Genomes and Genes
Summary: A group of indole-indoline dimers which are ALKALOIDS obtained from the VINCA genus of plants. They inhibit polymerization of TUBULIN into MICROTUBULES thus blocking spindle formation and arresting cells in METAPHASE. They are some of the most useful ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS.
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Vinca alkaloids cause aberrant ROS-mediated JNK activation, Mcl-1 downregulation, DNA damage, mitochondrial dysfunction, and apoptosis in lung adenocarcinoma cellsWei Hsin Chiu
Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 83:1159-71. 2012b>Vinca alkaloids are clinically used to inhibit the growth of malignancy by interfering with microtubule polymerization...
- Mechanism of mitotic block and inhibition of cell proliferation by the semisynthetic Vinca alkaloids vinorelbine and its newer derivative vinflunineV K Ngan
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:225-32. 2001The two second-generation Vinca alkaloids, vinorelbine and vinflunine, affect microtubule dynamics very differently from vinblastine, a first generation Vinca alkaloid...
- Optimized anti-tumor effects of anthracyclines plus Vinca alkaloids using a novel, mechanism-based application scheduleHarald Ehrhardt
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Munich, Germany
Blood 118:6123-31. 2011Application of anthracyclines and Vinca alkaloids on the same day represents a hallmark of polychemotherapy protocols for hematopoietic malignancies...
- The leaf epidermome of Catharanthus roseus reveals its biochemical specializationJun Murata
Department of Biological Sciences, Brock University, St Catharines, Ontario L2S3A1 Canada
Plant Cell 20:524-42. 2008..The value and versatility of this EST data set for biochemical and biological analysis of leaf epidermal cells is also discussed...
- Molecular docking and pharmacogenomics of vinca alkaloids and their monomeric precursors, vindoline and catharanthineSerkan Sertel
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 81:723-35. 2011..In addition to tubulin as primary target, microarray-based mRNA signatures of responsiveness of these compounds have been identified by COMPARE and signaling pathway profiling...
- Tubulin-based structure-affinity relationships for antimitotic Vinca alkaloidsClaire Coderch
Departmento de Farmacologia, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 12:219-25. 2012The Vinca alkaloids are a group of widely used anticancer drugs, originally extracted from the Madagascar periwinkle, that disrupt microtubule dynamics in mammalian cells by interfering with proper assembly of α,β-tubulin heterodimers...
- Combining doublecortin-like kinase silencing and vinca alkaloids results in a synergistic apoptotic effect in neuroblastoma cellsCarla S Verissimo
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 342:119-30. 2012Microtubule-destabilizing agents, such as vinca alkaloids (VAs), are part of the treatment currently applied in patients with high-risk neuroblastoma (NB)...
- The antihelmintic flubendazole inhibits microtubule function through a mechanism distinct from Vinca alkaloids and displays preclinical activity in leukemia and myelomaPaul A Spagnuolo
Princess Margaret Hospital, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, ON
Blood 115:4824-33. 2010..Therefore, flubendazole is a novel microtubule inhibitor that displays preclinical activity in leukemia and myeloma...
- Amelioration of intracerebroventricular streptozotocin induced cognitive dysfunction and oxidative stress by vinpocetine -- a PDE1 inhibitorRahul Deshmukh
Division of Neuropharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, ISF College of Pharmacy, Punjab, India
Eur J Pharmacol 620:49-56. 2009..The observed beneficial effects of vinpocetine on spatial memory may be due to its ability to favorably modulate cholinergic functions, prevent neuronal cell damage and possibly through its antioxidant mechanism also...
- Restoration of neuronal plasticity by a phosphodiesterase type 1 inhibitor in a model of fetal alcohol exposureAlexandre E Medina
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Neurosci 26:1057-60. 2006..Our finding should contribute to a better understanding and treatment of cognitive deficits associated with mental disorders, such as FAS...
- Inhibition of tubulin polymerization by vitilevuamide, a bicyclic marine peptide, at a site distinct from colchicine, the vinca alkaloids, and dolastatin 10Michael C Edler
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5820, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 63:707-15. 2002..GTP binding was also found to be weakly affected by the presence of vitilevuamide. These results suggest the possibility that vitilevuamide inhibits tubulin polymerization via an interaction at a unique site...
- Rapid identification of vinca alkaloids by direct-injection electrospray ionisation tandem mass spectrometry and confirmation by high-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryHui Zhou
Department of Chemistry, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Phytochem Anal 16:328-33. 2005A simple and rapid method for the identification of Vinca alkaloids from a crude extract of Catharanthus roseus G...
- Effect of parenteral or oral vinpocetine on the hemorheological parameters of patients with chronic cerebrovascular diseasesGergely Feher
Department of Neurology, University of Pecs School of Medicine, H 7623 Pecs, Ret u 2, Hungary
Phytomedicine 16:111-7. 2009..Vinpocetine (VP), a synthetic ethyl esther of apovincamine, has successfully been used in the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases, in part because of its favourable rheological effects...
- Acute and chronic effects of vinpocetine on cerebral hemodynamics and neuropsychological performance in multi-infarct patientsVendel Kémeny
Department of Neurology, PM Flór Ferenc County Hospital, H 2143 Kistarcsa, and Department of Neurology, University of Debrecen, Hungary
J Clin Pharmacol 45:1048-54. 2005..No other significant differences in the neuropsychological test could be detected between the treatment and the placebo groups. Longer lasting and higher dosage of vinpocetine therapy is suggested to prove its potential effect...
- Vinpocetine ameliorates acute hepatic damage caused by administration of carbon tetrachloride in ratsO M E Abdel Salam
Department of Pharmacology, National Research Centre, Tahrir St, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Acta Biol Hung 58:411-9. 2007..2 mg/kg of vinpocetine was similar to that obtained by 30 mg/kg silymarin. Therefore, it is suggested that vinpocetine might be a good pharmacological agent in the treatment of liver disease besides its neuroprotective effects...
- Novel aspects of natural and modified vinca alkaloidsAlain Duflos
Division de Chimie Medicinale V, Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre 81106 Castres, France
Curr Med Chem Anticancer Agents 2:55-70. 2002The clinical interest of Vinca alkaloids was clearly identified as early as 1965 and so this class of compounds has been used as anticancer agents for more than 30 years...
- Molecular architecture of strictosidine glucosidase: the gateway to the biosynthesis of the monoterpenoid indole alkaloid familyLeif Barleben
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology, Institute of Pharmacy, Johanes Gutenberg University, D 55099, Mainz, Germany
Plant Cell 19:2886-97. 2007..The data presented here will contribute to deciphering the structure and reaction mechanism of other higher plant glucosidases...
- [Investigation of the effect of vinpocetine on cerebral blood flow and cognitive functions]Attila Valikovics
Borsod Abaúj Zemplén Megyei Kórház és Egyetemi Oktató Kórház, Neurológia Toxikológia Stroke Osztály, Miskolc
Ideggyogy Sz 60:301-10. 2007..The symptoms of mild cognitive impairment considered as "predementia" are similar to those of dementia, although milder...
- Optimization of the separation of Vinca alkaloids by nonaqueous capillary electrophoresisLaetitia Barthe
Département de Chimie Analytique, Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Castres, France
J Chromatogr A 968:241-50. 2002A rapid method for the determination of Vinca alkaloids by nonaqueous capillary electrophoresis with diode array detection has been developed...
- Heterologous expression of a Rauvolfia cDNA encoding strictosidine glucosidase, a biosynthetic key to over 2000 monoterpenoid indole alkaloidsIrina Gerasimenko
Lehrstuhl fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Institut fur Pharmazie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:2204-13. 2002..serpentina and C. roseus cell suspension cultures occurs at a later stage than strictosidine deglucosylation...
- The use of vinca alkaloids in preparation for splenectomy of corticosteroid refractory chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura patientsA B Szczepanik
Department of General and Hematological Surgery, Institute of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Lab Hematol 29:347-51. 2007Administration of vinca alkaloids (VA) to chronic corticosteroid refractory immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) patients results in a temporary increase of platelet count...
- Targeting microtubules for cancer chemotherapyJun Zhou
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, 615 Michael Street, Room 455, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Med Chem Anticancer Agents 5:65-71. 2005Chemical compounds that interfere with microtubules such as the vinca alkaloids and taxanes are important chemotherapeutic agents for the treatment of cancer...
- Tubulin and microtubules as targets for anticancer drugsJohn A Hadfield
Centre for Molecular Drug Design, Department of Chemistry, University of Salford, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK
Prog Cell Cycle Res 5:309-25. 2003..Drugs that affect the tubulin-microtubule equilibrium (taxol, vinca alkaloids) are effective anticancer drugs...
- Antimicrotubular drugs binding to vinca domain of tubulinSuvroma Gupta
Department of Biochemistry, Bose Institute, Centenary Campus, Calcutta, India
Mol Cell Biochem 253:41-7. 2003..The toxicity level of these drugs towards the host cells and the extent of efflux of drugs by the P-glycoprotein mediated pump are also discussed...
- [Scavenger effect of various cerebrovascular drugs]Beata Horvath
Pecsi Tudomanyegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, I Belgyógyászati Klinika
Orv Hetil 143:13-7. 2002..As oxygen free radicals are involved in a wide range of diseases (cerebrovascular, cardiovascular, etc.), scavenging these radicals should be considered as an important therapeutic approach...
- Optimisation of supercritical fluid extraction of indole alkaloids from Catharanthus roseus using experimental design methodology--comparison with other extraction techniquesArvind Verma
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Phytochem Anal 19:52-63. 2008..5 m sulphuric acid and methanol (3:1 v/v) in an ultrasonic bath for 3 h...
- [Changes in the focus of experimental ischemic stroke under the influence of neuroprotective drugs]L S Onishchenko
Morfologiia 130:40-6. 2006....
- A simplified procedure for indole alkaloid extraction from Catharanthus roseus combined with a semi-synthetic production process for vinblastineArvind Verma
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, P O Box 55, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Molecules 12:1307-15. 2007..The mass spectra of vinblastine were dominated by the corresponding protonated molecular ion [M+H]+ at m/z 811 and the characteristic fragment ions matched with those of the standard compound...
- The effect of ajmalicine spiking and resin addition timing on the production of indole alkaloids from Catharanthus roseus cell culturesCarolyn W T Lee-Parsons
School of Chemical Engineering, Cornell University, 120 Olin Hall, Ithaca, New York 14853 5201, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 79:408-15. 2002..Delaying the addition of XAD-7 resin until 5 days after the start of the culture resulted in the highest improvement in ajmalicine production, i.e approximately 70% and also resulted in the complete recovery of ajmalicine from the cell...
- Potential mechanisms of resistance to microtubule inhibitorsMaria Kavallaris
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, High Street, 2031 Randwick, NSW, Australia
Semin Oncol 35:S22-7. 2008Antimitotic drugs targeting the microtubules, such as the taxanes and vinca alkaloids, are widely used in the treatment of neoplastic diseases...
- Anti-angiogenic, vascular-disrupting and anti-metastatic activities of vinflunine, the latest vinca alkaloid in clinical developmentAnna Kruczynski
Research Center for Experimental Oncology, Pierre Fabre Research Institute, Parc Technologique du Canal, 3 rue des Satellites, BP 94244, 31432 Toulouse, Cedex 04, France
Eur J Cancer 42:2821-32. 2006..This study demonstrates that vinflunine expresses both vascular-disrupting and anti-angiogenic activities and induced marked effects against experimental metastases, all properties that support its ongoing clinical development...
- The cytoskeleton as a therapeutic target in childhood acute leukemia: obstacles and opportunitiesTracy Y E Liaw
Children s Cancer Institute Australia, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Curr Drug Targets 8:739-49. 2007..Natural product tubulin-binding agents such as the Vinca alkaloids have proven highly effective in the treatment of leukemia...
- Enhanced antitumor activity of irofulven in combination with antimitotic agentsMichael J Kelner
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego 92103, USA
Invest New Drugs 20:271-9. 2002..an additive or an antagonistic effect when irofulven was combined with other antimitotic agents such as vinca alkaloids, rhizoxin, s-trityl cysteine, or allocolchicine...
- Selective deoxygenation of leurosine: concise access to anhydrovinblastineChristophe Hardouin
CEA Saclay, Service de Marquage Moleculaire et de Chimie Bioorganique, Bat 547, Departement de Biologie Joliot Curie, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
J Org Chem 67:6571-4. 2002..The key deoxygenation step was first optimized on a model substrate. However, applied to leurosine, only the low-valent Cp2TiCl gave satisfactory results...
- Continuous selective extraction of secondary metabolites from Catharanthus roseus hairy roots with silicon oil in a two-liquid-phase bioreactorCyril Tikhomiroff
Bio P 2 Research Unit, Department of Chemical Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, PO Box 6079, Centre Ville Station, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3A7
Biotechnol Prog 18:1003-9. 2002....
- Application of carborundum abrasion for investigating the leaf epidermis: molecular cloning of Catharanthus roseus 16-hydroxytabersonine-16-O-methyltransferaseDylan Levac
Department of Biological Sciences, Brock University, St Catharines, Ontario, L2S 3A1, Canada
Plant J 53:225-36. 2008....
- Clinical pharmacology and use of microtubule-targeting agents in cancer therapyAmelia B Zelnak
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Methods Mol Med 137:209-34. 2007..The vinca alkaloids and taxanes have been used to treat a broad range of malignancies, including leukemias and lymphomas and many ..
- Taxanes, microtubules and chemoresistant breast cancerBarbara T McGrogan
UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1785:96-132. 2008....
- Reference profiling of the genomic response induced by an antimicrotubule agent, TZT-1027 (Soblidotin), in vitroT Shimoyama
Shien Lab and Medical Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Pharmacogenomics J 6:388-96. 2006..A lung cancer cell line, PC-14, was exposed to antimicrotubule agents including dolastatins, Vinca alkaloids and taxanes at an equivalent toxicity level...
- Improving the targeting of tubulin-binding agents: lessons from drug resistance studiesN M Verrills
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Curr Pharm Des 11:1719-33. 2005..Agents such as the taxanes and vinca alkaloids bind to beta-tubulin and disrupt microtubule dynamics by inducing a potent mitotic block and subsequent cell ..
- Simultaneous determination of vincristine, vinblastine, catharanthine, and vindoline in leaves of catharanthus roseus by high-performance liquid chromatographyM M Gupta
Analytical Testing Laboratory, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow 226 015, India
J Chromatogr Sci 43:450-3. 2005..This simple and rapid method of analysis is applied for the determination of these alkaloids in a large number of leaf extracts of Catharanthus roseus....
- Identification of a low vindoline accumulating cultivar of Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don by alkaloid and enzymatic profilingMary Magnotta
Department of Biological Sciences, Brock University, 500 Glenridge Avenue, St Catharines, Ont, Canada L2S 3A1
Phytochemistry 67:1758-64. 2006..roseus cv. Little Delicata. It is concluded that rapid metabolic and more selective enzymatic profiling of Catharanthus mutants could be useful for the identification of a range of altered MIA biosynthesis lines...
- Alkaloid metabolism in wounded Catharanthus roseus seedlingsFelipe Vázquez-Flota
Unidad de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular de Plantas, Centro de Investigación Científica de Yucatán, Calle 43 n degrees 130, Chuburná de Hidalgo, 97200 Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Plant Physiol Biochem 42:623-8. 2004..No synergistic or additive effects were observed when wounded seedlings were exposed to ethylene or jasmonate...
- UV-B-induced signaling events leading to enhanced-production of catharanthine in Catharanthus roseus cell suspension culturesShilpa Ramani
Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 560012, India
BMC Plant Biol 7:61. 2007..In the present study, the signaling pathway mediating UV-B-induced catharanthine accumulation in C. roseus suspension cultures were investigated...
- [The use of vinpocetine in chronic disorders caused by cerebral hypoperfusion]S Horvath
Pest Megyei Onkormányzat Flór Ferenc Kórháza, Kistarcsa, Neurológiai Osztály
Orv Hetil 142:383-9. 2001..This fact might give an explanation on the beneficial effect of vinpocetine on clinical signs and symptoms of chronic cerebrovascular insufficiency...
- Synthesis and evaluation of 2'-hydroxyethyl trans-apovincaminate derivatives as antioxidant and cognitive enhancer agentsAndrás Nemes
Gedeon Richter Ltd, Budapest, Hungary
J Med Chem 51:479-86. 2008..The in vivo effectiveness of selected compounds on the cognitive functions was studied in a one-trial passive avoidance task and a water-labyrinth test...
- [The role of vinpocetine in the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases based in human studies]Edit Bagoly
Pecsi Tudomanyegyetem, Altalános Orvostudományi Kar Neurológiai Klinika Pécs Rét u 2 7623
Orv Hetil 148:1353-8. 2007..Patients without stroke but with chronic cerebral hypoperfusion can also benefit from the increasing of the cerebral blood flow...
- In vitro antioxidant properties of pentoxifylline, piracetam, and vinpocetineBeata Horvath
First Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Pecs School of Medicine, Pecs, Hungary
Clin Neuropharmacol 25:37-42. 2002....
- Proteome analysis of vinca alkaloid response and resistance in acute lymphoblastic leukemia reveals novel cytoskeletal alterationsNicole M Verrills
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, High St P O Box 81, Randwick, New South Wales 2031, Australia
J Biol Chem 278:45082-93. 2003b>Vinca alkaloids are used widely in the treatment of both childhood and adult cancers...
- Role of chemotherapy in hormone-refractory prostate cancer. Old issues, recent advances and new perspectivesRicardo Autorino
Department of Urology, Second University, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Urol Int 70:1-14. 2003..There is a promising activity of new drug combinations, such as vinca alkaloids and taxanes in association with estramustine...
- Gene expression profiles as biomarkers for the prediction of chemotherapy drug response in human tumour cellsAmadeo M Parissenti
Tumour Biology Research Program, Sudbury Regional Hospital, Department of Biology, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Anticancer Drugs 18:499-523. 2007..Genetic predictors of response to a variety of anticancer agents are discussed, including the anthracyclines, taxanes, topoisomerase I and II inhibitors, nucleoside analogs, alkylating agents, and vinca alkaloids.
- Concise synthesis of anhydrovinblastine from leurosineChristophe Hardouin
CEA Saclay, Service de Marquage Moleculaire et de Chimie Bioorganique, Bat 547, Departement de Biologie Joliot Curie, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Org Lett 4:1151-3. 2002..Furthermore, as the reaction proceeded via a carbon-centered radical intermediate, this transient was also trapped by a hydrogen-atom donor to afford selectively reduced alkaloid 10...
- [Neurotoxicity and dermatologic toxicity of cancer chemotherapy]Minoru Nakane
Dept of Hematology, Musashino Red Cross Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:29-33. 2006..non-vesicants, however,a significant number of commonly used drugs are classified as vesicants, including the vinca alkaloids anthracyclines and taxanes...
- Oral glutamine for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathyShilpa Amara
Pharmacy Department, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, 94 Old Short Hills Rd, Livingston, NJ 07039, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1481-5. 2008..To evaluate the role of glutamine in the reduction of peripheral neuropathy associated with neurotoxic chemotherapy...
- Vinca alkaloids vs. taxanes as therapy in lymphoid malignancies: do our experimental models obscure our understanding of how these drugs really work?Adam Lerner
Cancer Invest 23:100-2. 2005
- Methods for studying vinca alkaloid interactions with tubulinSharon Lobert
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, USA
Methods Mol Med 137:261-80. 2007b>Vinca alkaloids play a vital role in chemotherapy protocols for a wide range of hematological and solid tumors...
- Microtubules as a target for anticancer drugsMary Ann Jordan
University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 4:253-65. 2004
- Construction of genetic linkage map of the medicinal and ornamental plant Catharanthus roseusSarika Gupta
National Institute for Plant Genome Research NIPGR, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Post Box No 10531, New Delhi 110 067, India
J Genet 86:259-68. 2007..4 cM. Linkage was observed between the morphological markers concerned with lamina shape and petiole size of leaf on LG1 and leaf, stem and petiole pigmentation and pod size on LG8. This is the first genetic linkage map of C. roseus...
- Elicitor-induced nitric oxide burst is essential for triggering catharanthine synthesis in Catharanthus roseus suspension cellsMaojun Xu
College of Food Sciences and Biotechnology and Environmental Engineering, Hangzhou University of Commerce, Hangzhou 310035, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 67:40-4. 2005..The results strongly suggested that NO, generated by NOS or NOS-like enzymes in C. roseus suspension cells when treated with the fungal elicitor, was essential for triggering catharanthine synthesis...
- [The use of the combined drug vinpotropil at early stages of cerebrovascular insufficiency]V V Zakharov
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 107:76-8. 2007
- Effect of nitric oxide on catharanthine production and growth of Catharanthus roseus suspension cellsMaojun Xu
State Key Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310012, China
Biotechnol Bioeng 89:367-71. 2005..roseus cells was strongly suppressed by jasmonic acid (JA) biosynthesis inhibitor ibuprofen (IBU) and nordihydroguaiaretic (NDGA). The result suggests that the stimulatory role of NO on catharanthine production is partially JA-dependent...
- Selective suppression of the slow-inactivating potassium currents by nootropics in molluscan neuronsJulia V Bukanova
Brain Research Institute, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:229-37. 2002..A possible role of slow-inactivating subtypes of the K+ channels in the development of different forms of dementia is discussed...
- Molecular pharmacokinetics of catharanthus (vinca) alkaloidsDominique Leveque
Pharmacy Pharmacology, Hopital Hautepierre, Avenue Moliere, 67000 Strasbourg, France
J Clin Pharmacol 47:579-88. 2007..The clinical impact of these determinants (drug disposition, drug-drug interactions) is also discussed...
- Poisoning the spindle: serendipity and discovery of the anti-tumor properties of the Vinca alkaloidsJacalyn Duffin
History of Medicine at Queen s Uuiversity, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6
Pharm Hist 44:64-76. 2002
- [The use of vinpotropile in chronic brain ishemia]N E Ivanova
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 108:73-5. 2008
- Vinpocetine and piracetam exert antinociceptive effect in visceral pain model in miceOmar M E Abdel Salam
Department of Pharmacology, National Research Centre, Tahrir St, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Pharmacol Rep 58:680-91. 2006..This study indicates that vinpocetine and piracetam possess visceral antinociceptive properties. This effect depends on activation of adenosine receptors. Piracetam in addition inhibits GABA-mediated antinociception...
- Single and combined effects of carbamazepine and vinpocetine on depolarization-induced changes in Na+, Ca2+ and glutamate release in hippocampal isolated nerve endingsMaria Sitges
Depto de Biología Celular y Fisiología, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, UNAM, Apartado Postal 70228, Ciudad Univeresitaria, 04510 Mexico D F, Mexico
Neurochem Int 49:55-61. 2006....
- Preparation, evaluation, and NMR characterization of vinpocetine microemulsion for transdermal deliveryL Hua
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, PR China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:657-66. 2004..The microemulsion was stable after storing more than 12 months at 25 degrees C. The irritation study showed that the optimized microemulsion was a nonirritant transdermal delivery system...
- [Optimization of microemulsion containing vinpocetine and its physicochemical properties]Hua Li
Department of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 39:681-5. 2004..The formulation of proportion was optimized. The physicochemical properties and the skin irritation of the microemulsion was studied...
- Effect of noncompetitive nicotinic receptor blockers on catecholamine release from cultured adrenal chromaffin cellsD B McKay
Division of Pharmacology, Ohio State University, College of Pharmacy, Columbus
Pharmacology 40:224-30. 1990..Certain drugs, such as the noncompetitive ion-channel blockers and the vinca alkaloids, have been demonstrated to interact with muscle-type nicotinic receptor-associated ion channels...
- Cytoskeleton structure and dynamic behaviour: quick excursus from basic molecular mechanisms to some implications in cancer chemotherapyC Alberti
L D of Surgical Semeiotics, University of Parma, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 13:13-21. 2009..Taxane and Vinca alkaloids, by stabilizing the polymerized microtubules, are able to suppress their dynamic behaviour with subsequent ..
- The interaction of the B-ring of colchicine with alpha-tubulin: a novel footprinting approachA R Chaudhuri
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Mol Biol 303:679-92. 2000..Tubulin is the major target for a variety of anti-mitotic drugs. Some of the drugs, such as Vinca alkaloids and taxol, are routinely used for cancer chemotherapy...
- Inhibition of P-glycoprotein transport function and reversion of MDR1 multidrug resistance by cnidiadinChantal Barthomeuf
UMR INSERM U 484, Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie et Biotechnologies, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite d Auvergne, Place H Dunant, 63001 Clermont Fd Cedex, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 56:173-81. 2005....
- Applications of 99mTc-sestamibi in oncologyL Maffioli
Divison of Nuclear Medicine, National Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy
Tumori 82:12-21. 1996..responsible for resistance to a structurally and functionally different group of cytotoxic agents such as vinca alkaloids, epipodophyllotoxins, anthracyclins and actinomycin D...
- Effective treatment of advanced breast cancer with vinorelbine, mitomycin C plus human granulocyte colony-stimulating factorG V Kornek
Department of Internal Medicine I, Vienna University Medical School, Austria
Br J Cancer 74:1668-73. 1996..a rare adverse reaction that had previously been described for VNB, as well as the combination of natural vinca alkaloids with mitomycin C, and few episodes of grade 3 neurotoxicity (all of which occurred at the initial 50 mg m(-2) ..
- Reversal of P-glycoprotein-mediated paclitaxel resistance by new synthetic isoprenoids in human bladder cancer cell lineHideki Enokida
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:1037-46. 2002..KK47/TX30 cells exhibited 700-fold resistance to paclitaxel and cross-resistance to vinca alkaloids and topoisomerase II inhibitors...
- [The interactions of antiepileptic drugs in oncology practice]J A Armijo
Departamento de Fisiologia y Farmacologia, Universidad de Cantabria, Espana
Rev Neurol 42:681-90. 2006..Here, we review the influence of antiepileptic drugs on antineoplastic agents and the influence of antineoplastic agents on antiepileptic drugs; measures to prevent such interactions are also suggested...
- Fulvestrant (ICI 182,780) sensitizes breast cancer cells expressing estrogen receptor alpha to vinblastine and vinorelbineMeihua Sui
Program of Innovative Cancer Therapeutics, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, 310003 Hangzhou, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 121:335-45. 2010..Further analyses show that ERalpha has little effect on vinca alkaloids-induced mitotic arrest, but dramatically affects their ability to induce tumor cell apoptosis...
- A phase II study of mitomycin C, vindesine and cisplatin combined with alpha interferon in advanced non-small cell lung cancerR R Silva
Oncology Unit, Ospedale Â¿Profili, Fabriano (AN, Italy
Tumori 82:68-71. 1996..synergistic cytotoxic activity of alpha-interferon (alpha-IFN) when combined with cisplatin, mitomycin C and vinca alkaloids. In an effort to improve MVP chemotherapy activity, we have combined this regimen with alpha-IFN...
- Multiple microtubule alterations are associated with Vinca alkaloid resistance in human leukemia cellsM Kavallaris
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, High Street, Randwick, NSW, Australia 2031
Cancer Res 61:5803-9. 2001b>Vinca alkaloids are used extensively in the treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and despite their usefulness, drug resistance remains a serious clinical problem...
- Modulation of vinblastine cytotoxicity by dilantin (phenytoin) or the protein phosphatase inhibitor okadaic acid involves the potentiation of anti-mitotic effects and induction of apoptosis in human tumour cellsK I Kawamura
Department of Cancer Biology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Br J Cancer 73:183-8. 1996Cellular insensitivity to vinca alkaloids is suggested to be primarily due to drug efflux by P-glycoprotein (P-gp)...
- Interactions between antiretrovirals and antineoplastic drug therapyTony Antoniou
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:111-45. 2005..Similarly, vinca alkaloids are substrates of CYP3A4 and are, thus, vulnerable to PI- or NNRTI-mediated changes in their pharmacokinetics...
- Acetyl-L-carnitine for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: a short reviewDomenico De Grandis
Divisione di Neurologia, Ospedale Civile di Rovigo, Rovigo, Italy
CNS Drugs 21:39-43; discussion 45-6. 2007..major complication associated with the use of chemotherapeutic agents such as platinum compounds, taxanes and vinca alkaloids. The neurotoxicity of chemotherapy depends not only on the anticancer agent(s) used, the cumulative dose and ..
- Acute metabolic alkalosis enhances response of C3H mouse mammary tumors to the weak base mitoxantroneN Raghunand
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Cancer Center Division, 1515 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 5024, USA
Neoplasia 3:227-35. 2001..pH gradient in tumors acts to exclude weak base drugs like the anthracyclines, anthraquinones, and vinca alkaloids from the cells, leading to a substantial degree of "physiological drug resistance" in tumors...
- Multidrug-resistant human sarcoma cells with a mutant P-glycoprotein, altered phenotype, and resistance to cyclosporinsG Chen
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5306, USA
J Biol Chem 272:5974-82. 1997..The variant DxP cells manifest an altered phenotype compared with Dx5, with decreased cross-resistance to Vinca alkaloids and no resistance to dactinomycin. Resistance to doxorubicin and paclitaxel is retained...
- Liposome-encapsulated vincristine, vinblastine and vinorelbine: a comparative study of drug loading and retentionIgor V Zhigaltsev
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, 2146 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Control Release 104:103-11. 2005A comparative study of the loading and retention properties of three structurally very closely related vinca alkaloids (vincristine, vinorelbine and vinblastine) in liposomal formulations has been performed...
- Vinflunine, a novel microtubule inhibitor, suppresses calmodulin interaction with the microtubule-associated protein STOPAlexander A Makarov
Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Vavilov Street 32, 119991 Moscow, Russia
Biochemistry 46:14899-906. 2007b>Vinca alkaloids vinblastine and vincristine and some of their derivatives such as vinorelbine are widely used in therapy of leukemia and several solid tumors...
- Taxol resistance and its reversal by synthetic isoprenoids in human bladder cancer cell lineM Nakagawa
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
Aktuelle Urol 34:250-2. 2003..We investigated the mechanism of action of reversal agents for taxol-resistance in bladder cancers...
- Selective toxicity of vincristine against chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells in vitroJ A Vilpo
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Tampere University Hospital and Tampere University Medical School, Finland
Eur J Haematol 65:370-8. 2000..Since CLL cells are in the G0/G1 phase of the cell cycle, the only known mode of anticancer action of vinca alkaloids, i.e. anti-mitotic action, cannot explain the death of CLL cells...
- New semisynthetic vinca alkaloids: chemical, biochemical and cellular studiesF Orosz
Institute of Enzymology, Biological Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
Br J Cancer 79:1356-65. 1999..3'-(beta-chloroethyl)-2',4'-dioxo-3,5'-spiro-oxazolidino-4-dea cetoxy-vinblastine] with lower toxicity than vinca alkaloids used in chemotherapy binds to calmodulin but, in contrast to vinblastine, does not exhibit anti-calmodulin ..
- IRC-083927 is a new tubulin binder that inhibits growth of human tumor cells resistant to standard tubulin-binding agentsAnne Marie Liberatore
Ipsen Research Laboratories, Institut Henri Beaufour, 5 Avenue du Canada, Les Ulis, France
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2426-34. 2008..it remains highly active against cell lines resistant to microtubule-interacting agents (taxanes, Vinca alkaloids, or epothilones)...
- Kinetics of micronucleated polychromatic erythrocyte (MN-PCE) induction in vivo by aneuploidogensPedro Morales-Ramírez
Departamento de Biologia, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Nucleares, Apartado Postal 18 1027, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Mutat Res 565:79-87. 2004..The results of the present study indicate that the different mechanisms of action of vinca alkaloids and colchicine are reflected in their kinetics of MN-PCE induction, and that such mechanisms could also ..
- [DNA repair as a determinant of tumour chemosensitivity]Shinya Oda
Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Kyushu University
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 34:347-57. 2007..With the exception of vinca alkaloids and taxanes, all of the classical antineoplastic agents work on DNA metabolism in cells and can therefore be ..
- A constipation assessment scale for use in pediatric oncologyMyra Woolery
Research and Practice Development Service, Nursing and Patient Care Services at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1664, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 23:65-74. 2006Constipation is prevalent in pediatric oncology patients because of treatment with vinca alkaloids and/or narcotics and lifestyle changes secondary to disease process...
- Suppression of microtubule dynamic instability and turnover in MCF7 breast cancer cells by sulforaphaneOlga Azarenko
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology and the Neuroscience Research Institute, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:2360-8. 2008..g. taxanes and the vinca alkaloids) is central to the anticancer mechanisms of such drugs...
- Different types of non-P-glycoprotein mediated multiple drug resistance in children with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukaemiaR Pieters
Department of Pediatrics, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 65:691-7. 1992..We conclude that resistance to anthracyclines and vinca alkaloids in childhood relapsed ALL is not due to P-glycoprotein mediated MDR...
- beta-Tubulin mutations are associated with resistance to 2-methoxyestradiol in MDA-MB-435 cancer cellsYesim Gokmen-Polar
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Indiana Centers for Applied Protein Sciences, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5254, USA
Cancer Res 65:9406-14. 2005..34- to 40.07-fold resistance to 2-methoxyestradiol. Cross-resistance was observed to Vinca alkaloids, including vincristine, vinorelbine, and vinblastine (4.29- to 6...
- Spontaneous overexpression of the long form of the Bcl-X protein in a highly resistant P388 leukaemiaJ S Kuhl
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5306, USA
Br J Cancer 75:268-74. 1997..Further analysis of the phenotype revealed a broad cross-resistance to vinca alkaloids, alkylating agents, antimetabolites, aphidicolin and UV light...
- Cytotoxic effects of 27 anticancer drugs in HeLa and MDR1-overexpressing derivative cell linesKohji Takara
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto Pharmacutical University, Misasagi, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:771-8. 2002..The 27 anticancer drugs analyzed here could be classified into substrates and nonsubstrates for MDR1. This will be useful for designing effective regimens for chemotherapy...
- Sensitive and rapid spectrophotometric methods for determination of anticancer drugsPadmarajaiah Nagaraja
University of Mysore, Department of Studies in Chemistry, Manasagangotri, India
J AOAC Int 85:1021-4. 2002..of the anticancer drugs vinblastine sulfate (VBS) and vincristine sulfate (VCS), which belong to the class of vinca alkaloids. The first method is based on the reaction of VBS and VCS with diazotized dapsone, forming yellow azo ..
- Plasma HHV-8 viral load in HHV-8-related lymphoproliferative disorders associated with HIV infectionC Simonelli
Division of Medical Oncology A, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
J Med Virol 81:888-96. 2009..primary effusion lymphoma were treated with a CHOP-like regimen (Cyclophosphamide, Prednisone anthracyclines, Vinca alkaloids, Bleomycin, Etoposide) and HAART; 1 with etoposide and HAART, 1 with HAART alone...
- A3AR agonists to prevent chemotherapy-induced painful peripheral neuropathyDaniela Salvemini; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., paclitaxel), platinum-complex (e.g., oxaliplatin), vinca alkaloids (e.g., vincristine) &proteasome-inhibitor (e.g., bortezomib) classes...
- Enzymes of the Vinca AlkaloidsAimee Usera; Fiscal Year: 2010..roseus to increase production of medicinal compounds and facilitate access to practical quantities of these therapies. This information could ultimately lead to more effective and more affordable treatments of disease. ..
- Development of novel small molecule drugs for the treatment of high risk B-ALLCATHY A SWINDLEHURST; Fiscal Year: 2013..MDR) to a variety of cytotoxic drugs, including glucocorticoids, L-asparaginase, anthracyclines, and vinca alkaloids (vincristine)...
- Discovering a Novel Immunophilin to Lower the Toxicity of Cancer TherapeuticsMitchell W Mutz; Fiscal Year: 2012..a frequent and often dose limiting side effect of mainstay chemotherapeutics including taxanes, bortezomib, vinca alkaloids, platinum complexes, and newly approved therapeutics such as Eribulin...
- BcL-2 Proteins in Mechanism of Anti-mitotic Drug ActionTimothy C Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2013..Microtubule inhibiting agents (MIAs) including the vinca alkaloids and taxanes are important drugs in the arsenal of cancer chemotherapeutics...
- Studies on a Novel Taxane PumpElizabeth Hopper-Borge; Fiscal Year: 2011..substrates, and confer resistance to a wide range of agents including anthracyclines, epipodophyllotoxins, vinca alkaloids, and nucleotide analogs...
- COMBINATORIAL APPROACHES FOR NOVEL ANTICANCER AGENTSJOHN LAZO; Fiscal Year: 2009..is an established critical target for several clinically active anticancer agents, including the taxanes and vinca alkaloids, and (b) dual specificity phosphatases that have been documented to be novel proto-oncogenes and regulators ..
- Conformation and recognition in microtubule dynamicsLUKE W RICE; Fiscal Year: 2013..intracellular organization, and are the direct targets of anti-cancer chemotherapeutics like taxol and the Vinca alkaloids. The dynamic properties of MTs are central to their function, and they derive from the biochemical properties ..
- Microtubule Mechanics at the NanoscaleDAVID S SEPT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Microtubules are the target of important anticancer drugs such as the vinca alkaloids and taxol (paclitaxel), and are thought to play a role in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's...
- CELL AND TUMOR GENETICS OF MITOTIC ARREST CHECKPOINTSPETER KARL SORGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..help to reveal the mechanism off action of important anti-microtubule chemotherapeutics such as taxol and the vinca alkaloids. These compounds provoke the spindle checkpoint, and lesions in the checkpoint are very likely to alter the ..
- Managing Medication-induced Constipation in Cancer: A Clinical TrialSusan C McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2012..determine the incidence, distress, and trajectory of constipation among cancer patients receiving opioids and vinca alkaloids, to evaluate the efficacy of the Constipation Treatment Protocol, and to compare management according to dose ..
- Mitigating chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy by augmenting axonal NADSamie R Jaffrey; Fiscal Year: 2013..For example, treatment with NAD markedly delays and reduces sensory axon degeneration elicited by vinca alkaloids, such as vinblastine and vincristine, which are commonly used in cancer chemotherapy...
- MODULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE BY CYCLOSPORIN ACharles Erlichman; Fiscal Year: 1992..determinant of both experimental and clinical resistance to doxorubicin and other anthracyclines, to vinca alkaloids, and to etoposide...
- STEREOCONTROLLED SYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE ALKALOIDSVIRESH RAWAL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our next objective in this project is to complete a practical chemical synthesis of the Vinca alkaloids. In this context, we will develop new concise, asymmetric syntheses of vindoline, the first asymmetric ..
- Role of the Acetyltransferase p300 in Cellular ResponsesMaria Avantaggiati; Fiscal Year: 2006..Anti-microtubule drugs of clinical relevance include paclitaxel (taxol), vinca alkaloids (vinblastin and vincrisitn), nocodazole and colchicine...
- Cell Survival Pathways and Inhibitors in LeukemiaAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Akt as indicators of the signaling pathways used, and to combine inhibitors of these signaling pathways with vinca alkaloids ex vivo to determine the rate of induction of apoptosis...
- Enantioselective Total Synthesis of Vindoline and Novel AnalogsJOSHUA GLENN PIERCE; Fiscal Year: 2010..development of novel chemical cycloadditons to provide a method for the construction of structurally diverse Vinca alkaloids, including vindoline and analogs...
- HUMAN MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE--PGLYCOPROTEIN GENESIGOR RONINSON; Fiscal Year: 1992..important clinical problem since it involves resistance to many commonly used anticancer agents, including Vinca alkaloids, anthracyclines and epypodophyllotoxins...
- A NOVEL F BOX PROTEIN REGULATING MITOSISPeter Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2004..a metaphase block and apoptosis, SBP5 may participate in the pathway that microtubule poisons like Taxol and vinca alkaloids use to trigger cell death...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF ANTIMICROTUBULE AGENTSCharles Coltman; Fiscal Year: 2001..III clinical trial (SWOG-9509) comparing two classes of antimicrotubule agents, the taxanes (paclitaxel) and vinca alkaloids (vinorelbine), each combined with a platinum...
- TUBULIN STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONSMichael Caplow; Fiscal Year: 2003..Microtubules are the target of anticancer drugs such as the vinca alkaloids and taxol...
- SYNTHESIS OF FUSED HETEROCYCLIC COMPOUNDSAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2002..contained within the Amaryllidaceae, Aspidosperma, Erythrina, Pyrrolizidine, Quinolizidine, Sceletium and Vinca alkaloids. These complex nitrogen containing substrates are of interest as synthetic targets due to the wide range of ..
- NEW ANTIMICROTUBULE AGENTS FROM MARINE ORGANISMSBradley Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The vinca alkaloids cause microtubule depolymerization, while the diterpene paclitaxel and its derivative taxotere stabilize ..
- Phase II Doxorubicin/Vinorelbine in wtp53 Breast CancerDeborah Toppmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..that the expression of wild type p53 could define a subset of patients who are likely to respond to vinca alkaloids. Our preclinical work demonstrated that wild type p53 regulated the expression of microtubule-associated ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF DRUG SENSITIVITYWilliam Hait; Fiscal Year: 2003..For example, taxanes, such as paclitaxel and docetaxel, and vinca alkaloids, such as vinorelbine, and vinblastine, are amongst the most active drugs in the treatment of common ..
- IN VITRO CORRELATIONS OF SURAMIN RESPONSE IN MELANOMACharles Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1991..results with suramin are much better than other agents commonly used to treat melanoma (DTIC, Cisplatin, vinca alkaloids, alpha interferon)...
- CELL DEATH INDUCED BY ANTICANCER AGENTSAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This has led to the hypothesis that vinblastine and other vinca alkaloids induce both an apoptotic and an anti-apoptotic response...
- CHEMOPROT OF HEMATOPOIETIC CELLS BY MDR GENE TRANSFERArthur Bank; Fiscal Year: 2001..transmembrane protein, p-glycoprotein, for their export from cells; these drugs include the anthracyclines, vinca alkaloids, podophyllins and taxanes, all commonly used to treat cancer...
- FUNCTIONAL ROLE OF GP150-180 IN MULTIDRUG RESISTANCEAHMAD SAFA; Fiscal Year: 1991..Gp150-180 exhibits cross binding specificity for Vinca alkaloids, actinomycin D, anthracycline antibiotics, calcium channel blockers, and calmodulin inhibitors suggesting a ..
- VALIDATION AND OPTIMIZATION OF TUBULIN TARGETED DRUGSBILLY DAY; Fiscal Year: 2000Paclitaxel and the vinca alkaloids represent important chemotherapeutics in the treatment of cancer. These drugs, however, exhibit undesirable side effects and have limiting physicochemical properties...
- Triazine library as a novel microtubule regulatoryYoung Tae Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Although several vinca alkaloids and taxols are currently being used for cancer treatment, intrinsic toxicity or multi-drug resistance ..
- NEW METHODOLOGY FOR THE SYNTHESIS OF ANTITUMOR AGENTSJeffrey Winkler; Fiscal Year: 1992..The constructions of the carbon skeleta of the ingenane and clerodane diterpenes, taxusin, mesembrine, and the vinca alkaloids outlined in this proposal attest to the considerable potential for this methodology in synthesis.
- SEQUENTIAL DOXORUBICIN AND VINORELBINE IN BREAST CANCERDeborah Toppmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2000..following DNA damage repressed MAP4, decreased polymerization of microtubules, and increased sensitivity to vinca alkaloids. Therefore, the overall goal of this proposal is to determine if these observations apply to patients, and ..
- Pharmacogenetic Determinants of Vinca Alkaloid ResponseJamie Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2009..disposition and whether genetic polymorphisms in these enzymes and the membrane transporters that carry the vinca alkaloids are predictive of disposition, efficacy and toxicity...
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF CRYTOPHYCINSSusan Mooberry; Fiscal Year: 2002..They have unique activities and, unlike the vinca alkaloids and taxol, are active against drug-resistant tumors in both in vitro and in vivo models...
- Microtubule-targeting and regulation of HIF-1Paraskevi Giannakakou; Fiscal Year: 2009..to additional classes of microtubule-targeting drugs, such as the taxanes, the epothilones and the vinca alkaloids. With this proposal we are seeking to build on our previous work and advance our understanding of the basic ..
- Non-toxic Cancer TherapySusan Wright; Fiscal Year: 2001..This compound, DIME, is non-toxic at 1-2 gm/kg/day yet demonstrates potent anti-cancer synergism with the vinca alkaloids. Patents (US #'s 6,017,958; 5,922,775; 5,736,576) have been issued covering the use of DIME and related ..
- The Spindle Checkpoint as a Target for CancerGary Gorbsky; Fiscal Year: 2002..be clinically useful for anti-cancer therapy, particularly when used in combination with chemotherapeutic anti-microtubule drugs such as the vinca alkaloids and the taxanes which are themselves potent inducers of the spindle checkpoint.
- Mechanisms of Action of Anti-Mitotic DrugsMary Jordan; Fiscal Year: 2007Taxol and the Vinca alkaloids are highly effective cancer chemotherapeutic drugs...
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- A CAREGIVER INTERVENTION TO IMPROVE HOSPICE OUTCOMESSusan McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Quantitative data will be analyzed using repeated measures multivariate analysis of variance and structural equation modeling. ..
- Pilot of an Intervention for Caregivers of Hospice HF PatientsSusan C McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2010..subsequent improvement in patient quality of life, c). lower caregiver estimations of burden, and d). improved caregiver problem solving ability. Improvements in any of these domains have the ability to improve caregiver well-being. ..
- MIBG ANALOGUE RADIOPHARMACEUTICALSGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Strategies to augment tumor-to-normal tissue ratios will be investigated. The outcome of this study should help improve the endoradiotherapy of neuroendocrine tumors and possibly of medulloblastoma. ..
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALOGS AS ANTIOPPORTUNISTIC AGENTSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analogues synthesized will also be submitted for screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) parasitic diseases (WHO) and tumor cells in culture (NCI). ..
- Third Generation Antiopportunistic AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2003..Screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) and tumor cells in culture (NCI) is also proposed. ..
- Single Agents with Designed Combination Chemotherapy PotentialAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Biosynthesis of Hypotensive Phosphonopeptide Natural ProductsBrian O Bachmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Metalloproteinase inhibitors have potential to treat a large number of human illnesses including hypertension, cancer and osteoarthritis, among others. ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- COORDINATED REGULATION OF ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMESMichael Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Systematic Assessment to Improve Hospice OutcomesSusan McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Quantitative data will be analyzed using mixed models analysis, repeated measures multivariate analysis of variance, discriminant function analysis and cluster analysis. ..
- Caregivers of Cancer Pain Patients: Coping InterventionSusan McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The effectiveness of the intervention will be tested as well as identification of potential mediators and moderators of the effectiveness of the intervention. ..
- STUDIES OF TUBULIN-INTERACTIVE ANTICANCER DRUGSDavid Kingston; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such compounds are expected to show good tubulin polymerization and cytotoxic properties, and may thus become synthetically accessible anticancer agents. ..
- PREVENTION OF COLORECTAL CANCER BY iNOS AND COX-2 SELECTIVE INHIBITORSCHINTHALAPALLY RAO; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Novel, P. jirovecii Specific Antipneumocystis AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..These agents could be used alone or in combination to treat PCP thus providing novel agents against a new target. ..
- MECHANISM AND CONTROL OF BRAIN MICROTUBULE DYNAMICSLeslie Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MECHANISMS OF NEURONAL DEATH AND NEUROPROTECTIONANTHONY JOHN WINDEBANK; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal is to develop a mechanism-based therapy that will prevent the major dose-limiting side effect of the platinum compounds. ..
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Vinca alkaloids vincristine and vinblastine as well as Taxol and the taxanes are antitubulin agents used against a wide ..
- Imaging of O6-Alkylguanine-DNA AlkyltransferaseGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, this proposal seeks to determine whether the development of a suitable agent for the imaging of tumor AGT will facilitate chemotherapy planning, thereby improving the outcome of alkylator chemotherapy. ..