Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antineoplastic agent used to treat ovarian cancer. It works by inhibiting DNA TOPOISOMERASES, TYPE I.
Publications270 found, 100 shown here
- The mechanism of topoisomerase I poisoning by a camptothecin analogBart L Staker
deCODE Genetics, Incorporated, BioStructures Group, 7869 Northeast Day Road West, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15387-92. 2002..topoisomerase I covalently joined to double-stranded DNA and bound to the clinically approved anticancer agent Topotecan. Topotecan mimics a DNA base pair and binds at the site of DNA cleavage by intercalating between the upstream (-..
- Subconjunctival carboplatin and systemic topotecan treatment in preclinical models of retinoblastomaKatie M Nemeth
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Cancer 117:421-34. 2011The authors demonstrated previously that the combination of topotecan (TPT) and carboplatin (CBP) was more effective than current chemotherapeutic combinations used to treat retinoblastoma in an orthotopic xenograft model...
- R-loop formation at Snord116 mediates topotecan inhibition of Ube3a-antisense and allele-specific chromatin decondensationWeston T Powell
Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Genome Center, Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute, and Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:13938-43. 2013..Interestingly, topoisomerase inhibitors, including topotecan, were recently identified in an unbiased drug screen for compounds that could reverse the silent paternal allele ..
- Phase I study of PARP inhibitor ABT-888 in combination with topotecan in adults with refractory solid tumors and lymphomasShivaani Kummar
Center for Cancer Research and Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, USA
Cancer Res 71:5626-34. 2011A phase I trial of ABT-888 (veliparib), a PARP inhibitor, in combination with topotecan, a topoisomerase I-targeted agent, was carried out to determine maximum tolerated dose (MTD), safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of the ..
- Antitumour drugs impede DNA uncoiling by topoisomerase IDaniel A Koster
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Delft University of Technology, Lorentzweg 1, 2628 CJ Delft, The Netherlands
Nature 448:213-7. 2007..Camptothecins, such as topotecan, induce cell death by poisoning DNA topoisomerase I, an enzyme capable of removing DNA supercoils...
- Phase I/II study of AT-101 with topotecan in relapsed and refractory small cell lung cancerRebecca Suk Heist
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1637-43. 2010AT-101 is an oral, pan Bcl-2 family protein inhibitor that has demonstrated activity in small cell lung cancer (SCLC) models. A phase I/II study was conducted combining AT-101 with topotecan in relapsed and refractory SCLC.
- Structural and dynamical effects induced by the anticancer drug topotecan on the human topoisomerase I - DNA complexGiordano Mancini
CASPUR Inter University Consortium for the Application of Super Computing for Universities and Research, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e10934. 2010..It is the only target of the camptothecin family of anticancer drugs. Among these, topotecan has been used to treat lung and ovarian carcinoma for several years...
- Multihistology, target-driven pilot trial of oral topotecan as an inhibitor of hypoxia-inducible factor-1α in advanced solid tumorsShivaani Kummar
Center for Cancer Research and Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 21702, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:5123-31. 2011..b>Topotecan, a topoisomerase I inhibitor, has been shown to inhibit HIF-1α expression in preclinical models...
- A chemical screen identifies the chemotherapeutic drug topotecan as a specific inhibitor of the B-MYB/MYCN axis in neuroblastomaFrancesco Sottile
UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Oncotarget 3:535-45. 2012..the topoisomerase-1 inhibitor camptothecin, is of considerable clinical interest since its derivatives topotecan and irinotecan are currently used as first and second line treatment agents for various types of cancer, ..
- Topotecan combination chemotherapy in two new rodent models of retinoblastomaNikia A Laurie
Department of Developmental Neurobiology and Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:7569-78. 2005..two models combined with pharmacokinetic studies and cell culture experiments, we have tested the efficacy of topotecan combined with carboplatin and of topotecan combined with vincristine for the treatment of retinoblastoma...
- Advanced ovarian cancer: phase III randomized study of sequential cisplatin-topotecan and carboplatin-paclitaxel vs carboplatin-paclitaxelP Hoskins
BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver Clinic, 600 West 10 Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4E6
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:1547-56. 2010b>Topotecan has single-agent activity in recurrent ovarian cancer. It was evaluated in a novel combination compared with standard frontline therapy.
- Combined weekly topotecan and biweekly bevacizumab in women with platinum-resistant ovarian, peritoneal, or fallopian tube cancer: results of a phase 2 studyKathryn F McGonigle
Women s Cancer Care of Seattle, Seattle, Washington 98133, USA
Cancer 117:3731-40. 2011A phase 2 trial was conducted to determine the toxicity and efficacy of combined weekly topotecan and biweekly bevacizumab in patients with primary or secondary platinum-resistant ovarian, peritoneal, or fallopian tube cancer (OC).
- Phase II trial of lapatinib and topotecan (LapTop) in patients with platinum-refractory/resistant ovarian and primary peritoneal carcinomaS John Weroha
Department of Medical Oncology, Mayo, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gynecol Oncol 122:116-20. 2011..One purported mechanism of topotecan resistance is the breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) and P-glycoprotein (Pgp)...
- P-glycoprotein and breast cancer resistance protein: two dominant transporters working together in limiting the brain penetration of topotecanNienke A de Vries
Department of Clinical Chemistry, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 13:6440-9. 2007..Whereas the effect of P-glycoprotein (P-gp) at the BBB is well established, the role of breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) that is also expressed at the BBB is not...
- Randomized phase II study of lapatinib plus capecitabine or lapatinib plus topotecan for patients with HER2-positive breast cancer brain metastasesNancy U Lin
Division of Women s Cancers, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Neurooncol 105:613-20. 2011..22 of a planned 110 patients were enrolled due to excess toxicity and lack of efficacy in the lapatinib plus topotecan arm...
- Pilot study of topotecan and high-dose cyclophosphamide for resistant pediatric solid tumorsB H Kushner
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 35:468-74. 2000The recommended dosages of topotecan and cyclophosphamide in combination for prior-treated patients-3...
- Topotecan and cyclophosphamide in patients with refractory or relapsed Ewing tumorsAndrea Hunold
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University Children s Hospital, Muenster, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:795-800. 2006..Promising response rates have recently been reported for the combination of topotecan (TOPO) and cyclophosphamide (CYC) encouraging wider application of this combination in patients with relapsed ..
- Cyclophosphamide plus topotecan in children with recurrent or refractory solid tumors: a Pediatric Oncology Group phase II studyR L Saylors
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:3463-9. 2001PURPOSE: To determine the response rate of the combination of cyclophosphamide and topotecan in pediatric patients with recurrent or refractory malignant solid tumors...
- A phase II study of metronomic oral topotecan for recurrent childhood brain tumorsJane E Minturn
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:39-44. 2011The prognosis for recurrent or refractory brain tumors in children is poor with conventional therapies. Topotecan is a topoisomerase I inhibitor with good central nervous system (CNS) penetration following oral administration...
- Phase III trial comparing supportive care alone with supportive care with oral topotecan in patients with relapsed small-cell lung cancerMary E R O'Brien
Royal Marsden Hospital, National Health System Trust, Sutton, Surrey, England
J Clin Oncol 24:5441-7. 2006..For patients with small-cell lung cancer (SCLC), further chemotherapy is routinely considered at relapse after first-line therapy. However, proof of clinical benefit has not been documented...
- A phase I study of obatoclax mesylate, a Bcl-2 antagonist, plus topotecan in solid tumor malignanciesPaul K Paik
Thoracic Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:1079-85. 2010..the safety, maximum tolerated dose (MTD), recommended phase II dose, and preliminary antitumor activity of obatoclax mesylate (GX15-070MS), a Bcl-2 antagonist, in combination with topotecan in patients with solid tumor malignancies.
- Randomized phase III trial of cisplatin with or without topotecan in carcinoma of the uterine cervix: a Gynecologic Oncology Group StudyHarry J Long
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:4626-33. 2005On the basis of reported activity of methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) or topotecan plus cisplatin in advanced cervix cancer, we undertook a randomized trial comparing these combinations versus cisplatin alone, ..
- Metronomic oral topotecan prolongs survival and reduces liver metastasis in improved preclinical orthotopic and adjuvant therapy colon cancer modelsChristina Hackl
Department of Medical Biophysics, Molecular and Cellular Biology Research, Sunnybrook Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gut 62:259-71. 2013..In this study, the authors report the establishment of such standardised orthotopic mouse models of colon cancer and their use in evaluating metronomic topotecan alone or in combination with standard chemotherapy.
- The inhibition of autophagy sensitises colon cancer cells with wild-type p53 but not mutant p53 to topotecan treatmentDan Dan Li
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e45058. 2012b>Topotecan produces DNA damage that induces autophagy in cancer cells. In this study, sensitising topotecan to colon cancer cells with different P53 status via modulation of autophagy was examined.
- Pheophorbide a is a specific probe for ABCG2 function and inhibitionRobert W Robey
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Rm 12C203, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Res 64:1242-6. 2004..In 4-day cytotoxicity assays, ABCG2-mediated resistance to SN-38 and topotecan was abrogated in ABCG2-transfected HEK-293 cells treated with 1 micro M tariquidar, and ABCG2-transfected cells ..
- Subunit-dependent inhibition and potentiation of 5-HT3 receptor by the anticancer drug, topotecanYukiko Nakamura
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Neurochem 125:7-15. 2013..In this study, we show that the anticancer drug, topotecan, bidirectionally modulates the 5-HT3 receptor using a two-electrode voltage clamp technique...
- A phase III trial of topotecan and whole brain radiation therapy for patients with CNS-metastases due to lung cancerT Neuhaus
Johanniter Krankenhaus, Bonn, Germany
Br J Cancer 100:291-7. 2009..multicentric phase III trial, comparing whole brain radiation therapy (WBRT; 20 x 2 Gy) alone with WBRT+topotecan (RCT; 0.4 mg m(-2) day(-1) x 20)...
- Torque and dynamics of linking number relaxation in stretched supercoiled DNAJohn F Marko
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 76:021926. 2007..Such enzymes must display a breaking of symmetry between relaxations driven by equal magnitude but opposite direction torques...
- A phase I study of weekly temsirolimus and topotecan in the treatment of advanced and/or recurrent gynecologic malignanciesSarah M Temkin
Department of Ob Gyn, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Maryland Medical School, 11 S Paca Street, Suite 300B, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Gynecol Oncol 117:473-6. 2010The mTOR inhibitor, temsirolimus, has clinical activity in the treatment of gynecologic malignancies, particularly endometrial cancer. We sought to determine the tolerability of the combination of weekly topotecan with weekly temsirolimus.
- Successful therapy of subcutaneously growing human hepatoblastoma xenografts with topotecanS W Warmann
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Med Pediatr Oncol 37:449-54. 2001..The aim of this study was to investigate the therapeutic effects of topotecan, a water-soluble camptothecin analog (topoisomerase-I-antagonist), in an in vivo model of three human ..
- Cytostatic and cytotoxic effects of topotecan decoded by a novel mathematical simulation approachMonica Lupi
Biophysics Unit, Laboratory of Anticancer Pharmacology, Department of Oncology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Cancer Res 64:2825-32. 2004b>Topotecan (TPT) is a topoisomerase I inhibitor, and like the other drugs of this family, it is believed to act in a specific way on cells in S phase at the time of treatment...
- Synergistic antitumor effect between vorinostat and topotecan in small cell lung cancer cells is mediated by generation of reactive oxygen species and DNA damage-induced apoptosisFrancesca Bruzzese
Experimental Pharmacology Unit, Department of Research, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Napoli, Italy
Mol Cancer Ther 8:3075-87. 2009The topoisomerase-I (topo-I) inhibitor topotecan, derivative of camptothecin, is the only registered drug for relapsed small cell lung cancer (SCLC)...
- Clinical relevance of human cancer xenografts as a tool for preclinical assessment: example of in-vivo evaluation of topotecan-based chemotherapy in a panel of human small-cell lung cancer xenograftsFariba Nemati
Department of Translational Research, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Anticancer Drugs 21:25-32. 2010..relevance of a panel of human SCLC xenografts established in our laboratory using one compromising drug in SCLC, topotecan (TPT)...
- The effect of PEG coating on in vitro cytotoxicity and in vivo disposition of topotecan loaded liposomes in ratsS Dadashzadeh
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Int J Pharm 353:251-9. 2008..In order to investigate the effect of PEG coating on in vitro and in vivo characteristics of topotecan loaded liposomes, an amphoteric anticancer drug, PEGylated and conventional liposomes were prepared by lipid ..
- A phase I study of concurrent weekly topotecan and cisplatin chemotherapy with whole pelvic radiation therapy in locally advanced cervical cancer: a gynecologic oncology group studyPeter G Rose
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 125:158-62. 2012To determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and acute dose-limiting toxicities (DLT) of intravenous topotecan administered with weekly cisplatin during pelvic radiation therapy in patients with locally advanced cervical cancer.
- Resistance to TRAIL-induced apoptosis in ovarian cancer cell lines is overcome by co-treatment with cytotoxic drugsSandra Tomek
Department of Medicine I, University Hospital Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Gynecol Oncol 94:107-14. 2004..TRAIL, tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand, is a recently identified cytokine that preferentially kills transformed cells while sparing most normal cells...
- Enhancement of the fraction of the active form of an antitumor drug topotecan via an injectable hydrogelGuangtao Chang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Engineering of Polymers, Ministry of Education, Department of Macromolecular Science, Laboratory of Advanced Materials, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Control Release 156:21-7. 2011..acid-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA-PEG-PLGA) hydrogels were tried as implants to encapsulate antitumor drug topotecan (TPT), a derivative of camptothecin (CPT)...
- Chloroquine enhances the cytotoxicity of topotecan by inhibiting autophagy in lung cancer cellsYao Wang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
Chin J Cancer 30:690-700. 2011..Here, we examined the relevant mechanisms by which the multipotent CQ enhanced the cytotoxicity of topotecan (TPT)...
- Mrp4 confers resistance to topotecan and protects the brain from chemotherapyMarkos Leggas
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:7612-21. 2004..Unexpectedly, these mice showed enhanced accumulation of the anticancer agent topotecan in brain tissue and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)...
- Randomized phase III trial of topotecan following carboplatin and paclitaxel in first-line treatment of advanced ovarian cancer: a gynecologic cancer intergroup trial of the AGO-OVAR and GINECOJacobus Pfisterer
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, Campus Kiel, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Michaelisstr 16, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1036-45. 2006..We performed a prospective randomized phase III study to examine whether sequential administration of topotecan can improve the efficacy of carboplatin and paclitaxel in first-line treatment of advanced epithelial ovarian ..
- Characterization of PEGylated nanoliposomes co-remotely loaded with topotecan and vincristine: relating structure and pharmacokinetics to therapeutic efficacyDaniel Zucker
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, IMRIC, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Control Release 160:281-9. 2012..We encapsulated the combination of vincristine (VCR) and topotecan (TPT) in the same nanoliposome (LipoViTo)...
- Antitumor effect of suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid and topotecan in renal cancer cellsAkinori Sato
Department of Urology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Oncol Res 19:217-23. 2011..Recently, the combination of SAHA and topoisomerase I inhibitor, topotecan, was shown to be effective, but this treatment strategy has not been tested in renal cancer cells...
- A novel method to load topotecan into liposomes driven by a transmembrane NH₄EDTA gradientYuehui Yang
Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 80:332-9. 2012..In this study, we intended to encapsulate topotecan within liposome adopting transmembrane NH(4)EDTA gradient in order to increase the antitumor activity and ..
- Development of topotecan loaded lipid nanoparticles for chemical stabilization and prolonged releaseL G Souza
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Brazil
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 79:189-96. 2011b>Topotecan is an important cytotoxic drug that has gained broad acceptance in clinical use for the treatment of refractory ovarian and small-cell lung cancer...
- Regression of recurrent malignant gliomas with convection-enhanced delivery of topotecanJeffrey N Bruce
Department of Neurological Surgery, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neurosurgery 69:1272-9; discussion 1279-80. 2011..This allows high local concentrations of drug while overcoming the limitations imposed by toxicity and the blood-brain barrier in systemic therapies that prevent the use of many potentially effective drugs...
- Topotecan Weekly Versus Conventional 5-Day Schedule in Patients With Platinum-Resistant Ovarian Cancer: a randomized multicenter phase II trial of the North-Eastern German Society of Gynecological Oncology Ovarian Cancer Study GroupJalid Sehouli
Department of Gynecology and Oncology, Charite University Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 29:242-8. 2011Weekly administration of topotecan (Tw) is less toxic and widely considered a better treatment option than conventional 5-day therapy (Tc) in women with platinum-resistant recurrent ovarian cancer...
- Pharmacology of topoisomerase I inhibitors irinotecan (CPT-11) and topotecanRon H J Mathijssen
Department of Medical Oncology, Rotterdam Cancer Institute Daniel den Hoed Kliniek and University Hospital Rotterdam, PO Box 5201, Rotterdam, 3008 AE, The Netherlands
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 2:103-23. 2002b>Topotecan and irinotecan (CPT-11) are both anticancer agents active in the inhibition of topoisomerase I, an enzyme involved in DNA replication and RNA transcription...
- Bone marrow and tumor cell colony-forming units and human tumor xenograft efficacy of noncamptothecin and camptothecin topoisomerase I inhibitorsLeslie S Kurtzberg
Genzyme Corporation, 49 New York Avenue, Framingham, MA 01701, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3212-22. 2008..One of these, ARC-111, was compared with two clinically used camptothecins, topotecan and irinotecan/SN-38...
- Topotecan versus observation after cisplatin plus etoposide in extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer: E7593--a phase III trial of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupJ H Schiller
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:2114-22. 2001To determine the efficacy of topotecan in combination with standard chemotherapy in previously untreated patients with extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer (SCLC), the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) conducted a phase III ..
- Vincristine, actinomycin, and cyclophosphamide compared with vincristine, actinomycin, and cyclophosphamide alternating with vincristine, topotecan, and cyclophosphamide for intermediate-risk rhabdomyosarcoma: children's oncology group study D9803Carola A S Arndt
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5182-8. 2009..rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) treated with standard VAC (vincristine, dactinomycin, and cyclophosphamide) chemotherapy to that of patients treated with VAC alternating with vincristine, topotecan, and cyclophosphamide (VAC/VTC).
- Weekly paclitaxel as a single agent or in combination with carboplatin or weekly topotecan in patients with resistant ovarian cancer: the CARTAXHY randomized phase II trial from Groupe d'Investigateurs Nationaux pour l'Etude des Cancers Ovariens (GINECO)A Lortholary
Oncology Department, Centre Catherine de Sienne, Nantes, France
Ann Oncol 23:346-52. 2012Platinum rechallenge or weekly topotecan in combination have not been evaluated in randomized trials for resistant recurrent ovarian cancer (ROC).
- The effect of low pH on breast cancer resistance protein (ABCG2)-mediated transport of methotrexate, 7-hydroxymethotrexate, methotrexate diglutamate, folic acid, mitoxantrone, topotecan, and resveratrol in in vitro drug transport modelsPauline Breedveld
Department of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Pharmacol 71:240-9. 2007..4, is efficiently transported by BCRP at pH 6.0, whereas we did not detect active transport at pH 7.4. We conclude that BCRP transports substrate drugs more efficiently at low pH, independent of the dissociation status of the substrate...
- Successful local regional therapy with topotecan of intraperitoneally growing human ovarian carcinoma xenograftsG Pratesi
Division of Experimental Oncology B, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Br J Cancer 71:525-8. 1995The therapeutic effects of intraperitoneal topotecan, a water-soluble camptothecin analogue, were investigated in two models of human ovarian carcinoma xenografted intraperitoneally into nude mice: the IGROV-1 tumour, which originated ..
- Bridging the gap between cytotoxic and biologic therapy with metronomic topotecan and pazopanib in ovarian cancerWilliam M Merritt
Departments of Gynecologic Oncology and Cancer Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 1362, PO Box 301439, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:985-95. 2010..aimed to investigate the antitumor and antiangiogenic effects utilizing a novel therapy regimen of metronomic topotecan and pazopanib, a multireceptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor...
- Phase II randomized comparison of topotecan plus cyclophosphamide versus topotecan alone in children with recurrent or refractory neuroblastoma: a Children's Oncology Group studyWendy B London
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3808-15. 2010Single-agent topotecan (TOPO) and combination topotecan and cyclophosphamide (TOPO/CTX) were compared in a phase II randomized trial in relapsed/refractory neuroblastoma...
- Repeated injections of PEGylated liposomal topotecan induces accelerated blood clearance phenomenon in ratsYanling Ma
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 45:539-45. 2012..Nevertheless, in the present study, we report that a first injection of the PEGylated liposomal topotecan (a cell cycle-specific drug for the S phase) still produced a strong ABC phenomenon...
- Topotecan in patients with advanced neuroendocrine tumors: a phase II study with significant hematologic toxicityStephen M Ansell
Divisions of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 27:232-5. 2004..We therefore conducted a phase II study of topotecan (TOPA) 1.5 mg/m2/d for 5 days every 3 weeks in 22 patients with advanced carcinoid and islet cell tumors...
- Cetuximab, topotecan and cisplatin for the treatment of advanced cervical cancer: A phase II GINECO trialJ E Kurtz
Hopital Civil, Strasbourg, France
Gynecol Oncol 113:16-20. 2009Cisplatin (Cp) plus topotecan (Tc) is the first combination chemotherapy to demonstrate a survival advantage over cisplatin alone in advanced cervical cancer...
- Sensitivity and acquired resistance of BRCA1;p53-deficient mouse mammary tumors to the topoisomerase I inhibitor topotecanSerge A L Zander
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 70:1700-10. 2010..a genetically engineered mouse model for BRCA1-associated breast cancer, using the topoisomerase I (Top1) poison topotecan as monotherapy and in combination with poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibition by olaparib...
- Review role of topotecan in gynaecological cancers: current indications and perspectivesDomenica Lorusso
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Agostino Gemelli 8, IT 00168 Rome, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 74:163-74. 2010..The aim of this article is to review the role of topotecan (Hycamtin), a semi-synthetic alkaloid derivative of camptothecin, in ovarian and cervical cancer in monotherapy ..
- Topotecan, cyclophosphamide, and etoposide (TCE) in the treatment of high-risk neuroblastoma. Results of a phase-II trialThorsten Simon
Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, 50924 Cologne, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:653-61. 2007Relapsed high-risk neuroblastoma patients still have a poor prognosis. This phase-II trial assessed a new topotecan containing chemotherapy approach in patients with active disease.
- Potent preclinical impact of metronomic low-dose oral topotecan combined with the antiangiogenic drug pazopanib for the treatment of ovarian cancerKae Hashimoto
Toronto, ON M4N 3M5, Canada
Mol Cancer Ther 9:996-1006. 2010..We therefore tested an oral topoisomerase-1 inhibitor, oral topotecan, at optimal biological dose of 1 mg/kg/d...
- Dual-targeting topotecan liposomes modified with tamoxifen and wheat germ agglutinin significantly improve drug transport across the blood-brain barrier and survival of brain tumor-bearing animalsJu Du
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Mol Pharm 6:905-17. 2009..b>Topotecan was then loaded into the above liposomes...
- Breast cancer resistance protein is localized at the plasma membrane in mitoxantrone- and topotecan-resistant cell linesG L Scheffer
Department of Pathology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 60:2589-93. 2000..BCRP was detected in BCRP-transfected cells and in several mitoxantrone- and topotecan-selected tumor cell sublines...
- Expression of Bcl-xL in ovarian carcinoma is associated with chemoresistance and recurrent diseaseJennifer Williams
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Gynecol Oncol 96:287-95. 2005....
- Phase II study of topotecan plus cranial radiation for glioblastoma multiforme: results of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 9513Barbara Fisher
Department of Radiation Oncology, London Regional Cancer Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 53:980-6. 2002..Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) to compare the survival of patients with glioblastoma multiforme treated with topotecan combined with standard cranial radiotherapy (RT) for matched patients treated in prior RTOG studies...
- Optimization of vincristine-topotecan combination--paving the way for improved chemotherapy regimens by nanoliposomesDaniel Zucker
Department of Biochemistry, IMRIC, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
J Control Release 146:326-33. 2010..The combination of topotecan (TPT) and vincristine (VCR) was selected...
- Pilot induction regimen incorporating pharmacokinetically guided topotecan for treatment of newly diagnosed high-risk neuroblastoma: a Children's Oncology Group studyJulie R Park
Seattle Children s Hospital, 4800 Sandpoint Way NE, Mailstop B6553, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:4351-7. 2011To assess the feasibility of adding dose-intensive topotecan and cyclophosphamide to induction therapy for newly diagnosed high-risk neuroblastoma (HRNB).
- The role of topotecan in the treatment of brain metastasesEric T Wong
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Oncologist 9:68-79. 2004..b>Topotecan, a novel topoisomerase I inhibitor, freely crosses the blood-brain barrier and may be clinically effective in ..
- A phase I, randomized, open-label, parallel-cohort, dose-finding study of elacridar (GF120918) and oral topotecan in cancer patientsIsa E L M Kuppens
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medical Oncology, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 13:3276-85. 2007Breast cancer resistance protein (ABCG2) substantially limits the oral bioavailability of topotecan. Coadministration with elacridar, an inhibitor of breast cancer resistance protein-mediated drug transport, increases the bioavailability ..
- BCRP/MXR/ABCP expression in topotecan-resistant human breast carcinoma cellsC H Yang
Department of Oncology, National Taiwan University Hospital and the Graduate Institute of Medicine, Medical College, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Biochem Pharmacol 60:831-7. 2000We have previously described a mitoxantrone-resistant MCF7 cell line that is cross-resistant to topotecan, 7-ethyl-10-[4-(1-piperidino)-1-piperidino]carbonyloxy-camptothecin (CPT-11), and 9-aminocamptothecin, but not to camptothecin...
- The mouse Bcrp1/Mxr/Abcp gene: amplification and overexpression in cell lines selected for resistance to topotecan, mitoxantrone, or doxorubicinJ D Allen
Division of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Cancer Res 59:4237-41. 1999Mouse fibroblast cell lines lacking functional Mdr1a, Mdr1b, and Mrp1 genes were selected for resistance to topotecan, mitoxantrone, or doxorubicin...
- Prospective trial on topotecan salvage therapy in primary CNS lymphomaL Fischer
Department of Haematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Germany
Ann Oncol 17:1141-5. 2006Standard salvage therapy has not been established for recurrent primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL). We report the final results of a prospective study on topotecan chemotherapy in relapsed or refractory PCNSL.
- Assessment of histone H2AX phosphorylation induced by DNA topoisomerase I and II inhibitors topotecan and mitoxantrone and by the DNA cross-linking agent cisplatinXuan Huang
Brander Cancer Research Institute, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10532, USA
Cytometry A 58:99-110. 2004..The purpose of this study was to further characterize the drug-induced (DI) IF of gammaH2AX, and in particular to distinguish it from AA gammaH2AX IF triggered by DNA breaks that occur in the course of AA DNA fragmentation...
- Randomized phase II trial of single-agent amrubicin or topotecan as second-line treatment in patients with small-cell lung cancer sensitive to first-line platinum-based chemotherapyRobert Jotte
Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers, 10103 Ridgegate Pkwy G 01, Lone Tree, CO 80124, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:287-93. 2011This phase II study evaluated the safety and efficacy of single-agent amrubicin versus topotecan in patients with small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) sensitive to first-line platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Long-term follow-up results of the combination of topotecan and cytarabine and other intensive chemotherapy regimens in myelodysplastic syndromeHagop Kantarjian
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230, USA
Cancer 106:1099-109. 2006..Patients with MDS are often older and may have contraindications to anthracycline-based regimens. Topotecan-cytarabine regimens have shown encouraging results in higher-risk MDS...
- Extending the platinum-free interval in recurrent ovarian cancer: the role of topotecan in second-line chemotherapyM A Bookman
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Oncologist 4:87-94. 1999..b>Topotecan is the most extensively studied agent currently available for management of recurrent ovarian cancer and has ..
- Topotecan is a substrate for multidrug resistance associated protein 4Quan Tian
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
Curr Drug Metab 7:105-18. 2006b>Topotecan (TPT) is a semisynthetic water-soluble derivative of camptothecin (CPT) used as second-line therapy in patients with metastatic ovarian carcinoma, small cell lung cancer, and other malignancies...
- Prolonged intracerebral convection-enhanced delivery of topotecan with a subcutaneously implantable infusion pumpAdam M Sonabend
Department of Neurological Surgery, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:886-93. 2011..To evaluate the feasibility of prolonged topotecan administration by CED in a large animal brain with the use of a subcutaneous implantable pump...
- Three-drug intra-arterial chemotherapy using simultaneous carboplatin, topotecan and melphalan for intraocular retinoblastoma: preliminary resultsBrian P Marr
Ophthalmic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 96:1300-3. 2012To report outcomes with selective intra-arterial chemotherapy (SIAC) using simultaneous carboplatin, topotecan, and melphalan for advanced intraocular retinoblastoma.
- Safety and tolerability of the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor, olaparib (AZD2281) in combination with topotecan for the treatment of patients with advanced solid tumors: a phase I studyJens Samol
St George s Hospital, Blackshaw Rd, London, UK
Invest New Drugs 30:1493-500. 2012The aim of this phase I study was to determine the safety and tolerability and to establish the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of orally administered olaparib (AZD2281) in combination with topotecan in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- Convection-enhanced delivery of topotecan into diffuse intrinsic brainstem tumors in childrenRichard C E Anderson
Departments of Neurosurgery, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 11:289-95. 2013..In this report the authors describe CED of the topoisomerase inhibitor topotecan for the treatment of DIPG in 2 children...
- Characterisation of a human small-cell lung cancer cell line resistant to the DNA topoisomerase I-directed drug topotecanM Sorensen
Department of Pathology, Sundby Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Cancer 72:399-404. 1995Camptothecins are DNA topoisomerase I-directed anti-tumour drugs with a novel mechanism of action. Topotecan (TPT), a hydrophilic derivative of camptothecin, is currently undergoing phase II clinical trials in small-cell lung cancer (..
- Population pharmacokinetic and adverse event analysis of topotecan in patients with solid tumorsDiane R Mould
Projections Research Inc, 535 Springview Lane, Phoenixville, PA 19460, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 71:334-48. 2002Our objective was to describe the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of topotecan in patients.
- Clinical use of topoisomerase I inhibitors in anticancer treatmentC Rodriguez-Galindo
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 35:385-402. 2000The camptothecin analogs topotecan and irinotecan have shown to be among the most effective anticancer agents and, as S-phase specific agents, their antitumor effect is maximized when they are administered in protracted schedules...
- Ex vivo stimulation of renal transport of the cytostatic drugs methotrexate, cisplatin, topotecan (Hycamtin) and raltitrexed (Tomudex) by dexamethasone, T3 and EGF in intact human and rat kidney tissue and in human renal cell carcinomaC Fleck
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Jena, 07740 Jena, Germany
Urol Res 30:256-62. 2002..or not accumulation of the anticancer drugs methotrexate (MTX), cisplatin (CP), raltitrexed (Tomudex) and topotecan (Hycamtin) can be increased in intact, healthy rat and human renal cortical slices and in human renal cell ..
- Metronomic oral topotecan with pazopanib is an active antiangiogenic regimen in mouse models of aggressive pediatric solid tumorSushil Kumar
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 17:5656-67. 2011..We have tested the efficacies of daily oral LDM topotecan alone and in combination with pazopanib, a VEGF receptor inhibitor, in three pediatric extracranial solid tumor ..
- Topotecan in patients with BRCA-associated and sporadic platinum-resistant ovarian, fallopian tube, and primary peritoneal cancersDavid M Hyman
Gynecologic Medical Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Gynecol Oncol 123:196-9. 2011To evaluate the efficacy of topoisomerase I inhibitor, topotecan, in patients with recurrent BRCA+ versus BRCA- ovarian, fallopian tube, and primary peritoneal carcinomas.
- Topotecan and ifosfamide systemic chemotherapy for CNS involvement of solid tumorsPhilipp Kiewe
Department of Hematology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Neurooncol 103:629-34. 2011..Here, we report on the efficacy and toxicity of topotecan/ifosfamide (TOPO/IFO) combination chemotherapy in patients treated for CNS involvement of different solid ..
- Topotecan combined with carboplatin in recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer: results of a single-institutional phase II studyHeeseok Kang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical Foundation Baek Song, Good Morning Hospital, Kyungki do, Republic of Korea
Gynecol Oncol 114:210-4. 2009The aim of this trial was to investigate the efficacy and toxicity of a relative high-dose of topotecan combined with carboplatin in recurrent or persistent epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC).
- [131I]MIBG and topotecan: a rationale for combination therapy for neuroblastomaAnthony G McCluskey
Targeted Therapy Group and Department of Child Health, Cancer Research UK Beatson Laboratories, University of Glasgow, Garscube Estate, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Cancer Lett 228:221-7. 2005..However, long-term cure remains elusive, and the topoisomerase I inhibitor topotecan may improve upon existing [131I]MIBG therapy...
- Episcleral implants for topotecan delivery to the posterior segment of the eyeAngel M Carcaboso
Department of Pharmacology, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:2126-34. 2010Purpose. Intravenous or periocular topotecan has been proposed as new treatment modality for patients with advanced intraocular retinoblastoma, but systemic topotecan lactone exposure induced by both approaches may cause toxicity...
- Phase 2 trial of prolonged administration of oral topotecan in platinum/taxane-refractory ovarian, fallopian tube, and primary peritoneal cancersMaurie Markman
Department of Hematology Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:109-13. 2004..and clinical data have demonstrated the importance of schedule in optimizing the cytotoxic potential of topotecan, one of the most active agents in ovarian cancer...
- Reversal of MDR1-associated resistance to topotecan by PAK-200S, a new dihydropyridine analogue, in human cancer cell linesU Vanhoefer
Department of Internal Medicine Cancer Research, West German Cancer Center, University of Essen Medical School, Germany
Br J Cancer 81:1304-10. 1999..of the membrane P170-glycoprotein (P-gp) may confer resistance to the topoisomerase-I-interactive agent topotecan. The present study describes the cellular effects of a new dihydropyridine analogue, PAK-200S, on P-gp-mediated ..
- Topotecan central nervous system penetration is altered by a tyrosine kinase inhibitorYanli Zhuang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer Res 66:11305-13. 2006A potential strategy to increase the efficacy of topotecan to treat central nervous system (CNS) malignancies is modulation of the activity of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters at the blood-brain and blood-cerebrospinal fluid ..
- Plasma and cerebrospinal fluid pharmacokinetics of topotecan in a phase I trial of topotecan, tamoxifen, and carboplatin, in the treatment of recurrent or refractory brain or spinal cord tumorsRobert J Morgan
Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA, 91010, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:927-33. 2010..toxicities (DLT) and maximally tolerated doses of the combination of fixed-dose tamoxifen and carboplatin, with escalating doses of topotecan, and to determine the pharmacokinetics of topotecan in the plasma and cerebrospinal fluid.
- Phase II study of topotecan and cyclophosphamide in patients with relapsed and refractory multiple myelomaEric H Kraut
Leuk Res 29:1233-4. 2005
- Sorafenib in combination with weekly topotecan in recurrent ovarian cancer, a phase I/II study of the Hoosier Oncology GroupR Ramasubbaiah
Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Gynecol Oncol 123:499-504. 2011This trial determined the efficacy and tolerability of sorafenib and weekly topotecan in patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer (OC) or primary peritoneal carcinomatosis (PPC).
- Synergistic cytotoxicity of pyrazoloacridine with doxorubicin, etoposide, and topotecan in drug-resistant tumor cellsYanPing Hu
Department of Advanced Therapeutics, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 601 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L3
Clin Cancer Res 10:1160-9. 2004..In the present study, the cytotoxic effects of PZA combined with doxorubicin, topotecan, and etoposide were determined using paired parental and doxorubicin-resistant human colon carcinoma (SW-620 and ..
- Periocular topotecan for intraocular retinoblastomaAshwin C Mallipatna
Departments of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Hospital for Sick Children, Ontario, Canada
Arch Ophthalmol 129:738-45. 2011To review the effectiveness and toxicity of periocular topotecan hydrochloride in fibrin sealant (Tisseel) for the control of intraocular retinoblastoma.
- Combination of cytarabine and topotecan in patients treated for acute myeloid leukemia with persistent disease after frontline inductionThomas Prebet
Department of Hematology, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Leuk Lymphoma 53:2186-91. 2012..We hypothesized that use of a topotecan and cytarabine combination in this setting might improve tolerance and efficacy...
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF ANTITUMOR DRUGSLeroy F Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Camptothecins (CPTs) (e.g. irinotecan and topotecan), the prototypic Top1-targeting drugs, have been developed into the clinic...
- Synthesis, Biosynthesis, and Structure of Antitumor AgentsThomas R Hoye; Fiscal Year: 2013..from daunomycin), etoposide/teniposide (from podophyllotoxin), irinotecan/topotecan (from camptothecin), mitomycin, mylotarg (from calicheamicin), streptozotocin, taxol (and docetaxel), ..
- The 50th Annual Meeting of the American Society of PharmacognosyBill J Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..natural products which are in use in the clinic or which are investigational drugs are taxol, etoposide, topotecan/irinotecan, the halichondrin analog E7389, dolastatin derivatives, the anthracyclines and the epothilones, to ..
- Mayo Clinic SPORE in Ovarian CancerScott H Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies the effect of the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor ABT-888 alone and In combination with topotecan. In addition to elucidating how ABT-888 converts PARP Into an enzyme that actively contributes to the demise of ..
- Mechanism of Drug Transport by BCRP/ABCG2Qingcheng Mao; Fiscal Year: 2010..of BCRP in cancer cells is associated with resistance to multiple anticancer drugs, including mitoxantrone, topotecan, and flavopiridol...
- Pharmacogenetics in children with high-risk neuroblastomaJeannine S McCune; Fiscal Year: 2013..transporters involved in the production and elimination of 4HCY are associated with response to a dose-intense topotecan/cyclophosphamide (topoCY) induction regimen in children with newly diagnosed high-risk neuroblastoma...
- IGF1R gene 3'UTR variants in high-risk pediatric neuroblastomaAndrei Thomas-Tikhonenko; Fiscal Year: 2013..and contrast responses of rs3833015 and rs374251 tumors to conventional therapeutics (cyclophosphamide and topotecan) and IGF1R inhibitors...
- Regulation of Supercoil Unwinding by Topoisomerase 1BBREEANA GROGAN ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Human Topo-DNA covalent complex forms the sole target for the widely used anticancer drugs irinotecan and topotecan, which disrupt supercoil unwinding...
- Anticancer Drug Pharmacology in Very Young ChildrenClinton F Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..PK), pharmacogenetic, and pharmacodynamic (PD) studies of methotrexate (MTX), cyclophosphamide (CTX), and topotecan (TPT) as part of a clinical protocol that treats infants and young children with malignant brain tumors...
- Episcleral Chemotherapy as Salvage Therapy for Eyes with RetinoblastomaRICARDO A CARVALHO; Fiscal Year: 2010..funds requested will support Phase I and Phase II clinical trials of episcleral formulations of carboplatin and topotecan in eyes of children with advanced intraocular retinoblastoma (all IND enabling studies and clinical supplies are ..
- Targeting of Bladder Tumor Cells by Nanocarriers Bearing bacillus Calmette-GuerinClaudio Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, we will test the hypothesis that multivalency and membrane fusogenic properties of topotecan-loaded FAP-nanocarriers control their uptake and cytotoxicity, respectively...
- Optimization of dipeptide-linked benzimidazole topoisomerase 1 poisonsCraig Beeson; Fiscal Year: 2009..class of poisons and should generally exhibit reduced toxicity compared to the CPT- class of agents such as topotecan. Structural insights from Top1-DNA crystal structures were used to design a small library of N-acetyl dipeptides ..
- Anti-Cancer Drug Design Targeting Human Topoisomerase ILance Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2002..0 angstrom structural information of Topotecan bound to the human topo I-DNA covalent complex...
- DRUG SEQUENCING RESISTANCE IN MULTIPLE MYELOMADaniel Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 1999..1. To establish the toxicity and potential efficacy of a high-dose regimen sequenced as melphalan followed by topotecan followed by VP-16 phosphate (MTV) followed by peripheral blood stem cell rescue in the treatment of multiple ..
- Aerosol Delivery of Lung Cancer DrugsBrian Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2002..Many of the agents that exhibit inhibitory activity towards cancer cell growth are lipophilic, including topotecan, taxol, taxotere, and etoposide...
- A novel diagnostic test for Irinotecan and Topotecan sensitivityRuth A Gjerset; Fiscal Year: 2013..to a widely used class of chemotherapeutic agents derived from camptothecin that includes Irinotecan and Topotecan. The assay will be based on a novel biomarker associated with cellular sensitivity to camptothecin and will have ..
- EGRF Targeting of Therapeutic Liposomes for Treating GliobastomaCHARLES DAVID JAMES; Fiscal Year: 2010The studies we are proposing will compare epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) targeted liposome- formulated topotecan (EGFR-LFT) vs...
- Benzo[i]phenanthridines: TOP1-Targeting Antitumor AgentsEDMOND LAVOIE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Despite these shortcomings, there are two derivatives of CPT (Irinotecan, and Topotecan) in clinical use...
- NEW MECHANISMS OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE IN CANCER CELLSErasmus Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2001..selected for mitoxantrone resistance, exhibits unusual cross-resistance to several camptothecin analogs such as topotecan and irinotecan...
- MECHANISM BASED PHASE I TRIAL OF TOPOTECAN IN LEUKEMIABrenda Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2000Description: (Applicant's Abstract) Topotecan, a novel chemotherapeutic agent that targets the DNA metabolizing enzyme topoisomerase I has shown activity in patients with relapsed, refractory leukemia, and myelodysplastic syndromes...
- Novel Therapies for High-Risk NeuroblastomaJulie Park; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Topotecan has shown promising anti-leuroblasotma activity and has synergistic activity with standard agents used in the ..
- Improved Use of Camptothecins for Small Cell Lung CancerJohn Murren; Fiscal Year: 2004..showed that down-regulation of topo I occurs in peripheral mononuclear cells in vivo following treatment with topotecan. As a result, the first aim of this proposal will be to perform a phase I and pharmacokinetic study to establish ..
- NF-KB MEDIATED DRUG RESISTANCE IN OVARIAN CANCERDavid Spriggs; Fiscal Year: 2004..The effect of NF-kappaB activation on resistance to the cytotoxicity of CDDP paclitaxel, melphalan, doxorubicin, topotecan and other agents will be examined...
- Topoisomerase Targeting and Resistance in LeukemiaEric Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2003..The recent development of topotecan as a topoisomerase I-targeting drug that is active in the therapy of leukemia allows investigation of rationally ..
- CHRONIC CONVECTION ENHANCED DELIVERY (CED) OF TOPOTECAN FOR GLIOBLASTOMAJeffrey N Bruce; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown in a Phase 1 clinical trial that a topoisomerase inhibitor, topotecan, can be safely and effectively delivered by convection enhanced delivery into patients with recurrent malignant ..
- Role of HSulf-1 Loss in Apoptosis and Drug ResistanceViji Shridhar; Fiscal Year: 2007..results in resistance to other agents commonly used to treat ovarian cancer, including paclitaxel, topotecan, gemcitabine and doxorubicin, in vitro and in vivo and 4) evaluate the relationship between HSulf-1 expression ..
- PHASE II TRIALS OF TOPO I INHIBITORSNathan Berger; Fiscal Year: 2000..Topoisomerase I inhibitors to be studied in these protocols will include topotecan, CPT-11 and 9-aminocamptothecin...
- TRIALS OF CLADRIBINE PLUS OTHER AGENTS FOR PEDIATRIC AMLClinton Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2000..in the therapy of previously untreated patients, and the other a Phase I study of the combination of 2-CDA with topotecan. The primary objectives of the former study are: 1) to evaluate the activity and toxicity of the combination of ..
- Aerosol Therapy for Lung CancerBrian Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2007..New formulations of anticancer drugs (topotecan, paclitaxel, taxotere, etoposide and vitamine E succinate) were developed for the new system...
- TOPOTECAN BY INTRACEREBRAL CLYSIS FOR BRAIN TUMORSJeffrey Bruce; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our preliminary data has shown that glioma cells are sensitive to topoisomerase I inhibitors including topotecan at levels that can be achieved in vivo with ICC...
- Potent Topoisomerase I Inhibition For Glioma TherapyThomas Burke; Fiscal Year: 2001..analog that displays superior blood stability relative to the FDA-approved camptothecin congeners, topotecan and CPT- 11. DB-67 also exhibits a high degree of anti-cancer potency both in vitro and in vivo...
- ABC Transporters in CNS Penetration of CamptothecinsChristopher Waters; Fiscal Year: 2007..Camptothecin analogs such as topotecan and irinotecan are used to treat children with primary CNS tumors, but the CNS distribution of these drugs is ..
- DNA Minor Groove-Targeting Anticancer AgentsDANIEL PILCH; Fiscal Year: 2006..potent TOP1 poisoning activities and cytotoxicities exceeding that of the clinical camptothecin derivative, topotecan. However, the specific molecular interactions that govern the TOP1 poisoning and cytotoxic activities of the TBs ..
- NOVEL A RING AND E RING MODIFIED CAMPTOTHECIN ANALOGSDaniel Von Hoff; Fiscal Year: 2001..In 1996, two campothecin (CPT) analogs received regulatory approval for use in patients with solid malignancies: topotecan for previous treated patients with advanced ovarian cancer, and CPT-11 (Irinotecan) for patients with advanced ..
- SYNTHESIS OF INDOLOCARBAZOLES AS TOPOISOMERASE I POISONSDavid Zembower; Fiscal Year: 2000..Such as agent could be used alone or in combination with existing antitumor agents, especially in patients who develop resistance to existing medications. ..
- OPTIMIZED CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY VIA PHARMACODYNAMIC MODELSJames Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2000..e. MYLS) data including patient covariates to evaluate PD models for topotecan's (TPT's) MYLS, both as a single agent and in combination...
- MECHANISMS OF ACTION AND RESISTANCE TO ICRF187Jack Yalowich; Fiscal Year: 2000..inhibition of topo II will upregulate DNA topoisomerase I levels and sensitize cells to inhibitors such as topotecan. Results obtained will establish more precisely the mechanism of action of drugs that inhibit topo II without ..
- DETACHMENT SENSITIZES CELLS TO TOPOISOMERASE INHIBITORSCecilia Whitacre; Fiscal Year: 2001..This hypothesis is based on previous observations that show sensitization of cells to topotecan by interference with cell adhesion in vitro...
- IN VITRO CORRELATES OF DRUG SENSITIVITY IN LUNG CANCERBonnie Glisson; Fiscal Year: 1993..We will focus on topotecan, the first topoisomerase I-targeted drug to be tested extensively in the clinic in the U.S...
- Changes in Tumor DNA Methylation with DecitabineDavid Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2006..This preliminary look at individual genes may provide a molecular rationale for future decitabine therapeutic studies in specific relevant tumor types. ..
- Pharmacodynamics of Gemcitabine by MRS in Pancreatic CAHoward Hochster; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DENDRITIC CELL THERAPY OF CHRONIC MYELOGENOUS LEUKEMIAMark Litzow; Fiscal Year: 2003..The combined data will provide a comprehensive understanding of the interaction of the immune system and CML and will yield information required for the rational design of more effective clinical protocols in the future. ..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR RESEARCH CENTERSusan Blaney; Fiscal Year: 2003..It offers leadership in the development of new agents, in new uses of sophisticated radiotherapy, and in the application of new approaches to brain tumor therapy. ..
- Mentored Research in Ovarian CancerMichael Seiden; Fiscal Year: 2006..The P.l.'s dual role as a clinical research director and laboratory P.I. provides fertile opportunity for translation between the clinic and the laboratory. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CHILDRENS CANCER GROUPPeter Steinherz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Members of the affiliate hospitals have been participating in CCG studies and have proven their ability to conduct the clinical studies and provide material for laboratory evaluation. ..
- INTERACTIONS OF P GLYCOPROTEIN WITH CYTOCHROME P4503AErin Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Ribosome-based Single Molecule Method to Acquire Sequence Data from GenomesWlodek Mandecki; Fiscal Year: 2010..The method can be used for nucleic acid diagnostics in vitro and in drug discovery. ..
- Biomarker modulation/COX-2 inhibitor/Breast CancerBanu Arun; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, the development of non-hormonal chemoprevention agents, and identification of surrogate markers will allow us to plan large-scale, phase III chemoprevention studies with the endpoint of cancer incidence. ..
- TOPOISOMERASE I INHIBITORS IN LEUKEMIA AND SOLID TUMORSScott H Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Two topoisomerase I (topo I) poisons, topotecan (TPT) and irinotecan (CPT-11), are approved for use in the U.S.;and additional topo I poisons are currently undergoing clinical testing...
- ATR in Human Cancer and Anticancer TherapyWilliam Cliby; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using xenograft models we will develop a gene therapy model of ATR disruption to test the safety and efficacy of targeting ATR for anticancer therapy. ..
- Cell-based Assay on MicrotranspondersWlodek Mandecki; Fiscal Year: 2004..The benefits of the program involve the advancement of cell-based assay technology, acceleration of drug discovery programs in research laboratories and pharmaceutical industry, and cost savings. ..
- Ovarian Cancer: Strategies for consolidationPaul Sabbatini; Fiscal Year: 2006..Promising strategies will be moved to patients in primary remission (Specific Aim 1) with a current median time to treatment failure of 18-21 months...
- HEPATIC DRUG ELIMINATION IN PREGNANCYMary Vore; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pregnane X Receptor: Regulation and PharmacogenomicsErin Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2007..In total this proposal describes a comprehensive set of experiments to determine how PXR is regulated. ..
- Antifolate Resistance in OsteosarcomaRichard Gorlick; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Ubc9 as a novel target for cancer therapyYin Yuan Mo; Fiscal Year: 2006..As a result, we will be able to develop valuable Ubc9-based anticancer agents [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Phase 2 Trial of Dasatinib in Patients with NSCLC and Acquired Resistance to ErVincent Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is a clinical trial to determine whether dasatinib is an effective treatment for patients with NSCLC and acquired resistance to erlotinib or gefitinib. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modulating P-glycoprotein to Enhance Neurodegenerative Drug Penetration of BrainCHRISTINE HRYCYNA; Fiscal Year: 2008..Completion of these studies has the potential to improve treatment of epilepsy and Alzheimer's disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Determinants of Acquired Erlotinib ResistanceVincent Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Proteases in Therapy-Induced ApoptosisScott H Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, these studies are designed to improve current understanding of the biology of death ligand-induced apoptosis and provide new information that should be helpful in designing more effective cancer treatments. ..
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- Tumor metastasis: Biobehavioral mechanismsAnil K Sood; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Hospice Pain Control: Developing an Opioid Order SheetBarbara Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once the modifications lave been made, we will conduct a pilot study to assess feasibility, utility and efficacy of the order sheet in the outpatient hospice setting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..