Summary: A non-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agent with short duration of action. Its lack of significant cardiovascular effects and its lack of dependence on good kidney function for elimination provide clinical advantage over alternate non-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents.
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of atracurium on intraocular pressure, eye position, and blood pressure in eucapnic and hypocapnic isoflurane-anesthetized dogsRose M McMurphy
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Am J Vet Res 65:179-82. 2004To determine effects of atracurium on intraocular pressure (IOP), eye position, and arterial blood pressure in eucapnic and hypocapnic dogs anesthetized with isoflurane.
- Hemodynamic effects of atracurium and cisatracurium and the use of diphenhydramine and cimetidineClaudia Maria Nogueira Correa
Instituto Fernandes Figueira, FIOCRUZ
Rev Bras Anestesiol 60:52-63. 2010Since atracurium can cause hypotension in humans, the hemodynamic effects of atracurium and cisatracurium as well as the hemodynamic protection of diphenhydramine and cimetidine were investigated in rats.
- Comparison of neuromuscular effects, efficacy and safety of rocuronium and atracurium in ambulatory anaesthesiaD G Whalley
Department of General Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Can J Anaesth 45:954-9. 1998To compare the neuromuscular effects, efficacy, and safety of equi-effective doses of rocuronium and atracurium in ambulatory female patients undergoing surgery.
- Neuromuscular blockW C Bowman
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G4 0NR
Br J Pharmacol 147:S277-86. 2006..The nondepolarising blocking drugs are reversible acetylcholine receptor antagonists. The main ones are the atracurium group, which possess a built-in self-destruct mechanism that makes them specially useful in kidney or liver ..
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of cisatracurium besilateD F Kisor
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, Ohio Northern University, Ada, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 36:27-40. 1999Cisatracurium besilate, one of the 10 stereoisomers that comprise atracurium besilate, is a nondepolarising neuromuscular blocking agent with an intermediate duration of action...
- The incidence and mechanisms of pharyngeal and upper esophageal dysfunction in partially paralyzed humans: pharyngeal videoradiography and simultaneous manometry after atracuriumE Sundman
Department of Anesthesiology, Karolinska Hospital and Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Anesthesiology 92:977-84. 2000..The secondary objective was to evaluate the effect of atracurium on pharyngeal function.
- Residual paralysis in the PACU after a single intubating dose of nondepolarizing muscle relaxant with an intermediate duration of actionBertrand Debaene
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Hopital Jean Bernard, Poitiers, France
Anesthesiology 98:1042-8. 2003....
- Variability of duration of action of neuromuscular-blocking drugs in elderly patientsS R Arain
Department of Anaesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:312-5. 2005..The objective of the study was to determine if elderly patients had less variability in duration of action with 2 x ED95 of cisatracurium compared to equipotent doses of rocuronium or vecuronium...
- Comparison of the neuromuscular blocking effect of cisatracurium and atracurium on the larynx and the adductor pollicisK Kirov
Department of Anesthesia, Hopital Henri Mondor, AP HP, University of Paris XII, Paris, France
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 48:577-81. 2004Cisatracurium unlike atracurium is devoid of histamine-induced cardiovascular effects and this alone would be the greatest advantage in replacing atracurium for the facilitation of tracheal intubation...
- Effects of atracurium added to local anesthetics on akinesia in peribulbar blockZuhal Kucukyavuz
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ankara University Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara, Turkey
Reg Anesth Pain Med 27:487-90. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether addition of low-dose atracurium to the local anesthetic mixture has any effects on akinesia in PBA.
- Neuromuscular blockers in early acute respiratory distress syndromeLaurent Papazian
Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Marseille Unité de Recherche sur les Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales Emergentes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 6236, Universite de la Mediterranee Aix Marseille II, Marseille, France
N Engl J Med 363:1107-16. 2010..We evaluated clinical outcomes after 2 days of therapy with neuromuscular blocking agents in patients with early, severe ARDS...
- The influence of atracurium, cisatracurium, and mivacurium on the proliferation of two human cell lines in vitroA Amann
Department of Anesthesiology, Leopold Franzens University of Innsbruck, Austria
Anesth Analg 93:690-6. 2001We tested the influence of atracurium and cisatracurium (final concentrations: 0, 0.96, 3.2, 9.6, 32, and 96 microM) on proliferation of human cells (hepatoma HepG2 cells and human umbilical vein endothelial cells) in vitro...
- Antagonism of low degrees of atracurium-induced neuromuscular blockade: dose-effect relationship for neostigmineThomas Fuchs-Buder
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Institut de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, CIC EC CIE6, Nancy, France
Anesthesiology 112:34-40. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate the dose-effect relationship of neostigmine to antagonize residual paralysis corresponding to a TOF ratio of 0.4 and 0.6...
- Effects of adding alfentanil or atracurium to lidocaine solution for intravenous regional anaesthesiaN Kurt
Adnan Menderes University, Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation, Faculty of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 19:522-5. 2002The addition of alfentanil or atracurium to lidocaine solution for intravenous regional anaesthesia of the arm may have advantages with respect to improved muscle relaxation and better analgesia. The study investigates these possibilities.
- Atracurium is associated with postoperative residual curarizationC McCaul
Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Medicine, St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland
Br J Anaesth 89:766-9. 2002Residual paralysis following the use of neuromuscular blocking drugs remains a clinical problem. As part of departmental quality assurance, we examined the degree of postoperative residual curarization (PORC) following atracurium.
- Anaphylactoid reaction to cisatracurium may be explained by atracurium metabolitesJ Rieder
Anesth Analg 96:301; author reply 301. 2003
- A double-blind, randomized comparison of low-dose rocuronium and atracurium in a desflurane anestheticR V Miguel
Department of Anesthesiology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Clin Anesth 13:325-9. 2001To compare the neuromuscular and hemodynamic effects of rocuronium and atracurium when administered during a desflurane-based anesthetic.
- Intraocular pressure changes during rapid sequence induction and intubation: a comparison of rocuronium, atracurium, and succinylcholineH R Vinik
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama Birmingham 35233, USA
J Clin Anesth 11:95-100. 1999To compare changes in intraocular pressure (IOP) during rapid sequence induction and intubation following rocuronium, succinylcholine, and atracurium.
- Double-blind comparison of the variability in spontaneous recovery of cisatracurium- and vecuronium-induced neuromuscular block in adult and elderly patientsF K Pühringer
Klinikum am Steinenberg, Reutlingen, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:364-71. 2002..This study was designed to compare variability in the offset of two neuromuscular blocking agents with different elimination pathways...
- Incidence and duration of residual paralysis at the end of surgery after multiple administrations of cisatracurium and rocuroniumD M Maybauer
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Germany
Anaesthesia 62:12-7. 2007....
- [Effects of atracurium pretreatment with magnesium on speed of onset, duration, and recovery of neuromuscular blockade]Hong Liang Wu
Department of Anesthesiology, Cancer Hospital, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100021, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 31:73-6. 2009To determine the effects of atracurium pretreatment with magnesium on speed of onset, duration, and recovery of neuromuscular block.
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of the newer neuromuscular blocking drugsD P Atherton
University Department of Anaesthesia, University of Liverpool, Merseyside, England
Clin Pharmacokinet 36:169-89. 1999..Cisatracurium is the 1R-cis 1'R-cis isomer of atracurium. It has similar pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to atracurium...
- Dose requirements of continuous infusion of rocuronium and atracurium throughout orthotopic liver transplantation in humansXiao Chuan Weng
Department of Anesthesiology, First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 6:869-72. 2005To compare the dose requirements of continuous infusion of rocuronium and atracurium throughout orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) in humans.
- Increased sensitivity to rocuronium and atracurium in mitochondrial myopathyJ Finsterer
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Epilepsy and Neuromuscular Disorders, University of Vienna, Austria
Can J Anaesth 45:781-4. 1998To describe the prolonged effect of the intermediate-acting, non-depolarising neuromuscular blocking agents rocuronium and atracurium in a 29-yr-old apparently healthy woman.
- Cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of atracurium, laudanosine and vecuronium following clinical subarachnoid hemorrhageE Tassonyi
Department of Anesthesia, Pharmacology and Surgical Intensive Care, University Hospitals and University Medical Center CMU, Geneva, Switzerland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:1236-41. 2002..This study assessed the concentrations and the time course of passage of vecuronium, atracurium, and its metabolite laudanosine in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of patients undergoing intracranial aneurysm ..
- Determination of atracurium, cisatracurium and mivacurium with their impurities in pharmaceutical preparations by liquid chromatography with charged aerosol detectionAgata Błazewicz
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, National Medicines Institute, 30 34 Chełmska Street, 00 725 Warsaw, Poland
J Chromatogr A 1217:1266-72. 2010..The LC method with charged aerosol detection was developed for the determination of three isomers of atracurium, cisatracurium and also three isomers of mivacurium with their impurities...
- Anaesthetic management of the parturient with protein S deficiency and lumboperitoneal shuntBabita Gupta
Department of Anaesthesiology, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi, India
Anaesth Intensive Care 31:573-5. 2003..She was treated with aspirin and enoxaparin during pregnancy and underwent caesarean section under general anaesthesia without complication...
- [Influence of neostigmine on the course of neuromuscular blockade with rocuronium or cisatracurium: a randomized, double-blind trial]J Barrio
Servicio de Anestesiologia, Hospital Arnau de Vilanova, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 54:399-404. 2007..To compare the time-course of neuromuscular blockade with rocuronium or cisatracurium during intravenous anesthesia, in terms of both the time to spontaneous recovery or time to reversal after administration of neostigmine...
- Atracurium, cisatracurium, vecuronium and rocuronium in patients with renal failureG Della Rocca
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 69:605-11, 612, 5. 2003The cumulative index, the recovery, the onset and the duration of action, of atracurium, cisatracurium, vecuronium and rocuronium in uremic patients undergoing kidney transplantation compared to healthy patients undergoing general surgery ..
- Neuromuscular blocking agents and carotid body oxygen sensingMalin Jonsson
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Karolinska Hospital and Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Adv Exp Med Biol 536:135-40. 2003
- Muscle relaxation and increasing doses of propofol improve intubating conditionsThomas Lieutaud
Départements d anesthésie, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif CHU de Poitiers, Poitiers, France
Can J Anaesth 50:121-6. 2003..This study was designed to determine, during intubation: i). the relative role of anesthetics and atracurium-induced neuromuscular block and; ii)...
- Anaesthetic management in children with metachromatic leukodystrophyJoaquín Hernández-Palazón
Department of Anaesthesia, Hospital Universitario, Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Paediatr Anaesth 13:733-4. 2003..In spite of his demyelinating disease, we used a lumbar epidural technique with general anaesthesia; the epidural catheter allowed us to continue the analgesia postoperatively and to avoid opioids in this high risk patient...
- Consensus guidelines for sustained neuromuscular blockade in critically ill childrenStephen Playfor
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Pendlebury, Manchester, UK
Paediatr Anaesth 17:881-7. 2007..However, similar clinical practice guidelines have not previously been produced for the critically ill pediatric patient...
- Skin reactions to intradermal neuromuscular blocking agent injections: a randomized multicenter trial in healthy volunteersPaul Michel Mertes
Department of Anesthesiology, Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Central, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nancy, Unité Inserm 684, Faculte de Medecine de Nancy, France
Anesthesiology 107:245-52. 2007..Numerous reports confirm the performance of intradermal tests for the diagnosis of anaphylaxis during anesthesia; however, there is controversy over their diagnostic value regarding the newer neuromuscular blocking agents (NMBAs)...
- Comparisons of the dose-response and recovery time course of vecuronium and atracurium in anesthetized chinese adult patientsFu Shan Xue
Department of Anesthesiology, Plastic Surgery Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beyijng, PR of China
Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan 45:9-14. 2007The authors found no study comparing potency and duration of action of vecuronium and atracurium in healthy Chinese, so they compared the dose-response relations of vecuronium and atracurium in anesthetized Chinese adult patients and ..
- [Neuromuscular blockade monitoring at the corrugator supercilii and ocular myasthenia gravis]J M Devys
Département d anesthésiologie réanimation urgences, Fondation Adolphe de Rothschild, 25 29, rue Manin, 75940 Paris Cedex 19, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 22:242-4. 2003..We concluded that monitoring neuromuscular blockade at the corrugator supercilii to assess the intubating conditions is not recommended in a case of ocular myasthenia gravis...
- The relationship of posttetanic count and train-of-four responses during recovery from intense cisatracurium-induced neuromuscular blockadeMohammad I El-Orbany
Department of Anesthesiology, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago 60657, USA
Anesth Analg 97:80-4, table of contents. 2003....
- Cisatracurium vs. Rocuronium: A prospective, comparative, randomized study in adult patients under total intravenous anaesthesiaMilan Adamus
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 150:333-8. 2006..To compare the pharmacodynamics of cisatracurium and rocuronium-induced neuromuscular block following single dose, allowing either spontaneous or neostigmine-accelerated complete recovery...
- [Priming technique with cisatracurium Onset time at the laryngeal muscles]J Schmidt
Anästhesiologische Klinik, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen
Anaesthesist 56:992-1000. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare a bolus application and a priming technique with respect to the laryngeal onset time and peak effect...
- Anaesthesia for abdominal aneurysm repair in a patient with Guillain-Barré SyndromeH Y Yousif
Anaesth Intensive Care 35:310-1. 2007
- Comparison of propofol-alfentanil and propofol-remifentanil anaesthesia in percutaneous nephrolithotripsyM Cicek
Medical School of Inonu University, Department of Anaesthesiology, Malatya, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:683-8. 2005..We compared the effects of propofol-alfentanil or propofol-remifentanil anaesthesia on haemodynamics, recovery characteristics and postoperative analgesic requirements during percutaneous nephrolithotripsy...
- [Feedback control of muscle relaxation with a varying on-off controller using cisatracurium]B Pohl
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivtherapie, Universitat Rostock
Anaesthesist 53:66-72. 2004..However, delayed onset time, non-linearity of the dose-response curve and different sensitivity to muscle relaxants for each patient are limiting factors...
- Inadvertent median artery cannulationJ F Mayhew
Paediatr Anaesth 15:1149; author reply 1149-50. 2005
- Comparative study of intubating conditions at the first minute with suxamethonium, rocuronium and different priming techniques of rocuroniumJ R Ortiz-Gómez
University Clinic, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Navarra, Spain
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:263-8. 2005..To evaluate orotracheal intubation conditions after 1 min...
- [Total intravenous anesthesia with propofol and remifentanil. Results of a multicenter study of 6,161 patients]J Schmidt
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat, Erlangen Nurnberg
Anaesthesist 54:17-28. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate efficacy and tolerability of propofol, remifentanil and cisatracurium or mivacurium in routine anesthetic practice...
- Effects of three different dose regimens of magnesium on propofol requirements, haemodynamic variables and postoperative pain relief in gynaecological surgeryT O Seyhan
Department of Anaesthesiology, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Turkey
Br J Anaesth 96:247-52. 2006..placebo-controlled study we compared the effects of three different dose regimens of magnesium on intraoperative propofol and atracurium requirements, and postoperative morphine consumption in patients undergoing gynaecological surgery.
- Tracheal intubation in routine practice with and without muscular relaxation: an observational studyC Baillard
Hopital Avicenne, APHP, Département d Anesthésie Réanimation and SAMU 93 EA 3409, Bobigny Cedex, France
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:672-7. 2005..There remains controversy as to whether or not a muscle relaxant is routinely required for tracheal intubation. This study examined conditions of intubation in our routine practice, which employs a relaxant-sparing approach...
- Antagonism of profound cisatracurium and rocuronium block: the role of objective assessment of neuromuscular functionAaron F Kopman
Department of Anesthesiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
J Clin Anesth 17:30-5. 2005..70), but clinically undetectable (TOF ratio >0.40), residual neuromuscular block after neostigmine antagonism of profound cisatracurium (CIS) or rocuronium (ROC) block...
- [Monitoring of consciousness with BIS during induction of anesthesia. Which muscle relaxant?]S Gazzanelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Anestesiologiche, Medicina Critica e Terapia del Dolore, Universita degli Studi La Sapienza, Roma
G Chir 26:163-9. 2005..The BIS-index data show that an opiate as Fentanyl is advisable with associations Cisatracurium/Propofol or Vecuronium/Propofol. It is possible to use in these cases a drip infusion to avoid the risk of awareness during intubation...
- Neuromuscular blocking properties of atracurium during sevoflurane or propofol anaesthesia in dogsMarcelo R Kastrup
Veterinary School, Fluminense Federal University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Vet Anaesth Analg 32:222-7. 2005To quantify the neuromuscular blockade (NMB) produced by atracurium in either sevoflurane or propofol-anaesthetized dogs.
- Is muscle relaxant necessary for cardiac surgery?G Gueret
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU La Cavale Blanche, 29609 Brest, France
Anesth Analg 99:1330-3; table of contents. 2004..of residual paralysis, unwanted patient movement, and difficult surgical conditions after a single dose of atracurium (0.5 mg/kg) or cisatracurium (0.15 mg/kg)...
- The effects of cisatracurium on morbidly obese womenYigal Leykin
Department of Anesthesia, Pain, Perioperative Medicine and Intensive Care, Santa Maria degli Angeli Hospital, Pordenone, Italy
Anesth Analg 99:1090-4, table of contents. 2004There is conflicting evidence on the duration of action of atracurium in obese patients. Cisatracurium is one of the stereoisomers of atracurium. We investigated the neuromuscular effects of cisatracurium in morbidly obese patients...
- Cisatracurium versus vecuronium: a comparative, double blind, randomized, multicenter study in adult patients under propofol/fentanyl/N2O anesthesiaC Melloni
Anestesia and Resuscitation Unit, City Hospital, Faenza RA, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 72:299-308. 2006....
- The role of monitoring the depth of anesthesia in a case of hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy (Riley Day syndrome)Sanjib Das Adhikary
Paediatr Anaesth 17:402-3; author reply 403. 2007
- Narcolepsy and cardiac surgery: can anesthesia with propofol and remifentanil be safe?Raquel Peláez
Gregorioi Marañón Hospital, Madrid, Spain
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:201-3. 2004
- Assessment of neuromuscular and haemodynamic effects of cisatracurium and vecuronium under sevoflurane-remifentanil anaesthesia in elderly patientsG T Keles
Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation, Faculty of Medicine, University of Celal Bayar, Manisa, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 21:877-81. 2004..Neuromuscular block times, quality of muscle relaxation for tracheal tube insertion, and the haemodynamic effects after cisatracurium and vecuronium under sevoflurane-remifentanil anaesthesia were compared in elderly patients...
- Cisatracurium or rocuronium versus rocuronium-cisatracurium combinationAhed Zeidan
Department of Anaesthesiology, Sahel General Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 18:879-86. 2006..However, the combination of 1ED95 cisatracurium with 1ED95 rocuronium provided similar intubating conditions to the 2ED95 rocuronium alone, associated with a significantly less pain on injection...
- The effect of cisatracurium and rocuronium on cisatracurium precurarization and the priming principlePeter H K Mak
Department of Anaesthesiology, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, Taiwan ROC
J Clin Anesth 16:83-7. 2004..To demonstrate the effect of administering a precurarizing dose of cisatracurium or rocuronium on the speed of onset of cisatracurium, and to review the possible mechanisms and value of the priming principle...
- [Neuromuscular rest blockades after a single dose of a mid-term muscle relaxant]J U Schreiber
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Anaesthesist 53:1006-8. 2004
- Laryngeal mask airway in patients with tracheal stents who are undergoing non-airway related interventions: report of three casesWei Te Hung
Department of Anesthesiology, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Anesth 16:214-6. 2004..We describe three patients with a tracheal stent in place, who were anesthetized using a Laryngeal Mask Airway for surgery, with smooth results...
- Recovery from neuromuscular block after an intubation dose of cisatracurium and rocuronium in lumbar disc surgeryP Hans
University Department of Anaesthesia and ICM, CHR de la Citadelle, University Hospital, Liege, Belgium
Acta Anaesthesiol Belg 55:129-33. 2004..This study investigated the recovery from neuromuscular block (NMB) after an intubation dose of cisatracurium (C) or rocuronium (R) in 32 patients undergoing lumbar disc surgery...
- Is a desflurane-remifentanil based anesthetic really the best for the wake-up test?Olubukola O Nafiu
Anesth Analg 101:296; author reply 296. 2005
- Intraoperative anisocoria in a child during renal transplantationC Rempf
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Knappschaftskrankenhaus Bochum Langendreer, University Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:307-9. 2008..A transcranial sonography was performed, showing no intracranial pathology. However, retinal hypoperfusion detected with orbital doppler sonography was a plausible explanation for anisocoria...
- Does pancuronium or cisatracurium delay the rate of arousal following remifentanil-based anesthesia?Anis S Baraka
Department of Anesthesiology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut Lebanon
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 18:477-84. 2005....
- Postoperative residual curarization with cisatracurium and rocuronium infusionsG Cammu
Ghent University Hospital, Department of Anaesthesia, Belgium
Eur J Anaesthesiol 19:129-34. 2002..We investigated the recovery characteristics and incidence of postoperative residual curarization after cisatracurium and rocuronium infusions for long duration interventions without systematic antagonism...
- Fast-track method in cardiac surgery: evaluation of risks and benefits of continuous administration techniqueM Najafi
Tehran Heart Center, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Tehran, North Kargar Avenue, Tehran 14117 13138, Iran
Singapore Med J 49:470-5. 2008..This study was carried out to assess the risks and benefits of conducting the fast-track method in cardiac anaesthesia and to evaluate the role of continuous infusion of short-acting anaesthetics in a successful fast-track protocol...
- Intraoperative awareness: detected by the structured Brice interview?M Enlund
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:345-9. 2002..As a part of a quality assurance program at our short-stay surgery all patients exposed to general anesthesia are routinely subjected to a Brice interview, which aims to evaluate our standard anesthetic technique regarding awareness...
- Postoperative residual block after intermediate-acting neuromuscular blocking drugsA H Hayes
Department of Anaesthetics and Intensive Care Medicine, The Queen's University of Belfast, Whitla Medical Building, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
Anaesthesia 56:312-8. 2001..neuromuscular block on arrival of 150 patients in the recovery ward following the use of vecuronium (n = 50), atracurium (n = 50) and rocuronium (n = 50) were recorded. Residual block was defined as a train-of-four ratio of <0.8...
- Reversal of rocuronium-induced neuromuscular block with sugammadex is faster than reversal of cisatracurium-induced block with neostigmineE A Flockton
University Department of Anaesthesia, School of Clinical Sciences, Duncan Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
Br J Anaesth 100:622-30. 2008..The safety of sugammadex and neostigmine was also evaluated...
- Cisatracurium in cardiac surgery--continuous infusion vs. bolus administrationMoosa Mirinejad
Department of Anesthesiology, Madani Heart Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 19:563-72. 2007..3 +/- 5.1 hrs vs. Group B = 10.2 +/- 6.2 hrs, p = 0.256). These results support the intermittent bolus administration of cisatracurium in cardiac surgery following cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Effect of bispectral index (BIS) monitoring on postoperative recovery and sevoflurane consumption among morbidly obese patients undergoing laparoscopic gastric bandingOsama Ibraheim
Department of Anesthesia, King Khalid University Hospital, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 19:819-30. 2008....
- The Thai Anesthesia Incidents Study (THAI study) of ambulatory anesthesia: II. Anesthetic profiles and adverse eventsYodying Punjasawadwong
Department of Anesthesiology, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 91:188-95. 2008..There is a continuing trend to have more elective surgery performed on an outpatient basis...
- Mechanisms of activation of human mast cells and basophils by general anesthetic drugsG Marone
Department of Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, School of Medicine, Italy
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 12:116-25. 1993..the effects of increasing concentrations of muscle relaxants (suxamethonium, d-tubocurarine, vecuronium, and atracurium), hypnotics (propofol, ketamine, and thiopental), opioids (morphine, buprenorphine, and fentanyl), and ..
- Effectiveness of a manually controlled infusion scheme of propofol and alfentanil mixture for endotracheal intubation in hypertensive patients: in comparison with thiamylal and nifedipine plus thiamylalT T Wei
Department of Anesthesiology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Acta Anaesthesiol Sin 34:9-16. 1996..At the same time, the effectiveness of this scheme was compared with two other induction regimens (thiamylal or nifedipine plus thiamylal)...
- [Analgesic and sedative effects of multimodal analgesia in stage of emergence after general anesthesia for cleft lip and/or palate prosthesis]Yan Feng Tang
Department of Anesthesiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325027, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:906-8. 2009..To investigate the effects of multimodal analgesia on analgesia and sedation during emergence of general anesthesia for cleft lip and/or palate surgery pediatric patients...
- Neuromuscular blocking agents' differential bronchoconstrictive potential in Guinea pig airwaysEdmund Jooste
Department of Anesthesiology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Anesthesiology 106:763-72. 2007..have the potential to promote bronchoconstriction due to unintended effects exemplified by histamine release of atracurium or mivacurium and detrimental interactions with muscarinic receptors by rapacuronium...
- Randomized double blind comparison between sciatic-femoral nerve block and propofol-remifentanil, propofol-alfentanil general anesthetics in out-patient knee arthroscopyHala Mostafa
Department of Anesthesia, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
Pak J Biol Sci 11:359-65. 2008..v followed by 9 mg kg(-1) h(-1) i.v. Patients then received atracurium 0.6 mg kg(-1) i.v. to facilitate endotracheal intubation...
- Anesthesia for laparoscopic general surgery. A special reviewM S Takrouri
Department of Anesthesia, College of Medicine, King Saud University, King Khalid University Hospital KKUH
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 15:39-62. 1999..Variety of muscle relaxants including succinylcholine, mivacurium, atracurium, vecuronium aiming at rapid recovery and cardiovascular stability...
- [Influence of lithium on the neuromuscular blockade produced by atracurium and cisatracurium: study on rat phrenic nerve-diaphragm preparations.]Samanta Cristina Antoniassi Fernandes
Departamento de Farmacologia, FCM, UNICAMP
Rev Bras Anestesiol 57:289-300. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate, on the rat diaphragm, the effects of lithium on the muscular response and indirect stimulation, and the possible interaction with neuromuscular blockers...
- [The use of curare-like agents in resuscitation]A Suppini
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital d Instruction des Armees Sainte Anne, Toulon, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 18:341-54. 1999..To analyse current data on use of neuromuscular blocking agents (NBA) in the intensive therapy unit (ITU) patients and to propose practice guidelines...
- Synthesis and structure-activity relationships of neuromuscular blocking agentsZoltan Tuba
Steroid Research Section, Chemical Works of Gedeon Richter Ltd, 10, POB 27, Budapest, H 1475, Hungary
Curr Med Chem 9:1507-36. 2002..3) (1963), pancuronium bromide (9) (1968), vecuronium bromide (11) (1982), pipecuronium bromide (10) (1982), atracurium besylate (5) (1982), doxacurium chloride (6) (1991), mivacurium chloride (8) (1992), rocuronium bromide (12) (..
- Increased sensitivity to depolarization and nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents in young rat hemidiaphragmsL P Fortier
Département d Anesthésiologie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anesthesiology 95:478-84. 2001..The purpose of this study was to determine the relative sensitivity of newborn neuromuscular junctions to succinylcholine and five nondepolarizing agents...
- Comparison of the VBM laryngeal tube and laryngeal mask airway for ventilation during manual in-line neck stabilisationM Noor Zairul
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Sarawak General Hospital, Jalan Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce, Kuching 93050, Sarawak, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 47:892-6. 2006..We compared the LT to the laryngeal mask airway (LMA) as an alternative airway management tool in adult patients with unstable neck and who underwent intubation with manual in-line neck stabilisation...
- Effects of anticholinergics on postoperative vomiting, recovery, and hospital stay in children undergoing tonsillectomy with or without adenoidectomyA K Chhibber
Department of Anesthesiology and Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York 14642, USA
Anesthesiology 90:697-700. 1999..This study was designed to evaluate the effect of atropine and glycopyrrolate on postoperative vomiting in children...
- Efficacy of tramadol versus meperidine for pain relief and safe recovery after adenotonsillectomyZ Ozer
Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation, Mersin University Medical Faculty, Mersin, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 20:920-4. 2003..We compared meperidine and tramadol when given at induction of anaesthesia with respect to their effects on postoperative pain relief and emergence characteristics after adenotonsillectomy in children...
- Pharmacological characteristics of the inhibition of nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents at human adult muscle nicotinic acetylcholine receptorMalin Jonsson Fagerlund
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Anesthesiology 110:1244-52. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of clinically used nondepolarizing NMBAs at human adult muscle nAChRs and the mechanisms behind the inhibition...
- Newer neuromuscular blocking agentsD R Bevan
UBC Department of Anaesthesia, Vancouver General Hospital, B C, Canada
Pharmacol Toxicol 74:3-9. 1994..Two of the agents (doxacurium, mivacurium) are benzylisoquinolines resembling atracurium and two (pipecuronium, rocuronium) are aminosteroids related to pancuronium and vecuronium...
- [Severe hemodynamic instability during the use of isoflurane in a patient with idiopathic scoliosis: case report.]Adriano Bechara de Souza Hobaika
Santa Casa de Belo Horizonte
Rev Bras Anestesiol 57:177-81. 2007..The objective of this report was to present a case of severe hemodynamic instability in a patient with idiopathic scoliosis...
- Does monitoring of post-tetanic count prevent alarms of airway pressure or visible muscle activity during intratracheal jet ventilation? A prospective study with five different neuromuscular blocking agentsA I Puura
Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland
J Clin Monit Comput 16:523-8. 2000..We studied whether monitoring of PTC prevents airway pressure alarms or visible movements of the vocal cords and the abdomen during endolaryngeal procedures (ELPs)...
- Screening procedure for eight quaternary nitrogen muscle relaxants in blood by high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometryV Cirimele
Institut de Medecine Legale, 11 rue Humann, F 67085, Strasbourg, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 789:107-13. 2003..of eight quaternary nitrogen muscle relaxants, including d-tubocurarine, alcuronium, pancuronium, vecuronium, atracurium, mivacurium, rocuronium and mebezonium, in blood samples...
- Differential effects of neuromuscular blockers on twitches and tetani in the isolated rat muscle: a multiple comparison study using simultaneous confidence intervalsL H Ching
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 22:511-6. 2008..of the differential effects of neuromuscular blockers on twitches and tetani was performed, encompassing: atracurium, cisatracurium, mivacurium, pancuronium, rocuronium and vecuronium...
- Controlled retrospective study of the effects of eyedrops containing phenylephrine hydrochloride and scopolamine hydrobromide on mean arterial blood pressure in anesthetized dogsManuel Martin-Flores
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Am J Vet Res 71:1407-12. 2010..To determine whether dogs that received eyedrops containing phenylephrine and scopolamine would have a higher mean arterial blood pressure (MAP) when anesthetized than would dogs that did not receive the eyedrops...
- Monitoring and reversal of neuromuscular blockD R Bevan
Department of Anesthesia, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Health Syst Pharm 56:S10-3. 1999..with a threefold greater occurrence of postoperative pulmonary complications compared with vecuronium or atracurium. Spontaneous recovery from neuromuscular block occurs through redistribution, metabolism, or buffered diffusion, ..
- Inspired oxygen fraction of 0.8 compared with 0.4 does not further reduce postoperative nausea and vomiting in dolasetron-treated patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomyS N Piper
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Klinikum Ludwigshafen D 67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Br J Anaesth 97:647-53. 2006..The aim of the study was to evaluate whether an inspired oxygen fraction of 0.8 decreases PONV in patients receiving the 5-HT3-antagonist dolasetron...
- The preoperative administration of ketoprofen improves analgesia after laparoscopic cholecystectomy in comparison with propacetamol or postoperative ketoprofenG Boccara
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care, Hospital Saint Joseph, 75674 Paris, France
Br J Anaesth 94:347-51. 2005..We compared perioperative propacetamol (P) and ketoprofen (K) to provide analgesia after laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Combination therapy in the prevention of PONV after strabismus surgery in children: granisetron, ondansetron, midazolam with dexamethasoneWaleed Riad
Dept of Anesthesia, King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital, P O Box 7191, Riyadh 11462, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 20:431-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of granisetron, ondansetron, midazolam combination with dexamethasone in the prevention of PONV following strabismus repair in pediatric population...
- Elevated vascular resistance after labetalol during resection of a pheochromocytoma (brief report)Peter C H Chung
Department of Anesthesiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Can J Anaesth 49:148-50. 2002..To report a case of pheochromocytoma exhibiting an increase in systemic vascular resistance index (SVRI) and decreased cardiac index (CI) after use of labetalol...
- Newer neuromuscular blocking drugs. An overview of their clinical pharmacology and therapeutic useR K Mirakhur
Department of Anaesthetics, Queen s University, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Drugs 44:182-99. 1992..doxacurium chloride, mivacurium chloride and Org 9426 (rocuronium) offer alternatives to the established agents atracurium besilate and vecuronium bromide...
- Effect of magnesium sulfate infusion on sevoflurane consumption, hemodynamics, and perioperative opioid consumption in lumbar disc surgeryNihal Oguzhan
Department of Anesthesiology, Trakya University, Turkey
J Opioid Manag 4:105-10. 2008....
- Propofol reduces succinylcholine induced increase of masseter muscle toneW C Ummenhofer
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Basel, Kantonsspital, Switzerland
Can J Anaesth 45:417-23. 1998....
- [Pharmacology of sugammadex]C Meistelman
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU de Brabois, rue du Morvan, 54500 Vandoeuvre Nancy, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 28:S51-6. 2009..It cannot reverse neuromuscular block induced by succinylcholine or benzylisoquinolines such as atracurium or cisatracurium...
- PHYSIOLOGIC RESPONSE TO THERMAL INJURYEDWARD PAVLIN; Fiscal Year: 1990..We have demonstrated that resistance to atracurium (a new short-acting NDMR) develops after 7 days post injury, peaks at 30-50 days, decreases by 90 days, and is ..
- PARALYSIS--ITS ANTAGONISM DURING SURGERY AND ANESTHESIARonald Miller; Fiscal Year: 1990..Third, the basic and clinical pharmacology of atracurium will be studied focusing on the quantitative and qualitative analysis of its spontaneous and enzyme-mediated ..
- Exacerbation of Alzheimer's Disease by Nitrous OxideW Kofke; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, observation of a protective effect may result in discovery of an easily implemented preventative drug therapy for AD. ..