Genomes and Genes
Summary: A chemotherapeutic agent that acts against erythrocytic forms of malarial parasites. Hydroxychloroquine appears to concentrate in food vacuoles of affected protozoa. It inhibits plasmodial heme polymerase. (From Gilman et al., Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 9th ed, p970)
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Hydroxychloroquine: from malaria to autoimmunityIlan Ben-Zvi
Rheumatology Unit, Zabludowicz Center for Autoimmune Diseases and Department of Internal Medicine F, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 42:145-53. 2012..Since then, the beneficial effects of quinine and its more advanced synthetic forms, chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, have been increasingly recognized in a myriad of other diseases in addition to malaria...
- Hydroxychloroquine drastically reduces immune activation in HIV-infected, antiretroviral therapy-treated immunologic nonrespondersStefania Piconi
I Divisione Malattie Infettive, H L Sacco, Milan, Italy
Blood 118:3263-72. 2011..b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) reduces endosomal TLR signaling; thus, we verified whether HCQ could dampen immune activation and be ..
- A phase I study of erlotinib and hydroxychloroquine in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerSarah B Goldberg
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Thorac Oncol 7:1602-8. 2012This investigator-initiated study explores the safety, maximum tolerated dose, clinical response, and pharmacokinetics of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) with and without erlotinib in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Retinal toxicity associated with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine: risk factors, screening, and progression despite cessation of therapyMichel Michaelides
Oregon Retinal Degeneration Center, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 4197, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 129:30-9. 2011To report the detailed clinical findings of patients with retinal toxicity that developed secondary to the use of hydroxychloroquine sulfate (n = 13), chloroquine phosphate (n = 2), or a combination of the agents (n = 1).
- Hydroxychloroquine is associated with impaired interferon-alpha and tumor necrosis factor-alpha production by plasmacytoid dendritic cells in systemic lupus erythematosusKarim Sacre
Department of Medicine, Division of Experimental Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R155. 2012..Given the known efficacy of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the treatment of SLE, we examined its ability to inhibit such pDC function in vivo.
- Using multifocal ERG ring ratios to detect and follow Plaquenil retinal toxicity: a review : Review of mfERG ring ratios in Plaquenil toxicityJonathan S Lyons
Georgetown University Washington National Eye Center, Washington, DC, USA
Doc Ophthalmol 118:29-36. 2009..ERG ring ratios provide a sensitive and objective method to detect ocular toxicity in patients taking hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)...
- Treatment of early seropositive rheumatoid arthritis: a two-year, double-blind comparison of minocycline and hydroxychloroquineJ R O'Dell
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 3025, USA
Arthritis Rheum 44:2235-41. 2001To compare the efficacy of minocycline with that of a conventional disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD), hydroxychloroquine, in patients with early seropositive rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Re-evaluation of antimalarials in treating rheumatic diseases: re-appreciation and insights into new mechanisms of actionSteven J Katz
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Curr Opin Rheumatol 23:278-81. 2011..Over the past decade, new theories have been proposed in this regard both for rheumatic disease, as well as related conditions...
- Revised recommendations on screening for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine retinopathyMichael F Marmor
Eye Institute at Stanford, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
Ophthalmology 118:415-22. 2011The American Academy of Ophthalmology recommendations for screening of chloroquine (CQ) and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) retinopathy were published in 2002, but improved screening tools and new knowledge about the prevalence of toxicity have ..
- Use of hydroxychloroquine to prevent thrombosis in systemic lupus erythematosus and in antiphospholipid antibody-positive patientsMichelle Petri
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 East Monument Street, Suite 7500, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 13:77-80. 2011b>Hydroxychloroquine is used extensively in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus, not only for its benefit for cutaneous and musculoskeletal lupus, but also for its role in preventing flares, preventing renal and central nervous ..
- Are 1-2 dangerous? Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine exposure in toddlersE Reed Smith
Department of Emergency Medicine, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Emerg Med 28:437-43. 2005..There is very limited data on pediatric hydroxychloroquine overdoses and no reports of toxicity from 1-2 pills, but given its similarity to chloroquine, it also should ..
- Autophagy inhibitor Lys05 has single-agent antitumor activity and reproduces the phenotype of a genetic autophagy deficiencyQuentin McAfee
Department of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:8253-8. 2012..Clinical trials are underway combining anticancer agents with hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), but concentrations of HCQ required to inhibit autophagy are not consistently achievable in the clinic...
- Hydroxychloroquine and smoking in patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosusN Ezra
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Clin Exp Dermatol 37:327-34. 2012Antimalarials, such as chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, have been used to treat cutaneous and systemic lupus erythematosus for decades with excellent therapeutic efficacy...
- Effects of hydroxychloroquine on immune activation and disease progression among HIV-infected patients not receiving antiretroviral therapy: a randomized controlled trialNicholas I Paton
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, London WC2B 6NH, United Kingdom
JAMA 308:353-61. 2012..Therapies to decrease immune activation might be of benefit in slowing HIV disease progression...
- Hydroxychloroquine use is associated with lower odds of persistently positive antiphospholipid antibodies and/or lupus anticoagulant in systemic lupus erythematosusAnna Broder
Division of Rheumatology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Rheumatol 40:30-3. 2013..b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) has been shown in retrospective studies to decrease aPL titers in laboratory studies, and to decrease ..
- An open, randomized comparison study of cyclosporine A, cyclosporine A + methotrexate and cyclosporine A + hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of early severe rheumatoid arthritisPiercarlo Sarzi-Puttini
Unità Operativa di Reumatologia, University Hospital L Sacco, Via G B Grassi 74, 20157 Milan, Italy
Rheumatol Int 25:15-22. 2005To determine whether a regimen of cyclosporine (CSA) and methotrexate (MTX), or CSA and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) introduced in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can produce a significant improvement in clinical outcome and/or retard ..
- Hydroxychloroquine use associated with improvement in lipid profiles in rheumatoid arthritis patientsStephanie J Morris
Geisinger Health System, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:530-4. 2011..This study used an electronic health record to determine if hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) use was associated with an improvement in lipid levels in an inception RA cohort.
- Differences in long-term disease activity and treatment of adult patients with childhood- and adult-onset systemic lupus erythematosusAimee O Hersh
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:13-20. 2009..To compare differences in long-term outcome between adults with childhood-onset (age at diagnosis <18 years) systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and with adult-onset SLE...
- The administration of low doses of rituximab followed by hydroxychloroquine, prednisone and low doses of mycophenolate mofetil is an effective therapy in Latin American patients with active systemic lupus erythematosusClaudio Galarza-Maldonado
Unidad de Enfermedades Reumáticas y Autoinmunes UNERA, Hospital Monte Sinai, Cuenca, Ecuador
Autoimmun Rev 10:108-11. 2010..In this context, the access to treatments recommended internationally are expensive and limited; therefore, research of methods that make these treatments cheaper is of paramount importance...
- Short communication: preferential concentration of hydroxychloroquine in adenoid tissue of HIV-infected subjectsLucinda Aguirre-Cruz
Departamento de Inmunologia, Instituto Nacional de Neurologia y Neurocirugia, Mexico, D F, Mexico
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:339-42. 2010b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) anti-HIV activity is well documented...
- Comparable efficacy of standardized Ayurveda formulation and hydroxychloroquine sulfate (HCQS) in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA): a randomized investigator-blind controlled studyArvind Chopra
Centre for Rheumatic Diseases CRD, 1988 Convent Street, Hermes Elegance, CAMP, Pune, 411001, India
Clin Rheumatol 31:259-69. 2012b>Hydroxychloroquine sulfate (HCQS) is a popular disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) despite modest efficacy and toxicity...
- Hydroxychloroquine inhibits calcium signals in T cells: a new mechanism to explain its immunomodulatory propertiesF D Goldman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Blood 95:3460-6. 2000b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), a lysosomotropic amine, is an immunosuppressive agent presently being evaluated in bone marrow transplant patients to treat graft-versus-host disease...
- Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine as inhibitors of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) activityFrank Romanelli
University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Curr Pharm Des 10:2643-8. 2004..Chloroquine and its analog hydroxychloroquine are two inexpensive agents that are widely used for the treatment of malaria and have been shown to achieve ..
- Hydroxychloroquine-induced toxic myopathy causing respiratory failureAnita K Siddiqui
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
Chest 131:588-90. 2007Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are commonly prescribed antimalarial agents used for a variety of systemic diseases...
- Methimazole-induced lupus erythematosus: a case reportLi Chieh Wang
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 36:278-81. 2003..With hydroxychloroquine and levothyroxine, she was free of symptoms after discontinuation of methimazole until now (about 21 months).
- Spectral-domain optical coherence tomography and adaptive optics may detect hydroxychloroquine retinal toxicity before symptomatic vision lossKimberly E Stepien
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 107:28-33. 2009To describe spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) and adaptive optics (AO) imaging in hydroxychloroquine retinal toxicity.
- Recommendations on screening for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine retinopathy: a report by the American Academy of OphthalmologyMichael F Marmor
Ophthalmology 109:1377-82. 2002
- Treatment of Q fever endocarditis: comparison of 2 regimens containing doxycycline and ofloxacin or hydroxychloroquineD Raoult
Unite des Rickettsies, Faculte de Medecine, Université de la Mediterranée CNRS, Marseille, France
Arch Intern Med 159:167-73. 1999..Q fever endocarditis, caused by Coxiella burnetii, is fatal in 25% to 60% of patients. Currently, treatment with a long-term tetracycline and quinolone regimen for at least 4 years is recommended, although relapses are frequent...
- Hydroxychloroquine directly reduces the binding of antiphospholipid antibody-beta2-glycoprotein I complexes to phospholipid bilayersJacob H Rand
Department of Pathology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Blood 112:1687-95. 2008Treatment with the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) has been associated with reduced risk of thrombosis in the antiphospholipid (aPL) syndrome (APS) and, in an animal model of APS, with reduction of experimentally induced ..
- Mitochondrial membrane permeabilization is a critical step of lysosome-initiated apoptosis induced by hydroxychloroquinePatricia Boya
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 8125, Institut Gustave Roussy, Pavillon de Recherche 1, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, F 94805 Villejuif, France
Oncogene 22:3927-36. 2003b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is a lysosomotropic amine with cytotoxic properties...
- Fundus autofluorescence and spectral domain optical coherence tomography in early detection of Plaquenil maculopathyAmy T Kelmenson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL 32209, USA
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:785-8. 2010To report fundus autofluorescence (FAF) and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) findings in a patient with early hydroxychloroquine maculopathy.
- The incidence of irreversible retinal toxicity in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine: a reappraisalIoannis Mavrikakis
Department of Ophthalmology, Athens Eye Hospital, Athens, Greece
Ophthalmology 110:1321-6. 2003To define the risk of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ)-related retinal toxicity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) who are receiving recommended dosages of the drug (< or =6.5 mg/kg/day).
- Severe hydroxychloroquine myopathyHoda Abdel-Hamid
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Child Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Muscle Nerve 38:1206-10. 2008b>Hydroxychloroquine causes a vacuolar myopathy that is usually of mild to moderate severity. The myopathy may be underrecognized, especially in patients who receive multiple other medications for complex illnesses...
- Anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in use of methotrexate, hydroxychloroquine, leflunomide and biological drugsNatalia Pinho de Oliveira Ribeiro
National Institute for Science and Technology Translational Medicine INCT TM Laboratory of Panic and Respiration, Institute of Psychiatry, UFRJ, INCT TM Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 54:1185-9. 2013..This paper aims to investigate the prevalence of anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis taking different drugs to control the disease...
- Hydroxychloroquine-induced apoptosis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia involves activation of caspase-3 and modulation of Bcl-2/bax/ratioLaurence Lagneaux
Laboratoire d Hematologie Experimentale, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1087-95. 2002We tested the effects of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), an anti-rheumatic drug, on the viability of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) cells. HCQ induced a decrease in cell viability in a dose- and time-dependent manner...
- Treatment of so-called idiopathic follicular mucinosis with hydroxychloroquineS W Schneider
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, Experimental Dermatology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg Ruprecht Karls University, Mannheim, Germany
Br J Dermatol 163:420-3. 2010..Six patients with 'idiopathic' FM were treated with hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) at a dose of 200 mg three times daily for 10 days followed by a dose adjusted to the ideal body weight,..
- Ocular toxicity of hydroxychloroquineRodney Tehrani
Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Semin Ophthalmol 23:201-9. 2008This review summarizes the current literature regarding the ocular complications of hydroxychloroquine. Hydroxychloroquine has been used since the 1950s for the treatment of various rheumatic and dermatologic diseases...
- Hydroxychloroquine cardiotoxicity in systemic lupus erythematosus: a report of 2 cases and review of the literatureJessica E Nord
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, California, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 33:336-51. 2004b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is extensively used in the long-term treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Although considered by clinicians to be relatively safe, serious side effects have been documented in the literature...
- Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis and toxic epidermal necrolysis induced by hydroxychloroquineAisha Lateef
Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University Health System, Singapore, Singapore
Clin Rheumatol 28:1449-52. 2009..erythematosus who presented with features of AGEP but evolved to AGEP-TEN overlap as an adverse reaction to hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) treatment...
- Hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine, and all-trans retinoic acid regulate growth, survival, and histone acetylation in breast cancer cellsRayhana Rahim
Department of Biochemistry, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Anticancer Drugs 20:736-45. 2009The antimalarial drugs chloroquine (CQ) and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) have potential applications in cancer treatment...
- Multifocal electroretinography evaluation for early detection of retinal dysfunction in patients taking hydroxychloroquinePhilip J Penrose
Department of Ophthalmology, California Pacific Medical Center, PO Box 7999, San Francisco, CA 94120, USA
Retina 23:503-12. 2003To evaluate macular function using multifocal electroretinography (mfERG) in a cohort of asymptomatic patients taking hydroxychloroquine and a patient with maculopathy secondary to hydroxychloroquine treatment.
- Relationship between blood hydroxychloroquine and desethylchloroquine concentrations and cigarette smoking in treated patients with connective tissue diseasesGaëlle Leroux
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1547-8. 2007
- Hydroxychloroquine effectiveness in reducing symptoms of hand osteoarthritis (HERO): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialSarah R Kingsbury
Division of Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Disease and National Institute of Health Research NIHR Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, University of Leeds, Leeds LS7 4SA, UK
Trials 14:64. 2013..Synovitis is prevalent in OA and is associated with pain. Hydroxychloroquine is used in routine practice for treating synovitis in inflammatory arthritides, such as rheumatoid arthritis...
- Hydroxychloroquine is much less active than chloroquine against chloroquine-resistant Plasmodium falciparum, in agreement with its physicochemical propertiesDavid C Warhurst
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel St, London WC1E 7HT, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:188-93. 2003The 4-aminoquinoline drug hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is reported to be as active as chloroquine (CQ) against falciparum malaria, and less toxic...
- Comparison of screening procedures in hydroxychloroquine toxicityMichael F Marmor
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Byers Eye Institute at Stanford, 2452 Watson Ct, Palo Alto, CA 94303 5353, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 130:461-9. 2012To compare different screening procedures for hydroxychloroquine sulfate (Plaquenil) toxicity at different stages of damage.
- Early combination disease-modifying antirheumatic drug therapy and tight disease control improve long-term radiologic outcome in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis: the 11-year results of the Finnish Rheumatoid Arthritis Combination Therapy trialVappu Rantalaiho
Department of Internal Medicine, Centre for Rheumatic Diseases, Tampere University Hospital, PO Box 2000, FI 33521 Tampere, Finland
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R122. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the radiologic progression beyond that time in patients with early RA initially treated with a combination of three disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) or a single DMARD...
- Evaluation of the risk of anti-SSA/Ro-SSB/La antibody-associated cardiac manifestations of neonatal lupus in fetuses of mothers with systemic lupus erythematosus exposed to hydroxychloroquinePeter M Izmirly
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, Th 407, New York, NY 10016, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1827-30. 2010..TLR) signalling in the pathogenesis of neonatal lupus (NL), it was hypothesised that fetal exposure to hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), a TLR inhibitor, might reduce the risk of anti-SSA/Ro/SSB/La antibody-associated cardiac ..
- Clodronate and hydroxychloroquine in erosive osteoarthritis: a 24-month open randomized pilot studyGianantonio Saviola
Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Unit, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation IRCCS, Via Ospedale 36, 46042 Castel Goffredo, Mantua, Italy
Mod Rheumatol 22:256-63. 2012..the efficacy of clodronate for treating active erosive osteoarthritis of the hand and to compare it with hydroxychloroquine. Group A consisted of 24 patients treated for 24 months with clodronate 300 mg i.v...
- Rates and predictors of hydroxychloroquine retinal toxicity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosusFrederick Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases and University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, KS 67214, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:775-84. 2010b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) retinopathy is of concern because of the potential seriousness of visual loss and the medicolegal consequences of failure to detect toxicity...
- Hydroxychloroquine in systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis and its safety in pregnancyCrispin Abarientos
New York Medical College, Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, Munger Pavilion, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 10:705-14. 2011The antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is widely used to treat various rheumatic diseases...
- Effect of hydroxychloroquine treatment on pro-inflammatory cytokines and disease activity in SLE patients: data from LUMINA (LXXV), a multiethnic US cohortR Willis
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, USA
Lupus 21:830-5. 2012We sought to determine the effect of hydroxychloroquine therapy on the levels proinflammatory/prothrombotic markers and disease activity scores in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in a multiethnic, multi-center cohort (..
- Exploratory study on the effects of biodegradable nanoparticles with drugs on malignant B cells and on a human/mouse model of Burkitt lymphomaGustavo H Marin
CUCAIBA, Ministry of Health, Province of Buenos Aires, Calle 60 y 120, 1900 La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Curr Clin Pharmacol 5:246-50. 2010..study was to determine if Rituximab coated Biodegradable Nanoparticles (BNPs) loaded with Chlorambucil and Hydroxychloroquine could induce apoptosis of B-Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (B-CLL), MEC-1 and BJAB cells in vitro and evaluate ..
- [Hydroxychloroquine: a new therapeutic approach to the thrombotic manifestations of antiphospholipid syndrome]J Szymezak
Service d Hematologie Biologique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, AP HP, 20 40, rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Rev Med Interne 31:854-7. 2010Studies have shown a protective effect of hydroxychloroquine on thrombosis in systemic lupus erythematosus patients...
- Hydroxychloroquine reverses platelet activation induced by human IgG antiphospholipid antibodiesRicardo G Espinola
Department of Microbiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310 1495, USA
Thromb Haemost 87:518-22. 2002..The antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine (HQ) has been used successfully in prevention of postoperative thrombosis and in treatment of patients with ..
- Exfoliative cutaneous lupus erythematosus in German shorthaired pointer dogs: disease development, progression and evaluation of three immunomodulatory drugs (ciclosporin, hydroxychloroquine, and adalimumab) in a controlled environmentElizabeth A Mauldin
Department of Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 3850 Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Vet Dermatol 21:373-82. 2010..Ciclosporin decreased erythema and arthralgia, but did not halt worsening of lesions. Three dogs received hydroxychloroquine (5-10 mg/kg once daily) for 8 weeks, 7 months, and 9 months, respectively, with no side effects...
- Hydroxychloroquine improves insulin sensitivity in obese non-diabetic individualsEmileigh Mercer
Division of Rheumatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R135. 2012b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is a common disease modifying therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Prior research suggests that HCQ may reduce the risk of diabetes mellitus in patients with RA...
- Optical coherence tomography in a patient with chloroquine-induced maculopathySanita Korah
Department of Ophthalmology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 56:511-3. 2008..Parafoveal retinal thickness and volume measurements may be early evidence of chloroquine toxicity, and OCT measurements as a part of chloroquine toxicity screening may be useful in early detection of chloroquine maculopathy...
- Treatment of sicca symptoms with hydroxychloroquine in patients with Sjogren's syndromeMarkus Rihl
Clinic for Immunology and Rheumatology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:796-9. 2009..There is no established disease-modifying treatment of xerostomia and xerophthalmia in SS. This retrospective study was performed in order to evaluate the efficacy of HCQ for glandular function, i.e. saliva and tear production...
- Changes in glycosylated hemoglobin after initiation of hydroxychloroquine or methotrexate treatment in diabetes patients with rheumatic diseasesLaura R Rekedal
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:3569-73. 2010Prior research demonstrates that hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) lowers glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA(1c) ) in diabetes patients without rheumatic disease...
- Aurothiomalate and hydroxychloroquine inhibit nitric oxide production in chondrocytes and in human osteoarthritic cartilageK Vuolteenaho
The Immunopharmacological Research Group, Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Scand J Rheumatol 34:475-9. 2005..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) on interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta)-induced NO production in chondrocyte cultures, and in human osteoarthritic cartilage...
- Response to hydroxychloroquine in Japanese patients with systemic lupus erythematosus using the cutaneous lupus erythematosus disease area and severity index (CLASI)Naoto Yokogawa
Tokyo Metropolitan Tama Medical Center, Section of Rheumatology, 2 8 29 Musashidai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8524, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 22:249-55. 2012..CLASI) in Japanese patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in order to design a clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in Japan...
- Hydroxychloroquine improves dry eye symptoms of patients with primary Sjogren's syndromeSule Yavuz
Department of Rheumatology, Marmara University Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 31:1045-9. 2011The objective of the study is to investigate the effect of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) on subjective and objective parameters of dry eye in patients with primary Sjogren's disease and to evaluate the association of tear fluid B-cell ..
- Hydroxychloroquine sulfate treatment is associated with later onset of systemic lupus erythematosusJ A James
Arthritis and Immunology Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Lupus 16:401-9. 2007..One option for treatment in this setting is hydroxychloroquine. Using 130 US military personnel who later met ACR SLE criteria, a retrospective study of onset, development ..
- An in vitro study of the susceptibility of mobile and cystic forms of Borrelia burgdorferi to hydroxychloroquineO Brorson
Department of Microbiology, Vestfold Sentralsykehus, Tønsberg, Norway
Int Microbiol 5:25-31. 2002In this work the susceptibility of mobile and cystic forms of Borrelia burgdorferi to hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) was studied...
- Assessing hydroxychloroquine toxicity by the multifocal ERGMichael N Moschos
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Athens, Greece
Doc Ophthalmol 108:47-53. 2004..These results postulate that the mfERG may be used as an alternative method, perhaps more sensitive, for the detection of the HC retinopathy and the follow up of the patients on hydroxychloroquine.
- Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease: hydroxychloroquine as a treatmentKatayoun Rezai
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, John H Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:e124-6. 2004We describe a case of recurrent Kikuchi's disease in a South Asian-American man that was treated successfully with chloroquine and on recurrence with hydroxychloroquine. Each treatment led to a very prompt response.
- Hydroxychloroquine and glycemia in women with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosusSara Kaprove Penn
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Nursing, 440 Victoria Street, Room 453B, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Rheumatol 37:1136-42. 2010To determine the relationship between current hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) use and 2 indicators of glycemic control, fasting glucose and insulin sensitivity, in nondiabetic women with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) or rheumatoid arthritis ..
- Dramatic response of scarring scalp discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE) to intravenous methylprednisolone, oral corticosteroids, and hydroxychloroquine in a 5-year-old childPaivi M H Miettunen
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Pediatr Dermatol 26:338-41. 2009..Histopathology confirmed the diagnosis of DLE. Treatment with intravenous methylprednisolone, hydroxychloroquine, oral prednisone, topical corticosteroids, and sunscreen lead to reversal of scarring alopecia and re-growth ..
- Controlled trial of hydroxychloroquine in schizophreniaMenelik Desta
Amanuel Hospital Addis Ababa University Medical School, Ethiopia
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:507-10. 2002b>Hydroxychloroquine is widely employed for the treatment of rheumatological diseases...
- Papular elastolytic giant cell granuloma responding to hydroxychloroquine and quinacrineBenjamin J Kelly
Division of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, The Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Malcolm Randall Veterans Administration Medical Center, Gainesville, FL 32610 0277, USA
Int J Dermatol 43:964-6. 2004
- [Chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine: variability of retinotoxic cumulative doses]K Rüther
Charité Augenklinik Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin
Ophthalmologe 104:875-9. 2007The critical dose of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine leading to a maculopathy or generalised retinopathy remains undetermined. In the literature, 100 g is considered the dose at which regular vision checks should be performed...
- Detection of the regression on hydroxychloroquine retinopathy in optical coherence tomographyBurak Turgut
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 28:607-9. 2009b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) that is widely used in the treatment of the connective tissue disorders can cause retinopathy...
- Pharmacokinetics of hydroxychloroquine and its clinical implications in chemoprophylaxis against malaria caused by Plasmodium vivaxHyeong Seok Lim
Department of Pharmacology, Ulsan University College of Medicine, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:1468-75. 2009b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is an antimalarial drug used as chemoprophylaxis against malaria caused by Plasmodium vivax in the Republic of Korea Army (ROKA)...
- Hydroxychloroquine protects the annexin A5 anticoagulant shield from disruption by antiphospholipid antibodies: evidence for a novel effect for an old antimalarial drugJacob H Rand
Department of Pathology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Blood 115:2292-9. 2010..We investigated whether the antimalarial drug, hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), might affect this prothrombotic mechanism...
- Hydroxychloroquine for subglottic stenosis: a novel therapy in the battle for airNir Hirshoren
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Hebrew University School of Medicine, Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Laryngoscope 120:743-4. 2010..b>Hydroxychloroquine interferes with antigen processing by means of raising lysosomal pH and immune response modulation...
- Hydroxychloroquine-induced myopathyJun Beom Kwon
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 16:28-31. 2010..She had been treated with hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) for last 5 years...
- Low blood concentration of hydroxychloroquine is a marker for and predictor of disease exacerbations in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusNathalie Costedoat-Chalumeau
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris VI Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 54:3284-90. 2006To study the possible relationship between whole-blood hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) concentrations and clinical efficacy of HCQ in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- Hydroxychloroquine use predicts complete renal remission within 12 months among patients treated with mycophenolate mofetil therapy for membranous lupus nephritisN Kasitanon
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Lupus 15:366-70. 2006..Eleven (38%) patients achieved complete renal remission by 12 months. Of those taking hydroxychloroquine, 7/11 (64%) were in remission within 12 months compared to only 4/18 (22%) of those not on hyroxychloroquine ..
- Sufficient evidence to consider hydroxychloroquine as an adjunct therapy in antiphospholipid antibody (Hughes') syndomeKam Hon Yoon
J Rheumatol 29:1574-5. 2002
- Hydroxychloroquine modulates metabolic activity and proliferation and induces autophagic cell death of human dermal fibroblastsBettina Ramser
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 129:2419-26. 2009b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is a commonly used therapeutic agent in skin disorders. Some reports also suggest that HCQ can be useful in fibroblastic diseases of the skin...
- Complete heart block in an adult with systemic lupus erythematosus and recent onset of hydroxychloroquine therapyJ Comin-Colet
Department of Cardiology, Hospital Princeps d Espanya, Ciutat Sanitaria i Universitaria de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Lupus 10:59-62. 2001..CHB in the context of an acute flare-up of SLE, first diagnosed three years ago, having recently commenced hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) treatment. Anti-Ro and anti-RNP antibodies were also positive. No features of myocarditis were found...
- Possible protective effect of hydroxychloroquine on delaying the occurrence of integument damage in lupus: LXXI, data from a multiethnic cohortGuillermo J Pons-Estel
University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:393-400. 2010..To determine the features predictive of time to integument damage in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) from a multiethnic cohort (LUpus in MInorities, NAture versus nurture [LUMINA])...
- Adverse cutaneous reactions to hydroxychloroquine are more common in patients with dermatomyositis than in patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosusMichelle T Pelle
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Arch Dermatol 138:1231-3; discussion 1233. 2002b>Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and other antimalarial drugs have been used successfully as adjunctive therapy for patients with cutaneous lesions of dermatomyositis over the past 20 years...
- In vivo confocal microscopy in hydroxychloroquine-induced keratopathyAndre Dosso
University Eye Clinic, 22 rue Alcide Jentzer, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:318-20. 2007..Vortex keratopathy, arising as a side effect of several medications, is characterized by golden-brown deposits in the cornea...
- Hydroxychloroquine-induced hyperpigmentation: the staining patternPuja K Puri
Department of Dermatology Dermatopathology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:1134-7. 2008We report two cases of hydroxychloroquine-induced hyperpigmentation presenting in a 50-year-old Caucasian female (case 1) and a 78-year-old female (case 2), both receiving 400 mg per day...
- Protective effect of hydroxychloroquine on renal damage in patients with lupus nephritis: LXV, data from a multiethnic US cohortGuillermo J Pons-Estel
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Arthritis Rheum 61:830-9. 2009To assess whether hydroxychloroquine can delay renal damage development in lupus nephritis patients.
- Very low blood hydroxychloroquine concentration as an objective marker of poor adherence to treatment of systemic lupus erythematosusNathalie Costedoat-Chalumeau
AP HP, Service de Medecine Interne, Centre de Référence National pour le Lupus Systémique et le Syndrome des Antiphospholipides, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Ann Rheum Dis 66:821-4. 2007Poor adherence to treatment is difficult to diagnose accurately. Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) has a long elimination half-life and its concentration in whole blood can be measured easily.
- Severe acute hepatitis related to hydroxychloroquine in a woman with mixed connective tissue diseaseVicente Giner Galvan
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Clinico Universitario, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Clin Rheumatol 26:971-2. 2007..b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), a alpha-hydroxylated derivative of chloroquine, is usually preferred because of its higher ..
- Visual field and multifocal electroretinography and their correlations in patients on hydroxychloroquine therapyTimothy Y Y Lai
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Eye Hospital, 147K Argyle Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Doc Ophthalmol 112:177-87. 2006To evaluate the effects of hydroxychloroquine on visual field and multifocal electroretinography (mfERG) and their correlations in patients taking hydroxychloroquine.
- Ocular toxicity due to chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine: electrophysiological and visual function correlatesRadouil Tzekov
Biological Sciences, RD2 2C Allergan Inc, 2525 Dupont Drive, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Doc Ophthalmol 110:111-20. 2005..A summary and comment on the tests, with emphasis on the use of more recently developed methods, such as the multifocal electroretinography (mfERG), are presented in this review...
- Survival after massive hydroxychloroquine overdoseN Gunja
New South Wales Poisons Information Centre, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 37:130-3. 2009b>Hydroxychloroquine overdose is infrequently reported and the majority of recommendations come from the greater experience with chloroquine poisoning...
- Hydroxychloroquine and surfactant protein C deficiencyDennis M Rosen
N Engl J Med 352:207-8. 2005
- Hydroxychloroquine concentration-response relationships in patients with rheumatoid arthritisTino Munster
University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 46:1460-9. 2002A dose-response relationship for hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), in terms of the proportion of patients achieving the Paulus 20% criteria for improvement, had previously been observed in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) receiving a 6-..
- Hydroxychloroquine in systemic lupus erythematosusNathalie Costedoat-Chalumeau
Lancet 369:1257-8. 2007
- Treatment of lupus skin involvement with quinacrine and hydroxychloroquineI Cavazzana
Rheumatology Unit and Chair A O Spedali Civili di Brescia Università degli Studi di Brescia, Italy
Lupus 18:735-9. 2009To evaluate the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and quinacrine (Qn) association, at two different dosages, in treatment of lupus skin lesions not responding to HCQ alone...
- Biological resistance of hydroxychloroquine for Plasmodium vivax malaria in the Republic of KoreaSei Won Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Armed Forces Capital Hospital, Seongnam, Republic of Korea
Am J Trop Med Hyg 81:600-4. 2009The Republic of Korea (ROK) Army instituted a vivax malaria chemoprophylaxis program (hydroxychloroquine [HCQ] 400 mg per week) in 1997 that was expanded to nearly 200,000 soldiers by 2007, raising concerns for the emergence of drug-..
- Hydroxychloroquine and lichen planopilaris: efficacy and introduction of Lichen Planopilaris Activity Index scoring systemCharles Chiang
Department of Dermatology at University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 62:387-92. 2010..Lichen planopilaris (LPP) and its variant frontal fibrosing alopecia (FFA) are primary lymphocytic cicatricial alopecias for which there is no evidence-based therapy...
- Hydroxychloroquine therapy in patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome may improve salivary gland hypofunction by inhibition of glandular cholinesteraseL J Dawson
Clinical Dental Sciences, University of Liverpool, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:449-55. 2005..pSS), (ii) increased levels of cholinesterase of lymphocyte origin could interfere with the secretory activity of submandibular acinar cells, and (iii) hydroxychloroquine at therapeutic doses could interfere with cholinesterase activity.
- Hydroxychloroquine-induced DRESS syndromeAlessandro Volpe
Department of General Medicine, Sacro Cuore Hospital, Via Sempreboni 5, Negrar, VR, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 27:537-9. 2008The authors describe the first case of drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms syndrome caused by hydroxychloroquine treatment in a male patient affected by seronegative arthritis.
- Evidence of transplacental passage of hydroxychloroquine in humansNathalie Costedoat-Chalumeau
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 46:1123-4. 2002
- Fundus autofluorescence and mfERG for early detection of retinal alterations in patients using chloroquine/hydroxychloroquineUlrich Kellner
AugenZentrum Siegburg, Siegburg, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3531-8. 2006To evaluate and compare the value of fundus autofluorescence (FAF) imaging and multifocal electroretinography (mfERG) in early detection of retinal alterations in patients using chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine (CQ/HCQ).
- Immune tolerance in the therapy of rheumatoid arthritisSalvatore Albani; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is particularly evident in patients pre-treated with hydroxychloroquine (HCQ). These patients had a better clinical response to the dnaJP1 treatment...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Retinal Toxicity, with Evaluation of the ABCA4 Gene Number: 10-EI-0140 Summary: Background: - Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) is an anti-inflammatory drug that is used to treat some autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid ..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Retinal Toxicity, with Evaluation of the ABCA4 Gene Number: 10-EI-0140 Summary: Background: - Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) is an anti-inflammatory drug that is used to treat some autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid ..
- Preventive Approach to Congenital Heart Block with Hydroxychloroquine (PATCH)JILL PAMELA BUYON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Subsequent translation to patients was approached by evaluating hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) use in an extensive case control study restricted to lupus mothers and a separate retrospective ..
- HLTF gene silencing: a novel determinant of sensitivity to autophagy inhibitionRavi K Amaravadi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Numerous clinical trials are testing the combination of variety of anticancer agents with hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), but there currently is no biomarker that can focus the development of HCQ combinations or regimens ..
- A Phase 0 Trial of Hydroxychloroquine in Patients with Stage III and IV ResectablJanice Mehnert; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is a drug that blocks autophagy, raising intralysosomal pH and inhibiting the final step of this ..
- Understanding early events in lupus autoimmunity to aid preventionJudith A James; Fiscal Year: 2013..SLE are found o have dysregulation of select cytokines and chemokines years before disease onset and hydroxychloroquine has been associated with a delayed onset of SLE classification and slowed autoantibody accrual...
- Inhibition of Autophagy: A Novel Therapeutic Strategy for Advanced Solid TumorsFrancis J Giles; Fiscal Year: 2010..We recently established that the antimalarial drugs chloroquine (CQ) and its derivative hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) inhibit autophagy and significantly increase the efficacy of the histone deacetylase inhibitor ..
- Investigating the Role of Autophagy in Pancreatic Cancer Radiation ResistanceAlec Kimmelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since potent autophagy inhibitors, such as chloroquine (CQ) and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), are available and FDA approved, this work has immediate clinical application to the treatment of PDAC ..
- Cardiovascular Inflammation Reduction Trial (CIRT): DCCRobert J Glynn; Fiscal Year: 2013..the confounding effects on lipids, glucose, and thrombosis that significantly limit other agents including hydroxychloroquine. The potential clinical impact of this trial is broad as it has sufficient power to directly address core ..
- Cardiovascular Inflammation Reduction Trial (CIRT)Paul M Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2013..the confounding effects on lipids, glucose, and thrombosis that significantly limit other agents including hydroxychloroquine. The potential clinical impact of this trial is broad as it has sufficient power to directly address core ..
- Mechanisms of Action of Hydroxychloroquine in Reducing Risk of Type 2 DiabetesFrederico G S Toledo; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mechanisms of Action of Hydroxychloroquine in Reducing Risk of Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes is approaching epidemic proportions in the United States...
- Improving current therapies for myelomaDAN TOBY VOGL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent basic science laboratory work done by my collaborators has identified hydroxychloroquine as a potent inhibitor of autophagy in malignant cells...
- Autophagy inhibition as a therapeutic strategy for glioblastoma mutliformeRavi Amaravadi; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies found that the lysosomotropic antimalarial hydroxychloroquine(HCQ) can inhibit therapy-induced autophagy and enhance tumor cell death...
- Therapeutic approaches that target cancer cell metabolismRavi K Amaravadi; Fiscal Year: 2012..The second aim will be the completion of the preclinical evaluation of hydroxychloroquine using xenograft tumor models followed by Phase I and Phase II clinical trials of hydroxychloroquine in ..
- Autophagy inhibition to sensitize colon cancer to anti-angiogenic therapyPETER J O'DWYER; Fiscal Year: 2013..In parallel with this analysis in preclinical models, we propose a direct translation to the clinic, with a trial of hydroxychloroquine in combination with standard therapy for colorectal cancer.
- Treatment of Early Aggressive Rheumatoid Arthritis TEARLarry Moreland; Fiscal Year: 2001..is a 3-arm study comparing 2 different combinations (anti-TNF plus methotrexate versus methotrexate plus hydroxychloroquine plus sulfasalazine) versus monotherapy (methotrexate) in patients with early RA who have an "aggressive" ..
- HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE THERAPY AND BIOLOGY OF GVHDAndrew Gilman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed study will examine the benefit of adding hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to standard therapy for the treatment of newly diagnosed extensive chronic GVHD...
- Meaningful Outcome Measures for Pediatrc Lupus TrialsHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Children with cSLE have a worse prognosis than adults. There are only 3 medications (aspirin, hydroxychloroquine, gluco-corticoids) that have ever been fully approved for adult SLE by the U.S...
- Meaningful Outcome Measures for Pediatric Lupus TrialsHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Children with cSLE have a worse prognosis than adults. There are only 3 medications (aspirin, hydroxychloroquine, gluco-corticoids) that have ever been fully approved for adult SLE by the U.S...
- Predictors of Treatment Response in Early Aggressive RAS Bridges; Fiscal Year: 2007..RA include disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) such as methotrexate (MTX), sulfasalazine (SSZ), hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), and the TNF inhibitor etanercept. Multiple new biologic agents currently in development...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Predictors of Therapeutic ResponseJAMES O DELL; Fiscal Year: 2002..Retrospective analysis of this information can be utilized to plan prospective clinical trials using potentially predictive patterns of cytokine, matrix metalloproteinases, and genetic factors. ..
- Reduction of Annexin A5 in Antipholipid Pregnancy LossJACOB RAND; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Brain ConnectionsMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Revision of ACR Classification Criteria for Systemic Lupus ErythematosusMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will lead to updated, validated SLE classification criteria that can be immediately used by both industry and academic clinical trials. ..
- Genetic Polymorphisms in Rheumatoid ArthritisEric Matteson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The mentorship program proposed in this grant is critical to this long-term goal. ..
- OUTCOME OF SYSTEMIC LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUS IN MINORITIESGRACIELA ALARCON; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Cognitive dysfunction in neuropsychiatric-SLEMichael Lockshin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Successful completion of this research will redefine the pathogenesis of cognitive dysfunction and suggest therapeutic targets for intervention...
- AUTOIMMUNE MECHANISMS OF THROMBOSISRobert Roubey; Fiscal Year: 2004..These data will be useful in focusing future research efforts on specific pathways of antibody-mediated monocyte activation and hypercoagulability and in designing new therapeutic strategies...
- Eliciting Patient Treatment Preferences for OsteoporosisLiana Fraenkel; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- AIDS-ASSOCIATED MALIGNANCIES CLINICAL TRIALS CONSORTIUMDavid Aboulafia; Fiscal Year: 2005..5. Assist the AMC and the NCI clinical trials cooperative groups and the NIAID ACTUs in the development and implementation of phase III studies if initial efforts of the AMC consortium are successful. ..
- Therapeutic use of inhibitory DNA sequences in animal models of lupusPetar Lenert; Fiscal Year: 2006..Future extension of these studies to humans may lead to the design of novel therapeutic agents for human SLE. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LYME ARTHRITIS: A NEW EPIDEMIC DISEASEAllen C Steere; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, this work brings us closer to the long-term goal of direct comparisons of antigens in Lyme arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis synovia. ..
- Development of Novel Therapeutic Strategy for Sickle Ce*EMFEMWONKIEKIE IYAMU; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such an environment maximizes the potential for the P.I. to establish a scientific niche from which an academic career can be constructed. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Impact of Medications on Outcomes in LupusBarri Fessler; Fiscal Year: 2008..Recent evidence suggests that hydroxychloroquine may be such a medication...
- Mechanism of Action of Inhibitory CpG OligonucleotidesPetar Lenert; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Diagnosis and Pathogenesis of Early Lyme DiseaseAllen Steere; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, greater knowledge of spirochetal virulence and host factors associated with severe disease may allow the development of laboratory markers for patients who would benefit from more intensive treatment. ..
- Clinical Basis Investigations into MLS/Leopard SyndromeTheresa Pacheco; Fiscal Year: 2007..D. is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology and is committed to a career in clinical research with an focus on molecular markers of disease (pigmentation anomalies) and patient-oriented research topics. ..