Genomes and Genes
Summary: An insecticide synergist, especially for pyrethroids and ROTENONE.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of the synergist, piperonyl butoxide, on the development of deltamethrin resistance in yellow fever mosquito, Aedes aegypti L. (Diptera: Culicidae)Sarita Kumar
Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 50:1-8. 2002..to the synthetic pyrethroid, deltamethrin, alone or a combination of deltamethrin with the synergist, piperonyl butoxide (PBO)...
- Development of toxicity identification evaluation procedures for pyrethroid detection using esterase activityCraig E Wheelock
Department of Entomology and Cancer Research Center, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:2699-708. 2004..Organophosphate identification methods depend upon the use of piperonyl butoxide (PBO) to identify OP-induced toxicity...
- Temporal synergism by microencapsulation of piperonyl butoxide and alpha-cypermethrin overcomes insecticide resistance in crop pestsGeorgina Bingham
Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
Pest Manag Sci 63:276-81. 2007A microencapsulated formulation that gives a burst release of piperonyl butoxide (PBO) several hours before a burst release of a conventional pyrethroid can effectively overcome metabolic resistance in Bemisia tabaci Gennadius, ..
- Efficacy of piperonyl butoxide (PBO) as a synergist with deltamethrin on five species of mosquitoesV A Vijayan
Department of Studies in Zoology, Manasagangothri, Mysore
J Commun Dis 39:159-63. 2007..Present study demonstrates the efficacy of PBO with deltamethrin against the field collected mosquito larvae of five species of Aedes, Anopheles and Culexfrom in and around Mysore...
- An experimental hut evaluation of PermaNet(®) 3.0, a deltamethrin-piperonyl butoxide combination net, against pyrethroid-resistant Anopheles gambiae and Culex quinquefasciatus mosquitoes in southern BeninRaphael N'Guessan
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E7HT, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 104:758-65. 2010..0 is a long-lasting combination net with deltamethrin present on the sides and a mixture of deltamethrin and piperonyl butoxide (PBO), an oxidase synergist, on the top panel...
- The effect of piperonyl butoxide on pyrethroid-resistance-associated esterases in Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)Susan J Young
Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ, UK
Pest Manag Sci 61:397-401. 2005..that pyrethroid-resistance-associated esterases in H armigera are inhibited by the insecticide synergist piperonyl butoxide (PBO)...
- Evaluation of PermaNet 3.0 a deltamethrin-PBO combination net against Anopheles gambiae and pyrethroid resistant Culex quinquefasciatus mosquitoes: an experimental hut trial in TanzaniaPatrick Tungu
Amani Medical Research Centre, National Institute for Medical Research, Muheza, Tanzania
Malar J 9:21. 2010..combination net incorporating deltamethrin on the side panels and a mixture of deltamethrin and synergist piperonyl butoxide (PBO) on the top panel. PBO is an inhibitor of mixed function oxidases implicated in pyrethroid resistance.
- Evaluation of piperonyl butoxide as a deltamethrin synergist for pyrethroid-resistant bed bugsAlvaro Romero
Department of Entomology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546, USA
J Econ Entomol 102:2310-5. 2009..We used the cytochrome P450 monooxygenase (P450) inhibitor piperonyl butoxide (PBO) to assess the role of P450s in deltamethrin resistance in three field-collected bed bug strains, LA-1, ..
- Impact of prenatal exposure to piperonyl butoxide and permethrin on 36-month neurodevelopmentMegan K Horton
Sergievsky Center, New York, NY, USA
Pediatrics 127:e699-706. 2011..Our objective was to explore the association between prenatal exposure to permethrin (a common pyrethroid) and piperonyl butoxide (a pyrethroid synergist) and 36-month neurodevelopment.
- Can piperonyl butoxide enhance the efficacy of pyrethroids against pyrethroid-resistant Aedes aegypti?Georgina Bingham
Innovation Centre, Vestergaard Frandsen, Lausanne, Switzerland
Trop Med Int Health 16:492-500. 2011..b>Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) has been used as a synergist to help increase the efficacy of certain insecticides...
- Piperonyl butoxide activates c-Jun and ATF-2 in the hepatocytes of miceMasako Muguruma
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Agriculture, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Arch Toxicol 82:749-53. 2008In order to clarify the possible mechanism of hepatocarcinogenesis induced by piperonyl butoxide, we attempted to identify the transcription factor activated by piperonyl butoxide in the male ICR mouse liver. Administration of 0...
- The synergistic effects of insecticidal essential oils and piperonyl butoxide on biotransformational enzyme activities in Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae)Ranil Waliwitiya
Department of Biological Sciences, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, V5A 1S6
J Med Entomol 49:614-23. 2012..when exposed simultaneously with piperonyl butoxide (PBO) were examined...
- The actions of benzophenanthridine alkaloids, piperonyl butoxide and (S)-methoprene at the G-protein coupled cannabinoid CB₁ receptor in vitroAmey S Dhopeshwarkar
Department of Biological Sciences, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 654:26-32. 2011..focused primarily on the interaction of two benzophenanthridine alkaloids (chelerythrine and sanguinarine), piperonyl butoxide and (S)-methoprene with G-protein-coupled cannabinoid CB(1) receptors of mouse brain in vitro...
- Prior oral exposure to environmental immunosuppressive chemicals methoxychlor, parathion, or piperonyl butoxide aggravates allergic airway inflammation in NC/Nga miceR Nishino
Laboratory of Immunotoxicology and Acute Toxicology, Toxicology Division, Institute of Environmental Toxicology, Uchimoriya machi 4321, Joso shi, Ibaraki 303 0043, Japan
Toxicology 309:1-8. 2013..Immunosuppressive environmental chemicals may increase the potency of allergens and thereby play a role in the development of respiratory tract allergies, such as allergic rhinitis and asthma...
- Oxidative and apoptotic effects of lambda-cyhalothrin modulated by piperonyl butoxide in the liver of Oreochromis niloticusPetek Piner
Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, Department of Primary Education, Division of Science Education, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 33:414-20. 2012..study was to investigate the toxic effects of pyrethroid pesticide lambda-cyhalothrin in the presence of piperonyl butoxide as a modulator in the liver of juvenile Oreochromis niloticus...
- A novel assay reveals the blockade of esterases by piperonyl butoxideAnna C Khot
Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
Pest Manag Sci 64:1139-42. 2008Conventional in vitro assays sometimes fail to reveal esterase inhibition by piperonyl butoxide (PBO), although synergism studies suggest loss of esterase-mediated sequestration of insecticide does take place...
- Potential of piperonyl butoxide-synergised pyrethrins against psocids (Psocoptera: Liposcelididae) for stored-grain protectionManoj K Nayak
Primary Industries and Fisheries, Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation, Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia
Pest Manag Sci 66:295-300. 2010b>Piperonyl butoxide (PB)-synergised natural pyrethrins (pyrethrin:PB ratio 1:4) were evaluated both as a grain protectant and a disinfestant against four Liposcelidid psocids: Liposcelis bostrychophila Badonnel, L...
- Effect of synergist piperonyl butoxide (PBO) on the toxicity of some essential oils against mosquito larvaeS Yadav
National Institute of Malaria Research, 2 Nanak Enclave, Radio Colony, Delhi 110009
J Commun Dis 41:33-8. 2009Effect of a known synergist piperonyl butoxide on the toxicity of steam distillate essential oils of Jamarosa (Cymbopogan nardus), Pacholli (Pogostemon pacholli), Basil (Ocimum basilicum), and Peppermint (Mentha pipreta) plant species ..
- Comparative evaluation of new synergists containing a butynyl-type synergophore group and piperonyl butoxide derivativesL Pap
Agro-Chemie Ltd, Budapest, H-1780, PO Box 49, Budapest, Hungary
Pest Manag Sci 57:186-90. 2001Cross-substituted derivatives of piperonyl butoxide (PBO) and MB-599 (proposed common name: verbutin) were synthesized and investigated as carbofuran and permethrin synergists against housefly, Musca domestica L...
- Possible involvement of oxidative stress in piperonyl butoxide induced hepatocarcinogenesis in ratsMasako Muguruma
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Fuchu City, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Toxicology 236:61-75. 2007To clarify the possible mechanism of non-genotoxic hepatocarcinogenesis induced by piperonyl butoxide (PBO), male F344 rats were administered an i.p. injection of N-diethylnitrosamine (DEN) to initiate hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Reproductive and neurobehavioural effects of piperonyl butoxide administered to mice in the dietT Tanaka
Department of Toxicology, Tokyo Metropolitan Research Laboratory of Public Health, 3 24 1, Hyakunincho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 169 0073, Japan
Food Addit Contam 20:207-14. 2003b>Piperonyl butoxide was given in the diet to mice to provide levels of 0 (control), 0.01, 0.03 and 0...
- Synergist efficacy of piperonyl butoxide with deltamethrin as pyrethroid insecticide on Culex tritaeniorhynchus (Diptera: Culicidae) and other mosquitoe speciesM R Fakoorziba
School of Health, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Environ Toxicol 24:19-24. 2009..So, it is suggested that PBO is a good synergist in this area for decreasing the use of pesticides in environment in vector control...
- Threshold dose of piperonyl butoxide that induces reactive oxygen species-mediated hepatocarcinogenesis in ratsMasako Muguruma
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai cho, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Arch Toxicol 83:183-93. 2009To determine the threshold dose of piperonyl butoxide (PBO) that induces hepatocellular tumor-promoting effects, reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation, and drug-metabolizing enzymes that protect against ROS generation, partial ..
- Novel evidence of cytochrome P450-catalyzed oxidation of phenanthrene in Phanerochaete chrysosporium under ligninolytic conditionsDaliang Ning
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, People s Republic of China
Biodegradation 21:889-901. 2010..b>Piperonyl butoxide, a P450 inhibitor which had no effect on manganese peroxidase activity, significantly inhibited phenanthrene ..
- Evaluation of efficacy and human health risk of aerial ultra-low volume applications of pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide for adult mosquito management in response to West Nile virus activity in Sacramento County, CaliforniaPaula A Macedo
Sacramento Yolo Mosquito and Vector Control District, 8631 Bond Road, Elk Grove, CA 95757, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 26:57-66. 2010..District decided on July 26, 2007, to conduct aerial applications of Evergreen EC 60-6 (60% pyrethrins: 6% piperonyl butoxide) over approximately 215 km2 in the north area of Sacramento County on the nights of July 30, July 31, and ..
- The involvement of microsomal oxidases in pyrethroid resistance in Helicoverpa armigera from AsiaY Yang
Department of Entomology, College of Plant Protection, Nanjing Agricultural University, Weigang No 1, 210095, PR China
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 34:763-73. 2004..Selection with a mixture of fenvalerate and piperonyl butoxide (PBO) for 14 generations ('YGFP') resulted in resistance ratios of 2510, 2920 and 286...
- Molecular pathological analysis for determining the possible mechanism of piperonyl butoxide-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in miceMasako Muguruma
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai cho, Fuchu City, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Toxicology 228:178-87. 2006b>Piperonyl butoxide (PBO), alpha-[2-(2-butoxyethoxy)ethoxy]-4,5-methylene-dioxy-2-propyltoluene, is widely used as a synergist for pyrethrins...
- Combining piperonyl butoxide and dinotefuran restores the efficacy of deltamethrin mosquito nets against resistant Anopheles gambiae (Diptera: Culicidae)Frederic Darriet
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR Maladies Infectieuses et Vecteurs, Ecologie, Genetique, Evolution et Contrôle, Laboratoire de Lutte contre les Insectes Nuisibles, WHO Collaborating Centre, 911 Avenue Agropolis, BP 64501, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Med Entomol 48:952-5. 2011..Giles (VKPR: homozygous Kdr), deltamethrin was combined with the neonicotinoid insecticide dinotefuran and piperonyl butoxide (PBO)...
- Effects of the synergists piperonyl butoxide and S,S,S-tributyl phosphorotrithioate on propoxur pharmacokinetics in Blattella germanica (Blattodea: Blattellidae)H Sanchez-Arroyo
, , Mexico
J Econ Entomol 94:1209-16. 2001Effects of the synergists piperonyl butoxide (PBO) and S,S,S-tributyl phosphorotrithioate (DEF) on propoxur pharmacokinetics were examined in the German cockroach, Blattella germanica (L.)...
- Environmental concentrations, fate, and risk assessment of pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide after aerial ultralow-volume applications for adult mosquito managementJerome J Schleier
Department of Land Resources and Environmental Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 27:1063-8. 2008..fate and efficacy study in Princeton and Colusa (both CA, USA) after aerial applications of pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide (PBO). One hour before application, PBO concentrations in water were 0.008 and 0...
- Changes to oxfendazole chiral kinetics and anthelmintic efficacy induced by piperonyl butoxide in horsesS F Sanchez Bruni
Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, Campus Universitario, 7000, Tandil
Equine Vet J 37:257-62. 2005..The study of novel pharmacological strategies to control parasitism in horses is required since many parasite species have developed resistance to anthelmintic drugs...
- A randomised, assessor blind, parallel group comparative efficacy trial of three products for the treatment of head lice in children--melaleuca oil and lavender oil, pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide, and a "suffocation" productStephen C Barker
Parasitology Section, School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences, and UniQuest Pty, Ltd, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, 4072 Australia
BMC Dermatol 10:6. 2010..efficacy and safety of three topical pediculicides: a pediculicide containing melaleuca oil (tea tree oil) and lavender oil (TTO/LO); a head lice "suffocation" product; and a product containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide (P/PB).
- Elevation of cell proliferation via generation of reactive oxygen species by piperonyl butoxide contributes to its liver tumor-promoting effects in miceMasaomi Kawai
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai cho, Fuchu shi, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Arch Toxicol 84:155-64. 2010b>Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) is a pesticide synergist used with pyrethroids as a domestic insecticide, and it acts as a non-genotoxic hepatocarcinogen in rats and mice...
- Piperonyl butoxide induces the expression of cytochrome P450 and glutathione S-transferase genes in Drosophila melanogasterLee Willoughby
Centre for Environmental Stress and Adaptation Research CESAR, Department of Genetics, Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Pest Manag Sci 63:803-8. 2007b>Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) is an insecticide synergist known to inhibit the activity of cytochrome P450 enzymes...
- Role of P450 monooxygenases in the degradation of the endocrine-disrupting chemical nonylphenol by the white rot fungus Phanerochaete chrysosporiumVenkataramanan Subramanian
Environmental Genetics and Molecular Toxicology Division, Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0056, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:5570-80. 2009..The P450 enzyme inhibitor piperonyl butoxide caused significant inhibition (approximately 75%) of the degradation activity in nutrient-rich malt extract (..
- Does synergized pyrethrin applied over wetlands for mosquito control affect Daphnia magna zooplankton or Callibaetis californicus mayflies?Sharon P Lawler
Department of Entomology, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Pest Manag Sci 64:843-7. 2008..Six mesocosms were exposed to spray deposition. Caged adult mosquitoes were used to verify that sprays drifted over mesocosms. Sediments were analyzed for insecticide residues...
- Toxicity of the mosquito control pesticide Scourge to adult and larval grass shrimp (Palaemonetes pugio)Peter Key
National Ocean Service, Center for Coastal Environmental Health and Biomolecular Research, Charleston, SC 29412, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 40:585-94. 2005..The results also demonstrate that synergized resmethrin is more toxic to P. pugio than the nonsynergized form, and that the presence of sediment decreases the toxicity of both resmethrin and Scourge...
- Pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide adsorption to soil organic matterGeorge F Antonious
Department of Plant and Soil Science, Kentucky State University, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 39:19-32. 2004..Pys), the major insecticidal components obtained from the pyrethrum daisy Tanacetum cinerariifolium, and piperonyl butoxide (PBO), a pyrethrum synergist, were determined in soil using batch-equilibrium and reverse-phase thin-layer ..
- Polymorphisms in a carboxylesterase gene between organophosphate-resistant and -susceptible Aphis gossypii (Homoptera: Aphididae)Lujuan Sun
Department of Entomology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, People s Republic of China
J Econ Entomol 98:1325-32. 2005..The combined results suggest that the structural gene substitution is likely the molecular basis of the organophosphate resistance in this laboratory-selected cotton aphid strain...
- Development of a novel self-medicating applicator for control of internal and external parasites of wild and domestic animalsM J Burridge
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, P O Box 110880, Gainesville, Florida 32611 0880, USA
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 71:41-51. 2004....
- Effect of pretreatment with piperonyl butoxide on pyrethroid efficacy against insecticide-resistant Helicoverpa armigera (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) and Bemisia tabaci (Sternorrhyncha: Aleyrodidae)Susan J Young
Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
Pest Manag Sci 62:114-9. 2006..armigera are inhibited by the insecticide synergist piperonyl butoxide (PBO) over a 22-h period. It is demonstrated here that similar inhibition can be obtained against B-type B...
- [Efficacy of pediculicidal drugs in pediculosis capitis]Imma Danés
Fundacio Institut Catala de Farmacologia, Servicio de Farmacologia Clinica, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 124:512-4. 2005
- Influence of pyrethroids and piperonyl butoxide on the Ca(2+)-ATPase activity of rat brain synaptosomes and leukocyte membranesNina Grosman
Department of Pharmacology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Int Immunopharmacol 5:263-70. 2005..The pyrethroids were tested alone as well as mixed with the enhancing substance piperonyl butoxide (PBO) at concentration ratios of 1:5 and 1:10...
- Variations in the insecticide-resistance spectrum of Anopheles stephensi after selection with deltamethrin or a deltamethrin-piperonyl-butoxide combinationS Kumar
Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 98:861-71. 2004..When F(24) deltamethrin-resistant larvae were selected with 1:5 deltamethrin-piperonyl butoxide (deltamethrin-PBO), instead of deltamethrin alone, for 16 generations, the level of resistance to ..
- Aerial ultra-low-volume assessment of ANVIL 10+10 against Anopheles quadrimaculatusMax V Meisch
Department of Entomology, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 21:301-4. 2005..Coupled with unreplicated results from a nonoptimized application, these tests provide further documentation of the efficacy of ANVIL 10+10 for wide-area adult mosquito control and for optimization technology...
- Efficacy of thermal fog application of deltacide, a synergized mixture of pyrethroids, against Aedes aegypti, the vector of dengueT R Mani
Centre for Research in Medical Entomology, Madurai, India
Trop Med Int Health 10:1298-304. 2005..7% w/v, deltamethrin 0.5% w/v and piperonyl butoxide 8.9% w/v) against adult populations of Aedes aegypti in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India...
- A human-health risk assessment for West Nile virus and insecticides used in mosquito managementRobert K D Peterson
Agricultural and Biological Risk Assessment, Department of Land Resources and Environmental Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:366-72. 2006..Further, our results indicate that, based on human-health criteria, the risks from WNV exceed the risks from exposure to mosquito insecticides...
- Influence of pyrethroids and piperonyl butoxide on histamine release from isolated rat mast cellsN Grosman
Department of Pharmacology, now Department of Biomedical Sciences, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Inflamm Res 56:473-8. 2007..The present investigation explores to what extent their influence on the function of intact cells, i. e. isolated rat mast cells, correlates with these membrane interactions...
- Biochemical mechanisms of resistance in Daphnia magna exposed to the insecticide fenitrothionJoana Damasio
Laboratório de Toxicologia Ambiental, Universidad Politecnica de Catalunya, Terrassa, Spain
Chemosphere 70:74-82. 2007..Inhibition of mixed- function oxidases (MFOs) by piperonyl butoxide (PBO) increased the tolerance to fenitrothion by almost 20-fold in all clones without altering their ..
- An ecological risk assessment for insecticides used in adult mosquito managementRyan S Davis
Department of Land Resources and Environmental Sciences, 334 Leon Johnson Hall, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 3:373-82. 2007..b>Piperonyl butoxide, a synergist for the pyrethroids, was also assessed...
- Efficacy of various pyrethroid structures against a highly metabolically resistant isogenic strain of Helicoverpa armigera (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) from ChinaJianguo Tan
Department of Entomology, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, Cornell University, Geneva, NY 14456, USA
Pest Manag Sci 63:960-8. 2007..armigera. With this strain, cross-resistance among 19 pyrethroid insecticides with varying chemical structures was analysed...
- Genetics and mechanism of resistance to deltamethrin in a field population of Spodoptera litura (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)Munir Ahmad
Department of Entomology, University College of Agriculture, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan
Pest Manag Sci 63:1002-10. 2007..litura. Therefore, the genetics and mechanisms of the resistance of S. litura to deltamethrin were investigated...
- Insecticide toxicity and synergism by enzyme inhibitors in 18 species of pest insect and natural enemies in crucifer vegetable cropsGang Wu
Key Laboratory of Biopesticide and Chemical Biology, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Ministry of Education, Fuzhou, Fujian 350002, China
Pest Manag Sci 63:500-10. 2007..b>Piperonyl butoxide (PB) exhibited low toxicities to the herbivorous pest insects and ladybirds, but high toxicities to the ..
- Ground ultra-low volume assessment of Aqua-KontrolM V Meisch
Department of Entomology, 319 Agriculture Building, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 22:758-9. 2006..Droplet collections on magnesium-oxide-coated (MGO) glass slides from 3 applications revealed mean deposition rate of 216 droplets/cm2 and 11-micron volume median diameter (VMD) (based on Aqua-Kontrol label spread factor of 0.61)...
- Toxicity, synergism, and neurological effects of novel volatile insecticides in insecticide-susceptible and -resistant Drosophila strainsSam N Nguyen
Insect Toxicology Laboratory, Department of Entomology and Nematology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0620, USA
J Econ Entomol 100:534-44. 2007..These findings also suggest potential approaches for insecticide deployment in integrated vector management and resistance management programs...
- [Investigation of pediculosis carried out as the special study module No. 74, a part of Ege University Medical Faculty's educational program]Esra Noyan
Ege Universitesi Tip Fakültesi III Sinif Oğrencisi ve 74 no lu OCM Oğrencileri
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 30:32-4. 2006..Twenty female students had pediculosis capitis, but no male students were infested. The infestation rate in the girls was 55.5%. Positive cases were treated and 35.0% were found to be cured during a control performed one week later...
- Dieldrin resistance in the malaria vector Anopheles gambiae in GhanaB D Brooke
Vector Control Reference Unit, National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Sandringham, South Africa
Med Vet Entomol 20:294-9. 2006....
- Aquatic effects of aerial spraying for mosquito control over an urban areaDonald P Weston
Department of Integrative Biology, 3060 Valley Life Sciences Building, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3140, USA
Environ Sci Technol 40:5817-22. 2006..dispersed insecticide over Sacramento, CA, treating nearly 50,000 hectares with pyrethrins and the synergist piperonyl butoxide (PBO)...
- Toxicity of three mosquito insecticides to crayfishE A Paul
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Rome Field Station, 8314 Fish Hatchery Road, Rome, NY 13440, USA
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 76:614-21. 2006
- Evaluation of substituted oxime ethers for growth regulatory activity against Spodoptera litura (F.)H Izadi
Division of Plant Protection, Faculty of Agriculture, Valie Asr University, Rafsanjan, Iran
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 70:651-60. 2005..Three compounds used in this study were also synergised by piperonyl butoxide (PBO). The synergistic ratios were found in the range of 1.33 to 4.605...
- Ultra low volume aerosol application of deltacide (deltamethrin 0.5% w/v, S-bioallethrin 0.71% w/v & piperonyl butoxide 8.9% w/v) against mosquitoesR Srinivasan
Vector Control Research Centre ICMR, Pondicherry, India
Indian J Med Res 123:55-60. 2006..deltamethrin 0.5 per cent w/v, S-bio-allethrin 0.71 per cent w/v and piperonyl butoxide 8.9 per cent w/v is suitable for ULV application...
- Characterization of Anopheles minimus CYP6AA3 expressed in a recombinant baculovirus systemSoamrutai Boonsuepsakul
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 69:13-21. 2008..Deltamethrin degradation and formation of metabolites were NADPH-dependent and inhibited by piperonyl butoxide. Deltamethrin was catalyzed by CYP6AA3 with an apparent K(m) of 80.0 +/- 2.0 and V(max) of 60.2 +/- 3...
- Toxaphene detoxification and acclimation in Daphnia magna: do cytochrome P-450 enzymes play a role?Donna R Kashian
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Biology, Colorado State University, 136 JVK Wagar Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1474, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 137:53-63. 2004..magna exposed to toxaphene in the presence and absence of piperonyl butoxide (PBO), an inhibitor of cytochrome P-450 enzymes...
- Mechanisms of resistance to organophosphates in Tetranychus urticae (Acari: Tetranychidae) from GreeceA Tsagkarakou
Institut des Sciences de l Evolution, Laboratoire Genetique et Environnement, CC 065, Universite Montpellier II, 34095 05, Montpellier, France
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 32:417-24. 2002..S,S,S-tributyl phosphorotrithioate, a synergist that inhibits esterases and glutathione S-transferases, and piperonyl butoxide, a synergist that inhibits cytochrome P450 mediated monooxygenases, did not affect the level of methyl-..
- Mechanisms of resistance to DDT and pyrethroids in Patagonian populations of Simulium blackfliesC M Montagna
Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Buenos Aires, Neuquen, Argentina
Med Vet Entomol 17:95-101. 2003..Pre-treatment with the synergist piperonyl butoxide (PBO) reduced both DDT and fenvalerate resistance, indicating that resistance was partly due to ..
- Efficacy of Biomist 30:30 and Aqua Reslin against Anopheles quadrimaculatus in ArkansasR J Crockett
Department of Entomology, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 18:68-9. 2002Aqua Reslin and Biomist 30:30 technical permethrin and piperonyl butoxide were applied via ground ultra-low volume at a rate of 237 ml/min and 0.00196 kg active ingredient/ha against wild-caught adult Anopheles quadrimaculatus...
- High level methoprene resistance in the mosquito Ochlerotatus nigromaculis (Ludlow) in central CaliforniaAnthony J Cornel
Department of Entomology, University of California, Davis, Kearney Agricultural Center, Mosquito Control Research Laboratory, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Pest Manag Sci 58:791-8. 2002..The synergists piperonyl butoxide (PBO), S,S,S-tributyl phosphorotrithioate and 3-octylthio-1,1,1-trifluoro-2-propanone had little synergistic ..
- Induction of microsomal cytochrome P450s by tire-leachate compounds, habitat components of Aedes albopictus mosquito larvaeChansak Suwanchaichinda
Department of Entomology, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 49:71-9. 2002..The effect of BZT was reversed when a P450 inhibitor, piperonyl butoxide, was applied in admixture with the insecticides...
- Optimizing an aerial spray for mosquito controlJ R Brown
Navy Disease Vector Ecology and Control Center, Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, FL 32212 0043, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 19:243-50. 2003..A 5-fold increase in mortality was achieved when we used optimization techniques to position the aircraft during a crosswind treatment test...
- Differential expression and induction of two Drosophila cytochrome P450 genes near the Rst(2)DDT locusA Brandt
Department of Entomology, Room 100, 1158 Smith Hall, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1158, USA
Insect Mol Biol 11:337-41. 2002..3-fold; CYP12D1 = 6.0-fold), and (iv) exposure to DDT results in an increased expression of only one of these two P450 genes (CYP12D1 > or = 6-fold above constitutive resistant fly baselines)...
- Comparative susceptibility and possible detoxification mechanisms for selected miticides in banks grass mite and two-spotted spider mite (Acari: Tetranychidae)X Yang
Department of Entomology, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506-4004, USA
Exp Appl Acarol 25:293-9. 2001..1-fold. On the other hand, the synergist piperonyl butoxide (PBO) increased the toxicities of bifenthrin and lambda-cyhalothrin by 6.0- and 2...
- Scabies and pediculosis pubis: an update of treatment regimens and general reviewKaren Wendel
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:S146-51. 2002..Treatment of pediculosis pubis is best accomplished with topical permethrin, lindane, or pyrethrins with piperonyl butoxide. Although resistance to these topical agents has been reported in head lice, decreased efficacy in the ..
- Suppression of bloodfeeding by Ochlerotatus dorsalis and Ochlerotatus melanimon on cattle treated with python ear tagsJ E Lloyd
Department of Renewable Resources, University of Wyoming, Laramie 82071 3354, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 18:207-9. 2002..to compare bloodfeeding rates between cattle treated with 2 Python ear tags (10% zeta-cypermethrin and 20% piperonyl butoxide) per animal and animals that were untreated...
- The in vivo pediculicidal efficacy of a natural remedyKosta Y Mumcuoglu
Department of Parasitology, Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:790-3. 2002..Over the past 20-25 years, 15-20% of all children in Israel between 4 and 13 years of age have been infested with head lice. This is mainly due to the existence of ineffective pediculicides on the market...
- Susceptibility of populations of Banks grass mites (Acari: Tetranychidae) suspected of developing bifenthrin resistance from three maize fieldsE D Bynum
Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, Rt 3, Box 219, Lubbock, Texas 79403, USA
Exp Appl Acarol 27:303-12. 2002..The activity of a dimethoate + bifenthrin mixture and a three way mixture of dimethoate, bifenthrin, and piperonyl butoxide caused 5- and 38-fold increase in toxicity against the more resistant Banks grass mite.
- Role of piperonyl butoxide in the toxicity of chlorpyrifos to Ceriodaphnia dubia and Xenopus laevisA El-Merhibi
School of Pharmaceutical, Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 57:202-12. 2004..The objective of this study was to assess the role of piperonyl butoxide (PBO) on the toxicity of an organophosphorus insecticide, chlorpyrifos (CPF) to two species, Ceriodaphnia ..
- Pyrethroid resistance and mechanisms of resistance in field strains of Helicoverpa armigera (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)K R Kranthi
Central Institute for Cotton Research, Nagpur, India
J Econ Entomol 94:253-63. 2001..The information presented illustrates the importance of proper insect management programs to avoid the consequences associated with improper insecticide use...
- Responses of Corcyra cephalonica (Stainton) to pirimiphos-methyl, spinosad, and combinations of pirimiphos-methyl and synergized pyrethrinsFangneng Huang
Department of Grain Science and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506 2201, USA
Pest Manag Sci 60:191-8. 2004..the susceptibility of this particular strain to pirimiphos-methyl, spinosad, pyrethrins synergized with piperonyl butoxide, and pirimiphos-methyl combined with synergized pyrethrins...
- Field trial efficacy of Anvil 10+10 and Biomist 31:66 against Ochlerotatus sollicitans in DelawareChristopher R Lesser
Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife, Mosquito Control Section, Milford 19963, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 18:36-9. 2002..05) than applications of Biomist at equal percentages of the maximum label rate. Applications of Anvil at rates of 50 and 67% were not effective...
- Peroxide-supported in-vitro cytochrome P450 activities in Haemonchus contortusA C Kotze
CSIRO Division of Animal Production, McMaster Laboratory, Blacktown, NSW, Australia
Int J Parasitol 29:389-96. 1999..Larval activity was inhibited by typical cytochrome P450 inhibitors (piperonyl butoxide, SKF-525A, chloramphenicol, metyrapone, n-octylamine) and was unaffected by the peroxidase inhibitor ..
- Mechanism of iron potentiation of hepatic uroporphyria: studies in cultured chick embryo liver cellsH L Bonkovsky
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Hepatology 10:354-64. 1989..Inhibitors of P-450-phenobarbital, SKF525A and piperonyl butoxide, as well as cadmium and cycloheximide prevented the porphyrin accumulation produced by glutethimide + iron, ..
- Comparative efficacy of several insecticides for control of cattle lice (Mallophaga: Trichodectidae and Anoplura: Haematopinidae)J B Campbell
West Central Research and Extension Center, University of Nebraska, 461 West University Drive, North Platte, NE 69101 7756, USA
Vet Parasitol 96:155-64. 2001..The insecticides included permethrin at various rates as a pour-on with and without the synergist piperonyl butoxide (PBO), and also at various rates as a spray with and without PBO...
- [Resistance to insecticides in larvae and adults of Aedes aegypti, Havana City: prevalence of A4 esterasa associated with resistance to temephos]María Magdalena Rodríguez
Instituto de Medicina Tropical Pedro Kouri, Apartado 601, Marianao 134, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Rev Cubana Med Trop 56:54-60. 2004..According to the results obtained, by using the SSS tributyl phosphotritiade sinergist (DEF) and piperonyl butoxide, it was demonstrated that the multiple function esterases and oxidases played an important role in the ..
- Use of biocidal products (insect sprays and electro-vaporizer) in indoor areas--exposure scenarios and exposure modelingEdith Berger-Preiss
Fraunhofer Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Nikolai Fuchs Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Int J Hyg Environ Health 212:505-18. 2009..Highest exposure concentrations (1100-2100 microg/m3) were measured for piperonyl butoxide (PBO), corresponding to an inhalation intake of 30-60microg...
- Residues and half-lives of pyrethrins on field-grown pepper and tomatoGeorge F Antonious
Community Research Service, Land Grant Program, Atwood Research Facility, Department of Plant and Soil Science, Kentucky State University, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601 2355, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 39:491-503. 2004..2% pyrethrins, 1.0% piperonyl butoxide (PBO), 88% diatomaceous earth, and 10.8% inert ingredients...
- Induction of GST-P-positive proliferative lesions facilitating lipid peroxidation with possible involvement of transferrin receptor up-regulation and ceruloplasmin down-regulation from the early stage of liver tumor promotion in ratsSayaka Mizukami
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai cho, Fuchu shi, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Arch Toxicol 84:319-31. 2010..placental form (GST-P) in the early stage of tumor promotion by fenbendazole (FB), phenobarbital, piperonyl butoxide or thioacetamide in a rat two-stage hepatocarcinogenesis model...
- Effects of induction and inhibition of cytochromes P450 on the hepatotoxicity of methapyrileneG S Ratra
Department of Toxicology, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, United Kingdom
Toxicol Sci 46:185-96. 1998..Pretreatment of male Han Wistar rats with beta-naphthoflavone, phenobarbitone, butylated hydroxytoluene, piperonyl butoxide, Aroclor 1254, or cobalt protoporphyrin IX, agents known to modify hepatic CYP, all afforded some degree of ..
- Assessment of the main metabolism pathways for the flukicidal compound triclabendazole in sheepG Virkel
Laboratorio de Farmacologia, Departmento de Fisiopatologia, Nuncleo Fisfarvet, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, UNCPBA, Tandil, Argentina
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 29:213-23. 2006..05) by the cytochrome P450 inhibitor piperonyl butoxide (PB)...
- Larvicidal and oviposition-altering activity of monoterpenoids, trans-anithole and rosemary oil to the yellow fever mosquito Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae)Ranil Waliwitiya
Department of Biological Sciences, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6, Canada
Pest Manag Sci 65:241-8. 2009..aegypti. The potential for piperonyl butoxide (PBO) to act as a synergist for these compounds to increase larvicidal activity was also examined, and the ..
- Insecticide resistance status of Colorado potato beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) adults in northern Xinjiang Uygur autonomous regionWei hua Jiang
Department of Entomology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
J Econ Entomol 103:1365-71. 2010..Triphenyl phosphate (TPP), diethylmeleate, and piperonyl butoxide (PBO) had little synergism to cyhalothrin in the two populations...
- Within- and between-home variability in indoor-air insecticide levels during pregnancy among an inner-city cohort from New York CityRobin M Whyatt
Columbia Center for Children s Environmental Health, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Environ Health Perspect 115:383-9. 2007..Residential insecticide use is widespread in the United States, but few data are available on the persistence and variability in levels in the indoor environment...
- Ecotoxicologic impacts of agricultural drain water in the Salinas River, California, USABrian S Anderson
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 22:2375-84. 2003..azteca. Potentiation of toxicity with addition of the metabolic inhibitor piperonyl butoxide suggested that sediment toxicity also was due to other non-metabolically activated compounds...
- The cytochromes P-450 are not involved in the modulation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate response by sigma ligands in the rat CA3 dorsal hippocampusF P Monnet
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Synapse 13:30-8. 1993..For this purpose, two cytochrome P-450 inhibitors, proadifen (SKF-525A) and piperonyl butoxide (PB), have been tested in our model...
- Pyrethroid resistance mechanisms in the head louse Pediculus capitis from Israel: implications for controlJ Hemingway
School of Biosciences, University of Wales Cardiff, U K
Med Vet Entomol 13:89-96. 1999..capitis. However, the lack of synergism of phenothrin resistance by piperonyl butoxide suggests that a non-oxidative mechanism is also present in the resistant lice...
- High resistance to pyrethroid insecticides associated with ineffective field treatments in Triatoma infestans (Hemiptera: Reduviidae) from Northern ArgentinaMaría Inés Picollo
Centro de Investigaciones de Plagas e Insecticidas CITEFA CONICET, Juan B De La Salle 4397 B1603ALO, Villa Martelli, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Med Entomol 42:637-42. 2005..Topical application of piperonyl butoxide to the most deltamethrin-resistant population (Salvador Mazza) led to slight reduction in levels of ..
- Professional and consumer insecticides for management of adult Japanese beetle on hybrid tea roseGarima Gupta
Department of Entomology, University of Minnesota, 219 Hodson Hall, 1980 Folwell Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Econ Entomol 100:830-7. 2007..4% pyrethrins), and 27.3% with Orange Guard (D-limonene). Only JB Killer (0.02% pyrethrins plus 0.2% piperonyl butoxide) had mortality of 90.9%, probably due to piperonyl butoxide...
- Ability of white-rot fungi to remove selected pharmaceuticals and identification of degradation products of ibuprofen by Trametes versicolorErnest Marco-Urrea
Departament d Enginyeria Química and Institut de Ciència i Tecnologia Ambiental, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
Chemosphere 74:765-72. 2009..However, our in vivo studies using the cytochrome P450 inhibitors 1-aminobenzotriazole and piperonyl butoxide suggested that the cytochrome P450 system may be involved in the first step of CLOFI and CARBA oxidation by ..
- Laboratory evaluation of verbutin as a synergist of acaricides against larvae of Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus (Acari: Ixodidae)Andrew Y Li
USDA ARS, Knipling Bushland U S Livestock Insects Research Laboratory, 2700 Fredericksburg Rd, Kerrville, TX 78028, USA
J Econ Entomol 103:1360-4. 2010..2x), permethrin (57.9-711.7x), and amitraz (3.5-177.5x). Verbutin alone was more toxic to tick larvae than piperonyl butoxide (PBO), a conventional pesticide synergist. With synergism ratios (SRs) ranging from 1.5 to 6...
- Selective insect antifeedant and toxic action of ryanoid diterpenesA Gonzalez-Coloma
Centro de Ciencias Medioambientales, CSIC, Serrano 115 bis, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 47:4419-24. 1999..The effects of these compounds on the feeding behavior and performance (with and without piperonyl butoxide pretreatment) of Spodoptera littoralis larvae and Leptinotarsa decemlineata adults indicate that some ..
- Resistance to coumaphos and diazinon in Boophilus microplus (Acari: Ixodidae) and evidence for the involvement of an oxidative detoxification mechanismAndrew Y Li
USDA ARS, Knipling Bushland U S Livestock Insects Research Laboratory, 2700 Fredericksburg Road, Kerrville, TX 78028, USA
J Med Entomol 40:482-90. 2003..Metabolic mechanisms of resistance were investigated with synergist bioassays. Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) reduced coumaphos toxicity in susceptible strains, but synergized coumaphos toxicity in resistant ..
- Phthalates, alkylphenols, pesticides, polybrominated diphenyl ethers, and other endocrine-disrupting compounds in indoor air and dustRuthann A Rudel
Silent Spring Institute, 29 Crafts Street, Newton, Massachusetts 02458, USA
Environ Sci Technol 37:4543-53. 2003..were detected in air and 27 were detected in dust, the most abundant being permethrins and the synergist piperonyl butoxide. The banned pesticides heptachlor, chlordane, methoxychlor, and DDT were also frequently detected, ..
- CHEMICAL INDUCED NEPHROTOXICITY--SUCCINIMIDESGARY RANKIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..Collectively, the results of these studies should add important, new knowledge about the nephrotoxic and urotoxic species of succinimides, cellular targets of the toxicant species and potential mechanisms of nephrotoxicity. ..
- Validation of biomarkers of prenatal pesticides exposureRobin Whyatt; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Polytene chromosomes of Culex pipiens mosquito complexAnthony Cornel; Fiscal Year: 2004..p. pipiens, Cx. p. quinquefasciatus and Cx. p. molestus and 2) Determine chromosomal homologies between Cx. p. pipiens, Cx. p. quinquefasciatus and Cx. p. molestus. ..
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposures Among Urban MinoritiesRobin Whyatt; Fiscal Year: 2005..The research will provide important information about pesticide exposure during pregnancy among this minority cohort. ..
- Glutathione-s-transferase mediated pyrethroid resistance in Culex pipiens s.l.Anthony Cornel; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will also lead to understanding the mechanism of metabolic resistance to aid in development of novel, next generation insecticides and synergists that may augment pyrethroids. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..