Genomes and Genes
Summary: A tricyclic dibenzazepine compound that potentiates neurotransmission. Desipramine selectively blocks reuptake of norepinephrine from the neural synapse, and also appears to impair serotonin transport. This compound also possesses minor anticholinergic activity, through its affinity to muscarinic receptors.
Publications270 found, 100 shown here
- Treatment with desipramine improves breathing and survival in a mouse model for Rett syndromeJean Christophe Roux
INSERM, U491, Faculte de Medecine de la Timone, Marseille, F 13385, France
Eur J Neurosci 25:1915-22. 2007..We showed here that treating these mice with desipramine (DMI), which specifically inhibits NE reuptake, significantly improved their respiratory rhythm during several ..
- New insights on the use of desipramine as an inhibitor for acid ceramidaseSaeed Elojeimy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, P O Box 250504, 173 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
FEBS Lett 580:4751-6. 2006Treatment of different cancer cell lines with desipramine induced a time- and dose-dependent downregulation of acid ceramidase...
- Effects of methylphenidate, desipramine, and L-dopa on attention and inhibition in children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderC C E Overtoom
Department of Psychopharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Utrecht University, P O BOX 80082, 3508 TB, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Behav Brain Res 145:7-15. 2003..administered in order to affect both transmitter systems more selectively, L-dopa (dopamine (DA) agonist) and desipramine (DMI) (noradrenaline (NA) re-uptake inhibitor)...
- Anti-inflammatory properties of desipramine and fluoxetineCaroline Roumestan
INSERM, U454, Montpellier, France
Respir Res 8:35. 2007..We also analysed whether antidepressants act directly on peripheral cell types that participate in the inflammatory response in these diseases...
- Magnesium-deficient diet alters depression- and anxiety-related behavior in mice--influence of desipramine and Hypericum perforatum extractNicolas Singewald
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institute of Pharmacy and CMBI, Leopold Franzens University of Innsbruck, Peter Mayr Str 1, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Neuropharmacology 47:1189-97. 2004..Chronic oral administration of desipramine (30 mg/kg/day), or Hypericum extract LI160 (Hyp, 380 mg/kg/day) prevented the "pro-depression-like" forced swim ..
- Desipramine activated Bcl-2 expression and inhibited lipopolysaccharide-induced apoptosis in hippocampus-derived adult neural stem cellsYu Yin Huang
Department of Anesthesiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Sci 104:61-72. 2007b>Desipramine (DP) is a tricyclic antidepressant used for treating depression and numerous other psychiatric disorders. Recent studies have shown that DP can promote neurogenesis and improve the survival rate of hippocampal neurons...
- Norepinephrine transporter regulation mediates the long-term behavioral effects of the antidepressant desipramineZaorui Zhao
Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, West Virginia University Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:3190-200. 2008The relationship between the ability of repeated desipramine treatment to cause downregulation of the norepinephrine transporter (NET) and produce antidepressant-like effects on behavior was determined...
- Desipramine treatment reduces the long-term behavioural and neurochemical sequelae of early-life maternal separationGlenda M MacQueen
Mood Disorders Program, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 6:391-6. 2003..differences was apparent in maternally separated mice that received chronic treatment with the antidepressant desipramine after maternal separation...
- Oral treatment with desipramine improves breathing and life span in Rett syndrome mouse modelSebastien Zanella
MP3 Respiration, UMR CNRS 6153, 280 Boulevard Sainte Marguerite, 13009 Marseille, France
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 160:116-21. 2008..Here, we show that long-term oral treatment of Mecp2-deficient male mice with desipramine, an old drug of clinical use known to block norepinephrine uptake and to strengthen its synaptic effects, ..
- Comparison of desipramine and citalopram treatments for depression in Parkinson's disease: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyDavid Devos
Department of Neurology, IFR114, Institute of Predictive Medicine and Therapeutic Research, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France
Mov Disord 23:850-7. 2008..The short-term efficacy (after 14 and 30 days) of two antidepressants (desipramine, a predominantly noradrenergic reuptake inhibitor tricyclic and citalopram, a SSRI) was assessed in a double-..
- LeuT-desipramine structure reveals how antidepressants block neurotransmitter reuptakeZheng Zhou
Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine at the Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine and Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Science 317:1390-3. 2007..leucine transporter (LeuT), a homolog of SERT, NET, and DAT, in complex with leucine and the antidepressant desipramine. Desipramine binds at the inner end of the extracellular cavity of the transporter and is held in place by a ..
- Effects of chronic antidepressant treatments on serotonin transporter function, density, and mRNA levelS Benmansour
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78284, USA
J Neurosci 19:10494-501. 1999..serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) paroxetine or sertraline, the selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor desipramine (DMI), or the monoamine oxidase inhibitor phenelzine...
- Prolonged desipramine treatment increases the production of interleukin-10, an anti-inflammatory cytokine, in C57BL/6 mice subjected to the chronic mild stress model of depressionM Kubera
Department of Endocrinology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 31-343 Krakow, Poland
J Affect Disord 63:171-8. 2001..The aims of the present study were to examine the effects of desipramine, a tricyclic antidepressant, on the IRS in C57BL/6 mice with and without exposure to chronic mild stress (CMS)...
- Computer assisted video analysis of swimming performance in a forced swim test: simultaneous assessment of duration of immobility and swimming style in mice selected for high and low swim-stress induced analgesiaGrzegorz R Juszczak
Department of Animal Behavior, Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences, Jastrzebiec, 05 552 Wolka Kosowska, Poland
Physiol Behav 95:400-7. 2008..It was found that both parameters of immobility were sensitive to the effect of an antidepressant, desipramine, and that they yielded similar results when applied to mice that are good swimmers...
- Desipramine protects neuronal cell death and induces heme oxygenase-1 expression in Mes23.5 dopaminergic neuronsHsiao Yun Lin
Department of Life Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e50138. 2012b>Desipramine is known principally as a tricyclic antidepressant drug used to promote recovery of depressed patients. It has also been used in a number of other psychiatric and medical conditions...
- Evidence for increased expression of the vesicular glutamate transporter, VGLUT1, by a course of antidepressant treatmentRosa M Tordera
University Department of Pharmacology, Oxford, UK
J Neurochem 94:875-83. 2005..Repeated treatment with fluoxetine, paroxetine or desipramine increased VGLUT1 mRNA abundance in frontal, orbital, cingulate and parietal cortices, and regions of the ..
- Differential effects of the tricyclic antidepressant desipramine on the density of adrenergic receptors in juvenile and adult ratsJean D Deupree
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5800, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 321:770-6. 2007Although the tricyclic antidepressants, such as desipramine (DMI), are among the most efficacious treatments for adult depression, they are not effective in treating childhood and adolescent depression...
- Desipramine attenuates working memory impairments induced by partial loss of catecholamines in the rat medial prefrontal cortexS M Clinton
Mental Health Research Institute and Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 183:404-12. 2006....
- Antidepressant-like effect of tramadol and its enantiomers in reserpinized mice: comparative study with desipramine, fluvoxamine, venlafaxine and opiatesM Olga Rojas-Corrales
Pharmacology and Neuroscience Research Group, Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cadiz, Cadiz, Spain
J Psychopharmacol 18:404-11. 2004..Moreover, we compared the effects of tramadol and its enantiomers with those of antidepressants (desipramine, fluvoxamine and venlafaxine) and opiates [morphine (-)-methadone and levorphanol]...
- Desipramine potentiation of the acute depressant effects of ethanol: modulation by alpha2-adrenoreceptors and stressJanel M Boyce-Rustay
Laboratory for Integrative Neuroscience, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD, USA
Neuropharmacology 55:803-11. 2008..Transporter blockers with varying affinity for NET versus the serotonin transporter (desipramine>fluoxetine>citalopram) were tested for their ability to alter ethanol's depressant effects, and for ..
- Desipramine prevents stress-induced changes in depressive-like behavior and hippocampal markers of neuroprotectionJavier A Bravo
Laboratory of Neuroplasticity and Neurogenetics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Behav Pharmacol 20:273-85. 2009..Here, we investigated whether chronic restraint stress (14 days) and antidepressant treatment [desipramine (DMI), 10 mg/kg intraperitoneally] induce changes in animal behavior and hippocampal levels of phospho-ERK1/2 ..
- Fluoxetine, desipramine, and the dual antidepressant milnacipran reduce alcohol self-administration and/or relapse in dependent ratsEmmanuelle Simon O'Brien
Equipe Région INSERM ERI 24, Groupe de Recherche sur l Alcool et les Pharmacodépendances, Universite de Picardie Jules Verne, Faculte de Pharmacie, Amiens, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1518-30. 2011..in acutely withdrawn ethanol-dependent and in -non-dependent Wistar rats, and used fluoxetine and desipramine to dissect both 5-HT and NE components, respectively, in the effect of milnacipran...
- Group housing of mice increases immobility and antidepressant sensitivity in the forced swim and tail suspension testsB Karolewicz
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Science, , 31-343, Krakow, Poland
Eur J Pharmacol 415:197-201. 2001..Group housed mice displayed high levels of immobility in the forced swim and tail suspension tests. Desipramine injection 60 min prior testing, in doses 7...
- Age-dependent stimulatory effect of desipramine and fluoxetine pretreatment on metastasis formation by B16F10 melanoma in male C57BL/6 miceMarta Kubera
Department of Experimental Neuroendocrinology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, Pl 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 61:1113-26. 2009..The aim of this study was to compare the effect of desipramine (a tricyclic antidepressant, TCA) and fluoxetine (a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, SSRI) on tumor ..
- Evidence for feeding elicited through antihistaminergic effects of tricyclic antidepressants in the rat hypothalamusK Ookuma
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 101:481-5. 1990..induced feeding after their infusion into the third cerebral ventricle in the light phase, but the tricyclic, desipramine, and the dicyclic zimelidine, did not. Drinking was not affected by any compound tested...
- A double-blind, multicenter, parallel-group study of paroxetine, desipramine, or placebo in breast cancer patients (stages I, II, III, and IV) with major depressionDominique L Musselman
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:288-96. 2006This study compared the efficacy and safety of paroxetine and desipramine with those of placebo in the treatment of depressive disorders in adult women with breast cancer, stages I-IV.
- Antidepressant-induced undesirable weight gain: prevention with rimonabant without interference with behavioral effectivenessNikolai Gobshtis
Department of Behavioral Sciences, College of Judea and Samaria, Ariel, Israel
Eur J Pharmacol 554:155-63. 2007..SR141716, 5 mg/kg) interfered with the tricyclic antidepressant desipramine (15 mg/kg) or the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor fluoxetine (20 mg/kg) in the Porsolt forced swimming ..
- Sensitivity of the five-choice serial reaction time task to the effects of various psychotropic drugs in Sprague-Dawley ratsTracie A Paine
Behavioral Genetics Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:687-93. 2007..The five-choice serial reaction time task (5CSRTT) is one such model. Here, we characterized the effects of four standard psychotropic agents on performance in the 5CSRTT...
- Serotonergic mediation of the effects of fluoxetine, but not desipramine, in the rat forced swimming testM E Page
Departments of Psychiatry and Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, 3620 Hamilton Walk, 320 John Morgan Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 147:162-7. 1999..Distinct patterns of active behaviors in the FST may be mediated by distinct neurotransmitters, but this has not been shown directly...
- Acute treatment with the cyclic antidepressant desipramine, but not fluoxetine, increases membrane-associated G protein-coupled receptor kinases 2/3 in rat brainA Miralles
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology, Associate Unit of the Institute Cajal CSIC, Department of Biology, University of the Balearic Islands, Cra Valldemossa Km 7 5, E 07071, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Neuropharmacology 43:1249-57. 2002..designed to assess the in vivo indirect activation of adrenoceptors or 5-HT receptors by the reuptake blocker desipramine or fluoxetine on the cellular distribution of GRK 2/3 in rat brain...
- Sequential metabolism of secondary alkyl amines to metabolic-intermediate complexes: opposing roles for the secondary hydroxylamine and primary amine metabolites of desipramine, (s)-fluoxetine, and N-desmethyldiltiazemKelsey L Hanson
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Box 357610, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:963-72. 2010Three secondary amines desipramine (DES), (S)-fluoxetine [(S)-FLX], and N-desmethyldiltiazem (MA) undergo N-hydroxylation to the corresponding secondary hydroxylamines [N-hydroxydesipramine, (S)-N-hydroxyfluoxetine, and N-hydroxy-N-..
- Effects of desipramine treatment on tyrosine hydroxylase gene expression in cultured neuroblastoma cells and rat brain tissueMeng Yang Zhu
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 133:167-75. 2005..We examined effects of the selective norepinephrine-transporter (NET) inhibitor antidepressant desipramine (DMI) on expression of TH in human neuroblastoma cells (SK-N-BEM17) and in rat brain regions...
- The antidepressant desipramine and α2-adrenergic receptor activation promote breast tumor progression in association with altered collagen structureMercedes J Szpunar
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester Medical Center, Goergen Hall, RC Box 270168, Rochester, NY 14627
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:1262-72. 2013..Chronic treatment with the antidepressant desipramine (DMI) to inhibit norepinephrine reuptake increased 4T1 tumor growth but not metastasis...
- Identification of discrete sites of action of chronic treatment with desipramine in a model of neuropathic painK L Jones
Institute of Neuroscience, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Neuropharmacology 56:405-13. 2009..with functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to investigate the effects of chronic treatment with the TCA desipramine, on touch-evoked pain (mechanical allodynia) and brain regional activity in the selective spinal nerve ligation ..
- Comparison of desipramine or carbamazepine to placebo for crack cocaine-dependent patientsJan Campbell
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Am J Addict 12:122-36. 2003The authors compared the effects of desipramine or carbamazepine to placebo in an intensive outpatient program for cocaine abuse...
- Treatment with escitalopram but not desipramine decreases escape latency times in a learned helplessness model using juvenile ratsAbbey L Reed
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 985800 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5800, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 205:249-59. 2009..Our current understanding of why these differences occur is very limited...
- Chronic antidepressant treatment increases the membrane expression of AMPA receptors in rat hippocampusRebeca Martinez-Turrillas
Universidad de Navarra, Facultad de Medicina Dept de Farmacologia, C Irunlarrea 1, Pamplona 31008, Spain
Neuropharmacology 43:1230-7. 2002..Here we studied the acute and chronic effect of the antidepressants desipramine and paroxetine, which differentially affect monoamine reuptake, on the expression of the AMPAR subunits GluR1 ..
- Desipramine modulation of alpha-, gamma-synuclein, and the norepinephrine transporter in an animal model of depressionALEXIS M JEANNOTTE
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cell Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:987-98. 2009..The NET-selective antidepressant desipramine (DMI) was chronically administered for 14 days to WKY rats and the strain from which it was outbred that does ..
- The combined effects of chronic ethanol/desipramine treatment on beta-adrenoceptor density and coupling efficiency in rat brainG N Gurguis
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 363:241-51. 1998Both ethanol and desipramine influence beta-adrenoceptor regulation. We reported previously that ethanol partially counteracted desipramine's effects on beta-adrenoceptor...
- A comparison between chronic exercise training and desipramine as treatments for the depression-like behavior of early-life maternal deprivation ratsTung Yi Huang
Department of Physiology, Medical College of National Cheng Kung University, Tainan City 717, Taiwan
Neurosci Lett 480:201-5. 2010..By using this model, the curative effects of exercise training and desipramine, a tricyclic antidepressant, on the improvement of depression-like behavior in rats were compared...
- Comparative study of the effects of desipramine and reboxetine on locus coeruleus neurons in rat brain slicesLaura Grandoso
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Basque Country, E 48940 Leioa, Vizcaya, Spain
Neuropharmacology 46:815-23. 2004..using single-unit extracellular recordings, the in vitro effects of the noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors desipramine and reboxetine, on locus coeruleus neurons from control rats and from those chronically treated with ..
- Differential regulation of central BDNF protein levels by antidepressant and non-antidepressant drug treatmentsDarrick T Balu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Brain Res 1211:37-43. 2008..Chronic (21 days), but not acute (1 day), treatment with the tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) desipramine (10 mg/kg), the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) fluoxetine (10 mg/kg), and the monoamine oxidase ..
- Potentially toxic serum concentrations of desipramine after discontinuation of valproic acidA B Joseph
McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA
Brain Inj 7:463-5. 1993..is presented in which a commonly used anticonvulsant drug, valproic acid, and a commonly used antidepressant, desipramine, interacted in such a manner as to cause potentially toxic serum concentrations of desipramine...
- Desipramine reduces stress-activated dynorphin expression and CREB phosphorylation in NAc tissueElena H Chartoff
Department of Psychiatry, Behavioral Genetics Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Pharmacol 75:704-12. 2009..Here, we demonstrate that desipramine (DMI), a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor that has been used for decades to treat clinical depression, blocks ..
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy versus education and desipramine versus placebo for moderate to severe functional bowel disordersDouglas A Drossman
UNC Center for Functional GI and Motility Disorders, Division of Digestive Diseases, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7080, USA
Gastroenterology 125:19-31. 2003..to assess the clinical efficacy and safety of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) against education (EDU) and desipramine (DES) against placebo (PLA) in female patients with moderate to severe FBD (irritable bowel syndrome, ..
- An in vitro mechanistic study to elucidate the desipramine/bupropion clinical drug-drug interactionMelinda J Reese
Departments of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, GlaxoSmithKline, Inc, Room MAI A227D, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:1198-201. 2008There are documented clinical drug-drug interactions between bupropion and the CYP2D6-metabolized drug desipramine resulting in marked (5-fold) increases in desipramine exposure...
- Desipramine attenuates forced swim test-induced behavioral and neurochemical alterations in mice: an in vivo(1)H-MRS study at 9.4TSang Young Kim
Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Brain Res 1348:105-13. 2010..The objective of this study was to examine the effects of desipramine (DMI) pretreatment on behavioral and regional neurochemical responses in the left dorsolateral prefrontal ..
- Saredutant, an NK2 receptor antagonist, has both antidepressant-like effects and synergizes with desipramine in an animal model of depressionDavid H Overstreet
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7178, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 96:206-10. 2010..of depression, the Flinders Sensitive Line (FSL) rat, and to assess whether saredutant might synergize with desipramine to produce antidepressant-like effects at doses not seen with the individual compounds...
- Interactions of acid sphingomyelinase and lipid bilayers in the presence of the tricyclic antidepressant desipramineMelanie Kolzer
Kekule Institut fur Organische Chemie und Biochemie, Universitat Bonn, Gerhard Domagk Str 1, D 53121 Bonn, Germany
FEBS Lett 559:96-8. 2004The tricyclic antidepressant desipramine causes a decrease in cellular acid sphingomyelinase (A-SMase, EC 184.108.40.206) activity when added to culture medium of human fibroblasts...
- Effect of citalopram in the modified forced swim test in ratsMaciej Kusmider
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, Pl 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 59:785-8. 2007..5 and 15 mg/kg) in the modified forced swim test (FST) in Wistar rats, in comparison to the effect of desipramine at the same doses...
- Antidepressant desipramine leads to C6 glioma cell autophagy: implication for the adjuvant therapy of cancerJian Ma
Department of Pharmacology, Taishan Medical University School of Pharmaceutical Science, Changcheng Road, Taian 271016, China
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 13:254-60. 2013..Antidepressant desipramine (DMI) is clinically prescribed in the auxiliary treatment of cancer patients...
- Norepinephrine involvement in antidepressant actionA Frazer
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and South Texas Veterans Health Care System, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:25-30. 2000..g., desipramine)...
- Peripheral antinociceptive actions of desipramine and fluoxetine in an inflammatory and neuropathic pain test in the ratJ Sawynok
Department of Pharmacology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pain 82:149-58. 1999..In the present study, we determined whether desipramine, a selective NA reuptake inhibitor, and fluoxetine, a selective 5-HT reuptake inhibitor, could produce ..
- Desipramine or glutamate antagonists synergized the antidepressant-like actions of intra-nucleus accumbens infusions of minocycline in male Wistar ratsMiguel Molina-Hernandez
Laboratorio de Psicobiología y Etología, Instituto de Investigaciones Psicologicas, Universidad Veracruzana, Jalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1660-6. 2008..0 microg, P<0.05; 1.5 microg, P<0.05) in the FST. Likewise, systemic injections of desipramine (P<0.05), fluoxetine (P<0.05) or several glutamate receptor antagonists: EMQMCM (P<0.05), MTEP (P<0...
- Myocardial interstitial norepinephrine and dihydroxyphenylglycol levels during ischemia and reperfusionT Akiyama
Department of Cardiac Physiology, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishiro dai, Suita, 565 8565, Osaka
Cardiovasc Res 49:78-85. 2001..The aim was to elucidate the relation between norepinephrine (NE) release and intraneuronal NE kinetics in the ischemic region of the in vivo heart...
- Age-related changes in rat serotonergic and adrenergic systems and in receptor responsiveness to subchronic desipramine treatmentN Brunello
Center of Neuropharmacology, University of Milano, Italy
Pharmacol Toxicol 63:150-5. 1988..There were no age-related changes in the responsiveness of investigated binding sites to subchronic desipramine treatment; the density of beta-noradrenergic and 5-HT-2 serotonergic receptors and that of 3H-IMI binding sites ..
- Effects of desipramine treatment on norepinephrine transporter gene expression in the cultured SK-N-BE(2)M17 cells and rat brain tissueMeng Yang Zhu
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
J Neurochem 82:146-53. 2002The antidepressant desipramine (DMI) is a selective inhibitor of norepinephrine (NE) transport that down-regulates the norepinephrine transporter (NET) protein in a concentration- and time-dependent manner in vitro...
- Enhanced norepinephrine output during long-term desipramine treatment: a possible role for the extraneuronal monoamine transporter (SLC22A3)John J Mooney
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Psychiatr Res 42:605-11. 2008..reuptake inhibitor antidepressants and onset of clinical antidepressant action, we examined the effects of desipramine treatment on urinary and plasma catecholamines and their metabolites during the initial 6 weeks of treatment in ..
- Inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake and size of myocardial infarction during focal ischemia and after preconditioningS E Naumenko
Institute of Physiology, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 150:15-7. 2010..Experiments on rats showed that blockade of norepinephrine reuptake in the early reperfusion period after focal myocardial ischemia aggravates myocardial injury and abolishes the protective effect of ischemic preconditioning...
- Metabolism of desipramine in Japanese psychiatric patients: the impact of CYP2D6 genotype on the hydroxylation of desipramineK Shimoda
Department of Psychiatry, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Pharmacol Toxicol 86:245-9. 2000We investigated the impact of the genotype of CYP2D6 on the hydroxylation of desipramine in eighteen patients who were administered desipramine hydrochloride per os...
- Delayed effects of antidepressant drugs in ratsMaciej Kusmider
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
Behav Pharmacol 17:641-9. 2006..Here, we report on the effects of desipramine given to rats acutely (and tested following 2 drug-free weeks) as when the drug was administered repeatedly, on ..
- Inhibition of the norepinephrine transporter improves behavioral flexibility in rats and monkeysEmanuele Seu
Department of Psychology, University of California Los Angeles, P O Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 202:505-19. 2009....
- Side effects of desipramine and ageCathryn A Galanter
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York 10032, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 12:137-45. 2002..Few data exist on the impact of age on side effects. This study compares desipramine-associated side effects in children, adolescents, and adults.
- Ischemic preconditioning attenuates cardiac sympathetic nerve injury via ATP-sensitive potassium channels during myocardial ischemiaT Miura
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Circulation 104:1053-8. 2001..Thus, this study was designed to elucidate whether the activation of ATP-sensitive potassium (K(ATP)) channels is involved in the mechanism of cardiac sympathetic nerve protection conferred by PC...
- Regulation of GAP-43 expression by chronic desipramine treatment in rat cultured hippocampal cellsBiao Chen
Department of Psychiatry, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 53:530-7. 2003..Identification of novel targets for antidepressants in hippocampus is important to understanding their therapeutic effects...
- The antidepressant desipramine is an arrestin-biased ligand at the α(2A)-adrenergic receptor driving receptor down-regulation in vitro and in vivoChristopher Cottingham
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 286:36063-75. 2011The neurobiological mechanisms of action underlying antidepressant drugs remain poorly understood. Desipramine (DMI) is an antidepressant classically characterized as an inhibitor of norepinephrine reuptake...
- Exploratory behaviour and grooming after repeated restraint and chronic mild stress: effect of desipramineP S D'Aquila
Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Via Muroni 23 A, I 07100, Sassari, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 399:43-7. 2000In a previous study, we have recently shown that chronic treatment with desipramine either reduced or potentiated the locomotor response to the dopamine D(2)-like receptor agonist quinpirole, a behavioural response mediated by the ..
- Behavioral effects of beta adrenergic agonists and antidepressant drugs after down-regulation of beta-2 adrenergic receptors by clenbuterolJ M O'Donnell
Life Sciences Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, New Mexico
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 254:147-57. 1990..By contrast, the effects of the beta-1 selective agonists dobutamine and prenalterol and the antidepressants desipramine, phenelzine and fluoxetine on DRL behavior were unaltered after repeated treatment with clenbuterol...
- Changes in thyroid hormone levels associated with desipramine response in adolescent depressionS T Sokolov
Department of Psychiatry, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 20:1053-63. 1996..patients (4 male, 8 female; age 14-19y) in the active treatment arm of a double-blind, placebo-controlled desipramine trial (200 mg/day for 6 weeks)...
- Down-regulation of norepinephrine transporter expression on membrane surface induced by chronic administration of desipramine and the antagonism by co-administration of local anesthetics in miceL Song
Department of Dental Pharmacology, Division of Integrated Medical Science, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Kasumi 1 2 3, Mimami ku, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Neurochem Int 52:826-33. 2008We have previously shown that chronic administration of the antidepressant desipramine, a norepinephrine transporter (NET) inhibitor to mice markedly enhanced convulsions induced by local anesthetics and that behavioral sensitization may ..
- Synthesis and positron emission tomography evaluation of three norepinephrine transporter radioligands: [C-11]desipramine, [C-11]talopram and [C-11]talsupramMagnus Schou
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Karolinska Hospital, S 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Imaging Biol 8:1-8. 2006b>Desipramine (DMI), talopram and talsupram, three of the most potent norepinephrine transporter (NET) inhibitors reported to date, were radiolabeled in high yields and at high specific radioactivity (58-75 GBq/micromol) by the methylation ..
- Regulation of norepinephrine transporter abundance by catecholamines and desipramine in vivoDavid Weinshenker
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Box 357370, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Brain Res 946:239-46. 2002..Chronic treatment with the NET inhibitor, desipramine (DMI), reduced NET levels in both control and Dbh -/- mice, demonstrating that NE is not required for the ..
- Influence of the antidepressants desipramine and fluoxetine on tryptophan-2,3-dioxygenase in the presence of exogenous melatoninH A Walsh
University of Fort Hare, Alice, South Africa
Life Sci 62:2417-23. 1998The effects of desipramine and fluoxetine were examined on rat hepatic tryptophan-2,3-dioxygenase activity in the presence or absence of exogenous melatonin. Male Wistar rats were treated intraperitoneally over 8 days...
- Lithium augmentation of the effects of desipramine in a mouse model of treatment-resistant depression: a role for hippocampal cell proliferationO F O'Leary
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, University College Cork, Ireland
Neuroscience 228:36-46. 2013..we investigated whether chronic treatment with a combination of lithium and the tricyclic antidepressant, desipramine, could produce antidepressant-like behaviour in a mouse strain (BALB/cOLaHsd) that exhibited reduced ..
- Citalopram versus desipramine in treatment resistant depression: effect of continuation or switching strategies: a randomized open studyDaniel Souery
Laboratoire de Psychologie Médicale, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, and Centre Européen de Psychologie Médicale PsyPluriel, Brussels, Belgium
World J Biol Psychiatry 12:364-75. 2011..to respond to a previous antidepressant were randomised to four arms: firstly they received citalopram or desipramine for a 4-week period; secondly, those who failed to respond were treated for a further 4-week period with the ..
- Regulation of CCL2/MCP-1 production in astrocytes by desipramine and atomoxetine: involvement of α2 adrenergic receptorsAra E Hinojosa
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense de Madrid and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Brain Res Bull 86:326-33. 2011..The treatment of primary rat astrocyte cultures with the noradrenaline transporter inhibitors desipramine or atomoxetine induced the expression and synthesis of CCL2/MCP-1 in these cells...
- Impact of CYP2D6 intermediate metabolizer alleles on single-dose desipramine pharmacokineticsKatherine D Furman
Department of Pharmacogenetics, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 6217, USA
Pharmacogenetics 14:279-84. 2004This study utilized cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) genotypes to explain variability of desipramine pharmacokinetics in a cohort of non-poor metabolizer individuals...
- Evaluation of the reinforcing effects of atomoxetine in monkeys: comparison to methylphenidate and desipramineSunmee Wee
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Division of Neurobiology and Behavior Research, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 75:271-6. 2004..When behavior was stable, atomoxetine (0.03-3.0 mg/kg per injection), desipramine (0.1-3.0 mg/kg per injection), methylphenidate (0.001-0...
- Possible role of citalopram and desipramine against sleep deprivation-induced anxiety like-behavior alterations and oxidative damage in miceRuchika Garg
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160 014, India
Indian J Exp Biol 46:770-6. 2008..The present study was designed to explore the neuroprotecitve effect of citalopram and desipramine on 72 hr sleep deprivation-induced behavioral alterations and oxidative damage in mice...
- Tyrosine depletion lowers dopamine synthesis and desipramine-induced prefrontal cortex catecholamine levelsRodolfo Bongiovanni
Psychiatry Service, Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Brecksville, OH 44141, USA
Brain Res 1190:39-48. 2008..of large neutral amino acids (LNAA-) IP to lower brain tyrosine, and the norepinephrine transporter inhibitor desipramine (DMI) 10 mg/kg IP to raise MPFC DA levels without affecting DA synthesis...
- The effect of chronic oral desipramine on capsaicin-induced allodynia and hyperalgesia: a double-blinded, placebo-controlled, crossover studyMark S Wallace
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Anesth Analg 95:973-8, table of contents. 2002..Subjects participated in 2 14-day study sessions separated by a 7-day washout period. One session was with desipramine and one with placebo...
- A double-blind comparison of desipramine and placebo in children and adolescents with chronic tic disorder and comorbid attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderThomas Spencer
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Psychiatry Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:649-56. 2002..To address this issue, we evaluated the tolerability and efficacy of the noradrenergic tricyclic antidepressant desipramine hydrochloride in the treatment of children and adolescents with chronic tic disorders and comorbid ADHD.
- Do desipramine [10,11-dihydro-5-[3-(methylamino) propyl]-5H-dibenz[b,f]azepine monohydrochloride] and fluoxetine [N-methyl-3-phenyl-3-[4-(trifluoromethyl)phenoxy]-propan-1-amine] ameliorate the extent of colonic damage induced by acetic acid in rats?Aida Ahmad Guemei
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:846-50. 2008..study was designed to compare the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of two antidepressant drugs, desipramine [10,11-dihydro-5-[3-(methylamino) propyl]-5H-dibenz-[b,f]azepine monohydrochloride] and fluoxetine [N-methyl-3-..
- hERG K+ channel-associated cardiac effects of the antidepressant drug desipramineIngo Staudacher
Department of Cardiology, Medical University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 383:119-39. 2011..Adverse effects precipitated by the tricyclic drug desipramine include prolonged QT intervals, torsade de pointes tachycardia, heart failure, and sudden cardiac death...
- Effects of catecholamine uptake blockers in the caudate-putamen and subregions of the medial prefrontal cortex of the ratM S Mazei
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Brain Res 936:58-67. 2002....
- Behavioral disinhibition requires dopamine receptor activationMarcel M van Gaalen
Department of Anatomy and Neurosciences, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research CNCR, VU Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 187:73-85. 2006..Behavioral disinhibition can be investigated by measuring premature responding in the 5-choice serial reaction time task (5-CSRTT) in which attentional parameters can be measured as well...
- Desipramine induces apoptotic cell death through nonmitochondrial and mitochondrial pathways in different types of human colon carcinoma cellsHideki Arimochi
Department of Molecular Bacteriology, Tokushima University School of Medicine, Tokushima, Japan
Pharmacology 81:164-72. 2008Cytotoxic effects of desipramine on human colon carcinoma HT29 and HCT116 cells were examined...
- The effect of escitalopram, desipramine, electroconvulsive seizures and lithium on brain-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA and protein expression in the rat brain and the correlation to 5-HT and 5-HIAA levelsJacob Pade Ramsøe Jacobsen
Department of Neurochemistry, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, DK 2500 Valby, Denmark
Brain Res 1024:183-92. 2004..cortex and hippocampus of the rat after chronic treatment with electroconvulsive seizures (ECS), lithium, desipramine or escitalopram. ECS increased BDNF mRNA and protein in the hippocampus and BDNF protein in the frontal cortex...
- Critical involvement of dopaminergic neurotransmission in impulsive decision makingMarcel M van Gaalen
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research, Free University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 60:66-73. 2006..Commonly prescribed for this condition, amphetamine (Adderall), reduces impulsive decision making; however, the neuropharmacologic mechanism of this effect of amphetamine is unclear...
- Inhibition of nonexocytotic norepinephrine release by desipramine reduces myocardial infarction sizeDoreen Richardt
Institut fur Experimentelle und Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Germany
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 84:1185-9. 2006..Five minutes prior to coronary occlusion, the NET inhibitor desipramine was administered intravenously...
- Effects of acute and subchronic treatments with fluoxetine and desipramine on the memory of fear in moderate and high-intensity contextual conditioningJulia M Santos
Laboratorio de Psicobiologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 542:121-8. 2006Selective serotonin and noradrenalin reuptake inhibitors such as fluoxetine and desipramine, respectively, are efficacious in the treatment of depression and chronic stress...
- Onset and early behavioral effects of pharmacologically different antidepressants and placebo in depressionMartin M Katz
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:566-79. 2004..selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), paroxetine, and the selective noradrenergic reuptake inhibitor, desipramine (DMI)...
- The SSRIs drug Fluoxetine, but not the noradrenergic tricyclic drug Desipramine, improves memory performance during acute major depressionYechiel Levkovitz
Shalvata Mental Health Center, Hod Hasharon, Israel
Brain Res Bull 58:345-50. 2002..be advantageous in this respect over treatment with the selective noradrenergic tricyclic antidepressant drug Desipramine (Deprexan)...
- Rapid down regulation of beta-adrenoceptors by co-administration of desipramine and fluoxetineB M Baron
Merrell Dow Research Institute, Cincinnati, OH 45215
Eur J Pharmacol 154:125-34. 1988Co-administration of desipramine and fluoxetine resulted in a 27% decline in cerebral cortical beta-adrenoceptor density after four days - a time point at which neither agent alone was effective...
- Decrease in brain serotonin 2 receptor binding in patients with major depression following desipramine treatment: a positron emission tomography study with fluorine-18-labeled setoperoneL N Yatham
Division of Mood Disorders, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Arch Gen Psychiatry 56:705-11. 1999..Our purpose, therefore, was to assess the effects of treatment with desipramine hydrochloride on brain 5-HT2 receptors in depressed patients using positron emission tomography (PET) and ..
- The tricyclic antidepressant desipramine inhibits T3 import into primary neuronsStephan Roth
Institute for Experimental Endocrinology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Neurosci Lett 478:5-8. 2010..MCT8 is expressed along the blood-brain-barrier and on central neurons. We have found that desipramine (DMI), a tricyclic antidepressant, acts as an inhibitor of thyroid hormone transport by MCT8...
- Chronic treatment with desipramine improves cognitive performance of rats in an attentional set-shifting testM Danet S Lapiz
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Biomedical Neuroscience, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1000-10. 2007..in medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC) by chronic treatment with the selective norepinephrine (NE) reuptake blocker desipramine (DMI) may contribute to the beneficial cognitive effects of this antidepressant drug (AD)...
- Noradrenergic facilitation of shock-probe defensive burying in lateral septum of rats, and modulation by chronic treatment with desipramineCorina O Bondi
Department of Pharmacology, MC 7764, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:482-95. 2007..function, a regulatory process that may be pertinent to the anxiolytic effects of NE reuptake blockers such as desipramine (DMI)...
- Suicidality scores during double-blind fluoxetine and desipramine treatment in Mexican AmericansAnil Sharma
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:99-101. 2007
- Tyrosine administration does not affect desipramine-induced dopamine levels as measured in vivo in prefrontal cortexRodolfo Bongiovanni
Louis Stokes Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, 10000 Brecksville Road, Brecksville, OH 44141, USA
Brain Res 1054:203-6. 2005Using in vivo microdialysis, we examined whether tyrosine administration would potentiate the desipramine (DMI)-induced elevation of medial prefrontal cortex (MPFC) dopamine (DA) levels...
- Comparison of desipramine, amitriptyline, zimeldine and alaproclate in six animal models used to investigate antidepressant drugsW Danysz
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology of the Nervous System, Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Warsaw, Poland
Pharmacol Toxicol 62:42-50. 1988In the present paper the acute actions primarily of the tricyclic antidepressants amitriptyline and desipramine, the atypical antidepressant zimeldine and the potential antidepressant alaproclate were evaluated in six models used for ..
- Gamma-Synuclein-Mediated Regulation of Norepinephrine TransporterAnita Sidhu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Chronic treatment of these animals with desipramine [a NET blocker] reduces -Syn protein expression, while increasing ...
- Increased vulnerability of BDNF deficient mice to mild stressJULIE GORTON HENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also hypothesize that signs of behavioral depression will be reversed by the tricyclic antidepressant desipramine. Because estrogen positively modulates BDNF mRNA and protein within the hippocampus and cortex, which may make ..
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation &Antidepressants: c-Fos, deltaFosB and TrkB ActivationAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2012..in the FST and compare its effects to those produced by the selective noradrenergic reuptake inhibitor, desipramine, and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, sertraline, (2) use the chronic VNS protocol that has the best ..
- Alcoholism and Schizophrenia: A Translational Approach to TreatmentAlan I Green; Fiscal Year: 2012..rodents, will decrease alcohol drinking in rodents when combined with the norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor desipramine (DMI)...
- EFFICACY OF ANTIDEPRESSANTS IN CHRONIC BACK PAINJoseph H Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2013..the utility of a "personalized medicine" approach (targeted low concentration antidepressant treatment with desipramine) plus brief CBT to provide analgesia, and improved function and life quality in chronic back pain...
- Pharmacotherapy &CM for Opioid and Cocaine DependenceMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the first, the antidepressant desipramine (DMI) was evaluated in its ability to reduce cocaine use when combined with CM in an opioid-maintained ..
- Monoamine Transporter Regulation and Antidepressant ActivityJAMES O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..5) determining whether PKC or PP1/2A inhibition alters the neurochemical and behavioral effects of the NRI desipramine and the SRI sertraline...
- Biological Predictors of Response to AntidepressantsRamin V Parsey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Escitalopram is the SSRI and desipramine the SNRI of choice because at the doses we will administer, they are highly selective for the respective ..
- NEUROCHEMICALS IN HYPOTHALAMIC SIGNALING AFTER COITUSK Y Pau; Fiscal Year: 2000..in locus coeruleus (LC), while intrahypothalamic infusion of either prazosin (alpha1 adrenergic blocker) or desipramine (NET blocker) alters the GnRH/LH surge. The P.I...
- TAAR1 Agonists as Narcolepsy TherapeuticsThomas S Kilduff; Fiscal Year: 2013..efficacy of TAAR1 agonists against the known wake-promoting therapeutic modafinil and anti-cataplectic agent desipramine. We will also compare the dose- response effects of TAAR1 agonism in orexin/ataxin-3 mice with wild-type ..
- TREATMENT OF ADHD IN TOURETTE SYNDROMEHarvey Singer; Fiscal Year: 1990..therapy for ADHD in TS patients, the proposed study will compare the effects of two medications, clonidine and desipramine to placebo. Both of these medications have previously been successful in treating ADHD in non-TS children...
- CYTOCHROME P450 DEPENDENT METABOLISM OF DRUGS IN BRAINHENRY STROBEL; Fiscal Year: 2000..that is the primary substrate and the product which is also a substrate such as is the case for imipramine to desipramine to didesmethyl imipramine...
- STIMULUS PROPERTIES OF COCAINEJAMES O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 1990..stimulus properties of cocaine generalize to adrenergic compounds such as the norepinephrine uptake inhibitor desipramine, the beta adrenergic agonist clenbuterol, and the alpha adrenergic agonist clonidine...
- RADIOLIGANDS FOR CENTRAL NORADRENERGIC UPTAKE SITESShanaz Tejani Butt; Fiscal Year: 1992..So far, studies have been done with labelled desipramine and more recently with labelled mazindol...
- Novel Evaluation & Treatment of Gastric DysmotilityHENRY PAUL PARKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..a) the phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, sildenafil;b) the tricyclic antidepressants, amitriptyline and desipramine. 3...
- METABOLIC ASPECTS OF BODY WEIGHT CHANGE IN DEPRESSIONMadelyn Fernstrom; Fiscal Year: 1991..In depressed inpatients hospitalized for 4 weeks, the effects of two antidepressants (desipramine and fluvoxamine) on metabolic rate will be compared...
- Adrenergic Receptors During Periadolescent DevelopmentDavid Bylund; Fiscal Year: 2005..responses to two drugs that effect the noradrenergic and serotonin systems (the selective re-uptake inhibitors desipramine and fluvoxamine)...
- AGENTS FOR THE TREATMENT OF MEMORY & LEARNING DISORDERSAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 1993..g., clonidine, deprenyl, or desipramine)...
- Galanin and GaIR2 receptors in antidepressant treatmentsTamas Bartfai; Fiscal Year: 2005..treatments: galanin mRNA levels were increased by 100% by both anti-depressant treatments, and fluoxetine (and desipramine) treatments induced a 50% increase in GalR2 binding sites in the rat DRN...
- Galanin and GalR2 Receptors in Antidepressant TreatmentsTamas Bartfai; Fiscal Year: 2009..galanin mRNA levels were increased by 100 percent by both antidepressant treatments, and fluoxetine (and desipramine) treatments induced a 50 percent increase in GalR2 binding sites in the rat DRN...
- EFFICACY OF TRICYCLICS IN TREATING CANCER PAINJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 1999..to determine the efficacy of adjuvant therapy with amitriptyline (balanced nonadrenergic and serotonergic) and desipramine (primarily noradrenergic) against the active placebo benztropine (to produce a similar side effect spectrum), ..
- COGNITIVE THERAPY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR DEPRESSIONROBERT DERUBEIS; Fiscal Year: 2000..use of paroxetine, augmented by lithium carbonate after eight weeks for those patients who do not respond to desipramine by that time...
- COGNITIVE THERAPY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR DEPRESSIONSTEVEN HOLLON; Fiscal Year: 2000..use of paroxetine, augmented by lithium carbonate after eight weeks for those patients who do not respond to desipramine by that time...
- Paradoxical Antidepressant Action in Locus Coeruleus during DevelopmentJAY WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2009..paroxetine), a dual serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (venlafaxine), and a "standard" tricyclic (desipramine), administered continuously via osmotic minipump, will be compared in juvenile (45 days old) and mature adult (..
- MECHANISM OF DEPRESSIVE BEHAVIOR IN WISTAR-KYOTO RATSShanaz Tejani Butt; Fiscal Year: 2001..Treatment with desipramine (a NE uptake blocker), but not paroxetine (a 5-HT uptake blocker), decreased immobility time in the Porsolt ..
- Alpha- & Gamma-Synuclein Modulation of the NET After Antidepressant Treatment ofAlexis Jeannotte; Fiscal Year: 2007..Microarray studies show that v-Syn is overexpressed in the WKY rat brain. The antidepressant desipramine (DMI), a selective NET inhibitor, improved depressive behavior in the WKY rat and decreased expression of ?-Syn ..
- Antidepressants and Fibroblast Growth FactorItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2006..whether CMS down-regulates FGF2 expression (mRNA and protein) in the brain and whether antidepressants such as desipramine and fluoxetine will reverse this down-regulation...
- MECHANISMS OF SYMPATHETIC NEURON SPECIFICATIONMaya Sieber Blum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the fact that the tricyclic antidepressant, desipramine, and the drug of abuse, cocaine, block noradrenergic differentiation in vitro and in the embryo has important ..
- EFFECTIVE TREATMENTS FOR COCAINE ABUSE AND HIV RISKJeffrey Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 1993..In addition, the effectiveness of the combined use of two antidepressant medications, amantadine and desipramine, will be compared to a placebo for the treatment of cocaine use within each of the three treatment programs...
- IMIDAZOLINE RECEPTORS IN DEPRESSION--CLINICAL STUDIESAngelos Halaris; Fiscal Year: 2001..The investigator also found that treatment of patients with either desipramine (DMI) or fluoxetine for 6 weeks leads to normalization (i.e...
- A BEHAVIORAL TREATMENT FOR IV COCAINE DEPENDENCEStephen Higgins; Fiscal Year: 1993..Finally, we will assess whether the efficacy of our behavioral intervention is enhanced via the addition of desipramine (Study 3)...
- CHOLINERGIC/NORADRENERGIC TREATMENT OF ALZHEIMER'SLINDA BIERER; Fiscal Year: 1992..is to determine the clinical efficacy of combining two very different noradrenergic agents, clonidine and desipramine, with the acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, tetrahydroaminoacridine (THA) in the treatment of patients with ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF FUNCTIONAL BOWEL DISORDERSDouglas Drossman; Fiscal Year: 2001..colleagues propose to compare cognitive-behavioral psychological treatment with antidepressant drug therapy (desipramine) and education/attention placebo in over 300 women...
- Norepinephrine Transporters: Targets for ADHDFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2004..A recent discovery from our laboratory is that highly selective NE transporter inhibitors (desipramine and nisoxetine) reversed the locomotor hyperactivity associated with neonatal DA lesioning in juvenile rats, ..
- Imaging agents of norepinephrine transportersHANK KUNG; Fiscal Year: 2007..They are target sites for many widely prescribed antidepressants, such as desipramine, reboxetine, atomoxetine and valenfaxine, which show high potency in blocking the norepinephrine reuptake...
- IRREVERSIBLE ANTAGONIST FOR STIMULANT DRUGS OF ABUSEMARGARET SCHWERI; Fiscal Year: 1990..and serotonin uptake complexes will be assessed by determining its ability to irreversibly inhibit [3H]desipramine and [3H]paroxetine binding, respectively...
- Depression, Epinephrine, Serotonin, & Platelet FunctionDominique Musselman; Fiscal Year: 2005..using randomized, double-blind, treatment with paroxetine (a selective 5HT reuptake inhibitor) in comparison to desipramine (a noradrenergic tricyclic)...
- ACID SPHINGOMYELINASE ACTIVATION IN APOPTOSISTimothy Driscoll; Fiscal Year: 2000..maturation through blocking transport to lysosomes; and stimulating proteolytic degradation of A-SMase with desipramine. 2. Define the mechanism of dexamethasone regulation of A-SMase...
- HEART IMAGING AGENTS--STRUCTURAL MECHANISTICS STUDYDavid Raffel; Fiscal Year: 2001..We aim to extend our work on polar derivatives of the high affinity NET inhibitor desipramine (DMI) as markers of neuronal NET density by [18F-labeling our most promising DMI analogs to better study their ..
- HEART IMAGING AGENTS--STRUCTURAL MECHANISTICS STUDYDavid Raffel; Fiscal Year: 2004..We aim to extend our work on polar derivatives of the high affinity NET inhibitor desipramine (DMI) as markers of neuronal NET density by [18F-labeling our most promising DMI analogs to better study their ..
- DESIPRAMINE TREATMENT OF SCHIZOPHRENIC COCAINE ADDICTSJeffery Wilkins; Fiscal Year: 1992..dependent on cocaine and on stable doses of depot neuroleptic will be randomly assigned to receive either desipramine or placebo double-blind for three months, with weekly group therapy for all subjects...
- ANTIDEPRESSANT THERAPY FOR METHADONE-TREATED ADDICTSGeorge Woody; Fiscal Year: 1980..project, depressed addicts who agree to participate are randomly assigned to be treated with either doxepin, desipramine or placebo. Patients are evaluated over a four month period and at six and nine month follow-up points...
- Low Field Magnetic Stimulation in a Rodent Model of DepressionMichael L Rohan; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the first we will perform established FST tests of known antidepressant medications, fluoxetine and desipramine, in order to validate and calibrate our methodology...
- DESIPRAMINE METABOLISM IN RECOVERING ALCOHOLICSBarbara Mason; Fiscal Year: 1992..b>Desipramine (DMI) has been chosen because it is a standard, efficacious TCA with generally mild side effects that has been ..
- IMIDAZOLINE RECEPTORS IN DEPRESSION--BASIC STUDIESJohn Piletz; Fiscal Year: 2001..of depressed patients, followed by a normalization of radioligand binding after chronic treatments with earlier desipramine or fluoxetine...
- EVALUATION OF RADIOIODINATED COCAINE RECEPTOR PROBESGaro Basmadjian; Fiscal Year: 1993..Bmax, Kd and IC50 and perform competition experiments with such drugs as nomifensine, (-)-cocaine, GBR 12909, desipramine and others...
- COGNITIVE AND DRUG THERAPY FOR DRUG RESISTANT DEPRESSIONKarla Moras; Fiscal Year: 1999..control pilot data on the clinical value of the CT + drug treatment, using the standard antidepressant desipramine (DMI), to obtain effect sizes and to determine if the treatment merits further investigation in a clinical ..
- NET - Selective Ligands for the Treatment of DepressionKenneth Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Selective ligands for the norepinephrine transporter (NET) such as desipramine are quite effective in some patient populations, but their use is often limited by side effects, particularly ..
- BIOREACTOR SYNTHESIS OF CYTOCHROME P450 METABOLITESDavid Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2000..The N-demethlylation of the prodrug imipramine to the antidepressant desipramine catalyzed by the human liver CYP2Cl9-producing E...
- Human Lab Model of Behavioral/Pharmacological Treatment for Cocaine DependenceWILLIAM STOOPS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Indeed, pharmacotherapies (i.e., desipramine and bupropion) have been shown to enhance the effectiveness of behavioral therapies for cocaine dependence...
- TREATMENT OF STIMULANT USERS TO REDUCE HIV TRANSMISSIONRichard Rawson; Fiscal Year: 1993..users suggests that 2 medications hold the most promise in reducing this stimulant withdrawal symptomatology, desipramine and bromocriptine...
- METHOD FOR THE ANALYSIS OF PAIN CLINICAL TRIALSJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2001..instruments, soon to be tested; 2) analyze the results of an ongoing trail, comparing amitriptyline and desipramine adjunctive analgesia in cancer pain patients treated with opiates; and 3) conduct a prospective, blinded, ..
- STUDIES OF THE TREATMENT AND PSYCHOPATHOLOGY OF BULIMIAWILLIAM AGRAS; Fiscal Year: 1993..Second, would the addition of medication (desipramine hydrochloride) in the weight loss phase of treatment result in superior maintenance of improvement in binge ..
- PHARMACOLOGIC REHABILITATION OF ATTENTION DEFICITSJohn Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research makes use of drugs which manipulate the dopaminergic (bromocriptine) and noradrenergic (desipramine) systems, as well as those which affect both of these systems (methylphenidate), to clarify theoretical ..
- Depression and Immunity: Behavioral and CNS MechanismsElliot Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the proposed studies, FSL and control rats will receive chronic treatment with the antidepressants desipramine and sertraline...
- METHAMPHETAMINE ABUSE PHARMACOTHERAPY IN AIDS PATIENTSFrank Gawin; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose an investigation of the efficacy of two promising putative stimulant abuse pharmacotherapies, desipramine and sertraline, as abstinence facilitation treatments for metharnphetamine (MAMPH) dependence in a sample of ..
- IMIPRAMINE TREATMENT OF SCHOOL REFUSALNeal Ryan; Fiscal Year: 1993..at 4, 8, and 12 weeks, in order to examine whether there is a relationship between plasma imipramine and desipramine concentration and clinical response...
- PSYCHOTHERAPY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR COCAINE ABUSEBruce Rounsaville; Fiscal Year: 1990..a cognitive-behavioral approach, (b) Interpersonal Psychotherapy, a short-term psychodynamic approach, (c) Desipramine plus Clinical Management, a pharmacological approach, and (d) Placebo plus Clinical Management as a control ..
- Real-Time Norepinephrine Transporter KineticsJoel Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Antidepressants that inhibit NET, such as desipramine, are effective for the treatment of depression...
- S-Adenosyl Methionine(SAMe)Augmentation of SSRIs in MDDGeorge Papakostas; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hoped that this project award will provide the critical fund of basic knowledge and practical experience necessary to aid the candidate in becoming an independent investigator in this area. ..