- Quantification of [(123)I]PE2I binding to dopamine transporters with SPET
Lars H Pinborg
Neurobiology Research Unit, University Hospital Rigshospitalet, N9201, 9 Blegdamsvej, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:623-31. 2002
..The distribution volume ratio (DVR) (6.6+/-1.4) was in good agreement with the DVR calculated with blood (6.7+/-1.4)...
- Impact of DaTscan SPECT imaging on clinical management, diagnosis, confidence of diagnosis, quality of life, health resource use and safety in patients with clinically uncertain parkinsonian syndromes: a prospective 1-year follow-up of an open-label contr
Andreas R Kupsch
Department of Neurology, University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 83:620-8. 2012
- Pharmacokinetics of once-daily trospium chloride 60 mg extended release and twice-daily trospium chloride 20 mg in healthy adults
Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 50:143-50. 2010
..Thus, with the extended-release formulation, trospium concentrations are less likely to reach the threshold where adverse events may sometimes occur...
- Predictive power of an in vitro system to assess drug interactions of an antimuscarinic medication: a comparison of in vitro and in vivo drug-drug interaction studies of trospium chloride with digoxin
Indevus Pharmaceuticals Inc, 33 Hayden Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 46:776-84. 2006
..The in vitro system for assessment of a potential interaction of 2 drugs excreted primarily through the kidney was predictive of the pharmacokinetic outcomes obtained from a clinical setting...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of trospium chloride
Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:701-20. 2005
..The pharmacokinetics of the drug are compatible with twice-daily administration. A once-daily schedule may also be appropriate, but this regimen needs formal clinical evaluation...
- Oxybutynin and trospium are substrates of the human organic cation transporters
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Bonn, Biomedical Center, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 383:203-8. 2011
..Thus, hOCTs very probably contribute to the active tubular and hepatobiliary secretion of trospium. Furthermore, hOCT(1) and hOCT(3) may be involved in the tissue uptake of this drug in the urinary bladder...
- Initial clinical experience with [123I]ioflupane scintigraphy in movement disorders
Department of Radiology, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Clin Radiol 62:463-71. 2007
..The objective of this study was to determine whether dopamine transporter (DAT) scintigraphy influences the management of movement disorders in clinically indeterminate cases...
- Effects of tolterodine, trospium chloride, and oxybutynin on the central nervous system
Pro Science Private Research Clinic GmbH, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 9, D-35440 Linden, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 41:636-44. 2001
..The minimal qEEG changes observed with tolterodine and trospium chloride reflect most probably a rebound message from the peripheral target organs. Prescription of oxybutynin thus implicates a higher risk of CNS side effects...
- Trospium chloride improves overactive bladder symptoms: a multicenter phase III trial
Department of Urology, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Urol 171:2311-5, quiz 2435. 2004
..Because these qualities may provide added benefit when treating patients with symptoms associated with overactive bladder (OAB) and urge incontinence, we studied the effectiveness of trospium in treating these conditions...
- Trospium chloride has no effect on memory testing and is assay undetectable in the central nervous system of older patients with overactive bladder
Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Division of Urology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
Int J Clin Pract 64:1294-300. 2010
..Selection of an antimuscarinic OAB drug with reduced potential for CNS effects could be especially beneficial in the elderly people, in whom even the modest cognitive impairment may negatively affect independence...
- Trospium chloride and oxybutynin hydrochloride in a german study of adults with urinary urge incontinence: results of a 12-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, flexible-dose noninferiority trial
Department of Urology, Hospital Passauer Wolf, Bad Griesbach, Germany
Clin Ther 31:2519-39. 2009
..The aims of this study were to determine whether oral trospium chloride is noninferior to oxy-butynin for urinary urge incontinence and to evaluate its efficacy, tolerability, and health-related quality of life parameters...
- Time to onset of improvement in symptoms of overactive bladder using antimuscarinic treatment
North Texas Clinical Research, UANT, Arlington, TX, USA
BJU Int 97:540-6. 2006
..To evaluate the time to onset of statistically significant and clinically meaningful effects of trospium chloride in patients with an overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Multicenter phase III trial studying trospium chloride in patients with overactive bladder
North Texas Clinical Research, Urology Associates of North Texas, Arlington, Texas 76017, USA
Urology 67:275-80. 2006
..Trospium chloride is an anticholinergic agent with predominantly peripheral nonselective antimuscarinic activity and thus has potential therapeutic value in treating patients with overactive bladder...
- Obesity is associated with a more severe overactive bladder disease state that is effectively treated with once-daily administration of trospium chloride extended release
Michael B Chancellor
Department of Urology, William Beaumont Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 29:551-4. 2010
..The goal of this study is to examine the efficacy of once daily trospium chloride (Sanctura) XR in overweight and obese patients with the overactive bladder syndrome...
- Normal database of dopaminergic neurotransmission system in human brain measured by positron emission tomography
Clinical Neuroimaging Team, Molecular Neuroimaging Group, Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Neuroimage 39:555-65. 2008
..This database could also be used to investigate regional abnormalities of dopaminergic neurotransmission in neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Radiosynthesis of [18F] N-(3-Fluoropropyl)-2-beta-Carbomethoxy-3-beta-(4-Bromophenyl) Nortropane and the regional brain uptake in non human primate using PET
Department of Medicine, North Shore University Hospital, NYU Medical College, PET Research, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Nucl Med Biol 31:125-31. 2004
..18F]FPCBT displayed good brain uptake and its high target to non target ratio indicate that it is a potential candidate for DAT imaging...
- Whole-body biodistribution and radiation dosimetry estimates for the PET dopamine transporter probe 18F-FECNT in non-human primates
Dnyanesh N Tipre
Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 1 Rm B3 10, 1 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 0135, USA
Nucl Med Commun 25:737-42. 2004
..The aim of the current study was to quantify the distribution of radioactivity in three rhesus monkeys after the injection of approximately 185 MBq (5 mCi) of 18F-FECNT...
- Potential of [(18)F]beta-CFT-FE (2beta-carbomethoxy-3beta-(4-fluorophenyl)-8-(2-[(18)F]fluoroethyl)nortropane) as a dopamine transporter ligand: A PET study in the conscious monkey brain
Central Research Laboratory, Hamamatsu Photonics K K, Hamakita, Shizuoka 434 8601, Japan
Synapse 54:37-45. 2004
..These results suggested that [(18)F]beta-CFT-FE could be a potential imaging agent for DAT, providing excellent selectivity and tracer kinetics for quantitative PET imaging...
- Overactive bladder disease: the urge for better therapies
Highmark Blue Shield, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 14:381-6. 2008
- Loss of dopamine transporter binding in Parkinson's disease follows a single exponential rather than linear decline
Department of Neurology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Nucl Med 45:1694-7. 2004
..Most follow-up studies have provided data best fitted by a linear decline of their outcome measure. However, in these studies, patients were repeatedly scanned during their first years after a diagnosis had been established...
- Synthesis and biodistribution of [18F]FE@CIT, a new potential tracer for the dopamine transporter
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Synapse 55:73-9. 2005
..The highest striatum to cerebellum ratio was 3.73 and the highest thalamus to cerebellum ratio was 1.65. Autoradiographic images showed a good and differentiated uptake in striatal regions with a good target-to-background ratio...
- Effect of trospium chloride on somnolence and sleepiness in patients with overactive bladder
David R Staskin
Department of Urology, Weil Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Urol Rep 5:423-6. 2004
..Furthermore, there was no difference in these findings across age groups...
- Elevating our therapeutic expectations in overactive bladder
Peter K Sand
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Evanston, Illinois, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 16:8-11. 2004
..Both show significantly better efficacy compared with placebo for key symptoms of OAB, including urgency. The incidence of dry mouth at the lowest effective dose is 19% for darifenacin and 8% and 14% for solifenacin (2 studies)...
- PET imaging of the dopamine transporter with 18F-FECNT: a polar radiometabolite confounds brain radioligand measurements
Sami S Zoghbi
Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0135, USA
J Nucl Med 47:520-7. 2006
- Treatment of overactive bladder: selective use of anticholinergic agents with low drug-drug interaction potential
Michael B Chancellor
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Geriatrics 62:15-24. 2007
- [Neurological aspect of the hyperactive urinary bladder syndrome]
E B Mazo
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 105:58-62. 2005
- Synthesis and in vivo evaluation of fluorine-18 and iodine-123 labeled 2beta-carbo(2-fluoroethoxy)-3beta-(4'-((Z)-2-iodoethenyl)phenyl)nortropane as a candidate serotonin transporter imaging agent
Department of Radiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Med Chem 50:4553-60. 2007
..The in vivo evaluation of [18F]1 indicates that this radiotracer is a good candidate for mapping and quantifying CNS SERT...
- Quantification of 123I-PE2I binding to dopamine transporter with SPECT after bolus and bolus/infusion
Lars H Pinborg
Neurobiology Research Unit, University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Nucl Med 46:1119-27. 2005
- No significant effects of single intravenous, single oral and subchronic oral administration of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors on striatal [123I]FP-CIT binding in rats
R J J Knol
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15 F2N, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:598-604. 2008
..The aim of this study was to investigate effects of single intravenous, single oral and subchronic oral administration of AChEIs on DAT availability in the rat brain as measured by [(123)I]FP-CIT...
- Trospium chloride for the treatment of overactive bladder with urge incontinence
Pharmacy Practice, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
Clin Ther 27:511-30. 2005
..Urinary incontinence is caused by an overactive bladder, leading to symptoms of urgency, frequency, and incontinence. Urge incontinence occurs predominantly in women as they age...
- Interaction of cocaine and dopamine transporter inhibitors on behavior and neurochemistry in monkeys
Brett C Ginsburg
Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, 954 Gatewood Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 80:481-91. 2005
..Importantly, there was little evidence of additivity on behavioral or neurochemical measures when cocaine was administered in combination with behavioral-stimulant doses of the DAT inhibitors...
- Antimuscarinic agents exhibit local inhibitory effects on muscarinic receptors in bladder-afferent pathways
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Urology 65:238-42. 2005
..To investigate the potential of antimuscarinic agents for sensory mechanisms in overactive bladder using intravesical instillation...
- Tremor dominant parkinsonism: Clinical description and LRRK2 mutation screening
Memory Unit, Alzheimer s Laboratory, and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red CIBERNED, Neurology Department, Sant Pau Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Mov Disord 23:518-23. 2008
- Reduced midbrain dopamine transporter binding in male adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: association between striatal dopamine markers and motor hyperactivity
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Biol Psychiatry 57:229-38. 2005
..The purpose of our study was to examine dopamine transporter (DAT) and dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) binding in adolescents with ADHD and to search for its relationship with cognitive functions as well as locomotor hyperactivity...
- Effects on sleep of anticholinergics used for overactive bladder treatment in healthy volunteers aged > or = 50 years
Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Schumannstr 20 21, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
BJU Int 95:346-9. 2005
..To study the influence of oxybutynin, tolterodine or trospium chloride, anticholinergics used to treat bladder overactivity, on sleep and the cognitive skills of healthy volunteers aged > or = 50 years...
- Quantitative analyses of regional [11C]PE2I binding to the dopamine transporter in the human brain: a PET study
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 33:657-68. 2006
..The aims of the present PET study were to quantify regional [(11)C]PE2I binding to DAT in the human brain and to compare quantitative methods with regard to suitability for applied clinical studies...
- Binding of cocaine-like radioligands to the dopamine transporter at 37 degrees C: effect of Na+ and substrates
Lijuan C Wang
Department of Biomedical and Therapeutic Sciences, University of Illinois College of Medicine, PO Box 1649, Peoria, IL 61656 1649, USA
J Neurosci Methods 131:27-33. 2003
- Quantification of dopamine transporter by 123I-PE2I SPECT and the noninvasive Logan graphical method in Parkinson's disease
Nuclear Medicine Department, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unit 316, Bretonneau Hospital, Tours, France
J Nucl Med 44:663-70. 2003
- Relevance of different striatal markers in assessment of the MPP+-induced dopaminergic nigrostriatal injury in rat
Groupe d Etudes des Mécanismes Cellulaires de l Ischémie GEMCI, EA 1223, Poitiers, France
J Neurochem 80:365-74. 2002
- Anatomic and biochemical correlates of the dopamine transporter ligand 11C-PE2I in normal and parkinsonian primates: comparison with 6-[18F]fluoro-L-dopa
, , Direction des Sciences du Vivant, CEA, Orsay Cedex, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 21:782-92. 2001
..Altogether, these data support the use of 11C-PE2I for monitoring striatal dopaminergic disorders and the effect of potential neuroprotective strategies...
- Parametric mapping of [18F]FPCIT binding in early stage Parkinson's disease: a PET study
Center for Neurosciences, North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, Functional Brain Imaging Laboratory, North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Synapse 45:125-33. 2002
..This method provides a useful tool to track the onset and progression of PD at its earliest stages...
- Interaction of isoflurane with the dopamine transporter
Department of Radiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Anesthesiology 98:404-11. 2003
..Because the dopamine transporter (DAT) is a key regulator of DA, it is likely affected by isoflurane. This study investigates the hypothesis that isoflurane inhibits DA reuptake by causing DAT to be trafficked into the cell...
- Measurement of the striatal dopamine transporter density and heterogeneity in type 1 alcoholics using human whole hemisphere autoradiography
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, Niuvanniemi Hospital, Finland
Neuroimage 14:87-94. 2001
..These data indicate that human whole hemisphere autoradiography with the analysis of binding heterogeneity may be a relevant tool to measure pathological processes in the brain...
- [Urinary incontinence--treatment]
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Kliniken St Antonius, Wuppertal
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:750-2. 2003
- Update on overactive bladder: pharmacologic approaches on the horizon
Eric S Rovner
Division of Urology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Urol Rep 4:385-90. 2003
..In initial studies, some of the agents appear to compare favorably with existing therapies. Whether these promising results will hold up when subjected to large-scale, well-controlled clinical trials is unclear...
- Controlled, double-blind, multicentre clinical trial to investigate long-term tolerability and efficacy of trospium chloride in patients with detrusor instability
Gynaekologicka porodnická Klinika, Unemocnice 2, 128008 Prague, Czech Reprublic
World J Urol 20:392-9. 2003
..045 and 0.021, respectively). An overall assessment for each of the drugs reveals a comparable efficacy level and a better benefit-risk ratio for trospium chloride than for oxybutynin due to better tolerability...
- Ontogeny of the dopamine and serotonin transporters in the rat brain: an autoradiographic study
INSERM U619, Laboratoire de Biophysique Medicale et Pharmaceutique, Universite Francois Rabelais, Sciences Pharmaceutiques, 31 Avenue Monge, 37200 Tours, France
Neurosci Lett 363:266-71. 2004
- Increased D1 dopamine receptor signaling in levodopa-induced dyskinesia
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche 5541, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Ann Neurol 57:17-26. 2005
..Our data suggest that levodopa-induced dyskinesia results from increased dopamine D(1) receptor-mediated transmission at the level of the direct pathway...
- Initial human PET imaging studies with the dopamine transporter ligand 18F-FECNT
Margaret R Davis
PET Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Nucl Med 44:855-61. 2003
- Effects of two anticholinergic drugs, trospium chloride and biperiden, on motility and evoked potentials of the oesophagus
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Hospital Bogenhausen, Munich, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 12:979-84. 1998
..Anticholinergic drugs are known to impair the motor function of the oesophagus but their effects on the oesophageal afferent pathways are unknown...
- Anticholinergic therapy vs. onabotulinumtoxina for urgency urinary incontinence
Anthony G Visco
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27707, USA
N Engl J Med 367:1803-13. 2012
..Anticholinergic medications and onabotulinumtoxinA are used to treat urgency urinary incontinence, but data directly comparing the two types of therapy are needed...
- Synthesis, radiosynthesis and in vivo preliminary evaluation of [11C]LBT-999, a selective radioligand for the visualisation of the dopamine transporter with PET
Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, Departement de Recherche Medicale, CEA DSV, Orsay, France
Bioorg Med Chem 14:1115-25. 2006
- Validation of parametric methods for [¹¹C]PE2I positron emission tomography
Nuclear Medicine and PET, Uppsala University, 751 81 Uppsala, Sweden
Neuroimage 74:172-8. 2013
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate different methods for producing [(11)C]PE2I parametric images, showing binding potential (BPND) and relative delivery (R1) at the voxel level, using clinical data as well as simulations...
- Chronic interferon-α decreases dopamine 2 receptor binding and striatal dopamine release in association with anhedonia-like behavior in nonhuman primates
Jennifer C Felger
1 Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA 2 The Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 38:2179-87. 2013
..Future studies examining the mechanisms of cytokine effects on DA release and potential therapeutic strategies to reverse these changes are warranted. ..
- High resolution small animal single photon emission computed tomography: uptake of [99mTc]bombesin and [123I]ioflupane by rat brain
Department of Nuclear Medicine, La Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 51:204-10. 2007
- Effects of tolterodine and trospium chloride on renal damage induced by partial upper urinary tract obstruction
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Malatya, Turkey
Urology 82:194-200. 2013
..To examine the efficacy of trospium chloride and tolterodine on the renal parenchymal inflammatory process and upper urinary dilation in rats with chronic partial upper urinary tract obstruction...
- Time course of changes in striatal dopamine transporters and D2 receptors with specific iodinated markers in a rat model of Parkinson's disease
INSERM U316, Laboratoire de Biophysique Medicale et Pharmaceutique, Tours, France
Synapse 31:134-9. 1999
..The exploration of both DAT and D2R would improve follow-up of this disease...
- Using anticholinergics to treat overactive bladder: the issue of treatment tolerability
David R Staskin
Department of Urology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Am J Med 119:9-15. 2006
..Recent dose-adjustment data with extended-release oxybutynin suggest that, given some control in the process, patients are willing to tolerate certain side effects in exchange for symptom relief...
- Decreased brainstem and putamen SERT binding potential in depressed suicide attempters using [11C]-zient PET imaging
Jonathon A Nye
Departments of Radiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
Depress Anxiety 30:902-7. 2013
- Competition between 11C-raclopride and endogenous dopamine in Parkinson's disease
Department of Neurology and Neurological Science, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Nucl Med Commun 31:159-66. 2010
..The aim of this study was to understand whether the increase in 11C-raclopride binding in the striatum of patients with Parkinson's disease (PD) is associated with the depletion of endogenous dopamine...
- Evaluation of the superselective radioligand [123I]PE2I for imaging of the dopamine transporter in SPECT
Department of Neurology, Neurobiology Research Unit, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 58:B4279. 2011
..Apart from the more laborious B/I design it is currently to be considered the best radioligand for imaging the DAT in the human brain with SPECT...
- Discovery of a nortropanol derivative as a potent and orally active GPR119 agonist for type 2 diabetes
Merck Research Laboratories, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:3290-6. 2011
..It showed good to excellent pharmacokinetic properties in rats and monkeys and no untoward activities in counter-screen assays. Compound 36j demonstrated an attractive in vitro and in vivo profile for further development...
- Combined antimuscarinics for treatment of neurogenic overactive bladder
IRCCS, S Maugeri Foudation, Department of Neurology Neurorehabilitation and Spinal Unit, Cassano Murge, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 25:35S-41S. 2012
..In conclusion, a combined antimuscarinic treatment might be a right option for patients affected by neurogenic bladder refractory to previous antimuscarinic monotherapy, and might slow down or delay other more invasive treatments...
- Synthesis of enantiomerically pure, highly functionalized, medium-sized carbocycles from carbohydrates: formal total synthesis of (+)-calystegine b(2)
Laboratorio de Radicales Libres CSIC, C Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Org Chem 67:3705-17. 2002
..The synthesis of compound 92 from D-glucose constitutes a formal total synthesis of (+)-calystegine B(2), showing the importance of the steric hindrance in allylic positions for a successful RCM reaction...
- [Effectiveness of 123I-ioflupane (DaTSCAN) in the diagnosis of Parkinsonian syndromes. A systematic review]
J Puñal Riobóo
Agencia de Evaluación de Tecnologías Sanitarias de Galicia avalia t Consellería de Sanidade Xunta de Galicia Santiago de Compostela A Coruña España
Rev Esp Med Nucl 26:375-84. 2007
- Self-administration of cocaine and the cocaine analog RTI-113: relationship to dopamine transporter occupancy determined by PET neuroimaging in rhesus monkeys
K M Wilcox
Yerkes Regional Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Synapse 43:78-85. 2002
..e., long-acting) may influence its ability to maintain self-administration, and therefore its abuse liability. Additionally, high DAT occupancy is required for RTI-113 to reduce cocaine-maintained responding...
- Isoflurane alters the amount of dopamine transporter expressed on the plasma membrane in humans
John R Votaw
Department of Radiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Anesthesiology 101:1128-35. 2004
..The purpose of this study was to determine the dose-response curve for isoflurane altering the binding potential of one of these ligands ([F-18]FECNT) in humans...
- Synthesis of N-alkylated noeurostegines and evaluation of their potential as treatment for Gaucher's disease
Tina S Rasmussen
Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University, Aarhus C, Denmark
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:1519-22. 2011
..Of these, only noeurostegine, was found to increase enzyme activity, which in potency was comparable to that previously reported for isofagomine...
- Measurement of striatal and extrastriatal dopamine transporter binding with high-resolution PET and [11C]PE2I: quantitative modeling and test-retest reproducibility
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:1059-69. 2008
..The previously suggested involvement of the potentially brain-penetrant radioactive metabolite in the quantification should be further studied...
- Neurogenic bladder treatment by doubling the recommended antimuscarinic dosage
Department of Urology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Neurourol Urodyn 25:441-5. 2006
..All patients were suffering from neurogenic detrusor overactivity incontinence. Tolerability and success were evaluated in the present study...
- Effective treatment of neurogenic detrusor dysfunction by combined high-dosed antimuscarinics without increased side-effects
Department of Urology, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Eur Urol 53:1021-8. 2008
..With the objectives of continence and normalised bladder pressure, safe and tolerable non-invasive treatment alternatives were evaluated by using combined antimuscarinics...
- Safety and efficacy of once-daily trospium chloride extended-release in male patients with overactive bladder
Scott A MacDiarmid
Alliance Urology Specialists, Greensboro, North Carolina 27403, USA
Urology 77:24-9. 2011
..This study used pooled data from 2 large, phase III, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studies for a subgroup analysis of the safety and efficacy of trospium chloride extended-release (XR) in men with overactive bladder (OAB)...
- SPECT study with I-123-Ioflupane (DaTSCAN) in patients with essential tremor. Is there any correlation with Parkinson's disease?
2nd Laboratory of Nuclear Medicine, AHEPA University Hospital, Thessasloniki, Greece
Ann Nucl Med 26:337-44. 2012
- Characterizing crystal disorder of trospium chloride: a comprehensive,(13) C CP/MAS NMR, DSC, FTIR, and XRPD study
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 162 06 Prague 6, Czech Republic
J Pharm Sci 102:1235-48. 2013
..2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. and the American Pharmacists Association J Pharm Sci 102:1235-1248, 2013...
- Pharmacokinetic and bioequivalence studies of trospium chloride after a single-dose administration in healthy Chinese volunteers
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, PR China
Arzneimittelforschung 62:247-51. 2012
..No significant differences in pharmacokinetic parameters were found between preparations and periods (p>0.05). No obvious adverse events were monitored throughout the study based on clinical parameters and patient reports...
- Electrophoretic determination of calystegines A3 and B2 in potato
Institute of Chemical Technology, Technicka 3, 166 28 Prague 6, Czech Republic
J Chromatogr A 1181:137-44. 2008
..Simple sample preparation, sufficient sensitivity, speed of analysis, and low running cost are important attributes of the electrophoretic methods. The overall results of electrophoretic methods were comparable with GC...
- Probing the pharmacological properties of distinct subunit interfaces within heteromeric glycine receptors reveals a functional ββ agonist-binding site
Department of Neurochemistry, Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Neurochem 122:38-47. 2012
..The mutational approach described here should be generally applicable to heteromeric ligand-gated ion channels composed of homologous subunits and facilitate screening efforts aimed at targeting inter-subunit specific binding sites...
- In vivo activity of bupropion at the human dopamine transporter as measured by positron emission tomography
Susan M Learned-Coughlin
GlaxoSmithKline, Five Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:800-5. 2003
- Visualization of the cortical dopamine transporter in type 1 and 2 alcoholics with human whole hemisphere autoradiography
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, Niuvanniemi Hospital, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 16:552-60. 2006
- Dopamine transporter and D2-receptor density in late-onset alcoholism
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, University of Kuopio, Niuvanniemi Hospital, Finland
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 147:314-8. 1999
..Late onset type 1 alcoholism has been suggested to be associated with an underlying dopaminergic defect. Therefore, it is relevant to study both postsynaptic D2-receptor and presynaptic dopamine transporter (DAT) densities among alcoholics...
- In vivo PET measurements with [11C]PE2I to evaluate fetal mesencephalic transplantations to unilateral 6-OHDA-lesioned rats
Brain Imaging Project, National Institute of Radiological Science, Inage Ku, Chiba, Japan
Cell Transplant 14:655-63. 2005
..Repeated PET measurements of DA transporters are a useful tool in assessing the effectiveness of neural transplantations...
- Molecular imaging of conscious, unrestrained mice with AwakeSPECT
Justin S Baba
Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA
J Nucl Med 54:969-76. 2013
..We have developed a SPECT imaging system, AwakeSPECT, to enable molecular brain imaging of untrained mice that are conscious, unanesthetized, and unrestrained. We accomplished this with head tracking and motion correction techniques...
- Effect of anticholinergic use for the treatment of overactive bladder on cognitive function in postmenopausal women
Elizabeth J Geller
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7570, USA
Clin Drug Investig 32:697-705. 2012
..The mainstay of treatment for OAB is medical therapy with anticholinergics. However, adverse events have been reported with this class of drugs, including cognitive changes...
- Synthesis of uronic-noeurostegine--a potent bacterial β-glucuronidase inhibitor
Tina S Rasmussen
Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University, Aarhus C, Denmark
Org Biomol Chem 9:7807-13. 2011
- Executing and rationalizing the synthesis of a difluorinated analogue of a ring-expanded calystegine B2
Sara H Kyne
WestCHEM, Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Strathclyde, 295 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G1 1XL, UK
J Org Chem 77:991-8. 2012
..The epoxidation stereoselectivity arises from simple steric control, whereas the ring-closure reactions are subject to thermodynamic control...
- Biodistribution and dosimetry of ¹²³I-mZIENT: a novel ligand for imaging serotonin transporters
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Southern General Hospital, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, 1345 Govan Rd, Glasgow G51 4TF, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:786-91. 2012
..The aim of this preliminary study was to assess its whole-body biodistribution in humans and estimate dosimetry...
- Synthesis, radiosynthesis, and biological evaluation of carbon-11 and iodine-123 labeled 2beta-carbomethoxy-3beta-[4'-((Z)-2-haloethenyl)phenyl]tropanes: candidate radioligands for in vivo imaging of the serotonin transporter
Department of Radiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30320, USA
J Med Chem 47:1122-35. 2004
..11C]ZIET and [11C]ZBrET were prepared by alkylation of their corresponding nortropanes with [11C]methyl iodide in approximately 30% radiochemical yield (decay-corrected to end of bombardment, EOB)...
- An efficient synthesis of dopamine transporter tracer [¹⁸F]FECNT
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, 1111 Highland Ave, 1005 WIMR, Madison, WI 53705, United States
Appl Radiat Isot 72:128-32. 2013
..The overall radiochemical yields of [(18)F]FECNT were 40% (n=29) and the total synthesis time was ca. 100 min. The average specific activity of [(18)F]FECNT was 377.4 GBq/μmol (10.2 Ci/μmol)...
- Receiver-operating-characteristic analysis of an automated program for analyzing striatal uptake of 123I-ioflupane SPECT images: calibration using visual reads
Phillip Hsin Kuo
Medical Imaging Radiology and Neurology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5067, USA
J Nucl Med Technol 41:26-31. 2013
- Calystegine B3 as a specific inhibitor for cytoplasmic alpha-mannosidase, Man2C1
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, University of Toyama, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Biochem 149:415-22. 2011
..Calystegine B(3) could thus serve as a potent tool for the development of a highly specific in vivo inhibitor for Man2C1...
- Diagnostic accuracy of statistical pattern recognition of electroencephalogram registration in evaluation of cognitive impairment and dementia
Memory Clinic, Geriatric Department, National University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 34:51-60. 2012
..In this study, contemporary statistical methods were used to classify the clinical cases of cognitive impairment based on electroencephalograms (EEG)...
- Brain penetration of the OAB drug trospium chloride is not increased in aged mice
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Frankfurter Str 107, 35392, Giessen, Germany
World J Urol 31:219-24. 2013
- Alkaloids from the poisonous plant Ipomoea carnea: effects on intracellular lysosomal glycosidase activities in human lymphoblast cultures
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Ho 3 Kanagawa machi, Kanazawa 920 1181, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 51:7642-6. 2003
..The lysosomal beta-glucosidase inhibitory calystegines seem to have little risk of inducing intoxication of livestock...
- Synthesis, fluorine-18 radiolabeling, and biological evaluation of N-((E)-4-fluorobut-2-en-1-yl)-2beta-carbomethoxy-3beta-(4'-halophenyl)nortropanes: candidate radioligands for in vivo imaging of the brain dopamine transporter with positron emission tomog
Jeffrey S Stehouwer
Department of Radiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Med Chem 53:5549-57. 2010
The N-(E)-fluorobutenyl-3beta-(para-halo-phenyl)nortropanes 9-12 were synthesized as ligands of the dopamine transporter (DAT) for use as (18)F-labeled positron emission tomography (PET) imaging agents...
- Determination of the natural abundance delta15N of nortropane alkaloids by gas chromatography-isotope ratio mass spectrometry of their ethylcarbamate esters
Elucidation of Biosynthesis by Isotopic Spectrometry Group, Unit for Interdisciplinary Chemistry Synthesis Analysis Modelling CEISAM, University of Nantes CNRS UMR6230, 2, Rue de la Houssiniere, 44322 Nantes, France
Anal Bioanal Chem 396:1405-14. 2010
..The precision and reproducibility are shown sufficient to allow the evolution of the delta(15)N values to be followed during the fermentation...
- Effects of combined use of trospium chloride and melatonin on in vitro contractility of rat urinary bladder
Department of Urology, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Urology 75:873-7. 2010
..To examine the effects of combined use of trospium chloride and melatonin on in vitro contractility of rat urinary bladder...
- Different binding modes of tropeines mediating inhibition and potentiation of alpha1 glycine receptors
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, Chemical Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
J Neurochem 109:1725-32. 2009
..Together these results suggest that distinct binding modes at adjacent binding sites located within the agonist-binding pocket of the GlyR mediate the bidirectional modulatory effects of tropeines...
- Synthesis, radiolabeling and preliminary in vivo evaluation of [18F]FE-PE2I, a new probe for the dopamine transporter
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:4843-5. 2009
..18)F]6 is a potential radioligand for imaging DATs in the human brain with PET...
- 2- and 4-[18F]fluorotropapride, two specific D2 receptor ligands for positron emission tomography: N.C.A. syntheses and animal studies
Cyclotron Research Center, , Belgium
Int J Rad Appl Instrum A 43:1265-74. 1992
..The saturability was confirmed by the use of variable specific activities. These preliminary results showed that 4-[18F]fluorotropapride can be considered as a potent radiopharmaceutical for the study of the dopaminergic system with PET...
- Trospium chloride once-daily extended release is efficacious and tolerated in elderly subjects (aged ≥ 75 years) with overactive bladder syndrome
Peter K Sand
Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, NorthShore University Healthsystem, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Evanston, IL, USA
BJU Int 107:612-20. 2011
..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of once-daily trospium chloride extended release (ER) in overactive bladder syndrome (OAB) in subjects aged ≥ 75 years...
- Dosimetry of the dopamine transporter radioligand 18F-FPCIT in human subjects
Center for Neurosciences, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York, USA
J Nucl Med 44:961-6. 2003
..The goal was to determine a limiting dose consistent with accepted guidelines for use in clinical studies and to compare the radiation burden with other agents such as (123)I-FPCIT, (18)F-fluorodopa, and (18)F-FDG...