Genomes and Genes
Summary: A thiazide diuretic often considered the prototypical member of this class. It reduces the reabsorption of electrolytes from the renal tubules. This results in increased excretion of water and electrolytes, including sodium, potassium, chloride, and magnesium. It has been used in the treatment of several disorders including edema, hypertension, diabetes insipidus, and hypoparathyroidism.
Publications338 found, 100 shown here
- Differential effects between a calcium channel blocker and a diuretic when used in combination with angiotensin II receptor blocker on central aortic pressure in hypertensive patientsYoshio Matsui
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan
Hypertension 54:716-23. 2009..received olmesartan monotherapy for 12 weeks, followed by additional use of azelnidipine (n=103) or hydrochlorothiazide (n=104) for 24 weeks after randomization...
- Benazepril plus amlodipine or hydrochlorothiazide for hypertension in high-risk patientsKenneth Jamerson
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr, Lobby M, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2417-28. 2008....
- Principal results of the Controlled Onset Verapamil Investigation of Cardiovascular End Points (CONVINCE) trialHenry R Black
Rush Medical College of Rush University, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
JAMA 289:2073-82. 2003..Hypertensive patients are often given a calcium antagonist to reduce cardiovascular disease risk, but the benefit compared with other drug classes is controversial...
- Beneficial effects of eplerenone versus hydrochlorothiazide on coronary circulatory function in patients with diabetes mellitusHylton V Joffe
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Hypertension, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2552-8. 2007..Aldosterone causes cardiovascular injury and is not suppressed by chronic angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor therapy...
- Combination of amlodipine plus angiotensin receptor blocker or diuretics in high-risk hypertensive patients: a 96-week efficacy and safety studyLiyuan Ma
Department of Evidence Based Medicine, Cardiovascular Institute, Beijing, China
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 12:137-42. 2012..the long-term efficacy and safety of two antihypertensive regimens, amlodipine plus telmisartan and amlodipine plus amiloride/hydrochlorothiazide, in patients with essential hypertension and at least one cardiovascular risk factor.
- The influence of cardiovascular and antiinflammatory drugs on thiazide-induced hemodynamic and saluretic effectsH Knauf
Department of Medicine 1, St Berward Krankenhaus, Hildesheim, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:885-92. 2006..Cardiovascular and antiinflammatory therapeutics may interfere with TGF and thereby influence the effect of thiazides once co-administration is clinically indicated...
- Pharmacogenomics of antihypertensive drugs: rationale and design of the Pharmacogenomic Evaluation of Antihypertensive Responses (PEAR) studyJulie A Johnson
University of Florida College of Pharmacy and Center for Pharmacogenomics, Gainesville, USA
Am Heart J 157:442-9. 2009..Selection of antihypertensive therapy is often empiric, and use of genetic information to guide drug therapy selection holds future promise...
- Efficacy and tolerability of initial therapy with single-pill combination telmisartan/hydrochlorothiazide 80/25 mg in patients with grade 2 or 3 hypertension: a multinational, randomized, double-blind, active-controlled trialDingliang L Zhu
Shanghai Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Hypertension, 197 Ruijin 2nd Road, Shanghai, China
Clin Ther 34:1613-24. 2012..Patients with grade 2 or 3 hypertension may require high-dose combination therapy to achieve blood pressure (BP) targets in a timely manner...
- Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide exert antioxidant effects and reduce vascular matrix metalloproteinase-2 activity and expression in a model of renovascular hypertensionC S Ceron
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 160:77-87. 2010..We examined whether treatment with spironolactone (SPRL), hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) or both drugs together modified hypertension-induced changes in arterial blood pressure, aortic ..
- The efficacy and safety of low- and high-dose fixed combinations of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide in patients with uncontrolled systolic blood pressure on monotherapy: the INCLUSIVE trialJoel M Neutel
Orange County Research Center, Tustin, CA 92780, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 7:578-86. 2005This multicenter, prospective, open-label, single-arm study determined the efficacy and safety of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) fixed combinations in patients (n=1005), aged 18 years and older, with uncontrolled systolic blood ..
- Efficacy and safety of fixed combinations of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide in hypertensive women: the inclusive trialElizabeth O Ofili
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:931-8. 2008This post hoc analysis of the Irbesartan/Hydrochlorothiazide Blood Pressure Reductions in Diverse Patient Populations (INCLUSIVE) trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) in a diverse population of ..
- A titrate-to-goal study of switching patients uncontrolled on antihypertensive monotherapy to fixed-dose combinations of amlodipine and olmesartan medoxomil ± hydrochlorothiazideMatthew R Weir
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 13:404-12. 2011..Patients were subsequently uptitrated every 4 weeks to AML/OM+hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) 10/40+12.5 mg and 10/40+25 mg to achieve BP <125/75 mm Hg...
- Long-term efficacy of a combination of amlodipine and olmesartan medoxomil ± hydrochlorothiazide in patients with hypertension stratified by age, race and diabetes status: a substudy of the COACH trialS Oparil
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL 35294 0007, USA
J Hum Hypertens 24:831-8. 2010..safety of the combination of amlodipine (AML) + olmesartan medoxomil (OM), with and without the addition of hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ), were investigated in patients aged ≥65 and <65 years, Blacks and non-Blacks and patients with ..
- Baseline characteristics in the Avoiding Cardiovascular events through Combination therapy in Patients Living with Systolic Hypertension (ACCOMPLISH) trial: a hypertensive population at high cardiovascular riskMichael A Weber
SUNY Downstate Medical College, 420 Lexington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 10170, USA
Blood Press 16:13-9. 2007..non-fatal cardiovascular endpoints of two forms of antihypertensive combination therapy: benazepril plus hydrochlorothiazide and amlodipine plus benazepril in hypertensive patients at high cardiovascular risk...
- Outcomes in hypertensive patients at high cardiovascular risk treated with regimens based on valsartan or amlodipine: the VALUE randomised trialStevo Julius
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Lancet 363:2022-31. 2004....
- A pilot double-blind randomised placebo-controlled trial of the effects of fixed-dose combination therapy ('polypill') on cardiovascular risk factorsF Malekzadeh
Digestive Disease Research Center, Shariati Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Int J Clin Pract 64:1220-7. 2010..Our objective was to investigate the effects and tolerability of fixed-dose combination therapy on blood pressure and LDL in adults without elevated blood pressure or lipid levels...
- Aliskiren reduces blood pressure and suppresses plasma renin activity in combination with a thiazide diuretic, an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, or an angiotensin receptor blockerEoin O'Brien
Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Hypertension 49:276-84. 2007..measurement, aliskiren was administered to patients with mild-to-moderate hypertension in combination with hydrochlorothiazide (n=23), ramipril (n=21), or irbesartan (n=23)...
- The Study on Cognition and Prognosis in the Elderly (SCOPE): principal results of a randomized double-blind intervention trialHans Lithell
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Sections of Geriatrics Clinical Hypertension Research and Family Medicine, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
J Hypertens 21:875-86. 2003..The prognostic benefits of blood pressure lowering treatment in elderly hypertensive patients were established more than a decade ago, but are less clear in those with mildly to moderately elevated blood pressure...
- Irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of isolated systolic hypertension: a subgroup analysis of the INCLUSIVE trialSteven G Chrysant
Oklahoma Cardiovascular and Hypertension Center and the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine, 5850 W Wilshire Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73132, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:300-7. 2009This post hoc analysis of the Irbesartan/Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) Blood Pressure Reductions in Diverse Patient Populations (INCLUSIVE) trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of fixed-dose irbesartan/HCTZ in patients with isolated ..
- Characterization of the thiazide-sensitive Na(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter: a new model for ions and diuretics interactionA Monroy
Molecular Physiology Unit, Instituto Nacional de la Nutrición Salvador Zubirán and Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, National University of Mexico, Tlalpan 14000 Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 279:F161-9. 2000..Both ion binding sites alter thiazide-mediated inhibition of transport, indicating that the thiazide-binding site is either shared or modified by both Na(+) and Cl(-)...
- Azilsartan medoxomil plus chlorthalidone reduces blood pressure more effectively than olmesartan plus hydrochlorothiazide in stage 2 systolic hypertensionWilliam C Cushman
University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, TN, USA
Hypertension 60:310-8. 2012..combination of the angiotensin II receptor blocker olmesartan medoxomil plus the thiazide diuretic hydrochlorothiazide force titrated to 40/25 mg...
- Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide: a review of its use as fixed-dose combinations in essential hypertensionGreg L Plosker
Wolters Kluwer Health Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 68:1877-99. 2008Fixed-dose combinations of telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) [Micardis Plus, Micardis HCT, PritorPlus] are available in many countries for the treatment of patients with essential hypertension...
- Safety and benefits of a tablet combining losartan and hydrochlorothiazide in Japanese diabetic patients with hypertensionKenichiro Kinouchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 32:1143-7. 2009This study was conducted to determine the effects of a tablet combining losartan/hydrochlorothiazide (L/HCTZ) in comparison with losartan alone in Japanese diabetic patients with hypertension...
- Triple therapy with olmesartan medoxomil, amlodipine besylate, and hydrochlorothiazide in adult patients with hypertension: The TRINITY multicenter, randomized, double-blind, 12-week, parallel-group studySuzanne Oparil
University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0007, USA
Clin Ther 32:1252-69. 2010..Patients with hypertension may require a combination of > or =2 antihypertensive agents to achieve blood pressure (BP) control...
- Predictors of antihypertensive response to a standard dose of hydrochlorothiazide for essential hypertensionArlene B Chapman
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Kidney Int 61:1047-55. 2002..system (RAAS) have been associated with variation in blood pressure response to hydrochlorothiazide, whether these characteristics make additive contributions to predicting response has not been established...
- Differential effects of strict blood pressure lowering by losartan/hydrochlorothiazide combination therapy and high-dose amlodipine monotherapy on microalbuminuria: the ALPHABET studyMotoki Fukutomi
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
J Am Soc Hypertens 6:73-82. 2012We investigated the effects of losartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) fixed combination therapy and high-dose amlodipine monotherapy on BP measurements and target organ protection...
- Chemometric resolution of a mixture containing hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride by absorption and derivative spectrophotometryErdal Dinc
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ankara, 06100 Tandogan, Ankara, Turkey
J Pharm Biomed Anal 29:371-9. 2002..PLSR) were applied to the absorption and derivative spectrophotometric determinations of amiloride and hydrochlorothiazide in a pharmaceutical preparation...
- Pharmaceutical composition of hydrochlorothiazide:β-cyclo-dextrin: preparation by three different methods, physico-chemical characterization and in vivo diuretic activity evaluationMaria Arlete Silva Pires
Departamento de Quimica, ICEx, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Pres Antônio Carlos 6627, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Molecules 16:4482-99. 2011b>Hydrochlorothiazide is a common diuretic antihypertensive drug of the thiazide family. Its poor aqueous solubility is one of the reasons for its limited bioavailability after oral administration...
- One-year effectiveness and safety of open-label losartan/hydrochlorothiazide combination therapy in Japanese patients with hypertension uncontrolled with ARBs or ACE inhibitorsToshihiro Kita
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Circulatory and Body Fluid Regulation, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
Hypertens Res 33:320-5. 2010The long-term antihypertensive efficacy and safety of losartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) combinations have not been appropriately evaluated in Japan...
- Half a century of hydrochlorothiazide: facts, fads, fiction, and folliesFranz H Messerli
Division of Cardiology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Am J Med 124:896-9. 2011b>Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) has become by far the most commonly prescribed antihypertensive drug in the US. In 2008, 47.8 million prescriptions were written for HCTZ alone and 87.1 million prescriptions for HCTZ combinations...
- Effectiveness of nebivolol and hydrochlorothiazide association on blood pressure, glucose, and lipid metabolism in hypertensive patientsGiuseppe Marazzi
IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Via della Pisana, 235 00163 Roma, Italy
Adv Ther 27:655-64. 2010..The aim of the study was to evaluate the efficacy of nebivolol alone and in association with hydrochlorothiazide (HCT) in reducing BP in hypertensive patients with new-onset, mild-to-moderate hypertension, and to assess ..
- Adding thiazide to a renin-angiotensin blocker improves left ventricular relaxation and improves heart failure in patients with hypertensionHiroshi Ito
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Okayama University, Graduate School of Medicine, Okayama, Japan
Hypertens Res 35:93-9. 2012..In this study, we investigated the effect of changing an ACEi or ARB to a combination of losartan and hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) on left ventricular (LV) preload and relaxation in patients with hypertension and diastolic ..
- Rationale and design of the Newer Versus Older Antihypertensive Agents in African Hypertensive Patients (NOAAH) trialAugustine N Odili
Studies Coordinating Centre, Division of Hypertension and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Blood Press 20:256-66. 2011....
- 24-Hour ambulatory blood pressure control with triple-therapy amlodipine, valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide in patients with moderate to severe hypertensionY Lacourciere
Hypertension Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Quebec, Canada
J Hum Hypertens 25:615-22. 2011To determine the effectiveness and safety of once-daily combination therapy with amlodipine, valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide for reducing ambulatory blood pressure (ABP) in patients with moderate to severe hypertension, a multicenter, ..
- Effects of high dose olmesartan medoxomil plus hydrochlorothiazide on blood pressure control in patients with grade 2 and grade 3 hypertensionL C Rump
Department of Internal Medicine Nephrology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Hum Hypertens 25:565-74. 2011..Adding hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) to OM increases efficacy, but has not been evaluated in patients inadequately controlled by OM 40 mg...
- Blood pressure-lowering and antiproteinuric effect of switching from high-dose angiotensin receptor blockers to normal-dose telmisartan and low-dose hydrochlorothiazide in hypertensive patients with chronic kidney diseaseM Abe
Division of Nephrology, Hypertension and Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 48:206-13. 2010..patients with mild to moderate chronic kidney disease (CKD) after switching from the high-dose angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) to a combination of normal-dose telmisartan (40 mg) and low-dose hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ; 12.5 mg).
- Comparison of office, ambulatory, and home blood pressure antihypertensive response to atenolol and hydrochlorthiazideAmber L Beitelshees
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 12:14-21. 2010..sought to compare office BP (OBP), home BP (HBP), and ambulatory BP (ABP) for measuring responses to hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ), atenolol, and their combination...
- Efficacy and duration of benazepril plus amlodipine or hydrochlorothiazide on 24-hour ambulatory systolic blood pressure controlKenneth A Jamerson
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Hypertension 57:174-9. 2011The combination of benazepril plus amlodipine was shown to be more effective than benazepril plus hydrochlorothiazide in reducing cardiovascular events in the Avoiding Cardiovascular Events through Combination Therapy in Patients Living ..
- A thiazide test for the diagnosis of renal tubular hypokalemic disordersGiacomo Colussi
Unité Operative Nefrologia, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2:454-60. 2007..with genetically proven GS or BS diagnostic sensibility and specificity of a diuretic test with oral hydrochlorothiazide (HCT test)...
- Hydrochlorothiazide versus chlorthalidone in the management of hypertensionKimberly M Neff
New Mexico VA Health Care System, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Cardiol Rev 18:51-6. 2010..Although there are several thiazide diuretics currently available, hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) continues to be the most popular thiazide used for treating high blood pressure...
- Irbesartan/HCTZ fixed combinations in patients of different racial/ethnic groups with uncontrolled systolic blood pressure on monotherapyElizabeth O Ofili
Clinical Research Center, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:618-26. 2006The IrbesartaN/hydroChlorothiazide (HCTZ) bLood pressUre reductionS In diVErse patient populations (INCLUSIVE) trial was a multicenter, prospective, open-label, single-arm study evaluating the efficacy and safety of irbesartan/HCTZ fixed ..
- Reasons for not intensifying antihypertensive treatment (RIAT): a primary care antihypertensive intervention studyPaolo Ferrari
Department of Nephrology, Fremantle Hospital, Perth, Australia
J Hypertens 22:1221-9. 2004....
- Thiazide diuretics exacerbate fructose-induced metabolic syndromeSirirat Reungjui
Division of Nephrology, Hypertension and Transplantation, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:2724-31. 2007..Addition of potassium supplements and allopurinol with thiazides might be helpful in the management of metabolic syndrome...
- Long-term safety, tolerability and efficacy of aliskiren in combination with valsartan in patients with hypertension: a 6-month interim analysisSteven G Chrysant
University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 73132, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:1039-47. 2008..Here we report the results of a pre-planned 6-month interim analysis of a long-term, open-label study examining the safety, tolerability and efficacy of the aliskiren/valsartan 300/320-mg combination in patients with hypertension...
- Impact of angiotensin receptor blockade in combination with hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg in 2121 patients with stage 1-2 hypertensionW B White
Division of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Hum Hypertens 23:817-25. 2009The antihypertensive effects of telmisartan 80 mg versus valsartan 160 mg, both combined with hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) 25 mg, were assessed in a pooled analysis from two large trials with identical study designs in patients with stage ..
- Effects of dietary sodium and hydrochlorothiazide on the antiproteinuric efficacy of losartanLiffert Vogt
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:999-1007. 2008..placebo-controlled trial to determine the separate and combined effects of a low-sodium diet and hydrochlorothiazide (HCT) on proteinuria and BP was performed...
- A calcium antagonist vs a non-calcium antagonist hypertension treatment strategy for patients with coronary artery disease. The International Verapamil-Trandolapril Study (INVEST): a randomized controlled trialCarl J Pepine
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610, USA
JAMA 290:2805-16. 2003..Despite evidence of efficacy of antihypertensive agents in treating hypertensive patients, safety and efficacy of antihypertensive agents for coronary artery disease (CAD) have been discerned only from subgroup analyses in large trials...
- The calcineurin inhibitor tacrolimus activates the renal sodium chloride cotransporter to cause hypertensionEwout J Hoorn
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Nat Med 17:1304-9. 2011..Moreover, hydrochlorothiazide, an NCC-blocking drug, reversed tacrolimus-induced hypertension...
- Chlorthalidone reduces cardiovascular events compared with hydrochlorothiazide: a retrospective cohort analysisMichael P Dorsch
University of Michigan Health System, B2D301 SPC 5008, 1500 East Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5008, USA
Hypertension 57:689-94. 2011There is significant controversy around whether chlorthalidone (CTD) is superior to hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) in hypertension management...
- Analysis of binary mixtures of losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide by using high performance liquid chromatography, ratio derivative spectrophotometric and compensation techniqueN Erk
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Ankara, Turkey
J Pharm Biomed Anal 24:603-11. 2001..two spectrophotometric methods have been described for resolving binary mixture of losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide in the pharmaceutical formulations...
- WNK1 kinase polymorphism and blood pressure response to a thiazide diureticStephen T Turner
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN, USA
Hypertension 46:758-65. 2005..9 years of age; 50% blacks; 47% women) were treated with hydrochlorothiazide for 4 weeks (25 mg daily, orally) to determine office BP responses...
- Blood pressure-lowering efficacy of amiloride versus enalapril as add-on drugs in patients with uncontrolled blood pressure receiving hydrochlorothiazidePatrícia Guerrero
Graduate Study Program in Health Sciences Cardiology, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Brazil
Clin Exp Hypertens 30:553-64. 2008..In a double-blind randomized clinical trial, 82 patients with uncontrolled BP, receiving hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg daily, were selected to receive amiloride 2.5-5 mg/day (n = 39) or enalapril 10-20 mg/day (n = 43)...
- [Effect of candesartan cilexetil with hydrochlorothiazide on blood pressure and ST-segment depression in patients with arterial hypertension]S Uen
Abteilung für Hypertonie und Angiologie, Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik der Universität Bonn
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:81-6. 2007To examine the effect of candesartan cilexetil with hydrochlorothiazide (6 mg and 12...
- Multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 is involved in the urinary excretion of hydrochlorothiazide and furosemideMaki Hasegawa
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:37-45. 2007..Significant ATP-dependent uptake of hydrochlorothiazide (HCT) and furosemide was observed in membrane vesicles that expressed multidrug resistance-associated ..
- Effects of losartan versus hydrochlorothiazide on indices of endothelial damage/dysfunction, angiogenesis and tissue factor in essential hypertensionNatali Ay Chung
Haemostasis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Blood Press 13:183-9. 2004..We hypothesized that the treatment of essential hypertension with the angiotensin II receptor antagonist, losartan, would affect endothelial damage/dysfunction, angiogenesis and coagulation, when compared to treatment with a diuretic...
- Safety and tolerability of fixed-dose irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide for rapid control of severe hypertensionJoel M Neutel
Orange County Research Center, Tustin, CA 92780, USA
Clin Exp Hypertens 31:572-84. 2009This prospective, double-blind, multicenter trial compared the safety and tolerability of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) fixed-dose combination therapy with irbesartan monotherapy in patients with severe hypertension (seated ..
- Irbesartan/Hydrochlorothiazide : in moderate to severe hypertensionJamie D Croxtall
Wolters Kluwer Health Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 68:1465-72. 2008The fixed-dose combination of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) is approved in the US for use as initial therapy in patients who are likely to need multiple agents to achieve their blood pressure (BP) goals...
- Clinical efficacy and safety of olmesartan/hydrochlorothiazide combination therapy in patients with essential hypertensionLuis M Ruilope
Unidad de Hipertension, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:1237-48. 2008..Combining an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) with hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) has been shown in clinical studies to increase the antihypertensive efficacy of both agents compared ..
- Fixed-dose manidipine/delapril versus losartan/hydrochlorothiazide in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetes and microalbuminuriaOsvaldo Kohlmann
Kidney and Hypertension Hospital, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Leandro Dupret 365, Sao Paulo, 04025 011, Brazil
Adv Ther 26:313-24. 2009..The present study aimed to examine the effects of a fixed-dose combination of antihypertensives on blood pressure and microalbuminuria...
- Cost-effectiveness of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide in patients with hypertension: an economic evaluation for SwedenM Ekman
1i3 Innovus, Stockholm, Sweden
J Hum Hypertens 22:845-55. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess the cost-effectiveness of irbesartan in combination with hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) in Swedish health-care setting by predicting clinical events and life years based upon observed ..
- Office and ambulatory blood pressure control with a fixed-dose combination of candesartan and hydrochlorothiazide in previously uncontrolled hypertensive patients: results of CHILI CU SoonThomas Mengden
Kerckhoff Klinik GmbH, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Vasc Health Risk Manag 7:761-9. 2011Fixed-dose combinations of candesartan 32 mg and hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) have been shown to be effective in clinical trials...
- Comparison of a fixed-dose combination of 40 mg telmisartan plus 12.5 mg hydrochlorothiazide with 40 mg telmisartan in the control of mild to moderate hypertensionYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Research Unit, Center Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Quebec
Am J Ther 9:111-7. 2002..5 mg of the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) was superior to 40 mg telmisartan in patients with mild to moderate hypertension who failed to ..
- The effects of telmisartan alone or with hydrochlorothiazide on morning and 24-h ambulatory BP control: results from a practice-based study (SURGE 2)Gianfranco Parati
Department of Health Sciences, University of Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Hypertens Res 36:322-7. 2013..practice-based study evaluated the effects of telmisartan 40 or 80 mg alone or in combination with hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) 12...
- Moderate versus intensive treatment of hypertension using amlodipine/valsartan and with the addition of hydrochlorothiazide for patients uncontrolled on angiotensin receptor blocker monotherapy: results in racial/ethnic subgroupsElizabeth O Ofili
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Soc Hypertens 5:249-58. 2011..b>Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) 12...
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide in Asian patients with essential hypertensionWen Ter Lai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Adv Ther 28:427-38. 2011..We performed the first multinational observational study of valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) single pill combination in Asia to determine the efficacy, safety, and tolerability in hypertensive ..
- Hypertension associated polymorphisms in WNK1/WNK4 are not associated with hydrochlorothiazide responseYunfeng Han
Department of Geriatrics, the Military General Hospital of Beijing PLA, Beijing, China
Clin Biochem 44:1045-9. 2011..Our purpose was to investigate whether with-no-K[Lys] kinase (WNK) 1 and WNK4 genetic polymorphisms are associated with both hypertension and diuretics response...
- Treating systolic hypertension in the very elderly with valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide vs. either monotherapy: ValVET primary resultsJoseph L Izzo
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 13:722-30. 2011This 16-week trial investigated the efficacy and safety of single-pill valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) vs. the individual components in patients 70 years and older with systolic hypertension...
- Effects of nebivolol or irbesartan in combination with hydrochlorothiazide on vascular functions in newly-diagnosed hypertensive patients: the NINFE (Nebivololo, Irbesartan Nella Funzione Endoteliale) studyCristiana Vitale
Department of Medical Sciences, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico San Raffaele Pisana, Rome, Italy
Int J Cardiol 155:279-84. 2012..study was to test the hypothesis of non-inferiority of nebivolol to irbesartan, both in association with hydrochlorothiazide, on endothelial function, arterial stiffness and central hemodynamic parameters in patients with arterial ..
- Blood pressure responses and metabolic effects of hydrochlorothiazide and atenololSteven M Smith
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Am J Hypertens 25:359-65. 2012..We aimed to determine whether AMEs are correlated with BP response in uncomplicated hypertensives...
- Efficacy and safety of a single-pill fixed-dose combination of high-dose telmisartan/hydrochlorothiazide in patients with uncontrolled hypertensionYuhei Shiga
Department of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 13:394-400. 2012..angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockers (ARBs) or Preminent® (medium-dose of losartan (50 mg/day)/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) (12.5 mg/day))...
- [Effects of valsartan combined with amlodipine or hydrochlorothiazide regimen on blood pressure variation in elderly hypertensive patients]Ze bing Wu
Department of Geriatrics, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 40:8-13. 2012To compare the effects of valsartan combined with amlodipine or hydrochlorothiazide regimen on blood pressure variation and plasma nitric oxide (NO) and endothelin (ET) in elderly hypertensive patients.
- Efficacy of olmesartan medoxomil and hydrochlorothiazide fixed-dose combination therapy in patients aged 65 years and older with stage 1 and 2 hypertension or isolated systolic hypertensionF Wilford Germino
Department of Internal Medicine, Orland Primary Care Specialists, Orland Park, IL 60467, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 12:325-33. 2012..A combination antihypertensive therapy regimen may be required to reach recommended BP goals in older patients...
- Development and validation of a liquid chromatographic/electrospray ionization mass spectrometric method for the determination of benazepril, benazeprilat and hydrochlorothiazide in human plasmaAriadni Vonaparti
University of Athens, School of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Panepistimiopolis, Zografou 157 71, Athens, Greece
J Mass Spectrom 41:593-605. 2006A new method was developed and fully validated for the quantitation of benazepril, benazeprilat and hydrochlorothiazide in human plasma. Sample pretreatment was achieved by solid-phase extraction (SPE) using Oasis HLB cartridges...
- Triple combination therapy to improve blood pressure control: experience with olmesartan-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide therapyGiuliano Tocci
IRCCS Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:2687-97. 2012....
- Comparative efficacy of irbesartan/ hydrochlorothiazide and valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide combination in lowering blood pressure: a retrospective observational study in OmanK A Al Balushi
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Al Khod, Oman
Med Princ Pract 22:265-9. 2013To compare blood pressure (BP) control in patients receiving irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) and valsartan/HCTZ at a tertiary care university hospital in Oman.
- Physicochemical properties of liposomes incorporating hydrochlorothiazide and chlorothiazideD G Fatouros
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, University of Patras, Rio 26500, Patras, Greece
J Drug Target 9:61-74. 2001..liposomes (MLV) consisting of phosphatidylcholine (PC) and incorporating chlorothiazide (CT) or hydrochlorothiazide (HCT), were prepared and characterized...
- Cardiac cellular actions of hydrochlorothiazideL Galan
Laboratorio de Electrofisiologia, Instituto de Cardiologia y Cirugia Cardiovascular, La Habana, Cuba Laboratorio de Fisiología Cardiovascular, Instituto de Fisiologia, Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 15:9-17. 2001In long term treatment, thiazide diuretics such as hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) lower blood pressure by decreasing peripheral resistance rather than by their diuretic effect...
- In vivo evaluation of hydrochlorothiazide liquisolid tablets in beagle dogsK A Khaled
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, P.O. Box 2457, 11451, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Int J Pharm 222:1-6. 2001This study was carried out to evaluate the absorption characteristics of experimentally developed hydrochlorothiazide liquisolid tablets using six male beagle dogs. Comparison with reference commercial tablets was made...
- Titration of HCTZ to 50 mg daily in individuals with stage 2 systolic hypertension pretreated with an angiotensin receptor blockerJoseph L Izzo
Department of Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:45-8. 2007The authors studied the combination of hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) 50 mg/d plus olmesartan medoxomil (OM) 40 mg/d in stage 2 systolic hypertension during an extension phase of an open-label 12-week dose titration study...
- Effects of long-term lercanidipine or hydrochlorothiazide administration on hypertension-related vascular structural changesGuido Grassi
Clinica Medica, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Prevenzione e Biotecnologie Sanitarie, Universita Milano Bicocca, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza, Milan, Italy
Blood Press 15:268-74. 2006..of the highly vasoselective calcium-channel blocker lercanidipine (10 mg/day) or the diuretic compound hydrochlorothiazide (25 mg/day) on hypertension-related vascular alterations...
- Losartan-hydrochlorothiazide association promotes lasting blood pressure normalization and completely arrests long-term renal injury in the 5/6 ablation modelClarice Kazue Fujihara
Renal Division, Department of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F1810-8. 2007..We investigated the effect of hydrochlorothiazide (H), alone or combined with losartan (L), in the 5/6 renal ablation model (Nx)...
- Antihypertensive efficacy and tolerability of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide in hypertensive patients stratified by body mass index and type 2 diabetes mellitus status: a post hoc subgroup analysis of the Irbesartan/HCTZ Blood Pressure Reductions in DiverAndrew J Lewin
National Research Institute, 2010 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 302, Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA
Clin Ther 30:2354-65. 2008..The BMI subgroup data were also analyzed according to the presence or absence of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) at baseline...
- Chlorthalidone compared with hydrochlorothiazide in reducing cardiovascular events: systematic review and network meta-analysesGeorge C Roush
Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Medical Center, 2800 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06606, USA
Hypertension 59:1110-7. 2012b>Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) is widely used for hypertension, and prescriptions for HCTZ outnumber those for chlorthalidone (CTDN) by >20-fold in 2 recent surveys. Some have recently expressed a preference for CTDN...
- Efficacy and safety of triple-combination therapy with olmesartan, amlodipine, and hydrochlorothiazide in study participants with hypertension and diabetes: a subpopulation analysis of the TRINITY studySteven G Chrysant
Oklahoma Cardiovascular and Hypertension Center and University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
J Am Soc Hypertens 6:132-41. 2012..This prespecified subgroup analysis from the TRIple Therapy with Olmesartan Medoxomil, Amlodipine, and Hydrochlorothiazide in HyperteNsIve PatienTs StudY assessed the efficacy and safety of triple-combination treatment (olmesartan ..
- Use of the factorial design and quadratic response surface models to evaluate the fosinopril and hydrochlorothiazide combination therapy in hypertensionJ L Pool
Section on Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Hypertens 10:117-23. 1997..study the efficacy of 17 different doses of fosinopril (Fos), a phosphinic acid derived ACE inhibitor, and hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) in 550 patients with mild to moderate hypertension...
- Efficacy of amlodipine/olmesartan ± hydrochlorothiazide in patients uncontrolled on prior calcium channel blocker or angiotensin II receptor blocker monotherapyJoel Neutel
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Orange County Research Center, Tustin, CA 92780, USA
Adv Ther 29:508-23. 2012..and safety of initiating patients on a regimen of fixed-dose amlodipine (AML)/olmesartan medoxomil (OM) ± hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) who were uncontrolled on prior monotherapy with a calcium channel blocker (CCB) or angiotensin II ..
- Efficacy and safety of triple antihypertensive therapy with the olmesartan/amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide combinationMassimo Volpe
Division of Cardiology, Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, University of Rome La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Drug Investig 32:649-64. 2012....
- A randomized trial of furosemide vs hydrochlorothiazide in patients with chronic renal failure and hypertensionBertrand Dussol
Service de Néphrologie Hémodialyse Transplantation, Hopital de la Conception, 147 Bd Baille, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:349-53. 2005..However, the adaptive changes in the distal nephron and the short half-life of these drugs may decrease their long-term efficacy. Thiazides are not believed to be efficient in advanced renal failure, but this is debated...
- Lack of association between polymorphisms in STK39, a putative thiazide response gene, and blood pressure response to hydrochlorothiazideJulio D Duarte
Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research and Center for Pharmacogenomics, University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:516-9. 2010..One hundred and ninety-five 'good' and 194 'poor' responders to hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) were genotyped for approximately 100 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) within 5000 bases of ..
- Effects of valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide and amlodipine on ambulatory blood pressure and plasma norepinephrine levels in high-risk hypertensive patientsEttore Malacco
L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Adv Ther 21:149-61. 2004The efficacy and tolerability of the combination of valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) were compared with that of amlodipine in reducing ambulatory blood pressure and plasma norepinephrine levels in patients with mild to moderate ..
- Racial differences in response to acute dosing with hydrochlorothiazideE Ripley
Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
Am J Hypertens 13:157-64. 2000..This study examined the pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic, and neurohumoral effects of hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) administration in a matched group of 9 black and 9 white hypertensive patients (mean +/- SD for ..
- Safety and tolerability of eprosartan in combination with hydrochlorothiazideMichael Bohm
Medical University and Poliklinik, Homburg, Germany
Drug Saf 25:599-611. 2002..Indeed, the combination of eprosartan and the thiazide diuretic hydrochlorothiazide has been shown to be effective in further reducing blood pressure in patients not optimally responding to ..
- Acute-onset bilateral myopia and ciliochoroidal effusion induced by hydrochlorothiazideYoung Rae Roh
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 25:214-7. 2011The authors experienced two cases of hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ)-induced acute-onset bilateral myopia and shallowing of the anterior chambers...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of single-pill fixed-dose combinations of losartan/hydrochlorothiazide and valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide in patients with hypertension (SALT-VAT study)Yuhei Shiga
Department of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
Intern Med 50:2477-83. 2011..We analyzed the efficacy and safety of Preminent(®) [losartan (50 mg/day)/HCTZ (12.5 mg/day)] compared to CodioMD(®) [valsartan (80 mg/day)/HCTZ (6.25 mg/day)]...
- A comparison of the efficacy and safety of irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide combination therapy with irbesartan monotherapy in the treatment of moderate or severe hypertension in diabetic and obese hypertensive patients: a post-hoc analysis reviewJoel M Neutel
Orange County Research Center, Tustin, CA 92780, USA
Postgrad Med 123:126-34. 2011..or untreated moderate or severe hypertension, the efficacy and safety of treatment with irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) and irbesartan was assessed in 2 separate analyses: patients with diabetes (n=143) and by obesity ..
- Effectiveness of add-on low-dose diuretics in combination therapy for hypertension: losartan/hydrochlorothiazide vs. candesartan/amlodipineTatsuo Shimosawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:831-7. 2007..In this randomized 4-month study, the efficacy and safety were compared between an ARB/diuretics (losartan/hydrochlorothiazide [HCTZ]) combination and the most prescribed combination, ARB/calcium channel blocker (candesartan/..
- Simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide by H-point standard addition method and partial least squares regressionKarunanidhi Santhana Lakshmi
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, SRM College of Pharmacy, SRM University, Kattankulathur 603 203, India
Acta Pharm 61:37-50. 2011Simultaneous determination of valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide by the H-point standard additions method (HPSAM) and partial least squares (PLS) calibration is described...
- Aliskiren alone or in combination with hydrochlorothiazide in patients with the lower ranges of stage 2 hypertension: The ACQUIRE randomized double-blind studyHenry R Black
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 12:917-26. 2010..After a 2- to 4-week washout period, 688 patients were randomized to once-daily aliskiren/hydrochlorothiazide (HCT) 150/12.5mg or aliskiren 150mg for 1 week and then double the doses for 11 weeks. Baseline BP was 167...
- Variability in response to antihypertensive drugsBarry J Materson
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Am J Med 120:S10-20. 2007..It is also helpful when designing treatment protocols for individual patients with hypertension and in assessing their response to therapy...
- Olmesartan/amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide in participants with hypertension and diabetes, chronic kidney disease, or chronic cardiovascular disease: a subanalysis of the multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group TRINITY studyDean J Kereiakes
The Christ Hospital Heart and Vascular Center at the Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:134. 2012..Patients with hypertension and cardiovascular disease (CVD), diabetes, or chronic kidney disease (CKD) usually require two or more antihypertensive agents to achieve blood pressure (BP) goals...
- A multicenter, randomized double-blind study of valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide combination versus amlodipine in patients with mild to moderate hypertensionP Palatini
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
J Hypertens 19:1691-6. 2001To compare the antihypertensive efficacy and tolerability of a once-daily fixed valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) combination and amlodipine in subjects with mild-to-moderate hypertension.
- The Relationship Between STK39, Salt Sensitivity, and HCTZ-induced BP ResponseYEN PEI CHRISTY CHANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..intravenous NaCl loading protocol followed by a dose-dependent pharmacologic BP lowering intervention with hydrochlorothiazide, a commonly prescribed thiazide diuretic...
- Transcriptional Regulation of Natriuetic Sensitivity in Diabetes MellitusPATIENCE O OBIH; Fiscal Year: 2012..that deletion of PPAR1 gene caused a defective Na-Cl cotransporter (NCC) activity as evidenced by a reduced hydrochlorothiazide-sensitive sodium excretion...
- Metabolomics Network for Drug Response PhenotypeRIMA F KADDURAH DAOUK; Fiscal Year: 2010..mechanisms of variation in response to commonly used cardiovascular drugs: antihypertensives (atenolol and hydrochlorothiazide ) and antiplatelet therapies (clopidogrel and aspirin)...
- Hypertension, angiotensin receptor blockers, cognition: effects and mechanismsIhab M Hajjar; Fiscal Year: 2013..test the feasibility, safety and effect size of candesartan, an angiotensin receptor blocker, compared to hydrochlorothiazide and lisinopril, in individuals with hypertension and mild cognitive impairment characterized by executive ..
- Aldosterone and Diabetic Cardiovascular Disease: Research and Mentoring ProgamGAIL KURR ADLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..with the MR antagonist eplerenone improves coronary circulatory function as compared to treatment with hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) in subjects with diabetes receiving angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibition therapy...
- Multivariate Analysis of Candidate Blood Pressure Response Genes in HypertensivesAndrei Rodin; Fiscal Year: 2010..apply "pathway", or "systems biology", data analysis methods to the association study of BP response to a hydrochlorothiazide in 585 hypertensive individuals...
- DIURETICS, HYPERTENSION, AND ARRHYTHMIAS CLINICAL TRIALStephen Hulley; Fiscal Year: 1990..MRFIT) revealed an unexpected subgroup finding: an association between diuretic treatment (especially with hydrochlorothiazide) and an increased rate of sudden death in hypertensive men with resting ECG abnormalities...
- Genetics of Chronic Kidney DiseaseStephen T Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Microangiopathic Brain InjuryStephen T Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Anthipertensive PharmacoGenomicsStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF RESPONSES TO ANTIHYPERTENSIVESStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- AASK Cohort StudyGeorge Bakris; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such results might eventually lead to new strategies that delay or prevent ESRD. ..
- ADVENTITIAL RESPONSE TO VASCULAR INJURY: ESTROGENSuzanne Oparil; Fiscal Year: 2003..These fundamental mechanistic studies will establish more rational strategies for therapeutic intervention in vascular diseases, including the basis for future gene therapy. ..
- Estrogen Modulates Injury-Induced InflammationSuzanne Oparil; Fiscal Year: 2007..These fundamental mechanistic studies will enhance our understanding of the pathobiology of vascular disease, particularly as it occurs in aging women, and will provide the basis for development of novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- Lipoproteins, HIV, and Antiretroviral Therapy in SMARTDaniel Duprez; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal will produce additional information that will enhance their disease-free survival rate. (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANG II AND IGF-1 INTERACTION IN CARDIOVASCULAR TISSUEJames Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus, the proposed investigation will explore the role of PI3-kinase in mediating the cardiovascular interactions of AngII/IGF-1 after both short-term in vitro Ang II exposure and longer-term in vivo Ang II tissue excess. ..
- Angiotensin II Mediates Early Changes in Diabetic KidneyHelmy Siragy; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will help understand the mechanisms that are involved in diabetic the development of new therapeutic modalities to prevent or slowdown the development ..
- Beta-adrenoceptor genetic polymorphisms and obesityJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, genotyping individuals early in age may help to identify those at increased risk of obesity prior to them becoming obese so that they may take appropriate preventive measures. ..
- Beta-receptors and cardiovascular pharmacogenomicsJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- AASK Cohort StudyKenneth Jamerson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately, data from the AASK Cohort Study should enhance our understanding of the determine the progression of kidney disease. Such results might eventually lead to new ESRD. ..
- BISPHOSPHONATE BONE QUALITY IN WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCERSusan Ott; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results of the study will provide valuable information about skeletal effects of high-dose bisphosphonates in humans. ..
- Cardiovascular Effects of lyengar YogaRaymond Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BETA-ADRENERGIC RECEPTOR POLYMORPHISMS AND HYPERTENSIONJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..the BAR genotype significantly impacts the BP response to B-blockers could lead to improved patient outcomes, as patients could be genotyped prior to institution of B-blocker therapy, thus avoiding this therapy in those likely to respond ..
- AT2 Receptor Modulates Renal Angiotensin II LevelsHelmy Siragy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data obtained from this proposal will lead to increased understanding of the pathophysiology of hypertension and development of novel therapies for its management. ..
- DIETARY SALT INTAKE AND THE METABOLIC EFFECTS OF INSULINRaymond Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2003..If increased salt intake improves insulin sensitivity this should prompt a re-evaluation of the benefits of recommending a lower sodium intake in normotensive people. ..
- Oxidative Stress and Genetics of PrehypertensionShawna Nesbitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Hypertension PharmacogeneticsJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This hypothesis will be tested for all four study drugs: atenolol, verapamil, hydrochlorothiazide and trandolapril...
- THROMBOTIC, INFLAMMATORY & GENE MARKERS OF CVD IN WOMENPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Symposium for Molecular and Therapeutic Insights in PKDArlene Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Day 5 will be devoted to autosomal recessive kidney diseases and the last half day will be devoted to potential therapeutic strategies in cystic disorders of the kidney. ..
- Blood Pressure and Stimulant Medications in ChildrenJonathan Sorof; Fiscal Year: 2003..If so, physicians who prescribe these medications must increased awareness of the need to monitor blood pressure carefully in these children. ..
- End-Organ Injury in Hypertensive ChildrenJonathan Sorof; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will add significantly to our ability to practice evidence-based medicine regarding the evaluation and management of hypertensive children. ..
- Intrarenal Augmentation of Angiotensinogen by Ang IIHiroyuki Kobori; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Androgens and Cardiovascular Risk in African AmericansBonita Falkner; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this project can contribute to the development of prevention and earlier intervention strategies, including more specific therapeutic targets, for this high-risk minority population. ..
- Inflammation and Injury in Obesity Hypertension in African American AdolescentsBonita Falkner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- SECONDARY PREVENTION TRIAL OF VENOUS THROMBOSISPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF BRAIN ABNORMALITIES IN FEBRILE SEIZURESDale Hesdorffer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Answers to these questions may improve the clinical management of subgroups of children at risk for long-term disability so that future at-risk children can benefit from early interventions. ..
- PPARGAMMA AND AII IN GLOMERULOSCLEROSISWilla Hsueh; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- EFFECT OF A COMPUTER BASED REMINDER SYSTEM ON CARDIOVASCRobert Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- BIRTH WEIGHT EFFECT ON BLOOD PRESSURE IN LATE CHILDHOODBonita Falkner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Alternatively, if post-natal/childhood parameters are the major determinants of later BP, then efforts should focus on effective preventive strategies in childhood, such as obesity. ..
- GENETICS OF SALT SENSITIVITY IN AFRICAN AMERICANSJackson Wright; Fiscal Year: 2004..To this end, careful analytic attention will be paid to the development of improved phenotype definition, as well as to the consideration of gene-gene and gene-environment interaction. ..
- Physiology and genetics of food procurement in rodentsNeil Rowland; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed studies will be the first to address the issue of behavioral change induced by anorectics under such conditions of simulated economic costs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gender & orthostatic intolerance: mechanisms and therapyQi Fu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The combination of advanced training in patient-oriented research and in-depth study of an important clinical problem will prepare me well for a career as an independent investigator. ..
- Pre-ESRD Syndrome in High Risk African American AdultsELIZABETH RIPLEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Improving treatment and outcomes in patients with renal failure are also of interest...
- Mechanisms of CVD and Endothelial Dysfunction in ObesityWilla Hsueh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Early intervention is critical if we are to prevent these two major diseases, which may, indeed, be the same disease. ..
- NHLBI FAMILY BLOOD PRESSURE PROGRAM (GENOA)Stephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2004..The resulting synthesis of ideas and amassed data permits rigorous hypothesis testing not otherwise possible and will hasten understanding of the previously elusive genetic variation responsible for disease risk. ..
- Training CAM Clinical InvestigatorsRichard Grimm; Fiscal Year: 2006..Dr. Richard Grimm is Program Director. The Program will produce a highly trained cadre of clinical investigators with the knowledge and experience to becoming leading researchers in CAM. ..
- Web-Based Project Tracking to Enhance IRB OperationsHenry Black; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MASTERS OF SCIENCE IN CLINICAL RESEARCHHenry Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..Their success will be followed yearly by the Program Director of the Clinical Research Curriculum Award ..
- TGF-Beta, Glucose and Nephropathy in African AmericansBonita Falkner; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ANGIOTENSIN II AND MITOGEN ACTIVATED PROTEIN KINASEWilla Hsueh; Fiscal Year: 2003..5) Investigate the mechanism of transcription at regulation of PAI-1 by hyperglycemia AngII, insulin and the MAPK inhibitor in cultured rat cardiac fibroblasts. ..
- TRAINING A NEW GENERATION OF CAM CLINICAL INVESTIGATORSRichard Grimm; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Family Blood Pressure Program (GenNet Network)Alan Weder; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cue dependency with intravenous nutrients and nicotineNeil Rowland; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may help to develop ways in conditioned preferences can be manipulated to prevent or treat certain addictive disorders, including overeating. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HARVARD OLDER AMERICANS INDEPENDENCE CENTERLewis Lipsitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Angll and PPARy/LXR in AtherosclerosisWilla Hsueh; Fiscal Year: 2008..4) Determine whether PPARgamma ligands or LXRaalpha ligands can induce regression of established atherosclerosis. ..
- HRCA/HARVARD RESEARCH NURSING HOMELewis Lipsitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our institutional commitments, longstanding collaboration among investigators, track record of productivity, administrative structure, and proven leadership all assure that this program will achieve its stated goals. ..