Genomes and Genes
Summary: A semisynthetic ergotamine alkaloid that is a dopamine D2 agonist. It suppresses prolactin secretion.
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Bromocriptine reduces obesity, glucose intolerance and extracellular monoamine metabolite levels in the ventromedial hypothalamus of Syrian hamstersS Luo
Ergo Science Corporation, Charlestown, Mass 02129, USA
Neuroendocrinology 68:1-10. 1998We examined whether reductions in body fat stores and insulin resistance in Syrian hamsters induced by bromocriptine are associated with reductions in daily norepinephrine (NE) and serotonin activities as indicated by their extracellular ..
- Striatal dopamine predicts outcome-specific reversal learning and its sensitivity to dopaminergic drug administrationRoshan Cools
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 29:1538-43. 2009..The D(2) receptor agonist bromocriptine improved reward-based relative to punishment-based reversal learning in subjects with low baseline dopamine ..
- microRNA expression profile and differentially-expressed genes in prolactinomas following bromocriptine treatmentChengde Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:1312-20. 2012Little is known about the function of microRNAs in prolactinomas treated with bromocriptine. The aim of the study was to explore the microRNAs associated with bromocriptine-treated prolactinomas...
- Individual capacity differences predict working memory performance and prefrontal activity following dopamine receptor stimulationSasha E B Gibbs
University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 5:212-21. 2005..Subjects performed a verbal delayed-recognition task after taking either the dopamine receptor agonist bromocriptine or a placebo...
- Bromocriptine methylate suppresses glial inflammation and moderates disease progression in a mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisKazunori Tanaka
NGP Biomedical Research Institute, Neugen Pharma Inc, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Exp Neurol 232:41-52. 2011..Using this system, we identified the dopamine D2 receptor agonist bromocriptine (BRC) as one of NAIP-upregulating compounds...
- Bromocriptine for the management of autonomic dysfunction after severe traumatic brain injuryR N Russo
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 36:283-5. 2000..A history of severe asthma in this child contraindicated the use of beta-blockers, the first line approach, and she was managed with bromocriptine (0.05 mg/kg t.d.s) with good effect.
- Circulating microparticles as indicators of peripartum cardiomyopathyKatrin Walenta
Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Kardiologie, Angiologie und Internistische Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg, Saar, Germany
Eur Heart J 33:1469-79. 2012..Inhibiting PRL peptide with bromocriptine has yielded promising results...
- Activation of dopamine D2 receptors simultaneously ameliorates various metabolic features of obese womenPetra Kok
Department of General Internal Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E1038-43. 2006..We studied the acute effects of bromocriptine (a D2R agonist) on energy metabolism in obese women; body weight and caloric intake remained constant...
- Bromocriptine administration reduces hyperphagia and adiposity and differentially affects dopamine D2 receptor and transporter binding in leptin-receptor-deficient Zucker rats and rats with diet-induced obesityLisa M Davis
Department of International Health, Center for Human Nutrition, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neuroendocrinology 89:152-62. 2009The dopamine (DA) D(2) receptor (D2R) agonist bromocriptine (BC) decreases body fat in animal and human models and increases lean muscle mass, improves glucose intolerance and insulin resistance, and reduces triglycerides and free fatty ..
- Bromocriptine markedly suppresses levodopa-induced abnormal increase of dopamine turnover in the parkinsonian striatumN Ogawa
Department of Neuroscience, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Medicine, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Neurochem Res 25:755-8. 2000b>Bromocriptine, a dopamine agonist, is commonly used in combination with levodopa for the treatment of Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Bromocriptine activates NQO1 via Nrf2-PI3K/Akt signaling: novel cytoprotective mechanism against oxidative damageJu Hee Lim
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Drug Development, Chonnam National University, 300 Yongbong Dong, Buk Gu, Gwangju 500 757, South Korea
Pharmacol Res 57:325-31. 2008..The dopamine agonist bromocriptine is used clinically for PD therapy...
- Modulation of inhibition of return by the dopamine D2 receptor agonist bromocriptine depends on individual DAT1 genotypeAriel Rokem
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Cereb Cortex 22:1133-8. 2012..examined the role of DA in involuntary attention and IOR by administering the DA D2 receptor-specific agonist bromocriptine to healthy human subjects...
- A comparison of bromocriptine & cabergoline on fertility outcome of hyperprolactinemic infertile women undergoing intrauterine inseminationShahdokht Motazedian
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Shiraz, Iran
Indian J Med Res 131:670-4. 2010The aim of this study was to compare the effects of bromocriptine versus cabergoline on pregnancy in hyperprolactinaemic infertile women.
- Bromocriptine treatment of invasive giant prolactinomas involving the cavernous sinus: results of a long-term follow upZhe Bao Wu
Department of Neurosurgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, People s Republic of China
J Neurosurg 104:54-61. 2006The aim of this study was to observe long-term clinical outcomes in a group of patients treated with bromocriptine for invasive giant prolactinomas involving the cavernous sinus.
- Bromocriptine--unique formulation of a dopamine agonist for the treatment of type 2 diabetesRichard Scranton
Veroscience LLC, 1334 Main Road, Tiverton, RI 02878, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:269-79. 2010..The quick-release formulation of bromocriptine (bromocriptine-QR; Cycloset) represents such a therapy.
- Cardiac angiogenic imbalance leads to peripartum cardiomyopathyIan S Patten
Cardiovascular Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 485:333-8. 2012..The data also explain how late pregnancy poses a threat to cardiac homeostasis, and why pre-eclampsia and multiple gestation are important risk factors for the development of PPCM...
- Bromocriptine treatment of systemic lupus erythematosusS E Walker
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Missouri Columbia, 65212, USA
Lupus 10:762-8. 2001Prolactin, a peptide hormone, acts as a cytokine. It has been hypothesized that bromocriptine, a dopamine analog that suppresses pituitary secretion of prolactin, suppresses circulating prolactin and, through this mechanism, has the ..
- A randomized, crossover comparison of herbal medicine and bromocriptine against risperidone-induced hyperprolactinemia in patients with schizophreniaHai Ning Yuan
Laboratory of Clinical Psychopharmacology, Beijing Anding Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:264-370. 2008..This study was designed to compare the herbal preparation called Peony-Glycyrrhiza Decoction (PGD) with bromocriptine (BMT), a dopamine agonist widely used for PRL-secreting disorders, in the treatment of risperidone-induced ..
- A functional MRI study of the effects of bromocriptine, a dopamine receptor agonist, on component processes of working memorySasha E B Gibbs
Henry H Wheeler Jr Brain Imaging Center, Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute and Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, 132 Barker Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 3190, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 180:644-53. 2005....
- A cathepsin D-cleaved 16 kDa form of prolactin mediates postpartum cardiomyopathyDenise Hilfiker-Kleiner
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, MHH, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Cell 128:589-600. 2007..Treatment with bromocriptine, an inhibitor of prolactin secretion, prevents the development of PPCM, whereas forced myocardial generation ..
- BMI and metabolic profile in patients with prolactinoma before and after treatment with dopamine agonistsCintia M Dos Santos Silva
Division of Endocrinology, Hospital Universitário Clementino Fraga Filho Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:800-5. 2011....
- Evaluation of bromocriptine in the treatment of acute severe peripartum cardiomyopathy: a proof-of-concept pilot studyKaren Sliwa
Hatter Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Anzio Rd, Observatory, Cape Town 7925, South Africa
Circulation 121:1465-73. 2010..We identified prolactin, mainly its 16-kDa angiostatic and proapoptotic form, as a key factor in PPCM pathophysiology. Previous reports suggest that bromocriptine may have beneficial effects in women with acute onset of PPCM.
- Resistance to cabergoline as compared with bromocriptine in hyperprolactinemia: prevalence, clinical definition, and therapeutic strategyA Di Sarno
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5256-61. 2001..consecutive de novo patients (28 macroadenoma, 44 microadenoma, 15 nontumoral hyperprolactinemia) treated with bromocriptine (BRC) for 24 months...
- Increased responsiveness to the hyperglycemic, hyperglucagonemic and hyperinsulinemic effects of circulating norepinephrine in ob/ob miceY Liang
Ergo Science Corp, N Andover, Massachusetts, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:698-704. 2001....
- Individualized high-dose cabergoline therapy for hyperprolactinemic infertility in women with micro- and macroprolactinomasMasami Ono
Department of Medicine II, Institute of Clinical Endocrinology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2672-9. 2010..However, the rate of cabergoline-induced pregnancy in women with prolactinoma remains unknown. Also unknown is whether cabergoline can control tumor growth and thereby achieve successful pregnancy in patients with macroprolactinomas...
- Improved short-term spatial memory but impaired reversal learning following the dopamine D(2) agonist bromocriptine in human volunteersM A Mehta
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 159:10-20. 2001..Studies in humans of cognitive effects of dopaminergic drugs have largely focused on tasks of working memory, with a few studies also examining executive function...
- Role of two efflux proteins, ABCB1 and ABCG2 in blood-brain barrier transport of bromocriptine in a murine model of MPTP-induced dopaminergic degenerationSarah Vautier
Department of Clinical Pharmacy EA 2706, University Paris Sud XI, Chatenay Malabry, France
J Pharm Pharm Sci 12:199-208. 2009..MPTP-induced dopaminergic degeneration is an experimental model commonly used to explore Parkinson's disease. Cerebral drug transport by ABC transporters in MPTP models has never been reported...
- Successful pregnancy after bromocriptine therapy in an anovulatory woman complicated with ovarian hyperstimulation caused by follicle-stimulating hormone-producing plurihormonal pituitary microadenomaYasutaka Murata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1988-93. 2003..Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging revealed a pituitary microadenoma. Daily administration of bromocriptine, a dopamine agonist, normalized the ovarian size, and the patient ovulated naturally...
- A 3-year randomized trial of ropinirole and bromocriptine in early Parkinson's disease. The 053 Study GroupA D Korczyn
Department of Neurology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Neurology 53:364-70. 1999To compare the long-term efficacy and safety of ropinirole with bromocriptine over 3 years in patients with early PD with limited or no previous dopaminergic therapy.
- Protective effects of baicalin against bromocriptine induced abortion in miceAi Tuan Ma
College of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural University of Hebei, Dingzhou City 073000, China
Am J Chin Med 37:85-95. 2009..Baicalin (at 10, 20, and 50 mg/kg BW respectively) was gavaged to bromocriptine-treated mice from gestation day (GD) 1 through GD 7...
- Dopamine D2 agonists, bromocriptine and quinpirole, increase MPP+ -induced toxicity in PC12 cellsKeith Chiasson
Department of Biochemistry and Groupe de Recherche en Neurosciences, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada
Neurotox Res 10:31-42. 2006..Using colorimetric assays, western blots and reverse transcriptase-PCR, we demonstrated that two D2 agonists, bromocriptine and quinpirole, consistently increased MPP+ -induced cytotoxicity in both differentiated and undifferentiated ..
- Galactorrhea and amenorrhea in burn patientsNavin Goyal
Department of General Surgery, LTM Medical College, Sion, Mumbai, India
Burns 34:825-8. 2008..Galactorrhea and/or amenorrhea, although uncommonly reported in post-burn patients, is a complex problem to treat. Patient is reluctant to volunteer history of these symptoms, unless asked specifically...
- Dopaminergic tone and obesity: an insight from prolactinomas treated with bromocriptineMirjana Doknic
Institute of Endocrinology, University Clinical Center, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Eur J Endocrinol 147:77-84. 2002..The objective of this study was to correlate changes in prolactin levels with leptin and body mass index (BMI) in patients with prolactinomas treated with the long-acting dopamine agonist bromocriptine (BC).
- The effect of selective sst1, sst2, sst5 somatostatin receptors agonists, a somatostatin/dopamine (SST/DA) chimera and bromocriptine on the "clinically non-functioning" pituitary adenomas in vitroA Gruszka
Chair of Endocrinology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Life Sci 78:689-93. 2006..The effects of native SST (SST-14), a SST/DA chimera (BIM-23A387) and a D(2)-dopamine receptor agonist bromocriptine (BC) were also examined...
- Caution in the use of bromocriptine in peripartum cardiomyopathyJames D Fett
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2083; author reply 2083-4. 2008
- Effect of bromocriptine on antipsychotic drug-induced hyperprolactinemia: eight-week randomized, single-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter studyMoon Soo Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 64:19-27. 2010The objective of the present study was to assess the efficacy and safety of bromocriptine treatment for patients with antipsychotic-drug-induced hyperprolactinemia in clinical practice.
- Impulse control disorder in a patient on long-term treatment with bromocriptine for a macroprolactinomaSravan Kumar Thondam
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, England and Department of Neurology and Neuropsychiatry, and Department of Neurosurgery, The Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Liverpool, England
Clin Neuropharmacol 36:170-2. 2013..We describe a young patient with severe, socially disruptive impulsivity manifesting with pathological gambling who had been on long-term bromocriptine therapy for a macroprolactinoma.
- Enhanced neuroprotective effect by combination of bromocriptine and Hypericum perforatum extract against MPTP-induced neurotoxicity in miceM Mohanasundari
Department of Zoology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamilnadu, India
J Neurol Sci 249:140-4. 2006The present study has been designed to evaluate the combined effect of bromocriptine (BRC) and Hypericum perforatum extract (HPE) on 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP)-induced Parkinson's disease in male Swiss Albino ..
- The dopamine receptor D2 agonist bromocriptine inhibits glucose-stimulated insulin secretion by direct activation of the alpha2-adrenergic receptors in beta cellsJ E de Leeuw van Weenen
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochem Pharmacol 79:1827-36. 2010Treatment with the dopamine receptor D2 (DRD2) agonist bromocriptine improves metabolic features in obese patients with type 2 diabetes by a still unknown mechanism...
- Bone modeling in bromocriptine-treated pregnant and lactating rats: possible osteoregulatory role of prolactin in lactationPanan Suntornsaratoon
Dept of Physiology, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E426-36. 2010..Herein, bone changes were investigated in rats treated with bromocriptine (Bromo), an inhibitor of pituitary PRL release, or Bromo+PRL at different reproductive phases, from mid-..
- Achievement of fertility in an infertile man with resistant macroprolactinoma using high-dose bromocriptine and a combination of human chorionic gonadotropin and an aromatase inhibitorZahra Heidari
Obesity Research Center, Research Institute for Endocrine Sciences, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
Endocr Pract 16:669-72. 2010To describe the achievement of fertility in an infertile man with a resistant macroprolactinoma by using high-dose bromocriptine and a combination of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and an aromatase inhibitor.
- Bromocriptine: its place in type 2 diabetes TxKaren R Sando
College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Fam Pract 60:E1-5. 2011Patients intolerant of other diabetes medications or requiring minimal A1c reduction may benefit from bromocriptine.
- Effect of bromocriptine-QR on glycemic control in subjects with uncontrolled hyperglycemia on one or two oral anti-diabetes agentsAaron I Vinik
Strelitz Diabetes Center and Neuroendocrine Unit, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Endocr Pract 18:931-43. 2012To investigate the effect of Bromocriptine-QR on glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes whose glycemia is poorly controlled on one or two oral anti-diabetes agents.
- Resistance to bromocriptine in prolactinomasI Pellegrini
, INSERM U 297, Marseille, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 69:500-9. 1989b>Bromocriptine therapy normalizes PRL secretion in most, but not all, patients with prolactinomas...
- Bromocriptine inhibits adipogenesis and lipogenesis by agonistic action on α2-adrenergic receptor in 3T3-L1 adipocyte cellsRajib Mukherjee
Department of Biotechnology, Daegu University, Kyungsan, Kyungbuk 712 714, Republic of Korea
Mol Biol Rep 40:3783-92. 2013The primary goals of the present study were to investigate the inhibitory effects of bromocriptine (BC) on adipogenesis and lipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocyte cells as well as to elucidate its molecular mechanism of action...
- Comparison of cabergoline and bromocriptine in patients with asymptomatic incidental hyperprolactinemia undergoing ICSI-ETMustafa Bahceci
Department of Infertility and Reproductive Medicine, Istanbul German Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 26:505-8. 2010..underwent COH and ICSI-ET, 239 were included in the study; 122 had been treated with cabergoline, and 117 with bromocriptine, during the COH...
- Somatostatin, retinoids, melatonin, vitamin D, bromocriptine, and cyclophosphamide in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients with low performance statusAchille Norsa
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Ospedale Maggiore Azienda Ospedaliera, Verona, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 21:68-73. 2006..In these patients, we have determined the survival, clinical benefits, and toxicity of a multidrug regimen, based on cyclophosphamide and biotherapeutical agents...
- Long-term efficacy of bromocriptine in macroprolactinomas and giant prolactinomas in menArijit Chattopadhyay
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Pituitary 8:147-54. 2005We prospectively analyzed presentations and long-term therapeutic responses to bromocriptine (BRC) in 29 newly diagnosed men with macroprolactinomas including 14 patients with 'giant prolactinoma'...
- Bromocriptine reverses P-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug resistance in tumor cellsNobuaki Shiraki
Department of Pharmacy, Kumamoto University Hospital, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:209-15. 2002..This study evaluated whether bromocriptine, a D2 dopaminergic receptor agonist, influenced anticancer drug cytotoxicity and P-gp activity in a P-gp-..
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia: long-lasting remission with combination of cyclophosphamide, somatostatin, bromocriptine, retinoids, melatonin, and ACTHMauro Todisco
Department of Medical Assistance Continuity, Asur Marche ZT 11, Grottamaŕe, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 24:353-5. 2009..with previously untreated progressive stage I Rai CCL, with a combination of cyclophosphamide, somatostatin, bromocriptine, retinoids, melatonin, and ACTH...
- Bromocriptine-induced coronary spasm caused acute coronary syndrome, which triggered its own clinical twin--Takotsubo syndromeShams Y-Hassan
Department of Cardiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Cardiology 119:1-6. 2011b>Bromocriptine-induced coronary spasm (BICS) causing myocardial infarction has been reported. Association between BICS and Takotsubo syndrome (TS) has not been described...
- Levodopa, bromocriptine and selegiline modify cardiovascular responses in Parkinson's diseaseT H Haapaniemi
Department of Neurology, University of Oulu, PL 5000, 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Neurol 247:868-74. 2000..work were measured prospectively in 60 untreated PD patients randomised to receive either levodopa (n = 20), bromocriptine (n = 20) or selegiline (n = 20) as their initial treatment...
- Bromocriptine reduces steatosis in obese rodent modelsLisa M Davis
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of International Health, Center for Human Nutrition, Baltimore, MD 21205 2179, USA
J Hepatol 45:439-44. 2006..b>Bromocriptine may have anti-obesity, insulin-sensitizing, lipolytic, and antioxidant properties...
- Therapeutic effect of bromocriptine together with the established treatment for hypertension in patients undergoing peritoneal dialysisOliva Mejía-Rodríguez
Coordinación de Educación e Investigación en Salud UMF N 80, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Morelia, Mich México
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 47:122-4. 2004
- Long-term follow-up of prolactinomas: normoprolactinemia after bromocriptine withdrawalVanessa Q Passos
Neuroendocrine Unit, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, 05403 000, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3578-82. 2002b>Bromocriptine (BRC) and other dopamine agonist drugs are the first-choice treatment for prolactinomas. However, the major disadvantage is the need for prolonged therapy...
- Positive prolactin response to bromocriptine in 2 patients with cabergoline-resistant prolactinomasPallavi Iyer
Department of Pediatrics, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Endocr Pract 17:e55-8. 2011To describe a positive prolactin response to bromocriptine treatment in 2 patients with cabergoline-resistant prolactinomas.
- Bromocriptine modulates P-glycoprotein functionS Orlowski
Section de Biophysique des Proteines et des Membranes, DBCM, CEA, Centre d Etudes de Saclay, Gif Yvette, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 244:481-8. 1998..We have tested the effects on P-gp function of bromocriptine (BCT), an ergot alkaloid known as a D2 dopaminergic receptor agonist...
- Bromocriptine induces parapoptosis as the main type of cell death responsible for experimental pituitary tumor shrinkageClaudia Mariela Palmeri
Centro de Microscopia Electronica, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 240:55-65. 2009b>Bromocriptine (Bc) produces pituitary tumoral mass regression which induces the cellular death that was classically described as apoptosis...
- Kinetics of bromocriptine release from microspheres: comparative analysis between different in vitro modelsC Nastruzzi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ferrara University, Italy
J Microencapsul 11:565-74. 1994..as model dosage form, the Parlodel LA, a recently marketed microsphere system especially designed for bromocriptine-controlled delivery...
- Effects of dopamine d2 receptor agonists in a pituitary transplantation-induced hyperprolactinaemia/anovulation model in ratsM Moro
Pharmacological Laboratories, Kissei Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, 4365-1 Kashiwabara, Hotaka-machi, Minamiazumi-gun, Nagano 399-8304, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 28:651-8. 2001..Terguride (0.1 mg/kg) and bromocriptine (10 mg/kg) also reduced serum prolactin concentrations at 1 and 3 days after administration...
- Dopamine agonist bromocriptine for the prevention of ovarian hyperstimulation syndromeDietmar Spitzer
IVF Centers Prof Zech, Salzburg, Austria
Fertil Steril 95:2742-4.e1. 2011The aim of this retrospective study is to investigate the frequency and severity of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and the pregnancy rate in a patient collective at risk who received bromocriptine treatment.
- Comparison of the effects of cabergoline and bromocriptine on prolactin levels in hyperprolactinemic patientsT Sabuncu
Harran University, Medical Faculty, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Intern Med 40:857-61. 2001OBJECTIVE: It is well known that bromocriptine has a suppressive effect on the prolactin release in hyperprolactinemic patients. But it also has some adverse effects...
- Bromocriptine induces regression of left ventricular hypertrophy in peritoneal dialysis patientsOliva Mejía-Rodríguez
Coordinación de Educación e Investigación en Salud, Unidad de Medicina Familiar Number 80, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Morelia, Mich
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 48:122-5. 2005..release, antagonizes aldosterone and down-regulates AT1 receptor numbers, suggesting that DA2 agonists, like bromocriptine (BEC) could regress LVH...
- Agentic extraversion modulates the cardiovascular effects of the dopamine D2 agonist bromocriptineJan Wacker
Faculty of Psychology, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Psychophysiology 43:372-81. 2006..A single dose of the dopamine D2 receptor agonist bromocriptine reduces blood pressure in healthy volunteers...
- Bromocriptine-responsive akinetic mutism following endoscopy for ventricular neurocysticercosis. Case report and review of the literatureThomas Psarros
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas, Southwestern School of Medicine, Dallas, Texas 75390 8855, USA
J Neurosurg 99:397-401. 2003..syndrome of akinetic mutism, but her condition improved after the administration of the dopaminergic agonist bromocriptine. This result indicates that a disruption in the ascending dopaminergic pathway involved in behavior formation ..
- Somatostatin, retinoids, melatonin, vitamin D, bromocriptine, and cyclophosphamide in chemotherapy-pretreated patients with advanced lung adenocarcinoma and low performance statusAchille Norsa
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Ospedale Maggiore Azienda Ospedaliera, Verona, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 22:50-5. 2007..In this study, we assessed the survival, clinical status, and toxicity of this multidrug regimen in chemotherapy-pretreated patients with advanced lung adenocarcinoma and low PS...
- Bromocriptine for control of hyperthermia in a patient with mixed autonomic hyperactivity after neurosurgery: a case reportSeong Hee Kang
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 27:965-8. 2012..An extensive evaluation of the sustained fever was conducted. Finally, the cause for MAHD was suspected, and the patient was successfully treated with bromocriptine for a month.
- A six-month multicentre, double-blind, bromocriptine-controlled study of the safety and efficacy of ropinirole in the treatment of patients with Parkinson's disease not optimally controlled by L-dopaE R Brunt
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Neural Transm 109:489-502. 2002To compare the safety and efficacy of ropinirole and bromocriptine as adjunct therapy in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD) not optimally controlled by L-dopa.
- Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma at advanced stage: a case successfully treated with cyclophosphamide plus somatostatin, bromocriptine, retinoids, and melatoninMauro Todisco
ASL 11, Local Health Department of National Health Service, Fermo, Italy
Am J Ther 14:113-5. 2007..Today, 18 months after the beginning of treatment, the patient is in complete remission. Treatment had very good tolerance, and the patient carried on at home doing his normal activities...
- Relapse of high-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma after autologous stem cell transplantation: a case successfully treated with cyclophosphamide plus somatostatin, bromocriptine, melatonin, retinoids, and ACTHMauro Todisco
ASL 11, Local Health Department of National Health Service, Fermo, Italy
Am J Ther 13:556-7. 2006..With a combination of cyclophosphamide, somatostatin, bromocriptine, retinoids, melatonin, and ACTH, we already reported 100% global response in 8 patients with relapse of low-..
- Cortical effects of bromocriptine, a D-2 dopamine receptor agonist, in human subjects, revealed by fMRID Y Kimberg
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 12:246-57. 2001..imaging (fMRI) to examine both task-specific and general changes in cortical activity associated with bromocriptine, a selective agonist for D-2 dopamine receptors...
- A bromocriptine-responsive corticotroph adenoma secreting alpha-MSH in a patient with Cushing's diseaseA C Hale
Department of Chemical Endocrinology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 28:215-23. 1988..disease had been successfully controlled, clinically and biochemically, by long term administration of bromocriptine. After selective adenomectomy, tumour tissue was investigated by a perfused isolated cell column technique...
- Treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus with bromocriptineS E Walker
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Lupus 10:197-202. 2001..Treatment of the mice with the prolactin-lowering dopamine agonist, bromocriptine, suppressed anti-DNA and prolonged life spans...
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and prolactinoma associationIrfan Yavasoglu
Adnan Menderes University Medical Faculty, Aydin, Turkey
Intern Med 48:611-3. 2009..Pituitary MRI showed 6x8 mm microadenoma at left half. Bromocriptine was started with 1.25 mg/day and increased to 5 mg/day...
- Bromocriptine reduces lipid peroxidation and enhances spatial learning and hippocampal neuron survival in a rodent model of focal brain traumaAnthony E Kline
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Neurotrauma 21:1712-22. 2004..The present study examined the neuroprotective effects of bromocriptine (BRO), a dopamine D2 receptor agonist with significant antioxidant properties, on cognition, histopathology, ..
- [Pathological gambling behavior in a patient with Parkinson's disease treated with levodopa and bromocriptine]J L Montastruc
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique du CHU de Toulouse, centre Midi Pyrénées de pharmacovigilance, de Pharmacoepidemiologie et d Informations sur le Medicament
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:441-3. 2003..This is the first case reported with bromocriptine. The main characteristics and the mechanism of this recently described and a unexpected, adverse drug reaction ..
- Contrasting effects of bromocriptine on learning of a partially baited radial arm maze task in the presence and absence of restraint stressB N Srikumar
Department of Neurophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore, India
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 193:363-74. 2007..The dopaminergic D(2) receptor agonist, bromocriptine, has been shown to modulate learning, and chronic stress is associated with dopaminergic dysfunction.
- Resolution of migraine following bromocriptine treatment of a prolactinoma (pituitary microadenoma)N Hartman
UCLA Department of Psychiatry, USA
Headache 35:430-1. 1995..Treatment of the prolactinoma with bromocriptine provided complete and lasting resolution of the migraine as well, suggesting a possible etiologic relationship ..
- Bromocriptine treatment in a murine Parkinson's model: ultrastructural evaluation after dopaminergic deafferentationMaria Rosa Avila-Costa
Department of Neuroscience, National University of Mexico, Iztacala, Mexico
Int J Neurosci 115:851-9. 2005The objective of this article was to identify the effects of bromocriptine on the ultrastructure of the caudate nucleus in rats with a 6-hydroxidopamine (6-OHDA) unilateral lesion of the substantia nigra pars compacta...
- Dopaminergic challenge with bromocriptine one month after mild traumatic brain injury: altered working memory and BOLD responseThomas W McAllister
Section of Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 23:277-86. 2011..healthy controls (HC) and 26 individuals with mild TBI (MTBI) 1 month after injury were challenged with bromocriptine versus placebo before administration of a verbal WM functional MRI task...
- Mood states and disease activity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus treated with bromocriptineS E Walker
Specialty Care Service Line, Harry S Truman Memorial Veterans Hospital, Columbia, MO, USA
Lupus 9:527-33. 2000..mood states in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) treated with the prolactin-lowering drug, bromocriptine. Bromocriptine was given to seven patients in an open-label study to test its effects on active SLE...
- Towards a cross-species pharmacology of sensorimotor gating: effects of amantadine, bromocriptine, pergolide and ropinirole on prepulse inhibition of acoustic startle in ratsN R Swerdlow
Department of Psychiatry, UCSD School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093 0804, USA
Behav Pharmacol 9:389-96. 1998....
- Dopamine D2 receptor stimulation inhibits angiotensin II-induced hypertrophy in cultured neonatal rat ventricular myocytesHong Li
Department of Pathophysiology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:312-8. 2009..Therefore, the effects of the D2 receptor agonist bromocriptine and the D2 receptor antagonist haloperidol on angiotensin (Ang) II- or endothelin (ET)-1-induced hypertrophy ..
- Antiparkinsonian drug-induced sleepiness: a double-blind placebo-controlled study of L-dopa, bromocriptine and pramipexole in healthy subjectsJoelle Micallef
Clinical Investigation Centre CIC UPCET and Department of Clinical Pharmacology, UMR CNRS 6193 Institute of Cognitive Neurosciences, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 67:333-40. 2009..To assess the sleepiness induced by pramipexole, a D2/D3-dopamine receptor agonist commonly used in Parkinson's disease and restless legs syndrome, without the problem of the confounding factors related to the disease...
- Influence of chronic bromocriptine and levodopa administration on cerebral type 1 cannabinoid receptor bindingCindy Casteels
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Synapse 64:617-23. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the in vivo effect of the commonly used antiparkinsonian drugs, levodopa (L-DOPA) and bromocriptine, on type 1 cannabinoid (CB1) receptors, using the PET radioligand [(18)F]MK-9470.
- Mixed neuronal-glial tumor of the fourth ventricle and successful treatment of postoperative mutism with bromocriptine: case reportJun ichi Adachi
Department of Neurosurgery, Saitama Medical School, Saitama 350 0495, Japan
Surg Neurol 63:375-9. 2005..We describe the clinicopathologic features of a very rare rosette-forming glioneuronal tumor of the fourth ventricle and propose bromocriptine as a useful therapeutic agent for cerebellar mutism after posterior fossa surgery.
- Alterations in striatal neuropeptide mRNA produced by repeated administration of L-DOPA, ropinirole or bromocriptine correlate with dyskinesia induction in MPTP-treated common marmosetsB C Tel
Neurodegenerative Disease Research Centre, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College, SE1 1UL, London, UK
Neuroscience 115:1047-58. 2002..induces marked dyskinesia while repeated administration of equivalent antiparkisonian doses of ropinirole and bromocriptine produces only mild involuntary movements...
- Repeated stimulation of D-1 dopamine receptors increases the circling response to bromocriptine in rats with a 6-OHDA lesionC Rouillard
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 157:125-33. 1988..of a specific D-1 agonist, (SKF 38393), on circling behaviour in response to a specific D-2 agonist (bromocriptine) and on striatal D-2 DA receptors in rats with a unilateral lesion of the nigrostriatal pathway...
- Long-acting injectable bromocriptine does not reduce relapse in alcoholicsC A Naranjo
Psychopharmacology Research Program, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Addiction 92:969-78. 1997..multicentre study was conducted to assess the effects of a long-acting injectable preparation of bromocriptine, a dopamine agonist, (Parlodel-LAR) in reducing relapse in 366 moderately/severely dependent alcoholics (DSM-..
- Bromocriptine mesylate for glycemic management in type 2 diabetes mellitusJessica L Kerr
Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:1777-85. 2010To review the pharmacologic characteristics, safety, and efficacy of bromocriptine mesylate for glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Expression of D2RmRNA isoforms and ERmRNA isoforms in prolactinomas: correlation with the response to bromocriptine and with tumor biological behaviorZhe Bao Wu
Department of Neurosurgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, 325000 Wenzhou, China
J Neurooncol 99:25-32. 2010..as responsive (14 cases) or resistant (six cases) according to their clinical and biochemical response to bromocriptine. Tumor tissue samples were examined by means of QRT-PCR analysis...
- Endothelial function, insulin sensitivity and inflammatory markers in hyperprolactinemic pre-menopausal womenDilek Yavuz
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Endocrinol 149:187-93. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of hyperprolactinemia and bromocriptine (Brc) treatment on endothelial function, insulin sensitivity and inflammatory markers in pre-menopausal women.
- Randomized clinical trial of quick-release bromocriptine among patients with type 2 diabetes on overall safety and cardiovascular outcomesJ Michael Gaziano
Massachusetts Veterans Epidemiology Research and Information Center VA Cooperative Studies Programs, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes Care 33:1503-8. 2010Quick-release bromocriptine (bromocriptine-QR), a D2 dopamine receptor agonist, is indicated as a treatment for type 2 diabetes...
- Activation of dopamine D2 receptors lowers circadian leptin concentrations in obese womenPetra Kok
Department of Internal Medicine C4 83, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3236-40. 2006..This study was done to establish the effect of bromocriptine treatment on circadian plasma leptin concentrations in obese humans.
- Cabergoline versus bromocriptine in the treatment of hyperprolactinemia: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials and meta-analysisVania Dos Santos Nunes
Department of Internal Medicine, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo, State University UNESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pituitary 14:259-65. 2011Cabergoline and bromocriptine are the most used drugs in the treatment of hyperprolactinemia, they are able to normalize the prolactin levels, restore gonadal function and promote tumor reduction in the majority of patients...
- Bromocriptine: old drug, new formulation and new indicationR I G Holt
Endocrinology and Metabolism Sub Division, Developmental Origins of Adult Health and Disease Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 12:1048-57. 2010b>Bromocriptine is an ergot alkaloid dopamine D(2) receptor agonist that has been used extensively in the past to treat hyperprolactinaemia, galactorrhoea and Parkinsonism...
- Centrally mediated effects of bromocriptine on cardiac sympathovagal balanceF Franchi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Florence, School of Medicine, Florence, Italy
Hypertension 38:123-9. 2001b>Bromocriptine, a dopamine agonist, is known to lower cardiovascular mortality in L-dopa-treated patients with Parkinson's disease, probably by reducing the cardiac sympathetic activity...
- Peripartum cardiomyopathy--a new treatment option by inhibition of prolactin secretionBoriana G Jahns
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:e5-6. 2008..Recent experimental data implicate a causal role of prolactin. We report a patient with PPCM who responded well to treatment with Bromocriptine in addition to standard therapy of heart failure.
- Acute myocardial infarction in a healthy mother using bromocriptine for milk suppressionL Hopp
Department of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersy Medical School, Newark 07103, USA
Can J Cardiol 12:415-8. 1996A 34-year-old mother developed acute myocardial infarction (MI) 10 days postpartum while taking bromocriptine for ablactation. Her only known risk factor was moderate hypercholesterolemia...
- Recovery from peripartum cardiomyopathy after treatment with bromocriptineDirk Habedank
Department of Cardiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 10:1149-51. 2008..may induce myocardial damage, and this offered a new option of treating PPCM by blocking prolactin with bromocriptine. We report on a 35-year-old woman with a twin gravidity who gave birth to two healthy boys at day 36/6 and ..
- Randomized, double-blind study of pramipexole with placebo and bromocriptine in advanced Parkinson's diseaseYoshikuni Mizuno
Department of Neurology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Mov Disord 18:1149-56. 2003..A bromocriptine (BR) group was included to enable determination of the noninferiority of PPX relative to BR as the standard ..
- Prolactin as a Growth Factor in Breast CancerNira Ben-Jonathan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Similar to their action on pituitary PRL, dopamine and bromocriptine (Br) suppress breast PRL production...
- Understanding the Impact of Antipsychotic Drugs on Recovery After TBIAnthony E Kline; Fiscal Year: 2013..may be mediated, in part, by D2 receptor antagonism as parallel experiments using the D2 receptor agonist, bromocriptine, demonstrated enhanced functional recovery...
- Adjunct Aripiprazole for Symptomatic Hyperprolactinemia in Female SchizophreniaDeanna L Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is little evidence to guide treatment in this important area however dopamine agonists such as bromocriptine or amantadine may exacerbate symptoms, have lacking efficacy data and are associated with side effects...
- Enabling forelimb function with agonist drug and epidural stimulation in SCIDaniel Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., buspirone and as an alternative, bromocriptine), and determine their effectiveness in improving forelimb control in subjects with a cervical SCI...
- EXERCISE AS A MEANS OF ENHANCING IMMUNITY IN THE AGEDJeffrey Woods; Fiscal Year: 2001..ration and decreased Mphi CORT sensitivity? In vivo, we will address this by treating aged mice with bromocriptine (a dopamine agonist that suppresses PRL), and octreotide (somatostatin analog that inhibits GH)...
- CATECHOLAMINES AND REPRODUCTIVE AGINGJames Simpkins; Fiscal Year: 1990..evaluations of pulsatile LH release during the preovulatory surge of LH induced by clonidine in CE rats or by bromocriptine in repeatedly pseudopregnant rats. These studies will utilize frequent (every 5 min...
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEUROPROTECTIVE DRUGS FOR RETINAL DISEASEScott Eliasof; Fiscal Year: 2000..Underlying our approach is the observation that EAAT1 uptake activity is enhanced by bromocriptine and ergotamine. Furthermore, bromocriptine is neuroprotective in an ex vivo retinal ischemia model...
- PHARMACOLOGICAL TREATMENT OF ALCOHOLIC SUBTYPESBarbara Powell; Fiscal Year: 1991This double-blind, placebo controlled study will evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of bromocriptine and nortriptyline in modifying the drinking behavior of 240 male alcoholics subtyped according to the presence or absence of additional ..
- Effects of Bromocriptine on Aphasia Treatment OutcomeLeora Cherney; Fiscal Year: 2003..methods and protocols for clinical trials that will evaluate the effectiveness of the pharmacological agent, bromocriptine, on the language outcome of patients with nonfluent aphasia...
- DOPAMINERGIC MECHANISMS IN NICOTINE ADDICTIONLisa Brauer; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using a within-subjects, placebo-controlled design, Study 1 will examine the effects of the DA agonist, bromocriptine, on acute subjective and behavioral responses to smoking and on cigarette consumption in smokers who are ..
- NEURAL AND HORMONAL REGULATION OF LACTATIONCLARK GROSVENOR; Fiscal Year: 1993When lactating rats are injected with the dopamine (DA) agonist bromocriptine during days 2-5 postpartum, which substantially decreases the concentrations of PRL in mild without abolishing lactation, their offspring exhibit decreased ..
- TREATMENT OF STIMULANT USERS TO REDUCE HIV TRANSMISSIONRichard Rawson; Fiscal Year: 1993..that 2 medications hold the most promise in reducing this stimulant withdrawal symptomatology, desipramine and bromocriptine. The research proposed in this application includes a placebo-controlled, double-blind comparison of ..
- BROMOCRIPTINE IN THE TREATMENT OF COCAINE ABUSEJeffery Wilkins; Fiscal Year: 1991..The objective of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of pharmacotherapy with the dopamine agonist drug bromocriptine. One hundred male cocaine abusers participating in an inpatient (28- day) followed by outpatient psychosocial ..
- PHARMACOLOGIC REHABILITATION OF ATTENTION DEFICITSJohn Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research makes use of drugs which manipulate the dopaminergic (bromocriptine) and noradrenergic (desipramine) systems, as well as those which affect both of these systems (methylphenidate)..
- MAMMARY PROLACTIN PRODUCTION AND BREAST CANCERLinda Schuler; Fiscal Year: 2005..in human tumors, epidemiological studies correlating circulating PRL to disease have been inconsistent, and bromocriptine treatment to block pituitary PRL had no consistent clinical effect...
- PREGNANCY ASSOCIATED PROTECTION AGAINST BREAST CANCERFrank Talamantes; Fiscal Year: 2002..Somatostatin analog and bromocriptine will be used to reduce the circulating concentrations of GH and PRL, respectively, in virgin rats to the ..
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY APHASIA RESEARCH CENTERHarold Goodglass; Fiscal Year: 1991..5. To investigate the neurochemical basis of nonfluency in aphasia and its pharmacological treatment, using bromocriptine. 6. To investigate the role of the right hemisphere in mediating language recovery in aphasia. 7...
- BROMOCRIPTINE IN UNILATERAL NEGLECTChristina Kwasnica; Fiscal Year: 1999..My specific aim is to measure the symptoms of neglect in response to escalating doses of bromocriptine in subjects with unilateral neglect after stroke...
- AS A PROBE OF LATERAL DA ACTIVITY IN SCHIZOPHRENIAH Bracha; Fiscal Year: 1991..Will a bromocriptine challenge accentuate this neglect of right-sided turning exhibited by unmedicated schizophrenic patients?
- NEURAL CIRCUITRY OF SENSORIMOTOR GATING ACROSS SPECIESNeal Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- CORTICO-STRIATAL SUBSTRATES OF DEFICIENT STARTLE GATINGNeal R Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2010..New information from these studies will be a foundation for innovative models of the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and other inherited neuropsychiatric disorders, and for prospective strategies for novel drug development. ..
- A Simple Measure for Studying Sensory Gating DeficitsNeal Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Neuroscience at the Boundaries of Neurology and PsychiatryNeal Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neural basis of heritable DA-mediated gating deficitsNeal R Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NEW APPROACHES TO EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF ACROMEGALYPamela Freda; Fiscal Year: 2003..My sponsor, Dr. Wardlaw, is highly qualified and committed to providing me with the support I need to pursue my research plans and to facilitate my transition to independent investigator. ..
- NEW APPROACHES TO EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF ACROMEGALYPamela Freda; Fiscal Year: 2003..My sponsor, Dr. Wardlaw, continues to be committed to providing me with the guidance I need to pursue my research plans and to facilitate my transition to independent investigator. ..
- Role of Candidate Alleles in Cognitive Outcome After TBIThomas McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Rehabilitative Approaches for Recovery from TBIANTHONY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to develop therapies that facilitate functional recovery after human TBI. ..
- Fetal Alcohol Effects on Circadian clocks and POMCDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information should help to develop therapeutic strategies in managing sleep-wake disturbances and the resultant health consequences in FAE offspring. ..
- Medication Development for Marijuana RelapseMargaret Haney; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Biology of the NK cell cytolytic activity rhythmDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed series of studies should enhance our knowledge of the physiological mechanisms orchestrating NK cell circadian function. ..
- BIOBEHAVIORAL MECHANISMS OF DRUG REWARD AND ADDICTIONWILLIAM CARLEZON; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding mechanistic links between cocaine-induced adaptations in gene expression and adaptations in behavior may facilitate the development of novel treatments for cocaine addiction and craving. ..
- Database system for patient-based neuroscience researchDANIEL KIMBERG; Fiscal Year: 2009..This system will allow the construction of probabilistic lesion maps for use in research, as well as database search on the basis of lesion location, with probabilistic rather than all-or-none criteria. ..
- Effect of Biomechanical Force Exposure on Cognition & Brain Activation in StudentThomas McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2009..Impact parameters will be directly measured using helmet-based accelerometer units. ..
- RCT Methylphenidate & Memory/Attention Training in Traumatic Brain InjuryThomas McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further, it will help to clarify underlying neural mechanisms and suggest additional treatment possibilities. ..
- ROLE OF OPIATES IN ALCOHOL-INDUCED NEUROTOXICITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Salivary Acinar Cell Apoptosis: Regulation of p53 by AktSteven M Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The development of a pre-clinical animal model that allows development of therapies that prevent irradiation-induced salivary gland dysfunction is great clinical significance to oral health. ..
- Regulation of Akt and glucose transport by prolactinSteven Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies should provide important information about other roles for prolactin in the mammary gland and identify the mechanisms by which prolactin regulates these diverse processes. ..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION BY THE PROLACTIN RECEPTORSteven Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, we will identify the critical signaling pathways utilized by a constitutively activated mutant of the prolactin receptor that is able to induce growth factor-independent proliferation. ..
- CONSTRUCTION OF BIOLOGY RESEARCH FACILITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- OPIOID AND ALCOHOL REGULATED IMMUNE FUNCTIONDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- THC AND MARIJUANA--EFFECTS IN INDIVIDUALS WITH HIV/AIDSMargaret Haney; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- A Simple Behavioral Model of Cocaine Withdrawal in RatsWILLIAM CARLEZON; Fiscal Year: 2002..Together, these studies may facilitate the identification and development of innovative treatments that more effectively treat the symptoms of withdrawal from cocaine and other drugs of abuse. ..
- NOVEL COCAINE PHARMACOTHERAPIES: LAB STUDIESMargaret Haney; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ESTROGEN MITOGENIC ACTION IN THE PITUITARYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such knowledge should be important in understanding prolactinoma because increased proliferation is an early step in cell transformation. ..
- DOPAMINERGIC MODULATION WORKING MEMORY TBI--FMRI STUDYThomas McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2003..of TBI patients found improvement in some WM components following administration of a D2 receptor agonist (bromocriptine) [McDowell, 1998 #101; Whyte, 1997 #100; D'Esposito, 1998 #39]...
- Excitatory Neurotransmission in the Olfactory BulbNESTOR DAVILA; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Interaction of Serotonin & Cholinergic Systems After TBIANTHONY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal is to develop pharmacotherapies that attenuate posttraumatic neuronal cell death and facilitate cognitive performance after human TBI. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Multiple Factors Affecting Placebo Response in PDChristopher Goetz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Defining these determinant influences will help enhance placebo responses in clinical practice and control them in clinical trials. ..
- Molecular Biology of 5HT2A receptor expressing synapsesMilt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- A Flexible Architecture for Neuroimaging Data AnalysisDANIEL KIMBERG; Fiscal Year: 2005..This type of project, which essentially considers the paradigm itself a random effect, is facilitated jointly by the work presented here. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for opioid and cocaine dependenceBruce Rounsaville; Fiscal Year: 2005..4. To examine depression as a predictor of response. 5. To examine three month follow-up status after completing the treatment trial for continuation in treatment, abstinence from illicit drugs, and depressive symptoms. ..
- Relationship of Hematocrit to Ischemic Stroke OutcomePaul Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..Fitting these models will result in a more complete understanding of the association between HCT and stroke outcome. Findings could lead to the development of new interventions to improve stroke outcome. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Human 5HT 1E Serotonin Receptor Drug Development (RMI)Milt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Selective agonists and antagonists for the 5HT1E receptor should, at the least, provide information on the function of this highly expressed receptor, and may lead to novel therapeutics for brain dysfunction. ..
- SRC-LIKE KINASES IN INTERLEUKIN-3 RECEPTOR SIGNALINGSteven Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2001..These approaches should also help to identify both substrates phosphorylated, as well as signaling pathways activated, in a Src kinase-dependent manner. ..