Genomes and Genes
Summary: An angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor. It is used in patients with hypertension and heart failure.
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Comparison of different therapeutic strategies in hypertension: a low-dose combination of perindopril/indapamide versus a sequential monotherapy or a stepped-care approachJean Jacques Mourad
Jean Jacques Mourad, Department of Internal Medicine, Avicenne Hospital, Bobigny, France
J Hypertens 22:2379-86. 2004..To compare the efficacy and the tolerability of three different strategies in the treatment of hypertension (low-dose combination, sequential monotherapy and stepped-care)...
- Treatment of hypertension in patients 80 years of age or olderNigel S Beckett
Care of the Elderly, Division of Medicine, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 358:1887-98. 2008..Whether the treatment of patients with hypertension who are 80 years of age or older is beneficial is unclear. It has been suggested that antihypertensive therapy may reduce the risk of stroke, despite possibly increasing the risk of death...
- Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendroflumethiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BBjorn Dahlof
Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, SE 416 85 Goteborg, Sweden
Lancet 366:895-906. 2005..Our aim, therefore, was to compare the effect on non-fatal myocardial infarction and fatal CHD of combinations of atenolol with a thiazide versus amlodipine with perindopril.
- The perindopril in elderly people with chronic heart failure (PEP-CHF) studyJohn G F Cleland
Department of Cardiology, University of Hull, Castle Hill Hospital, Castle Road, Cottingham, Kingston upon Hull HU16 5JQ, UK
Eur Heart J 27:2338-45. 2006..Few substantial randomized controlled trials have been conducted in this population, none has focussed on patients with evidence of diastolic dysfunction and none has shown clear benefit on symptoms, morbidity, or mortality...
- Comparative study of Mg/Al- and Zn/Al-layered double hydroxide-perindopril erbumine nanocomposites for inhibition of angiotensin-converting enzymeSamer Hasan Hussein Al Ali
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 7:4251-62. 2012The intercalation of a drug active, perindopril, into Mg/Al-layered double hydroxide for the formation of a new nanocomposite, PMAE, was accomplished using a simple ion exchange technique...
- Protective effect of perindopril on diabetic retinopathy is associated with decreased vascular endothelial growth factor-to-pigment epithelium-derived factor ratio: involvement of a mitochondria-reactive oxygen species pathwayZhi Zheng
Department of Ophthalmology, First People s Hospital of Shanghai, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Diabetes 58:954-64. 2009....
- Effect of perindopril on physical function in elderly people with functional impairment: a randomized controlled trialDeepa Sumukadas
Section of Ageing and Health, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
CMAJ 177:867-74. 2007..We sought to examine the effect of the angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor perindopril on physical function in elderly people with functional impairment who had no heart failure or left ventricular ..
- Differential impact of blood pressure-lowering drugs on central aortic pressure and clinical outcomes: principal results of the Conduit Artery Function Evaluation (CAFE) studyBryan Williams
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Circulation 113:1213-25. 2006..Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial (ASCOT), examined the impact of 2 different BP lowering-regimens (atenolol+/-thiazide-based versus amlodipine+/-perindopril-based therapy) on derived central aortic pressures and hemodynamics.
- Mechanism(s) of selective systolic blood pressure reduction after a low-dose combination of perindopril/indapamide in hypertensive subjects: comparison with atenololGerard M London
Hopital Manhes, Fleury Merogis, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:92-9. 2004The goal of this study was to determine if a low-dose combination of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril (Per) and the diuretic indapamide (Ind) reduces central (thoracic aorta, carotid artery) as well as brachial ..
- Long-term effect of perindopril on coronary atherosclerosis progression (from the perindopril's prospective effect on coronary atherosclerosis by angiography and intravascular ultrasound evaluation [PERSPECTIVE] study)Gaston A Rodriguez-Granillo
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 100:159-63. 2007The multicenter EUROPA trial of 12,218 patients showed that perindopril decreased adverse clinical events in patients with established coronary heart disease...
- Efficacy of perindopril in reduction of cardiovascular events among patients with stable coronary artery disease: randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trial (the EUROPA study)K M Fox
Cardiology Department, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Lancet 362:782-8. 2003..We assessed whether the ACE inhibitor perindopril reduced cardiovascular risk in a low-risk population with stable coronary heart disease and no apparent heart ..
- The Perindopril Protection Against Recurrent Stroke Study (PROGRESS): clinical implications for older patients with cerebrovascular diseaseYogini Ratnasabapathy
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs Aging 20:241-51. 2003..specifically in older patients with a history of stroke, with particular attention paid to the results from the Perindopril Protection Against Recurrent Stroke Study (PROGRESS)...
- Repair of coronary arterioles after treatment with perindopril in hypertensive heart diseaseB Schwartzkopff
Department of Cardiology, Pneumology and Angiology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Hypertension 36:220-5. 2000..and with transvenous endomyocardial biopsy before and after 12 months of antihypertensive treatment with perindopril (4 to 8 mg/d, mean 5.9+/-2.3 mg/d)...
- Effects of a perindopril-based blood pressure-lowering regimen on the risk of recurrent stroke according to stroke subtype and medical history: the PROGRESS TrialN Chapman
St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
Stroke 35:116-21. 2004The Perindopril Protection Against Recurrent Stroke Study (PROGRESS) showed that blood pressure lowering reduced stroke risk in patients with a history of cerebrovascular events...
- Effects of a fixed combination of perindopril and indapamide in patients with type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney diseaseHiddo J Lambers Heerspink
The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Missenden Road, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
Eur Heart J 31:2888-96. 2010..In these analyses of the ADVANCE trial, we assessed the effects of a fixed combination of perindopril-indapamide on renal and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes according to baseline CKD stage...
- Efficacy of Sevikar® compared to the combination of perindopril plus amlodipine on central arterial blood pressure in patients with moderate-to-severe hypertension: Rationale and design of the SEVITENSION studyLuis M Ruilope
Hypertension Unit, Hospital 12 de Octubre, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Contemp Clin Trials 32:710-6. 2011..sub-study of the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial (ASCOT) investigated the effects of amlodipine/perindopril and atenolol/bendroflumethiazide on central aortic blood pressure (CABP)...
- Reduced cardiac expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 and transforming growth factor beta1 in obese Zucker rats by perindoprilJ E Toblli
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Hospital Aleman, CONICET, Av Pueyrredon 1640, Buenos Aires 1118, Argentina
Heart 91:80-6. 2005To determine whether angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition by perindopril can reduce cardiac transforming growth factor beta1 (TGFbeta1) and plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) and therefore control collagen accumulation in an ..
- Controlled release and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition properties of an antihypertensive drug based on a perindopril erbumine-layered double hydroxide nanocompositeSamer Hasan Hussein Al Ali
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 7:2129-41. 2012The intercalation of perindopril erbumine into Zn/Al-NO(3)-layered double hydroxide resulted in the formation of a host-guest type of material...
- Blood pressure lowering with fixed combination perindopril-indapamide: key findings from ADVANCEJohn Chalmers
The George Institute for International Health, The University of Sydney, PO Box M201, Missenden Road, Sydney NSW 2050, Australia
J Hypertens Suppl 26:S11-5. 2008ADVANCE was planned to investigate the effects of routine blood pressure lowering with the fixed combination perindopril-indapamide on major vascular events in people with type 2 diabetes, irrespective of initial blood pressures or the ..
- Urinary N-acetyl B glucosaminidase as an earlier marker of diabetic nephropathy and influence of low-dose perindopril/indapamide combinationT Basturk
Sisli Etfal Education and Research Hospital, Nephrology Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Ren Fail 28:125-8. 2006..N-Acetyl B glucosaminidase (NAG) is derived from proximal tubular cells and is widely used to evaluate tubular renal function...
- Treatment benefit by perindopril in patients with stable coronary artery disease at different levels of riskJaap W Deckers
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 27:796-801. 2006..We developed a cardiovascular risk model based on the EUROPA study population and investigated whether benefit of long-term administration of the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)-inhibitor perindopril was modified by risk level.
- Aliskiren and perindopril reduce the levels of transforming growth factor-β in patients with non-diabetic kidney diseaseSławomir Lizakowski
Department of Nephrology, Transplantation and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Am J Hypertens 25:636-9. 2012....
- ACE inhibition with perindopril and endothelial function. Results of a substudy of the EUROPA study: PERTINENTClaudio Ceconi
University of Ferrara and Cardiovascular Pathophysiology Research Centre, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Gussago Brescia, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 73:237-46. 2007EUropean trial on Reduction Of cardiac events with Perindopril in stable coronary Artery disease [EUROPA] demonstrates reduction in cardiovascular mortality and myocardial infarction for a possible vascular and antiatherosclerotic effect ..
- Effects of perindopril-based lowering of blood pressure on intracerebral hemorrhage related to amyloid angiopathy: the PROGRESS trialHisatomi Arima
The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney and The Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Stroke 41:394-6. 2010..The objective is to determine whether lowering of blood pressure (BP) provides protection for this high-risk patient group...
- Effect of perindopril on large artery stiffness and aortic root diameter in patients with Marfan syndrome: a randomized controlled trialAnna A Ahimastos
Alfred and Baker Medical Unit, Baker Heart Research Institute, Central Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
JAMA 298:1539-47. 2007..Aortic stiffness is increased in Marfan syndrome contributing to aortic dilatation and rupture, the major cause of premature death in this population. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors have been shown to reduce arterial stiffness...
- Effects of a fixed combination of perindopril and indapamide on macrovascular and microvascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (the ADVANCE trial): a randomised controlled trialAnushka Patel
Cardiovascular Division, The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, PO Box M201, Missenden Road, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
Lancet 370:829-40. 2007....
- Effect of perindopril on the onset and progression of left ventricular dysfunction in Duchenne muscular dystrophyDenis Duboc
French Working Group of Heart Involvement in Myopathies Investigators, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:855-7. 2005The aim of this research was to examine the effects of perindopril on cardiac function in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition and angiogenesis in myocardium of obese Zucker ratsJorge E Toblli
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Hospital Aleman, CONICET, Av Pueyrredon 1640, Buenos Aires 1118, Argentina
Am J Hypertens 17:172-80. 2004..The present study was designed to determine the possible beneficial effects of an ACE inhibitor perindopril on myocardial angiogenesis in an animal model of obesity, hypertension, and NIDDM, such as the obese Zucker rat ..
- Perindopril: an updated review of its use in hypertensionM Hurst
Adis International Limited, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 61:867-96. 2001b>Perindopril erbumine (perindopril) is a prodrug ester of perindoprilat, an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor...
- Effect of a centrally active angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, perindopril, on cognitive performance in chronic cerebral hypo-perfusion ratsKoji Yamada
Pharmacological Research Laboratories, Research Division, Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co, Ltd, 1188 Shimotogari, Nagaizumi cho, Sunto gun, Shizuoka 411 8731, Japan
Brain Res 1421:110-20. 2011We have previously demonstrated that perindopril, an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, ameliorated the cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's disease model animals, independently of its anti-hypertensive effect...
- Effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and exercise training on exercise capacity and skeletal muscleNaoyoshi Minami
Department of Internal Medicine and Rehabilitation Science, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J Hypertens 25:1241-8. 2007..We examined the effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, exercise training and their combination on exercise capacity as well as skeletal muscle fiber type and capillarity in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR)...
- Effects of atenolol, perindopril and verapamil on haemodynamic and vascular function in Marfan syndrome - a randomised, double-blind, crossover trialAndrew Williams
Wales Heart Research Institute, Cardiff University, UK
Eur J Clin Invest 42:891-9. 2012..We therefore performed a prospective, randomised, double-blind, crossover trial to compare the effects of these three agents on large artery function and central aortic pressure in patients with Marfan syndrome...
- Effects of the angiotensin I converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril on cerebral blood flow in awake hypertensive ratsL Bray
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Cardio-vasculaire, , Nancy, France
Am J Hypertens 4:246S-252S. 1991..to higher pressure levels, we studied the effects of the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, perindopril on mean arterial pressure (mean BP), basal CBF, and CBF autoregulation in awake renovascular hypertensive (2 ..
- Perindopril/indapamide combination more effective than enalapril in reducing blood pressure and left ventricular mass: the PICXEL studyBjorn Dahlof
Goteborg University, Sweden
J Hypertens 23:2063-70. 2005..The PICXEL study compared the efficacy of a strategy based on first-line combination with perindopril/indapamide versus monotherapy with enalapril in reducing left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) in hypertensive ..
- Combination of interferon and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, perindopril, suppresses liver carcinogenesis and angiogenesis in miceHitoshi Yoshiji
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Shijo cho 840, Kashihara, Nara 634 8522, Japan
Oncol Rep 13:491-5. 2005..combination effect of the clinically used interferon-beta (IFN) and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, perindopril (PE), on hepatocarcinogenesis induced by diethylnitrosamine, especially in conjunction with angiogenesis...
- Perindopril and indapamide reverse coronary microvascular remodelling and improve flow in arterial hypertensionDanilo Neglia
Fondazione G Monasterio CNR Regione Toscana, Pisa, Italy
J Hypertens 29:364-72. 2011..Using a translational approach, we ascertained whether antihypertensive treatment can reverse microvascular remodelling and improve myocardial perfusion...
- Perindopril improves six minute walking distance in older patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction: a randomised double blind placebo controlled trialS D Hutcheon
Section of Ageing and Health, Department of Medicine, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, UK
Heart 88:373-7. 2002To evaluate the effects of the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril on six minute walking distance and quality of life in very old patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction.
- Effects of estradiol, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and exercise training on exercise capacity and skeletal muscle in old female ratsQi Guo
Department of Internal Medicine and Rehabilitation Science, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
Clin Exp Hypertens 32:76-83. 2010..025 mg/kg/dose, i.p. twice a week) (Est), perindopril (2 mg/kg/day) (Per), exercise training on a treadmill (15 m/min, 10 grade incline, 60 min/day, 5 days/week) (..
- [Perindopril, amlodipine and telmisartan improve arterial stiffness in patients with hypertension]Yan Li
Department of Gerontology, Shengjing Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 37:908-12. 2009To investigate the effect of perindopril, amlodipine and telmisartan on improving the artery stiffness in patients with hypertension.
- Randomized trial of perindopril, enalapril, losartan and telmisartan in overweight or obese patients with hypertensionSergey V Nedogoda
Volgograd State Medical University, Volgograd, Russia
Clin Drug Investig 33:553-61. 2013..This study compared four RAAS inhibitors at full therapeutic doses to determine their effect on blood pressure (BP) and cardiovascular risk factors in these patients...
- Evidence for benefits of perindopril in hypertension and its complicationsStephane Laurent
Department of Pharmacology and INSERM U652, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 18:155S-162S. 2005..clinical trials, that has been gathered in regard to the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor perindopril, demonstrating its efficacy in reducing BP, reversing abnormalities of vascular structure and function in ..
- Decreased muscle ACE activity enhances functional response to endurance training in rats, without change in muscle oxidative capacity or contractile phenotypeEstelle Habouzit
Département des Facteurs Humains, Centre de Recherches du Service de Sante des Armees, F 38700 La Tronche, France
J Appl Physiol (1985) 107:346-53. 2009..sedentary or endurance trained (Sed and Tr, respectively), and treated or not for 10 wk with an ACE inhibitor, perindopril (2 mg.kg(-1).day(-1)) (Per and Ct, respectively) (n = 8 each)...
- Blood pressure and metabolic efficacy of fixed-dose combination of perindopril and indapamide in everyday practiceCsaba Farsang
Cardiometabolic Centre, St Imre Teaching Hospital, Budapest H 1115, Hungary
Blood Press 22:3-10. 2013The aim of the PICASSO study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of fixed-dose perindopril 10 mg/indapamide 2.5 mg in everyday medical practice...
- Inhibition of AAA in a rat model by treatment with ACEI perindoprilFei Xiong
Department of Vascular Surgery, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
J Surg Res 189:166-73. 2014The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effect of a new angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril on the formation of experimental abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs) in a rat model induced by intraluminal elastase ..
- Combination of interferon-beta and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, perindopril, attenuates the murine liver fibrosis developmentHitoshi Yoshiji
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Japan
Liver Int 25:153-61. 2005..A model of CCl(4)-induced hepatic fibrosis was used to assess the effect of the clinically used ACE-I, perindopril (PE), and IFN-beta...
- Twenty-four-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring efficacy of perindopril/indapamide first-line combination in hypertensive patients: the REASON studyJean Michel Mallion
Cardiologie et Hypertension Arterielle, Service de Médecine Interne et Cardiologie, Hopital A Michallon CHU, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Am J Hypertens 17:245-51. 2004..The purpose of this study was to analyze the efficacy of the first-line combination of perindopril 2 mg plus indapamide 0...
- Impact of the therapy by renin-angiotensin system targeting antihypertensive agents perindopril versus telmisartan on prothrombotic state in essential hypertensionA Remkova
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Comenius University in Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Hum Hypertens 22:338-45. 2008The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of therapy by perindopril or telmisartan on endothelial/platelet function and on coagulation/fibrinolysis in 20 and 16 hypertensive patients, respectively...
- Antihypertensive utility of perindopril in a large, general practice-based clinical trialStevo Julius
Division of Hypertension, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 6:10-7. 2004The authors evaluated, in a community-based open-label trial, the effectiveness and safety of perindopril in 13,220 US hypertensive patients and studied how physicians adhere to hypertension treatment guidelines...
- Very-low-dose combination of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril and the diuretic indapamide induces an early and sustained increase in neovascularization in rat ischemic legsJean Sebastien Silvestre
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U541, Hopital Lariboisiere, Universite Paris, Paris, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 303:1038-43. 2002..This study examined the possible role of the very-low-dose combination of perindopril (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor) and indapamide (diuretic), used first-line in the treatment of ..
- Long-term renoprotection by perindopril or nifedipine in non-hypertensive patients with Type 2 diabetes and microalbuminuriaG Jerums
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, and Endocrinology Unit, Austin Health, Studley Road, Heidelberg, 3084 Victoria, Australia
Diabet Med 21:1192-9. 2004To assess the efficacy of an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor (perindopril), a dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker (sustained release nifedipine) and placebo in preventing the progression of albuminuria and decline in ..
- Effects of valsartan and perindopril combination therapy on left ventricular hypertrophy and aortic arterial stiffness in patients with essential hypertensionFutoshi Anan
Department of Internal Medicine 1, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, 1 1 Idaigaoka, Hasama, Oita, 879 5593, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:353-9. 2005..of an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB; valsartan) and an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI; perindopril) on blood pressure (BP), metabolic profiles, plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels, echocardiographic ..
- Combinations of inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin system with calcium channel blockers for the treatment of hypertension: focus on perindopril/amlodipineJean Jacques Mourad
Dept of Internal Medicine and Arterial Hypertension, Avicenne Hospital, Bobigny Cedex, France
Curr Med Res Opin 26:2263-76. 2010..This article reviews the rationale for, and evidence supporting, the use of newer fixed-dose combinations of RAS inhibitors and CCBs, with particular emphasis on perindopril/amlodipine.
- The effects of perindopril on aortic elasticity and inflammatory markers in hypertensive patientsCem Koz
Department of Cardiology, Gulhane Military Medical School, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Med Sci Monit 15:PI41-5. 2009..Inflammatory changes induced even in prehypertensive subjects can lead to increased arterial stiffness. The effects of perindopril on both inflammatory and aortic elasticity markers were tested in hypertensive patients.
- Optimizing the treatment of hypertension and stable coronary artery disease: clinical evidence for fixed-combination perindopril/amlodipineRoberto Ferrari
University of Ferrara, Italy and Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS, Ferrara, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 24:3543-57. 2008..This article reviews evidence for the fixed combination of the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor perindopril and the calcium channel blocker amlodipine.
- Costs and effects of secondary prevention with perindopril in stable coronary heart disease in Poland: an analysis of the EUROPA study including 1251 Polish patientsW Ken Redekop
Institute for Medical Technology Assessment and Institute of Health Policy and Management, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacoeconomics 26:861-77. 2008To estimate the long-term impact of treatment with perindopril on costs and health effects in patients with stable coronary artery disease in Poland.
- Molecular structure and stability of perindopril erbumine and perindopril L-arginine complexesMilan Remko
Comenius University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Odbojarov 10, SK 832 32 Bratislava, Slovakia
Eur J Med Chem 44:101-8. 2009..used to elucidate molecular properties of the antihypertensive, cardiovascular protective and antithrombotic perindopril ((2S,3aS,7aS)-1-[(2S)-2-[[(2S)-1-ethoxy-1-oxopentan-2-yl]amino]propanoyl]-2,3,3a,4,5,6,7,7a-octahydroindole-2-..
- Clinical experience with perindopril in African-American hypertensive patients: a large United States community trialJay N Cohn
Cardiovascular Division, University of Minnesota Medical School, Box 508, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Hypertens 17:134-8. 2004..The prevalence of hypertension is greater in African Americans, and management of this condition presents challenges for practicing physicians...
- Perindopril, a centrally active angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, prevents cognitive impairment in mouse models of Alzheimer's diseaseYi Fei Dong
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Therapeutics, Kumamoto University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
FASEB J 25:2911-20. 2011..g., perindopril), as opposed to non-brain-penetrating ACE inhibitors (e.g...
- Effects of irbesartan and perindopril on forearm reactive hyperemia and inflammatory process, in normotensive patients with coronary artery diseaseDimitris Tousoulis
Int J Cardiol 124:127-9. 2008
- Perindopril-based blood pressure-lowering reduces major vascular events in patients with atrial fibrillation and prior stroke or transient ischemic attackHisatomi Arima
George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Australia
Stroke 36:2164-9. 2005..The primary objective here is to determine whether routine blood pressure-lowering provides additional protection for this high-risk patient group...
- Effects of perindopril on elastic and structural properties of large arteries in essential hypertensionYves Lacourciere
Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec
Can J Cardiol 20:795-9. 2004b>Perindopril, an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, is a well-recognized antihypertensive drug. Its ability to protect against cardiovascular events in hypertension has also been demonstrated...
- Combination of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril and the diuretic indapamide activate postnatal vasculogenesis in spontaneously hypertensive ratsDong You
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 689, Hopital Lariboisiere, 41 Blvd de la Chapelle, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 325:766-73. 2008..hypertension abrogates postnatal vasculogenesis, and 2) antihypertensive treatment based on the combination of perindopril (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor) and indapamide (diuretic) may counteract hypertension-induced ..
- Effects of perindopril and valsartan on expression of transforming growth factor-beta-Smads in experimental hepatic fibrosis in ratsWei Xu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Renmin Hospital, State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1250-6. 2006..aim of this study was to investigate the effect and mechanism of an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (perindopril) and an angiotensin II receptor blocker (valsartan) on TGF-beta1 and TGF receptor II (TRII) mRNA, Smad3 and ..
- Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell transplantation combined with perindopril treatment attenuates infarction remodelling in a rat model of acute myocardial infarctionJian An Wang
Department of Cardiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 7:641-7. 2006..of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) would reduce left ventricular remodelling from the molecular mechanisms compared with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) perindopril into ischemic myocardium after acute myocardial infarction.
- Effect of perindopril on cerebral and renal perfusion on normotensives in mild early ischaemic stroke: a randomized controlled trialFozia S Nazir
Division of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Cerebrovasc Dis 19:77-83. 2005..We have investigated the effect of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril on blood pressure, global and focal cerebral blood flow (CBF) and glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in a ..
- Optimized and validated initial-rate method for the determination of perindopril erbumine in tabletsNafisur Rahman
Analytical Research Division, Department of Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, India
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:33-6. 2006A simple and sensitive kinetic spectrophotometric method for the determination of perindopril in pharmaceutical preparations is described...
- Effects of the end point adjudication process on the results of the Perindopril Protection Against Recurrent Stroke Study (PROGRESS)Toshiharu Ninomiya
The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Stroke 40:2111-5. 2009..End point adjudication committees (EPAC) are widely used in large-scale clinical trials to ensure the robustness of diagnosis for end points...
- The rationale and design of the PERindopril GENEtic association study (PERGENE): a pharmacogenetic analysis of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor therapy in patients with stable coronary artery diseaseJ J Brugts
Department of Cardiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 23:171-81. 2009..Until now, pharmacogenetic research of the efficacy of ACE-inhibitor therapy in CAD patients is still in a preliminary stage...
- Effects of blood pressure lowering on cerebral white matter hyperintensities in patients with stroke: the PROGRESS (Perindopril Protection Against Recurrent Stroke Study) Magnetic Resonance Imaging SubstudyCarole Dufouil
INSERM U708, Paris, France
Circulation 112:1644-50. 2005..We report here the results of an MRI substudy of PROGRESS (Perindopril Protection Against Recurrent Stroke Study), a randomized trial of blood pressure lowering in subjects with ..
- The cardioprotective effects of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril in patients with stable coronary artery disease are not modified by mild to moderate renal insufficiency: insights from the EUROPA trialJasper J Brugts
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:2148-55. 2007This study sought to examine whether the cardioprotective effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor therapy by perindopril are modified by renal function in patients with stable coronary artery disease.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition in cardiovascular disease: evidence with perindoprilRoberto Ferrari
University of Ferrara, Department of Cardiology, Arcispedale S Anna, Corso Giovecca 203, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 3:15-29. 2005b>Perindopril is a long-acting, once-daily lipophilic angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor with high tissue angiotensin-converting enzyme affinity, lowering angiotensin II and potentiating bradykinin...
- Secondary prevention of coronary disease with ACE inhibition--does blood pressure reduction with perindopril explain the benefits in EUROPA?Willem J Remme
Sticares Cardiovascular Research Institute, Rhoon, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 23:161-70. 2009We determined whether blood pressure (BP) lowering by perindopril was related to its benefit in the EUROPA study.
- Double-blind, randomized, multicentre comparison of the effects of amlodipine and perindopril on 24 h therapeutic coverage and beyond in patients with mild to moderate hypertension. General Physicians Investigators' GroupF Zannad
Centre d Investigation Clinique de Nancy, INSERM Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Nancy, France
J Hypertens 17:137-46. 1999To compare the therapeutic coverage and safety of amlodipine and perindopril in patients with mild to moderate hypertension (diastolic blood pressure > or = 90 mmHg and < or = 109 mmHg).
- Molecular mechanism of limbs' postischemic revascularization improved by perindopril in diabetic ratsLu Gao
Hospital of Metabolic Diseases, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:2129-33. 2008..This study aimed to investigate the reasons of the impaired angiogenesis in the hind limbs of rats with diabetic ischemia, the role and related molecular mechanisms of ACEI in postischemic revascularization...
- Genetic determinants of treatment benefit of the angiotensin-converting enzyme-inhibitor perindopril in patients with stable coronary artery diseaseJasper Jan Brugts
Department of Cardiology, Erasmus MC, Thoraxcenter, s Gravendijkwal 230, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 31:1854-64. 2010..However, these patients cannot be identified by clinical characteristics. We developed a genetic profile to predict the treatment benefit of ACE-inhibitors exist and to optimize therapy with ACE-inhibitors...
- Improvement in blood pressure, arterial stiffness and wave reflections with a very-low-dose perindopril/indapamide combination in hypertensive patient: a comparison with atenololR G Asmar
, Paris, France
Hypertension 38:922-6. 2001..625 mg) and perindopril (2 mg) (Per/Ind) with the beta-blocking agent atenolol (50 mg) to determine whether Per/Ind decreases SBP and ..
- Long-term angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril therapy improves cerebral perfusion reserve in patients with previous minor strokeJun Hatazawa
Department of Radiology, Research Institute of Brain and Blood Vessels, Akita, Japan
Stroke 35:2117-22. 2004..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor-based therapy reduces the recurrence of stroke. The present study assessed the effects of long-term ACE inhibitor therapy on cerebral circulation in patients with previous minor stroke...
- Perindopril preventive treatment on mortality in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: 10 years' follow-upDenis Duboc
Department of Cardiology, Cochin Hospital, APHP, Paris V René Descartes University, Paris, France
Am Heart J 154:596-602. 2007..data support the efficacy of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors on left ventricular (LV) function, our aim was to examine the long-term impact of a preventive treatment with perindopril on mortality in children with DMD.
- Therapeutic modulation of the nitric oxide: all ace inhibitors are not equivalentL Comini
Cardiovascular Pathophysiology Research Center, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Gussago, Brescia, Italy
Pharmacol Res 56:42-8. 2007..In this experimental study, Sprague-Dawley rats were treated with five different ACE inhibitors (enalapril, perindopril, quinapril, ramipril, and trandolapril) at equihypotensive doses...
- Comparison of trough effect of telmisartan vs perindopril using self blood pressure measurement: EVERESTE studyS Ragot
Faculté de Médecine et de Pharmacie et CHU La milétrie, Poitiers, France
J Hum Hypertens 16:865-73. 2002This multicentre study was aimed at comparing the trough effect of telmisartan and perindopril on diastolic blood pressure (DBP), using self blood pressure measurement (SBPM)...
- The prevention of myocardial ultrastructural changes by perindopril, atenolol and amlodipine in chronic alcohol administered ratsCemal Sag
Department of Cardiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Pharmacol Res 53:142-8. 2006The effects of perindopril, an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, atenolol, a beta adrenergic receptor blocker and amlodipine, a calcium channel blocker were investigated in chronic alcohol administered rats...
- Effect of a centrally active angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, perindopril, on cognitive performance in a mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseKoji Yamada
Pharmacological Research Laboratories, Research Division, Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co, Ltd, Sunto gun, Shizuoka, Japan
Brain Res 1352:176-86. 2010..In the present study, we compared the effects of a centrally active ACE inhibitor, perindopril, with those of non-centrally active ACE inhibitors, imidapril and enalapril, on cognitive performance in ..
- Fixed dose combination of perindopril and indapamide improves peripheral vascular function in essential hypertensive patientsLorenzo Ghiadoni
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Am J Hypertens 22:506-12. 2009..on endothelium-dependent and independent vasodilation of 24-week treatment with a fixed-dose combination of perindopril/indapamide (2/0...
- Effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition with perindopril on left ventricular remodeling and clinical outcome: results of the randomized Perindopril and Remodeling in Elderly with Acute Myocardial Infarction (PREAMI) StudyRoberto Ferrari
Department of Cardiology, University of Ferrara, Italy
Arch Intern Med 166:659-66. 2006..Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors reduce mortality and remodeling after myocardial infarction in patients with left ventricular dysfunction...
- Perindopril, atenolol, and amlodipine prevent aortic ultrastructural changes in rats exposed to ethanolMehmet Yokusoglu
Department of Cardiology, Gulhane Military Medical School, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Med Sci Monit 14:BR96-102. 2008The effects of perindopril, an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, atenolol, a beta adrenergic receptor blocker, and amlodipine, a calcium channel blocker, were investigated in chronic alcohol administered rats.
- Effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril on interneurons in MPTP-treated miceRumiko Kurosaki
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Science and Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 15:57-67. 2005We examined the effects of perindopril on the dopaminergic system in mice after 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP) treatment. The mice received four intraperitoneal injections of MPTP at 1-h intervals...
- Selective reduction of cardiac mass and central blood pressure on low-dose combination perindopril/indapamide in hypertensive subjectsNicola De Luca
Universita degli Studi Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Hypertens 22:1623-30. 2004..The objective was to determine whether changes in LVM under drug treatment was preferentially associated with changes in central or brachial SBP and PP...
- Ambulatory blood pressure in hypertensive patients with left ventricular hypertrophy: efficacy of first-line combination perindopril/indapamide therapyRoland Asmar
Institut cardiovasculaire, Paris, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:371-80. 2007..Ambulatory blood pressure (BP) is more sensitive than office BP and is highly correlated with the left ventricular mass (LVM) of hypertensive patients with left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH)...
- Effect of perindopril on coronary remodelling: insights from a multicentre, randomized studyGaston A Rodriguez-Granillo
Department of Interventional Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 28:2326-31. 2007This study sought to evaluate the effect of perindopril in coronary remodelling.
- Perindopril alters vascular angiotensin-converting enzyme, AT(1) receptor, and nitric oxide synthase expression in patients with coronary heart diseaseJia Long Zhuo
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hypertension 39:634-8. 2002..We studied the in vivo effects of ACE inhibition with perindopril on cellular expression of ACE, AT(1) receptors and 2 nitric oxide synthase (NOS) isoforms, endothelial (eNOS) ..
- Efficacy of very low dose perindopril 2 mg/indapamide 0.625 mg combination on left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertensive patients: the P.I.C.X.E.L. study rationale and designP Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Hop Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Hum Hypertens 16:653-9. 2002The PICXEL study is designed to evaluate the effects of long-term administration of very low-dose combination perindopril 2 mg/indapamide 0...
- The effect of perindopril on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients with diabetes in the EUROPA study: results from the PERSUADE substudyCaroline A Daly
Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Eur Heart J 26:1369-78. 2005The aim of this study was to assess the effect of the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril on cardiovascular events in diabetic patients with coronary artery disease.
- Cardiac protective effect of Astragalus on viral myocarditis mice: comparison with PerindoprilXiang Jian Chen
Research Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210029, China
Am J Chin Med 34:493-502. 2006..Comparison the myocarditis mice treated with Perindopril (0...
- Prospective randomized study comparing amiodarone vs. amiodarone plus losartan vs. amiodarone plus perindopril for the prevention of atrial fibrillation recurrence in patients with lone paroxysmal atrial fibrillationYuehui Yin
Department of Cardiology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400010, China
Eur Heart J 27:1841-6. 2006The purpose of this trial was to compare the long-term efficacy of low-dose amiodarone with losartan and perindopril (both combined with low-dose amiodarone) for the prevention of atrial fibrillation (AF) recurrence in patients with lone ..
- Long-term comparison between perindopril and nifedipine in normotensive patients with type 1 diabetes and microalbuminuriaG Jerums
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg 3084, Vic, Australia
Am J Kidney Dis 37:890-9. 2001..Forty-two patients were randomized to treatment with either perindopril, slow-release nifedipine, or placebo...
- The angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril suppresses tumor growth and angiogenesis: possible role of the vascular endothelial growth factorH Yoshiji
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara Nara 634 8522, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 7:1073-8. 2001..Among ACE inhibitors, perindopril appeared to be a potent inhibitor of tumor development and angiogenesis, whereas AT(1)-R antagonists did not ..
- ACE inhibition in hypertension: focus on perindoprilJohn R Cockcroft
Department of Cardiology, Wales Heart Research Institute, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 7:303-17. 2007..In the ASCOT-BPLA trial, antihypertensive therapy based on amlodipine+perindopril significantly reduced total and cardiovascular mortality as well as other clinically relevant outcomes in ..
- Efficacy and tolerability of the perindopril/indapamide combination therapy for hypertension: the PRIMUS studyHeinrich Holzgreve
Kardiologische Praxis, Munich, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1849-58. 2006..Tight blood pressure (BP) control is required to reduce cardiovascular morbidity and mortality...
- Hypertension in the Very Elderly Trial (HYVET): protocol for the main trialC Bulpitt
Imperial College School of Medicine, Section of Elderly Care, Hammersmith Hospital, London, England
Drugs Aging 18:151-64. 2001..5mg daily) and additional ACE inhibitor (perindopril) therapy if required...
- A review of Perindopril in the reduction of cardiovascular eventsDuncan J Campbell
St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research and the Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:117-24. 2006..More recently, ACEI have been shown to prevent cardiovascular events in individuals with increased cardiovascular risk, where hypertension, left ventricular dysfunction, or heart failure was not the primary indication for ACEI therapy...
- Perindopril-Methamphetamine Interaction StudyThomas Newton; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Perindopril is an FDA-approved antihypertensive medication that has greater activity in the central nervous system than ..
- An ACE Inhibitor as a Treatment for Methamphetamine DependenceTHOMAS FREDERICK NEWTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..R21 DA17182), we conducted a double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the effects of treatment with perindopril on the subjective and cardiovascular effects of MA in 30 MA-dependent human volunteers...
- PREDICTORS OF RECURRENT STROKE IN THE PROGRESS STUDYDuncan Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study is based on plasma samples taken on enrolment from a subset of the 6105 subjects in the perindopril protection against recurrent stroke (PROGRESS) study...
- ADVENTITIAL RESPONSE TO VASCULAR INJURY: ESTROGENSuzanne Oparil; Fiscal Year: 2003..These fundamental mechanistic studies will establish more rational strategies for therapeutic intervention in vascular diseases, including the basis for future gene therapy. ..
- Estrogen Modulates Injury-Induced InflammationSuzanne Oparil; Fiscal Year: 2007..These fundamental mechanistic studies will enhance our understanding of the pathobiology of vascular disease, particularly as it occurs in aging women, and will provide the basis for development of novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- MORPHOLOGY AND FUNCTION OF BRAIN VESSELSGARY BAUMBACH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies should provide important new insight into the mechanisms of vascular remodeling. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oxidative Stress and Genetics of PrehypertensionShawna Nesbitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Laboratory Models of Cocaine Self-AdministrationThomas Newton; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..