Genomes and Genes
Summary: Group of alkaloids containing a benzylpyrrole group (derived from TRYPTOPHAN)
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- Cristatumins A-D, new indole alkaloids from the marine-derived endophytic fungus Eurotium cristatum EN-220Feng Yu Du
Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanhai Road 7, Qingdao 266071, China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 22:4650-3. 2012Four new indole alkaloids, namely, cristatumins A-D (1-4), along with six known congeners (5-10) were identified from the culture extract of Eurotium cristatum EN-220, an endophytic fungus isolated from the marine alga Sargassum ..
- Spiroindimicins A-D: new bisindole alkaloids from a deep-sea-derived actinomyceteWenjun Zhang
CAS Key Laboratory of Marine Bio resources Sustainable Utilization, RNAM Center for Marine Microbiology, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 164 West Xingang Road, Guangzhou 510301, China
Org Lett 14:3364-7. 2012..Spiroindimicins B-D (2-4) with a [5,5] spiro-ring exhibited moderate cytotoxicities against several cancer cell lines...
- Comparative in vitro and in vivo antimalarial activity of the indole alkaloids ellipticine, olivacine, cryptolepine and a synthetic cryptolepine analogL F Rocha E Silva
National Institute for Amazonian Research, Av André Araújo 2936, Aleixo, 69060 001 Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil
Phytomedicine 20:71-6. 2012b>Indole alkaloids ellipticine (1), cryptolepine triflate (2a), rationally designed 11-(4-piperidinamino)cryptolepine hydrogen dichloride (2b) and olivacine (3) (an isomer of 1) were evaluated in vitro against Plasmodium falciparum and in ..
- Inhibition of brain-derived neurotrophic factor/tyrosine kinase B signaling suppresses choriocarcinoma cell growthNanami Kawamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Endocrinology 151:3006-14. 2010..Thus, autocrine signaling of the BDNF/TrkB system is important for human choriocarcinoma cell growth, and inhibition of BDNF/TrkB signaling in these cells could provide a novel therapy for patients with choriocarcinoma...
- Fine-tuning roles of endogenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor, TrkB and sortilin in colorectal cancer cell survivalHussein Akil
Universite de Limoges, Laboratoire EA 3842, Homéostasie Cellulaire et Pathologies, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Limoges, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25097. 2011..They were recently detected in some cancers in association with invasiveness, but the function of these tyrosine kinase receptors was not previously investigated in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells...
- Anti-inflammatory effects and mechanisms of the ethanol extract of Evodia rutaecarpa and its bioactive components on neutrophils and microglial cellsHan Chieh Ko
National Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 555:211-7. 2007....
- Ipobscurines C and D: macrolactam-type indole alkaloids from the seeds of Ipomoea obscuraKristina Jenett-Siems
Institut für Pharmazie Pharmazeutische Biologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Konigin Luise Str 2 4, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Phytochemistry 62:1257-63. 2003Separation of the methanolic seed extract of Ipomoea obscura afforded five indole alkaloids, three of them (ipobscurines B-D) being new natural products of a unique structural type characterized as serotonin hydroxycinnamic acid amide-..
- Fungal origins of the bicyclo[2.2.2]diazaoctane ring system of prenylated indole alkaloidsJennifer M Finefield
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
J Nat Prod 75:812-33. 2012..2.2]diazaoctane ring system. Furthermore, the diverse fungal origin of these natural products is closely examined and, in many cases, updated to reflect the currently accepted fungal taxonomy...
- Indole alkaloids and other constituents of Rauwolfia serpentinaAtsuko Itoh
Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Higashinada ku, Japan
J Nat Prod 68:848-52. 2005From the dried roots of Rauwolfia serpentina were isolated five new indole alkaloids, N(b)-methylajmaline (1), N(b)-methylisoajmaline (2), 3-hydroxysarpagine (3), yohimbinic acid (4), isorauhimbinic acid (5), a new iridoid glucoside, 7-..
- 5-hydroxytryptamine-derived alkaloids from two marine sponges of the genus HyrtiosMostafa Salmoun
Laboratory of Bio organic Chemistry, Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, CP 160 06, University of Brussels, 50 Av F D Roosevelt, Belgium
J Nat Prod 65:1173-6. 2002..H. reticulatus contained the novel derivative 1,6-dihydroxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-beta-carboline (11) together with serotonin (5), 6-hydroxy-1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-beta-carboline (7), and 6-hydroxy-3,4-dihydro-1-oxo-beta-carboline (9)...
- Synthesis and study of a molecularly imprinted polymer for the specific extraction of indole alkaloids from Catharanthus roseus extractsC Lopez
Institut de Chimie Organique et Analytique, Université d Orléans CNRS FR 2708 UMR 6005, Orleans, France
Anal Chim Acta 683:198-205. 2011..MIP) for catharanthine and vindoline have been synthesized in order to specifically extract these natural indole alkaloids from Catharanthus roseus by solid-phase extraction (SPE)...
- Cytotoxic bisindole alkaloids from a marine sponge Spongosorites spBaoquan Bao
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan 609 735, Korea
J Nat Prod 68:711-5. 2005..Compounds 1, 4, 5, and 11 showed moderate to significant cytotoxicity against five human tumor cell lines, and compounds 1-5 showed weak antibacterial activity against clinically isolated methicillin-resistant strains...
- Hyrtiazepine, an azepino-indole-type alkaloid from the Red Sea marine sponge Hyrtios erectusPierre Sauleau
Laboratoire de Chimie et Biochimie des Substances Naturelles, MNHN, UMR 5154 CNRS, 57 rue Cuvier Case Postale 54, 75005 Paris, France
J Nat Prod 69:1676-9. 2006..Hyrtiosulawesine (1) displayed a significant antiphospholipase A2 activity with an IC50 value of 14 microM in a fluorometric assay using Crotalus adamanteus venom phospholipase A2...
- Enantioselective synthesis of stephacidin BSeth B Herzon
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:5342-4. 2005..We also obtained evidence that 2 can form 1 under mild conditions, and that 2 reacts with nucleophiles, such as methanol, by conjugate addition...
- Bioactive indole alkaloids and phenyl ether derivatives from a marine-derived Aspergillus sp. FungusMin Chen
Key Laboratory of Marine Drugs, The Ministry of Education of China, School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 76:547-53. 2013Two new prenylated indole alkaloids, 17-epi-notoamides Q and M (1 and 2), and two new phenyl ether derivatives, cordyols D and E (9 and 13), together with 10 known compounds (3-8, 10-12, 14) were isolated from a marine-derived Aspergillus ..
- Potential antimalarial activity of indole alkaloidsMichel Frederich
Universite de Liege, Centre Interfacultaire de Recherche du Médicament CIRM, Departement de Pharmacie, CHU Tour 4 Bâtiment B36, Avenue de l Hopital, 1 B4000 Liège, Belgium
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 102:11-9. 2008..Among the natural products, indole alkaloids represent an interesting class of compounds...
- Aplysinopsins--marine indole alkaloids: chemistry, bioactivity and ecological significanceDobroslawa Bialonska
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677 1848, USA
Mar Drugs 7:166-83. 2009..This review summarizes 30 years' research on aplysinopsins. The origin, isolation sources, chemistry, bioactivity, and ecological functions of aplysinopsins are comprehensively reviewed...
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide-mediated antihypertensive and anti-platelet effects by rutaecarpine in spontaneously hypertensive ratsDai Li
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Peptides 29:1781-8. 2008....
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor enhances the excitability of rat sensory neurons through activation of the p75 neurotrophin receptor and the sphingomyelin pathwayY H Zhang
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Physiol 586:3113-27. 2008..Neurotrophins released upon activation of a variety of immuno-competent cells may be important mediators that give rise to the enhanced neuronal sensitivity associated with the inflammatory response...
- Synthesis and vasodilator effects of rutaecarpine analogues which might be involved transient receptor potential vanilloid subfamily, member 1 (TRPV1)Zhuo Chen
Chemistry Section, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Central South University, No 172, Tong Zi Po Road, Changsha 410013, Hunan, China
Bioorg Med Chem 17:2351-9. 2009..The vasodilator effects of these compounds were evaluated and the structure-activity relationship was elucidated for the first time. The results suggested a new direction of valuable TRPV1 agonist as anti-hypertensive drugs...
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide mediates the cardioprotective effects of rutaecarpine against ischaemia-reperfusion injury in spontaneously hypertensive ratsDai Li
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Central South University, Changsha, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:662-7. 2009....
- Regulation of TrkB receptor tyrosine kinase and its internalization by neuronal activity and Ca2+ influxJing Du
Section on Neural Development and Plasticity, Laboratory of Cellular and Synaptic Neurophysiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4480, USA
J Cell Biol 163:385-95. 2003..These results demonstrate an activity- and Ca2+-dependent modulation of TrkB tyrosine kinase and its internalization, and they provide new insights into the cell biology of tyrosine kinase receptors...
- Fumigaclavine C improves concanavalin A-induced liver injury in mice mainly via inhibiting TNF-alpha production and lymphocyte adhesion to extracellular matricesYing Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:775-82. 2004....
- Actinophyllic acid, a potent indole alkaloid inhibitor of the coupled enzyme assay carboxypeptidase u/hippuricase from the leaves of Alstonia actinophylla (Apocynaceae)Anthony R Carroll
Natural Product Discovery, Eskitis Institute, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia 4111
J Org Chem 70:1096-9. 2005..84 microM. Actinophyllic acid possesses a unique 2,3,6,7,9,13c-hexahydro-1H-1,7,8-(methanetriyloxymethano)pyrrolo[1',2':1,2]azocino[4,3-b]indole-8(5H)-carboxylic acid skeleton...
- Discovery of indole alkaloids with cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonistic activityMariko Kitajima
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoi cho, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:1962-4. 2011Three indole alkaloids, voacamine (1), 3,6-oxidovoacangine (2), and a new alkaloid, 5-hydroxy-3,6-oxidovoacangine (3), isolated from Voacanga africana were found to exhibit potent cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonistic activity...
- Cytotoxic effects and reversal of multidrug resistance by ibogan and related indole alkaloidsToh Seok Kam
Department of Chemistry, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:4487-9. 2004A series of indole alkaloids of the ibogan-type was assessed for their cytotoxic effects as well as their potential in reversing MDR in vincristine-resistant KB cells...
- Metabolic engineering of cell cultures versus whole plant complexity in production of bioactive monoterpene indole alkaloids: recent progress related to old dilemmaGiancarlo Pasquali
Programa de Pós Graduação em Biologia Celular e Molecular, Centro de Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Av Bento Goncalves 9500, Pr 43 431, P O Box 15 005, CEP 91 501 970, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Biosci Bioeng 101:287-96. 2006Monoterpene indole alkaloids (MIAs) are a large class of plant alkaloids with significant pharmacological interest. The sustained production of MIAs at high yields is an important goal in biotechnology...
- Concise, stereocontrolled synthesis of the citrinadin B core architectureCarlos A Guerrero
Frick Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Org Lett 13:5164-7. 2011....
- Fumigaclavine C inhibits tumor necrosis factor α production via suppression of toll-like receptor 4 and nuclear factor κB activation in macrophagesRong Hui Du
School of Medicine, State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Life Sci 89:235-40. 2011..In the current study, we investigated the anti-inflammatory action of the fungal alkaloid fumigaclavine C (FC), its effects on the TLR4 and NFκB signaling pathway, and its potential relevance as an anti-atherosclerotic agent...
- Bioactive alkaloids from endophytic Aspergillus fumigatusHui Ming Ge
Institute of Functional Biomolecules, State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 72:753-5. 2009..Furthermore, 14-norpseurotin (4) significantly induced neurite outgrowth of rat pheochromocytoma cells (PC12) at a 10.0 microM concentration...
- An enantioselective total synthesis and stereochemical revision of (+)-citrinadin BKe Kong
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80532 1872, USA
J Am Chem Soc 135:10890-3. 2013..The synthesis is convergent and employs a stereoselective intermolecular nitrone cyloaddition reaction as a key step. ..
- Synthesis and biological properties of benzo-annulated rutaecarpinesYoung Hwan Hong
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan 712 749, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 33:1704-9. 2010..Benzo-annulation on ring A led to significant increase of inhibitory activity against topo II while annulations on ring E increased inhibitory activity against topo I...
- Chemistry and biology of monoterpene indole alkaloid biosynthesisSARAH E O'CONNOR
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Building 18 592, Cambridge, MA 02139 4307, USA
Nat Prod Rep 23:532-47. 2006
- Citrinadin A, a novel pentacyclic alkaloid from marine-derived fungus Penicillium citrinumMasashi Tsuda
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
Org Lett 6:3087-9. 2004....
- Antileishmanial activity of indole alkaloids from Aspidosperma ramiflorumJ C A Tanaka
Departamento de Química da Universidade Estadual de Maringá, Maringa, PR, Brasil
Phytomedicine 14:377-80. 2007..amazonensis (LD(50) values of 16.3+/-1.6 microg/ml and 4.9+/-0.9 microg/ml, respectively). Our results are promising, showing that these compounds are biologically active against Gram-positive bacteria...
- Neolamarckines A and B, new indole alkaloids from Neolamarckia cadambaAhmad Kaleem Qureshi
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 59:291-3. 2011Two new indole alkaloids, neolamarckines A and B (1, 2) were isolated from the leaves of Neolamarckia cadamba (Rubiaceae)...
- Two new cytotoxic isomeric indole alkaloids from the roots of Nauclea orientalisJirapast Sichaem
Natural Products Research Unit, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, 10330, Thailand
Fitoterapia 81:830-3. 2010A pair of new isomeric indole alkaloids, naucleaorals A (1) and B (2) were isolated from the roots of Nauclea orientalis...
- Effects of evodiamine and rutaecarpine on the secretion of corticosterone by zona fasciculata-reticularis cells in male ratsPo Ling Yu
Department of Surgery, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei 10431, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Cell Biochem 108:469-75. 2009....
- New topoisomerases inhibitors: synthesis of rutaecarpine derivatives and their inhibitory activity against topoisomerasesSeung Ill Kim
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 35:785-9. 2012..Among them, strongly cytotoxic 10-bromorutaecarpine and 3-chlororutaecarpine showed strong inhibitory activities against topo I and II...
- Antithrombotic effect of rutaecarpine, an alkaloid isolated from Evodia rutaecarpa, on platelet plug formation in in vivo experimentsJ R Sheu
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Department of Surgery, Taipei Medical College, Taiwan
Br J Haematol 110:110-5. 2000..These results suggest that rutaecarpine has an effective anti-platelet effect in vivo and that it may be a potential therapeutic agent for arterial thrombosis, but it must be assessed further for toxicity...
- Rapid modulation of inhibitory synaptic currents in cerebellar Purkinje cells by BDNFRosemarie Drake-Baumann
Neurology Research, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Synapse 57:183-90. 2005....
- Hyrtioreticulins A-E, indole alkaloids inhibiting the ubiquitin-activating enzyme, from the marine sponge Hyrtios reticulatusRumi Yamanokuchi
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 862 0973, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 20:4437-42. 2012..So far, only five E1 inhibitors, panapophenanthrine, himeic acid A, largazole, and hyrtioreticulins A and B (1 and 2), have been isolated from natural sources and, among them, 1 is the most potent E1 inhibitor...
- Antibacterial activity of indole alkaloids from Aspidosperma ramiflorumJ C A Tanaka
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Estadual de Maringa, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 39:387-91. 2006..faecalis (MIC = 50 microg/mL), with EC50 of 8 and 2.5 microg/mL for ramiflorines A and B, respectively, against S. aureus. These results are promising, showing that these compounds are biologically active against Gram-positive bacteria...
- Alstilobanines A-E, new indole alkaloids from Alstonia angustilobaKoichiro Koyama
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hoshi University, Ebara 2 4 41, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 16:6483-8. 2008..Alstilobanines A-E showed a moderate vasorelaxant activity against phenylephrine-induced contraction of isolated rat aorta...
- Absolute stereochemistry of citrinadins a and B from marine-derived fungusTakao Mugishima
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
J Org Chem 70:9430-5. 2005....
- Reverse prenyltransferase in the biosynthesis of fumigaclavine C in Aspergillus fumigatus: gene expression, purification, and characterization of fumigaclavine C synthase FGAPT1Inge A Unsöld
Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Pharmazeutische Biologie, Auf der Morgenstelle 8, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Chembiochem 7:158-64. 2006..Surprisingly, it shows very low sequence similarity to the recently identified prenyltransferase LtxC from cyanobacteria, which also catalyzes the reverse prenylation of an indole nucleus...
- Functional analysis of an indole-diterpene gene cluster for lolitrem B biosynthesis in the grass endosymbiont Epichloë festucaeSanjay Saikia
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
FEBS Lett 586:2563-9. 2012..festucae and in cells of Penicillium paxilli containing copies of these genes under the control of a P. paxilli biosynthetic gene promoter. We propose a biosynthetic scheme to account for this metabolic diversity...
- Strategies for engineering plant natural products: the iridoid-derived monoterpene indole alkaloids of Catharanthus roseusSARAH E O'CONNOR
John Innes Centre, Department of Biological Chemistry, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, United Kingdom
Methods Enzymol 515:189-206. 2012..The iridoid-derived monoterpene indole alkaloids from C...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor modulates the excitability of nociceptive trigeminal ganglion neurons via a paracrine mechanism following inflammationMamoru Takeda
Department of Physiology, School of Life Dentistry at Tokyo, Nippon Dental University, 1 9 20, Fujimi cho, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8159, Japan
Brain Behav Immun 28:100-7. 2013..GDNF paracrine mechanism could be important as a therapeutic target for trigeminal inflammatory hyperalgesia...
- Chemical composition of Aspidosperma ulei Markgr. and antiplasmodial activity of selected indole alkaloidsZelina Estevam Dos Santos Torres
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas da Amazonia, Caixa Postal 2223 CEP 69080 971, Manaus, Amazonas, Brasil
Molecules 18:6281-97. 2013A new indole alkaloid, 12-hydroxy-N-acetyl-21(N)-dehydroplumeran-18-oic acid (13), and 11 known indole alkaloids: 3,4,5,6-tetradehydro-β-yohimbine (3), 19(E)-hunteracine (4), β-yohimbine (5), yohimbine (6), 19,20-dehydro-17-α-yohimbine ..
- Hyrtioerectines A-C, cytotoxic alkaloids from the red sea sponge hyrtioserectusDiaa T A Youssef
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Suez Canal University, Ismailia 41522, Egypt
J Nat Prod 68:1416-9. 2005..Hyrtioerectines A-C were moderately cytotoxic...
- Enantioselective total synthesis of (-)-citrinadin A and revision of its stereochemical structureZhiguo Bian
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Am Chem Soc 135:10886-9. 2013..The successful synthesis of citrinadin A led to a revision of the stereochemical structure of the core substructure of the citrinadins. ..
- Antiplasmodial activity of aspidosperma indole alkaloidsA C Mitaine-Offer
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, France
Phytomedicine 9:142-5. 2002..Isobolograms were obtained and demonstrated a synergic effect of N-formyl-aspidospermidine and aspidospermine when associated with chloroquine. The cytotoxicity and the selectivity index of some alkaloids were also estimated...
- Synthetic approaches to the bicyclo[2.2.2]diazaoctane ring system common to the paraherquamides, stephacidins and related prenylated indole alkaloidsKenneth A Miller
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1872, USA
Chem Soc Rev 38:3160-74. 2009..Detailed herein are a number of synthetic disconnections including intramolecular S(N)2' cyclizations, biomimetic Diels-Alder reactions, radical cyclizations, and cationic cascade reactions...
- Epidithiodiketopiperazines block the interaction between hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha) and p300 by a zinc ejection mechanismKristina M Cook
NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
J Biol Chem 284:26831-8. 2009..The results have implications for the design of selective ETPs and for the interaction of ETPs with other zinc ion-binding protein targets involved in gene expression...
- Gastroprotective mechanisms of indole alkaloids from Himatanthus lancifoliusCristiane Hatsuko Baggio
Department of Pharmacology, Biological Sciences Sector, Universidade Federal of Paraná, Curitiba, Brazil
Planta Med 71:733-8. 2005The indole alkaloids mixture (AlkF) obtained from the barks of Himatanthus lancifolius (Muell. Arg.) Woodson was evaluated for gastroprotective properties in rodents...
- Induction of apoptosis in HuH-7 cancer cells by monoterpene and beta-carboline indole alkaloids isolated from the leaves of Tabernaemontana elegansTayyab A Mansoor
iMed UL, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade de Lisboa, Av D Forças Armadas, 1600 083 Lisboa, Portugal
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:4255-8. 2009Three known (1-3) and a novel (4) monoterpene indole alkaloids have been isolated from the methanol extract of leaves of Tabernaemontana elegans and their structures were elucidated by a series of spectroscopic experiments, involving NMR, ..
- Studies on the synthesis and opioid agonistic activities of mitragynine-related indole alkaloids: discovery of opioid agonists structurally different from other opioid ligandsHiromitsu Takayama
Laboratory of Molecular Structure and Biological Function, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Yayoi cho, 1 33, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
J Med Chem 45:1949-56. 2002..The essential structural moieties in the Corynanthe type indole alkaloids for inducing the opioid agonistic activity were also clarified. The oxidative derivatives of mitragynine, i.e...
- Indole alkaloids and quassinoids from the stems of Brucea mollisHui Chen
State Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substance and Function of Natural Medicines, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 74:2438-45. 2011Seven new indole alkaloids, bruceollines H-N (1-7), three new quassinoids, yadanziolides T-V (10-12), and four known analogues, bruceolline E (8), bruceolline F (9), bruceine D (13), and yadanziolide B (14), were isolated from an ethanol ..
- Antimicrobial activities of indole alkaloids from Tabernaemontana catharinensisMaria Rita Furquini Medeiros
Unidade de Biotecnologia, Universidade de Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brasil
Nat Prod Commun 6:193-6. 2011..coli and P. aeruginosa the MIC of MMV ranged from 0.08 to 0.31 mg/mL. The chromatography analysis of the EB2 fraction revealed the presence of indole alkaloids, including MMV, possibly responsible for the observed antimicrobial activity.
- Discovery of the development candidate N-tert-butyl nodulisporamide: a safe and efficacious once monthly oral agent for the control of fleas and ticks on companion animalsPeter T Meinke
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065 0900, USA
J Med Chem 52:3505-15. 2009..Tissue distribution studies in mice using [(14)C]-labeled 3 indicate that adipose beds serve as ligand depots, contributing to the long terminal half-lives of these compounds...
- Rigorous biogenetic network for a group of indole alkaloids derived from strictosidineLászló F Szabó
Department of Organic Chemistry, Semmelweis University, Hogyes utca 7, H 1092 Budapest, Hungary
Molecules 13:1875-96. 2008Strictosidine, the precursor of more than 2,500 indole alkaloids, was isolated from four species of three plant families...
- Indole alkaloids from three species of the Ervatamia genus: E. officinalis, E. divaricata, and E. divaricata GouyahuaHua Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 555 Zu Chong Zhi Road, Zhangjiang Hi Tech Park, Shanghai 201203, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 70:54-9. 2007Six new indole alkaloids, 14,15-didehydro-10,11-dimethoxy-16-epivincamine (1), 14,15-didehydro-10-hydroxy-11-methoxy-16-epivincamine (2), 14,15-didehydro-10,11-dimethoxyvincamine (3), 14,15-didehydro-10-hydroxy-11-methoxyvincamine (4), 19,..
- Naucleamides A-E, new monoterpene indole alkaloids from Nauclea latifoliaHideyuki Shigemori
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 51:58-61. 2003Five new monoterpene indole alkaloids, naucleamides A-E (1-5), were isolated from the bark and wood of Nauclea latifolia, and the structures and relative stereochemistry were elucidated from the spectroscopic data...
- New cytotoxic indole alkaloids from Tabernaemontana calcarea from the Madagascar rainforestV S Prakash Chaturvedula
Department of Chemistry, M C 0212, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
J Nat Prod 66:528-31. 2003..of a CH(2)Cl(2)-MeOH extract of Tabernaemontana calcarea resulted in the isolation of the three new cytotoxic indole alkaloids, 1-3, and the 12 known alkaloids voacangine (4), isovoacangine (5), coronaridine (6), 11-hydroxycoronaridine (..
- Turbinatine, a potential key intermediate in the biosynthesis of corynanthean-type indole alkaloidsCarmen Lucia Cardoso
Instituto de Quimica, Universidade Estadual Paulista, UNESP, CP 355, CEP 14 801 970, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Nat Prod 66:1017-21. 2003..has led to the isolation of turbinatine (1), a new corynanthean-type indole alkaloid, besides four known indole alkaloids, strictosidine, 5alpha-carboxystrictosidine, vallesiachotamine, and isovallesiachotamine...
- Enhanced transdermal delivery of evodiamine and rutaecarpine using microemulsionYong Tai Zhang
School of Pharmacy, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 6:2469-82. 2011..The purpose of this study was to improve skin permeation of evodiamine and rutaecarpine for transdermal delivery with microemulsion as vehicle and investigate real-time cutaneous absorption of the drugs via in vivo microdialysis...
- Indole alkaloids from the leaves of Philippine Alstonia scholarisAllan Patrick G Macabeo
Phytochemistry Laboratory, Research Center for the Natural Sciences, Thomas Aquinas Research Complex, University of Santo Tomas, Espana St, Manila 1008, Philippines
Phytochemistry 66:1158-62. 2005..isolated from the (pH 5) alkaloid extract of Philippine Alstonia scholaris leaves together with the known indole alkaloids 19,20-(E)-vallesamine (3), angustilobine B N4-oxide (4), 20(S)-tubotaiwine (5), and 6,7-seco-angustilobine B (..
- New indole alkaloids from the bark of Alstonia scholarisAngela A Salim
Institute for Molecular Bioscience and Department of Chemistry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
J Nat Prod 67:1591-4. 2004..The structures of all compounds were elucidated by spectroscopic methods. This is the first report of compounds 3-5and 7 in A. scholaris. Some NMR assignments of the known compounds were revised...
- Small molecule blockade of transcriptional coactivation of the hypoxia-inducible factor pathwayAndrew L Kung
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 6:33-43. 2004....
- Tremorgenic mycotoxins increase gastric smooth muscle activity of sheep reticulum and rumen in vitroL Wang
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Waikato, PB 3105, Hamilton, New Zealand
Res Vet Sci 74:93-100. 2003..The results show that these mycotoxins have peripheral excitatory effects on the reticulorumen and it is suggested that such activity in vivo may reflexly affect centrally derived cyclical contractions...
- Simple indole alkaloids and those with a nonrearranged monoterpenoid unitSatoshi Hibino
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science, Fukuyama University, Hiroshima, Japan
Nat Prod Rep 19:148-80. 2002This review covers simple indole alkaloids, isoprenoid tryptamines, and bisindole alkaloids with a nonrearranged monoterpenoid unit...
- Biologically active indole alkaloids from Kopsia arboreaKuan Hon Lim
Department of Chemistry, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Nat Prod 70:1302-7. 2007Nine new indole alkaloids, rhazinoline (1), 19(S)-methoxytubotaiwine (2), 19(R)-methoxytubotaiwine (3), kopsamidine A (4), kopsamidine B (5), kopsinidine A (6), kopsinidine B (7), paucidactine C (8), and pericine N-oxide (9), in addition ..
- Rapid identification of enzyme variants for reengineered alkaloid biosynthesis in periwinklePeter Bernhardt
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Chem Biol 14:888-97. 2007Monoterpene indole alkaloids from Catharanthus roseus (Madagascar periwinkle), such as the anticancer agents vinblastine and vincristine, have important pharmacological activities...
- K252a, an inhibitor of Trk, disturbs pathfinding of hippocampal mossy fibersMakoto Tamura
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Neuroreport 17:481-6. 2006..Similar defasciculation was observed with an inhibitor of MEK, which is one of the signaling molecules downstream of Trk. This study suggests for the first time that Trk and the MEK pathway are required for mossy fiber pathfinding...
- Halogenated indole alkaloids from marine invertebratesPatrícia Mendonça Pauletti
Núcleo de Pesquisas em Ciências Exatas e Tecnológicas, Universidade de Franca Av Dr Armando Salles de Oliveira, 201, CEP 14404 600, Franca, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mar Drugs 8:1526-49. 2010This review discusses the isolation, structural elucidation, and biological activities of halogenated indole alkaloids obtained from marine invertebrates...
- Structure-based engineering of strictosidine synthase: auxiliary for alkaloid librariesElke A Loris
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology, Institute of Pharmacy, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Staudingerweg 5, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
Chem Biol 14:979-85. 2007..condensation between tryptamine and secologanin, leading to the synthesis of about 2000 monoterpenoid indole alkaloids in higher plants...
- Anti-inflammatory principles from the fruits of Evodia rutaecarpa and their cellular action mechanismsYong Hwan Choi
College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:293-7. 2006..These pharmacological properties may provide the additional scientific rationale for anti-inflammatory use of the fruits of E. rutaecarpa...
- The fungal neurotoxin lolitrem B inhibits the function of human large conductance calcium-activated potassium channelsJulie E Dalziel
AgResearch Limited, Biomembrane Group, Grasslands Research Centre, Tennent Drive, Private Bag 11008, Palmerston North 5301, New Zealand
Toxicol Lett 155:421-6. 2005..This is the first time that a molecular site of action has been identified for a compound of the lolitrem structural class of indole diterpene and identifies a novel BK channel blocker...
- Effects of HIF-1 inhibition by chetomin on hypoxia-related transcription and radiosensitivity in HT 1080 human fibrosarcoma cellsAdrian Staab
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Wurzburg, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 7:213. 2007..We investigated whether targeting of HIF-1 using chetomin, a disrupter of the interaction of HIF-1 with the transcriptional coactivator p300, influences the radiosensitivity of hypoxic HT 1080 human fibrosarcoma cells...
- K-252a and staurosporine selectively block autophosphorylation of neurotrophin receptors and neurotrophin-mediated responsesS H Nye
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591
Mol Biol Cell 3:677-86. 1992..A potential therapeutic application for these inhibitors is discussed...
- Secondary metabolites from three Florida sponges with antidepressant activityAnna J Kochanowska
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38677, USA
J Nat Prod 71:186-9. 2008Brominated indole alkaloids are a common class of metabolites reported from sponges of the order Verongida...
- The molecular mechanism of "ryegrass staggers," a neurological disorder of K+ channelsWendy L Imlach
AgResearch, Grasslands Research Centre, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:657-64. 2008..Our study therefore reveals a new role for the accessory BK beta4 subunit in motor control. The beta4 subunit could be considered as a potential target for treatment of ataxic conditions in animals and in humans...
- Isolation of putative biosynthetic intermediates of prenylated indole alkaloids from a thermophilic fungus Talaromyces thermophilusYan Sheng Chu
Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bio Resources, Yunnan University, Kunming 650091, PR China
Org Lett 12:4356-9. 2010The putative key biosynthetic intermediates of prenylated indole alkaloids have long been proposed but never isolated...
- Simple indole alkaloids and those with a nonrearranged monoterpenoid unitKazuhiro Higuchi
Meiji Pharmaceutical University, 2 522 1 Kiyose, Tokyo 204 8588, Japan
Nat Prod Rep 24:843-68. 2007This review covers the literature on simple indole alkaloids and those with a nonrearranged monoterpenoid unit. Newly isolated alkaloids, structure determinations, total syntheses and biological activities are included.
- Structural determinants of lolitrems for inhibition of BK large conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channelsWendy L Imlach
AgResearch, Grasslands Research Centre, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
Eur J Pharmacol 605:36-45. 2009..This study has identified seven new BK channel inhibitors and has allowed the identification of two key structural features required for high potency BK channel activity by lolitrems...
- New indole alkaloids from the North Sea bacterium Vibrio parahaemolyticus Bio249Ravikanth Veluri
Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Gottingen, Tammannstrasse 2, D 37077 Gottingen, Germany
J Nat Prod 66:1520-3. 2003..Their structures were established on the basis of various spectral data, and their origin is discussed. All compounds were inactive against a range of bacteria and fungi...
- Metabolic reprogramming of periwinkle plant cultureWeerawat Runguphan
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue 18 592, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Chem Biol 5:151-3. 2009..This work demonstrates the power of genetic engineering to retailor the structures of complex alkaloid natural products in plant culture...
- Anti-inflammatory activity in skin by biomimetic of Evodia rutaecarpa extract from traditional Chinese medicineDaniel B Yarosh
AGI Dermatics, 205 Buffalo Avenue, Freeport, NY 11520, USA
J Dermatol Sci 42:13-21. 2006..Methyl nicotinate (MN) is known to induce the release of PGD(2) resulting in localized erythema within 30 min after topical application to human skin...
- Quality evaluation of Evodia rutaecarpa (Juss.) Benth by high performance liquid chromatography with photodiode-array detectionYang Zhao
West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:1230-6. 2008..The total contents of evodiamine and rutaecarpine in different samples were calculated and the blending method proposed was demonstrated to be very useful in saving resources and in guiding rational herb use...
- Leptoclinidamines A-C, indole alkaloids from the Australian ascidian Leptoclinides durusAnthony R Carroll
Australian Rivers Institute, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
J Nat Prod 72:696-9. 2009Three new indole alkaloids, leptoclinidamines A-C (1-3), were isolated from the Australian ascidian Leptoclinides durus. Their structures were determined by analysis of 2D NMR spectra...
- Co-expression of three MEP pathway genes and geraniol 10-hydroxylase in internal phloem parenchyma of Catharanthus roseus implicates multicellular translocation of intermediates during the biosynthesis of monoterpene indole alkaloids and isoprenoid-deriveVincent Burlat
EA 2106, Plant Biocompounds and Biotechnology, UFR des Sciences et Techniques, Universite de Tours, 37200 Tours, France
Plant J 38:131-41. 2004..Many secondary metabolites, such as monoterpene indole alkaloids (MIAs) in Catharanthus roseus, are also synthesised from this source of IPP...
- Heterologous expression of a Rauvolfia cDNA encoding strictosidine glucosidase, a biosynthetic key to over 2000 monoterpenoid indole alkaloidsIrina Gerasimenko
Lehrstuhl fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Institut fur Pharmazie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:2204-13. 2002..SG) is an enzyme that catalyses the second step in the biosynthesis of various classes of monoterpenoid indole alkaloids. Based on the comparison of cDNA sequences of SG from Catharanthus roseus and raucaffricine glucosidase (RG) ..
- New antiinfective and human 5-HT2 receptor binding natural and semisynthetic compounds from the Jamaican sponge Smenospongia aureaJin Feng Hu
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38677, USA
J Nat Prod 65:476-80. 2002In addition to the sesquiterpene-phenol aureols (1), 6'-chloroaureol (2), and aureol acetate (3), eight indole alkaloids including the new N-3'-ethylaplysinopsin (9) have been isolated from the Jamaican sponge Smenospongia aurea...
- Isolation of gelsedine-type indole alkaloids from Gelsemium elegans and evaluation of the cytotoxic activity of gelsemium alkaloids for A431 epidermoid carcinoma cellsMariko Kitajima
Department of Molecular Structure and Biological Function, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoi cho, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
J Nat Prod 69:715-8. 2006Four new gelsedine-type indole alkaloids (1-4) were isolated from the leaves of Gelsemium elegans, together with 11 known alkaloids...
- Total synthesis and antiproliferative activity screening of (+/-)-aplicyanins A, B and E and related analoguesMiroslav Sisa
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Barcelona Science Park University of Barcelona, Baldiri Reixac 10, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Med Chem 52:6217-23. 2009The first total synthesis of the indole alkaloids (+/-)-aplicyanins A, B, and E, plus 17 analogues, all in racemic form, is reported...
- Symmetry C18 column: a better choice for the analysis of indole alkaloids of Catharanthus roseusG C Uniyal
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants CIMAP, PO CIMAP, Lucknow 226015, India
Phytochem Anal 12:206-10. 2001..Detection was performed at 220 nm which presented better absorptivity for these indole alkaloids giving a minimum detection limit of 0.5 microgram...
- Chemistry and pharmacology of analgesic indole alkaloids from the rubiaceous plant, Mitragyna speciosaHiromitsu Takayama
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 52:916-28. 2004..growing in Thailand and Malaysia have led to the isolation of several 9-methoxy-Corynanthe-type monoterpenoid indole alkaloids, including new natural products...
- 1,2-bis(1H-indol-3-yl)ethane-1,2-dione, an indole alkaloid from the marine sponge Smenospongia spMatthew J McKay
AstraZeneca R and D, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
J Nat Prod 65:595-7. 2002....
- Bis and tris indole alkaloids from marine organisms: new leads for drug discoveryLeena Gupta
Division of Medicinal and Process Chemistry, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226001, India
Curr Med Chem 14:1789-803. 2007....
- Role of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in the circadian regulation of the suprachiasmatic pacemaker by lightF Q Liang
Texas A and M University Health Science Center, Department of Human Anatomy, College of Medicine, College Station, Texas 77843 1114, USA
J Neurosci 20:2978-87. 2000..Collectively, these findings suggest that BDNF-mediated signaling may play an important role in the circadian regulation of SCN pacemaker sensitivity to light...
- NOVEL PALLADIUM CATALYZED SYNTHESES OF INDOLE ALKALOIDSBJORN SODERBERG; Fiscal Year: 2001..of this proposal is to develop short, mild, general, and versatile synthetic routes to polyfunctionalized indole alkaloids. The key step in this methodology is a recently developed, palladium catalyzed, N-heteroannulation reaction ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Michael Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..amino acids (isoleucine, proline, and tryptophan) and mevalonate-derived isoprene moieties to the polycyclic indole alkaloids comprising the paraherquamides, stephacidins, avrainvillamide, notoamides, norgeamides, malbrancheamides and ..
- Phosphine-Catalyzed Annulations and Their ApplicationsOhyun Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2010..with aldimines to form tetrahydropyridines could be geared to the chemical synthesis of indole alkaloids, such as hirsuteine, hirsutine, alstonerine, macroline, alstomicine, and reserpine...
- Enantioselective Total Synthesis of Marcfortine B via SmI2-mediated C-C Bond FormTIMOTHY KUM BENG; Fiscal Year: 2013..reactions between our proposed dienophile and 1,1-disubstituted dienes in the synthesis of prenylated indole alkaloids. Our proposed plan will mark the first enantioselective synthesis of any member of the marcfortine family...
- STEREOCONTROLLED SYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE ALKALOIDSVIRESH RAWAL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, these investigations are expected to result not only in efficient syntheses of a wide range of indole alkaloids, but also in the development of useful new methodologies, particularly palladium-catalyzed processes and ..
- Organocascade catalysis - total synthesis of Ochrosamine BEduardas Skucas; Fiscal Year: 2012..The B|chi-type ketone 2 is a common structural motif of Aspidosperma and Strychnos family indole alkaloids, such as tubifoline, vindoline and ochrosamine B, which exhibit biological properties across a broad spectrum ..
- Canthinones as Human Isozyme Selective PDE4 InhibitorsKEVIN CZERWINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2002..research is to investigate the inhibitory activity of substituted canthin-6-one and canthin-5, 6-dione indole alkaloids against human cAMP phosphodiesterase (PDE4) isoenzymes...
- GENETICS OF SUSCEPTIBILITY TO SKIN TUMOR PROMOTIONJohn DiGiovanni; Fiscal Year: 1990..mice (and possibly other inbred strains) to different classes of skin tumor promoting agents including indole alkaloids, polyacetates, anthrones, and organic peroxides...
- Synthesis and Study of Complex Natural ProductsMohammad Movassaghi; Fiscal Year: 2013..development of highly chemo- and stereoselective transformations relevant to assembly of more complex terpene-indole alkaloids. This program will result in a vast number of synthetic samples of rare and precious molecules...
- Methodology for Alkaloid Total SynthesisSTEVEN WEINREB; Fiscal Year: 2009..to vinylnitroso compounds will constitute key steps in total syntheses of the vallesamine class of indole alkaloids including (Z)-vallesamine, angustilobine A and angustilodine...
- STEREOCONTROLLED SYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE ALKALOIDSVIRESH RAWAL; Fiscal Year: 2000..Overall, these investigations are expected to result in not only efficient syntheses of a wide range of indole alkaloids, but also to the development of methodology, particularly palladium catalyzed processes, that should prove ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESES OF INDOLE ALKALOIDSMARTIN KUEHNE; Fiscal Year: 2002This proposal is a continuation of our synthetic efforts in indole alkaloids that have significant pharmacological activity for clinical use...
- ANALOGS OF ANTINEOPLASTIC INDOLE ALKALOIDSRICHARD SUNDBERG; Fiscal Year: 1991The purpose of this projects is to synthesize and characterize new analogs at the antineoplastic dimeric indole alkaloids of the vincristine- vinblastine type...
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTHRACYCLINONESWILLIAM WULFF; Fiscal Year: 1993..is proposed that they be investigated with regard to the synthesis of several members of the aspidospermia alkaloid family including vindoline which is a constituent of the dimeric antitumor indole alkaloids vinblastine and vincristine.
- Cross-Coupling Reactions of OrganosilanolsSCOTT DENMARK; Fiscal Year: 2009..Synthetic approaches to isodomoic acid H, hepatitis C viral inihibiting indole alkaloids, the salicylihalimide macrolactone oximidine II, and polyene antiviral antibiotic viridenomycin are detailed...
- METHODOLOGY FOR THE SYNTHESIS OF NITROGEN HETEROCYCLESPhilip Magnus; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also it is intended to investigate the synthesis of the marine indole alkaloids, securine A/B, securamine A/B and chartelline A using a putative biomimetic strategy...
- SYNTHESIS OF MEDICINALLY INTERESTING MOLECULESRonald Parry; Fiscal Year: 1999..5) Development of an efficient synthetic protocol for indole alkaloids including tabersonine and catharanthine...
- BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH SUPPORTSeymour Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 1991..Development of New Synthetic Methods and Total Synthesis of Natural Products (Snider); Short Synthesis of Indole Alkaloids (Hendrickson)...
- Tandem Cycloadditions for Alkaloids SynthesisJENNIFER SCHAUS; Fiscal Year: 2003This application describes the development of sequential cycloadditions for the stereocontrolled synthesis of indole alkaloids framework and its application toward the synthesis of a new indole alkaloid--3-demethoxymyrtoidine...
- Total Synthesis of Anti-Cancer Natural ProductsPhil S Baran; Fiscal Year: 2010..New strategies and methods in chemistry and substantial contributions to medicine are anticipated through strategic collaborations with several leaders in the field of cancer biology. ..
- Oxidative Coupling in Natural Product SynthesisPhil Baran; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Alkynyliodonium Salts and Derived Diyls in SynthesisKen Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- Chemical and Biological Studies on Biaryl PhenolicsKen Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The search for selective 20S proteosome inhibitors among the Ntn-type proteases will be advanced by these investigations. ..
- New Methodology for Indole Alkaloid SynthesesKen S Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The use of a new variant of the Pummerer reaction to control both oxidation level and reaction site within the indole nucleus forms the basis of this chemistry. ..
- PHYSIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE NATURAL PRODUCTSDouglass Taber; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the course of these investigations, new molecular reactivity will be developed that will substantially shorten current routes to polycyclic natural products and drug candidates. ..
- NMR systems : 2 Bruker Avance 500 ConsolesAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The areas of public health research include, among others, cancer, infectious diseases, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, and heart and cardiovascular disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF AZADIRACHTINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is expected to impact the general areas of pharmaceutical and agricultural research, and infectious diseases in particular, through discoveries in synthetic organic chemistry and chemical biology. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- HETEROCYCLIC RING COMPOUNDS FOR ALKALOID SYNTHESISAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2007..The generation of biologically active compounds by new synthetic methods remains an important part of both health related and chemical research. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF SPONGISTATIN ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Design and Synthesis of HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- NEUROTROPHIN CONTROL OF REM SLEEPJack Yamuy; Fiscal Year: 2004..This concerted set of experiments will be critical in elucidating the role that neurotrophins play in the control of REM sleep. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF CHLOROPEPTINS, GP120 CD4 BINDING INHIBITORSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF FUSED HETEROCYCLIC COMPOUNDSAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2002..The generation of biologically active compounds by new synthetic methods remains an important part of both health related and chemical research. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..
- Molecular Approaches to Understanding Global Regulation in Paclitaxel AccumulatioElsbeth L Walker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because production of paclitaxel in the U.S. and world depends on plant cell culture technology, this research will directly impact future paclitaxel supply for both current and emerging applications. ..
- An in situ Neuronal Model of PHF-TAU Accumulation in ADGarth Hall; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Biosynthesis of Hypotensive Phosphonopeptide Natural ProductsBrian O Bachmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Metalloproteinase inhibitors have potential to treat a large number of human illnesses including hypertension, cancer and osteoarthritis, among others. ..
- BEHAVIORALLY INDUCED NEUROCHEMICAL PLASTICITYChristine Gall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed work will provide a first test for their presence in regions engaged learning behaviors. ..
- THE SYNTHESIS OF LACTONAMYCIN AND ANALOGST Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2003..To test, in collaboration with Pfizer Inc., analogs and synthetic intermediates for antibiotic, anticancer and other biological activities. ..
- APPROACHES TO CHARACTERIZATION OF ANTIINFECTIVE AGENTSMark Hamann; Fiscal Year: 2002..SAR studies will be conducted utilizing chemical and microbial transformations of biologically active secondary metabolites combined with molecular modeling studies. ..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGeorge R Pettit; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Molecular MotorT Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2004..The project should expand the understanding of chemically directed and controlled movement, which is a topic central to the understanding of biological systems. ..
- Purification of Optically Labeled OligonucleotidesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initial work will focus on oligonucleotide probe purification. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF CYTOTOXIC GUAIANOLIDES AND OTHER TERPENOIDSJAMES RIGBY; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cigarette Smoke in Early Life Alters Airway ReactivityZhong Xin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will provide new understanding about the mechanisms of ETS susceptibility during early life. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTEGRIN REGULATION AND FUNCTIONS IN ADULT BRAINChristine Gall; Fiscal Year: 2007..As a consequence these findings are important for understanding basic mechanisms of neuronal communication and survival in the adult CNS. ..
- Action of Novel Anti-tumor Agents on Cell CommunicationDiane Matesic; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Purification of Oligonucleotides and Nucleoside TriphosphatesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed work seeks to further develop an entirely new method for oligonucleotide purification, thus streamlining the development and production of these crucial substances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SYNTHESIS OF COCARCINOGENIC DITERPENESJAMES RIGBY; Fiscal Year: 2005..These projected investigations should generate substantial new knowledge about complex synthesis as well as providing additional insight into some of the bioactivity exhibited by the subject natural products. ..
- Intramolecular Aryne Cycloadditions and RearrangementsKEITH BUSZEK; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Biochemical Analysis and Engineering of Lovastatin Polyketide SynthaseYi Tang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Reconstitute fungal polyketide biosynthesis in a heterologous host. Aim 2. Mechanistic analysis of fungal PKS enzymes. Aim 3. Structural analysis of fungal PKS domains. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2007..In summary, the proposed research will be sharply aimed at the discovery and very rapid development of new anticancer drugs for the NCI programs direct at improving human cancer treatments. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE NATURAL PRODUCTSBARRY SNIDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the course of these studies new methods will be developed that are of general utility for preparing drugs more economically. ..
- Development of a Novel Anti-Neuroinflammatory AD TherapeuticD Watterson; Fiscal Year: 2008..This U01 project has highly feasible annual milestones, with the final one being development of a synthetic protocol compatible with GMP synthesis by an FDA compliant contract research organization. ..
- RAPID KINETIC AND OTHER STUDIES OF BIOLOGICAL OXYGENASESDavid Ballou; Fiscal Year: 2009..This may, in turn, lead to an improved ability to predict and deal with the metabolism of various compounds in the environment. ..