Genomes and Genes
Summary: A copper-containing dye used as a gelling agent for lubricants, for staining of bacteria and for the dyeing of histiocytes and fibroblasts in vivo.
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- An improved staining method for intervertebral disc tissueH E Gruber
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28232, USA
Biotech Histochem 77:81-3. 2002..Weigert's hematoxylin, alcian blue and picrosirius red were combined to produce distinctive staining of collagen (red), proteoglycans (blue) and ..
- Histamine dilutions modulate basophil activationP Belon
Boiron, 20 rue de la Liberation, 69110 Sainte Foy Les Lyon, France
Inflamm Res 53:181-8. 2004..In order to demonstrate that high dilutions of histamine are able to inhibit basophil activation in a reproducible fashion, several techniques were used in different research laboratories...
- Correlation between Alcian blue-periodic acid-Schiff stain and immunohistochemical expression of mucin 2 in Barrett's oesophagusC V Lopes
Histopathology 45:198-9. 2004
- Neuroendocrine differentiation of periodic-acid Schiff and Alcian blue-negative signet-ring cell-like cells and tubular adenocarcinoma cells within a gastric cancerA Sugihara
Dept of Pathology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:795-800. 2004..Neither cancer cells nor mucus in the lumens were stained with alcian blue. All cancer cells were strongly positive for Grimelius silver stain, and most of the cancer cells stained ..
- Development of cartilage and boneYashar Javidan
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Methods Cell Biol 76:415-36. 2004
- Detection and initial characterization of novel capsular polysaccharide among diverse Campylobacter jejuni strains using alcian blue dyeA V Karlyshev
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 39:279-84. 2001..Microbiol. 35:529-541, 2000). In this report, we describe a universal and rapid staining procedure using Alcian blue for C. jejuni CPS, which does not rely on the availability of antisera and identifies CPS in untypeable strains...
- In vivo visualization of bonghan ducts inside blood vessels of mice by using an Alcian blue staining methodJung Sun Yoo
Frontier Physics Research Division and Biomedical Physics Laboratory, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Indian J Exp Biol 46:336-9. 2008An in vivo method using Alcian blue (AB) was developed for visualizing floating threadlike tissues inside blood vessels of mice...
- Visualization of the network of primo vessels and primo nodes above the pia mater of the brain and spine of rats by using Alcian blueHo Sung Lee
Pharmacopuncture Medical Research Center, Korean Pharmacopuncture Institute, Seoul, South Korea
J Acupunct Meridian Stud 5:218-25. 2012By spraying and injecting Alcian blue into the lateral ventricle, we were able to visualize the network of the nerve primo vascular system above the pia mater of the brain and spine of rats...
- Alcian blue staining method to visualize bonghan threads inside large caliber lymphatic vessels and x-ray microtomography to reveal their microchannelsChanghoon Lee
Biomedical Physics Laboratory, FPRD, School of Physics and Astronomy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Lymphat Res Biol 4:181-90. 2006..In the present work, the authors put forward a hypothesis to test that the Bonghan threads can be visualized in vivo by HA-staining dye, Alcian blue, and that the channels may be revealed by using X-ray microtomography.
- MNN5 encodes an iron-regulated alpha-1,2-mannosyltransferase important for protein glycosylation, cell wall integrity, morphogenesis, and virulence in Candida albicansChen Bai
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673, Singapore
Eukaryot Cell 5:238-47. 2006..Of particular interest was the observed role of iron in regulating the enzymatic activity, suggesting an underlying relationship between Mnn5 activity and cellular iron homeostasis...
- Mannosylphosphate transfer to cell wall mannan is regulated by the transcriptional level of the MNN4 gene in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeT Odani
Institute of Biological Sciences, The University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
FEBS Lett 420:186-90. 1997..5 M potassium chloride enhanced MNN4 transcription. This type of transcriptional regulation is observed in many stress response genes, implying that mannosylphosphate transfer is involved in the cellular response to a variety of stresses...
- An alternative Alcian Blue dye variant for the evaluation of fetal cartilageBrian G Redfern
Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, Safety Assessment, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 80:171-6. 2007..The dye used most widely to stain fetal cartilage in rodents and rabbits is Alcian Blue 8GX. However, the global supply of this specific dye has been exhausted...
- The flow path of alcian blue from the acupoint BL23 to the surface of abdominal organsHyun Jung Han
Biomedical Physics Laboratory, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Acupunct Meridian Stud 2:182-9. 2009Two hours after Alcian Blue (AB) dye was injected at the rat acupoint BL23, the abdominal cavity was examined and AB-stained threadlike structures were observed on the right abdominal cavity...
- Changes in bone mineral and matrix in response to a soft dietV J Kingsmill
Queen Mary University of London, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Institute of Dentistry, Turner Street, London E1 2AD, UK
J Dent Res 89:510-4. 2010..density by quantitative backscattered electron microscopy, and sulphated glycosaminoglycan levels with alcian blue staining were measured by microdensitometry...
- Histological and immunohistochemical observations of mucin-depleted foci (MDF) stained with Alcian blue, in rat colon carcinogenesis induced with 1,2-dimethylhydrazine dihydrochlorideNaoki Yoshimi
Tumor Pathology, University of the Ryukyus Faculty of Medicine, Uehara Nishihara cho, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:792-7. 2004..The resected colons were fixed in 10% formalin, and stained with Alcian blue for observation of ACF and MDF...
- Silver staining combined with alcian blue and hematoxylin-eosin for the detection of Lawsonia intracelullaris in swine proliferative enteropathyDavid Driemeier
Department of Veterinary Pathology, UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Acta Histochem 104:285-7. 2002..The method is a combination of the following 3 well-known methods, the Warthin-Starry method, alcian blue and hematoxylin-eosin...
- Immunoblotting assays for keratan sulfateJung Hae Yoon
The Soft Tissue Center, Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, The University of Georgia, Athens 30602, USA
Anal Biochem 306:298-304. 2002..The first assay detects total GAGs. It is a modified Alcian blue dye precipitation assay in which the dye binds to the negatively charged GAGs in CsCl-fractionated extracts ..
- Analysis of N-cadherin function in limb mesenchymal chondrogenesis in vitroAnthony M DeLise
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 225:195-204. 2002....
- Human glands of Moll: histochemical and ultrastructural characterization of the glands of Moll in the human eyelidMechthild Stoeckelhuber
Anatomical Institute, Chair 2, University of Munich, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 121:28-36. 2003..of sugar components in the secretory product was verified by lectin histochemistry and periodic acid Schiff and Alcian blue stain...
- The distribution of mast cells in the human area postremaAndrea Porzionato
Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, Section of Forensic Medicine, University of Padova, Italy
J Anat 204:141-7. 2004..Transverse serial sections of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded brainstems were stained with toluidine blue and alcian blue/safranin stainings, and with anti-tryptase and anti-CD31 monoclonal antibodies...
- Studies of human intervertebral disc cell function in a constrained in vitro tissue culture systemChristine Lyn Le Maitre
Laboratory Medicine Academic Group, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1187-95. 2004..This is a laboratory-based study examining a novel in vitro culture system for intervertebral disc tissue...
- IL-9 and IL-13 induce mucous cell metaplasia that is reduced by IFN-gamma in a Bax-mediated pathwayJialing Xiang
Department of Biological, Chemical, and Physical Sciences, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:310-7. 2008..These studies show that allergen-induced MCM is a response to a combination of various cytokines at defined concentrations and that IFN-gamma requires Bax for the resolution of MCM...
- Zirconyl hematoxylin vs. alcian blue staining in a case of extramammary Paget's diseaseAllen A Smith
School of Graduate Medical Sciences, Barry University, Miami Shores, FL, USA
J Cutan Pathol 30:401-4. 2003Despite its occasional unavailability, alcian blue has long been the stain of choice for the pathognomonic mucin-secreting cells of extramammary Paget's disease...
- Odontogenic myxoma containing osteocement-like spheroid bodies: report of a case with an unusual histopathological featureT Oygur
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
J Oral Pathol Med 30:504-6. 2001..This report describes a case of odontogenic myxoma that shows diffusely dispersed osteocement-like spherular calcified bodies, unlike residual bone trabeculae, and discusses its differential diagnosis...
- Forward mandibular positioning enhances condylar adaptation in adult ratsA B M Rabie
Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, China
Eur J Orthod 26:353-8. 2004..Immunostaining was used for the detection of types II and X collagen, while Alcian blue-PAS was used to observe the extracellular matrix and new bone formation...
- Testicular morphological changes during the seasonal reproductive cycle in the bullfrog Rana catesbeianaEstela Sasso-Cerri
Department of Morphology of São Paulo State University UNESP Rua Humaitá, 1680, Centro CEP 14801 903, Araraquara SP, Brazil
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 301:249-60. 2004..Semithin sections were submitted to Periodic Acid-Schiff (PAS) and Alcian Blue (AB) methods for detection of glycoconjugates, while lipidic inclusions were detected by Sudan Black B...
- Establishment of a bipotent cell line CL-1 which differentiates into chondrocytes and adipocytes from adult mouseHidetomo Kitamura
Fuji Gotemba Research Laboratories, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 1 135, Komakado, Gotemba, Shizuoka, 412 8513, Japan
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 12:25-37. 2004..Establishment of a clonal bipotent chondroprogenitor cell line from adult mouse to provide a new tool for the elucidation of chondrogenesis in adult animal...
- Immunohistochemical observations of cellular differentiation and proliferation in endochondral bone formation from grafted periosteum: expression and localization of BMP-2 and -4 in the grafted periosteumTakaaki Ueno
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery, Okayama University, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 31:356-61. 2003..To clarify the involvement of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) in the proliferation and differentiation of osteo/chondrogenic cells during the process of bone formation from grafted periosteum...
- Distribution and enzyme histochemical characterisation of mast cells in catsD Noviana
Department of Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Internal Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, Miyazaki University, Gakuen Kibanadai Nishi, Japan
Histochem J 33:597-603. 2001..The number of mast cells in each site was found to vary when visualised by metachromatic staining using Alcian Blue. Enzyme histochemical analysis revealed the existence of two subtypes of mast cells...
- Histochemical and immunohistochemical characterization of canine mammary mucinous carcinomaB Brunetti
Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica Veterinaria e Patologia Animale, Alma Mater Studiorum Universita di Bologna, Via Tolara di Sopra 50, Ozzano Emilia, 40064 Bologna, Italy
J Comp Pathol 129:131-6. 2003..samples were examined (1) histochemically by the periodic acid-Schiff (PAS) and PAS-diastase methods, and with alcian blue (pH 2.5 and pH 1...
- Clara cell secretory protein modulates lung inflammatory and immune responses to respiratory syncytial virus infectionShan Ze Wang
Asthma and Pulmonary Immunology Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
J Immunol 171:1051-60. 2003..These findings suggest a role for CCSP and Clara cells in regulating lung inflammatory and immune responses to RSV infection...
- A histopathological and lectin-histochemical study of the lining epithelium in postoperative maxillary cystsM Maruyama
Department of Oral Medicine and Bioregulation, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Oral Dis 8:241-8. 2002..Histopathological and lectin-histochemical characteristics were studied in the lining epithelium of postoperative maxillary cysts (POMC)...
- Functional morphology of the supraspinatus tendonJonathan Fallon
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, USA
J Orthop Res 20:920-6. 2002..to the greater tuberosity, consisted of a complex basket-weave of collagen fibers, and stained diffusely with alcian blue. The densely packed unidirectional collagen fibers of the rotator cable extended from the coracohumeral (CH) ..
- Cutaneous eccrine glands of the foot pads of the rock hyrax (Procavia capensis, Hyracoidea, Mammalia)P Stumpf
Department of Anatomy, Chair II, University of Munich, Germany
Cells Tissues Organs 171:215-26. 2002..The secretory product of the eccrine cutaneous glands seems to improve the traction between the foot pads of these animals and the steep and smooth rock formations among which they live...
- Measurement of metabolically radiolabeled anionic glycoconjugates in media from bovine articular chondrocyte cultures by immobilization to polystyrene plates treated with solid scintillant and coated with Alcian blueKaren J Rees-Milton
Division of Rheumatology and the Arthritis Centre, Department of Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Anal Biochem 315:273-6. 2003
- Redifferentiation of dedifferentiated human chondrocytes in high-density culturesG Schulze-Tanzil
Institute of Anatomy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Königin Luise Strasse 15, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 308:371-9. 2002..Such high-density cultures might serve as a model system to initiate and promote the redifferentiation of chondrocytes and to provide sufficient quantities of differentiated chondrocytes for autologous chondrocyte transplantation...
- Mott cell (Russell bodies) Barrett's oesophagitisC A Rubio
Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Karolinska Institute and University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
In Vivo 19:1097-100. 2005..Increased awareness of the existence of this subgroup of Barrett's oesophagitis may result in similar cases being reported in the future...
- The use of routine special stains for upper gastrointestinal biopsiesCheryl L Wright
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 30:357-61. 2006..The slides were stained with hematoxylin and eosin, toluidine blue (TB) for H. pylori, and Alcian blue (AB) for IM. The hematoxylin and eosin slide was classed as positive or negative for H. pylori and IM...
- A porous PCL scaffold promotes the human chondrocytes redifferentiation and hyaline-specific extracellular matrix protein synthesisN Garcia-Giralt
URFOA IMIM, Hospital del Mar, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, c Doctor Aiguader 88, E 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Biomed Mater Res A 85:1082-9. 2008..into scaffold pores of type II collagen and glycosaminoglycan were analyzed by immunohistochemistry and Alcian blue staining, respectively...
- Distribution of components of the insulin-like growth factor system in the temporomandibular joint of the aging mouseW Gotz
University of Bonn, Dental Clinic, Department of Orthodontics, Oral Biology Laboratory, Germany
Growth Dev Aging 69:67-79. 2005..In advanced OA stages, the IGF system seems to be upregulated to induce repair processes. According to their mainly inhibiting functions, IGFBPs may suppress anabolic IGF activities...
- Long-term ozone exposure attenuates 1-nitronaphthalene-induced cytotoxicity in nasal mucosaMyong Gyong Lee
Lung Research Lab L4 01, Respiratory Medicine Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:300-9. 2008....
- Conjunctival changes induced by LASIK suction ring in a rabbit modelSun Young Shin
Department of Ophthalmology, Hanyang University Guri Hospital, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Guri City, Gyunggi Do, Korea
Ophthalmic Res 38:343-9. 2006..To study histopathological changes in rabbit conjunctiva after suction ring application...
- Expanding the histologic spectrum of mucinous tubular and spindle cell carcinoma of the kidneySamson W Fine
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1554-60. 2006..b>Alcian blue staining revealed abundant (>50%) mucin in all classic cases...
- Effects of tear substitutes on conjunctival epithelium of micePasquale Aragona
Department of Surgical Specialties, Section of Ophthalmology, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Policlinico G Martino, Messina, Italy
Ophthalmic Res 39:265-75. 2007..The effects of the administration of three tear substitutes on normal conjunctival epithelium of the mouse, with particular regard to goblet cells, were studied...
- Impaired posterior frontal sutural fusion in the biglycan/decorin double deficient miceSunil Wadhwa
Division of Orthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Department of Craniofacial Sciences, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Bone 40:861-6. 2007..At embryonic day 18.5, alizarin red/alcian blue staining showed that the Bgn/Dcn double deficient mice had hypomineralization of the frontal and parietal ..
- Mucosubstance histochemistry and pathogenesis of acquired cholesteatomaTomoyuki Nagai
Department of Otolaryngology, National Hospital Organization, Miyakonojo Hospital, Iwayoshi 5033 1, Miyakonojo City, Miyazaki, 885 0014, Japan
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:749-53. 2007..They may have been eliminated from the perimatrix as a sequel to cholesteatoma growth. These findings suggest that embedded mucosa in the perimatrix may play a crucial role in pathogenesis of acquired cholesteatoma...
- Clear-cell basal cell carcinoma: differentiation from other clear-cell tumorsSeth B Forman
Department of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 29:208-9. 2007
- Histochemical structure of the mucus gel layer coating the fecal surface of rodents, rabbits and humansAkira Shimotoyodome
Biological Science Laboratories, Kao Corporation, 2606 Akabane, Ichikai machi, Haga gun, Tochigi, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 51:287-91. 2005..Cross-sections approximately 5 microm thick were stained with alcian blue (AB) or the periodic acid Schiff (PAS) reaction...
- Correspondence: Chromotrope 2RBernard M Wagner
Toxicol Pathol 31:717. 2003
- Histological study of acute vocal fold injury in a rat modelTomoko Tateya
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Dept of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Madison, K4 789 CSC 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792 USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 115:285-92. 2006..We used an acute vocal fold injury in a rat model to characterize vocal fold wound healing by studying the expression pattern of the extracellular matrix components in the vocal fold lamina propria...
- An in vivo mouse model for human cartilage regenerationGeorg C Schüller
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology, Donaueschingenstrasse 13, Vienna, Austria
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2:202-9. 2008..Interestingly, uncovered discs filled with cells showed comparable areas of differentiating cells at the defect surface but lack of fibrous tissue in the middle. The histological results were supported by MRI measurement...
- Solid papillary carcinoma of the breast: report of two casesC Kanbayashi
Department of Surgery, Mito Saiseikai General Hospital, Ibaraki, Japan
Ultrastruct Pathol 25:147-52. 2001..Case 2 showed a solitary and compact form in a dilated duct and an interlacing bundle pattern...
- Mouse ES cell lines show a variable degree of chondrogenic differentiation in vitroJan Kramer
Department of Nephrology, University of Lubeck, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Cell Biol Int 29:139-46. 2005..This is an important aspect if ES cells are applied for tissue regeneration...
- Characterization of interglobular dentin and Tomes' granular layer in dog dentin using electron probe microanalysis in comparison with predentinM Tsuchiya
Division of Aging and Geriatric Dentistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai 980-8575, Japan
Calcif Tissue Int 68:172-8. 2001..b>Alcian blue staining suggested that the S elements identified with the EPMA are incorporated into the sulfated ..
- Expression pattern of matrilins and other extracellular matrix proteins characterize distinct stages of cell differentiation during antler developmentEva Korpos
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, P O Box 521, H 6701 Szeged, Hungary
Matrix Biol 24:124-35. 2005..A., Price, J.S., 2004. Recapitulation of the parathyroid hormone-related peptide-Indian hedgehog pathway in the regenerating deer antler. Dev. Dyn. 231, 88-97] positive for parathyroid hormone-related peptide and its receptor...
- Expression of mucin-2 and correlation with PAS-alcian blue stain in Barrett's esophagusCesar V Lopes
Departmens of Gastroenterology, Porto Alegre School of Medical Sciences FFFCMPA Santa Casa Hospital, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Hepatogastroenterology 53:511-5. 2006Hematoxylin-eosin stain may fail to show intestinal metaplasia in Barrett's esophagus, and PAS-alcian blue may present difficulties of interpretation due to its more heterogeneous staining...
- Runx1/AML1/Cbfa2 mediates onset of mesenchymal cell differentiation toward chondrogenesisYongjun Wang
Center for Musculoskeletal Research, Department of Orthopeadics, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:1624-36. 2005..Runx1 induces mesenchymal stem cell commitment to the early stages of chondrogenesis...
- The effect of a static magnetic field on the morphometric characteristics of neurosecretory neurons and corpora allata in the pupae of yellow mealworm Tenebrio molitor (Tenebrionidae)Vesna Peric-Mataruga
Institute for Biological Research Sinisa Stankovic, Belgrade, Serbia
Int J Radiat Biol 84:91-8. 2008..exposed to a strong static magnetic field of 320 mT maximum induction (10,000 times higher than the Earth's)...
- Altered patterns and synthesis of extracellular matrix macromolecules in early osteoarthritisPilar Lorenzo
Section for Connective Tissue Biology, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Lund University, BMC, Plan C12, SE 22184 Lund, Sweden
Matrix Biol 23:381-91. 2004..The early OA samples studied appear to represent two distinct groups of early lesions in different stages of the process of cartilage deterioration as shown by their differences in relative rates of synthesis and abundance of proteins...
- A genome-wide screen for Saccharomyces cerevisiae nonessential genes involved in mannosyl phosphate transfer to mannoprotein-linked oligosaccharidesIsaac Corbacho
Department of Microbiology, University of Extremadura, Avda Elvas s n, 06071 Badajoz, Spain
Fungal Genet Biol 42:773-90. 2005..We have assigned an LDB name to four uncharacterized ORFs identified in this study: YCL005W, LDB16; YDL146W, LDB17; YLL049W, LDB18; and YOR322C, LDB19...
- Developmental changes of mast cell populations in the cerebral meninges of the ratHelen Michaloudi
Laboratory of Anatomy and Histology, Veterinary School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
J Anat 211:556-66. 2007..In contrast, pial mast cells are comparatively very few in the first day of the postnatal life, and despite a transient significant increase in the following two weeks, they reach almost zero levels from postnatal day 21...
- Prostatic foamy gland carcinoma with aggressive behavior: clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and ultrastructural analysisT T Tran
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago Hospitals, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:618-23. 2001..The foamy tumor cells were negative for mucin and lipid stains, but were positive for colloidal iron and Alcian blue stain...
- Preliminary study of the anatomy of the venous drainage of the intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile ducts and its relevance to the practice of hepatobiliary surgeryI D Vellar
Department of Surgery, University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 71:418-22. 2001..The purpose of the present investigation is to describe the anatomy of the venous drainage of both the intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile ducts and to determine its relevance to hepatobiliary surgery...
- [Repair of articular cartilage defects with "two-phase" tissue engineered cartilage constructed by autologous marrow mesenchymal stem cells and "two-phase" allogeneic bone matrix gelatin]Zhanhai Yin
Department of Orthopaedics, First Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an Shaanxi 710061, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 19:652-7. 2005..To investigate the effect of "two-phase" tissue engineered cartilage constructed by autologous marrow mesenchymal stem cells(MSCs) and allogeneic bone matrix gelatin(BMG) in repairing articular cartilage defects...
- Spontaneous remission of edema and regranulation of goblet cells in rat tracheae after capsaicin-induced acute inflammationJin Jang Guo
Department of Biological Sciences, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Anat Embryol (Berl) 206:301-9. 2003..The tracheal whole mounts with silver staining, those stained with chloroacetate esterase reagent and Alcian blue and tracheal tissue sections stained with Alcian blue and periodic acid-Schiff reagent were used for evaluation...
- [Effects of phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitor on the mucin secretion in airway stimulated with acrolein: experiment with rats]Xun Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, National Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of Human Diseases, Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2988-93. 2008..To examine the effects of YM976, a phosphodiesterase (PDE)4 inhibitor, on mucin hypersecretion of airway stimulated with acrolein...
- Histochemical analysis of glycoconjugates in the skin of a catfish (arius tenuispinis, day)A Al-Banaw
Medical Laboratory Sciences Department, Kuwait University, Sulaibekhat, Kuwait
Anat Histol Embryol 39:42-50. 2010..study using conventional carbohydrate histochemistry (periodic-acid staining including diastase controls, alcian blue staining at pH 1 and 2...
- Candida dubliniensis and Candida albicans display surface variations consistent with observed intergeneric coaggregationM A Jabra-Rizk
Department of Oral Medicine and Department of Oral and Cranofacial Biological Sciences Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Rev Iberoam Micol 16:187-93. 1999..Fixation for transmission electron microscopy was accomplished using dimethylsulfoxide and alcian blue added to 3% paraformaldehyde and 1% glutaraldahyde in cacodylate buffer...
- Role of Helicobacter pylori in gastric carcinomaS R Prabhu
Topiwala National Medical College, Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Natl Med J India 8:58-60. 1995..of Helicobacter pylori were assessed by staining with haematoxylin and eosin, periodic acid-Schiff reagent with alcian blue and Warthin-Starry stains. RESULTS...
- Eustachian tube gland tissue changes are related to bacterial species in acute otitis mediaPer Caye-Thomasen
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Gentofte University Hospital of Copenhagen, DK 2900, Hellerup, Denmark
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:101-10. 2004....
- Increased expression of human calcium-activated chloride channel 1 is correlated with mucus overproduction in the airways of Chinese patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKe Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, and Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:1051-7. 2007..To investigate the relationship of CaCC(1) and mucus overproduction in the airway of Chinese patients with COPD, the expressions of CaCC(1), MUC5AC and mucus in bronchial tissues were examined...
- Chemical properties of the extracellular matrix of the snail nervous system: a comprehensive study using a combination of histochemical techniquesZoltan Serfozo
Department of Experimental Zoology, Balaton Limnological Research Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Klebelsberg Kuno ut 3, POB 35, H 8237 Tihany, Hungary
Micron 41:461-71. 2010..PAS) reaction for the detection of unbranched chain of carbohydrates, and cationic dyes (acridine orange and alcian blue) for differentiating acidic carbohydrates were used...
- Lymphocytic infiltration and goblet cell marker alteration in the conjunctiva of the MRL/MpJ-Fas(lpr) mouse model of Sjögren's syndromeYolanda Diebold
Schepens Eye Research Institute Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:500-12. 2007..Left eyes were fixed, embedded, sectioned, and stained. Hematoxylin/eosin, Giemsa, or alcian blue/periodic acid Schiff's reagent were used to study lymphocyte infiltration; to determine the presence of ..
- Histopathologic evaluation of an animal model for Barrett's esophagus and adenocarcinoma of the distal esophagusChristianne J Buskens
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Surg Res 135:337-44. 2006....
- Labour induces increased concentrations of biglycan and hyaluronan in human fetal membranesM Meinert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Research Laboratory, Skejby University Hospital, Brendstrupgerdsvej 1, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Placenta 28:482-6. 2007..The proteoglycan decorin stabilizes collagen whereas biglycan and hyaluronan disrupt well-organized collagen. The aim was to compare hyaluronan and proteoglycans in human fetal membranes obtained before and after spontaneous labour at term...
- Pathomechanism of loss of elasticity and hypertrophy of lumbar ligamentum flavum in elderly patients with lumbar spinal canal stenosisHirofumi Kosaka
Department of Orthopedics, University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2805-11. 2007..A histologic, biologic, and immunohistochemical assessment using human samples of lumbar ligamentum flavum...
- Glyconjugates in epidermal, branchial and digestive mucous cells and gastric glands of gilthead sea bream, Sparus aurata, Senegal sole, Solea senegalensis and Siberian sturgeon, Acipenser baeri developmentC Sarasquete
Instituto de Ciencias Marinas de Andalucia, CSIC, Puerto Real, Cadiz, Spain
Eur J Histochem 45:267-78. 2001..were investigated using conventional histochemical methods (periodic acid schiff -PAS-, diastase-PAS; alcian blue pH 0.5, 1 and 2...
- Agonists of peroxisome proliferators-activated receptors (PPAR) alpha, beta/delta or gamma reduce transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta-induced proteoglycans' production in chondrocytesP E Poleni
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie et Pharmacologie Articulaires LPPA, UMR 7561 CNRS UHP Nancy 1, avenue de la Forêt de Haye, BP 184, 54505 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy Cedex, France
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:493-505. 2007....
- Early effect of boron neutron capture therapy mediated by boronophenylalanine (BPA-BNCT) on mast cells in premalignant tissue and tumors of the hamster cheek pouchRomina F Aromando
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oral Oncol 46:355-9. 2010..The samples were fixed in Carnoy fixative and stained with alcian blue-safranin to identify all the populations of mast cells...
- Changes in epithelial secretory cells and potentiation of neurogenic inflammation in the trachea of rats with respiratory tract infectionsH T Huang
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Anat Embryol (Berl) 180:325-41. 1989..We found that the tracheal epithelium of the infected rats had ten times as many Alcian blue-PAS positive mucous cells as did that of pathogen-free rats; but it contained none of the serous cells typical ..
- Evaluation of role of mast cells in the development of liver fibrosis using mast cell-deficient rats and miceA Sugihara
Department of Pathology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
J Hepatol 30:859-67. 1999..In this study mast cell-deficient mutant Ws/Ws rats and W/Wv mice were used to examine whether mast cells are involved in the development of liver fibrosis...
- Differential response of mast cells separated from various organs and basophils of dogs to the fluoroquinolone antimicrobial levofloxacinK Mori
Drug Safety Research Laboratory, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Toxicol 75:227-33. 2001..Histochemical analysis revealed that the liver and skin mast cells had positive reaction for both alcian blue and safranin staining, but the gastric mucosa and lung mast cells were only positive for alcian blue staining, ..
- Decreased expression of human aquaporin-5 correlated with mucus overproduction in airways of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKe Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, and Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Sichuan, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 28:1166-74. 2007..To investigate the relationship between aquaporin-5 (AQP5) expression and mucus overproduction in the airways of Chinese patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and the correlation with pulmonary function change...
- Characterization of a small chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan isolated from the mucus surrounding the embryos of Viviparus ater (Mollusca Gastropoda)N Volpi
Department of Biologia Animale, Department of Biological Chemistry Section, via Berengario 14, University of Modena, 41100 Modena, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1380:239-48. 1998..5% SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions, sequential staining with alcian blue and ammoniacal silver. Its molecular mass was calculated at about 228,800...
- Tissue quantification of neutral and acid mucins in the mucosa of the colon with and without fecal stream in ratsRonaldo Nonose
Program in Health Sciences, USF, Braganca Paulista, SP, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 24:267-75. 2009..To quantify the intensity of the expression of neutral and acids mucins in mucosa of the colon with and without fecal stream and to correlate this with the duration of fecal transit diversion...
- Increases in discontinuous rib cartilage and fused carpal bone in rat fetuses exposed to the teratogens, busulfan, acetazolamide, vitamin A, and ketoconazoleT Dodo
Planning and Coordination Department, Biopharmaceutical Assessments Core Function Unit, Eisai Co, Tokodai Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:439-50. 2010..busulfan, acetazolamide, vitamin A palmitate, and ketoconazole, were evaluated using Alizarin Red S and Alcian Blue double-staining to investigate the relationship between drug-induced skeletal malformations and cartilaginous ..
- Keratoconus associated with corneal stromal amyloid deposition containing TGFBIpTak Yee Tania Tai
The Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, The University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cornea 28:589-93. 2009..To report the identification and characterization of stromal amyloid deposits in patients with keratoconus...
- Spatiotemporal distribution patterns of oligosaccharides during early embryogenesis in the starfish Patiria pectiniferaTakuya Doihara
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Tohon, Ehime, Japan
Dev Genes Evol 219:199-206. 2009..in the starfish Patiria (Asterina) pectinifera, we histochemically analyzed several larval stages using Alcian Blue (AB, which stains acidic mucins), Periodic Acid Schiff (PAS, which stains neutral mucins), and 21 types of ..
- Effects of weaning and infection with Teladorsagia circumcincta on mucin carbohydrate profiles of early weaned lambsV C Hoang
Institute of Veterinary Animals and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Vet Parasitol 171:354-60. 2010..chemically and fundic, antral and duodenal tissues were stained with lectins, periodic acid Schiff (PAS), Alcian blue/PAS (AB/PAS) and high iron diamine...
- Inflammation-associated gene transcription and expression in mouse lungs induced by low molecular weight compounds from fungi from the built environmentJ D Miller
Department of Chemistry, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6
Chem Biol Interact 183:113-24. 2010..Hematoxylin and eosin (H&E) histology and Alcian Blue/Periodic Acid Schiff (AB/PAS) histochemistry were used to evaluate lungs for time course (4h and 12h post-..
- Changes of gill and hemocyte-related bio-indicators during long term maintenance of the vent mussel Bathymodiolus azoricus held in aquaria at atmospheric pressureRaul Bettencourt
IMAR Department of Oceanography and Fisheries, Genetics and Molecular Biology Laboratory, University of the Azores, Rua Comendador Fernando da Costa, 9901 862 Horta, Portugal
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 150:1-7. 2008..mucopolysaccharide or glycoprotein was made possible through their inherent auto-fluorescent property and the Alcian blue-Periodic Acid Schiff staining method...
- The effect of losartan and captopril on glomerular basement membrane anionic charge in a diabetic rat modelD G Yavuz
Marmara University Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Istanbul, Turkey
J Hypertens 17:1217-23. 1999..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of captopril and losartan on glomerular basement membrane anionic charges in a diabetic rat model...
- Urinary glycosaminoglycan composition in chronic glomerulonephritisPierina De Muro
Department of Physiological, Biochemical and Cellular Science, University of Sassari, Italy
J Nephrol 18:154-60. 2005....
- [Comparison between kinds of myofascial flap encapsulating adipose-derived stromal cells carrier complex in terms of adipogenic efficacy in vivo]Hongmian Li
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, the Affiliated Zhongshan Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Zhongshan Guangdong, 528403, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:161-5. 2009..To compare two kinds of myofascial flap encapsulating adipose-derived stromal cells (ADSCs) in adipogenic efficacy in vivo, and to provide experimental basis for the efficient transplantation of free adipose tissue...
- A morphometric study of mucins and small airway plugging in cystic fibrosisPierre Regis Burgel
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes, 27 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, 75 679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Thorax 62:153-61. 2007..Little knowledge exists on structural changes and plugging in small airways in cystic fibrosis...
- Secretion of mucoid material by lymphokine-activated killer cells: study by light and electron microscopyH Ginsburg
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
J Leukoc Biol 47:393-408. 1990..and deposited a flowing mucoid material (FMM) that stained distinctly blue with periodic acid-Schiff/alcian blue (PAS-Ab) at pH 1 and distinctly red by the naphthol AS-D-chloracetate method for specific esterase...
- Percutaneous application of peptidoglycan from Staphylococcus aureus induces mast cell development in mouse spleenK Matsui
Department of Immunobiology, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Tokyo, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 139:271-8. 2006..However, the origin of the mast cells infiltrating the dermis was not known. Our aim was to determine the origin of the skin mast cells induced by the percutaneous PEG application in mice...
- Potential role of mast cells in hamster cheek pouch carcinogenesisRomina F Aromando
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires, Marcelo T de Alvear 2142, C1122AAH, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oral Oncol 44:1080-7. 2008..Paraffin serial sections of cancerized, tumor-bearing pouches were stained with Alcian Blue-Safranin to identify the different degrees of mast cell activation...
- Morphological and pathologic changes of experimental chronic atrophic gastritis (CAG) and the regulating mechanism of protein expression in ratsLiang jing Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 7:634-40. 2006..To study the pathologic change and molecular regulation in cell proliferation and apoptosis of gastric mucosa in rats with chronic atrophic gastritis (CAG), and evaluate the possible mechanisms...
- Quantitative analysis of motor neurons of the levator ani muscle in fetal rats with spina bifida occultaYong Li
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Surg Neurol 72:652-6; discussion 656. 2009....
- Spread of prostate carcinoma to the perirectal lymph node basin: analysis of 112 rectal resections over a 10-year span for primary rectal adenocarcinomaShawn K Murray
Department of Pathology, Capital Health, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1154-62. 2004..The presence or absence of mucin in the tumors was assessed by staining with Alcian blue, periodic acid-Schiff (PAS) +/- diastase, and modified PANFOPAS (2-hydroxy-3-naphthoic acid hydrazide/fast ..
- Effect of Versican Mutation on Limb Development In VitroANTHONY CAPEHART; Fiscal Year: 2006..for endogenous or ectopic versican, augmented by correlation with peanut agglutinin-binding, Alcian blue histochemistry, and localization of collagen Type II and hyaluronan...
- MATRIX-MEDIATED EXPRESSION IN CRANIOFACIAL EMBRYOLOGYWILLIAM SELIGER; Fiscal Year: 1980..platinum replicas of frozen-dried cephalic primordia exposed to specific enzymic or extractive techniques and alcian blue, lectin, dialyzed iron, or immunocytochemical staining or x-ray detection of sulfur emission matrix inhibitors (..
- AORTIC VALVE ALLOGRAFTS IN RATSFLAVIAN LUPINETTI; Fiscal Year: 1992..b>Alcian blue dye exclusion would determine the viability of aortic wall endothelium...
- The role of CARM1 in chondrogenesisTatsuo Ito; Fiscal Year: 2006..of the phenotype of CARM1 heterozygous knockout mouse about chondrogenesis by by use of Alizarin red and Alcian Blue double staining...
- ENDOTOXIN INDUCED MUCOUS CELL METAPLASIAYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Differentiation of Glioma from Radiation Injury Using Cellular MRISyed Ali; Fiscal Year: 2008..This magnetic labeling technique will also help investigators to track the injected CTL in the body as well as in the targeted areas by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chondroleukin and Articular CartilageA Reddi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 2A. To identify the cognate receptors of lL-17B in articular chondrocytes. Aim 2B. To examine the hypothesis that the novel lL-17 receptor-like molecule (IL-1 7RL) is a functional receptor in articular cartilage. ..
- Cellular MRI in Glioma and Radiation NecrosisAli Syed Arbab; Fiscal Year: 2010..Early detection of recurrent or metastatic glioma as well as early differentiation of glioma from radiation necrosis will help clinician to tackle the devastating neurological disease. ..
- MINERALIZATION STUDIES RELATED TO ORAL BIOLOGYHARRISON ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..New knowledge of matrix vesicle calcification can be applied to a broad range of topics including specific diseases in which abnormal calcification occurs. ..
- LECTIN-LIKE PROPERTIES OF AMELOGENINSRAJESWARI RAVINDRANATH; Fiscal Year: 2004..These experiments are a logical extension of the newly identified lectin-like properties of amelogenins (Ravindranath et al. Submitted), which are postulated to play a functional role in normal enamel biomineralization. ..
- Pathophysiology of Mucus Hypersecretion in AsthmaChristopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2003..The project proposed here utilizes expertise and reagents available in his laboratory applies them to an important problem in asthma. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF VIRULENCE FACTORS OF ORAL FUNGAL SP.Mary Ann Jabra Rizk; Fiscal Year: 2006..Long range plans include using the mutants generated to study Candida mannoprotein-specific host immunomodulation, such as stimulation of cytokines and chemokines. ..
- P53 AND DNA PLOIDY IN BARRETT'S METAPLASIAMamoun Younes; Fiscal Year: 2005..A cost analysis will be then performed to determine whether a molecular based surveillance program would be more cost-effective than current program which is based on morphologic grading of dysplasia. ..
- SPECIFICATION OF FAST AND SLOW MUSCLES IN ZEBRAFISHShao Jun Du; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of this study is to elucidate the molecular mechanisms behind determination of muscle-specific cell fate during embryonic development. ..
- Receptor Affects Fungal Mucosal Colonization in HIVMary Ann Jabra Rizk; Fiscal Year: 2005..dubliniensis to be preferentially selected. ..