Genomes and Genes
Summary: Antitumor alkaloid isolated from Vinca rosea. (Merck, 11th ed.)
Publications296 found, 100 shown here
- Phase III trial of methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin versus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced carcinoma of the urotheliumRobert Dreicer
Department of Hematology Oncology and Urologic Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 100:1639-45. 2004The regimens of carboplatin plus paclitaxel (CP) and methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (M-VAC) were compared in patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma.
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin versus methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin in advanced or metastatic bladder cancer: results of a large, randomized, multinational, multicenter, phase III studyH von der Maase
Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 18:3068-77. 2000Gemcitabine plus cisplatin (GC) and methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) were compared in patients with locally advanced or metastatic transitional-cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urothelium.
- Results of a prospective randomized clinical trial of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) followed by radiation therapy (RT) versus ABVD alone for stages I, II, and IIIA nonbulky Hodgkin diseaseDavid J Straus
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, SR 441B Box 406, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 104:3483-9. 2004..IIA, IIB, and IIIA without bulk disease were prospectively randomized to 6 cycles of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, dacarbazine (ABVD) alone or 6 cycles of ABVD followed by radiation therapy (RT) (3600 cGy: involved field for ..
- Vinorelbine plus cisplatin vs. observation in resected non-small-cell lung cancerTimothy Winton
National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group, Kingston, Ont
N Engl J Med 352:2589-97. 2005..We undertook to determine whether adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin prolongs overall survival among patients with completely resected early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin versus observation in patients with completely resected stage IB-IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer (Adjuvant Navelbine International Trialist Association [ANITA]): a randomised controlled trialJean Yves Douillard
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes, France
Lancet Oncol 7:719-27. 2006..We aimed to compare the effect of adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin versus observation on survival in patients with completely resected NSCLC...
- Effects of vinblastine, podophyllotoxin and nocodazole on mitotic spindles. Implications for the role of microtubule dynamics in mitosisM A Jordan
Department of Biological Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106
J Cell Sci 102:401-16. 1992..However, we found previously that low concentrations of vinblastine and vincristine blocked mitosis in HeLa cells with little or no depolymerization of spindle microtubules, and ..
- Long-term survival results of a randomized trial comparing gemcitabine plus cisplatin, with methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, plus cisplatin in patients with bladder cancerHans von der Maase
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 23:4602-8. 2005To compare long-term survival in patients with locally advanced or metastatic transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urothelium treated with gemcitabine/cisplatin (GC) or methotrexate/vinblastine/doxorubicin/cisplatin (MVAC).
- Randomized phase III trial of sequential chemoradiotherapy compared with concurrent chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Groupe Lyon-Saint-Etienne d'Oncologie Thoracique-Groupe Français de Pneumo-Cancérologie NPC 95-01 StudyPierre Fournel
University Hospital, Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
J Clin Oncol 23:5910-7. 2005..We conducted a phase III study to compare the survival impact of concurrent versus sequential treatment with radiotherapy (RT) and chemotherapy (CT) in unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Diagnostic and therapeutic evaluation of 111In-vinorelbine-liposomes in a human colorectal carcinoma HT-29/luc-bearing animal modelTong Hsien Chow
Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Nucl Med Biol 35:623-34. 2008....
- Vinblastine-induced phosphorylation of Bcl-2 and Bcl-XL is mediated by JNK and occurs in parallel with inactivation of the Raf-1/MEK/ERK cascadeM Fan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Biol Chem 275:29980-5. 2000..sought to determine whether JNK was responsible for Bcl-2/Bcl-X(L) phosphorylation in KB-3 cells treated with vinblastine. Two major endogenous forms of JNK, p46(JNK1) and p54(JNK2), were present in KB-3 cells, and both isoforms were ..
- Randomized phase II study of cisplatin with gemcitabine or paclitaxel or vinorelbine as induction chemotherapy followed by concomitant chemoradiotherapy for stage IIIB non-small-cell lung cancer: cancer and leukemia group B study 9431Everett E Vokes
University of Chicago Medical Center and Cancer and Leukemia Group B, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4191-8. 2002....
- Two cycles of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine plus extended-field radiotherapy is superior to radiotherapy alone in early favorable Hodgkin's lymphoma: final results of the GHSG HD7 trialAndreas Engert
First Department of Internal Medicine, Coordination Center for Clinical Trials, and Department of Radiotherapy, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:3495-502. 2007To investigate whether combined-modality treatment (CMT) with two cycles of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) followed by extended-field radiotherapy (EF-RT) is superior to EF-RT alone in patients with early ..
- Randomized comparison of ABVD and MOPP/ABV hybrid for the treatment of advanced Hodgkin's disease: report of an intergroup trialDavid B Duggan
Department of Medicine, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:607-14. 2003In a series of trials, doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) and mechlorethamine, vincristine, procarbazine, prednisone, doxorubicin, bleomycin, and vinblastine (MOPP/ABV) have been identified as effective ..
- Therapeutic efficacy evaluation of 111In-labeled PEGylated liposomal vinorelbine in murine colon carcinoma with multimodalities of molecular imagingTong Hsien Chow
Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Nucl Med 50:2073-81. 2009..The goal of this study was to investigate the real therapeutic effectiveness of 6 mol% PEG (111)In-vinorelbine liposomes via the elevation of the radiation dosage and reduction in the concentration of chemotherapeutic agents...
- Randomized phase III trial of high-dose-intensity methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) chemotherapy and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor versus classic MVAC in advanced urothelial tract tumors: European OrganC N Sternberg
Vincenzo Pansadoro Foundation, Rome, Italy
J Clin Oncol 19:2638-46. 2001..evaluated antitumor activity of and survival asociated with high-dose-intensity chemotherapy with methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (HD-MVAC) versus MVAC in patients ..
- Mechanism of mitotic block and inhibition of cell proliferation by the semisynthetic Vinca alkaloids vinorelbine and its newer derivative vinflunineV K Ngan
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:225-32. 2001..Vinca alkaloids, vinorelbine and vinflunine, affect microtubule dynamics very differently from vinblastine, a first generation Vinca alkaloid...
- A modified Phase I trial of radiation dose escalation in 3D conformal radiation therapy with concurrent vinorelbine and carboplatin chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancerQiang Lin
Department of Oncology, Hebei Medical University North China Petroleum Bureau General Hospital, 8 Huizhan Avenue, Renqiu 062552, Hebei, China
J Radiat Res 54:126-34. 2013..A further evaluation of this regimen in a prospective Phase II trial is ongoing...
- Acute esophagitis and late lung toxicity in concurrent chemoradiotherapy trials in patients with locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: analysis of the radiation therapy oncology group (RTOG) databaseMaria Werner-Wasik
Department of Radiation Oncology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 12:245-51. 2011....
- International phase III trial assessing neoadjuvant cisplatin, methotrexate, and vinblastine chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: long-term results of the BA06 30894 trialGareth Griffiths
Medical Research Council Clinical Trials Unit, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 29:2171-7. 2011..multicenter randomized trial that investigated the use of neoadjuvant cisplatin, methotrexate, and vinblastine (CMV) chemotherapy in patients with muscle-invasive urothelial cancer of the bladder treated by cystectomy and/..
- Cisplatin plus gemcitabine versus a cisplatin-based triplet versus nonplatinum sequential doublets in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a Spanish Lung Cancer Group phase III randomized trialV Alberola
Hospital Arnau de Vilanova, San Clemente 12, 46015 Valencia, Spain
J Clin Oncol 21:3207-13. 2003..To compare the survival benefit obtained with cisplatin plus gemcitabine, a cisplatin-based triplet, and nonplatinum sequential doublets in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Standard and increased-dose BEACOPP chemotherapy compared with COPP-ABVD for advanced Hodgkin's diseaseVolker Diehl
First Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
N Engl J Med 348:2386-95. 2003..Faced with unsatisfactory results of treatment for advanced Hodgkin's disease, we investigated three combinations of chemotherapy...
- Results of treatment with doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine and dacarbazine and highly active antiretroviral therapy in advanced stage, human immunodeficiency virus-related Hodgkin's lymphomaBlanca Xicoy
Institut Català d Oncologia Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Haematologica 92:191-8. 2007Although doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine and dacarbazine (ABVD) is considered the standard chemotherapy regimen for Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL), information on the results of this therapy in human immunodeficiency (HIV)-related HL is ..
- Docetaxel and cisplatin with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) versus MVAC with G-CSF in advanced urothelial carcinoma: a multicenter, randomized, phase III study from the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology GroupA Bamias
Department of Clinical Therapeutics Urology, Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
J Clin Oncol 22:220-8. 2004The combination of methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) represents the standard regimen for inoperable or metastatic urothelial cancer, but its toxicity is significant...
- Randomized phase II/III trial assessing gemcitabine/ carboplatin and methotrexate/carboplatin/vinblastine in patients with advanced urothelial cancer "unfit" for cisplatin-based chemotherapy: phase II--results of EORTC study 30986Maria De Santis
Kaiser Franz Josef Hospital and Applied Cancer Research Institution for Translational Research, Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Applied Cancer Research, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 27:5634-9. 2009..We report here the phase II results of the study...
- Consolidation radiation after complete remission in Hodgkin's disease following six cycles of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine chemotherapy: is there a need?S Laskar
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Dr Ernest Borges Marg, Parel 400 012, Mumbai, India
J Clin Oncol 22:62-8. 2004..consolidation radiation in patients achieving a complete remission after six cycles of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) chemotherapy using event-free survival (EFS) and overall survival (OS) as primary end ..
- Adjuvant docetaxel or vinorelbine with or without trastuzumab for breast cancerHeikki Joensuu
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
N Engl J Med 354:809-20. 2006..We compared docetaxel with vinorelbine for the adjuvant treatment of early breast cancer. Women with tumors that overexpressed HER2/neu were also assigned to receive concomitant treatment with trastuzumab or no such treatment...
- Optimization of the preparation process of vinblastine sulfate (VBLS)-loaded folate-conjugated bovine serum albumin (BSA) nanoparticles for tumor-targeted drug delivery using response surface methodology (RSM)Yuangang Zu
Key Laboratory of Forest Plant Ecology, Northeast Forestry University, Ministry of Education, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Int J Nanomedicine 4:321-33. 2009..The anticancer drug, vinblastine sulfate (VBLS), was loaded to this tumor-specific drug carrier system for the purpose of overcoming the ..
- Microtubule dynamics are necessary for SRC family kinase-dependent growth cone steeringDaniel M Suter
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, P O Box 208103, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Curr Biol 14:1194-9. 2004..Pharmacological inhibition of microtubule assembly with low doses of taxol or vinblastine resulted in rapid clearance of microtubules from the P domain with little effect on central (C) axonal ..
- The c-Jun NH(2)-terminal protein kinase/AP-1 pathway is required for efficient apoptosis induced by vinblastineM Fan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205-7199, USA
Cancer Res 61:4450-8. 2001b>Vinblastine is an important antitumor agent that induces G(2)-M arrest and subsequent apoptosis in a wide variety of cell lines, but the molecular mechanisms that link mitotic arrest and apoptosis are poorly understood...
- Duration of chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomized trial of three versus six courses of mitomycin, vinblastine, and cisplatinI E Smith
Royal Marsden National Health Service Trust, London and Surrey, UK
J Clin Oncol 19:1336-43. 2001..We have carried out a multicenter randomized trial comparing three versus six courses of chemotherapy...
- A randomized trial of treatment for multisystem Langerhans' cell histiocytosisH Gadner
St Anna Children's Hospital, Vienna, Austria
J Pediatr 138:728-34. 2001OBJECTIVE: To compare 2 active agents, vinblastine and etoposide, in the treatment of multisystem Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (LCH) in an international randomized study...
- Inhibition of cell migration and cell division correlates with distinct effects of microtubule inhibiting drugsHailing Yang
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 285:32242-50. 2010..We conclude that drugs produce differential dose-dependent effects at microtubule plus and minus-ends to inhibit different microtubule-mediated functions...
- Optimization and characterization of a sphingomyelin/cholesterol liposome formulation of vinorelbine with promising antitumor activitySean C Semple
Inex Pharmaceuticals Corporation, 200 8900 Glenlyon Parkway, Glenlyon Business Park, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada V5J 5J8
J Pharm Sci 94:1024-38. 2005..activity against subcutaneous B16 melanoma tumors compared with VRL or SM/Chol formulations of vincristine or vinblastine. Finally, the stability of the formulation was excellent (<5% drug leakage, >99% intact VRL, no changes ..
- The JNK, ERK and p53 pathways play distinct roles in apoptosis mediated by the antitumor agents vinblastine, doxorubicin, and etoposideCheryl Brantley-Finley
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 66:459-69. 2003..b>Vinblastine, doxorubicin, or etoposide (VP-16) induced apoptotic cell death in KB-3 carcinoma cells, with similar kinetic ..
- Fluorescence spectroscopic methods to analyze drug-tubulin interactionsBhabatarak Bhattacharyya
Department of Biochemistry, Bose Institute, Kolkata 700 054, India
Methods Cell Biol 95:301-29. 2010..This will also help in developing molecules that have higher binding affinity to tubulin and can serve as potent anticancer agents...
- Oral vinorelbine and cisplatin as induction chemotherapy and concomitant chemo-radiotherapy in stage III non-small cell lung cancer: final results of an international phase II trialMaciej Krzakowski
Institut de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Boulogne Billancourt, France
J Thorac Oncol 3:994-1002. 2008....
- Improvement of Erdheim-Chester disease in two patients by sequential treatment with vinblastine and mycophenolate mofetilMichael C Jendro
Department of Rheumatology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Clin Rheumatol 23:52-6. 2004..progressed and a single application of corticosteroids was ineffective, sequential treatment with vinblastine and mycophenolate mofetil, together with prednisolone, was started...
- Carboplatin plus vinorelbine with concomitant radiation therapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a phase I studyPhilip C Hoffman
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC 2115, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Lung Cancer 38:65-71. 2002..5 months. We conclude that the combination of carboplatin, vinorelbine, and radiotherapy is feasible at these doses. It may be a useful alternative for patients not able to tolerate cisplatin-based therapy...
- A phase I/II study of high-dose tamoxifen in combination with vinblastine in patients with androgen-independent prostate cancerMichael Hamilton
Medicine Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Acta Oncol 42:195-201. 2003..phase I/II clinical trial the antitumor activity of high-dose tamoxifen when administered in combination with vinblastine was assessed and the toxicity profile of this combination characterized...
- Improvement of biodistribution and therapeutic index via increase of polyethylene glycol on drug-carrying liposomes in an HT-29/luc xenografted mouse modelTong Hsien Chow
Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Beitou, Taipei 112, Taiwan, R O C
Anticancer Res 29:2111-20. 2009....
- Stereocontrolled total synthesis of (+)-vinblastineSatoshi Yokoshima
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 124:2137-9. 2002A stereocontrolled total synthesis of (+)-vinblastine was accomplished, featuring preparations of the two indole units by means of a novel indole synthesis via radical cyclization of thioanilide, and a stereoselective coupling of these ..
- Overexpression of Pygopus2 protects HeLa cells from vinblastine-induced apoptosisDegejing De
The State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Hubei, PR China
Biol Chem 390:157-65. 2009..In the present study, we generated human carcinoma (HeLa) cell lines stably expressing Pygo2, which counteracts vinblastine- induced apoptosis...
- A prognostic model to predict outcome of patients failing to achieve pathological complete response after anthracycline-containing neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerSheng Chen
Department of Breast Surgery, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center Cancer Institute, Shanghai, P R China
J Surg Oncol 105:577-85. 2012....
- Characterization of highly stable liposomal and immunoliposomal formulations of vincristine and vinblastineCharles O Noble
Hermes Biosciences Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:741-51. 2009Liposome and immunoliposome formulations of two vinca alkaloids, vincristine and vinblastine, were prepared using intraliposomal triethylammonium sucroseoctasulfate and examined for their ability to stabilize the drug for targeted drug ..
- Synergistic antitumoral effect of vinblastine and HSV-Tk/GCV gene therapy mediated by albumin-associated cationic liposomesH Faneca
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, 3000 Coimbra, Portugal
J Control Release 126:175-84. 2008..The main goal of this work was to investigate the combined antitumoral effect of vinblastine with HSV-Tk/GCV "suicide" gene therapy mediated by human serum albumin (HSA)-associated lipoplexes, in mammary ..
- Vinblastine and sulfinpyrazone export by the multidrug resistance protein MRP2 is associated with glutathione exportR Evers
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Br J Cancer 83:375-83. 2000..In these cells MRP1 transports daunorubicin, and MRP2 vinblastine; both transporters export reduced glutathione (GSH) into the medium...
- HIV status does not influence outcome in patients with classical Hodgkin lymphoma treated with chemotherapy using doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine in the highly active antiretroviral therapy eraSilvia Montoto
Centre for Haemato Oncology, Barts Cancer Institute, Queen Mary University of London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 45 Little Britain, EC1A 7BE, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 30:4111-6. 2012..We analyzed the outcome of patients with Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) treated with doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) in the HAART era according to HIV serostatus to establish whether this also holds true ..
- Weekly vinorelbine is an effective palliative regimen after failure with anthracyclines and taxanes in metastatic breast carcinomaL Zelek
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Cancer 92:2267-72. 2001..The objective of the study was to assess the tolerance and efficiency of weekly vinorelbine in metastatic breast carcinoma after failure with taxanes...
- Sustained antitumor activity by co-targeting mTOR and the microtubule with temsirolimus/vinblastine combination in hepatocellular carcinomaQian Zhou
Department of Clinical Oncology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong
Biochem Pharmacol 83:1146-58. 2012..co-targeting of mTOR (by mTOR inhibitor temsirolimus) and the microtubule (by microtubule-destabilizing agent vinblastine) would be more efficacious than single targeting in HCC models...
- Assessment of circulating biomarkers for potential pharmacodynamic utility in patients with lymphomaA Greystoke
Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, The Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 104:719-25. 2011..Treatment efficacy and toxicity are difficult to predict in lymphoma patients. In this study, the utility of circulating biomarkers in predicting and/or monitoring treatment efficacy/toxicity were investigated...
- A comparison of thermodynamic parameters for vinorelbine- and vinflunine-induced tubulin self-association by sedimentation velocityS Lobert
School of Nursing, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
Mol Pharmacol 53:908-15. 1998..The overall affinities for tubulin of vincristine, vinblastine, and vinorelbine seem to correlate with their clinical doses, where vincristine with the highest overall ..
- Phase III study of docetaxel compared with vinorelbine in elderly patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results of the West Japan Thoracic Oncology Group Trial (WJTOG 9904)Shinzoh Kudoh
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Oncol 24:3657-63. 2006..This randomized phase III trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of docetaxel versus vinorelbine (the current standard treatment) in elderly patients...
- Randomized phase II study of carboplatin/gemcitabine versus vinorelbine/gemcitabine in patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer: West Japan Thoracic Oncology Group (WJTOG) 0104Nobuyuki Yamamoto
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Shizuoka Cancer Center Hospital, Naga Izumi, Japan
Cancer 107:599-605. 2006..The authors conducted a randomized Phase II study of GC versus GV to compare them in terms of efficacy and toxicity...
- Cisplatin versus carboplatin in combination with mitomycin and vinblastine in advanced non small cell lung cancer. A multicenter, randomized phase III trialAdriano Paccagnella
Department of Medical Oncology, SS Giovanni and Paolo Hospital, Campo S Giovanni e Paolo, 30100 Venice, Italy
Lung Cancer 43:83-91. 2004..The combination of cisplatin with Mitomycin and Vinblastine was one of the most frequently used in the palliative setting at the time of design of our study.
- Griseofulvin stabilizes microtubule dynamics, activates p53 and inhibits the proliferation of MCF-7 cells synergistically with vinblastineKrishnan Rathinasamy
Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400076, Maharashtra India
BMC Cancer 10:213. 2010..This work aims to understand how griseofulvin suppresses microtubule dynamics in living cells and sought to elucidate the antimitotic and antiproliferative action of the drug...
- Pharmacokinetic evaluation of the vinorelbine-lapatinib combination in the treatment of breast cancer patientsKeyvan Rezai
Institut Curie Hôpital René Huguenin, Saint Cloud, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:1529-36. 2011..The objectives of this study were to investigate the pharmacokinetics of intra-venous vinorelbine combined with lapatinib as well as the effect of covariates in breast cancer patients...
- Up-regulation of connexin 32 gene by 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine enhances vinblastine-induced cytotoxicity in human renal carcinoma cells via the activation of JNK signallingY Takano
National Institute of Health and Nutrition, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 80:463-70. 2010..a member of gap junction gene family and a tumor suppressor gene in human renal cell carcinoma (RCC), enhanced vinblastine (VBL)-induced cytotoxicity on RCC cells, due to the suppression of multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) gene product, ..
- Isolated central nervous system metastases in patients with HER2-overexpressing advanced breast cancer treated with first-line trastuzumab-based therapyH J Burstein
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann Oncol 16:1772-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to characterize the prevalence and predictors of central nervous system (CNS) metastasis among women with HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer receiving trastuzumab-based therapy...
- Effect of vinblastine sulfate on gamma-radiation-induced DNA single-strand breaks in murine tissuesRema Rajagopalan
Radiation Biology and Health Sciences Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai, 400085, India
Mutat Res 536:15-25. 2003The effect of vinblastine sulfate on gamma-radiation-induced DNA strand breaks in different tissues of tumour bearing mice, was studied by single-cell gel electrophoresis. Intraperitonial administration of different doses (0.25-2...
- Combination of chemotherapy without platinum compounds in the treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review of phase III trialsFabrice Barlesi
Montpellier Academic Hospital, Unité d Oncologie Thoracique, Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, avenue du Doyen Giraud, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Lung Cancer 49:289-98. 2005....
- Successful treatment of adult onset Langerhans cell histiocytosis with multi-drug combination therapyEri Matsuki
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Japan
Intern Med 50:909-14. 2011..of adult onset LCH, which obtained a durable disease control by combination chemotherapy using prednisone, vinblastine and 6-mercaptopurine. Herein, we report their clinical features together with a review of the current literature...
- Life-threatening interaction between antiretroviral therapy and vinblastine in HIV-associated multicentric Castleman's diseaseRami Kotb
Department of Internal Medicine, CHU Bicetre, AP HP, Le Kremlin Bicetre, Cedex, France
Eur J Haematol 76:269-71. 2006..Potential interactions exist between antiretroviral drugs, in particular protease inhibitors, and anti-neoplastic ones, but their impact in terms of clinical and haematological adverse events remains unclear...
- Phase II trial of weekly vinorelbine and trastuzumab as first-line therapy in patients with HER2(+) metastatic breast cancerMohammad Jahanzeb
The Boca Raton Comprehensive Cancer Center, Florida, USA
Oncologist 7:410-7. 2002..These findings, coupled with the favorable antitumor activity and tolerability profile of vinorelbine in breast cancer, provided the rationale for investigating the novel combination of vinorelbine and trastuzumab...
- Long-term events in adult patients with clinical stage IA-IIA nonbulky Hodgkin's lymphoma treated with four cycles of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine and adjuvant radiotherapy: a single-institution 15-year follow-upErcole Brusamolino
Clinica Ematologica and Servizio di Radioterapia Oncologica, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:6487-93. 2006To report on long-term events after short doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) chemotherapy and adjuvant radiotherapy in favorable early-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Effect of cell differentiation and passage number on the expression of efflux proteins in wild type and vinblastine-induced Caco-2 cell linesSanna Siissalo
Division of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:548-54. 2007..expression of MDR1, MRP1-6, BCRP and CYP3A4 was determined by quantitative PCR in wild type (Caco-2WT) and vinblastine-treated (Caco-2VBL) Caco-2 cells at different passage levels (32-53)...
- Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancerRodrigo Arriagada
Instituto de Radiomedicina, Santiago, Chile
N Engl J Med 350:351-60. 2004..On the basis of a previous meta-analysis, the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial was designed to evaluate the effect of cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy on survival after complete resection of non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Distinct signaling pathways of microtubule inhibitors--vinblastine and Taxol induce JNK-dependent cell death but through AP-1-dependent and AP-1-independent mechanisms, respectivelySergey N Kolomeichuk
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
FEBS J 275:1889-99. 2008b>Vinblastine and paclitaxel (Taxol) are widely used chemotherapeutic drugs that inhibit the normal function of microtubules causing mitotic arrest and cell death...
- Liver metastases from uveal melanoma: clinical experience of hepatic arterial infusion of cisplatin, vinblastine and dacarbazineBohuslav Melichar
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Palacký University Medical School and Teaching Hospital, I P Pavlova 6, 775 20 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 56:1157-62. 2009..Liver is the most common site of metastases in uveal melanoma. Hepatic arterial infusion of cytotoxic agents may be an effective method of controlling the disease in these patients...
- Cytotoxic effects of 27 anticancer drugs in HeLa and MDR1-overexpressing derivative cell linesKohji Takara
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto Pharmacutical University, Misasagi, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:771-8. 2002..HeLa-derived Hvrl-1, HvrlO-6, and Hvr100-6 cells, which were newly established by stepwise exposure to vinblastine. FACS and RT-PCR analysis indicated that MDR1 (P-glycoprotein) was induced without any alterations in ..
- Induction of apoptosis by vinblastine via c-Jun autoamplification and p53-independent down-regulation of p21WAF1/CIP1Sergey N Kolomeichuk
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Mail Slot 516, 4301 W Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205 7199, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:128-36. 2008b>Vinblastine treatment in all cell lines examined causes a robust increase in c-Jun protein expression and phosphorylation and a corresponding increase in activator protein-1 (AP-1) transcriptional activity...
- International guidelines for management of metastatic breast cancer: combination vs sequential single-agent chemotherapyFatima Cardoso
Department of Medical Oncology, Medical Oncology and Translational Research Unit, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1174-81. 2009..Additional research is needed to determine the impact of therapy on patient-rated quality of life and to identify predictive factors that can be used to guide therapy...
- Gemcitabine plus vinorelbine versus vinorelbine alone in elderly patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancerG Frasci
Division of Medical Oncology, City Hospital, Avellino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:2529-36. 2000..To evaluate whether the addition of gemcitabine (G) to vinorelbine (V) improves survival and quality of life (QoL) among elderly patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Regulation of Bax by c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase and Bcl-xL in vinblastine-induced apoptosisRong Chu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 78:241-8. 2009Microtubule inhibitors, such as vinblastine, are widely used in cancer chemotherapy. Vinblastine exerts its antitumor effect by inducing apoptosis...
- Localized childhood Hodgkin's disease: response-adapted chemotherapy with etoposide, bleomycin, vinblastine, and prednisone before low-dose radiation therapy-results of the French Society of Pediatric Oncology Study MDH90J Landman-Parker
Departments of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, Institut Curie, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 18:1500-7. 2000..study demonstrated the effectiveness of 20 Gy irradiation of involved fields after doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) or mechlorethamine, vincristine, procarbazine, and prednisone/ABVD chemotherapy in ..
- Long-term follow-up of a phase III intergroup study of cisplatin alone or in combination with methotrexate, vinblastine, and doxorubicin in patients with metastatic urothelial carcinoma: a cooperative group studyS B Saxman
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:2564-9. 1997A previously reported randomized intergroup trial demonstrated that combination chemotherapy with methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (M-VAC) was superior to single-agent cisplatin in patients with advanced urothelial ..
- Phase III randomized trial comparing three platinum-based doublets in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerG V Scagliotti
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Torino, Turin
J Clin Oncol 20:4285-91. 2002..To evaluate whether two commonly used newer platinum-based regimens offer any advantage over vinorelbine-cisplatin (reference regimen) in response rate for patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Microtubules facilitate autophagosome formation and fusion of autophagosomes with endosomesRobert Köchl
Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, Secretory Pathways Laboratory, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PX, UK
Traffic 7:129-45. 2006..To determine the role of microtubules in autophagy, we used nocodazole and vinblastine to disrupt microtubules and independently measured formation and fusion of autophagsosomes in primary rat ..
- BCL-2 expression in Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells of classical Hodgkin disease predicts a poorer prognosis in patients treated with ABVD or equivalent regimensGeorge Z Rassidakis
Department of Lymphoma Myeloma, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Blood 100:3935-41. 2002..0016, by log-rank test). For the 412 patients treated with adriamycin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) or equivalent regimens, the 5-year FFS for tumors with versus without BCL-2 expression ..
- Microtubule assembly dynamics: an attractive target for anticancer drugsParminder Singh
School of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400076, India
IUBMB Life 60:368-75. 2008..Here, we suggest that these drugs may have a significant use in cancer chemotherapy when used in combination with other anticancer drugs...
- Combined therapeutic effects of vinblastine and rapamycin on human neuroblastoma growth, apoptosis, and angiogenesisDanilo Marimpietri
Laboratory of Oncology, G Gaslini Children s Hospital, Italian Neuroblastoma Foundation c o National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 13:3977-88. 2007b>Vinblastine and rapamycin displayed synergistic inhibition of human neuroblastoma-related angiogenesis. Here, we studied the antitumor activity of vinblastine and rapamycin against human neuroblastoma.
- Evaluation of pharmacokinetics of 111In-labeled VNB-PEGylated liposomes after intraperitoneal and intravenous administration in a tumor/ascites mouse modelYi Yu Lin
Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 24:453-60. 2009..v. route. This study demonstrates that i.p. administration is a better approach than i.v. injection for IVNBPL, when applied to the treatment of i.p. malignant disease in a tumor/ascites mouse model...
- Vinblastine and methotrexate for desmoid fibromatosis in children: results of a Pediatric Oncology Group Phase II TrialStephen X Skapek
Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:501-6. 2007To determine the efficacy and safety of using vinblastine (Vbl) and methotrexate (Mtx) in children with desmoid-type fibromatosis that is recurrent or not amenable to treatment with radiation or surgery.
- Vinflunine in platinum-pretreated patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma: results of a large phase 2 studyDavid J Vaughn
Department of Medicine, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer 115:4110-7. 2009..The activity and safety of vinflunine was evaluated in patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma (UC) who developed disease progression within 12 months of platinum-containing chemotherapy...
- Palliative chemotherapy beyond three courses conveys no survival or consistent quality-of-life benefits in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerC von Plessen
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital and Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, N 5018 Bergen, Norway
Br J Cancer 95:966-73. 2006..21, HR 0.86, 95% CI 0.68-1.08). In conclusion, palliative chemotherapy with carboplatin and vinorelbine beyond three courses conveys no survival or consistent QoL benefits in advanced NSCLC...
- ERK inhibitor PD98059 enhances docetaxel-induced apoptosis of androgen-independent human prostate cancer cellsStanislav Zelivianski
Department of Biochemistry Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 4525, USA
Int J Cancer 107:478-85. 2003..This may lower the cytotoxicity and enhance tumor suppression in vivo. This finding of a combination effect could be of potential clinical importance in treating hormone-refractory prostate cancer...
- Reversal of stathmin-mediated resistance to paclitaxel and vinblastine in human breast carcinoma cellsElizabeth Alli
The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Department of Pharmacology, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Mol Pharmacol 71:1233-40. 2007..G(2)/M progression, respectively, and sensitize stathmin-overexpressing breast cancer cells to paclitaxel and vinblastine. Furthermore, targeting wee-1 led to the phosphorylation of stathmin, which is known to attenuate its activity...
- Higher biologically effective dose of radiotherapy is associated with improved outcomes for locally advanced non-small cell lung carcinoma treated with chemoradiation: an analysis of the Radiation Therapy Oncology GroupMitchell Machtay
University Hospitals Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:425-34. 2012..Patients treated with chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced non-small-cell lung carcinoma (LA-NSCLC) were analyzed for local-regional failure (LRF) and overall survival (OS) with respect to radiotherapy dose intensity...
- Adjuvant methotrexate, vinblastine, adriamycin, and cisplatin chemotherapy has potential to prevent recurrence of bladder tumors after surgical removal of upper urinary tract transitional cell carcinomaNorihito Soga
Department of Reparative and Regenerative Medicine, Division of Nephro Urologic Surgery and Andrology, Institute of Medical Life Science, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Int J Urol 15:800-3. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy of adjuvant platinum based chemotherapy in upper urinary tract urothelial cancer following surgical resection in terms of survival benefit and inhibition of bladder cancer recurrence...
- Dose-intensive vinorelbine with concurrent granulocyte colony-stimulating factor support in paclitaxel-refractory metastatic breast cancerR B Livingston
Division of Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6043, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:1395-400. 1997..Objective tumor response, DDI, and toxicity were assessed, as well as time to progression (TTP) and survival...
- Different effects of vinblastine on the polymerization of isotypically purified tubulins from bovine brainIsrar A Khan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Invest New Drugs 21:3-13. 2003b>Vinblastine, a highly successful antitumor drug, targets the tubulin molecule. Tubulin, the subunit protein of microtubules, consists of an alpha- and a beta-subunit, both of which consist of isotypes encoded by different genes...
- Randomized study of intensive MOPP-ABVD with or without low-dose total-nodal radiation therapy in the treatment of stages IIB, IIIA2, IIIB, and IV Hodgkin's disease in pediatric patients: a Pediatric Oncology Group studyM A Weiner
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:2769-79. 1997..of alternating mechlorethamine, vincristine, procarbazine, and prednisone (MOPP) and doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) will improve the event-free survival (EFS) and overall survival (OS) when compared with ..
- Gemcitabine plus vinorelbine yields better survival outcome than vinorelbine alone in elderly patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. A Southern Italy Cooperative Oncology Group (SICOG) phase III trialG Frasci
Division of Medical Oncology, National Turnor Institute, Via M Semmola 80131, Naples, Italy
Lung Cancer 34:S65-9. 2001..This phase III study was aimed at evaluating whether the addition of gemcitabine (G) to vinorelbine (V) could improve the survival and quality of life (QoL) of elderly patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Trastuzumab and vinorelbine as first-line therapy for HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer: multicenter phase II trial with clinical outcomes, analysis of serum tumor markers as predictive factors, and cardiac surveillance algorithmHarold J Burstein
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2889-95. 2003..We conducted a multicenter phase II study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of trastuzumab combined with vinorelbine, and to assess cardiac surveillance algorithms and tumor markers as prognostic tools...
- Clinical activity of trastuzumab and vinorelbine in women with HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancerH J Burstein
Division of Adult Oncology and Department of Biostatistical Science, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:2722-30. 2001..CONCLUSION: Trastuzumab in combination with vinorelbine is highly active in women with HER2-overexpressing advanced breast cancer and is well tolerated...
- Trastuzumab plus vinorelbine or taxane chemotherapy for HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer: the trastuzumab and vinorelbine or taxane studyHarold J Burstein
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer 110:965-72. 2007..The trastuzumab and vinorelbine or taxane (TRAVIOTA) study was a prospective, multicenter, randomized trial that was designed to compare these regimens...
- Oral vinorelbine pharmacokinetics and absolute bioavailability study in patients with solid tumorsM Marty
, Paris, France
Ann Oncol 12:1643-9. 2001..Reliable, corresponding doses between oral and i.v. vinorelbine were established, which will result in bioequivalent AUC...
- Phase III study of intravenous vinorelbine in combination with epirubicin versus epirubicin alone in patients with advanced breast cancer: a Scandinavian Breast Group Trial (SBG9403)Bent Ejlertsen
Department of Oncology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 22:2313-20. 2004..To determine whether the addition of intravenous (IV) vinorelbine to epirubicin increased the progression-free survival in first-line treatment of metastatic breast cancer...
- Triplets versus doublets, with or without cisplatin, in the first-line treatment of stage IIIB-IV non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients: a multicenter randomised factorial trial (FAST)C Boni
Oncology Unit, S Maria Nuova Hospital, Viale Risorgimento 80, Reggio Emilia 42123, Italy
Br J Cancer 106:658-65. 2012....
- A phase I study of personalized peptide vaccination for advanced urothelial carcinoma patients who failed treatment with methotrexate, vinblastine, adriamycin and cisplatinKazumasa Matsumoto
Department of Urology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Japan
BJU Int 108:831-8. 2011..of 12 consecutive weeks of once-weekly personalized peptide vaccine (PPV) administration in patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma (UC) for whom therapy with methotrexate, vinblastine, adriamycin and cisplatin (MVAC) has failed.
- Reduced tumor oxygenation by treatment with vinblastineG Sersa
Department of Tumor Biology, Institute of Oncology Ljubljana, Zaloska 2, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Cancer Res 61:4266-71. 2001b>Vinblastine (VLB) previously has been shown to perturb tumor blood flow, but the effect of these perturbations on tissue oxygenation is not known...
- Phase II randomized study of daily gefitinib treatment alone or with vinorelbine every 2 weeks in patients with adenocarcinoma of the lung who failed at least 2 regimens of chemotherapyYuh Min Chen
Chest Department, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer 109:1821-8. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess the efficacy of adding chronic, intermittent, low-dose vinorelbine to gefitinib treatment for patients who had adenocarcinoma of the lung who failed>or=2 regimens of chemotherapy...
- Synthesis, Biosynthesis, and Structure of Antitumor AgentsThomas R Hoye; Fiscal Year: 2013..mitomycin, mylotarg (from calicheamicin), streptozotocin, taxol (and docetaxel), vincristine, and vinblastine. Many more are in various stages of clinical trial. Newman and Cragg report (J. Nat. Prod...
- Enzymes of the Vinca AlkaloidsAimee Usera; Fiscal Year: 2010..produces a wealth of biologically active alkaloids including the potent anticancer molecules vincristine and vinblastine and the antihypertension agent ajmalicine. The complex nature of the C...
- Mitigating chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy by augmenting axonal NADSamie R Jaffrey; Fiscal Year: 2013..treatment with NAD markedly delays and reduces sensory axon degeneration elicited by vinca alkaloids, such as vinblastine and vincristine, which are commonly used in cancer chemotherapy...
- STEREOCONTROLLED SYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE ALKALOIDSVIRESH RAWAL; Fiscal Year: 2007..The first part describes studies directed toward the synthesis of the important anticancer agents vinblastine and vincristine, and their analogs...
- CONTROL OF HEMATOPOIETIC TOXICITY WITH INTERLEUKIN-1VINCENT GALLICCHIO; Fiscal Year: 1990..The drugs to be used are vinblastine, cyclophosphamide, colchicine, cytosine arabinoside, actinomycin-D, 5-fluorouracil, methotrexate and bleomycin...
- ANTITUMOR AGENTS FROM BLUE-GREEN ALGAERichard Moore; Fiscal Year: 2002..tumors and (2) ones that are able to potentiate the cytotoxicity of standard antitumor drugs like vinblastine and adriamycin toward drug-resistant cells, i.e. reverse MDR...
- ASSESSMENT OF GENETIC DAMAGE INDUCED BY CHEMOTHERAPYJAN LIANG; Fiscal Year: 1992..drugs include nitrogen, mustard, vincristine, procarbazine and prednisone (MOPP) and adriamycin, bleomycin, vinblastine and dacarbazine (ABVD)...
- Formulation Dependent Help Interactions with Chemothera*David Kroll; Fiscal Year: 2005..CYP3A4 metabolizes etoposide as well as vincristine, vinblastine, irinotecan (CPT-11) and tamoxifen...
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Vinca alkaloids vincristine and vinblastine as well as Taxol and the taxanes are antitubulin agents used against a wide variety of tumors including ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF ANTITUMOR DRUGSRichard Luduena; Fiscal Year: 2000..Because of their role in mitosis, microtubules are the target of taxol, vinblastine and other anti-tumor drugs...
- BIOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF P-GLYCOPROTEINAHMAD SAFA; Fiscal Year: 1999..The specific aims are (1) investigate the modes of interaction of taxol and vinblastine (VBL) with cyclosporin A (CsA) analogs, tamoxifen (TAM) and related agents, and other MDR modulators for ..
- Cell Survival Pathways and Inhibitors in LeukemiaAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specifically, it has been shown that a MEK inhibitor can dramatically enhance the rate of apoptosis induced by vinblastine in myeloid leukemia ML-1 cells and HL6O cells...
- MUTAGENIC ACTION OF CANCER THERAPY ON TESTIS CELLSMarvin Meistrich; Fiscal Year: 1992..The effects of the new regimen of NOVP (novantrone, oncovin, vinblastine, prednisone) and radiotherapy for HD on sperm counts in men will be determined by evaluating the kinetics of ..
- SYNTHESIS OF TAXININE AND TAXOLCHARLES SWINDELL; Fiscal Year: 1992..Unlike classical spindle poisons (e.g. colchicine, vinblastine), taxol is unique in its ability to promote the polymerization of tubulin into microtubular structures in the ..
- CELLULAR REGULATION OF HEPATOCYTE EXCRETORY FUNCTIONEDWARD OLINGER; Fiscal Year: 1980..c. Drugs: Phenobarbital, 3-methylcholanthrene, colchicine, vinblastine, cytochalasin B. d...
- MECHANISMS AND MODULATION OF ETOPOSIDE--VP-16 RESISTANCEJack Yalowich; Fiscal Year: 1991..in sensitive human leukemia cells in vitro and in cells selected for resistance in the presence of VP-16 or vinblastine (VLB)...
- PHARMACOPHORE INTERACTIONS WITH TUBULIN OF CRYPTOPHYCINSGunda Georg; Fiscal Year: 2001..and greatly reduced susceptibility to P-glycoprotein-mediated multiple drug resistance in comparison to vinblastine, colchicine and taxol...
- CELLULAR CONCOMITANTS OF VINCRISTINE RESISTANCEJUNE BIEDLER; Fiscal Year: 1992..channel blockers have been shown to override multidrug resistance and, in the case of verapamil, to displace vinblastine- bindings to gp150-180...
- ALKYLATING AGENTS AND DRUG RESISTANCEKenneth Tew; Fiscal Year: 1999..membrane and cytoskeletal target specificities in cell lines and human biopsies generated from a Phase II EM/vinblastine trial...
- MDR1 IN HUMAN INTESTINEKenneth Lown; Fiscal Year: 1999..of mdr1 expression affects the threshold and rate of "absorption" of the mdr1 substrates, cyclosporin A and vinblastine, across cultured Caco-2 cell monolayers...
- Vindoline and VinblastineDale L Boger; Fiscal Year: 2013..on the diastereoselective, asymmetric total synthesis of vindoline and the clinically important antitumor drug vinblastine are detailed based on the implementation of a tandem [4+2]/[3+2] cycloaddition cascade of 1,3,4-oxadiazoles, ..
- EFFECT OF TAMOXIFEN ON REVERSING THE MDR PHENOTYPEEllin Berman; Fiscal Year: 1992..the lymphoblastic leukemia line CEM and the myeloid leukemia cell line HL-60 along with, respectively, their vinblastine and vincristine-resistant sublines CEM-VBL and HL- 60/RV+...
- UNDERSTANDING THE DESIGN OF MOLECULAR MOTORSJohn Murray; Fiscal Year: 2000..motile systems have therapeutic applications in humans: colchicine, used for in gouty arthritis; vincristine, vinblastine, and taxol, used for their anti-mitotic effects against a variety of neoplasms; griseofulvin, an anti-fungal ..
- Novel anti-melanoma agents and their mechanism of actionHarish Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2009..efficacy and toxicity of the noscapine analogs with those of other currently used microtubule agents, Taxol(R), vinblastine, and vinorelbine in prostate and colon cancers...
- STEREOCONTROLLED SYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE ALKALOIDSVIRESH RAWAL; Fiscal Year: 2000..and vindoline, the latter representing the lower part of the potent and clinically important anticancer agent vinblastine. The third part describes the application of some of the newly developed chemistry to a wide range of natural ..
- CELL DEATH INDUCED BY ANTICANCER AGENTSAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, it has been shown that a MEK inhibitor can dramatically enhance the rate of apoptosis induced by vinblastine in myeloid leukemia ML-1 cells and HL60 cells. The MEK inhibitor does not sensitize cells to paclitaxel...
- LEUKOCYTE ACTIVATION--INFLUENCE OF THE CYTOSKELETONMarilyn Pike; Fiscal Year: 1993..Certain anti-neoplastic agents such as vinblastine and vincristine are thought to exert their effects through disruption of the cytoskeleton...
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF DRUG SENSITIVITYWilliam Hait; Fiscal Year: 2003..For example, taxanes, such as paclitaxel and docetaxel, and vinca alkaloids, such as vinorelbine, and vinblastine, are amongst the most active drugs in the treatment of common malignancies including breast, lung, and prostate...
- ANALOGS OF ANTINEOPLASTIC INDOLE ALKALOIDSRICHARD SUNDBERG; Fiscal Year: 1991..to synthesize and characterize new analogs at the antineoplastic dimeric indole alkaloids of the vincristine- vinblastine type...
- DNA DAMAGE AS PREDICTOR OF CLINICAL RESPONSE IN MELANOMAFrancis Ali Osman; Fiscal Year: 1999..from patients enrolled in a randomized intergroup (ECOG/SWOG) trial comparing chemotherapy alone (cisplatin, vinblastine and DTIC, CVD) with CVD combined with IL-2 and IFN (biochemotherapy)...
- TOTAL SYNTHESES OF INDOLE ALKALOIDSMARTIN KUEHNE; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, we extend in this project our initial discovery of vinblastine/vincristine congeners that lack the neurotoxicity of the parent anti-cancer drugs, to establishment of ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTHRACYCLINONESWILLIAM WULFF; Fiscal Year: 1993..is proposed that they be investigated with regard to the synthesis of several members of the aspidospermia alkaloid family including vindoline which is a constituent of the dimeric antitumor indole alkaloids vinblastine and vincristine.
- 2,5 CYCLOHEXADIENONES IN NATURAL PRODUCTS SYNTHESISMark Wentland; Fiscal Year: 2001..expected that an efficient asymmetric synthesis of (-)-vindoline component of the important carcinostatic drugs vinblastine and vincristine will be completed during the next grant period...
- CENTRAL & PERIPHERAL EFFECT OF VINBLASTINE & VINCRISTINESHARON COREY; Fiscal Year: 1980..objective of this project is to study the conditions for inducing, the characteristics, and the mechanisms of vinblastine (VLB) and vincristine (VCR) neurotoxicity on peripheral and central neurons...
- STRUCTURAL/SYNTHETIC STUDIES OF BIOACTIVE MARINE AGENTSDaniel Romo; Fiscal Year: 1999..to a novel class of antineoplastic agents that exert their effects via the colchicine binding site of tubulin in contrast to other known inhibitors of tubulin polymerization which exert their effects at the vinblastine binding site.
- New mitosis specific anticancer agentsJulian Simon; Fiscal Year: 2005..e. paclitaxel and vinblastine). In a broad sense, tubulin is a component of the pathway of mitosis...
- Novel human gene-IG20-potential role in cancer therapyBellur Prabhakar; Fiscal Year: 2009..of DENN-SV enhances proliferation and resistance to apoptosis induced by TNF-alpha, TRAIL, etoposide, vinblastine and gamma-radiation...
- HERRING BODY AND PITUICYTE IN NEUROSECRETIONDIETER DELLMANN; Fiscal Year: 1980..Similar studies will be carried out on Herring bodies induced through iontophoretic injection of vinblastine into the preopticohypophsial tract of the frog...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF THE ANTITUMOR ALKALOIDS OF CATHARANTHUSAlastair Scott; Fiscal Year: 1991..and transformations from tryptophan and secologanin up to the complex dimeric oncolytic alkaloids vinblastine and vincristine will be examined...
- Total Synthesis of Kopsimaline ATimothy J Barker; Fiscal Year: 2012..Kopsimaline A will also be tested in concert with a number of vinblastine analogues that have already been synthesized by the Boger laboratory in search of an effective combination for ..
- SYNTHESIS OF MEDICINALLY INTERESTING MOLECULESRonald Parry; Fiscal Year: 1999..of catharanthine and its analogs will enable the preparation of a variety of hitherto inaccessible analogs of vinblastine, a potent antitumor agent currently used clinically...
- The Apoptotic Role of MEKK1 in Cancer ChemotherapyGenhong Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..Microtubule disruption agents such as vinblastine, vincristine, and paclitaxel represent a growing family of anti-cancer drugs...
- IDENTIFYING INHIBITORS OF THE APC/C USING YEAST MUTANTSDaniel Burke; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tubulin is a validated target for anti-cancer chemotherapy. A number of natural products, such as taxol, vinblastine and vincristine are effective against a broad spectrum of tumors when used individually or in combination ..
- PHOSPHATIDYLINOSITOL METABOLISM AND INFLAMMATIONElizabeth Gillespie; Fiscal Year: 1980..b>Vinblastine, an agent known to bind to tubulin and thereby disrupt microtubules, was found to inhibit the Con A induced ..
- Stress-activated Protein Kinases and ChemotherapyTimothy Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2005..NH2-terminal protein kinase (JNK) in the mechanism of action of antimitotic anticancer drugs, particularly vinblastine. In Specific Aim 1 we will specifically inhibit JNK signaling to c-Jun/AP-1 and examine the effects of AP-1 ..
- EFFECT OF AGE ON TASTELLOYD BEIDLER; Fiscal Year: 1991..3) Finally, changes in taste bud renewal will be experimentally introduced by injecting vinblastine sulfate, which arrests mitosis in its metaphase and by injecting testosterone, which alters the life cycle of ..
- PROLACTIN INHIBITION OF APOPTOSIS--MECHANISM OF ACTIONArthur Buckley; Fiscal Year: 2001..determine whether ectopic pim-1 overexpression inhibits glucocorticoid (dexamethasone)-, anti-neoplastic agent (vinblastine)-, or heat shock-activated apoptosis in Nb2 cells; S.A...
- SYNTHESIS OF MOLECULES OF BIOLOGICAL INTERESTPhilip Magnus; Fiscal Year: 1990i) To complete the synthesis of the antitumor agent vinblastine. (ii) To investigate the mechanism of the coupling reaction. (iii) To synthesize rationally designed analogs on the basis of the proposed mechanism of action...
- Clinical Activity of 17-AAG in LymphomaAnas Younes; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 3 we will correlate the biologic effects of 17-AAG and clinical response in patients with relapsed MCL, ALCL, and HL. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Action of Anti-Mitotic DrugsMary Jordan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The binding of radiolabeled taxol or vinblastine to purified centrosomal tubulins, the effects of antimitotic drugs on the organization of gamma-, delta-, and ..
- ROLE OF NITRIC OXIDE IN FERTILIZATIONDavid Epel; Fiscal Year: 2002..The possible role of NO in regulating the egg's ion channels (as part of polyspermy block) and sperm physiology (such as motility and the acrosome reaction) will also be investigated. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Changes in Tumor DNA Methylation with DecitabineDavid Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2006..This preliminary look at individual genes may provide a molecular rationale for future decitabine therapeutic studies in specific relevant tumor types. ..
- TUBULIN STRUCTURE BY ELECTRON CRYSTALLOGRAPHYKENNETH DOWNING; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CCD Camera for Intermediate Voltage Electron MicroscopesKenneth H Downing; Fiscal Year: 2010..These adaptations will produce substantial benefits in work ranging from high-resolution structural studies of proteins and viruses to the three dimensional study of cell ultrastructure. ..
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Epidemiology of Recurrent Aphthous StomatitisLorena Baccaglini; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the cause of canker sores can lead to better treatments for patients affected by this condition. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMMUNIZATION AGAINST TUMOR CELL ANTIGENSPaul Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This close mentoring relationship reflects our current teaching paradigm. The grant award will provide the PI with more time to conduct the clinical trials and to mentor additional beginning clinical investigators. ..
- In Vitro High Throughput Screening Assay for MKP-3(RMI)JOHN LAZO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Nonetheless, no potent or selective small molecule inhibitors of this protein phosphatase have been identified. This proposal will provide sufficient reagents to permit a high throughput screening of 100,000 compounds ..
- Metallothionein, Environment Insult and Bladder CancerDonald Sens; Fiscal Year: 2005..The completion of these studies would provide a strong link between a protein family known to mediate the cell's response to environmental exposure and a cancer strongly associated with exposure to environmental agents. ..
- GVHD and Relapse:Ex-Vivo Expanded Allogeneic TherapySally Arai; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..