Genomes and Genes
Summary: A dopamine D2/D3 receptor agonist.
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- Protective effect of dopamine D2 agonists in cortical neurons via the phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase cascadeTakeshi Kihara
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Neurosci Res 70:274-82. 2002..Another dopamine D2 agonist, quinpirole, also protected cells against glutamate toxicity...
- Dopamine supersensitivity correlates with D2High states, implying many paths to psychosisPhilip Seeman
Pharmacology Department, Medical Science Building, Room 4344, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 1A8
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:3513-8. 2005..If many types of brain impairment cause dopamine behavioral supersensitivity and a common increase in D2High states, it suggests that there are many pathways to psychosis, any one of which can be disrupted...
- Effects of the serotonergic agonist mCPP on male rats in the quinpirole sensitization model of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)Mark C Tucci
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8N 3Z5, Canada
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 227:277-85. 2013..The serotonergic agonist, meta-chlorophenylpiperazine (mCPP), produces inconsistent effects on obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) symptoms, perhaps because clinical studies have not utilized a homogenous OCD subgroup of patients...
- Dopaminergic mechanisms mediating the incentive to seek cocaine and heroin following long-term withdrawal of IV drug self-administrationT J de Vries
Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Free University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 143:254-60. 1999..The neurobiological mechanisms underlying the persistence of drug craving in detoxified addicts are still poorly understood...
- Dopamine receptor-mediated regulation of neuronal "clock" gene expressionM Imbesi
The Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 West Taylor Street, M C 912, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neuroscience 158:537-44. 2009..e. D2/D3) receptor agonist quinpirole. We also found a generalized stimulatory effect on the expression of clock genes mPer1, mClock, mNPAS2 (neuronal ..
- Dopamine D2 long receptor-deficient mice display alterations in striatum-dependent functionsY Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6084, USA
J Neurosci 20:8305-14. 2000..g., haloperidol). Quinpirole induced a similar initial suppression of locomotor activity in both D2L-/- and wild-type mice...
- Dopamine D2 receptor stimulation of mitogen-activated protein kinases mediated by cell type-dependent transactivation of receptor tyrosine kinasesChunhe Wang
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, 97239, USA
J Neurochem 93:899-909. 2005..PDGF) receptor, as demonstrated by the effect of the PDGF receptor inhibitors tyrphostin A9 and AG 370 on quinpirole-induced phosphorylation of ERKs and by quinpirole-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of the PDGF receptor...
- Quinpirole induces compulsive checking behavior in rats: a potential animal model of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)H Szechtman
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Behav Neurosci 112:1475-85. 1998Rats treated chronically with the dopamine agonist quinpirole (0.5 mg/kg, twice weekly x 10) met 5 criteria for performance of compulsive checking...
- Compulsive-like effects of repeated administration of quinpirole on drinking behavior in ratsDavide Amato
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology Vittorio Erspamer, University of Rome La Sapienza, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, I 00185 Rome, Italy
Behav Brain Res 172:1-13. 2006We have previously reported that repeated administrations of quinpirole, a D2/D3 dopamine receptor agonist, facilitate instrumental behavior in rats given the choice between operant and free access to water (contrafreeloading: CFL)...
- Dopaminergic regulation of immune cells via D3 dopamine receptor: a pathway mediated by activated T cellsTal Ilani
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
FASEB J 18:1600-2. 2004..The existence of such a pathway by which the brain can regulate immune cells opens a conceptually new direction in neuro-immune interactions...
- Dopamine D2 agonists, bromocriptine and quinpirole, increase MPP+ -induced toxicity in PC12 cellsKeith Chiasson
Department of Biochemistry and Groupe de Recherche en Neurosciences, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada
Neurotox Res 10:31-42. 2006..assays, western blots and reverse transcriptase-PCR, we demonstrated that two D2 agonists, bromocriptine and quinpirole, consistently increased MPP+ -induced cytotoxicity in both differentiated and undifferentiated PC12 cells, ..
- Differential effects of clorgyline on sensitization to quinpirole in rats tested in small and large environmentsAnna Dvorkin
Department of Zoology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 186:534-43. 2006Cotreatment with clorgyline shifts the development of sensitization to the D2/D3 dopamine receptor agonist quinpirole from locomotion to mouthing, an effect apparently unrelated to the monoamine oxidase inhibition property of clorgyline...
- Dopaminergic control of food choice: contrasting effects of SKF 38393 and quinpirole on high-palatability food preference in the ratS J Cooper
School of Psychology, University of Liverpool, Eleanor Rathbone Building, Bedford Street South, Liverpool, Merseyside L69 7ZA, UK
Neuropharmacology 50:953-63. 2006..of the selective dopamine D1 receptor agonist, SKF 38393, and of the selective dopamine D2/D3 receptor agonist, quinpirole, on the feeding performance of food-deprived rats in a model of food-preference behaviour...
- Development and temporal organization of compulsive checking induced by repeated injections of the dopamine agonist quinpirole in an animal model of obsessive-compulsive disorderAnna Dvorkin
Department of Zoology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Behav Brain Res 169:303-11. 2006Rats treated chronically with the dopamine D2/D3 receptor agonist quinpirole develop locomotor sensitization and exhibit compulsive checking of specific places in an open-field arena, a behavioral profile that may represent an animal ..
- Diurnal rhythms in quinpirole-induced locomotor behaviors and striatal D2/D3 receptor levels in miceMustafa Akhisaroglu
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 West Taylor Street, M C 912, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 80:371-7. 2005Dopaminergic drugs, including the D2/D3 agonist quinpirole, produce lasting changes in the brain that lead to altered behavioral responses...
- Dopamine receptor activation in bovine pinealocyte via a cAMP-dependent transcription pathwayChorthip Santanavanich
Neuro Behavioural Biology Center, Institute of Science and Technology for Research and Development, Mahidol University, Salaya, Nakornpathom, Thailand
J Pineal Res 38:170-5. 2005..In contrast quinpirole, a selective D2-agonist, inhibited forskolin-stimulated intracellular level of cAMP while its effect was blocked ..
- Quinpirole and 8-OH-DPAT induce compulsive checking behavior in male rats by acting on different functional parts of an OCD neurocircuitAhmad H Alkhatib
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Behav Pharmacol 24:65-73. 2013..8-OH-DPAT) can induce compulsive checking in a large open field, as does the dopamine D2/D3 receptor agonist quinpirole. To induce compulsive checking, male rats were exposed to eight injections of either 8-OH-DPAT (1 mg/kg), ..
- Mapping quantitative trait loci that regulate sensitivity and tolerance to quinpirole, a dopamine mimetic selective for D(2)/D(3) receptorsK Buck
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health Sciences University, and Department of Veterans Affairs Research Service, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Am J Med Genet 96:696-705. 2000Acute sensitivity and tolerance to quinpirole (a dopamine mimetic with selectivity for D(2)/D(3) dopamine receptors) were evaluated in the C57BL/6J and DBA/2J inbred strains of mice, 24 of their BXD recombinant inbred strains, and 233 F(2)..
- The morphogenesis of motor rituals in rats treated chronically with the dopamine agonist quinpiroleA Ben-Pazi
Department of Zoology, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
Behav Neurosci 115:1301-17. 2001Rats injected repeatedly with the dopamine agonist quinpirole develop motor rituals that evolve through a cascade of 4 behavioral processes. The 1st involves increased activity...
- Adenosine A2A receptors in the nucleus accumbens bi-directionally alter cocaine seeking in ratsCasey E O'Neill
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1245-56. 2012..disodium salt hydrate), in modulating cocaine- and quinpirole-induced reinstatement to cocaine seeking...
- Disinhibition of nucleus accumbens neurons by the dopamine D2 receptor agonist LY-141865: prevented by 6-OHDA pretreatmentX T Hu
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, S U N Y, Stony Brook 11794
Brain Res 444:389-93. 1988....
- Rewarding and locomotor-activating effects of direct dopamine receptor agonists are augmented by chronic food restriction in ratsK D Carr
Millhauser Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 154:420-8. 2001..It is not known whether behavioral effects of selective, direct DA receptor agonists are also subject to the augmenting effect of food restriction...
- Enhanced reward-facilitating effects of d-amphetamine in rats in the quinpirole model of obsessive-compulsive disorderTimo T Schmidt
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 16:1083-91. 2013..The present study investigates differences in brain stimulation reward in rats with quinpirole-induced compulsive checking behaviour, in order to examine if deficits in reward processing are also relevant ..
- Enhancement of excessive lever-pressing after post-training signal attenuation in rats by repeated administration of the D1 antagonist SCH 23390 or the D2 agonist quinpirole, but not the D1 agonist SKF 38393 or the D2 antagonist haloperidolD Joel
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Behav Neurosci 115:1291-300. 2001..The present study shows that repeated administration of SCH 23390 or quinpirole, but not SKF 38393 or haloperidol, enhances this behavioral pattern...
- Reversal of quinpirole inhibition of ventral tegmental area neurons is linked to the phosphatidylinositol system and is induced by agonists linked to G(q)Sudarat Nimitvilai
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7342, USA
J Neurophysiol 108:263-74. 2012..with PI turnover (SKF83959), but not one linked to AC (SKF83822), promoted reversal of inhibition produced by quinpirole, a dopamine D2-selective agonist...
- Dopamine regulation of extracellular glutamate in the nucleus accumbensP W Kalivas
Department of Veterinary Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology and Physiology, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 6520, USA
Brain Res 761:173-7. 1997..in the nucleus accumbens was examined by passing 1, 10 and 100 microM of amphetamine, the D(2/3) agonist, quinpirole, or the D1 agonist, SKF-82958 through a microdialysis probe...
- Facilitation of hypothermia by quinpirole and 8-OH-DPAT in a rat model of cardiac arrestAndreas Schneider
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Cologne, Kerpener Straße 62, 50937 Koln, Germany andreas schneider uk koeln de
Resuscitation 83:232-7. 2012..Dopamine D(2) agonists and serotonin 5-HT(1A) agonists lower body temperature by decreasing the set-point. We investigated the effect of these drugs on temperature and cerebral recovery of rats after cardiac arrest...
- Modulation of quinpirole-induced compulsive-like behavior in rats by environmental changes: implications for OCD rituals and for exploration and navigationPazit Zadicario
Department of Zoology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv 69978, Israel
BMC Neurosci 8:23. 2007Rats treated chronically with the D2-3 dopamine agonist quinpirole were previously proposed as an animal model of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) since their behavior is based on repeated, compulsive-like persistent traveling between ..
- DSP-4 prevents dopamine receptor priming by quinpirolePrzemysław Nowak
Department of Pharmacology, Medical University of Silesia, H Jordana 38 St, 41 808 Zabrze, Poland
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 84:3-7. 2006Repeated treatments of rats with the dopamine (DA) D2 receptor agonist quinpirole, consistently produce long-lived DA D2 receptor supersensitization, by the process that has been termed priming...
- D2 receptor-mediated inhibition of dopamine release in the rat striatum in vitro is modulated by CB1 receptors: studies using fast cyclic voltammetryCarmel O'Neill
UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Neurochem 108:545-51. 2009..Application of the D(2) receptor agonist, quinpirole, inhibited single pulse dopamine overflow in a concentration-dependent manner (IC(50): 3.25 x 10(-8) M)...
- Reductions in binding and functions of D2 dopamine receptors in the rat ventral striatum during amphetamine sensitizationJ C Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan, ROC
Life Sci 64:343-54. 1999..p. or quinpirole, 1 mg/kg, i.p...
- Coaggregation, cointernalization, and codesensitization of adenosine A2A receptors and dopamine D2 receptorsJoelle Hillion
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:18091-7. 2002..These results give a molecular basis for adenosine-dopamine antagonism at the membrane level and have implications for treatment of Parkinson's disease and schizophrenia, in which D(2)R are involved...
- Distinct roles of dopamine D2L and D2S receptor isoforms in the regulation of protein phosphorylation at presynaptic and postsynaptic sitesNiklas Lindgren
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4305-9. 2003..Incubation of striatal slices from wild-type mice with quinpirole, a dopamine D2 receptor agonist, decreased the state of phosphorylation of TH at Ser-40 and its enzymatic ..
- High-frequency stimulation of the nucleus accumbens core and shell reduces quinpirole-induced compulsive checking in ratsAdrian Mundt
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Campus Mitte, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 29:2401-12. 2009..Consequently, the present study investigates the effects of DBS of the NAc core and shell in a quinpirole rat model of OCD...
- Paradoxical modulation of short-term facilitation of dopamine release by dopamine autoreceptorsJustin M Kita
Department of Chemistry and Neuroscience Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Neurochem 102:1115-24. 2007..depressive component of dopamine release was blocked by raclopride, a D(2) antagonist, and enhanced by quinpirole, a D(2)-receptor agonist...
- The dopaminergic modulation of fear: quinpirole impairs the recall of emotional memories in ratsK Nader
Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York 10003, USA
Behav Neurosci 113:152-65. 1999..The present experiments reevaluated this issue. It was found that systemic pretreatment with the D2 agonist quinpirole before pairing 2 conditioned stimuli (CSs; CS2-CS1) dose dependently blocked the acquisition of second-order ..
- The selective mGlu(5) receptor agonist CHPG inhibits quinpirole-induced turning in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats and modulates the binding characteristics of dopamine D(2) receptors in the rat striatum: interactions with adenosine A(2a) receptorsP Popoli
Department of Pharmacology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161, Rome, Italy
Neuropsychopharmacology 25:505-13. 2001..CHPG, 1-6 microg/10 microl intracerebroventricularly) significantly inhibited contralateral turning induced by quinpirole and, to a lesser extent, that induced by SKF 38393...
- Quinpirole-induced sensitization to noisy/sparse periodic input: temporal synchronization as a component of obsessive-compulsive disorderB M Gu
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Genome Sciences Research Building II, 572 Research Drive, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Neuroscience 179:143-50. 2011b>Quinpirole-sensitized rats were tested on a discrete-trials 40-s peak-interval procedure using lever pressing as the instrumental response...
- Aripiprazole has functionally selective actions at dopamine D2 receptor-mediated signaling pathwaysJonathan D Urban
Curriculum in Toxicology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:67-77. 2007..Unlike quinpirole (a full D(2) agonist) or (-)3PPP (S(-)-3-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-N-propylpiperidine hydrochloride, a D(2) partial ..
- Effects of the dopamine D2 agonist, quinpirole, on time and number processing in ratsA Santi
Department of Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3C5
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 68:147-55. 2001..Rats received injections of the specific D2 agonist, quinpirole (0.08 mg/kg), or saline...
- Compulsive checking behavior of quinpirole-sensitized rats as an animal model of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder(OCD): form and controlH Szechtman
Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Canada
BMC Neurosci 2:4. 2001A previous report showed that the open field behavior of rats sensitized to the dopamine agonist quinpirole satisfies 5 performance criteria for compulsive checking behavior...
- Allosteric communication between protomers of dopamine class A GPCR dimers modulates activationYang Han
Center for Molecular Recognition, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Nat Chem Biol 5:688-95. 2009..Our new methodology also makes possible the characterization of signaling from a defined heterodimer unit...
- Ontogenetic quinpirole treatment produces long-lasting decreases in the expression of Rgs9, but increases Rgs17 in the striatum, nucleus accumbens and frontal cortexAmanda M Maple
Department of Psychology, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Eur J Neurosci 26:2532-8. 2007Ontogenetic treatment of rats with the dopamine D(2)-like receptor agonist quinpirole produces a significant increase in dopamine D(2) receptor sensitivity that persists throughout the animal's lifetime, a phenomenon known as D(2) priming...
- Effect of quinpirole on striatal dopamine release and locomotor activity in nicotine-treated miceAnne Tammimäki
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, P O Box 56, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Pharmacol 531:118-25. 2006..On the 50th day of nicotine administration in the drinking water or after 23-25 h withdrawal quinpirole (D2/D3 agonist, 0.01-0.1 mg/kg s.c...
- Concurrent stimulation of cannabinoid CB1 and dopamine D2 receptors enhances heterodimer formation: a mechanism for receptor cross-talk?Christopher S Kearn
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Mol Pharmacol 67:1697-704. 2005....
- Same-sex cohabitation under the effects of quinpirole induces a conditioned socio-sexual partner preference in males, but not in female ratsRodrigo Triana-Del Rio
Programa de Neurobiologia, Universidad Veracruzana, Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 99:604-13. 2011The effects of the dopamine D2-type receptor agonist quinpirole (QNP) were examined on the development of conditioned same-sex partner preference induced by cohabitation in rats. In Experiment 1, males received either saline or QNP (1...
- Time-dependent actions of D2 family agonist quinpirole on spontaneous behavior in the rat: dissociation between sniffing and locomotionJ C Horvitz
Department of Psychology, Columbia University, 1190 Amsterdam Avenue, Room 406, New York, NY 10027, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 154:350-5. 2001..However, the D2 family (D2/D3/D4) agonist quinpirole, across a wide dose range, produces a period of locomotor inhibition that precedes the drug's locomotor ..
- High fat diet and food restriction differentially modify the behavioral effects of quinpirole and raclopride in ratsMichelle G Baladi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 610:55-60. 2009..Free access to high fat chow increased sensitivity to quinpirole-induced yawning without changing sensitivity to raclopride-induced catalepsy or quinpirole-induced hypothermia...
- Differential regulation of the endocannabinoids anandamide and 2-arachidonylglycerol within the limbic forebrain by dopamine receptor activitySachin Patel
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 306:880-8. 2003..The D2 agonist quinpirole had a biphasic effect on anandamide content with low, autoreceptor-preferring doses increasing anandamide and ..
- Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor Co-activation generates a novel phospholipase C-mediated calcium signalSamuel P Lee
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:35671-8. 2004....
- Neonatal immune system activation with lipopolysaccharide enhances behavioural sensitization to the dopamine agonist, quinpirole, in adult female but not male ratsChristine M Tenk
Neuroscience Program and Department of Psychology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ont, Canada N6A 5C2
Brain Behav Immun 21:935-45. 2007..the effects of neonatal LPS treatment on subsequent locomotor sensitization to the dopamine (D(2)/D(3)) agonist, quinpirole, in adult rats as an index of drug sensitivity...
- D(2) dopamine receptors induce mitogen-activated protein kinase and cAMP response element-binding protein phosphorylation in neuronsZ Yan
Laboratory of Molecular Neuroscience, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:11607-12. 1999..Treatment of brain slices with the D(2) receptor agonist quinpirole induced rapid phosphorylation of MAPK and CREB...
- Dopamine D2/D3 receptor agonist quinpirole impairs spatial reversal learning in rats: investigation of D3 receptor involvement in persistent behaviorVasileios Boulougouris
Department of Experimental Psychology, Behavioral and Clinical Neuroscience Institute BCNI, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, CB23EB Cambridge, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 202:611-20. 2009..Dopamine is strongly implicated in the ability to shift behavior in response to changing stimulus-reward contingencies...
- Developmental treatment with the dopamine D2/3 agonist quinpirole selectively impairs spatial learning in the Morris water mazeCharles V Vorhees
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 31:1-10. 2009Developmental exposure to the dopamine D2/3 receptor agonist quinpirole is reported to induce D2 priming, impair Morris water maze performance, reduce acoustic startle prepulse inhibition (PPI), and alter locomotor activity...
- Effects of quinpirole on behavioral extinctionDaniel D Kurylo
Department of Psychology, Brooklyn College CUNY, 2900 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA
Physiol Behav 80:1-7. 2003Behavioral effects of quinpirole (QNP), a dopamine D(2) receptor agonist, suggest it impacts neural mechanisms mediating goal-directed behaviors, as well as behavioral extinction following removal of a primary reinforcer...
- Effect of quinpirole on timing behaviour in the free-operant psychophysical procedure: evidence for the involvement of D2 dopamine receptorsT H C Cheung
Psychopharmacology Section, Division of Psychiatry, University of Nottingham, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 193:423-36. 2007..It has not been established whether stimulation of D(2)-like receptors affects timing in this schedule...
- Preliminary evaluation of oral anticonvulsant treatment in the quinpirole model of bipolar disorderA Shaldubina
Zlotowski Center for Neuroscience, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel
J Neural Transm 109:433-40. 2002A potential model for bipolar disorder, quinpirole-induced biphasic locomotion, was used for a preliminary evaluation of behavioral effects of oral anticonvulsant treatment...
- Clomipramine, but not haloperidol or aripiprazole, inhibits quinpirole-induced water contrafreeloading, a putative animal model of compulsive behaviorLorenza De Carolis
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology Vittorio Erspamer, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 218:749-59. 2011Repeated administrations of the D2/D3 agonist quinpirole (QNP) to rats elicit an antieconomical pattern of drinking called "contrafreeloading" (CFL), a putative model of compulsive-like behavior.
- Hyperactivity to novelty induced by social isolation is not correlated with changes in D2 receptor function and binding in striatumAlberto Del Arco
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 171:148-55. 2004..While these behavioral changes have been partly related to a dysregulation of dopaminergic activity in striatum (dorsal and ventral), the involvement of changes in the function of dopamine receptors is still a matter of controversy...
- Presynaptic stimulation and development of locomotor sensitization to the dopamine agonist quinpiroleAnna Lomanowska
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, Health Science Centre, Room 4N82, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 77:617-22. 2004To assess whether locomotor sensitization induced by repeated injections of the dopamine agonist quinpirole reflects tolerance of the drug's presynaptic depressive effects on locomotion, independent groups of rats were treated chronically ..
- Repeated quinpirole treatments produce neurochemical sensitization and associated behavioral changes in female hamstersJulia A Chester
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2081, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 188:53-62. 2006..Repeated stimulation of dopaminergic pathways with dopamine receptor agonists can produce both neurochemical and behavioral sensitization...
- Neonatal quinpirole treatment impairs Morris water task performance in early postweanling rats: relationship to increases in corticosterone and decreases in neurotrophic factorsRussell W Brown
Department of Psychology, Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:161-8. 2004Past studies from this laboratory have shown that quinpirole administration from postnatal day (P) 1-21 produces persistent supersensitization of the dopamine D2 receptor that persists throughout the animal's lifetime.
- Locomotor activity and cocaine-seeking behavior during acquisition and reinstatement of operant self-administration behavior in ratsTimothy E Koeltzow
Department of Psychology, Saint Anselm College, Manchester, NH 03102, USA
Behav Brain Res 160:250-9. 2005..The dopamine D2-like receptor agonist quinpirole (0.5 mg/kg) increased drug-seeking behavior, but did not significantly increase locomotor activity...
- Intra-medial prefrontal cortex injection of quinpirole, but not SKF 38393, blocks the acute motor-stimulant response to cocaine in the ratC E Beyer
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and School of Graduate Studies, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport 71130 3932, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 151:211-8. 2000..However, a role for cortical dopamine (DA) receptor subtypes in modulating these responses has yet to be elucidated...
- Effects of SCH 58261, an adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonist, on quinpirole-induced turning in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats. Lack of tolerance after chronic caffeine intakeP Popoli
Pharmacology Department, Istituto Superiore di Sanità Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161, Rome, Italy
Neuropsychopharmacology 22:522-9. 2000..01) the number of rotations induced by a low dose of quinpirole (a dopamine D(2) receptor agonist), while it did not significantly modify the effects of a comparably low dose ..
- High frequency stimulation and temporary inactivation of the subthalamic nucleus reduce quinpirole-induced compulsive checking behavior in ratsChristine Winter
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Campus Mitte, Germany Department of Neurology, Charite Campus Mitte, Germany
Exp Neurol 210:217-28. 2008..of the STN (via intracranial administration of the GABA agonist muscimol) on checking behavior in the quinpirole rat model of OCD...
- Manipulation of D2 receptors with quinpirole and sulpiride affects locomotor activity before spatial behavior of rats in an active place avoidance taskAles Stuchlik
Department of Neurophysiology of Memory, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences, Videnska 1083, Prague 142 20, Czech Republic
Neurosci Res 58:133-9. 2007..D2 receptor agonist quinpirole and antagonist sulpiride were administered intraperitoneally 20min prior to behavioral testing...
- Clorgyline-induced switch from locomotion to mouthing in sensitization to the dopamine D2/D3 agonist quinpirole in rats: role of sigma and imidazoline I2 receptorsKirsten E Culver
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Health Science Center, Room 4N82, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8N 3Z5
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 167:211-8. 2003..monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) clorgyline, blocks locomotor sensitization to the D(2)/D(3) dopamine agonist quinpirole and sensitizes self-directed mouthing behavior in rats by a mechanism independent of MAO inhibition...
- Ontogenetic quinpirole treatments produce spatial memory deficits and enhance skilled reaching in adult ratsRussell W Brown
Department of Psychology, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 72:591-600. 2002..abnormalities and associated effects on cognition and motor performance in rats ontogenetically treated with quinpirole, a rodent model of dopaminergic hyperfunction...
- Mapping dopamine D2/D3 receptor function using pharmacological magnetic resonance imagingYin Ching I Chen
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging and MGH NMR Center, Department of Radiology Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 180:705-15. 2005..We wished to show that pharmacological magnetic resonance imaging (phMRI) may prove useful for this purpose...
- The effect of electroconvulsive shock seizures on behaviour induced by dopaminergic agonists and on immobility in the Porsolt testMohammad Reza Zarrindast
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 13145 784, Tehran, Iran
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:509-14. 2004..agonist, SKF 38393 (1 mg/kg), but no difference in the yawning induced by the D-2 dopamine receptor agonist, quinpirole (0.05 mg/kg)...
- Heteromeric nicotinic acetylcholine-dopamine autoreceptor complexes modulate striatal dopamine releaseDavide Quarta
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, IRP, NIH, DHHS, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:35-42. 2007..with either the non-alpha(7) nACh receptor antagonist dihydro-beta-erythroidine or the D(2-3) receptor agonist quinpirole. Local perfusion of the D(2-3) receptor antagonist raclopride produced an increase in the extracellular levels ..
- Dopamine D2 receptor-activated Ca2+ signaling modulates voltage-sensitive sodium currents in rat nucleus accumbens neuronsXiu Ti Hu
Deptartment of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Rd, North Chicago, IL 60064 3095, USA
J Neurophysiol 93:1406-17. 2005..This study provides insight into the complex and dynamic role of D2Rs in the NAc...
- Role of dopamine in behavioral sensitization to ethanol in DBA/2J miceJulie Broadbent
Department of Psychiatry, Substance Abuse Section, University of Michigan, 200 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0505, USA
Alcohol 35:137-48. 2005..In addition, the effects of SKF 82958 (0.1-1.0 mg/kg), a dopamine D(1) (D(1)) receptor agonist, quinpirole (0.05 and 0...
- Dopamine-dependent behavioural stimulation by non-peptide delta opioids BW 373U86 and SNC 80: 3. Facilitation of D1 and D2 responses in unilaterally 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned ratsA Pinna
Department of Toxicology, University of Cagliari, Italy
Behav Pharmacol 9:15-21. 1998..by themselves, but elicited contralateral turning after pretreatment with a dose of SKF 38393, a D1 agonist, or quinpirole, a D2 agonist, which per se did not induce contralateral turning...
- Basolateral amygdala modulation of the nucleus accumbens dopamine response to stress: role of the medial prefrontal cortexC W Stevenson
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4H 1R3
Eur J Neurosci 17:1287-95. 2003..To do so we studied the effects of intra-mPFC co-administration of D1 (SKF 38393) and D2/D3 (quinpirole) receptor agonists on the potentiated NAc DA stress response resulting from intra-BLA SCH 23390 injection...
- Dopamine D4 receptors inhibit depolarization-induced [3H]GABA release in the rat subthalamic nucleusBenjamin Floran
Departamento de Fisiologia, Biofisica y Neurociencias, CINVESTAV IPN, Mexico, Mexico
Eur J Pharmacol 498:97-102. 2004..2 nM) than quinpirole (EC50=200 nM)...
- Facilitation and disruption of memory for the passive avoidance task in the day-old chick using dopamine D1 receptor compoundsM W Hale
School of Psychological Science, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Australia 3086
Behav Pharmacol 14:525-32. 2003..The D2 antagonist, sulpiride, and the D2 agonist, quinpirole, showed no memory effects...
- Elevated neuronal nitric oxide synthase expression in chronic haloperidol-treated ratsYuen Sum Lau
Division of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, 2411 Holmes St M3 111, Kansas City, MO, USA
Neuropharmacology 45:986-94. 2003..Furthermore, the toxic effect of chronic haloperidol on NOS system selectivity takes place in the neostriatum...
- Age-related modifications of the morphological organization of pituicytes are associated with alteration of the GABAergic and dopaminergic innervation afferent to the neurohypophysial lobeG Alonso
CNRS UMR 5101, Biologie des Neurons Endocrines, CCIPE, 141 rue de la Cardonille, 34094 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Eur J Neurosci 18:1889-903. 2003..Taken together, these data suggest that the age-related morphological changes of pituicytes result from the alteration of the GABA/DAergic innervation of the NL...
- Short-term, D2 receptor blockade induces synaptic degeneration, reduces levels of tyrosine hydroxylase and brain-derived neurotrophic factor, and enhances D2-mediated firing in the ventral pallidumG E Meredith
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, The Chicago Medical School, Finch University of Health Sciences, 3333 Green Bay Rd, North Chicago, IL 60064 3095, USA
Brain Res 995:14-22. 2004..This was accompanied by an enhancement in the efficacy of the D2 agonist quinpirole to increase spiking rate of VP neurons recorded in chloral hydrate-anesthetized rats...
- GABA(A) receptors in the nucleus accumbens core modulate turning behavior induced by dopamine receptor stimulationGaku Akiyama
Department of Pharmacology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Chiyoda, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
J Oral Sci 45:185-92. 2003..of contralateral side, systemic injection of a mixture of dopamine D1-like (SKF 38393, 3 mg/kg) and D2-like (quinpirole, 1 mg/kg) receptor agonists has been found to elicit contraversive pivoting, namely pivoting away from the side ..
- Involvement of dopamine receptors of the dorsal hippocampus on the acquisition and expression of morphine-induced place preference in ratsAmeneh Rezayof
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran
J Psychopharmacol 17:415-23. 2003..25-1 microg/rat), dopamine D(2/3) receptor agonist, quinpirole (0.3-3 microg/rat) or dopamine D2 receptor antagonist, sulpiride (0...
- P2 receptor-mediated effects on the open field behaviour of rats in comparison with behavioural responses induced by the stimulation of dopamine D2-like and by the blockade of ionotrophic glutamate receptorsH Kittner
Rudolf Boehm Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Leipzig, Härtelstrasse 16 18, D 04107 Leipzig, Germany
Behav Brain Res 149:197-208. 2004..the pattern of locomotor activity were compared with the effects caused by the dopamine D2-like receptor agonist quinpirole (10 pmol) and by the combination of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist (+/-)-3-(2-..
- Dopaminergic modulation of photopic temporal transfer properties in goldfish retina investigated with the ERGCarlos Mora-Ferrer
Inst Zoologie, Abt III, J Gutenberg Universität, Colonel Kleinmann Weg 2, SB II 55099 Mainz, Germany
Vision Res 44:2067-81. 2004..The action of DA is discussed on the base of a membrane resonance model in the outer retina versus a feed-forward inhibition model in the inner retina...
- Direct inhibition of substantia gelatinosa neurones in the rat spinal cord by activation of dopamine D2-like receptorsAkihiro Tamae
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, Saga 849 8501, Japan
J Physiol 568:243-53. 2005..of DA increased the mechanical nociceptive threshold and this effect was mimicked by a D2-like receptor agonist, quinpirole, but not by a D1-like receptor agonist, SKF 38393...
- Cooperative activation of D1 and D2 dopamine receptors enhances a hyperpolarization-activated inward current in layer I interneuronsJianping Wu
Department of Neurobiology, Civitan International Research Center, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Neurosci 25:6322-8. 2005..hydrobromide (SKF81297) (1-10 microm) nor the D2-like agonist quinpirole (10 microm) produced a significant depolarization...
- Cesarean plus anoxia at birth induces hyperresponsiveness to locomotor activity by dopamine D2 agonistIsmael Juarez
Laboratorio de Neuropsiquiatría, Instituto de Fisiologia, Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Mexico
Synapse 58:236-42. 2005..The postpubertal C-only rats showed a decrease in the levels of DA D2-like receptors in the NAcc. However, quinpirole, a DA D2 agonist (0.125 and 0.25 mg/kg, s.c...
- Altered dopamine D2-like receptor binding in rats with behavioral sensitization to quinpirole: effects of pre-treatment with Ro 41-1049Kirsten E Culver
School of Nursing, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 592:67-72. 2008Repeated treatment with the dopamine D2/D3 receptor agonist quinpirole produces a sensitized behavioral response in rats manifested as an increase in locomotor activity...
- Ventral striatum dopamine D2 receptor activity inhibits rat pups' vocalization response to loss of maternal contactJeff M Muller
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Department of Developmental Neuroscience, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Behav Neurosci 122:119-28. 2008..In this study, infusion of quinpirole (2 microg/side) into the nucleus accumbens also blocks maternal potentiation...
- Antagonistic cannabinoid CB1/dopamine D2 receptor interactions in striatal CB1/D2 heteromers. A combined neurochemical and behavioral analysisDaniel Marcellino
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Retzius vag 8, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Neuropharmacology 54:815-23. 2008..Antagonistic CB(1)/D(2) interactions were also discovered at the behavioral level through an analysis of quinpirole-induced locomotor hyperactivity in rats...
- Altered dopamine D2 receptor function and binding in obese OLETF ratAndras Hajnal
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Brain Res Bull 75:70-6. 2008..Therefore, we investigated receptor density and the effect of the D2R agonist quinpirole (0.05, 0.5 mg/kg, S.C...
- D2-like dopamine receptors modulate SKCa channel function in subthalamic nucleus neurons through inhibition of Cav2.2 channelsSankari Ramanathan
Department of Physiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
J Neurophysiol 99:442-59. 2008..Together, these data suggest that D2-like dopamine receptors potently modulate the negative feedback control of firing that is mediated by the functional coupling of Cav2.2 and SKCa channels in STN neurons...
- Basal local cerebral glucose utilization is not altered after behavioral sensitization to quinpiroleToni L Richards
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Neurosci Lett 429:165-8. 2007..Previously, we have shown that sensitization to the D(2)/D(3) dopamine receptor agonist quinpirole produces alterations in quinpirole-stimulated local cerebral glucose utilization (LCGU) in ventral striatal and ..
- Dopamine D2 receptor-dependent modulation of striatal NO synthase activityStephen Sammut
Department of Neuroscience, The Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, IL, 60064, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 191:793-803. 2007....
- Neonatal exposure to epidermal growth factor induces dopamine D2-like receptor supersensitivity in adult sensorimotor gatingHidekazu Sotoyama
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Asahimachi dori 1 757, Niigata, 951 8585, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 191:783-92. 2007..Thus, rats treated with EGF as neonates are used as a putative animal model for schizophrenia showing impaired prepulse inhibition (PPI) and other cognitive deficits in the adult stage...
- Sensorimotor gating and dopamine function in postpartum ratsElizabeth M Byrnes
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1021-31. 2007..female rats on postpartum day 2 (PPD2) or 14 (PPD14) following treatment with saline or the dopamine D2 agonist, quinpirole. Diestrus (DI) females served as controls...
- Antidepressant-like properties of the anti-Parkinson agent, piribedil, in rodents: mediation by dopamine D2 receptorsMauricette Brocco
Psychopharmacology Department, Servier Research Institute, Croissy Research Center, Paris, France
Behav Pharmacol 17:559-72. 2006..properties, in comparison with the prototypical anti-Parkinson agent, apomorphine, the D2/D3 receptor agonist, quinpirole, and the antidepressants, imipramine and fluvoxamine...
- [The influence of stimulation dopaminergic D, i D2 receptors in lateral geniculate body on flash visual evoked potentials (FVEP) in rats]Agata R Plech
Katedry i Oddziału Klinicznego Okulistyki w Bytomiu Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Klin Oczna 108:159-62. 2006..The topic of this paper is to define the influence of stimulation dopaminergic D1 i D2 receptors in lateral geniculate body by flash visual evoked potentials (FVEP)...
- Dopamine receptor regulation of Ca2+ levels in individual isolated nerve terminals from rat striatum: comparison of presynaptic D1-like and D2-like receptorsJianlin Wu
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
J Neurochem 98:481-94. 2006..R-(+)-SKF81297, a selective D1-like receptor agonist, and (-)-quinpirole, a selective D2-like receptor agonist, induced increases in Ca2+ levels in different subsets of individual ..
- Dopaminergic mechanisms controlling urethral function in ratsTeruyuki Ogawa
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 25:480-9. 2006..To investigate the role of dopamine receptor subtypes in the control of urethral activity...
- ULTRASTRUCTURE OF MESOLIMBIC TRANSMITTER INTERACTIONSVirginia M Pickel; Fiscal Year: 2012..In rodent models, acute systemic administration of either D1/D2 (apomorphine) or D2/D3 (quinpirole) receptor agonists results in a sensorimotor gating deficit that can be measured by the diminished ability of ..
- Nicotine and the roles of nicotinic receptors in a rodent model of schizophreniaRussell W Brown; Fiscal Year: 2013..a rodent model of schizophrenia that is accomplished through neonatal injection of the dopamine D2/D3 agonist quinpirole to rats from postnatal days (P) 1-21, which results in increased dopamine D2 receptor sensitivity that persists ..
- Ligand Directed Functional Selectivity of G-Protein Coupled Receptor SignallingGerry S Oxford; Fiscal Year: 2012..and intrinsic activity) for K and Ca channels, adenylyl cyclase, and MAP kinase upon exposure to the agonists quinpirole, DHX, and NPA...
- Cortical Mechanisms of Cocaine SensitizationJeffery D Steketee; Fiscal Year: 2012..in sensitized animals is associated with a reduction in the ability of intra-vmPFC infusion of the D2 agonist quinpirole to reduce mesocorticolimbic glutamate transmission and mesoaccumbens dopamine transmission using in vivo ..
- Amphetamine sensitization in a model of schizophreniaRussell W Brown; Fiscal Year: 2010..in this proposal is based on long-term priming of the dopamine D2 receptor through neonatal administration of quinpirole, a dopamine D2/D3 agonist...
- Dopamine D2/D3 Receptors in Compulsive DisordersJames H Woods; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will test this hypothesis in three behavioral models: 1) quinpirole-induced responding for stimuli associated with cocaine;2) quinpirole-induced responding for water in the ..
- Transporter Mechanism of Amphetamine SensitizationRong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2011..DAT trafficking is primarily induced by DAT substrate (e.g. AMPH) and D2R agonist (e.g. quinpirole). AMPH is also a substrate for SERT, and SERT is importantly involved in AMPH reinforcement and sensitization...
- AUTORECEPTOR REGULATION OF DOPAMINE RELEASEGreg Gerhardt; Fiscal Year: 1991..five brain regions by performing dose response curves with the D2 selective dopamine agonists, pergolide and quinpirole; the D1 selective dopamine agonist SKF 38393; the non- selective dopamine antagonist, haloperidol; the D2 ..
- DOPAMINE RECEPTOR SUBTYPES & FUNCTIONEmanuel Meller; Fiscal Year: 1993..To test this hypothesis, we will determine whether the behavioral effects of D1 (SKF 38393, fenoldopam) or D2 (quinpirole) agonists are potentiated by intrastriatal (i.s...
- MINORITY SCHOOL FACULTY DEVELOPMENT AWARDHALCYON WATKINS; Fiscal Year: 1992..study are to determine the influence of long term treatment with selective DA-1 (fenoldopam) and DA-2 receptor (quinpirole) agonists on the development of hypertension and urinary sodium excretion in genetic hypertensive rats on ..
- DOPAMINERGIC MODULATION OF THE STARTLE REFLEXMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2004..In contrast, systemic administration of the D2 agonist quinpirole or the D2/3 agonist 7-OHDPAT significantly depresses the startle response...
- Effects of DA D1 and D2 agonists on reward sensitivityValeri Farmer Dougan; Fiscal Year: 2004..exposed to a series of doses of partial and full D1 agonist, SKF38393 and SKF82958 respectively; a D2 agonist quinpirole, a D3 selective agonist PD 128,907 used to control for D3 receptor effects, and a non-selective DA agonist, ..
- ALCOHOL AND MESOLIMBIC DOPAMINE PATHWAYQINGSHAN YAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..Ca -free medium into the NACC, both of which are known to interrupt membrane depolarization; 2) perfusion with quinpirole, a D2 receptor agonist, into the ventral tegmental area (VTA) to suppress the mesolimbic DA neuronal activity; 3)..
- ALCOHOL AND MESOLIMBIC DOPAMINE PATHWAYQINGSHAN YAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ca -free medium into the NACC, both of which are known to interrupt membrane depolarization; 2) perfusion with quinpirole, a D2 receptor agonist, into the ventral tegmental area (VTA) to suppress the mesolimbic DA neuronal activity; 3)..
- SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN DOPAMINE RECEPTOR SYNERGISMYuan Luo; Fiscal Year: 2007..be correlated with the behavioral effects of the agonists given alone or in combination with the D2-like agonist quinpirole. The role of specific D2-like receptor subtypes in the synergistic interactions also will be assessed...
- MONOAMINERGIC REGULATION OF GABA AND SCHIZOPHRENIAARIEL DEUTCH; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Specific Aim I they will determine if systemic or local infusion of the D2 agonist quinpirole increases extracellular NT levels in the PFC, using in vivo microdialysis couple with GS-MS determination of NT ..
- DRUGS OF ABUSE AND NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENTJOSEPH GALIZIO; Fiscal Year: 1993..that affect specific receptor sites in the dopaminergic systems such as SCH23390, SKF38393, raclopride, and quinpirole. Further proposed research will help to determine the proper interpretation of the actions of drugs of abuse on ..
- "Nicotine: Potential therapies and possible pitfalls"Russell Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, we plan a final roundtable discussion with all speakers to discuss the commonalities of the positive effects, underlying mechanisms, and adverse effects of nicotine as a potential therapy. ..
- Molecular Basis of D1 and D2 PrimingAlexia Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2003..Elucidation of this mechanism could lead to treatment strategies aimed to prevent these dyskinesias, which would, in turn, lengthen the time that dopamine replacement therapy is effective to treat patients with PD. ..
- BASAL GANGLIA CIRCUITRY IMMEDIATE EARLY GENE EXPRESSIONDavid Wirtshafter; Fiscal Year: 2003..Other studies will examine the effects of lesions within the basal ganglia on the IEG expression induced by systemic administration of dopaminergic drugs. ..
- NEURAL CIRCUITRY OF SENSORIMOTOR GATING ACROSS SPECIESNeal Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Lateral Hypothalamus, Dopamine and Ingestive BehaviorDavid Wirtshafter; Fiscal Year: 2007..Gaining an understanding of these systems is a prerequisite for the rational development of novel treatments for disturbances of ingestion, such as occur in obesity, bulemia and cahchexia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OPIOID MECHANISMS THAT FACILITATE REWARDKENNETH CARR; Fiscal Year: 2006..Study IV examines functional coupling between D-2 receptors and G-protein by measuring quinpirole- stimulated [35S]GTPgammaS binding. Study V examines D-1-agonist- induced stimulation of adenylyl cyclase...
- Neuroscience at the Boundaries of Neurology and PsychiatryNeal Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Simple Measure for Studying Sensory Gating DeficitsNeal Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CNS Mechanisms that Modulate RewardKENNETH CARR; Fiscal Year: 2008..The research proposed in this application is aimed at elucidating midbrain and striatal mechanisms involved in the increased behavioral responsiveness of FR rats to drugs of abuse. ..
- CORTICO-STRIATAL SUBSTRATES OF DEFICIENT STARTLE GATINGNeal R Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2010..New information from these studies will be a foundation for innovative models of the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and other inherited neuropsychiatric disorders, and for prospective strategies for novel drug development. ..
- Neural basis of heritable DA-mediated gating deficitsNeal R Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Gene expression associated with the CNS reinforcing act*ZACHARY RODD HENRICKS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the proposed project will provide valuable information on neuronal systems and receptors within the extended amygdala involved in mediating the rewarding properties of alcohol. ..
- Brain DHA, Dopamine, and Behavior: Roles in ADHDBeth Levant; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such insights may identify a means by which certain risk factors for ADHD may be reduced or eliminated or the severity of the disease may be reduced through appropriate pre- and postnatal nutrition. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Brain LC-PUFAs and Maternal Mental HealthBeth Levant; Fiscal Year: 2006..These findings will also suggest novel treatments for such illnesses when they occur. ..
- in vivo characterization of D2/D3 agonists & antagonistsGregory Collins; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PARAMETERS AND MECHANISMS OF COCAINE TOLERANCEGeorge King; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- MOTOR ACTIONS OF CANNABINOIDS IN A PARKINSONS MODELCLARA SANUDO PENA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Behavioral, biochemical, and physiological studies will be conducted in parallel to test this possibility. It will also help integrate the cannabinergic system with the current knowledge of basal ganglia physiology. ..
- SENSITIZATION AND CONDITIONING WITH ETHANOLKENT BERRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Dopamine modulation of network activity in the prefrontal cortex. Sven Kroener; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The prefrontal cortex: responses to threat in early lifeHarry N Shair; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Neurophysiology and Biomechanics of Urethra in Stress Urinary IncontinenceNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is recognized as a high priority in the urologic/gynecologic care of SUI patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dopamine mechanisms in development of type-2 diabetesAndras Hajnal; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will help determine how plasticity in the dopaminergic system affects behavioral and metabolic factors related to hyperphagia and the development of dietary-induced NIDDM. ..
- Antipsychotic Drugs and Maternal Behavior: A Preclinical InvestigationMing Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dopamine, accumbens signaling & associative learningBRANDON ARAGONA; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from these studies may promote treatments aimed at reducing the ability of environmental cues to enhance drug seeking. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEVELOPMENTAL EFFECTS OF METHAMPHETAMINE-LIKE STIMULANTSCharles Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2009..The number of prenatally MA exposed children continues to grow. Our goal is to develop models of early MA exposure that permit an understanding of the long-term consequences on brain development and cognition. ..
- Supraspinal Modulation of Neuropathic PainBradley Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL EFFECTS OF METHLENEDIOXYMETHAMPHETAMINECharles Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such data will help identify risks associated with the prenatal use of MDMA on brain and cognitive development. ..
- Nonhuman Primate Model of Benzodiazepine RelapseJAMES ROWLETT; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Reproductive Consequences of Pubertal Morphine AbuseElizabeth Byrnes; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MECHANISMS OF G PROTEIN COUPLED RECEPTOR REGULATIONLAWRENCE BARAK; Fiscal Year: 2002..Insight gained from them should provide a foundation for the development of new treatment regiments that target diseases such as hypertension, heart failure, and chronic pain syndromes. ..
- Lower urinary tract dysfunction in Parkinson's diseaseNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2003..This is a high priority in the urologic care of patients with Parkinson's disease. ..
- Sex Diffrerences in Opioid AntinociceptionAndrew Barrett; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF DRUGS OF ABUSE--AMPHETAMINERonald Kuczenski; Fiscal Year: 2004..The possibility of nonsynaptic release sites on nigrostriatal DA afferents will be assessed by labeling components of the release mechanism and then correlating them with the locations of dopamine receptors. ..
- Mouse Behavior Models of Cocaine AddictionFrancis White; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of these models should allow phenotypic characterization of behaviors related to drug taking and drug seeking and provide novel tests for various transgenic mice. ..
- Adult Neurogenesis, Amygdala, and Social AttachmentZuoxin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- INIA:schedule-induced polydipsia and excessive ethanolGuy Mittleman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BRAIN CELL DEATH IN MRL MICE: TARGETS AND MECHANISMSBoris Sakic; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular fingerprinting of GPCR ligands in CancerLAWRENCE BARAK; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, automated imaging systems for the analysis of the biosensors are currently available and their throughput rate for identifying GPCR ligands useful in cancer therapy could be increased upwards of 100 fold. ..
- Estrogen Modulates Dopamine SignalingJILL SHARIFI; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data collected will provide important evidence for estrogen's role in the modulation of the nucleus accumbens reward system and drugs of abuse. ..
- Disulfiram, DBH, and cocaine-induced anxietyDavid Weinshenker; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Brain dopamine alterations in human cocaine usersKARLEY LITTLE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Goal #4 is to confirm these increases and determine if induction of related genes occurs in human cocaine users. Specific Aim # 4 is to test the hypotheses that COX-1, NHE-1 and related mRNA's are increased in dopamine neurons. ..
- Modeling genetically controlled DBH activity in miceDavid Weinshenker; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Afferent modulation in bladde dysfunctionNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract not provided ..
- NEUROANATOMICAL SUBSTRATES OF ALCOHOL-INDUCED AMNESIAAndrey Ryabinin; Fiscal Year: 2001..Taken together, these studies will provide valuable insight at several levels of analysis of alcohol~s action on cognitive functions and eventually allow to start understanding of the mechanisms involved in alcohol-induced amnesia. ..