Summary: A tricyclic antidepressant with actions similar to AMITRIPTYLINE.
- Kava-Kava extract LI 150 is as effective as Opipramol and Buspirone in Generalised Anxiety Disorder--an 8-week randomized, double-blind multi-centre clinical trial in 129 out-patientsR J Boerner
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Phytomedicine 10:38-49. 2003..An 8-week randomized, reference-controlled, double-blind, multi-centre clinical trial investigated Kava-Kava LI 150 in Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD; ICD-10: F41.1)...
- Neuropharmacology of the anxiolytic drug opipramol, a sigma site ligandW E Muller
Department of Pharmacology, Biocenter University Frankfurt, Marie Curie Strasse 9, D 60439 Frankfurt, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 37:S189-97. 2004Although opipramol is structurally related to imipramine, it does not represent a tricyclic antidepressant drug as it does not inhibit the neuronal uptake of norepinephrine and/or serotonin...
- Neurochemical characterization of dopaminergic effects of opipramol, a potent sigma receptor ligand, in vivoT S Rao
CNS Diseases Research, G D Searle and Co, Monsanto Company, St Louis, Missouri 63198
Neuropharmacology 29:1191-7. 1990b>Opipramol, a tricyclic antidepressant drug, potently interacted with sigma recognition sites labelled by [3H](+)-3-hydroxyphenyl)N-(1-propyl)piperidine [( 3H](+)-3-PPP) with a Ki value of 50 +/- 8 nM and with minimal affinity for ..
- Spectroscopic investigation (FT-IR, FT-Raman and SERS), vibrational assignments, HOMO-LUMO analysis and molecular docking study of OpipramolY Sheena Mary
Department of Physics, Fatima Mata National College, Kollam, Kerala, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 137:547-59. 2015FT-IR and FT-Raman spectra of Opipramol were recorded and analyzed. SERS spectrum was recorded in silver colloid. The vibrational wave numbers were computed using DFT quantum chemical calculations...
- Repetitive injection field-amplified sample stacking for cationic compounds determinationSzymon Dziomba
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Medical University of Gdansk, Hallera 107, 80 416 Gdansk, Poland
Talanta 125:1-6. 2014..65 min. The method was developed for the determination of six psychiatric drugs (opipramol, hydroxyzine, promazine, amitriptyline, fluoxetine, and thioridazine)...
- Cutaneous manifestations of injectable drug use: hidden secretsWioletta Barańska-Rybak
Department of Dermatology, Venereology, and Allergology, Medical University of Gdansk, Debinki St 7, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
Cutis 93:185-7. 2014..diaphoresis, fatigue, recent weight loss, and agitation following subcutaneous injection of a tramadol, opipramol, and clonazepam mixture...
- A retrospective analysis of antidepressant poisonings in the emergency department: 11-year experienceP Unverir
Department of Emergency Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 25:605-12. 2006..A total of 356 antidepressant poisoning cases were evaluated. Tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), especially opipramol and amitriptyline, were the most common agents (58.4%). The most frequent ECG finding was sinus tachycardia (40...
- Combined pH/organic solvent gradient HPLC in analysis of forensic materialPaweł Wiczling
Department of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacodynamics, Medical University of Gdansk, Gen J Hallera 107, 80 416 Gdansk, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:871-5. 2005..Advantages of the method are illustrated in postmortem analysis of opipramol in material from suicide victims...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of 13 antidepressant and five neuroleptic drugs in serum with liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometryUrsula Gutteck
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:1571-9. 2003..doxepin (including nordoxepin), escitalopram, flupentixol, fluphenazine, fluvoxamine, imipramine, nortriptyline, opipramol, pipamperone, reboxetine, thioridazine, trimipramine and zuclopenthixol were separated on a reversed-phase C18 ..
- 2,2'-Bipyridine as a new and sensitive spectrophotometric reagent for the determination of nanoamounts of certain dibenzazepine class of tricyclic antidepressant drugsAyesha Syeda
Department of Studies in Chemistry, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore 570 006, India
Farmaco 60:47-51. 2005..IPH), desipramine hydrochloride (DPH), clomipramine hydrochloride (CPH), trimipramine maleate (TPM) and opipramol (OPP) with iron (III) and subsequent reaction with 2,2'-bipyridine in an acetic acid medium to yield a pink ..
- High-resolution structures of Neotermes koshunensis β-glucosidase mutants provide insights into the catalytic mechanism and the synthesis of glucoconjugatesWen Yih Jeng
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 68:829-38. 2012..found that new glucoconjugates were generated by the conjugation of glucose (hydrolyzed product) and HEPES/EPPS/opipramol (buffer components)...
- [Modification of perioperative psychiatric drug therapy]Andreas Redel
Klinik für Anästhesiologie der Universität Regensburg, Germany
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 48:10-7. 2013..In this article we use the available data to answer the question of a journal reader regarding the perioperative modification of Opipramol therapy for a 59-year-old patient scheduled for elective shoulder surgery.
- Sequential cloud-point extraction for toxicological screening analysis of medicaments in human plasma by high pressure liquid chromatography with diode array detectorKatarzyna Madej
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Jagiellonian University, Ingarden St 3, 30 060 Krakow, Poland Electronic address
J Chromatogr A 1312:42-8. 2013..Eight model drugs (paracetamol, promazine, chlorpromazine, amitriptyline, salicyclic acid, opipramol, alprazolam and carbamazepine) were chosen for the study of optimal CPE conditions...
- Anti-proliferative activity of haloperidol in B16 mouse and human SK-MEL-28 melanoma cell linesJardena Nordenberg
Endocrinology Laboratory, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva 49100, Israel
Int J Oncol 27:1097-103. 2005..The potency order was: haloperidol, reduced-haloperidol, ifenprodil tartrate, opipramol and carbetapentane citrate. B16 COL/R cells were to some extent, less sensitive to sigma ligands...
- Quantitative determination of forty-eight antidepressants and antipsychotics in human serum by HPLC tandem mass spectrometry: a multi-level, single-sample approachH Kirchherr
Medical Laboratory Bremen, Haferwende 12, D 28359 Bremen, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 843:100-13. 2006..moclobemide, norclomipramine, nordoxepin, norfluoxetine, nortriptyline, O-desmethylvenlafaxine, olanzapine, opipramol, paroxetine, perazine, perphenazine, pimozide, pipamperone, quetiapine, reboxetine, risperidone, sertraline, ..
- Induction of a mixed depressive episode during rTMS treatment in a patient with refractory major depressionFady Rachid
Division of Adult Psychiatry, University Hospitals of Geneva, Switzerland
World J Biol Psychiatry 7:261-4. 2006..Therefore, caution should be exercised among clinicians using this experimental procedure, particularly in the treatment of bipolar depressed patients...
- Frequency of different anti-depressants associated with suicides and drug deathsGustav Drasch
Institute of Forensic Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Nubbaumstr 26, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Int J Legal Med 122:115-21. 2008..In contrast, in cases with citalopram or opipramol, violent forms of suicides were significantly over-represented...
- [Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)--diagnosis and therapy]Reinhard J Boerner
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie CKQ, Zentrum für integrative Diagnostik und Therapie von Angsterkrankungen ZIDTA, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der MHH, Quakenbrück
Med Monatsschr Pharm 30:401-8; quiz 409-10. 2007..The pharmacotherapy with SSRI, SNRI, opipramol, buspirone and pregabalin allows an effective treatment...
- [Pathologic worry]Reinhard J Boerner
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie CKQ, Zentrum für integrative Diagnostik u Therapie von Angsterkrankungen ZIDTA, Quakenbrück
MMW Fortschr Med 149:46-9; quiz 50. 2007..In the pharmacotherapy SSRI and SNRI are the first line, but also Buspiron, Opipramol and Pregabalin are possible agents in the short-term and long-term therapy...
- Opipramol improves subjective quality of sleep the night prior to surgery: confirmatory testing of a double-blind, randomized clinical trialMichael Hueppe
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 64:24-31. 2011Due to its pharmacological properties, opipramol may be useful in the context of evening premedication in anaesthesiology...
- Sigma nonopioid intracellular receptor 1 mutations cause frontotemporal lobar degeneration-motor neuron diseaseAgnes A Luty
Neuroscience Research Australia, Randwick, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Ann Neurol 68:639-49. 2010..Our objective was to identify the causative gene in an FTLD-MND pedigree with no mutations in known dementia genes...
- In vitro studies of DNA damage caused by tricyclic antidepressants: a role of peroxidase in the side effects of the drugsEkaterina A Korobkova
Science Department, John Jay College of Criminlal Justice, 445 W 59th Avenue, New York, New York 10019, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 23:1497-503. 2010..in vitro studies of the DNA damage caused by four tricyclic antidepressants: imipramine, amitriptyline, opipramol, and protriptyline. We focused particularly on the DNA damage aided by peroxidases...
- Determination of the chemical structure of potential organic impurities occurring in the drug substance opipramolE Luboch
Department of Chemical Technology, Chemical Faculty, Gdansk University of Technology, Gdansk, Poland
Pharmazie 65:239-44. 2010The tricyclic antipsychotic and antidepressant drug opipramol (opipramole) was examined with regard to the chemical structure of its organic impurities...
- Gastroprotective and antioxidant effects of opipramol on indomethacin-induced ulcers in ratsHakan Dursun
Ataturk University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Erzurum, Turkey
Yakugaku Zasshi 129:861-9. 2009..antiulcer effects, but there are presently no data in the literature specifically concerning the antidepressant opipramol. This study aimed to investigate the antiulcer effects of opipramol and to determine its potential relationship ..
- The sigma-1 antagonist BMY-14802 inhibits L-DOPA-induced abnormal involuntary movements by a WAY-100635-sensitive mechanismMelanie A Paquette
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 204:743-54. 2009..In the 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA) rat model of PD, L-DOPA induces a similar phenomenon, which has been termed abnormal involuntary movement (AIM). We previously demonstrated that BMY-14802 suppresses AIM expression in this model...
- Binding of imipramine, dosulepin, and opipramol to liposomes for overdose treatmentBrett A Howell
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
J Pharm Sci 98:3718-29. 2009..were investigated as detoxifying agents for the weak bases imipramine and dosulepin and the diprotic drug opipramol. In vitro binding measurements in the presence of human serum samples revealed that the liposomes reduced the ..
- sigma-1 receptor modulation of acid-sensing ion channel a (ASIC1a) and ASIC1a-induced Ca2+ influx in rat cortical neuronsYelenis Herrera
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612 4799, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:491-502. 2008..The pan-selective sigma-1/sigma-2 receptor agonists, 1,3-di-o-tolyl-guanidine (100 microM) and opipramol (10 microM), reversibly decreased acid-induced elevations in [Ca2+](i) and membrane currents...
- Clinical trials with sigma ligandsH P Volz
Krankenhaus für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie Schloss Werneck, Balthasar Neumann Platz 1, D 97440 Werneck, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 37:S214-20. 2004..in human studies in functional diarrhea as a model of somatoform disorder (igmesine), depression (igmesine, opipramol), anxiety (opipramol and--in animal models--siramisine), schizophrenia (panamasine, SL 82...
- [Somatoform disorders--what must the general practitioner know?]Hans Peter Volz
Krankenhaus für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Schloss Werneck
MMW Fortschr Med 146:27-8, 30. 2004..addition to a psychotherapeutic intervention or psychodynamic treatment or behavioral treatment, we now have the first positive results of a psychopharmacological treatment regimen with opipramol and the St. John's Wort extract LI 160.
- Identification and determination of opipramol metabolites in plasma and urineM Lappenberg-Pelzer
Department of Clinical Toxicology and Pharmacology, Berliner Betrieb für Zentrale Gesundheitliche Aufgaben, Berlin, Germany
J Anal Toxicol 22:215-9. 1998In six cases of suspected opipramol overdose, commercially available immunoassays for tricyclic antidepressants (TCA) EMIT tox serum Assay and ADxR serum TCA Assay indicated arbitrarily high or toxic TCA concentrations...
- Chromatographic analysis (TLC) of fluoxetine, doxepine, imipramine and opipramol in human plasmaG Misztal
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Medicine, Lublin, Poland
Acta Pol Pharm 54:257-9. 1997Fluoxetine, imipramine, doxepine and opipramol after liquid-liquid extraction were separated by TLC on silica gel 60 GF254 by ascending and horizontal technique using suitable mobile phases...
- Some behavioral effects of 1,3-di-o-tolylguanidine, opipramol and sertraline, the sigma site ligandsJ Maj
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 48:379-95. 19961,3-Di-o-tolylguanidine (DTG), opipramol (OPI) and sertraline (SER), sigma site ligands, were studied in Wistar rats and Albino Swiss mice, mainly with regard to their interaction with dopamine drugs...
- Fatal poisoning with the antidepressive agent opipramolG Skopp
Institute of Legal Medicine, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 77:45-51. 1996An ingestion of an unknown quantity ( < or = 3000 mg) of opipramol dihydrochloride in a suicide case is described...
- Purification and amino-terminal sequencing of the high affinity phenylalkylamine Ca2+ antagonist binding protein from guinea pig liver endoplasmic reticulumF F Moebius
Institut fur Biochemische Pharmakologie, Universitat Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 269:29314-20. 1994..The purified protein retained its high affinity for the antiischemic drugs emopamil (Kd = 4 nM), opipramol (IC50 = 15 nM), trifluoperazine (IC50 = 2 nM), and for Zn2+ (IC50 = 2 microM)...
- Tricyclic antidepressants and dextromethorphan bind with higher affinity to the phencyclidine receptor in the absence of magnesium and L-glutamateM A Sills
Research Department, CIBA GEIGY Pharmaceutical Corp, Summit, New Jersey 07901
Mol Pharmacol 36:160-5. 1989..The TCAs imipramine, amitriptyline, and opipramol produced shallow inhibition curves in the absence of Mg2+ and L-GLU...
- High affinity dextromethorphan binding sites in guinea pig brain. Effect of sigma ligands and other agentsM Klein
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 251:207-15. 1989..The antidepressant opipramol and the benzomorphan (+)2'methoxyphenazocine were the most effective drugs tested, with Ki values of 0.4 nM...
- Some central effects of opipramol given repeatedlyG Skuza
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow
Pol J Pharmacol Pharm 42:425-31. 1990Some central effects of opipramol administered repeatedly (twice daily, 14 days) were studied in rats and mice. Repeated or acute treatment with opipramol did not change the locomotor activity of rats...
- Opipramol, a potent sigma ligand, is an anti-ischemic agent: neurochemical evidence for an interaction with the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor complex in vivo by cerebellar cGMP measurementsT S Rao
CNS Diseases Research, G D Searle and Co, Monsanto Company, St Louis, Missouri 63198
Neuropharmacology 29:1199-204. 1990b>Opipramol, a potent sigma ligand and a tricyclic antidepressant compound, provided significant neuronal protection (P less than 0...
- [3H]opipramol labels a novel binding site and sigma receptors in rat brain membranesC D Ferris
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Neuroscience, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
Mol Pharmacol 39:199-204. 1991b>Opipramol (OP), a clinically effective antidepressant with a tricyclic structure, is inactive as an inhibitor of biogenic amine uptake...
- Hepatitis caused by antidepressive therapy with maprotiline and opipramolJ S Braun
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 31:152-5. 1998..developed severe laboratory abnormalities and clinical symptoms during therapy with maprotiline (Ludiomil) and opipramol (Insidon)...
- Opipramol for the treatment of somatoform disorders results from a placebo-controlled trialH P Volz
Psychiatric Department, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Philosophenweg 3, D 07740, Jena, Germany
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 10:211-7. 2000Although somatoform disorders are highly prevalent, so far there is no established pharmacological treatment. Opipramol is a psychopharmacon widely prescribed in Germany...
- Urine sample preparation of tricyclic antidepressants by means of a supported liquid membrane technique for high-performance liquid chromatographic analysisJ Trocewicz
Department of Chemical Physics, Faculty of Chemistry, M Curie Sklodowska University, 20 031 Lublin, Poland
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 801:213-20. 2004..The studied antidepressant drugs were amitriptyline, opipramol, noxiptyline and additionally diethazine was used as possible internal standard...
- Specific modulation of sigma binding sites by the anxiolytic drug opipramolG Holoubek
Department of Pharmacology, Biocenter University Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
J Neural Transm 110:1169-79. 2003The atypical anxiolytic and antidepressive drug opipramol binds with high affinity to sigma1 and somewhat lower affinity to sigma2 sites. After subchronic treatment, opipramol significantly down-regulated sigma2 but not sigma1 sites...
- Bioavailability of opipramol from a film-coated tablet, a sugar-coated tablet and an aqueous solution in healthy volunteersFrieder Kees
Department of Pharmacology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 53:87-92. 2003b>Opipramol (4-[3-(5H-dibenz[b,f]-azepine-5-yl)-propyl]-1-piperazine-ethanol dihydrochloride, CAS 315-72-0) is regarded as an anxiolytic compound with antidepressant properties, and it is one of the most frequently prescribed psychotropic ..
- The treatment of generalised anxiety disorder. A systematic reviewC K Gale
South Auckland Clinical School and Division of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Panminerva Med 44:283-6. 2002..Cognitive therapy, anxiety management therapy, certain antidepressants (paroxetine, imipramine, trazodone, opipramol), benzodiazeines and buspirone are effective treatments for GAD...
- Effects of opipramol as an evening anaesthesiologic premedicationKlaus Gerlach
University of Lubeck, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Lubeck, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 46:161-6. 2002To date, opipramol has not been examined within the context of evening premedication in anaesthesiology. A suitable drug for such an application should induce anxiolytic and sleep-favouring effects...
- Simultaneous determination of seven tricyclic antidepressant drugs in human plasma by direct-injection HPLC-APCI-MS-MS with an ion trap detectorManfred Kollroser
Institute of Forensic Medicine, Karl Franzens University Graz, Graz, Austria
Ther Drug Monit 24:537-44. 2002..quantitation of seven tricyclic antidepressants-amitriptyline, nortriptyline, doxepin, dosulepin, dibenzepin, opipramol, and melitracen-in human plasma. After the addition of the internal standard lofepramine and dilution with 0...
- Determination of opipramol in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography with photometric detection using a cyanopropyl columnF Kees
Department of Pharmacology, University of Regensburg, Germany
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 753:337-42. 2001A high-performance liquid chromatographic method is described for the determination of opipramol in human plasma. Opipramol was extracted into tert.-butylmethyl ether, separated on a cyanopropyl silica column and detected at 254 nm...
- Opipramol for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: a placebo-controlled trial including an alprazolam-treated groupH J Moller
Psychiatrische Klinik der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:59-65. 2001b>Opipramol, a drug widely prescribed in Germany, is a tricyclic compound with no reuptake-inhibiting properties. However, it has pronounced D2-, 5-HT2-, and H1-blocking potential and high affinity to sigma receptors (sigma-1 and sigma-2)...
- [Drug rebound headaches]A Prusinski
Katedry i Kliniki Neurologii AM w Lodzi
Neurol Neurochir Pol 32:31-7. 1999..Antidepressants are given for their alleviation. The author prescribes opipramol /Pramolan/ which is taken by increments from half tablet up to three in 6 days and the treatment is then ..
- [(3)H]-trimetazidine mitochondrial binding sites: regulation by cations, effect of trimetazidine derivatives and other agents and interaction with an endogenous substanceD Morin
Departement de Pharmacologie, Faculté de Médecine de Paris XII, F 94010 Creteil, France
Br J Pharmacol 130:655-63. 2000..Among the drugs tested pentazocine, ifenprodil, opipramol, perphenazine, haloperidol, and to a lower extent prenylamine, carbetapentane and dextromethorphan competed with ..
- A case of 'auto-immune thrombocytopenic purpura' serologically similar to post-transfusion purpuraE Taaning
Department of Clinical Immunology and Blood Bank, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Glostrup, Denmark
Vox Sang 62:108-12. 1992..However, the present patient had no history of blood transfusion prior to the unset of purpura and the thrombocytopenia had persisted 6 months before splenectomy...
- Expanding the therapeutic window for stroke treatment.KEITH PENNYPACKER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Moreover, we will test the sigma receptor ligand opipramol in our stroke model...