Summary: A bioflavonoid that strengthens vascular walls.
Publications150 found, 100 shown here
- HR, 0-(beta-hydroxyethyl)-rutosides, in comparison with diosmin+hesperidin in chronic venous insufficiency and venous microangiopathy: an independent, prospective, comparative registry studyM R Cesarone
Irvine2 Vasc Lab and Physiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Chieti University, San Valentino Vascular Screening Project, Italy
Angiology 56:1-8. 2005..study was to investigate differences in efficacy between HR, (0-[beta-hydroxyethyl]-rutosides) and D+H (500 mg, diosmin+hesperidin) in patients with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)...
- [The principles of action and use of phlebotropic agents]D A Kharkevich
Klin Med (Mosk) 82:4-10. 2004
- PP2A mediates diosmin p53 activation to block HA22T cell proliferation and tumor growth in xenografted nude mice through PI3K-Akt-MDM2 signaling suppressionTran Duc Dung
School of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Food Chem Toxicol 50:1802-10. 2012..This study examines the in vitro and in vivo mechanisms of diosmin on human hepato-cellular carcinoma HA22T cell proliferation inhibition...
- Antihyperglycemic effect of diosmin on hepatic key enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism in streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced diabetic ratsLeelavinothan Pari
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, 608002 Tamilnadu, India
Biomed Pharmacother 64:477-81. 2010The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of diosmin on hepatic key enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism in streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced diabetic rats. Diosmin was administered to streptozotocin-induced (45 mg/kg b...
- Ameliorative effect of diosmin, a citrus flavonoid against streptozotocin-nicotinamide generated oxidative stress induced diabetic ratsSubramani Srinivasan
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, India
Chem Biol Interact 195:43-51. 2012..The aim of the study was to evaluate the effect of diosmin (DS) in oxidative stress in streptozotocin-nicotinamide (STZ-NA)-induced diabetic rats by measuring the lipid ..
- Diosmin alleviates retinal edema by protecting the blood-retinal barrier and reducing retinal vascular permeability during ischemia/reperfusion injuryNianting Tong
Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai Jiaotong University Affiliated Shanghai First People s Hospital, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e61794. 2013..b>Diosmin, a naturally occurring flavonoid glycoside, has been shown to have antioxidative and anti-inflammatory effects ..
- Biological properties of flavonoids pertaining to inflammationJ A Manthey
Microcirculation 7:S29-34. 2000..These modes of inhibition provide the mechanisms by which flavonoids inhibit the inflammation response and suggest that this class of molecules may be effective in the treatment of CVI...
- Comparison of the absorption of micronized (Daflon 500 mg) and nonmicronized 14C-diosmin tablets after oral administration to healthy volunteers by accelerator mass spectrometry and liquid scintillation countingR C Garner
The Centre for Biomedical Accelerator Mass Spectrometry CBAMS Ltd Sand Hutton, York Y041 ILZ, United Kingdom
J Pharm Sci 91:32-40. 2002Daflon 500 mg, is a micronized purified flavonoid fraction, containing 90% w/w diosmin and 10% w/w of flavonoids expressed as hesperidin, used clinically in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency and hemorrhoidal disease...
- Simultaneous determination of diosmin and diosmetin in human plasma by ion trap liquid chromatography-atmospheric pressure chemical ionization tandem mass spectrometry: Application to a clinical pharmacokinetic studyMiguel Angel Campanero
Clinical Pharmacology, University of Navarra Clinic, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 51:875-81. 2010Diosmetin (3',5,7-trihydroxy-4'-methoxyflavone) is the aglycone of the flavonoid glycoside diosmin (3',5,7-trihydroxy-4'-methoxyflavone-7-ramnoglucoside)...
- Improved LC methods for the determination of diosmin and/or hesperidin in plant extracts and pharmaceutical formulationsA M el-Shafae
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 26:539-45. 2001Two improved, simple, selective and sensitive reversed-phase HPLC methods were developed for the determination of diosmin and hesperidin simultaneously or separately, using external or internal standard techniques, respectively...
- Diosmin--isolation techniques, determination in plant material and pharmaceutical formulations, and clinical useAnna Bogucka-Kocka
Chair and Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Medical University, Lublin, 20 093 Chodźki 1, Poland
Nat Prod Commun 8:545-50. 2013b>Diosmin is a naturally occurring flavone glycoside used in the treatment of venous diseases...
- Spontaneous intraventricular hemorrhage associated with prolonged diosmin therapyRamesh M Kumar
Texas A and M Health Science Center College of Medicine, College Station, TX, USA
Neurocrit Care 14:438-40. 2011..b>Diosmin is one such non-FDA approved drug which is a semisynthetic, phlebotropic supplement with multiple ..
- Therapeutic approach to chronic venous insufficiency and its complications: place of Daflon 500 mgJ J Bergan
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego, USA
Angiology 52:S43-7. 2001..Daflon 500 mg, the purified micronized flavonoid fraction containing 90% diosmin and 10% hesperidin, acts favorably in venous ulcer treatment by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and ..
- Diosmin protects rat retina from ischemia/reperfusion injuryNianting Tong
Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai Jiaotong University Affiliated Shanghai First People s Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:459-66. 2012b>Diosmin, a natural flavone glycoside, possesses antioxidant activity and has been used to alleviate ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury...
- Diosmin, a bioflavonoid reverses alterations in blood pressure, nitric oxide, lipid peroxides and antioxidant status in DOCA-salt induced hypertensive ratsThangarasu Silambarasan
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
Eur J Pharmacol 679:81-9. 2012The present study was aimed to evaluate the antihypertensive effect of diosmin in deoxycorticosterone acetate (DOCA)-salt induced hypertension in male Wistar rats...
- Simultaneous reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of diosmin, hesperidin and naringin in different citrus fruit juices and pharmaceutical formulationsFeras Imad Kanaze
Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:243-9. 2003b>Diosmin, hesperidin and naringin are flavonoid glycosides that occur naturally in citrus fruits...
- Clinical benefits of Daflon 500 mg in the most severe stages of chronic venous insufficiencyA A Ramelet
Angiology 52:S49-56. 2001..Micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF, 450 mg diosmin plus 50 mg hesperidin-Daflon 500 mg) is a potent venotropic drug used in the treatment of venous insufficiency...
- Diosmin pretreatment affects bioavailability of metronidazoleK Rajnarayana
Drug Metabolism and Clinical Pharmacokinetics Division, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, AP 506009, Warangal, India
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:803-7. 2003To screen for inhibitory effects of diosmin on cytochrome P(450)-mediated metabolism of metronidazole in healthy volunteers.
- Treatment of metastatic melanoma B16F10 by the flavonoids tangeretin, rutin, and diosminCristina Martínez Conesa
Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, 30100 Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 53:6791-7. 2005..Antimetastatic effects of the flavonoids tangeretin, rutin, and diosmin were analyzed, and at the same time an analysis of the metastatic activity of ethanol was performed, considered ..
- Diosmin and diosmetin are agonists of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor that differentially affect cytochrome P450 1A1 activityH P Ciolino
Cellular Defense and Carcinogenesis Section, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, NIH, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Cancer Res 58:2754-60. 1998We investigated the effect of the chemopreventive compound diosmin and its aglycone form, diosmetin, on the carcinogen activation pathway mediated by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) in MCF-7 human breast epithelial cancer cells...
- Effects of diosmin, a flavonoid glycoside in citrus fruits, on P-glycoprotein-mediated drug efflux in human intestinal Caco-2 cellsHye Hyun Yoo
Bioanalysis and Biotransformation Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, PO Box 131, Chungryang, Seoul 130 650, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 55:7620-5. 2007..Among the flavonoids tested, diosmin significantly increased the accumulation of rhodamine-123 in Caco-2 cells...
- Semisynthesis of linarin, acacetin, and 6-iodoapigenin derivatives from diosminJérôme Quintin
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie, Centre d Etudes Pharmaceutiques, 5 rue J B Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
J Nat Prod 67:1624-7. 2004Semisynthesis of linarin and acacetin from the Citrus flavonoid diosmin was performed via, as first intermediate, the 3'-O-phenyltetrazolyl ether of diosmin...
- Surgical correction of varicose vein disease under micronized diosmin protection (results of the Russian multicenter controlled trial DEFANS)A V Pokrovsky
Department of Faculty Surgery, Faculty for Postgraduate Training of Physicians, Russian State Medical University, Moscow
Angiol Sosud Khir 13:47-55. 2007..The main group (n=200) received micronized diosmin (Detralex, 1000 mg/day) for 2 weeks before and 30 days after the procedure; control group (n=45) did not receive ..
- Flavonoid treatment in patients with healed venous ulcer: flow cytometry analysis suggests increased CD11b expression on neutrophil granulocytes in the circulationGudmundur Danielsson
Department of Vascular Diseases, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Vasc Med 8:83-8. 2003..Ten patients with a healed venous ulcer were treated with flavonoid substance (90% diosmin), 1000 mg three times daily for 30 days...
- From skin disorders to venous leg ulcers: pathophysiology and efficacy of Daflon 500 mg in ulcer healingPhilip D Coleridge Smith
Department of Surgery, The Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Angiology 54:S45-50. 2003..There is clinical evidence that MPFF modifies venous leg ulcer healing...
- The social and economic burden of venous leg ulcers: focus on the role of micronized purified flavonoid fraction adjuvant therapyMarian Simka
Out Patient Department of Angiology, Pszczyna ul Wodzislawska 78 43 200 Pszczyna, Poland
Am J Clin Dermatol 4:573-81. 2003..8 US dollars vs 1871.9 US dollars per ulcer healed). Hence, the addition of MPFF adjuvant therapy to the treatment of venous leg ulcers would be effective and potentially cost saving...
- Micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF): a review of its pharmacological effects, therapeutic efficacy and benefits in the management of chronic venous insufficiencyKonstantinos Katsenis
Vascular Surgery Dept of 2nd Surgical Clinic of Athens University, Areteion Hospital, 76 Vas Sofias Str, 11521 Athens, Greece
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 3:1-9. 2005..An explanation for the ability to speed ulcer healing comes from the protection Daflon 500 mg exerts on the microcirculation...
- Effects of plant-derived phenols on rat liver cytochrome P450 2B1 activityH T Huynh
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Loma Linda University, CA 92350, USA
Anticancer Res 22:1699-703. 2002..In this report, the plant-derived phenols catechin, chlorogenic acid, diosmin, epigallo-catechin gallate (EGCG), naringenin, quercetin and resveratrol were studied for their effects on the ..
- Flavonoid glycosides inhibit oral cancer cell proliferation--role of cellular uptake and hydrolysis to the aglyconesAlyson M Browning
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:1037-42. 2005..b>Diosmin, the 7-rutinoside of diosmetin, surprisingly, was more potent and effective than diosmetin...
- Daflon for haemorrhoids: a prospective, multi-centre observational studyA W N Meshikhes
Department of Surgery, Dammam Central Hospital, Dammam, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Surgeon 2:335-8, 361. 2004..The aim of this study was to confirm the efficacy of Daflon in the treatment of haemorrhoidal symptoms...
- Re: Meshikhes A-W. N. Daflon for haemorrhoids: a prospective, multi-centre observational study. Surg JR Coll Surg Edinb Irel 2004;2(6): 355-38A A Ibuowo
Surgeon 3:363; author reply 363. 2005
- Further investigation of the modifying effect of various chemopreventive agents on apoptosis and cell proliferation in human colon cancer cellsQiao Zheng
First Department of Pathology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 40 Tsukasa Machi, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 128:539-46. 2002..shown that naturally-occurring and synthetic chemicals such as auraptene (AUR), nobiletin (NOB), hesperidin (HE), diosmin (DIO), indole-3-carbinol (I3C), 1'-acetoxychavicol acetate (ACA), 2,5-di-O-acetyl-D-1,4-glucaro-6,3-dilactone (..
- Antioxidant activity and radioprotective effects against chromosomal damage induced in vivo by X-rays of flavan-3-ols (Procyanidins) from grape seeds (Vitis vinifera): comparative study versus other phenolic and organic compoundsJ Castillo
Research and Development Department of Furfural Español S A, Camino Viejo de Pliego s n, 80320 Alcantarilla, Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 48:1738-45. 2000..The most effective compounds were, in order: GSE > rutin > (+)-catechin > diosmin >/= ascorbic acid...
- Influence of some bioflavonoids on the transport of nitrendipineKandhagatla Rajnarayana
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy, University College ofPharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, India
Drug Metabol Drug Interact 23:299-310. 2008..b>diosmin, quercetin, chrysin, methyl hesperidin and gossypin, was introduced into the mucosal side...
- Cytotoxic activity of flavonoids from the flowers of Chrysanthemum morifolium on human colon cancer Colon205 cellsYuan Yuan Xie
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicines, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 11:771-8. 2009..together with five known flavonoids, luteolin (2), diosmetin (3), diosmetin 7-O-beta-d-glucopyranoside (4), diosmin (5), and scolimoside (6), and four known caffeoylquinic acid derivatives, macranthoin F (7), 3,5-dicaffeoylquinic ..
- [Studies on chemical components of Lobelia chinensis]Yanyan Jiang
School of Chinese Pharmacy, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100102, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 34:294-7. 2009..To study on the chemical constituents of Lobelia chinensis...
- Effects of dosmalfate, a new cytoprotective agent, on acute and chronic trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis in ratsIsabel Villegas
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Seville, Profesor García González Street, 41012 Seville, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 460:209-18. 2003..In this study, we examined the effects of dosmalfate, a new flavonoid derivative compound (diosmin heptakis) with antioxidant and cytoprotective properties, on acute and chronic experimental trinitrobenzene ..
- Micronized purified flavonoid fraction in pretreating CABG patientsMustafa Sirlak
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Ankara University School of Medicine, Dikimevi Ankara 06340, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 37:172-7. 2010..Orally administered Daflon might provide better outcomes for patients who have impaired cardiac function before undergoing cardiac operations that require cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Screening of various phenolic acids and flavonoid derivatives for their anticholinesterase potentialIlkay Orhan
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, 06330 Ankara, Turkey
Z Naturforsch C 62:829-32. 2007..genistein, biochanin A, naringin, apigenin, quercetin, luteolin-7-O-rutinoside, kaempferol-3-O-galactoside, diosmin, silibinin, and silymarin) against AChE and BChE at 1 mg/ml concentration using a microplate-reader assay based ..
- Chemical fingerprinting by RP-RRLC-DAD and principal component analysis of Ziziphora clinopodioides from different locationsShuge Tiana
Xinjiang Key Laboratory of Famous Prescription and Science of Formulas, Urumqi 830011, Xinjiang, China
Nat Prod Commun 7:1181-4. 2012..Three active components, diosmin, linarin and pulegone, were identified by matching their retention times and UV spectra with the corresponding ..
- Chronic venous disease, inflammation, and Daflon 500 mgA N Nicolaides
Angiology 56:S1. 2005
- Effects of diosmine-hesperidine on experimental colonic anastomosisA Cengiz
General Surgery Clinics of Training and Research Hospital of Ankara, Ulcanlar, Altindag, Ankara Turkey
Bratisl Lek Listy 113:692-7. 2012..Our goal was to determine the effects of a diosmine-hesperidine combination on wound healing in a rat model of colonic anastomosis...
- Clinical efficacy of micronized purified flavonoid fraction: an overviewJ R Struckmann
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Herlev University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Vasc Res 36:37-41. 1999..In clinical trials, micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF, 450 mg diosmin plus 50 mg hesperidin, Daflon 500 mg) has demonstrated its activity in CVI by improving venous tone and vein ..
- Are venotonic drugs effective for decreasing acute posttraumatic oedema following ankle sprain? A prospective randomized clinical trialElias Fotiadis
Orthopaedic Department, General Hospital of Veria, Verias Asomaton Street, 59100, Veria, Greece
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:389-92. 2011..In this prospective randomized study, we hypothesized that venotonic drugs had no effect in clinical outcome of patients with ankle sprain...
- Antiradical and anti-H2O2 properties of polyphenolic compounds from an aqueous peppermint extractZbigniew Sroka
Department of Pharmacognosy, Wrocław Medical University, pl Nankiera 1, 50 140 Wrocław, Poland
Z Naturforsch C 60:826-32. 2005Polyphenolic compounds such as eriocitrin, luteolin-7-O-rutinoside, diosmin, hesperidin, narirutin, isorhoifolin, rosmarinic and caffeic acids were identified in an aqueous extract (Ex) obtained from peppermint leaves (Menthae x ..
- Effects of citrus flavonoids on redox homeostasis of toxin-injured liver in ratErika Rapavi
II Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Szentkiralyi u 46, H 1088 Budapest, Hungary
Acta Biol Hung 57:415-22. 2006In order to evaluate the effect of diosmin-hesperidin containing drug on redox balance and Cu, Zn, Fe and Mn concentrations of toxin-injured liver, Wistar albino rats were subjected to thioacetamide administration (500 mg TAA/l in their ..
- [Congenital anomalies of the inferior vena cava: diagnosis and medical treatment]A A Baeshko
Federal Facility Regional Research and Production Centre, Mother and Infant Care, Belorussian State Medical University, Minsk, Belarus
Angiol Sosud Khir 13:91-5. 2007..When the diagnosis of IVC aplasia is confirmed, primary medical treatment should consist in prescribing venotonic agents, elastic compression and in cases of deep veins thrombosis -anticoagulant therapy...
- The effect of the flavonoid diosmin, grape seed extract and red wine on the pulmonary metastatic B16F10 melanomaC Martinez
Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, Espinardo, Spain
Histol Histopathol 20:1121-9. 2005..To study the effect of different phenolic compounds and red wine on pulmonary metastatic melanoma...
- Prediction of intestinal absorption and metabolism of pharmacologically active flavones and flavanonesH Serra
IBET ITQB, Av da Republica, EAN, Apartado 127, 2781 901 Oeiras, Portugal
Bioorg Med Chem 16:4009-18. 2008Three glycosilated flavonoids (diosmin, hesperidin and naringin) and respective aglycones were characterized in terms of their apparent ionisation constants and bidirectional permeability using the cellular model Caco-2 as well as the ..
- Effects of purified micronized flavonoid fraction (Detralex) on prophylactic treatment of adjuvant arthritis with methotrexate in ratsJozef Rovensky
National Institute of Rheumatic Diseases, Piest any, Slovak Republic
Isr Med Assoc J 10:377-80. 2008..It is suggested that the beneficial effect of purified micronized flavonoid fraction may be involved in the treatment of adjuvant arthritis in rats...
- [The flavonoids effect against vinblastine, cyclophosphamide and paracetamol toxicity by inhibition of lipid-peroxydation and increasing liver glutathione concentration]M Lahouel
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie et Phytochimie, Departement de Biologie, Université de Jijel, 18000 Jijel, Algerie
Pathol Biol (Paris) 52:314-22. 2004..Flavonoïds seem to act by activation of the turn over of the glutathion and enzymes stimulating particularly glutathion-s-transferases permitting the captation of the reactive metabolites of the studied drugs...
- Flavonoid mixture ameliorates increase in erythrocyte osmotic fragility and malondialdehyde concentration induced by Trypanosoma brucei brucei-infection in Wistar ratsPatricia I Kobo
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria Electronic address
Res Vet Sci 96:139-42. 2014..05) reduced trypanosome-induced increases in EOF and lipoperoxidative changes, suggesting possible antioxidant properties of Daflon® 500 mg and its therapeutic value in trypanosomosis...
- Antiallergic effect of flavonoid glycosides obtained from Mentha piperita LToshio Inoue
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:256-9. 2002..glycosides, eriocitrin (1), narirutin (2), hesperidin (3), luteolin-7-O-rutinoside (4), isorhoifolin (5), diosmin (6), rosmarinic acid (7) and 5,7-dihydroxycromone-7-O-rutinoside (8), were isolated from the aerial part of ..
- Phlebotonics for haemorrhoidsNirmal Perera
General Medicine, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 8:CD004322. 2012..Numerous trials assessing the effect of phlebotonics in treating the symptoms and signs of haemorrhoidal disease suggest that there is a potential benefit...
- Prevention of cisplatin ototoxicity: Efficacy of micronized flavonoid fraction in a guinea pig modelM Sinan Başoğlu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ataturk Research and Education Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 76:1343-6. 2012..To evaluate the effectiveness of micronized flavonoid fraction in preventing cisplatin ototoxicity in a guinea pig model...
- The effect of diosmin on pancreatic injury induced by hepatic ischemia reperfusion in ratsS S Kilicoglu
Department of Histology and Embriology, Ufuk University Faculty of Medicine, Cankaya, Ankara, Turkey
Bratisl Lek Listy 114:119-24. 2013..This experimental study aimed at comparing the cyanoacrylate abdomen closure to the effectiveness of triclosan coated polidioxanone abdomen closure...
- Synergistic effects of diosmetin with erythromycin against ABC transporter over-expressed methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) RN4220/pUL5054 and inhibition of MRSA pyruvate kinaseBen C L Chan
Institute of Chinese Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Phytomedicine 20:611-4. 2013..b>Diosmin and diosmetin are natural flavonoids found in a variety of citrus fruits...
- Diosmin reduces calcium oxalate deposition and tissue degeneration in nephrolithiasis in rats: a stereological studyAli Noorafshan
Histomorphometry and Stereology Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Korean J Urol 54:252-7. 2013..Thus, blocking stone formation and finding new therapeutic methods is an important area of study. Diosmin (a major component of the bile) is known to have antioxidant as well as renoprotective effects...
- Diosmin abrogates chemically induced hepatocarcinogenesis via alleviation of oxidative stress, hyperproliferative and inflammatory markers in murine modelMir Tahir
Molecular Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention Division, Department of Medical Elementology and Toxicology, Faculty of Science, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi 110062, India
Toxicol Lett 220:205-18. 2013..In the present study, we have shown that diosmin attenuates 2-AAF induced hepatic toxicity and early tumor promotion markers (ODC, PCNA and Ki67), its ..
- Effect of the rootstock and interstock grafted in lemon tree (Citrus limon (L.) Burm.) on the flavonoid content of lemon juiceAngel Gil-Izquierdo
Department of Food Science and Technology, CEBAS, CSIC, P O Box 164, E 30100 Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 52:324-31. 2004..The interstock used is able to alter the individual quantitative flavonoid order of eriocitrin, diosmin, and hesperidin...
- Modeling anti-allergic natural compounds by molecular topologyRamon Garcia-Domenech
Molecular Connectivity and Drug Design Research Unit, Department of Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Valencia, Avenida V A Estelles s n, 46100, Burjasot Valencia, Spain
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 16:628-35. 2013..Among them, hesperidin, naringin, salinomycin, sorbitol, curcumol, myricitrin, diosmin and kinetin stand out. Some of these compounds have already been referenced as having anti-allergic activity.
- A randomized, controlled clinical pilot study comparing three types of compression therapy to treat venous leg ulcers in patients with superficial and/or segmental deep venous reflux Pawel Dolibog
Department of Medical Biophysics, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Ostomy Wound Manage 59:22-30. 2013..All patients received saline-soaked gauze dressings along with micronized purified flavonoid fraction, diosmin, hesperidin, and Daflon 500 once daily...
- Effects of micronised purified flavonoid fraction on pain, semen analysis and scrotal color Doppler parameters in patients with painful varicocele; results of a randomized placebo-controlled studyHaluk Soylemez
Department of Urology, Medical Faculty, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 44:401-8. 2012..Aim of this study is to evaluate the effects of micronised purified flavonoid fraction (Daflon(®)) on pain, semen analysis and color Doppler parameters in patients with painful varicocele...
- Clinical effectiveness of a highly standardized and bioavailable mixture of flavonoids and triterpenes in the management of acute hemorroidal crisisFrancesco Di Pierro
Scientific Department, Velleja Research, Pontenure PC, Italy
Acta Biomed 82:35-40. 2011..Effective and not invasive treatment control of the acute crisis could be of practical use in order to avoid or to delay invasive procedures to a time more convenient for the patient and/or for the surgeon...
- Diosmin exhibits anti-hyperlipidemic effects in isoproterenol induced myocardial infarcted ratsS Sharmila Queenthy
Department of Chemistry, Manonmanium Sundarnar University, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India Department of Biotechnology, Waljat College of Applied Sciences, Muscut, Oman
Eur J Pharmacol 718:213-8. 2013The aim of the present study was to evaluate the protective effects of diosmin on experimentally induced myocardial infarcted rats. Diosmin (5 and 10mg/kg body weight) was administered orally as pretreatment daily for a period of 10 days...
- Diosmin protects against ethanol-induced hepatic injury via alleviation of inflammation and regulation of TNF-α and NF-κB activationMir Tahir
Molecular Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention Division, Department of Medical Elementology and Toxicology, Faculty of Science, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi 110062, India
Alcohol 47:131-9. 2013The present investigation was designed to evaluate the efficacy of diosmin against ethanol-induced hepatotoxicity in rats by modulating various mechanisms including ethanol metabolizing enzymes, generation of free radicals, imbalance in ..
- Effects of verapamil, nifedipine, and daflon on the viability of reverse-flow island flaps in ratsHidir Kilinc
From the Departments of Plastic Surgery, Pathology, and Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Ann Plast Surg 71:610-4. 2013..However, nifedipine did not make a significant contribution to the flap viability. The results of this study will contribute to the literature about the hemodynamics of reverse-flow island flaps and guide further studies on the issue. ..
- The protective effect of diosmin on hepatic ischemia reperfusion injury: an experimental studyYusuf Tanrikulu
Department of General Surgery, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ministry of Health, Ulucanlar Street, 06340, Ankara, Turkey
Bosn J Basic Med Sci 13:218-24. 2013..Our study aimed to investigate the protective effects of diosmin, a phlebotrophic drug with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, in a liver IRI model...
- Central nervous system depressant action of flavonoid glycosidesSebastian P Fernandez
Instituto de Quimica y Fisicoquimica Biologicas, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur J Pharmacol 539:168-76. 2006..The glycosides 2S-neohesperidin, 2S-naringin, diosmin, gossipyn and rutin exerted a depressant action on the CNS of mice following i.p...
- Enhancement of the water solubility of flavone glycosides by disruption of molecular planarity of the aglycone moietyGuy Lewin
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Université Paris Sud BIOCIS UMR 8076 CNRS LabEx LERMIT, Avenue J B Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
J Nat Prod 76:8-12. 2013..We applied this strategy to some natural flavone glycosides, especially diosmin, a highly insoluble citroflavonoid prescribed as an oral phlebotropic drug...
- Pharmacological agents in the treatment of venous disease: an update of the available evidenceManjit S Gohel
Imperial Vascular Unit, Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, London, UK
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 7:303-8. 2009..Further research is needed to define the role of venoactive drugs in clinical care and improve our understanding of the pathophysiology of venous disease to help identify new therapeutic avenues...
- Micronized diosmin (Detralex) for vein-related trophic ulcers: European experienceV S Savel'ev
Chair of Faculty Surgery, Department of Continuing Education, Russian State Medical University, Moscow A V Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery, RAMS, Moscow, Russia
Angiol Sosud Khir 12:53-60. 2006The paper presents a meta-analysis of 5 large European studies (N - 723) on the micronized diosmin administration to patients with venous trophic ulcers (CEAP class VI)...
- Simultaneous determination of flavonoids and phenylethanoids in the flowers of Verbascum densiflorum and V. phlomoides by high-performance liquid chromatographyBarbara Klimek
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Łódź, ul Muszyńskiego 1, 90 151 Łódź, Poland
Phytochem Anal 21:150-6. 2010..However, knowledge about the contents of phenolics in flowers is limited and no HPLC method for their analysis is available...
- Experimental comparative study of the efficacy and side effects of Cissus quadrangularis L. (Vitaceae) to Daflon (Servier) and placebo in the treatment of acute hemorrhoidsSukij Panpimanmas
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Rangsit University, Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 93:1360-7. 2010..To investigate efficacy and side effects of Cissus quadrangularis L. and micronised purified flavanoid fraction (MPFF) in treatment of hemorrhoids...
- How we can improve patients' comfort after Milligan-Morgan open haemorrhoidectomyMa Mu Ti Jiang A Ba-Bai-Ke-Re
Department of Anorectal Surgical, First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi 830011, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:1448-56. 2011To demonstrate the value of Diosmin (flavonidic fraction) in the management of post-haemorhoidectomic symptoms.
- Agenesis of the renal segment of inferior vena cava associated with venous stasisG Milio
Biomedical Department of Internal and Special Medicine Di Bi M I S, P Giaccone University Hospital, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Int Angiol 29:385-8. 2010..We describe a 42-year-old man with chronic venous insufficiency, without DVT, caused by congenital absence of renal segment of the IVC...
- Ca(2+)-dependent contraction by the saponoside escin in rat vena cava: implications in venotonic treatment of varicose veinsJoseph D Raffetto
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Vasc Surg 54:489-96. 2011Saponosides (horse chestnut seed extract, escin) and flavonoids (diosmin, Daflon 500, Servier, France) exhibit venotonic properties that have been utilized in treatment of varicose veins...
- [Results of administering Phlebodia 600 in fertile women with orthostasis-dependent phlebopathy]Iu T Tsukanov
Angiol Sosud Khir 13:107-12. 2007..Noted was positive dynamics of the preparation with the necessity of continuing to take oral contraceptives by the medical indications...
- Update on uses and properties of citrus flavonoids: new findings in anticancer, cardiovascular, and anti-inflammatory activityO Benavente-García
Research and Development Department of Nutrafur Furfural Español S A, Camino Viejo de Pliego s n, 80320 Alcantarilla, Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 56:6185-205. 2008..However, generally, the flavones, such as diosmin, apigenin, or luteolin, exhibit higher biological activity, even though they occur in much lower concentrations...
- The effect of a flavonoid fractions diosmin + hesperidin on radiation-induced acute proctitis in a rat modelAtakan Sezer
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
J Cancer Res Ther 7:152-6. 2011To explore the protective effect of a flavonoid fractions diosmin + hesperidin (Daflon), against radiation-induced acute proctitis in an experimental rat model.
- Dietary bioflavonoids inhibit Escherichia coli ATP synthase in a differential mannerNagababu Chinnam
Department of Biological Sciences, Box 70703, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Int J Biol Macromol 46:478-86. 2010..5 mM)>epicatechin (IC50 approximately 4.0 mM). Inhibition by hesperidin, chrysin, kaempferol, diosmin, apigenin, genistein, or rutin was partial in the range of 40-60% and inhibition by galangin, daidzein, or ..
- Simultaneous determination of the flavonoid aglycones diosmetin and hesperetin in human plasma and urine by a validated GC/MS method: in vivo metabolic reduction of diosmetin to hesperetinMarios Spanakis
School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 541 24 Thessaloniki, Greece
Biomed Chromatogr 23:124-31. 2009Diosmetin and hesperetin are the aglycones of the flavonoid glycosides diosmin and hesperidin which occur naturally in citrus fruit...
- Medicamentous treatment of chronic venous insufficiency using semisynthetic diosmin--a prospective studyZ V Maksimovic
Clinic for Vascular Surgery of the Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade
Acta Chir Iugosl 55:53-9. 2008..Chronic venous insufficiency (HVI) is manifested by the progressive signs of venous stasis. This disorder is treated by: compressive bandaging, medicaments, sclerotherapy, surgery, etc...
- Protective effect of diosmetin on in vitro cell membrane damage and oxidative stress in cultured rat hepatocytesP Villa
C N R National Research Council Center of Cytopharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, Milan, Italy
Toxicology 73:179-89. 1992Primary cultures of rat hepatocytes were used to study the effects of the flavonoids diosmin and its main metabolite diosmetin on the cell membrane damage caused by erythromycin estolate (EE) and oxidative stress caused by tert-..
- Bioactive phenolics and antioxidant propensity of flavedo extracts of Mauritian citrus fruits: potential prophylactic ingredients for functional foods applicationDeena Ramful
Department of Agricultural and Food Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Mauritius, Reduit, Mauritius
Toxicology 278:75-87. 2010..Contents in hesperidin ranged from 83 ± 0.06 to 234 ± 1.73 mg/g FW. Poncirin, didymin, diosmin, isorhoifolin and narirutin were also present in all extracts whereas naringin was present only in one mandarin ..
- Antihepatotoxic activity and chemical constituents of Buddleja asiatica LourMaher M El-Domiaty
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
Z Naturforsch C 64:11-9. 2009..aucubin), phenylpropanoids (isoacteoside and acteoside), a triterpene saponin (mimengoside A), flavonoids (diosmin and linarin) in addition to the free sugars mannitol and sucrose...
- Synergistic effect of diosmin and interferon-alpha on metastatic pulmonary melanomaNuria Alvarez
University of Murcia Institute of Research into Aging, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 24:347-52. 2009..Our aim was to study the combined treatment of metastatic lung melanoma with IFN-alpha and diosmin in a murine model...
- The effect of citrus flavonoids on the redox state of alimentary-induced fatty liver in ratsE Rapavi
Biochemical Research Group, II Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University Medical School, H 1088, Budapest, Szentkiralyi u 46, Hungary
Nat Prod Res 21:274-81. 2007Both chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) and fatty liver may develop at the same time. Hesperidin and diosmin are used for the treatment CVI...
- Effect of benzopyrone derivatives on simultaneously induced croton oil ear oedema and carrageenin paw oedema in ratsM Gabor
Department of Pharmacodynamics, Albert Szent Gyorgyi University Medical School, Hungary
Acta Physiol Hung 77:197-207. 1991..manner and to statistically significant degrees by lipoxygenase- and cyclooxygenase-blocker flavonoids (diosmin, fisetin, quercetin, myricetin, galangin, sophoricoside, hesperidin-methylchalcone, oligomeric procyanidin, ..
- [The theory of lymphangion and current approaches to the pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of lymphedema of the lower extremities]N A Bubnova
I P Pavlov Sankt Peterburg State Medical University, Russia
Angiol Sosud Khir 9:66-70. 2003..Based on the aforesaid the new approaches to the diagnosis and selection of the treatment methods for lymphedema of the lower extremities have been formulated...
- From symptoms to leg edema: efficacy of Daflon 500 mgAndrew N Nicolaides
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Nicosia, Cyprus
Angiology 54:S33-44. 2003..Daflon 500 mg, a well-established oral flavonoid that consists of 90% micronized diosmin and 10% flavonoids expressed as hesperidin, may be prescribed from the very beginning of the disease for the ..
- A new flavonoid derivative, dosmalfate, attenuates the development of dextran sulphate sodium-induced colitis in miceIsabel Villegas
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Seville, Calle Profesor García González, 41012 Seville, Spain
Int Immunopharmacol 3:1731-41. 2003..The beneficial effects seem to be related to a decrease of neutrophil infiltration, absence of up-regulation of IL-1 beta and increase of PG production in colon mucosa...
- The effect of diosmin hesperidin on intestinal ischaemia--reperfusion injuryM Pehlivan
Department of General Surgery, Medical School, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Duzce, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 104:715-8. 2004The effect of Diosmin Hesperidin on intestinal ischaemia reperfusion injury was evaluated in an experimental model in rats.
- Treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding with micronized flavonoidsG G Mukherjee
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:156-7. 2005
- Mechanisms in experimental venous valve failure and their modification by Daflon 500 mgL Pascarella
Department of Surgery University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 35:102-10. 2008..To characterize the acute response of the vein wall to venous hypertension and associated altered fluid shear stress and to test the effect of micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF, Daflon 500), on this response...
- Venous ulcers: pathophysiology and treatment optionsJennifer T Trent
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Fla, USA
Ostomy Wound Manage 51:38-54; quiz 55-6. 2005..The epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management options regarding venous ulcers are reviewed...
- Determination of flavonoids in citrus juices by micro-HPLC-ESI/MSPaola Dugo
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Biologica, Facolta di Scienze, Universita di Messina, Messina, Italy
J Sep Sci 28:1149-56. 2005..The use of microcolumn HPLC greatly enhanced detection performance. In total, 20 flavonoids of two different subclasses (flavanone and flavone glycosides) were identified with the help of retention data and MS spectral information...
- Flavonoids to reduce bleeding and pain after stapled hemorrhoidopexy: a randomized controlled trialBostjan Mlakar
Medical Centre IATROS, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 117:558-60. 2005..Phlebotropic activity, protective effect on the capillaries and anti-inflammatory properties of this drug have been reported in several studies...
- Effects of Daflon on oxidative stress induced by hindlimb ischemia/reperfusionA Unlu
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Mersin University, Zeytinlibahce Cad, 33079 Mersin, Turkey
Pharmacol Res 48:11-5. 2003..015). These overall results suggest that Daflon contributes renal protection from hind limb ischemia/reperfusion injury in some degree, by decreasing systemic oxidative stress...
- Flavonoids detection by HPLC-DAD-MS-MS in lemon juices from Sicilian cultivarsCorrado Caristi
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Biologica, Universita di Messina, Salita Sperone 31, 98166 S Agata di Messina, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 51:3528-34. 2003..were found in the lemon juice of the above-mentioned cultivars together with eriocitrin, hesperidin, and diosmin. Following purification by preparative HPLC, the structure was assigned as 6,8-di-C-glucopyranosyldiosmetin by ..
- Efficacy of Daflon in the treatment of hemorrhoidsAbdul Wahed N Meshikhes
Department of Surgery, Dammam Central Hospital, Qatif 31911, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 23:1496-8. 2002..To demonstrate the value of Daflon in the management of hemorrhoidal symptoms in Saudi patients attending the Surgical clinic...
- IL-6-mediated Jak2/Stat3 signaling and Brain DevelopmentJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2011..As a validation of these findings, we next examined the effects of a STAT3 inhibitor (S31-201) and diosmin, a flavanoid structurally similar to luteolin, on JAK2/STAT3 signaling in vivo...
- DiosMemTM, a natural gamma-secretase inhibitor, opposes AD pathogenesisJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2009..in vivo validation, we find that administration of luteolin and a glycoside of a structurally similar flavonoid, diosmin, to Tg2576 mice similarly reduces A[unreadable] generation potentially through GSK-3 inhibition...