Genomes and Genes
Summary: A group of 3-hydroxy-4-keto-FLAVONOIDS.
Publications247 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of resveratrol and flavonols on cardiovascular function: Physiological mechanismsSuwan Yap
University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Biofactors 36:350-9. 2010Resveratrol and flavonols are commonly found together in fruits and vegetables and, therefore, consumed in the diet...
- The Arabidopsis transcription factor MYB12 is a flavonol-specific regulator of phenylpropanoid biosynthesisFrank Mehrtens
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, D 50829 Cologne, Germany
Plant Physiol 138:1083-96. 2005..time reverse transcription-PCR using these mutant plants showed MYB12 to be a transcriptional regulator of CHALCONE SYNTHASE and FLAVONOL SYNTHASE in planta, the gene products of which are indispensable for the biosynthesis of flavonols.
- Dietary flavonoids: bioavailability, metabolic effects, and safetyJulie A Ross
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 22:19-34. 2002..The six major subclasses of flavonoids include the flavones (e.g., apigenin, luteolin), flavonols (e.g., quercetin, myricetin), flavanones (e.g., naringenin, hesperidin), catechins or flavanols (e.g...
- Differential regulation of closely related R2R3-MYB transcription factors controls flavonol accumulation in different parts of the Arabidopsis thaliana seedlingRalf Stracke
Department of Biology, Genome Research, Bielefeld University, D 33594 Bielefeld, Germany
Plant J 50:660-77. 2007..the triple mutant myb11 myb12 myb111, which genetically lack a complete subgroup of R2R3-MYB genes, do not form flavonols while the accumulation of anthocyanins is not affected...
- Flavonols accumulate asymmetrically and affect auxin transport in ArabidopsisBenjamin M Kuhn
Institute of Plant Biology, University of Zurich, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Plant Physiol 156:585-95. 2011..rol1-2 (for repressor of lrx1) mutation of Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) induces aberrant accumulation of flavonols and a cell-growth phenotype in the shoot...
- Flavonols and cardiovascular diseaseFrancisco Perez-Vizcaino
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University Complutense of Madrid and Ciber Enfermedades Respiratorias Ciberes, Spain
Mol Aspects Med 31:478-94. 2010b>Flavonols, and specially quercetin, are widely distributed in plants and are present in considerable amounts in fruits and vegetables...
- Simultaneous analysis of anthocyanins and flavonols in petals of lotus (Nelumbo) cultivars by high-performance liquid chromatography-photodiode array detection/electrospray ionization mass spectrometryRui Zhen Yang
Beijing Botanical Garden, Institute of Botany, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, China
J Chromatogr A 1216:106-12. 2009A fast and reliable HPLC method for the simultaneous separation of anthocyanins and flavonols in lotus petals was developed based on the study of four candidate solvent systems...
- Antioxidant flavonols and ischemic heart disease in a Welsh population of men: the Caerphilly StudyM G Hertog
Department of Chronic Diseases and Environmental Epidemiology, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 65:1489-94. 1997Antioxidant flavonols and their major food source, black tea, have been associated with a lower risk of ischemic heart disease (IHD) and stroke in Dutch men...
- Metabolite profiling of grape: Flavonols and anthocyaninsFulvio Mattivi
IASMA Research Centre, Via E Mach 1, 38010 San Michele all Adige, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 54:7692-702. 2006b>Flavonols are products of the flavonoid biosynthetic pathway, which also give rise to anthocyanins and condensed tannins in grapes. We investigated their presence in the berry skins of 91 grape varieties (Vitis vinifera L...
- Flavonoid diversity and biosynthesis in seed of Arabidopsis thalianaJean Marc Routaboul
Laboratoire de Biologie des Semences, UMR 204 INRA INAPG, Institut Jean Pierre Bourgin, 78026 Versailles Cedex, France
Planta 224:96-107. 2006..Wild type seed contained more than 26 different flavonoids belonging to flavonols (mono and diglycosylated quercetin, kaempferol and isorhamnetin derivatives) and flavan-3-ols (epicatechin ..
- Study of the collision-induced radical cleavage of flavonoid glycosides using negative electrospray ionization tandem quadrupole mass spectrometryErlend Hvattum
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Agricultural University of Norway, N 1432 As, Norway
J Mass Spectrom 38:43-9. 2003..No radical aglycone fragments were found from the flavanone-7-O-glycosides and dihydrochalcone glycoside investigated in the study...
- Inhibition of free radical initiated peroxidation of human erythrocyte ghosts by flavonols and their glycosidesLifen Hou
National Laboratory of Applied Organic Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, China
Org Biomol Chem 2:1419-23. 2004..used as a model to study the free radical-induced damage of biological membranes and the protective effect of flavonols and their glycosides, i.e...
- The role of quercetin, flavonols and flavones in modulating inflammatory cell functionSalvatore Chirumbolo
Department of Pathology and Diagnostics, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 8 37135 Verona, Italy
Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets 9:263-85. 2010..a modulating, biphasic and regulatory action on immunity and inflammation; in this context only few flavones and flavonols have been assayed, mainly because of their chemical similarity with quercetin, so evidence reported in the ..
- Intake estimation of total and individual flavan-3-ols, proanthocyanidins and theaflavins, their food sources and determinants in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) studyViktoria Knaze
Unit of Nutrition, Environment and Cancer, Cancer Epidemiology Research Programme, Catalan Institute of Oncology ICO IDIBELL, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Nutr 108:1095-108. 2012..Flavan-3-ol, PA and theaflavin intakes were significantly different among all assessed groups. This study showed heterogeneity in flavan-3-ol, PA and theaflavin intake throughout the EPIC countries...
- Flavonols inhibit proinflammatory mediator release, intracellular calcium ion levels and protein kinase C theta phosphorylation in human mast cellsDuraisamy Kempuraj
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Br J Pharmacol 145:934-44. 2005..Flavonoids are naturally occurring polyphenolic plant compounds, one group of which -- the flavonols, inhibits histamine and some cytokine release from rodent basophils and mast cells...
- Identification of a flavonol 7-O-rhamnosyltransferase gene determining flavonoid pattern in Arabidopsis by transcriptome coexpression analysis and reverse geneticsKeiko Yonekura-Sakakibara
RIKEN Plant Science Center, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:14932-41. 2007..No C-7 rhamnosylated flavonols were detected in either of two T-DNA ugt89c1 mutants...
- Distinctive antioxidant and antiinflammatory effects of flavonolsLisu Wang
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Medical College, Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 54:9798-804. 2006The antioxidant and antiinflammatory effects of flavonols have been suggested to be structure-related...
- Analysis of PRODUCTION OF FLAVONOL GLYCOSIDES-dependent flavonol glycoside accumulation in Arabidopsis thaliana plants reveals MYB11-, MYB12- and MYB111-independent flavonol glycoside accumulationRalf Stracke
Department of Biology, Bielefeld University, Genome Research, D 33594 Bielefeld, Germany
New Phytol 188:985-1000. 2010..We present evidence that a separate flavonol control mechanism might be at play in pollen...
- Comprehensive flavonol profiling and transcriptome coexpression analysis leading to decoding gene-metabolite correlations in ArabidopsisKeiko Yonekura-Sakakibara
RIKEN Plant Science Center, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Plant Cell 20:2160-76. 2008..The structures of 15 newly identified and eight known flavonols were deduced by LC-MS profiling of these mutants...
- Functional genomics by integrated analysis of metabolome and transcriptome of Arabidopsis plants over-expressing an MYB transcription factorTakayuki Tohge
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Plant J 42:218-35. 2005..The functional genomics approach through the integration of metabolomics and transcriptomics presented here provides an innovative means of identifying novel gene functions involved in plant metabolism...
- Flavonols and pancreatic cancer risk: the multiethnic cohort studyUte Nöthlings
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI
Am J Epidemiol 166:924-31. 2007Only a few prospective studies have investigated flavonols as risk factors for cancer, none of which has included pancreatic cancer. The latter is usually fatal, rendering knowledge about prevention particularly important...
- Functional analysis of a predicted flavonol synthase gene family in ArabidopsisDaniel K Owens
Departments of Biological Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0390, USA
Plant Physiol 147:1046-61. 2008..uses multiple isoforms of FLS with different substrate specificities to mediate the production of the flavonols, quercetin and kaempferol, in a tissue-specific and inducible manner...
- Sucrose-specific induction of the anthocyanin biosynthetic pathway in ArabidopsisCinzia Solfanelli
Department of Crop Plant Biology, University of Pisa, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Plant Physiol 140:637-46. 2006..An altered induction of several anthocyanin biosynthetic genes, consistent with in vivo sugar modulation of mRNA accumulation, is observed in the phosphoglucomutase Arabidopsis mutant accumulating high levels of soluble sugars...
- Flavonol profiles of Vitis vinifera red grapes and their single-cultivar winesNoelia Castillo-Muñoz
Area de Tecnologia de Alimentos, Escuela Universitaria de Ingenieria Tecnica Agricola, Ronda de Calatrava 7, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 55:992-1002. 2007The main flavonols found in seven widespread Vitis vinifera red grape cultivars include the 3-glucosides and 3-glucuronides of myricetin and quercetin and the 3-glucosides of kaempferol and isorhamnetin...
- Flavonol 3-O-glycosides series of Vitis vinifera Cv. Petit Verdot red wine grapesNoelia Castillo-Muñoz
Instituto Regional de Investigación Científica Aplicada, Escuela Universitaria de Ingenieria Tecnica Agricola, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Ciudad Real, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 57:209-19. 2009..In addition, the presence of quercetin 3-O-(6"-rhamnosyl)-glucoside (rutin) was also detected as a trace compound in the skins of Petit Verdot grapes...
- Flavonols from Pterogyne nitens and their evaluation as myeloperoxidase inhibitorsLuis Octavio Regasini
Universidade Estadual Paulista, Instituto de Quimica, NuBBE Núcleo de Bioensaios, Biossíntese e Ecofisiologia de Produtos Naturais, Araraquara, SP, CP 355, CEP 14801 970, Brazil
Phytochemistry 69:1739-44. 2008..derivative, namely pterogynoside (1), was isolated from fruits of Pterogyne nitens, along with six known flavonols, kaempferol, afzelin, kaempferitrin, quercetin, isoquercetrin and rutin...
- Neuraminidase inhibitory activities of flavonols isolated from Rhodiola rosea roots and their in vitro anti-influenza viral activitiesHyung Jae Jeong
Bioindustry Technology Research Center and AI Control Material Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Jeongeup 580 185, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem 17:6816-23. 2009Five flavonols (3, 5, and 9-11) were isolated from Rhodiola rosea, and compared with commercially available flavonoids (1, 2, 4, 6-8, and 12-14) to facilitate analysis of their structure-activity relationship (SAR)...
- Combining intensity correlation analysis and MALDI imaging to study the distribution of flavonols and dihydrochalcones in Golden Delicious applesPietro Franceschi
Fondazione E Mach Research and Innovation Centre, Via Edmund Mach 1, 38010 San Michele all Adige TN, Italy
J Exp Bot 63:1123-33. 2012..The proposed approach was used to investigate the distribution of glycosylated flavonols and dihydrochalcones in Golden Delicious apples...
- Inhibition of human low density lipoprotein oxidation by flavonols and their glycosidesLifen Hou
National Laboratory of Applied Organic Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, Gansu 730000, China
Chem Phys Lipids 129:209-19. 2004Antioxidative effects of the flavonols and their glycosides, i.e...
- Solid-phase extraction procedure for determination of phenolic acids and some flavonols in honeyAnna Michalkiewicz
Department of Chemistry, Warsaw University, Pasteura 1, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
J Chromatogr A 1187:18-24. 2008..and preconcentration of phenolic acids (gallic, p-HBA, p-coumaric, vanillic, caffeic and syringic acid) and some flavonols (rutin, quercetin and kaempferol) from honey samples prior to their determination by HPLC is reported...
- Metabolomic and genetic analyses of flavonol synthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana support the in vivo involvement of leucoanthocyanidin dioxygenaseRalf Stracke
Genome Research, Bielefeld University, 33594, Bielefeld, Germany
Planta 229:427-45. 2009Flavonol synthase (FLS) (EC-number 22.214.171.124), the enzyme that catalyses the conversion of flavonols into dihydroflavonols, is part of the flavonoid biosynthesis pathway...
- Analysis of Arabidopsis mutants deficient in flavonoid biosynthesisB W Shirley
Department of Biology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061 0406, USA
Plant J 8:659-71. 1995..Thin-layer chromatography identified tissue- and locus-specific differences in the flavonols and anthocyanidins synthesized by mutant and wild-type plants...
- Estimated dietary intakes of flavonols, flavanones and flavones in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) 24 hour dietary recall cohortRaul Zamora-Ros
Unit of Nutrition, Environment and Cancer, Cancer Epidemiology Research Programme, Catalan Institute of Oncology ICO IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
Br J Nutr 106:1915-25. 2011b>Flavonols, flavanones and flavones (FLAV) are sub-classes of flavonoids that exert cardioprotective and anti-carcinogenic properties in vitro and in vivo...
- Dietary flavonols: chemistry, food content, and metabolismS Aisling Aherne
Nutritional Sciences, Department of Food Science, Food Technology and Nutrition, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Nutrition 18:75-81. 2002The flavonols belong to a large group of compounds called flavonoids, which are diverse in their chemical structure and characteristics...
- 3',4'-Dihydroxyflavonol prevents diabetes-induced endothelial dysfunction in rat aortaOwen L Woodman
School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
Life Sci 85:54-9. 2009..We investigated whether the antioxidant 3',4'-dihydroxyflavonol (DiOHF) reduces the release of superoxide (O(2)(-)) and preserves endothelial function in aortae from diabetic rats...
- The grapevine R2R3-MYB transcription factor VvMYBF1 regulates flavonol synthesis in developing grape berriesStefan Czemmel
Heidelberger Institut für Pflanzenwissenschaften, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Plant Physiol 151:1513-30. 2009b>Flavonols are important ultraviolet light protectants in many plants and contribute substantially to the quality and health-promoting effects of fruits and derived plant products...
- Differential stress-response expression of two flavonol synthase genes and accumulation of flavonols in tartary buckwheatXiaohua Li
Department of Crop Science, Chungnam National University, 99 Daehak Ro, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 764, Republic of Korea
J Plant Physiol 170:1630-6. 2013..PCR and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), the expression of FtFLS1/2 and the production of 3 main flavonols (kaempferol, myricetin and quercetin) was detected in roots, leaves, stems, flowers and different stages of ..
- Advanced knowledge of three important classes of grape phenolics: anthocyanins, stilbenes and flavonolsRiccardo Flamini
Consiglio per la Ricerca e la Sperimentazione in Agricoltura Centro di Ricerca per la Viticoltura CRA VIT, Viale XXVIII Aprile, Conegliano 26 31015, TV, Italy
Int J Mol Sci 14:19651-69. 2013Grape is qualitatively and quantitatively very rich in polyphenols. In particular, anthocyanins, flavonols and stilbene derivatives play very important roles in plant metabolism, thanks to their peculiar characteristics...
- High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of selected flavonols in Ginkgo biloba solid oral dosage formsMary Jean Dubber
Division of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
J Pharm Pharm Sci 7:303-9. 2004....
- Neuroprotective actions of flavones and flavonols: mechanisms and relationship to flavonoid structural featuresFederico Dajas
Department of Neurochemistry, Instituto de Investigaciones Biologicas Clemente Estable, Avda Italia 3318, 11600, Montevideo, Uruguay
Cent Nerv Syst Agents Med Chem 13:30-5. 2013..Among the six groups in which flavonoids are classified, the flavones and flavonols, based on the backbone of 2-phenylchromen-4-one (2-phenyl-1-benzopyran-4-one) are the most commonly encountered ..
- Identification of lipophilic flavones and flavonols by comparative HPLC, TLC and UV spectral analysisJenny Greenham
School of Plant Sciences, The University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 6AS, UK
Phytochem Anal 14:100-18. 2003The identification of lipophilic flavones and flavonols using a combination of high performance liquid chromatography, thin layer chromatography and UV spectral analysis is discussed...
- Dietary flavonols and flavonol-rich foods intake and the risk of breast cancerClement A Adebamowo
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 114:628-33. 2005Laboratory and animal studies suggest that dietary flavonols may reduce breast cancer risk but there are limited epidemiological studies...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel flavonols as potential anti-prostate cancer agentsRobert G Britton
Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, George Porter Building, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK
Eur J Med Chem 54:952-8. 2012..1 μM) and superior to the naturally occurring flavonols quercetin (16) and fisetin (22) (both >15 μM)...
- Evaluation of the antioxidant and antiproliferative activities of extracted saponins and flavonols from germinated black beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)Daniel Guajardo-Flores
Centro de Biotecnologia FEMSA, Escuela de Biotecnología y Alimentos, Tecnológico de Monterrey Campus Monterrey, Av Eugenio Garza Sada 2501 Sur, C P 64849 Monterrey, N L, Mexico
Food Chem 141:1497-503. 2013..Genistein was related with the activity against mammary cancer cells but flavonols and group B saponins were more related with hepatic and colon cancers...
- Dietary intakes of individual flavanols and flavonols are inversely associated with incident type 2 diabetes in European populationsRaul Zamora-Ros
MRC Epidemiology Unit, University of Cambridge, Institute of Metabolic Science, Cambridge, UK
J Nutr 144:335-43. 2014Dietary flavanols and flavonols, flavonoid subclasses, have been recently associated with a lower risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D) in Europe...
- Protective effects of myricetin and related flavonols against A2E and light mediated-cell death in bovine retinal primary cell cultureAicha Laabich
Acucela Inc, 21720 23rd Drive SE, Bothell, WA 98021, USA
Exp Eye Res 85:154-65. 2007The present study was performed to investigate the effect of flavonols, namely myricetin and structurally related quercetin and kaempferol against A2E and blue light-induced photoreceptors death in primary retinal cell cultures...
- Microbial glucosylation of flavonols by Cunninghamella echinulataShunichi Miyakoshi
Gunma National College of Technology, 580 Toriba machi, Maebashi, Gunma, 371 8530, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 110:320-1. 2010..Kaemferol and some other flavonols were also glucosylated...
- Health effects and bioavailability of dietary flavonolsP C Hollman
State Institute for Quality Control of Agricultural Products RIKILT DLO, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Free Radic Res 31:S75-80. 1999..Flavonoids are categorised into flavonols, flavones, catechins, flavanones, anthocyanidins, and isoflavonoids...
- Flavonols intake and the risk of coronary heart disease: a meta-analysis of cohort studiesZe Mu Wang
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Atherosclerosis 222:270-3. 2012Prospective cohort are inconsistent regarding the association between flavonols intake and the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Inhibitory effects of anthocyanins and other phenolic compounds on nitric oxide production in LPS/IFN-gamma-activated RAW 264.7 macrophagesJ Wang
Food Research Program, Pacific Agri Food Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Summerland, British Columbia, Canada
J Agric Food Chem 50:850-7. 2002..Common phenolic compounds, including phenolic acids, flavonols, isoflavones, and anthocyanins, present in fruits were investigated for their effects on NO production in LPS/..
- Identification of the position of mono-O-glucuronide of flavones and flavonols by analyzing shift in online UV spectrum (lambdamax) generated from an online diode array detectorRashim Singh
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, 1441 Moursund Street, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Agric Food Chem 58:9384-95. 2010..In this paper, glucuronide(s) of 36 flavones and flavonols were generated using an in vitro glucuronidation reaction...
- Dietary flavonols contribute to false-positive elevation of homovanillic acid, a marker of catecholamine-secreting tumorsEmilie Combet
Life course Nutrition and Health, Centre for Population and Health Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Clin Chim Acta 412:165-9. 2011....
- Protective effects of flavonols and their glycosides against free radical-induced oxidative hemolysis of red blood cellsFang Dai
National Laboratory of Applied Organic Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, Gansu 730000, China
Life Sci 78:2488-93. 2006..used as a model to study the free radical-induced damage of biological membranes and the protective effect of flavonols and their glycosides (FOHs), i.e...
- Iron binding of 3-hydroxychromone, 5-hydroxychromone, and sulfonated morin: Implications for the antioxidant activity of flavonols with competing metal binding sitesAndrea M Verdan
Department of Chemistry, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634 0973, USA
J Inorg Biochem 105:1314-22. 2011..These results indicate that DNA damage inhibition by flavonols with competing hydroxy-keto binding sites is primarily due to iron binding at the 3-hydroxy-keto site...
- The simultaneous determination of selected flavonol glycosides and aglycones in Ginkgo biloba oral dosage forms by high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionisation-mass spectrometryM J Dubber
Faculty of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutics, Rhodes University, Grahamstown 6140, South Africa
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:723-31. 2005..All Ginkgo products investigated were found to contain varying amounts of target analytes...
- Inhibition of nitric oxide synthase expression by a methanolic extract of Crescentia alata and its derived flavonolsG Autore
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Salerno, Fisciano-Salerno, Italy
Life Sci 70:523-34. 2001..Their structures were elucidated by spectral methods. The bioassay-directed analysis of flavonols 1-3 indicated that kaempferol (3) was the most active compound contained in the MeOH extract because it reduced ..
- Green tea flavonols inhibit glucosidase IIAlessandra Gamberucci
Department of Physiopathology, Experimental Medicine and Public Health, University of Siena, and Unit for Development of Biomedical Research, Santa Maria alle Scotte Hospital, Siena, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 72:640-6. 2006..The possible interference of tea catechins with the glycoprotein processing in the endoplasmic reticulum should be considered as a potential mechanism of their dietary or pharmacological effects...
- Cocoa flavonols and procyanidins promote transforming growth factor-beta1 homeostasis in peripheral blood mononuclear cellsT K Mao
Division of Rheumatology Allergy and Clinical Immunology, and Department of Nutrition University of California, School of Medicine, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 228:93-9. 2003....
- Biosynthesis of plant-specific flavones and flavonols in Streptomyces venezuelaeSung Ryeol Park
Department of Chemistry and Nano Science, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 20:1295-9. 2010..venezuelae system to the production of more diverse plant polyketides including flavones and flavonols. A plasmid with the synthetic codon-optimized flavone synthase I gene from Petroselium crispum was introduced to ..
- Influence of B-ring hydroxylation on interactions of flavonols with bovine serum albuminJianbo Xiao
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410083, P R China
J Agric Food Chem 56:2350-6. 2008The B-ring substitution pattern of flavonols is a significant structural feature for their function as free radical scavengers and antioxidants...
- Effect of a low dose of sea buckthorn berries on circulating concentrations of cholesterol, triacylglycerols, and flavonols in healthy adultsPetra S Larmo
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, 20014, Turku, Finland
Eur J Nutr 48:277-82. 2009..Epidemiological studies indicate beneficial effects of flavonoids on cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk...
- Neutrophil effector functions triggered by Fc-gamma and/or complement receptors are dependent on B-ring hydroxylation pattern and physicochemical properties of flavonolsMirian R Moreira
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Café S N, Monte Alegre, Ribeirao Preto, SP 14040 903, Brazil
Life Sci 81:317-26. 2007..In the present study, the modulatory effect of four flavonols (myricetin, quercetin, kaempferol, galangin) on rabbit PMN oxidative metabolism, specifically stimulated via ..
- Absorption of flavonols derived from sea buckthorn (Hippophaë rhamnoides L.) and their effect on emerging risk factors for cardiovascular disease in humansJukka Pekka Suomela
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, FI 20014 Turku, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 54:7364-9. 2006Sea buckthorn (Hippophaë rhamnoides L.) is a rich source of flavonols, especially isorhamnetin. Most prospective cohort studies have indicated some degree of inverse association between flavonoid intake and coronary heart disease...
- Antioxidant activity of coumarins and flavonols from the resinous exudate of Haplopappus multifoliusRene Torres
Departamento de Ciencias del Ambiente, Fascultad de Química y Biología, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, Avda Bernardo O Higgins 3363, Santiago, Chile
Phytochemistry 67:984-7. 2006The antioxidant activity of eight coumarins and two flavonols isolated from Haplopappus multifolius was studied with the DPPH radical method...
- A new flavonol glycoside and activity of compounds from the flower of Nymphaea candidaR N Liu
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 9:333-8. 2007..Furthermore, compounds 1, 5, and 9 had distinct cytotoxicity to adrenal gland pheochromocytoma, PC12 cells, being treated by the same way...
- Differential effects of flavonols on inactivation of alpha1-antitrypsin induced by hypohalous acids and the myeloperoxidase-hydrogen peroxide-halide systemHamama Bouriche
Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Ferhat ABBAS, 19000 Setif, Algeria
Arch Biochem Biophys 459:137-42. 2007..The flavonols rutin, quercetin, myricetin, and kaempferol inhibited the inactivation of alpha1-antitrypsin by HOCl and HOBr ..
- Arabidopsis thaliana expresses a second functional flavonol synthaseAnja Preuss
Philipps Universitat Marburg, Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Marburg Lahn, Germany
FEBS Lett 583:1981-6. 2009Arabidopsis thaliana L. produces flavonoid pigments, i.e. flavonols, anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins, from dihydroflavonol substrates...
- 3', 4'-dihydroxyflavonol enhances nitric oxide bioavailability and improves vascular function after ischemia and reperfusion injury in the ratElsa C H Chan
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 42:727-35. 2003..DiOHF reduces the adverse effects of I/R on vascular function by increasing NO bioavailability suggesting that it may be useful in preventing reperfusion injury...
- Inhibition of growth and induction of alkaline phosphatase in colon cancer cells by flavonols and flavonol glycosidesMichael A Lea
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Anticancer Res 30:3629-35. 2010..work, we compared the effects of quercetin on cell proliferation and differentiation with the action of related flavonols and quercetin glycosides...
- Vasorelaxant and antioxidant activity of flavonols and flavones: structure-activity relationshipsOwen L Woodman
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 46:302-9. 2005..the structure-activity relationships regarding vascular and antioxidant activity of a range of synthetic flavonols and flavones with 3 or fewer hydroxyl (OH) or methoxyl substitutions...
- Antioxidant activity and ultra-performance LC-electrospray ionization-quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry for phenolics-based fingerprinting of Rose species: Rosa damascena, Rosa bourboniana and Rosa brunoniiNeeraj Kumar
Natural Plant Products Division, Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology CSIR, Palampur, HP 176 061, India
Food Chem Toxicol 47:361-7. 2009..Distinct similarities were observed in the relative distribution of polyphenolic compounds among the three species. The dominance of quercetin, kaempferol and their glycosides was observed in all the three species...
- Flavones and flavonols exert cytotoxic effects on a human oesophageal adenocarcinoma cell line (OE33) by causing G2/M arrest and inducing apoptosisQiang Zhang
Key Laboratory of Dairy Science of Ministry of Education, Department of Food Science, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150030, PR China
Food Chem Toxicol 46:2042-53. 2008..In our study, cytotoxic effects of structurally related flavones and flavonols on a human oesophageal adenocarcinoma cell line (OE33) were compared, and the molecular mechanisms responsible ..
- Modulation of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase expression and function by 3',4'-dihydroxyflavonol in phagocytic and vascular cellsFan Jiang
Bernard O Brien Institute of Microsurgery, 42 Fitzroy Street, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:261-9. 2008..Our results suggest that suppression of NADPH oxidase-dependent superoxide accumulation may contribute to the cytoprotective actions of DiOHF during ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Cocoa flavanols lower vascular arginase activity in human endothelial cells in vitro and in erythrocytes in vivoOliver Schnorr
Institute for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Building 22 03, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Universitaetsstrasse 1, D 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Arch Biochem Biophys 476:211-5. 2008..Dietary intervention with flavanol-rich cocoa caused diminished arginase activity in rat kidney and, erythrocyte arginase activity was lowered in healthy humans following consumption of a high flavanol beverage in vivo...
- Antioxidant flavonols from fruits, vegetables and beverages: measurements and bioavailabilityA Crozier
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, UK
Biol Res 33:79-88. 2000b>Flavonols are polyphenolic secondary plant metabolites that are present in varying levels in commonly consumed fruits, vegetables and beverages...
- Anthocyanins, flavonols, and free radical scavenging activity of Chinese bayberry (Myrica rubra) extracts and their color properties and stabilityJinsong Bao
Institute of Nuclear Agricultural Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hua Jiachi Campus, Hangzhou 310029, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 53:2327-32. 2005Characterization of anthocyanins and flavonols and radical scavenging activity assays of extracts from four Chinese bayberry (Myrica rubra) varieties with different fruit colors were carried out...
- Characterization of a Vitis vinifera cv. Cabernet Sauvignon 3',5'-O-methyltransferase showing strong preference for anthocyanins and glycosylated flavonolsJoost Lücker
Faculty of Land and Food Systems, Wine Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B C, Canada
Phytochemistry 71:1474-84. 2010..Phylogenetic analysis of the O-methyltransferase suggests that it may be a member of a distinct subclass of Type 2 bivalent metal-dependent S-adenosyl-methionine O-methyltransferases...
- Evaluation of inhibitory actions of flavonols and related substances on lysophospholipase d activity of serum autotaxin by a convenient assay using a chromogenic substrateKaori Ueda
Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, 1 78 1 Shomachi, Tokushima 770 8505, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 58:6053-63. 2010..b>Flavonols, phenolic acids, free fatty acids, and N-acyltyrosines inhibited lysoPLD activity in a micromolar range...
- 3',4'-Dihydroxyflavonol improves post-ischaemic coronary endothelial function following 7days reperfusion in sheepSheng Wang
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Eur J Pharmacol 624:31-7. 2009....
- Involvement of P-glycoprotein in regulating cellular levels of Ginkgo flavonols: quercetin, kaempferol, and isorhamnetinYi Wang
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Drug Metabolism, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310031, People s Republic of China
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:751-8. 2005..Transport studies of Ginkgo flavonols were performed in Caco-2 cell mono-layers...
- The effect of flavones and flavonols on colonization of tomato plants by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi of the genera Gigaspora and GlomusJose M Scervino
Departamento de Biodiversidad y Biologia Experimental, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Pabellon II, 4P Ciudad Universitaria, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Can J Microbiol 53:702-9. 2007..In the present work, we compared the effect of flavones (chrysin and luteolin) and flavonols (kaempferol, morin, isorhamnetin, and rutin) on root colonization (number of entry points and degree of root ..
- Flavonols and flavones as BACE-1 inhibitors: structure-activity relationship in cell-free, cell-based and in silico studies reveal novel pharmacophore featuresYoshiari Shimmyo
Department of Neuroscience for Drug Discovery, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1780:819-25. 2008..We firstly revealed novel pharmacophore features of flavonoids by using cell-free, cell-based and in silico docking studies. These results contribute to the development of new BACE-1 inhibitors for the treatment of AD...
- Intake of flavonols and flavones and risk of coronary heart disease in male smokersT Hirvonen
Department of Nutrition, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Epidemiology 12:62-7. 2001b>Flavonols and flavones are antioxidant polyphenolic compounds found in tea, vegetables, fruits, and wine. In experimental studies they have been effective free radical scavengers, metal chelators, and antithrombotic agents...
- Antioxidant and antiradical activities of flavonoidsS Burda
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation, ul Czartoryskich 8, 24 100 Pulawy, Poland
J Agric Food Chem 49:2774-9. 2001..From seven structurally divergent groups of flavonoids, only flavonols with a free hydroxyl group at the C-3 position of the flavonoid skeleton showed high inhibitory activity to beta-..
- Fast profiling of the integral metabolism of flavonols in the active fraction of Gossypium herbaceam L. using liquid chromatography/multi-stage tandem mass spectrometryPing Geng
Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substances and Resource Utilization of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Ministry of Education, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:1877-88. 2007..Fifty-eight flavonols comprising mixed sulfate, methyl, glucuronide and glycoside derivatives of quercetin or kaempferol were detected,..
- Effects of flavonols on the generation of superoxide anion radicals by xanthine oxidase and stimulated neutrophilsL Selloum
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Setif, 19000, Algeria
Arch Biochem Biophys 395:49-56. 2001The effects of three aglycon flavonols (myricetin, quercetin, and kaempferol) and the natural glycoside rutin on superoxide anion radical generating systems were investigated...
- Scavenger effect of flavonols on HOCl-induced luminol chemiluminescenceLaid Selloum
Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Ferhat ABBAS, 19000 Setif, Algeria
Luminescence 19:199-204. 2004..In the present work, the scavenger effect of three aglycone flavonols (myricetin, quercetin and kaempferol) and of the natural glycoside flavonol, rutin, was studied towards HOCl ..
- Vascular and anti-oxidant actions of flavonols and flavonesOwen L Woodman
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 31:786-90. 20041. Flavonols and flavones are plant-derived polyphenolic compounds that are commonly consumed in the diet...
- Chemical structure of flavonols in relation to modulation of angiogenesis and immune-endothelial cell adhesionJong Deog Kim
Department of Biotechnology, Yosu National University, Yosu, Cheonnam, 550 260 South Korea
J Nutr Biochem 17:165-76. 2006..Four flavonols - myricetin (M), quercetin (Q), kaempferol (K) and galangin (G), all with different numbers of hydroxyl moieties ..
- Combinatorial biosynthesis of flavones and flavonols in Escherichia coliIkuo Miyahisa
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8657, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 71:53-8. 2006..the flavanone 3beta-hydroxylase and flavonol synthase genes from the plant Citrus species led to production of flavonols: kaempferol (15.1 mg/l) from tyrosine and galangin (1.1 mg/l) from phenylalanine...
- Dietary flavonols quercetin and kaempferol are ligands of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor that affect CYP1A1 transcription differentiallyH P Ciolino
Cellular Defense and Carcinogenesis Section, Basic Research Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Biochem J 340:715-22. 1999..These results demonstrate that the dietary flavonols quercetin and kaempferol are natural, dietary ligands of the AhR that exert different effects on CYP1A1 ..
- Flavonols, flavones, flavanones, and human health: epidemiological evidenceBrigitte A Graf
Antioxidants Research Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Med Food 8:281-90. 2005..The vast number of flavonoids and mixtures of their subclasses, including flavonols, flavones, and flavanones, and the variety of agricultural practices that affect their concentration in foods ..
- Dietary intakes of flavonols and flavones and coronary heart disease in US womenJennifer Lin
Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Epidemiol 165:1305-13. 2007Dietary flavonols and flavones are subgroups of flavonoids that have been suggested to decrease the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and intake of catechins, flavonols, and flavones: the MORGEN StudyC Tabak
Department of Chronic Disease Epidemiology and Division of Public Health Research, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:61-4. 2001Flavonoids have been suggested to protect against chronic lung disease. We studied intake of catechins, flavonols, and flavones in relation to pulmonary function and COPD symptoms in 13,651 adults from three Dutch cities examined from ..
- The strawberry FaMYB1 transcription factor suppresses anthocyanin and flavonol accumulation in transgenic tobaccoA Aharoni
Business Unit Cell Cybernetics, Plant Research International, PO Box 16, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant J 28:319-32. 2001..A reduction in the level of cyanidin 3-rutinoside (an anthocyanin) and of quercetin-glycosides (flavonols) was observed...
- Functional expression of a P450 flavonoid hydroxylase for the biosynthesis of plant-specific hydroxylated flavonols in Escherichia coliEffendi Leonard
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 904 Furnas Hall, NY 14260, USA
Metab Eng 8:172-81. 2006b>Flavonols are plant polyphenolic compounds that belong to the class of molecules collectively known as flavonoids...
- Tea flavonols in cardiovascular disease and cancer epidemiologyP C Hollman
State Institute for Quality Control of Agricultural Products RIKILT DLO, Bornsesteeg 45, The Netherlands
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 220:198-202. 1999Tea is an important dietary source of flavonols in countries such as the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and Japan...
- Addition of milk does not affect the absorption of flavonols from tea in manP C Hollman
State Institute for Quality Control of Agricultural Products RIKILT Bornsesteeg 45 6708 PD, Wageningen The Netherlands
Free Radic Res 34:297-300. 2001Tea is a major source of flavonols, a subclass of antioxidant flavonoids present in plant foods which potentially are beneficial to human health...
- Dietary flavonols protect diabetic human lymphocytes against oxidative damage to DNAM E Lean
Department of Human Nutrition, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, University of Glasgow, UK
Diabetes 48:176-81. 1999..were treated for 2 weeks on a low-flavonol diet and for 2 weeks on the same diet supplemented with 76-110 mg of flavonols (mostly quercetin) provided by 400 g of onions (and tomato sauce) and six cups of tea daily...
- Anti-depressant natural flavonols modulate BDNF and beta amyloid in neurons and hippocampus of double TgAD miceYan Hou
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neuropharmacology 58:911-20. 2010..We report here that ginkgo flavonols quercetin and kaempferol stimulates depression-related signaling pathways involving brain-derived neurotrophic ..
- Fisetin, morin and myricetin attenuate CD36 expression and oxLDL uptake in U937-derived macrophagesTzi Wei Lian
Department of Biotechnology, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan 717, Taiwan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1781:601-9. 2008..The inhibition of CD36 by flavonols was mediated by interference with PPARgamma activation thus counteracting the deleterious autoamplification loop ..
- Effects of Cocoa Flavonols on Myocardial Infarction Size and Post-Injury InjuryFrancisco Villarreal; Fiscal Year: 2009..Interest in the beneficial effects of flavonols emerged from observations in Kuna Indians who have a very low incidence of CVD and consume minimally processed ..
- Cardioprotective Effects of Dietary Flavonoids in the Framingham Offspring CohortPaul Jacques; Fiscal Year: 2009..we will examine the associations between five classes of dietary flavonoids (flavanols, anthocyanins, flavones, flavonols, and isoflavones) and the following CVD risk factors: inflammatory markers including C-reactive protein, ..
- EFFECT OF CRANBERRY CONSTITUENTS ON UTI PATHOGENESISScott Hultgren; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Vorsa laboratory has fractionated cranberry fruit into the major flavonoid classes of proanthocyanidins, flavonols and anthocyanins...
- Are anthocyanins necessary for oral cancer chemoprevention by berries?CHRISTOPHER WEGHORST; Fiscal Year: 2009..gallic, procatechuic, p-hydroxybenzoic, caffeic, p- coumaric, ferulic, chlorogenic, and ellagic acids), the flavonols (quercetin, kaempferol, mycetrin, and isorhamntin), and complex polyphenols (lignans, ellagitannin, and ..
- CRYSTALLOGRAPHY OF ACTIN AND RELATED PROTEINSCLARENCE SCHUTT; Fiscal Year: 2001..Profilin from plant pollen is a potent allergen. Structures of plant profilin complexed with endogenous flavonols could lead to improved molecular level understanding of the IgE response in allergic individuals.
- Oxidative Stress, Antioxidants and Breast Cancer RiskQi Dai; Fiscal Year: 2007..urinary level of total phenols will be assayed with Folin-Ciocalteu Phenol Reagent, urinary levels of polyphenol flavonols and flavanols will be determined using liquid chromatography photo-diode array electrospray mass spectrometry, ..
- Tea Polyphenols in Chemoprevention of Prostate CancerSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results will assist in designing dietary supplements for chemoprevention of early stages of prostate cancer or during watchful waiting. ..
- Bioavailability of Tea Polyphenols in Prostate CancerSusanne Henning; Fiscal Year: 2002..ODC enzyme activity will be determined measuring the release of 14C CO2 from 14C ornithine. These studies will provide information important in designing studies to critically test the role of dietary supplementation in prostate cancer. ..
- Hormones, hormone-related genes, and colorectal cancerJennifer Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Findings from the proposed study of estrogen and progesterone will enhance our understanding of these lifestyle and genetic factors in relation to colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- INHIBITION OF CARCINOGENESIS BY TEA AND TEA CONSTITUENTSChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Jointly, we intend to make major contributions to the use of tea for the I chemoprevention of cancer. ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF THE HUMAN BRCA 1 GENEDONATO ROMAGNOLO; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific aim #3 will examine the function of BRCA-1 in cell cycle regulation at different levels of genotoxic damage induced by PAHs. ..
- Study on Ultraviolet-induced Signal TransductionZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2010..These preclinical studies are designed to lead to the development of new strategies for the chemoprevention of human skin cancers. ..
- Reactivation Methylation-Silenced Genes by PolyphenolsChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..5. To determine whether EGCG, alone or in combination with other agents, can prevent hypermethylation of genes and tumor development in the intestinal tumorigenesis model in the Min mice. ..
- Effects of Natural Agents with Fluoride on CariesHyun Koo; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Molecular basis of arsenic-induced cell transformationZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge will facilitate the design of more effective and specific strategies with fewer side effects for chemoprevention of arsenic-induced cancer. ..
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES ON TEA AND CARCINOGENESISChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicant and colleagues will address key issues concerning the bioavailability and bioactivities of O-methyl, glucuronide, and sulfate derivatives and two ring-fission metabolites of tea catechins. ..
- NEW HIGHLY EFFICIENT ROUTES TO POLYKETIDESMICHAEL CALTER; Fiscal Year: 2002..This property is very important for industrial syntheses, as each additional solvent and reactor increases the amount of waste and complexity of the process. ..
- Mechanisms of chemopreventive effect of resveratrolZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our long-term goal is to identify the molecular mechanism explaining the anti-tumor effect exhibited by resveratrol. Such knowledge will help in developing better chemopreventive agents with fewer side effects. ..
- INHIBITION OF CARCINOGENESIS BY TEA AND TEA CONSTITUENTSZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGeorge R Pettit; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ESOPHAGEAL ADENOCARCINOGENESIS AND ITS PREVENTIONChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are expected to fully elucidate the roles of oxidative stress and aberrant AA metabolism in the formation of EAC and help develop effective agents for its prevention. ..
- Anticarcinogenic Mechanisms of Tea ConstituentsZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- The Catalytic, Asymmetric Interrupted Feist-Benary ReactionMICHAEL CALTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2007..In summary, the proposed research will be sharply aimed at the discovery and very rapid development of new anticancer drugs for the NCI programs direct at improving human cancer treatments. ..