Summary: Narcotic analgesic related to CODEINE, but more potent and more addicting by weight. It is used also as cough suppressant.
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Combination hydrocodone and ibuprofen versus combination oxycodone and acetaminophen in the treatment of moderate or severe acute low back painMark Palangio
Abbott Laboratories, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054, USA
Clin Ther 24:87-99. 2002Introduced in 1997, the combination of hydrocodone and ibuprofen is the only fixed-dose combination analgesic containing an opioid and ibuprofen that has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Evaluation of postoperative bupivacaine infusion for pain management after anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionJ Winslow Alford
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Division of Sports Medicine, Brown University School of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Arthroscopy 19:855-61. 2003..We endeavored to evaluate the efficacy of one such device currently in use...
- Analgesic efficacy and tolerability of oxycodone 5 mg/ibuprofen 400 mg compared with those of oxycodone 5 mg/acetaminophen 325 mg and hydrocodone 7.5 mg/acetaminophen 500 mg in patients with moderate to severe postoperative pain: a randomized, double-blinLeonard J Litkowski
Center for Clinical Studies, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Clin Ther 27:418-29. 2005..Combination therapy has been widely used for the clinical management of acute pain. By combining 2 drugs with different mechanisms of action, such therapy provides additive analgesic effects while reducing the risk for adverse effects...
- The efficacy of rofecoxib 50 mg and hydrocodone/acetaminophen 7.5/750 mg in patients with post-arthroscopic painJacques E Chelly
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:195-206. 2007To compare the efficacy and tolerability of rofecoxib, hydrocodone/acetaminophen 7.5 mg/750 mg (H/A) and placebo in treating pain after arthroscopy of the knee.
- Opioids in the management of chronic non-cancer pain: an update of American Society of the Interventional Pain Physicians' (ASIPP) GuidelinesAndrea M Trescot
American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, Paducah, KY 42001, USA
Pain Physician 11:S5-S62. 2008..Available evidence suggests a continued wide variance in the use of opioids, as documented by different medical specialties, medical boards, advocacy groups, and the Drug Enforcement Administration...
- Adverse drug reactions to oxycodone and hydrocodone in CYP2D6 ultrarapid metabolizersJose de Leon
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:420-1. 2003
- Reduced antinociception of opioids in rats and mice by vaccination with immunogens containing oxycodone and hydrocodone haptensMarco Pravetoni
Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, 701 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404, USA
J Med Chem 56:915-23. 2013..In this study, oxycodone-based and hydrocodone-based haptens were conjugated to KLH to generate immunogens that would recognize both oxycodone and hydrocodone...
- The relative abuse liability of oral oxycodone, hydrocodone and hydromorphone assessed in prescription opioid abusersSharon L Walsh
Department of Behavioral Sciences, Center on Drug and Alcohol Research, University of Kentucky, 515 Oldham Court, Lexington, KY 40502, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 98:191-202. 2008..design to examine the relative abuse potential and potency of oral oxycodone (10, 20 and 40 mg), hydrocodone (15, 30 and 45 mg), hydromorphone (10, 17.5 and 25mg) and placebo...
- Response to hydrocodone, codeine and oxycodone in a CYP2D6 poor metabolizerMargaret T Susce
University of Kentucky, Mental Health Research Center at Eastern State Hospital, Lexington, KY 40508, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:1356-8. 2006..CYP2D6 metabolizes other opioid analgesics, including tramadol, dihydrocodeine, oxycodone and hydrocodone, although they have been less systematically studied...
- Combination hydrocodone and ibuprofen versus combination oxycodone and acetaminophen in the treatment of postoperative obstetric or gynecologic painM Palangio
Medical Affairs Department, Knoll Pharmaceutical Company, Mount Olive, New Jersey 07828 1234, USA
Clin Ther 22:600-12. 2000The objective of this study was to compare the effectiveness of combination hydrocodone and ibuprofen with that of combination oxycodone and acetaminophen in the treatment of moderate to severe postoperative obstetric or gynecologic pain.
- A randomized clinical trial of the efficacy of scheduled dosing of acetaminophen and hydrocodone for the management of postoperative pain in children after tonsillectomyKimberly A Sutters
Children s Hospital Central California, Madera, CA 93636 8761, USA
Clin J Pain 26:95-103. 2010..To determine the effectiveness of around-the-clock (ATC) analgesic administration, with or without nurse coaching, compared with standard care with as needed (PRN) dosing in children undergoing outpatient tonsillectomy...
- Subjective, psychomotor, and physiological effects profile of hydrocodone/acetaminophen and oxycodone/acetaminophen combination productsJames P Zacny
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Pain Med 9:433-43. 2008To compare within the same individuals two typically prescribed doses of hydrocodone/acetaminophen and oxycodone/acetaminophen products for their subjective, psychomotor, and physiological effects in healthy volunteers.
- Hydrocodone use and sensorineural hearing lossTang Ho
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Pain Physician 10:467-72. 2007The hydrocodone/acetaminophen combination is one of the most commonly used analgesic preparations. Isolated incidences of suspected association between hydrocodone abuse and rapidly progressive hearing loss have been reported...
- Fatal hydrocodone overdose in a child: pharmacogenetics and drug interactionsParvaz Madadi
Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X8
Pediatrics 126:e986-9. 2010..in a developmentally delayed child aged 5 years 9 months who was inadvertently administered high doses of hydrocodone for a respiratory tract infection...
- Combination hydrocodone and ibuprofen versus combination codeine and acetaminophen for the treatment of chronic painM Palangio
Medical Affairs Department, Knoll Pharmaceutical Company, Mount Olive, New Jersey 07828 1234, USA
Clin Ther 22:879-92. 2000The objective of this study was to compare the effectiveness of combination hydrocodone 7.5 mg and ibuprofen 200 mg with that of combination codeine 30 mg and acetaminophen 300 mg for the treatment of chronic pain.
- A comparison of the abuse liability of tramadol, NSAIDs, and hydrocodone in patients with chronic painEdgar H Adams
Edgar Adams Consulting, Covance, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 31:465-76. 2006..was to assess the prevalence of tramadol abuse compared to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and hydrocodone-containing analgesics in patients with chronic noncancer pain (CNP). The study had three arms...
- Intravenous oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine in recreational opioid users: abuse potential and relative potenciesWilliam W Stoops
Department of Behavioral Science, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 140 Medical Behavioral Science Building, Lexington, KY 40536 0086, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 212:193-203. 2010....
- Randomized double-blind placebo controlled crossover study of acetaminophen, ibuprofen, acetaminophen/hydrocodone, and placebo for the relief of pain from a standard painful stimulusJames R Miner
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:911-4. 2009..The objective was to compare subjects' change in perceived acute pain from an identical painful stimulus after receiving three separate, commonly used pain medications and placebo...
- Cough suppression during flexible bronchoscopy using combined sedation with midazolam and hydrocodone: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trialD Stolz
Division of Respiratory Medicine and Pulmonary Cell Research, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Thorax 59:773-6. 2004..A randomised, placebo controlled, double blind study was undertaken to determine whether hydrocodone in combination with midazolan improves cough suppression during FB without increasing the risk of desaturation.
- A double-blind, single-dose comparison of the analgesic efficacy of tramadol/acetaminophen combination tablets, hydrocodone/acetaminophen combination tablets, and placebo after oral surgeryJames R Fricke
Austin Oral Surgery Associates, Texas 78703, USA
Clin Ther 24:953-68. 2002..However, because not all combinations or dose ratios lead to enhanced analgesia or reduced adverse events (AEs), each combination and dose ratio must be evaluated individually in carefully designed preclinical and clinical trials...
- Patient characteristics and risks factors for development of dependence on hydrocodone and oxycodoneNorman S Miller
Department of Psychiatry, College of Human Medicine, Michigan State University, A227 East Fee Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824 1316, USA
Am J Ther 11:26-32. 2004The purpose of the study was to document the substantial increase in problematic use of hydrocodone and oxycodone in an addiction treatment population...
- GC-MS quantitation of codeine, morphine, 6-acetylmorphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and oxymorphone in bloodRobert Meatherall
Department of Biochemistry, St Boniface General Hospital, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Anal Toxicol 29:301-8. 2005A method is described for the simultaneous analysis of seven opiates, codeine, morphine, 6-acetylmorphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and oxymorphone, in blood samples by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS)...
- Rofecoxib versus hydrocodone/acetaminophen for postoperative analgesia in functional endoscopic sinus surgeryChristopher A Church
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
Laryngoscope 116:602-6. 2006..Nonopioid analgesics have been suggested to offer similar pain control efficacy with fewer adverse effects...
- A phase II study of hydrocodone for cough in advanced cancerJade Homsi
Harry R Horvitz Center for Palliative Medicine a World Health Organization demonstration project in palliative medicine, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Ohio, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 19:49-56. 2002Cough is a common symptom in advanced cancer. The use of hydrocodone as an antitussive has not been studied previously in this setting. This study evaluates hydrocodone for cough in advanced cancer
- CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 involvement in the primary oxidative metabolism of hydrocodone by human liver microsomesMark R Hutchinson
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia, 5005
Br J Clin Pharmacol 57:287-97. 2004To determine the Michaelis-Menten kinetics of hydrocodone metabolism to its O- and N-demethylated products, hydromorphone and norhydrocodone, to determine the individual cytochrome p450 enzymes involved, and to predict the in vivo ..
- Simultaneous determination of codeine, morphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and 6-acetylmorphine in urine, serum, plasma, whole blood, and meconium by LC-MS-MSRebecka Coles
ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, ARUP Laboratories Inc, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
J Anal Toxicol 31:1-14. 2007..The six opiates included are codeine, morphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and 6-acetylmorphine (6-AM)...
- GC-MS confirmation of codeine, morphine, 6-acetylmorphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and oxymorphone in urineR Meatherall
Department of Biochemistry, St Boniface General Hospital, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Anal Toxicol 23:177-86. 1999A procedure for the simultaneous confirmation of codeine, morphine, 6-acetylmorphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and oxymorphone in urine specimens by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) is described...
- Dental therapeutic practice patterns in the U.S. II. Analgesics, corticosteroids, and antibioticsPaul A Moore
Oral Health Science Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, USA
Gen Dent 54:201-7; quiz 208, 221-2. 2006..The centrally acting analgesic prescribed most frequently was the combination formulation of hydrocodone with acetaminophen, selected by 64.0% of the respondents...
- Patient-controlled ropivacaine analgesia after arthroscopic subacromial decompressionGregory P Harvey
Sports Medicine Service, Department of Orthopedics, USA
Arthroscopy 20:451-5. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of a subacromial patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) infusion of 0.2% ropivacaine versus saline for postoperative pain control following arthroscopic shoulder surgery...
- Trends and geographic variation of opiate medication use in state Medicaid fee-for-service programs, 1996 to 2002Judy T Zerzan
HSR and D Department of Veterans Affairs, Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Med Care 44:1005-10. 2006..This study describes temporal and interstate variability in aggregate prescription opiate medication use within U.S. Medicaid programs...
- The availability of web sites offering to sell opioid medications without prescriptionsRobert F Forman
Medical Affairs Alkermes, Inc, 88 Sidney St, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1233-8. 2006..This study was designed to determine the availability of web sites offering to sell opioid medications without prescriptions...
- Therapeutic opioids: a ten-year perspective on the complexities and complications of the escalating use, abuse, and nonmedical use of opioidsLaxmaiah Manchikanti
Pain Management Center of Paducah, KY 42003, USA
Pain Physician 11:S63-88. 2008..6% of the world's population, have been consuming 80% of the global opioid supply, and 99% of the global hydrocodone supply, as well as two-thirds of the world's illegal drugs...
- Efficacy of ibuprofen-hydrocodone for the treatment of postoperative pain after periodontal surgeryJames W Betancourt
Mayo Clinic, Department of Dental Specialties, Rochester, MN, USA
J Periodontol 75:872-6. 2004..The purpose of this study was to compare an alternative combination of ibuprofen 400 mg with 5 mg of hydroxycodone to ibuprofen 400 mg used alone in the management of pain following periodontal surgery...
- Zolpidem reduces postoperative pain, fatigue, and narcotic consumption following knee arthroscopy: a prospective randomized placebo-controlled double-blinded studyRobert Z Tashjian
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
J Knee Surg 19:105-11. 2006..All groups received postoperative hydrocodone and ibuprofen...
- Hydrocodone/acetaminophen and tramadol chlorhydrate combination tablets for the management of chronic cancer pain: a double-blind comparative trialRene Fernando Rodriguez
Universidad Libre de Cali, Cali, Valle, Colombia
Clin J Pain 24:1-4. 2008The purpose of this study was to compare the analgesic efficacy and tolerability of opioids hydrocodone and tramadol in the relief of cancer pain.
- Overriding the blockade of antinociceptive actions of opioids in rats treated with extended-release naltrexoneReginald L Dean
Department of Life Sciences and Toxicology, Alkermes, Inc, 88 Sidney St, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 89:515-22. 2008..In naïve rats, 15 mg/kg morphine, 0.1 mg/kg fentanyl and 8 mg/kg hydrocodone produced MRL...
- Trends in abuse of Oxycontin and other opioid analgesics in the United States: 2002-2004Theodore J Cicero
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Pain 6:662-72. 2005..The prevalence of abuse was rank ordered as follows: OxyContin >or= hydrocodone > other oxycodone > methadone > morphine > hydromorphone > fentanyl > buprenorphine...
- Postoperative epidural morphine for postpartum tubal ligation analgesiaR Jay L Marcus
Department of Anesthesiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 251 E Huron, F 5 704, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Anesth Analg 101:876-81, table of contents. 2005..Postoperatively, ibuprofen 600 mg was administered every 6 h and patients could request acetaminophen 325 mg/hydrocodone 10 mg. The primary outcome variable was time to first request for supplemental analgesia...
- Drug therapy in dental practice: nonopioid and opioid analgesicsDaniel E Becker
Sinclair Community College, Dayton, Ohio, USA
Anesth Prog 52:140-9. 2005..The clinician can and should develop a variety of effective, safe analgesic regimens, based on estimates of anticipated pain intensity that use sound pharmacological principles...
- Preoperative "fentanyl challenge" as a tool to estimate postoperative opioid dosing in chronic opioid-consuming patientsJennifer J Davis
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah Medical Center, 30 North 1900 East, Room 3C 444, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Anesth Analg 101:389-95, table of contents. 2005..A preoperative fentanyl challenge used with pharmacokinetic simulations may be a useful tool to individualize the administration of analgesics to chronically opioid-consuming patients...
- Post-tonsillectomy pain management in children: can we do better?Jolene D Bean-Lijewski
Department of Anesthesiology, Scott and White Memorial Hospital, Temple, TX 76508, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:545-51. 2007..This study tests the hypothesis that rofecoxib improves pain scores in children for 72 hours post-tonsillectomy when compared to hydrocodone with acetaminophen elixir.
- In-ServiceKeith Wrenn
Ann Emerg Med 45:675. 2005
- Trials and tribulations: current challenges in conducting clinical trialsLillian S Kao
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Box 356410, 1959 NE Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98125, USA
Arch Surg 138:59-62. 2003..This article describes the difficulties encountered at a single institution participating in a multicenter drug study and reviews the challenges involved in developing a high-quality randomized controlled study...
- Comparison of oxycodone and hydrocodone for the treatment of acute pain associated with fractures: a double-blind, randomized, controlled trialCatherine A Marco
Acute Care Services, St Vincent Mercy Medical Center, 2213 Cherry Street, Toledo, OH 43608 2591
Acad Emerg Med 12:282-8. 2005Previous studies have demonstrated the efficacy of oxycodone and hydrocodone for the treatment of acute pain...
- When the walls come tumbling down: a pathway to addictionPeter N Cannon
Dentists Concerned for Dentists
Northwest Dent 84:29-30. 2005
- Undiagnosed Graves' Disease contributing to sleep disordered breathing in a child undergoing adenotonsillectomyAdebisi M Ajala
Paediatr Anaesth 18:358-9. 2008
- Rational use of analgesic combinationsJames C Phero
University of Cincinnati Physicians Pain Center, Anesthesia Department, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Post Office Box 670531, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0531, USA
Dent Clin North Am 46:691-705. 2002..The clinician can and should develop a variety of effective, safe analgesic regimens based on estimates of anticipated pain intensity that apply sound pharmacologic principles...
- Resolution of an oral ulcer secondary to acetaminophen/hydrocodone withdrawalRamesh Balasubramaniam
Orofacial Pain Center, College of Dentistry and Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Gen Dent 55:441-4. 2007Acetaminophen/hydrocodone is a common non-opioid/opioid analgesic indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe pain...
- The epidemiologic association between opioid prescribing, non-medical use, and emergency department visitsAngela M Wisniewski
University at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences Department of Family Medicine, Family Medicine Research Institute, 462 Grider Street, Room CC 191, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
J Addict Dis 27:1-11. 2008..Since the 1990s prescriptions for and the non-medical use of opioids have increased. This study examines associations between opioid prescribing, non-medical use, and emergency department (ED) visits...
- Propoxyphene prescribing among populations older and younger than age 65 in a tertiary care hospitalSarah Singh
Lubbock State School, Texas, USA
Consult Pharm 22:141-8. 2007..To evaluate the proportion of patients aged 65 years and older who are prescribed propoxyphene (PP) versus those aged 65 and younger...
- Internet-based survey of nonmedical prescription opioid use in the United StatesNathaniel Katz
Inflexxion Inc, Newton, MA 02464, USA
Clin J Pain 24:528-35. 2008..An Internet-based survey of nonmedical opioid users visiting informational drug websites was used to measure rates of nonmedical use and characterize users...
- Effect of narcotic pain reliever on pulp tests in womenAnthony C Kardelis
Department of Surgical Specialties, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry, Lincoln 68583 0757, USA
J Endod 28:537-9. 2002..Fifteen Caucasian women randomly were given an oral dose of 10 mg of hydrocodone/1000 mg of acetaminophen or placebo in a double-blind, cross-over design...
- Effect of cigarette smoking on serum hydrocodone levels in chronic pain patientsWilliam E Ackerman
J Ark Med Soc 104:19-21. 2007..Each group included: I, cigarette smokers; and II, non-smokers. Each patient received 0-40 mg/24hrs of hydrocodone as needed for pain relief for the duration of this four week study...
- The effect of FDA approval of a generic competitor to OxyContin (oxycodone HCl controlled-release) tablets on the abuse of oxycodoneJ Elise Bailey
Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, Denver Health, CO, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:182-7. 2006..We evaluated the effect of FDA approval of generic CR oxycodone on the misuse/abuse of oxycodone, hydrocodone, methadone and morphine utilizing data from eight poison control centers (PCC)...
- Relationship between therapeutic use and abuse of opioid analgesics in rural, suburban, and urban locations in the United StatesTheodore J Cicero
Washington University School of Medicine, MO, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:827-40. 2007..The goal of these studies was to determine the relationship between prescribed use of opioid analgesics and their non-medically related use (abuse) at a regional level across the country...
- Acetaminophen, aspirin, or Ibuprofen in combination analgesic productsR L Barkin
The Rush Pain Center, Rush Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, 1653 West Congress Parkway, Suite 550, Chicago, IL 60612-3833
Am J Ther 8:433-42. 2001..Patient-specific cautions are presented for opiate/opioid combinations, codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and propoxyphene, and there is a discussion of COX I/COX II agents.
- The development of a comprehensive risk-management program for prescription opioid analgesics: researched abuse, diversion and addiction-related surveillance (RADARS)Theodore J Cicero
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Pain Med 8:157-70. 2007..Thus, its major focus was the detection of abuse of OxyContin and other commonly prescribed opioid analgesics at the three-digit ZIP code level across the country utilizing a number of different detection systems...
- Challenges of fragmented care in long-term management of pelvic painBarbara S Apgar
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Fam Pract 56:S20-1. 2007
- Incidence of weak opioids adverse events in the management of cancer pain: a double-blind comparative trialRene Fernando Rodriguez
Department of Palliative Medicine, Universidad Libre, Calle 59 Norte no 3E63, Paseo de la Flora, Las Acacias Casa 3, Seccional Cali, Cali, Valle, Colombia
J Palliat Med 10:56-60. 2007With the objective of comparing incidence of adverse events of the opioids codeine, hydrocodone, and tramadol in the relief of cancer pain, we conducted a randomized controlled trial in which patients with cancer were randomly assigned ..
- Cognitive and motor function after administration of hydrocodone bitartrate plus ibuprofen, ibuprofen alone, or placebo in healthy subjects with exercise-induced muscle damage: a randomized, repeated-dose, placebo-controlled studyGeorge J Allen
Department of Psychology, U 1020, University of Connecticut, 406 Babbidge Road, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 166:228-33. 2003Medications combining hydrocodone bitartrate and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents appear more beneficial than anti-inflammatory medications alone in treating pain and inflammation from acute soft tissue trauma, but opiate side ..
- I am following a health care professional who, I think, has a drug problemGary Carr
J Miss State Med Assoc 44:10-1. 2003
- The synergistic analgesic interactions between hydrocodone and ibuprofenYuri A Kolesnikov
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Anesth Analg 97:1721-3. 2003..Using the mouse radiant heat tail-flick nociception model, we observed potent analgesia with hydrocodone. In contrast, ibuprofen as a single drug was inactive in this model of moderate to severe pain, perhaps ..
- Correlates of nonmedical use of hydromorphone and hydrocodone:results from a national household surveyMeredith Y Smith
Purdue Pharma L P, One Stamford Forum, Stamford, CT 06901 3431, USA
J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 21:5-17. 2007..use of oral immediate-release hydromorphone (marketed under the brand name of Dilaudid), versus that of hydrocodone combination products using a nationally representative sample of the civilian noninstitutionalized United ..
- Integrating nine prescription opioid analgesics and/or four signal detection systems to summarize statewide prescription drug abuse in the United States in 2007Michael F Schneider
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:778-90. 2009..Integrate statewide rankings of abuse across different drugs and/or signal detection systems to summarize prescription drug abuse in each state in 2007...
- Anticholinergic activity of 107 medications commonly used by older adultsMarci L Chew
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Geriatric Psychopharmacology Laboratory, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1333-41. 2008..celecoxib, cephalexin, diazepam, digoxin, diphenoxylate, donepezil, duloxetine, fentanyl, furosemide, hydrocodone, lansoprazole, levofloxacin, metformin, phenytoin, propoxyphene, and topiramate demonstrated AA only at the ..
- An evaluation of the diagnostic accuracy of liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry versus immunoassay drug testing in pain patientsAmadeo Pesce
Millennium Laboratories Research Institute, San Diego, CA 92127, USA
Pain Physician 13:273-81. 2010..Because clinical use of pain medications is different from illicit drug use, there is a need to evaluate the level of diagnostic accuracy of this procedure for the pain patient...
- A comparative evaluation of the instant-view 5-panel test card with OnTrak TesTcup Pro 5: comparison with gas chromatography-mass spectrometryDavid E Moody
Center for Human Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, 417 Wakara Way, Suite 2111, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Anal Toxicol 30:50-6. 2006..TesTcup had low cross-reactivity for samples with amphetamine only and hydrocodone and/or hydromorphone; it also had more cross-reactivity towards (i.e., false positives) sympathomimetic amines...
- Effects of selected antihypertensives and analgesics on hepatic porphyrin accumulation: implications for clinical porphyriaR W Lambrecht
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 58:887-96. 1999..Among the analgesics tested, fentanyl and tramadol produced the highest porphyrin accumulations. Nalbuphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and dezocine were moderately or weakly porphyrogenic, whereas buprenorphine and morphine did not ..
- Comparison of an automated and point-of-care immunoassay to GC-MS for urine oxycodone testing in the clinical laboratoryChristine A Haller
Department of Medicine and Laboratory Medicine, University of California San Francisco, Box 1220, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Anal Toxicol 30:106-11. 2006..The POC assay had two false positives and 15 indeterminate (+/-) results. Codeine or hydrocodone was present in all but one of these samples...
- Identification and quantitation of amphetamines, cocaine, opiates, and phencyclidine in oral fluid by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryDean Fritch
OraSure Technologies, Research and Development, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
J Anal Toxicol 33:569-77. 2009..pseudoephedrine, cocaine, benzoylecgonine, codeine, norcodeine, 6-acetylcodeine, morphine, 6-acetylmorphine, hydrocodone, norhydrocodone, dihydrocodeine, hydromorphone, oxycodone, noroxycodone, oxymorphone, and phencyclidine...
- Evidence of morphine metabolism to hydromorphone in pain patients chronically treated with morphineEdward J Cone
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Anal Toxicol 30:1-5. 2006Minor metabolic pathways in human subjects have been shown to exist for the conversion of codeine to hydrocodone but have not been reported for the metabolic conversion of morphine to hydromorphone...
- Gateways to clinical trialsM Bayes
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 24:371-91. 2002..FTY-720, fulvestrant; Gabapentin, galantamine hydrobromide, ganciclovir, gemcitabine, glatiramer acetate; Hydrocodone bitartrate; Interferon beta, interferon beta-1a, interferon beta-1b, ipratropium bromide; Ketotifen; Lamivudine,..
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy in a professional American wrestlerBennet I Omalu
San Joaquin General Hospital, French Camp, California, USA
J Forensic Nurs 6:130-6. 2010..ventricular hypertrophy, and bilateral atrioventricular dilatation; toxicologic analyses showed alprazolam and hydrocodone in the blood, and evidence of exogenous testosterone in the urine...
- Purification and characterization of morphinone reductase from Pseudomonas putida M10C E French
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Cambridge, U K
Biochem J 301:97-103. 1994..reductase from Pseudomonas putida M10 catalyses the reduction of morphinone and codeinone to hydromorphone and hydrocodone respectively...
- Bactrian ("double hump") acetaminophen pharmacokinetics: a case series and review of the literatureRobert G Hendrickson
Oregon Poison Center, Portland, OR 97210, USA
J Med Toxicol 6:337-44. 2010..A 38-year-old woman ingested 2 g hydrocodone/65 g acetaminophen...
- Urine drug testing of chronic pain patients. II. Prevalence patterns of prescription opiates and metabolitesRebecca Heltsley
Aegis Sciences Corporation, 515 Great Circle Road, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Anal Toxicol 34:32-8. 2010..by LC-MS-MS [limit of quantitation (LOQ) = 50 ng/mL] for 10 opiate analytes (codeine, norcodeine, morphine, hydrocodone, dihydrocodeine, norhydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, noroxycodone, and oxymorphone)...
- Effects of the NOP receptor agonist Ro65-6570 on the acquisition of opiate- and psychostimulant-induced conditioned place preference in ratsKris Rutten
Grunenthal GmbH, Global Preclinical Research and Development, Department of Pharmacology, Zieglerstrasse 6, 52078 Aachen, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 645:119-26. 2010..1-3.16 mg/kg i.p.), morphine (1-10mg/kg i.p.), hydrocodone (0.316-10mg/kg i.p.), tilidine (1-31.6 mg/kg i.p.), hydromorphone (0.1-10mg/kg i.p.), and oxycodone (0...
- Simultaneous quantitation of opioids in blood by GC-EI-MS analysis following deproteination, detautomerization of keto analytes, solid-phase extraction, and trimethylsilyl derivatizationJeri D Ropero-Miller
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Anal Toxicol 26:524-8. 2002Seven opioid analytes including codeine, morphine, 6-acetylmorphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and oxymorphone were detected in postmortem blood (n > 1000)...
- Detecting signals of opioid analgesic abuse: application of a spatial mixed effect poisson regression model using data from a network of poison control centersMeredith Y Smith
Purdue Pharma LP, Stamford, CT, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:1050-9. 2008..To assist pharmacovigilance efforts, we developed a methodology for detecting geo-specific "signals" of potential outbreaks of prescription drug abuse by 3-digit ZIP (3DZ) code...
- Simultaneous analysis of thebaine, 6-MAM and six abused opiates in postmortem fluids and tissues using Zymark automated solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometryR J Lewis
Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, Federal Aviation Administration, Forensic Toxicology Research Laboratory, AAM 610, P O Box 25082, Oklahoma City, OK 73125, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 822:137-45. 2005..These compounds are hydrocodone, dihydrocodeine, codeine, oxycodone, hydromorphone, 6-monoacetylmorphine, morphine, and thebaine...
- Evaluation of the usefulness of an oxycodone immunoassay in combination with a traditional opiate immunoassay for the screening of opiates in urineMarie Gingras
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Anal Toxicol 34:78-83. 2010..The GC-MS allowed us to detect codeine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, morphine, oxycodone, and oxymorphone following enzymatic hydrolysis and derivation by ..
- Opioid toxicity recurrence after an initial response to naloxoneW A Watson
University of Missouri Kansas City Truman Medical Center, 64108, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 36:11-7. 1998..To determine the frequency and potential predictors of opioid toxicity recurrence after a response to naloxone in adult Emergency Department patients...
- Hair analysis for opiates: evaluation of washing and incubation proceduresM A Balíková
First Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, Charles University in Prague, Katerinska 32, 121 08 2, Prague, Czech Republic
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 789:93-100. 2003..of the hair matrix were evaluated and the relative recoveries for morphine, codeine, dihydrocodeine and hydrocodone were compared...
- Determination of illicit drugs and related substances by high-performance liquid chromatography with an electrochemical coulometric-array detectorG Achilli
EuroService srl, Parabiago, Italy
J Chromatogr A 729:273-7. 1996..3,4-methylenedioxymetamphetamine, buprenorphin, cocaine, codeine, dihydrocodeine, ethylmorphine, heroin, hydrocodone, lidocaine, methadone, morphine, naloxone, procaine and thebaine) was developed using reversed-phase HPLC and ..
- Analgesics for acute pain: Meeting the United States Food and Drug Administration's requirements for proof of efficacyDerry Ridgway
Lineberry Research Associates, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Clin J Pain 20:123-32. 2004..To examine the United States Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) standards for reviews of the scientific basis for efficacy claims for newly approved oral analgesics...
- Utilization of pharmacogenomics and therapeutic drug monitoring for opioid pain managementPaul J Jannetto
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, WI 53226, USA
Pharmacogenomics 10:1157-67. 2009....
- Prescription opioid use in the rural Appalachia: a community-based studyJennifer R Havens
Center on Drug and Alcohol Research, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
J Opioid Manag 4:63-71. 2008..The purpose of this study is to describe the sample characteristics and methods for a study of rural medical and nonmedical prescription opioid users with a history of OxyContin use...
- Costs of gastrointestinal events after outpatient opioid treatment for non-cancer painWinghan Jacqueline Kwong
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Services, LLC, Raritan, NJ, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:630-40. 2010..Gastrointestinal (GI) adverse effects are common with oral opioid treatment...
- Epidemiological trends in abuse and misuse of prescription opioidsHenry Spiller
Kentucky Regional Poison Center, Louisville, KY 40232 5070, USA
J Addict Dis 28:130-6. 2009..social, geographic, and demographic factors and cases of select scheduled drugs (buprenorphine, fentanyl, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, morphine, methadone, and oxycodone) using the Researched Abuse, Diversion and Addiction-Related ..
- GC-MS analysis of multiply derivatized opioids in urineBud Gen Chen
Department of Medical Technology, Fooyin University, Kaohsiung Hsien 831 02, Taiwan
J Mass Spectrom 42:1012-23. 2007Opiates such as hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, noroxycodone, and oxymorphone reportedly may interfere with the analysis of morphine and codeine. The analysis of these compounds themselves also is an important issue...
- Treatment of the common coldMadeline Simasek
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am Fam Physician 75:515-20. 2007..Codeine has not been shown to effectively treat cough caused by the common cold. Although hydrocodone is widely used and has been shown to effectively treat cough caused by other conditions, the drug has not been ..
- Therapeutic use, abuse, and nonmedical use of opioids: a ten-year perspectiveLaxmaiah Manchikanti
Pain Management Center of Paducah, Paducah, KY, USA
Pain Physician 13:401-35. 2010..6% of the world's population, have been consuming 80% of the global opioid supply, and 99% of the global hydrocodone supply, as well as two-thirds of the world's illegal drugs...
- Relationship of unemployment rate and rate of opiate exposure in KentuckyDiana J Gascon
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 41:99-102. 2009..Opioid analgesic abuse, particularly with Oxycontin and hydrocodone, has increased in the past years...
- Carisoprodol withdrawal syndromeRoy R Reeves
G V Sonny Montgomery VA Medical Center, School of Medicine, University of Mississippi, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Pharmacotherapy 24:1804-6. 2004A 43-year-old man with chronic back and shoulder pain was treated with hydrocodone. He began taking excessive amounts of the drug, so his physicians stopped prescribing it...
- Rhabdomyolysis associated with the nutritional supplement HydroxycutSarah Dehoney
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 66:142-8. 2009..A case of rhabdomyolysis associated with the use of Hydroxycut is reported...
- Persistent nonmalignant pain and analgesic prescribing patterns in elderly nursing home residentsAida B Won
Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged, Boston, Massachusetts 02131, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:867-74. 2004..To determine the prevalence of analgesics used, their prescribing patterns, and associations with particular diagnoses and medications in patients with persistent pain...
- Weak analgesics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents in the management of children with acute painJ D Tobias
Department of Pediatrics, University of Missouri, Columbia, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 47:527-43. 2000..pain, the NSAID salicylate or acetaminophen can be combined with a weak opioid, such as codeine, oxycodone, or hydrocodone. When using oral analgesics, factors that may interfere with effective analgesia include a child's refusal to ..
- Prevalence of side effects of prolonged low or moderate dose opioid therapy with concomitant benzodiazepine and/or antidepressant therapy in chronic non-cancer painLaxmaiah Manchikanti
Pain Management Center of Paducah, Paducah, KY, USA
Pain Physician 12:259-67. 2009..However, there is no data available on the prevalence of side effects associated with low or moderate dose opioid use in chronic non-cancer pain when administered in conjunction with interventional techniques...
- Septic sternoclavicular joint: a case reportRalph A Crisostomo
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 89:884-6. 2008..After discontinuation of prednisone and hydrocodone-acetaminophen that he had been receiving, the patient became febrile...
- Quantifying morbidity associated with the abuse and misuse of opioid analgesics: a comparison of two approachesMeredith Y Smith
Purdue Pharma L P, One Stamford Forum, Stamford, Connecticut 06901 3431, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 45:23-30. 2007..Due to the rising nonmedical use of opioid analgesics, methods are needed to quantify the associated health-related consequences...
- Acetaminophen ototoxicity after acetaminophen/hydrocodone abuse: evidence from two parallel in vitro mouse modelsJoshua G Yorgason
Division of Otolaryngology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 142:814-9, 819.e1-2. 2010Acetaminophen/hydrocodone, a commonly used analgesic preparation, has been linked to rapidly progressing sensorineural hearing loss in human patients...
- Licit &Illicit Opioids: Comparative Studies in HumansSharon L Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2013..epidemic by conducting a series of studies on the clinical pharmacology of the most widely abused opioids (hydrocodone, oxycodone and Oxycontin(R))...
- The Prescriber Opioid Risk Reduction Strategies (PORRS) StudyJeanine K Mount; Fiscal Year: 2013..Opioids of greatest concern (e.g., oxycodone, hydrocodone, methadone, morphine, codeine) are found in single- entity and combination drug products categorized as ..
- Characterization of the Role of mTOR Signaling in Opiate ActionMICHELLE SUZANNE MAZEI ROBISON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Given that the most highly prescribed drug in the U.S. in 2005 was an opiate, hydrocodone with acetaminophen, and that the non-prescription use has also increased, especially in adolescents where use ..
- 5HT3 Antagonists to Treat Opioid Withdrawal and to Prevent the Progression of PhyLAWRENCE F CHU; Fiscal Year: 2013..1 Currently, opioids are among the most common medications prescribed by physicians in the US2 and Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) -- with 100 million prescriptions in 2005 alone -- is the most commonly prescribed medication of ..
- The effects of acetaminophen on the rewarding properties of hydrocodone in ratsArbi Nazarian; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, many prescription opioid analgesics contain a combination of two compounds: an opioid agonist, such as hydrocodone, plus a non-narcotic analgesic, such as acetaminophen...
- BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS OF OPIOIDS IN VOLUNTEERSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2003..studies in normal volunteers, focusing on four oral drugs commonly used in outpatient settings: hydrocodone, oxycodone, propoxyphene, and tramadol...
- Understanding the Effects of Chronic Opioids Therapy in HumansLAWRENCE F CHU; Fiscal Year: 2013..Currently, opioids are among the most common medications prescribed by physicians in the US and Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) is the most prescribed medication of any category...
- Novel drug combinations for the management of painKENNETH NARDUCY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Combinations of acetaminophen with opioids (i.e., hydrocodone, codeine) are frequently prescribed for acute and chronic pain management...
- Mechanism of Opiate Induced Audiovestibular DysfunctionGail Ishiyama; Fiscal Year: 2006..Profound bilateral deafness requiring cochlear implantation secondary to chronic high dose use of acetaminophen/hydrocodone has been reported by our Neurotology Clinic...
- Development of SCP-1/opioid combinations for painKENNETH NARDUCY; Fiscal Year: 2003Combinations of acetaminophen with opioids (i.e., hydrocodone, codeine) are frequently prescribed for acute and chronic pain management...
- OPIATE ENDOCRINE INTERACTIONS--DEVELOPMENTAL ASPECTSTHEODORE CICERO; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed animal studies could establish whether gender differences exist and if these differences are based on inherent, first-order biological differences between the sexes. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Inattention in AustraliaTHEODORE CICERO; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be at a marked cost savings due to the employment of existing well-characterized samples and the long history of collaborative studies between investigators from Australia and the United States. ..
- Abuse-Related Effects of Opioids and Adjuvant Drug Used by Chronic Pain PatientsJames P Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., muscle relaxant B) would be the preferred drug to prescribe when treating chronic nonmalignant pain patients. ..
- CHARACTERIZING PSYCHOACTIVE EFFECTS OF INHALANTSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2004..In short, in our two proposed series of studies, we are developing a human laboratory model of inhalant abuse by studying potential determinants of abuse liability of inhalants (volatile and gaseous) in healthy volunteers. ..
- BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS OF OPIOIDS IN VOLUNTEERSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2009..doses of different opioids within the same study and within the same individual (Study 1: oxycodone versus hydrocodone;Study 2: oxycodone versus morphine)...
- Screening and Brief Advice to Reduce Teen Substance UseJohn Knight; Fiscal Year: 2008..An effective brief intervention could be widely implemented in primary care practices that serve adolescents, and would be of enormous public health significance across the U.S. ..
- Evaluation of Atomoxetine for Cocaine Dependence: A Pilot TrialSharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will provide preliminary safety and efficacy data on the potential utility of atomoxetine and determine whether a larger-scale evaluation is warranted. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Research Training in Geriatric Mood DisordersDan Blazer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Students will be paired with a single mentor who will guide them in undertaking a focused research project. Findings will be presented at a National meeting. ..
- Evaluation of Novel Treatments for Stimulant DependenceSharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Long-term Opioid Management of Chronic Pain: Trends and RisksMichael Von Korff; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will extend these analyses by studying the effects of long-term opioid therapy on other adverse events including: all-cause and opioid-related hospitalization;opioid overdose;and onset of recognized mood disorder. ..
- Neuropharmacology of Tramadol: Clinical Efficacy and Abuse PotentialWILLIAM WALTON STOOPS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Developing analgesics with reduced abuse potential may reduce the prevalence of prescription opioid misuse and subsequent opioid use disorders. ..
- Understanding the Scope and Magnitude of Prescription Drug DiversionSteven P Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- New Neural Targets for Opioid Use Disorders: Human StudiesSharon L Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, these studies, conducted in healthy humans, will provide fundamental information regarding the potential for this system as a target for development of new treatment agents for opioid use disorders. ..
- ORAL HEALTH OF OLDER TYPE 1 DIABETIC PATIENTSPaul Moore; Fiscal Year: 2003..This overall plan will permit us to understand the etiology of these complications and to define specific subpopulations and risk factors appropriate for future prospective oral health prevention and intervention trials. ..
- Academic Career Award in Adolescent Alcohol AbuseJohn Knight; Fiscal Year: 2008..Dr. Knight's background in teaching and training, and established relationships with national organizations, will help ensure the widest possible dissemination of his research findings. ..
- Depression-Diabetes Care Disparities, Adverse OutcomesMichael Von Korff; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3: Set priorities for integrated services - We will assess criteria relevant to priorities for integrated management of diabetes, depression and associated behavioral risk factors. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- APOE QUALITY OF LIFE AND MEDICAL COSTS IN LATE LIFEDan Blazer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Cox proportional hazard, discrete time survival, and hierarchical linear modeling will be used according to the metric and distribution of the dependent variable. ..
- Microbiology/Immunology of Periodontal Disease in T1DMPaul Moore; Fiscal Year: 2002..An integrated multidisciplinary effort provides significant data collection capabilities essential for understanding the complex multifactorial etiology of periodontal disease in Type 1 diabetes. ..
- Antidepressant Use by Older AdultsDan Blazer; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also test hypotheses specific to individual domains in the larger model. ..
- COCAINE DEPENDENCE & PTSD: THE ROLE OF STRESS REACTIVITYSUDIE BACK; Fiscal Year: 2003..Careful study of the mechanistic link between stress, PTSD and cocaine dependence will inform existing theoretical models and may improve prevention and intervention efforts for this challenging patient population. ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF COMBINED EPHEDRINE/CAFFEINE SUPPLEMENTSChristine Haller; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term objective for the proposed studies is to develop Dr. Haller into an independent career clinical researcher in this field of study. ..
- IDENTIFYING ADOLESCENT ALCOHOL USE IN THE MEDICAL OFFICEJohn Knight; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this study will ultimately lead to the development and testing of a physician's guide to helping adolescent patients with alcohol/drug problems. ..
- Treatment of Fear and Pain in Irritable Bowel SyndromeBruce Naliboff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Integrated Care for Depression and Chronic Back PainMichael Von Korff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Medical Office Intervention for Adolescent Drug UseJohn Knight; Fiscal Year: 2008..An effective brief intervention for drug abuse could be widely implemented in settings where adolescents receive routine healthcare, and would be of enormous public health significance across the U.S. ..
- Sublingual Buprenorphine for Chronic Pain in Patients at Risk for Drug AbuseAndrew Rosenblum; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FURANOCOUMARINS AND DRUGS EFFECT ON CYP3A4Paul Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Hyperalgesia in Methadone Patients: Can it be Treated?Margaret Compton; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Social Role Disability and Mental-Physical Co-MorbidityMichael Von Korff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERS ANNUAL MEETINGPaul Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Factors in Drug DependenceSharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- THERAPEUTIC POTENTIAL OF KAPPA-OPIOIDS AGAINST COCAINESharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies are relevant to the treatment of cocaine abuse and may lead to the development of an effective pharmacotherapy, thereby, reducing the HIV and other health risks associated with cocaine abuse and intravenous drug abuse. ..
- PREVENTION FOR AT-RISK MEN: A MIXED SEROSTATUS APPROACHSteven Kurtz; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..