Genomes and Genes
Summary: A class of inorganic or organic compounds that contain the borohydride (BH4-) anion.
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- Intracellular targeting of sodium mercaptoundecahydrododecaborate (BSH) to solid tumors by transferrin-PEG liposomes, for boron neutron-capture therapy (BNCT)Kazuo Maruyama
Department of Pharmaceutics, Teikyo University, Sagamiko, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
J Control Release 98:195-207. 2004..These results suggest that BSH-encapsulating TF-PEG liposomes may be useful as a new intracellular targeting carrier in BNCT therapy for cancer...
- Tumor-specific targeting of sodium borocaptate (BSH) to malignant glioma by transferrin-PEG liposomes: a modality for boron neutron capture therapyAtsushi Doi
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
J Neurooncol 87:287-94. 2008..To improve a drug delivery in BNCT, we devised transferrin-conjugated polyethylene-glycol liposome encapsulating sodium borocaptate (TF-PEG-BSH)...
- The potential of transferrin-pendant-type polyethyleneglycol liposomes encapsulating decahydrodecaborate-(10)B (GB-10) as (10)B-carriers for boron neutron capture therapyShin Ichiro Masunaga
Particle Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Kyoto University, Kumatori, Osaka, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:1515-22. 2006..To evaluate GB-10-encapsulating transferrin (TF)-pendant-type polyethyleneglycol (PEG) liposomes as tumor-targeting (10)B-carriers for boron neutron capture therapy...
- Suitability of boron carriers for BNCT: accumulation of boron in malignant and normal liver cells after treatment with BPA, BSH and BAF I Chou
Nuclear Science and Technology Development Center, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, ROC
Appl Radiat Isot 67:S105-8. 2009..BSH had higher retention in liver but low level in pancreas and spleen appears to be a better candidate BNCT drug for hepatoma. These preliminary results provide useful information on future application of BNCT for hepatoma...
- A bystander effect observed in boron neutron capture therapy: a study of the induction of mutations in the HPRT locusYuko Kinashi
Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Osaka, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:508-14. 2007..The BSH-containing cells were irradiated with alpha-particles produced by the 10B(n,alpha)7Li reaction, whereas cells without boron were affected only by the 1H(n,gamma)2H and 14N(n,rho)14C reactions...
- Biodistribution of 10B in a rat liver tumor model following intra-arterial administration of sodium borocaptate (BSH)/degradable starch microspheres (DSM) emulsionMinoru Suzuki
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Noda, Kumatori cho, Sennan gun, Osaka 590 0494, Japan
Appl Radiat Isot 61:933-7. 2004..However, the high (10)B accumulation in the liver tumors following intra-arterial administration of BSH/DSM emulsion suggests that BSH/DSM-BNCT has the potential for application to malignant tumors in other sites...
- Dosimetric study of boron neutron capture therapy with borocaptate sodium (BSH)/lipiodol emulsion (BSH/lipiodol-BNCT) for treatment of multiple liver tumorsMinoru Suzuki
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Osaka, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:892-6. 2004....
- Delivery of (10)boron to oral squamous cell carcinoma using boronophenylalanine and borocaptate sodium for boron neutron capture therapyShigeki Obayashi
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Osaka University, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Oral Oncol 40:474-82. 2004..BPA may be a useful boron carrier for BNCT in the treatment of advanced oral SCC...
- Mutagenic effect of borocaptate sodium and boronophenylalanine in neutron capture therapyYuko Kinashi
Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Sennan gun, Osaka, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:562-7. 2002....
- Analysis of oxidative modification of proteinsL J Yan
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, USA
Curr Protoc Protein Sci . 2001..Such oxidatively modified products may also be used as biomarkers for the assessment of oxidative stress during aging and/or disease...
- New direct 11B NMR-based analysis of organoboranes through their potassium borohydridesJesus R Medina
Department of Chemistry and Materials Characterization Center, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico 00931 3346, USA
J Org Chem 68:4631-42. 2003Representative organoborane mixtures were quantitatively converted to their borohydrides through their reaction with activated KH (KH), permitting their detailed analysis by (11)B NMR...
- Boron neutron capture therapy of a murine mammary carcinoma using a lipophilic carboranyltetraphenylporphyrinM Miura
Medical Department, Building 490, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973-5000, USA
Radiat Res 155:603-10. 2001..Equivalent long-term tumor control by a single exposure to 42 Gy X rays was achieved, but with greater damage to the irradiated leg...
- Cell culture and animal studies for intracerebral delivery of borocaptate in liposomal formulationB Ji
College of Pharmacy, University of Georgia, Athens 30602, USA
Drug Deliv 8:13-7. 2001....
- Pharmacokinetics of sodium borocaptate: a critical assessment of dosing paradigms for boron neutron capture therapyChristopher R Gibson
College of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Neurooncol 62:157-69. 2003..v. infusion. The results from our study are confirmatory of those previously reported by others when blood sampling has been carried out for a sufficient period of time to adequately characterize the pharmacokinetics...
- A critical assessment of boron neutron capture therapy: an overviewRolf F Barth
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Neurooncol 62:1-5. 2003..Clinical studies have demonstrated the safety of BNCT. The next challenge is an unequivocal demonstration of therapeutic efficacy in one or more of the clinical trails that either are in progress or are planned over the next few years...
- Subcellular biodistribution of sodium borocaptate (BSH: Na2B12H11SH) in a rat glioma model in boron neutron capture therapyTeruyoshi Kageji
Department of Neurological Surgery, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Japan
J Neurooncol 59:135-42. 2002..After binding to the plasma membrane, boron with choline residues may be internalized into the cell by endocytic pathways and eventually travel to cell nuclei, and then stay there for a long time...
- Cell cycle dependence of boron uptake from two boron compounds used for clinical neutron capture therapyF Yoshida
College of Medical Technology and Nursing, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba Science City, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Cancer Lett 187:135-41. 2002..Such heterogeneity of boron uptake by tumor cells should be considered for microdosimetry...
- Combined use of sodium borocaptate and buthionine sulfoximine in boron neutron capture therapy enhanced tissue boron uptake and delayed tumor growth in a rat subcutaneous tumor modelFumiyo Yoshida
University of Tsukuba, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Functional and Regulatory Medical Sciences, Tennodai 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Cancer Lett 263:253-8. 2008..Tumor growth was significantly delayed by using BSO. With further improvement in experimental conditions, radiation exposure time, together with radiation damage to normal tissues, could be reduced...
- Determination of the subcellular distribution of mercaptoundecahydro-closo-dodecaborate (BSH) in human glioblastoma multiforme by electron microscopyMichael Neumann
Department of Chemistry, University of Bremen, Germany
J Neurooncol 57:97-104. 2002..These microscopic techniques show that BSH is associated with extracellular structures, the cell membrane as well as with the chromatin in the nucleus...
- Significant differences in the retention of the borocaptate monomer (BSH) and dimer (BSSB) in malignant cellsG Elhanati
Department of Biological Regulation, MR Center, The Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100, Rehovot, Israel
Cancer Lett 172:127-32. 2001..The initial washout rate (over the first approximately 4 h) of BSSB was 4x10(-3) min(-1) (t(1/2), approximately 3 h) for M2R cells, and of the same order of magnitude for glioma cells...
- Electrospray ionization mass spectrometry coupled to reversed-phase ion-pair high-performance liquid chromatography for quantitation of sodium borocaptate and application to pharmacokinetic analysisChristopher R Gibson
College of Pharmacy, Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Anal Chem 74:2394-9. 2002..The mean total body plasma clearance was 95.7 +/- 30.8 m/min and the harmonic mean terminal half-life was 3.6 h...
- Boron neutron capture therapy of brain tumors: investigation of urinary metabolites and oxidation products of sodium borocaptate by electrospray ionization mass spectrometryC R Gibson
College of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 29:1588-98. 2001..Further studies will be required to determine both the biological significance of these metabolites and whether any of these accumulate in significant amounts in brain tumors...
- Impact of the p53 status of the tumor cells on the effect of reactor neutron beam irradiation, with emphasis on the response of intratumor quiescent cellsShin Ichiro Masunaga
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Sennan gun, Osaka 590 0494, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:1366-77. 2002..The p53 status of the tumor cells had the potential to affect the response to reactor neutron beam irradiation following 10B-carrier administration...
- Quantification of protein thiols and dithiols in the picomolar range using sodium borohydride and 4,4'-dithiodipyridineRosa E Hansen
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Anal Biochem 363:77-82. 2007....
- Analysis of 10B antitumoral compounds by means of flow-injection into ESI-MS/MSF Basilico
Istituto Tecnologie Biomediche, Via Fratelli Cervi, 93, Segrate, Milan, Italy
J Mass Spectrom 40:1546-9. 2005..Furthermore, (10)B-containing compounds were detected in actual biological sample (urine and plasma, diluted 10,000- and 1,000-fold, respectively) injecting a small volume (1 microl) of diluted samples...
- Derivatives of 16alpha-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone with an additional 7-oxo or 7-hydroxy substituent: synthesis and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry analysisVladimir Pouzar
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Steroids 70:739-49. 2005..The target compounds were characterized by (1)H and (13)C NMR spectra and in the form of O-methyloxime-trimethylsilyl derivatives, by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry methods...
- Histopathological changes of testes and eyes by neutron irradiation with boron compounds in miceYeon Joo Kim
College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
J Vet Sci 7:19-23. 2006....
- Stereoselective conversion of anhydrovinblastine into vinblastine utilizing an anti-vinblastine monoclonal antibody as a chiral mouldTatsuya Shirahama
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Kansai University, Suita, Osaka 564 8680, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:665-8. 2006....
- Applicability of the 2-nitroimidazole-sodium borocaptate-10B conjugate, TX-2060, as a 10B-carrier in boron neutron capture therapyShin Ichiro Masunaga
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Osaka, Japan
Anticancer Res 24:2975-83. 2004..They are 2-nitroimidazole-sodium borocaptate-10B (BSH) conjugates, that is, hybrid compounds that have both a hypoxic tumor cell sensitizing unit under gamma-ray irradiation, 2-nitroimidazoles and a thermal neutron-sensitizing unit, BSH...
- Enhancement of sodium borocaptate (BSH) uptake by tumor cells induced by glutathione depletion and its radiobiological effectFumiyo Yoshida
University of Tsukuba, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Functional and Regulatory Medical Sciences, Tennodai 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Cancer Lett 215:61-7. 2004..These findings suggested that modulation of GSH enhanced the effect of B (n, alpha) reaction and the protective effect of secondary gamma-ray in BNCT...
- Application of boron-entrapped stealth liposomes to inhibition of growth of tumour cells in the in vivo boron neutron-capture therapy modelH Yanagie
Department of Intellectual Property, Incubation Project Inhibition of Cancer Metastasis, Research Centre for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Biomed Pharmacother 60:43-50. 2006..These results suggest that intravenous injection of (10)B-PEG-liposomes can increase the retention of (10)B atoms by tumour cells, causing suppression of tumour growth in vivo, after thermal neutron irradiation...
- Combination of the vascular targeting agent ZD6126 with boron neutron capture therapyShin Ichiro Masunaga
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, 2 1010 Asashiro Nishi, Kumatori cho, Sennan gun, Osaka 590 0494, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:920-7. 2004....
- Homogeneous boron targeting of heterogeneous tumors for boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT): chemical analyses in the hamster cheek pouch oral cancer modelElisa M Heber
Department of Radiobiology, National Atomic Energy Commission, Av General Paz 1499, B1650KNA San Martin, Prov Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arch Oral Biol 51:922-9. 2006....
- Pharmacokinetic study of BSH and BPA in simultaneous use for BNCTKunio Yokoyama
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki Osaka, Japan
J Neurooncol 78:227-32. 2006..7+/-1.1 microg/g). Even in comparison with the administration of BPA alone, coadministration of BPA and BSH shows an improved tumor/normal brain ratio of boron concentrations...
- Subcellular targets of mercaptoborate (BSH), a carrier of 10B for neutron capture therapy (BNCT) of brain tumorsV Mares
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences, Videnska 1083, CZ 14200 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 52:629-35. 2003..g. by intervention into the oxidative stress triggered likely by the altered mitochondria...
- Thermosensitive pluronic micelles stabilized by shell cross-linking with gold nanoparticlesKi Hyun Bae
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, South Korea
Langmuir 22:6380-4. 2006..These novel self-assembled organic/inorganic hybrid micelles would hold great potential for diagnostic and therapeutic applications...
- The usefulness of mild temperature hyperthermia combined with a newly developed hypoxia-oriented 10B conjugate compound, TX-2100, for boron neutron capture therapyShin Ichiro Masunaga
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Sennan gun, Osaka, Japan
Int J Hyperthermia 22:287-99. 2006..Further, the usefulness of mild temperature hyperthermia (MTH, 40 degrees Celsius, 30 min) combined with TX-2100 was also examined compared with MTH combined with the concurrent administration with its component drugs...
- Combination of boron neutron capture therapy and external beam radiotherapy for brain tumorsRolf F Barth
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:267-77. 2004..Two brain tumor models were used, the F98 glioma as a model for primary brain tumors and the MRA 27 human melanoma as a model for metastatic brain tumors...
- Intra-arterial administration of sodium borocaptate (BSH)/lipiodol emulsion delivers B-10 to liver tumors highly selectively for boron neutron capture therapy: experimental studies in the rat liver modelMinoru Suzuki
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:260-6. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to reveal the efficacy for administration of emulsion of a boron compound (sodium borocaptate; BSH) and lipiodol via a hepatic artery using a rat liver tumor model...
- Boron neutron capture therapy using mixed epithermal and thermal neutron beams in patients with malignant glioma-correlation between radiation dose and radiation injury and clinical outcomeTeruyoshi Kageji
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:1446-55. 2006..To clarify the correlation between the radiation dose and clinical outcome of sodium borocaptate-based intraoperative boron neutron capture therapy in patients with malignant glioma...
- Anti-thyroid drugs and thyroid hormone synthesis: effect of methimazole derivatives on peroxidase-catalyzed reactionsGouriprasanna Roy
Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
J Am Chem Soc 127:15207-17. 2005....
- Collagen in its fibrillar state is protected from glycationDavid A Slatter
University of Cambridge, Department of Biochemistry, Downing Site, Cambridge CB2 1QW, UK
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:2253-63. 2008..The four compound Ks as previously reported were found to be unique to glycated rat tail tendon and soluble collagen, while another glycation product detected in collagen but not albumin may be attributable to carboxymethyl-arginine...
- Mercury speciation by HPLC--cold-vapour radiofrequency glow-discharge optical-emission spectrometry with on-line microwave oxidationR Martinez
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, University of Oviedo, Spain
Fresenius J Anal Chem 371:746-52. 2001..Finally, the HPLC-CV-rf-GD-OES system developed was successfully applied to the determination of methylmercury (speciation) in two certified reference materials, Dorm-2 and Dolt-2...
- Analysis of glycan structures on the 120 kDa aminopeptidase N of Manduca sexta and their interactions with Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ac toxinPeter J K Knight
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, 6270 University Boulevard, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z4
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 34:101-12. 2004..It is likely that 5-6 of the 13 sites are occupied, probably with simple [GalNAc-peptide] type O-glycans. This O-glycosylated C-terminal stalk, being GalNAc-rich, is the most likely binding site for Cry1Ac...
- Epoxidation and reduction of DHEA, 1,4,6-androstatrien-3-one and 4,6-androstadien-3beta,17beta-diolEunsook Ma
College of Pharmacy, Catholic University of Daegu, Hayang, 712 702, Korea
Molecules 10:572-82. 2005....
- Isolation and identification of select oligosaccharides from commercially produced total invert sugar with a proposed mechanism for their formationPushparajah Thavarajah
Department of Applied Microbiology and Food Science, College of Agriculture, University of Saskatchewan, 51 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 5A8
J Agric Food Chem 54:2754-60. 2006....
- Analysis of a model reaction system containing cysteine and (E)-2-methyl-2-butenal, (E)-2-hexenal, or mesityl oxideChristian Starkenmann
Firmenich S A 1, route des Jeunes, 1211 Geneva 8, Switzerland
J Agric Food Chem 51:7146-55. 2003..Addition of cysteine to mesityl oxide (16), at pH 8, followed by reduction with NaBH(4) furnished (R)-S-(3-hydroxy-1,1-dimethylbutyl)cysteine (3) and the new compound (3R)-hexahydro-5,7,7-trimethyl-1,4-thiazepine-3-carboxylic acid (18)...
- Chemical labeling of carbohydrates by oxidation and sodium borohydride reductionM Fukuda
La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, La Jolla, California, USA
Curr Protoc Mol Biol . 2001..Free oligosaccharides can be labeled by reduction with NaB[3H]4. An additional protocol describes the release and simultaneous labeling of O-glycan oligosaccharides by alkaline beta-elimination in the presence of NaB[3H]4...
- T4 endonuclease V: use of NMR and borohydride trapping to provide evidence for covalent enzyme-substrate imine intermediateM L Dodson
Sealy Center for Molecular Science, Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
Methods Enzymol 354:202-7. 2002
- Snapshots of catalysis: the structure of fructose-1,6-(bis)phosphate aldolase covalently bound to the substrate dihydroxyacetone phosphateK H Choi
Department of Biology, Boston University, 5 Cummington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Biochemistry 40:13868-75. 2001..The substitution in transaldolase stabilizes the enamine intermediate required for the attack of the second aldose substrate, changing the chemistry from aldolase to transaldolase...
- Ultrasonic extraction followed by sonolysis-ozonolysis as a sample pretreatment method for determination of reactive arsenic toward sodium tetrahydroborate by flow injection-hydride generation AASJ L Capelo
, Universidad de Vigo, Facultad de Ciencias, Spain
Anal Chem 73:3732-6. 2001..Low As recoveries were observed for fish CRMs, as a result of the nondegradability of arsenobetaine by sonozone. The detection limit of As in the samples investigated was in the range 0.19-2.8 microg g(-1)...
- Reagent injection FIA system for lead determination by hydride generation - quartz-tube atomic absorption spectrometryM T Baranguan
Analytical Spectroscopy and Sensors Group, Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 374:115-9. 2002..The characteristic concentration obtained was 3.1 ng mL(-1) and the detection limit was 2.6 ng mL(-1) for an injected volume of 0.125 mL of tetrahydroborate...
- [Study and application of flow injection liquid-liquid extraction non-aqueous media mercury reduction atomic fluorescence spectrometry]Xin Guo
National Laboratory of Coal Combustion, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 22:131-4. 2002..The working conditions and manifolds scheme of flow injection had been optimized. The method is applied to the determination of mercury in GSD-4 and GSD-6 geological reference materials with good accuracy and precision...
- Boryltrihydroborate: synthesis, structure, and reactivity as a reductant in ionic, organometallic, and radical reactionsKyoko Nozaki
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8656, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:11449-51. 2010..Accordingly the new borylborohydride class may share properties of both traditional borohydrides and isoelectronic N-heterocyclic carbene boranes.
- Breaking the passivation--the road to a solvent free borohydride synthesisO Friedrichs
Empa, Materials Sciences and Technology, Department of Mobility, Environment and Energy, Div Hydrogen and Energy, Uberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:10919-22. 2010We describe a new method for the solvent-free synthesis of borohydrides at room temperature and demonstrate its feasibility by the synthesis of three of the most discussed borohydrides at present: LiBH(4), Mg(BH(4))(2) and Ca(BH(4))(2)...
- Cation Size and Anion Anisotropy in Structural Chemistry of Metal Borohydrides. The Peculiar Pressure Evolution of RbBH(4)Yaroslav Filinchuk
Swiss Norwegian Beamlines at ESRF, BP 220, 38043 Grenoble, France
Inorg Chem 49:5285-92. 2010..The three high-pressure structure types are new in the crystal chemistry of borohydrides. RbBH(4) polymorphs reveal high coordination numbers (CNs) for cation and anion sites, increasing with pressure ..
- Borohydrides from organic hydrides: reactions of Hantzsch's esters with B(C(6)F(5))(3)Jonathan D Webb
Department of Chemistry, Queen s University, 90 Bader Lane, Kingston, Ontario
Chemistry 16:4895-902. 2010..The 1,2-dihydropyridine adduct was the final product of this reaction. This was ascribed to the low basicity of the pyridine nitrogen and the complicating formation of an ester bound Lewis acid-base adduct...
- Density functional theory based screening of ternary alkali-transition metal borohydrides: a computational material design projectJ S Hummelshøj
The 2008 CAMD Summer School in Electronic Structure Theory and Materials Design, Center for Atomic Scale Materials Design, Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
J Chem Phys 131:014101. 2009We present a computational screening study of ternary metal borohydrides for reversible hydrogen storage based on density functional theory...
- Dialkylaluminum N,O-dimethylhydroxylamine complex as a reagent to mask reactive carbonyl groups in situ from nucleophilesFrancis J Barrios
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Org Lett 12:5588-91. 2010..reagents to mask carbonyl groups in situ from nucleophilic addition by organolithiums, Grignard reagents, and borohydrides. The utility of this process by selectively adding nucleophiles into carbonyl groups on a variety of structures ..
- Synthesis and Characterization of NaBD(3)H, A Potential Structural Probe for Hydrogen Storage MaterialsH Hagemann
Department de Chimie Physique, Universite de Geneve, 30, quai E Ansermet, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland, Groupe de chimie theorique et reactivite, Institut Pluridisciplinaire de Recherche en Environnement et Materiaux IPREM, UMR 5254, Universite de Pau et des Pays de l Adour, IFR Rue Jules Ferry, F 64000, Pau, France, and Institute for Nanotechnology, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, P O Box 3640, D 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
J Phys Chem A 113:13932-6. 2009..calculations show that for the BD(3)H(-) ion Fermi resonances with the single B-H stretching mode are very limited, making this mode a promising structural probe for complex borohydrides which can be prepared by metathetical reactions.
- Purification and characterization of human NTH1, a homolog of Escherichia coli endonuclease III. Direct identification of Lys-212 as the active nucleophilic residueS Ikeda
Sealy Center for Molecular Science, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
J Biol Chem 273:21585-93. 1998..Immunological studies showed that HeLa cells contain a single hNTH species of the predicted size, localized in both the nucleus and the cytoplasm...
- Static compression of tetramethylammonium borohydrideDouglas Allen Dalton
Geophysical Laboratory, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 5251 Broad Branch Road NW, Washington, D C 20015, USA
J Phys Chem A 115:11033-8. 2011..6(4)] slightly lower than that observed for ammonia borane. Raman spectra obtained over the entire pressure range (spanning over 40% densification) indicate that the intramolecular vibrational modes are largely coupled...
- Interaction of Na2B12H11SH with dimyristoyl phosphatidylcholine liposomesDoaa Awad
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Alexandria University, Moharam Bek, 21511 Alexandria, Egypt
Chem Phys Lipids 157:78-85. 2009..BSH caused leakage of liposome-encapsulated carboxyfluorescein; leakage was higher at 23 degrees C (near the phase transition temperature) than at 15 degrees C and 37 degrees C. It induced lipid mixing only at very high concentrations...
- Synthesis and structure of divalent thulium borohydrides, and their application in ε-caprolactone polymerisationAurélien Momin
Ecole Polytechnique, CNRS, Laboratoire Heteroelements et Coordination, Palaiseau, France
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:12203-5. 2011..It was used as a precursor to the divalent [(Tp(tBu,Me))Tm(BH(4))(THF)] by reaction with potassium tris(2-tBu-4-Me)pyrazolylborate (KTp(tBu,Me)). Both Tm(II) compounds were found active as ε-caprolactone polymerisation catalysts...
- Simple unprecedented conversion of phosphine oxides and sulfides to phosphine boranes using sodium borohydrideKamalraj V Rajendran
Centre for Synthesis and Chemical Biology, School of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Chem Commun (Camb) 48:817-9. 2012..Optically active P-stereogenic phosphine oxides can be converted stereospecifically to phosphine boranes with inversion of configuration by treatment with Meerwein's salt followed by sodium borohydride...
- Phosphonic acid analogs of GABA through reductive dealkylation of phosphonic diesters with lithium trialkylborohydridesSarwat Chowdhury
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60607 7056, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:3745-8. 2007..Compound 4a (R=Me) proved to be a potent antagonist at human rho1 GABA(C) receptors (expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes), with an IC(50) of 11.1 microM, but is inactive at alpha(1)beta(2)gamma(2) GABA(A) receptors...
- Triplex protein quantification based on stable isotope labeling by peptide dimethylation applied to cell and tissue lysatesPaul J Boersema
Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Group, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences and Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University, Sorbonnelaan, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Proteomics 8:4624-32. 2008..Thereby, differences in abundance ratio of more than two orders of magnitude could be quantified...
- Effects of employing a ¹⁰B-carrier and manipulating intratumour hypoxia on local tumour response and lung metastatic potential in boron neutron capture therapyS Masunaga
Particle Radiation Oncology Research Centre, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Osaka, Japan
Br J Radiol 85:249-58. 2012....
- Improved pharmacological properties for superoxide dismutase modified with mannanAymara Valdivia
Center for Enzyme Technology, University of Matanzas, Autopista a Varadero km 3 1 2, Matanzas, C P 44740, Cuba
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 44:159-65. 2006..The anti-inflammatory activity of SOD was increased 2-fold and its plasma half-life time was prolonged from 4.8 min to 1.7 h after glycosylation with the polymer...
- Syntheses and structures of lanthanide borohydrides supported by a bridged bis(amidinate) ligand and their high activity for controlled polymerization of ε-caprolactone, L-lactide and rac-lactideWenbo Li
Key Laboratory of Organic Synthesis of Jiangsu Province, College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, People s Republic of China
Dalton Trans 41:7258-65. 2012..69-0.85 depending on the lanthanide metals and the most effective heterotactic enrichment (Pr) was found for 1 (Pr = 0.85). Moreover, complex 1 initiated the polymerization of rac-LA in a living fashion...
- Regioselective formation of acrolein-derived cyclic 1,N(2)-propanodeoxyguanosine adducts mediated by amino acids, proteins, and cell lysatesFung Lung Chung
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical School, 3800 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 25:1921-8. 2012..This study demonstrates that intracellular amino-containing compounds may influence the regiochemistry of the formation of OHPdG adducts and reveals a mechanism for the preferential formation of γ-OHPdG by Acr in vivo...
- Characterization of oligosaccharides from the chondroitin/dermatan sulfates. 1H-NMR and 13C-NMR studies of reduced trisaccharides and hexasaccharidesThomas N Huckerby
Department of Biological Sciences, Lancaster University, UK
FEBS J 272:6276-86. 2005..The full assignment of all signals in the NMR spectra are given, and these data permit the further characterization of CS/DS chains and their nonreducing capping structures...
- [Ln(BH(4))(2)(THF)(2)] (Ln = Eu, Yb)-A Highly Luminescent Material. Synthesis, Properties, Reactivity, and NMR StudiesSebastian Marks
Institut fur Anorganische Chemie, Karlsruher Institut fur Technologie KIT, Engesserstraße 15, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 134:16983-6. 2012The divalent lanthanide borohydrides [Ln(BH(4))(2)(THF)(2)] (Ln = Eu, Yb) have been prepared in a straightforward approach. The europium compound shows blue luminescence in the solid state, having a quantum yield of 75%...
- Fully automated synthesis of 4-[18F]fluorobenzylamine based on borohydride/NiCl2 reductionJenilee Way
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB, T6G 1Z2, Canada
Nucl Med Biol 40:430-6. 2013..Therefore, alternative methods for the preparation of [(18)F]FBA compatible with remotely-controlled syntheses in ASUs are needed...
- Catalytic hydrodechlorination of 1,2-dichloroethane using copper nanoparticles under reduction conditions of sodium borohydrideChang Chieh Huang
Graduate Institute of Environmental Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, 106, Taiwan
J Environ Monit 13:2406-12. 2011..5% of the 1,2-DCA lost, respectively. Potential environmental applications can be achieved by immobilizing copper nanoparticles onto the surface of reducing metals to form a reactive bimetallic structure...
- Reductive debromination of nonabrominated diphenyl ethers by sodium borohydride and identification of octabrominated diphenyl ether productsLisa Granelli
Environmental Chemistry Unit, Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry, Stockholm University, SE 10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Chemosphere 82:839-46. 2011..All three nonabrominated DEs displayed a preferred initial debromination on the fully brominated DE ring...
- Evaluation of hypoxia-specific cytotoxic bioreductive agent-sodium borocaptate-10B conjugates as 10B-carriers in boron neutron capture therapyShin Ichiro Masunaga
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, 2 1010, Asashiro nishi, Kumatori cho, Sennan gun, Osaka 590 0494, Japan
Radiat Med 24:98-107. 2006..They were conjugates that had been synthesized from a hypoxia-specific cytotoxic bioreductive agent, quinoxaline oxide TX-402, and a clinically used 10B-carrier, sodium borocaptate-10B (BSH)...
- Synergetic enhancement effect of ionic liquid and diethyldithiocarbamate on the chemical vapor generation of nickel for its atomic fluorescence spectrometric determination in biological samplesChuan Zhang
Research Center for Analytical Sciences, College of Chemistry, Nankai University, 94 Weijin Road, Tianjin 300071, China
Anal Chim Acta 652:143-7. 2009..The precision (RSD) for eleven replicate determinations of 20microgL(-1) Ni was 3.4%. The developed FI-CVG-AFS method was successfully applied to determination of trace Ni in several certified biological reference materials...
- The boron-boron single bond in diborane(4) as a non-classical electron donor for hydrogen bondingIbon Alkorta
Instituto de Química Médica, CSIC, Juan de la Cierva, 3, E 28006 Madrid, Spain
Phys Chem Chem Phys 13:14026-32. 2011..The SAPT2 energy decomposition analysis shows that the relative importance of the various terms that contribute to the interaction energy depends on the strength of the interaction...
- Two-color fluorescence labeling in acrolein-fixed brain tissueEsther Luquin
Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA, Area de Neurociencias, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Histochem Cytochem 58:359-68. 2010..Furthermore, adjacent acrolein-fixed sections from a single experiment can be processed to produce high-quality results for electron microscopy or fluorescence labeling...
- A new method to radiolabel natural organic matter by chemical reduction with tritiated sodium borohydrideRuth M Tinnacher
Environmental Science and Engineering Division, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
Environ Sci Technol 41:6776-82. 2007..This method produces NOM of high specific activity (e.g., 1.9 mCi mg(-1) FA); this permits the tracing of FA at a detection limit of 0.3 microg L(-1) FA...
- Mechanism of interaction between human 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase and AP endonucleaseVictoria S Sidorenko
SB RAS Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, 8 Lavrentieva Avenue, Novosibirsk 630090, Russia
DNA Repair (Amst) 6:317-28. 2007..Altogether, our data support a model in which APE1 specifically recognizes an OGG1/DNA complex, distorts a stretch of DNA 5' to the OGG1 molecule, and actively displaces the glycosylase from the lesion...
- Polymerization of racemic beta-butyrolactone using supported catalysts: a simple access to isotactic polymersNoureddine Ajellal
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0431, USA
Chem Commun (Camb) 46:1032-4. 2010..The neodymium-decorated silica converts the beta-butyrolactone monomer into highly isotactic poly(beta-hydroxybutyrate). Under similar conditions, the molecular precursor gives rise to an atactic polymer...
- Use of methanesulfonic acid in the reductive ring-opening of O-benzylidene acetalsAlexander I Zinin
N D Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Leninsky prosp, 47, 119991 Moscow, Russian Federation
Carbohydr Res 342:627-30. 2007..Normal regioselectivity was observed, the 6-O-benzyl ethers with free 4-OH group being the major products of the reaction...
- EORTC trial 11001: distribution of two 10B-compounds in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck, a translational research/phase 1 trialAndrea Wittig
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Essen, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 13:1653-65. 2009..6 for muscle, 2.5 +/- 1.0 for lymph nodes, 1.4 +/- 0.5 for skin and 1.0 +/- 0.3 for mucosa. BPA and BSH deliver (10)B to SCCHN to an extent that might allow effective BNCT treatment. Mucosa and skin are the most relevant organs at risk...
- Addition of electrophilic radicals to 2-benzyloxyglycals: synthesis and functionalization of fluorinated α-C-glycosides and derivativesSophie Colombel
Normandie Université, COBRA, UMR 6014 et FR 3038, Université Rouen, INSA Rouen, CNRS, 1 rue Tesniere, 76821 Mont Saint Aignan Cedex France
Chemistry 19:12778-87. 2013..These transformations open the way for the synthesis of fluorinated C-glycosidic analogues of glycoconjugates. ..
- Quantitative determination of paraquat in meconium by sodium borohydride-nickel chloride chemical reduction and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS)Norberto C Posecion
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, 421 East Canfield St, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 862:93-9. 2008..56%) with %CV (inter-assay) of less than 13%, and a limit of detection of 0.0156microg/g. Analysis of meconium samples from a study population in the Philippines (n=70) showed a 2.8% prevalence of fetal exposure to paraquat...
- Beta-elimination for release of O-GalNAc-linked oligosaccharides from glycoproteins and glycopeptidesM Fukuda
La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, La Jolla, California, USA
Curr Protoc Mol Biol . 2001..Another alternative protocol uses sodium sulfite...
- [Analysis of paraquat in blood and urine by sodium borohydride/nickel chloride chemical reduction-gas chromatography/thermionic specific detector]Lu Yao Huang
West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 24:429-32. 2008..To establish a new method for the analysis of paraquat in blood and urine by sodium borohydride/nickel chloride chemical reduction-gas chromatography/thermionic specific detector...
- Convection enhanced delivery of carboranylporphyrins for neutron capture therapy of brain tumorsShinji Kawabata
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki City, Osaka, Japan
J Neurooncol 103:175-85. 2011..Based on these results, we now are in the process of synthesizing and evaluating carboranylporphyrins that could have enhanced cellular uptake and improved therapeutic efficacy...
- Facile one-pot synthesis of gold nanoparticles and their sensing protocolAbdul Hameed
ICCBS, H E J Research Institute of Chemistry, University of Karachi, 75270, Karachi, Pakistan
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:11987-9. 2011..Primarily the cyclic thioether linkage i.e. the thiozolidine ring of amoxicillin is utilized for sequestering Au(III). Fluorescence quenching of these clusters makes it an efficient protocol for sensing Cu(2+) at nano scale levels...
- Optimal detection of the neutron capture therapy agent borocaptate sodium (BSH): a comparison between 1H and 10B NMRP Bendel
Department of Chemical Services, MR Center, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Med Phys 28:178-83. 2001..In view of these considerations, direct 10B detection could well be the preferred strategy for MRI/MRS of BSH in vivo...
- Organotin pollution in ChinaQun fang Zhou
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 2871, Beijing, 100085, China
ScientificWorldJournal 2:655-9. 2002..Urgent control or management of organotin compounds is necessary to prevent the underlying hazard caused by this kind of pollutant...
- Hydrophobically directed selective reduction of ketonesMark R Biscoe
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:12718-9. 2003Three hydrophobic borohydrides carrying phenyl, pentafluorophenyl, and beta-naphthyl groups were used to reduce ketones in water and in methanol...
- Chlorogenic acid analogue S 3483: a potent competitive inhibitor of the hepatic and renal glucose-6-phosphatase systemsW J Arion
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 14853, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 351:279-85. 1998..It and other tight-binding inhibitors of T1 will provide useful new tools for investigating the molecular structure and physiology/pathology of the Glc-6-Pase system...
- Putrescine activation of Trypanosoma cruzi S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylaseTracy Clyne
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9041, USA
Biochemistry 41:13207-16. 2002..cruzi enzyme contains only limited elements (D174) in common with the human enzyme and that the diamine plays different roles in the function of the mammalian and parasite enzymes...
- Synthesis and characterization of oligonucleotides containing a 4'-keto abasic siteJingyang Chen
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Biochemistry 43:5278-86. 2004..The stability of duplex DNA containing a 4'-keto abasic site relative to an abasic site in the same sequence context is reported under physiological conditions...
- A substrate-induced change in the stereospecificity of the serine-hydroxymethyltransferase-catalysed exchange of the alpha-protons of amino acids--evidence for a second catalytic siteT B Fitzpatrick
Department of Biochemistry, University College Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Biochem 252:113-7. 1998..The molecular basis of these results is discussed...
- The principal site of glycation of human complement factor BM A Niemann
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294
Biochem J 274:473-80. 1991....
- Posttranslational formation of formylglycine in prokaryotic sulfatases by modification of either cysteine or serineT Dierks
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Abt Biochemie II, Universitat Gottingen, Gosslerstrasse 12d, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 273:25560-4. 1998..The expression of both the Klebsiella and the Pseudomonas sulfatases as active enzymes in E. coli suggests that two modification systems are present, or that a common modification system is modulated by a cofactor...
- Lyase activities intrinsic to Escherichia coli polymerases IV and VXuan Shen
Department of Biological Sciences and Chemistry, Hedco Molecular Biology Laboratories, University of Southern California, University Park, Los Angeles, 90089 1340, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 4:1368-73. 2005..The concomitant loss of both activities is strong evidence that pol V contains a bona fide lyase activity...
- Molecular Targeting of EGFR for the Treatment of GliomasROLF BARTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..second generation drugs BPA and BSH, produce a significant improvement in survival following BNCT compared to that which we have obtained with BSH and BPA in combination, using the F98EGFR and F98EGFRVIII glioma models?" ..
- ENALS IN TUMORIGENESISFung Lung Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide insight into the significance of cyclic dG modifications as a class of endogenous DNA lesions in apoptosis and shed light on the mechanisms by which omega-3 fatty acids protect against colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Prevention of Oral Cancer by Tea: A mechanism StudyFung Lung Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will elucidate the mechanisms for the inhibition of oral cancer insmokers by tea and verify the protective role of tea drinking against human cancers. ..
- Chemistry & Mechanisms of Tea in Disease PreventionFung Lung Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003..Funds are sought to defray the costs of invited speakers at the oral symposium session. ..
- Synthesis of Polyketides and TerpenesDavid A Evans; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a consequence, organic synthesis is a critical discipline that continues to have an important impact on the fields of both medicine and biology. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE NATURAL PRODUCTSBARRY SNIDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the course of these studies new methods will be developed that are of general utility for preparing drugs more economically. ..
- Effects of Formamidopyrimidine Lesions on DNAMarc Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TUMOR REMISSION--TAXOL AND CLOSE ANALOGS VIA SYNTHESISLEO PAQUETTE; Fiscal Year: 2003..These include, but are not limited to, the 1-deoxy, D-homo-, 2-desmethyl, and 12-methylene derivatives, in addition to the D-ring invertomer and the C-nor isomer. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF VANCOMYCIN ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2001..During the course of this project we intend to confirm (correct) the absolute stereochemical assignments of the principal members of this family by total synthesis. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF IONOPHORE/MACROLIDE ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our goal has been to set in place all of the reactions necessary for the rapid assemblage of any polyketide target structure. ..