Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inorganic or organic compounds that contain boron as an integral part of the molecule.
Publications262 found, 100 shown here
- Rab proteins mediate Golgi transport of caveola-internalized glycosphingolipids and correct lipid trafficking in Niemann-Pick C cellsAmit Choudhury
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thoracic Diseases Research Unit, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Invest 109:1541-50. 2002..Our results demonstrate a role for Rab7 and Rab9 in the Golgi targeting of glycosphingolipids and suggest a new therapeutic approach for restoring normal lipid trafficking in NP-C cells...
- 2-Aminoethoxydiphenyl borate directly facilitates and indirectly inhibits STIM1-dependent gating of CRAC channelsChristine Peinelt
Queen s Medical Center and John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
J Physiol 586:3061-73. 2008....
- 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate (2-APB) is a reliable blocker of store-operated Ca2+ entry but an inconsistent inhibitor of InsP3-induced Ca2+ releaseMartin D Bootman
Laboratory of Molecular Signalling, The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge CB2 4AT, UK
FASEB J 16:1145-50. 2002..These data indicate that although it must be used with caution, 2-APB can be useful in probing certain aspects of Ca2+ signaling...
- Complex actions of 2-aminoethyldiphenyl borate on store-operated calcium entryWayne I Dehaven
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, NIEHS, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 283:19265-73. 2008..These data reveal novel and complex actions of 2-APB effects on SOCE that can be attributed to effects on both STIM1 as well as Orai channel subunits...
- 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate alters selectivity of Orai3 channels by increasing their pore sizeRainer Schindl
Institute of Biophysics, University of Linz, Linz, Austria
J Biol Chem 283:20261-7. 2008..In aggregate, stimulation of Orai3 currents by 2-APB occurred along with an alteration of the permeation pathway that represents a unique mechanism for regulating ion channel selectivity by chemical compounds...
- Store-dependent and -independent modes regulating Ca2+ release-activated Ca2+ channel activity of human Orai1 and Orai3Shenyuan L Zhang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17662-71. 2008..The Orai3 current induced by 2-APB may reflect a store-independent mode of CRAC channel activation that opens a relatively nonselective cation pore...
- Modified boron neutron capture therapy for malignant gliomas performed using epithermal neutron and two boron compounds with different accumulation mechanisms: an efficacy study based on findings on neuroimagesShin Ichi Miyatake
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki City, Japan
J Neurosurg 103:1000-9. 2005..for malignant gliomas, the authors used epithermal rather than thermal neutrons for deep penetration and two boron compounds-sodium borocaptate (BSH) and boronophenylalanine (BPA)-with different accumulation mechanisms to increase the ..
- Competitive modulation of Ca2+ release-activated Ca2+ channel gating by STIM1 and 2-aminoethyldiphenyl borateMegumi Yamashita
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 286:9429-42. 2011....
- Enhancement of neurite outgrowth in neuronal-like cells following boron nitride nanotube-mediated stimulationGianni Ciofani
Italian Institute of Technology c o Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Viale Rinaldo Piaggio 34 Pontedera Pisa, 56025, Italy
ACS Nano 4:6267-77. 2010..PC12 stimulated with the present method exhibit neurite sprout 30% greater than the control cultures after 9 days of treatment...
- Discovery of a novel class of boron-based antibacterials with activity against gram-negative bacteriaVincent Hernandez
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:1394-403. 2013..coli and P. aeruginosa in murine thigh infection models, which suggest that this novel class of antibacterials has the potential to address this unmet medical need...
- Use of Bodipy-labeled sphingolipid and cholesterol analogs to examine membrane microdomains in cellsDavid L Marks
Thoracic Diseases Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Stabile 8, 200 First Street, SW, Rochester, MN 55905 0001, USA
Histochem Cell Biol 130:819-32. 2008....
- Comparison of human TRPC3 channels in receptor-activated and store-operated modes. Differential sensitivity to channel blockers suggests fundamental differences in channel compositionMohamed Trebak
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, NIEHS, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21617-23. 2002..The distinct action of these inhibitors on hTRPC3-mediated cation entry in these two cell types may result from their different modes of activation and may also reflect differences in basic channel structure...
- SCYX-7158, an orally-active benzoxaborole for the treatment of stage 2 human African trypanosomiasisRobert T Jacobs
SCYNEXIS, Inc, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1151. 2011..We have discovered and optimized a novel class of small-molecule boron-containing compounds, benzoxaboroles, to identify SCYX-7158 as an effective, safe and orally active treatment for HAT...
- Functional characterization of homo- and heteromeric channel kinases TRPM6 and TRPM7Mingjiang Li
Center for Cardiology and Cardiovascular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030, USA
J Gen Physiol 127:525-37. 2006..The unique characteristics of these three channel types, TRPM6, TRPM7, and TRPM6/7, suggest that they may play different roles in vivo...
- 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate is a common activator of TRPV1, TRPV2, and TRPV3Hong Zhen Hu
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35741-8. 2004..Our data suggest the existence of a common activation mechanism for TRPV1, TRPV2, and TRPV3 that may serve as a therapeutic target for pain management and treatment for diseases caused by hypersensitivity and temperature misregulation...
- 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate activates and sensitizes the heat-gated ion channel TRPV3Man Kyo Chung
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 24:5177-82. 2004..Together, these findings identify 2-APB as the first known chemical activator of TRPV3 and enhance the notion that TRPV3 participates in the detection of heat by keratinocytes...
- Properties of Orai1 mediated store-operated current depend on the expression levels of STIM1 and Orai1 proteinsN Scrimgeour
School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
J Physiol 587:2903-18. 2009..The results suggest that several key properties of Ca2+ channels formed by Orai1 depend on its interaction with STIM1, and that the stoichiometry of this interaction may vary depending on the relative expression levels of these proteins...
- Potentiation and inhibition of Ca(2+) release-activated Ca(2+) channels by 2-aminoethyldiphenyl borate (2-APB) occurs independently of IP(3) receptorsM Prakriya
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Physiol 536:3-19. 2001..Potentiation of I(CRAC) by 2-APB may be a useful diagnostic feature for positive identification of putative CRAC channel genes, and provides a novel tool for exploring the physiological functions of store-operated channels...
- BODIPY-cholesterol: a new tool to visualize sterol trafficking in living cells and organismsMaarit Hölttä-Vuori
Institute of Biomedicine Anatomy, Haartmaninkatu 8, University of Helsinki, Helsinki 00014, Finland
Traffic 9:1839-49. 2008..This is, to our knowledge, the first cholesterol probe that fulfills these prerequisites...
- The inositol trisphosphate receptor antagonist 2-aminoethoxydiphenylborate (2-APB) blocks Ca2+ entry channels in human platelets: cautions for its use in studying Ca2+ influxJ M Diver
Department of Physiology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Cell Calcium 30:323-9. 2001..These data provide further information regarding the mechanism and site of action of 2-APB and highlight the necessity of careful interpretation of work performed using this molecule...
- Carboxyamidotriazole-induced inhibition of mitochondrial calcium import blocks capacitative calcium entry and cell proliferation in HEK-293 cellsOlivier Mignen
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Cell Sci 118:5615-23. 2005....
- Isolation of individual boron nitride nanotubes via peptide wrappingZhenghong Gao
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8904, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:4976-7. 2010..The modulation of the BNNT band gap with peptide wrapping promises potential applications of the peptide/BNNT complexes to various nanotechnologies...
- Quantitative imaging and microlocalization of boron-10 in brain tumors and infiltrating tumor cells by SIMS ion microscopy: relevance to neutron capture therapyD R Smith
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Cancer Res 61:8179-87. 2001..The results reported here suggest that this is not the case and that a 6-h or longer infusion of BPA may be necessary to raise boron-10 levels in infiltrating tumor cells to that in the MTM...
- 2-Aminoethoxydiphenyl borate inhibits phototransduction and blocks voltage-gated potassium channels in Limulus ventral photoreceptorsY Wang
Department of Biology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Cell Calcium 32:209-16. 2002..The lack of specificity of the action of 2-APB in Limulus indicates that this blockade need not necessarily arise from inhibition of InsP(3)-induced calcium release...
- L-amino acid transporter-1 and boronophenylalanine-based boron neutron capture therapy of human brain tumorsAllah Detta
Department of Neurosurgery, Molecular Neurooncology Laboratory, The University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Neuroscience Centre, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 69:2126-32. 2009..Cells expressing PCNA, but not LAT-1, will require a different therapeutic strategy...
- Ca2+ selectivity and fatty acid specificity of the noncapacitative, arachidonate-regulated Ca2+ (ARC) channelsOlivier Mignen
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 278:10174-81. 2003..Whether this involves a direct action of arachidonic acid on the channel protein itself or an action on some intermediary molecule is, at present, unclear...
- Discovery of a new boron-containing antifungal agent, 5-fluoro-1,3-dihydro-1-hydroxy-2,1- benzoxaborole (AN2690), for the potential treatment of onychomycosisStephen J Baker
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc, 1060 East Meadow Circle, Palo Alto, California 94303, USA
J Med Chem 49:4447-50. 2006....
- Boron nitride nanotubes radiolabeled with ⁹⁹mTc: preparation, physicochemical characterization, biodistribution study, and scintigraphic imaging in Swiss miceDaniel Crístian Ferreira Soares
Centro de Desenvolvimento da Tecnologia Nuclear Laboratório de Materiais Nanoestruturados para Bioaplicações Av Antônio Carlos 6 627, Pampulha 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Int J Pharm 423:489-95. 2012..The findings from this study reveal a potential application of functionalized BNNTs as new potential drugs or radioisotope nanocarriers to be applied in therapeutic procedures...
- Glucose enhances expression of TRPC1 and calcium entry in endothelial cellsN B Bishara
School of Medical Sciences, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H171-8. 2010....
- Non-selective cation channel activity is required for lysophosphatidylcholine-induced monocyte migrationTom Schilling
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, St George s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, UK
J Cell Physiol 221:325-34. 2009..Thus, ion channel inhibition may represent a powerful strategy to attenuate the progression of atherosclerosis by reducing monocyte infiltration...
- Boron nitride nanotube reinforced polylactide-polycaprolactone copolymer composite: mechanical properties and cytocompatibility with osteoblasts and macrophages in vitroDebrupa Lahiri
Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33174, USA
Acta Biomater 6:3524-33. 2010..These results indicate that BNNT is a potential reinforcement for composites for orthopedic applications...
- Inhibition of the type 1 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor by 2-aminoethoxydiphenylborateJonathan G Bilmen
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK
Cell Signal 14:955-60. 2002..Although 2-APB does not inhibit the ryanodine receptor, it does inhibit the Ca(2+) ATPase activity as well store-operated Ca(2+) entry channels, which may limit its use as a specific membrane permeant InsP(3) receptor inhibitor...
- Boron neutron capture therapy: cellular targeting of high linear energy transfer radiationJeffrey A Coderre
Nuclear Engineering Department, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 2:355-75. 2003..Future improvements in BNCT effectiveness will come from improved boron delivery agents, improved boron administration protocols, or through combination of BNCT with other modalities...
- Modification of store-operated channel coupling and inositol trisphosphate receptor function by 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate in DT40 lymphocytesHong Tao Ma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 108 North Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 277:6915-22. 2002....
- Block of TRPC5 channels by 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate: a differential, extracellular and voltage-dependent effectShang Zhong Xu
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT
Br J Pharmacol 145:405-14. 2005..8 Our data indicate a specific and functionally important binding site on TRPC5 that enables block by 2-APB. The site is only available via an extracellular route and the block shows mild voltage-dependence...
- Crystal structures of the human and fungal cytosolic Leucyl-tRNA synthetase editing domains: A structural basis for the rational design of antifungal benzoxaborolesElena Seiradake
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Grenoble Outstation rue Jules Horowitz, France
J Mol Biol 390:196-207. 2009..Small differences between the human domain and the fungal domain could be exploited to enhance fungal specificity...
- Polyene-lipids: a new tool to image lipidsLars Kuerschner
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstr 108, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Nat Methods 2:39-45. 2005..Applying two-photon excitation microscopy, we imaged the distribution of polyene-lipids in living mammalian cells. For the first time, ether lipids, important for the function of the brain, were successfully visualized...
- Inhibition of SERCA Ca2+ pumps by 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate (2-APB). 2-APB reduces both Ca2+ binding and phosphoryl transfer from ATP, by interfering with the pathway leading to the Ca2+-binding sitesJonathan G Bilmen
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Biochem 269:3678-87. 2002..The binding of 2-APB to these sites could influence the movement of the loop between M6 and M7 (L6-7), and reduce access of Ca2+ to their binding sites...
- BOCILLIN FL, a sensitive and commercially available reagent for detection of penicillin-binding proteinsG Zhao
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285 0438, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1124-8. 1999..Finally, this method also allowed us to compare relative affinities of a PBP2x protein for different beta-lactam antibiotics with the aid of fluorescence polarization technology and to monitor a PBP2x protein during purification...
- Mechanisms of action of corilagin and tellimagrandin I that remarkably potentiate the activity of beta-lactams against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusSumiko Shiota
Department of Pathogenic Microbiology, School of Pharmacy, Shujitsu University, Okayama, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 48:67-73. 2004..Corilagin or tellimagrandin I suppressed the activity of beta-lactamase to some extent...
- Gap junctions/hemichannels modulate interkinetic nuclear migration in the forebrain precursorsXiuxin Liu
Department of Neurobiology and Kavli Institute for Neuroscience, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Neurosci 30:4197-209. 2010..Our findings indicate that functional interference with gap junctions/hemichannels during embryonic development may lead to abnormal corticogenesis and dysfunction of the cerebral cortex in adult organisms...
- Regulation of CRAC channel activity by recruitment of silent channels to a high open-probability gating modeMurali Prakriya
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Gen Physiol 128:373-86. 2006..We conclude that the slow regulation of whole-cell CRAC current by store depletion, extracellular Ca(2+), and 2-APB involves the stepwise recruitment of silent channels to a high open-probability gating mode...
- CRACM1, CRACM2, and CRACM3 are store-operated Ca2+ channels with distinct functional propertiesAnnette Lis
Center for Biomedical Research, The Queen s Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Curr Biol 17:794-800. 2007....
- 2-Aminoethoxydiphenyl borate affects the inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor, the intracellular Ca2+ pump and the non-specific Ca2+ leak from the non-mitochondrial Ca2+ stores in permeabilized A7r5 cellsL Missiaen
Laboratorium voor Fysiologie, K U Leuven Campus Gasthuisberg O N, Leuven, Belgium
Cell Calcium 29:111-6. 2001..We conclude that 2APB can not be considered as a selective blocker of the IP3 -induced Ca2+ release. Our results can explain the various effects of 2APB observed in intact cells...
- Thymidine kinase 1 as a molecular target for boron neutron capture therapy of brain tumorsRolf F Barth
Department of Pathology, Division of Biostatistics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17493-7. 2008..Further studies are planned to design and synthesize 3CTAs with enhanced chemical and biological properties, and increased therapeutic efficacy...
- 2-Aminoethoxydiphenyl borate (2-APB) antagonises inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate-induced calcium release, inhibits calcium pumps and has a use-dependent and slowly reversible action on store-operated calcium entry channelsClaire M Peppiatt
Laboratory of Molecular Signalling, The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge CB2 4AT, UK
Cell Calcium 34:97-108. 2003..Our data suggest that 2-APB has multiple cellular targets, a use-dependent action, is difficult to reverse and may affect Ca(2+) signalling in cell types where InsP(3) and SOC are not active...
- Quantitative subcellular imaging of boron compounds in individual mitotic and interphase human glioblastoma cells with imaging secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS)S Chandra
Cornell SIMS Laboratory, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
J Microsc 229:92-103. 2008..The 3-D SIMS imaging approach for the analysis of mitotic cells shown in this work should be equally feasible to the evaluation of other BNCT agents...
- Identification of perilipin-2 as a lipid droplet protein regulated in oocytes during maturationXing Yang
the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, 510080, China
Reprod Fertil Dev 22:1262-71. 2010..Thus, perilipin-2 is a lipid droplet protein in oocytes and its induction in the COC concurrent with dynamic reorganisation of lipid droplets suggests marked changes in lipid utilisation during oocyte maturation...
- Treatment results of boron neutron capture therapy using intra-arterial administration of boron compounds for recurrent head and neck cancerN Fuwa
Department of Radiation Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusaku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Br J Radiol 81:749-52. 2008..BNCT using intra-arterial administration of boron compounds was performed for recurrent head and neck cancer...
- Impact of the p53 status of the tumor cells on the effect of reactor neutron beam irradiation, with emphasis on the response of intratumor quiescent cellsShin Ichiro Masunaga
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Sennan gun, Osaka 590 0494, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:1366-77. 2002..The p53 status of the tumor cells had the potential to affect the response to reactor neutron beam irradiation following 10B-carrier administration...
- Boron neutron capture therapy in the treatment of locally recurred head-and-neck cancer: final analysis of a phase I/II trialLeena Kankaanranta
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:e67-75. 2012..To investigate the efficacy and safety of boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) in the treatment of inoperable head-and-neck cancers that recur locally after conventional photon radiation therapy...
- Analysis of boron distribution in vivo for boron neutron capture therapy using two different boron compounds by secondary ion mass spectrometryKunio Yokoyama
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
Radiat Res 167:102-9. 2007..Only two boron compounds, BPA and BSH, currently can be used clinically...
- Impact of accelerator-based boron neutron capture therapy (AB-BNCT) on the treatment of multiple liver tumors and malignant pleural mesotheliomaMinoru Suzuki
Particle Radiation Oncology Research Center, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Osaka, Japan
Radiother Oncol 92:89-95. 2009....
- Membrane fluidity and lipid order in ternary giant unilamellar vesicles using a new bodipy-cholesterol derivativeFlorly S Ariola
Department of Bioengineering, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
Biophys J 96:2696-708. 2009..Our integrated, multiscale results demonstrate the potential of this cholesterol analog for studying lipid-lipid interactions, lipid order, and membrane fluidity of biologically relevant L(o) domains...
- Evaluation of apoptosis and micronucleation induced by reactor neutron beams with two different cadmium ratios in total and quiescent cell populations within solid tumorsS Masunaga
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Sennan gun, Osaka, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:828-39. 2001....
- Identification of a boron nitride nanosphere-binding peptide for the intracellular delivery of CpG oligodeoxynucleotidesHuijie Zhang
Graduate School of Life Science, Hokkaido University, N10W8, Sapporo, 060 0812, Japan
Nanoscale 4:6343-50. 2012..The greater functionality of BP7-conjugated CpG ODNs on BNNS expands the potential of BNNS for drug delivery applications...
- A novel concept of treatment of diffuse or multiple pleural tumors by boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT)Minoru Suzuki
Particle Radiation Oncology Research Center, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Kumatori cho, Sennan gun, Osaka, Japan
Radiother Oncol 88:192-5. 2008..In each case, the tumors regressed or remained stable in size for 3-6 months following BNCT. No acute or late adverse events higher than grade 2 were observed...
- Boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) for glioblastoma multiforme: a phase II study evaluating a prolonged high-dose of boronophenylalanine (BPA)Roger Henriksson
Department of Radiation Sciences and Oncology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Radiother Oncol 88:183-91. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) for glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) using a novel protocol for the boronophenylalanine-fructose (BPA-F) infusion...
- The effects of some boron compounds against heavy metal toxicity in human bloodHasan Turkez
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 64:93-101. 2012..However, the potential of important boron compounds in cellular activities remains unexplored...
- Synthesis of a BODIPY library and its application to the development of live cell glucagon imaging probeJun Seok Lee
Department of Chemistry, New York University, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:10077-82. 2009..950). These results demonstrated the potential application of Glucagon Yellow as a glucagon imaging agent in live cells and tissues...
- Effect of cell swelling on ER/PM junctional interactions and channel assembly involved in SOCEXibao Liu
Secretory Physiology Section, Molecular Physiology and Therapeutics Branch, National Institutes of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell Calcium 47:491-9. 2010..We suggest that loss of SOCE could impact cell function and contribute to the deleterious effects of severe hypotonic stress...
- Molecular targeting and treatment of an epidermal growth factor receptor-positive glioma using boronated cetuximabGong Wu
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1260-8. 2007....
- Computational dosimetry and treatment planning considerations for neutron capture therapyDavid W Nigg
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory, Idaho Falls, ID 83415 7113, USA
J Neurooncol 62:75-86. 2003..Validation and benchmarking of computations for NCT are also of current developmental interest. Various institutions have their own procedures, but standard validation models are not yet in wide use...
- On the binding of BODIPY-GTP by the photosensory protein YtvA from the common soil bacterium Bacillus subtilisYusuke Nakasone
Molecular Microbial Physiology Group, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Photochem Photobiol 87:542-7. 2011..The isolated LOV domain (i.e. without the linker region) does not show such BODIPY-GTP fluorescence changes. Dialysis experiments have confirmed the blue-light-induced release of BODIPY-GTP from YtvA...
- Boron Neutron Capture Therapy for glioblastoma multiforme: advantage of prolonged infusion of BPA-fK Sköld
Hammercap Medical AB, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 122:58-62. 2010..To assess possible improved efficacy of Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT) for glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) using prolonged infusion and a correspondingly higher dose of l-boronophenylalanine, as the fructose complex (BPA-f)...
- In vitro investigation of the cellular toxicity of boron nitride nanotubesLenke Horváth
Laboratory of Physics of Complex Matter LPMC, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
ACS Nano 5:3800-10. 2011..Finally, our results point the toxicity of tubular nanomaterials to be strongly correlated with the cellular accumulation enhanced for straight nanotubes...
- Accelerating fluorescent sensor discovery: unbiased screening of a diversity-oriented BODIPY libraryJun Seok Lee
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, 3 Science Drive 3, Singapore
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:2339-41. 2011..Herein, we report the first systematic and unbiased evaluation of the BODIPY fluorophore library against a wide panel of biologically relevant molecules, and discoveries of 2 novel fluorescent probes for BSA and dopamine...
- Biological evaluation of boronated unnatural amino acids as new boron carriersG W Kabalka
Departments of Radiology and Chemistry, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 67:S374-9. 2009..These encouraging observations provide compelling support for further isomeric separations of ABCPC into the D and L forms for enhanced tumor targeting and continued testing of these compounds as new boron carriers in BNCT...
- Preliminary treatment planning and dosimetry for a clinical trial of neutron capture therapy using a fission converter epithermal neutron beamW S Kiger
Department of Radiation Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 61:1075-81. 2004..5% or less. Estimates of average tumor doses ranged from 33.7 to 83.4 RBEGy (median 57.8 RBEGy), a substantial improvement over our previous trial where the median value of the average tumor dose was 25.8 RBEGy...
- Rapid aqueous [18F]-labeling of a bodipy dye for positron emission tomography/fluorescence dual modality imagingZibo Li
Molecular Imaging Center, Department of Radiology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:9324-6. 2011..This radiolabeled dye, whose biodistribution and clearance has been studied in mice, is stable in vivo and can be used as a positron emission tomography/fluorescence dual modality imaging agent...
- An international dosimetry exchange for BNCT part II: computational dosimetry normalizationsK J Riley
Nuclear Reactor Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Med Phys 35:5419-25. 2008..Conversion of dose specification is now possible between all active participants and should be incorporated into future multi-center patient analyses...
- Impact of intra-arterial administration of boron compounds on dose-volume histograms in boron neutron capture therapy for recurrent head-and-neck tumorsMinoru Suzuki
Particle Oncology Research Center, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Osaka, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:1523-7. 2006....
- Boron neutron capture therapy in cancer: past, present and futureMario A Pisarev
Division of Nuclear Biochemistry, Department of Radiobiology, National Atomic Energy Commission, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 51:852-6. 2007..Moreover dogs with spontaneous UTC also have a selective uptake of BPA. At the present we are studying the biodistribution of BPA in patients with UTC before its application in humans...
- Combination of boron neutron capture therapy and external beam radiotherapy for brain tumorsRolf F Barth
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:267-77. 2004..Two brain tumor models were used, the F98 glioma as a model for primary brain tumors and the MRA 27 human melanoma as a model for metastatic brain tumors...
- Neutral and polyanionic carboranylporphyrazines: synthesis and physico-chemical propertiesD Pietrangeli
Department of Chemistry, Universita della Basilicata, Via N Sauro 85, 85100 Potenza, Italy
Appl Radiat Isot 67:S97-S100. 2009..Preliminary studies indicate that these compounds show negligible cell toxicity and, compared with BPA, good cellular uptake. This encourages further studies for their evaluation as potential BNCT agents...
- Boron neutron capture therapy for newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme: an assessment of clinical potentialK Sköld
Hammercap Medical AB, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Radiol 83:596-603. 2010....
- Knockdown of stromal interaction molecule 1 attenuates hepatocyte growth factor-induced endothelial progenitor cell proliferationYankun Shi
Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 235:317-25. 2010..In conclusion, our data suggest that HGF-induced EPC proliferation is mediated partly via activation of STIM1...
- Synthesis of pH-activatable red fluorescent BODIPY dyes with distinct functionalitiesSascha Hoogendoorn
Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Leiden University, P O Box 9052, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Org Lett 13:5656-9. 2011..In addition, fluorescence excitation and emission maxima for these dyes were shown to be significantly red-shifted in comparison to their tetramethyl precursors...
- Conjugates of boron clusters with derivatives of natural chlorin and bacteriochlorinV I Bregadze
A N Nesmeyanov Institute of Organoelement Compounds INEOS, Russian Academy of Sciences, 28 Vavilov str, 119991 Moscow, Russia
Appl Radiat Isot 67:S101-4. 2009....
- Characteristics of the ATP-induced Ca2+-entry pathway in the t-BBEC 117 cell line derived from bovine brain endothelial cellsDaiju Yamazaki
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 104:103-7. 2007..Results obtained using pharmacological tools suggest that the contribution of Ca2+ sources to ATP-induced [Ca2+]i rise in t-BBEC117 is estimated as approximately 2:1:2 for Ca2+-release and Ca2+-entry though SOCs and ROCs, respectively...
- Boronated DNA-binding compounds as potential agents for boron neutron capture therapyEllen L Crossley
School of Chemistry, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Mini Rev Med Chem 7:303-13. 2007..If boronated agents are targeted towards chromosomal DNA, the efficiency of BNCT is greatly enhanced. This article presents a concise review of DNA-binding compounds that have been functionalised with boron...
- Lipid peroxidation inhibition capacity assay for antioxidants based on liposomal membranesJingli Zhang
The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand Ltd, Private Bag 92169, Auckland, New Zealand
Mol Nutr Food Res 50:714-24. 2006..A strong correlation was found between LPIC(Inco) and LPIC(Mixed) values...
- Boron neutron capture therapy for recurrent oral cancer and metastasis of cervical lymph nodeY Kimura
Department of Dentistry and Oral Surgery, Division of Medicine for Function and Morphology of Sensory Organs, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi Takatsuki City, Osaka, Japan
Appl Radiat Isot 67:S47-9. 2009..The clinical response in our patients ranged from CR to PD. In 5 cases, spontaneous pain decreased immediately after BNCT. Three of the 6 are alive at the time of writing and we found that BNCT contributed to QOL improvement in all...
- Tumor blood vessel "normalization" improves the therapeutic efficacy of boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT) in experimental oral cancerAna J Molinari
Department of Radiobiology, Constituyentes Atomic Center, National Atomic Energy Commission, Argentina
Radiat Res 177:59-68. 2012..No normal tissue radiotoxicity was observed with any of the protocols. Pretreatment with thalidomide enhanced the therapeutic efficacy of BNCT and reduced precancerous tissue toxicity...
- First clinical case of boron neutron capture therapy for head and neck malignancies using 18F-BPA PETTeruhito Aihara
Departments of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan Matsushima 577, Kurashiki 701 0192 Japan
Head Neck 28:850-5. 2006..Head and neck malignancies were consequently selected as adaptable cancers. We reported the clinical results of our first case treated and discussed several advantages to the application of BNCT to head and neck tumors...
- Performance characteristics of the MIT fission converter based epithermal neutron beamK J Riley
Nuclear Reactor Laboratory and Department of Nuclear Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 138 Albany Street, Cambridge, MA 02139 USA
Phys Med Biol 48:943-58. 2003....
- 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate reveals heterogeneity in receptor-activated Ca(2+) discharge and store-operated Ca(2+) influxJ P Kukkonen
Department of Physiology, Division of Cell Physiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Cell Calcium 30:117-29. 2001..The results suggest, that 2-APB (1) may inhibit distinct subtypes of IP3 receptors with different sensitivity, and (2) that independently of this, it also inhibits some store-operated Ca(2+) channels via a direct, extracellular action...
- 2-Aminoethoxydiphenyl borate directly inhibits store-operated calcium entry channels in human plateletsY Dobrydneva
Department of Physiological Sciences, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23501-1980, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:541-52. 2001..It was concluded that 2APB was a rapid and effective direct inhibitor of SOCC in human platelets; as such, it cannot be used to support the involvement of IP(3) receptors in the activation of SOCC...
- An examination of the secretion-like coupling model for the activation of the Ca2+ release-activated Ca2+ current I(CRAC) in RBL-1 cellsD Bakowski
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Signalling, Department of Physiology, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PT, UK
J Physiol 532:55-71. 2001..If the secretion-like coupling model indeed accounts for the activation of I(CRAC) in RBL-1 cells, then it needs to be revised significantly. Possible modifications to the model are discussed...
- 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate as a prototype drug for a group of structurally related calcium channel blockers in human plateletsYuliya Dobrydneva
Department of Physiological Sciences, Eastern Virginia Medical School, P O Box 1980, Norfolk, VA 23501, USA
Mol Pharmacol 69:247-56. 2006..All of the compounds tested were also able to inhibit thrombin-induced calcium release. We concluded that extensive modifications of the oxazaborolidine ring in 2-APB can be made, and Ca(2+)-blocking activity was maintained...
- Influence of fluorophore and linker composition on the pharmacology of fluorescent adenosine A1 receptor ligandsJillian G Baker
Institute of Cell Signalling, School of Biomedical Sciences, Medical School, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Br J Pharmacol 159:772-86. 2010..This study evaluated how the physicochemical nature of the linker and the fluorophore affected the pharmacological properties of fluorescent agonists and antagonists...
- 2-Aminoethyl diphenylborinate analogues: selective inhibition for store-operated Ca2+ entryHong Zhou
The Division of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 352:277-82. 2007..These novel SOC inhibitors will be valuable pharmacological and biochemical tools for elucidating the physiological roles...
- Mechanism of inhibition of TRPC cation channels by 2-aminoethoxydiphenylboraneJean Philippe Lievremont
NIEHS, NIH, P O Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Mol Pharmacol 68:758-62. 2005..Thus, as concluded for store-operated channels, 2APB seems to inhibit TRPC channels by a direct mechanism not involving IP3 receptors...
- Close functional coupling between Ca2+ release-activated Ca2+ channels, arachidonic acid release, and leukotriene C4 secretionWei Chiao Chang
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Signalling, Department of Physiology, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:29994-9. 2004..Finally, mitochondria are key determinants of the generation of both intracellular (arachidonic acid) and paracrine (LTC4) signals through their effects on CRAC channel activity...
- Boron nitride nanotubes are noncytotoxic and can be functionalized for interaction with proteins and cellsXing Chen
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:890-1. 2009..Finally, we showed that BNNTs can deliver DNA oligomers to the interior of cells with no apparent toxicity. This work suggests that BNNTs may be superior to CNTs for use as biological probes and in biomaterials...
- Visualizing morphogenesis in transgenic zebrafish embryos using BODIPY TR methyl ester dye as a vital counterstain for GFPMark S Cooper
Department of Biology and Center for Developmental Biology, Box 351800, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Dev Dyn 232:359-68. 2005..We discuss a variety of immediate and potential applications of BODIPY TR methyl ester dye as a vital visualization counterstain for GFP in transgenic zebrafish embryos...
- Synthesis of bisboron compounds and their strong inhibitory activity on store-operated calcium entryAkinobu Z Suzuki
Laboratory for Developmental Neurobiology, Brain Development Research Group, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:1395-8. 2010..All the bisboron compounds showed strong inhibitory activity on SOCE, with IC50 values of less than 1 microM, which were 20-45 times lower than observed with 2-APB...
- Clathrin-dependent and -independent internalization of plasma membrane sphingolipids initiates two Golgi targeting pathwaysV Puri
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thoracic Diseases Research Unit, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Cell Biol 154:535-47. 2001....
- Investigation of interactions between poly-L-lysine-coated boron nitride nanotubes and C2C12 cells: up-take, cytocompatibility, and differentiationG Ciofani
Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pisa, Italy
Int J Nanomedicine 5:285-98. 2010..We demonstrated that BNNTs are highly internalized by C2C12 cells, with neither adversely affecting C2C12 myoblast viability nor significantly interfering with myotube formation...
- Glucosylceramide modulates membrane traffic along the endocytic pathwayDan J Sillence
Glycobiology Institute, Department of Biochemistry, South Parks Road, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
J Lipid Res 43:1837-45. 2002..These data demonstrate that both increases and decreases in glucosylceramide levels can dramatically alter the endocytic targeting of lactosylceramide and suggest a role for glucosylceramide in regulation of membrane transport...
- Orai1 and STIM reconstitute store-operated calcium channel functionJonathan Soboloff
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 281:20661-5. 2006..The suppression of SOC function by Orai1 overexpression likely reflects a required stoichiometry between STIM1 and Orai1...
- Shape Shifting Phosphines in Transition Metal CatalysisTHOMAS JOHN MAIMONE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Couplings involving electron deficient boron compounds, particularly 2-pyridyl boronic acids are an example...
- Neutron Microscope for In-Vivo ImagingJAY CREMER; Fiscal Year: 2005..tool for optimizing the delivery of boron-containing drug (BSH), and for development of tumor-targeting boron compounds. Specifically, in Phase I we will image a phantom containing the standard concentration of BSH in localized ..
- SYNTHESIS AND MECHANISM OF SECRETION OF PAROTID PROTEINSMERCEDES PAZ; Fiscal Year: 1992..Recent work in our laboratory succeeded in the development of several orgnic boron compounds representing a novel tool for the investigation of secretory mechanisms...
- DEVELOPMENT OF AN RFQ LINAC FOR CLINICAL BNCTRobert Hamm; Fiscal Year: 1993..Research Center at the University of California in San Francisco (UCSF) and will take into account the new boron compounds being developed at UCSF, as well as the lithium neutron production target and epithermal beam moderator being ..
- Catalytic Processes for Selective Organic SynthesisGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) Carbometalation/cyclization reactions will be explored utilizing organochromium species. 5) Ligands and catalytic systems designed for asymmetric synthesis will be explored. ..
- Agilent 5973 GC/MS SystemGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our current lack of such instrumentation negatively affects the ability to carry out many of these studies. This critical capability, in the form of an instrument for everyday analysis, is urgently needed. ..
- Molecular Targeting of EGFR for the Treatment of GliomasROLF BARTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..second generation drugs BPA and BSH, produce a significant improvement in survival following BNCT compared to that which we have obtained with BSH and BPA in combination, using the F98EGFR and F98EGFRVIII glioma models?" ..
- Heterogeneity of hypoxic Ca2+ release in pulmonary and *Yong Xiao Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies are also of fundamental physiological significance with respect to the regulation of Ca2+ release in other cell types. ..
- Novel Signaling for Ca2+ and Release in Airway MyocytesYong Xiao Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..6, and/or RyRs are ubiquitously expressed in a variety of cell types, the mechanistic findings from the proposed study will have general biological and pathological significance for various Ca2+-mediated cellular effects. ..
- Mechanisms for hypoxic Ca2+ release in pulmonary artery myocytesYong Xiao Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings from this proposal will enhance our understanding of cellular molecular mechanisms for hypoxic [Ca2+]i rise in PASMCs and associated HPV, and may lead to identify potential novel targets to treat pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Synthesis of Polyketides and TerpenesDavid A Evans; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a consequence, organic synthesis is a critical discipline that continues to have an important impact on the fields of both medicine and biology. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF IONOPHORE/MACROLIDE ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our goal has been to set in place all of the reactions necessary for the rapid assemblage of any polyketide target structure. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF VANCOMYCIN ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2001..During the course of this project we intend to confirm (correct) the absolute stereochemical assignments of the principal members of this family by total synthesis. ..
- G-protein signal coordination by RGS12DAVID SIDEROVSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..We wish to study one RGS protein, RGS12, that interferes with the actions of the neurotransmitter GABA in neurons that control pain processing. This work should lead to the discovery of new pain-controlling drugs. ..
- Neonatal Seizure Therapy and Susceptibility to SchizophreniaAlexei Kondratyev; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study also aims at identifying AEDs that will not predispose the neonates and pregnant women afflicted with seizures to schizophrenia- like disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ca2+ Waves and ArrhythmiasPENELOPE BOYDEN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of vascular smooth muscle calcium sensitivityPaul H Ratz; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Specific Aim of this study will be to test the hypothesis that ROK and PKCzeta both mediate KCI- induced Ca sensitization of FA, and that iPLA2 and PI3K are required as upstream activators of ROK and PKCzeta. ..
- Targeted Delivery of Anthrax InhibitorsMarina Backer; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Phase II we will develop LFn-liposomes with combination of LF and EF inhibitors, validate these liposomes in animal models of anthrax infection, and pre-clinical steps required for IND filing. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epigenetic control of apoptotic susceptibilityAlexei Kondratyev; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI contrast agents targeting carbohydrate biomarkersBinghe Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CALPAIN ACTIVATION OF T CELLS IN DEMYELINATING DISEASENaren Banik; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the mechanisms may help develop therapeutic strategies (e.g., calpain as a target) for treatment of MS. ..
- Targeting GRP78/BIP As An Adjunct Therapy For EGFR-positive Breast CancerMarina Backer; Fiscal Year: 2008..We expect that this data establish feasibility of clinical development for EGF-SLiP. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TUMOR-TARGETING WITH NEW BORONATED PORPHYRINSMARIA DA GRACA HENRIQUES VICENTE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The potential of BNCT will only be realized if new and improved BNCT agents are discovered, synthesized and their properties thoroughly investigated. ..
- Ion Channel Function in Arrhythmogenic Cardiac CellPENELOPE ALTMAN BOYDEN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Autoimmune encephalomyelitis and Bcl-2- interacting mediatorYouhai H Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Attenuation of Axonal Damage and Neuronal Death in EAENaren L Banik; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- The function of RhoBTB proteinsSTEPHEN PAUL SOLTOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies may reveal a new pathway involved in the development of cancer and advance our understanding of the basic biology of transformation. ..
- Real-Time Fluorescence Assay:RGS Domain GAP Activit(RMI)DAVID SIDEROVSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable]PERFORMANCE SITE ========================================Section End=========================================== ..
- Mechanistic studies of a novel G-alpha nucleotide cycleDAVID SIDEROVSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Conformation-Activity RelationshipsRichard Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2009..Moreover, where appropriate, we have incorporated the development of a number of new synthetic methods for the preparation of complex structural units common to polyketide natural products. ..
- Palladium- and Nickel-Catalyzed C-C Bond FormationGREGORY FU; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mechanistic studies will play an important role in this project, since an improved understanding of metal-based reactivity should greatly facilitate catalyst development. ..
- CYTOMIMETIC ORGANIC CHEMISTRYFREDRIC MENGER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Fluorescent Aptamers for Glycoprotein DetectionBinghe Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, the same technology, once developed, can also be used for the construction of fluorescent sensors for other cancer-related glycoproteins. ..
- Identification of a new protein that binds Src and PKCSTEPHEN SOLTOFF; Fiscal Year: 2004..Future efforts will determine if this new protein alters cell morphology, tight junction formation, or other functions in salivary cells. ..
- IL-6 IN AUTOIMMUNE ENCEPHALOMYELITISYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Information generated from these studies may not only help elucidate the mechanisms of IL-6 action in EAE but also aid in developing novel strategies to treat autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- AUTOIMMUNE ENCEPHALOMYELITIS AND NF-KBYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Novel strategies targeting NF-kappaB may then be developed to treat or prevent autoimmune diseases. ..
- CONFORMATION ACTIVITY RELATIONSHIPSRichard Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2003..This increased understanding of epothilone's mode of action at the molecular level will allow for the preparation of the next generation of microtubule-stabilizing anti-mitotic agents. ..
- MYRIAPORONES: SYNTHETIC AND BIOLOGICAL STUDIESRichard Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CALPAIN IN THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF DEMYELINATING DISEASENaren Banik; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- COSTIMULATION IN MUCOSAL IMMUNITY AND TOLERANCEYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The CTLA4 deficient ovalbumin-specific T-cells will then be adoptively transferred into normal mice and their reactivity to mucosal antigens examined. ..
- SYNTHESIS AND EVALUATION OF BORONATED FOLATES FOR BNCTWerner Tjarks; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) The development of boron compounds for the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN) by Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT) requires the synthesis and evaluation of non-toxic ..
- MECHANISMS OF NEUROPROTECTION IN LIMBIC SYSTEMAlexei Kondratyev; Fiscal Year: 2005..Structured mentored activities and short courses will guide the development of expertise in these areas necessary for the proposed studies and for the long-term career advancement of the applicant as a versatile neuroscientist. ..
- REGULATION OF DETRUSOR SMOOTH MUSCLE CONTRACTIONPAUL RATZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Collectively, these studies will provide new insights into the cellular mechanisms regulating DSM contractions. ..
- Type I diabetes and TRAILYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information generated from these studies may not only help elucidate the mechanisms of TRAIL action in type I diabetes but also aid in developing a novel strategy to treat the disease. ..
- Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis and TRAILYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Azinomycins - Total Synthesis and Mechanism of ActionRobert Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ESTROGEN EFFICACY IN SPINAL CORD INJURYNaren Banik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding estrogen's mechanisms in cell protection and recovery as it relates to multidestructive pathways will establish it as a viable SCI treatment agent. ..
- Multitargeted Microbicide Combinations to Block HIVBetsy Herold; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed comprehensive preclinical evaluation of combinations and clinical evaluation of PRO 2000 will lay the groundwork for future clinical trials with optimal combinations. ..
- Asymmetric Catalysis by Transition MetalsGREGORY FU; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] the application of these new ligands to the development of highly enantioselective transition metal-catalyzed reactions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Asymmetric Synthesis of Cytotoxic Natural ProductsRobert Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis and p53Youhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Novel strategies targeting p53 may then be developed to treat or prevent autoimmune diseases. ..
- FAS LIGAND GENE TRANSFER IN ARTHRITISYouhai Chen; Fiscal Year: 2001..Information generated from these studies may help elucidate the mechanisms by which FasL gene transfer diminishes autoimmune arthritis and may lead to the development of a novel strategy for treatment of autoimmune arthritis. ..
- Purinergic Receptors in Olfactory SystemColleen Hegg; Fiscal Year: 2003..Because ATP is released during neurotransmission and by noxious stimuli, these studies may elucidate mechanisms for the observed reduction in olfactory sensitivity during exposure to noxious agents. ..
- Injury-Evoked Regeneration Mechanism in Olfactory SystemColleen Hegg; Fiscal Year: 2008..Agents that modify the effects of purinergics and purinergic receptors are readily available and could therapeutically modulate cell proliferation and differentiation, in the olfactory system and in the CNS. ..