1,2-dichalcogenolanes via radical [3 + 2] cycloaddition of methylenecyclopropanes with elemental chalcogensLei Yu
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu 225002, China
Org Lett 15:144-7. 2013Direct [3 + 2] radical cycloaddition of methylenecyclopropanes and elemental chalcogens (S, Se, Te) can readily occur under simple thermal conditions, providing an efficient, practical method for preparation of useful but not easily ..
- Selenium segregation in femtosecond-laser hyperdoped silicon revealed by electron tomographyGeorg Haberfehlner
CEA, LETI, Minatec Campus, 17 rue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Microsc Microanal 19:716-25. 2013Doping of silicon with chalcogens (S, Se, Te) by femtosecond laser irradiation to concentrations well above the solubility limit leads to near-unity optical absorptance in the visible and infrared (IR) range and is a promising route ..
- Shape-programmed nanofabrication: understanding the reactivity of dichalcogenide precursorsYijun Guo
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, and Ames Laboratory, Ames, Iowa 50011, United States
ACS Nano 7:3616-26. 2013....
- Improved method for hot embossing As2S3 waveguides employing a thermally stable chalcogenide coatingTing Han
The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2600, Australia
Opt Express 19:25447-53. 2011..8 × 1μm. The nonlinearity of a 2.2μm wide waveguide was shown to be 13500W(-1)km(-1) using four-wave mixing demonstrating that these embossed waveguides were capable of being used for all-optical processing...
- X-ray absorption spectroscopic, crystallographic, theoretical (DFT) and chemical evidence for a chalcogen-chalcogen two-center/three-electron half bond in an unprecedented "subselenide" Se2(3-) ligandShu A Yao
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1101 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Chemistry 18:9179-83. 2012..The Se K-edge energy strongly indicates a Se physical oxidation state of -1.5, consistent with an unprecedented two-center/three-electron half-bonded Se(2)(3-) or "subselenide" ion...
- Chalcogenide optical parametric oscillatorRaja Ahmad
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, McGill University, Montreal QC H3A 2A7, Canada
Opt Express 20:10095-9. 2012....
- Sub-micrometer soft lithography of a bulk chalcogenide glassTomas Kohoutek
Centre for Materials and Nanotechnologies, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice, CS Legion s sq 565, Pardubice 532 10, Czech Republic
Opt Express 21:9584-91. 2013....
- Triplet excited states of cyclic disulfides and related compounds: electronic structures, geometries, energies, and decaySaroja Ginagunta
WestCHEM, Department of Chemistry, University of Glasgow, Joseph Black Building, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ, United Kingdom
J Phys Chem A 115:540-6. 2011..If the heteroatoms are both heavy chalcogens (S, Se, or Te) or isoelectronic species, then the lowest excited triplet state usually has (π*, σ*) character...
- Biomimetic multifunctional porous chalcogels as solar fuel catalystsBenjamin D Yuhas
Department of Chemistry and Argonne Northwestern Solar Energy Research ANSER Center, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3113, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:7252-5. 2011..The gels have a high degree of synthetic flexibility, which should allow for a wide range of light-driven processes relevant to the production of solar fuels...
- Micropartioning and solubilization enhancement of 1,2-bis(bis(4-chlorophenyl) methyl)diselane in mixed micelles of binary and ternary cationic-nonionic surfactant mixturesS K Mehta
Department of Chemistry and Centre of Advanced Studies in Chemistry, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 83:139-47. 2011..Indeed the solubilization aptitude of these surfactants is not merely related to molar capacity. The results furnish adequate support to justify comprehensive exploration of the surfactant properties that influence solubilization...
- Chalcogenide photonics: fabrication, devices and applications. IntroductionBenjamin J Eggleton
Centre for Ultrahigh Bandwidth Devices for Optical Systems, Institute for Photonics and Optical Science, School of Physics, University of Sydney, NSW 2006
Opt Express 18:26632-4. 2010..Introduction to a focus issue of invited articles that review recent progress in chalcogenide photonics...
- Calculation of the expected bandwidth for a mid-infrared supercontinuum source based on As(2)S(3) chalcogenide photonic crystal fibersR J Weiblen
Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 5200 Westland Boulevard Rm 220, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
Opt Express 18:26666-74. 2010..8 μm and obtain a supercontinuum spectrum that extends from 2.5 μm to 6.2 μm with an uncertainty of ± 0.5 μm. The optimized bandwidth is consistent with prior work, but with a significantly increased accuracy....
- Contrasting effects of selenite and tellurite on lipoamide dehydrogenase activity suggest a different biological behaviour of the two chalcogensAlessandra Folda
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Arch Biochem Biophys 517:30-6. 2012..In addition to the toxicological implications of tellurium compounds, the reported results suggest that tellurite and its derivatives can be used as potential tools for studying biochemical reactions...
- Optical phase conjugation by an As(2)S(3) glass planar waveguide for dispersion-free transmission of WDM-DPSK signals over fiberM D Pelusi
ARC Centre for Ultrahigh bandwidth Devices for Optical Systems, IPOS, School of Physics, University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Opt Express 18:26686-94. 2010..This work represents an important milestone towards demonstrating advanced signal processing of high-speed and broadband optical signals in compact planar waveguides, with the potential for monolithic optical integration...
- Progress in rare-earth-doped mid-infrared fiber lasersAngela B Seddon
Novel Photonic Glasses Group, George Green Institute for Electromagnetics Research, Electrical Systems and Optics Research Division, Faculty of Engineering, University Park, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK ac uk
Opt Express 18:26704-19. 2010..Practical characterization of candidate selenide glasses is presented. Potential applications of mid-infrared fiber lasers are suggested...
- Integrated chalcogenide waveguide resonators for mid-IR sensing: leveraging material properties to meet fabrication challengesNathan Carlie
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Center for Optical Materials Science and Engineering Technologies, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA
Opt Express 18:26728-43. 2010..Process parameters and implications on enhancement of device fabrication flexibility are presented...
- Synthesis, characterization, and DFT studies of thione and selone Cu(I) complexes with variable coordination geometriesMartin M Kimani
Department of Chemistry, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634 0973, USA
Dalton Trans 40:3711-23. 2011..Electrochemical studies show that the trigonal copper selone complexes have more negative potentials relative to analogous copper thione complexes by an average of 108 mV...
- pH-dependent chalcogenopyrylium dyes as potential sensitizers for photodynamic therapy: selective retention in tumors by exploiting pH differences between tumor and normal tissueD A Bellnier
PDT Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Photochem Photobiol 70:630-6. 1999..We discuss how new, more optimal, photosensitizers can be designed that use rates of hydrolysis to exploit the differences in pH between normal tissue and tumor...
- Addition-substitution reactions of 2-thio-3-chloroacrylamides with carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur and selenium nucleophilesMarie Kissane
Department of Chemistry, Analytical and Biological Chemistry Research Facility, University College Cork, Ireland
Org Biomol Chem 9:2452-72. 2011..The ratio of the E/Z isomers can be rationalised on the basis of the substituent and the level of oxidation...
- The allylic chalcogen effect in olefin metathesisYuya A Lin
Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford, Chemistry Research Laboratory, 12 Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3TA, United Kingdom
Beilstein J Org Chem 6:1219-28. 2010..of allyl sulfide, along with earlier reports of a similar effect by allylic hydroxy groups, suggests that allyl chalcogens generally play an important role in modulating the rate of olefin metathesis...
- Opto-electrophoretic detection of bio-molecules using conducting chalcogenide glass sensorsZhiyong Yang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Opt Express 18:26754-9. 2010..This technique therefore provides the ability to detect hazardous microorganisms with high specificity and high sensitivity in aqueous environments. This has great potential for online monitoring of water quality...
- Reduced Fresnel losses in chalcogenide fibers by using anti-reflective surface structures on fiber end facesJasbinder Sanghera
US Naval Research Lab, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Opt Express 18:26760-8. 2010..The potential for hydrophobic character was also demonstrated by increasing the contact angle of water droplets to greater than 120°...
- Chalcogenidobis(ene-1,2-dithiolate)molybdenum(IV) complexes (chalcogenide E = O, S, Se): probing Mo≡E and ene-1,2-dithiolate substituent effects on geometric and electronic structureHideki Sugimoto
Department of Material and Life Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dalton Trans 40:1119-31. 2011....
- DESIGN, SYNTHESIS AND STUDY OF NEW SENSITIZERS FOR PDTMICHAEL DETTY; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- VIRUS PHOTOINACTIVATION--DIMETHYLMETHYLENE BLUE IN RBCStephen Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..