Summary: Zeolites. A group of crystalline, hydrated alkali-aluminum silicates. They occur naturally in sedimentary and volcanic rocks, altered basalts, ores, and clay deposits. Some 40 known zeolite minerals and a great number of synthetic zeolites are available commercially. (From Merck Index, 11th ed)
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Effective utilization of waste ash from MSW and coal co-combustion power plant: Zeolite synthesisYun Fan
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
J Hazard Mater 153:382-8. 2008..These results demonstrated that the special type of co-combustion ash from power plant is suitable for synthesizing high quality zeolite, and the products are suitable for heavy metal removal from wastewater...
- Erionite exposure in North Dakota and Turkish villages with mesotheliomaMichele Carbone
University of Hawaii Cancer Center, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:13618-23. 2011..Our findings indicate that implementation of novel preventive and early detection programs in ND and other erionite-rich areas of the United States, similar to efforts currently being undertaken in Turkey, is warranted...
- Heavy metal removal with Mexican clinoptilolite: multi-component ionic exchangeM Vaca Mier
Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Azcapotzalco, Av San Pablo 180, D F 02200, Mexico
Water Res 35:373-8. 2001..Altogether, these results show that natural zeolites hold great potential to remove cationic heavy metal species from industrial wastewater...
- Application of a zeolite hemostatic agent achieves 100% survival in a lethal model of complex groin injury in SwineHasan B Alam
Department of Surgery, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Trauma 56:974-83. 2004..We tested ZH with increasing RM against controls and other hemostatic agents in a swine model of battlefield injury...
- Thermal injury resulting from application of a granular mineral hemostatic agentJames K Wright
311 Health Sciences Wing, Air Force Material Command, Brooks City Base, Texas, USA
J Trauma 57:224-30. 2004..In an effort to identify a hemostatic agent suitable for battlefield use, we evaluated several potential hemostatic agents in a swine injury model and noted thermal injury to tissues with a granular mineral hemostatic agent (QuikClot)...
- Removal of ammonium ion from aqueous solution using natural Turkish clinoptiloliteDogan Karadag
Yildiz Technical University, Civil Engineering Faculty, Environmental Engineering Department, 34349 Besiktas, Istanbul, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 136:604-9. 2006..The process is also found to be exothermic. The results indicate that there is a significant potential for the natural Turkish clinoptilolite as an adsorbent material for ammonium removal from aqueous solutions...
- Nucleant-mediated protein crystallization with the application of microporous synthetic zeolitesMichihiro Sugahara
RIKEN SPring 8 Center, Harima Institute, 1 1 1 Kouto, Sayo cho, Sayo gun, Hyogo 679 5148, Japan
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 64:686-95. 2008..The hetero-epitaxic growth of the zeolite-mediated crystals was confirmed by a crystal-packing analysis which revealed a layer-like structure in the crystal lattice...
- Evaluation of pathological changes in broilers during chronic aflatoxin (50 and 100 ppb) and clinoptilolite exposureM Ortatatli
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Selcuk, Kampus, 42031 Konya, Turkey
Res Vet Sci 78:61-8. 2005..05). The addition of CLI to the AF-free diet did not produce any significant lesions compared with the controls...
- Potentiation of 5-fluorouracil encapsulated in zeolites as drug delivery systems for in vitro models of colorectal carcinomaNatália Vilaça
Centre of Chemistry, Chemistry Department, University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 112:237-44. 2013..a traditional drug used in the treatment of several cancers, including colorectal (CRC), were carried out with zeolites Faujasite in the sodium form, with different particle sizes (NaY, 700nm and nanoNaY, 150nm) and Linde type L in ..
- Interleukin-1beta and tumour necrosis factor-alpha promote the transformation of human immortalised mesothelial cells by erioniteYaohe Wang
Molecular Oncology Unit, Cancer Research UK, Imperial College London Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, UK
Int J Oncol 25:173-8. 2004....
- Host-guest composites for induced hemostasis and therapeutic healing in traumatic injuriesTodd A Ostomel
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California, 93106, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 22:55-67. 2006..Five ion exchanged derivatives of the parent HA were prepared and characterized with regard to their material and thermal properties, in vitro hemostatic efficacy, and antibacterial activity...
- The removal of heavy metal cations by natural zeolitesE Erdem
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Arts, Pamukkale University, 20017 Denizli, Turkey
J Colloid Interface Sci 280:309-14. 2004In this study, the adsorption behavior of natural (clinoptilolite) zeolites with respect to Co(2+), Cu(2+), Zn(2+), and Mn(2+) has been studied in order to consider its application to purity metal finishing wastewaters...
- Tin-containing zeolites are highly active catalysts for the isomerization of glucose in waterManuel Moliner
Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6164-8. 2010....
- Use of synthetic zeolites for arsenate removal from pollutant waterSiddhesh Shevade
U S Environmental Protection Agency, National Risk Management Research Laboratory, 919 Kerr Research Dr, Ada, OK 74820, USA
Water Res 38:3197-204. 2004..In the present work, the potential use of a variety of synthetic zeolites for removal of arsenic from water below the current and proposed EPA MCL has been examined at room temperature...
- Development of a novel mineral based haemostatic agent consisting of a combination of bentonite and zeolite mineralsS M J Mortazavi
Radiology Department, School of Paramedical Sciences, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 21:3-7. 2009..In this paper the bio-stimulatory effect of burned radioactive lantern mantles powder as well as two minerals; bentonite and zeolite are presented...
- Removal of heavy metals from mine waters by natural zeolitesUlla Wingenfelder
Institute of Terrestrial Ecology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Grabenstrasse 3, CH 8952 Schlieren, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 39:4606-13. 2005....
- Decolorization of KN-R catalyzed by Fe-containing Y and ZSM-5 zeolitesAiyin Chen
Key Laboratory of Environmental Pollution Process and Standard of Ministry of Education, College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
J Hazard Mater 156:568-75. 2008..anthraquinone dye, Reactive Brilliant Blue KN-R by hydrogen peroxide was examined using Fe-containing Y and ZSM-5 zeolites as heterogeneous catalysts...
- Mesopore-modified zeolites: preparation, characterization, and applicationsYousheng Tao
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chiba University, Chiba 263, Japan
Chem Rev 106:896-910. 2006
- Lead removal from aqueous solution by natural and pretreated clinoptilolite: adsorption equilibrium and kineticsAhmet Gunay
Chairmenship of Environmental Protection Department, Antalya Great Municipality, Antalya, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 146:362-71. 2007..The negative value of change in Gibbs free energy (DeltaG degrees ) indicates that adsorption of Pb(II) on clinoptilolite is spontaneous...
- Removal of heavy metals from acid mine drainage (AMD) using coal fly ash, natural clinker and synthetic zeolitesC A Ríos
Escuela de Geología, Universidad Industrial de Santander, Bucaramanga, Colombia
J Hazard Mater 156:23-35. 2008..present study aimed at evaluating the use of low-cost sorbents like coal fly ash, natural clinker and synthetic zeolites to clean-up AMD generated at the Parys Mountain copper-lead-zinc deposit, Anglesey (North Wales), and to remove ..
- Intracorporeal use of advanced local hemostatics in a damage control swine model of grade IV liver injuryKenji Inaba
Division of Trauma Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, Los Angeles County University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Trauma 71:1312-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of zeolite- and chitosan-based local hemostatic agents for the control of intracorporeal bleeding in a damage control swine model of grade IV liver injury...
- The use of zeolites to generate PET phantoms for the validation of quantification strategies in oncologyFelicia Zito
Nuclear Medicine Department, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Med Phys 39:5353-61. 2012..The aim of this work is to propose a strategy to simulate lesions of uniform uptake and irregular shape in an anthropomorphic phantom, with the possibility to easily obtain a ground truth as to lesion activity and borders...
- Optimal accelerating voltage for HRTEM imaging of zeoliteKaname Yoshida
Japan Fine Ceramics Center, 2 4 1 Mutsuno, Atsuta ku, Nagoya 456 8587, Japan
Microscopy (Oxf) 62:369-75. 2013..The minimum dose for image detection with a CCD camera was surmised from the output/input signal ratio dependence on the accelerating voltage and the contrast range in simulated HRTEM images...
- Hydrophobic high surface area zeolites derived from fly ash for oil spill remediationTamilselvan Sakthivel
Advanced Materials Processing and Analysis Center AMPAC, Materials Science Engineering MSE, 4000, Central Florida Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32816, United States
Environ Sci Technol 47:5843-50. 2013..10, 1.02, 0.86, and 1.15 g g(-1), respectively. Oil sorption was about five times higher than the as-received fly ash (0.19 g g(-1)) and also had high buoyancy critical for economic cleanup of oil over water...
- Application of zeolites for radium removal from mine waterStanisław Chałupnik
Central Mining Institute, Pl Gwarkow 1, 40 166, Katowice, Poland
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 20:7900-6. 2013..Another possibility for the removal of different ions from salty waters and brines is the application of zeolites. We found that technique as a very promising method for removal of not only radium isotopes from mine waters but ..
- La roca magica: uses of natural zeolites in agriculture and industryF A Mumpton
Edit Inc, P O Box 591, Clarkson, NY 14430, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:3463-70. 1999..Natural zeolites (i.e...
- Arsenic adsorption from aqueous solution on synthetic zeolitesPratap Chutia
Department of Materials and Life Science, Seikei University, Tokyo 180 8633, Japan
J Hazard Mater 162:440-7. 2009The adsorption of arsenic from aqueous solution on synthetic zeolites H-MFI-24 (H24) and H-MFI-90 (H90) with MFI topology has been investigated at room temperature (r.t) applying batch equilibrium techniques...
- Understanding the dissolution of zeolitesRyan L Hartman
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2300 Hayward Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2136, USA
Langmuir 23:5477-84. 2007Scientific knowledge of how zeolites, a unique classification of microporous aluminosilicates, undergo dissolution in aqueous hydrochloric acid solutions is limited...
- Sn-zeolite beta as a heterogeneous chemoselective catalyst for Baeyer-Villiger oxidationsA Corma
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica, UPV CSIC, Avda de los naranjos s n, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Nature 412:423-5. 2001..Dissolved platinum complexes and solid acids, such as zeolites or sulphonated resins, efficiently activate ketone oxidation by hydrogen peroxide...
- Heavy metal removal by clinoptilolite. An equilibrium study in multi-component systemsRoman Petrus
Department of Chemistry, Rzeszow University of Technology, 6 Powstańców Warszawy Str, 35 959 Rzeszow, Poland
Water Res 39:819-30. 2005..The results show that the equilibrium model based on the law of mass action, which considers nonideal behavior of both phases, allows one to achieve the best approach to the real multi-component equilibrium data in all studied systems...
- Removal of cadmium from aqueous solutions using clinoptilolite: influence of pretreatment and regenerationKadir Gedik
Department of Environmental Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 155:385-92. 2008....
- A comparative study of ion exchange kinetics in zinc/lead-modified zeolite-clinoptilolite systemsM Trgo
University of Split, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Teslina 10 V, 21000 Split, Croatia
J Hazard Mater 136:938-45. 2006..The diffusion coefficients in the system of zinc ions is of the order of 10(-8)cm(2)/min, also independent of initial concentrations, but decreasing with time from the beginning of ion exchange to the equilibrium...
- Purification of metal electroplating waste waters using zeolitesE Alvarez-Ayuso
Department of Environmental Geochemistry, IRNASA, CSIC Apto 257, Salamanca E 37071, Spain
Water Res 37:4855-62. 2003The sorption behaviour of natural (clinoptilolite) and synthetic (NaP1) zeolites has been studied with respect to Cr(III), Ni(II), Zn(II), Cu(II) and Cd(II) in order to consider its application to purify metal finishing waste waters...
- Removal of aqueous manganese using the natural zeolitic tuff from the Vranjska Banja deposit in SerbiaNevenka Rajic
Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University of Belgrade, Karnegijeva 4, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
J Hazard Mater 172:1450-7. 2009..The intra-particle diffusion is not the rate-controlling step in the sorption of Mn(II) on clinoptilolite. Thermodynamic data suggest spontaneity of the endothermic ion-exchange process in the 298-338 K range...
- Study of the selection mechanism of heavy metal (Pb2+, Cu2+, Ni2+, and Cd2+) adsorption on clinoptiloliteMyroslav Sprynskyy
Department of Environmental Chemistry and Ecoanalytics, Faculty of Chemistry, Nicolaus Copernicus University, 7 Gagarina Str, 87 100 Torun, Poland
J Colloid Interface Sci 304:21-8. 2006..7, 25.76, and 13.03 mg/g at 800 mg/L. The sorption results fit well to the Langmuir and the Freundlich models. The second one is better for adsorption modeling at high metal concentrations...
- Investigations of different kinetic models for zinc ions uptake by a natural zeolitic tuffM Trgo
Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Split, Teslina 10 V, 21000 Split, Croatia
J Environ Manage 79:298-304. 2006....
- Cesium leaching from gamma-irradiated CsA and CsX zeolitesEnrique Lima
Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Iztapalapa, A P 55 532, Av San Rafael Atlixco No 186 Col Vicentina, 09340 Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Hazard Mater 160:614-20. 2008The present study discusses the effect of gamma-irradiation on Cs+-exchanged X and A zeolites. The incorporation of Cs+ ions into A and X zeolites was performed using three different cesium salts (chloride, nitrate or acetate)...
- The inhibitory effect of antimicrobial zeolite on the biofilm of Acidithiobacillus thiooxidansTesfaalem Haile
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Western Ontario, 1151 Richmond Street, London, ON N6A 5B8, Canada
Biodegradation 21:123-34. 2010..The present study revealed that the antimicrobial zeolite inhibits the growth of both planktonic as well as biofilm populations of Acidithiobacillus thiooxidans...
- Ammonia removal from wastewater by ion exchange in the presence of organic contaminantsT C Jorgensen
Department of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
Water Res 37:1723-8. 2003..The results show that in most of the cases studied, the presence of organic compounds enhances the uptake of ammonium ion onto the ion exchangers...
- Silver nanoparticles as a new generation of antimicrobialsMahendra Rai
Department of Biotechnology, SGB Amravati University, Amravati 444 602, Maharashtra, India
Biotechnol Adv 27:76-83. 2009..Hence, silver nanoparticles have emerged up with diverse medical applications ranging from silver based dressings, silver coated medicinal devices, such as nanogels, nanolotions, etc...
- Effect of an acidifying diet combined with zeolite and slight protein reduction on air emissions from laying hens of different agesW Wu-Haan
Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
Poult Sci 86:182-90. 2007..01) on NO emissions was observed. No diet or age effects (P > 0.05) were observed for NO(2) or non-CH(4) total hydrocarbons. Results demonstrated that diet and layer age influence air emissions from poultry operations...
- Hemorrhage control in the battlefield: role of new hemostatic agentsHasan B Alam
Trauma Research and Readiness Institute for Surgery, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Mil Med 170:63-9. 2005..The purpose of this article is to summarize the background information regarding these hemostatic agents, indications and rationale for their use, and characteristics of these products that may impact effectiveness...
- Ammonium removal from aqueous solutions by zeolite adsorption together with chemical precipitationT Wen
School of Chemical Engineering and Energy, Zheng Zhou University, Science Road No 100, Zhengzhou 450001, Henan, China
Water Sci Technol 61:1941-7. 2010..Ammonium removal from aqueous solution by natural and pretreated zeolites, breakthrough curve, chemical regeneration of pretreated zeolite, ammonium removal from regeneration solution by ..
- Erionite and asbestos differently cause transformation of human mesothelial cellsP Bertino
Department of DISCAFF and DFB Center, University of Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
Int J Cancer 121:12-20. 2007..The genetic predisposition to the effect of erionite is a separate subject for investigation...
- Prospective study of mesothelioma mortality in Turkish villages with exposure to fibrous zeoliteY Izzettin Baris
Guven Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:414-7. 2006..Our results emphasize the severity of the mesothelioma endemic in erionite-exposed areas of Turkey and call for intensified prevention of mesothelioma by limiting environmental exposures to these fibers...
- A mesothelioma epidemic in Cappadocia: scientific developments and unexpected social outcomesMichele Carbone
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Thoracic Oncology Program, Honolulu, Hawaii 96816, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 7:147-54. 2007....
- Fabrication of silver nanoparticles doped in the zeolite framework and antibacterial activityKamyar Shameli
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 6:331-41. 2011..The antibacterial activity of Ag NPs in zeolites was investigated against Gram-negative bacteria (ie, Escherichia coli and Shigella dysentriae) and Gram-positive ..
- Migration of antimicrobial silver from composites of polylactide with silver zeolitesAvelina Fernandez
Inst de Agroquímica y Tecnología de Alimentos, CSIC, Apdo Correos 73, 46100, Burjassot, Spain
J Food Sci 75:E186-93. 2010..All types of PLA/silver zeolite composites released Ag(+) ions. A more intense ionic exchange with the zeolites and a significant, but low, antimicrobial activity in solution were found in cast films...
- Controlled release of preservatives using dealuminated zeolite YHåkan Eriksson
Health and Society, Malmo University, S 20506 Malmö, Sweden
J Biochem Biophys Methods 70:1139-44. 2008..Together, these results demonstrate an interesting potential use of dealuminated zeolite Y containing adsorbed preservatives for preventing microbial growth in numerous applications in industry and clinical setting...
- Synthetic zeolites as a new tool for drug deliveryMaria G Rimoli
Department of Pharmaceutical and Toxicological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Federico II University of Naples, Via Domenico Montesano 49, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biomed Mater Res A 87:156-64. 2008Synthetic zeolites were studied in order to investigate their ability to encapsulate and to release drugs. In particular, a zeolite X and a zeolitic product obtained from a cocrystallization of zeolite X and zeolite A were examined...
- Selective adsorption of bacterial cells onto zeolitesMunehiro Kubota
Department of Applied Biological Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda shi, Chiba ken 278 8510, Japan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 64:88-97. 2008b>Zeolites adsorb microbial cells on their surfaces and selective adsorption for specific microorganisms was seen with certain zeolites...
- Zeolite thin film-coated long period fiber grating sensor for measuring trace chemicalJian Zhang
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221, USA
Opt Express 16:8317-23. 2008..Upon loading analyte molecules, the zeolite's refractive index changes in the close vicinity of the fiber index where the LPFG has a large response to achieve high sensitivity...
- Erionite bodies and fibres in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) of residents from Tuzköy, Cappadocia, TurkeyP Dumortier
Chest Department, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik 808, B1070 Brussels, Belgium
Occup Environ Med 58:261-6. 2001..The aim was to evaluate the fibre burden in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) from inhabitants of an erionite village and compare it with Turkish subjects with or without environmental exposure to tremolite asbestos...
- Hierarchical zeolites: enhanced utilisation of microporous crystals in catalysis by advances in materials designJavier Pérez-Ramírez
Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia ICIQ, Tarragona, Spain
Chem Soc Rev 37:2530-42. 2008The introduction of synthetic zeolites has led to a paradigm shift in catalysis, separations, and adsorption processes, due to their unique properties such as crystallinity, high-surface area, acidity, ion-exchange capacity, and shape-..
- Lung diseases due to environmental exposures to erionite and asbestos in TurkeySalih Emri
Department of Chest Diseases, Hacettepe Medical Faculty, Hacettepe University Hospital, Sihhiye, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Toxicol Lett 127:251-7. 2002..An additional recent genetic-epidemiological study showed that there are some families, which are genetically predisposed to mesothelioma...
- Genetic predisposition to fiber carcinogenesis causes a mesothelioma epidemic in TurkeyA Umran Dogan
Department of Geological Engineering, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Res 66:5063-8. 2006..This is the first time that genetics is shown to influence mineral fiber carcinogenesis...
- Use of natural zeolites as a landfill linerAhmet Tuncan
Department of Civil Engineering, Anadolu University, Ikieylül Kampusu, 26555 Eskisehir, Turkey
Waste Manag Res 21:54-61. 2003..Various ratios of bentonites and zeolites (B/Z) compacted at optimum water content were tested to determine the strength parameters, permeability, pH, ..
- Antimicrobial action and efficiency of silver-loaded zeolite XBright Kwakye-Awuah
Research Centre in Applied Sciences, University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK
J Appl Microbiol 104:1516-24. 2008..To synthesize silver-loaded zeolite X and establish the extent to which it persist in its antimicrobial action against strains of Escherichia coli K12W-T, Pseudomonas aeruginosa NCIMB8295 and Staphylococcus aureus NCIMB6571...
- Thorium removal by different adsorbentsMichail Metaxas
Institute of Technology of Agricultural Products, NAGREF, 1 S Venizelou, 141 23, Lykovrissi, Greece
J Hazard Mater 97:71-82. 2003..g. two activated carbons and four zeolites-two natural and two synthetic)...
- The use of volcanic soil as mineral landfill liner--I. Physicochemical characterization and comparison with zeolitesRodrigo Navia
Chemical Engineering Department, University of La Frontera, Temuco, Chile
Waste Manag Res 23:249-59. 2005..soil of Southern Chile, with allophane as the main pedogenic mineral phase were analysed and compared with common zeolites (clinoptilolite) of the European market...
- Ammonia removal from leachate solution using natural Chinese clinoptiloliteYuqiu Wang
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
J Hazard Mater 136:735-40. 2006..It is believed that as adsorption agent for NH(4)-N removal from sludge leachate, natural Chinese clinoptilolite can be feasible...
- Aflatoxin B1 and clinoptilolite in feed for laying hens: effects on egg quality, mycotoxin residues in livers, and hepatic mixed-function oxygenase activitiesL Rizzi
Dipartimento di Morfofisiologia Veterinaria e Produzioni Animali, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Via Tolara di Sopra, 50, 40064 Ozzano Emilia, Bologna, Italy
J Food Prot 66:860-5. 2003..01). The highest levels observed were those in the livers of the hens receiving the diet supplemented with the mycotoxin alone. AFB1 did not exert any significant effects on the hepatic MFO activities examined...
- Zeolite-templated microporous carbon as a superior adsorbent for removal of monoaromatic compounds from aqueous solutionLiangliang Ji
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, Jiangsu, PR China
Environ Sci Technol 43:7870-6. 2009..Findings of the present work highlight the potential of using zeolite-templated carbons as effective adsorbents for removal of hydrophobic organic contaminants in water treatment...
- Application of nonlinear regression analysis for ammonium exchange by natural (Bigadiç) clinoptiloliteAhmet Gunay
Deparment of Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Balikesir University, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 148:708-13. 2007..Thermodynamic investigation indicated that ammonium removal by clinoptilolite was favorable at lower temperatures and exothermic in nature...
- Pretreatment of natural clinoptilolite in a laboratory-scale ion exchange packed bedV J Inglezakis
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens. Greece
Water Res 35:2161-6. 2001..Furthermore, the water quality (use of tap water) as well as the surface dust of the original material (about 5% w/w) did not alter its effective capacity...
- Levitation effect in zeolites: Quasielastic neutron scattering and molecular dynamics study of pentane isomers in zeolite NaYBhaskar J Borah
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
J Chem Phys 132:144507. 2010..Finally, the result that the branched isomer has a higher diffusivity as compared with the linear analog is at variation from what is normally seen...
- NO-releasing zeolites and their antithrombotic propertiesPaul S Wheatley
School of Chemistry, University of St Andrews, Purdie Building, UK
J Am Chem Soc 128:502-9. 2006....
- Glycine canonical and zwitterionic isomers within zeolitesGang Yang
Institute of Theoretical Chemistry, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, PR China
J Phys Chem B 113:10399-402. 2009..The negative charges of ZSM-5 zeolite created by Al doping are indispensable to the stabilizations of the zwitterion; however, the lattices also play an important role and approximate 74.1% of the contributions of the negative charges...
- Removal of ammonium ion from aqueous solution by natural Turkish (Yildizeli) zeolite for environmental qualityKadir Saltali
Department of Soil Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Gaziosmanpasa, 60240 Tokat, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 141:258-63. 2007....
- Screening long-time plating effluent qualities by sorbent sorption with XRF analysisShih Hsien Chang
Department of Public Health, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Hazard Mater 138:67-72. 2006..Granular activated carbon was suitable for Cu concentration monitoring in effluents. The accumulation of metals onto sorbents with different sorption periods (1-3 days) was also investigated...
- In situ (1)H and (13)C MAS NMR kinetic study of the mechanism of H/D exchange for propane on zeolite H-ZSM-5Sergei S Arzumanov
Boreskov Institute of Catalysis, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Prospekt Akademika Lavrentieva 5, Novosibirsk 630090, Russia
J Phys Chem B 109:19748-57. 2005....
- The adsorption kinetics and removal of cationic dye, Toluidine Blue O, from aqueous solution with Turkish zeoliteSibel Kilinc Alpat
Department of Chemistry Education, Dokuz Eylul University, Buca Izmir, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 151:213-20. 2008..02 kJ mol(-1), respectively. The adsorption isotherm was well fitted to both the Langmuir and Freundlich models. The maximum adsorption capacity of clinoptilolite for TBO was 2.1x10(-4) mol g(-1) at solution pH of 11.0...
- Solid-state conversion of fly ash to effective adsorbents for Cu removal from wastewaterShaobin Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U1987, Perth, WA 6845, Australia
J Hazard Mater 139:254-9. 2007..The kinetic studies indicate that the adsorption can be fitted by the second-order kinetic model. Langmuir and Freundlich isotherms also can fit to the adsorption isotherm...
- Physical and chemical regeneration of zeolitic adsorbents for dye removal in wastewater treatmentShaobin Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U1987, Perth, WA 6845, Australia
Chemosphere 65:82-7. 2006..regeneration can not fully recover the adsorption capacity with the two techniques and the regenerated natural zeolites by the two techniques are similar, showing 60% adsorption capacity of fresh sample...
- Removal of perfluorinated surfactants by sorption onto granular activated carbon, zeolite and sludgeValeria Ochoa-Herrera
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0011, USA
Chemosphere 72:1588-93. 2008..Additionally, the sorptive capacity of zeolites and sludge for PFOS was compared to that of granular activated carbon...
- Pollutant removal efficiency of alternative filtration media in stormwater treatmentN Seelsaen
Centre for Water and Waste Technology, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Water Sci Technol 54:299-305. 2006..The application of using recycled organic materials and other waste materials (such as recycled glass) also provides added value to the products life cycle...
- Pure, single phase, high crystalline, chamfered-edge zeolite 4A synthesized from coal fly ash for use as a builder in detergentsK S Hui
Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
J Hazard Mater 137:401-9. 2006..This shows that the toxicological effect of the coal fly ash converted zeolite 4A was not worse than that of the commercial sample. Finally, economic and environmental aspects of converting coal fly ash to useful products were discussed...
- Removal of free fatty acid in waste frying oil by esterification with methanol on zeolite catalystsKyong Hwan Chung
Center for Functional Nano Fine Chemicals, Chonnam National University, 300 Yongbong Dong, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 99:7438-43. 2008..The ZSM-5 (MFI), mordenite (MOR), faujasite (FAU), beta (BEA) zeolites, and silicalite were employed with different Si/Al molar ratio in the reaction...
- Exploration of remediation of acid rock drainage with clinoptilolite as sorbent in a slurry bubble column for both heavy metal capture and regenerationHeping Cui
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of British Columbia, 2360 East Mall, Vancouver, Canada V6T 1Z3
Water Res 40:3359-66. 2006..Smaller particles had significantly higher capacity and rates of the adsorption than larger particles for the same operating conditions...
- Use of clinoptilolite for the removal of nickel ions from water: kinetics and thermodynamicsMehmet Emin Argun
Department of Environmental Engineering, Engineering and Architecture Faculty, Selcuk University, 42003 Selçuklu Konya, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 150:587-95. 2008..The maximum removal efficiency obtained was 93.6% at pH 7 and with a 45 min contact time (for 25 mg L(-1) initial concentration and a 15 g L(-1) solid-to-liquid ratio)...
- Governing factors for motor oil removal from water with different sorption materialsV Rajaković-Ognjanović
Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade, Bulevar kralja Aleksandra 73, 11 000 Belgrade, Serbia
J Hazard Mater 154:558-63. 2008....
- Alkaline hydrothermal conversion of fly ash precipitates into zeolites 3: the removal of mercury and lead ions from wastewaterVernon Somerset
Sensor Research Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of the Western Cape, Private Bag X17, Bellville 7535, South Africa
J Environ Manage 87:125-31. 2008In this paper, the utilisation of zeolites synthesised from fly ash (FA) and related co-disposal filtrates as low-cost adsorbent material were investigated...
- [Experimental study on the processes and mechanism of enhanced denitrification by addition zeolite in wastewater treatment]Xing Chun Dai
Department of Environmental Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200062, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 28:1882-8. 2007..These results indicated that NH4+ ion-exchange and accumulation to the interior/outer surfaces of zeolite, co-existence of aerobic and anoxic micro-environments were responsible for the enhanced denitrifying function...
- Arsenate removal from water by an alumina-modified zeolite recovered from fly ashWei Qiu
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5A3
J Hazard Mater 148:721-6. 2007..However, it was found that the adsorption capacity of zeolites were generally lower than activated alumina (16...
- Use of an iron-overexchanged clinoptilolite for the removal of Cu2+ ions from heavily contaminated drinking water samplesM K Doula
National Agricultural Research Foundation of Greece, Soil Science Institute of Athens, 1 Sof Venizelou St, 14123 Lycovrisi, Greece
J Hazard Mater 151:738-45. 2008..Changes in the composition of water samples, as well as in their pH and conductivities values were reported and explained...
- Use of natural clinoptilolite to improve water quality: sorption and selectivity studies of lead(II), copper(II), zinc(II), and nickel(II)Ozlem Oter
Department of Chemistry, Dokuz Eylul University, 35160, Tinaztepe, Izmir, Turkey
Water Environ Res 79:329-35. 2007..The silicon/aluminum ratio and the theoretical and equivalent exchange capacities, both in single and mixed solutions, were established. Corresponding adsorption constants and distribution coefficients have been found...
- Reduction of organic pollutants in Olive Mill Wastewater by using different mineral substrates as adsorbentsC A Santi
Istituto per lo Studio degli Ecosistemi CNR, Via Madonna del Piano n 10, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino FI, Italy
Bioresour Technol 99:1945-51. 2008..Zeolite was found to be highly efficient in adsorbing Pp and COD from OMW and was easy to regenerate by means of the LTA technique...
- Two-step method for preparation of NaA-X zeolite blend from fly ash for removal of cesium ionsM R El-Naggar
Hot Laboratory Center, Atomic Energy Authority of Egypt, P O 13759, Inshas, Cairo, Egypt
J Hazard Mater 154:963-72. 2008Pure zeolites can be synthesized from silica extracts obtained from fly ash by alkaline leaching. The extraction potential of industrial by-product fly ash was investigated under repeated fusion process conditions...
- Study of the behaviour of thorium adsorption on PAN/zeolite composite adsorbentA Kilincarslan Kaygun
Ege University, Institute of Nuclear Sciences, 35100 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 147:357-62. 2007..79 and of sorption energy E=0.80 and Freundlich constants 1/n=3.12 and cm = 0.012 mmol g(-1) were evaluated. Thermodynamic parameters such as DeltaH and DeltaS were found to be 37.32 kJ mol(-1) and 206.17 J mol(-1)K(-1), respectively...
- Removal of ammonium from wastewater using calcium form clinoptiloliteZhi Yong Ji
School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, 300072 Tianjin, PR China
J Hazard Mater 141:483-8. 2007..The column results indicated that the effluent of simulated wastewater treated with CaY could meet the integrated wastewater discharge standard of China, and CaY can be circulated through regenerating by Ca(OH)(2)...
- Removal of phenol and 4-chlorophenol by surfactant-modified natural zeoliteAyşe Kuleyin
Environmental Engineering Department, Ondokuzmayis University, 55139 Samsun, Turkey
J Hazard Mater 144:307-15. 2007..Equilibrium isotherms for the adsorption of phenol were analyzed by Freundlich, Langmuir, and Tempkin isotherm models. Freundlich isotherm was found to best represent the data for phenol and 4-chlorophenol adsorption...
- Comparison of linear and nonlinear analysis in estimating the Thomas model parameters for methylene blue adsorption onto natural zeolite in fixed-bed columnRunping Han
Department of Chemistry, Zhengzhou University, No 75 of Daxue North Road, Zhengzhou, Henan Province 450052, PR China
J Hazard Mater 145:331-5. 2007..The error analysis was performed. Present investigation showed that the linear and nonlinear methods are both suitable to predict the breakthrough curves using Thomas model parameters and the nonlinear method is better...
- [Simulation research on removal efficiency of P-pollutants by several substrates in stormwater]Bao Qing Shan
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 28:2280-6. 2007..The results suggest that zeolite, limestone and soil are appropriate substrates for removing P-pollutants from stormwater...
- Heavy metal adsorption by a formulated zeolite-Portland cement mixtureYong Sik Ok
Department of Renewable Resources, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2E3, Canada
J Hazard Mater 147:91-6. 2007..Column experiments demonstrated that the ZeoAds was more efficient and had a higher sorptive capacity than activated carbon for removing metals from industrial wastewater...
- Uptake of Zn2+ ions by a fully iron-exchanged clinoptilolite. Case study of heavily contaminated drinking water samplesAnthoula Dimirkou
Department of Agriculture, Crop Production and Agricultural Environment, University of Thessaly, Soil Science Laboratory, N Ionia 38446 Magnesias, Greece
Water Res 41:2763-73. 2007..Changes in the composition of water samples, as well as in their pH and conductivities values were reported and explained...
- Removal of uranium(VI) from aqueous solutions by manganese oxide coated zeolite: discussion of adsorption isotherms and pH effectRunping Han
Department of Chemistry, Zhengzhou University, No 75 Daxue North Road, Zhengzhou, Henan Province 450052, PR China
J Environ Radioact 93:127-43. 2007..The thermodynamics of uranium(VI) ion/MOCZ system indicates the spontaneous and endothermic nature of the process. It was noted that an increase in temperature resulted in a higher uranium loading per unit weight of the adsorbent...
- Evaluation of zeolite A for the sorptive removal of Cs+ and Sr2+ ions from aqueous solutions using batch and fixed bed column operationsA M El-Kamash
Hot Laboratory Center, Atomic Energy Authority of Egypt, P O 13759, Inshas, Cairo, Egypt
J Hazard Mater 151:432-45. 2008..The sorption rate constants (K) were found to increase with increase in flow rate indicating that the overall system kinetics was dominated by external mass transfer in the initial part of the sorption process in the column...
- Sorption of cadmium and zinc from aqueous solutions by zeolite 4A, zeolite 13X and bentoniteG Purna Chandra Rao
Department of Chemistry, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati 517 502, India
J Environ Manage 81:265-72. 2006..The desorption studies were carried out using NaCl solution and the effect of NaCl concentration on desorption was also studied. Maximum desorption of 76% for cadmium and 80% for zinc occurred with 10% NaCl...
- Cd(II) and Pb(II) separation from aqueous solution using clinoptilolite and Opuntia ectodermisC Barrera-Diaz
Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Mexico, Facultad de Quimica, Paseo Colón intersección Paseo Tollocan S N C P 50120, Toluca, Estado de Mexico, Mexico
Environ Technol 26:821-9. 2005..It was demonstrated that the use of low cost materials for the treatment of Pb(II), and Cd(II), containing wastewater is an effective and economical alternative method...
- Biodegradation of p-chlorophenol by a microalgae consortiumSofia A C Lima
Escola Superior de Biotecnologia, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, Rua Dr Antonio Bernardino de Almeida, 4200 072, Porto, Portugal
Water Res 38:97-102. 2004..However, when p-chlorophenol at 150mgl(-1) was fed to the culture supplemented with zeolite, the growth rate of the consortium improved, but the lag phase was longer (16 against 14 days in the absence of zeolite)...
- Partitioning of hydrophobic organic chemicals (HOC) into anionic and cationic surfactant-modified sorbentsHrissi K Karapanagioti
Marine Sciences Department, University of the Aegean, Lofos Panepistimiou, Mytilene 81100, Greece
Water Res 39:699-709. 2005....
- Pilot-scale Research of Novel Amendment Delivery for in-situ Sediment RemediationUpal Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2009..such as activated carbon for binding persistent organic pollutants and natural minerals such as apatite, zeolites, or bauxite for the binding of toxic metals in sediments...
- A RANDOMIZED TRIAL TO REDUCE ETS IN CHILDREN WITH ASTHMABruce Lanphear; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SORBENTS+ENGINEERED BACTERIA AS GUT-BASED UREMIA THERAPYNatarajan Ranganathan; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is equally feasible that our oral formulation may also have applications as a adjunct therapy for dialysis. ..
- Novel Zeolite Photocatalyst for Reductive Dechlorination of Chlorinated VOCsSUSAN MACKAY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Some have been linked to cancer and over twenty are currently regulated in public water supplies by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nano-scale Mechanisms of Metal(loid) Rhizostabilization in Desert Mine TailingsJONATHAN D CHOROVER; Fiscal Year: 2011..This research is both timely and necessary as growth in the US Southwest is exploding and communities are being developed in closer proximity to such tailings sites. ..
- SV40 sequences in human tumors: analysis & biologic*Michele Carbone; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Role of Cell Mediators in Asbestos-SV40 CarcinogenesisMichele Carbone; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is anticipated that the results of the experimens proposed in this application will provide information to design novel preventive and therapeutic approaches for MM. ..