Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benzothiazepine derivative with vasodilating action due to its antagonism of the actions of the calcium ion in membrane functions. It is also teratogenic.
Publications319 found, 100 shown here
- Landiolol, an ultra-short-acting β₁-blocker, more effectively terminates atrial fibrillation than diltiazem after open heart surgery: prospective, multicenter, randomized, open-label study (JL-KNIGHT study)Atsuhiro Sakamoto
Department of Anesthesiology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
Circ J 76:1097-101. 2012..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether landiolol was effective for both rate control and conversion to normal sinus rhythm (NSR)...
- Achromatopsia-associated mutation in the human cone photoreceptor cyclic nucleotide-gated channel CNGB3 subunit alters the ligand sensitivity and pore properties of heteromeric channelsChanghong Peng
Department of Veterinary and Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology, and Physiology and Program in Neuroscience, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6520, USA
J Biol Chem 278:34533-40. 2003..of the channel, including decreased single channel conductance and decreased sensitivity to block by l-cis-diltiazem. Overall, these results suggest that the functional properties of cone CNG channels may be altered in patients ..
- A new subunit of the cyclic nucleotide-gated cation channel in retinal rodsT Y Chen
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
Nature 362:764-7. 1993..The hetero-oligomeric channel is also highly sensitive to the blocker L-cis-diltiazem, like the native channel. This new protein thus seems to be another subunit of the native rod channel...
- Aquatic toxicity of acetaminophen, carbamazepine, cimetidine, diltiazem and six major sulfonamides, and their potential ecological risks in KoreaYoungHee Kim
School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Environ Int 33:370-5. 2007..the four most abundantly used pharmaceuticals in Korea, namely acetaminophen, carbamazepine, cimetidine, and diltiazem, and six sulfonamide related antibiotics, including sulfamethoxazole, sulfachlorpyridazine, sulfathiazole, ..
- Effects of simvastatin on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem and its main metabolite, desacetyldiltiazem, after oral and intravenous administration in rats: possible role of P-glycoprotein and CYP3A4 inhibition by simvastatinDong Hyun Choi
College of Medicine, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
Pharmacol Rep 63:1574-82. 2011..of hydroxymethylglutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase inhibitor, simvastatin, on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem and its main metabolite, desacetyldiltiazem, in rats...
- Binding sites for bilobalide, diltiazem, ginkgolide, and picrotoxinin at the 5-HT3 receptorA J Thompson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 80:183-90. 2011Bilobalide (BB), ginkgolide B (GB), diltiazem (DTZ), and picrotoxinin (PXN) are 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3 (5-HT(3)) receptor antagonists in which the principal sites of action are in the channel...
- The neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory effects of diltiazem in spinal cord ischaemia-reperfusion injuryI Fansa
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Mustafa Kemal University, Antakya Hatay, Turkey
J Int Med Res 37:520-33. 2009The protective effects of diltiazem were examined in a rabbit model of spinal cord ischaemia-reperfusion induced by infrarenal aortic occlusion for 30 min...
- Clinical benefits versus shortcomings of diltiazem once-daily in the chronotherapy of cardiovascular diseasesUgochukwu Ezeugo
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, 1717 11th Avenue South, MT638, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:485-91. 2009..The introduction of chronotherapy (that is improving a drugs therapeutic efficacy by paralleling the drugs plasma levels to circadian rhythms) has recently become a focus of interest...
- Inhibitory action of diltiazem on voltage-gated calcium channels in cone photoreceptorsJason Hart
Neuroscience Research Group, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta, Canada
Exp Eye Res 76:597-604. 2003The benzothiazepine, diltiazem, is commonly used as an inhibitor of vascular L-type Ca channels, and is a clinically important anti-anginal and antihypertensive medication...
- Absence of photoreceptor rescue with D-cis-diltiazem in the rd mouseBasil S Pawlyk
Berman Gund Laboratory for the Study of Retinal Degenerations, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:1912-5. 2002Because of a previous report suggesting that D-cis-diltiazem slows retinal degeneration in rd mice, this study was undertaken to examine the effect of D-cis-diltiazem on photoreceptor structure and function in this line of mice.
- Calcium channel blocker D-cis-diltiazem does not slow retinal degeneration in the PDE6B mutant rcd1 canine model of retinitis pigmentosaS E Pearce-Kelling
Baker Institute, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Mol Vis 7:42-7. 2001PURPOSE: D-cis-diltiazem, a calcium channel blocker, has been reported to enhance photoreceptor survival in the rd mouse, a model of retinitis pigmentosa (RP) resulting from mutation of the PDE6B gene...
- Diltiazem reduces retinal neovascularization in a mouse model of oxygen induced retinopathyR D Higgins
Department of Pediatrics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Curr Eye Res 18:20-7. 1999To assess the effect of diltiazem, a calcium channel blocking agent, on oxygen induced retinopathy (OIR) in a mouse model using neovascular nuclei quantitation and a quantitative scoring system based on examining fluorescein perfused ..
- The L-type calcium channel inhibitor diltiazem prevents cardiomyopathy in a mouse modelChristopher Semsarian
Department of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 109:1013-20. 2002..Early administration of the L-type Ca(2+) channel inhibitor diltiazem restores normal levels of these sarcoplasmic reticular proteins and prevents the development of pathology in ..
- Retinitis pigmentosa: rod photoreceptor rescue by a calcium-channel blocker in the rd mouseM Frasson
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire de la Retine, médicale A, BP 426, 1 Place de l Hopital, Universite Louis Pasteur, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Nat Med 5:1183-7. 1999..We report that D-cis-diltiazem, a calcium-channel blocker that also acts at light-sensitive cGMP-gated channels, rescued photoreceptors and ..
- Subunit configuration of heteromeric cone cyclic nucleotide-gated channelsChanghong Peng
Department of Veterinary and Comparative Anatomy, Washington State University, P O Box 646520, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Neuron 42:401-10. 2004..Together, these data support a preferred subunit arrangement for cone CNG channels (B3-B3-A3-A3) that is distinct from the 3A:1B configuration of rod channels...
- Physiologically based mechanistic modelling to predict complex drug-drug interactions involving simultaneous competitive and time-dependent enzyme inhibition by parent compound and its metabolite in both liver and gut - the effect of diltiazem on the timeKaren Rowland Yeo
Simcyp Limited, Blades Enterprise Centre, John Street, Sheffield S2 4SU, UK
Eur J Pharm Sci 39:298-309. 2010To predict the magnitude of metabolic drug-drug interaction (mDDI) between triazolam and diltiazem and its primary metabolite N-desmethyldiltiazem (MA).
- Diltiazem poisoning treated with hyperinsulinemic euglycemia therapy and intravenous lipid emulsionVirginie Montiel
Department of Intensive Care, Cliniques St Luc, 10 Avenue Hippocrate, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Emerg Med 18:121-3. 2011..An 18-year-old healthy woman was admitted 8 h after the voluntary ingestion of sustained-release diltiazem (3600 mg), with severe hypotension refractory to fluid therapy, calcium salts, and high-dose norepinephrine (6...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of a new modulatory cyclic nucleotide-gated channel subunit from mouse retinaA Gerstner
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der Technischen Universitat Munchen, 80802 Munchen, Germany
J Neurosci 20:1324-32. 2000..weakened the outward rectification in the presence of extracellular Ca(2+), increased the sensitivity for L-cis diltiazem, and enhanced the cAMP efficacy of the channel...
- Effects of ranolazine with atenolol, amlodipine, or diltiazem on exercise tolerance and angina frequency in patients with severe chronic angina: a randomized controlled trialBernard R Chaitman
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
JAMA 291:309-16. 2004....
- Noscapine and diltiazem augment taxol and radiation-induced S-phase arrest and clonogenic death of C6 glioma in vitroMeric A Altinoz
Golden Horn Halic University, Capa, Istanbul 34390, Turkey
Surg Neurol 65:478-84; discussion 485. 2006..Noscapine is an opioid antitussive, which acts anti cancer via blocking microtubule dynamics. Diltiazem is a calcium channel-blocking cardiac antiarrythmic, which also blocks tumor growth and P-glycoprotein.
- Development of oral controlled-release tablet formulations based on diltiazem-carrageenan complexM C Bonferoni
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Pharm Dev Technol 9:155-62. 2004b>Diltiazem HCl and lambda carrageenan react in distilled water to give a slightly soluble interaction product...
- The effect on heart rate of combining single-dose fingolimod with steady-state atenolol or diltiazem in healthy subjectsJohn M Kovarik
Novartis Pharma, Building WSJ 210 423, 4002, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:457-63. 2008..The authors determined the effect of combining a single dose of fingolimod with steady-state atenolol or diltiazem on heart rate and mean arterial pressure.
- Intravenous lipid emulsion therapy for sustained release diltiazem poisoning: a case reportBen J Wilson
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
J Popul Ther Clin Pharmacol 19:e218-22. 2012We present a case of refractory cardiogenic shock secondary to sustained release diltiazem poisoning. Intravenous lipid emulsion therapy was initiated approximately 13 hours after ingestion...
- Modulation of drug release rate of diltiazem-HCl from hydrogel matrices of succinic acid-treated ispaghula huskM C Gohel
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, L M College of Pharmacy, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, India
Pharm Dev Technol 5:375-81. 2000The feasibility of using succinic acid-treated ispaghula husk in matrix-based tablets of diltiazem-HCl was investigated. The sample prepared using 4:1 weight ratio of ispaghula husk to succinic acid showed improved swelling and gelling...
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling of diltiazem in spontaneously hypertensive rats: a microdialysis studyFacundo M Bertera
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Junin 956, C1113AAD Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 56:290-9. 2007..work was to study the applicability of a modified E(max) pharmacodynamic model for the pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PK-PD) modeling of diltiazem in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) and normotensive Wistar Kyoto (WKY) rats.
- Critical care management of verapamil and diltiazem overdose with a focus on vasopressors: a 25-year experience at a single centerMichael Levine
Department of Medical Toxicology, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Ann Emerg Med 62:252-8. 2013Verapamil or diltiazem overdose can cause severe morbidity and death, and there exist limited human data describing management and outcome of a large number of such patients...
- Systematic review of the use of topical diltiazem compared with glyceryltrinitrate for the nonoperative management of chronic anal fissureM S Sajid
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Worthing Hospital, Worthing, UK
Colorectal Dis 15:19-26. 2013The study analyzed clinical trials investigating the effectiveness of diltiazem (DTZ) and glyceryltrinitrate (GTN) for the nonsurgical management of chronic anal fissure (CAF).
- Multivariate statistical approach to optimizing sustained-release tablet formulations containing diltiazem hydrochloride as a model highly water-soluble drugShingo Kikuchi
Department of Pharmaceutics, Hoshi University, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Int J Pharm 386:149-55. 2010A multivariate statistical technique was applied to designing a tablet for the sustained release over 24h of diltiazem hydrochloride, a model highly water-soluble drug...
- Lessons learnt in the pharmacokinetic analysis of the effect of haemoperfusion for acute overdose with sustained-release diltiazemD M Roberts
Burns, Trauma and Critical Care Research Centre, University of Queensland, Butterfield Street, Herston, Australia
Anaesthesia 63:714-8. 2008The effect of charcoal haemoperfusion on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem is described in a patient with severe clinical toxicity following acute overdose...
- Lipid emulsion therapy in cardiodepressive syndrome after diltiazem overdose--case reportCristina Bologa
Internal Medicine Department, II Internal Medical Clinic, Sf Spiridon Clinical Emergency Hospital, Gr T Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania
Am J Emerg Med 31:1154.e3-4. 2013We present a case of diltiazem overdose in which the patient ingested 5.6 g in an apparent suicide attempt. She was admitted in the emergency department 2 hours postingestion with cardiodepressive syndrome...
- Is vitamin C superior to diltiazem for radial artery vasodilation in patients awaiting coronary artery bypass grafting?George E Drossos
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:330-5. 2003..the vasodilating effects of vitamin C on the radial arteries of healthy subjects and to assess whether vitamin C is superior in this regard to diltiazem, a commonly used vasodilator in coronary artery bypass using radial conduits.
- Treatment of stable angina with low dose diltiazem in combination with the metabolic agent trimetazidineS C Manchanda
Department of Cardiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, 110 029, New Delhi, India
Int J Cardiol 88:83-9. 2003..This study investigates the efficacy and acceptability of low dose diltiazem in combination with trimetazidine for the treatment of stable angina.
- Postoperative outcome of patients undergoing lung resection presenting with new-onset atrial fibrillation managed by amiodarone or diltiazemAntonio Bobbio
Department of Surgical Science, Unit of Thoracic Surgery, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:70-4. 2007..The postoperative course of AF was also evaluated in relation to either amiodarone or diltiazem employed as anti-arrhythmic agents.
- Third-degree AV block from extended-release diltiazem ingestion in a nine-month-oldBrandon K Wills
Department of Emergency Medicine, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
J Emerg Med 38:328-31. 2010..A 9-month-old girl was found playing with tablets of extended-release diltiazem 120 mg...
- A prospective, randomized, double-blind study comparing the efficacy of diltiazem, glyceryl trinitrate, and lidocaine for the treatment of anal fissure in childrenMuazez Cevik
Cocuk Cerrahisi Anabilim Dali, Harran Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Morfoloji Binasi, Yenisehir Kampusu, 63300, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Pediatr Surg Int 28:411-6. 2012..Although adult patients with AF have been treated successfully using diltiazem, it has not been studied in children...
- Effect of combined dopamine and diltiazem on renal function after cardiac surgerySenol Yavuz
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Bursa Yuksek Ihtisas Teaching and Research Hospital, Bursa, Turkey
Med Sci Monit 8:PI45-50. 2002In order to evaluate the effect of the combined use of dopamine and diltiazem on renal function in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), we conducted a prospective randomized study.
- Discovery of novel and cardioselective diltiazem-like calcium channel blockers via virtual screeningEmanuele Carosati
Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Via Elce di Sotto 10, 06123 Perugia, Italia
J Med Chem 51:5552-65. 2008..L-type calcium channels (LTCCs), ligand-based virtual screening was applied with a specific interest toward the diltiazem binding site. Roughly 50000 commercially available compounds served as a database for screening...
- Fascioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy: a progressive degenerative disease that responds to diltiazemD L Lefkowitz
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Med Hypotheses 65:716-21. 2005..The present investigators have noted that some individuals with FSHD benefit from a regimen of diltiazem, a Ca2+ channel blocker...
- Effects of diltiazem retard on ambulatory blood pressure and heart rate variability in patients with essential hypertensionY Kawano
Division of Hypertension and Nephrology, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Blood Press Monit 5:181-5. 2000..Dihydropyridine calcium antagonists increase heart rate due to reflex activation of the sympathetic nervous system, although these effects are less obvious for long-acting agents...
- Effects of diltiazem and propafenone on the inactivation and recovery kinetics of fKv1.4 channel currents expressed in Xenopus oocytesDong Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 32:465-77. 2011To investigate the effects of diltiazem, an L-type calcium channel blocker, and propafenone, a sodium channel blocker, on the inactivation and recovery kinetics of fKv1...
- An investigation of pulsatile release tablets with ethylcellulose and Eudragit L as film coating materials and cross-linked polyvinylpyrrolidone in the core tabletsT Y Fan
Department of Pharmacy, Peking University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 100083, Beijing, China
J Control Release 77:245-51. 2001..The release of diltiazem hydrochloride (DIL) as a model drug in the core tablets was investigated in vitro...
- Effect of different durations and formulations of diltiazem on the single-dose pharmacokinetics of midazolam: how long do we go?Evan J Friedman
Merck and Co, Inc, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 51:1561-70. 2011..b>Diltiazem interaction studies assess a given compound's sensitivity to moderate CYP3A inhibition...
- A combination of nonionic surfactants and iontophoresis to enhance the transdermal drug delivery of ondansetron HCl and diltiazem HClSérgio M C Silva
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Azinhaga de Santa Comba, Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 80:663-73. 2012..as skin permeation enhancers in the transdermal drug delivery of two drugs: ondansetron hydrochloride and diltiazem hydrochloride, formulated as hydrogels. The enhancers are used alone, or in combination with iontophoresis (0...
- Diltiazem overdose: a role for high-dose insulinNeil Abeysinghe
Department of Anaesthesia, The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust, Princess Royal Hospital, Apley Castle, Telford TF1 6TF, UK
Emerg Med J 27:802-3. 2010..This case supports the use of rescue hyperinsulinaemic euglycaemia in patients with an overdose of calcium channel blockers who remain hypotensive despite standard pharmacological measures...
- A comparison of the effects of diltiazem and glyceryl trinitrate ointment in the treatment of chronic anal fissure: a randomized clinical trialU K Shrivastava
Department of Surgery, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Delhi, 110095, India
Surg Today 37:482-5. 2007..In recent years, various medical therapies have been used for the treatment of chronic anal fissure without fear of incontinence...
- Effect of glycyrrhizic acid on protein binding of diltiazem, verapamil, and nifedipineKyoung Jin Lee
Locus Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Blue Bell, PA, USA
Arch Pharm Res 27:978-83. 2004The effects of glycyrrhizic acid (GLZ) on protein binding of diltiazem, verapamil, and nifedipine were investigated...
- The use of diltiazem for treating rapid atrial fibrillation in the out-of-hospital settingH E Wang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE, USA
Ann Emerg Med 37:38-45. 2001We sought to evaluate the use of intravenous diltiazem for treatment of rapid atrial fibrillation or flutter (RAF) in the out-of-hospital setting.
- Development of controlled-release buccoadhesive hydrophilic matrices of diltiazem hydrochloride: optimization of bioadhesion, dissolution, and diffusion parametersBhupinder Singh
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 28:431-42. 2002..b>Diltiazem hydrochloride (DLZ) is also reported to have low oral bioavailability due to an extensive hepatic first-pass ..
- Effects of diltiazem on in vitro cardiovascular actions of crude venom obtained from Okinawan box-jellyfish (Habu-kurage), Chiropsalmus quadrigatusM Sakanashi
Anaesth Intensive Care 30:570-7. 2002..These increases in contractions were significantly inhibited by diltiazem and did not show tachyphylaxis...
- Development and release mechanism of diltiazem HCl prolonged release matrix tabletsHarikrishna Boyapally
Pharmaceutical Sciences, Greenwich University, Medway Campus, Chatham Maritime, Kent, UK
Drug Deliv 16:67-74. 2009A coated matrix tablet formulation has been used to develop controlled release diltiazem HCl (DIL) tablets. The developed drug delivery system provided prolonged drug release rates over a defined period of time...
- Effect of diltiazem on retention and retrieval of memory in young and aged miceA Arzi
Physiology Research Center, Ahwaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahwaz, Iran
Pak J Biol Sci 13:1042-6. 2010b>Diltiazem (DTZ) is widely used in the prophylaxis of hypertension and treatment of angina...
- Evaluation of novel starch acetate-diltiazem controlled release tablets in healthy human volunteersOssi Korhonen
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Kuopio, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Control Release 95:515-20. 2004..Three starch acetate tablet formulations with different in vitro release rates for diltiazem (fast, moderate and slow) were developed...
- Use of coated microtubular halloysite for the sustained release of diltiazem hydrochloride and propranolol hydrochlorideS R Levis
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Int J Pharm 253:145-57. 2003Halloysite is a naturally occurring microtubular aluminosilicate mineral. The highly water soluble cationic drug, diltiazem HCl, was shown to bind to the polyanionic surfaces of the material to achieve a slight sustained release effect ..
- Influence of centrally administered diltiazem on behavioural responses, clinical symptoms, reticulo-ruminal contractions and plasma catecholamine level after experimentally induced duodenal distension in sheepB F Kania
Experimental and Clinical Physio Pharmacological Laboratory, Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Nowoursynowska 159, 02 776 Warsaw, Poland
Res Vet Sci 90:291-7. 2011..Present study examined the role of VGCC blocker - diltiazem administered icv (0.25, 0.5, 1.0 and/or 2...
- Diltiazem attenuates oxidative stress in diabetic ratsMuragundla Anjaneyulu
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Ren Fail 27:335-44. 2005..The present study was thus designed to examine the effect of a nondihydropyridine calcium channel blocker, diltiazem, on renal function, oxidative stress, and nitric oxide (NO) release in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic ..
- Effects of resveratrol on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem and its major metabolite, desacetyldiltiazem, in ratsSoon Pyo Hong
College of Medicine, Chosun University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Cardiovasc Ther 26:269-75. 2008..purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of resveratrol, an antioxidant, on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem and its active metabolite, desacetyldiltiazem, in rats...
- [Nephrotoxicity of tacrolimus and preventive effect of diltiazem: experiment with rats]Ye Hui Chen
Department of Urology, First Municipal People s Hospital of Guangzhou, Guangzhou 510180, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:704-8. 2009To study the nephrotoxicity tacrolimus (FK506) at the therapeutic dose the preventive effect of diltiazem (Dil), a calcium antagonist against the FK506-induced pathological changes.
- Enhanced oral exposure of diltiazem by the concomitant use of naringin in ratsJun Shik Choi
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, 375 Su suk Dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Int J Pharm 305:122-8. 2005The present study aims to investigate the effect of naringin, a flavonoid, on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem and its active metabolite, desacetyldiltiazem, in rats...
- Diltiazem did not induce gingival overgrowth in rats. A clinical, histological and histometric analysisFernanda de Oliveira Bello Corrêa
Department of Diagnosis and Surgery, School of Dentistry of Araraquara, Sao Paulo State University
Braz Oral Res 19:163-8. 2005..However, there are few studies in humans or animals that evaluated the effect of diltiazem on gingival tissues...
- Effect of the calcium channel blockers nifedipine and diltiazem on pentylenetetrazole kindling-provoked amnesia in ratsM G Genkova-Papazova
Laboratory of CNS Pharmacology, Institute of Physiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad G Bonchev Str, bl 23, 1113, Sofia, Bulgaria
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 11:91-6. 2001..we examined the effect of post-training administered calcium channel blockers nifedipine (10 and 40 mg/kg) and diltiazem (10 and 30 mg/kg) on amnesia induced by PTZ kindling in shuttle-box- and step-down-trained rats...
- Calcium chloride before i.v. diltiazem in the management of atrial fibrillationTom Kolkebeck
959th Surgical Operations Squadron, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Emerg Med 26:395-400. 2004b>Diltiazem is commonly used to treat atrial fibrillation or flutter (AFF) with rapid ventricular response (RVR)...
- Effects of KRN2391, nicorandil and diltiazem on the changes in the electrocardiogram caused by endothelin-1 in anaesthetized ratsK Harada
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, Gunma, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 109:679-84. 1993..caused by endothelin-1 (ET-1) was studied in anaesthetized rats and compared with the effects of nicorandil and diltiazem. In addition, the effect of KRN2391 on the action potential of guinea-pig papillary muscle was studied. 2...
- Diltiazem in acute myocardial infarction treated with thrombolytic agents: a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Incomplete Infarction Trial of European Research Collaborators Evaluating Prognosis post-Thrombolysis (INTERCEPT)W E Boden
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Syracuse, New York, USA
Lancet 355:1751-6. 2000b>Diltiazem reduces non-fatal reinfarction and refractory ischaemia after non-Q-wave myocardial infarction, an acute coronary syndrome similar to the incomplete infarction that occurs after successful reperfusion...
- Calcium antagonists, diltiazem and nifedipine, protect broilers against low temperature-induced pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vascular remodelingYing Yang
College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Anim Sci J 81:494-500. 2010This study was designed to determine whether calcium antagonists, diltiazem and nifedipine, can depress low temperature-induced pulmonary hypertension (PH) in broilers (also known as ascites) and to characterize their efficacy on ..
- Acute cardiovascular effects of diltiazem in anesthetized dogs with induced atrial fibrillationM Miyamoto
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210-1092, USA
J Vet Intern Med 15:559-63. 2001..In a previous study, we determined the dosage of intravenously administered diltiazem necessary to reduce ventricular response (VR), cardiac output (CO), and mean systemic arterial pressure (P(Ao)) ..
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between fluvastatin and diltiazem in ratsJun Shik Choi
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, Korea
Biopharm Drug Dispos 27:437-41. 2006The present study aimed to investigate the effect of fluvastatin on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem in rats...
- The effect of oral diltiazem on airway reactivity to methacholine and exercise in subjects with mild intermittent asthmaE Harman
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610
Am Rev Respir Dis 136:1179-82. 1987The effect of increasing doses of oral diltiazem on airway reactivity to methacholine was evaluated in 10 volunteers with mild asthma...
- Effect of atorvastatin on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem and its main metabolite, desacetyldiltiazem, in ratsSoon Pyo Hong
College of Medicine, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:90-5. 2007..study was to investigate the effect of atorvastatin, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem and its active metabolite, desacetyldiltiazem, in rats...
- Inhibition of MDR1 activity and induction of apoptosis by analogues of nifedipine and diltiazem: an in vitro analysisMaurizio Viale
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, S C Terapia Immunologica, L go R Benzi 10, 16132, Genova, Italy
Invest New Drugs 29:98-109. 2011..Moreover, together with compound 3 (the diltiazem-like 8-(4-chlorophenyl)-5-methyl-8-[(2Z)-pent-2-en-1-yloxy]-8H-[1,2,4]oxadiazolo[3,4-c][1,4]thiazin-3-one) we ..
- Comparison of the effectiveness of intravenous diltiazem and metoprolol in the management of rapid ventricular rate in atrial fibrillationC Demircan
Uludag University Medical Faculty Hospital, Bursa, Turkey
Emerg Med J 22:411-4. 2005To compare the effectiveness of intravenous (IV) diltiazem and metoprolol in the management of rapid ventricular rate in atrial fibrillation (AF).
- In vivo performance of controlled release pellets of diltiazem HCl- Nisarur-ur-Rahman
Department of Pharmacy, Islamia University, Bahawalpur, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 18:44-8. 2005The test formulation of controlled release diltiazem pellets was evaluated in vivo, in comparison with Herbesser SR. Six healthy volunteers participated in the study, conducted according to a randomized, two-way crossover study design...
- Development and in vitro evaluation of an oral floating matrix tablet formulation of diltiazem hydrochlorideManoj N Gambhire
Department of Pharmaceutics, Bharati Vidyapeeth s College of Pharmacy, C B D, Navi Mumbai 400 614, Maharashtra, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 8:E73. 2007The purpose of this research was to prepare a floating drug delivery system of diltiazem hydrochloride (DTZ). Floating matrix tablets of DTZ were developed to prolong gastric residence time and increase its bioavailability...
- Prehospital pharmacology: diltiazemBenjamin Zachar
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Emerg Med Serv 35:53-7. 2006
- Effect of diltiazem and methylene blue on human sperm motility, viability and cervical mucus penetration: potential use as vas irrigants at the time of vasectomyBarbara L Wood
Sperm Biology and Contraceptive Research Laboratory, CONRAD Program, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Contraception 67:241-5. 2003..b>Diltiazem, an anti-arrhythmic drug, and methylene blue, an agent commonly used in vasography, showed the most promising ..
- Hydrocolloid carriers with filler inclusion for diltiazem hydrochloride releaseA Gal
Institute of Biochemistry, Food Science and Nutrition, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
J Pharm Sci 96:168-78. 2007..Release profiles of diltiazem hydrochloride from different carriers were obtained during immersion in dissolution medium...
- Studies on interactions between functional foods or dietary supplements and medicines. I. Effects of Ginkgo biloba leaf extract on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem in ratsNoriaki Ohnishi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Kyoto, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 26:1315-20. 2003..leaf extract (GBE), one of the most widely used herbal dietary supplements in Japan, on the pharmacokinetics of diltiazem (DTZ), a typical probe of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A, were examined in rats...
- Effect of hydrophilic polymers on the release of diltiazem hydrochloride from elementary osmotic pumpsD Prabakaran
Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Harisingh Gour University, Sagar, MP 470 003, Sagar, India
Int J Pharm 259:173-9. 2003b>Diltiazem hydrochloride (DLTZ) is a freely water-soluble drug, because of its higher aqueous solubility, the suitability of the drug with elementary osmotic pumps is restricted...
- Stereoselective behavior of the functional diltiazem analogue 1-[(4-chlorophenyl)sulfonyl]-2-(2-thienyl)pyrrolidine, a new L-type calcium channel blockerEmanuele Carosati
Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, 06123 Perugia, Italy
J Med Chem 52:6637-48. 2009..a recently described blocker of cardiovascular L-type calcium channels that binds to the diltiazem site...
- Facilitatory effects of diltiazem on dopamine release in the central nervous system. Focus on interactions with D2 autoreceptors and guanosine triphosphate binding proteinsK Tsuda
Neurochemistry Research Laboratories, New York University Medical Center, NY
Am J Hypertens 5:642-7. 1992The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effects of a Ca antagonist (diltiazem) on dopamine release in the central nervous system...
- Excessive activation of cyclic nucleotide-gated channels contributes to neuronal degeneration of photoreceptorsGéraldine Vallazza-Deschamps
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire de la Retine, INSERM U 592, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Bâtiment Kourilsky 6ème étage, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Eur J Neurosci 22:1013-22. 2005..assess the role of cGMP-gated channels in this cGMP toxicity, the Ca(2+) channel blockers verapamil and L- and D-diltiazem, which block cGMP-gated channels with different efficacies, were applied to in vitro animal models of ..
- Comparison of response to serotonin of radial artery grafts and internal mammary grafts to native coronary arteries and the effect of diltiazemG Sperti
Institute of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, and the Department of Anesthesia, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Am J Cardiol 83:592-6, A8. 1999..of serotonin in 22 consecutive patients 1 year after the operation, subsequently evaluating the effect of diltiazem in 9 patients...
- Effects of diltiazem compared with nicardipine on diaphragmatic fatigability in vivoY Fujii
Eur J Anaesthesiol 20:575-6. 2003
- Protection of Swiss albino mice against whole-body gamma irradiation by diltiazemV Nunia
Radiation and Cancer Biology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur 302 004, India
Br J Radiol 80:77-84. 2007The aim of the present study was to evaluate the radioprotective effect of diltiazem (DTZ) on Swiss albino mice exposed to gamma radiation...
- Effects of itraconazole and diltiazem on the pharmacokinetics of fexofenadine, a substrate of P-glycoproteinMikiko Shimizu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, and Department of Pharmacy, Hirosaki University Hospital, Japan
Br J Clin Pharmacol 61:538-44. 2006..Our objective was to evaluate the possible effects of two P-glycoprotein inhibitors, itraconazole and diltiazem, on the pharmacokinetics of fexofenadine, a putative probe of P-glycoprotein activity in vivo, and compare the ..
- Differential myolysis of myocardium and skeletal muscle in hamsters with dilated cardiomyopathy: beneficial protective effect of diltiazemYosuke Kato
Pathophysiological Laboratory Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
Circ J 70:1497-502. 2006....
- Calcium channel blocker (diltiazem) inhibits apoptosis of vascular smooth muscle cell exposed to high glucose concentration through lectin-like oxidized low density lipoprotein receptor-1 (LOX-1) pathwayAchmad Rudijanto
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Brawijaya University dr Syaiful Anwar Hospital, Jl Veteran, Malang 65145, Indonesia
Acta Med Indones 42:59-65. 2010to examine the role of diltiazem in the prevention of VSMC apoptosis exposed to high glucose through inhibition of LOX-1 expression.
- Case report: delirium due to a diltiazem-fentanyl CYP3A4 drug interactionTomer T Levin
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 32:648.e9-648.e10. 2010Fentanyl and diltiazem are frequently used medications. Diltiazem inhibits cytochrome P450 3A4 isoenzymes. This can suppress fentanyl metabolism.
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interactions between diltiazem and methylprednisolone in healthy volunteersBrent M Booker
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, 14260, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 72:370-82. 2002The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics after administration of methylprednisolone alone, diltiazem alone, and both drugs jointly were assessed in healthy volunteers.
- The long-term results of diltiazem treatment for anal fissureG F Nash
Poole Hospital, Dorset, UK
Int J Clin Pract 60:1411-3. 2006The effects of diltiazem treatment on symptoms of chronic anal fissures and their long-term outcome were investigated...
- Differences in protective profiles of diltiazem isomers in ischemic and reperfused guinea pig heartsRyuichi Sato
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 434:125-31. 2002The effects of L-cis and D-cis diltiazem on the extracellular potassium concentration ([K(+)]e), pH and cardiac function were compared in ischemic guinea pig hearts...
- Effect of calcium channel antagonist diltiazem and calcium ionophore A23187 on cyclosporine A-induced apoptosis of renal tubular cellsChi Hung Cheng
Section of Nephrology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
FEBS Lett 516:191-6. 2002..In this study, we have used Madin-Darby canine kidney tubular cells as a model to examine the effect of diltiazem, a calcium channel antagonist, on CsA-induced apoptosis...
- Topical diltiazem ointment in the treatment of chronic anal fissureJ S Knight
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Royal Berkshire and Battle Hospitals, Oxford Road, Reading RG30 1AG, UK
Br J Surg 88:553-6. 2001..In this study the use of topical 2 per cent diltiazem ointment has been investigated as an alternative method of chemical sphincterotomy...
- Semiphysiologically based pharmacokinetic models for the inhibition of midazolam clearance by diltiazem and its major metaboliteXin Zhang
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Purdue University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 37:1587-97. 2009Prediction of the extent and time course of drug-drug interactions (DDIs) between the mechanism-based inhibitor diltiazem (DTZ) and the CYP3A4 substrate midazolam (MDZ) is confounded by time- and concentration-dependent clearance of the ..
- Transfer of high sensitivity for benzothiazepines from L-type to class A (BI) calcium channelsS Hering
Institut fur Biochemische Pharmakologie, University of Innsbruck, Peter Mayr Strasse 1, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 271:24471-5. 1996To investigate the molecular basis of the calcium channel block by diltiazem, we transferred amino acids of the highly sensitive and stereoselective L-type (alpha1S or alpha1C) to a weakly sensitive, nonstereoselective class A (alpha1A) ..
- Molecular determinants of Ca2+ potentiation of diltiazem block and Ca2+-dependent inactivation in the pore region of cav1.2Nejmi Dilmac
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Mol Pharmacol 64:491-501. 2003b>Diltiazem block of Cav1.2 is frequency-dependent and potentiated by Ca2+. We examined the molecular determinants of these characteristics using mutations that affect Ca2+ interactions with Cav1.2. Mutant and wild-type (WT) Cav1...
- Effect of diltiazem on kidney function during laparoscopic surgeryJi Young Kim
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Anesthesia and Pain Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Surg Endosc 23:1785-90. 2009..This study was designed to investigate the effect of diltiazem on acute kidney injury during positive pneumoperitoneum in patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery.
- Molecular determinants of diltiazem block in domains IIIS6 and IVS6 of L-type Ca(2+) channelsG H Hockerman
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Mol Pharmacol 58:1264-70. 2000The benzothiazepine diltiazem blocks ionic current through L-type Ca(2+) channels, as do the dihydropyridines (DHPs) and phenylalkylamines (PAs), but it has unique properties that distinguish it from these other drug classes...
- Cardiovascular and pharmacokinetic interactions between nicorandil and adjunctive propranolol, atenolol or diltiazem in conscious dogsS J Humphrey
Pharmacology Department, Pharmacia and Upjohn, Inc, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 20:779-91. 1998..beta-adrenergic receptor antagonists propranolol (PRO) and atenolol (ATN) and with the calcium channel blocker diltiazem (DTZ) to determine their cardiovascular and pharmacokinetic interactions...
- pH-dependent block of the L-type Ca2+ channel current by diltiazem in human mesenteric arterial myocytesS V Smirnov
Department of Pharmacology, The Guy s, King s and St Thomas Schools of Medicine, St Thomas Campus, King s College, London, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 360:81-90. 1998Inhibition of the L-type Ca2+ channel current (IBa) by diltiazem was characterised in human mesenteric arterial myocytes. External (pHo) and internal (pHi) pH was varied to alter the proportion of drug in charged and neutral forms...
- A prospective randomized trial of diltiazem and glyceryltrinitrate ointment in the treatment of chronic anal fissureK Bielecki
Department Surgery, Medical Centre for Postgraduate Education, Orlowski Hospital, 231 Czerniakowska str 00 416, Warsaw, Poland
Colorectal Dis 5:256-7. 2003The aim of this study was to compare prospectively diltiazem with GTN ointment in the treatment of anal fissure.
- New colorimetric methods for the determination of trazodone HCl, famotidine, and diltiazem HCl in their pharmaceutical dosage formsMagda M Ayad
Analytical Chemical Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
Anal Bioanal Chem 376:710-4. 2003..and simple spectrophotometric methods are developed for the determination of trazodone HCl, famotidine, and diltiazem HCl in pure and pharmaceutical preparations...
- Pilot and definitive studies to evaluate Insertional MutagenesisLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2012..of QT interval prolongation using six drugs (Sotalol, Terfenedine, Bepridil, Loratadine, Lovastatin, and Diltiazem). . If successful, definitive studies will be extended to examine the sensitivity and specificity of the assay...
- Studies to Evaluate the Toxicological Potential of Test ArticlesLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..of QT interval prolongation using six drugs (Sotalol, Terfenedine, Bepridil, Loratadine, Lovastatin, and Diltiazem). . If successful, definitive studies will be extended to examine the sensitivity and specificity of the assay...
- The Role of Cav1.2 L-type Ca2+ Channels in Cocaine-Induced ReinstatementAnjali M Rajadhyaksha; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using the reinstatement of cocaine CPP model, we find that the LTCC antagonist, diltiazem delivered directly into the NAc blocks cocaine-induced reinstatement of cocaine CPP...
- CALCIUM AND CONTROL OF RENIN SECRETIONJohn Fray; Fiscal Year: 1990..isoproterenol and forskolin, angiotensin II, and ADH, organic Ca-channel blockers (nitrendipine, verapamil, diltiazem, and D-600), and ANP. 2) To study the mode of action of Free Calcium on the renin secretory process...
- CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS--KINETICS, ACTION & METABOLISMSTEPHEN BAI; Fiscal Year: 1992..The three major agents of this class of drugs are verapamil, nifedipine and diltiazem. The disposition and metabolism of these drugs is not fully clear...
- SEROTONIN AND EICOSANOID INTERACTION IN LUNG VASOMOTIONWENDELL HOFMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..or receptor-operated channels (ROC) by employing Ca++ channel antagonist specific for either a VOC (verapamil, diltiazem, nitrendipine) or ROC (nitroprusside, nitroglycerin) and VOC patentiators (BAY K 8644)...
- EFFECT OF AGING ON CALCIUM BLOCKER KINETICS/DYNAMICSJANICE SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 1993..Racemic verapamil elimination is prolonged in healthy elderly while elimination of diltiazem as a single isomer does not differ markedly in elderly vs younger hypertensives...
- NOVEL DRUGS TO TREAT URINARY INCONTINENCEJAN CHEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Contrary to other calcium antagonists such as nifedipine and diltiazem, TBDT inhibits bladder contraction but affects neither heart functions nor blood pressure...
- PH SENSITIVE COMPLEX HYDROGEL FOR PROTEIN DRUG RELEASENIKOLAOS PEPPAS; Fiscal Year: 2001..Additionally, these gels can be used as carriers of drugs including oxprenolol, proxyphilline, diltiazem and bleomycin, drugs that present a range of ionization characteristics and solubility parameters, The formation ..
- OPSIN CGMP-ACTIVATED SINGLE CHANNEL ACTIVITYJAMES CLACK; Fiscal Year: 1991..The effect of L-cis-Diltiazem upon channel activity will be studied...
- ROLE OF NUCLEUS ACCUMBENS CA2+ FLUX IN COCAINE REWARDWILLIAM CARLEZON; Fiscal Year: 2000..25 mg/kg, IP) with intra-NASh microinjections of an L-type Ca2+ channel antagonist (diltiazem) or an activator (BAY k 8644) during drug conditioning sessions...
- Function of L-Type Ca2+ Channels in B-LymphocytesAnne Laure Perraud; Fiscal Year: 2009..Statement: L-type Ca2+ channels are important therapeutic targets of a class of drugs that include verapamil and diltiazem, which are commonly used to treat conditions such as hypertension in patients...
- REGULATION OF MEMBRANE MEDIATED MUSCLE DEGENERATIONSyamal Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 1992..the mechanism(s) of EICA at the cellular and subcellular levels, and (3) to evaluate the effects of ATP-MgCl2, Diltiazem (DTZM), and their combination in the regulation of EICA in DH...
- CALCIUM & CALCIUM ANTAGONISM IN SMOOTH & CARDIAC MUSCLEDavid Triggle; Fiscal Year: 1991The Ca2+ channel drugs, including the clinically available verapamil, nifedipine and diltiazem, enjoy prominent use both as therapeutic agents in the control of number of cardiovascular disorders, but also as molecular probes with which ..
- RECEPTORS FOR CALCIUM CHANNEL INHIBITORSPAL VAGHY; Fiscal Year: 1992..subunit. This is a 1,4- dihydropyridine and phenylalkylamine binding polypeptide. Diltiazem (benzothiazepine) binding to this polypeptide has not been demonstrated...
- MECHANISMS OF OCCLUSION IN A STENOSED CORONARY ARTERYCLAUDE BENEDICT; Fiscal Year: 1991..Selected agents (aspirin, LY53857, dazoxiben, aminophylline, PGE1, SQ29548, heparin, diltiazem) will be used singly or in combination to inhibit specific mechanisms that lead to platelet aggregation and ..
- NEW ASYMMETRIC PROCESSES FOR USE IN ORGANIC SYNTHESISK Sharpless; Fiscal Year: 1999..g. beta-lactams, diltiazem, brassinolide, antibiotic AT-125, cianidanol, etc.)...
- CA2 CHANNELS--CHARACTERIZATION OF DRUG BINDING SITESMICHAEL PIASCIK; Fiscal Year: 1990..employ a series of calcium entry blockers in the intact rabbit aorta and ligand binding studies with tritiated diltiazem and desmethoxyverapamil in smooth muscle membranes to characterize the different types of drug binding sites ..
- Calcium Channel Gating: It Matters How You Splice It.William Horne; Fiscal Year: 2006..The alpha1 subunits serve as targets for several classes of therapeutic agents, including antiarrhythmics (diltiazem, L-type antagonist) and analgesics (ziconotide, N-type antagonist from a marine snail), and for a host of ..
- Diagnostic and Treatment Strategies for Preclinical HCMCarolyn Ho; Fiscal Year: 2009..Second, a pilot interventional trial will be performed to assess the tolerability and efficacy of diltiazem treatment of this preclinical population in improving parameters of diastolic function and to serve as the basis ..
- PATHOGENESIS AND PREVENTION OF VALVE CALCIFICATIONHiroaki Harasaki; Fiscal Year: 1991..One particular calcium entry blocker, Diltiazem, is proposed to be tested in prevention of calcification in orthotopically implanted bioprosthetic valves in ..
- Mechanisms of Cell Death in CardiomyopathyTUAN KUO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Intervention of cardiomyopathy will be carried out by diltiazem treatment, and heart tissue or mitochondria examined for the prevention of lesion development and for the ..
- Retinal Oxygenation in Diabetic RetinopathyBRUCE BERKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies could lead to the development of a non-invasive real time method for the early evaluation of diabetic retinopathy and its treatment. ..
- Manganese-enhanced MRI Studies of Retinal NeovascularizationBRUCE BERKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2008..The novel methods in this application will also contribute to the advancement of functional MRI for the study of retinal diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MR STUDIES OF EXPERIMENTAL RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITYBRUCE BERKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..This work may have broad impact beyond ROP since abnormal blood vessel growth is a common pathobiologic event for other blinding disorders, such as diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Conference on Childhood, Culture, and NeurodevelopmentMark Barad; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Novel GABA Actions on the Developing BrainJoseph Nunez; Fiscal Year: 2008..I intend to pursue this research in a laboratory of my own. ..
- Chondrocyte S100/Calgranulins and RAGE in OsteoarthritisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of the work will reveal new potential targets for therapeutic intervention in OA by disconnecting inflammation from deleterious alteration of chondrocyte differentiation and function. ..
- Genetics of Chronic Kidney DiseaseStephen T Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Low-Level Prenatal Lead Exposure and Retinal ToxicityDonald Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Disulfiram for Cocaine Abuse in Metadone - PatientsAlison Oliveto; Fiscal Year: 2010..The prognostic relevance of other factors (e.g., sex, discounting behavior) will also be examined. ..
- Genetics of Microangiopathic Brain InjuryStephen T Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Opioid Antagonist Discrimination: A Model of WithdrawalAlison Oliveto; Fiscal Year: 2011..order to do the following: 1) explore the efficacy of CCBs by testing the proto-typic L-type agents (nifedipine, diltiazem, verapamil) as well as the N-type CCB gabapentin;2) explore the efficacy of D-cycloserine at higher doses and ..
- Bioinformatics for Protein MicroarraysRichard Zangar; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ANK and Joint Ankylosis in SpondylitisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will identify novel targets for enthesopathic bone fusion in spondyloarthritis. ..
- Cytokine and MAP Kinase Involvement in Neuropathic PainLinda Sorkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This approach has the potential for avoiding some of the problems that occur with complete inhibition of p38 function. ..
- REGULATION OF XENOBIOTIC-METABOLIZING CYP3ARichard Zangar; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- HYPOXIA AND ET-1 EFFECT ON PA SMC EFFECT ON CHANNELSDavid Rodman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- BENZODIAZEPINE USE AND RISK OF DISABILITY IN THE ELDERLYShelly Gray; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ADVENTITIAL RESPONSE TO VASCULAR INJURY: ESTROGENSuzanne Oparil; Fiscal Year: 2003..These fundamental mechanistic studies will establish more rational strategies for therapeutic intervention in vascular diseases, including the basis for future gene therapy. ..
- DETERMINANTS OF PROCEDURE USE IN MYOCARDIAL INFARCTIONJames Jollis; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also examine "which rate is right?" by comparing adjusted outcomes (mortality, resource use, and costs), and by comparing procedure use to approaches based on medical evidence. ..
- MECHANISMS AND FUNCTIONS OF ASTROCYTE CALCIUM SIGNALINGAndrew Charles; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Rodent models of anxiety disorder treatmentMark Barad; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Ca permeable non-NMDAr: New spinal sensitization pathwayLinda Sorkin; Fiscal Year: 2005..We propose to investigate the effects of Ca-permeable non-NMDAr activation on ERK and CREB phosphorylation (using Western blots and immunohistochemistry), expression of c-fos and development of hyperalgesia. ..
- PTHRP 1 to 173 IN CHONDROCYTESRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2005..Completion of these studies will indicate not only how PTHrP 1-173 can modulate OA, but also how functional properties of the PTHrP 1-173 C-terminal 140-173 domain can be harnessed to promote cartilage repair. ..
- Annual Meeting of the American Pain SocietyLinda Sorkin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstracts will be judged on scientific merit and published in The Journal of Pain. We believe that these awards will encourage meeting attendance by trainees. ..
- Behavioral Effects of GHB in Healthy VolunteersALISON OLIVETO BEAUDOIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will also potentially establish a standard methodology to characterize systematically the behavioral effects of GHB in humans. ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF RESPONSES TO ANTIHYPERTENSIVESStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Anthipertensive PharmacoGenomicsStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Translating Extinction of Fear to Anxiety Disorder TreatmentMark Barad; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments should help establish the translational validity of the extinction model for anxiety disorder treatment and also may yield potential improvements in current anxiety disorder treatments. ..
- Proton as co-transmitter of neuronal signalingMartin Morad; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Growth Hormone and Rosiglitazone for Visceral AdoposityMarshall Glesby; Fiscal Year: 2007..If the results are as predicted, then combination therapy with rhGH and rosiglitazone may prove to be a highly effective treatment for visceral adiposity in HIV-infected patients. ..
- Estrogen Modulates Injury-Induced InflammationSuzanne Oparil; Fiscal Year: 2007..These fundamental mechanistic studies will enhance our understanding of the pathobiology of vascular disease, particularly as it occurs in aging women, and will provide the basis for development of novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- NOS GENE TRANSFER IN PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONDavid Rodman; Fiscal Year: 2002....