Genomes and Genes
Summary: A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAID) that inhibits the enzyme cyclooxygenase necessary for the formation of prostaglandins and other autacoids. It also inhibits the motility of polymorphonuclear leukocytes.
Publications334 found, 100 shown here
- Gastroprotective and antioxidant effects of usnic acid on indomethacin-induced gastric ulcer in ratsFehmi Odabasoglu
Ataturk University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Biochemistry, Erzurum, Turkey
J Ethnopharmacol 103:59-65. 2006..paper, the gastroprotective effect of usnic acid (UA) isolated from Usnea longissima was investigated in the indomethacin-induced gastric ulcers in rats at doses of 25, 50, 100 and 200 mg/kg body weight...
- A randomized trial of rectal indomethacin to prevent post-ERCP pancreatitisB Joseph Elmunzer
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
N Engl J Med 366:1414-22. 2012..Preliminary research suggests that rectally administered nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs may reduce the incidence of pancreatitis after endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)...
- Impact of bronchopulmonary dysplasia, brain injury, and severe retinopathy on the outcome of extremely low-birth-weight infants at 18 months: results from the trial of indomethacin prophylaxis in pretermsBarbara Schmidt
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, HSC 3N11E, 1200 Main St W, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8N 3Z5
JAMA 289:1124-9. 2003..Despite more than 2 decades of outcomes research after very preterm birth, clinicians remain uncertain about the extent to which neonatal morbidities predict poor long-term outcomes of extremely low-birth-weight (ELBW) infants...
- A subset of NSAIDs lower amyloidogenic Abeta42 independently of cyclooxygenase activityS Weggen
Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Nature 414:212-6. 2001..Here we report that the NSAIDs ibuprofen, indomethacin and sulindac sulphide preferentially decrease the highly amyloidogenic Abeta42 peptide (the 42-residue isoform ..
- Protective effect of D-002, a mixture of beeswax alcohols, against indomethacin-induced gastric ulcers and mechanism of actionYohani Perez
Centre of Natural Products, National Centre for Scientific Research, Havana, Cuba
J Nat Med 67:182-9. 2013..To investigate the gastroprotective effect of D-002 against indomethacin-induced ulcers, oxidative variables and myeloperoxidase (MPO) activity in the rat gastric mucosa were examined...
- MRP2 mediated drug-drug interaction: indomethacin increases sulfasalazine absorption in the small intestine, potentially decreasing its colonic targetingArik Dahan
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Int J Pharm 386:216-20. 2010..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the potential pharmacokinetic interaction between indomethacin and sulfasalazine, in the mechanism of efflux transporter competition...
- Differentiation status-dependent regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin E2 production by epidermal growth factor via mitogen-activated protein kinase in articular chondrocytesYun Hyun Huh
Department of Life Science, National Research Laboratory, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju 500 712, Korea
J Biol Chem 278:9691-7. 2003..Our results indicate that EGF in articular chondrocytes stimulates COX-2 expression and PGE(2) production via ERK and p38 kinase signaling in association with differentiation status...
- Inhibitors of fatty acid amide hydrolase reduce carrageenan-induced hind paw inflammation in pentobarbital-treated mice: comparison with indomethacin and possible involvement of cannabinoid receptorsSandra Holt
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Neuroscience, Umea University, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 146:467-76. 2005..At the 4 h time point, the ED(50) for URB597 was approximately 0.3 mg kg(-1). Indomethacin (5 mg kg(-1) i.p.) completely prevented the oedema response to carrageenan...
- Patent ductus arteriosus in micropreemies and full-term infants: the relative merits of surgical ligation versus indomethacin treatmentDanny C Little
Scott and White Hospital, Temple, Texas 76508, USA
J Pediatr Surg 38:492-6. 2003Treatment of ductus arteriosus is controversial. The merits and timing of ductus ligation versus indomethacin treatment were compared.
- Chlorogenic acids from Tithonia diversifolia demonstrate better anti-inflammatory effect than indomethacin and its sesquiterpene lactonesDaniela Aparecida Chagas-Paula
Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas de Ribeirão Preto FCFRP, Universidade de Sao Paulo USP, Departamento de Ciências Farmacêuticas Av Café s no, Monte Alegre, 14040 903 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 136:355-62. 2011....
- Prevention of heterotopic ossification after spinal cord injury with indomethacinK Banovac
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Spinal Cord 39:370-4. 2001..OBJECTIVES: To determine the effect of indomethacin on the prevention of heterotopic ossification (HO) following spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Suppression of lung metastasis by aspirin but not indomethacin in an in vivo model of chemically induced hepatocellular carcinomaMitsuru Futakuchi
Department of Experimental Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Nagoya City University, and Nagoya shi Kohseiin Geriatric Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:1175-81. 2002..5% in diet) and indomethacin (IM, 0...
- Indomethacin, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, develops gastropathy by inducing reactive oxygen species-mediated mitochondrial pathology and associated apoptosis in gastric mucosa: a novel role of mitochondrial aconitase oxidationPallab Maity
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
J Biol Chem 284:3058-68. 2009We have investigated the role of mitochondria on the development of indomethacin (a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug)-induced gastric mucosal apoptosis and associated gastropathy in rat...
- Differential protective effects of quercetin, resveratrol, rutin and epigallocatechin gallate against mitochondrial dysfunction induced by indomethacin in Caco-2 cellsCatalina Carrasco-Pozo
Laboratory of Microbiology and Probiotics, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile, Av Macul 5540, Santiago, P O Box 138 11, Chile
Chem Biol Interact 195:199-205. 2012..rutin, resveratrol and epigallocatechin gallate against the alterations of mitochondrial function induced by indomethacin (INDO) in intestinal epithelial Caco-2 cells, and to address the mechanism involved in such damaging effect by ..
- Indomethacin-loaded lipid-core nanocapsules reduce the damage triggered by Aβ1-42 in Alzheimer's disease modelsAndressa Bernardi
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J Nanomedicine 7:4927-42. 2012..Here, we investigate the potential protective effect of indomethacin-loaded lipid-core nanocapsules (IndOH-LNCs) against cell damage and neuroinflammation induced by amyloid beta (..
- Early surgical ligation versus a conservative approach for management of patent ductus arteriosus that fails to close after indomethacin treatmentNami Jhaveri
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0544, USA
J Pediatr 157:381-7, 387.e1. 2010..To examine whether a more conservative approach to treating patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) is associated with an increase or decrease in morbidity compared with an approach involving early PDA ligation...
- Hyperbaric oxygenation ameliorates indomethacin-induced enteropathy in rats by modulating TNF-alpha and IL-1beta productionZ Yang
Research Laboratory, Department of Anesthesiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:1426-33. 2006The effect of hyperbaric oxygenation (HBO2) was investigated in a rat model of indomethacin-induced enteropathy. Enteropathy was induced by two subcutaneous injections of indomethacin (7.5 mg/kg) 24 hr apart...
- Indomethacin-loaded nanocapsules treatment reduces in vivo glioblastoma growth in a rat glioma modelAndressa Bernardi
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Cancer Lett 281:53-63. 2009..In the present study, we investigated the effect of indomethacin-loaded nanocapsules in an experimental glioma model...
- Indomethacin and retinoic acid modify mouse intestinal inflammation and fibrosis: a role for SPARCBorut Klopcic
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Fremantle, WA, Australia
Dig Dis Sci 53:1553-63. 2008..b>Indomethacin induces intestinal fibrosis, while retinoic acid (RA) reduces liver fibrosis...
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs inhibit cellular proliferation and upregulate cyclooxygenase-2 protein expression in endometrial cancer cellsJingchun Gao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194
Cancer Sci 95:901-7. 2004..the effects of several non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, ASA), indomethacin and a cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)-selective inhibitor (NS398), on cellular proliferation and regulation of COX-2 ..
- Indomethacin promotes adipogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells through a cyclooxygenase independent mechanismMaya Styner
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7170, USA
J Cell Biochem 111:1042-50. 2010..Here we investigated the role of COX2 and its products during MSC differentiation. Indomethacin stimulated adipogenesis (increased aP2, adiponectin and lipid droplets) of CH310T1/2 stem cells as well as ..
- Irsogladine maleate suppresses indomethacin-induced elevation of proinflammatory cytokines and gastric injury in ratsXin Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Discovery Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, Kyoto 601 8550, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 14:4784-90. 2008To investigate the mucosal protective effect and the mechanisms of action of the anti-ulcer drug irsogladine maleate in gastric injury induced by indomethacin in rats.
- Increased cyclooxygenase-2 (cox-2) expression and activity in a murine model of metastatic breast cancerN Kundu
Program in Oncology, University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center and School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Int J Cancer 93:681-6. 2001..in vitro reveals that nearly complete inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis occurs in the presence of either indomethacin, which inhibits both isoforms, or NS398, which is selective for the cox-2 isoform...
- Reactive oxygen species-quenching and anti-apoptotic effect of polaprezinc on indomethacin-induced small intestinal epithelial cell injuryTatsushi Omatsu
Department of Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kajii cho, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, 602 8566, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:692-702. 2010..The aim of this study was to clarify the mechanism by which indomethacin-induced small intestinal mucosal injury occurs, by using a rat intestinal epithelial cell line (RIE-1)...
- Paroxysmal hemicrania: a prospective clinical study of 31 casesElisabetta Cittadini
Institute of Neurology, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, UK
Brain 131:1142-55. 2008..Since there is no reliable clinical marker of that response we recommend an indometacin test, either orally or by injection for any patient with lateralized discrete attacks of head pain with associated cranial autonomic symptoms...
- Effects of indomethacin-loaded nanocapsules in experimental models of inflammation in ratsA Bernardi
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 158:1104-11. 2009The effects of systemic treatment with indomethacin-loaded nanocapsules (IndOH-NC) were compared with those of free indomethacin (IndOH) in rat models of acute and chronic oedema.
- An electronic pressure-meter nociception paw test for miceT M Cunha
Departamento de Farmacologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 37:401-7. 2004..b>Indomethacin administered intraperitoneally (1...
- Biomarkers of oxidative stress study III. Effects of the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents indomethacin and meclofenamic acid on measurements of oxidative products of lipids in CCl4 poisoningM B Kadiiska
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 38:711-8. 2005..This is suggested since 8,12-iso-iPF2alpha-VI is also reduced by indomethacin, yet, unlike other isoprostanes and MDA, it is not generated catalytically by the cyclooxygenase...
- Neurogenesis in rats after focal cerebral ischemia is enhanced by indomethacinBenjamin D Hoehn
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Stroke 36:2718-24. 2005..Newborn cells may participate in repair following ischemic brain injury, but their survival and function may be influenced by inflammation...
- Prostaglandin synthase 1 gene disruption in mice reduces arachidonic acid-induced inflammation and indomethacin-induced gastric ulcerationR Langenbach
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Cell 83:483-92. 1995..Homozygous Ptgs1 mutant mice survive well, have no gastric pathology, and show less indomethacin-induced gastric ulceration than wild-type mice, even though their gastric prostaglandin E2 levels are about 1% ..
- Prevalence of spontaneous closure of the ductus arteriosus in neonates at a birth weight of 1000 grams or lessJosh Koch
Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Pediatrics 117:1113-21. 2006..BW (extremely low birth weight [ELBW] neonates) remain unclear, as does the incidence of failure to close with indomethacin. Therefore, we prospectively examined the prevalence, postnatal age, and clinical variables associated with ..
- A role for HSP70 in protecting against indomethacin-induced gastric lesionsShintaro Suemasu
Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 862 0973, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:19705-15. 2009A major clinical problem encountered with the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as indomethacin, is gastrointestinal complications...
- Methamphetamine-induced neuroinflammation and neuronal dysfunction in the mice hippocampus: preventive effect of indomethacinJoana Gonçalves
Institute of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Neurosci 31:315-26. 2010..an anti-inflammatory drug could prevent or diminish METH-induced neuroinflammation, and we concluded that indomethacin (10 mg/kg; i.p.) prevented METH-induced glia activation and both TNF system and beta III tubulin alterations...
- Brain uptake of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: ibuprofen, flurbiprofen, and indomethacinJagan Mohan R Parepally
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1300 Coulter, Amarillo, Texas 79106, USA
Pharm Res 23:873-81. 2006To determine the roles of blood-brain barrier (BBB) transport and plasma protein binding in brain uptake of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)-ibuprofen, flurbiprofen, and indomethacin.
- B-type natriuretic peptide concentrations to guide treatment of patent ductus arteriosusJ T Attridge
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 94:F178-82. 2009To determine whether b-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) concentrations can guide treatment of patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) to reduce the number of indomethacin doses without increasing morbidity.
- Functional mechanism underlying COX-2 expression following administration of indomethacin in rat stomachs: importance of gastric hypermotilityKoji Takeuchi
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Yamashina, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 49:180-7. 2004The expression of COX-2 is up-regulated in the rat stomach after administration of indomethacin, and the inhibition of this enzyme may be a key to NSAID-induced gastric damage...
- Interaction between delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and indomethacinK Green
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912 3400, USA
Ophthalmic Res 33:217-20. 2001The effect of indomethacin on the Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta9-THC)-induced fall in rabbit intraocular pressure (IOP) was determined...
- Parenteral indomethacin (the INDOTEST) in cluster headacheF Antonaci
Department of Neurological Sciences, Institute of Neurology IRCCS C Mondino, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Cephalalgia 23:193-6. 2003The interval between indomethacin administration and clinical response may be extremely relevant in the assessment of chronic paroxysmal hemicrania (CPH) and other unilateral headache disorders like cluster headache (CH), with which CPH ..
- Cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors induce apoptosis in non-small cell lung cancer through cyclooxygenase independent pathwaysJosé A Sánchez-Alcázar
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Clinical Sciences Building, City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, NG5 1PB, UK
Lung Cancer 40:33-44. 2003..NS398, a selective COX inhibitor, and indomethacin, a non-selective COX inhibitor, were cytotoxic in both cell lines, independently of their COX-2 expression...
- Biodisposition of PEG-coated lipid microspheres of indomethacin in arthritic ratsS Palakurthi
College of Pharmacy, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD 57007, USA
Int J Pharm 290:55-62. 2005..5:0.16 by molar ratio. A comparative biodistribution study was conducted between free indomethacin and lipo-indomethacin (LM and S-LM) in the arthritic rats by administering the formulations at a dose ..
- Clinical trial: protective effect of a commercial fish protein hydrolysate against indomethacin (NSAID)-induced small intestinal injuryT Marchbank
Centre for Gastroenterology, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:799-804. 2008..A partially hydrolysed and dried product of pacific whiting fish is marketed as a health food supplement supporting 'intestinal health'...
- Indomethacin and SC236 enhance the cytotoxicity of doxorubicin in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells via inhibiting P-glycoprotein and MRP1 expressionCai Guo Ye
School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Cancer Lett 304:90-6. 2011..In the present study, indomethacin (a NSAID) and SC236 (a COX-2-selective inhibitor) enhanced the cytotoxicity of doxorubicin in the ..
- Mg,Al layered double hydroxides with intercalated indomethacin: synthesis, characterization, and pharmacological studyM Del Arco
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
J Pharm Sci 93:1649-58. 2004..0 have been prepared with intercalated indomethacin following two routes: reconstruction from a previously calcined Mg(2)Al-CO(3) LDH, and coprecipitation from the ..
- Inhibition of in vivo constriction of fetal ductus arteriosus by endothelin receptor blockade in ratsKazuo Momma
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Res 53:479-85. 2003The fetal ductus can be constricted by drugs, including cyclooxygenase inhibitors (indomethacin), nitric oxide synthesis antagonists [N-nitro-L-arginine monomethyl ester (L-NAME)], and glucocorticoid hormones (dexamethasone)...
- Inhibition of cell invasion by indomethacin on glioma cell lines: in vitro studyMaode Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University, No 1 Jiankang Road, Xi an, China
J Neurooncol 72:1-9. 2005..In this study, one of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) indomethacin was employed to investigate the effect of inhibition of cell invasion mediated by MMP-2 and MMP-9 in human ..
- Molecular mobility and fragility in indomethacin: a thermally stimulated depolarization current studyN T Correia
, Lisboa, Portugal
Pharm Res 18:1767-74. 2001..b>Indomethacin (Tg = 42 degrees C) is used as a model compound...
- Oxidative stress involvement and gene expression in indomethacin-induced gastropathyYuji Naito
Department of Medical Proteomics, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Redox Rep 11:243-53. 2006..microvascular injuries are important prime events that lead to gastric mucosal injury induced by indomethacin. Reactive oxygen species (ROS) produced by activated neutrophils after indomethacin treatment cause gastric ..
- Risk factors for persistent ductus arteriosus patency during indomethacin treatmentNancy Chorne
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Pediatr 151:629-34. 2007..To test the hypothesis that patent ductus arteriosus that fail to close with prostaglandin inhibition may be regulated by mechanisms that act independently of prostaglandin production...
- The proapoptotic effects of sulindac, sulindac sulfone and indomethacin are mediated by nucleolar translocation of the RelA(p65) subunit of NF-kappaBC J Loveridge
Colon Cancer Genetics Group, University of Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, School of Clinical and Molecular Medicine and MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Oncogene 27:2648-55. 2008..Here, we demonstrate that sulindac, sulindac sulfone and indomethacin activate the NF-kappaB pathway in colorectal cancer cells, as determined by western blot analysis of ..
- Long-term effects of indomethacin prophylaxis in extremely-low-birth-weight infantsB Schmidt
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
N Engl J Med 344:1966-72. 2001The prophylactic administration of indomethacin reduces the frequency of patent ductus arteriosus and severe intraventricular hemorrhage in very-low-birth-weight infants (those with birth weights below 1500 g)...
- The effect of vitamin A on contraction of the ductus arteriosus in fetal ratG R Wu
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Tokyo, 162 Japan
Pediatr Res 49:747-54. 2001....
- The antiproliferative effect of indomethacin-loaded lipid-core nanocapsules in glioma cells is mediated by cell cycle regulation, differentiation, and the inhibition of survival pathwaysAndressa Bernardi
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Int J Nanomedicine 8:711-28. 2013..Here, we investigate the mechanisms involved in the antiproliferative effect of indomethacin-loaded lipid-core nanocapsules (IndOH-LNC) in glioma cells...
- TNF-alpha modulates iNOS expression in an experimental rat model of indomethacin-induced jejunoileitisJyotirmoy Nandi
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 336:17-24. 2010..We evaluated the role of the pro-inflammatory cytokine TNF-alpha on nitric oxide synthase (NOS) expression in indomethacin-induced jejunoileitis in rats...
- Suppression of indomethacin-induced apoptosis in the small intestine due to Bach1 deficiencyAkihito Harusato
Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Free Radic Res 45:717-27. 2011..This study hypothesized that Bach1 plays an important role in the indomethacin-induced apoptosis in the case of small-intestinal mucosal injury...
- Investigation of properties and recrystallisation behaviour of amorphous indomethacin samples prepared by different methodsPranav Karmwar
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, 18 Frederick Street, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Int J Pharm 417:94-100. 2011The aim of this study was to investigate if amorphous indomethacin samples, prepared using different preparation methods, exhibit different structural and kinetic characteristics and if these differences can be correlated to their ..
- The anti-inflammatory drug indomethacin alters nanoclustering in synthetic and cell plasma membranesYong Zhou
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 285:35188-95. 2010The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug indomethacin exhibits diverse biological effects, many of which have no clear molecular mechanism. Membrane-bound receptors and enzymes are sensitive to their phospholipid microenvironment...
- Clinical features of unilateral headaches beyond migraine and cluster headache and their response to indomethacinStefan Seidel
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 123:536-41. 2011..We assessed headache characteristics, importance of neuroimaging and response to indomethacin in an unselected series of uncommon unilateral headaches...
- Pro-ulcer effects of resveratrol in mice with indomethacin-induced gastric ulcers are reversed by L-arginineP Guha
Department of Biochemistry, Dr B C Roy Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and IPGME and R, Kolkata, India
Br J Pharmacol 159:726-34. 2010..Resveratrol treatment can also induce endothelial NOS (eNOS) expression. Here, we have attempted to modulate NO production via eNOS in order to alleviate the pro-ulcer effects of resveratrol...
- mTOR signaling is involved in indomethacin and nimesulide suppression of colorectal cancer cell growth via a COX-2 independent pathwayYan Jie Zhang
Department of Digestion, Shanghai Jiaotong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Ann Surg Oncol 18:580-8. 2011..Here, we analyzed the effect of indomethacin (Indo, a nonselective COX-2 inhibitor) and nimesulide (Nim, a selective COX-2 inhibitor) on mTOR signaling in ..
- Exacerbation of indomethacin-induced small intestinal injuries in Reg I-knockout miceHiroshi Imaoka
Dept of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Shimane Univ, Izumo, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G311-9. 2010..First, to examine the effect of Reg I deficiency on such injuries, indomethacin, a widely used NSAID, was injected subcutaneously into 10-wk-old male Reg I-knockout (Reg I(-/-)) and wild-type ..
- Impact of early malnourishment on the chronic inflammatory response and its implications for the effect of indomethacin on Wistar ratsThiago de Oliveira Assis
Department of Morphology, Federal University of Paraiba, Cidade Universitaria, CEP 58051 900, Joao Pessoa, PB, Brazil
Br J Nutr 106:845-51. 2011..changes the chronic inflammatory response, so as to study its influence on pharmacological response to indomethacin. Rat offspring of dams fed from the first day of gestation to term or throughout the lactation period received ..
- Indomethacin impairs coronary perfusion in infants with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosusArvind Sehgal
Monash Newborn, Monash Children s, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Neonatology 101:20-7. 2012..A haemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus (HSDA) is commonly associated with morbidity in preterm infants...
- The effect of indomethacin on paclitaxel sensitivity and apoptosis in oral squamous carcinoma cells: the role of nuclear factor-κB inhibitionEmiro E Caicedo-Granados
Molecular Oncology Program, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:799-805. 2011..To investigate new strategies to intensify chemosensitivity in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma...
- Simultaneous inhibition of anti-coagulation and inflammation: crystal structure of phospholipase A2 complexed with indomethacin at 1.4 A resolution reveals the presence of the new common ligand-binding siteNagendra Singh
Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110 029, India
J Mol Recognit 22:437-45. 2009..The binding of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent indomethacin at this site blocks both catalytic and anti-coagulant actions of PLA(2)...
- Low-dose indomethacin after ischemic acute kidney injury prevents downregulation of Oat1/3 and improves renal outcomeR Schneider
Universitatsklinikum Wurzburg, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I Abt Nephrologie, Wurzburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F1614-21. 2009..after renal ischemia and is generated by cyclooxygenases (COX), we investigated the effect of the COX inhibitor indomethacin on expression of Oat1/3 after ischemic acute kidney injury (iAKI)...
- Fetal pulmonary vascular remodeling in a rat model induced by hypoxia and indomethacinXue Feng Xu
The Children s Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, People s Republic of China
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:172-82. 2011This study sought to determine the effect of combined treatment of hypoxia plus indomethacin on pulmonary vascular remodeling in fetal rats.
- Ocular pharmacokinetics profile of different indomethacin topical formulationsClaudio Bucolo
Department of Clinical and Molecular Biomedicine, Section of Pharmacology and Biochemistry, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 27:571-6. 2011This study evaluated the ocular pharmacokinetics of indomethacin following topical administration of two different formulations present in the market.
- Role of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in aggravation of indomethacin-induced gastric damage in adjuvant arthritic ratsS Kato
Division of Pathological Sciences, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina, Kyoto, Japan
J Physiol Pharmacol 60:147-55. 2009The role of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) isozymes in the aggravation of indomethacin-induced gastric damage in adjuvant arthritic rats was investigated...
- Early versus late indomethacin treatment for patent ductus arteriosus in premature infants with respiratory distress syndromeB Van Overmeire
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University Hospital Antwerpen, Antwerpen, Belgium
J Pediatr 138:205-11. 2001OBJECTIVE: To compare efficacy and side effects of early versus late indomethacin treatment for patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) in premature infants...
- How useful are B-type natriuretic peptide measurements for monitoring changes in patent ductus arteriosus shunt magnitude?S Chen
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0544, USA
J Perinatol 30:780-5. 2010..Although B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) concentrations seem to be useful for detecting the presence of patent ductus arteriosus, there is no information about their usefulness for monitoring changes in PDA shunt magnitude...
- The effect of quercetin-3-O-β-D-glucuronopyranoside on indomethacin-induced gastric damage in rats via induction of mucus secretion and down-regulation of ICAM-1 expressionXiang Mei Yan
College of Pharmacy, Chung Ang University, Seoul 156 756, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 34:1527-34. 2011..of the protective effect of quercetin-3-O-β-D-glucuronopyranoside (QGC) from the leaves of Rumex aqauticus on indomethacin (IND, a representative NSAID)-induced gastric damage in rats was investigated...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors decrease the growth and induce regression of human esophageal adenocarcinoma xenografts in nude miceSonia Santander
Aragón Health Research Institute IIS Aragón, University of Zaragoza School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, C Domingo Miral s n, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Int J Oncol 40:527-34. 2012..were implanted in the flanks of new mice that were randomized to different treatments (6 animals per group): indomethacin (3 mg/kg/day), parecoxib (0.11 and 0...
- Effects of flavonoids on vascular smooth muscle of the isolated rat thoracic aortaMachha Ajay
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Life Sci 74:603-12. 2003..in part the release of nitric oxide and prostaglandins from the endothelium as pretreatment with L-NAME and indomethacin attenuated the responses...
- Gastroprotective effects of honey and glucose-fructose-sucrose-maltose mixture against ethanol-, indomethacin-, and acidified aspirin-induced lesions in the ratKamel Gharzouli
Exp Toxicol Pathol 54:217-21. 2002..and of a glucose-fructose-sucrose-maltose mixture (GFSM) was evaluated in the rat using absolute ethanol, indomethacin and acidified acetylsalicylic acid (ASA-HCl) as necrotising agents. Prior gastric administration of honey (2...
- Understanding intestinal vulnerability to perforation in the extremely low birth weight infantPhillip V Gordon
Department of Pediatrics, Ochsner Health System, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70121, USA
Pediatr Res 65:138-44. 2009..Associations include extreme prematurity, early postnatal steroids (EPS), early use of indomethacin (EUI), and two common pathogens (Candida and Staphylococcus epidermis)...
- Different mechanisms in formation and prevention of indomethacin-induced gastric ulcersHalis Suleyman
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Inflammation 33:224-34. 2010b>Indomethacin is an indol derivative, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drug with anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic effects...
- Involvement of vanilloid receptor VR1 and prostanoids in the acid-induced writhing responses of miceY Ikeda
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kitasato University, Tokyo, Japan
Life Sci 69:2911-9. 2001..On the other hand, indomethacin further significantly suppressed the writhing number of the capsaicin-treated animals, suggesting that the acid-..
- Eupatilin with heme oxygenase-1-inducing ability protects cultured feline esophageal epithelial cells from cell damage caused by indomethacinHyun Ju Song
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Chung Ang University, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 32:589-96. 2009..the ability of eupatilin to induce expression of HO-1 and to analyze its cytoprotective effect against indomethacin-induced damage, since NSAID users have a higher risk of esophageal ulcers or esophagitis than non-NSAID users...
- Effect of overuse of the antimigraine combination of indomethacin, prochlorperazine and caffeine (IPC) on the disposition of its components in chronic headache patientsAnna Ferrari
Division of Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology, Headache Centre, University Centre for Adaptive Disorders and Headache, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Largo del Pozzo, 71, 41100 Modena, Italy
Pharmacol Res 54:142-9. 2006The combination of indomethacin, prochlorperazine and caffeine (IPC) is one of the most utilized formulations for the treatment of migraine attacks in Italy...
- Hemicrania continua: a clinical study of 39 patients with diagnostic implicationsElisabetta Cittadini
Headache Group, Institute of Neurology, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Brain 133:1973-86. 2010..Since there is no reliable clinical marker of that response, we recommend an indometacin test, either orally or by injection, for any patient with unilateral pain, with or without cranial autonomic symptoms...
- Enhancement of antinociception by coadministration of minocycline and a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug indomethacin in naïve mice and murine models of LPS-induced thermal hyperalgesia and monoarthritisAla a Ahmed Abu-Ghefreh
Department of Applied Therapeutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kuwait University, P O Box 24923 Safat, 13110 Kuwait
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:276. 2010Minocycline and a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) indomethacin, have anti-inflammatory activities and are both used in the management of rheumatoid arthritis...
- Endogenous prostaglandin E2 accelerates healing of indomethacin-induced small intestinal lesions through upregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor expression by activation of EP4 receptorsKoji Takeuchi
Division of Pathological Sciences, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Kyoto, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:S67-74. 2010The effects of an EP4 agonist/antagonist on the healing of lesions produced by indomethacin in the small intestine were examined in rats, especially in relation to the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and ..
- A potential nitrergic mechanism of action for indomethacin, but not of other COX inhibitors: relevance to indomethacin-sensitive headachesOliver Summ
Headache Group, Department of Neurology, University of California, 1701 Divisadero St, Suite 480, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Headache Pain 11:477-83. 2010..b>Indomethacin is of particular interest given its very special effect in some primary headaches...
- Indomethacin responsive headache syndromes: chronic paroxysmal hemicrania and Hemicrania continua. How they were discovered and what we have learned sinceO Sjaastad
Department of Neurology, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Funct Neurol 25:49-55. 2010In the indomethacin responsive headaches (IRHs), chronic paroxysmal hemicrania (CPH) and Hemicrania continua (HC), the indomethacin (INDO) response is swift, absolute, and permanent, with moderate doses...
- Cutting edge: agonistic effect of indomethacin on a prostaglandin D2 receptor, CRTH2Hiroyuki Hirai
R and D Center, BML, 1361 1 Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
J Immunol 168:981-5. 2002b>Indomethacin is a widely used nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug and is generally known to exhibit its multiple biological functions by inhibiting cyclooxygenases or activating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors modulate NK activities that control metastatic diseaseNamita Kundu
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland, 10 S Pine St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 54:981-7. 2005..We now show that treatment of tumor cells with the nonselective COX-1/COX-2 inhibitor indomethacin or the selective COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib leads to decreased expression of the MHC class I molecules Ld and Kd ..
- Mechanism of the antiulcerogenic effect of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides on indomethacin-induced lesions in the ratYihuai Gao
New Zealand Institute of Natural Medicines, Auckland, New Zealand
Life Sci 72:731-45. 2002..shown that the polysaccharide fractions isolated from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma lucidum (GLPS) prevented indomethacin- and acetic acid-induced gastric mucosal lesions in the rat. However, the mechanisms remain unclear...
- Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of lectin from marine red alga Pterocladiella capillaceaLuana Maria Castelo Melo Silva
Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Av Mister Hull s n Bloco 907, 60 455 970, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brasil
Biol Pharm Bull 33:830-5. 2010..microl/intraplantar) or the hot plate test, and were compared to untreated animals or animals pretreated with indomethacin or morphine. PcL (0.9, 8.1 or 72.9 mg/kg, i.v...
- Orengedokuto and berberine improve indomethacin-induced small intestinal injury via adenosineYoko Watanabe-Fukuda
Department of Anesthesiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:380-9. 2009..that Japanese herbal medicine, Orengedokuto (OGT; Huang-Lian-Jie-Du-Tang in Chinese), protects mice from lethal indomethacin (IND)-induced enteropathy...
- The controversy surrounding indomethacin for tocolysisG A Macones
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia 19104 6021, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:264-72. 2001b>Indomethacin is a prostaglandin synthetase inhibitor sometimes used for tocolysis...
- Ozonized sunflower oil reduces oxidative damage induced by indomethacin in rat gastric mucosaZ Zamora
Laboratory of Biological Assays, Department of Biomedical Research, Ozone Research Center, Havana, Cuba
Inflamm Res 57:39-43. 2008..potential cytoprotective effects of ozonized sunflower oil (OSO) in the damage of rat gastric mucosa induced by indomethacin and also to elucidate the role of reactive oxygen species (ROS), lipid peroxidation and some constituents of ..
- Protective effects of indomethacin-loaded nanocapsules against oxygen-glucose deprivation in organotypic hippocampal slice cultures: involvement of neuroinflammationAndressa Bernardi
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Neurochem Int 57:629-36. 2010..Here we investigate the neuroprotective effect of indomethacin-loaded nanocapsules (IndOH-NC) in an in vitro model of ischemia...
- In vitro studies on controlled-release cellulose acetate films for local delivery of chlorhexidine, indomethacin, and meloxicamEmel Oyku Cetin
Department of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, School of Pharmacy, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
J Clin Periodontol 31:1117-21. 2004..The aim of the present study was to examine the in vitro release profile of chlorhexidine gluconate, indomethacin, and meloxicam from cellulose acetate films.
- Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 and their inhibitor, TIMP-1, in human term decidua and fetal membranes: the effect of prostaglandin F(2alpha) and indomethacinU Ulug
Laboratory for Research in Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ha'Emek Medical Center, Afula, Israel
Mol Hum Reprod 7:1187-93. 2001..1, 1.0 and 10 microg/ml) or a PG synthesis inhibitor, indomethacin (10(-4)-10(-6) mol/l)...
- Prenatal or postnatal indomethacin exposure and neonatal gut injury associated with isolated intestinal perforation and necrotizing enterocolitisR Sharma
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida College of Medicine at Jacksonville, 655 West 8th Street, Jacksonville, FL 32209 6511, USA
J Perinatol 30:786-93. 2010To examine the role of indomethacin in neonatal gut injury.
- Modifications produced by indomethacin and L-NAME in the effect of ultralow-dose aspirin on platelet activity in portal hypertensionFrancisco X Eizayaga
Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Maimónides, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 35:357-63. 2006..caused by blocking NO production by nitro arginine methyl ester (NAME) and cyclooxygenase (COX) activity with indomethacin. PVL rats and sham-operated controls were treated with placebo, indomethacin or NAME and 30 min thereafter with ..
- Characterization of mechanisms underlying the effects of esomeprazole on the impairment of gastric ulcer healing with addition of NSAID treatmentR Colucci
Interdepartmental Centre for Research in Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 41:395-405. 2009..The efficacy of proton pump inhibitors in patients at high risk of gastrointestinal injury receiving non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is currently debated...
- Is surgical ligation of patent ductus arteriosus necessary? The Western Australian experience of conservative managementJ M Brooks
Women s and Children s Health Service, Western Australia
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 90:F235-9. 2005..Geographical isolation meant that ductal ligation was not an option in King Edward Memorial Hospital until recently...
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG exacerbates intestinal ulceration in a model of indomethacin-induced enteropathyRasha Kamil
entre for Paediatric and Adolescent Gastroenterology, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Dig Dis Sci 52:1247-52. 2007..rhamnosus GG (LGG) and Bifidobacterium lactis Bb12 (Bb12) were assessed for their potential to prevent indomethacin-induced ulceration in the small intestine of Sprague-Dawley rats...
- Dinitroglyceryl and diazen-1-ium-1,2-diolated nitric oxide donor ester prodrugs of aspirin, indomethacin and ibuprofen: synthesis, biological evaluation and nitric oxide release studiesKhaled R A Abdellatif
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta, Canada
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:3014-8. 2009..14a-c), NO-donor moiety is directly attached to the carboxylic acid group of aspirin, indomethacin or ibuprofen were synthesized...
- Recombinant human lactoferrin ingestion attenuates indomethacin-induced enteropathy in vivo in healthy volunteersF J Troost
Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, Universiteitssingel 50, 6229 ER Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:1579-85. 2003....
- The gastric X/A-like (ghrelin) cell: A peripheral regulator of food intakeNILS WG LAMBRECHT; Fiscal Year: 2012..3) Effect of LPS and interleukin-1ss in the presence and absence of indomethacin on (a) nesfatin- 1/NUCB2 concentration and ghrelin/DAG ratios in rat blood plasma and on (b) mRNA and protein ..
- GI-Safer Formulation of Indomethacin for use in Preterm NeonatesUPENDRA K MARATHI; Fiscal Year: 2010..5 kg, include formula feeding and the use of indomethacin, the standard of care to treat and/or prevent the development of Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)...
- GI-Safer Formulation of Indomethacin for use in Preterm NeonatesUPENDRA K MARATHI; Fiscal Year: 2013..5 kg, include formula feeding and the use of indomethacin, the standard of care to treat and/or prevent the development of Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA), a condition ..
- Targeting Tight Junctions To Treat MucositisFREDERICK GARY TOBACK; Fiscal Year: 2010..protein protect barrier function and structure in human epithelial cell cultures injured by an oxidant, indomethacin, or low-calcium stress...
- CAT1920: A Small Molecule Therapeutic for the Treatment of IBDMICHAEL ROBERT JIROUSEK; Fiscal Year: 2010..In a preliminary study in an indomethacin-induced rat model of IBD, CAT1920 showed efficacy at doses of 100 and 300 mg/kg...
- Impact of Pregnancy on Drug Absorption, Disposition and End Organ ResponseSteve N Caritis; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will administer to these women a cocktail composed of indomethacin and dextromethorphan to evaluate the activity of the cytochrome P450 enzymes once during pregnancy and once ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Preterm Birth Prevention and TreatmentTRACY ANN MANUCK; Fiscal Year: 2013..Although medications such as 17-alpha hydroxyprogesterone caproate (17OHPC) and indomethacin can prevent and arrest SPTB in some women, >50% of women who receive these medications will still deliver ..
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Units NetworkGeorge R Saade; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>indomethacin. We accept the RFA's capitation and participatory stipulations and stand ready to continue as productive ..
- Rectal Indomethacin to Prevent of Post-ERCP Pancreatitis in High Risk PatientsBadih Joseph Elmunzer; Fiscal Year: 2012..of establishing a multi-center clinical trial to study the efficacy of prophylactic rectally-administered indomethacin on the incidence of post-ERCP pancreatitis in high risk patients...
- Brain Vasodilator Responses in Healthy and Cognitively Impaired HumansJILL NICOLE BARNES; Fiscal Year: 2012..prostaglandins explains the reduction in MCA vasodilator responses to CO2 by comparing the effects of indomethacin on CO2-mediated vasodilation in the MCA in the same 3 groups...
- NSAID and COX/PG Metabolism and Colorectal CancerCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2009..catalyze the glucuronidation of aspirin and other NSAIDs including ibuprofen, sulindac, sulindac sulfone, and indomethacin, and the effects of polymorphisms on metabolic capacities...
- Peripheral FAAH as a target for novel analgesicsMiguel Garcia-Guzman; Fiscal Year: 2013..with that of clinically used analgesics, including opiates (morphine), non- steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (indomethacin) and gabapentin. (3) Determine whether URB937 produces side effects similar to those caused by other analgesics...
- Indomethacin and delayed umbilical cord clamp for preterm infant IVHPeter J Giannone; Fiscal Year: 2013..Only one medical therapy, prophylactic indomethacin during the first 3 days of life, has been shown to prevent or decrease the severity of IVH in preterm infants, ..
- Stress-Induced Sickness Behavior during Social SeparationMichael B Hennessy; Fiscal Year: 2013..of depressive-like behavior and core temperature increase with anti-inflammatory agents (Interleukin-10 and indomethacin) and by determining whether prior separation increases the central cytokine and/or behavioral response to later ..
- PC-NSAIDs for Chemoprevention of Colorectal CancerLenard M Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2013..novel class of phosphatidylcholine (PC)-associated NSAIDs for chemopreventive activity, ibuprofen (IBU- PC) and indomethacin (INDO-PC) that have been documented in preclinical studies and a pilot clinical trial (IBU-PC) to be safer to ..
- Determining Therapeutic Efficacy of AGE in ADNeelima Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aricept/Donezepil, Rivastigmine, Galantamine]; and regulation of inflammation by NSAIDs [Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Indomethacin]; COX-2 inhibitors [Celebrex, Vioxx]...
- SURGICAL STUDIES ON METABOLISM OF G. I. HORMONESJames Thompson; Fiscal Year: 1993..relationships between the gut and pancreatic acinus and note particularly the roles of NT, prostaglandins, and indomethacin. We will use whole animals, isolated pancreas, and dispersed acini...
- OBSTETRIC ANESTHESIA: TOCOLYSIS AND HEMORRHAGEDAVID CHESTNUT; Fiscal Year: 1993..of uterine and mesenteric arterial smooth muscle to various agonists, with and without MgSO4, endothelium, and indomethacin, will be examined. In vivo studies will use chronically instrumented gravid ewes...
- OVULATION--STUDIES USING IN VITRO PERFUSED OVARIESEdward Wallach; Fiscal Year: 1992..alpha 2-macroglobulin) as well as prostaglandins (PGF2 alpha, PGI2) and the prostaglandin synthetase inhibitor, indomethacin. The role of the ovarian renin- angiotensin system during the periovulatory interval will be studied using ..
- In Vivo Imaging of Leukocyte-Endothelial DynamicsWilliam Mathers; Fiscal Year: 2005..prednisolone acetate, a mast cell stabilizer (optipranolol), or an oral nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (indomethacin) on endothelial-leukocyte dynamics in diseases for which each is frequently prescribed...
- EXPERIMENTAL MODEL FOR CHORIOAMNIONITIS AND PREMATURITYMichael Gravett; Fiscal Year: 2005..potent inhibitors of proinflammatory cytokine production (dexamethasone,IL-10) o prostaglandin production (indomethacin) to ascertain the most effective intervention to down-regulate the cytokine/prostaglandin cascade and ..
- OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS & HEPATIC LIPID METABOLISMDavid Otto; Fiscal Year: 1990..acid (C22:6 omega-3) in isolated hepatocytes plus or minus insulin (and in some cases plus or minus indomethacin, a prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor)...
- IN VIVO INHIBITORS OF OCULAR PROSTAGLANDIN SYNTHESISSTEVEN PODOS; Fiscal Year: 1980..Uveitis and mechanical stimulation of the eye are associated with elevation of aqueous humor prostaglandin. Indomethacin or aspirin decreased the response of the eye to paracentesis, mechanical irritation, and compression...
- Stent vs. indomethacin for preventing post-ERCP pancreatitis (SVI study)Badih Joseph Elmunzer; Fiscal Year: 2013..We recently reported the results of a large-scale randomized controlled trial demonstrating that rectal indomethacin, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, reduced the risk of pancreatitis after ERCP in high-risk patients, ..
- ROLE OF SEROTONIN IN PREGNANCY-RELATED HYPERTENSIONCarl Weiner; Fiscal Year: 1992..mimic) or leukotriene C4 (the study agents) regardless of pregnancy status? Question 2: Does pretreatment with indomethacin alter the interaction between serotonin and the study agents regardless of pregnancy status? Question 3: Does a ..
- SEROTONIN AND EICOSANOID INTERACTION IN LUNG VASOMOTIONWENDELL HOFMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..degrees of COI induced by three chemically dissimilar cyclooxygenase inhibitors (aspirin, meclofenamate and indomethacin)...
- COLLAGEN GENE EXPRESSION IN CHONDROCYTES IN INFLAMMATIONMARY GOLDRING; Fiscal Year: 1990..associated procollagen mRNA levels when the synthesis of PGE2 which inhibits collagen synthesis, is blocked by indomethacin. In contrast, IL-1 suppresses levels of type II and type IX procollagen mRNAs thereby inducing loss of ..
- MOLECULAR MODE OF ACTION OF BACTERIAL ENTEROTOXINSJOHNNY PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 1999..Antimetabolites (e.g., actinomycin D and cycloheximide) and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g., indomethacin) block both CT- induced secretion and eicosanoid synthesis...
- STRETCH CHANGES IN THE RABBIT CERVIX BY PROSTAGLANDINJohn Conrad; Fiscal Year: 1980..the in vitro addition of the prostaglandins PGE2 PGF2 alpha, PGE1, PGF 2 alpha 16,16 dimethyl ester, urea and indomethacin. We hope to use the non-pregnant and pregnant rabbit as a model in the pursuit of chemical agents that can be ..
- OVARIAN STEROIDS AND CALCIUM HOMEOSTASISNEIL BRESLAU; Fiscal Year: 1991..hypoestrogenism on Ca homeostasis, and test the ability of medroxyprogesterone acetate, calcitonin or indomethacin to block bone resorption and/or improve intestinal Ca absorption...
- INDOMETHACIN FOR ADJUVANT TOCOLYSISGeorge Macones; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this setting, the most common strategy in the United States is to add indomethacin as adjuvant therapy. Unfortunately, there are no data to support that this strategy will improve outcome...
- MYOMETRIAL GAP JUNCTION MODULATION IN PRETERM LABORWILLIAM LARSEN; Fiscal Year: 1990..labor including the ovariectomized rat, and in animals injected with estradiol, RU 486, prostaglandins and indomethacin. Finally, biopsies of preterm and term, non-contracting and contracting human myometrium will be analyzed to ..
- PRESERVATION OF THE ISCHEMIC/REPERFUSED MYOCARDIUMMichael Hess; Fiscal Year: 1990..scavengers of free radicals (Coenzyme Q-10 and Alpha-tocopherol) or inhibitors of free radical generation (indomethacin and ibuprofen for the cyclooxygenase system and allopurinol for the xanthine oxidase system) will protect ..
- H+ NEUTRALIZATION AND C1- HOMEOSTASIS IN GASTRIC MUCOSADavid Soybel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Third, we will evaluate the effects of ulcerogens such as aspirin or indomethacin on activity and expression of basolateral Cl- transport systems in both surface cells and oxyntic cells...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF ASPIRIN IN CANCER PREVENTIONZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2001..For Specific Air 2, we will use indomethacin and other NSAIDs, which do not inhibit AP-1 activity and are potent prostaglandin H synthase inhibitors to test ..
- STRUCTURE AND MECHANISM OF PROSTAGLANDIN H2 SYNTHASEPATRICK LOLL; Fiscal Year: 2002..process is inhibited by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and indomethacin. The specific aims of the project are: (1) exploration of active site plasticity: structures of PGHS complexed ..
- Krabbe disease: Combined therapies for the central and peripheral nervous systemsDavid A Wenger; Fiscal Year: 2010..Initially these drugs will include minocycline and Indomethacin. These drugs have been successful in reducing demyelination and in providing neuroprotection in other ..
- PREVENTION OF HYPEREMIA & HEMORRHAGE IN NEWBORN BRAINJan Goddard Finegold; Fiscal Year: 1991..flow measurement plus ultrastructural techniques to evaluate the suggested prophylactic agents phenobarbital, indomethacin, (prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor) atropine, hypocarbia, and two oxygen radical scavengers (vitamin E and ..
- INHIBITION OF 3A HSD BY ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGSTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 1991..Methods which permit the placement of bromoacetylating agents in a positional manner around NSAIDS (indomethacin and meclofenamate) and SAIDS are being developed...
- Mouse Models for Celiac DiseaseDetlef Schuppan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Oral exposure to gluten and further challenge with indomethacin and/or cytokine modulation is expected to generate models that mimick human cd...
- DIHYDRODIOL DEHYDROGENASE & PAH DETOXIFICATIONTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 1992..hepatoma cell line (H-4II-e) contains dihydrodiol dehydrogenase that is exquisitely sensitive to inhibition by indomethacin and 6- medroxyprogesterone acetate...
- LIPOXYGENASE PRODUCTS IN ACUTE RESPIRATORY FAILURENeil Olson; Fiscal Year: 1992..2) To determine the role of cyclooxygenase products by specific blockade of cyclooxygenase (indomethacin) and thromboxane synthetase (dazoxiben) pathways, thromboxane A2 (TXA2) receptors (SQ 29,548), and by infusion ..
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY THERAPIES NEUROTOXICALLY INDUCED PDOle Isacson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Based on several studies, they hypothesize that a cyclooxygenase (COX) 1 and 2 inhibitor (indomethacin [1-(4-chlorobenzoyl)-5-methoxy-2-methyl-1-H-indole-3-acetic acid]) can decrease inflammatory reactions caused ..
- Exercise Training and Myocardial K-ATP Channel FunctionRUSSELL MOORE; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Indomethacin and L-NAME will be used in studies to determine the cellular basis for the hyperemia that was exhibited during ..
- INDOMETHACIN FOR ADJUVANT TOCOLYSISGeorge Macones; Fiscal Year: 2005..Research Plan: To use a randomized clinical trial to test the hypothesis that indomethacin, when used for adjuvant tocolysis in preterm labor (i.e...
- EARLY DETECTION: HETEROTOPIC OSSIFICATION IN CNS INJURYJames Mountz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Development of HO can be retarded by indomethacin and disodium etidronate...
- PROSTAGLANDIN BIOSYNTHESIS IN LUNG MACROPHAGESWei Hsueh; Fiscal Year: 1980..Inhibition of PG synthesis by indomethacin did not inhibit lysosomal enzyme release, suggesting that PGs are not controlling factors for lysosomal enzyme ..
- TRIGGER MECHANISMS OF RECURRENT HERPES KERATITISJoel Sugar; Fiscal Year: 1980..The following agents will be investigated in this model: indomethacin, a prostaglandin synthetase inhibitor both topically and systemically; epinenephrine, topically and ..
- Reducing Drug Name Confusion with Better Search SoftwareKING LUP LIU; Fiscal Year: 2005..3. To incorporate the merging algorithms into a web-accessible, user-friendly search engine that can be used to support decision making during the drug name approval process. ..
- VASOACTIVE DRUGS AND NEONATAL CEREBROVASCULAR REACTIVITYDANILYN ANGELES; Fiscal Year: 2004..with her knowledge of basic science strategies to examine the effects of vasoactive pharmaceuticals such as indomethacin, dopamine and dobutamine on neonatal cerebrovascular reactivity...
- Biliary and Intestinal Cell Models of Drug ToxicityMARY KANZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..Bile from rats treated with the NSAID indomethacin has been reported to injure a rat intestinal cell line in vitro...
- LIPID DIET EFFECTS ON COLON TUMOR GROWTH AND METASTASESSELWYN BROITMAN; Fiscal Year: 1991..Effects of EFA, EPA, and indomethacin on prostaglandin synthesis and lipid profiles of tumors and tissues is assessed...
- PPAR GAMMA AGONISTS FOR THE PREVENTION OF COLON CANCERMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will test troglitazone, pioglitazone, rosiglitazone, BRL 49653 and the anti-inflammatory NSAIDs, indomethacin and ibuprofen...
- PHOSPHOLIPID DERIVED SIGNALS IN COLON EPITHELIAL GROWTHFREDERICK DERUBERTIS; Fiscal Year: 1992..By contrast, indomethacin treatment has been reported to suppress tumorigenesis in response to colon carcinogens...
- VITAMIN E DEFICIENCY AND FUNCTIONAL STATES OF MEMBRANESAbbas Kitabchi; Fiscal Year: 1980..Furthermore, prostaglandin inhibitors such as indomethacin will be used to measure steroidogenesis as well as formation of immunoreactive prostaglandin E1...
- Indomethacin and p38 Regulating AP-1 In Heat ShockJacob Locke; Fiscal Year: 2004..cell line, HA-1; (3) OC-14 cells are resistant to the cytotoxicity from hyperthermic radiosensitization; (4) indomethacin inhibits both the increase in AP-1 DNA-binding activity and the resistance to hyperthermic radiosensitization ..
- The role of E-cadherin in photocarcinogenesisSabine M Brouxhon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, since we recently demonstrated that inhibition of PGE2 synthesis by indomethacin in vitro, targeted deletion of EP2 in primary mouse keratinocyte (PMK) cultures or deletion of the EP2 receptor ..
- IN VIVO SKELETAL RESPONSE TO MECHANICAL STIMULATIONDiane Cullen; Fiscal Year: 1999..estrogen-related bone loss, on the bone forming response to mechanical loading, (4) to test the effect of indomethacin, a prostaglandin inhibitor, on the bone formation response to moderate and high bending forces, and (5) to ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwardNaim Maalouf; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the ability of indomethacin to reverse the hypercalciuria induced by the LCHP diet, by altering PGE2 production...
- Interactions of LPA and prostaglandins in implantationJerold Chun; Fiscal Year: 2010..the phenotype of LPA3- deficient female mice is remarkably similar to that seen in pregnant rats treated with indomethacin or mice deficient for cytosolic phospholipase A2a (cPLA2a), suggesting,a link between prostaglandins (PGs) and ..
- IN VIVO MECHANICAL LOADING EARLY RESPONSE GENESDiane Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2000..hypotheses to be tested are: (1) in vivo loading changes mRNA levels of up to 7 early response genes that are indomethacin-sensitive and bone-specific; (2) these gene responses are first detectable at 30 minutes after the initial load,..
- Preserving Neurogenesis and Cognition with NSAID'STheo Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2006..can be sheltered from these effects by oral administration of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) indomethacin. Pilot studies show that hippocampal function is also normalized by indomethacin and the ease with which ..
- CYCLOOXYGENASE-2 AND ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASEAmin Nanji; Fiscal Year: 2003..A specific Cox-2 inhibitor and a non-specific Cox inhibitor (indomethacin) will be administered to rats fed ethanol intragastrically and their effects on the development of pathological ..
- PHYSICIAN SCIENTIST AWARDJeffrey Kern; Fiscal Year: 1990..will evaluate commonly used immunomodulatory drugs (dexamethasone and cyclosporin A), cyclooxygenase (indomethacin) and lipoxygenase (U60) inhibition of arachidonic metabolism...
- Inflammatory Modulation of Neural Stem Cell FunctionTheo Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2009..shown that neuroinflammation alone is a potent inhibitor of neurogenesis and that inflammatory blockade with indomethacin, a common non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, restores neurogenesis following endotoxin-induced inflammation ..