Genomes and Genes
Summary: An oxide of aluminum, occurring in nature as various minerals such as bauxite, corundum, etc. It is used as an adsorbent, desiccating agent, and catalyst, and in the manufacture of dental cements and refractories.
Publications317 found, 100 shown here
- The influence of alumina and ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene particles on osteoblast-osteoclast cooperationD Granchi
Laboratory of Pathophysiology of Orthopaedic Implants, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, Bologna 40136, Italy
Biomaterials 25:4037-45. 2004..With regard to the inductive effect on the osteoclastogenesis, our results show that the Al(2)O(3) wear debris are less active...
- Peptide-immobilized nanoporous alumina membranes for enhanced osteoblast adhesionErin E Leary Swan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, 44 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biomaterials 26:1969-76. 2005..Cell secreted matrix was absent on unmodified membranes for the same duration. Vitronectin-adsorbed surfaces did not show significant improvement in adhesion over unmodified membranes...
- Alumina-alumina artificial hip joints. Part II: characterisation of the wear debris from in vitro hip joint simulationsJ L Tipper
Medical and Biological Engineering, School of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of Leeds, UK
Biomaterials 23:3441-8. 2002....
- Particle surface characteristics may play an important role in phytotoxicity of alumina nanoparticlesLing Yang
York Center for Environmental Engineering and Science, Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University Heights, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Toxicol Lett 158:122-32. 2005..5% and 1.0%), the non-loaded particles also showed decreased inhibition of root elongations. We supposed that the surface characteristics of the particles play an important role in the phytotoxicity of alumina nanoparticles...
- Fabrication of pillar-like titania nanostructures on titanium and their interactions with human skeletal stem cellsTerje Sjostrom
Department of Oral and Dental Science, University of Bristol, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol BS1 2LY, UK
Acta Biomater 5:1433-41. 2009..The 15 nm high topography features resulted in the greatest cell response with bone matrix nodule forming on the Ti surface after 21 days...
- Mechanisms of magnesium-stimulated adhesion of osteoblastic cells to commonly used orthopaedic implantsH Zreiqat
School of Pathology, UNSW, Sydney 2052, Australia
J Biomed Mater Res 62:175-84. 2002..Therefore, Mg(2+) supplementation of bioceramic substrata may be a promising way to improve integration of implants in orthopaedic and dental surgery...
- Lipid bilayer coated Al(2)O(3) nanopore sensors: towards a hybrid biological solid-state nanoporeBala Murali Venkatesan
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Illinois, IL 61801, USA
Biomed Microdevices 13:671-82. 2011..This technology can find broad application in bio-nanotechnology...
- Thirty years of experience with alumina-on-alumina bearings in total hip arthroplastyDidier Hannouche
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, AP HP, Hôpital Lariboisière University Paris 7, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Int Orthop 35:207-13. 2011..4% at ten years. However, concern remains over ceramic liner fracture and squeaking, which has been noted recently with increasing prevalence. This review will discuss the current knowledge on the use of alumina-on-alumina bearings...
- Impedance analysis and single-channel recordings on nano-black lipid membranes based on porous aluminaWinfried Römer
Institut für Analytische Chemie, Chemo und Biosensorik, Universitat Regensburg, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Biophys J 86:955-65. 2004..6 x 10(8) Omega cm(2). These high membrane resistances allowed for single-channel recordings. Gramicidin as well as alamethicin was successfully inserted into the nano-BLMs exhibiting characteristic conductance states...
- Long-term wear of ceramic matrix composite materials for hip prostheses under severe swing phase microseparationTodd D Stewart
School of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 66:567-73. 2003....
- Comparative analysis of two different types of alumina-alumina hip prosthesis retrieved for aseptic looseningJ E Nevelos
School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds, England
J Bone Joint Surg Br 83:598-603. 2001..By identifying and eliminating the factors which accelerate wear, it is expected that the lifetime of these devices can be further increased...
- A nanoporous AlN layer patterned by anodic aluminum oxide and its application as a buffer layer in a GaN-based light-emitting diodeLung Chien Chen
Department of Electro Optical Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, 1, Sector 3, Chung Hsiao East Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan, Republic of China
Nanotechnology 20:085303. 2009This work investigates a nanoporous aluminum nitride (AlN) layer prepared using an anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) process and its application as a buffer layer for a GaN-based light-emitting diode (LED) fabricated on sapphire substrate...
- Surface modification of In-Ceram Zirconia ceramic by Nd:YAG laser, Rocatec system, or aluminum oxide sandblasting and its bond strength to a resin cementAna Maria Spohr
Department of Dental Materials, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre
Photomed Laser Surg 26:203-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of different surface treatments on bond strength between In-Ceram Zirconia ceramic and Panavia Fluoro Cement...
- Characterization and surface treatment effects on topography of a glass-infiltrated alumina/zirconia-reinforced ceramicAlvaro Della Bona
Dental School, The University of Passo Fundo, P O Box 611 613, Campus I, BR 285, Km171, Passo Fundo, RS 99001 970, Brazil
Dent Mater 23:769-75. 2007..Characterize the microstructure, composition and some physical properties of a glass-infiltrated alumina/zirconia-reinforced ceramic (IZ) and the effect of surface treatment on topography...
- Where bio meets nano: the many uses for nanoporous aluminum oxide in biotechnologyColin J Ingham
MicroDish BV, Utrecht, Netherlands
Biotechnol Adv 30:1089-99. 2012Porous aluminum oxide (PAO) is a ceramic formed by an anodization process of pure aluminum that enables the controllable assembly of exceptionally dense and regular nanopores in a planar membrane...
- Less wear with aluminium-oxide heads than cobalt-chrome heads with ultra high molecular weight cemented polyethylene cups: a ten-year follow-up with radiostereometryJon Dahl
Orthopaedic Department, Oslo University Hospital, N 0407, Oslo, Norway
Int Orthop 36:485-90. 2012..Both alumina (Al(2)O(3)) and cobalt-chrome (CoCr) femoral heads are commonly used. We investigated wear comparing alumina heads to cobalt-chrome heads against conventional cemented polyethylene (PE) cups for up to ten years...
- Murine pulmonary responses after sub-chronic exposure to aluminum oxide-based nanowhiskersAndrea Adamcakova-Dodd
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Part Fibre Toxicol 9:22. 2012b>Aluminum oxide-based nanowhiskers (AO nanowhiskers) have been used in manufacturing processes as catalyst supports, flame retardants, adsorbents, or in ceramic, metal and plastic composite materials...
- Effects of aluminum oxide nanoparticles on the growth, development, and microRNA expression of tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum)Caitlin E Burklew
Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e34783. 2012....
- Acute expanded perlite exposure with persistent reactive airway dysfunction syndromeChung Li Du
Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Ind Health 48:119-22. 2010..Review of literature and evidence, though exposure of expanded perlite below permission level may be generally safe, precautionary protection of short term heavy exposure is warranted...
- Ceramic total hip arthroplasty in the United States: safety and risk issues revisitedToshiyuki Tateiwa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 37:E26-31. 2008..Beginning in 1997, the number of ceramic-metal cup-locking cases entered into a US Food and Drug Administration ceramics database was more than 2400, with no fractures reported by the FDA in July 2003...
- Nanoproteomics enabling personalized nanomedicineClaudio Nicolini
Nanobiotechnology and Biophysics Laboratories, Department Experimental Medicine, University of Genoa, Italy
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 64:1522-31. 2012..Implications for personalized medicine of the above label free protein array using different test genes proteins are reported...
- Utility of green fluorescent nucleic acid dyes and aluminum oxide membrane filters for rapid epifluorescence enumeration of soil and sediment bacteriaM G Weinbauer
GBF National Research Center of Biotechnology, AG Microbial Ecology, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 64:5000-3. 1998..problems of the determination of total cell counts can be circumvented by using green fluorescent high-affinity nucleic acid dyes and aluminum oxide membrane filters. Due to the bright staining of cells, we recommend SYBR Green II as dye.
- Evolution and use of aluminum oxide single-tooth implant abutments: a short review and presentation of two casesGuido Heydecke
University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Int J Prosthodont 15:488-93. 2002This article reviews the development of esthetic implant abutments and illustrates the use of aluminum oxide implant abutments in two cases.
- Microtensile bond strength of a resin cement to glass infiltrated zirconia-reinforced ceramic: the effect of surface conditioningRegina Amaral
Sao Paulo State University, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Dent Mater 22:283-90. 2006..This study evaluated the effect of three surface conditioning methods on the microtensile bond strength of resin cement to a glass-infiltrated zirconia-reinforced alumina-based core ceramic...
- Membrane-based electrochemical nanobiosensor for the detection of virusBinh T T Nguyen
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, 3 Science Drive 3, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
Anal Chem 81:7226-34. 2009....
- Assessing the fate and effects of nano aluminum oxide in the terrestrial earthworm, Eisenia fetidaJessica G Coleman
U S Army Engineer Research and Development Center, Environmental Laboratory, 3909 Halls Ferry Road Vicksburg, Mississippi 39180, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:1575-80. 2010..the potential for wide dispersal in soil systems, we chose to investigate the fate and effects of nano-sized aluminum oxide (Al2O3), the oxidized form of nano aluminum, in a terrestrial organism...
- High incidence of squeaking in THAs with alumina ceramic-on-ceramic bearingsJ C Keurentjes
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Slingeland Hospital, Doetinchem, The Netherlands
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:1438-43. 2008..A short neck length of the femoral implant was a risk factor for squeaking in ceramic-on-ceramic THA...
- Pulmonary toxicity and fate of agglomerated 10 and 40 nm aluminum oxyhydroxides following 4-week inhalation exposure of rats: toxic effects are determined by agglomerated, not primary particle sizeJürgen Pauluhn
Institute of Toxicology, Bayer Schering Pharmaceuticals, 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Toxicol Sci 109:152-67. 2009..In order to reliably demonstrate retention-related different characteristics in toxicity and fate of poorly soluble (nano)particles postexposure periods of at least 3 months appear to be indispensible...
- Surface conditioning influences zirconia ceramic bondingM Kern
Department of Prosthodontics, Propaedeutics and Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, Christian Albrechts University at Kiel, Arnold Heller Str 16, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Dent Res 88:817-22. 2009..With low-pressure air-abrasion, surface roughness was reduced without affecting long-term bond strength, provided that adequate adhesive primers were applied...
- Adsorption and transformation of tetracycline antibiotics with aluminum oxideWan Ru Chen
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Chemosphere 79:779-85. 2010..TCs) including tetracycline (TTC), chlorotetracycline (CTC) and oxytetracycline (OTC) adsorb strongly to aluminum oxide (Al(2)O(3)), and the surface interaction promotes structural transformation of TCs...
- Resin-ceramic bonding: a review of the literatureMarkus B Blatz
School of Dentistry, Department of Prosthodontics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans 70119, USA
J Prosthet Dent 89:268-74. 2003..Further in vitro studies, as well as controlled clinical trials, are needed...
- The use of cementless expansion acetabular component and an alumina-polyethylene bearing in total hip arthroplasty for osteonecrosisY G Kim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Sam Duck 2 Ga, 50, Jung Gu 700 721, Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:776-80. 2005..8% (95% confidence interval 0.956 to 1.000) at ten years. Our study has shown that the results of THA with a cementless expansion acetabular component and an alumina-polyethylene bearing surface are good...
- Alumina pairing in total hip replacementR Nizard
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hopital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 2 rue A Pare, 75010 Paris, France
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:755-8. 2005
- Use of ceramics in total hip replacementJason E Lang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Surg Orthop Adv 17:51-7. 2008..This article reviews the science behind the use of ceramics in THA, the clinical results of ceramics in THA, including complications unique to this bearing surface, and future directions for the application of ceramics in THA...
- Self-ordered anodic aluminum oxide formed by H2SO4 hard anodizationKathrin Schwirn
Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Weinberg 2, D 06120 Halle, Germany
ACS Nano 2:302-10. 2008The self-ordering of nanoporous anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) in the course of the hard anodization (HA) of aluminum in sulfuric acid (H2SO4) solutions at anodization voltages ranging from 27 to 80 V was investigated...
- Influence of surface treatments and resin cement selection on bonding to densely-sintered zirconium-oxide ceramicRaquel Castillo de Oyagüe
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University Complutense of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Dent Mater 25:172-9. 2009..To evaluate the effect of surface conditioning on the microtensile bond strength of zirconium-oxide ceramic to dual-cured resin cements...
- Influence of airborne-particle abrasion on mechanical properties and bond strength of carbon/epoxy and glass/bis-GMA fiber-reinforced resin postsCarlos Jose Soares
Biomechanical Group, Dentistry and Dental Materials School of Dentistry, Federal University of Uberlandia, Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 99:444-54. 2008..Controversy exists concerning the use of fiber-reinforced posts to improve bond strength to resin cement because some precementation treatments can compromise the mechanical properties of the posts...
- Metal-on-metal bearings and hypersensitivity in patients with artificial hip joints. A clinical and histomorphological studyHans Georg Willert
Klinikum der Universität Göttingen, Abteilung Orthopädie, Robert Koch Strasse 40, D 37099 Göttingen, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:28-36. 2005..Therefore, in order to determine the relevance of these symptoms, we performed a study of the clinical data and periprosthetic tissues associated with endoprostheses with a metal-on metal articulation that had been retrieved at revision...
- Surface treatments on quartz fiber post: influence on adhesion and flexural propertiesNicolas Cheleux
Faculty of Odontology, Paul Sabatier University, 3 chemin des Maraichers, 31062 Toulouse, France
Am J Dent 20:375-9. 2007..To evaluate (1) the effect of various surface treatments to optimize post adhesion, and (2) if these surface treatments had any adverse effect on the overall mechanical and chemical properties of the posts...
- Effects of asian sand dust, Arizona sand dust, amorphous silica and aluminum oxide on allergic inflammation in the murine lungTakamich Ichinose
Department of Health Sciences, Oita University of Nursing and Health Sciences, Oita, Japan
Inhal Toxicol 20:685-94. 2008..The enhancement by Arizona SD may be mediated, at least partially, by the increased expression of IL-5 and MCP-3 and also by the modulated expression of IL-5 and MCP-3...
- "Direct" detection and separation of DNA using nanoporous alumina filtersIvan Vlassiouk
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003, USA
Langmuir 20:9913-5. 2004..Close to the quantitative efficiency of binding the target ss-DNA from solution using a single pass through the modified filter is observed...
- Is wear debris responsible for failure in alumina-on-alumina implants?Lucia Savarino
Laboratory for Pathophysiology of Orthopaedic Implant, Bologna, Italy
Acta Orthop 80:162-7. 2009....
- Preparation and application of granular ZnO/Al2O3 catalyst for the removal of hazardous trichloroethyleneJyh Cherng Chen
Department of Environmental Engineering, Hung Kuang University, No 34, Chung Chie Road, Shalu, Taichung County, Taiwan 43302, ROC
J Hazard Mater 142:88-96. 2007..These results are also demonstrated by the results of scanning electron micrography (SEM) and energy disperse spectrography (EDS)...
- Mismatched wear couple zirconium oxide and aluminum oxide in total hip arthroplastyM Morlock
Biomechanics Section, Technical University Hamburg Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
J Arthroplasty 16:1071-4. 2001..The combination of implants used in this retrieved wear couple was never approved. To prevent such problems, components of different manufacturers should never be mixed and matched unless explicitly stated...
- Real-time monitoring of invertase activity immobilized in nanoporous aluminum oxideA Dhathathreyan
Chemical Laboratory, CLRI CSIR, Adyar, Chennai, India
J Phys Chem B 115:6678-82. 2011..we demonstrate the activity of enzyme invertase immobilized in the pores of nanoporous anodized 3 μm thick aluminum oxide (AA)...
- Effects of silica coating and silane surface conditioning on the bond strength of rebonded metal and ceramic bracketsSaadet Atsü
Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Kirikkale University, Kirikkale, Turkey
J Appl Oral Sci 19:233-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of tribochemical silica coating and silane surface conditioning on the bond strength of rebonded metal and ceramic brackets...
- Surface roughness and EDS characterization of a Y-TZP dental ceramic treated with the CoJet™ SandMaria Cattani Lorente
University of Geneva, Switzerland
Dent Mater 26:1035-42. 2010....
- Revision total hip arthroplasty performed after fracture of a ceramic femoral head. A multicenter survivorship studyJérome Allain
Service de Chirurgie Orthopedique, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:825-30. 2003..The aim of this study was to examine the results of revision total hip replacement performed specifically to treat a fracture of a ceramic femoral head and to identify technical factors that affected the outcomes...
- Cytotoxicity of Al2O3 nanoparticles at low exposure levels to a freshwater bacterial isolateSunandan Pakrashi
Centre for Nano Biotechnology, School of Bio Sciences and Technology, VIT University, Vellore 632014, India
Chem Res Toxicol 24:1899-904. 2011..However, detailed studies need to be carried out to establish probable mechanistic aspects of this low concentration toxicity phenomenon...
- Alumina-on-alumina hip implants: A wear study of retrieved componentsS Affatato
Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via di Barbiano, 1 10, Bologna 40136, Italy
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:37-42. 2012....
- Rapid susceptibility testing and microcolony analysis of Candida spp. cultured and imaged on porous aluminum oxideColin J Ingham
Jeroen Bosch Hospital, s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e33818. 2012..For pathogenic yeasts, conventional phenotypic testing needs at least 24 h. Culture on a porous aluminum oxide (PAO) support combined with microscopy offers a route to more rapid results.
- Hydrothermally shrunk alumina nanopores and their application to DNA sensingPavel Takmakov
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003, USA
Analyst 131:1248-53. 2006..Hybridization of target DNA with a complementary ssDNA covalently immobilized inside the nanopores causes an increase in impedance by more than 50% while a noncomplementary ssDNA has no measurable effect...
- Alumina ceramic-on-ceramic total hip replacement with a layered acetabular componentM Hasegawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mie University Graduate, School of Medicine, 2 174, Edobashi, Tsu City, Mie 514 8507, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:877-82. 2006..The survivorship analysis at six years after surgery was 83%. The layered acetabular component in our experience, has poor durability because of unexpected mechanical failures including alumina liner fracture and component dissociation...
- Comparison of friction and lubrication of different hip prosthesesS C Scholes
Centre for Biomedical Engineering, University of Durham, UK
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 214:49-57. 2000..This suggests that, when measuring friction and wear of artificial joints, a standard lubricant should be used...
- Self-supporting nanoporous alumina membranes as substrates for hepatic cell culturesAndreas Hoess
Department of Engineering Sciences, Applied Materials Science, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Biomed Mater Res A 100:2230-8. 2012..Hence, nanoporous alumina membranes can be useful culture substrates to develop new approaches in the field of liver tissue engineering...
- Evaluation of genotoxic effects of oral exposure to aluminum oxide nanomaterials in rat bone marrowA Balasubramanyam
Toxicology Unit, Biology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad 500 607, Andhra Pradesh, India
Mutat Res 676:41-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the in vivo genotoxicity of rats exposed with Aluminum oxide nanomaterials...
- Frequency-doubled DBR-tapered diode laser for direct pumping of Ti:sapphire lasers generating sub-20 fs pulsesAndre Muller
Department of Photonics Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Frederiksborgvej 399, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Opt Express 19:12156-63. 2011..The optical spectrum emitted by the Ti:sapphire laser when pumped with our diode laser shows a spectral width of 112 nm (FWHM). Based on autocorrelation measurements, pulse widths of less than 20 fs can therefore be expected...
- Resin bond strength to densely sintered alumina ceramicRahel Friederich
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Periodontology and Pedodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 15:333-8. 2002The aim of this in vitro study was to investigate the resin bond strength and durability of adhesive bonding systems to densely sintered, pure aluminum oxide ceramic.
- In vitro evaluation of long-term bonding of Procera AllCeram alumina restorations with a modified resin luting agentMarkus B Blatz
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
J Prosthet Dent 89:381-7. 2003Bonded densely sintered aluminum oxide ceramic restorations such as Procera AllCeram laminates rely on a strong and long-term durable resin bond...
- Effect of etching and airborne particle abrasion on the microstructure of different dental ceramicsGilberto Antonio Borges
Department of Dental Materials, University of Uberaba, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 89:479-88. 2003..Both hydrofluoric acid etching and airborne aluminum oxide particle abrasion produce irregular surfaces necessary for micromechanical bonding...
- The effect of silica coating on the resin bond to the intaglio surface of Procera AllCeram restorationsMarkus B Blatz
Department of Prosthodontics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Dentistry, New Orleans, Louisiana 70119, USA
Quintessence Int 34:542-7. 2003....
- TEM-based metrology for HfO2 layers and nanotubes formed in anodic aluminum oxide nanopore structuresIsrael Perez
Department of Materials Science and Engineering and Institute for Systems Research, University of Maryland, 2145 A V Williams Building, College Park, MD 20742 3285, USA
Small 4:1223-32. 2008Nanotubes are fabricated by atomic layer deposition (ALD) into nanopore arrays created by anodic aluminum oxide (AAO)...
- Influence of aluminum oxide sandblasting associated with Nd:YAG or Er:YAG lasers on shear bond strength of a feldspathic ceramic to resin cementsStella da Silva Ferreira
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 28:471-5. 2010..This in vitro study evaluated the influence of the surface pretreatment of a feldspathic ceramic on the shear bond strength of two different resin cements...
- Label-free DNA sensor based on surface charge modulated ionic conductanceXian Wang
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003, USA
ACS Nano 3:1004-10. 2009..The effect can be employed in fabrication of inexpensive DNA sensors...
- A nanochannel array-based electrochemical device for quantitative label-free DNA analysisSu Juan Li
Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
ACS Nano 4:6417-24. 2010..Under optimal conditions, the present nanochannel array-based DNA biosensor gives a detection limit of 0.1 nM...
- Aluminum oxide nanoparticles as carriers and adjuvants for eliciting antibodies from non-immunogenic haptensAngel Maquieira
Centro de Reconocimiento Molecular y Desarrollo Tecnológico, Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Camino de Vera s n, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Anal Chem 84:9340-8. 2012..In this paper, we show that aluminum oxide nanoparticles that are covalently coupled to haptens (small molecular mass compounds) activate the immune ..
- Glycan array on aluminum oxide-coated glass slides through phosphonate chemistryShih Huang Chang
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road, Section 2, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Am Chem Soc 132:13371-80. 2010A new type of glycan array covalently or noncovalently attached to aluminum oxide-coated glass (ACG) slides has been developed for studies of enzymatic reactions and protein binding...
- Commercially manufactured engineered nanomaterials for environmental and health studies: important insights provided by independent characterizationHeaweon Park
Department of Chemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:715-21. 2010..Thus, the current study demonstrates an important need for independent characterization data in EHS studies of purchased materials...
- Nanostructure-dependent water-droplet adhesiveness change in superhydrophobic anodic aluminum oxide surfaces: from highly adhesive to self-cleanableWonbae Lee
Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Health Science, Korea University San 1, Jeongneung 3 dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 703, Korea
Langmuir 26:1412-5. 2010Water-droplet adhesiveness was freely controlled on a single platform of superhydrophobic anodized aluminum oxide (AAO) within the range from highly adhesive to self-cleanable...
- Functional tethered bilayer lipid membranes on aluminum oxideRobert F Roskamp
Materials Science Department, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Ackermannweg 10, 55118 Mainz, Germany
Chemphyschem 9:1920-4. 2008..Preparation of ultrasmooth aluminum oxide by sputtering and synthesis of new tethering lipids with phosphonic acid anchor groups enable formation of an ..
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy characterization of nanoporous alumina dengue virus biosensorBinh Thi Thanh Nguyen
Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 637371, Singapore
Bioelectrochemistry 88:15-21. 2012....
- Electrochemical nanoporous alumina membrane-based label-free DNA biosensor for the detection of Legionella spVarun Rai
Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, 21 Nanyang Link, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 637371, Singapore
Talanta 98:112-7. 2012..Its applicability is also challenged against real time Legionella pneumophila genomic DNA sample derived from the asymmetric PCR method...
- Micro-tensile bond strength between a resin cement and an aluminous ceramic treated with Nd:YAG laser, Rocatec System, or aluminum oxide sandblastingBruno Lopes da Silveira
Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul, PUCRS, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 23:543-8. 2005....
- Nanoporous aluminum oxide as a novel support material for enzyme biosensorsA Heilmann
Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials, D 06120 Halle, Saale, Germany
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 3:375-9. 2003..The achieved operational stability showed that alumina membranes can be used to construct enzyme-modified electrodes...
- Microleakage in full-crown all-ceramic restorations: influence of internal surface treatment, silane application, alumina system, and substrateAngela Brys Osório
Operative Dentistry Department, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Int J Prosthodont 20:123-4. 2007..Four internal ceramic treatments were tested: (1) aluminum oxide blasting (AO), (2) AO plus silane, (3) hydrofluoric acid etching (HF), and (4) HF plus silane...
- Surface reaction mechanisms during ozone and oxygen plasma assisted atomic layer deposition of aluminum oxideVikrant R Rai
Department of Chemical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
Langmuir 26:13732-5. 2010..the reaction mechanism and the role of the reactive intermediates in the atomic layer deposition (ALD) of aluminum oxide from trimethyl aluminum in conjunction with O(3) and an O(2) plasma...
- The influence of surface topography of ceramic abutments on the attachment and proliferation of human oral fibroblastsKamal Mustafa
Department of Odontology, Dental Biomaterials, Karolinska Institutet, Alfred Nobels Alle 8, 141 04 Stockholm, Huddinge, Sweden
Biomaterials 26:373-81. 2005..05). After 3 days of cell culture, significantly more cells were attached to the milled and sintered surfaces than to the polished one, possibly indicating higher proliferation capacity on those types of surfaces...
- Retroacetabular stress-shielding in THARocco P Pitto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Middlemore Hospital, South Auckland Clinical School, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:353-8. 2008..In contrast, we observed only moderate cortical bone density changes. The decrease of periacetabular cancellous bone density with retention of cortical bone density after THA suggests stress transfer to the cortical bone...
- Fabrication of orderly nanostructured PLGA scaffolds using anodic aluminum oxide templatesGou Jen Wang
Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan
Biomed Microdevices 11:843-50. 2009..In this research, two simple fabrication methods to fabricate orderly nanostructured PLGA scaffolds using anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) template were conducted...
- Alternative materials to improve total hip replacement tribologySeppo Santavirta
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Orthop Scand 74:380-8. 2003..Currently, 3 approaches are available to achieve this aim: first, use of highly cross-linked UHMWPE; second, aluminum oxide ceramic bearings, and third, metal-on-metal bearings...
- Fabrication of ordered anodic aluminum oxide using a solvent-induced array of block-copolymer micellesBokyung Kim
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Small 3:1869-72. 2007
- Fabrication of silver decorated anodic aluminum oxide substrate and its optical properties on surface-enhanced Raman scattering and thin film interferenceNan Ji
State Key Laboratory of Supramolecular Structure and Materials, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, People s Republic of China
Langmuir 25:11869-73. 2009..Highly ordered porous anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) templates were employed to construct these compound nanostructures...
- Improved biomolecule microarrays by printing on nanoporous aluminum oxide using a continuous-flow microspotterJungkyu Kim
Department of Bioengineering University of Utah Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Small 6:1415-21. 2010..6 ng mL(-1). This technique produces highly concentrated biomolecular spots from dilute samples and significantly increases the sensitivity of sensing platforms...
- Effect of water aging on microtensile bond strength of dual-cured resin cements to pre-treated sintered zirconium-oxide ceramicsRaquel Castillo Oyagüe
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University Complutense of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Dent Mater 25:392-9. 2009..To evaluate the hydrolytic stability of different dual-cure resin cements when luted to zirconia ceramic...
- Capture and alignment of phi29 viral particles in sub-40 nanometer porous alumina membranesJeong Mi Moon
Birck Nanotechnology Center, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Biomed Microdevices 11:135-42. 2009..the phi29 viruses and nanomotors with artificial micro and nanostructures, we fabricated nanoporous Anodic Aluminum Oxide (AAO) membranes with pore size of 70 nm and shrunk the pores to sub 40 nm diameter using atomic layer ..
- Alumina-on-alumina total hip arthroplasty: a minimum 18.5-year follow-up studyMoussa Hamadouche
Laboratoire de Recherches Orthopediques, Faculté de Médecine Lariboisière St Louis, Université D Diderot Paris VII, France
J Bone Joint Surg Am 84:69-77. 2002..The purpose of this retrospective study was to report the results, after a minimum of 18.5 years of follow-up, in a consecutive series of total hip arthroplasties performed with an alumina-on-alumina combination...
- Fabrication and characterization of silica/titania nanotubes composite membrane with photocatalytic capabilityHaimin Zhang
School of Environmental and Biological Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, China
Environ Sci Technol 40:6104-9. 2006..The silica/titania nanotubes composite membrane had the multifunctions of separation, degradation, and improvement of membrane flux in photooxidation of organic contaminants in wastewater...
- Biocompatibility of nanoporous alumina membranes for immunoisolationKristen E La Flamme
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biomaterials 28:2638-45. 2007..Further, in vivo work has demonstrated that implantation of these capsules into the peritoneal cavity of rats induces a transient inflammatory response, and that PEG is useful in minimizing the host response to the material...
- Piezoelectric urea biosensor based on immobilization of urease onto nanoporous alumina membranesZhengpeng Yang
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Central South University, Changsha 410083, China
Biosens Bioelectron 22:3283-7. 2007..2 microM) and good long-term storage stability (with about 76% of the enzymatic activity retained after 30 days). The clinical analysis of the urea biosensor confirmed the feasibility of urea detection in urine samples...
- Optically stimulated luminescence (OSL) of carbon-doped aluminum oxide (Al2O3:C) for film dosimetry in radiotherapyV Schembri
Department of Radiation Oncology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Med Phys 34:2113-8. 2007..Here we have investigated basic characteristics of optically stimulated luminescence (OSL) of irradiated films containing carbon-doped aluminum oxide (Al2O3:C) for dosimetry in therapeutic photon and electron beams.
- Nanoporous hard carbon membranes for medical applicationsRoger J Narayan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:1486-93. 2007..In this study, the use of diamondlike carbon-coated anodized aluminum oxide as a potential biosensor membrane is discussed...
- Nanoporous aluminum oxide membranes for filtration and biofunctionalizationAnnika Thormann
Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials, Heideallee 19, 06120 Halle, Germany
Small 3:1032-40. 2007Nanoporous aluminum oxide membranes with high open porosity are prepared by anodic oxidation...
- Glia activation induced by peripheral administration of aluminum oxide nanoparticles in rat brainsXiao Bo Li
MOE Key Lab, Institute of Environmental Medicine, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Nanomedicine 5:473-9. 2009..and astrocytes, which are sensitive to changes of brain environment after peripheral exposure to nanoscaled aluminum oxide suspension...
- Examination of alumina ceramic components from total hip arthroplastiesA B Nevelos
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 207:155-62. 1993..It is thought that this wear debris may play an important role in the promotion of the 'avalanche' wear mechanism, as it is adherent and thus difficult to remove from the wear interface...
- Zirconia and alumina ceramics in comparison with stainless-steel heads. Polyethylene wear after a minimum ten-year follow-upP Hernigou
University Paris XII, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
J Bone Joint Surg Br 85:504-9. 2003....
- Alumina-alumina artificial hip joints. Part I: a histological analysis and characterisation of wear debris by laser capture microdissection of tissues retrieved at revisionA Hatton
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, UK
Biomaterials 23:3429-40. 2002..while under conditions of microseparation of the head and cup and rim contact, intergranular and intragranular fracture and larger wear particles are generated...
- Evaluation of nano-porous alumina membranes for hemodialysis applicationAnil Chandra Attaluri
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Widener University, Chester, Pennsylvania 19013, USA
ASAIO J 55:217-23. 2009..Alumina membrane has higher solute clearances and no albumin leakage, which makes it an effective replacement for current dialysis membranes...
- Wear and acetabular component orientation in third generation alumina-on-alumina ceramic bearings: an analysis of 33 retrievals [corrected]P J Lusty
Australian Institute of Musculo Skeletal Research, Unit 2 12, Fredrick Street, St Leonards, New South Wales, Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:1158-64. 2007..001). Even under edge loading, wear volumes with ceramic-on-ceramic bearings are small in comparison to other bearing materials. Low acetabular anteversion is associated with greater wear...
- Manufactured aluminum oxide nanoparticles decrease expression of tight junction proteins in brain vasculatureLei Chen
Molecular Neuroscience and Vascular Biology Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, 593 Wethington Bldg, 900 S Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 3:286-95. 2008Manufactured nanoparticles of aluminum oxide (nano-alumina) have been widely used in the environment; however, their potential toxicity provides a growing concern for human health...
- Morphologic characteristics of periprosthetic tissues from hip prostheses with ceramic-ceramic couples: a comparative histologic investigation of 18 revision and 30 autopsy casesI Bos
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatsklinikum Lubeck, Germany
Acta Orthop Scand 72:335-42. 2001..Metal-polyethylene couplings produced more than twice as many polyethylene wear particles with correspondingly more marked foreign body reaction than the ceramic-polyethylene couplings...
- Nanoporous aluminum oxide affects neutrophil behaviourM Karlsson
Department of Surface Biotechnology, BMC, Husarg 3, D7 3, Box 577, 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Microsc Res Tech 63:259-65. 2004This study evaluates neutrophil responses on aluminum oxide membranes...
- Oxide Glass Fiber Optimized for Short Pulse IR LasersDanh Tran; Fiscal Year: 2006..6) Ablation of hard cataracts and precise incision of other, soft ophthalmic tissues for potential clinical applications using fiber delivery of short-pulse Er:YAG energy. ..
- Zeiss 2-photon (2P) LSM780 laser scanning confocal microscopeMoshe Levi; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Leica TCS SP5 MP confocal and two-photon microscopeMartin D Brand; Fiscal Year: 2012..The relevance of this new instrumentation to public health is significant in that the benefits to society will ultimately include both increased quality of later life, and significant decreases in healthcare costs. ..
- Optical probes for controlling cellular functionGRAHAM ELLIS-DAVIES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our proposal is designed to fill part of this need. ..
- MULTIPHOTON CONFOCAL MICROSCOPELiza A Pon; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a compo- nent of our Confocal and Specialized Microscopy Facility, the instrument will be accessible to Major Users and others throughout the University, promoting collaboration and exchange of ideas. ..
- Intravital Multiphoton MicroscopeFlorea Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2010..A partial list of human disease studies at the OMRF that will benefit from this technology include cardiovascular and thrombotic disorders, inflammation and autoimmunity, cancer, neurodegenerative diseases and bacterial infections. ..
- Laser-Enhanced NMR Instrumentation for Chemical and Biochemical ResearchSilvia Cavagnero; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, the automated sample-changing capabilities will enable high-throughput screening within the PBCIC, with significant advancements for health-related research. ..
- A Microfluidic Device for Label-free HIV Virion Count at Point of Care SettingsXuanhong Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..our goal of measuring circulating virions directly from plasma, we will rely on functional nanoporous anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) membranes packaged in a microfluidic format to filter, concentrate, capture and detect whole HIV virions ..
- Acquisition of a Zeiss LSM 7 MP multiphoton microscopeRodney L Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2012..This insight will inform development of therapeutic approaches for diseases that strike these tissues. ..
- Multiphoton microscope upgradeDavid W Piston; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging Microscopy (FLIM)Joseph R Lakowicz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Indeed, providing access to state-of-the-art instrumentation is a key aspect of the training mission at UMB. The new ITC will enhance the training of students supported by a number of NIH training grants. ..
- Multi-wavelength femtosecond laser sources for intravital multiphoton microscopyCHRIS XU; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the technology will be broadly applicable and will significantly increase the accessibility of femtosecond sources to other biomedical researchers. ..
- Pilot-scale Research of Novel Amendment Delivery for in-situ Sediment RemediationUpal Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2009..This field research will evaluate the effectiveness of a novel approach to alter the binding capacity of sediments to reduce human exposure to such contaminants. ..
- Polymer-Based Modular Systems with Nanosensors for DNA/RNA SequencingSteven Allan Soper; Fiscal Year: 2012..The sensing platform is produced from nanowires built using templating methods from anodized aluminum oxide materials and then, electrochemically thinned to the desired diameter (~10 nm)...
- Aluminum Oxide Nanoparticles Conjugated to Antigens Potently Induce Tumor SpecifiTRACI LEIGH HILTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..When aluminum oxide (Al2O3) nanoparticles were compared head to head to alum (Rehydragel(R)), an FDA-approved vaccine adjuvant, ..
- Carotid Revascularization Endarterectomy vs. Stenting Trial: Long Term Follow-upAlice J Sheffet; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is anticipated that CREST long-term results will have practice-changing implications regarding the standard of care for managing symptomatic and asymptomatic carotid arterial stenosis. ..
- SAPNA Oral Health ProjectAlison Karasz; Fiscal Year: 2012..If the project is successful, investigators will apply for funds to conduct a formal test of SAPNA. ..
- Development of an Algae-based Membrane Protein Expression SystemALEXANDER ARAVANIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Application of the technology will have impact on disease areas such as diabetes, congestive heart failure, cancer, asthma, allergies, high blood pressure and others. ..
- Rare Variants for Hypertension in Taiwan ChineseDabeeru C Rao; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study can potentially explain a large proportion of the missing heritability, which could then lead to important translational research o considerable public health significance. Therefore, the potential impact is very high. ..
- Leica SPX5 2-photon laser-scanning confocal microscope systemJames Douglas Engel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ongoing maintenance will be covered through a standard recharge system used in the MIL. Long-term continuity is supported by a designated reserve fund for the MIL. ..
- Pulse-shaping for Multiphoton FRET Microscopy in VivoJennifer P Ogilvie; Fiscal Year: 2012..In optimizing the pulse-shaping methodology for multiphoton FRET we will also gain insight into photobleaching and photodamage reduction mechanisms that will be widely applicable to other multiphoton imaging techniques. ..
- IN VITRO INVESTIGATION OF SLIDING MECHANICSRobert Kusy; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Subcellular imaging of biochemical processes within human retinaGRAZYNA MARTA PALCZEWSKA; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- High Field DNP in Biological SystemsROBERT GUY GRIFFIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..2 High Frequency EPR : 9 and 140 GHz EPR spectra will be used to characterize the paramagnetic centers used for DNP and understand the DNP mechanisms. ..
- LASER HEMOSTASIS WITH SILICON NAPHTHALOCYANINESROBERT SCHLIER; Fiscal Year: 1991..Experimental choroidal neovascularization in monkeys will be treated in Phase II...
- ELECTROSTATICS AND DYNAMICS IN MYOGLOBIN MUTANTSSTEVEN BOXER; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will permit a direct comparison of experimental data with predictions from molecular dynamics simulations. ..
- PULSED SOLID-STATE LASER SOURCE FOR PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPYPETER MOULTON; Fiscal Year: 1992..The long term goal would be to develop a clinically qualified solid-state laser for PDT...
- Two Photon MicroscopeMarshall Montrose; Fiscal Year: 2005..The application is supported by substantial interest, need, and financial support at the University, and will serve a strongly NIH-funded scientific community. ..
- Upgrade of Femtosecond Laser Sources for Optical WorkstationKEVIN ELICEIRI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The requested laser sources will benefit several health related imaging projects ranging from studying cell division to understanding the role of signaling in breast cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of a Debridement Device Using Ice ParticlesLUIZ DA SILVA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Microdermabrasion (MDA) devices, which use fast moving, small, aluminum oxide particles, have proven effective in abrading tissue in a controlled manner...
- In vivo multiphoton microscope for UT Southwestern Live Cell Imaging FacilityKATHERINE J LUBY PHELPS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The health-related research projects that will be enabled by the addition of this technology include studies of brain function, immune responses, wound healing, heart disease, and premature birth. ..
- Multi-Function Laser Scanning MicroscopeDavid Piston; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recent advances in microscopy, such as the two-photon excitation microscope requested here, allow us to watch these arrangements and movements in living cells with minimal effects on cell viability. ..
- ULTRAFAST MULTIPHOTON LASER ACTIVATION SYSTEMWATT WEBB; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- NO DYNAMICS IN HEMEPROTEINS--TRANSIENT INFRARED STUDIESMarco Pereira; Fiscal Year: 1999..They will create a femtosecond time- resolution apparatus with FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer) sensitivity. ..
- Inverted SQUID microscope for neuroscience researchDOUGLAS PAULSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Image Reconstruction Algorithms for Optical TomographyJOHN SCHOTLAND; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will utilize the parallel plate imaging geometry which is often employed in optical mammography. The results of this research are expected to impact the design of clinically useful instruments for noncontact optical tomography. ..
- Enabling the Use of Er:YAG Lasers for LithotripsyOri Weisberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..Phase I will focus on the development of a prototype fiber. Phase II will focus on system integration. The final goal of this Project is to bring an Er:YAG laser system for lithotripsy to market. ..
- Multimodal multiphoton imaging of nervous system ex vivo and in vivoJi Xin Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..The new knowledge will help us to identify the key steps to be inhibited for alleviating myelin degradation in spinal cord injury and demyelinating diseases. ..
- Inverted SQUID microscope for neuroscience researchDOUGLAS PAULSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Once these key features are evaluated, we will construct a multichannel system in phase II. ..
- Multiphoton Monoamine Imaging of Serotonin Neuron FunctionEDWIN LEVITAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..g. depression, anxiety) and dopaminergic reward systems involved in addiction. This CEBRA application will further develop a new optical method called Multiphoton Monoamine Imaging for studying transmitter release by serotonin neurons. ..
- MULTIPHOTON CONFOCAL MICROSCOPEJohn Lemasters; Fiscal Year: 2000..Multiphoton microscopy will substantially extend our successful and highly productive efforts applying digitized optical microscopy to problems of biology and medicine. ..
- MINI ER:YAG LASER INTRAOCULAR SURGICAL PROBEJin Shen; Fiscal Year: 2000..e. currently there is no reliable delivery system available. It will make intraocular cutting clinically more practicable with the Er:YAG laser. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- COCARCINOGENIC PARTICULATES IN COCULTURE SYSTEMCHANGHWA CHEU; Fiscal Year: 1993..alteration of BaP metabolism, the binding of DNA and the types of DNA-adduct in BaP-coated ferric oxide and aluminum oxide in this coculture system...
- NONLINEAR OPTICAL MICROSCOPE FOR CELL BIOL RESEARCHLeslie Loew; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Two-Photon Microscopy for Biomedical ResearchBENJAMIN REESE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Acquisition of this 2-photon microscope will therefore enhance the diverse efforts of a number of investigators at UCSB in pursuit of their NIH-funded research objectives. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ti:Sapphire Laser Upgrade to Zeiss LSM 510/Confocor 3 FCS SystemJ Michael McCaffery; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ZEISS LSM 510 NLO CONFOCAL/MULTIPHOTON SYSTEM WITH TIL Chandler; Fiscal Year: 2002..A detailed organizational plan, substantial institutional support, and a long-term maintenance plan will ensure sustained viability and maximal use of the instrument. ..
- MULTIPHOTON LASER SCANNING MICROSCOPEBEN STROWBRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2003..elegans. Dr. David Friel will use NLO imaging to study subcellular calcium handling in Purkinje neurons in cerebellar brain slices from normal and mutant mice. ..
- SOLID-STATE LASER SOURCE FOR CORNEAL ABLATIONPETER MOULTON; Fiscal Year: 1991..If a wavelength within this range does prove to be useful for corneal ablation, the long term goal of this program would be to develop a clinically qualified solid-state laser for refractive surgery...
- Central synapse function studies with 2-photon uncagingGraham Ellis Davies; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Integrated Electronics For Neurotransmitter Sensor ArrayNitish Thakor; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Migratory Properties of CD8 T CellsUlrich von Andrian; Fiscal Year: 2005..Funds are requested to procure a MaiTai broadband mode-locked Ti:Sapphire laser (Spectra-Physics) and a multiphoton-optimized Radiance 2100 laser scanning system from Bio-Rad. ..
- Multiphoton Confocal Microscope UpgradesJAMES BEAR; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our microscope systems are used for a variety of projects by investigators from several laboratories. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TUNABLE-WAVELENGTH SCANNING LASER OPTHALMOSCOPEPETER MOULTON; Fiscal Year: 1991..If clinically significant results were obtained, the development of a commercial laser source would proceed in a Phase II program, and would be the key to a new generation of diagnostic instruments...
- MULTI-PHOTON CONFOCAL MICROSCOPE SYSTEMMaiken Nedergaard; Fiscal Year: 2001..The multi-photon confocal microscope system will become a core facility at New York Medical College, serving the entire medical science community. ..
- Multiphoton ImagingSusette Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2006..Users contribute to the resource in the form of user charge back fees. There is no multiphoton microscope at Georgetown and animal imaging activities are severely curtailed as a result. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Family Blood Pressure Program (SAPPHIRe Network)JESS CURB; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Laser Tweezer Based Instrument for Cell Biology ResearchDOREL GUZUN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MULTI-PHOTON/CONFOCAL MICROSCOPE FOR BRAIN INJURY STUDYMark Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..Availability of multiphoton and confocal microscopy will promote new advances in understanding cell-cell interactions which lead to nervous system injury. ..
- RESONANCE IONIZATION MASS SPECTROMETRY SOLID STATE LASERJAMES HSIA; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Novel Platform for Living Neural NetworksDMITRI ROUTKEVITCH; Fiscal Year: 2004..If realized, they could be used as tools for neural network research, disease studies and diagnostics, drug and toxin screening, and new generation of biochemical sensors. ..
- ULTRASHORT PULSE FIBER LASER FOR MULTIPHOTON MICROSCOPYCLAUDIO EGALON; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..